Binding Legacy (Cov, XO, UC, Mature) Part 15 12/13/10 [WIP]

This is the place where fics that have not been updated in the past three months will be moved until the author asks a mod to move them back to an active board.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, truelovepooh, Forum Moderators

vampyrolover86
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Binding Legacy (Cov, XO, UC, Mature) Part 15 12/13/10 [WIP]

Post by vampyrolover86 »

Title: Binding Legacy
Author: vampyrolover86
Disclaimer: I do not own Roswell or the Covenant movie., unfortunately. :(
Category: Crossover Roswell/Covenant ~ Liz/?
Rating: Mature (just to be sure)
Author's Note: This is set after Season 2 of Roswell (Season 3 never happened) and after the Covenant movie.
Thanks go to my three betas: KiaraAlexisKlay, burningchaos, and darkmoon.

Summary: Liz is faced with a past she never knew belonged to her, but once an unknown boy shows up outside on her balcony, things come to light and new paths are discovered.

Part 1

Liz was awakened by a resounding thud out on her balcony. Thinking it was Max trying to profess his undying love once again, she opened her window ready to rebuff the same annoying speeches but what she saw stopped her. It was a boy lying face down on concrete chilled by a Roswell winter. She didn’t stop to think about how he could have gotten there in the first place; she just wanted to make sure he was not injured, or worse…dead.

The first thing that crossed her ever working mind was to check his pulse to reassure herself his heart was still beating. She knew it was dangerous to shift him in case he sustained major injuries, but she couldn’t help herself. She had to be absolutely sure, so she gently turned him onto his back and was shocked at the sight before her. The boy, who seemed close to her age, had various cuts and bruises on the exposed skin of his arms, and there was no telling how many other wounds were beneath his rumpled clothes.

“Liz? Are you alright?” Nancy called from Liz’s bedroom door, worry and panic evident in her voice. She had been roused from her bed by the same noise that had awoken Liz. She had tried to wake her husband, but Jeff could practically sleep through anything.

Liz was torn between keeping a watch on the strange boy and alleviating her mother’s maternal instincts. By the looks of the boy, he had fifty more pounds of muscle on his body than Liz, and she had enough trouble lifting forty pounds of ice to fill the fountain machine down in the café.

Knowing she had a chance to kill two birds with one stone, she called back to her mother. “Mom, I might need your help.”

Nancy didn’t know what to make of her daughter’s voice so she slowly made her way into the room and gasped when she saw the unmoving body outside the window. “What happened?” she asked climbing out to join her daughter on the balcony.

“I don’t know. He was just lying here,” Liz sounded miffed and slightly curious about how the boy had gotten there. Her scientific mind wanted to take control, but it was a bad time with the situation at hand.

“Oh my God. It can’t be,” Nancy exclaimed, shocked at the realization of who the boy could possibly be.

“Mom, what’s wrong?” Liz asked, curiosity filling every bone in her body with her mother’s sudden recognition of the boy.

“It’s nothing. We need to get him inside quickly,” she said, unsuccessfully trying to slip on a mask to hide what she was feeling. She wanted to tell Liz everything, but it wasn’t her secret alone. She and Jeff had come to an agreement to tell Liz everything, but they had to make sure it was the right time; otherwise, Liz would be in even more danger than she already was.

Liz was not stupid enough to fall for the whole “it’s nothing” phrase. She and her mother both knew it, but she respected and trusted her mother to tell her when she felt she could. She also knew it had something to do with the boy, but she had never seen him before. So what could it be?

After a couple of ideas being sprouted off from one to the other, both mother and daughter decided maybe it was time to involve Jeff because they could not manage to lift the boy without causing further injury.

Nancy was the obvious choice to go rouse the other member of the Parker family because, frankly, Liz did not need to know what her father slept in…or didn’t sleep in. Liz’s whole body wracked with a shiver at the mental picture she just put inside her own head only to be interrupted by a loud yell from the other room.

“WHAT?!” Jeff was in her bedroom within ten seconds of the shout. Liz had counted. Apparently her mother knew just the words that could wake her father out of a dead sleep. It seemed the words “boy” and “Liz’s room” did a better job than a grenade going off next to his bed.

“It better not be Max Evans,” Jeff snarled, staring out onto the balcony at the figure Liz was standing over.

“No, it’s not Max,” Nancy replied and leaned over to whisper into her husband’s ear, sharing the revelation she had made. The same look of fear and shock that had crossed Nancy’s face earlier, now dominated his facial features unable to hide even the bare minimum of emotions he was feeling.

What is going on?’ Liz thought to herself mystified at the secrecy going on around her, and she realized this must have been what they felt when Liz had kept secrets from them, only they were more worried than she was at the moment.

Jeff crawled through the window to make his way over to the unconscious boy and carefully picked him up, making sure not to jostle him too much. He waited patiently while Liz quickly went inside to help her mother carry the boy to her bed and handed him over to the two women. They nearly sagged under his dead weight but was able to make their way over to Liz’s bed to deposit their load while Jeff made his way back inside.

Nancy placed her hand on the boy’s forehead but jerked it back as if a snake had attacked her. “He’s burning up! Liz, we need a bowl with some cold water, rags, and some ice to bring his fever down. Jeff, go call Dr. Harris and tell her it’s urgent.”

Liz marveled as her mother took command of the situation. It reminded her a great deal of Isabel while in her Christmas Nazi phase. Well, phase was the wrong word considering it was every year. Maybe obsession sounded more like it.

“Liz, now!” Liz quickly took off to do her mother’s bidding not wanting to be away from the stranger for longer than necessary. Her mind didn’t even stop to question why she felt that way about the boy; it only took enough time to locate the bowl and rags.
She made it back into the room within a couple of minutes to the sight of the boy’s uncovered chest. Hoping to help bring down the fever, her mother had rid the boy of his clothing and placed him underneath the covers.

Liz positioned the items in her arms on the nightstand opposite her mother. Then she placed cloth wrapped ice packs under his arms and began to wipe a cold, wet rag across the boy’s neck and face. She remembered her mother doing the same for her in countless times past, to try to alleviate the fever at least a little.

“Nance, the doctor said she would be right over,” Jeff told her, surveying the scene before him; a flash of understanding swept through his eyes at the obvious affection Liz was showing the still unconscious boy.

“Liz,” her mother called to her, gaining only half her attention, “Will you be all right for a few minutes while your father and I go meet the doctor?”

“Yeah Mom, I’ll be fine,” she said, dipping the cloth into the water to replace the hot with fresh cold and placing it on the stranger’s forehead.

Once her parents left the room, she took a closer look at the boy trying to distinguish why he felt so familiar to her. They had never met before, but something about him called to her. Her instincts were telling her she held some connection with the boy, and her parents’ reaction only made her all the more suspicious.

He looked about average: light brown hair, rounded baby face, semi-full lips, and a slight double chin, nothing that screamed “look at me.” Sure, he was cute, but he wasn’t the type Liz was usually attracted to. Yet, he still held her full attention, and one question dominated Liz’s mind. How did he end up on her doorstep?

She touched the cloth to determine if it needed to be dipped in the cold water once more, and it felt hot as if it had been placed underneath a warming lamp. She pulled the cloth away and was met by two crystal blue eyes staring back at her. Blinking back her surprise, Liz felt a genuine relieved smile spread across her face as she realized her visitor was awake.

“How are you feeling?” Liz asked, keeping her voice down to a low whisper, not knowing if a louder voice would cause him pain.

“Like I was run over by an eighteen wheeler and then placed in an oven,” the boy said sarcastically to hide his vulnerability. “Where am I? Who are you?” he asked confusingly, trying to get his mind to work enough to remember what had happened.

“You’re in Roswell, New Mexico. My name is Liz,” the girl before him answered once again keeping her voice low.

~TBC~

I wasn't going to start posting until after I had already finished, but I just couldn't help myself.
Last edited by vampyrolover86 on Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:36 pm, edited 18 times in total.
vampyrolover86
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: Binding Legacy (Mystery, XO, UC, Mature) Part 1 10.10.08

Post by vampyrolover86 »

Part 2

As he pondered the thought of his location, all his memories flooded back to him. The last sensation he remembered was the unmitigated torment coursing through his body from the current of energy Caleb had sent into him.

He couldn’t look away from the girl sitting by the bed he was lying in. She had deep, chocolate colored eyes that were accented by long brown hair that framed her face. However, that was not what held his attention. It was the deep well of sorrow and pain he could see behind her innocent façade and carefully schooled expressions. It brought out a protective nature he never knew he had and a burning rage against the person or persons responsible.

“Short for Elizabeth, I suppose?” he asked and waited for her answering nod before continuing. “Elizabeth was my grandmother’s name, or so my father told me.” God, now I sound like Reid.

Being here in this place with this young woman was making him soft, but he had no other choice. His body was not following the demands of his brain, and for some reason his powers were being uncooperative as well.

“What’s your full name?” he asked inquisitive, wanting to know everything about the girl in his presence. It was like a burning need to know more about this girl, this Elizabeth. The feeling threatened to consume him the way the fever ran rampant through his body, and he was just as powerless to stop its affects.

“Elizabeth Claudia Parker. I was never told what Elizabeth stands for,” she explained with a shrug. “But Claudia was after my grandmother.”

“I’m Chase Collins Putnam. I just recently added the Putnam in honor of my father’s family,” seeing the confused look on Liz’s face he ventured on with an explanation. “I was born with the name Chase Goodwin Pope, but when I was adopted my name changed to Chase Collins. About a year ago, I found my father and discovered his heritage and the legacy he wanted to continue before he passed. I soaked up all the knowledge he bestowed to me, and when I had nothing else to learn he killed himself.”

He wanted to continue, to tell Liz everything he had done and everything he almost did before Caleb stopped him. Maybe it was the sickness but he needed her to understand him, and it shook him to his core. The range of emotions coursing through him was astounding--protectiveness, rage (which wasn’t uncommon), need, caring, and shock. The most astonishing aspect of being near her was he no longer felt the effects of the power addiction he had been suffering since his thirteenth birthday.

He was fighting his drowsiness so he could spend more time with the brunette, and as soon as she realized what he was doing, she spoke clearly and softly. “You need to sleep. We’ll talk more when you wake up. My parents called the family physician; she might be able to bring your fever down.”

As those words flowed through Liz’s lips, Chase’s mind went from blurry fatigue to wide awake and distressed. “No! No doctor.”

“Shh…relax. She’s a good woman. You can trust her. The only thing she’s going to do is take you temperature and maybe prescribe you some antibiotics. That’s the only thing she really will be able to do. The rest will mend itself when your body has had some time to rest,” she said reassuringly, soothing his burning forehead with a pass of the cold cloth, once again dipped in the bowl of cold water.

The doctor made her appearance in the doorway, medical bag and all, just as Chase drifted off. Not wanting to wake him, Liz turned to the doctor and motioned her out into the hallway so they could talk.

“Is there a way you could examine him without waking him up? He woke up about fifteen minutes ago, and I just now got him back to sleep.” Once again Liz found herself speaking quietly so as not to disturb her visitor, to disturb Chase, Liz’s mind automatically corrected absently.

“As long as there’s not too much damage, it shouldn’t be a problem. But just to let you know, it’s not common practice to do while the patient is unconscious. Usually it takes the permission of the guardian or a family member,” the doctor informed the young lady in front of her. “I take it he is over eighteen though, and I’m going to consider this as an emergency.”

“Thank you, Dr. Harris. My parents and I will both vouch that Chase is over eighteen. He’s my older brother,” Liz said, feeling as if that little lie was true. Where that came from, she didn’t know, and she refused to question it.

The doctor knew that was fallacious because she had delivered Liz herself when she was still working at the maternity ward in the hospital. No mention of a sibling had passed Jeff, Nancy, or even Liz’s lips then or in the years after she became their physician. However, she knew it was none of her business what occurred in her patient’s personal affairs.

Liz stood in the doorway of her room and was observing Dr. Harris check over Chase when her parents came up behind her to ask her how she knew. She didn’t understand what they had asked of her, and she voiced it.

“What are you talking about?” she asked quietly so as not to distract the doctor.

“How did you know the boy was your brother?” Nancy asked, not realizing the information she was imparting Liz with.

Liz was completely baffled. Chase was actually her brother. She drifted off into her own thoughts to examine this little bit of information. The only thing that came to mind was the fact her parents had lied to her this whole time, and if they were lying about a sibling, what else would they lie to her about.

“What do you mean brother?” Liz asked, anger flowing throughout her body.

Her parents went silent, noticing the change in their daughter. At that moment, they became scared of her, not knowing how she would react to the truth. How do you tell your daughter that the only father she’s ever known isn’t really her blood father, especially if said daughter had more power in her little pinky than in your whole body? The answer…very, very carefully and behind steel walls, but unfortunately for them, there were no steel walls in sight.

“WHAT DO YOU MEAN?!” Liz yelled when her parents didn’t answer her quickly enough.

Jeff and Nancy gasped as the rage built in Liz’s, now, black eyes. And understood their daughter had embraced the power flowing in her little body.

“Chase is your half-brother,” her mother began the explanation, ready to accept any form of punishment from her daughter for her betrayal. “Jeff and I both betrayed you when we didn’t tell you the truth. Jeff is not your real father, but he still loves you as one. I’m sorry for not telling you sooner, but it was for your own safety.”

“How could be lying to your daughter be safe?” Liz asked trying to reign in her emotions so she didn’t accidently kill her parents before getting the whole story from them.

“There are people in this world that would kill you for the mistakes your father made, and by the look of Chase, he has made those same mistakes,” Jeff ventured on, knowing he was putting his life and the life of his wife on the line. “Your father, John, Chase, you, and a few other people have a power that’s greater than anything else in this world. You can do things, be it good or bad. I can’t explain it to you; I wish I could but I can’t.”

“John, Jeff, and I were inseparable growing up,” her mother continued. “We were the three musketeers just like you, Maria, and Alex were. I started to grow feelings I shouldn’t have for John, and I believe he was as well. We began to see each other socially, but one day we had a fight. I went to talk to Jeff about it, and he found solace with a woman that had been trying to seduce him.

“After we talked over our problems, everything seemed to go back to normal, or so I thought. A year later, a woman showed up outside on our doorstep wanting to talk to him. I led her through to John’s office, but stayed outside the door listening. She told him she needed more money to raise their son. I didn’t want to believe it, but then he didn’t deny having a son.

“I found out he had lied to me. He told to me nothing had happened with her, but apparently it had. I went straight to our room and began to pack a bag to get the hell out of there. I couldn’t stand to be anywhere near there. He caught up to me as I was opening the door to my car and demanded to know where I was going. I couldn’t answer him until I looked toward the house and saw the woman standing just inside. I just snapped. I told him I was leaving him, and that I didn’t want anything to do with him anymore. He just let me go, didn’t even fight.”

“John called me and asked if she was with me. I guess he was worried about her,” Jeff said looking at his wife’s emotional face. “By the time I had made it to the airport, she was already boarding a plane to Roswell, so I decided to go with her. We made it here and started a new life together. A couple of months after leaving, she found out she was pregnant, and we both knew it couldn’t be mine because I was sterile. She kept trying to call him to let him know he was going to be the father of a little girl, but nobody would answer. Finally, we gave up, and it was agreed that I would be the father.”

The room was left in silence when Jeff and Nancy finished their story. Anticipation coursed between them as they waited for Liz to process all the information.

Liz, on the other hand, was completely thrown for a loop. Out of all the scenarios that had run through her mind, that was not one of them. Normal and plain Liz Parker could not have magical powers, but the evidence was staring her in the face. This whole time, they had been trying to protect her from danger, and she had been placing herself in danger trying to protect Max, Michael, and Isabel. It made her wonder how much trouble they would be in for protecting her.

The silence was broken by Liz laughing at their situation, black eyes turning back to brown as the anger dissipated through her laughter.

~TBC~
Last edited by vampyrolover86 on Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vampyrolover86
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: Binding Legacy (Cov, XO, UC, Mature) Part 3 10.26.08

Post by vampyrolover86 »

A/N: I'm sorry. I forgot to get online Friday and post the new part, but it's better late than never, right? :P

Previously

The room was left in silence when Jeff and Nancy finished their story. Anticipation coursed between them as they waited for Liz to process all the information.

Liz, on the other hand, was completely thrown for a loop. Out of all the scenarios that had run through her mind, that was not one of them. Normal and plain Liz Parker could not have magical powers, but the evidence was staring her in the face. This whole time, they had been trying to protect her from danger, and she had been placing herself in danger trying to protect Max, Michael, and Isabel. It made her wonder how much trouble they would be in for protecting her.

The silence was broken by Liz laughing at their situation, black eyes turning back to brown as the anger dissipated through her laughter.

Part 3

“Honey? Are you alright?” Her mother asked tentatively, wondering if her daughter had lost her mind.

“Yeah, I’m fine. This whole time I’ve known aliens existed, and not a single thought for witches. What next? Werewolves? Vampires?” Liz rambled on, not comprehending the incredible story her parents just told.

“Are you sure you’re okay?” Nancy asked walking over to Liz to check her temperature. Maybe she somehow caught Chase’s fever and was having hallucinations.

Liz was confused by her mother’s actions. She was expecting relief, not concern. After thinking a couple of seconds, she gasped at the realization she had just revealed to her parents, whether they knew it or not.

“I’m not sick or crazy, Mom, but you know how you and Dad have been keeping things from me? I’ve been keeping something from you as well, and I think it’s about time I came clean. But I don’t want to start my story until Chase is awake to hear it. I don’t want to start this new relationship with him on lies and secrets.”

“I’m already awake, and this woman won’t quit prodding me,” Chase yelled, irritation clearly present in his voice. He really disliked doctors, and this one was pushing him to the limits of his control. It seemed to escalate when Liz was out of the room, as if she was helping his anger stay in check.

The doctor gave an annoyed sigh at her poor excuse of a patient and addressed the three people who just walked into the room. “He’ll be fine. Whatever you did, Sweetie,” she spoke to Liz, “helped his fever immensely; he’s no longer in danger. Everything else will just have to heal with time.”

Liz did a once over at Chase’s body to reassure herself about what Dr. Harris had just told them. Oddly enough, all his bruises and cuts had healed as if they were never there. She walked over to him, sitting on the side of the bed she had been on earlier, so she could check his forehead for the fever she knew was still present. It had come down some, but it still commenced through his body. Grabbing the cold cloth out of the bowl still on her table, she wiped it across his brow to capture some perspiration that had collected there, while her parents walked the good doctor out with a promise to get together for dinner the following Thursday as payment for the doctor visit.

Chase realized how tired Liz was when she let out a little yawn and asked her to join him on the bed. He describing his time in Ipswich, the good and the bad, and oddly enough she didn’t condemn him. She told him he was another person during that time and that with her and her family’s help he would get better. He admitted that since he’d been in her presence, he had lacked the addiction, and wondered if it was part of her power, like a natural dampening field.

Jeff and Nancy left the siblings in the room to give them some much needed time together but walked back into the room once Liz called out for them. Understanding passed between the two parents, Liz was unstoppable and determined once she made her mind up to do something.

Liz was sitting up on the bed, wringing her hands nervously when her parents entered; Chase reached over to still the movement. She knew this had to be done, but the thought of them hating her for not confiding in them these last couple of years was terrifying. Would they still think of her as their daughter just as she still thought of them as her parents? Or would they think she was an abomination? A thing that needed to be exterminated or experimented on? A shiver suddenly went down her spine at the image of Max lying in the white room strapped to that table crawled through her mind; only it wasn’t Max, it was her.

Chase squeezed her hand silently letting her know he was there no matter what; she still had family who would protect her. And if needs be, he would take her to Ipswich to the rest of the families for protection while he dealt out the punishment for hurting his sister. He still couldn’t get over how weird but right that sounded. God help this world if anything happened to her, not even Caleb could stop him then.

Once Liz calmed down enough to actually speak, she explained all the events from the time she was shot to finding out Tess had killed Alex and Max just let her escape…no he helped her escape. She would have killed Tess then and there if Max hadn’t interfered. She would never forgive Max for that betrayal.

During her story, she could feel Chase’s anger grow with each word uttered. She had tried to calm him down like he had done for her, but it seemed like nothing could help. There seemed to exist a dark pit of rage deep within her brother.

Chase was thinking of ways to destroy those responsible for his sister’s hopelessness and alienation from her family. If only his body wasn’t confined to the bed, he would have already hunted the bitches down. The guy, Max, would be the first, and her “supposed” friend Maria would be next.

But first he needed to work on his addiction away from Liz; she had to be affecting it somehow. Then helping her control her powers would be next. But in order to do all of that he had to get out of the cursed bed.

He hated being sick.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Across the country, another meeting was taking place between three figures cloaked in shadows at the same time as Liz’s confession.

“We know two of the heir’s fought over the Power, and we know the outcome. However, that does not change the fact the Putnam heir’s body was never found, which means he’s still out there somewhere and we’ll have to fix Danvers’ mistake. On top of that, Danvers now has his father’s power and his own has become stronger after his ascension,” Voice 1 said.

“Danvers may or may not feel the strength of the seduction with the added power. We don’t know. I think we should give him the benefit of a doubt,” Voice 3 spoke.

“Like we did his father?” Voice 2 asked, voicing his concerns for the situation. “Look where that got us.”

“I agree with Parry. Danvers is stronger willed than his father, and I think he can handle the pressure.”

“You’re always taking his side, Simms.”

“That’s because he thinks before he passes judgment, Garwin. Can we say the same about you?” Simms asked, driving the point through to the older man.

“We’ll give him a chance,” Parry said in a commanding voice. “We need to discuss Putnam now. I believe the energy we felt earlier wasn’t just a backlash of the fight, but also Putnam’s instinct kicking in and transporting him away from the danger.”

Just the thought brought silence to the other two who wanted more than anything to argue about how much power and control that would have taken a boy not even a year after his ascension.

“We have to find his location and destroy him before he comes back to Ipswich,” Parry continued.

“How can we do that? He’s stronger than we are with his father’s power,” Garwin asked worry evident in his voice.

“Yeah, but we have experience,” Simms whispered, mentally sorting through the spells he knew. “He cannot defeat us with power alone, and there are countless spells we can use to stop him. One specifically comes to mind.”

“What you’re talking about hasn’t been used since John Putnam himself lived,” Parry informed, slight horror showing in his eyes. “It’s inhumane.”

“And it would humane for him to live terrorizing our families and innocent lives?” Garwin argued back.

“We’ll do more research and meet back here in a couple of weeks,” Parry said, once again taking the stand of leadership. “There has to be another way.”

The three dispersed from the colony house with an ominous feeling crawling through their hearts, not noticing the blonde man in the shadows of the doorway, or the young man hiding behind a tree with a smirk on his face.

~TBC~
vampyrolover86
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: Binding Legacy (Cov, XO, UC, Mature) Part 4 10.31.08

Post by vampyrolover86 »

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

Part 4

Reid was sitting in the ancient library of the colony house reading a late seventeenth century spell book one of his ancestor’s had “acquired” trying to take his mind off of Caleb’s latest speeches about the seduction and addiction of the Power. He was disturbed out of his musing by the deep voice of Pogue’s father. He stood up from the old recliner to make his way to the door listening closer to his father and his friends’ fathers’ discussion.

‘So it’s as we feared; Collins really isn’t gone,’ Reid thought with a sigh, feeling a little discouraged about the possibility of another fight with the older boy. ‘I need to let the other guys know what owe fathers are cooking up. We’ll have to stay a step ahead of them if we want to handle Chase ourselves.’

~*~*~*~*~*~

~A week later~

Liz’s parents had gone out of town for a restaurant convention a couple of days ago and were due back tomorrow, leaving Chase bored out of his mind with no one to talk to while Liz was working.

He slowly made his way down the stairs and out into the main café, hoping not to run into his ‘mother hen’ of a sister. He shouldn’t have a problem since she was working as a secretary at a doctor’s office, gaining some experience in the medical field—whether large or small. He understood completely that she cared for him and wanted to make sure he was in good health, but was there anything she didn’t stress over? His dear sister needed to learn to relax.

He decided to take a seat on one of the stools at the counter and watch the patrons as they conversed and ate with one another. One such patron caught his attention. A young boy with dark-hair was staring toward the swinging doors he had come through earlier, hope and excitement present in his eyes.

‘Well, hello Max,’ Chase thought with an evil smirk planted on his face, instinctively recognizing the boy who had caused his sister so much pain. He had seen a picture of Liz and her friends on her desk on day and memorized each face by heart. He had plans for all of them, some good, some bad, but first he had to meet them.

“Chase?” He heard a voice ask from behind him. He turned slowly to face the person he was hoping not to run into, Liz.

“Liz,” he said noting the angry look on her face and just smiled. “I thought you were at work.”

“I was, but Dr. Harris let me off early,” she responded scowling at him. “Why aren’t you in bed resting?”

“Liz?”

Liz recognized the voice and gave a frustrated sigh for being interrupted. She should have paid better attention when she walked into the café, but as soon as she noticed Chase her brain went to one question. What the hell was he doing out of bed?

“Damn,” she whispered under her breath so only Chase could hear her. She turned around once she decided to face the music and be polite to the annoying boy, even if it was forced or fake. “Hi, Max.”

“Who’s this?”

“Chase, this is Max,” she introduced illustrating more respect to Chase than Max. “Max, this is Chase. He’s staying with us for awhile.” Her chin lifted up a little, as if daring him to contradict her.

Chase held out his hand to shake Max’s and upon contact a little amount of power slipped down his arm into Max making him recoil from the sudden feel of electricity.

‘What was that?’ Max thought holding his arm loosely with his other hand.

“Are you okay?” Liz asked, glaring at Chase. She knew he wouldn’t be able to control himself with Max, but maybe he would with her other friends. Doubtful, but one could hope.

“Yeah, I was just shocked.”

“Let’s get out of here then,” Chase said grabbing her hand to lead her out the door, but Max was in their way.

“Max, what are you…”

“I don’t think you should go with him, Liz,” he told her, feeling uneasy toward the taller man. He seemed dark and mysterious, and Max knew there was something hiding just under the surface.

Liz saw Max’s compassion and worry for her safety, and she wanted to reassure him. “Max, you have to trust me. I am perfectly safe with Chase.”

There was such confidence in her statement that Chase felt touched that his sister would regard him with such trust after so little time knowing one another

He still looked unconvinced, but she knew it was just his instinct to worry, just as Michael’s was to protect. She wouldn’t change that for all the world. They hurt her greatly, but she was and would always be loyal and protective of them.

She gave Max one more pleading look to trust her before walking out the door with Chase.

~*~*~*~*~*~

“So, where are we going?” Liz asked Chase once she got behind the wheel of the new Toyota Tundra her parents had bought for her and Chase.

“We need somewhere private and open to train,” he informed her. “The more space the better. Your powers will be out of control the first few times you try to call them.”

“I know the perfect place,” she said, an image of the destroyed rock formation that held the pod chamber came to mind, and with it, sadness at the lost history her friends once held so dear.

“You okay there, Sis?” Chase asked noticing the sudden mood change.

“Yeah, just thought of my friends,” Liz whispered back. “I really miss them, especially Maria. After everything that happened with Alex, I just can’t forgive her for the things she said. I know it was all said out of grief, but some of it had to be sincere. Otherwise, why would it be in her head in the first place?”

It was a good thing she could drive on autopilot toward the formation because the only things occupying her mind at that moment was guilt over Alex’s death. She wished she could blame Tess, but she just couldn’t. If she hadn’t listened to the Max from the future, Alex would still be alive, but then Michael and Isabel would be dead too. She was so confused. What happened to Maria and Alex and Kyle in the future? Not a word of them was mentioned.

She sighed and shook her head to clear the thoughts. She needed all her focus on the here and now, not on ‘what ifs’ and ‘maybes’.

~*~*~*~*~*~

“Have you found out anything?” Caleb asked addressing the other boys gathered in the basement of the colony house, and with a shake of their heads, he sighed. “That only leaves one more option then.”

His eyes flashed fire before turning completely black, starting a fire around the covenant circle. Pogue, Reid, and Tyler joined Caleb knowing all of their power would be needed for the next step.

“By the power of the Covenant
We call upon the powers of the Fate’s
Show us the present and future
To find our long, lost brother.”

The fire leapt to life revealing first the image of Chase and a brunette in a desert, which made way to a never-ending darkness that sent shivers of dread into the Sons gathered, before dying out in front of their eyes.

“Well, now we know Chase is in some kind of desert across the country with a hot girl,” Reid remarked, imagining the brunette under him, skin to skin, driving himself half-crazy.

“But what we don’t know what he’s up to or what the fire meant when it went completely dark?” Pogue asked, trying to make sense of the premonition.

“I wish the fire had told us more. I mean there are thousands of square miles of desert across the country; he could be anywhere,” Tyler stated, worry evident in his blue eyes.

“I hate to say this, but we’ll have to spy on the elder members,” Caleb said, regretfully. “We need to know what they know. Chase could be the cause of this new darkness, or he could be the power we need to fight against the darkness.”

“What about the girl?”

“Reid!” the other three chorused in exasperation.

They sighed at the new challenge that lay ahead of them. They were just eighteen and seventeen; they shouldn’t have the weight of the world on their shoulders.

“Okay, we all need to keep an eye on the parents, and I’ll keep an eye on Gorman. My instincts are telling me he may know what’s going on. Let’s keep in touch of any new information we come across,” Caleb said, calling an end to the meeting and giving each of his brothers an assignment.

~*~*~*~*~*~

“Come on, Liz. You have to concentrate,” Chase reminded her for the third time. His voice sounded gentle on the surface, but there was a strain of impatience and hint of frustration underneath.

“I’m trying to, but nothing is happening.” Liz’s voice echoed the frustration in her brothers, and for good reason. They’d been trying to work on her powers for a while now, but there seemed to be no progress. They were just under the surface, waiting for some kind of trigger.

“Ok, let’s try another approach then. Perhaps your powers are more defensive than offensive,” Chase stated, taking a stance a few feet away from Liz and forming an energy ball with both of his hands. He had perfect control of it, so if Liz could not protect herself, he would be able to redirect the ball before it did any damage to her. “Get ready, Liz.”

Liz took the stance he had shown her earlier. Legs spread shoulder-length, knees bent, head raised, and eyes alert. She was ready for anything to come her way. If only here trembling body didn’t give her away.

Chase released the energy he had gathered, holding his breath with anticipation. Would she be able to shield herself?

Liz saw the energy ball coming her way and reached deep inside her body to find the one thing that could help her, her own power. Right before the energy collided with her, she found the spark her brother had told her about and brought it to the forefront. She was suddenly surrounded by a lavender see-through barrier, causing the ball of energy dissipated harmlessly off the shield with an almost dejected hiss.

“Yay,” she squealed, losing the concentration needed to keep the barrier up, and jumped up and down with excitement for her accomplishment. “I did it!”

“I knew you could, and now that we know you have defensive powers we can work on that,” Chase explained, walking up to his sister and giving her a quick hug. “Once you get those powers down, we’ll see if you have some kind of offensive power as well.”

He couldn’t help the grin that spread across his face as he held his bouncing, joyous sister in an embrace. Who would have thought it’d be so much fun teaching her to use her powers?

~TBC~
Last edited by vampyrolover86 on Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vampyrolover86
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: Binding Legacy (Cov, XO, UC, Mature) Part 5 11.08.08

Post by vampyrolover86 »

Part 5

Liz and Chase had been training in the desert next to the decimated pod chamber for close to a month, and both had become confident in their abilities. They were practicing hand-to-hand combat when they were interrupted by a green energy blast coming their way. Liz quickly built a wall between them and the enemies gathering in front of them.

“Well, well, well. If it isn’t little Lizzie Parker and guest,” a young boy about the age of fifteen sneered, not realizing the danger he just placed himself into even with the little backup of ten other aliens.

“Aww…if it isn’t little Nicholas…I see you’re still alive and haven’t grown a bit. What’s wrong? Haven’t hit puberty yet?” Liz taunted mockingly, readying herself for his retaliation.

Nicholas was furious with the little chit in front of him. She knew who she was messing with, so why try to tempt his anger? As soon as the thought entered his mind, it was replaced with the need to show the human his power. With a smirk on his face, he blanked his mind and tried to send his power into her mind, but nothing seemed to be happening.

“Are you even trying?” the man mocked, laughing at the young looking alien.

“Attack,” Nicholas ordered his followers. “But don’t kill them. Khivar will want to know this little development.”

Liz and Chase positioned themselves back to back as their enemies circled around them. Moving as one, they attacked from all sides, but they did not realize who they were up against. Chase quickly called Creation forward and summoned his spiders to do damage to his unsuspecting victims while Liz formed an energy blast in her hands with her sights set on Nicholas. Chase could handle the others; her target was the commander.

Nicholas was confused as he saw the soldiers decaying from the inside. He couldn’t figure out what had happened. One minute they were closing in ready to attack, and the next they were overcome with spiders crawling all over their bodies. This was not looking good; he needed to find a way to escape.

The reaction the spiders caused among the aliens had Liz’s scientific brain working overtime trying to record all the events with her photographic memory as she sent the small blast spiraling toward her target, hoping to hit him before he ran off with his tail between his legs.

She heard a scream come from the alien as the blast struck him on his right arm, dissolving it into dust.

“That’s an interesting reaction. I’ve never seen an attack do that before,” Chase stated aloud.

“Maybe it’s because they are just shells…husks,” Liz mused, giving Nicholas enough time to disappear back to base camp. “Crap, I wanted to get rid of that little leech once and for all.”

“You’ll get your chance,” he said, quick to soothe and reassure his sister.

“Uh…Chase? We’re in trouble,” Liz said with a worried expression on her face, realizing the consequences of Nicholas escaping. “He’ll report to Khivar, and then he’ll be coming after us. I mean, after this, we might as well have place a neon sign over our heads saying “primary target, right here.” We need help. I think it’s time you reconcile with the other Covenant members.”

~*~*~*~*~*~

Tyler looked around at the ever-growing darkness, feeling the presence of his brothers beside him.

“What’s going on here? What are you doing in my dreams?” Tyler asked the other boys.

“Hey, I’m not in your dreams, you’re in mine.” Reid retorted.

“You are partly right.” A female voice agreed through the darkness. “I am inducing this dream to all of you to warn you of what is about to come.”

“She’s quite powerful, isn’t she?” A familiar, mocking voice bragged proudly.

Light filled their vision, forcing the darkness into submission. The boys instantly became alert when they noticed Chase standing beside the beautiful young woman that had been in their vision.

“Oh please! Calm down. I’m not here to attack you. Actually we’ve come to ask for your help.” Chase informed the other Sons, his voice and expression only slightly less mocking and arrogant than the last time they had the displeasure of meeting.

“The darkness you saw when you first got here is what will happen to this world once Khivar and his army gets here. We, alone, are not strong enough to fight all of his soldiers; we are asking a favor of the Covenant of Silence, from one member to another.” Liz continued briskly, making the favor official and illustrating that it wasn’t a trap. Once they gave their word to help neither side could betray the other.

Suddenly, the light Liz had drawn up to diminish the shadows began to flicker, notifying her there was an intruder trying to interfere with their meeting.

“It’s not safe here anymore. If you decide to accept we will be at the Crashdown Café in Roswell, New Mexico.” Her eyes were wide with earnest sincerity; there was no guile or deceit.

“We will need time to discuss this,” Caleb remarked slowly, cautiously, causing the woman to smile with warmth in her eyes.

“I would be worried if you didn’t. You are a great leader, Caleb. All of you are. That is what makes you so powerful. I ask one more favor of you,” she said looking at each one of the boys…no, men standing in front of her. “Please, do not tell anyone else of what I have told you, especially the elder members of the Covenant. I fear they have already been compromised.”

With a nod from young men, Liz and Chase disappeared causing them to instantly awaken.

Tyler’s phone went off signaling an incoming message. Meeting 8 am Colony house.

~*~*~*~*~*~

“It’s up to them now,” Liz sighed turning toward Chase. “I hope to God they accept. Without their help, it’s hopeless to win against Khivar and his army.”

“It’s not hopeless…just harder.” Chase said, trying to comfort his sister.

“We were lucky yesterday that there was only ten. There’s no telling how many more soldiers he has headed this way now.” Liz was once again worrying her bottom lip.

Chase sighed as a thought entered his mind, knowing it would cause Liz more pain. “We have to tell the Czechoslovakians soon. It’s their fight too.”

“I know,” Liz said worriedly. “I was hoping the other Covenant members would be here by then. They might not react calmly or rationally. The Czechs I mean.”

“Max…no, but from what I’ve seen, Michael and Isabel trust you. You might be surprised with how much support you have behind you.” He observed, referring to how much the other two have been there for Liz for the past couple of weeks.

Every time, Max came up to Liz to explain the situation with Tess, they would intervene, knowing how much it hurt her to hear he has a son out there with the skank that killed Alex. After they stuck up for her with Maria, who had somehow become buddy-buddy with Max and just couldn’t understand Liz anymore, she came clean to both of them, about Chase, about her powers, and especially about her feelings toward Max and Maria. They completely understood the reason Liz no longer wanted a relationship with the young king. He wanted Liz to forgive and forget to go back to what they had before Tess made an appearance. With all the crap he had put her through, that just wasn’t possible, and Maria being on Max’s side was another nail in the coffin.

If Chase had his way, he would have taken care of the idiot and his sidekick a long time ago.

~*~*~*~*~*~

8 a.m. at the Colony House

Reid entered the old house and was hit by the repugnant smell of decay and death. After the death of Caleb’s father, the scent had been dissipating with the countless sticks of incense Gorman was burning, but now it nearly knocked him off his feet. This was why he hated being the first one to a meeting; something always happened.

He reached into his pocket for his phone when Pogue parked his bike beside his Aston Martin DB7. He motioned for Pogue to stay where he was just in case it was a trap as he dialed Caleb and waited for the other boy to answer.

“We’ve got a problem,” he said into the phone as soon as he was greeted.

“What kind of problem?” Caleb asked, worried that they were under attack.

“I just walked into the house and it smells like death.”

“Alright, don’t move. I’m almost there, and Tyler’s right behind me.”

“Pogue just got here, but I motioned him to stay back until you two got here, especially after the warning we received,” he said, hanging up when the other two Sons pulled up.

As a group, Caleb, Pogue, and Tyler cautiously made their way toward the house, black eyes taking in their surroundings.

“Reid, it looks clear,” Caleb stated, not noticing any traps or suspicious scenery.

“You sure?” Reid asked skeptically. “I want to have children later on, and I can’t do that if I’m dead.”

"Really Reid... You might want to have children... But most women want to make sure their kids aren't retarded. You're not a safe bet." Pogue pointed out with a weak grin as he pushed Reid further into the house, taking an experimental step himself. All seemed to be well except for the smell permeating through the air.

“Pogue, check the basement, Tyler the kitchen, Reid the library,” Caleb ordered, directing each of the boys to an area of the house. “We’ll join back here for the attic. I have a feeling that’s where the smell is coming from.”

Tyler was the first to reply with an all clear from the kitchen. Reid’s came next, almost yelling his comment even as he walked up behind Caleb causing the other boy to turn and hit Reid’s shoulder. Pogue took the longest because he had a slightly bigger area to cover than the others. The basement would be the perfect place for an ambush with all the relics and magical artifacts kept in a cupboard, not to mention the Book of Damnation.

As they all gathered back in the foyer, they made their way to the stairs leading to the attic. As they stopped at the top, Gorman sat in his chair staring straight into their eyes with vacantly, a pile of ash lying next to him on the floor.

“What the hell happened here?” Reid asked, anger brewing beneath the surface of his bad-boy façade. Gorman may not have been an official part of the Covenant, but he was just as important as any of the Sons.

“I don’t think we have to go looking for a war; I think it just found us,” Tyler grimly stated.

“Looks like we’ll be going to Roswell,” Caleb glowered, knowing Pogue, Reid, and Tyler were behind him, one hundred percent. Hell, they probably would go regardless.

~TBC~

*Reid’s car ~ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aston_Martin_DB7
vampyrolover86
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: Binding Legacy (Cov, XO, UC, Mature) Part 6 11.14.08

Post by vampyrolover86 »

AN: Thank you for all the feedback!!! I absolutely love them. And I also want to thank elfangel01 for letting me know about the Toyota Tundra. :P I try to stick to facts as much as possible, so it has been edited. I also wanted to let everyone know that I've been rereading this story and making slight changes to punctuation and sentence structure, but nothing too major (I don't think). Now that that's out of the way...on with the story...

Part 6

The Café was packed with tourists, every table filled inside and out, the ideal time for a surprise attack. However, with all the fire power placed in one area, Nicholas decided to survey the scene from the roof of the museum across the street, nursing his new body’s right arm. It still pained him to think of the event. It had taken a couple of days for the new husk to finish developing.

He had almost not told Khivar about the episode because he knew repercussions were bound to happen for his failure to kill the human in order to hurt Zan, but he knew it would be worse if word got back to him. The punishment had not been as bad as he had thought; Khivar was more curious about the power Parker and the young man with her possessed.

“Keep an eye on them, and you may just redeem yourself.”

So he was stuck here watching the little chit until Khivar deemed otherwise.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Liz could feel eyes on her the whole time she was waitressing to help her parents with the tourist rush. Chase had been roped in to help Michael cook; although, that should be a crime. The man couldn’t cook at all; he had almost poisoned her while using her as a guinea pig.

“I can’t believe you are letting him cook, even after I told you what happened,” Liz stated to Michael through the cook’s window, placing an order for the two fanatics sitting against the front windows.

“I’m not that stupid, Parker. I’ve got him cleaning the dishes,” Michael grunted smugly. “He can’t screw that up.”

Both were surprised by the loud noise of plates landing against the floor, breaking them into pieces.

“Son of a bitch,” Chase cursed under his breath. “I’m okay.”

“Yeah, but are the plates okay?” Liz asked, humor shining through her eyes.

“They are now,” he declared, using to fix the plates.

“Chase,” Liz chastised.

“What?”

With a sigh, Liz shook her head at her brother. “Some things are never going to change.”

“At least he’s not power hungry anymore,” Michael stated, making Liz glare at his playfulness.

“Who are you, and what have you done with Stonewall Guerin?” Liz teased the alien.

“He had a crazy brother, who saved a human, who happens to know how to get to all Roswell aliens,” he said, winking at his friend, which caused a laugh from her.

“Not all of them,” she said, depression sinking in at the thought of not befriending Tess. Maybe if she had just been nice to the girl, she would have asked Alex to decode the destiny book, instead of mind warping him into it. Hell, if she hadn’t listened to future Max, Alex would still be alive. They could have used the information he gave her to be prepared for the fight.

“Liz,” Chase stated getting her attention, “quit. There’s no use in thinking about “what if’s.” They don’t change the past. They just drag you down into a pit better left alone. Trust me, I know. You taught me that.”

He opened his mouth as if to say something else when he stopped, frozen into place.

“What’s wrong?” Liz asked, turning toward the direction her brother was staring in. She noticed Caleb, Pogue, Reid, and Tyler standing in the doorway looking around for any danger they may be in. “Oh.”

“They had to choose the busiest time of the day,” Michael said, not seeing the hand come through the window to hit him in the head. “Ow. What the hell was that for?”

“For being you, Michael,” Liz stated to the alien, turning from the window and walking to the front to welcome the new additions to the café.

“Welcome to the Crashdown Café,” Liz said, warmth in her voice. “It’s good to see you in person. If you’ll follow me, I’ll take you to the back.”

She could feel the blood rush to her cheeks as she noticed Reid checking her out in the short green dress her father made her wear as a uniform. Luckily, she had talked him out of the alien antennas.

“Rachel,” Liz addressed the waitress behind the counter. “I’m going to head upstairs right quick and I’ll be right back.”

“I’ve got this, Liz.” She said with a wink. “Are the walking sexes on sticks going with you? Or are they going to stay and help out the scenery?”

“Unfortunately for you, they are coming with me.”

“Damn, why do you get all the lookers?”

“Must be my sparkling personality.”

Rachel laughed at that answer and tended to some of the customers getting testy for their food while Liz walked into the back with the men following.

“Liz, is everything okay?” Michael asked from the kitchen, arms crossed over his chest looking intimidating.

“Yeah, these are the guys Chase and I were waiting for,” Liz explained preparing to walk up the stairs without looking when she ran into the person she was going to get.

“Daddy, this is Caleb Danvers, Pogue Parry, Tyler Simms, and Reid Garwin. Um…I hate to do this to you because I know you’re busy,” Liz hesitated, knowing how much stress the older man was in, “but can you entertain them until it slows down? I would ask Chase, but I don’t think that’s a good idea until we explain everything. And Michael…well, you know Michael.”

“Liz, honey, take a couple of breaths; you’re pulling a Maria.” Her dad said, barely getting through her ramblings. After she calmed down a little bit, he continued. “I’ll take care of them, go help Rachel. I bet she’s got more than she can handle.”

Another crash from the kitchen caught their attention.

“Everything’s okay!” Chase yelled loudly.

“He’s lucky I love him; otherwise, I would let Michael kill him. That boy can’t do anything without his powers.” Liz mumbled loud enough for the other men to hear, causing a laugh from her dad, shock to filter across Caleb, Pogue, and Tyler’s faces, and an indescribable look from Reid…disappointment maybe.

“Is there anything we can do to help you out?” Caleb offered generously as they heard another crash.

Liz just shook her head and walked back out into the main room of the café, trying to escape the mess her brother was probably making in the kitchen. She figured a couple of more minutes and Michael would either murder the man or kick him out of the kitchen.

“If you can cook, Michael could use the help, and someone could help Chase wash the dishes,” the older man stated.

“Reid’s pretty good with spices and fires…he could help out with the cooking; Tyler’s good at drinks; Pogue could help Chase with the dishes; and I have a little experience with waiting tables.” Caleb offered, thinking of the many times each boy had helped out Nicky when he got too busy.

“That would be great…” he was interrupted by yet another crash, causing the guys to make their way toward the excitement.

“That is it! Get out!” Michael snapped, using his powers to push Chase out when he didn’t react fast enough. However the other men saw the event and instantly became on the defensive.

Liz could feel the atmosphere shift from tables and rushed into the back in time to stop the attack Caleb had sent to Michael.

“I know we have a lot to explain, but please refrain from using inside. Michael is harmless,” Liz said, ignoring the glare Michael sent toward her and walking away from the scene before she lost her temper at all of them.

“Now, get to work!” she yelled behind her. Her father just shook his head at her, mumbling to himself about bossy women in his life.

“Trust me, it’s better to do what she says the first time,” Chase warned from beside them, raising an eyebrow at their suspicious looks. “Like Liz said, we have a lot to explain, but now is not the time. Pogue, are you ready to face the wrath of Stonewall Guerin?”

“Stonewall Guerin?”

“Michael’s nickname,” he explained walking back into the room with the steaming alien.

“Pogue, Reid, keep an eye on him. Tyler and I will keep an eye on Liz,” Caleb said, receiving nods from each of the Sons.

The next couple of hours were terrible. The crowd was finally dwindling down to a blond woman and a dark-haired man sitting in a booth. Caleb noticed the man arguing with Liz about something and decided to help her out with the situation.

“Everything okay here?”

“No,” the man stated angrily. “Who the hell are you? And what do you want with us?”

That question threw Caleb. He didn’t want anything to do with the man; he was just here to get answers from Liz and Chase and somehow got roped into working.

“Max, stop! It’s none of your damn business who he is. Now, I’ll ask you one more time. Get the hell out of here until you calm down some.”

“Liz, we’re just worried about you,” the blond said, gaining a glare from Liz.

“Worried?” Liz gave a sarcastic laugh. “Maria, you’re only worried about yourself, especially after Alex. So, why don’t you go back to your boyfriend and complain to him because I’m sick of hearing of you.”

“Just because Alex’s death affected me more than it did you, doesn’t give you the right to be a bitch to me.” Maria said, harshly.

That was all it took for Liz to snap. She was so angry, she was ready to kill the blond for that comment, but she restrained herself and simply picked her up and pushed her out the open door with her powers.

“I will warn you one more time, Max. You can get the hell out on your own, or you can leave the same way Maria did.”

Max quietly stood up and walked toward the door, turning around before he left. “We really are worried about you. Call me if you need any help.”

“Thank you, Max, but at the moment, I just need you to leave and give me a couple of days to calm down.” Max gave her a nod and left without a word.

Caleb started to ask what that was about, when he noticed Liz falling and quickly caught her.

“Guys, come quickly.” Tyler said jumping over the counter to check on the fallen woman. “Is she okay?”

“I don’t know,” Caleb said worriedly.

“What happened?” Chase and Michael asked at the same time, both seething.

“I don’t know, she just collapsed,” Tyler answered for Caleb.

~TBC~
Last edited by vampyrolover86 on Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vampyrolover86
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: Binding Legacy (Cov, XO, UC, Mature) Part 7 11.21.08

Post by vampyrolover86 »

Part 7

Liz was momentarily blinded by the light hitting her eyes. The last thing she remembered was kicking Maria and Max out of the café, and then she ended up being blinded by a bright light.

Once she was able to see again, she observed her surroundings, realizing the room she was in was not familiar. It seemed to be some kind of private library filled with books and antiquities.

“How did I get here?” she asked no one in particular.

“I brought you here, much the same as you did when you visited the Sons of Ipswich.” A disembodied, female voice stated. Liz jumped, eyes darting around to find the source.

“Who are you? Show yourself!” Liz demanded, wanting to put a face with a name.

“I would if I could, Elizabeth, but you would not be able to view the body I would display.” She explained. “I have waited for many centuries to meet one such as you, a female of the Powers, and not only that, but a changed alien/human hybrid. What power you have in such a small body.” The last was said in a musing, considering tone.

“That doesn’t answer my first question,” Liz stated impatiently. “Who are you?”

“I have no name, but I am the protector of the Power. I have been for as long as the Power has existed; I lost track of the time. It was told to me that you would be born many centuries ago by a wise woman; I believe she was from your heritage. She told me, you, along with the five Sons of Ipswich, would save the world and those who claimed sanctuary there from those who wish to end it. Then when that time came, which I hate to say is soon, I would be able to give each of you a gift in order to help.”

“Gift? What kind of gift?” Liz prodded when the female voice did not continue, leeriness seeping through her instincts. Too many so called ‘gifts’ extracted more of a sacrifice than a benefit.

“As long as I deem it safe, the Sons will be able to use their Powers with no consequences to their bodies. However, if I see them using to the extent of danger toward humans and each other, their Powers will be stripped immediately and they will forfeit their life.”

“What about me? I have the Power as well,” Liz asked curiosity peaked in spite of her reservations.

“You, I have no control over you. When Zan…or Max as you call him, healed you, he changed the course of your life. He enabled your body to withstand the stress the Powers would have placed on it.”

“Hmm,” was all Liz could get out at that revelation.

“Is there any other question you would like to ask before I send you back?” Liz cocked a brow at the almost considering tone, but despite her bemusement, she really thought for a moment on the Voice’s request. She would probably never get this opportunity again.

“Yes. You mentioned that we are supposed to save the world. Save the world from whom?”

“You already know that answer, Elizabeth. I believe you spoke to your brother about it.” The voice sounded almost amused, even indulgent.

“So it’s true then; Khivar is on his way.” Liz sighed exasperated. “Will we ever get a break?”

“I wish I could tell you that, but one is not supposed to know too much of their future, not even those who have visions.” There was true regret in that answer, and Liz was already nodding, not really having expected an answer to the rhetorical question anyway.

“One last question: If I hadn’t gone along with Future Max’s plan, would Alex still be alive?” Tears began to form in Liz’s eyes.

“In answer, let me ask you a question. Would you or Alex be able to live with yourselves, if Michael, Isabel, Maria, and Kyle died in his place?”

“No, we wouldn’t. I know Alex would have died in order to save them, as I would have.” The answer did nothing to satisfy Liz or the still stinging ache of loss in her chest at the absence of her Alex shaped friend.

“Good answer, Elizabeth. It is sad to see so much wisdom in one so young.” The female voice commented sadly. “I believe we have worried your friends and family enough for one day. It’s time for you to go home.”

“Wait! How will I know this is not just a weird dream I had?” Liz was almost desperate, and hoped it didn’t show through to the voice.

“Hold out your right wrist,” the voice commanded, and as Liz did as told a red rose appeared over the inside of her wrist. “This will appear as you awaken, and you will know it happened. Farewell for now, Elizabeth Parker. We will see each other again, but maybe it will be under better terms.”

~*~*~*~*~*~

Liz could feel herself waking up from the deep, unconscious state she had been in, wrapped tightly in a warm embrace.

“Honey bear, are you okay?” a voice called, forcing her to face reality.

“Grandma?” she asked, thinking of the only person to call her by that nickname, but that thought was soon pushed aside as she heard a snicker. She quickly went on the defensive and pushed away from the warm embrace and created a shield around herself, to protect her from any danger she may be in before she was completely coherent.

Once she collected her thoughts, she observed the faces around her and decided it was safe to release her shield. She could see the concern and question in the faces of Chase, Michael, Caleb, and Tyler, and the indifference in Pogue’s. Then she looked to Reid, noticed smirk on his face, and wondered what was so funny.

“You do know you just called Chase your grandmother,” Reid snickered, barely keeping his laughter in.

“Reid!” They all said in unison.

“Sorry,” Liz started, slowly standing up and making her way to the closest chair to sit down. “The only person who ever called me Honey Bear was my grandmother, so it was an automatic response to the name.”

Brushing off her apology, Chase made his way over to her and bent down in front, making sure to look her in the eye. “There’s no need to be sorry, but I’m worried about you. Are you okay? What happened?”

“You may want to sit down; I’ve got a lot to tell you,” she informed, watching as they each took a seat around the café. Once they were all seated, she continued. “I have bad news and good news, which do you want first?”

“Bad news,” Caleb answered, wanting the good news to lighten their spirits after the bad news.

“Bad news…hmm…well, I guess to start I need to explain why I was out. There is a woman, or at least it sounded like a woman, that protects the Powers. She wished to communicate with me, and that was the only way. She also told me it was prophesied the Sons of Ipswich and I would save the world and its inhabitants. The bad news is, she said it would be soon,” Liz explained, taking a breath to calm her nerves. She had a headache, but whether it was from her impromptu journey to a different plane or just stress, she didn’t know.

“And the good news?” Chase prompted, gentle despite the others’ impatience when it seemed she was silent too long.

“When the time comes, she will each give you the gift to use with no consequences, as long as you don’t endanger humanity.”

After Liz stated that, the café was put into silence with the Sons thinking of all the possibilities.

“What about you, Liz?” Chase asked, finally realizing she did not mention herself and was concerned about her welfare.

“Apparently, Max took care of that problem for me,” she responded, drawing a confused look from the other Sons.

“So, we are all in agreement with the situation?” Chase asked and continued after receiving nods from everyone. “There is something else Liz and I wish to share with you, and it will explain what she and I were discussing. It about Liz’s past and why this war is coming here.”

Liz took that as her cue to continue, and she left nothing out. She told them everything that had happened for the past two years, and to say men were shocked would be an understatement.

“Wait. So you’re telling us that aliens are real?” Reid asked, having recovered before the others.

“Is it so hard to believe? Witches are real.” Liz pointed out. She’d probably be amused and frustrated, at this time, if she wasn’t so tired.

“Yeah, it’s hard to believe. Little green men are walking around Earth with no one noticing.”

“Well, Reid, if you had been listening, you would have known. They look just like us.” Chase chastised, causing Reid to blush.

“Okay,” Reid said quickly, “I admit, I only listened to the main parts. Now if it had more boobs and sex, you would have my undivided attention.”

“Reid!” the other boys exclaimed at the blonde’s audacity. Michael snickering in amusement, and Liz blushed at the thought of the close call Max and her had while searching for the orbs.

“Well, well, well…by that reaction there’s something you’re not telling us.” Reid noted taking in her red face.

“It’s not important,” Liz tried to deflect, but thanks to his big mouth, alarm bells were ringing overprotective instincts in a group of paranoid bad boy protectors.

“What’s not important, Elizabeth?” Chase pressured, feeling his blood pressure skyrocket.

“Um…there was an…incident with Max, but nothing happened.” She said quickly, trying to calm her brother down before he went on a killing spree.

“You can always tell me what didn’t happen,” Reid stage-whispered. “It would be like reverse phone sex, since it already happened…sorry didn’t happen…and you’re just retelling it.”

Reid’s comment pushed Chase over the edge, causing his eyes to turn black. He used enough power to push his ‘brother’ across the floor of the café before Liz could get in between them to diffuse the situation. She knew he would never attack her, no matter how furious he was.

Chase hesitated, giving Caleb and Pogue enough time to grab the other man before he did any damage to Reid or the establishment.

“That’s enough, Chase,” Liz warned him. “He didn’t mean anything by his comment. You’ve known him longer than me; you should know that by now.”

Hearing the warning tone in his sister’s voice, he knew something was wrong. He had been so blinded by his rage that he forgot where he was and what he was doing. He could feel the weight of her disappointment and her concern, as well. Maybe he wasn’t over his addiction like he thought he was which meant more practice and a lot more patience. But with Reid Garwin, Chase knew he was going to need an ocean’s worth of both especially by the look in his eyes. If he looked hard enough past the façade Tyler put up, he could see desire in his eyes too.

~TBC~
vampyrolover86
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: Binding Legacy (Cov, XO, UC, Mature) Part 8 11.28.08

Post by vampyrolover86 »

Thanks for all the reviews. I'm posting part 8 today, but I'm not sure if I'll get to post part 9 next week. If not I'll leave you guys an AN. Hope you enjoy this part!!!

Part 8

Max was consumed by his feelings of jealousy and confusion as he watched Liz joke around with two guys, a blonde and a brunette, at the counter. He desperately wanted to know who the boys were. His first thought when he saw them yesterday was that they were aliens, but at this point, he really didn’t care. She wanted him to trust her when her and Chase were spending time together, and now there were four new guys coming into town and targeting Liz. They seemed to be getting pretty cozy with each other, as well.

~*~*~*~*~*~

It was mid-morning when Liz descended the stairs and stepped into the café to meet up with the ‘Sons of Ipswich’ to give them a tour of the town, but she noticed only two were sitting at the counter, Reid and Tyler.

“What are you two up to?” Liz asked teasingly as she took the vacant seat they had left in between them.

“Waiting for a hot little waitress to give us a tour of the ‘Alien Capital of the World’,” Reid smirked.

“I’m heart-broken,” Liz commented, faking shock and hurt “and here I thought two sexy men were waiting for me.”

Liz began to leave her seat when a well placed hand from Tyler had her stopping to look into his deep blue eyes.

“We were hoping you were willing to take us on a tour, since Caleb, Pogue, and Chase are busy,” Tyler said, never taking his eyes from the beauty that intrigued him and Reid.

“Come on then.” A hand on each of the men’s arms, she dragged them toward the alien museum across the street, not noticing the looks Reid and Tyler were giving each other. “This is where I took Chase first. I think it’s only right to start here.”

The two men shared one more look before following Liz into the cool air-conditioning and letting the door close behind them.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Chase was standing over the kitchen table, looking over a map of New Mexico and a detailed map of Roswell and the surrounding area. A sound from one of the bedrooms of the rental house the boys had found caught his attention, and he waited for the occupant to make an appearance. He was shockingly surprised to see both Caleb and Pogue walk out of the doorway.

“That’s a shock,” Chase stated, raising an eyebrow. “Reid and Tyler, I can see, but you two?”

“Wha…it’s not what you think,” Caleb stuttered, a heated flush making itself known. “We were just talking about the war that’s coming up.”

“Uh huh,” Chase said unbelieving, doing his utmost to keep the smirk off his face. “Okay, so what happened with Sarah and Kate?”

“Kate was a gold-digging bitch,” Pogue growled, remembering a scene a couple of months ago. “I found her in bed with one of our classmates.”

“Sorry, Man,” Chase said, shaking his head for the woman’s stupidity. “I can’t believe her. Sarah?”

“Sarah freaked after we couldn’t find your body,” Caleb stated, any signs of embarrassment or any other kind of feeling leeching away into somber pain. “Said she just couldn’t handle the whole ‘powers’ and didn’t want her kids caught up in it.”

Even Chase, as introverted with sharing his feelings was, could feel the bleakness and the pain coming from the other Son’s.

“Shit, man. Want me to kill her?” Chase asked, feeling a burning rage at the two women. While his relationship with the four Sons had started off rocky, there was an instinctual need to protect them, protect his group, his pack from anything that would hurt them. And there was no denying that Pogue and Caleb were both hurting badly.

“Nah, we’re good,” Pogue declined for both of them, a wry grin flickering so briefly Chase didn’t know if it were real or just his imagination. “Not to mention, Liz would have our balls if we said yes.”

“You haven’t known her for that long, Dude, and you already know her so well.” Chase could feel brotherly pride that his sister was feared and respected enough for this kind of reaction.

“Alright, what do you have for us?” Caleb said, drawing their attention to the current problem.

“Liz and I have been training here,” Chase pointed to a mark on the map he had Liz make last night before moving to another mark. “The quarry here is where the Czechs gather for meetings. I figure our best bet is to get Mikey to tell us when Max finally calls a meeting to discuss our presence in town and our relationship regarding Liz.”

“How do you know he will?” Pogue asked curious.

“He’s very narrow-minded when it comes to her. I’m actually kind of shocked he hasn’t already called one,” Chase admitted, his brow crinkling slightly with a frown.

“Okay, so we wait for them to meet and then what? We’re witches and Khivar is on his way to destroy the world?” Pogue inquired. “Oh yeah, that will go over just great!”

“At the moment, we have no other option. They have to know, but we can’t talk to them while there are people around. Anybody could be listening in,” Chase stated wearily, feeling a terrible sense of foreboding.

~*~*~*~*~*~

“That was so creepy,” Reid admitted as the three made their way out of the museum.

“Aww, what’s wrong, Baby?” Liz taunted. “Afraid of a little alien doll?”

Tyler let out a little laugh and agreed with Reid. “There’s just a feeling around that place, like something has happened there before.”

Liz went silent and still as the memory overcame all her thoughts, but she had enough sense to utter one sentence. “Something actually did.”

“Liz, what are you talking about?” Tyler asked, trying to draw her back from wherever her mind entrapped her.

“We should get out of here, Tyler,” Reid stated, noticing people starting to stare. “Let’s go back to the house.”

Tyler needed no more instructions. His thoughts were focusing on getting to the others before she told them about what had happened. Reid and Tyler both led the withdrawn Liz to the rental house where hopefully the other three men were still at. Instinct told them Liz was going to need all of them to help her through this.

~*~*~*~*~*~

‘Where are they taking her?’ Nicholas slightly wondered as he watched the small group walk down the street away from the restaurant. ‘It doesn’t matter. Now would be the perfect time for the plan while they’re preoccupied.’

Nicholas reached into his pocket and pulled out a cell phone, dialing the number to start utter chaos among their enemies.

“Now’s the time! Be ready to mobilize in thirty minutes,” he sneered through the phone. ‘As soon as you are taken care of the throne will be mine, and Khivar will be history.’

~*~*~*~**~

“What happened?!” Chase exclaimed worriedly as he watched Reid and Tyler practically dragging a vacant eyed Liz through the door of the house.

“We were coming out of the alien museum. It had an atmosphere about it; it’s hard to explain. When Reid and I both stated our feelings about how it felt like something had happened there before…” Tyler paused to take a much needed breath and noticed a dawning look of realization cross over Chases face.

“Okay, that’s all I needed to know,” Chase said walking up to Liz and staring into her eyes. He was trying to find his sister. She had had this problem a couple of other times. Her memories would just hold her captive until someone went to release her. He didn’t know why it happened this way; he just knew he had to keep her away from that place in her memories.

Liz blinked back the memories and was met with a smug looking Chase.

“It happened again, didn’t it?” Liz asked to no one in particular, looking around the room at the other men, landing on Reid and Tyler. “Sorry guys. I kind of ruined the day.”

“Nah, you just made it more entertaining,” Reid smirked and winked at her. “Either way, I got to feel you up. We really should do that again sometime when you can feel it.”

“Reid!” Everyone said with an eye-roll except for Chase, who was bubbling with silent rage.

“Don’t listen to him, Chase. He’s only messing with your head,” Tyler jumped to Reid’s defense, knowing how the other boy is.

“Calm down, big brother,” Liz started. “He wouldn’t do anything unless I could verbally respond, and I want Tyler to enjoy it as well.”

Everyone was looking at Liz like she had grown two extra heads, neither of which was human, and Chase looked ready to run to the nearest drain.

“Now that’s my type of girl,” Reid complimented while walking up beside her and placing his arm around his waist.

“Not just yours,” Liz primly informed him, turning so she was looking straight into Tyler’s cerulean eyes.

“No, not just mine; mine and Tyler’s,” Reid agreed, surprising Chase with the boy’s open declaration.

“Oh God! Make it stop,” Pogue teased the three. “As if we didn’t get enough when it was just Reid and Tyler.”

Chase’s face looked utterly green at the statement. “Okay, that’s enough of that talk. I really don’t want to know what my sister is doing or going to be doing.”

“He’s right, back to business,” Caleb said, leading the group into the kitchen to peer at the maps once more.

“These are the areas,” Caleb said, pointing to three areas on the map “that we think could hold Khivar’s troops.”

“They won’t be here,” Liz stated, finger on one of the areas “unless they are going to be on boats. There’s a private lake there.”

“It not marked, Liz,” Chase chastised, smirking to show he was only teasing his little sister.

“I forgot, so sue me,” Liz said, shrugging her shoulders. “They could split their forces; it’s what I would do. Put their first offensive here,” she pointed to the area closest to Roswell, “and place the second here.” She finished pointing to the other area.

“All right,” Caleb acknowledged, eyes going black, moving the map to a clear place along a nearby wall. “We have an idea of where they could station. Now, I think we need to meet the others and explain the situation.”

Liz gave a sigh as they looked at her, eyes begging for the opportunity to shock and scare the group that caused her so much pain, especially the prick who lied and cheated on her. From the look in Chase, Reid, and even Tyler’s eyes, they were out for blood. It was a nice feeling, that she belonged with this group, that they all were supposed to be together, a unit. It gave her a special thrill knowing that in just a short time, these five young men had come to care for her enough to torture those who had caused her so much hurt.

“Does that mean we get to torture…ah, I mean train them?” Reid smirked knowing the other boys would get what he was actually inquiring about. Hell, Liz probably even understood it.

“If they are smart they’ll agree to the training,” Caleb said, frowning at the unrealistic thought.

“Michael and Kyle will, no doubt about that, but Max, Isabel, and Maria, I’m not sure about,” Liz commented, ignoring her brother because she knew he was about to say something rather unpleasant.

“Mastard, Isabitch, and Mariwhore,” Chase whispered conspiratorially to Reid, causing him to nod in agreement.

“Let’s get moving then,” Caleb ordered, taking the roll of leadership.

“Where would they be?” Pogue asked as they all went into motion for jackets and cell phones.

“At the quarry,” Liz replied absently, taking a quick look at her phone.

“How do you know that?” Tyler asked, placing his hands on her stomach and hugging her from behind.

“Michael just forwarded a text to me. ‘Meeting ASAP,’ and that’s where they always have it unless otherwise stated.” She waved the phone in front of her as a visual aide.

“Obviously! Didn’t you know that, Tyler?” Reid smiled teasingly to the other boy.

“You didn’t know either, Dude. You had the ‘duh, huh?’ look on your face,” Pogue taunted, slapping Reid’s shoulder as they made their way out the door.

~TBC~
vampyrolover86
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: Binding Legacy (Cov, XO, UC, Mature) Part 9 12.06.08

Post by vampyrolover86 »

Thanks for all the reviews, and I'm sorry it's a day late.

Part 9

“I’ve had enough of this!” Max growled. “Liz is keeping secrets from us, first, Chase and now these new guys. My trust only goes so far. Maria, has she said anything to you?”

Michael and Kyle shot knowing looks toward each other at their “leaders” proclamation.

“I’ve tried talking to her, but she just doesn’t want to listen,” Maria confided. “Not a word.”

“You guys haven’t been that close these last months, Maria,” Isabel stated sourly. “Not since Alex died.”

“Don’t you say anything about him,” Maria yelled at the other blond. “You have no right!”

“I have every right! He was my friend too.” Isabel said, angry tears collecting in her eyes, but she refused to let them fall.

“You weren’t friends with him; you used him and his feelings for you,” Maria accused a now steaming Isabel. “And that’s what caused his death.”

Everyone became dead still at the accusation. ‘How could Maria say a thing like that?’ Michael thought, taking a breath to defend his sister.

“Actually, it wasn’t Isabel’s fault,” a voice said, breaking the silence. “It was Tess’s fault.”

Maria looked over Michael’s shoulder at the approaching figure and noticed Liz standing there.

“Oh, look! It’s little Lizzie Parker,” Maria sneered. “Where’s your friend? Left you already?”

“Actually they’re right behind you,” Liz smirked as she saw the recognition of them being surrounded on Max’s face. She knew they were not happy with the blond in front of her. “We’ve decided to let you know a few critical things that could affect your lovely existence.”

Max turned to survey his surroundings but did not see anyone. “There’s no one there. What kind of game are you playing at?” He turned back to Liz with anger adorning his face.

“No game,” she said smugly, waiting for her boys to make their grand appearance. “Just wait and see.”

As if it could hear her, a mist flowed over a sand hill toward them.

‘What the hell is going on? There’s no mist in the desert!’ Max thought to himself, trying to figure out the stranger occurrence.

Five figures seemed to magically appear out of nowhere, looking ready and fit for a battle. Stern looks were on all their faces.

“What the hell is going on?” Max asked, he finally speaking his thoughts. He stalked up to Liz furious at her for bringing strangers to their meeting; a meeting she shouldn’t have even known about. He forcefully took hold of her upper arm hard enough that a bruise would be left. “What have you done?!”

“Release me,” Liz ordered low and dangerously.

“No, I want answers now!”

“She said release her, so I suggest you release my sister,” Chase growled in a deadly voice, standing behind Max within seconds even though he was a hundred feet from him.

Max turned toward the voice, not registering what the man had just said, while Reid and Tyler quickly freed Liz and placed themselves between her and what they felt was a danger.

“The truth finally comes out,” Caleb stated, “and here I thought we were going to have to force it out of you.”

“I thought it was pretty obvious,” Chase retorted at Caleb, relaxing a little once Liz was away from Max, “us bickering, me nearly throwing up at the mention of her sex life.”

“You didn’t answer my question, Liz. What the hell are they doing here?” Max interrupted the conversation.

“Is this how he always acts?” Caleb asked instant dislike obvious in his tone.

“Unfortunately yes,” Liz said, holding onto the back of Reid and Tyler’s shirts in case they tried to attack “ever since Tess.”

At Liz’s confession, the two guys she was holding growled and took a step forward dragging Liz with them.

“Alright boys, that’s enough,” Liz pronounced, her shield surrounding Max both to keep her boys from murdering the ‘king’ and to keep him under wraps. “No killing each other until we have things resolved.”

“Liz…wha…how…” Maria said flabbergasted while everyone but Chase stared at her.

“Liz!” Chase whined, wanting to do bodily harm to the younger alien.

“No, Chase. We are here to tell them of the situation, nothing more, and nothing less.” She chastised.

“I was going to get me an ear too.”

“Okay, that only proves you watch too much tv, Brother Dearest.”

“And to think, you actually knew I was quoting a tv series. What does that say about you?” Chase smirked.

“That I have an idiot for a brother.”

“Ha! Now who watches too much tv,” Chase pointed out.

“What can I say, Winchesters make me hot,” Liz said fanning her face with her hand to emphasize her point waiting for the groan to come from her brother, and he did not disappoint.

“Children, that’s enough,” Caleb said, smirking at the Putnam siblings. “We’re here to tell you...”

“You’re going to die soon,” Nicholas said, walking up a path from the quarry, three cloaked figures standing behind him.

Max laughed at the poor excuse of backup Nicholas had. He could not believe Nicholas thought four people would be enough to destroy their group especially since he didn’t know the extent of the power of the guys Liz brought. He looked over at the people with him and noticed worried looks coming from the five guys.

“Something’s not right,” Pogue commented, sensing Covenant power in the air, and it wasn’t from Liz. “There’s power coming from them…our kind of power.”

“Dad?” Tyler asked, shock emanating from him.

Nicholas couldn’t help but smirk at the desired reaction of the younger members of the Covenant as the figures responded by lowering their hoods and revealing the faces of the Elders. He stepped aside allowing the three men under his control to attack at will.

“Chase Collins, as a traitor to the Covenant of Silence, you are sentenced to death. We are here to administer that punishment.”

“No!” Caleb voiced, taking the role of leader. “He is no longer guilty of treason.”

“Caleb Danvers, you are not needed in this discussion. The Elders have decided his fate,” the eldest Simms stated.

“Without my knowledge!” Caleb yelled.

“It does not matter. What’s done is done,” Elder Garwin said as they stepped toward Chase. A purple shield erected in front of them, stopping them in their tracks.

“You will not touch him!” Liz commanded authority present in her voice.

“Who are you to talk to us that way?” Elder Parry enquired.

“She’s of no concern of yours,” Reid commented, worried about their reaction at the knowledge of a female having Power.

“I am Elizabeth Parker, daughter of the line of Putnam and sister of Chase Collins Putnam,” confidence coming from her voice. Somehow, she knew they would not be able to touch them through the shield, no matter how powerful they may be. “You are not welcome here. I am not a traitor of the Covenant; therefore, I am a member, and I follow my leader, Caleb Danvers.”

“I am Pogue Parry, son of the line of Parry, and I stand behind the daughter of Putnam’s decision and follow my leader, Caleb Danvers.”

“I am Reid Garwin, son of the line of Garwin, and I, also, stand behind the daughter of Putnam’s decision and follow my leader, Caleb Danvers.”

“I am Tyler Simms, son of the line of Simms, and I stand behind the daughter of Putnam’s decision and follow my leader, Caleb Danvers.”

“You are outvoted,” Caleb stated. “The sentence cannot be carried out. You are ordered to leave this area and return to where you belong, back in Ipswich!”

“We are disobeying your order,” Elder Parry said, disdain and anger dripping from his words. “We are the Elders, you cannot order us around. We make the rules; therefore, we are the leaders of the Covenant, not you!”

With those words stated, the Elders formed a crescent around the younger members and began to through energy balls toward them, but none could penetrate the purple shield between the two groups.

Michael saw the strategic layout of the two groups and decided to help Liz and his new friends out as much as possible. He moved to stand beside the short brunette and began firing his blasts at the enemy, trying to keep their focus on him and Liz while the others come up with a strategy to defeat them.

While Liz protected them, sweat traveling down her face, Chase and Caleb were gathering as much energy as they could between them from their allies, hoping to come up with a large enough blast to end the fighting in one hit.

When they had all the Power they could hold together, they let loose a ball around twenty feet high and twenty feet wide as Reid and Tyler pulled Liz out of the way.

Nicholas let out a high-pitched scream that could be heard throughout the quarry, echoing off the high cliffs. His pain was so intense not a single thought could go through his head, not of his plans failure or of the anger that would be going through Khivar at the knowledge of Nicholas’ betrayal.

Silence reigned as everyone stared at the pile of dust where Nicholas had been standing.

“Where are we? What are we doing here?” Elder Parry confused about their location.

“You’re in the desert close to Roswell, New Mexico,” Liz sagged against Tyler, her brain going a mile a minute on the situation even as her body felt drain of the adrenaline she had during the fight. “It seems you were under Nicholas’s control and released when he was killed.”

Confusion coursed through the gathered group, the Roswellians thinking why would Khivar order Nicholas to attack now, the Covenant wondering how anything could take control of three of their strongest.

“Why don’t we go back to the Crashdown,” Reid said, worried eyes on Liz’s tired form. “We could all use a little rest.”

“No!” Max sneered at the group, not caring about how he sounded like a petulant child. “I want answers! What the hell just happened? I thought Tess killed Nicholas; we saw it happen.” He said, pointing to Isabel and Michael. “And how the hell did Liz get powers?!”

“Maxwell…” Michael started to chastise his leader, but was interrupted before he could say anything else.

“You know, I’m starting to figure out why you were killed in your past life.” Reid said, furious at Max.

“Reid, that’s enough,” Liz whispered to the blond standing beside her.

“No, I’m sick of his childish attitude. All you do is think about yourself. You give no consideration to the people around you. Look around. Your second doesn’t believe in your decisions anymore, your sister doesn’t even know you because you alienate her for Vilondra’s mistake, and Liz, you screwed that up all by yourself. You chose a murderer over her, and you’ve got to live with it now. Congratulations!”

Max was stunned at the ferocious words coming out of the blond man’s mouth, but the speech had done what it was meant to. Max was finally realizing the mistakes he had been making the last couple of years. He wasn’t exactly sure when it happened, but he was thinking it had happened when they had learned about their past from Zan and Vilondra’s mother. Technically, he couldn’t call her their mother; their mother was in Roswell probably cooking a nice dinner for her and their father. That’s another mistake to add to the long list. He needed to apologize to his attitude toward them as well.

“Alright,” Max agreed to everything Reid had said. “I think you’re right. I’ve made mistakes, and I’ll have to live with them. However, I’m hoping I can make up for some of the things I have done.”

After everyone agreed to meet up at the Crashdown after closing so they could talk in private with no interruptions, they made their way to the parked cars, thankful none of the blasts had hit in that direction.

~*~*~*~*~*~

“My Lord,” shouted a man, running down the hallway to the temporary throne room that was housed on the ship approaching Earth.

“What is it, Thomas?” Khivar said, knowing the man would not disturb him if it wasn’t important.

“My Lord, Nicholas is dead,” Thomas said breathlessly.

“You are positive?”

“Yes, sir, I felt it,” he said, hating to bring such bad news to the temperamental king.

“Well, then. It looks like you were just promoted, and I know you’ll succeed where your brother did not,” Khivar said menacingly. “Nicholas’s new skin was just harvested on Earth, so you can take it while yours is still in preparation.”

“Thank you, My Lord,” Thomas bowed, ideas for revenge against those who killed his brother traveling through his thoughts. “I will not disappoint you.”

~TBC~
vampyrolover86
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: Binding Legacy (Cov, XO, UC, Mature) Part 10 12.18.08 Pg13

Post by vampyrolover86 »

Thank you for the patience guys...Here's the next part.

Part 10

The drive back to Roswell was relatively quiet. Reid and Tyler sat in the back with Liz. Her head pillowed by Reid’s shoulder, his arms around her waist making sure she didn’t fall while she dosed into a light sleep as Tyler gently massaged the tense muscles in her calves.

Chase, who had been given the job of driving back to town, was checking on his sister every couple of minutes, worried about the amount of power she used. She didn’t have the same weakness the guys did, but that didn’t mean there would be no repercussions for her using so much at one time without working up her endurance. They would all have to work on endurance if they were going to survive the war Liz had told them about.

The last seat occupied was taken by Pogue, who kept checking the side mirror constantly to make sure the car behind them that housed Caleb and the Elders was not making any sudden stops or detours. He was nervous having Caleb drive back with the parents alone, but Caleb had insisted on it, saying he needed some time to convince the Elders of Chase’s reformation.

As they crossed the “Welcome to Roswell” sign, all the occupants of the Tundra relaxed considerably, hoping to crash into a bed to sleep for a couple of hours before they had to face the Roswellians and tell them the truth about what was to come. The fight with Nicholas was just the beginning; they still had Khivar to contend with.

Chase pulled up to the house, making sure the truck was turned off before jumping out to open the door for Reid, who was planning on carrying Liz inside to a soft, warm bed.

Pogue got out within seconds of Chase, more worried about Caleb than Liz; while Tyler stayed in the truck long enough to ensure Reid had a good hold on Liz.

‘I need to know what’s happening with her!’ Chase thought to himself as he watched his blond brother carry his sister into the house with Tyler following close behind.

“We’ll find out what’s wrong with her,” Caleb reassured his former nemesis, clapping Chase on the shoulder. “We won’t let anything happen to our sister; I promise.”

“There’s no way to know unless you have extended knowledge on everything.” Chase snapped. “My father didn’t even know a female could be born from our lines.”

“She’s powerful,” Pogue stated, trying to alleviate Chase and Caleb’s worry for the youngest member. “I’m sure she’s just tired from working too hard.”

“She hasn’t worked any harder than she normally does during the week,” Chase commented absently, not even for a moment hesitating to reveal such information to the other boys.

“Then it could just be stress,” Caleb tried to reason. “In the past month, she’s found a long-lost brother, learned she has magical powers, been attacked at least once…”

“Not to mention, found out one of her best friends was murdered by her ex’s past-life wife and has been betrayed by her other best friend for her ex. Oh no…that wouldn’t cause stress at all,” Chase pointed out, rolling his eyes in exasperation at the situation in general.

“She just needs to relax,” Elder Parry added in, coming up behind the younger guys, confused about the young female hanging around with the younger Covenant members.

“That’s not going to be possible anytime soon,” Pogue said sarcastically. “And we really need to check around town to make sure our enemies aren’t around.”

“Actually, it could be,” Caleb thought out loud, looking straight at Chase. “You know everything there is to know about Liz’s power and what is going to happen, don’t you?”

“Yeah, but I don’t see how that’s relevant…” Chase drifted off when a thought hit him. “Oh, no way, Man! I’m not leaving those three alone without supervision!”

“It’s the only way she’s going to have time to relax,” Pogue caught onto their thinking. “Reid and Tyler wouldn’t do that without her consent.”

“That’s what I’m worried about,” Chase murmured with a scowl, walking into the house to check on Liz.

“She’s out,” Reid stated, shutting the door to his room, so he could talk to his brothers without disturbing her. “Tyler’s with her now, but she’s exhausted. I don’t know if she’ll make it to the meeting tonight or not.”

“We were just discussing that,” Caleb told Reid, waiting for Chase’s reaction.

“I think you and Tyler should stay here while we go to the meeting,” Chase stiffly conceded with a glare toward Reid, not liking the idea any more than before, but there was no other way Liz could get some undisturbed rest, “but she will be resting and nothing else.” It was obvious the fifth member of the Covenant was not happy with the situation but was willing to compromise for his sister’s sake.

“No prob,” Reid smirked, causing a growl from both Chase and Caleb. “Chill guys; her virtue will still be intact when you get back.”

Chase didn’t respond; he just walked toward the closed door, opening it to the sight of Tyler holding a sleeping Liz against his body, caressing her hair.

“Tyler,” Chase whispered and nodded his head toward the living room, signaling that he want to speak with the brunette.

Once they made their way into the living room, Chase turned toward both Reid and Tyler to give them a warning. “I’m going to trust you two with her until we get back, and I don’t want anything to happen while we’re gone.”

“We’ll take care of her, but where are you guys going? It’s still a couple of hours until the Crashdown closes,” Tyler asked, noticing the sun setting out the window.

“There will be no taking care of her unless it is health wise,” Chase frowned at the implications Tyler could have meant.

“We’re going to walk around town and see if we can track down any enemy energy,” Caleb interjected, shaking his head at the over-protective brother. “If there are any spies hanging around town, I want to know about it, and I want everyone on their guard at all times. It wouldn’t help us any if someone misses out of the main battle because they were dead.”

“Ten-four, Captain,” Reid smirked as the Elders, Caleb, Pogue, and Chase all headed toward the door, hoping to get a glare out of their leader, and he was not disappointed. Caleb reacted exactly how he thought he would before he slammed the door.

Reid and Tyler shared a smile with each other before they made their way to their room, stopping just inside the doorway to observe the dark-haired beauty snuggled under the covers.

“I’ll see what we have in the kitchen for dinner, if you’ll wake her up,” Tyler said, eyes softly gazing over. “As much as I want her to sleep, she hasn’t had much to eat today.”

Reid nodded, walked gracefully over to the bed, and sat on the edge, as Tyler went to check the refrigerator for anything eatable.

“Hey, Beautiful, it’s time to wake up,” Reid whispered, gently shaking Liz.

Liz responded by mumbling and burying her head deeper into the pillows.

“Oh, no you don’t,” Reid caressed her cheek. “You need to eat something.”

“Not hungry,” she replied, but her stomach decided to betray her by giving a little growl at the mention of food.

“Your stomach says otherwise. Come on, Angel. Tyler’s making us some food,” Reid said soothingly.

Liz mumbled again while she crawled out of the bed and slowly walking toward the bedroom door with Reid following her.

“Where’s the kitchen?” she asked, realizing she didn’t recognize her surroundings.

“This way,” Reid turned and placed his hand in the small of her back leading her through the living room toward another doorway.

“Where is everyone else?” Liz asked, stopping in the middle of the room. “You said Tyler was making food, but what about Chase and the others?”

“They went to look around town before the meeting.”

“Uh huh,” Liz said disbelieving. “They’re not going to see much with it being dark outside.”

“They’re making sure there are no enemies hanging around town,” Reid conceded.

“See, that wasn’t so hard, was it?” Liz teased. “What time do they want us at the Crashdown? I mean, closing is at 10pm, but I figured they would want some time with the others on their own.”

“How did you…”

“Just because I was tired doesn’t mean I was completely out of it,” Liz smiled, interrupting Reid. “I heard what you said, and I wanted to thank you for saying what I couldn’t.”

“No prob,” he smirked, accepting the apology and leading her toward the doorway once again.

Liz was met with the sight of a shirtless Tyler, cutting sandwiches in fourths for the three of them, when they finally made it inside the kitchen.

“Baby Boy, you’re going to end up blinding our girl here,” Reid leered at the other man, letting him know he was only teasing.

“You’re paler than me, Blondie,” Tyler retorted back, setting the sandwiches down on the kitchen table.

“I’m not the one walking around half-naked, tempting our little witch here,” Reid smirked, leading Liz toward one of the chairs as Tyler and he sat on either side of her, each taking a slice of food.

“You’re just jealous you didn’t think of it first,” Tyler grinned back, blue eyes sparkling with laughter and the utter confidence that what he spoke was truth. Reid only grunted and flipped him off while Liz laughed at their antics.

“Trust me. It wouldn’t take much to tempt me with you two,” Liz confessed, taking a little piece for herself, “which means I want to be absolutely honest with you guys.”

She seemed hesitant to continue, trying to find a good place to start. “I’ve always had dreams of going to Harvard and of becoming a molecular biologist, but when I was sixteen that all changed.

“I was working at the café, showing some tourists a fake picture of an alien. Two men were sitting at a booth, arguing over God knows what; never did find out what. The next thing I know a shot rang out, and I was laying on the floor with Max leaning over me.”

She paused to let the story sink in with Tyler and Reid. “He called it changing the molecular structure of a substance.”

“So he changed the molecular structure of the bullet to blend into your body, then healed you,” Tyler deducted, knowledge shining in his eyes.

“He couldn’t do that without forming some kind of connection,” Reid stated, “if his power is similar to ours.”

“He did form a connection. He said he saw some of my memories; then he formed another to show me his memories of me.”

Liz was interrupted by the collective gasp coming from both men. They could not believe Max was stupid enough to form a double connection with someone he wasn’t absolutely sure he was going to spend a lifetime with. It was just cruel and unusual punishment for the receiving party. The only possible way to break the connection would be for either party to die.

“For the next couple of months, we dodged questions and accusations from the sheriff, who had become suspicious. I was dating the sheriff’s son, Kyle, when Max saved my life.”

“Wait? Kyle? Your Kyle is the sheriff’s son?” Reid asked.

“Well, former sheriff anyways,” Liz said, smiling at Reid. “Everything got somewhat quiet for a while. I can’t really say back to normal because I didn’t know what normal was anymore. Besides, after Alex and I were arrested…”

“Arrested?! Now you get to the interesting parts,” Reid interrupted Liz again, intrigue shining in his eyes. “Was it public indecency? Did some video tape it?”

“Reid!” Tyler yelled, reaching around Liz to slap the back of the other boy’s head.

Liz cleared her throat to clear the lump that had gathered there at the thought of her best friend. “After Alex and I were arrested, my parents didn’t trust me as much as they used to, even if it wasn’t our fault.” The group of three moved into the living room to sit on the couch as Liz continued on with her story for the next couple of hours. She only hoped she had explained everything to the two guys she wanted to trust with her tattered heart.

Reid and Tyler sat there stunned at what the young woman had been through. Even with them growing up with the knowledge of gaining mystical powers, they didn’t compare to the one sitting with them.

~TBC~