What Do We Need a baby... (M/M Adult) Ch 4 - 10/18 [WIP]

This is the place where fics that have not been updated in the past three months will be moved until the author asks a mod to move them back to an active board.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, truelovepooh, Forum Moderators

simplyshiny
Enthusiastic Roswellian

What Do We Need a baby... (M/M Adult) Ch 4 - 10/18 [WIP]

Post by simplyshiny »

Author: Simplyshiny
Title: What do we Need a baby for anyhow?
Summary: Set several years after Departure, can’t say too much, just that for Michael and Maria, that question will be answered
Coupling: Maria/Michael, hints of Max/Liz
Disclaimer: I don’t own any of this stuff…Jason Katims, Melissa Metz, you know
Rating: I’d call it Adult
Warning: well any warning I have might give it away, but I’ll say it’s not going to be very happy at some points…it will end happy though!
A/N: This is what happens when you try to spend a Friday night in studying for mid-terms

~*~*~*~

Chapter One

Maria Deluca woke up slowly, not quite sure why she was waking up at first, she then felt a an aching in her stomach, and curled up trying to make it go away, not wanting to get out of the warm bed. She sighed when she realized it wasn’t going way, she threw back the covers, knowing no matter how loud she was, her boyfriend wasn’t going to wake up. She sat up slowly and sleepily began to stagger to the small, hotel bathroom, not noticing the crimson stain left on the sheets. She made her way to the bathroom, not bothering to turn on the light. She pulled down the panties and sat on the toilet, but she wasn’t going to the bathroom, and the pain was only getting worse. She then felt a wetness between her legs and became very confused. Not even pulling up her panties, she stumbled over to the door and flipped on the light. The site that met her eyes was unexpected, and made her heart stop. Her underwear were covered in blood, it was seeping out, she fell to the floor in shock, and the pain began to over take her.

Oh God, no no no, please no.

She crawled back over to the toilet and prayed she was wrong, but then the pain gripped her, it was unimaginable.

“Michael” she whispered crying “Michael..” then it hit her and she screamed “MICHAEL”

He sat up with a start, his heart beating in his chest as he heard her blood-curdling scream.

“Michael, HELP”

He threw the sheets back and rushed to the bathroom where she was calling. She was on the floor by the toilet, holding her stomach, blood pooling around her

“Oh, God, Maria” He cried falling by her feet and taking her in his arms

“It hurts, oh god it hurts so bad” she could only whisper, through the pain “you have to get Max”

He nodded “Right” and started to get up, but she grabbed his arm

“No, Don’t leave me”

He looked at her for a second, unsure of what to do, but then he remembered who was in the room next to him and began to pound on the wall.

God, wake up, please wake up
he prayed as he held his girlfriend, with one arm and pounded on the wall with the other. He breathed a sigh of relief when he heard a similar pounding at his door.

“I’ll be right back, baby” he said as she nodded, he couldn’t bear to see the pain in her eyes.

He rushed to the door and opened it, seeing Kyle Valenti on the other side

“Jesus, Guerin, I know you and Maria are passionate but-“ he stopped when he saw the blood on Michael’s hands.

“Go get Max, go get Max NOW!” he didn’t bother to explain, but the door across the hall opened and Isabelle stepped out.

“Could you guys be any louder?” She asked.

Michael didn’t say anything but just grabbed her arm and pulled her in as Kyle ran off down the hall, unfortunately, Max and Liz were staying on a different floor.

“Michael, what the-Oh my god, Maria” She ran to her friend grabbing a towel off the rod and pressed it to he pelvis. “Shhh it’s ok Maria, Max will be here soon”

Michael took his place behind her and held on to her

“What happened?” Isabelle asked

“I don’t know, she just started screaming and I came in here she was already like this, shhhh, baby, it’s ok, it’s ok” he tightened his grip as another scream ripped through her body, he felt horrible, helpless to the woman he loved. But Isabelle was grabbing towels, wetting them and trying to clean Maria up just a bit.

“Oh My God Maria” He heard a cry from the door and looked up to see Max, Liz and Kyle standing at the door, Max must have opened the lock. Liz ran over to her friend and Max tried to fit himself in, but the small bathroom was already over crowded.

“We need to get her to the bed” Max said. Maria barely heard it, everything was a haze through the pain in her back. She felt familiar, strong hands lift her up, and she looked up, gazing into her love’s eyes, he didn’t take them off of her either, and the pain subsided, slightly as he carried her to the bed, their friends surrounding them and trying to help them. She felt herself be lowered onto the bed, and Michael holding her hand, while Liz sat on the bed next to her, held her other hand and Kyle and Isabelle held each other at the foot of the bed. Max knelt beside the bed and placed his hands over Maria’s abdomen. She felt him healing her, his power coursing through her, she saw what he saw, flashes of her life, all dealing with Michael. But she knew he also felt her pain, she could barely breath. Then it was over. The pain was gone, but she felt empty. She heard the silence around them, and she knew they were wondering what she already knew.

“Maxwell…” She heard Michael ask. But she curled up, and shut herself down, she didn’t want to hear what they had to say. She couldn’t hear it said out loud. She had lost the baby.

___

So I basically just...wrote...as it came to me, kind of all over the place, i know, but i was trying to get the different views!
Last edited by simplyshiny on Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Thanks Singerchic4!!
Mamma Mia! Michael and Maria!
Watch my Candy Video!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-D719jj_1eg
R.I.P. Precious Gem
Break the Silence
http://www.ovarian.org/
simplyshiny
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: What Do We Need a baby for anyhow? (M/M Adult) Ch 1 - 10/4

Post by simplyshiny »

Chapter Two

Maria groaned as she pulled her head out of the porcelain toilet, and reached up to flush down her vomit as she stood up. Walking to the sink, she grabbed a glass of water and rinsed her mouth out. She ran her hands through her hair, and shuffled into the hotel room.
“You Okay?” Michael asked her as he pulled on his shirt.

Maria groaned and fell onto the bed “Yeah, it’s just the flu or something”

“The flu?”

Maria lifted her hand from the place they were resting over her eyes and looked at Michael “Yeah, Michael, that’s what happens when a human spends a week sleeping in a car with five other people.”

Michael rolled his eyes “Liz and Kyle aren’t sick”

“Yeah, well Liz and Kyle have also been shot and healed by Max and developed their own alien powers.”

“Well then be glad you’re sick.” Maria shot him a look and he turned, “It means you haven’t been shot.”

Maria smiled “Get out of here, spaceboy, go find yourself a job.”

He leaned down and kissed her on the forehead “I’ll send Liz in to keep you company”

She watched as he walked out of the room, they had spent a week straight driving, after their last FBI raid, finally settling, at least for awhile, in a small hotel outside of Pittsburgh. She laid her head back, her head finally was beginning to clear and her stomach feeling less queasy. She closed her eyes, but opened them a minute later when she heard Liz enter.

“Hey you okay?” she asked her best friend.

“Oh yeah, I’m feeling worlds better already, you wanna watch some Ellen?” Maria turned on the TV as Liz came in and sat down next to her.

The two friends sat watching the television for a while, occasionally commenting or laughing; Maria running to puke for a couple times.

But she surprised Liz when she stood up “Come on, lets get out of here, I could really use a cheese burger”

“Are you sure Maria? You were just puking half an hour ago”
“Positive, I really want a cheeseburger”

And that was how the two found themselves at an Eat-n-Park a little while later, with burgers before them. As soon as the plate was set before her, Maria started grabbing fries, she then grabbed the ketchup and surprisingly a bottle of Tabasco sauce and began to pour them on her burger.

“Woah, Woah, Maria what are you doing?” Liz cried as Maria took a large bite of the burger.

“What?” she asked with her mouth full “it sounded good”

Liz set down the burger that had been halfway to her mouth and looked confused.

“Maria…what’s the date today?”

Maria, still shoving the burger into her mouth, looked at her watch “November 15th, why?”

Liz gave her a look and Maria’s eyes widened, and looked back at her watch “The 15th? No, it cant be…how did I? I didn’t notice…No, no it cant be…”

“Maria, Maria! You’re two weeks late right? Throwing up, tired, craving food…Maria you’re pregnant”

~*~*~

Maria then woke up, the room was dark and she was alone. It was a dream. She wasn’t pregnant, not anymore.
Last edited by simplyshiny on Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks Singerchic4!!
Watch my Candy Video!
R.I.P. Precious Gem
Break the Silence
simplyshiny
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: What Do We Need a baby for anyhow? (M/M Adult) Ch 2 - 10/7

Post by simplyshiny »

Thanks xmag! art_junkie! keep reading!

Chapter Three

Michael lifted another hay bale into the back of a rickety green truck, it belonged to an old farmer he and Kyle had been going to for part time work over the past few days.
He was sweating but he didn’t notice, his muscles were aching but he could feel the pain.
“Come on, man, take a break, drink some water” Kyle said leaning against the side of the truck.

“I’m alright”

“Michael you’ve been working non-stop for hours”

“Yeah, because if we don’t get this damn hay into that damned barn before it rains, we’re not getting paid, and seeing as how I want to eat, we need money” Michael exploded in Kyle’s face, who didn’t respond, only took one last swig from his water bottle and grabbed the last bale, then jumped into the driver’s seat. Michael shut the tailgate and made his way to the cab.

~*~*~*~*~

Michael had barely opened the door when a mass of blonde hair and big lips were upon him.

“Mmmm…hey” he said pulling away from the kiss “What’s going on”

“What? A girl can’t be happy to see the love of her life without an inquisition?”

Michael laughed “Well, you’ve never called me the love of your life before, so either you did something wrong or you want something”

Maria looked nervous “No, no I don’t want anything” she led him over to the bed and sat behind him, rubbing his shoulders.

“What is it Maria?” he asked turning towards her?

“What? Ok, ok here it is” She stood up and began pacing, and he began feeling nervous.
“Maria, what’s wrong what happened”

She turned to him smiling and knelt at his feet “Michael, I’m pregnant”

It wasn’t what he had been expecting, it was the last thing he had expected.

“What? What? How did this happen?”

Maria’s smile faltered a bit, “How did this happen? Michael you know how this happened”

“No Maria, I don’t understand, we were taking all the necessary precautions, we were careful, hell Maria”

“Hell MARIA?” She asked “I remember you being there too and what are you doing freaking out I thought this was GOOD news”

“Good news? Maria we spend our entire lives running away from the FBI and alien hunters and wondering when the next alien invaders are going to show up! Its not a good life to raise a child! Are we even ready to raise a child? Hell! What do we even need a child for anyway?!”

Maria’s eyes just widened and Michael put his head in his hands “Oh god, Maria, I didn’t mean it like that”

“Then why did you say it? What did you mean?”

“Maria, I…I don’t know what I meant I’m just scared”

“And I’m not? You don’t think all these things have run through my head too? That I don’t worry that this baby may have more alien in it and come out grey with big black eyes? I’m scared, Michael, terrified, but then I remember that it’s you and me, and we’ve been through so much already that I know we can make it through this.”

He looked into those eyes, those piercing green eyes that made his heart swell, filled with so much emotion he realized that she was right, it may be scary, but the truth was he never wanted anything more then to have a family with her, be with her forever. But was he ready? Would he ever be ready?

~*~*~*~

Michael awoke from the day dream as Kyle pulled the truck up to the old barn

“Looks like it’s about to rain, we better hurry before we get soaked through to the bone”

Michael knew Kyle was just trying to help, but he didn’t want it, he wouldn’t mind the rain soaking him. He knew he deserved it.
Last edited by simplyshiny on Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks Singerchic4!!
Watch my Candy Video!
R.I.P. Precious Gem
Break the Silence
simplyshiny
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: What Do We Need a baby for anyhow? (M/M Adult) Ch 3 - 10/10

Post by simplyshiny »

Chapter Four

Darkness surrounded her as she curled up under the covers, trying to sleep. But she hadn’t, she hadn’t moved all day, not when Isabelle came in and tried to get her out of bed, not when Liz came in and curled up next to her for an hour, not when Max came in talking about how he had gotten a job handing out flyers dressed as a taco, not Kyle came in telling her to get her butt out of bed to see the fat man in the bikini by the pool. The only one who hadn’t come in was Michael, she wasn’t sure if that was a good thing or not, but the one good thing about her friends coming in and out, as much as she ignored them, was that she wasn’t alone. She raised her eyes to read the clock, 2:34 everyone was asleep, everyone but Michael that is. As if on cue, she heard the door open, and before she realized what she was doing, she closed her eye, and pretended to sleep. She heard him walk in, then she didn’t hear anything, she didn’t need to open her eyes to know she was watching her. Tears almost came to her eyes as she heard him lower himself onto the other bed and crawl under the covers. She opened her eyes and saw the outline of his back, she watched as his arm rose and fell with his breath, she didn’t even need to see it all, she knew every curve of the muscles every nook and cranny, every freckle, she had studied every part of his body for years, she found herself wondering, against her will, if her baby would have had his eyes, that gorgeous, deep brown that she could get lost in, she wondered if it would have the strong jaw line that made her weak in the knees and his lips? Everyone always commented on her lips, but she had never wanted anyone to have lips like hers, all through out her childhood her peers had made fun of her, and though now people said it was one of her most defining features, she never forgot the nickname ‘Ducklips’. But Michael, he had the perfect lips. Perfect size, shape, feeling, just perfect. Those lips. Those lips were what made her lose it. Made her go crazy more then any other part of his body…well most parts of his body. But then her thoughts changed,
He told you he didn’t want this baby.
A nasty voice told her
He didnt want you, He would have left you, just like your father did, just like you deserve, the DeLuca curse.
Tears began seeping out of her eyes and she held her breath, trying to not let Michael hear her cry.
Its true though, you were always so hard on him, he was never good enough, nothing he did was ever good enough.
But that wasn’t true, sure she complained a lot, but that was just her, she couldn’t help herself. But she loved him. She loved all his bad habits, as crazy as they made her, she loved that crazy feeling. She loved him.
But you never let him know that, that’s why he didn’t want the baby. You were so hard on him, and he didn’t love you, how could he? How could he want someone like you?

_____

Ahh it took me so long to update, and it's short! sorry, I'll keep up with it more...
Last edited by simplyshiny on Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks Singerchic4!!
Watch my Candy Video!
R.I.P. Precious Gem
Break the Silence
simplyshiny
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: What Do We Need a baby for anyhow? (M/M Adult) Ch 5 - 11/24

Post by simplyshiny »

Hi, I'm back!
I'm sorry it took so long, basically that day I had to go and say good-bye to my friend, then she passed from Ovarian Cancer, then my uncle had surgery, then I had the flu and lots of other crap...but here's another part!

Chapter Five

Michael hadn’t heard Maria crying, but he saw the remnants of it in the crumpled up tissues the next morning and his heart ached. What kind of guy was he if he couldn’t even comfort the woman he loved? What kind of father would he have been? Maybe it was for the better that Maria had lost this baby. And as soon as he thought it his stomach plummeted, here Maria was crying and not getting out of bed, and he was glad the baby was gone. God, he was horrible. He took one last glance at Maria’s sleeping form before he stepped out of the room where he ran into Max, who was coming out of his room and eyed Michael warily.

“How’s it going, Michael?”

Michael looked up and nodded “It’s going”

“How Maria?”

“Not good, man” was all he said before he walked away.

The two of them walked to the lobby and met Kyle who was waiting for them impatiently

“Come on dudes, you two are like girls you take so long to get ready” he laughed, but his smile dropped when Michael just blew past him without a word. He and Max exchanged looks, they had heard far too little from their once loud companions, and it was beginning to worry everyone.

Michael hadn’t said anything else the whole day, which wasn’t new, but Max was starting to get worried, and decided to confront his friend. So, instead of heading back to the hotel after work, he led Michael to a near by diner, and started looking at a menu, hoping Michael would say something, but when he didn’t, Max put down the menu and sighed.

“Michael, we have to talk about this” He expected Michael to explode, to start shouting at him about staying out of other peoples business and trying to rule other peoples lives. But Michael surprised him again by looking up at him, eyes full of hurt.

“I don’t know what you want me to say man, I was going to be a father, and now I am not. It happens” Michael tried to sound indifferent, but the pain was obvious.

“Michael have you talked to Maria at all?”

“I can’t, Max, I don’t know what to say”

Max sighed, and tried not to say anything that would disrupt this new, calm Michael.

“Michael…Did you…Michael do you love Maria?”

Michael nodded “Completely”

“Then you need to talk to her”

“It’s not that easy, Max, she hates me now, you know how she is”

“You’re right, I do know how she is, and I know she needs someone to love her”

Michael didn’t respond, but just thought, Max was right, he knew that, he just didn’t know how, seeing Maria depressed like this was scary, she had always been his rock, his cheerful, bubbly, beautiful rock. Seeing her so un like herself, made him wonder who he could be.

Michael got back to the hotel later that night, determined to try and talk to Maria, he opened the door into the room, turning towards the bed, and stopped, staring at the bed not believing what he was seeing. It was empty. He turned around and ran into the bathroom, also empty.

“Maria?” He called out stupidly, the room was 20 square feet, he could see in a second that Maria wasn’t there.

Maybe she was feeling better, maybe Liz had gotten her up and they had gone out, yeah that was it, she was in Liz’s room, venting abut what a un emotional ass he was. He walked across the hall to Max and Liz’s room, knocking as soon as his arm reached the door. Liz answered.

“Hey, can I talk to Maria?”

Liz looked confused, “Of course, but she’s not here”

“She’s not-?” and he was running down the hall to Isabelle and Kyle’s room, then back to his own when she wasn’t there. He tore the sheets off the bed, maybe she was really under there. She wasn’t, so he dropped to his knees to look under the bed. Hell, there wasn’t even an under the bed, it was bolted to the floor. He ran to their bags, nothing was missing, not even Maria’s purse.

“Michael, what’s going on?” cried Liz “Where is Maria?”
Last edited by simplyshiny on Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Thanks Singerchic4!!
Watch my Candy Video!
R.I.P. Precious Gem
Break the Silence
simplyshiny
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: What Do We Need a baby for anyhow? (M/M Adult) Ch 6 - 12/1

Post by simplyshiny »

Chapter Six

Maria didn’t know where she was, she wasn’t even sure how she got out of the hotel room. The streets she walked down weren’t bad, but it was getting dark and people were staring at her.

Its for the better. Leaving. Better for everyone.

She didn’t look where she was going and almost walked in front of a speeding bus.

Only ever got in the way, no powers.

She fell back and watched as the bus sped by, honking its horn as it passed. People around her stared and whispered.

They had to create their plans around the one with no powers, could have been easier without her in the way

She realized then why people were staring, she had simply wandered out of the hotel room, not showering, changing, or even putting on shoes. Her bare feet were getting dirty and her hair hadn’t been washed in days, or weeks she wasn’t sure how long. She still wore her pajama pants and an oversized shirt that had once been Michael’s.

Michael. Did he even love her any more? Did he ever? She was so weak. A weak pitiful human. So broken.

A police car pulled up then.

“Miss?” he put his hand out to her “Miss can I help you?”

Maria turned and stared at him “help?” she said faintly

“Why don’t you come with me, Miss, we’ll take you somewhere warm, get you something to eat.”

She nodded and took his hand as he led her to his squad car.

“How did you get out here? Do you know where you’re from?”

“From? I’m…I…I don’t know”

“Well, don’t you worry, we’ll get you some help”

He pulled into a parking lot and led her into a big brick building, he stopped at a counter and talked to a short, squat woman behind the counter who then came out and walked over to Maria with the police man.

“Hello, Honey, what’s your name?””

“Maria” she said softly.

“Well, Maria, I’m Sondra, why don’t you come with me” She put her hands on Maria’s shoulders, and led her away.

Maria looked behind her, to see if the Policeman was following her but he was already walking out the door, he probably didn’t want to be around her either. No one did.

She followed Sondra through a pair of double doors and down a hallway, through another pair of doors and into a large room, filled with long tables and a buffet at one end. She finally realized where she must be. She must be in a homeless shelter. She had been to several soup kitchens before when she was growing up. Her mother had always made her do community service, but now she was seeing it through different eyes. She followed Sondra through the buffet line, then to where she led her to sit.

“You just sit here and eat, honey, I’ll be back in a little bit”

Maria looked around and took a bite of food. It was bland and she wasn’t sure what exactly it was.

Michael would hate it. No, stop thinking about Michael, he’s happy now and that’s all that matters. They’re all probably packing up and heading out, elated that they’ve finally gotten rid of their biggest problem.

___

eh sorry its a short one, I'm still working out the end, but I thought you all might want to know that this story isnt going to be very alien-y...wait for my next story for that one!
Thanks Singerchic4!!
Watch my Candy Video!
R.I.P. Precious Gem
Break the Silence