Rumors of Reincarnation (CC, Khivar/Mature) Pt.92 12/22[WIP]

This is the place where fics that have not been updated in the past three months will be moved until the author asks a mod to move them back to an active board.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, truelovepooh, Forum Moderators

paper
Addicted Roswellian

Rumors of Reincarnation (CC, Khivar/Mature) Pt.61 2/2/09

Post by paper »

Welcome, Khivar-Groupies, :mrgreen:

Janetfl wrote:Oh dear I would have open my big mouth and give Khivar a way to get the granilith. Oh well I will just have to wait and see what he comes up with next. Another great chapter Paper. JAN :mrgreen:
Never fear, Jan! Khivar hasn’t gotten a hold of it yet.
Tess really isn’t as helpful as she wants them to think. She knows where the big G is, but they don’t know that she knows. :shock:
Thanks for your sweet feedback! I hope you like your two “Tess” chappies! :D
I couldn’t find a song to fit Tess so I put this one in for her effect on Max.
Wow another awesome two chptrs paper! I love the way you write! carrie :D
Thank you, Carrie! You are too kind! I’m so glad that you like this! I feel so bad that I don’t have time to do any reading now! I don’t know how you people can write so many stories at once and yours are all fabulous! This is sorely challenging my faculties. Let me know if it starts to get boring, ok?
Share the reward. That sounds ominous. It would seem that no reward of fortune could be received from Khivar. ken r
Four heads for the price of one. Where else are you gonna get a deal like that? Thanks for your discerning feedback, Ken.
I try to make it as ominous as I can but Khivar is such a sweet retiring soul that it doesn’t always work out the way I imagine it. :shock:

Khivar gets his reward in the first section of this part. And Tess makes a “departure” from center stage.

61 Unexpected Company

I’ve become so numb. I can’t feel you there.
I’ve become so tired. So much more aware.
I’m becoming this. All I want to do,
Is be more like me. And be less like you.

“Zamn!”

He slaps his leg. Hard.

“Zamn!”

He slaps the back of his neck and leaves a bright red hand print.

‘Where did all these fracking bugs come from?’

Besides the erratic weather conditions still causing chaos in every corner, there is now an epidemic sweeping the globe.

A multitude of Insects and viruses are wreaking havoc on battered immune systems weakened by stress and exposed to unsanitary conditions due to the massive flooding everywhere. Although overcrowding has eased up with the new housing program, vermin seem to have reproduced exponentially in the previously dire conditions. Lack of medical supplies is still a major hindrance as most healers have died or he had them killed when the original “Zan War” started.

Serena is opening a new lab today to produce a serum she says will boost immunity and counteract the insect-transmitted diseases. ‘Maybe I’d better take some myself?’

Khivar sees another mozkeeto flying right towards him and he raises his hand and lets loose with a stream of energy that takes out the pesky insect still in flight.

“Gotcha!”

Unfortunately, he’s also just fried his communication equipment for the third time this week. Good thing he’d just finished reading the communiqué from Nicholas!

Today’s report details were both amusing and informative!

It seems Ava, or Tess as she is called now on Terran, has showed up at Nicholas’s new stronghold asking for asylum.
She convinced the hapless Zan that she was having his baby and that it couldn’t survive on Terran.

‘Impressive! Looks like he was able to ‘get it up’ even with all those chemicals in his system.

Normally, they have the opposite effect and a guy is incapable of producing a stiffy.

Tess must be better than she looks! Or maybe humans react differently to what Tess has been slipping into his soda?’

Can’t you see that you’re smothering me?
Holding too tightly, afraid to lose control.
‘Cause everything that you thought I would be,
Has fallen apart right in front of you.
(Caught in the undertow, just caught in the undertow.)

Every step that I take is another mistake to you.
(Caught in the undertow, just caught in the undertow.)
And every second I waste is more than I can take.

She tried to get Zan to take her back to Antar in the Granolith and to bring Rath and Vilandra with them.

‘What a coup that would have been! It would have saved me a trip! But then I’d have done all this studying for nothing! Who cares how many different forms of governments there are on Terran? I certainly couldn’t care less, if I had access to the Granolith.’

Unfortunately, Zan didn’t go for her ploy to deliver him up for slaughter. Some humans showed up at the last minute and talked him out of it. The Zan sympathizers made up all kinds of terrible lies and blamed her. Tess had to warp the whole lot of them just to get away. She says they all think she blasted off to Antar alone in the Granolith’s transport. Just her and her Zan-bun.

Apparently, Zan didn’t care that his spawn was “dying from the poisons in Terran’s atmosphere.” ‘Who would?’

‘This Ava clone isn’t any smarter than her original. Although, at least she is able to mindwarp the Zan clone completely now. On Antar she had to be very careful not to get caught. And she could never get a complex warp to jell without fear of exposure when it all fell apart. She says things are different now and she can warp Zan anytime she wants.

She took Nicholas back to the place where Zan was hiding the granolith and it had been moved. When I get there, I will find it myself. Ava is even less competent than my doofus general!

I told Nicholas to keep her on ice for now. A warper is always useful. Maybe when I can reassess the situation, we can finally accomplish SOMETHING! It shouldn’t be long before I leave for Terran. Serena is making progress on the wormhole generator, finally!’

I’ve become so numb. I can’t feel you there.
I’ve become so tired. So much more aware.
I’m becoming this. All I want to do,
Is be more like me. And be less like you.

Numb by Linkin Park

Kavar Khivar A Despot's work is never done.
paper
Addicted Roswellian

Rumors of Reincarnation (CC, Khivar/Mature) Pt.62 2/4/09

Post by paper »

Welcome readers! Sorry I was MIA yesterday. I started a new job & I’m worn out.
If I can still find the time to write, we should be on Earth by this weekend! Yeah!
Janetfl wrote:Oh now that's a new spin on the granilith. I am glad the pod squad minus Tess had the sense to move the granilith!!! Nice one Paper!!!! Ohhh I still hope that she get's her due though, maybe Khivar can fry her ass or something!!! LOVE IT JAN :mrgreen:

Thanks, Jan! You are so kind! :D :D :D I’d like to take the credit, but the pod squad thinks that Tess blasted off in the granolith and the mountain melted as it shot out and streaked across the sky. And then all Max could think about was how he needed to find his son. (Don’t get me started!)

If they’d have just TURNED AROUND they would have noticed that all the molten rock that spewed out as the granolith made a hole in the rock had suddenly evaporated to nothingingness. 8) 8) 8) A huge trackable object hurled out into the cosmos and no one else on Earth noticed. There was no mention on the news of a ship leaving orbit and no one noticed any change in the rock structure at Vasquez Rock.

THEY all saw it go, so it wasn’t invisible. :shock: No military invaded the area to find out what happened. Maybe that’s because it never really happened at all. Tess couldn’t hold it any longer and let go of the warp. It was an illusion and then Tess did something to ALL OUR MINDS to cause everyone to conveniently forget what happened. Tess has her own agenda. She knew where the granolith was all the while. Who knows what hunk of rock she brought Nicholas to see to throw him off?

This concludes the “Tess Chronicles” at least for now. :mrgreen:

62 - Prepare to Fly

Time crawls by and progress creeps along at a mimsy pace. Two and a quarter lunar cycles have come and gone. That means that an entire solar cycle has passed on Terran, according to Serena’s calculations.

The party’s over
It’s time to call it a day
They’ve burst your pretty balloon
And taken the moon away

Orbital irregularities have stabilized and the planet is no longer shaking and quaking every few weeks! Clean up continues as waterways are scoured of debris and water is purified. The insect populations have been brought under control with biological sprays that Serena’s new medical advisory team developed. The drought continues and efforts to irrigate the thirsty crops are of the highest priority. Life goes on. People are finding ways to cope with the higher temperatures and airy reflective clothing has become all the rage.

It’s way more crowded than it used to be, but complaints have lessened as everyone tries to co-exist peacefully. Tenants are moved into new quarters as soon as they are erected. Order has been restored to the streets. While everything appears relatively calm at first glance, the situation is still dire due to the coming ice season. Evacuation plans continue.

It’s time to wind up
The masquerade
Just make your mind up
The piper must be paid

The transport ships are being assembled sparing no available resource. Row upon row of tubes line the interior where travelers will be held in stasis. The trip won’t be very comfortable, but Khivar doesn’t intend to be among that contingent packed in like uffish jerky so the inconvenience doesn’t bother him. He will travel to Terran much faster by wormhole.

If this initial trip doesn’t retrieve the Granolith to correct the Sun’s imbalance, they will use the impressively potent ships to take Terran for themselves. He’s had his most powerful armaments built into every vessel, just in case part two of his plan is unsuccessful. Serena’s had innovative new energy converters installed to power the Intergalactic Transports for the long trip to Terran. She estimates that the original trips took 5.6 Antarian solar cycles which would work out to approximately 30 Terran Years because of the time dilation in this part of the Universe. The skins have been on Terran for 9.38 solar cycles or about 50 Terran Years.

Now that the new dark energy anti-gravity drives have been installed they simulate the effects of a black-hole, sucking matter through the front of the ship and converting it to dark energy then expelling it through the rear. This propels the ships at astronomical speeds as they are pushed not only by the expulsion effects, but also by the immense repellant forces between dark energy and the gravity that would normally slow their passage. The new engines take advantage of the black-ice technology to run the powerful converters. Serena estimates that the ships will arrive on Terran only a few weeks after they depart Antar.

‘Why waste time looking for another planet, when I already know of one that will be sufficient?’

The party’s over
The candles flicker and dim
You danced and dreamed through the night
It seemed to be right just being with him

Serena has designed and supervised the building of the new domed “Galumph Travel Center” which houses her “Prototype A”, the gargantuan machine that circulates the energy beams that will create my wormholes. The roof of the new Travel Center is constructed out of the same hard diamond glass that Crystal Palace boasts and is concave instead of convex so it will act like a lens. It would hold a lake of water if it were allowed. But it is not. The roof is kept meticulously polished and dry to operate at optimal efficiency.

Energy rays will be extracted from the black ice, amassed and circulated in the prototype centrifuge chamber underneath the lens where the high frequency vibrations stimulate the graviton particles as they gyrate. The resulting supercharged wave is then radiated through the optical axis in a concentrated spinning beam to powerfully cut through the dimensional ribbons of the time/space continuum.

If you wish to know more, just ask Serena. Khivar does not concern himself with all the minutiae that are required to accomplish a task. He just demands that it gets done quickly and to HIS satisfaction.

Now you must wake up, all dreams must end
Take off your makeup, the party’s over
It’s all over, my friend

Thousands of slaves have spent countless grueling hours gathering the black ice needed to fuel the new wormhole creator and transporting the treacherous material back to the new storage yard at the Galumph Travel Center. Serena has developed this prototype to extract the energy from the black crystals and calculated all the variables needed to pass the concentrated beam through the center of the crystal at just the right wavelength to facilitate the dimensional wall opening. Things are shaping up nicely and the final countdown has begun.

The party’s over
It’s time to call it a day
Now you must wake up, all dreams must end

The Party’s Over as sung by Nat King Cole

paper
Addicted Roswellian

Rumors of Reincarnation (CC, Khivar/Mature) Pt.63 2/5/09

Post by paper »

Welcome readers!

Now that Ken has set me straight on where to find Copper Summit, we can finally get on with this. Thanks Ken!
Janetfl wrote:Oh good lord they are all in trouble now if he is planning on going to earth. I wonder how much resistance he is going to get and who from!! I can't wait for the next chapter Paper, brilliant as usual.
JAN :mrgreen:
Jan, you always make my day! Thank you! I’m afraid that this chapter is just a little housecleaning before one departs. Tomorrow, the delights of Earth will cushion his first experiences with our alien planet. I’m sure he will be his usual charming self, so things should go smoothly.

63 - Covering the Borogoves

Time has come today
Young hearts can’t go their way
Can’t put it off another day

I don’t care what others say
They say we don’t listen anyway
Time has come today Hey!

The room has changed today
I have no place to stay
I’m thinking about the subway
My love has blown away

As things come together, Khivar prepares to leave his home, to travel across the vast chasms of space and time to retrieve the love of his life. He’s been dreaming of her charms and each day is like a million years without her. He yearns to hold her in his arms and show her just how much she means to him. He wants to make love to her and hear her cries of ecstasy. He wants to tell her how sorry he is that they were ever separated and that he’d never intended to lose her. That SHE is his soul’s mate.

Then he will convince her to show him where the granolith is kept. Business is business. She will share in the accolades of a grateful galaxy. He is sure that Zan has shared his secrets with her, simply because of the immense love and respect he felt coming from Zan and projected towards the beautiful haunting creature that obviously returned his love and respect in equal measure.

‘So that is what familial love is like? I never dreamed it could be so strong. Even more evidence that Serena and I can’t be blood kin. I could never feel that way about MY sister! Perhaps it is a clone thing?’

He leaves his most trusted staff in power and sets up checks and balances to prevent an overthrow. He’s gone so far as to tell his beloved sister, Serena, that she would be beheaded in the town square if he doesn’t return successfully. He covers all his borogoves.

‘While the fheline’s away the rath’s will play’, he thinks to himself.

It wouldn’t do to return and find he’d been deposed in his absence. Tove will be in charge while he’s gone. He may be the only one in the entire galaxy that can be trusted implicitly. He has no use for politics and it’s intrigues. The man would sooner cut off his hand than sit and sign documents into law.

The new energy source seems to be quite promising – black ice. It had been under their noses all the while, just waiting for the right moment to save the situation. It seems to be immensely powerful. He is already hatching plans for extended uses after he returns from his little stopover in what the Terran’s call the “Milk” galaxy.

He doesn’t know what “milk” is, but who cares?

My tears have come and gone
Oh my lord, I have to roam
I have no home Hey!
I have no home Hey!

Now the time has come
No place to run
I might get burned up by the sun
But I’ll have my fun!

Serena has explained the process in quantum detail so there will be no surprises. His body will stay behind in a special stasis chamber while only his essence will be inserted into the energy beam and transported. This saves a good deal of the resources that would otherwise be required to transport a complete body. And he should have no trouble finding a host human to commandeer while in pursuit of his mission.

When he is ready to return with Vilandra, he can simply ready the omnipotent Granolith to transport the both of them and discard the confiscated human shell at his leisure. He’s never actually SEEN the granolith, but he is sure that once he comes in contact with it, he will know what to do. Failure is not an option.

He is still smarting over the bit of bad luck with that sham “Leader’s Summit” Nicholas had arranged with Zan and the other planetary heads over two lunar cycles ago, but nothing will stop him this time. He feels lucky. Nicholas’s last report was filled with more of his usual failings. But HE would rectify things when he gets to Terran.

“Never send a boy to do an Emperor’s job,” he chortles, thinking again of Nicholas’s husk.

He gets into the stasis chamber to undergo suspended animation as his lackeys activate the process to transport his essence.

I’ve been loved and put aside
I’ve been crushed by tumbling tide
And my soul has been psychedelicized

+ + + +

Khivar ruminates over the problems he must rectify while he waits for something to happen.

He won’t let Nicholas get by with half-hearted efforts to reclaim what is his. The dunce let Zan get the better of him and wipe out the entire second harvest that was grown from cloned spores to replace the deteriorating husks they had to don after the first 50 years. All that time and effort to regrow the degenerating husks and nothing to show for it. Twenty years down the drain. It was NEVER supposed to take him this long. Maybe the fool LIKES his boy costume a little too much?

Then he messed up the plan to drug Zan and get him to reveal the whereabouts of the Granolith that way. Even Avaria’s mindwarping didn’t help and she had to skedaddle with her tail between her legs. Now she is living the high life as an “Advisor” to Nicholas!

And Zan still roams free. The General is also always jabbering about some FBI or SU something or other, as well. With all of Nicholas’s skills, his accomplishments are practically nil. If he can’t redeem himself while Khivar is on-planet, then he and his team will be abandoned there to die of their misdeeds.

As the whir of powerful engines drone on, Khivar’s essence enters the wormhole to retrieve his possessions.

As the humming stasis chamber cradles the motionless figure, he leaves a hollow shell in his wake.

Now the time has come
There are things to realize
Time has come today

Time has come today

Time.

Time.

Time.

Time. . .

By the Chambers Brothers

paper
Addicted Roswellian

Rumors of Reincarnation (CC, Khivar/Mature) Pt.64 2/6/09

Post by paper »

Welcome Readers. The long journey has lead us to this.
Janetfl wrote:Nicholas does have a lot to answer for! I wonder what Khivar will do to him when he is there? Will he actually do anything to him? Or are you sticking to exact CC? Paper this was another brilliant chapter! JAN :mrgreen:
Hi Jan! I’m trying to be faithful. :twisted:
Khivar will deal with his underlings when the time is right. Thank you so much for your sweet feedback! :D
letting Khivar take over some else's body is a theme that many of us use. the canon set this up very well. i explored once Khivar taking over the body of a serial killer. He found himself in a husk that was worse than even he was, if that was possible. Thinking of the many stories of alien possession there is question, what it the owner of the body doing while being possessed? Leaving your original body in someone else's charge is scary especially if you have lots of enemies. watching and learning. ken r
Since Denny didn’t remember what had happened, we will have to assume that his awareness was “unconscious” during the invasion of the body snatcher. :twisted: Thanks for your feedback, Ken!

My new job has asked me to increase my hours. I’m going to try to keep this 'daily' for as long as I can, but there will be no posts on Sundays from now on. I need a day to write! And maybe to read a little too. :mrgreen:

Does everyone like my wormhole picture? I shot it myself on the fourth of July. :lol: :lol: :shock:

Key: "talking" 'thinking'

64 - Dumpster Dive

Hope dangles on a string
Like slow spinning redemption,
Winding in and winding out,
The shine of which has caught my eye,

And roped me in so mesmerizing, and so hypnotizing,
I am captivated.

I am vindicated
I am selfish, I am wrong
I am right, I swear I’m right, swear I knew it all along,
and I am flawed but I am cleaning up so well
I am seeing in me now the things you swore you saw yourself, so clear
Like the diamond in your ring, cut to mirror your intentions
Over-sized and overwhelmed,
The shine of which has caught my eye
And rendered me so isolated and so motivated
I am certain now that

I am vindicated
I am selfish, I am wrong
I am right, I swear I’m right, swear I knew it all along and
I am flawed but I am cleaning up so well
I am seeing in me now the things you swore you saw yourself

Excruciating pains runs through his entire awareness. But he feels himself moving forward so he remains calm and concentrates all his energy on his task. Holding it together. He wasn’t in the stasis chamber long before he found himself being whipped through a vortex and spun rapidly through what felt like a long pliable straw.

He feels sick as he continues hurtling down the shaft and he is being bumped and tumbled as he spins along through the transport wave tube and crashes against the sides. Maybe he should have asked for a seat belt?

Suddenly, there is immense calm all around him. Then a loud crashing noise startles him and he is hurled through the vortex on the other side.

Terran. Earth.

He finds himself inside a large green metal container filled almost to the brim with various colored bags and assorted debris. The rubbish seems to have cushioned his landing. The smell is a bit over-powering and he doesn’t even HAVE nostrils yet.

He feels his very essence burning from the poisonous atmosphere of this toxic haven. He sniffs around for a suitable life form and finds a passing specimen. He hurriedly enters the being’s conscious and takes over his corporeal form.

Denny Ridgley. The name is embroidered in Antarian letters on his shirt pocket. His vision is taking a little while to adjust and the color spectrum seems to be “off”. His shirt is not helping matters.

‘What are all these curious blue and white squares on my clothing? They make my eyes hurt!’

He seems to be on some sort of thoroughfare. There are people everywhere. He’s never seen so many in one place. The large sign on that funny looking tower says Hyatt Regency Phoenix of Copper Square. Isn’t he supposed to be in Copper Summit? There are oddly shaped fan-headed trees all around and the building looks like it has some sort of ship perched on the top of it. He wonders how the Zinderian firebird name came to rest on a Terran building. Large metal and glass structures line the hard surface under his feet that feels relatively smooth. ‘Why would they cover the ground this way?’ He sits on a conveniently placed bench and wonders what all these beings are hiding in those brightly colored sacks they cling to as they hurry by him.

It’s very hot here. You could fry your jubjub eggs on the pathway surface! Everyone is wearing white. Or if they wear colors, they have some sort of navy material on the bottom. He looks down at his own form. “Hmmmm. I also am in these uniform trousers.” He gets up and walks over to one of the reflective surfaces that seem to coat all of the lower portions of the structures in this area and peruses his reflection in the glass of a store window.

He is wearing a greasy old flannel shirt, a rudimentary pair of dirty jeans and some funny uncomfortable boots with a pointed toe and he is immediately disgruntled by the unfamiliar attire. ‘Ugh!’ He would have to find new threads as his first order of business. He wouldn’t be caught dead in clothing like this!

He sets his locator beacon to make contact with Nicholas in Copper Summit, who may be some distance away since the wormhole could not be adjusted exactly. As he glances once more at his uncouth reflection, his eyes refocus to take in what is just beyond his own handsome face. Khivar notices that there is apparel hanging on frozen humans just on the other side of the glass. What luck! He meanders inside the genteel establishment to choose new threads.
The salesladies fall all over themselves trying to please him when he tells them he is in need of proper attire and to spare no expense. When he is suitably decked out, he informs them he shall be on his way to attend to his business. The formerly obliging clerks get a little testy when he starts to leave in their designer threads without payment. Khivar shall have none of this. He makes a broad gesture with his arm, which sweeps the luckless ladies off their feet and slams them against the wall. By the time they regain consciousness, the Emperor is long gone.

Time is of the essence since he doesn’t know how long he can hold this body. If he can’t locate Zan and complete his mission on time, he will have to return via the wormhole and try again with the narrowed coordinates. Though he is using vast personal resources to maintain control of this human vessel, he judges that he has 3 or 4 Terran light cycles to complete his quest.

He strides down what looks like a busy thoroughfare. Strange rolling land kroozers honk noisily behind him as they are blocked by his course. He stops and looks behind him at the man that just exited his vehicle and started shouting something unrecognizable. Then, amazingly, the human gives him the Antarian Royal Guard three finger salute and tells him “Read between the lines, Bozo!”

‘How odd? Does he recognize me somehow?’

No matter. He has spotted an open-air dining facility, so he turns his back on the insignificant human and wanders over to an outdoor table where he orders some food be brought immediately. The puzzled waitress gives the well-dressed traveler a strange look as she rushes to put in the order for something he called their best “repast and libation”.

Fortunately, Copper Summit wasn’t too far off target and Nicholas arrives before it is time to pay the check for the 6-course meal that was delivered to his table over the course of the afternoon. Not a bad first meal on Terran. He was particularly enamored of that amazing cold white liquid. ‘How refreshing!’ He’s never seen anything like it. ‘Amazingly delicious!’ Khivar stuffed himself to compensate for the energy drain he is feeling. Now that he has finished, Nicholas had his goons settle up with the waitress in the back room and they were happily on their way. The goons each grabbed a serving of the free meal to munch on the way back.

‘These Bhrillig have lost all refinement,’ Khivar mused with raised eyebrow. ‘This strange and backward world seems to have many unforeseen deleterious effects.’

He allows his General to lead him to the transport. He has to remind himself that Nicholas does have that useful skill of mind-walking and he may yet need him to get the information from Zan, so he can’t fry his ass just yet.

If Khivar had that skill, Nicholas would already be dead.

So turn up the corners of your lips
Part them and feel my finger tips
Trace the moment for forever
Defenses paper thin
Just one touch and I’d be in
Too deep now to ever swim against the current

So let me slip away
So let me slip away
So let me slip away
So let me slip against the current
So let me slip away
So let me slip away
So let me slip away
So let me slip away

Vindicated,
I am selfish, I am wrong,
I am right, I swear I’m right, swear I knew it all along,
And I am flawed but I am cleaning up so well,
I am seeing in me now the things you swore you saw yourself.

Slight hope, it dangles on a string, like slow spinning redemption

Vindicated by Dashboard Confessional

paper
Addicted Roswellian

Rumors of Reincarnation (CC, Khivar/Mature) Pt.65 2/7/09

Post by paper »

Welcome to the planet,
Janetfl wrote:
Then, amazingly, the human gives him the Antarian Royal Guard three finger salute and tells him “Read between the lines, Bozo!”
‘How odd? Does he recognize me somehow?’
Oh I just loved those lines!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: It's a good job Nicholas has his power otherwise he would be dead now!!! I LOVE THIS JAN :mrgreen:
Thanks Jan!
Nicholas might as well be dead. Did he get a single line in season 3? Nicholas and Tess are both living on borrowed time perhaps. They both have skills that Khivar doesn’t have. Will he or won’t he? We know that Tess makes it back and someone gave her a ship to do it in. So I guess (sigh) they are safe for now.

RUMORS OF REINCARNATION CALENDAR
11/27/1920 Khivar liberates galaxy /kills Zan Calendar begins at zero to honor Emperor.
06/14/1947 Roswell Crash Year 5.06
11/27/2000 New York Summit Year 15.00
04/16/2001 Drugged Max kisses Tess at Prom Year 15.07
05/21/2001 Tess mindwarps G departure Year 15.09
11/13/2001 Vilandra marries human Year 15.19

Disclaimer: All flashes received from Vilandra are direct quotes from various Roswell episodes preceding Isabel’s wedding. Only the names have been changed to protect the innocent (Kavar).

65 – First Contact

Whose eyes am I behind?
I don’t recognize anything that I see.
Whose skin is this design?
I don’t want this to be the way that you see me.

Nicholas updated him on the journey back to the rebuilt Copper Summit, Arizona in one of Terran’s funny land- kroozers. It rumbled along and bounced almost as bad as the interior of the wormhole! He was beginning to see just how bad Nicholas’s intrepid crew had it here. It was terrible and it took forever!

Nicholas was debriefing him on the details of his mission since they last spoke. He explained that after the summit he had followed the clueless Zan and always annoying Avaria back to their formerly-hidden base of operations in a town called “Roz’s Well”. He would be thankful for a water source right now, himself. He is parched to the bone! The air is hot and dry and burns as it passes through these unfamiliar lungs.

When his little convoy arrives at his newly reconstructed base, his General gets him situated in a ramshackle homestead which was hastily vacated by the mayor and his family. Alas, it was the best unit available but it is a far cry from his normal expectations. The sanitary facilities are horrendous! There is no pool and he is expected to eat in the kitchen. In the kitchen!!! It is worse than camping out at the Wabe.

After additional refreshments to fortify his paltry containment vessel, they retire to the sitting room to talk. With formalities out of the way, the discussion turns to the job at hand.

Seems he has arrived on this hunk of dung just in the “Nick” of time. The news is not good. As luck would have it, the refined clone is in the process of tying herself to a Terran in a local custom Nicholas explains is called a “wedding”.

It would not do to have her sullied by such lower life-forms before he can claim his prize. He decides to make his presence known in a mind-link with his Princess tonight to prevent this travesty.

It amuses and disgruntles him that she would kowtow to Terran conventions by attempting to content herself with tying her bond to one of these common riffraff.

‘The fates have indeed smiled on the hapless Princess when they delivered me to this planet in time to prevent her grave mistake.’

I don’t understand anything anymore
And this world that I’m tired of
Is taking me right up these walls
That I climb up to get to your story
It’s anything but ordinary

And when the world is on its knees with me its fine
And when I come to the rescue I get nothing but left behind
Everybody seems to be getting what they need; where’s mine?
‘Cause you’re what I need so very, but I’m anything but ordinary

Khivar retires to his modest sleeping quarters and reclines on the uncomfortable mattress to relax and attempt the mind-link with Vilandra. Luck smiles upon him as he finds her exhausted and hovering at the edge of sleep from a long day of dealing with tiresome wedding vendors.

It takes a lot out of him to maneuver his way into her psyche from this weak vessel, but he is able to force himself into a connection with the semi-conscious Vilandra. He sets up the scenario within the familiar grand hall of the old Palace on Antar where giant floor-to-ceiling doors lie open to the evening courtyard, romantically draped with excessively long wispy transparent curtains billowing softly in the evening breeze as a gentle tune fills the air.

Shadows and light do battle as he enters slowly through the farthest door with his hands encased casually in his pockets and his muscular form smartly decked out in dashing black formal attire. As his smoldering blue eyes capture her rich brown orbs and incarcerate them, Kavar approaches leisurely and confidently with a disarming smile upon his lips.

Can you save me from this world of mine?
Before I get myself arrested with this expectation
You are the one. Look what you’ve done
What have you done?
This is not some kind of joke. You’re just a kid.
You weren’t ready for what you did

And when the world is on its knees with me it’s fine
And when I come to the rescue I do it for you time after time
Everybody seems to be getting what they need; where’s mine?
‘Cause you’re what I need so very, but I’m anything but ordinary

His future queen awaits him in the center of the great hall, enticingly draped in a beguiling sleeveless black evening dress that bares her navel and comes to an attractive standstill atop her beautiful knees. Her proud head is held high as she awaits her paramour’s approach and her golden hair is slicked back against her head in an elegant upsweep which falls softly behind her, highlighted by the dangling metal adornments hanging from her exposed ears.

SHE is every bit the noble and dignified Princess he remembers from days gone by.

The warm night air caresses her skin as he takes her face in his hand and kisses her eager lips.

Immediately, magnetic forces haul them together clutching each other desperately as the intensity of the kisses continues to grow in magnitude and she clings to him for dear life. The steamy kisses continue as they embrace for long moments. After he’s kissed the daylights out of her, Kavar’s lips continue their exploration down to her neck and shoulders while she moans helplessly.

Flash ~ She is embarrassed that she assumed he would propose, thus forcing his hand, then she told him “no”. As she ran after him to tell him that she’d changed her mind, she bypasses a tall gangly ethereal teen she once thought she could love.

Flash~ Vilandra answers the phone: “Hello?”
Zan: “So you think you’re getting married?”
Vilandra: “How did you find out?”
Zan: “Mom tracked me down.” . . .”Look. Just don’t make any more plans till I get back.”
Vilandra: “Stop it! I’m not a child!”
Zan: “Yeah? Well you are acting like it!”
Vilandra spits out “Yeah, right!” and hangs up in anger.

Flash ~ Vilandra is frustrated with the errant king: “Michael and I disapprove of you wondering around L.A. looking for shape-shifters”

Flash ~ Her Mother tells her “It only makes sense that you would grab ahold of the first stable thing that comes along.”
Vilandra responds with sarcasm and hurt: “Thanks for your support, Mom!”

Flash ~ She is upset and pleads with her former betrothed: “Come on, Michael! Just congratulate me.” “On what?” he asks before storming out..

The mind link suddenly falters, then wavers and he pushes a few more quick images of their union to her before he is thrown handily out of the connection.

I think I’m trying to save the world for you.
You’ll be saving me too.
We could just stay in and save each other.

I’m anything but ordinary.
I’m anything but ordinary.

When his awareness returns to his physical surroundings he gasps for air and sits up on the bed attempting to recover from the strain of diverting so much power from the job of piloting his current vessel, to instead, throw his consciousness out across the wide barren desert. The flashes are bewildering because he has no frame of reference. But there is no mistaking the animosity between Vilandra and her Terran family. This works in his favor.

It will be much easier to wait till she is sleeping and try again. This human body is sapping all his strength. It will take him a while to adjust to the inadequate container.

He spends the rest of the day in interviews with his staff here at Copper Summit to familiarize himself with local factors he may need knowledge about, when he finally moves to recover his possessions. He wishes he had thought to bring a Seer along for the ride. At least he can converse easily with his subordinates through this handy cell phone thingamajig. They work almost as good as the com-links on Antar.

Ordinary by Train

paper
Addicted Roswellian

Rumors of Reincarnation (CC, Khivar/Mature) Pt.66 2/9/09

Post by paper »

Welcome to dreamland,
Janetfl wrote:Awww I actually almost feel sorry for Khivar!! :shock: :shock: :shock: I did say ALMOST!!! Well he thinks that he can use her animosity against Zan to get her on his side ... well we all know how that turns out.
I actually believe he does love her. Another wonderful update Paper. JAN :D P.S. Yes I did like your photo of the wormhole!! :wink:
Hi Jan! Thanks so much for your sweet generous feedback! Maybe he can win Vilandra over in the next dream? I think he does love her also. He even notices her hair color in this part. That’s love, isn’t it?

Disclaimer: All flashes received from Vilandra are direct quotes from various Roswell episodes preceding Isabel’s wedding. Only the names have been changed to protect the innocent (Kavar).

Dialog in italics is also verbatim from the Roswell episodes. No infringement is intended.

66 Rendezvous in a dream with Vilandra

I think I’ve already lost you
I think you’re already gone
I think I’m finally scared now
And you think I’m weak, I think you’re wrong

I think you’re already leaving
Fells like you hand is on the door
I thought this place was an empire
And now I’m relaxed and I can’t be sure

But I think you’re so mean, I think we should try
I think I could need this in my life
And I think I’m scared, I think too much
I know it’s wrong; it’s a problem I’m dealing

If you’re gone, maybe it’s time to come home
There’s an awful lot of breathing room but I can hardly move
If you’re gone, baby, you need to come home
‘Cause there’s a little bit of something me in everything in you.

Later that night, he reaches for his love on the dream plane. He recognizes her dream bubble immediately. As if he is drawn to it. This is right. This is fate. He enters the sphere and the intimate scene is once again the great hall of the Palace, next to the billowing curtains of the doors leading to the courtyard. She has chosen the setting on her own this time and he is pleased.

The stars are hidden by clouds tonight and lightning causes the night to reveal their mountainous location on the other side of the row of multi-pane doors leading to the courtyard. A jubjub calls in the distance.

He once again alters the scene, inserting himself and using shadow and innuendo to captivate her. She is wearing a lovely floor-length black gown which flows around her generous curves in soft billows. One shoulder and arm are covered by the soft material and the other side is beguilingly bare. It’s as if she couldn’t make up her mind what she wanted to wear. Did she want to entice him or only to have a lovely conversation?

Kavar wears the same clothing he picked out to wear to her farce of a wedding, should it occur. ‘Surely she won’t remember it, will she? She would have been too overwhelmed by my animal magnetism.’

As she steps closer, the first thing that he notices with concern is that her eyes have already lost some of the brilliant chocolate fires that have haunted him for endless lunar cycles. He’d been too excited and their previous contact was too fleeting for him to have noticed before this. Her lovely blonde hair is now a rusty brown. ‘Perhaps her travails on this wretched planet have already damaged her?’ He vows to himself, again, to rescue her from this evil place and return her to her former glory.

I bet you’re hard to get over
I bet the room just won’t shine
I bet my hands I can stay here
I bet you need more than you mind

And I think you’re so mean, I think we should try
I can’t relate and that’s a problem I’m feeling

If you’re gone, baby, you need to come home
There’s a little bit of something me in everything in you.

Vilandra approaches slowly and asks if he approves of her current incarnation. Kavar questions whether she needs his approval or not. Apparently she liked that answer.

Suddenly her clothing has fluctuated to a stunning elegant sleeveless black gown with a v-neck. He feels her warming to him and the visible “V” sign of the Whirligig Galaxy confirms her acceptance. She’s wearing the necklace that he gave her when they started to get serious.

He caresses her chin with his hand and asks if her husband likes her current face, to get her denial of his status. It works like a charm. “He’s not my husband” she confirms.

“You won’t marry him,” Khivar replies cockily.

“You can’t stop me,” she acerbically counters.

Flash ~ She hates the way they are treating her. “Why am I the only second class citizen here?”
General Rath deflects her heat. “We’re not doing this here!”
She won’t let it go.
“When you got together with Maria, nobody stood in your way and Max can clearly do whatever the hell he wants! I am the only one who has to follow the rules!”

“You’ll stop yourself,” he charmingly insists.

“You will always be mine,” he croons with confidence.

Flash ~ General Rath: “Isabel, you don’t care what I think! Because, if you did, you wouldn’t have had Maria break the news.”
Vilandra: “You are like a brother to me!”

Flash ~ Vilandra walks away from her parents and loudly continues her conversation with the peasant on the cell phone: “You listen to me! This is my wedding and NO ONE will screw it up! NO ONE!

Vilandra is acting strangely standoffish once again as her gown reverts back to the original off-the-shoulder look. It’s almost as if she’s changed her mind along with her dress, then changed it back.

Unfortunately, the dream ends suddenly [commercial break] and he loses hold of the connection, as his power wanes.

He is drained but he is determined to try once again this very night. As he falls into a deep regenerating sleep, his last conscious thought is ‘her hair looked so dark.’

I think you’re so mean, I think we should try
I know it’s wrong; it’s a problem I’m dealing

And if you’re gone, yeah baby, you need to come home
There’s a little bit of something me in everything in you.

“If you’re gone” by Matchbox 20
Last edited by paper on Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

paper
Addicted Roswellian

Rumors of Reincarnation (CC, Khivar/Mature) Pt.67 2/10/09

Post by paper »

Welcome to my nightmare!
Disclaimer: Dialog in italics is verbatim from the Roswell episodes upon which this is based, especially "To Have & To Hold #306". No infringement is intended.
Janetfl wrote:He better watch out otherwise all this effort to contact her will leave him weak!! I am looking forward to upcoming chapters!!
Another great update Paper!! JAN :mrgreen:
Hey, Jan, you sweet thing! You are worried about Khivar! Thank you so much for your continued support!

I hate to bail on you, but . . .

No post tomorrow due to my flooded basement! I have some clean-up to do instead.

67 Rendezvous Partie Deux

I would try to believe in the things I cannot see
But my faith is shaken now, like it’s never been before

When I call and you don’t come
I don’t know what I should do
Should I call? Should I even count on you?

I’ve given all I can. It wasn’t enough
To keep you in my hands. Should I give up?
I try to understand. Was it ever enough?
I don’t understand

When morning broke, he awoke with a start. He’d missed his chance! He’d slept right through the remainder of the night. His mood went ever farther south as he sat up and the crick in his back traveled up his spine in a stab of pain.

Then it was a long hellish morning as he studied maps and went over possible locations where the granolith could be hidden. After lunch, they’d driven far in those annoying rattling noise-makers the humans call “cars”. They had searched an area called Frazier’s Woods and the Mescalero Indian Reservation. They went over the cave that originally held the granolith with a fine-toothed comb, but there was no evidence that it was ever even there. Just a small map with some Antarian doodling on the wall! He’d tried to concentrate and call the granolith to him, to no avail. They could have hidden it ANYWHERE on this fraking planet by now!

The weather here is almost as hot as Antar! Or maybe it’s just this unfamiliar skin he is in. Antarian bodies are much more efficient at heating and cooling & this is driving him crazy!

At least the food is passable. And they have as much milk as he can drink! He’s had gallons of the frothy white goodness. Along with spicy Indian, Thai and Mexican dishes. Eating seems to take up a lot of his time here!

Nicholas has checked them into a hotel in Albuquerque and there is a pool he can use to swim his laps while his goons scare everyone else away. The beds are much more comfortable here and they can be adjusted with some machine that pumps more air into them to make them harder. There is internet in every room and he is remotely connected to some kind of camera that the troops are using to keep track of the enemy.

Nicholas has operatives spying on Zan’s every move. The clueless boy is throwing a man-party with half-naked dancing girls shaking their booty to try to entice Vilandra’s human pet to fall for someone new. It’s obvious to anyone looking that Zan cares more about interrogating the man’s friends than enjoying the sexy entertainment. Has he tried to mate with Vilandra? He’s read about that sort of thing happening here on Terran. Kings trying to keep their line “pure” by mating with family members. “Ugh!” If Zan has deflowered her, he will return to have his revenge once the Whirligig Galaxy has been restored. He just can’t bring himself to believe that Vilandra would allow her brother to touch her willingly. Zan seems to be awfully protective of his “sister”.

Zan doesn’t have to worry about the usurper trying to tie her down. Very soon, Vilandra will be out of both of their spheres of influence!

After the long fruitless day of traipsing around the countryside, making contingency plans and spying on the boy-rex, he finally retires to try once more to make contact with his love. He is sure that she will be much more open to his suggestions now that she has had an entire day to think things through. He secures the door to his sleeping quarters and he lies down on the hard mattress, trying to relax. He gathers his strength and searches for her dream bubble once more. The setting is the same.

She is once again wearing the v-neck, midriff baring knee-length stunner but he can feel that something is “off” right away as he steps into the ballroom setting. Unfortunately, before he can even say anything, her dress reverts to the floor-length, shoulder-revealing “fortress of repression”.

Kavar repeats his earnest catchphrase hoping to sway her once again, “You will always be mine.”

His reticent object of affection reaffirms that she will marry her human pet tomorrow.

Her reticence doesn’t concern him.

Much.

She will just need a little more convincing. And charming an adversary over to his side of the fence is his forte. It will add some fun to this tedious experience!

Although he receives no flashes this time, he is not concerned.

So here I am once again with my back against the wall
Afraid to show you, afraid to tell you
That I don’t know you like I did

I’ve never been so alone
I’ve never felt so insecure
And now I don’t know where I’m going
In my life I’m not so sure

I’ve given it all I can. It wasn’t enough
I try to understand. Was it enough? I don’t understand?

He humors her. When she is safely back on Antar there will be time enough to program her properly.

“It means nothing,” he lobs haughtily in return.

Giving up tonight
I won’t let go, won’t let go of you
Giving up tonight
I wanna show you, wanna show you

Giving up tonight
I won’t let go, won’t let go of you
Giving up tonight
Am I giving up, giving up?
I don’t wanna give this up, I won’t!

He is disappointed that he has not convinced her to end the ruse of nuptials to a Terran, but he has no intention of submitting to defeat. The petty Terran custom is not binding, as far as he is concerned, anyway. In no way is he deterred in his resolve. Then he notices that she is now wearing the jeweled betrothal necklace that Rath gave her.

He decides to see just how far she intends to take this charade. The insignificant human is no match for the likes of him and neither is Rath.

The dream ends badly. She adamantly concludes that “it means I’m finished with you.” She tells him goodbye and then she turns her back on him and walks away. He is thrown out of the dream once again.

It looks like he has his work cut out for him.

I’ve given all I can. It wasn’t enough
I try to understand; was it ever enough?
I don’t understand

Everything you want from me
I’ve fought so hard for everything
Everything you want from me
I’ve tried so hard, could never be

Anything you want from me
I gave it all

It Wasn’t Enough by Good Charlotte

paper
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Rumors of Reincarnation (CC, Khivar/Mature) Pt.67 2/10/09

Post by paper »

Janetfl wrote:What after he killed her he expected it to be easy? Tut Tut Khivar you should know better than that!!! :lol: :lol:
I like the way he hates sitting in cars and loves our different types of food!!
Another great chapter Paper. I really hope that your basement isn't too bad! Good luck with the clean up. JAN :mrgreen:
Thanks Jan! Just a little wet carpeting. My sump pump likes to make my life miserable whenever it gets the chance! It’s all dry now.

On with the show!

Disclaimer: Dialog in italics is verbatim from the Roswell episodes upon which this is based, especially "To Have & To Hold #306". Only the names have been changed to protect the innocent (Kavar).
No infringement is intended.

68 - In Plenty and In Want

There’s a place I dream about
Where the sun never goes out.
And the sky is deep and blue.
Won’t you take me there with you?

Ohhh, we can begin again.
Shed our skin, let the sun shine in.
At the edge of the ocean.
We can start over again.

‘How can she WANT this?’ He can’t make himself believe that this is something she would choose without coercion. But what other explanation is there?

Perhaps she doesn’t truly believe that he is real. Perhaps she doesn’t feel that she deserves him and the wonderful life she lived on Antar. Who knows why she is doing this? But he intends to put a stop to it. He makes a firm commitment not to get angry with her. He wants to experience that all-encompassing love he felt when he first saw her beautiful eyes in the vision. He believes that . . . somehow . . . she knew it was HIM all along.

Maybe he should have held himself back and cased the place better before proceeding, but his anticipation is too strong and waiting isn’t in his repertoire. ‘What is it that Zofya’s Priestesses are always spouting? “Fools rush in where Anzhels fear to tread.”’ He’s focused like a lazer beam on his beloved Vilandra. The rest of the room is just a blur to him as he makes his way through the crowds and approaches her on the dance floor.

He is wearing a smart black tux and a sexy dark red silk shirt.

She is dressed in her long flowing “princess-style” satin wedding gown.

She is beautiful.

Vivacious.

Enchanting.

Everything he remembers loving in her past existence.

In his usual bold manner, he walks up to her on the dance floor, and steals her right out of the clueless General’s arms! The doofus just smiled at him and walked off! He sweeps his Vilandra into a hug then captivates her with his charisma and wit as he quietly uses her Terran moniker to soothe her: “Stay calm and keep smiling, Isabel.”

She is frozen with disbelief and shakily responds: “You’re not really here”.

Flash~ I’m in trouble. We may all be in trouble. There’s an alien out there and he’s after me.
General Rath: It’s only a dream.

Flash ~ I betrayed you and Max and my whole family for this Kavar. Why? What is wrong with me? Who does something like that? What if I betray Jesse like I betrayed all of you?

Flash ~Vilandra tells General Rath about her first contact: “ I was thrilled by this . . . familiar man. It was pretty erotic. I was so disappointed (when it ended); I literally had to take a cold shower.”

Flash ~ Vilandra is pissed that Zan broke Jesse’s nose. “I can explain.”
“Don’t bother. I understand perfectly! You don’t trust me.”
“It’s not about trust.”
“It is ALL about trust, Max!”

Flash ~ Her forehead is covered in small unsightly pimples from the stresses and strains of trying to get a wedding off the ground in two weeks and she hasn’t the energy to attend to them or to even care. She covers her inflamed face with her hands in anguish, then lowers her hands and looks her brother in the eye: “The irony here is . . . that I TRUSTED YOU. I trusted you to stand up at my wedding when my family failed to be there for me. I trusted YOU to BE THERE FOR ME and you weren’t!” She storms out in distress.

Kavar smiles warmly at her and happily assures the bewildered Princess: “I am indeed here. I’ve come for you.”

Once again, they are dancing. He sweeps his lovely bride-to-be around the floor as if she is a feather on his arm. She surely can’t believe her good fortune. She thought she’d never be rescued from her brother’s domination. No doubt she is afraid that she is still dreaming.

“No. I'm dreaming or sleeping or something,” she confirms.

He decides to toy with her a little now. A game of fhe and rath. Her little farce amuses him and he will let it continue a little longer to give her a chance to come to her senses. To admit that she needs him.

Kavar grabs a couple of bubbly drinks from a passing slave and facetiously offers up a toast to her happy day. And then he alludes to more happy days still to come. She is a lucky girl indeed. He is saving her from a life of tedious mediocrity.

He reassures her that he will see her again soon, upon which he turns and quickly melts into the crowd just as another human toad walks up to chat with her.

In truth, he didn’t expect this much resistance. Her will is much stronger than he anticipated. The flashes he’s getting tell him that she is attracted to him. And she is at odds with her brother and human family. But she is having trouble with the fact that she died along with the rest. How does he explain that it wasn’t his intention?

He could kidnap her. Force her. But he wants her to WANT to come with him. She just needs a little more time. She is headstrong. It is a characteristic of a good Empress. So he will wait and give her what she needs. If she needs a power play to make sure that he is REALLY interested, then she shall have it. The Terran wedding holds no sway with him. He will prove to her that he isn’t going anywhere without her.

He has no wish to cause a scene here at this crowded venue, anyway. His human vessel is too weak to fight off Zan and his gang of misfits and the Bhrillig are by no means, the royal guard. So he will bide his time until he can get her alone, then he will convince her. Whatever it takes!

There’s a world I’ve always known
Somewhere far away from home.
When I close my eyes I see
All the space and mystery.

Ohhhh, we can begin again.
Shed our skin, let the sun shine in.
At the edge of the ocean
We can start over again.

Edge of the Ocean by Ivy

paper
Addicted Roswellian

Rumors of Reincarnation (CC, Khivar/Mature) Pt.69 2/13/09

Post by paper »

Welcome readers! This counts as Friday's post. I'll try to do one more late tonight to finish the Vilandra Chronicles. Then we skip a day for Sunday. Khivar will need a break after his long trip home. :lol:
Janetfl wrote:I'm so glad the basement wasn't a total disaster for you!! :wink: Oh I can't wait to see how Khivar acts when Isabel tell's him that she will kill him herself if he ever comes back for her!! I think he's going to be pretty ... erm ... upset. Another great chapter! JAN :mrgreen:
Thanks Jan! You are so sweet! :D Sorry to make you wait, but I move at a mimsy pace! :mrgreen:
The laundry room got the most water and I just slurped it up with my handy shop vac. Standing in water using an electric appliance was the greatest of my worries, but I’m still here, so how’s about another chapter.

Disclaimer: Dialog in italics is verbatim from the Roswell episodes upon which this is based, especially "Interruptus #307". Only the names have been changed to protect the innocent (Kavar).

69 - The Honeymoon

He insists that he will handle this alone and orders Nicholas back to Copper Summit to continue the quest to locate the Granolith, while he and two Bhrillig fly to California. Now that Zan has finished partying with his half-naked bimbos, maybe he will stumble over to its location and Nicholas can follow him. The twit can’t seem to find it otherwise.

He orders his driver to follow the happy couple to their lover’s hideaway. Vilandra and her pet are standing right there when he gets out of the transport. He wants to learn the lay of the land before he has any interaction with her here, so he uses his mind powers to cause her to see someone else. It’s not like he is influencing her decision in any way. He is just delaying things. He orders his driver and guard to wait there and he follows them into the hotel and watches them check in. He sees a young man in uniform gather the guest’s luggage and put it on a cart. They all approach the wall and stand looking at it for a few minutes. Vilandra seems very nervous but he is sure she doesn’t perceive him right there next to them. They are all watching some lights on the wall. Suddenly the wall parts and the three enter a small cubicle. Khivar squeezes in with them, unseen. The floor vibrates a little and then the door reopens and they are now in a different place. ‘Cool!’

He follows them to their room where the uniformed man pulls the cart into the room after the pet picks up his bride and carries her across the threshold. Khivar makes the servant believe that the pet yelled at him and told him to get lost and the man leaves hastily. Khivar uses his power of suggestion to cause the pet to see HIM as the uniformed servant. The pet returns from the next room and hands Khivar some green paper and he leaves them there . . . after implanting a small suggestion into their minds. He made Vilandra think she is very tired and he made her pet think that she LOOKS very tired. That will put a damper on any plans they have for now.

Khivar goes back to the front desk and uses his mind powers on the weak desk clerk and gains a room just down the hall from Vilandra’s for his trouble. As he is about to enter the room and check it out, he sees that her human pet is leaving their room alone and he throws his bag inside, then he follows. The pet enters something called a “spa” and removes his clothing.

‘Nothing to write home about!’

As the man dons a towel and steps into the steam room, Khivar removes his own clothing and does the same. The unwary pet has his eyes closed but he hears something and looks around. Khivar blocks his mind from seeing him and the pet closes his eyes once more.

‘Weakling!’

He makes another noise. When the human toad opens his eyes again, Khivar is sitting across from him in the steam room and the Emperor greets him with a pleasant “Hi” and strikes up a conversation. Vanessa helped him to come up with some names to use while he is here. He introduces himself as “Kevin”. His other options were Calvin and Carver. Enough said!

He asks the pet if he plays golf. It is a human bonding ritual his driver filled him in on as they drove from the airport. If he thought human cars were dangerous rattletraps, they have nothing over human airplanes! He wouldn’t go on one of those things without the assurance of his shield! Anyway, back to the toga party. . .

He challenges the pet, or “Jesse” as he calls himself, to a game of golf and the fool agrees. He freshens himself with a swipe of his hand and changes the appearance of his garments while the pet is occupied the shower. They rent some clubs for him at the clubhouse and Jesse’s clubs are retrieved from the clubhouse storage. Then they take a cart out to the driving range. Khivar has a great time smacking at the ball with the sticks. He gets the hang of it right away and it doesn’t hurt that he can make the ball go anywhere he wants with his mind. He laughs and jokes with Jesse as he studies him. They are like best buds. He even pretends that it is ‘hard’ to get the ball in the hole. If he wasn’t an Emperor, he could become a great actor.

Afterwards, they decide to stop in the local tavern for a “beverage”. The poor man says that his new wife is so tired from all the stress of the wedding and he is letting her rest so that they can make love all night. Khivar wants to rip his skin off with his fingernails but he steels his resolve and continues his charade.

Then Vilandra shows up at the bar and she doesn’t seem pleased to see him. He is invited to join their table by her obliging spouse. The man’s mind is an open door and even the smallest suggestion is enough to control him. Small talk usually bores Kavar, but he finds this rousingly good fun. He makes the pet want to know more about this mysterious enigma and ask a lot of questions. Khivar spins a tale of star-crossed lovers for the object of his admiration.

Maybe I’ve been the problem, maybe I’m the one to blame
But even when I turn it off and blame myself, the outcome feels the same
I’ve been thinking maybe I’ve been partly cloudy; maybe I’m the chance of rain
Maybe I’m overcast, and maybe all my lucks washed down the drain

I’ve been thinking ‘bout everyone. Everyone, you look so lonely

But when I look at the stars,
When I look at the stars
When I look at the stars I see someone else

When I look at the stars, the stars
I feel like myself

+ + + + +

[Jesse Isabel and Khivar are talking]
Jesse: Oh I knew the moment I met her.
Kavar: Really?
Jesse: Yeah. Love at first site.
Isabel: That is so sweet, honey. Maybe we should-
Jesse: Kevin, what about you? Is there anyone special in your life?
Kavar: As a matter of fact, there is.
Jesse: Great. Maybe we could all hook up and go out for dinner one night.
Kavar: That'd be difficult, Jesse. See, she's gone.
Jesse: Gone?
Kavar: She's not-- she's not dead, just... Just missing.
Jesse: Oh, my god.
Kavar: Seems like I've been searching for her forever.
Jesse: Wow... Kevin, I'm sorry. That's... How did it happen?
Isabel: Jesse, you know, it's private, so...
Kavar: Hey, it's all right. Really. Look, to fully understand what happened, you gotta go back to the first night we met. See, we were supposed to fall in love. Our families were enemies, we were at the palace, and it was one of those rare moments where they were trying to find peace.
Jesse: The palace.
Kavar: We were by the water, and... She pleaded with me not to, but I kissed her.
[Isabel remembers her dream]
Kavar: And that was it. From that point on, we were together. We would have done anything for each other, and we did. Till one bad night. One... One night I lost her.
Isabel: Well, it all sounds pretty far-fetched to me.
Kavar: But it's all true.

+ + + + +

Yesterday, the woman posing as Nicholas’s Terran Mother, Ida Crawford, had entertained him with stories of a local holiday where people put on costumes and pretend to be something they are not. This incognito flight of fancy is proving to be every bit as entertaining as the local Halloween custom appeared to be. And the “candy” will be his at the end of it.

The socializing continues, but when the hapless groom is occupied in a dance with the vivacious Vilandra, Khivar poisons the man’s drink. Not enough to kill.

What fun would that be?
He wants to win Vilandra fair and square. As fair as it can be, when an Emperor is pitted against a Neanderzal. No. He put in just enough to maim his innards and incapacitate him. It wouldn’t do for him to satisfy his new partner in the marriage bed, now would it?

+ + + + +

Isabel: He bugs me.
Jesse: Who, Kevin? What, you think he's some freak who preys on honeymooning newlyweds?
[Khivar moves his hand over a drink and it changes color]
Jesse: Ok. Let's sneak out this way.
Kavar: Jesse. Here
[Hands him the drink]
Jesse: Oh. Thanks.
Kavar: Isabel, did you want anything?
Isabel: No.
Kavar: Look, I feel like I'm intruding. I'm gonna leave you two alone.
Jesse: Well, I'm sure we'll see you later.
Isabel: We're gonna be really busy.
[Laughs]
Jesse: she's got a point.
Kavar: Yes, she does. Congratulations. I hope you guys have a long and happy life together.
Jesse: Thanks.
Kavar: Bye.

Jesse: Just us.
Isabel: Thank god!
Jesse: (acting sick) Oh! Uh...
Isabel: What's wrong?
Jesse: Oh, I don't think that oyster appetizer was a good idea. Oh! I'll be right back.

Isabel: Uh... Excuse me. I'm sorry.
[Kavar grabs Isabel and starts dancing with her]
Isabel: What did you do to Jesse?
Kavar: He'll be fine. Just used him to steal a moment. I've been searching for you for an eternity.
Isabel: I'm not Vilandra anymore.
Kavar: Yes, you are. I can feel it. I can feel it right now.
Isabel: You got what you wanted from me. Please, just leave me alone now.
Kavar: Ditch the human toy and meet me by the water. Like when we first met.
Isabel: No. No. No.

+ + + + +

Vilandra pushes him away and runs off.

He is not deterred. He will meet her outside near the water when she realizes her folly and is ready to return with him tonight. Although this current body is virile and masculine, he hopes she remembers what a fine specimen of manhood he REALLY is. He knows he can’t miss with her. He is willing to let her have this temporary fun, for which she will pay handsomely when she has been properly subjugated.

His “Denny” persona waits among the trickling waters and intimate fairy lights at the bridge’s romantic entrance. He can feel Vilandra observing him from her hotel room window. He knows it won’t be long before she comes to him. He knows her all too well. When he has control, he will gain the information he needs from her to locate the Granolith.

It doesn’t take long for her to get there and she has dressed to please him in an enticing negligee and bare feet. When she arrives at the footbridge where he is waiting, she pretends to be upset. He knows she is teasing him.

+ + + + +

[Isabel walks up to Kavar]
Isabel: What have you done to me?
Kavar: What do you mean?
Isabel: You've taken control, used some kind of power to get me here.
Kavar: I've done nothing. You're here because it's where Vilandra wants to be.
Isabel: Vilandra is dead. She doesn't exist.
Kavar: She does. Within you.
Isabel: Vilandra betrayed my entire family. She murdered them, and I've been given a second chance, and it doesn't include you!
Kavar: Yes, it does! Just by being here. We can leave tonight. Right now.
Isabel: How?
Kavar: It's a new mode of transit, something we've been working on. It's better than a ship. Just come with me. Vilandra . . .
Isabel: No. And if you really love me, don't come back.
[Kavar kisses Isabel]

+ + + + +

Stars lookin’ at our planet watching entropy and pain
And maybe start to wonder how the chaos in our lives could pass as sane
I’ve been thinking ‘bout the meaning of resistance, of a hope beyond my own
And suddenly the infinite and penitent begin to look like home

I’ve been thinking ‘bout everyone. Everyone, you look so empty

But when I look at the stars,
When I look at the stars
When I look at the stars I see someone else

I feel like myself

She tries to leave, but he grabs her and kisses her. H e sends her images from the dream kisses to make it even more heated. Soon it seems that they can’t get enough of each other. The hot frenzied kisses have won her over. Hope blossoms in his chest. Victory is at hand.

+ + + + +

Kavar: Return with me, Vilandra.
Isabel: I'm not Vilandra.
Kavar: You can be. We can leave all this behind. Please.
[Cell phone rings]
Isabel: Jesse.
Kavar: He doesn't matter.
Isabel: He does! He does matter.

+ + + + +

There is a ringing noise off to the side and suddenly she is pushing him away.

‘Zamn! Can the woman get her head on straight?’ She runs off and leaves him standing there alone.

Everyone, everyone, we feel so lonely
Everyone, yeah everyone, we feel so empty

When I look at the stars
When I look at the stars
When I look at the stars
I feel like myself

I see someone . . .

Stars by Switchfoot
Last edited by paper on Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

paper
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Rumors of Reincarnation (CC, Khivar/Mature) Pt.69 2/13/09

Post by paper »

This is Saturday's post. :D

See you on Monday!

Disclaimer: Dialog in italics is verbatim from the Roswell episodes upon which this is based, especially "Interruptus #307". Only the names have been changed to protect the innocent (Kavar).

Here's a funny You-tube link to today's song to get you in the mood: Burn Out Bright – The Hidden Lyrics

70 – Let’s Go Home

Does it have to start with a broken heart
Broken dreams and bleeding parts
We were young and the world was clear
But young ambition disappears
I swore it would never come to this
The average, the obvious

I’m still discontented down here
I’m so discontented

If we’ve only got one try
If we’ve only got one life
If time was never on our side
Then before I die I want to burn out bright

Khivar follows Vilandra back to her room and he decides to order room service and then take a little nap to refresh this weakling vessel. Before he can even enter, the wall opens and who should appear? He has to act fast to block his image in their minds.

Zan and Rath get off the elevator and go to Vilandra’s door. Zan makes a weak attempt to disguise his voice and says “Room Service”.

Vilandra opens the door & when she sees them at her door she closes it on them without saying a word. They quickly hide out of sight just down the hall from her door. He couldn’t go into his room now even if he wanted to, because they are both blocking HIS door so he studies them as all three just stand there. He is so tired he hasn't the energy to force his will, so he just maintains the block. He is not impressed with this new incarnation. The boy is disheveled and unkempt. The effect of Nicholas’s drugs are still apparent although it appears that he is recovering now that Tess is no longer supplying his habit. ‘I bet he lost a lot of weight and looked like the dead when he came off of them! Heh, heh. Maybe we will have to find a way to get Tess back within his group. He thought she was pregnant with his child. I can work with that. Rath looks like such a dim bulb, I can just ignore him.’

A spark ignites in time and space
Limping through this human race
You bite and claw your way back home
But you’re running the wrong way

The future is a question mark
Of kerosene and electric sparks
There’s still fire in you yet
Yeah there’s still fire in you

If we only got one try
If we only got one life
Before I die I want to burn out bright

A little while later, the pet leaves and goes into the elevator. Vilandra motions Zan and Rath into her room. Khivar tags along unseen and makes it in just before Vilandra can shut the door on him. He is feeling very weak now, but he wants to keep up these mind blocks and find out what is going on. He is doing 3 Antarians at once now. It takes everything he has, but he manages to continually block his image from Zan, Rath, and Vilandra. None of them see him there. He is getting better at this stuff!

+ + + + +

[Isabel hurries Jesse out the door- Max and Michael come in]
Isabel: What are you guys doing here?
Michael: Taking care of your problem.
Max: Why didn't you tell us before you left?
Isabel: Well, I didn't expect him to follow me here.
Michael: He sure as hell doesn't have the hots for us, now, does he?
Isabel: You can't kill him.
Max: We know.
Michael: We're going to.
Michael: . Khivar possessed some idiot.
Isabel: Who?
Michael: I don't care. It doesn't matter. He's dead.
Isabel: Look, I really think you guys should go. Because I've got this totally under control. I'm gonna get rid of him.
Michael: Yeah. You're gonna give him what he wants.
Isabel: What?
Michael: You're gonna ride his handlebars all the way back to Antar, aren't you?
Max: We saw you.
Michael: By the gazebo.
Isabel: Why is this happening to me? Oh, I'm married! I love Jesse! I love him!
Max: I know.
Isabel: But I love Khivar.
Max: No... No, you don't.
Isabel: Vilandra does. She wants control. She wants to go back.
Max: She's gone.
Isabel: She's not! I wish she was! I hate her! I hate what she did! But she isn't gone, Max! She's still inside of me!
Max: Listen to me. Isabel! Listen. This is what we're gonna do. You are gonna stay here in this room with your husband. We're gonna find Khivar.
Isabel: No! No, Max. You're not going without me. What if something goes wrong and you need me there?
Michael: Is this some kind of closure thing?
Isabel: Yes. Yes. I need to get over him. I need to conquer this now!
Max: All right. Ok. Ok. You stay here. We'll wait outside just in case he comes looking. If he doesn't, you leave here at dawn. Get away from Jesse. We'll be right behind you, out of sight. You find Khivar... Take him someplace secluded. We'll get Khivar out of Ridgeley somehow.
Isabel: Then what?
Michael: I'm gonna get a t-shirt printed up. We're gonna kill him, Isabel!
Max: He's after you now, but we're unfinished business. Do you understand? It's either him or us. Isabel.
Isabel: Yes. Ok.
[Knock on door]
Jesse: It's me.
Isabel: That was fast.

+ + + + +

He isn’t happy with what he is hearing. No. Not at all. Zan is out for his blood, and Rath appears upset that HE is not the focus of his attention.

‘What the heck are handlebars?’

‘Must be the planet’s ill effects again.’

‘Are they all either gay or incestuous?’

‘It seems they do hold disdain for the indigenous species. How can I use that?’

Vilandra is somewhat of a disappointment. She doesn’t want them to kill him? That’s all? At least she admitted that she loves him. But he doesn’t care for being grouped with the human toad.

Then Zan got all macho and started telling Vilandra what to do. Doesn’t he know by now that she HATES that sort of thing? You have to make her think that everything is HER idea to get her to go along with things. So he made the General allude to the fact that she needed to have closure with him and that bought him the time he needs to figure out how to play this.

'Hmmmn. Seems the General is worried about his sloppy attire and wants a new type of shirt. About time.'

He implants a feeling of impending doom in his wavering love as he waits by the door for someone to open it. The toad should be back any minute. And apparently he forgot his key or he can’t get the door open and hold a drink at the same time.

'Pathetic!'

As soon as she lets him in, Vilandra pushes Jesse into another room and Khivar manages to dodge out just before she sneaks her two cohorts out the door from where they were hiding in the bathroom. He follows them out of the hotel and sees his two men waiting at the curb. He motions them forward and has the guard keep an eye on the two misfits while he takes his driver up to his room.

He spends a restless night just down the hall from the newlyweds. His spy contacted his driver and reported that Zan and Rath were just mulling around without apparent purpose. It’s too risky to confront them now. He is at a disadvantage in this human vessel and if he kills them now, how will he convince Vilandra to come over to his side? His goon monitors Zan and Rath who seem to think it is acceptable to sleep under a bush outside on the lawn.

‘Neanderzals!’

He has his Bhrillig driver wait in the sitting room with his phone all night to stay in contact with the man who is monitoring the progress of his enemies, in case there is trouble. Meanwhile, he tosses and turns in his sleeping quarters. His love is sharing her marriage bed with the human toad. Did he make the mental suggestions strong enough to keep anything from happening?

This is one of the worst nights of his life!

I keep cleaning up the mess I’ve made
I keep cleaning up the mess I’ve made
I won’t run away
I can’t sleep in the bed I made
I can’t sleep in the bed I made

If we only got one try
If we only got one life
Before I die I want to burn out

He was never more glad to see the dawn. He rises very early and orders a huge breakfast, then waits outside for his errant princess. He sees her exit the building and he waits for her to get close, to grab hold of her just as she is walking down a trellis covered path. She is dressed to please him once more and his confidence takes a spike. She does not surprise him when she tells him she is ready to leave with him. He grabs her hand and moves away from the hotel so the wormhole won’t be seen. He’s not sure why he cares, but it seems prudent.

As they are walking, he hears a thunderous herd of cows stampeding behind them.

‘Hmmmmn. Who could THAT be?’

He knows that Zan and Rath are there, but he is conceited enough to want Vilandra to tell him.

+ + + + +

Kavar: have you made up your mind?
Isabel: Yes. I'm coming with you.
Kavar: Good. Let's go home.

[Max and Michael see Khivar kissing Isabel]

Michael: Is that part of the plan?
Max: I don't think so.

+ + + + +

They walk over to a flowering tree in an open field and begin to kiss. He sends her more flashes of their dream kisses. He tells her she is beautiful and that he needs her desperately. Vilandra has always been vain and he plays her like the fine instrument that she is.

He can see on her face that something is wrong and he asks her what it is. She finally admits that her brother and his general are there and Vilandra’s eyes flash as she lifts her arm and dissolves the wall that Zan and his Second cowardly hide behind about 20 feet away, where they had been crouching like vipers ready to strike.

The fools try to talk her out of leaving with him. Zan pleads with her.

He cites her “love” for the lowly human toad as a reason for her to stay. The boy is utterly mad! Does he think she would choose a life on this forsaken piece of dung in place of a royal life of bliss with HIM?

The puny boy king tries to mess with him and Khivar remembers that Vilandra thinks SHE killed them. He uses that misinformation to throw them off, but unfortunately the general remembers differently.

Khivar gathers up what little power he has left and with one sweep of his arm he dispatches them handily.

+ + + + +

Kavar: What's wrong? Tell me.
[Isabel flashes back to the dreams]
Isabel: Max and Michael are here. They're gonna kill you.
Kavar: Where?

[Isabel's eyes turn black and flash with blue light as she raises her hand and uses her powers to turn the wall hiding Michael and Max into dust.]

Michael: Thanks, Isabel.
Isabel: Vilandra.
Kavar: Well, Zan, it's been a long time. I wondered about this moment when our paths would cross again.
Max: We are not letting you take Isabel.
Kavar: I'm not taking anyone anywhere, am I?
Max: Isabel, let go of his hand.
Michael: Isabel!
Isabel: Let us leave. Please.
Kavar: Don't make her kill ya again. It would feel redundant.
Max: She wouldn't.
Kavar: She did before.
Michael: No, she didn't. I remember something. You led Khivar into the city with his men, but he convinced you that he wanted peace. He said he wasn't gonna kill anybody, that he was there to call a truce. And once you helped him gain access, he killed all of us. You didn't kill us, Isabel. He did. He betrayed you.

[Khivar raises his hand and Max and Michael go flying backwards]

Kavar: No more troubles, ok? I promise. Are you ready?
Isabel: Yes. Let's go home.

+ + + + +

Then he opens the wormhole with the device Serena supplied. Victory is within his grasp.

Before I die I want to burn out bright

Before I die, I wanna burn out bright

Burn Out Bright by Switchfoot
Last edited by paper on Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.