Deep Darkness (UW,XO,CC,ADULT)Ch4; 11/20/2010 [WIP]

This is the place where fics that have not been updated in the past three months will be moved until the author asks a mod to move them back to an active board.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, truelovepooh, Forum Moderators

chanks_girl
Obsessed Roswellian

Deep Darkness (UW,XO,CC,ADULT)Ch4; 11/20/2010 [WIP]

Post by chanks_girl »

TITLE: DEEP DARKNESS
AUTHOR: chanks_girl
CATEGORY: ROSWELL/ UNDERWORLD CROSSOVER
COUPLES: CC with SELENE AND MICHAEL; focus on A&I (AU with Aliens)
RATING: ADULT
DISCLAIMER:
I don’t own Roswell and Underworld I and II. The characters are not mine. No infringement is intended.

SUMMARY: Alex went really to Sweden for a month but he decided to stay six months longer to travel through Europe. In this story Alex left after ‘Surprise’. Seeing Isabel flirting with Grant and the whole Alien Abyss was too much and he wanted normalcy. While he attended a rave party in Prague, he found himself in a fight between Lycans (werewolves) and the Vampires. Back in Roswell after six months, Alex is a new person and has to hide his own secret. The remaining seven teenagers will soon find out that nothing is what it seems to be.

The story bases on a challenge by killjoy: http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopi ... a&start=30

AUTHOR’S NOTE 1: Everything happened like on the show. The story picks up after ‘the Hybrid chronicles’. Then the AU starts. Some characters will be OOC, especially Alex.
AUTHOR’S NOTE 2:Tess is GOOD. No mindwarping or translating or any stuff she did. That’s the only change from the show. But there was Future Max, the Dupes.
AUTHOR’S NOTE 3: Now to the background of the story. For like 1000 years Vampires and Lycans are fighting each other in a bloody war. The Vampires are the superior beings, who enslaved the Lycans until those freed themselves and fought their enemy.
AUTHOR’S NOTE 4: Both beings are immensely different from humans. They have ‘superpowers’. They are stronger and faster as humans. Another fact is that their morals are also lower than those of humans.
AUTHOR’S NOTE 5: Lycans have an extremely disposition for violence. Their hormonal balance is much higher than humans. When a normal person gets angry multiply that with 1.000.000. so it takes a lot of control to suppress the need to act on your anger.

Disclaimer: The song is 'LEAVING ON A JET PLANE' by John Denvers.I own nothing. The lyrics aren't mine and I don't want them.

Personal note: Special thanks to killjoy, he listened to my ideas and helped me a lot with this story. THANKS killjoy!!!!!!!

I hope you enjoy the fic. I’d appreciate any feedback.

Enjoy reading it!

PROLOGUE (OCTOBER 2000)

“Dude, I can’t believe that you are going to Sweden. A month surrounded by lovely, beautiful and extremely sexy blondes. Is there a chance for me to go with you?” Kyle asked Alex, who was sitting opposite him.

Alex had to smile as he heard the despair and hope in Kyle’s voice. It was his Good Bye Party in the Crashdown and it was all becoming real. Alex himself couldn’t believe that he was leaving Roswell and was going to live in Sweden for a while. As much as he loved his friends, he needed something new. It was all getting too much. The whole alien abyss thing was straining his energy. Alex didn’t regret any minute of being part of their close group. He couldn’t take anymore.

Moreover, it wasn’t the aliens’ abyss that took his energy, it was a certain alien. She was the reason he wanted to leave. He took every curveball she had thrown at him but enough was enough. Whenever Isabel was cold or bitchy to him he took it. Whenever she was pushing him away, he still stood by her side and stayed. It didn’t matter what she did, Alex was still there for her. Even after their break up, Alex tried to be close to Isabel. While she wanted friendship, Alex wanted more. He couldn’t go back to normal like before. He wanted more. But as Isabel and him sat in the Crashdown and she started flirting with that geologist, Alex had enough. To top it all, on her birthday she planned to go out with that guy and he was hearing the ‘We can’t date but we’ll be friends’- speech. That was the breaking point for Alex. He needed a change and it was to come.

Sweden.

Alex was going on an exchange program for students. He was going to spend a month in Sweden, trying to find his way back in life and wanting to live in normalcy for a while. It was sad to say, he needed to get away from his friends and family so he can have a normal life for a short time. He didn’t want to leave but he needed to.

“Sorry, Kyle but I can’t take you with me. You won’t fit in my suitcase. Why would you want to leave when you have your own lovely, beautiful and sexy blonde at home? I am sure, she would miss you.”

“Who’ll miss who?” asked Maria as she was coming to sit next to Alex in the booth and put her head on his shoulder.

“No one.” Both boys replied.

“Not true, I am going to miss you, Alex. Do you really have to go? What if I need you here? What if I need my Alex time when something happens and don’t know what to do and you aren’t here to help me but I need you. What shall I do?” Maria rambled on her emotions getting the better of her.

“Maria?” Alex spoke.

“Yeah?”

“I’m going to miss you, too. I will call as much as I can and I write you everyday. And if I don’t happen to do any those things, don’t worry about me. I’ll miss you all, too. Before you ask, I come back. I promise.” Then he kissed the top of her head, reassuring his friend that everything was going to be alright.

Alex observed the Crashdown and he found Isabel sitting at the counter with Tess and Michael. She looked as usual breathtaking and it hurt Alex that she was never going to be his. Alex realized but it still hurt.

“Come on Maria, be happy. I don’t want to leave knowing that you are upset and sad. I told you to come back, didn’t I.”

“You will make new friends and forget about us…” Maria spoke with a sad tone, which broke Alex’ heart.

“Maria, let’s be happy that at least someone is going to make it out of this tourist trap. Like Alex said, he won’t forget us and he’ll come back. And if he doesn’t than we send you to find him and drag him back, kicking and screaming if necessary.” Kyle tried to brighten up Maria. And he was glad that he succeeded as she smiled a bit.

“And let’s not forget that Alex needs to take a lot of pictures of hot blonde Swedish chicks.”

SMACK! Maria kicked Kyle.

“OW!!!! What the hell did you do that for?”

“You aren’t going to corrupt my sweet Alex. And besides you have Tess at home.”

“And your point is?”

“You’re a pig.”

“Thank you.”

“Would you two stop it? You are arguing like siblings…”

“We are not!” Maria and Kyle replied at the same time.

Not wanting to be the new target of their banter, Alex decided to go and mingle with his friends. Everyone on the party told him that they would miss him and wished him a great time. To his own disappointment, Isabel avoided him all evening. Alex couldn’t catch her for a moment alone, every time running away from him. And when he caught her, she pulled someone other to them so they weren’t for a second alone. Alex was getting fed up.

His Good Bye Party was coming to the end but Liz and Maria weren’t going to let Alex leave like that without the right farewell. He saw from the corner where he stood that Maria and Liz stood on a makeshift stage. Maria pulled a micro and stool with her.

“Hey everybody, we hope that enjoy the night. We all know why we’re here tonight because our dear friend Alex is going to leave us towards Sweden. As much as we wished that he wouldn’t go, he wants and needs to. There is so much that we can say about Alex: he is loyal, caring, funny, witty, and smart and he has the Whitman charms. Moreover, he is the brother we both never had and we can truly say without him we weren’t half the persons that we’re today. Thank you, Alex and have a safe and good trip.” Liz finished her speak with a kiss blown to Alex, who pretended to catch it and put it in his pocket.

“HEAR, HEAR!!!” The crowd cheered them on.

As the clapping and cheering died down, Maria called Alex to step on the stage, she had a surprise for him, he didn’t know about it.

“Another thing about Alex is that he is incredibly talented. That’s why we want you to sing one song for us before you leave us. If you think you can chicken out, I force you to play.”

Alex was taken back by that but he knew better than to argue with Maria. Without any questions, Alex took the guitar that Maria hided from him all evening. He sat on the stool and thought about a song fitting for tonight. As Alex found the right song, a sad smile appeared on his face and started the first accords. As the first words left his mouth, it felt as if everything he bottled up inside was coming out.

All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go,
I'm standing here outside the door,
I hate to wake you up to say goodbye.
But the dawn is breakin', it's early morn,
The taxi's waitin', he's blowin' his horn.
Already I'm so lonesome I could die.

His voice was full of hope but also regret. Regretting that his life wasn’t the way it was supposed to be.

So kiss me and smile for me,
Tell me that you'll wait for me,
Hold me like you'll never let me go.
Cause I'm leaving on a jet plane,
Don't know when I'll be back again.
Oh babe, I hate to go.

Regretting that Isabel couldn’t see he was the one for her. If she would ask him to him stay, he’d do it for her.

There's so many times I've let you down,
So many times I've played around,
I tell you now they don't mean a thing.
Every place I go I'll think of you
Every song I sing I'll sing for you.
When I come back I'll bring your wedding ring.

While he sang he tried to make eye contact with her but he couldn’t, Alex couldn’t take the look in her eyes.

Oh babe, I hate to go.

He poured all his emotions into his voice. He didn’t feel anymore the strings under his fingers. It was as if he was in a trance.

Now the time has come to leave you,
One more time let me kiss you,
Then close your eyes, I'll be on my way.
Dream about the days to come,
When I won't have to leave alone,
About the times I won't have to say.

He just wished he could act on the things that he sang.

Oh babe, I hate to go.

A last time Alex put all his emotions and feelings into the song. He wanted her to say the words but he knew she wouldn’t do it. He just wished.

As much as he hated to go, he needed to go.

PRESENT TIME

The voice of the captain brought Alex out of his memories. He was back in Roswell. He was back in his old life. A small smile graced Alex’ face as he thought about the changes he went through. He wasn’t anymore the boy who had left Roswell six months ago. The things he went through and saw with his own eyes did show him a new view to life.

Sometimes he still couldn’t believe what had happened. Alex had a reminder on his left shoulder. The scar reminded him of the night that changed everything for him. At least now Alex knew how it was to have a secret which no one could know about.

It was time to face his old life in Roswell but he wasn’t the old Alex Whitman.

~TBC~
Last edited by chanks_girl on Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:49 pm, edited 14 times in total.
chanks_girl
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Deep Darkness (XO with Underworld; CC, adult)PRO 20/2

Post by chanks_girl »

Ava: Thank you for your feedback. I'm glad that you enjoyed the start and I hope you will like more of the story.

killjoy: MY MAN....Thanks for your feedback. Glad that you like the start and hopefully you will love the rest of it as well. You're the mastermind behind the challenge.

PeytonLeigh: I was making a happy dance when I saw that a UC shipper enjoyed the fic and especially the idea of such a fic.Thanks for your fb. Hopefully you will still like it

xmag: THANKS for your feedback. true CC crossovers here are very rare.I'm glad that I broke the myth of it. I hope you will enjoy the story with further developement.

Touch of the wind: Thanks for your feedback. if Alex is a Lycan or Vampire will soon be answered. If you remember the end of Underworld2...everything is possible

omby: Thank you for your feedback. sure the desert wouldn't be fun for either creature but as you remember the end of Underworld2...it's possible.we'll see. as for the Pack thing...Alex has his pack and it will play a big role in this fic. I hope I can fulfill your expectations.

A big THANK YOU to all the other readers. Here is the new part. Enjoy it!!

Feedback is appreciated!

CHAPTER 1

“I knew we’re late. Alex is probably waiting somewhere and he is pissed off. Michael, this is your entire fault.” Maria stated exaggerated as all seven friends entered the airport of Albuquerque.

“How the hell is it my fault when we just arrived here? I wasn’t the one who had spent more than one hour in the bathroom to get all dolled up when you knew it would be a four hour drive. And Alex is never pissed off.”

“To get all dolled up? Let me tell you something, I haven’t seen my best friend for almost six months and you expect me to show up like a bum? Excuse me but there are people who don’t consider just putting on some deodorant as acceptable body hygiene. Seriously, where’s Alex?”

“Calm down, we will find him. Maybe his flight was late. We still can look for him and then if we don’t find him, we go ask at the information booth.” Liz tried to calm Maria down. And she didn’t want that a DeLuca/Guerin fight broke out.

Isabel was too engrossed in her search for Alex to even notice the usual Michael/Maria banter. She swore it was like foreplay for both until they released all their energy in other activities, which she didn’t want to think of too much. Isabel was really excited to see Alex again. She had to admit that she had missed him over the months he had been away. Especially during the time they had to deal with Laurie Dupree, the Gandurium and Grant.

She couldn’t believe that a man she was involved with got hurt or better said died because of their alien heritage. As fast as the thought came Isabel dismissed it quickly. She’d rather thought about Alex and how she could keep him at arm’s length. She could be friends with him but not more. Just friends.

At least he was coming back and all was going to be as normal as it was, hopefully. She just hoped that he already forgot the idea about them both. She didn’t want to get involved with him while there was always the alien threat in their lives. Isabel wanted someone she could turn to but it shouldn’t be Alex. Despite everything they went through together and that he knew everything about her, she didn’t want him. She pushed Alex away because she wanted to protect him. Isabel couldn’t bear the thought that he would get hurt because of them or better said because of her. She needed someone outside the alien life.

Isabel scanned the area for Alex. She still couldn’t see him but she saw a couple standing together. The others also noticed the couple but didn’t comment on it. The couple looked very intimately. The girl had her arms around the man’s waist and one of her hands was down in his hip pocket. Though Isabel never liked any PDA she had to admit that the dark haired guy looked extremely attractive, though his back was turned to her. Nonetheless, she thought there were better places to exchange intimacies.

“God, don’t this people have a home or can’t they take a room so they can get it on there and not here in public.” Isabel growled. She was getting frustrated that they still didn’t find Alex. Maybe they missed him and he went to another part of the airport.

“Relax Iz, we find him. You see there are a lot of people here. Just relax; it’s just a matter of time till we find him. And if necessary we split up and look for him in groups.” Max tried to reason with his sister because he knew the longer it took the more she became frustrated. Max turned to the other remaining teens in order to discuss further ways to look for Alex.

It was Tess, who looked again at the couple they saw before because something was odd about them. She swore she knew the guy from somewhere. It was just then in that moment the guy turned and Tess had a shock. She gasped what got her everyone’s attention. Kyle was immediately by his girlfriends’ site. He never saw her like that before her mouth was literally hanging open and her eyes wide open.

“Tess…what is wrong? Come on tell me. You’re scaring me right now.” Kyle was worried. Tess was still so shocked that she barely could speak in coherent sentences.

“PDA couple…Al…guy…Alex.” Tess stammered but none of the teens could understand what she meant.

“What? Tess calm down and talk in a way we understand you.” Michael ordered what received him glares by the other girls and Kyle. Tess took one deep breath to calm her nerves because she knew it was going to get ugly.

“I think I found Alex.” Tess only raised her arm pointed with her index finger towards the couple, they saw earlier. They saw the man now and couldn’t believe that that was Alex, their Alex, who was tucking a streak of her blonde hair behind her ear.

“WHAT!?” Those were Liz and Maria.

“Whoa! Whitman got a chick.” That was Kyle.

SMACK! That was Tess’ hand which connected with Kyle’s head.

“Hey! Whitman got laid!” that was Michael.

SMACK! Now that was Maria’s hand which connected with Michael’s head.

“Oh my God…” Isabel hushed. The air leaving her lungs as she saw the ‘attractive dark haired guy’. It was indeed Alex. She couldn’t believe her eyes. He looked so different. Everything about him was different. His posture was different. He wore different clothes than his usual baggy clothes. His hair was in a different style. And it seemed that he gained more weight seeing that his physique was more muscular. Then there was this chick with him. Isabel was afraid that she was his new girlfriend but she dismissed that feeling immediately. The girl gave him a kiss on the cheek and went in the opposite direction.

Alex was different. Her Alex changed.

Isabel was still in trance while he moved towards them and looked really happy to see them. He pushed his baggage cart in the direction where his friends stood. Maria who let out a really loud squeal expressing her happiness about Alex’ return ran as fast as she could to embrace her friend in a crushing hug. Maria just jumped into Alex’ arms and clung to him like she was afraid he was going to leave her again. She showered his face with kisses and told him to never ever stay away from her for so long. Alex tried to calm the girl down but he wasn’t succeeding in it as he wished. But Alex had really missed Maria’s ways to show him how much he meant to her.

“Come on DeLuca, the time passed fast. I also really missed you but there are other people who want a hug.”

“They can wait. It’s my Alex time. It’s so good that you are back. I really missed you.” Maria mumbled into the crook of his neck. Seconds later she felt two arms coming around her waist and was pulled away from Alex.

“Let me down, Michael! I mean it. You’ll let me down now or you will regret it.” Maria tried to fight her boyfriend but as usual Michael wasn’t really impressed by her threat.

“Calm down, Blondie.” Michael set Maria back on her own feet who then punched him on the shoulder.

Alex wasn’t really surprised by that behaviour but he didn’t expect less. He was kind of happy that not all had changed while he was away. For now he was happy that he could breathe again after Maria finally released him.

“ALEX!” was Liz enthusiastic cry of happiness. She also embraced her friend in a tight hug and Alex was also hugging her back tightly but being more careful to not hurt her. He knew he still needed to control his powers better.

“So good to be back. My little Lizzie bear, I missed you so much.”

“I missed you, too Alex. Never ever leave us again. It was boring without you here.”

“Stop exaggerating Parker. I don’t believe you.” Alex pulled away from her and took both her hands in his. “You look good and I like the curls in your hair.”

“Thank you. You look amazing. Being away really did well with you. I like your spiked up hair.” Liz giggled as she reached her hand up to touch his spikes.

“Enough with the girl talk and let me greet my ally in this whole crazy stuff we call life.” Kyle was about to greet Alex as Tess grabbed him by his sleeve and pulled him back.

“You wait here Mister. It’s Lady’s first here and you wait.” Tess scolded at her boyfriend and went forward to embrace Alex in a hug. “Welcome back, Alex.”

Alex was surprised by that change in Tess. He couldn’t remember a time that she was friendly to him before he left. There were strange things going on. First Kyle wants to hug him and now Tess. It wasn’t that he didn’t like Tess. It was just that they hadn’t socialized that much or at all. Alex assumed it was probably her relationship with Kyle that had led to a change in her. Alex looked a bit perplexed at his friends who just shrugged their shoulders. Alex was never someone to hold a grudge so he just did the one thing he could do. He hugged Tess back. It was weird for Alex but as he felt that Tess relaxed a bit more, he knew she was happy. He was the last member of their group who still had to accept her.

“You look hot Alex.” Tess giggled as she released him and Alex was again surprised by Tess’ openness. A little blush appeared on his cheeks.

“Thank you, Tess but you shouldn’t mention it again or you boyfriend is going to be mad at me.”

“Damn straight Whitman.”

Isabel just stood still on her spot as she watched her friends. Alex looked so different and he was also behaving different. She looked at him. Isabel always liked to watch him because he had a calm aura what was calming her. He wore a pair of dark blue jeans, which clung to his hips. Add to that the light blue button down shirt with a white t-shirt underneath it and the black leather jacket completed the whole new look. Isabel admitted that she kind of missed his old look. The baggy clothes were just so Alex. It was part of him and seeing him now in that ‘new’ style was weird for her. She expected him to come back and was still that shy and insecure boy who would be clumsy around her. She was wrong. This Alex standing in front of her had a different vibe around him. This Alex was eradiating a confidence and power, Isabel had never seen before. He just looked so powerful. Isabel wanted and needed to know what Alex had done during his exchange program.

As Alex released Tess his eyes were trained on Isabel. He didn’t know how he should react to her. They weren’t close when he had left and they didn’t have much contact while he was away. Sure he had missed her but he also tried to forget about her. And Alex had to admit that he succeeded in that department. He met a lot of girls who had been interested in him and didn’t judge him because of his looks or because he had a strange humour. They liked him for himself. Another reason was that with Alex’ own secret he could keep the others a bit distant to him. He needed to forget her.

Alex looked at Isabel and he couldn’t deny what a beauty she was. It seemed to him that in the last six months she even had become more beautiful to him. But he could see the haunted look in her eyes as if something was bothering her. Nonetheless Isabel preferred to play the role of the perfect girl. Looking perfect and behaving perfectly was her goal everyday so no one would assume that she had a secret because then her existence in a perfect life was over. Alex had to admit that Isabel looked extremely attractive in her pair of tight black jeans, the purple top and the black leather coat she wore, the black boots she wore completed her outfit. It hurt Alex to do what he had planned to do but he was going to keep her away from him. She was just a friend and not more. Slowly Alex approached the tall girl. He didn’t know how to do it but in the last months he learned how to suppress his feelings. He learned how to have the absolute control about his feelings. The moment he would lose this control he would snap.

Then no one would be safe from him.

“Hey Iz, good to see you after the long time.” Alex engulfed Isabel in an awkward hug. He was feeling uncomfortable being so close to her. It felt right but also wrong at the same time.

“Yeah, good to have you back, too.” Isabel mumbled into his shoulder. It didn’t feel like usually when she was hugging him. It was odd. It was as if he was putting a distance between them. On the one hand she was worried that he forgot about her. On the other hand she was hoping they could remain friends. She knew she didn’t treat him good when he was still in Roswell but Isabel hoped he would still be a part of her life somehow. As Alex loosened his hold on her, Isabel wanted to remain more in his arms just as a proof that everything was going to be normal between them. As soon as she was standing there she watched as the other guys went to greet Alex in their typical manly half hugs.

As the rituals of greeting were over Alex suggested that they should go and hit the road. It was still a long drive to Roswell. Alex found again Maria standing in front of him blocking his way for further movements. Her arms were crossed over her chest; she was tapping her foot and had a look that screamed trouble. Alex knew that Maria was agitated about something.

“Is there anything you want Maria? Because I recommend that we now better hit the road.”

“Who was that bi…girl we saw you with?” Maria asked with a slight angry undertone. Alex didn’t like her tone and he suppressed the urge to snap at her for sticking her nose in his business.

“A girl I met on the plane as we were in London.” Alex replied short. He tried to keep his anger out of his tone.

“That’s it. Because from my point of view you two looked very cosy over there.”

“Yeah, good observation. We met and we talked.” Alex revealed with a shrug of shoulders. He knew that his girls were going to get angry but he didn’t care. It wasn’t that he didn’t care for his friends. He just didn’t want that they stuck their noses in his business. Alex could see how Maria was getting angrier with every passing second. Before ‘Hurrican’ DeLuca could rise and it would cause a scene at the airport, Liz interfered.

“Well, Alex what Maria and I actually would like to know is why…why. What I try to say is…”Liz stammered because she was certainly embarrassed to ask this question.

“What did the chick’s hand do on your ass?” Michael interrupted.

“MICHAEL!” the other teens yelled in union.

“What? You all want it to know but as usual I am the one asking.” Michael defended himself.

“She gave me her number. Like I said before, I met her on the plane. Her name is Monica and she attends the University of Las Cruces. We got along pretty well and she has invited me to come visit her on the campus next weekend. She wants to show me around and show me a bit of the college lifestyle. And her roommate is away next weekend and it wouldn’t be safe for a girl to be alone in her dorm. So I’ll visit her.” Alex told his friends smugly. Alex hoped that his friends better not say anything more.

Isabel couldn’t believe her ears. He was going to meet another girl. A girl that wasn’t her. It wasn’t the thought that Alex was meeting another girl was bothering her because she dated as well other guys before dating Alex so she had no right to feel angry about that fact. It was more the fact that he was going to spend a weekend alone with a strange girl in said girl’s apartment. He was going to be alone with her. Isabel didn’t want to think about the activities they would participate. Also she couldn’t believe that Alex would go to a girl he barely knew just to have ‘fun’ with her.

“Excuse me what…what…what did you say about doing what with the girl?” Maria stuttered about this new revelation. The other teens just could look at Alex and Maria as they had their banter.

“What do you think I’m going to do with a girl alone in her apartment? Probably doing her. Please, it’s not as if I want to marry that girl. She is just a pickup.” with that said Alex turned to Liz grabbed her, picked her up and put her on the baggage cart and finally smiled at the brunette.

“Now, let’s hit the road so we can start my WELCOME HOME PARTY.”

Alex exclaimed and pushed the cart towards the exit. On the one way fleeing Maria’s questions and on the other hand starting his secret life in Roswell.

~TBC~
chanks_girl
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Deep Darkness (XO with Underworld; CC, adult)Chapter 1 20/3

Post by chanks_girl »

I wanted to thank all for the feedback. It's great to see that you enjoy the story. in this part, which is long, you get to know if Alex is a Vampire or Lycan. Thought it's not told how it exactly happened. When you watchedthe Underworld movies you know that everything could be possible here.

Touch of the wind: I'm glad to see that you enjoy this Alex. He is truly different from our old loveable Alex but not much. He still can be sweet and caring. if the time asks for it.

Ava: Squealing, huh? That's good. Like killjoy told you when it comes to A&I there is only CC for me but who knows here...A&I have a long way to go. I always loved the friendship between Maria, Liz and Alex. It was sad that the writers of the show didn't work on that...so much possibilities. Bless fanfiction for that.

killjoy: Come on, I got the challenge from you and you not wanting K&T....that's the apocalypse. you can look forward there is more to come with them. Glad youlike Michael and Kyle...they're like themselves. As for the Maria, she just cares for her friend and will learn that knowing everything isn't great.

jake17: Thanks for your feedback. Yep...Alex is quite the leader here. as for the Lycan thing....keep reading and you find out.

Buddha-Boy: Thank you fro the feedback. As for Isabel treating Alex like a doormat...She won't have the chance for it because this Alex is not the lovesick guy walking behind her. Isabel will struggle to accept the changes she sees. I love Kyle. The boys being friends is an aim for me because I want to focus on the different friendships as well. I always thought that the boys had the dynamic to be great friends.

DeDe PR: Thank you for your feedback. It will take some time until the Roswell gang finds out about Alex and what are his powers. Keep reading and you find out.

The new part is rather long and focuses more on Alex' situation after he returns.

I hope you enjoy it.

CHAPTER 2

“What do you mean you moved? Where shall I live when I come back?” Alex asked with an angry voice.

“Young man, don’t use that tone with me. I am still your father. Like I said, your mother and I moved. I have been transferred to Glensdale, Arizona. I know that the news is probably shocking…”

“Are you shitting me? Three weeks before I return you’re telling me that there is no home for me when I come back. What do you expect from me? That I am happy about that. Hell no, what about me? It’s the middle of the semester. I can’t change school like that. My friends and my life are in Roswell. If you forgot I’m only 17 years old. So you better have a real good solution because let me tell you, I don’t want to move to Arizona.” Alex interrupted his father. He could feel his anger rising and it took every pound of control so that Alex wouldn’t smash anything near him.

“Watch your tone, boy. Do you really think we didn’t look for a solution for you? I know that your life is in Roswell and we didn’t want to move in the middle of the school year. Look, I’m sorry that it has turned out the way it did. I spoke with my attorney and he said we could emancipate you for the time before your 18th birthday. “Mr Whitman tried to calm his son.

“Whatever, Dad. Look I have to go.” With that said Alex hung up. He took some deep breaths to calm down.

Alex awoke from his nap. The memory fresh in his mind as he remembered that there was no home in Roswell for him when he would return. He couldn’t understand his parents. They just moved away without telling him a word until three weeks before his return they called him. How can you look forward to go home when there was nothing to call a home? If it wasn’t for Selene insisting that he should return and she would take care of the living arrangements, Alex probably had stayed with his new friends. But then Alex remembered his promise to Maria and Liz that he wouldn’t leave them alone.

He sat with Max, Liz and Isabel in the Evans’ SUV. Alex and Isabel shared the backseat. He made sure to put as much distance between them as possible. It wasn’t that Alex didn’t like Isabel anymore. Moreover, Alex was afraid of what he would do when they were too close. He still had to figure out what he should do. He couldn’t avoid her the whole time. But for now, Alex didn’t want to think about his dysfunctional relationship to Isabel.

For now he was just glad that Max had his parent’s SUV and Tess brought hers along. As the guys finished putting his bags in the cars, Michael and Kyle suggested that the guys and girls drove separated and immediately a fight between Michael and Maria and then Tess and Kyle had broken out. It turned out that Michael and Kyle just wanted to ride with the other two boys so they could interrogate Alex about his ‘activities’ in Europe and what he planned to do with the girl he just met when he was going to visit her in Las Cruces. The discussion ended when Maria and Tess pulled their boyfriends by their earlobes to Tess’ car and seated them in the backseat.

Alex looked out the window and enjoyed the view of the desert that displayed before him. He couldn’t wait until he was in Roswell and enjoy a nice meal with his friends. He took off his sunglasses and looked at the other occupants of the car. Max and Liz were sitting in front. Max was mostly focused on driving but once in a while he would glance at Liz and give her a smile, which she returned. As Alex turned to look at Isabel, she was staring out the window. She seemed to be miles away with her thoughts. The music was quiet in the background but at least there was a sound in the car. It seemed liked all teens were lost in their own world. Alex thought it was time to have a little fun. He reached over and nudged Isabel slightly. She wore a shocked expression as he touched her. ‘Wanna have fun?’ Alex mouthed to Isabel.

She wasn’t quite sure what he meant but she knew that he would make her laugh with whatever he came up. She missed it to laugh with him. She could see the mischievous sparkle in his eyes. At first, Isabel didn’t know if she could sit with him in the backseat. Her problem was that she still didn’t figure out what they were. Exes, friends or were they just two people who knew each other through friends? Alex held a special place in her life for being the first one who liked her for her and not because of her looks. Just being able to be his friend was good for her. At least she hoped, Alex would want her friendship and didn’t push her away. Feeling that it was now time to take a new chance with Alex, Isabel decided it was better to have a good friend than having none. Still not knowing what Alex had planned she mouthed back ‘Sure’. Alex counted till three and then took a deep breath and screamed with a childish voice.

“ARE WE THERE YET?”

Max was so shocked by that the car swerved a bit, until he got it under control again. Liz was just as bewildered as Max. Isabel was fighting hard with herself for not laughing out loud; instead she decided to join her partner in crime. Behind them, Tess was honking like a mad woman because the occupants of the car didn’t know what was going on.

“Are we there yet?” Isabel asked in a high pitched voice that matched the voice of a four year old. She was rewarded with a big smile by Alex.

“Isabel, not you, too.” Max scolded his sister. But he was happy that she was smiling so he couldn’t stay mad at her.

“Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?” Alex and Isabel repeated the question together over and over again.

Defeated Max didn’t try to stop his sister and their friend. Instead he remained calm so he wouldn’t give in their game. While Max was busy with ignoring the occupants of the backseat, Liz was dialling Maria’s cell phone to explain to her that Alex and Isabel were just behaving like kids. While Liz explained what was going on, Max was finally having enough of Isabel and Alex.

“Would two stop it already? No, we aren’t there yet. And now you both be quiet.”

Alex and Isabel stopped their childish behaviour but as soon as Max focused on his driving they burst out laughing. The only thing Liz could do was shaking her head after hanging up on Maria.

As Alex’ cell phone rang, he stopped laughing to answer it. Isabel looked at him while he checked the caller ID. Immediately a frown appeared on Alex’ face as he answered it. Isabel listened to his side of the conversation.

“Hey Mom, how are you?”

“Yeah, we’re still on our way to Roswell. The flight was good.”

“Do you really want to talk about it now? Because last time I checked, you and Dad didn’t care much about my whereabouts as you suddenly moved away.” Alex was growling and Isabel never thought that the day came she would hear Alex Whitman growl.

“If you don’t like my tone then we better stop this conversation before…” Alex was interrupted. With every passing second he was getting more and more angry. He needed to do something fast before he would do something he would regret later. Clenching his free hand into a fist, Alex decided it was better to finish the conversation with his mother before anything or better said he was getting out of control.

“Suddenly you want to know where I’m going to live. Tell you when I know it myself. Bye.” Alex said it and hung up.

The other three other teens were shocked and surprised by Alex’ behaviour. They never saw him react like that especially to his parents. He was known to be a well-mannered, caring young man. Therefore, they could understand his resentment towards his parents. They just decided to move away when their son was on another continent and he didn’t know anything about their plans. It seemed more that the Whitman’s forgot that their son had a life in Roswell. This was the place where Alex had his friends, school and had spent the majority of his life. But the biggest surprise was when they heard through the grapevine, that the Whitman’s didn’t tell Alex about the moving away. It was more three weeks before his return and after they moved away that they had told him about it. Neither Liz nor Maria or someone other knew what would happen when he came back. Max glanced worriedly at Liz. She wanted to help her friend but Liz knew this topic was a delicate subject for Alex. She was going to give it a try.

“Alex?” Liz tried to get her friend talking to her. She hoped he would open up to her.

“Don’t.”

Alex slid on his sunglasses and distanced himself from the other teens by his behaviour. Suddenly a tension engulfed the four occupants as they drove down the highway to their hometown. It was funny how fast the mood could change. Isabel wanted to say something but she knew sometimes it’s better to say nothing. Again, the ringing of Alex’ cell phone brought the teens out of their thoughts. It rang longer than necessary; Alex took his time to answer it. As he pulled out of his jacket looking at the caller ID, a smile appeared on Alex’ face as he answered the call.

“Hey pumpkin, how are you?” Alex chuckled as he was talking to the caller.

“Aw…admit it you love it when I call you that.”

“Yeah, the flight was alright and no I didn’t get in any trouble. Why the hell would you think that?”

“Uh…no, I didn’t.”

“Yeah, they could but the conversation wasn’t very…you know…not good.”

“I know, Pumpkin. Bye.”

Alex hung up suddenly feeling lonely. He missed Selene, Michael and Leanna. They understood him and they know how to help him with his new abilities. The rest of the drive Alex wasn’t in the mood to interact with his friends. He needed to cope with this situation on his own.

Isabel was curious. She wanted to know with whom Alex was talking but she knew better than to ask.

After an hour the teens finally arrived in Roswell. It was weird for Alex as he saw the WELCOME TO ROSWELL sign. He knew that this was his home but somehow it didn’t feel like it. After his phone call with Selene, he had realized how much he missed his new friends. Maybe he was just too long away to feel home in Roswell. Alex needed to give it some time but it was going to be hard for without his new friends, who could help him with his powers. Alex was able to control himself but there was always the fear that he would snap and lose his control. He knew he couldn’t let his friends know what he was and what he did while he was away. He had killed and he didn’t regret what he had done. It was his fate now. To kill or get killed. An immortal life full of a war he didn’t want to participate, battles and deaths he couldn’t prevent.

A feeling of regret, remorse and anger swept over him. Alex wanted nothing more than to tell them his secret but they wouldn’t understand it. He was a killer, it didn’t matter if Vampires or humans. Alex already killed both. They wouldn’t understand the war that had gone on for like 1000 years. They wouldn’t understand his part in this whole war. He was a Lycan, an animal that knew nothing else than death. Alex suppressed the thoughts as he saw the Crashdown.

Max turned into the parking lot of the Crashdown and with that Alex was home. Max shut the engine down and Alex immediately climbed out of the car not waiting for the others. He needed to breathe, he needed a clear head. He took several deep breathes to calm his mind so he could focus on his friends. He had enough time to think about that all. To be honest he had more than one life time for thinking.

As also the second car arrived, the teens walked together into the Crashdown. As Alex entered the restaurant he could call his second living room, he gazed at the banner that read WELCOME HOME ALEX- THE BOY WHO CONQUERED EUROPE and a big smile appeared on his face as he saw what else his friends did for him. There were tables covered with bowls with chips, Doritos, cheese balls and cookies and different kind of chocolate bars. Alex felt like Charlie Bucket in the chocolate factory. He couldn’t believe what his friends did for him, a junk food paradise just for him. Then through the door out of the backroom came Mr Parker, who approached Alex with a bright and warm smile.

“Welcome home, son. Good to have you back Alex.” Mr Parker hugged the young man in front of him. Alex was stunned to silence because he was still overwhelmed by his friends actions.

“Uhm…Thanks Mr P. It’s good to be back.”

“I have to admit the trip really did you good. You look great. Alright Liz, the place is yours but remember that tomorrow is school so don’t party too long.”

“Okay, thanks Daddy.” Liz replied and the rest of the group also thanked their host for having the party.

As the teens were finally alone, Michael walked into the kitchen to work the grill to prepare burgers, French fries and some Saturn rings. Maria and Liz filled pitches with different sodas. The remaining teens took a seat in a booth. Tess, Kyle and Max sat on one side and Isabel and Alex were going to sit opposite from them. Before Alex took a seat next to Isabel, he took off his jacket and rolled up the sleeves of his button down shirt. It was Tess’ gasp that drew the attention to Alex. There on his left forearm was a tribal tattoo, which covered his skin from his elbow to nearly his wrist.

“Oh my God Alex, tell me that this is not what I think it is.” Tess exclaimed as she stared at his arm. Tess’ reaction gained also Max’, Kyle’s and Isabel’s attention, who right then saw the tattoo.

“What do you think it is what you see?” Alex asked without answering straight the girl’s question.

“You know what I mean and stop playing games.” Tess scolded at Alex, while Kyle and Isabel’s jaws had hit the floor and Liz and Maria came running to the table to see what was going on.

“OH MY GOD ALEX!” was Liz’ squeal when she reached for Alex’ arm to examine his body art.

“My oh my Alex…I’m impressed.” Maria looked at the tattoo intense. She was really impressed but that also showed her that her life time friend truly changed while he was away.

It wasn’t for the worse. He just changed. There was an aura around him which he didn’t possess before. It screamed power and confidence that Alex didn’t have before.

“Nice tattoo, Alex.” Max grinned at his friend because he knew that Alex couldn’t escape the questions, which the girls were going to fire at him. Just then Michael came back from the kitchen, both hands full with trays which contained the food.

“Not bad man.” Michael murmured under his breathe as he placed the trays on the table.

“Yeah, I second that.” Kyle agreed with his friend.

“That must hurt like hell.” Isabel said. Her eyes still fixed on the tattoo, which graced Alex’ skin. She suppressed the desire to stroke her fingers across his skin.

“Actually…I don’t know well better said I don’t remember.” Alex replied sheepishly as scratched his head.

“Huh…how come? Either it’s painful or not that painful.” Michael exclaimed confused.

“To be honest, uhm when I got it…well…”

“Well what?” Kyle interrupted his friend, who seemed to struggle with phrasing his answer.

“I was wasted when I got it, okay. I was so drunk I didn’t even realize that I got a tattoo until the next morning when I felt a stinging pain in my arm and saw the bandage around my arm.”

The Crashdown was quiet after that revelation. It was unbelievable that Alex Whitman, known as geeky music-crazed boy with two girls as best friends, had got drunk. He was more the quiet, shy and responsible kind of guy. Sure, Alex liked having fun and he was a great entertainer but the imagination that he was drunk was too good.

“Man, I wished I had seen it. Alex Whitman being drunk and then getting his tattoo.” Kyle was laughing out loud and the others followed suit. Everyone was now laughing at the image. Michael wore his usual smirk.

“Yeah…laugh on my behalf. But let me tell you, I’m funny when I drink…too much…I think.” Alex pouted what caused to make the others laugh harder. He grabbed a burger started eating.

“I’d have loved to see that. Seriously Alex, it looks great and it fits you.” Maria assured her friend.

“I think it’s cool and tattoos are sexy.” Liz admitted. Just as she was about to bite into her burger she noticed the stares of her friends. Feeling watched Liz blushed and ducked her head.

“Sexy. You think I’m sexy Liz.” Alex grinned at her, enjoying her discomfort.

“Burgers are sexy…and my Max.” Liz mumbled into her food while Isabel groaned not needing to hear her brother’s girlfriend gushing about him.

The others erupted in a fit of laughers at the whole display.

As the laughers died down, the teens sat together to eat peacefully. Everyone enjoyed the closeness of the group. It was a long time ago that they were all together. In that specific moment every one of them forgot the problems, dramas and changes they experienced in the last couple of months. For now they were eight normal teens. It was still surreal for Alex what happened in the last months to him but he knew he wouldn’t trade it for anything else. Alex stood up and excused himself using the restrooms.

“He seems to be different…in a good way.” Max said to no one particularly but it got everyone’s attention.

“Yeah there’s this whole new vibe around him but I can’t put my finger on it.” Michael agreed with his friend.

“It was obvious that he would come back changed. I mean he travelled through Europe on his own. He met new people who showed him a new perspective of life. I’m sure he made new friends with whom he shares a special bond like with us. Alex is more open about himself and he has now that confidence around him that we haven’t seen before. In my opinion, the trip did him well.” Tess confessed.

“I know and you also know it, but it’s strange after such a long time to see him and like that. Honestly, I expected something like that. He needed this trip and I always knew that Alex was going to be the first of us who leaves and conquers the world. It just seems like he matured so fast and without us. I always thought it would be Liz, Alex and me together but he had done it alone. And I am happy for him…I think we just have to get used to that.” Maria uttered her opinion. The conversation died down as Alex came back.

“What are we talking about?”

“You, as usual.” Liz retorted

“I know, you think I’m sexy.” Alex wriggled his eyebrows at his friend.

“I DO NOT. I like your tattoo, that’s it.” Liz defended herself as everyone was laughing on her expense. The laughter stopped as Maria slapped Alex on his shoulder and she scowled at him.

“What I was joking with Liz?” Alex rubbed his shoulder, pretending that it hurt.

“It’s not that. You broke your promise, to write everyday and call once in a while. There were two weeks where we heard nothing from you.” Alex looked a bit surprised but he understood where Maria was coming from.

“Uhm…I didn’t contact you because I…I had a pneumonia and lied for two weeks in a hospital. I’m sorry.” Alex lied to his friends. He didn’t want to lie but it was needed. He couldn’t reveal the truth to them. Thinking about that time made Alex’ blood froze in his veins. As fast as the memories came, he suppressed them.

“Oh my God, Alex why didn’t you say something? Who took care of you?” Isabel asked shocked at this revelation.

“Why didn’t you contact your parents or us?” Liz asked

“I don’t know. My parents were busy with moving and we didn’t talk that much when I was away. Therefore, I also didn’t want to worry you. I mean there was nothing that either one of you could have done. Fortunately, I met some really nice people who took care of me. We became friends and got really close. Michael, that was the doctor, and Selene, his girlfriend, took care of me and they even helped me with my trip.” Alex confessed a part of his time in Europe.

“Alex, why didn’t you come…”

“For what, Liz? There was nothing here. My parents suddenly decide to move away but they don’t tell me. I didn’t have a home at that time. So I stayed with people I met and who were generous enough to let me stay with them.” Alex interrupted Liz.

He was getting frustrated with the whole situation. He didn’t want to lie but it was needed now.

Not liking that the mood changed, Kyle thought it was time to interfere.

“So Whitman, when do we get to see the pictures of the hot Swedish chicks?”

“KYLE!” Tess yelled at her boyfriend who still needed to learn to not sound like a sexist and chauvinistic guy.

“Buddha…sorry Tess, you know you are the only one for me. So what about the pictures of hot Swedish babes?” Kyle repeated his question just using another term.

“I give up why do I even try.” Tess murmured.

Alex had to chuckle at the antics of the couple,”Yeah, there are some pictures of the people I have met. You get to see them soon.” That was all Alex said.

“But you made pictures, right?” Now that was Michael, who received a slap to the shoulder by his girlfriend.

“Pervert.”

“You love it.”

“You’ll see when the time comes.”

“Aww…come on man.”

“Kyle, he said he will do it so stop whining like a little boy.”

“But I…”

“Kyle shut it.” Maria ordered and no one dared to contradict her. “First, we girls get to see the pictures of hot European guys.”

“HEY!” Kyle and Michael expressed their objection to Maria’s remark.

“What?”

“Why are we perverts when we ask for pictures and you girls are allowed to ask and get them?” Michael inquired.

“Easy, we are girls and when we ask for something, it shows we have taste. When you and Babe, the pig ask for it you have dirty minds.” Maria justified.

“Whatever.”

“Okay…Let’s talk about something else. You could tell me what happened here in Roswell while I was away.” Alex asked no one particularly.

It took some time until some of the others felt the need to reply. It was a bit difficult after everything that had happened with the Skins, the dupes and then the whole Laurie Dupree debacle. Add to that the whole ordeal with Future Max, the teens didn’t know where to start. Silently the six teens decided that Max should be the one to tell Alex about the last months, since he was also their leader. So six pair of eyes turned to Max.

“Ahh...Max I think you have the honour to enlighten me.” Alex grinned at his fiend.

“Yeah, I do. Let me think where I begin…”

“How about when I already left.” Alex supposed hoping he could make it easier for Max.

The suggestion helped Max so he told him about the skins, as they had gone to Copper Summit and met for the first time the Skins. He told him about the harvest and how they destroyed it. Unfortunately the Skins came to Roswell and had used a device to make all humans disappear. Tess being the one, who was able to destroy them. Not long after that appeared the dupes, who followed their own agenda, especially Lonnie and Rath, who killed Zan, going to New York with them where Nicholas was awaiting him. Max told him how the summit failed and that Lonnie and Rath tried to hurt Tess and that Nicholas could escape again. Max skipped the part about the ghost who haunted him. Then there was the whole Laurie Dupree story, Michael having the DNA of Charles Dupree, Laurie’s grandfather, Isabel having those weird dreams and then how the sheriff almost lost his job because of that. Laurie’s escape from the Sheriff’s home, Michael and Maria going with her to Tucson. Finally the Gandurium, an alien parasite that was brought with their ship and had diseased the area around it and also used Grant Sorenson as host. The next thing was the ‘showdown’ in Tucson as Sorenson kidnapped Isabel and took her with him to Tucson. Then Michael being shot and Sorenson then getting shot by the FBI Agent Duff. It was needless to say that Alex felt no remorse about Sorenson’s death. As Alex thought that that was all and Max finished, Liz chimed in.

Liz started with the night Maria and she went to Madame Vivian and what the woman told her about her relationship to Max. Maria took that moment to tell Alex about Courtney and Michael whom she had caught in the hussy’s apartment. Alex glared evilly at Michael for hurting Maria, which scared Michael a bit. Never seeing before Alex getting angry at him but Michael didn’t let on about it. Liz preceded her story with the night Future Max appeared. She told her friend about Future Max and everything that had happened. She told him about the future version of Max 14 years from the future, who asked her to get Max and Tess together and making young Max falling out of love with her. She told him about the set up with Kyle pretending that they had had sex. Though in the old past, Max planned to get intimate with her. That information earned Max the evil glare that already Michael had received and it frightened Max to his core. She told Alex about the hurt, the pain and devastation they all felt because of it. It was then a week after Christmas that Liz confessed her actions. First she confessed to Max and then she had told the whole group. It would be an understatement to say that they all had had the shock of their lives.

Though Kyle didn’t what the whole scheming was about, he didn’t regret that he had helped Liz. The price he paid was that Tess became distant to him and he suffered because of her treatment. After the revelation, Tess found it hard to stay mad at him and slowly they developed their relationship.

Alex was shocked at everything he heard

“So let me get it straight: Aliens that shred like snakes; then there are the dupes who are your look alike. Just that Lonnie chick is a murderous bitch and that Rath guy is a horny murderous bastard and you don’t know where they are. Next there is Future Max who fucked up because he listened to his Liz version…remind me not to follow any of your plans…at last there is Laurie Dupree, who is your surrogate sister, who was kidnapped, we have alien parasites who infected Sorenson and then he died as he got shot. I got it right, right?”

“Yes, you got it.” Tess acknowledged for him

“Alright, then I have one question. How self righteous and arrogant can you two be, Max and Liz?” he inquired with a voice no one heard. Alex’ voice was laced with anger and disgust.

“What do you mean? Liz and I didn’t do anything that…” Max tried to defend himself but Alex interrupted him.

“That is the problem, Max. You didn’t do anything back in that old timeline and then in ours. How can you believe that the relationship of two people can influence the fate of a whole planet? How stupid or blind are you all. It wasn’t your love that was responsible for Khivar coming to earth. He came because he could. But you gave up before you could see the options of defeating him. The best is you blame it all on one Person. Tess now or later or whatever didn’t do anything to fuck up. Hell, any reason for her to leave was out of the window when you started to push her away. Instead of going to her and telling her the possibilities of having her as friend, you went and hurt her. You pushed and pushed until she gave up. Look at her now; she has what she always wanted. A family that cares for her and loves her for her. all that doesn’t matter because Max’ and Liz’ is more important than everything. How the hell could you think that you both are responsible are responsible for it. Next we learn is that Max is responsible for the melting of the polar caps because our dear King jerks off under the shower.” Alex finished his rant. He couldn’t believe how naïve they could be.

“Hey. Now you go too far. Do you think I want all that?” Max was enraged about Alex accusations. He didn’t like one bit what he heard.

“Okay, guys calm down, please. We’re here to celebrate and not to argue. We talk about all that another time. Now we just want to enjoy this party.” Kyle tried to cool down both boys. He didn’t want to see any arguments tonight.

“Alright. Sorry.” was Alex’ short reply.

“Alright, I didn’t want to go off as well.”

“Man…so did Sorenson dig his own grave?” Alex asked shameless with a hint of humour in his voice, which shocked everyone.

“What? Alex this isn’t funny…that thing came breaking out of his ribcage.” Isabel exclaimed shocked about Alex’ statement. She couldn’t believe that he was happy for Grant’s death.

“Why I didn’t like him and won’t pretend that I’m sorry for what happened. He was just a trouble maker. You wanted to get rid of him. Okay, so it has happened the unconventional way, who cares.” Alex replied as he turned to Isabel and looked her in the eyes.

“Look, I don’t want to fight with you about it but that is my perspective of the things. So, sorry…If you suffered from the loss. And with that said, I say good night and I see tomorrow in school. “Alex got up and put his jacket on. He excused himself to go and call a cab. Though Tess offered to drive him, Alex declined since his new home is on the other part of the town and he still needed to meet the real estate agent to get the keys.

As the cab came and Alex loaded his stuff in the trunk he told everyone good night and drove off. Not believing that Roswell didn’t change a bit.

~TBC~
chanks_girl
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Deep Darkness (UW,XO,CC,ADULT)*AN,p.4; 01/19

Post by chanks_girl »

I’m sorry for my updating skills. I try to improve them. The new part is ready. I’m grateful for all the bumps and for those of you who keep reading the fic. With each part, a bit of Alex’ experiences will be told. But you’ll see for yourself. Thanks for the feedback.

Killjoy:
Alex’ parents suck. There’s no other way to say it. As for the K&T action…there’ll be more.

DeDe PR:
Thank you. I always thought the guys had the potential to form a great friendship. They’re so different but they have also a lot in common. As for Alex and his control, he still needs to control himself. You have to imagine that his hormones are more vivid than of a normal human being. You can say he reacts very sensitive to situations. He still needs to learn it. Alex is a newbie.

Jake17: Thank you. I love Alex also in this. It’s fun to write him more forcefully and different but there are still character traits we know from the show.

PML: You’re right. Things will get very complicated within the group because the changes in Alex are too obvious. Both sites will have to adjust to the situation Alex changed a big deal due to the Lycans genes he now has. He still needs to learn how to control himself and his powers. Besides he needs to keep the façade up as long as possible. Both, Maria and Isabel, will make things complicated in their own way. Isabel will probably be more active than she thought. Both girls want to know why those changes happened and both have their ways. We’ll see who has more success. As for the Vampires and Lycans, they’ll be a bit in the background for now but with the development of the story they become more and more important for the story.

Xmag: You’re right, a lot has happened in Roswell and so far I’d say nothing can shock the Pod Squad. Yet we have to consider the differences of the two secrets. You know how Michael felt after killing Pierce and how Isabel felt for killing Whitaker; Alex wouldn’t feel this way. He doesn’t think he did something wrong when he kills someone/-thing. He has a lower tolerance for killing than others. It’s part of him, the instinct of killing. While the aliens don’t think so. In addition, Alex doesn’t feel guilt or remorse. He’d do anything to save himself. True, danger is the gang’s best friend but for now they have peace so there’s no need to tell.

Stockman: Woohoo new reader. Welcome. I didn’t know from the beginning which being Alex should be. But as I thought about the story and which way I want it to go, I saw him more as Lycan. I have to admit, I see the Lycans as more brutal than the Vampires. That’s what attracted me to making Alex into a Lycan. As for him recognizing his beloved in his Lycan state, we’ll see. But you’re right, it’s more dangerous him being a Lycan than being a Vampire.

Cjsl8ne: welcome. Here’s the new part.

Roswellian117: Welcome as well. Good to know you enjoy the story.

Have fun reading and I hope you like.

CHAPTER 3

The club was crowded and the beat of the music engulfed everyone in its rhythm. It seduced the people to dance. Alex stood next to the bar. He watched everybody. Especially the females caught his eye. It wasn’t that Alex was on the hunt for women but he wanted to have a good time. He didn’t really need to care about his behaviour nor how he should behave around them. They didn’t know him. They would never get to know him. Here in Prague, Alex was a nameless face. He would never meet again one of those people. He could let go for once.

Here Alex could be whoever he wanted to be. He wasn’t the geek. He was just a boy looking for a good time.

Alex sipped a bit of his drink. He still couldn’t believe how easy it was to get an alcoholic drink. No ID controls or further questions while ordering. It was pretty different to Roswell here. Everything was freer. The life style was different. Alex wasn’t going to complain. He liked the way of life he had encountered on his tour through European cities. It was obvious to him that he changed personally. It would be interesting to see if he could adjust to his life in Roswell. A place, where he was good old, geeky Alex Whitman. Truth to be told, Alex didn’t want to have the image anymore. He changed during his stay. He matured and appreciated life more. There was more to life. There was more to the life in Roswell. During his stay in Europe, he realized everything was different from what he knew. The people were different. They didn’t judge you immediately by your look or what you like or how you behave. They get to know you then decide if they liked you or disliked you. The teens in Roswell could take some lessons.

As he looked over the dance floor, a brunette girl had caught his eye. He held her gaze. Alex didn’t know what he should do. He still wasn’t used to attracting the attention of women. It had happened several times that women in their thirties hit on him. It was just for the thrill for being with an American. Alex didn’t understand it but he wasn’t going to argue about it. This trip was about having fun, forgetting the alien abyss and being on his own for this time. Though the brunette was flirting with him, Alex wasn’t interested in getting to know her.

He didn’t know why but something about her seemed to be off. Maybe his paranoia was kicking in but Alex didn’t feel comfortable being observed by her. There was something about her that was just screaming danger. Her eyes never left him. He walked away from the bar and went over to the ‘Chill Zone’ of the club. He hoped that there he could find some peace. He didn’t mind being the chased one.

In the last months, it became easier for him to talk to women without his usual stuttering though the blush still remained. It was still surreal for him that girls were really interested in him. Therefore he was very careful with whom he socialized. Normally the majority of the girls he met were like him travelling around or he met them in cafés, museums or clubs. Though he didn’t have to care about parental control or any other power of interference, he was very cautious. So far he couldn’t complain about his experiences. Yet the girl that was eying him from the other corner was bothering him.

The dancing masses had to have blocked the strange girl’s view of him because she changed her position and had a good view of him. Therefore, she was still able to follow him.

A bad feeling overcame him. He didn’t like his current situation. He didn’t like the stares the girl gave him.

It had been hard to get rid of her. It was almost a miracle that he could get away from her putting a distance between them. Yet her stalking tendency was more than worrying him. It was scaring him. Looking around for another escape way, Alex had to realize there was none.

The place was too packed; there was no way for him to move fast so he could shake her off.

Maybe his life in Roswell was catching up with him or maybe his literally alienated life had made him paranoid but Alex knew something was wrong.

Though everyone around him was dancing and enjoying a good time, he couldn’t shake off the feeling that something bad was about to happen. When he was about to walk towards the closest exit, he came face to face with the strange girl. And before Alex could utter a word, hell broke out.

Startled by his dream, Alex sat up in the bed. Covered in sweat and breathing heavily, Alex was irritated by his surroundings. Confused and still frightened, he shut his eyes hoping to be able to gain his composure. Silently, Alex prayed that he was in his bed and not back in the place that had changed his life forever.

The dreams were still haunting him. For months he hadn’t been able to sleep peacefully. Every night he dreamt of his change. Every night the pictures of blood and corpses hunted him. He could literally smell and taste the blood. Its aroma lingering in the air provoked a nauseating reaction by Alex. Worse was the feeling of his own blood running down his body soaking his clothes with it until his covered skin also felt wet.

Taking several deep breaths to calm down, Alex pushed his memories away. It wasn’t the time to think about it. Today he had to face school again. It was kind of amusing for him since he probably would have to go to school for the next decades; it wasn’t necessary for him since he had all time in the world to go to school.

Having been able to forget now the disturbing images, Alex got up to get ready for school. When he entered the bathroom, Alex looked at his reflection regarding the scar on his shoulder. Three inches were the reminder of that night; everyday he looked at it reminding himself that nothing was the same. Everything had changed. A simple scar reminded him.

He hated the scar.

Though it was the last injury Alex received, it was a constant reminder of a life gone. He accepted his new life and everything that came with it.

However it wasn’t possible to tell Maria and Liz. It was too dangerous for them to know. It was just a matter of time until he probably had to leave so they could be safe. There was no doubt that both girls would stand by him but the less they knew the safer they were.

As long as he could, he would keep both girls safe by shutting them out of his new life.

They couldn’t know. So Alex had decided they didn’t need to know. It hurt him to do that but he wouldn’t risk endangering them.

In addition, it would be hard to explain the killing. Alex was convinced that they wouldn’t understand it. It was his natural instinct; and he had already been in situations, which didn’t leave the option to let his foe still breathing.

A cold ran down his spine whenever Alex thought of the killing.

Sometimes it scared him how easy it was for him to end a life. There was no regret, no remorse and no guilt. In the beginning it had been scary how easy it had been for him to kill. Now, he didn’t think about it anymore. He couldn’t change it. It was a part of him. He couldn’t deny it.

Therefore, it was either his life or the other’s.

Shaking off those dark thoughts, Alex began to get ready for school.

“Oh…oh…we need to… to get to…to class…”

“We’ve got enough time. Let’s enjoy ourselves.”

“I hope this isn’t going…going to be a hickey…God, Kyle. You need to stop…not that spot.”

“We…have…15 minutes before class starts.” Kyle replied to his frantic girlfriend and got back to trailing kisses down her throat before he started nibbling on a spot he knew she was sensitive to.

Kyle and Tess used the remaining time until classes started by having some private time in the eraser room. Luckily, it wasn’t occupied as usual by Michael and Maria so the newest couple of the gang took the chance. Since Jim knew that his son and surrogate daughter were an item, he was overprotective of Tess afraid that she’d get hurt and very strict towards Kyle regarding his treatment towards Tess. Though Jim was happy for both, it didn’t mean that he approved of the activities that went on under his roof. He tried to not interfere with their love life but he was a father- the chances were slim to none for him not interfering.

Nonetheless, Kyle and Tess found way to have quality time together. Whether it was at school or other places around Roswell; both made the best of it while Jim was torn between happiness and desperation. Though the happiness won.

Back in the eraser room, Tess herself was torn between happiness and desperation: on the one hand she wanted to stay in the eraser room enjoying Kyle’s caresses. On the other hand, she didn’t want to be late for class again. She was just a step away from getting detention. And there was no way that she would get punished for a bit of fun. In addition, she didn’t want to give Jim another reason to worry that their relationship interferes with their studies.

Therefore, Tess did the one thing she could; she enjoyed her time with Kyle for another ten minutes then she would get to class.

To come up with a way to get Kyle off her was shot down; when she felt his hands came under her shirt caressing her with light strokes.

On the other site of the school in the janitor’s closet, Michael and Maria as well wanted to have some quality time. Unfortunately for Michael, Maria wasn’t in the mood for engaging his mouth in any activity except talking. He tried to listen to her and he wanted to help her but he couldn’t. For four days they hadn’t had quality make out time. There was too much going on with Alex’ return and the other business they referred to as Alien Abyss.

Michael didn’t mind the talking anymore like he did in the beginning but he couldn’t understand why it had to be while they were supposed to make out. That was his only reason to get up early and come to school. Kissing not talking. But he had learnt that sometimes it was for his benefit to listen.

Maria liked to talk and even liked it more when someone’s listening to her so it could be good for him. He would get rewarded. His reward would be making out. After all, he would win.

It might have been hard for him but Michael realized that Maria was the most important person to him. Of course their relationship wasn’t all perfect but he loved her and he knew she loved him. Though he wasn’t the best boyfriend in the world, he was her boyfriend and got the acceptance by her he always wanted. Both still had to get used to that new development in their relationship.

After the whole Laurie Dupree incident, Michael had realized how important it was for him to have people around him he loved. Although he had never believed Maria was one of them. He’d never believed that he could have a deep relationship to someone outside of his alien life. Then it was his priority to keep himself closed off not letting anyone near him. Yet all changed when Maria became part of his life.

There was no way he could have been able to keep up his defences with her around. Now after more than a year, he was glad about it, not that he would admit it out loud to anyone.

“…and what’s up with this attitude? I don’t know about you but I can’t say I like how Alex behaved towards Isabel regarding Grant’s death. Granted, I never liked the guy and after finding out that he was the host for that freaky queen, he was so on my shit list. But making such a rude comment about him isn’t Alex. Either he would have said something to console Isabel or he would have said nothing. I don’t know what got into him. I mean, sure…there are those problems with his parents but that doesn’t mean that he can act like that…What do you think? Michael? Michael! Are you even listening to me?” Maria huffed when she noticed her boyfriend had a faraway look on his face.

Maria sometimes wondered why she was even bothering with Michael. It wasn’t that she didn’t love him; she loved him more than words could say- why she also wondered that she and Michael were able to build a strong relationship, though his listening abilities lacked.

Michael had flaws and Maria accepted those over time because they made him to the guy he was. A long time ago she discarded the idea of having the perfect boyfriend when Michael was enough. She didn’t need little romantic knickknacks. She didn’t need that all. In his own unique way he had managed to be the perfect boyfriend for her and that was enough. Though sometimes she wished he would pay more attention to her and not think constantly about making out when they were in school.

Coming out of his stupor, Michael realized that Maria stood in front of him with her arms crossed over her chest and glaring at him. He was in trouble. She knew that he didn’t know what she was talking about. He needed fast a distraction if he didn’t want to lose his make out brownies for the janitor’s closet or any other facility in school. Unfortunately for him, he didn’t know about what Maria talked so he had to do the one thing he knew would save his alien bum.

“Oh god, my life couldn’t get worse.” Isabel groaned because she had to watch her brother and his girlfriend staring at each other. ”Could you two wait with your staring until I’m not near you because I feel like my breakfast is up for wanting to say hello this morning.”

Max felt how the blush was covering his cheeks when his sister chastised him for being engrossed watching Liz. The retort was on his tongue but he knew pissing off Isabel was a bad idea. He would be the one, who had to suffer under her wrath for the rest of the day at school and later at home. A long time ago, he had learned to accept her moods and to stay invisible. There was little he could take by her and he didn’t want to have an unpleasant dream containing Michael and Kyle in thongs.

On the other hand Liz tried as hard as possible to not blush knowing that would feed Isabel’s displeasure even more. She just muttered a ‘sorry’ hoping it would calm Isabel so she would pay attention to something else. So she turned her gaze to the street without glancing back at Max. It was hard lately around Isabel regarding her moods. Granted she had a lot of stuff to deal with and her boyfriend or whatever Grant had been passed away due to being the host of an alien parasite. Nonetheless it wasn’t a reason to be mean; but for now they all had to deal with it.

In addition, last night was a bit too much for Isabel. Alex’ reaction to Grant’s death was unexpected and characterless for everyone but it seemed that it had hit Isabel the hardest. Truth to be told, Alex seemed different. Everything about him was different.

The changes in Alex’ behaviour and manners weren’t surprising for Liz. She even assumed it. He had had the chance to get out of Roswell and see more of the world instead only Roswell, New Mexico. Liz was even envious of Alex for having been able to see Europe. She always imagined how it would be to be there.

Seeing how such an experience had changed Alex showed her that there was so much she didn’t know. Regarding Alex, she wished she would have been with him. There were probably no words to say how wonderful it was. Yet she could see that such an experience changed people. She saw it. Alex changed. She couldn’t put her finger on it what it was but Liz couldn’t say it was bad. She was even glad for him that he came finally out of his shell. It had hurt her to see how people underestimated him though he had so much potential, which others hadn’t in their pinkie finger.

Then there was Isabel. In the last couple of months she had come closer to her. Liz wouldn’t call it a deep friendship but both girls came to an understanding. They respected each other and valued the stage of friendship they approached but there were still things both girls wouldn’t talk about rather seek out Maria or Tess.

Nevertheless, she understood Isabel. Liz was certain she would react the same way if it had been Max coming back and being a bit different in his usual behaviour. So far Liz wasn’t able to get any information out of Alex about his trip. She knew bits from his mails and the stories he told them last night in the Crashdown. She knew he still had to get used to his new situation with his parents away and now being on his own. She only hoped he could relax in the next few days.

The class room filled slowly. Since there was still a bit of time left until class started the students were all engrossed in talks. Isabel wasn’t in the mood to talk to any of her class mates. There was more to parties, clothes and fun. Isabel knew it and wished she could’ve the easy life her classmates had. She wanted to be carefree and not worry about the consequences of her doing. But this should remain an unfilled wish. Normalcy was just a term-not much and not less.

Now with Alex being back, Isabel knew it was going to get more complicated. Though she knew it wasn’t meant to be between them, she couldn’t push her feelings for him aside. Even Grant hadn’t been able to make her forget Alex. He was always on her mind. She knew he got hurt when she pushed him away and hooked up with Grant yet she needed to protect herself and him. The thought to lose Alex because of her alien heritage terrified her. If he would have got hurt because of his involvement with her, Isabel would never forgive herself. So it was better to be the one to protect him by pushing Alex away.

No matter how many times she had truly believed Alex wouldn’t get physically harmed due to being involved with the aliens, Isabel knew she couldn’t spare him the emotional hurt. Either it was by active doing or by the threat hanging over them that she would’ve to leave him someday. It didn’t matter.

She had planned everything how to keep Alex at arms’ length. Then she had heard that he was leaving. He had been about to leave Roswell for an exchange program in Europe. It would be a lie to say she hadn’t been hurt by his leaving. Though she couldn’t have a relationship with him, she valued his friendship and him being her confidant. Then she had to deal with everything on her own. Alex wasn’t there. Sure, she had Max, Michael and Tess to talk to but it wasn’t the same. They weren’t Alex. The time without him had showed her how much he actually meant to her and which place he had in her live. While they couldn’t be more than friends, she didn’t want to give him up.

Now he was back. And with Alex’ return it seemed everything had changed. He had changed. Everything about him had changed. Isabel wasn’t sure what to think of it. Last night at the Crashdown, things were odd between them. It had already started at the airport. Isabel felt weird around him. Too much had happened between them before they went back to being ‘just friends’. She had to admit before his journey, she hadn’t done much to establish a friendship between them. That also explained the sparely contact they had.

Isabel could only imagine what Alex had experienced while being away. It seemed that he became less shy and insecure, which was good, but she also feared that she had lost her position as one of the most important girls in his life. Though she had hurt him by rejecting him countless times, Isabel didn’t want to lose Alex. However, it wasn’t her only decision. She hoped Alex hadn’t given up on her as friend.

Before Isabel was too lost in her thoughts, Tess rushed into the class room and literally jumped into her seat next to Isabel.

“Please tell me, I’m not late and that I don’t have to face detention.” Tess asked out of breath ignoring the glare that Isabel sent her way.

“You’re not late and you don’t have to face detention. Though, your little stops in the eraser room seem to expand from week to week.” Isabel looked at the girl.

“Well, Jim is being overprotective and lately he starts his shifts when we’re in school so we have to find another place.” Tess explained in hushed tone hoping her noisy class mates heard nothing.

“Then stop doing it.” Isabel said seriously. Sure, both wouldn’t stop but there was nothing Isabel could say to make her feel better. There was no teen, who hadn’t had to look for cosy places to have some privacy.

“Funny. Will you be the one to tell Kyle? I won’t deal with his attitude when he receives the message of losing….”

“Tess, I really have better things to do than dealing with Kyle and you. Get a motel room if you can’t keep your hands off each other. Every problem has a solution…go and find yours.” Isabel interrupted the other alien girl. She didn’t want to talk about any relationship. Sometimes she wished people would just leave her alone.

Tess was taken back by Isabel’s reaction. Normally it was easy to talk to Isabel about such subjects. Both saw each other as confidants regarding their special status however Isabel seemed to be in a foul mood considering her mood.

Tess assumed it was due to Alex’ return and the events yesterday during his Welcome-party. She heard that Alex wasn’t really happy all along because he had received a call by his parents which ended almost in a fight. In addition, there seemed to be a lot of tension between Alex and the others. Judging by yesterday, it seemed that Alex wasn’t only mad at his parents but also at his friends, especially Max and Liz for the whole Future Max disaster. It was hard to describe it but Tess was grateful for Alex trying to protect her. So far she hadn’t known that Alex knew that bit about her always wanting a family but he had.

Things had changed and they all still needed to come to terms with it but it was probably the hardest for Isabel. While everyone of their group had a significant other, hers died not knowing the truth about her. In addition, Isabel had no one. Tess had assumed she would come around on her own but she was wrong. It seemed that Isabel had bottled up all her feelings without letting anyone near her. The last few weeks were hard for her. Tess knew how it had been to see everyone splitting up in couples but Isabel remained alone. Grant couldn’t have been considered a confidant since Isabel had kept their involvement lightly.

As Tess was about to start a conversation with Isabel about her problems, the second bell rang and Mrs. Waterston entered the class room starting the lesson. Tess had to postpone her talk hoping Isabel would be more open for it.

It was fifteen minutes later as a knock interrupted Mrs. Waterston’s lesson. Through the door came Alex and immediately the noise level increased in the room. The majority of Alex’ classmates were shocked when they saw the changed version of Alex Whitman. The labelled geek wasn’t anymore a geek. If course Alex’ appearance caused the girls to break out in hushed conversations and the boys, who never took Alex serious, were just speechless.

On the other hand, Tess was quite amused about her classmates’ reactions. She assumed people would react different to Alex when they’d see him. And thankfully, her classmates didn’t disappoint her. It was a matter of time until Alex would be part of the school gossip. Tess couldn’t wait until it was lunchtime and the grapevine was on high pwoer.

Then there was Isabel, who was also focused on Alex’ entrance. While she had already had the pleasure of seeing him after he returned; Isabel was again taken back by his appearance. The way he entered the room was different from the time before his trip. Back then, Alex had always his head bent as if he didn’t want people to notice him. She assumed he did it to avoid stupid remarks by the jocks.

Now, he radiated a kind of confidence she didn’t know he had. He held his head high not avoiding eye contact as usual. Isabel was even more surprised when Alex winked at her before he turned to Mrs. Waterston.

“Have you seen that? Alex winked at me. God, he looks hot after that trip he did. If all geeks come back like this, they all should go to Norway.” A few seats behind Isabel a girl said to her friend. Isabel rolled her eyes at their stupidity. She wanted to tell them that Alex had been in Sweden but she knew it made no difference to the girls. Besides, Isabel was more tempted to tell the girl that the wink was directed at her. She was Alex’ friend. Just because Alex gained bit more weight and his look changed didn’t mean that they had the right to pretend to know Alex.

“Hey Mrs. Waterston, I’m sorry to interrupt. I just come from the principle’s office, here’s the slip.” Alex turned towards his teacher having a charming smile on his lips knowing it would work its magic.

“Mr. Whitman, it’s good to have you back. I hope you had a great trip.” Mrs Waterston welcomed Alex warmly back in her class. She had always been fond of him as student. It was quite impressing how smart Alex was and she hoped he would make the best of it. It would be a shame if he didn’t.

“Thanks, mam. The exchange program was great.”

“Good then please take a seat and we’ll go on with the class. Since you participated via correspondence I don’t think you’ll have any problems to catch up with us.”

Alex gave her a slight nod and walked to his seat that was just two seats on the right side of Isabel’s side. She couldn’t help herself and took a glance at him. Isabel was happy that he for now ignored the whispering and looks around him and gazed at her having a small smile on his lips.

“Okay, everybody calm down. We still have to discuss the rest of Othello.”

By then it was already lunchtime and the students gathered outside. Of course Alex’ return and the obvious changes were the number one topic. So far just his English and Music got to see him. Even in the hall it had been difficult to catch him since the class rooms were more in a secluded area of the building. Also Alex’ friends anticipated his arrival. One they wanted to see the students’ reaction. Secondly, some wanted to see Isabel’s reaction to Alex when she would see the effect he had on the girls now. Especially Maria was eager to see how the other students react and how Isabel would blow a basket when Alex would be in the centre of attention.

Maria didn’t believe that Isabel wasn’t anymore harbouring any feelings for Alex that didn’t go beyond friendship. She knew there was more. However Maria wouldn’t interfere with them. Isabel and Alex were old enough to take care of themselves. Particularly, she hoped Alex wouldn’t really go to Las Cruces to meet other girls and hook up with them. She didn’t know what really had happened in Europe but she assumed Alex wasn’t anymore as shy as she had believed. On the one hand, she liked the confidence Alex had but she was also afraid to lose him as friend because of his new life.

“Have you heard the stories about Alex?” Kyle asked the occupants of the table as he shoved the last bite of his sandwich into his mouth.

“No, but have you heard the stories about the, jock who eats like a pig and disgusts his fellow men?” Maria retorted with a disgusted look.

“Fu-y…r-ly ny:” Kyle mumbled.

“Have you heard the story about Alex having plastic surgery? According to the grapevine, Alex didn’t gain weight but he has implants as muscles so he would look more bouffant.” Max told them. As he noticed that they were all looking at him strangely, he became nervous. “What? What is it? I’m not the one spreading those stories it’s just what I heard being said.”

“We know. It’s just unusual to see you participating in gossip. It’s not your style since you usually keep to yourself.” Liz tried to explain it to Max.

“Oh.”

“Have you heard that Alex actually was in a boot camp? According to the rumours, he got caught hacking into the state computer system and the camp was his punishment. The exchange program was just a cover so no one would find out that the system isn’t safe.” Liz told her friends, who were looking at her strange. Seeing the looks of her friends she ducked her head mumbling, „That’s what they’re telling not me.”

“Then I hope you don’t listen to those rumours ‘cause that wouldn’t be smart.” A new voice appeared.

As everyone looked up to the new person, they saw Isabel standing there with an annoyed look on her face. She couldn’t believe what kind of bullshit was being spread. It was unbelievable that some people really believed the crap that was told. She had the urge to put the students in their places for going around spreading rumours. She knew it would be hard for Alex since he wasn’t used to being exposed to such behaviour. The last time Alex was part of rumours was when she and Alex had been caught making out in the eraser room as the dreams about Michael and her started. Back then she didn’t know what it had meant for Alex being suddenly the centre of attentions while she knew the feeling. Her whole life was based on being the centre of attention.

Now it was again the same. Alex was again the centre of attention because he had made an incredible experience coming back changed but he was still Alex. Therefore Isabel knew it made him uncomfortable being once more centre of attention.

“Hey Isabel, come sit down. We’re discussing the rumours about Alex…” Liz started but was interrupted by the tall alien girl.

“Why? So you can develop your own story and see which rumour is better. Yeah, that’s so great and exciting. Let’s see with which lie we can come up. Who wants to start first? No one? Alright then I will….Let me think of something…” Isabel had had enough of the dumb rumours. She knew they could hurt. Everything she had bottled up until now was coming out.

“Uhm Isabel…you better shouldn’t…” Maria tried to hush Isabel but the other girl didn’t listen.

“Here it is: Alex left Roswell because he became a junior agent for the FBI. And why did he become an agent? Due to his computer skills the Feds needed him to solve a case of internet crime. And why had they known about Alex? Thanks to Miss Topolsky. Anyway, it was a secret mission so Alex couldn’t tell anyone because it was, like I said, a secret mission. Therefore the cover with the exchange program was told others. It was perfect and fit. Now after the mission ended, for his services the Feds rewarded Alex with a trip to Europe. That’s it. That’s a good rumour to spread around.” Isabel finished staring at the blank faces of her friends and Michael’s amused one.

“That’s better then being abducted by aliens.” A male voice said behind Isabel, who let out screech.

“Alex! Wh-hat? How much have you heard?” She tried to compose herself fast not wanting to let Alex see her like that. Of course Michael’s smug look and Kyle’s chuckling wasn’t helping her to reduce the embarrassment.

“It started with ‘Alex left Roswell because…’. Seriously, I think so far you have the best made up story for my leaving.” Alex smiled at Isabel. He didn’t want her to feel embarrassed. Isabel wasn’t the kind of girl to get embarrassed though it was a nice view.

“Oh. I didn’t mean anything of it. It’s just ridiculous what’s going on here with your return. I mean you aren’t the first boy to leave Roswell and to come back then.” Isabel expired lamely. She knew she was busted and made a fool of herself. Moreover she couldn’t understand why her own friends didn’t warn her that Alex stood behind her.

“Indeed.” Alex sidestepped Isabel and sat down between Liz and Maria. The latter leaned a bit against him smiling. Isabel was a taken back by Alex nonchalance towards her. He had never left her standing. Still standing around and looking like a fool, Isabel proceeded to take the seat across from Alex, which was next to Tess and Michael.

Maria knew it was about to get interesting when Alex came back but she had never imagined it would be so funny to see the Ice Princess squirming. Alex smiled back at her and unpacked his lunch. It was strange to see Alex. Maria didn’t mind the external changes. For years Maria and Liz had tried to encourage Alex wearing different clothes than his usual baggy clothes. They always told him that he had a good build to show and he shouldn’t hide behind his clothes. Of course Alex didn’t believe the girls, doubting that new clothes would change anything about his status at school nor did he think that girls would react different to him than usual.

Seeing him now and seeing the reactions to his return, Maria was happy for him. People were finally going to see what a great guy he was. For now, Maria wanted to enjoy the moment of his return and spend time with her friend.

“I’m not mistaken that all eyes are still on me since I’ve come out.” Alex queried. It annoyed him and it made him nervous that he was in the centre of his school mates’ attention. He wished they would stop staring. He didn’t want their attention. He just wanted to be left alone.

“Yep, people want you, Whitman. Get used to it.” Kyle replied as he snatched some fries of Tess’ plate.

“I don’t them to want me. I just want that the stares and whispering stop so I can keep my sanity today. I still have to meet up with three of my teachers after school. Then I have to head home and still have to unpack my stuff and arrange some other stuff before you guys come over tonight to watch the slides.”

“Are you sure it’s alright? I mean if you’re still adjusting in your new place we can come together another time.” Max suggested. He didn’t want to intrude when Alex was being busy and a bit down that he wouldn’t stay with his parents anymore. He couldn’t imagine how it would be to not stay with his parents; though the thought was always on Max’ mind that someday he had to leave them.

“Nah, it’s cool. I’m even looking forward to it. I still have to get used to the new apartment.“

“Alex, we’d understand it if you’d rather…”

“Liz, I’m fine. I just need to adjust. That’s all. Besides, I missed hanging out with you all so tonight will be like a private house-warming party.” Alex shrugged trying to under act his desire to spend time with his friends. He wanted to enjoy his time with them as long as he could.

“Alright.”

Soon the group was engrossed in a comfortable conversation, which wasn’t about Alex and his return. So far everything looked good for Alex. He hadn’t had to answer too many questions and less people than expected approached him. For now the majority kept their distance to him and stared at him. Some of his friends found the courage to approach him but they kind of got the feeling it was a bad time judging by the storm of rumours.

“Hey guys. My oh my, I probably should have believed the rumours about you.”

Alex spun around in his seat surprised by the person he saw. If he didn’t already have everyone’s attention, he surely would now. For the first time in public, Alex and Vicky Delaney were talking to each other.

“Vicky! Good to see you.” Alex greeted her from his spot feeling the stares everyone directed at him. He knew that Maria and Liz would want answers to why he was involved with Vicky Delaney.

“Alex! Good to see you as well. Now get up and give me a hug like I deserve. I missed my physics tutor.” Vicky smiled at Alex not noticing the looks the others shared. She knew she was being unfair to Alex by breaking their agreement to not interact in public since he knew the effects of it. Yet Vicky had had enough of having Alex as a secret friend. She was glad to have him as a friend but always felt guilty that she couldn’t talk to him in public. She knew it was his way of protecting her from rumours. There were several ones when he had been involved with Isabel and he didn’t want to experience it again.

“Sorry.” Alex apologized though he didn’t know why he reacted distant towards Vicky. Sure, she caught him by surprise but he also knew she didn’t mean any harm by it. Slowly he stood up and engulfed Vicky in a hug. Of course the other students didn’t miss the interaction between the teens. When Vicky approached Alex’ table it was assumed she would talk to Isabel or Kyle but not Alex Whitman. So seeing them in such an intimate embrace was surprising for the student body that was in the court as well as the remaining seven friends gawking at the odd couple.

Not noticing it, Liz and Maria shared a look that indicated that they would talk to Alex later when they could catch him alone. Tess was just wary of Vicky’s presence. She knew the rumours about Kyle and Vicky. Tess wasn’t worried but it was strange for her to see her boyfriend’s ex with them. Though she was also interested in Alex’ involvement with the girl. Tess knew how it felt when another girl was about to make a move on the boy you love, glancing at Isabel she saw curiosity and something else in Isabel’s eyes that she hadn’t ever seen before: jealousy.

Isabel felt the churning of her guts at the sight in front of her. She hadn’t known. She couldn’t have known about Alex’ involvement with Vicky. They looked comfortable with each other as if it wasn’t something new for them. She wondered if they were more than friends. Was there more than they all knew? Isabel couldn’t look away, though there was nothing left between Alex and her it was hard for her to grasp the idea of him having someone new.

Isabel liked Vicky. The girl was one of the few people of the popular students who was nice and didn’t misuse her position. Yet seeing them, it hurt her. She wanted to break them up. She didn’t want to see Alex with another girl being friends but her. She knew it was wrong to think that way but Isabel couldn’t help it. She didn’t want to lose Alex as friend as well to another girl. Turning her eyes away from them, Isabel saw the looks the other students directed them. She wanted to get up and leave but she knew it would cause more speculations and rumours so she focused on something else.

Releasing Vicky, Alex stared at the girl who was for so long his friend. When they had become friends he had wanted to protect her from the rumours so he asked Vicky to keep their friendship a secret. He didn’t want to make the same mistake with Isabel. Back then, he had wished he’d protected Isabel from the rumours and the additional attention she received because she was seen with him.

He felt the heat creeping up his neck and he saw the looks he received. There was no change. It was all still the same in Roswell.

“The girls in the restroom weren’t kidding about you. You really look great.” Vicky gushed giving Alex an approving look.

“I’m restroom talk material?” Alex asked amused.

“Well, some of the girls already talk about the other activities they’d do there with you. And it wasn’t pot training.”

“Maybe you should introduce me to those girls and see what they actually planned.” Alex joked with her.

“No way, they’re disgusting and so not for you. You need a nice, smart and witty girl.” Vicky slapped him on the shoulder letting her gaze travel to Isabel. She hoped those two would find back together someday. She thought they were a cute couple. “Anyway, I’ve got to get to class. You remember, Wednesday as usual.” Vicky called before she ran towards the building heading to her next class.

“What’s on Wednesday?” Tess asked curiously. She didn’t think it would hurt to get as much information as possible.

Alex turned around facing his friends. He knew they were curious and wanted information. He would give them as much as they needed to know.

“Dinner with her family. That’s what we always do. I tutored her mostly on Wednesdays and then stayed for dinner. Her mom makes a cheese cake with strawberries to die for.” Alex told them while he gathered his stuff together to also leave for his next class.

“Oh yeah…have you tasted her chocolate cake? It’s awesome.” Kyle told no one in particular but judging by the look on Tess face, the wrong person heard him.

“Alex, I think we have another class together. I hope you don’t mind if I walk with you to class.” Tess said through greeted teeth as she also got her stuff together and walked away from the table waiting for Alex near the doors.

“Way to go Kyle.” Michael patted Kyle on the back.

Kyle didn’t know what went wrong. He hadn’t done anything wrong. He wasn’t the one keeping friends secretly.

“Michael, you better say not another word. You’re also not on the bright side of life right now.” Maria chastised her boyfriend.

It was busy in the Crashdown. Liz had still to finish her shift before she could head over to Alex’ place with the others. Only thirty minutes to go, then she could look forward to a relaxing night with her friends at Alex’ new place.

“Are you sure you don’t want me to finish with you? The place’s packed and Agnes is as always doing nothing.” Maria inquired when Liz stood by the soda machine.

“No Maria, there’s no need for it. I just have some minutes to go and then I’m off. I even think, my dad called Brianna and Lisa to start their shift earlier so I can leave.” Liz explained to Maria hoping time would go by faster. “What’s your reason to stay here? I thought you wanted to head home and get some stuff before you head over to Alex.” Liz turned to Maria after fill the glasses with soda.

“Uhm…Yeah, I wanted to but mom needed the car so I hoped to catch a ride with you and Max. I called Kyle if he’d be able to pick me up but he has practice then he meets up with Tess to apologize to her. And the boy still doesn’t know what he has done wrong. Anyway, since I got no ride and you’ve got several minutes left till the end of your shift, I stay and go with you.”

“That’s no problem and I don’t think Max will mind. What about Michael?” Liz asked further. She knew something had happened between Maria and Michael in school but Maria hadn’t said what happened between them.

“What about him? I have no car so he has to look for another way to get there. He might come with Max. Dunno…we’ll see.”

“Well, it seemed that you two had a fight. So…” Liz didn’t want to finish her sentence since there could be multiple reasons for Michael and Maria to end in a fight.

“It’s nothing. I just play with him. I’ll probably let him out of his misery by the end of the week.” Maria shrugged as if it was the most normal thing in the world to ‘punish’ Michael.

“You’re evil and twisted.”

“Thank you.”

The ringing of the bell announced new customers as Liz and Maria looked who it was, they saw Max, Michael and Isabel. Immediately the boys headed to the counter, while Max had a happy smile gracing his face; Michael looked more annoyed than usual. He wasn’t dumb and knew it wouldn’t help his situation when he would bitch but he had enough. The whole ride in the jeep he had to listen to Isabel’s rant about Alex and Vicky Delaney. Who cared? The guy was allowed to have other friends. Michael was fine with it as long as Alex wasn’t going to mess up.

On the other hand, Max ignored his sister knowing it wouldn’t help to talk some sense into her. She couldn’t forbid Alex who to befriend and she surely couldn’t try to control such things. In addition, Vicky was a good girl that wasn’t too curious or anything so he didn’t worry too much. Nonetheless, he’d keep an eye on her. That’s why he couldn’t understand Isabel. As much as he knew, Alex and Isabel had no defined status. No one knew if they were friends or whatever. It didn’t seem as if both had any interest in getting back together.

Therefore Isabel should relax and not let everything get to her. For now, they didn’t have to deal with any alien business. They had finally a peaceful time and she should try to enjoy herself. Especially after Grant’s death and the whole Laurie Dupree debacle, they all deserved some fun. He wanted to see his sister happy and not in a foul mood- what would also make living with her more bearable. He could only hope they could enjoy the peace for a long time.

Max was brought out of his thoughts when Sean DeLuca entered the Crashdown. He didn’t like Maria’s cousin. Max disapproved of the looks Sean would send Liz. Then he was mostly hitting on Liz though he knew she was in a relationship. While Max trusted Liz he didn’t trust Sean.

“Hey M, I need the keys for the jetta.” Sean demanded ignoring that his cousin’s friends were there as well. Of course, Sean was as usual stealing glances at Liz. She was beautiful, he liked her and it wouldn’t hurt to enjoy a beautiful sight. In addition, Sean enjoyed it to get a rise out of Max. Sean would never hit on a taken woman but that was something the others didn’t need to know.

“Don’t call me M. And I don’t have the keys for the cars. Mom has the car today. She has an appointment with some client.” Maria was already annoyed just by Sean’s presence. She hoped her cousin would behave and not cause trouble.

“Oh well, Aunt Amy haven’t told me she’s taking the car today. Whatever. Then I think I’ll enjoy some Men in Black pie.” Sean smiled at Liz knowing that Max was probably being to get pissed off but he didn’t care.

“Take a seat somewhere and bring you the pie when I can get it.” Liz tried to get Sean away from Max as fast as possible before both boys would end in trouble.

In that moment again the bell dragged everyone’s attention towards the door. Alex came in heading straight to the spot where his friends were. Alex couldn’t believe his eyes when he recognized Sean DeLuca amongst them. He didn’t have the best memories of Sean and he didn’t like him at all. Sean was also surprised to see his cousin’s best friend. Though Alex was actually a decent guy, Sean couldn’t believe that the boy was friends with two girls letting them do with him whatever they wanted.

“Look who’s here? It’s Alice. No one told me you’re back in Roswell.” Sean leaned against the counter looking smugly at the boy in front of him. Alex was never able to defend himself and Sean was going to annoy the boy as much as possible.

“Funny, you jail bitch. Whose dick have you sucked to be released?” Alex retorted shocking Sean and his friends with his remark.

“You better watch your mouth, Whitman. You should be lucky that I’m released on probation otherwise I show how hard jail can make somebody.” Sean said his anger rising. He wouldn’t let someone like Alex embarrass him.

“Oh please, the only hard experience in jail you had was when you kneeled on the floor and played someone’s bitch.” Liz, Isabel and Maria gasped after Alex’ retorted.

“You fucking asshole. You got quite a big mouth for a pussy like you. I can smash you so easily but you should be grateful that M is your friend.” By now Sean and Alex stood face to face neither of the others knew what to do since they had never seen Alex acting like that.

“Really? How about we go out? Just you and me and forget that Maria is your cousin. We see what you can really do. And I promise here I won’t tell the cops. But we would need an explanation as to why your face got uglier.” Alex snarled. He had had enough. Alex felt his anger rising. He just wanted to destroy Sean. He wanted to hurt him. He didn’t care about Maria. He didn’t care what it would mean for him. He just wanted to beat the shit out Sean.

Before the situation between Alex and Sean would get more out of control, Liz interfered. She got between both boys and pushed Alex away from Sean hoping that Maria would be able to calm down Alex. But by the look on Maria’s face, the girl would have loved to see how her cousin would get a good beat down. In addition, she’d like to see how Alex fought.

Alex couldn’t tear his eyes away from Sean. Alex wasn’t able to calm down. He wanted to follow his instincts. He wanted to hurt Sean giving him the most painful moments of his life. He didn’t want to back off though Liz was already pushing him with all her might. As he felt a hand encircling his arm, Alex looked away and saw Isabel standing behind him pleading with him to let it go. Then it dawned on Alex what he had been about to do.

Taking a deep breath, Alex stepped back and walked towards the backroom of the Crashdown to find some peace. Though he didn’t beat up Sean, Alex wouldn’t let the boy that easily off the hook.

“Oh Sean, next time you call your sister, tell her I said ‘Hi’ and ‘Thank you’.” With those words spoken, Alex disappeared in the back.

TBC
chanks_girl
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Deep Darkness (UW,XO,CC,ADULT)Ch4,p.5; 11/20/2010

Post by chanks_girl »

My update skills suck, I know. I thank every reader, lurker and feedbacker. I can’t promise that the update will come faster since school got stressful and my time is limited. I try my best. Let’s hope for the best.

PML: The main reason the others have a hard time accepting Alex’ changes is that they didn’t expect him to change. By change I mean gaining confidence, being open minded and not being fully sucked into the alien life. He missed the Laurie Dupree mess. Alex had the chance doing what on his own without being criticized. He could do things that he wouldn’t dare to do in Roswell. You’re right; the Lycan thing was an unexpected turn of events. What can be seen as a bad move by Alex is thinking that he still can be the teenager without telling the others about the real changes. We’ll see how that works out. As for Isabel, she will never let Alex go. A part of her wants to have the relationship but their attempts at having a relationship ended bad.

Earth2Mama: Good to know that you like Alex. Isabel’s problem is that she can’t let go. On the one hand she wants Alex just as friend. But she can’t and doesn’t want to see him being without her and not wanting her. He is the one person that cared for her without having expectations towards. He likes her for her. And with Alex being back and having this new attitude Isabel is torn. She doesn’t want to lose Alex as friend but she also doesn’t want to let him go completely. Certainly, her feelings will cause some chaos between them.

DeDe PR: Kyle is great and his time to shine will come. You made a good point. Alex started to change before being the Lycan thing. Maybe the changes wouldn’t be so drastic than now as Lycan. The others will get suspicious of course because they didn’t see what caused the changes in Alex and his behaviour worries them. We’ll see what they’ll do.

cjsl8ne: I’m back. Hopefully you’ll also enjoy this part. Thank you very much for your multiple bumps.

Roswellian117: How will the others reacto to Alex being a Lycan? We’ll see.

Alrighty, here’s the new part. As I mentioned in an older post, we’re still getting to know what Alex had been up to in Europe and how his life changed.

CHAPTER 4

Alex had to calm to down or something horrible would happen. He couldn’t believe that he almost lost his posture.

Ready to attack.

Ready to hurt a human being.

Ready to kill.

Alex would have hurt Sean. It wouldn’t take long. He would make it fast and painless. It would be easy. But he would also expose himself to the others. He promised not to do that. He couldn’t be that reckless and endanger himself. And endanger his friends. Alex didn’t trust himself if he would be able to control himself when he transformed. He didn’t know if he would be able to differentiate between friend and foe.

He felt his blood pumping through his veins; the adrenaline rushing through his body, his heart beating faster and faster with every passing minute.

He wanted to go back and finish what was about to start if Alex hadn’t remembered where he was and who was with him. It would be so easy.

Easy and fast and painless like it should be for Sean.

But he couldn’t do that.

He wasn’t that kind of monster that enjoyed killing. As long as Alex had the last ounce of humanity in him, he wouldn’t turn into a monster. He saw what happened to others like him after they crossed that line. It was terrible, horrific and something that scared Alex.

He wasn’t a monster.

Furiously he paced back and forth, his breathing was shallow and he couldn’t calm down. He needed to control himself.

Back and forth, he paced. Slowly – after reminding himself that he couldn’t let the situation get out of control.

Inhale and exhale.

Pacing back and forth.

Counting till ten.

Inhale and exhale.

Pacing back and forth.

Counting till ten.

Inhale and exhale.

Pacing back and forth.

Counting till ten.

Over and over again, Alex repeated this exact procedure. Selene told him to think of something that had a calming effect on him.

Sometimes he wished Selene and the others were there to help him. Alex still had problems controlling his emotions which could lead to losing control over his new abilities. It happened so fast and easy that it scared Alex.

He didn’t want to be scared anymore. This was how his life going to be. It was all about control. And if it would slip through his hands, there would be hell to pay.

Alex came to an abrupt halt when he suddenly was face to face with Isabel. He didn’t notice her arrival nor did he realize she had followed him to the backroom. On the one hand, Alex was glad someone was there to look after him. He needed the assurance that there were still people caring. On the other hand, he wished she wouldn’t have followed him. She shouldn’t be near him when he was in this mood.

It was dangerous for Isabel. He was still charged with power and anger that right now every wrong move or word would enrage him.

They stood face to face.

No one said anything.

Alex saw the worry and confusion in her eyes. He knew out there he had been behaving oddly. Never before he stood up against anyone – especially Sean. Alex was known as the lanky, shy boy who would never dare to contradict anyone. He would never dare to stand up for himself that’s what everybody believed. It was enough information about Alex.

Now things were different.

Alex was different.

“What?” Alex gritted. So much anger was in him and it needed to be released. It wasn’t the right place. He needed to leave. He didn’t want to let get Isabel in his crossfire. He needed release.

“What? Is that all you have to say? God Alex, what happened there?” Isabel asked incredulously. After witnessing Alex’ behaviour, she was worried. That was not how Alex acted. That was not her Alex.

“As I recall, you have been there. Sean and I just rekindled our friendship.” A short answer, that was all he could give her right now.

“Try again to explain what has happened outside.” Isabel demanded. She didn’t know what was wrong with Alex but she knew it wasn’t the Alex she knew.

He was so different since his return. He was more outspoken and confident in everything. The way he talked and did things was different. In front of her wasn’t anymore the Alex she knew. It was a different person. Alex changed and it scared Isabel.

“You’ve been there; I don’t need to explain anything. I don’t like the guy. Period.” Alex replied while he tried to sidestep Isabel by leaving. But he felt her hand on his arm, stopping him from further movement. He knew Isabel wouldn’t let him go without getting more out of him. This was still Isabel and it was still in her nature to know things though she would never admit it.

There was the inner peace he looked for. The anger faded and there were only him and Isabel.

A simple touch.

Slowly, Alex could relax and everything seemed to be alright.

A simple caress.

The desire to hurt somebody faded.

A moment passed.

There was only Isabel and he.

“There’s no need to be worried. It was only male teenage hormones coming through. Sometimes I have the tendency to act like your usual teenage boy who shows Alpha male behaviour.” Alex assured Isabel when he noticed she was about to say something.

This was the problem.

Alex had never before shown such behaviour.

He wasn’t that kind of guy.

“But you never act like the typical male teen boy. That’s why you’re different from the others. That’s why it’s hard to believe you got into an argument with Sean.” Isabel hoped she could make a point and Alex would understand her.

Releasing his arm from her grip, Alex walked towards the couch and sat down. Looking at her and seeing the look in her eyes – the concern and the attempt to understand his new motives was barely to stand.

It would be easy to tell her and the others the truth – the new truth about him. But if they could understand it and understand him was doubtful. It would be hard. To hide a new life was easier than to tell them about it.

Before Alex could say something, Liz, Max, Michael and Maria stormed into the backroom.

“Alexander Charles Whitman, have you lost your mind? I can’t believe you talked like that to Sean. And the profanities you used are inacceptable. I can’t believe…” Liz was interrupted in her rant because Maria clamped her hand down her friend’s mouth.

“First you should know that I think you haven’t lost your mind. I really enjoyed your little chit chat with Sean. He deserved it but please don’t do it again. Sean is very unpredictable and you two always had this feud going on and though I’m kind of proud of you for standing up against him, don’t do it again. You’re better than him.” Maria babbled while she pushed Liz towards the couch pushing Liz into the seat next to Alex and she flanked him from the other side. Liz glared at her friend for shutting her up and pushing her.

“I thought it was funny.” Michael stated. He enjoyed the enraged look on Sean’s but he mostly enjoyed Alex’ attitude. Michael had always thought it would be good for Alex showing more confidence and standing his ground.

“Of course, you think that.” Maria agreed sarcastically, rolling her eyes at her boyfriend.

“Well Michael’s right. Did you see how red Sean’s head become?” Alex chuckled, remembering his face off with the other man.

“Alex! It wasn’t funny… Okay maybe a little bit but the point is that you shouldn’t let Sean get to you.” Liz tried to explain.

She knew that Alex always felt intimidated by Sean since they were kids. Over the years Sean enjoyed mocking Alex because Alex was the perfect victim. The young boy never showed that it infuriated him but Liz and Maria knew that deep down it was bothering Alex.

Alex never complained or did anything to stop Sean from bullying him because he thought it was better to ignore Maria’s cousin than playing right into his cards and acknowledge the bully’s work.

Now years later Liz understood that it had to be hard for her friend to face his childhood nemesis. Sean was one of the people that Alex disliked – better said despised – and now everything was coming back.

So in the end, Liz wasn’t really surprised.

“Come on Parker, it wasn’t that bad. He just got to taste his own medicine. Don’t worry. It was really nothing and I doubt I will encounter Sean again or interact with him.” Alex tried to assure his concerned friend. Though it was doubtful if Alex could keep his word.

“Not that bad would be the understatement of the year, some guests were ready to call the police because they feared a fight was about to break out.” Max stated when he also joined the others in the backroom. He knew there was no reason to be mad at Alex because it was fun watching Sean getting all pissed. But Alex risked a lot. He could have caused more trouble than they needed right now.

On the other hand, Max couldn’t get mad at Alex because the boy did something that Max wanted to do himself: pissing off Sean. Since his arrival, Sean liked to get under his skin by hitting on Liz in front of him.

“You had fun as well, right.” Alex said, looking at Max who had a mischievous expression.

“Well, to be honest, I think it was funny. Have you seen how red his face became?” Max chuckled due to the fresh memory he had.

“Max! It was not funny. It could have ended badly. Like you said, some customers were ready to call the police because they thought the situation was going to escalate.” Liz admonished her boyfriend.

“Yeah, Max, you aren’t supposed to have fun and laugh at the misery of others’. Bad Max. Shame on you. Go and sit in the corner thinking about your bad behaviour.” Michael mocked his friend because no one thought that Max Evans had the right to laugh at Sean.

Michael was glad that at least someone had put Sean in his place. He would do it himself but he didn’t want to be on Amy’s bad side by beating her cocky nephew into a bloody plump. Besides Maria wouldn’t appreciate a feud with her cousin. So it was a nice change to see someone else doing the dirty job.

“Michael, stop mocking Max.” Isabel interfered before a fight between Michael and Maria would break out knowing that such a comment would set off Maria.

“How about we all stop talking about Sean and one of the lovely waitresses that sit next to me will bring me my pies. I still need to finish some arrangements in the apartment and I don’t want to do it while you’re all there.” Alex stood up and stretched letting Maria and Liz decide who would bring him his cakes.

“Speaking of sweet things, what was that about Sean’s sister and you?” Maria asked Alex who suddenly wore a flabbergasted expression.

Alex forgot that he might have said something in the heat of the moment that wasn’t supposed to be known by the others – especially Maria. Well, Alex messed up.

“Yeah, did you do things with his sister that is NC-17 material?” Michael snickered but when he received the glares by Maria and Isabel, he immediately shut up.

He should be used to the looks he received by the girls but it was every time the same: a cold shower went down his spine.

Alex saw how Isabel’s expression changed for a second before she disguised as usual her emotions behind a mask.
There for a second he saw the hurt reflecting in her face that he caused her. Alex would never hurt Isabel intentionally but she couldn’t expect of him to wait for her or live a life that centred on her and her needs. They had had their chance. And with the new developments in his life, he didn’t want to go down the same path again.

“A gentleman doesn’t kiss and tell, Michael.” Alex hoped he stopped any interrogation.

“Oh my god, you did it.” Liz looked accusing at Alex.

“What?”

“What?!”

“Told you so.” Michael stated proudly.

“Uhm well…you know….it was summer…and…and…and…I don’t have to justify myself. So I’ll be quiet.” Alex stammered because everyone was looking at him.

“Relax Alex. There are thousands of other girls you could have…whatever. In all fairness I have to say that Sean’s sister is a whore.” Maria soothed and revealed at the same time.

“Maria!” everyone yelled shocked that Maria, known that she hated any discrimination and deformation of women, would say something like that.

“What? It’s true. She isn’t really picky about her partners and I swear her standards are very low.” Maria justified nonchalantly.

“I try to not be offended by your explanation. But Maria is right. She’s a whore.” Alex shrugged as if it would explain a lot.

“Alex!” Liz chastised her friend.

“What? You know I would never say such things about a girl but to be honest, she can’t keep her legs closed.” Alex added to Maria’s not so nice explanation.

“Wow. I’m shocked.” Michael said.

“Why?” Max asked his friend puzzled.

“Alex said whore.” Michael stated as if it wasn’t obvious.

“Can I have my pies, please?” Alex looked pleadingly at Liz, knowing she would put him out of this mess.

“Sure. Just wait 5 minutes. Oh, I wanted to ask you if we can come with you to your new place. My shift ends in a few minutes and we could help you finish your arrangements.” Liz asked hoping Alex would agree.

“I got no problems with that. I hadn’t expected to spend so much time here but thanks to Sean, you get to see my new place earlier than I thought.” Alex agreed to Liz’ suggestion, hoping things would progress now and he could leave soon.
“Great. I ride with Max and Isabel. Maria and Michael also need a ride.” Liz organized as usual.

“That’s no problem they can catch a ride with me.” Alex cut in before Liz’ love for organizing and directing her friends would get out of control and they would still be in the backroom of the Crashdown.

“Seriously, I can’t wait to see your new apartment. This is awesome.” Maria squealed excitedly, receiving an eye rolling from her boyfriend.

“It would be more awesome if a certain small, brunette waitress can get my pies, please.” Alex said with a cheeky grin when Liz gave him an annoyed look because he referred to her as being ‘small’.

Turning around wordlessly to get Alex’ pies, Liz walked into the kitchen.

“You’re sure everything is cool?” Maria asked Alex when she noticed the faraway look in his eyes.

Alex looked at his friend and he just smiled at her. He didn’t say anything and he didn’t feel like saying anything. When Liz finally came back, Alex moved towards her taking the cartons out of her hands.

“Let’s go. The others can come when Liz got changed.” Alex said when he walked towards the door. “Liz, you got my address, right?” Liz only threw back a “yup” before she ran upstairs to finally change her clothes.

Michael and Maria followed Alex out to the front, both hoping they wouldn’t run into Sean again outside. When they made it to Alex’ car, an unusual scream stopped Alex and Maria in their movement. Turning to the source of the sound, both saw Michael with his mouth wide open.

“Michael! What’s the matter with you to scream around like a lunatic?” Maria asked confused her boyfriend.

“Is that your car? Please tell me it’s your car.” Michael exclaimed, pointing at a black car when he noticed Alex walking towards it.

“Yes, that’s my car. A Dodge Dart 170, year 1963, engine has 170 cu…well, hence the name,…but I modernized it with 225 cu. Are you impressed?” Alex sounded proud of his new car. And seeing Michael’s excited expression was as well a nice compliment.

“Oh yeah, very nice.” Michael said like he was in trance.

Maria just looked back and forth between the two boys. She couldn’t understand their excitement for a vehicle. For her a car had just one purpose: getting from point A to point B. Easy. And that after being driven by Michael, it better should be in one piece.

“That’s why you let out a girlish squeal?” Maria inquired still confused.

“It was not a girlish scream. It was a sound to demonstrate my excitement about my friend’s new car…” Michael tried to explain to his girlfriend before Alex interrupted him.

“I won’t let you drive my car….like ever.”

Hearing this, Michael’s shock and disappointment were visible. Knowing that he shouldn’t try to force the issue now, Michael walked past Maria and Alex towards the car and said determined “Shotgun.”

Alex and Maria just looked at the alien boy and followed his lead.

“We’re good, right?”

“Yeah.”

“And you know I didn’t mean to hurt you. It was just something I said without thinking.”

“I know.”

“Are you mad because I’m still on good terms with Vicky? It’s just she’s a really nice girl and…”

“Kyle, I know. I’m not mad because you’re friends with her. It’s just still new for me being in a relationship. And it is also new for me coming to terms that there were other girls before me – like Liz. And I need to accept that you’re on good terms with some of the girls.” Tess admitted nervously, glancing at Kyle.

“Tess, I…” He wanted to make her feel better and reassure her that she didn’t need to worry about their relationship.

“Let me finish, please. I know that I don’t need to worry. I know that we’re still adjusting to being a couple. Sometimes it feels weird and I can’t handle several feelings.” Tess confessed.

She still felt mainly like the alien girl, who wanted to fit in the human world. Tess still had problems showing emotions or controlling her emotions when it came to her human side. For years she had suppressed this side and now it surfaces slowly – thanks to Kyle.

It felt like she couldn’t fit in. She felt like the outsider sometimes. She felt like the alien she really was and those times made her realize it.

It hurt Kyle to see that his girlfriend still had the insecurities. He hoped he was a good help in making Tess realize that he loved her the way she was. And he tried every day to make her see that he would never intend to hurt her.

“You’re my favourite Martian.” Kyle said to Tess. He wasn’t good in handling emotions but he wanted to make Tess feel wanted and needed. He knew sometimes he had weird ways of showing her his love and right now he couldn’t imagine his life without her.
“And you’re my favourite human, for now.” Tess returned with a small smile.

“What do you mean for now? I should be your all-time favourite human. That’s what I get for being such a great boyfriend.” Kyle sniffed fake to show Tess that he played along.

“Stop pretending to be hurt and let’s go. Alex is probably already waiting for us.” Tess changed the topic so they wouldn’t be late. She didn’t want to dwell too long on this topic. They were good and deep down she knew nothing would change that for a long time.

“You know, we’re not done. I want to know who is also a candidate for “Tess’ favourite human ever””.

“We discuss this tonight.” After saying this, Kyle had a happy expression on his face because he knew how their nightly discussions mostly ended.

Not wanting to get on his girlfriend’s bad side again, Kyle started the car and both drove to Alex’ place.

When Alex stopped in front of the apartment building, Michael and Maria weren’t sure if their friend took the wrong direction or if he was playing a prank on them. The building was in one of Roswell’s best parts of town and it was hard to believe that Alex lived there.

By any means his parents weren’t poor but even for them it would be too expensive to have their son living in that area.

“Whoa…tell me you’re living here and you’re not playing a prank on us.” Maria asked flabbergasted.

“I live here and I’m not playing a prank on you.” Alex replied like she wished.

“You really live here? Here? In that building? Having an apartment with a room for you and can do what people do when they have their own apartment?”

“Yes.”

“And you’re not making fun of me? Please tell me, you’re not making fun of us.” Maria rambled on and on. The looks she received by Michael and Alex, she knew she looked like a crazy person.

“I really live here. Selene arranged this all for me. And also I didn’t know it was going to be in that building and in this part of town. I’m just glad I have a place to live and don’t need to crush on my friends’ couches because my parents didn’t care. Would you mind now going inside?” Alex asked Maria. He could understand her behaviour. He didn’t react better than her when he realized where he was going to live. Thanks to Selene, he had a new home.

The ride in the lift felt like an eternity and the silence between them was unnerving. Alex observed Michael and Maria. Both were antsy and nervous. He guessed, Michael was curious. Maria’s nerviness was based on her fear of changes. She never coped well with changes. Alex didn’t want to make her feel that way because he also was scared sometimes of the changes he had been through and still would face.

Arriving on the last level , Alex led the way.

When he opened the door to his apartment, he asked Maria and Michael to step inside. As they saw Alex’ place, both were amazed.

It took them longer than they thought to get to Alex‘ place. Following Liz’ directions, Max thought she might have given him the wrong direction but after he checked the address for the tenth times, for what he received glares by Liz and Isabel, he followed his girlfriend’s lead. Max had never been in this part of town but sometimes his parents talked about it.

It was known as wealthy area and the properties cost a fortune.

So when he parked in front of an apartment complex the three teenagers were sure to have the wrong address. After calling Alex to check she didn’t misunderstand his directions, Liz informed Max and Isabel that they were right.

Max still couldn’t believe that Alex lived there. Even his parents couldn’t afford living in that area so it was kind of surprising that a teenage boy who had a similar social background like him could afford it.

While Liz and Isabel still talked about helping Alex decorating his apartment and going with him furniture shopping, Max still thought about this new development in Alex’ life. He couldn’t imagine how it had to be being on his own suddenly. But his parents weren’t like Alex’. They wouldn’t abandon Isabel and him, so he hoped.

“Does one of you know how Alex got the apartment?” Max asked the two girls. He knew he shouldn’t be suspicious but he couldn’t help himself. He had that nagging feeling that there was more to it.

“No idea how. Alex didn’t say much about it. He just mentioned that his friends from Europe helped him. Any further questions were shot down by him saying he doesn’t know what his friends did but they helped him.” Liz explained.

Liz wouldn’t admit it but she was a bit jealous that Alex turned to his new friends and not to Maria and her. They would have helped him in finding a new place. She would have even tried to convince her parents to let Alex live with them but it seemed he didn’t need her. And it hurt.

Lost in her thoughts, Liz didn’t notice that they already stood in front of Alex’ apartment.

“Hey, you’re finally here. Come in and feel like home.” Alex greeted them.
When Isabel, Max and Liz entered the apartment, they were blown away. Alex’ new home was big. Max and Isabel were certain that this place was bigger than their parents’ house.

Everything looked fancy.

The apartment had a small hall that led to the living area. Both girls were fascinated by the decoration and interior as they stepped into the living area. Going further into the apartment, there was another hall, which led to the bedrooms. On the other side was the kitchen.

“Great you made it. Now we just need to wait for Kyle and Tess then we can start.” Maria greeted the others, who still looked perplexed. “If you aren’t into eating flies then I suggest you close your mouths.” She advised.

Hearing this, the three teenagers obliged.

“Alex, this is…wow…this is huge.” Liz told Alex while she looked around the apartment. She was almost afraid to touch anything. Everything looked so different. Liz couldn’t remember ever being in such a home.

On the walls were various paintings, whose artist she didn’t know but she was sure those were originals.

“Thanks. Yeah, it’s really spacious.” Alex smiled sheepishly knowing it was an understatement.

“Spacious? It’s fucking awesome. I’m glad your parents left you behind.” Michael yelled from his place on the big couch where he was watching TV.

“Michael! Stop saying this.” Maria admonished her boyfriend.

“Alex knows what I mean. Right Alex?” Michael looked over to Alex.

“Sure, I do.” Alex replied when he went back into the kitchen.

“See, Alex doesn’t mind. Maxwell, have you seen the big flat screen? It’s damn huge, come over here and take a seat.” Michael called Max over. Shrugging at the girls, Max walked over to Michael.

“I’m fascinated by his attention span.” Maria shook her head.

“I’m fascinated that Michael paid attention to the details in the apartment.” Liz added amused, which earned her an evil look by Maria.

“Dude, the apartment is awesome. It’s so damn awesome. And the TV is awesome.” Kyle announced for the 100th time since he and Tess arrived.

“Oh my god, would you please stop saying it. We get it. The apartment is awesome. We all told Alex that his apartment is awesome. But it gets annoying when you say it every time, he shows us another picture. So please, be quiet enjoy the pictures, the food and the fun. Can you do that?” Tess held her boyfriend’s face in her hands, hoping he focused on her words and nothing else.

Mumbling an incoherent answer and nodding, Tess released Kyle’s head and gave him a kiss on the cheek. “Good boy.”

“Well, at least Kyle chose the right moment to announce his excitement.” Michael added from his spot on the couch.

“Excitement? You should have seen his reaction downstairs when he saw Alex’ car. He was squealing like a girl.” Tess told the others, not understanding how a simple car could evolve such a reaction from a grown man.

“I did not squeal. I was fascinated by the view that this wonderful vehicle provided.” Kyle tried to justify his reaction.

“You do realize that you will never be allowed to drive my car.” Alex looked at his friend, understanding the subtle message he tried to deliver.

“Oh come on man. Just around the block.” Kyle whined.

“Stop trying. I already asked and he isn’t going to change his opinion.” Michael mumbled.

“Michael is right.” Alex grinned at Kyle.

“Bummer.” Kyle muttered under his breath, disappointed that he didn’t get the chance to drive the car.

“Can we stop talking about the car and keep watching the slides? It gets annoying when you act like children” Isabel interrupted the discussion about Alex’ car and apartment.

Even she was still amazed. Overwhelmed by the changes she saw. Knowing that Alex changed was one thing but the seeing how his whole life had changed was another thing. Isabel realized but mostly feared that his life was going to change so drastically that there wouldn’t be a place for her.

And knowing that Alex might be able to not need her, scared Isabel.

“Isabel is right. Let’s relax and keep watching the slides. I bet Alex has a lot to show us.” Liz supported Isabel. Knowing Kyle, he would keep pushing the issue until either he would get his way or someone would get annoyed by his antics and snap.

When it became quiet, especially Kyle and Michael, Alex proceeded with his screening. Here and there Alex would tell them a story to a slide. The others got to see Alex’ host family, the people he met and his snowboard adventures were also a topic. The boys were rather interested in Alex’ skills than the girls were.

Finishing his slides from Sweden, Alex proceeded to show them the ones from his tour through several European cities.

When his exchange program ended, Alex could have returned to Roswell or stay longer in Europe and discover the continent. Though his parents left the decision to him – while they seemed to not care so much either he came back or not – Alex chose to make a backpacker trip through Europe. It was a unique chance he wanted to take.

Of course his decision wasn’t welcome by his friends. Especially Liz and Maria were saddened by his decision. Around that time things in Roswell became weird, dangerous and messed up. But seeing what Alex experienced while being away from the alien abyss, made them realize that he had needed the trip. He seemed to be carefree and confident. There was an aura around him they never noticed before.

The evening got an interesting turn when the new slide turned up, it got everyone’s attention; Michael and Kyle wooed to the picture.

“Whitman, you dog. Didn’t know you were into that shit. Was it worth it?” Kyle hollered amused, particularly also knowing what was about to come.

“Alexander Charles Whitman, tell me you did not do what I think you might have done?” Maria gritted through her teeth. The level of anger was visible on her face and right now everyone was glad to not be Alex.

Liz was just sitting there with her mouth hanging open not able to say anything. Max was looking at a snickering Michael, an angry Maria and a shocked Isabel; though he was sure she would soon reach her boiling point.

“Oh my god. Did you? I mean, you don’t need to but did you pay for it?” Tess said slowly, trying to cover her shock.

“What? No, no ,no…you got it all wrong. I just visited the district, which is part of the sightseeing tour in Amsterdam.” Alex explained but he knew nothing would help him now. And he couldn’t figure out how that certain slide came among the others.

“It’s part of the tour? Alex, you’re in front of a whorehouse. And in the background, the hooker is making obscene gestures.” Maria raised her voice with every word.

“It was just for fun. I didn’t see her gestures. Come on, you aren’t even supposed to see this. The slide came between the others. And I didn’t do anything there.” Alex explained again but he could feel his face burning up out of embarrassment. Back then it had been fun and something he hadn’t even considered to see or visit. But now, his decision was coming back biting him in the ass.

“It’s a whorehouse. A whorehouse. What the hell were you thinking?” Maria shrieked. By now no one tried to intervene. The others knew it wouldn’t change anything.

“It was just for fun. I was looking for fun and didn’t think. What I mean is, I wanted to see a new town. Alright, I visited the Red-light District but it was out of curiosity and not because I was horny. Besides, the Red-light District of Amsterdam is famous and I wanted to know why. Nothing else.” Alex told Maria, whose expression seemed to relax after hearing what he said.

“So you really didn’t pay for any services that are illegal in our country?” Isabel asked when she turned to Alex and pinned him with a look that he knew too well. She meant business and Alex didn’t intend to enrage another girl.

“No, I didn’t.” Alex told her.

“Good to know Whitman. Then you can tell us why this naked girl is all over you?” Michael asked when he came back from his bathroom break without being noticed by the others. He held Alex’ camera looking intently at the screen.

“WHAT?” Everyone shouted after Michael’s exclamation.

The night couldn’t get worse, Alex thought seeing the looks on his friends’ faces: shock, anger and curiosity. Alex wasn’t afraid or scared of their reactions, he just didn’t want to reveal too much about his life away from Roswell – especially about his private life.

All eyes were on him and everyone waited for an answer. It wasn’t their business but he didn’t need to care what he does. It was his life and his decisions.

“A girl I met and spent some time with when I was in Greece.” Alex replied shortly.

“It’s obvious you had a great time. Kyle, look at this.” Michael handed over the camera to Kyle. But Tess interfered by giving Michael and Kyle the evil look so both boys wouldn’t dare to make any further comments.

Michael decided to give Alex the camera and not make any comments. He knew that Maria wouldn’t like to see him making fun of Alex. But before Alex got the camera, Maria snatched the camera from Michael and took a look at the screen.

Out of curiosity, Liz leaned over to take a look. When she saw the motive, she could feel the blush spreading over her face. There were things Liz didn’t need to know about Alex; seeing him barely clothed and with a strange, naked girl tangled around him was too much for her.

“Oh uhm…you seem…I mean…she’s beautiful.” Liz stuttered embarrassed when she noticed the looks everyone else was giving her. “What I wanted to say is that the beach looks very nice.”

“Oh yeah, the beach is the real eye catcher here, Liz.” Kyle added sarcastically.

“Just what the hell were you doing in Europe?” Maria asked, looking at Alex.

Somewhere in Europe

“You worry too much. Relax a bit. Everything will be alright with Alex. He just needs more time to adjust to his new situation.” Michael soothed his girlfriend, who was pacing back and forth.

He knew that she felt uneasy about letting Alex go back to the USA without surveillance. It had been a big risk for them. Though they had tried to help Alex as much as they could, Michael knew they couldn’t help him controlling his feelings. The boy needed to deal with it on his own as well.

Since Alex left, Selene had been worried – what she would deny.

“I’m not worried but I can’t be too sure about Alex. He’s still young. In this age, he has bigger problems controlling himself. You know that he had big problems controlling his powers. He is nowhere safe and a wrong move could mean trouble for him. Right now, he probably enjoys being a teenager…” Selene replied before Michael interrupted her.

“After what he went through, of course it’s what he does. It would be wrong to assume that he was hundred per cent alright.” Michael interjected.

“I don’t want to do something that could be a risk for him.”

“What do you suggest then?”

“We wait.”

~TBC~