Returning Normal (CC,M/L,M/M,I/K,TEEN) CH 11 pt 3 9/30 [WIP]

This is the place where fics that have not been updated in the past three months will be moved until the author asks a mod to move them back to an active board.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, truelovepooh, Forum Moderators

chunkmonster2
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: Returning Normal (CC, M/L M/M I/K, TEEN) CH 11 pt 1 9/28/10

Post by chunkmonster2 »

Author's notes: here I am back again. I actually had this post readyish last night as well but it didn't get posted right away. I wasn't sure where I wanted to end the second part for it flow right for me. Not much for other notes for this chapter.Enjoy, and leave me feedback!

Timelord31 - interesting turn of events to say the least - this post build on it slightly.

nibbles2 - don't worry I hadn't forgotten about you, or michael and maria! Obvious Max and Liz get a lot of read time in my stories but for all the others I try and give equal amounts... try anyways. Don't worry though, there just may be more candy scenes coming along before its over... just maybe, don't want to give anything away!

H'ookay, that's all again. Enjoy, I hope to be back sooner or later. I am sure I will be!

Cheers!

Chapter Eleven, pt 2 - Starry Eyed Surprise

===========================================================================================

Just Us Cafe - January 28th, 2010 4:54pm

Serena was nearly done for the day.

Serena took a minute to wipe her brow, looking up at the clock on the far back wall she note the time.

Six minutes left.

She decided to pick up the pace so she wouldn't be stuck there later than she had to be wiping down her tables. The cafe of course was open later, but she was on the morning shift so she would be finishing by five. As per usual she would be going back to her place and maybe watching a movie with friends. Never did she dream a familiar face would walk through the door... not this soon anyways.

A smile came across her face immediately, "Kyle!"

Kyle couldn't help but allow a smile to cross his face as well.

There was only one problem.

When Kyle left Reeves things were complicated in his life to say the least.... some how they had managed to get even more complicated.

Serena threw the dish towel she had been wiping the tables down with onto the counter and moved over to greet Kyle. Serena wrapped her arms around Kyle. She still found it odd how attracted she was to him and yet still knew nothing about him. Once upon a time she thought she had knew everything about him, but it all turned out to be a lie. Kyle returned the favor by wrapping his arms around her, pulling her in for a quick and gentle hug.

"You're back already? The way you were talking a couple weeks ago it sounded as though you were never coming back."

"Can we sit for a minute?" Kyle questioned

Serena recognized this tone in his voice from last time they spoke. The smile instantly was wiped from her lips.

"Kyle." she started, but paused after only speaking his name. Once she gathered her thoughts she continued, "I told myself if I were to see you again I was going to be strong this time. Firm even. I was going to make sure that I got the truth from you once and for all!" Serena glanced around the room to make sure there were no ears close enough by to hear what she would say next, in a low whisper she continued, "There were men here looking for you, for all of you. I played dumb, I said you were acquaintances who had come into my life and disappeared nearly as quick as you had come." Now thinking about it, that was actually quite a true statement. The only difference was she felt a connection with Kyle, and new a little more than she let on to them. "I need to know, are you involved in something bad? I mean these guys looked serious. They wouldn't identify themselves so it was sketchy enough as it was."

Kyle listened as she spoke but really had nothing to say. Where would he start? It's not that easy to say, 'Hey my friends are aliens. The came to our planet from outer space. By the way, I am kind of part of them now. Why you ask? Because I nearly died and was brought back to life by Max himself. Sorry those strange suited men wouldn't identify themselves... they are from a special alien task force in the FBI.', It sounded unbelievable to him and he had witnessed it all first hand.

"Serena... I ca.."

"Don't say you can't, or you won't. I won't accept it Kyle. If you can't share every part of yourself with me than I don't want you in my life, in any capacity." Serena said confidently.

"It's just not that easy." he stated

Serena couldn't believe what she was hearing. He had promised her would help her understand, and he was now refusing again.

"I can't Kyle. I can't be part of this, or you, not anymore. I'm done." she put her hands up in the air to show she had surrendered.

Serena began to walk away from him, but Kyle needed on more thing from her. One last favor.

"I need you to do something for me." he admitted.

Serena stopped in her tracks, she couldn't believe what she was hearing. Shaking her head from side to side as she turned to face him she replied, "And why should I?"

Kyle shrugged his shoulders, "Because I know you're a good person. And I know you want to help."

Serena crossed her arms waiting to hear exactly what the favor was.

"Just follow these directions exactly..." Kyle stepped toward her and pulled a piece of loose leaf from his pocket. He reached out and places the small, slightly crumpled piece of paper in her hand. "I promise it will be the last time I ever ask something of you."

"I just don't understand, I really thought you were different. I felt something with you, something I've never felt before." Serena said admitting her true feelings to him.

"I really wish I could, I wish I could tell you everything. I really think we would have worked, I think we would have made a great couple...." Kyle hesitated a moment before he finished speaking, "But I guess we will never know."

Kyle tightened her hand around the piece of paper. He forced half a smile for her before he turned to walk away.

Serena decided to make one last ditch attempt at getting him to stay, at getting something out of him. She quickly made her way after him before he made it to the door. Tapping him on the shoulder to get his attention she had the moment she needed. Wrapping her arms around his neck passionately she pulled herself upward to bring her lips to meet his. As they did she felt the intensity she had felt before when they kissed, only this time it was different. Flashes of memories pulsed through her brain from his. Serena saw things she couldn't even imagine to be real. Her brain worked in overload trying to take it all in but they were flashing through her mind at what felt like light speed.

The kiss ended.

Kyle made his way quickly from the cafe.

The kiss left her stunned for a moment and when she managed to snap out of her trance and make her way to the street Kyle had already disappeared from sight.

"What the hell was that?" Serena questioned aloud before remembering the piece of paper in her hand.

Unfolding it carefully she read the contents of the paper quickly. This couldn't be correct could it? Why would he request she do this, it simply didn't make sense. And what had happened back their when they kissed, why did their feelings for each other always create these weird sensations. Serena had too many questions left unanswered still.

She had stated she had given up, but truth was.... she was just getting more intrigued.

*** Ten Minutes Later ***

Kyle made his way to the parking lot where Maria and Zan were waiting for him in the van. Maria was already in the drivers side so Kyle decided to let her drive. Hoping in the passengers side he took a quick look in the back to take note of his sons whereabouts before speaking with Maria.

"Is it done?" she questioned.

Kyle nodded, "I just hope she follows through. She wasn't happy with me at all."

"She will, I know she will. She cares about you."

"When we kissed I felt something weird, she looked at me strangely afterward. I don't know, I just couldn't tell what she was thinking. I got out of there as fast as possible."

"You kissed somebody?" Zan piped up from the back of the van.

Kyle really had to remember there was little ears around now and that those very set of ears belonged to his son.

Maria chuckled, she couldn't wait for Kyle to explain this one.

Kyle's eyes widened as he looked to Maria for help, who was simply too amused with the situation.

"Ahh... well yes. Yes I did...."

Maria started the vehicle and pulled out of the parking lot.

===========================================================================================

Big Red Barn - January 28th, 2010 5:21pm

Michael and Isabel anxiously awaited the arrival of the others. Everyone had their positions to be in if this was going to work correctly. Isabel had found a hay stack to sit on and tried to occupy the past hour with replaying the plan over and over again in her head. Michael had seemingly beat a trail in where he had been pacing back and forth for the past hour. Isabel could tell he was getting frustrated and worried because he began running his hands through his hair.

"They definitely should have been here by now right? Somethings gone wrong, do you think someone got to them? Kivar or the FBI?" Michael didn't interrupt his pace to pose the question for his long-time friend.

"Their fine, they probably just got held up. I am sure they will be here soon."

Michael shook his head, "How do we know we can really trust her?"

Isabel wasn't really sure how to answer that, "I just know we can. I feel it, don't you?"

Michael wasn't sure. Something did feel right about it, but his instincts were never really the best to go on anyways. Just as his mind starting to plunge deeper into through there was a creak come from the large wooden doors at the end of the barn.

Isabel jumped up from her seat and moved swiftly next to Michael.

Michael pointed an outreached hand in the direction of the doors, awaiting for a face to emerge.

The door creaked open further, the last bit of light from the day spilled into the barn. Michael's eyes squinted against the light to be able to make out the figures who were about to enter the door. Finally the door pushed all the way open with a thud. Michael's arm tensed at first but at the sight of the faces it relaxed and dropped to his side.

Maria, Kyle and Zan entered the building together.

"Easy there big guy!" Kyle joked, "No need to go blasting us to Timbuktu when we walk through the doors."

Michael shrugged, "Didn't know who it was, couldn't be too safe."

"Did you do your part?" Isabel chimed in.

Kyle nodded, "Done. Now lets just hope it plays though."

"What do you mean hope? You didn't make sure it was certain. Kyle this is a very important part of the plan." Isabel shot back.

Maria spoke up for Kyle, "She will come through, Kyle just needs to learn to have a little faith in himself and those who love him"

Isabel nodded, "Okay, well we found an area for you over here Maria. You can hide in this stall over here, there are somethings piled. I made sure to look from every angle there is no way they will see you before it's time."

Maria turned to face the direction in which Isabel was pointing. It certainly looked sufficient enough.

"I will take Zan up to the loft with me. We will watch from withing hiding up there. I have a few tricks up my sleeve to help distract. Michael and Kyle, you know what to do.

The men nodded in confirmation.

"I think we should move to our placed now. Its almost sundown, it shouldn't be long now." Isabel finished. On that note everyone moved to their previously specified areas. Isabel allowed Zan to climb the latter before her and she followed after. Maria made her way behind the pile of things in the stall of the barn, making sure to position herself so she would be able to view the room through a tiny crack. As for Michael and Kyle, they simply waited in the main area of the barn.

***Nearly an hour later***

To say the scene was tense would be putting it lightly.

At first everyone was calm and collected. It seemed as the more time passed the more anxious everyone got. The sun had nearly set now and there was no sign or Max and Ava, perhaps something had went wrong after all. The thought had crossed everyone's mind in that barn on this particular evening. Maybe they hadn't been as wise as they thought. Maybe they hadn't thought of every detail. And then there was the chance, maybe Ava wasn't really on their side.

They were as prepared as they could be but when the doors came blasting inward it was a surprise to all that were waiting. Izabel clasped her hand over Zan's mouth to stop him from making noise. Maria nearly jumped out of her skin as well, but the noise she made was masked by the loud crashing of the large doors. Dust from dirt kicked up from the doors as they crashed to the ground. Both Kyle and Michael coughed while waving their hand to attempt and blow away the dust from their eyes and mouths. Isabel didn't blink, her eyes stayed sharp as a tack staring down at the entrance... it was only seconds before guests appeared in the barn.

It had been years since her or Michael has laid eyes on their duplicates. Not much had changed, they had given up the majority of the clothing and piercings but in Isabel's opinion they looked as tacky as usual. Loni entered first with a devilish smile on her face. Her hair was jet black and cropped into a asymmetrical bob. Next to enter was Rath, whom now had his head entirely shaved bald and in general just looked worse for the wear. Ava walked in next, pushing Max in front of her, his hands behind his back bound with rope. Finally Kivar made his appearance. It was obvious the blow from Drea had done his human body some damage, one side of his face looked burnt from her sacrificial powerful blast. Loni, Rath and Ava all stood in a row, Ava pushing max to the ground in front of them.

Michael and Kyle stood side by side facing their four opponents; this match was heavily one sided.

"I knew I couldn't trust you." Michael said shooting a evil glare in the direction of Ava.

A devilish smile came across her face, "What can I say, I am the world's greatest actress."

Ava blinked her eyes only for a second but it was long enough for Michael to take his shot. His arm shot upward in her direction, their was a bright flash of light which was blinding to everyone in the barn. A scream could be heard from Ava and then a large crack when he body met with the wall of the barn followed by the thud as her body fell in a heap on the ground.

Rath shot back nearly equally as quick but Kyle was ready. He had only used his power one time before, but it seemed when his adrenaline was running it was nothing for it to get going. Placing both palms outward a green colored barrier stopped the blast from connecting with them.
Author's Page
"you come crash.... into me. yeah, baby. and i come into you."
"and how can i stand here by you, and not be moved by you?"
My Fics Below:
Returning Normal | Already Gone
chunkmonster2
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: Returning Normal (CC, M/L M/M I/K, TEEN) CH 11 pt 1 9/28/10

Post by chunkmonster2 »

Author's Notes: Here is the next part. I am sorry to say I feel as though this gets confusing at times because I wanted to show a lot going on but it may be hit or miss. Lemme know if you think it is hit or miss, and what could be improved about the writing and scene because of any scene I really want this one to work just right for people. Um, yeah, so don't worry about being offensive, I like constructive critisim! In fact if there is anything you ever wanna say about any of the other posts feel free to as well, I just really want feedback on this one. Hope you all like it, and undertand the flow of how I wanted this to go!

I will write individual replies to feedback very soon as I always do!

Also not there won't be another part online for a little while. I have class tomorrow night and saturdays are usually pretty booked! But I will be back sunday or monday I believe.

Cheers guys!

Chapter Eleven, pt 3 - Starry Eyed Surprise

Big Red Barn - January 28th, 2010 5:21pm

Michael and Kyle held their positions against their enemies. Despite claims they were outnumbered and the weaker of the sides.

There were a couple more alien powered blast shot from Rath and Michael back and forth, all which were blocking using supernatural powers as well. For Kyle not using this ability much in the past it seemed to be coming quite natural, the do or die situation was probably helping with this.

Maria frequently checked the outside of the building through a small window and Michael was doing a good job of glancing in her general direction non-suspiciously to make sure there was no signal she needed to give him.

Max still lay helpless on the ground, his hands were underneath him and still bound by rope, he fidgeted and moved around some but nothing that concerned his alien enemies.

Ava still lay on the ground in the back of the barn unconscious or possibly even dead, her companions did little to nothing to ensure she wasn't injured.

Isabel and Zan were still hiding in the shadows of the loft attentively watching the blows being thrown and blocked down below.

It seemed as though it would go on forever, back and forth to no avail, but something changed. Kyles eyes caught a body approaching from behind the their opponents. The body her saw approaching was so small and certainly to alone to help. As the light from within the barn met with her face Kyle realized something had gone gravely wrong.

In an attempt to be subtle Kyle attempted at making shifty eyes with an ever so slight shake of his head to turn their guest back around. This attempt would have been successful if their only opponents were Rath and Loni, but Kivar caught the change in Kyle's facial expression.

Serena realized immediately she had made a mistake coming here. She slowly and quietly tried to make her exit by back-stepping, but it was too late.

"What do we have here?" Kivar questioned Kyle not even needing to turn to confirm someone was behind him, "Is this our guest of honor?" with raised brow he turned to face Serena.

Kivar frowned, "Guess not. Oh well, she can die just the same anyways"

"No!" Kyle yelled as he stepped forward. Kivar shot a powerful blast in Serena's direction. Kyle was able to build a web of protection around her to protect her. Stunned at what she was seeing with her very eyes Serena stood still from fear. Kyle ran in her direction attempting to get to her, but while he was occupied with protecting her it left him and Michael completely open.

Rath took the opportunity to take a cheap shot at Kyle. The blast connected with him and threw him across the room, his body connected with the floor face down and he skid just feet from the now unprotected Serena.

Isabel attempted at shielding Zan from the happenings but it was too late. For his safety she had to keep him quiet so she did so with a hand muffling his mouth and one trying to attempt to cover his eyes.

Kivar laughed as he saw Kyle attempting to push himself upward. His laugh was hysterical, crazed, "Pathetic, this is the best you have Max?" Kivar used his pause mid sentence to land a blow to Max gut as he lay helpless on the ground. Kivar pivoted on his heal back toward Kyle and Serena. Kyle had managed to clamber to his feet and was standing obviously injured blocking Serena.

Kivar chuckled again as he turned his head to the side again, to glance down and address Max, "Actually you know it might be fun to have you watch everyone you love die. Their all her right, their all in hiding" Kivar said allowing his eyes to scan around the barn.

Isabel quietly pulled Zan back further into the shadows.

Kivar turned back to Kyle.

Kyle could feel his heart beating hard against his chest as he fought hard to catch his breath.

Kivar simply smiled.

The two raised their hands in each others direction at the same time. Kyles force field formed quickly but the intense power from Kivar knocked him back initially. Kyle managed to hold it as long as he could before whispering to Serena, " Get directly behind me. Stay behind me. When this next hit connects with me I might not be able to handle it. I want you to run, run like hell. Make sure to tell Zan, my son, I love him and he will be taken care of."

Kivar could hear nothing Kyle was saying even with strained ears.

Serena gripped Kyle tightly.

Kyle could feel her nod against his back. With her confirmation of his message for his son Kyle did the next steps in ensuring she made it out alive. Holding the force field with everything he had left he side stepped angling his back and Serena's to one of the empty horse stalls.

"I'm sorry.. I'm sorry I never got to know you the way I should have.". Kyle allowed himself to let go, he was nearly drained of energy in every way.

Kivar's beam of energy connected with him sending him and Serena through the air and backward into the stall as Kyle had planned.

Zan watched as his father took another blow. The boy was young but he was watching the only man he ever knew that took claim of him being injured. Zan felt his body overwhelmed with anger. He had never felt, this angered, this warm. His eyes burned as though they were on fire.

Through Zan's rush of emotion he created several small flame-balls that were aimed in the direction of his stare... Kivar. Kivar didn't see it coming, or where it came from for that matter. One of them connected with the side of his face already injured from Drea -- with power enough to flip him off his feet. The others met with haystacks just behind him starting a instant fire in the barn, smoke filled the air quickly.

Serena's fall was broken by the hay in the back. She moved quickly to shake him for sign of life, when nothing came she checked his pulse.

Nothing.

Kivar clambered to his feet again, angered by the blow he hadn't seen coming. It was hazy now in the barn with the smoke creating more cover for those hiding, but danger at the same time of being stuck in a burning building

Isabel snuck to the other side of the loft with Zan. The quietly climbed down the latter they had placed with easy access to Maria so they could move without being seen.

Meanwhile in the Rath and Michael continued facing off. Their blows kept meeting head to head and not amounting to damage to either opponent. Loni stepped forward with raised hand to take a cheap blow at Michael, surely he couldn't manage both of them attacking him.

Just as Loni was about to attack a familiar voice played through her mind, a voice that sounded identical to hers, "You have to fight two against one to beat Michael you really are pathetic. Maybe if your man was a real man."

"Get out of my head bitch!" Loni screamed aloud.

"Make me you trashy, worthless version of a princess" Isabel used her new ability to reach peoples minds when conscience.

Loni laughed, "Oh this will be fun." She was distracted from attacking Michael long enough to by them time.

Isabel had strategically placed herself up against a wall of of the stall. It took all she could to remain from coughing from the smoke. She could hear Loni approaching, feel her approaching. Isabel grabbed for the stall shovel near her. With one powerful swing the shovel connected first with Loni's stomach followed by a blow to her back when she bent forward from the pain -- the final blow knocked her to the ground. Isabel made sure to exit the stall quickly to ensure Maria and Zan would remain safe behind the stacks they had been hiding.

Isabel made her way to Michael's side. She looked down to her brother who lay on the floor blindfolded and bound.

Loni made her way to Rath's side. The two sets of doubles faced off, with Max in between on the floor and Kivar just behind the others.

"You are gonna pay for that bitch." Loni screamed at Isabel.

"It wouldn't matter if you killed me, you will always be the tackier defective version of me and everyone knows it!" Isabel pushed her opponent.

Michael caught a flash of light in his eyes. He had forgot to glance in Maria's direction in a while for her sign. She was now quietly jumping and waving her arms. Once he caught a glimpse of it he turned back to the others.

It was time.

"I can't believe we trusted that bitch. I should have known she would set us up." Michael stated aloud.

Rath chuckled, "She was pretty useless but she may have just been right when she said she was the worlds best actor."

"Second best" Max spoke calmly and confidently from the floor.

Rath and Loni glanced down to just catch Max free himself from a fake not tied in rope supposedly bounding his hands.

Michael and Isabel joined hands and with both their free hands stretched outward sent a blast which knocked their dupes in a heap in front of Kivar. Kivar turned to the area in which Ava had been previously laying seemingly lifeless.

She was gone.

When he turned back she was standing next to Max, Michael and Isabel.

She waved in his direction with a smirk on her face.

Rath and Loni made their way back to their feet and stood one either side of Kivar.

"You haven't won yet." Kivar rebutted.

"We will see about that. Goodbye Kivar." Max finished with a smile.

Kivar raised a brow in confusion. Why was he so confident?

"You are surrounded. This is the FBI. Please surrender now"

A group of FBI agents made their way into the barn coming up behind Max, Michael, Isabel and Liz... who was not in the room prior. They were the only ones strangely visible in the main room of the barn.

Max glanced at Ava who now looked identical to his wife to see she had her head bowed, this would be one of her greatest allusions to date.

"Now." Ava spoke under her breath.

Like clockwork the four friends collapsed to the ground in a heap. The FBI agents watched as a strange mist made its way from their bodies and into the bodies of Rath, Loni, Kivar and a fake image of a fourth.

The agents attention now turned from the bodies on the floor to those that had seemingly just appeared. The enemies didn't look as they normally did, part of Ava's mind warp on the FBI workers was that Rath, Loni and Kivar now looked as though humans had often imagined aliens -- horrible grey creatures.

Rath, Loni and Kivar looked to the door closest to them that they had originally entered. It was now blocked by FBI workers as well.

"Nah hold on a minute gentlemen. Let's not get out of hand here." Loni addressed them.

Unfortunately to them it sounded like some foreign language.

This was the perfect plan. They were being masked as something else and had no idea.

"Don't move." an agent repeated. The three aliens were surrounded and at gun point for that matter.

Kivar glanced behind him, he saw a way out. If he dodged backward quickly he could blast through the wall and escape quickly -- but they wouldn't all three make it. Loni and Rath would have to suffer as his shield, not that he was attached to them anyway.

The fire from the hay had spread to the building now and the smoke was getting nearly to intense for anyone to handle.

***Meanwhile***

It was suppose to be at this point Zan was to use him gift to mask him and Maria so they could both walk out the door unseen and unharmed but he wasn't about to leave without his father. Zan masked them long enough to get them into the stall where Serena and Kyle had been left. The two of them appearing out of nowhere shocked Serena.

"Help me." she pleaded between tears.

Serena had been performing CPR to attempt at getting him breathing again to no avail.

Zan latched onto his father crying and holding tightly. A man he hadn't known his entire life and only revealed to him as being his father mere hours ago was already his hero.

"Don't leave me daddy. I just met you."

Zan sobbed while repeatedly pleading with his father not to leave him, all Serena and Maria could do was watch in heartbreak. Soon they would need to exit the building or they would go up in flames with it.

Maria watched helplessly still hoping, wishing. Her wish was granted by a twitch of Kyle's hand which caught her eye.
Maria held her breath as she watched for another sign of life before she got anyone's hopes up. Looking to Serena she realized she had witnessed it too.

Zan unknowing kept addressing his father, crying and asking for him to return... not to leave him.

Suddenly Zan felt a steady beating against his ear.

A heartbeat.

It no healing power or modern medicine to bring him around, it took the love of a son.

As the agents slowly closed in Kivar took his moment. He pushed the two dupes forward with a sudden unexpected force And dove into the stall behind them. The sudden movement from the two aliens cause one of the agents to fire; which in turn caused a domino effect.

Kivar cowardly ducked out, blasting through a wall and a couple agents outside to disappear into the darkness, Loni and Rath were left for dead, used as human shields. The pair of dupes didn't stand a chance, their bodies were riddled with bullets, they fell to the floor in a heap.

Special Agent Tucker, who was now reviewing the case at hand stepped from the shadows and directed the agents, "Quickly get the bodies of the others who collapsed. We need to get them back to headquarters for testing. I want to know if this is a simple case of possession or if they too are aliens."

The men nodded.

"And do it quickly before this building goes up in flames."

Just as he finished he turned to see four others emerging from a stall. Coughing from the smoke two women worked to suppose an injured man followed closely by a young boy.

"Please help us." Serena pleaded.

Agents surrounded in to take the weight of their shoulders. The others along with the four who has just emerged were all placed in special secure FBI vans and were being carted to an unknown location.
Last edited by chunkmonster2 on Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Author's Page
"you come crash.... into me. yeah, baby. and i come into you."
"and how can i stand here by you, and not be moved by you?"
My Fics Below:
Returning Normal | Already Gone