Under Pressure (SPN,XO,MATURE,UC) Part 15, 03/29/11 [WIP]

This is the place where fics that have not been updated in the past three months will be moved until the author asks a mod to move them back to an active board.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, truelovepooh, Forum Moderators

Should I continue this story?

Yes
94%
No
6%

Total votes: 36

MsPati
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Under Pressure (SPN,XO,MATURE,UC) Part 15, 03/29/11 [WIP]

Post by MsPati »

Under Pressure

Disclaimer: Sadly, I own nothing. Though I'd really like to own Dean.

Pairing: Drifter

Rating: Mature, just to be safe

Summary: After Jeff and Nancy Parker are killed by vampires, a life none of her friends knew about catches up with Liz.
Liz doesn't know about the aliens. She was shot at 16, but was brought to the hospital in time. Maria and Alex are her best friends. She dated Max for a while, but there were too much secrets between them, which led to her dumping him. So except for being civil with each other, there's not much of a connection between the pod squad and the three humans.
With Supernatural, the Winchesters' first appearance is located at the beginning of season 3, a few days before "Bad Day at Black Rock".
I pushed the timelime of Roswell back three years, so Liz is 26 in this.

On another note, I still need a beta for this. I'd be glad if somebody would be willing to do that, since English isn't my mother tongue :D

I'm gonna stop rambling now and get on with the story. Let me know what you think!
The lyrics used in this part are from AC/DC - Hells Bells

Part 1: Hells Bells

AC/DC was blasting through the apartment above the Crashdown Café while Liz sat in what was now her living room, sharpening a machete. She was going to kill these bastards. They took away her family. She wanted revenge.

Maria had told her to get a grip, that she was losing control. The girl she called her best friend had no idea what she was talking about. She had no idea what was out there. What killed Jeff and Nancy Parker. Liz didn't bother to argue with Maria, let alone tell her about the vampires. She wouldn't have understood. Or believed her.

Liz held the blade upwards and let the light reflect off the newly sharpened surface, before taking her thump to it. The fact that she cut her finger just as soon as her skin met the cool metal made her smile. Just like she had wanted it to turn out. She lay the weapon on the coffee table, creating an odd image, she realized. Right next to the machete sat a little porcelain kitten Liz had given Nancy as a present when she was a child.

She shook her head.

It was better not to think about Nancy or Jeff and focus on the task at hand. Killing vampires. Her expression grew hard at the thought, the anger that was boiling inside of her clearly visible in the way her eyes sparkled dangerously. She looked at the bottle of water on the desk and the rosary she had placed next to it. Time to turn this water into a weapon.

I won't take no prisoners, won't spare no lives
Nobody's putting up a fight
I got my bell, I'm gonna take you to hell
I'm gonna get ya, Satan get ya

She mouthed the words of the song, an angry smile on her face. A loud banging from the front door made her head snap around. Who the hell had the nerve to show up on her doorstep? Hadn't she made it clear that she wanted people to stay away? Hadn't “get the fuck out of my house” been enough? She looked at the clock. 11:30 PM. Nobody she knew would come for a visit at this hour. So whoever this was sure didn't want to give her their condolences.

Liz took the gun she had on the table, cocking it as she went to get the door. She didn't bother to turn the volume of her stereo down. The more noise, the better, if she had to shoot someone. For a moment, a smile crossed her face. What would her friends say if they saw that little Liz Parker didn't only own a gun but also knew pretty damn well how to handle it?

Another banging on her door. Liz took a deep breath before turning the doorknob, pointing her gun at the person in front of it. Her eyes narrowed and the urge to shoot the person in front of her grew with every passing second.

“What the hell are you doing here?” It wasn't a nice greeting, but he sure didn't deserve better.

“Liz, put the gun down.” Another deep breath.

Don't shoot, Liz, a voice inside her head said. Probably the voice of reason. Liz didn't really care.

“I don't like repeating myself. What the hell are you doing here, Bobby?” She kept the gun right where it was, aiming at his head.

“I wanted to check on you. I got word that Jeff and Nancy died and ...” The older man didn't get to finish his sentence.

“Shut up! Just shut the fuck up!” Liz didn't know how much more of it she could take.

“Where did you pick up this kind of language? I didn't send you here so you could talk to me like that, young lady!” Bobby thundered.

In any other situation, Liz would've flinched. Now she didn't. Her anger fueled her ability to stand her ground.

“Yeah, that's right. You sent me here so I was out of the way while you were on your crusade against everything that goes bump in the night.” She didn't care that she might hurt his feelings. She was just telling him the truth. Liz also didn't care that the thing turned into an accusation was basically the same thing she was about to do.

Bobby flinched at her words. She had hit a sore spot and the hunter was sure that the young girl was very aware of it, too. He couldn't blame her. She was right. He had sent her away to keep her out of harm's way. Was that a crime? Wanting to keep her safe? He had lost his wife, that was already more than he could take.

“I didn't want you to get hurt, Liz! Dammit, I know that I made mistakes. But is really too much to ask to just let me in so we can talk about it?”

Liz stared into Bobby's eyes for a moment before slowly lowering her gun, securing it while she did. “Cristo”, she said, still looking him straight in the eyes.

Bobby raised an eyebrow while Liz just shrugged her shoulders.

“Just wanted to make sure.”

For the first time, Bobby let a small smile appear on his face. “Didn't expect anything different. Guess I would've been disappointed if you hadn't tried.”

“Cut the crap. The sooner we get this over with, the sooner you're gone again.” Liz didn't wait for him and went back into the living room.

Bobby followed close behind after closing the door, but stopped in his tracks as he saw the coffee table. Or rather what it was covered in. Not one, but two machetes, bottles with what he guessed was holy water, a rosary, and a stack of papers.

“What the hell is all that, Liz?” He wanted to know what she was up to. Or rather what she was after so he could stop her.

“What does it look like? I'm gonna kill some bloodsuckers, got a problem with that?” Liz replied nonchalantly and lifted several books off the armchair nearest to Bobby so he could sit down.

He took her up on the silent invitation and sank down into the soft cushions while watching as she settled on the couch. The hunter could tell how the dark haired girl – no, woman, he corrected himself – was fighting an inner battle to be civil. Once again he couldn't blame her.

“Why would you go out to kill some vampires? Nobody taught you to be a hunter, Liz. I'm not gonna let you go and get yourself killed, kid.” He saw the fire in her eyes light up again and knew that he had said the wrong thing.

“Why? Why?! I thought you heard about Jeff and Nancy. They were killed by those fang-bearing bastards and I sure as hell am not going to let them walk away from this and onto their next victims. Over my dead body. You, however, have no right whatsoever to judge me. You lost that right when you put me into your sister's care, dad.” She was once again looking him straight in the eyes, taunting him.

“I am still your father, Elizabeth Grace Singer!” Bobby jumped out of the armchair and walked over to where his daughter was sitting. “I did what I thought was best for you and you know it! I didn't want you around the house in case some demon or ghost followed me there, dammit! I couldn't risk losing you as well. You have to understand that.” He put his hands on the back of the couch, hovering over Liz. “And I'm not going to lose you now, either.”

Liz shrank back in her seat, taken aback by this sudden outburst. She hadn't known that Bobby had it in him. But how would she have known, anyway? She hadn't seen the guy in years because he had been too busy hunting. Visiting his daughter had not been on his list of priorities. And now he showed up on her doorstep and wanted to tell her what to do? Yeah, right.

“You have no say in what I do whatsoever. If I want to go out and kill vampires, I'm gonna do it, whether you like it or not. You were never here when I needed you. When you should have been here. Where were you when I was shot? When I was in the hospital? Where were you when Claudia died? Where were you when Alex was comatose and everyone thought he was going to die? Anywhere but here. So you know what? I really don't care what you have to say. I lost the closest thing I had to a father in a vampire attack and I'm gonna get my revenge.”

“You're not going alone into a nest full of vampires! Do you even know how many of 'em there are?” Bobby tried reasoning once again, but by the look on her face, he could tell that it was to no avail.

“Go ahead, try to keep me from going. If it makes you feel better for all the times you let me down. And there are seven. I did my homework, thanks for trusting me on that one, Bobby.”

At this, Bobby exploded. “You wanna go against seven vampires on your own? Are you insane?!”

Liz shrugged, a taunting smile on her face. “Maybe. Seems to run in the family, though.”

Bobby took a deep breath, trying to calm himself down. He sat back down in the armchair, closing his eyes for a second. When he opened them again, he took Liz' appearance in. Black tank top, black leather pants and boots. Next to her on the couch a leather jacket – also black. She looked like she was about to head out when he had arrived. Just in time, as it seemed.

“If you are this dead set on going, I'm going with you. You can't go in there without back-up.”

“I'm armed with machetes and holy water. Don't worry about me, Bobby. You didn't for the last 21 years, so don't start now.” Liz wanted to hurt him. Wanted to make him feel the same pain she had felt while growing up when she didn't understand why she had to stay with her aunt and uncle instead of living with her dad. She had lost her mother, too. But Liz also felt like she had lost her father. The pain had turned into anger over the years and right now, Bobby did a bang up job at fueling that anger even more.

“That's not fair, Liz.” Bobby looked at her, pleading that she'd someday understand why he did what he did.

Liz sighed, closing her eyes for am moment while pinching the bridge of her nose. This was giving her a headache. “You know what? Fine. I'm gonna go, so if you wanna play the caring daddy, go ahead. You're an experienced hunter, I give you that. Can't hurt to have one of those with me. But as soon as those vamps bit the dust, I want you out of Roswell.”

Bobby slowly nodded. He could do nothing to change her mind anyway, not at the moment at least. She was too hurt and too angry to care about anything he said. But he swore to himself that he somehow would get his daughter back. No matter how long it took him.
Last edited by MsPati on Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:48 pm, edited 15 times in total.
MsPati
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: Under Pressure [SPN XO, UC, AU, Mature] Part 1, 04/04/10

Post by MsPati »

Hey everyone,

thank you for the great feedback! To be honest, I wasn't expecting this (insert blushing icon here because I didn't want to use the embarrassed one *lol*)

Anyway, I'm glad that you all like that Liz is Bobby's daughter ... because I totally agree with Queen Fee, Bobby's awesome *lol* and not just because he has a ghost-proof panic room, I might add :lol:

Last but not least, I want to thank my amazing beta ZansLove :D

Now, on with the story :) The lyrics used are from Motörhead - Assassin

Part 2: Assassin

Bobby shifted uneasily as he rode shotgun in Liz's black 1965 Corvette Stingray 327 Convertible. It wasn‘t the fact that his daughter was driving that made him nervous, it was the fact that anyone other than himself was driving, while he was in the car, period. He didn't do shotgun. Not usually, at least. He had suggested riding with her so they wouldn't cause any more noise than necessary.
Now, he not only had to sit tight until they reached their destination – wherever it was that Liz had located the vampires' nest – but he also had to listen to Motörhead. And here Bobby thought that he only had to put up with Dean's love for "mullet rock“, as Sam called it. But nope, it was his own daughter who seemed to be just as bad as the older Winchester boy. He cast a sideways glance at her, only to see her mouthing the words of the song.

Look well, see my face, I am death, I will not wait.
Great armies shall bow to me. I come tonight, the hand is mine

Liz felt Bobby's eyes on her and looked at him for a moment with raised eyebrows. “What?”

Bobby shook his head and turned his eyes back to the road. “Nothin‘. Just thinkin‘ about a hunter I know who’s about your age. He'd love your car ... and your taste in music, I guess.”

Liz rolled her eyes before turning them back on the road. She didn't need to get into an accident just because Bobby felt sentimental. “And why are you telling me this?”

Bobby sighed. He had realized early on that it would be a tough job trying to get through to Liz, but stuff like this? It just showed him how hard it would really be. “Why do you hate me so much?”

“This is not the right time to talk about this. And I really think you already know the answer to that question, anyway.”, the dark haired girl answered.

“No I don't know the answer. And this time is as good as any other.” He wouldn't back down. Not again.

“Fine. You wanna know why I hate you? Because I lost both of my parents. Not only did my mother die, but my father -the only person I had left- didn't want me anymore and sent me away. Maybe I'm overreacting, but for me, that's a pretty damn good reason to hate you. I was fucked up enough as it was, but you? You took away the last bit of my life.” Liz took a deep breath, trying to calm herself down after snapping at Bobby like that. Singing along to the song in the car seemed like a good alternative to her.

Desert be thy grave
Thy life be mine to take or save
Mine eye upon thee
I taste thy death
I am assassin

She didn't want things to be like that between she and her father. If she could make a wish, she'd do it in a heartbeat. But after everything that had happened, after all the decisions he made for both of them, she just couldn't treat him differently. He had taken away everything. Liz didn't blame him for her mother's death. She had been possessed. If her father hadn't killed her, things could have turned even uglier.

However, she did blame him for taking away her life. For taking her away from everything she knew. For stepping out of her life, leaving her with her aunt and uncle. For not calling, not keeping in contact. He didn't even try to see her at her birthday, claiming that the evil things out there didn't rest and how he had to keep going. Liz shook her head as she felt the familiar burning of tears in her eyes. She wouldn't let him see them. See how weak she was.

Now blood, is satisfied
I ride by night, to make thee die
My hand upon thee, my heart is pure
I am assassin

A wicked smile appeared on her face. The song was oddly fitting. She took off at night to kill the vamps because she wanted to have the element of surprise on her side. They sure wouldn't expect her to attack at night. What sane person walked into a nest full of vampires at night, anyway?

Liz stopped the car in front of an old warehouse at the town boundary. From the looks of it, the place hadn't been used in years. At least until the vamps took it up as their lair. Tonight, it would turn into a grave. She turned her head to look at Bobby. “You ready?” However, she didn't wait for an answer before she got out of the car.

Bobby followed and went straight to the trunk, taking out the weapons he had put in there before they took off. When he turned his head to look at Liz, she was already gone, strolling down the street, acting completely unaware of the danger she was putting herself in. Bobby closed the trunk and hid in the shadows, watching his daughter attract the attention of the vampires. He had to restrain himself from jumping to her side as he saw a guy approaching her.

“Hello sweetie”, Liz heard a voice behind her. She slowly turned around and put on the innocent smile she gave everybody who didn't know her. She was now facing a guy who had some Hispanic ancestors, at least from the way he looked. He was tall, towering over her. Not that it scared her, though.

“Hello to you, too”, she said, still smiling. The man took a few more steps towards her. Liz let him come closer, although the proximity made her heart beat a little bit faster. She practically felt the adrenalin pumping through her veins.

“Now what's a pretty little girl like you doing out here this late? Didn't your parents teach you that it's dangerous to be out alone at night?”

Liz had to fight the urge to kill the vampire for mentioning her parents. “They did. But, you know, I like to take chances. And I can take care of myself pretty well.”
Still hiding in the shadows, Bobby mentally screamed at Liz to get it over with. With every moment that passed, it was more likely that she had to deal with several vampires at once.

“Taking chances, you say? You should really watch out when playing with fire ... you might get burned”, the vampire said, flashing Liz a smile that made her want to puke.

“I'm not the one who should be worried about getting burned, Nosferatu”, Liz answered before taking out a small vial of holy water, taking off the cap, and flinging it in the vampire‘s face. He hissed as he came into contact with the liquid. She didn't waste time and drew out the machete she had hidden under her leather jacket and cut off the still blinded vampire‘s head in one swift motion.

She heard a snarl behind her, but before Liz could locate the source of the noise, she was pushed to the ground, an angry blond girl looming over her, bearing her fangs. The vampire went in for the bite, but Liz brought her knees up and pushed the girl off her. The next thing she saw was the girl's head dropping to the ground next to her. Liz took the hand Bobby offered her and got off the ground.

“Next time, pay more attention, kid. They never work alone.” He wasn't scolding her, he was just giving her advice. Or at least Liz took it that way. She simply nodded, but was on full alert when she heard another growl. It was just a matter of time before the other vampires came out to play. What they didn't know yet was that it'd be their last game.

1 hour later

“Ow! Damn it Bobby, you could've given me a heads up!” Liz screamed as her father poured some alcohol on a cut on her shoulder blade.

“It wouldn't have hurt less if I did, kid”, he answered, wiping of the alcohol and the blood.

The dark haired girl rolled her eyes at the hunter, which he could see in the reflection in the window. “I know that. But at least I would've been prepared.”

“Doesn't do you any good, believe me. Just makes you even more aware that there's pain to come.” Liz realized that it was the experience of many years that made Bobby say that. “Listen, you should grab a shower. You still have dirt in your hair and on your clothes. You don't want this to get infected.”

“Cut the bull. I told you before, don't pretend to worry about me.” Liz stared at him through the reflection, but was the first to look away as Bobby met her gaze.

She got up from the chair he had made her sit on so he could look after the cut one of the vampires had given her with her own machete. It was the last thing the vampire did. Bobby had made sure of that by cutting off her head. After that, Liz had walked up to the bloody corpse and bent down, picking something he couldn't see up and putting it in the pocket of her pants.

Liz walked into the kitchen and Bobby heard water running, so he followed her and watched her as she cleaned something. What did she bring with her? The hunter got closer, looking over Liz's shoulder. It was a golden necklace with a small locket.

“It belonged to aunt Nancy”, Liz explained. “That vampire bitch stole it from her. God, how sick is that? Stealing something from the person you just killed?” She punched the wall in front of her, not flinching as the pain shot through her. She had hoped that killing the vampires would make her feel better, but it didn't. As soon as the adrenalin wore off, she fell into the same pit that she had been in for the last couple of days.

Bobby put his hand on her shoulder, an attempt to soothe her. “You got it back. Nancy would've been proud of you, you know? You did good out there. She would've been really proud. After screaming at you for how reckless you acted.”

Liz looked at him as he spoke, a sad smile on her face. She knew perfectly well what he was talking about. Liz again felt a familiar burning in her eyes, but she was too tired to fight off the tears. They slowly slid down her cheeks and dropped onto her tank top.
“Why them? They never did anything wrong. They didn't deserve to die like this.” Liz was mumbling to herself, not directing her questions at Bobby.

It broke his heart to see her like this. She didn't deserve this, either. She had already lost her mother. This was supposed to be a second chance at a normal life for her. But she had that taken away from her, too. It wasn't fair. At moments like this, Bobby really doubted if there was a god. He put his arms around her, trying to comfort her. The hunter had expected her to push him away and snap at him again, but she didn't. Liz put her head on his chest and started sobbing. She had bottled it up, it was only a matter of time until she broke. And Bobby was glad to be there for her when she did.
MsPati
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: Under Pressure [SPN XO, UC, AU, Mature] Part 2, 11/04/10

Post by MsPati »

Hey everyone, I'm really glad you enjoyed the last part!
You won't have to wait for Sam and Dean any longer, here they come :D

garcia88 - Your wish is my command *lol* Liz is gonna meet the Winchester brothers in this part ... (insert smirk here)
barbara87413 - Glad you enjoy this, thanks for the feedback!
behrstars - Let's just say that it's gonna be an ... interesting meeting ;)
Queen Fee - You really think Bobby would introduce his daughter to Dean, womanizer extraordinaire? :D
booktv-girl2310 - No, Liz won't be like Sam. She's just a normal girl with a pretty messed up family history.
pandas2001 - I'm glad you like it so far :D
orphyfets - Hope you like the next part!
alisakuya - Thank you! I hope I'm not letting you down with the new part.

Anyway, enough with the rambling and on with the story! The lyrics used in this part are from AC/DC - Girls Got Rhythm

Part 3: Girls Got Rhythm

6 months later

“Dammit, Sammy, I know what I'm gonna do tonight!”, Dean Winchester said as he watched a short brunette walk up to the bar, clad in a dark red tube top and a black skirt that barely reached mid-thigh. The leather boots she was wearing did the rest.
Sam just shook his head, smiling at his older brother. Dean would never change. No matter what happened, he would always chase after girls. It was a comforting thought that some things would always stay the same, no matter which kind of crazy their lives were.

“It's gonna take two, you know? Who says that she's gonna go for you, anyway? Maybe she has a boyfriend.” The younger Winchester knew that a boyfriend wouldn't stop Dean, but it was worth a shot.

“Bet you twenty that she's gonna leave tomorrow morning with a satisfied smile on her face.” Dean said, challenging his brother.

Sam just rolled his eyes. But then, he quickly agreed. “Okay, deal.”

“You can pay right up, cowboy. Because as far as I'm concerned, you're going home alone tonight”, a female voice said. Dean's head flew around and he saw the brunette standing right beside him.

“Damn”, he swore, narrowing his eyes at his brother. “You saw her standing there when you agreed, didn't you?”

Sam, along with the girl, laughed. “Of course I did.”

The girl put her hand on Dean's shoulder. “You know, you still owe your buddy here 20 bucks”, she reminded him, smiling innocently at him.

“Sometimes I really wish that I was an only child”, Dean grumbled before handing over the money.

Sam took the money, still laughing. “Thanks, Dean. Oh, and thank you, of course ...?” he looked at the girl questioningly.

“Beth”, she answered before just walking away, putting an extra swing in her hips and humming to the music that filled the bar.

She's stealin' the spotlight
Knocks me off my feet
She's enough to start a landslide
Just-a walkin' down the street

2 hours later

“She's taunting me.”

“What?” Sam asked, looking at Dean with a confusion written all over his face.

“Beth. She's totally messing with my head!”

Sam sighed. Dean had been going on about the dark haired girl the whole evening. Of course it was because she had turned him down. No girl turned Dean Winchester down. At least according to Dean Winchester.

“She doesn't even look at you, Dean. She's on the other side of the room, playing pool.”, he tried to get through to his brother, to no avail.

“Exactly!”

“What?” Sam asked again. Sometimes the way his brother's mind worked was beyond him.

“She's showing me what I'm missing. Dammit! I'm going over there!” With that, Dean stalked off to the pool tables, determined to win the girl over. He couldn't let her get away.

Sam didn't even bother to stop him. Instead, he watched his brother possibly getting turned down for the second time tonight.

“Hey.”

Liz turned around as she heard a vaguely familiar voice. The guy who was so sure of picking her up. She tapped her chin, pretending that she was having a hard time remembering his name. “Hey ... Ben, right?”

Dean flinched inwardly. She couldn't even remember his name? Damn. “It's Dean.”

“Sorry, Dean. What can I do for you?”

“Well, I wanted to apologize. We had a bit of a ... you know, rocky start. I wanted to ask you if I could buy you a drink to make it up to you?” He tried to put on the puppy dog look his brother seemed to have mastered. Dean wasn't sure if it was the look on his face, but he thought he had a little hope as he saw the girl in front of him smile while leaning on the cue.

“Sure. I mean, your first impression sucked big time, but I'm normally not a girl who judges a book by it's cover.” Liz put the cue on the table. “Lead the way.”

Dean smiled at her before leading her to the bar, giving Sam a thumps-up when they passed him. Sam shook his head, smiling. Another night in the car for him.

3 hours later

“You know, Dean, I don't think that I've ever had my clothes taken off that fast”, Liz said as she stared at the ceiling. At least he had been right about the satisfied smile on her face.

Dean lay on his side, watching her. Her hair was a mess, but she still looked beautiful. Hell, she looked even more beautiful with the sex hair. “What can I say? I'm a guy with many talents”, he answered, causing her smirk.

“Or you were just desperate. You practically jumped me as soon as we got here.”

Dean raised his eyebrows. He wasn't the only one with a big ego in here. He wouldn't admit that she was at least partly right. Not about the desperate part but about the part where he had her up against the door of the motel room as soon as the door was closed. “I didn't hear you complaining”, he said, waiting for an answer.

“I never said that that was a bad thing”, Liz tried smiling at him innocently, but failed. She couldn't muster up an innocent smile after what had just happened between them.

“What were you doing in that bar anyway? You fit in there like a bird in a cage full of starving cats, you know.” Dean didn't know why he was trying to talk to her. He didn't do talking after sex, but something about this chick was different.

“I was trying to get some information. Maybe a new case. I'd really like an easy salt-and-burn one for a change.” Liz knew who she was talking to, so she at least decided to come clean about one thing. Her real name would stay a secret, though.

“Wait a minute. A new case? You knew that you were in a bar full of hunters?” She caught him by surprise. This girl was too ... short and fragile looking to be a hunter herself. She couldn't be. Right?

“Of course I knew. That's why I went in there in the first place, Winchester.” She couldn't help but laugh at the look of utter surprise on his face. “I know who you and Sam are. Everybody knows. And would you please calm down? You're messin' up my hair even more than you already did.”

“Sorry”, Dean said and let go of the strand of dark brown hair he hadn't realized he'd been playing with. “So ... you're a hunter, huh? Wow. You don't look like a hunter, that's for sure.”

“And what does a hunter look like, according to you?” She arched an eyebrow and looked at him expectantly.

“Well, normally hunters are grumpy older guys ...”

“... or horny younger guys?” Liz interrupted him, smirking.

Dean couldn't help but laugh. She had spunk. He liked that. “No, that's just me.”

Liz slowly slid her hand down his body, making his breathing go a little bit faster, at which she smiled. “If that's just you ... how about you show me again why I came here with you tonight?”

Dean looked her in the eyes as he moved, now hovering over her. “Got no problem with that”, he said, before closing the distance and kissing her hungrily.

The next morning

“The girl's got rhythm, the girl's got rhythm, she got the backseat rhythm, the girl's got rhythm. You know she really got the rhythm, she's got the backseat rhythm, Rock 'n' roll rhythm, the girl's got rhythm”, Liz sang as she drove down the highway, the top of her car down and the wind playing with her hair while she kept the sun's warm rays from hurting her eyes with sunglasses. Damn, she loved AC/DC. And she didn't care that half of their songs were released before she was born or when she was still in diapers, either.

She hadn't been in a mood this good in a long time. Well, what was not to like about today? She had plenty of fun last night and woke up with sore muscles, but it was the good kind of pain. Dean had been fast asleep. He had stirred when she got out of bed, but a soothing “get back to sleep” had done the trick and a few moments later, he'd been back to dream land. He didn't wake again while she got dressed.

She left him a note on his bedside cabinet, saying I had fun last night, we should repeat that if we cross paths again. Beth Thinking about Dean‘s reaction to that note made her smile. She was sure that at first, he'd been confused when she wasn't around. Then, when he found the piece of paper, she imagined that he'd cursed up a storm. Because from her impression, he wasn't the kind of guy that woke up alone. No, he was the kind of guy that left early in the morning. And to have the tables turned on him like that was something that didn't sit well with him. Or his type of guy in general.

However, she had to remember that she had told him her name was Beth if they ever met again. It wasn't too much of a stretch, really. Not a big lie if you took Beth as a nickname for Elizabeth instead of Liz, right? She slightly shook her head. It didn't really matter. Liz doubted that they'd meet again anytime soon. Or at least soon enough for him to still remember her name, anyway.

A look of surprise crossed her face as she realized that she had reached her destination. She had really gone into autopilot there for a bit. Again she shook her head, trying to focus. She stopped the car and pulled the key from the ignition, leaving the top down and just taking her bag of clothes from the backseat.

Liz walked up the few steps to the front door, knocking on it. She heard a male voice cursing inside and smiled. Always the friendly one. She heard footsteps coming closer and finally, the door opened, revealing a guy in his 50s that looked like he didn't have a decent amount of sleep in a few days. He worried too much.

“Hello, daddy, I'm home”, she said, still smiling as she walked past Bobby and entered the house.

“You could've called, you know”, the hunter grumbled as he closed the door and walked into the kitchen. Liz dropped her bag and followed close behind. She smelled coffee.

“I didn't think you'd worry that much. It was just some nut job who believed he had ghosts in his house”, she answered while filling some of the hot liquid into a cup. She took a huge gulp, but grimaced as she tasted the coffee. “Damn, dad, this tastes like crap. I don't even want to imagine how you survived in the food department without me, because this? It sucks ass and it's still better than the stuff you made when I first got here.”

Bobby just shrugged. “Keeps me awake. Everything else isn't that important, you know. Hey!” he exclaimed as he watched Liz pour the coffee into the sink.

“This keeps you awake? You could wake up zombies with this stuff. I think we need one of those containers with a biohazard tag, just in case you try to make coffee again. Or ... wait. I think a container for nuclear waste would be even more fitting.” Liz answered while she started making new coffee that she could actually drink without her stomach screaming obscenities at her.

Bobby just looked at her, eyebrows raised. “Are you finished?”

Liz shook her head. “Not even close. However, I need coffee first. Drinkable coffee, that is.”
She sat down on one of the chairs, facing her father.

“So? Were there any ghosts in this guy's house?” He asked. From the way Liz had sounded earlier, he could tell that there weren't. He just wanted to make sure.

“Nope. No ghosts, poltergeists or anything close. Not even some residual haunting. Just loads of cobwebs and I think he had mice in his house. But nothing paranormal.” She answered, leaning back. All in all, it had been a huge waste of time.

“Cobwebs? And you didn't run screaming?” Bobby asked, clearly trying to pull her leg.

“Oh shut up, dad. That's not funny.” Liz mumbled, her arms crossed in front of her chest, making her father laugh. She looked like a little kid that didn't get candy. It really wasn't funny that she was afraid of spiders.

The conversation was interrupted by another knock on the front door, followed by a “Honey, we're home! And that convertible out there is way too girly for you, Bobby!” from a voice Liz thought she wouldn't hear again anytime soon.
MsPati
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: Under Pressure [SPN XO, UC, AU, Mature] Part 3, 04/19/10

Post by MsPati »

Hey everyone,
thank you all for the amazing feedback! I really appreciate it!

booktv-girl2310 - And what a meeting it's gonna be *lol*

garcia88 - Well, Bobby's not gonna be a happy camper once he finds out, but you'll just have to wait and see ^^

barbara87413 - Thanks for the feedback!

alisakuya - I've been called mean before, but in this case ... I actually like it *lol* I had to do something so people would come back to read the new part, didn't I? ^^

Mel1307 - I hope it's fun, though I think you have to wait for part 5 for that .. or at least a bit more of the fun-stuff :D

pandas2001 - Hope I can meet you expectations of the new part :)

Roswellgurlygirl16 - I'm glad you liked it so far :D

VanilCoke - Your wish is my command, here it is :D

Queen Fee - Well, I was trying to find the best way of getting those two aquainted. And since we're talking about Dean here ... the answer was kinda obvious, right? *lol* I hope you like how I worked out the whole scene ... let's just say that it has a little twist to it that I think spices things up a little :twisted:

KiaraAlexisKlay - Wow, thank you so much for your feedback! That really blew me away, that's for sure :D I agree with you on the darker, less angsty Liz. Brooding ... well, it's still there, but in a different way (if that makes any sense at all, which I'm not really sure at the moment :S ) And I'm glad that you think so about Bobby ^^ I wasn't sure about that at all because ... well, he's Bobby. He doesn't talk about his feelings without the fear of growing lady parts ... so he is kinda hard to read ^^ I'm glad you liked Liz showing this vulnerable side. I don't want her to come across like an ice queen. She just has a hard time trusting Bobby, which will also show in the new part. And Dean ... well, it wouldn't have been fun if she didn't play a little with him at first, would it? *lol* Glad you liked this new kind of father-daughter interaction. And I don't think that it'll hurt anyone when I say that there will be a little bit of a situation with angry Bobby and Dean later on in the story ^^ Papa Winchester would be kinda hard to bring in, though, sorry :/

So, on a final note, I want to thank my amazing beta ZansLove :D

And now, on with the story! The lyrics in this part are Motörhead - Life's a Bitch

Part 4: Life's a Bitch

Liz sat frozen in her place, unable to move a single muscle although a voice inside her head screamed at her to get the hell out. She couldn't. Why hadn't she thought about this? If the Winchesters were in the area, of course they would stop by Bobby's. How could she have been so stupid? Now it came back to bite her in the ass.

“We're in the kitchen, boys!” Bobby answered, not bothering to meet them at the door. They'd find their way into the kitchen on their own.

Liz heard Dean ask “We?” and was pretty sure that the question was directed at Sam because it wasn't loud enough for him to ask Bobby. She heard footsteps coming closer and felt the color draining from her face. This would get ugly, she was sure of that.

Bobby looked at Liz and raised his eyebrows. She looked like a deer caught in the headlights. “What's with you?”

She didn't get a chance to answer him. Sam and Dean had entered the kitchen, both of them staring at her with equally surprised looks on their faces.

Then, Dean's eyes started to narrow and Liz's urge to bail grew bigger with each passing moment.

“Well, look at that. Hello, Beth. Long time no see”, he said, his voice laced with sarcasm.

Bobby looked at Dean, then Liz, the confusion written all over his face. “You know each other? And her name's Liz, Dean.”

“You could say that we know each other ... pretty well, actually. But ... don't get me wrong, I think it's great that you've got yourself a girlfriend and all, but don't you think that's she's a little too young for you?” Dean answered, looking from Liz to Bobby until settling his gaze on her again.

Liz finally regained the ability to speak, only to make a sound of utter disgust. “That's just gross.”

Bobby needed a moment, but then Dean's words sank in and he started to laugh. It was a barking sound that had Sam and Dean looking at each other confused. Had they ever heard Bobby laugh before? “She's not my girlfriend, you idjit, she's my daughter!”

Sam and Dean both looked at each other, silently asking the other one if he had known about this. They simultaneously shrugged slightly, which would've been a comical sight at any other moment in Liz's opinion. Right now, she just couldn't laugh.

“You have a daughter?” Dean asked after a few moments of silence which was only broken by the sounds of the coffee machine.

Now it was Liz's turn to look at Bobby. However, her gaze was a mixture of disbelief, disappointment and anger instead of surprise.

“Wait a minute. Just to get this straight ... you didn't even mention that you have a daughter? Not even to fellow hunters, people that you obviously can trust? Thanks a lot, dad.” She just shook her head at him before getting up and leaving the room, trying her best not to run.

A moment later, the three guys left behind in the kitchen heard the front door slam shut.

Several seconds passed without another word said, until Dean again asked: “You have a daughter?”

As soon as Liz was out of the house, she let the tears fall that she had willed herself to keep in before. When she heard the older Winchester's surprised question, she felt like she couldn't breathe. It was one thing to send her away, but not telling people that she even existed? Liz didn't know what hurt worse. The thought that she might be jumping to conclusions didn't occur to her. It fit the picture she had of Bobby too well. The secret keeping. She had been naïve to believe that he'd talk about her when he couldn't even stand to look at her anymore after what happened.

She took the keys to her car out of her jeans pocket. Thank god that she hadn't put them away as soon as she entered the house like she usually did. She didn't want to go back in there anytime soon. Liz jumped into her car and slammed the key into the ignition, taking off with Motörhead once again blasting from the speakers. The soundtrack of her life.

Time you hit the road,
Better be on your way,
Don't scream, don't shout,
Three strikes and you be out,
It's a shame I know,
No chance to see the show,
Fear the man, kill the snitch,
Just remember life's a bitch

Bobby's head turned around as he heard music blast outside his house and the motor of Liz's car roaring. She had a habit of running when she didn't want to deal with something. He had figured that out in the last few months. They had gotten closer after he had helped her kill the vampires. She even agreed to live here with him ... when she wasn't on the road.
Bobby tried to keep her from going after demons and ghosts on her own, but she was stubborn. After several pretty nasty fights, he had finally stopped arguing and instead taught her everything she needed to know. If he couldn't keep her from hunting, he at least wanted her to be as safe as possible.

“Bobby?” Sam asked, bringing him out of his thoughts.

“Sorry boys. Well, yeah, I have a daughter. Elizabeth. Normally, Liz for short. I don't know why she told you her name was Beth. Maybe she figured you knew about her as my daughter and she didn't want you to know who she was ... I don't know.” He slightly shook his head and got up, pouring himself a cup of the coffee Liz made. After taking a sip, he had to agree with her. The stuff he had made really tasted like crap compared to this.

Sam looked at Dean, a worried expression on his face. He had never seen Bobby like this. Confused, worried, without the slightest idea how to deal with things. “Why haven't we met her before?” He asked, almost timidly. He wasn't sure how to handle the older hunter in this state.

“After my wife ... after Karen died, I sent Liz to live with my sister and her husband. She was a little girl, only five years old. I wanted her out of harm's way. I just ... I guess I just missed the right time to get her back. And then I wanted her to have a better life than what I could've given her. I guess I wanted her to forget where she came from. She never did. That's why she treated me like the plague when I showed up on her doorstep half a year ago.”

Bobby looked out the window while talking about the past. He couldn't bear to look anyone in the eye while admitting his mistakes.

“Why did you? Show up on her doorstep, I mean”, Dean asked. He was curious about this girl. She somehow seemed familiar beyond their encounter last night, but he couldn't put his finger on what it was exactly.

“My sister and her husband were killed by vampires. I just wanted to check on Liz, make sure she was ... well, okay, I guess. When I got there, she was about to go out to kill the vamps. I couldn't stop her from going, so I went with her. Helped her in the best way I could. She let me. She knew that I was hunting, I guess my sister told her. We killed the vamps, all seven of 'em. After we got back to her place, Liz ... she just broke down. She thought that killing those bastards would somehow lessen the pain, but it didn't. I stayed a couple of days, made sure that she was okay. We ... we bonded a little. As much as you can when seeing each other for the first time in 21 years, I guess. Liz decided that she wanted to go on the road, become a hunter. My sister and brother-in-law left Liz the Café they owned, and she rented it to the cook and her best friend, who was a waitress like Liz when they were still in school. I convinced her to come here, so I could teach her. She's stubborn. I knew that I couldn't stop her, so at least ...”

“... you wanted her to go out there prepared”, Dean finished for him. He knew what little release killing out of revenge could give you.

“Yeah. So she moved in here with me. When I dig up some simple cases like a salt and burn, I send her. Get her started on small things. Get used to all this. It's still new to her, no matter how hard she tries to convince you that it's not.”

Dean sat down on one of the chairs, watching Bobby. He seemed tired. Dean couldn't blame him. From all what the older hunter had told him and Sam, he'd fought several battles at the same time for the last few months. “This is a frickin' mess, Bobby.”

“Don't I know it, boy”, he simply replied before taking another big sip of his coffee. “But I'm glad that she's here. That she has at least forgiven me that much. Back there in my sister's old apartment when she told me she wanted me out of town as soon as the vamps were dead ... I thought I had lost her for good. For once, I'm glad that I was wrong. Because there's nothing worse than how it feels to have lost your kid.”

Sam looked down, suddenly interested in the way the floor looked. Was this how his dad felt? John told him to go and never come back if he went out the door, but he didn't mean it. Not really. He was angry. People often said things they didn't mean when the anger took over. Hell, he did it every so often when Dean pushed him too far. But hearing Bobby talk like this, it made him feel even worse for walking out on his father and his brother. He had been selfish. Or not? Was is really that selfish to want a normal life, away from all the things that went bump in the night? Apparently, it was. At least when you were born into this, and it always caught up to you, no matter how far away you went. How far you ran. Sam had to learn this lesson the hard way when the Yellow Eyed Demon killed Jessica.

Liz learned the same lesson, too. Even though it wasn't a part of her past that came back to bite her in the ass. The lesson stayed the same. You couldn't run from the supernatural. Once you came into contact with it, it would always find you. And you had to be prepared when it did, because otherwise you ended up six feet under. It wasn't fair, but on the other hand, life never was.

“Sammy, you with us?” Dean asked, bringing Sam back to the present.

“Yeah, sorry”, he said. Dean looked at him questioningly, but Sam just shook his head. He didn't need his brother to make fun of him and call him girly for thinking that way. It was bad enough as it was, no need to give Dean another opportunity to call him Samantha.

“Anyway. I never told anyone about her because ... hell, I don't know. Guess I figured I could keep all this away from her if nobody knew about her.

Worked out just great!”, Bobby said, the regret written all over his face. Maybe he could've saved his sister and his brother-in-law. Could've saved Liz from the pain of losing them like that. If only he had fixed things sooner.

“Bobby, don't. Don't think about the 'if's. It's not gonna change anything”, Sam said. It was the same way he survived every single day. Not thinking about what might have been.
MsPati
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: Under Pressure [SPN XO, UC, AU, Mature] Part 4, 04/25/10

Post by MsPati »

Hey everybody, thank you all for the feedback! I'm back with a new part :D

booktv-girl2310 - Thanks for the feedback!
garcia88 - Well, Bobby will find out about that eventually ;) So you'll get your pissed off daddy Bobby threatening Dean, don't worry about it ^^
ZansLove - Yeah, I know, but that doesn't mean that I get tired of reading it :D And you got it right when you said that no SPN story is complete without Bobby calling Dean an idjit at least once *lol* Anyway ... *puts up the sarcasm sign* sure you're wondering what's gonna happen next ... sure *coughs*
Queen Fee - I'm gonna explain why Liz reacted the way she did later on in detail, so I hope that's gonna clear things up a little. But from where she stands, getting the hell out of there seemed like the best idea at that moment ^^ I also hope that you won't be disappointed by Bobby's reaction when he finds out about Liz and Dean ... which won't happen for a few more parts, but it will happen *lol* As for Liz and Dean ... you'll just have to keep reading to find out :D
alisakuya - Glad you like it and that it wasn't totally unbelievable that she'd get this mad all of the sudden :D

So, after another thanks to my awesome beta ZansLove, I won't make you wait any longer and get on with the story :D

The lyrics used in this part are Motörhead - Living in the Past

Part 5: Living in the Past

Liz didn't know how long she'd been driving around. She didn't care, either. She just wanted to get away from everything. Bobby, the Winchesters, realizing that her own father didn't bother to tell people that she even existed. That's what hurt her the most. Was he ashamed of her? Ashamed of the fact that there was still a part of his past out there? That there was still something connecting him to his dead wife? That his slate wasn't as clean as he'd like it to be?

She should have known. Should have known that something like this would happen someday. There were no pictures around the house when she'd first arrived. No pictures of her mother, no pictures of her. No memories. Not worth remembering? Liz hadn't bothered to ask Bobby back then, but now she realized that she should have. Should have called him out on it. But she was stupid enough not to do it because she didn't want to risk the newly discovered relationship with her father.

Don't you speak to me no more,
After what you said before,
After all the things you swore,
Don't speak to me no more

She had been tired of fighting and screaming. Had been tired of pushing him away when he made it clear that he wouldn't go away. A sad smile appeared on her face. What a bunch of crap. All that “You're the only family I have left” talk had been nothing but bullshit. And she had been desperate enough to believe Bobby. Not anymore. Whatever sentimental side of her he had reached out the last time was gone for good. She was done, once and for all. She'd go back, grab her stuff and be out of there.
Liz turned the car around and drove back to Bobby's. Her clothes were waiting to be picked up.

She brought the car to a stop behind Dean's Impala, not bothering to move it out of the driveway. She'd be out of here before them, anyway. Liz got out of the car, putting the key back in the pocket of her jeans. This way, she wouldn't have to look for it later. She took a deep breath before she finally went inside the house.

As soon as she closed the door, whatever talking had been going on stopped. Great. Liz shook her head, not wanting to think about it. Without a word to the three men, she took the bag, that she had dropped on the floor earlier in the morning, upstairs to the room Bobby had cleared out for her. She didn't want to think of it as her room. She didn't want any ties to this place.
Liz opened her closet before she bent down and dragged a traveling bag out from under the bed. A knock from the doorway made her jump.

“Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you”, a male voice said. Liz turned around and saw Sam leaning against the doorframe.

“You didn't. What can I do for you? But, please, make it quick, I'm kinda busy here”, she said while moving towards the closet and taking out her jeans and putting them in the bag.

“You could stop packing and listen to me, for starters”, Sam answered. He entered the room and closed the door. What he wanted to say was not meant for Bobby or Dean to hear.

“Sorry, can't do that. I want to be out of here as soon as possible, and for that to happen, I have to keep packing.”

Sam walked over to her and took the shirts she wanted to put in her bag out of her hands. “Five minutes, okay? Just give me five minutes”, he said, trying to look her in the eyes, but Liz avoided his gaze successfully.

“Fine. Five minutes,” she agreed before taking her shirts back and stuffing them in the bag on the bed. After that, she just looked at Sam, her arms crossed in front of her.

“Thanks. Listen, I know that you're angry at Bobby ...” Sam started.

“Angry? Angry doesn't even begin to cover it”, Liz interrupted him, the anger clearly visible in the way her eyes darkened.

“Well, okay. You're not angry. You're furious”, Sam rephrased. He took the bag and put it on the floor before sitting down on the bed. “I can understand that. I've been there, too. I've done this all my life. The hunting. Traveling all over the country, living in cheap motels. Moving from job to job. I hated it. And I wanted out. I wanted to be normal, live a normal live. I wanted to go to college like everybody else. When I told dad that I wanted to go, he was ... he was beyond angry. He told me that if I walked out the door, I should never come back. And I left. I left him and Dean and went to college.” Sam stopped and took a deep breath. This was where it got hard for him to go on.

“I had a normal life for once and you know what? I loved it. I had a girlfriend named Jessica, my grades were good, I had friends ... it was perfect. But something was always missing. Something always felt wrong. I didn't want to admit it then, but now ... I missed my family, Liz. Dad and Dean were the only people I had left and walking out on them ... I regretted it. I never told anybody, but I really did. And after Dad died ... I still regret walking out that door, Liz. If I could, I would change things. That way, Jess ... she'd still be alive. And Dad ... I don't know about him, but at least I would‘ve spent more time with him. Don't make the same mistake, Liz.” When he was finished, Sam looked at Liz who had sat down beside him. After a few moments, she slowly shook her head, crushing his hopes that he'd gotten through to her.

“I can't, Sam. I just can't. I'm sorry, but ... it's too late for me and Bobby to fix things. I get what you mean, I do, but ... things are different for me. Your dad dragged you across the country, but my dad? He dumped me at my aunt's 21 years ago and never came back. He left me there, Sam. Can you imagine how hard it is? How much it hurts? After losing your mom, your own father leaves you behind? He never called, never sent a letter. Hell I would've been happy about a birthday card from him, but guess what? They never came. And then he showed up after my substitute parents parents died and wanted to make things right. And I was so desperate that I let him try. It went well for a few months. Until I realized that he not only sent me out of sight, but he also never told anybody that I even existed. It's just too much. I wanted to give it a try, I really did, but ... it's too late.” Liz wiped at her eyes, trying to make the traitorous tears stop that made their way down her cheeks. It was easier to be angry than this.

“Liz ...” Sam tried, but Liz shook her head as she stood up and started packing again.

“No, Sam. No. Just ... let it be.” She didn't look at him as she said it, but he could hear that she tried to keep her voice steady. It hurt her, but she had made her decision and she wouldn't back down.

“Okay. If this is what you want”, Sam stood up and left Liz alone. She finished packing up her clothes and her few personal belongings in record time and zipped the bag shut. Liz grabbed her stuff and headed downstairs, again not looking at anyone as she went out the front door. She took a deep breath. The sooner she got out of here, the better. After Liz put the bags in the trunk of her car and she slammed the lid shut, she let out a short scream when she saw Dean leaning against the driver's door.

“Damn it, make a noise, would you?” She mumbled.

“You really wanna do this to Bobby?” Dean asked, looking at her expectantly while he stepped away from the car.

“As a matter of fact, yes. I really wanna go. Not that it's any of your business.”

“Like hell it's not. Bobby is the closest thing to a father that I have left. I'm not gonna sit around and watch you hurt him.”

“See? That's the difference between us. Because the closest thing I had to a father died six months ago”, Liz snapped at him, instantly regretting it. She remembered what Bobby had told him about the Winchesters, about what happened to John. She also remembered what Sam had told her a few minutes ago. Great. She started to turn into a heartless bitch. “I'm sorry. Just let me go, okay?”

“No way. Not until you talk to Bobby first.”

Liz sighed, putting her hands on her hips. “I can't, okay? I can't. And I'm sick of repeating myself. I don't wanna talk to the guy who kept my entire existence a secret. If you wanna hear the rest, talk to your brother. He already tried to talk me into giving Bobby another chance but guess what? I don't want to.” She turned around, but before she could step away, Dean grabbed her arm and pulled her back towards him, trapping her between himself and the car.

“You're pissed, I get it. I'd be pissed if I was you. But like it or not, he's the only family you've got left. He never told anyone about you because he wanted to keep you safe and keep all of the hunting as far away from you as possible. He paid the price. It didn't work out, but he tried to give you a better life. You owe him the chance to let him explain.” Dean stared her in the eyes, meeting her anger with his own.

“You don't get it. You don't know me. Last night you even thought my name was Beth. So don't you dare tell me what I should do because ...” Liz didn't get further because Dean bent down and kissed her. She wanted to push him away, but he still held her arm in an iron-like grip. After a few moments, she gave in and responded to the kiss, not admitting to herself how much she liked it and how the kiss ended too soon for her liking.

“You're hot when you're angry”, Dean said with a small smile on his lips. “But that's not the point. You have to talk to him.”

“I can't. Not right now, at least. Maybe in a few weeks. But not right now”, Liz answered, turning her head so she didn't have to look Dean in the eyes.

“Fine. Then you're traveling with us.”

“What?” Liz asked, now looking at him.

“You're traveling with me and Sam. Because I'm making sure that you talk to Bobby. You're riding with us. Even if I have to put you into my car kicking and screaming.” The image of Liz trying to fight him caused him to smirk.

“Who the hell do you think you are?! Don't I get a say in this?” Liz felt the anger coming back to her.

“I'm the guy who's going to drag your skinny ass back here from wherever you run to if you don't come with us. And as a matter of fact, no. You don't get a say.”

“I'm not leaving my car behind”, Liz tried again, trying to stare Dean down.

“Sam's gonna drive it. I'm not that stupid Liz. You're not gonna drive your car and taking a left turn when we take a right one the first chance you get.”

“Screw you.”

“You already did that, sweetie.” Dean said and reached into the pocket of Liz's jeans.

“Hey! What the hell are you doing?” She said, but before she hand a chance to fight him off, he held her keys in front of her eyes with a smile.

“Just getting these”, Dean answered. “Now we're good to go.”
MsPati
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: Under Pressure [SPN XO, UC, AU, Mature] Part 5, 05/03/10

Post by MsPati »

Hey everyone,
once again I'd like to thank all for taking the time and leave such great feedback! I really, really appreciate it!

Mel1307 - Glad you like it, thanks!
barbara87413 - Well I try to update once a week, so here you go :D
garcia88 - You'll get a glimpse of what Liz being on the road with the guys will be like in the next chapter, so I hope you'll enjoy it :D
roswellian love - Nice to know that my efforts at making the bickering sound natural and unforced seem to pay off ^^
elfangel01 - You have absolutely no idea how right you really are about Dean not knowing what hit him *rofl* And Bobby ... well, he's Bobby. Do the math XD On another note, I'm flattered that you like this so far because I really love all of your crossover stories! So your feedback means a lot to me. Thanks!

As always, I'd also like to thank my wonderful beta ZansLove. You rock, girl!

And though I'm pretty sure that I don't have to point it out, the lyrics used in this chapter are from AC/DC - TNT. And now on with the story!

Part 6: TNT

“I still can't believe you dragged me out of there. Or that I agreed to ride with you”, Liz mumbled from the passenger seat. “And for the record? I hate riding shotgun.”

Dean just laughed. “Complain all you want, I'm not gonna let you go ... or drive.”

“This is called kidnapping, you know.” Liz had her arms folded in front of her chest.

“I don't remember you kicking and screaming. Though I'd still like to see you try”, he said, a smug smile on his face.

“I hate you.”

“No you don't. You think I'm adorable.”

“No, I think you're insufferable.”

“Keep telling yourself that. Whatever helps you sleep at night.”

“Last night you did, but not because I was exhausted. Bored is more like it.” Liz knew that she was hitting below the belt, literally, but right now, she didn't care. He dragged her along, against her will. Sure, she got in the car on her own, but that didn't mean that she was okay with this. Time for a little payback.

“Bored? Didn't have that impression with the way you screamed my name. Several times.”

Liz didn't answer him. Instead she just sang along to the radio at the top of her lungs. Or rather one of Dean's cassette tapes that Sam had warned her about before she got in the car with the older Winchester. But opposite to Sam, she didn't have a problem with the music Dean was listening to. On the contrary. “'Cause I'm TNT, I'm dynamite, TNT, and I'll win the fight, TNT, I'm a power-load, TNT, watch me explode.”

Dean just shook his head, smiling at the antics of the girl sitting next to him. She had a fire in her many women lacked, but it definitely drew him to her. He couldn't help but like her. Maybe it was because she was trying to put him in his place. Maybe it was the challenge. And he really liked those. And the girl had great taste in music. It reminded him of a girl he once knew, but he pushed the thought away as soon as it came. Not a good idea to dwell on the past.

“Where are we going, anyway?” Liz asked, bringing him out of his thoughts.

“Black Rock, outside of Buffalo. We got a call that somebody broke into dad's storage container that we didn't even know about”, Dean answered, clearly not happy that he'd been kept in the dark.

“Keeping secrets? Sounds like John.”

Dean slowed the car down while looking at Liz. “You don't know what you're talking about.”

“Actually, I do”, Liz disagreed and met his gaze. He was the first one to look away because he didn't want to end up in a car crash.

“You don't.”

“So you really don't remember ... It's kinda sad.”

“Remember what?” Dean was only one remark away from bringing the car to a stop to get Liz talking. He hated this cat and mouse game they were obviously playing.

“This is not the best time to talk about it. Let's get to Black Rock first, then we'll talk.” She looked out the window to her right and Dean knew that she wouldn't say anything about what he supposedly didn't remember until they reached their destination. The challenge he had thought to be tempting a few minutes ago now gave him a headache.

Several hours later

“Here are your keys, Miss ...?” The guy at the reception of the motel asked, a smile on his face that made Liz shudder.

“Johnson. Thanks.” She took the keys, trying not to touch the douche bag in front of her. He was at least twice her age and looked like he hadn't showered in two weeks – at least.

Liz rolled her eyes at the guys who were waiting for her by the door, but she raised her eyebrows when Dean put his arm around her almost protectively. But she knew better than to ask him now. After they closed the door behind them, Dean let go of her again as they walked to their rooms.

“What was that?” Liz asked, looking at Dean confused.

“That guy back there? He looked at you like you were a piece of meat.”

“You mean the same way you looked at me in that bar not too long ago?”

Dean looked at Sam, silently asking him for help, but the younger Winchester simply shrugged. Liz had a point there, after all.
“Well, no. Not exactly. Because I would've left you alone if you had turned me down again. That guy? I'm not so sure.”

“So what? Let him try. I'm a big girl, I can look after myself.”

Sam and Dean looked at each other before starting to laugh.

“What?!” Liz demanded, looking at both of them expectantly.

“You, big girl, would fit into your own duffle bag. But I gotta give it to you, for a midget, you've got a big mouth”, Dean said, smirking while he towered over her.

“Well, at least my memory doesn't resemble a sponge. And I'm not talking about the amount of information you're able to soak in. I'm talking about the amount of holes in it”, Liz answered before tossing the key to the double bedroom at Sam. “If you need me, I'm in my room”, she added before walking off.

Sam looked at Dean, his eyebrows furrowed. “What is she talking about?”

Dean shrugged while he watched the short brunette walk away. “I have no idea. But I'm gonna find out”, he said before going after her.

Liz was about to close the door when Dean pushed it open again. “Not so fast, Smurfette. You owe me an explanation.”

“Smurfette? Seriously, Dean?” Liz just asked as she put her bag on the ground. “Close the door.” She sat down on the bed as she heard the click that indicated that the door had been closed. Dean stood in front of her, waiting. “Would you mind sitting down? I don't exactly wanna get a stiff neck just because you can't remember me.”

“I have no idea what you're talking about.”

“I know. That's why you're here, right? Because you want me to clear up your memory a little bit.”

“Stop beating around the bush, I don't have all day.”

“That's too bad. Because this? I'm afraid that it's gonna take a while.” Liz said, crossing her legs.

Dean sighed before complying and taking a seat next to her. “Fine, I'm sitting. So start telling your damn story.”

“Do the terms “Roswell” and “1996” ring any bells with you?” Liz asked.

Dean furrowed his brows as he tried to remember. “Well, we were in Roswell in 1996, but ...”

“You remember that dark haired waitress in that stupid green uniform with the silver alien-head apron and the antennas on her head?”

Suddenly, Dean's eyes grew wide. “That was you?!”

“By George, he's got it.”

Dean just stared at her like he'd just seen a ghost. “But ... that's ... that's impossible.”

A small smile appeared on Liz's face. “I'm sitting here, aren't I?”

“I thought your name was Liz Parker.”

“Guess you weren't the only one with secrets.”

“Why didn't you tell me? All that crap about your uncle being a hunter? That was just a bunch of bullshit.” He wouldn't admit it, but it hurt him even now that she lied to him back then when he had opened up to her like he did. Even told her the family secret when he knew that John would give him hell for telling her.

“Can you really blame me? Dean, I don't even want to talk about my childhood now. Do you think that eleven years ago, it would've been easier to admit that my father gave me away to go on a crusade after my mother was possessed and he killed her?” she snapped at him, immediately regretting it. It wasn't his fault.

Dean looked at her for a moment. She was right, he had to admit that. And he knew what she was talking about. He was an expert when it came to not talking about the bad parts of his life.

“Do you remember the first time we met?” He asked, trying to change the subject.

“You mean the first time you walked into the Crashdown and hit on me?” Liz answered, smiling a little at the memory.

“Hey, I got a smack on the back of my head from dad, a little more respect, please”, Dean complained, making Liz laugh.

“You deserved it! Besides, if you hadn't used that bad line, you wouldn't have had to apologize ... who knows how things would've turned out then”, she said and looked at him. “So ... thanks for using that really bad line”, she added, smirking.
MsPati
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: Under Pressure [SPN XO, UC, AU, Mature] Part 6, 05/09/10

Post by MsPati »

Hey everyone,
once again thanks for the awesome feedback! I'm glad that you all seemed to like the fact that Liz and Dean met before (and I'm not talking about that night in the bar *lol*). Hopefully, this new part will answer some of your questions :D

Queen Fee - Oh yeah, they met before alright *lol* I'm not gonna keep you waiting for a little glimpse on that event in the past, don't worry :D About Bobby ... well, Liz is just as stubborn as Dean, so ... I wouldn't bet any money on that if I was you ^^ And you're right about the setting. Right now, we're a couple of weeks after Dean made the deal.
garcia88 - Glad you like the bickering that's going on between those two :D
Mel1307 - I won't keep you waiting about their past, I can you promise that ^^
behrstars - Here I am again, I hope I came back soon enough :D
orphyfets - Thanks, glad you like it!
barbara87413 - I hope you'll also enjoy the way Liz is dealing with Dean in this part :D
Egyptian_Kiss - Wow, I really appreciate the feedback! Not to sound like a total fangirl and all, but "Where Loyalty Lies" is one of my all-time favorites, so I'm really happy that you enjoy my story as well :D

And last but not least I wanna thank my amazing beta ZansLove!

The lyrics used at the beginning of this part are from Mando Diao's "Down in the Past".

Part 7: Down in the Past

So touch me down in the past where my mother will last
And it's true that I'm in for a punch and a blast

11 years earlier – Roswell, 1996

Liz was working her usual shift with Maria, but they were hanging out behind the counter most of the time because it was a slow afternoon. Maria was just telling Liz about how she had caught the Sheriff and her mother in the kitchen acting like teenagers that morning, giving the dark haired girl way too much information for her liking. The bell over the door chimed and it was a guy about her uncle's age and a boy that looked to be the same age as Maria and herself. They sat down in her section, but Maria hadn't even noticed as she continued her tale.

“Do you have any idea how gross it is to watch your own mother make out in the middle of the kitchen with a guy you're supposed to respect? Let alone this being the first thing you see in the morning.”

Liz laughed and put up her hands in surrender. “Listen, I've got to take up some orders. I'll be right back.” she said, shaking her head still smiling as she headed to the booth the guys she didn't recognize occupied. Tourists, no doubt. Though they didn't seem like the tourist type.

“Hello, my name's Liz, I'm your waitress. What can I get you?” She asked, her usual smile in place. The younger boy looked her up and down before smirking at her. “Well, how about your number?” He asked, which earned him a smack in the back of his head from the older guy, who seemed to be his father. That was her guess, at least.

“Sorry about my son. I raised him better.” he said, turning Liz's business smile into a real one that lit up her eyes.

“It's no big deal, really. If I had a penny for every time one of the customers dropped a line like that ... let's just say I'd have my own car by now.” she answered, making the older man laugh. “So, what can I get you? Except for my number, that is.” she said, looking at the boy, pointedly.

After a few moments, the man answered. “I think I'll have the ... Sigourney Weaver Burger and some fries.”

“Make that two.” the younger guy added.

“Anything to drink?”

“Just water.” the dark haired man answered while the boy just nodded his approval.

“Okay, coming right up.” Liz said, before walking back to the counter. After she gave Jose the order and she brought the guys their drinks, Maria pulled her into the back room.

“Maria, what the ...?”

“What was that, Liz? The guy over there? He basically ripped your clothes off with his eyes, chica.” Maria said.

Liz just shrugged. “So what? All the guys do. I have to talk to dad again about this uniform. It's really getting annoying. We've already lost three waitresses because they couldn't handle all the innuendos.”

“Believe me, that was not just about the uniform.” Maria disagreed.

“Whatever. Just don't make too much of it, okay? They are just tourists.” Liz said. “Can we get back out there now?”

“Sure.”

When they walked back out front, the boy was sitting alone in the booth.

“Liz, your order's up!” Jose said. Liz grabbed the plates and walked back to the booth.

“Where's your dad?” She asked, as she put the plate down in front of the empty seat.

“He forgot his wallet in the car, he'll be right back.” the guy in the leather jacket answered. “By the way, I'm Dean.”

“Nice to meet you, Dean.” Liz said, smiling.

“Listen ... we had a bit of a ... you know, rocky start. When do you get off work? I want to make it up to you.” He said, giving her the puppy-dog eyes. Liz inwardly cursed. Why were all boys able to do that? It wasn't fair.

“Fine. My shift's over at eight. Pick me up here at 8:30.” she said.

Dean nodded. “Okay. Sounds good.”

8:30 the same evening

“Hello Dean.” Liz greeted him, causing him to turn around. He'd been standing at the counter, waiting for her.

“Hey.” he said, smiling. “You look great.” he added after taking in the dark blue dress she wore.

“Thanks. So ... what did you have in mind to make that really bad pick up line up to me?” Liz asked, tilting her head a little as she waited for him to answer.

“How do you feel about a movie?” Dean asked. He'd seen that they were playing 'Scream', and what better way to get close to a girl than a scary movie?

“Sure, sounds good. Oh ... can we go see Scream? I couldn't convince any of my friends to go. They just don't get why I like those movies.” Liz said, killing Dean's hope of getting to 'protect' Liz throughout the movie.

“You like horror movies?” he still asked, unable to fight off the surprised look on his face.

“Sure. Sometimes they make me laugh more than comedies.” Liz answered.

At this, Dean got a bit of his hope back. If she wasn't scared, maybe he could at least use the humor she saw in horror flicks to his advantage.

Later that night

“I can't believe you got us kicked out of the theater!” Dean laughed, as he and Liz stumbled out of the building. She was leaning against him, laughing as well and Dean could see her dark eyes sparkling happily.

“Oh come on. You have to agree that it was funny how that girl would rather talk to some weirdo on the phone than call the cops. I mean, obviously it would've taken them too long to save her, but maybe they'd have caught the killer. However, then the whole movie wouldn't make much sense.” Liz sighed and led Dean to the nearby park. On the first bench, she slumped down and leaned back. “Now what? Sorry for ruining your movie plans.” she apologized and looked at Dean who sat down next to her.

“Don't be. To be honest, I already saw the movie ... it sucks. Not much of a loss there.” He leaned back as well and put his arm on the back of the bench. Liz took him up on his silent offer and put her head on his shoulder. She couldn't see the content expression on his face. Normally he wouldn't be happy with just sitting around with his arm around a girl. Once again, he got the feeling that something was different about Liz. Dean felt good just sitting here with her, holding her. He didn't feel the need to make out. His dad would probably laugh at him for this ... and Sammy would ask him if he was sick.

“Penny for your thoughts?” Liz asked. He hadn't noticed that she had turned her head and looked at him.

“Nah, don't waste your money”, Dean answered, winking. Liz just rolled her eyes, but she couldn't keep the smile off her face.

“Whatever. What are we gonna do now? Any ideas?” She didn't bother to move while she was talking to him. Liz felt way too comfortable to move.

“We could go for a walk.” Dean suggested. Liz nodded, but she didn't move. “Or we could just stay here.” he added, receiving another nod before Liz put her head back on his shoulder. He pulled her a little closer when he felt her shiver, but then he had a better idea. He shrugged out of his jacket and put it over Liz's shoulders before wrapping his arm around her again.

“Thanks”, Liz said, smiling at Dean before she planted a little kiss on his cheek.

“Don't mention it.” he said as if it wasn't a big deal, when in reality it was a pretty big deal for him. His dad had gotten him that jacket. He never gave it to anyone. Normally.

“So ... what are you and your dad doing in Roswell, anyway? You don't seem like the normal tourist type.” Liz said. Before the movie, Dean had grilled her for information. Now it was her turn.

“We're not ... tourists, I mean. My dad's working on a job. We're just passing through.” Dean felt somewhat bad for just offering her the usual answer, but he couldn't tell her the truth. Telling her would mean losing her because she thought he was crazy. He didn't want that.

“And what kind of job is he working on?” She could tell that he kept something from her. It didn't take a genius to figure that out. Liz had turned her head again.

Dean leaned in a little and smiled as he saw Liz's eyes grow a bit wider. “If I told you, I'd have to kill you.” he answered, smirking. He kicked himself on the inside, but he did what had to be done.

Liz sighed. “Alright, James Bond, then keep your dirty little secret.” she said, still looking Dean in the eyes. It was the wordless attempt to get him talking.

However, all thoughts of John Winchester, and the job that brought him to Roswell, left her mind as Dean closed the distance between them and kissed her. After she got over the surprise of feeling his lips on hers, Liz put her hand on his neck, pulling him in a little more as she responded to the kiss. A few moments later, too soon for her liking, Dean pulled slightly away. Only then she realized that her lungs had been screaming for oxygen.

Dean leaned his forehead against hers, smiling. Not smirking but actually smiling. Even though Liz only met him today, she could tell the difference. This smile right now? It was real. The smirk was just something he showed people if he was trying to convince them to believe something. Or when he tried to distract someone. He'd used it already multiple times on her. She really needed to learn how to resist it, because otherwise, she'd be in trouble.

Liz looked at his watch and wished the next moment that she hadn't. She had to be home soon. Curfews sucked.

“Hey, what's up?” Dean asked as he noticed how Liz's mood had darkened considerably.

“My curfew. I need to get home.” she answered, followed by an unhappy sigh. Dean planted another short kiss on her lips before he got up from the bench, holding his hand out for Liz to take it. He felt a tingling sensation when she placed her hand in his, but he shook the feeling off.

“Then let's go. Or your dad won't let me take you out again.” Dean said.

“That'd be a shame.” Liz agreed, but the prospect of another date lightened up her mood.

When they approached the Crashdown, Liz heard music coming from the inside. The Beatles. Jeff seemed to be in a good mood. A few moments later, she saw him and Nancy dancing.

“We could've stayed longer in the park.” Liz remarked while smiling at the older couple inside the café.

“Don't get used to this or anything, but ... do you wanna dance?” Dean asked, surprising Liz. She looked at him, trying to figure out whether he was just making fun of her or not, but she got her answer when he spun her around in a circle and pulled her close to his body. Liz laughed and put her arms around his neck. Dean really was one in a million. She had never met a guy like him before. Liz pushed the thought away that this could also be a dangerous thing. Dean said they were just passing through and feeling like that about him? It would only cause her heartache in the end.

“How long are you gonna stay in Roswell?” Liz asked, while they moved to the music.

“Couple of weeks, I guess.” Dean answered before dipping her, which caused a surprised shriek to escape her throat. He pulled her up again and held her tight to his chest. “I won't let anything happen to you.” he assured her, looking her in the eyes. It wasn't a lie. As long as he was around, he would make sure that nothing happened to her.

Liz could tell by the look on Dean’s face that he meant what he said. She didn't answer him, she just kissed him again. The moment was interrupted by Jeff calling her to come inside. Dean pulled away, the battle he was fighting on the inside written all over his face.

“Come by the café tomorrow afternoon?” Liz asked.

“Sure. I'll be there.” Dean agreed, before kissing her again.

Liz pushed him away, slightly laughing. “Stop it. I have to go.” She looked over his shoulder and saw Jeff standing in the door of the café, waiting. Liz wanted to give Dean his leather jacket back, but he shook his head.

“Give it back to me tomorrow.” he said.

Liz nodded. “Okay. Then ... see you tomorrow. Bye.” She slowly drew away, not wanting to cross the street and go inside, but she had to. Her uncle was getting impatient and she didn't want him to throw a fit.

Dean looked after her as she went inside the café. Even after the lights downstairs went out and the ones upstairs turned on, he still stood there, in a trance. He was in trouble. With a capital 'T'.
MsPati
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: Under Pressure [SPN XO, UC, AU, Mature] Part 7, 05/16/10

Post by MsPati »

Hi everyone,
once again thanks for the awesome feedback!

barbara87413 - Glad you liked that little blast from the past :D
Egyptian_Kiss - You're making me blush with all those compliments *lol* thanks, I really appreciate it. And on Dean's little memory problem ... well, it is Dean we're talking about, for one ^^ and there's been a lot going on in his life, hunting-wise and with his family, so I guess you could say he was preoccupied with all that stuff and the memory of his teenage days was pushed to the back of his mind. However, that question will be answered in the next part :D
Queen Fee - I'm glad that you liked that little flashback :D There's more to come in the next part :D
garcia88 - There's more of those moments to come, promise ^^ And like I said, it's Dean we're talking about ... in the show, he didn't remember Lisa for who she was but because it was the bendiest weekend of his life, so ... there you go *lol*
roswellian love - Glad that you liked it :D Yeah, Liz was still more or less innocent when she met Dean (depending on how innocent you can be, given her family history). And Dean ... well, let's not talk about that *lol*

And last but definitely not least, thanks again to my beta ZansLove. I seriously love your comments on each part :D

The lyrics used in this part are from The Kinks - "You Really Got Me"

Part 8: You Really Got Me

Roswell High, the next morning

“So, how was your date last night? Spill, I want details!” Maria and Alex stood in front of her. While Alex didn't really need to know about one of his best friends date with a guy that just rolled into town the other day, Maria was set on getting all the details from Liz.

“There's not much to tell. We went to the movies, went to the park, talked a little, he walked me home. End of the story.” Liz said, looking innocently at Maria.

“Well, look at that. It's my favorite waitress from the Crashdown.” she heard a voice behind her that made her smile. Liz turned around and tilted her head a little as she looked at Dean.

“Well, look at that. It's the guy who asked for my number instead of something to drink.” she answered. Dean laughed and bent down to kiss her.

Maria gasped as she saw Liz kissing the stranger she'd gone on a date with last night. Not much to tell her ass. “Chica, we really need to talk about your definition of 'not much to tell'.” she said, her hands on her hips.

Dean cocked his eyebrow as he looked at Liz, who had pulled away as soon as Maria started talking. “Not much to tell? I hope she's not referring to our date. I wouldn't call getting kicked out of the movie after 10 minutes not much to tell.”

Liz rolled her eyes. Great. Now Maria wouldn't let it go for the rest of the day.

“You got kicked out of the movie? Liz!” Maria exclaimed, her eyes as big as saucers.

“Here we go.” Liz mumbled and gave Dean what Alex called her death stare. Dean just laughed and planted a kiss on her forehead. “What are you doing here, anyway?” She wanted to know.

“Well, dad figured that it'd be a great idea to enroll me here for as long as we stay.” Dean answered. At first he'd been against it, but after the turn of events, he was more than fine with going to school here.

“Remind me to thank your dad.” Liz said, smiling. She got to spend more time with him. That was fine by her, since their days together seemed to be numbered anyway.

Present day

“I still can't believe you didn't tell me who you were the moment you saw me.” Dean complained and watched a small smile dance on Liz's lips.

“I just wanted to see whether you remembered me or not. Guess you didn't love me as much as you said you did.” Liz answered, a teasing tone in her voice. She was making fun of him and he knew it.

“Oh believe me, I did. I really loved you. And I remember you. There's nothing that could make me forget you. I just didn't recognize you in that bar. There's a difference. Because the last time I saw you, you were an innocent girl that worked in her father's café ... well, more or less innocent, anyway, by the time we left. Because the Liz Parker I knew didn't wear knee high boots and a skirt that'd be illegal in some states. And now? Now you're just ... wow. You blew me away when I saw you. You've changed, Lizzie. A lot.” Dean confessed. He lay down on Liz's bed and stared at the ceiling and was soon joined by Liz who lay down next to him.

“Guess I haven't lost my touch then, Winchester. Because the first time we met, you only came up with a lame pick-up line that even my innocent self from eleven years ago found pathetic. When we met in that bar ... you came up with a lame pick-up line after you screwed it up before you even had a chance to score. If it hadn't been you, I would've told you to shove it where the sun doesn't shine.” she said, giving him the most innocent smile she could muster up.

Dean rolled over and supported his weight on his arms as he hovered over Liz. She had a sense of deja-vu since it hadn't been that long when they were in a similar position, only with less clothes on. “I really rubbed off on you, didn't I?” He asked, causing her to roll her eyes.

“Get off of me, Dean.” Liz just said.

“That's not what you said the other night.” he smirked.

“The other night you thought my name was Beth. You really wanna use that as an example?” Liz asked, raising her eyebrows.

Dean didn't answer. Instead he took advantage of the position they were in and kissed her. Liz felt her knees go weak and she was thankful for the fact that she didn't have to support her own weight. After a few moments, her brain started to work again and she pushed him slightly away. She couldn't let him get to her again. The first time brought her heartache and she wasn't up for a second round.

A knock on her door interrupted them before Dean could ask what was wrong. “Guys? You ready to go?” They heard Sam ask.

Something that resembled a growl could be heard from Dean as he got up Something that would've normally made Liz laugh. Right now she was too busy with getting her mind back on track to care.

“I'm gonna stay here, okay? I'm pretty tired ... it's been a long day.” she told Dean.

“Sure. We're gonna check out the container and then grab something to eat. Want anything?”

“No, I'm good. Thanks.”

“Okay. See you later.”

With that, Dean walked out the door, leaving Liz to stare at the ceiling again as her thoughts drifted back to Roswell eleven years ago.

11 years earlier – Roswell, 1996

“Forget about coming by the café this afternoon, by the way.” Liz said, pretending to be angry. Dean watched her, confused, as they walked down the corridor of Roswell High.

“What? Why?” he asked.

“Because even if you stopped by, I wouldn't have time for you. Thanks to you, Maria is gonna pester me about our date all day.” she explained and started to walk faster.

Dean looked after her, dazed for a moment, before he jogged after her. “Hey, wait a minute.” he said, and grabbed her arm, making her stop. “You're not really pissed, are you?” he asked as Liz turned around. Dean tried to look into her eyes, but she turned her head to the side. He grabbed her chin and softly turned her head until she was looking at him. “I'm sorry”, he mumbled.

He wasn't good at this. He didn't even do this. Any other girl he would've just let walk away and look for the next one to make out with. There were always plenty of offers. But things were different with Liz. He didn't know why, but he wanted to try to do things the right way with her. The date was proof of that. He didn't do dates. Normally, he'd be too worried about why he changed so much because of this girl, but at the moment, he didn't care.

Girl, you really got me goin'
You got me so I don't know what I'm doin', now
Yeah, you really got me now
You got me so I can't sleep at night

Liz's hand on his cheek brought him out of his thoughts. “I'd give you a penny for your thoughts, but you told me yesterday that I'd waste my money, so I won't. Look, I'm not mad. It's just ... Maria can be pretty intense. And since my mom already grilled me last night, I'm just not up for another round of 'give me the details'.” she explained while softly caressing his cheek.

Dean nodded before kissing her quickly. “I'll stop by and take care of your friend. Later, you spend time with me. Deal?”

Liz laughed. “Deal. But you have no idea what you just got yourself into.”

“I think I can handle it.” he answered. Maria couldn't be worse than what he normally had to deal with, he was sure of that. She was just human, after all. How much damage could a 16 year old girl do?

“I'm gonna ask you about that tonight.” Liz simply replied, smiling. If only Dean knew just how intense Maria could be ... well, he'd find out soon enough and Liz was sure that he was going to complain later on that she hadn't warned him. That was just a tiny little bit of revenge for ratting her out to her best friend in the first place.

Liz stopped in front of the biology classroom and she saw her lab partner Max already sitting at the desk, looking at her. She smiled at him for a moment, but Dean caught her attention by coughing.

“Do I need to worry about this?” he asked, his eyebrows raised.

Liz rolled her eyes. “Are you asking whether you should be jealous or not? Let’s clear something up. We only went on one date - last night. Since this …” she pointed at him and then at herself, “doesn't have any kind of label, you don't even have any right to be jealous.” She paused, then added, “However … he's just my lab partner. Relax.”

Dean pulled her tight against his body and kissed her again. Liz knew perfectly well what he was doing ... marking his territory.

“Dumbo's still looking at you funny. I don't like him.” he said after he let go of her again.

“Whatever. There are plenty of trees out there by the way, if you want to finish marking your territory.” Liz said before walking into the classroom, leaving Dean in the hallway with no idea where he had to go since his next class wasn't biology.

Present day

Liz smiled as she remembered the puzzled look on Dean's face when she just left him standing there in the hallway. For a moment, she thought about telling Sam later on, he sure could use some ammunition against his brother. However, she decided against it.
Sam. She wouldn't have known who he was if he hadn't been with Dean. Not a big surprise there, though. The last time she saw him, he was a thirteen year old boy who was still shorter than her. Now she got a stiff neck just by talking to him. A sigh escaped her throat. Thinking like that made her feel older than she was. She really needed to stop it.

Liz rolled over to her side, hugging her pillow. It was a mistake to talk to Dean the other night. But after she saw him, she couldn't stop herself. He had taken her heart with him when he left eleven years ago. She wanted to get it back. To have closure. Sure, she had dated some guys after Dean, but it never felt right. Not with Kyle and sure as hell not with Max.

Dean would have a field day if she told him that she actually dated Max. She could even hear his 'I told you so'. It sure was a big ass if in regards to her telling him about that short episode. Kyle on the other hand had been great ... once they had broken up, at least. They became friends and both realized that they were way better off that way. Kyle had also been the one who taught her how to take care of her car.

Her car. The one that she wouldn't be driving anytime soon, according to Dean. “Son of a bitch.” Liz murmured. She had to convince him that she wouldn't take off the first chance she got. Maybe he'd let her drive her car again. And then she could actually get away from them, because traveling with them? It was a pretty dangerous path for two reasons: the hunting and even more importantly, her feelings.
She needed to get rid of those - quickly. Liz closed her eyes, yawning. She was tired. All the driving had worn her out, even though she was just sitting in the passenger seat. Since the boys weren't coming back anytime soon, Liz figured that a little nap would do some good to recharge her energy.
MsPati
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: Under Pressure [SPN XO, UC, AU, Mature] Part 8, 05/24/10

Post by MsPati »

garcia88 - Thanks for the feedback! I really appreciate it. Well, on Dean leaving ... it's not like he had a choice. John was working on a case in the area and once it was done and he found the next case to work on, there was no reason to stick around in Roswell any longer, so Dean had to leave. Him being a good little soldier and all. And Sam's reaction ... you're gonna find out soon enough ;)
behrstars - Glad you liked the flashbacks :D Thanks for the feedback!
barbara87413 - There will be more on their history, don't worry =) Though not in flashbacks ... at least for a while ^^

And of course thanks to my beta ZansLove!

The lyrics used in this chapter are from AC/DC's "Problem Child". And now: on with the story!

Part 9: Problem Child

A loud knocking on her door woke Liz up.

“Hold your horses!” She yelled and the pounding stopped. When she finally got the door, Dean was standing there with an impatient look on his face.

“Jeez, what were you doing in there?” he asked and pushed his way past her into the room.

“Oh, please, come in, make yourself at home.” Liz replied, the sarcasm evident. “I was doing this thing called sleeping. You know, some people do that when they're tired.” she added, her arms crossed in front of her chest.

“Aren't you a little sunshine when you're woken up.”

“You should know, shouldn't you?” She was referring to the past, he knew that. However, he didn't have time to talk about it now.

“Listen, while you were doing your best impression of sleeping beauty, we figured out what's going on here. My dad used this container to dump all sorts of bad shit. One of the curse boxes he kept there was stolen ... you'll never guess what was in it.”

“Enlighten me.” Liz sighed.

“A rabbit's foot.”

“What?”

“You heard me. And this one's actually working ... as long as you own it. When you lose it, you're screwed and bite the dust within a week. Sam touched the damn thing when we found it and he lost it. Well, it was stolen from him. Anyway, I'm gonna go and get it back so we can destroy it. You, however, have the privilege of watching the walking Murphy's law over there in our room.” Dean explained.

I can change your life
There's nothing you can do

“I don't really have a choice, do I?” Liz asked, already knowing the answer.

“No. I'll hurry, though. The faster we destroy this thing, the faster we're out of here.” he said.

Liz grabbed the key of her room and again a sigh escaped her throat. The last time she'd been babysitting Sam was when he was 13 and Dean had been with John, killing some demon.

“Fine. Let's go.” Liz said, ushering him out of her room.

When Dean opened the door to the room he shared with Sam, Liz had to stifle a laugh. Sam was sitting on a chair in the middle of the room, looking like a little boy who'd been grounded.

“I'll be back as soon as I can.” Dean said.

Liz just rolled her eyes. “Just go.” she answered.

“Take care of my little brother.”

“Like the last time I watched him.”

Sam watched them with raised eyebrows. Like the last time? What was she talking about? They'd only met each other a few days ago, hadn't they? What was he missing here?

“If you keep looking at me like that, your face might freeze that way.” Liz said, smirking at Sam. He hadn't even noticed that Dean was gone.

“What did you mean 'like the last time'?” Sam asked.

“You don't beat around the bush, do you?” She chuckled at his exasperated expression. “Remember Liz Parker, the girlfriend Dean had in Roswell? The one you asked for help with your homework and who watched you when Dean and John went to kill the demon John was after?”

Suddenly, everything made sense to Sam. The entire talk about the past, why Dean didn't tell him what was up with Liz. “Oh my God.” he said, staring at her.

“And again with the looking at me weirdly.” Liz said, shaking her head slightly.

Sam didn't respond, but got up and enveloped Liz in a hug and lifted her a little off the ground. “I can't believe it's you ... god, it's been so long! I never got to thank you for everything.” He put her back on the ground and Liz sat down on one of the beds.

“Thank me for what?” she asked.

“You were the one who made me realize that I didn't just go to school to get my diploma and be done with it. That I could achieve something if I put some effort into it.” he answered.

Liz laughed. “I did that? Wow, I didn't realize that I had such an impact on you.”

“Well, you did. You were different from the girls Dean normally surrounded himself with. I realized that the first time we met, though. You were smart and kind ... not stupid and treating the little brother like some hurdle that got in the way of a make-out session.”

She rolled her eyes. “Maybe because I liked you. You were a great kid. A bit shy. I always wondered how that worked with Dean as a brother.”

Sam laughed. “Guess I had a pretty scaring example right in front of me 24/7.”

“You can say that again. But back to the present ... what is this about a rabbit's foot? Since when do they actually work?” She asked, referring to the reason the two of them were stuck in a motel room with Dean going only God knew where to get it back.

“I called Bobby”, Sam started, making Liz wince at the name. The wound was still fresh. She didn't want to think about him. Sam saw her reaction, but he couldn't help her. She had to deal with it on her own terms. He wanted to talk Dean out of this, taking her with them, more or less as a hostage, but it was useless. Dean was hellbent on getting her to give Bobby another chance and Sam had gotten tired of arguing with Dean about father issues a long time ago.

“He said that this thing was real hoodoo, made about a hundred years ago or so. But it's not a luck charm, it's a curse. If you touch it, it's yours and you have a lucky streak. But if you lose it, that luck turns so bad that you die within a week. And I touched it and it got stolen from me. So, if I don't wanna die, we have to get this thing back and destroy it.”

“And Dean knows where it is?”

“Bobby helped us with that, too.”

A sigh escaped her throat. “He does that a lot, doesn't he? Help you, I mean.”

Sam slowly nodded. “Yeah, he does. He's a good guy. I know you don't wanna hear it, but he is. He ... he took over where our dad left off when he died. He was there for us. You know him, there wasn't a lot of talking going on, but he was there.”

“For you at least.” Liz replied and started pacing around the room. “He was there for you. Not for me. He left me on my own to deal with my mother's death. Sure, I had Nancy and Jeff, but honestly? I just wanted my dad.”

Once again she felt lost. She fought this, keeping herself occupied, even if it was just by reading a book when she wasn't working on a case, but at least it got her mind off things. But these reminders of the fact that her life had been far from the perfect one everybody in Roswell believed she had ... it got her thinking and with thinking about it, the feeling of being lost came. With leaving Roswell, she had cut the last real ties she had had. Now it was just her.

Make my stand
No mans land
On my own

“He's sorry, Liz. He really is. And he wants to make it up to you ... but he can't do that if you don't give him a chance.” Sam said. He wasn't pushing her like Dean wanted to. He was just trying to give her some advice.

“Some things you just can't make right.” Liz pulled the curtain aside a little and stared out the window. She felt like she was suffocating in here and was in desperate need of some fresh air. “I'm gonna get something to eat ... you want anything?” She really needed to get out of this room, even if it just was for a few minutes.

“I'm good, thanks.” Sam answered. He knew perfectly well what she was doing. She was running from the subject because she didn't want to deal with it. That's what had gotten her inside this room in the first place.

“Fine. I'll be back in a few ... just ... don't touch anything while I'm away. I'm not trusting your luck right now, sorry.” Liz said and grabbed the key of the motel room before heading out.

When she came back, the first thing Liz noticed was the curtain on the floor. She put her food down on the nearby table and went to grab her gun, when she heard a click next to her ear.

“I wouldn't do that, little girl.” she heard a male voice say.

Liz took in the rest of the room and saw Sam sitting on a chair, unconscious, tied up with duct tape.

“What the hell did you do to him?” she demanded to know, though she was in no position to make demands. However, Liz didn't give a shit about that right now.

“Nothing. He knocked himself out. We just had to stand by and watch.” was the answer of the guy who was still pointing a gun at her head. “Now, you sit down over there,” he pointed to a chair in the back of the room, “and let my partner tie you up. Unless you want me to shoot you, but that would be a shame. We have no business with you. We just want your unconscious friend here.”

Liz contemplated her situation for a second. Try to fight and get shot or sit down on that chair and pray for Dean to get his ass back from wherever he was, soon. She had to go with the latter option. She walked over to the other guy. As soon as she saw that the gun was no longer a threat, she changed her mind and punched the man with the duct tape in his hand. But he recovered from the blow sooner than Liz had expected him to and hit her, effectively knocking her out.
MsPati
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: Under Pressure [SPN XO, UC, AU, Mature] Part 9, 05/31/10

Post by MsPati »

Hey everyone, thanks for the feedback! It's nice to see that my ramblings are still appreciated *lol*

barbara87413 - That's nice to hear, glad to be of service *lol*
garcia88 - Don't worry, I'd never damage them ... too much, that is ^^
roswellian love - Well, technically you might be right ... but Liz would kick Dean's ass if he even thought about calling her his woman *lol* However, I have to disappoint you, because in the beginning of the next part, the two morons are already out of the picture. But I think that you won't be left hanging, so don't worry :D
Queen Fee - Of course he does. Dean always comes to the rescue, doesn't he? And I love those fics as well, so I just had to throw that in. Glad that you like it :D

Once again, I want to thank my beta, ZansLove. Your comments on this part made my day.

The lyrics used are from AC/DC's "Ruff Stuff". And now: on with the story!

Part 10: Ruff Stuff

When Liz woke up again, the first thing she saw was Dean's smirking face. The second thing she noticed was the fact that she lay on a bed and wasn't tied to a chair.

“Nice of you to join us again. Didn't you sleep long enough already?”

She slightly moved her head. Bad idea. It hurt like hell. She remembered being hit and groaned. “Shut up. Do you have any painkillers?”

Liz saw Sam shuffling around in his bag. A few moments later, he came over to the bed, a little white pill and a glass of water in his hands. He put both things on the nightstand and sat down on the other bed. Liz couldn't help the pained groan that escaped her as she sat up, but since she didn't want to make a mess, she had to.

After the took the painkiller, she leaned back on the headboard. “What did I miss while I was out?”

“Not much. Just Dean stating that he's Batman”, Sam answered before Dean could.

Liz had to suppress a laugh at the look on Dean's face. He looked like a kid that had been denied candy. “Let me guess, this had something to do with the rabbit's foot?”

Sam simply nodded.

“We have to destroy the thing.” Dean said and stood up. Liz only now realized that he'd been sitting by her side the whole time.

“Then let's go.” Liz agreed. The painkiller slowly started to do its job and she could move again without the impression that her head was about to explode. She got off the bed. “What do we have to do?”

“Burn it.” came Dean's reply.

In the graveyard

“'Liz, could you go check if we left the cayenne pepper in the car? I can't find it.' ‘Sure, Dean, since I'm obviously only good enough to check whether you're starting to suffer from Alzheimer's and can't remember to bring two damn things to burn a rabbit's foot.’ Fuck it!” Liz mumbled to herself as she walked back to the Impala. She felt like a first grader that had to do what the older kids told her because they wouldn't let her play with them otherwise. Just fucking great.

She opened the trunk and looked for the cayenne pepper, but it wasn't there. So they had to have taken it with them. Great. She came back for nothing. Liz slammed the lid shut and turned around to walk back to where Sam and Dean were burning the rabbit's foot, when she noticed a silver car that she was sure wasn't there when they had arrived.

She made her way cautiously back to the boys, but hid behind a tree when she heard a female voice. What the hell was going on? Liz crept closer and saw a woman about her own age aiming a gun at Dean and Sam. She took her own gun, thanking a higher power that she had it on her, and got closer. Liz resisted the urge to roll her eyes as Dean started talking. He really didn't know when to keep his mouth shut, did he? However, the woman made him shut up by shooting Sam.

She's a saint, she's a sinner
She's a rave, rave, rave
She's a woman, she's a winner
In every way, way, way

“Drop the gun. Right now.” Liz made her presence known, her own gun aimed at the other woman's head. She saw Dean shift a little and caught the surprised look on his face as she got closer. “Sam, you okay?” Liz asked, keeping her eyes on her target.

“Yeah, just a shoulder hit.” came his reply.

“Looks like we've come to an impasse. Why don't you put the gun down, little girl, before you hurt yourself, Dean gives me the rabbit's foot, I leave and this never happened?” She suggested, her British accent annoying Liz to no end.

“What is it with people always calling me little girl? I know I'm short, get over it already. And how about you shut the fuck up and put your damn gun down before I put a bullet in your head?” Liz answered, tilting her head slightly to the left. The way she said it left no doubt that she really would pull the trigger.

“You heard her, Bela.” Dean said, and Liz nearly rolled her eyes at the cocky undertone.

Bela lowered her gun, securing it as she did. Liz still kept her gun leveled at her.

“Dean, how about you get rid of that rabbit's foot? I'm gonna keep Kate Winslet here from doing something stupid.” Liz smiled innocently at Bela as she spoke. “And don't even think about shooting Sam or me. Because from this distance, I'm a real sniper.”

Dean chuckled as he heard Liz talk. He threw the rabbit's foot in the fire. Soon enough, it started to crackle.

Bela mumbled something about a psychotic buyer and her being out on one and a half million because of them, but Liz really didn't care. She let the Brit chick leave and put her gun away as she walked over to Sam and Dean.

“Damn, you're hot when you're handling a gun.” Dean commented and this time, Liz didn't resist the urge to roll her eyes.

“Let's get out of here.” she simply replied and started packing up. When Sam wanted to grab something, Liz snatched it out of his hand. “No carrying for the guy who's been shot.” Liz said and walked away, not giving him a chance to disagree.

Back in the motel

While Sam took care of his injury, Liz and Dean sat at the small table, having a drink to celebrate their victory. At first Liz had objected and wanted to take a look at Sam's shoulder, but he would have none of it. Guys. Why couldn't they just let someone help them?

She slightly shook her head, but the she noticed Dean staring at her. “What's up?”

“There's ... there is something I have to tell you.” he said, before downing the rest of his drink in one swig and pouring himself another one.

“Sounds serious.” she commented. She didn't like this sudden change of mood one bit.

“It is. You deserve to know ... given our past and the fact that you're on the road with us ...”

“... you make it sound like I'm here because I wanted to join you.” Liz interrupted him, but Dean put up his hand, silencing her. He wanted to get this over with.

“Please, just let me finish. There's been a lot going on lately and I'm pretty sure that Bobby told you about the devil's gate.” Liz nodded and Dean took this as a sign to continue. “Well, I guess he didn't tell you about what happened before that. About Sam dying.”

A look of shock crossed her face and her head whipped around to look at Sam. “What? But ...” She didn't really know what to say. Dean had been right, Bobby didn't tell her this part of the story.

“He was stabbed. I ... I couldn't take it. He's my little brother, I've gotta look after him, right? So I went to a crossroads and made a deal to bring him back.”

Liz sank back into her chair. This was some sick joke. It had to be. But the look on Dean's face told her a different story.

“The demon gave me one year.” Dean concluded and took a sip from his drink.

Liz just sat there, frozen in shock. This couldn't be happening. No. The silence that had taken over the room was a painful way of showing her that this wasn't just a joke or a nightmare. Finally, she regained the ability to move. She stood up from her chair and walked across the room to Sam, feeling Dean's eyes on her the entire time.

“Give me my keys.”

“What?” Sam asked, looking at her confused.

“Give me my damn keys, Sam.” she repeated, her voice cold as ice.

“You're not going anywhere, Liz.” Dean said, causing her to turn around.

“Shut up, Dean! I'm leaving right now!”

He was taken aback by her reply. The Liz he knew never shouted. Then again, that was eleven years ago. Many things changed in eleven years.

Liz spotted her keys on Sam's nightstand. She grabbed them and turned to leave the room, but Dean grabbed her elbow and turned her around to face him.

“You're not going anywhere.” he said, staring down at her.

“I'm not going to stick around and watch you leave again. I could barely take it the first time even though I knew that you were going to. I'll be damned if I'm stupid enough to let you rip my heart out a second time.” Her brown eyes glazed over with anger and she ripped her arm out of his grip. For once, Liz was thankful that she didn't have much in the bag that she grabbed on her way out of the room. They had planned to head out later. For her, that later had just come a little bit sooner.

“Liz! Get your ass back in here!” she heard Dean shout, but she didn't turn around. This time, she would be the one who left. She put her bag in the trunk and got in the car. Just as Dean had caught up with her, she sped out of the parking lot. In the dim light of the street lamps, she could see him cursing as she looked in the rearview mirror.

Liz finally allowed the tears to escape that she'd held in from the moment she had realized that Dean's days literally were coming to an end. Her emotions had gotten the better of her. She didn't want to admit it before, but her old feelings for him were still there. And they had come back to the surface again. It was stupid to let herself feel these things for him again. She had known that it would only cause her heartbreak.

That was her reason for leaving. Liz had watched him drive away in that damn Impala when she was a teenager and it had broken her heart. She wouldn't watch him walk out of her life a second time ... only that this time, it would be forever. She knew that it was selfish, but she wouldn't let him break her heart again.