Forgive to Forget (M/L AU ADULT) A/N; 31/5/09 [WIP]

This is the place where fics that have not been updated in the past three months will be moved until the author asks a mod to move them back to an active board.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, truelovepooh, Forum Moderators

Emz80m
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Forgive to Forget (M/L AU ADULT) Nine; Pg 15, 18/11

Post by Emz80m »

Thanks everyone :D

Max was nervous and it didn’t seem to matter how many times he paced his small hospital room. It didn’t help.

“You’re going to wear a hole in the floor if you don’t stop soon.” Michael informed him from the door where he had been watching him for the past ten minutes.

“I know but I can’t sit still. I’m nervous. What if she doesn’t like me? Or doesn’t want me to be her father?”

Michael resisted the urge to laugh. “Max you’re the one who has lost their memory, not Addison,” he reminded him.

Max didn’t react.

“Max she already likes you and accepts you as her father.”

When Michael’s words registered with Max a smile broke out on his face.

“Feel better?” Michael asked.

“Yeah thanks,” Max said sitting on the bed and relaxing slightly.

“Good because they’re coming down the hallway.”

Max jumped to his feet again and was just running a hand through his hair when Liz and Addison appeared at the door.

Max recognised her immediately from the photos Liz had already shown him but nothing had prepared him for her beautiful face which was looking up at him shyly. Her hand was tucked into her mothers and she was wearing a beautiful pink dress with her dark hair in braids.

“Hi.” Liz greeted.

“Hi.” Max smiled, lifting his eyes to hers for a brief second before returning them to Addison.

“Hi baby,” Max whispered.

“Hi Daddy,” she replied quietly. “Are you feeling better?” she asked worriedly. Although her mother had assured her that he was going to be alright Addison was still unsure. She had never been to hospital before but she had heard her Aunty Maria talking and she knew that her daddy had been very sick.

“Yeah, much better sweetie.”

Addison pulled her hand free from her mother then and made quick steps towards Max. Max caught her in his arms easily and hugged her against his body.

Liz was finding it hard not to cry. She had never seen Max like this with Addison before and she knew she would never forget this moment because this is the way she had always thought it would be.

“Why don’t we sit down and you can tell me everything I’ve missed since I’ve been in here,” Max suggested then.

Liz made a move to take a seat in the corner but Max halted her movement quickly. “Come and sit with us Liz?”

“Yeah come and sit with us Mummy,” Addison added eagerly making it impossible for Liz to refuse.

“Are you sure?” Liz asked Max.

“Positive.” he grinned.

Michael couldn’t hide his grin as he left the room. He couldn’t remember the last time he had seen either Liz or Max as happy as they were in that moment and he hoped that it would last longer that the short hospital visit.

Tess watched as Phillip Evans fumed at her news.

“I’m sorry Phillip,” she told him dutifully.

“I’ve had enough of that good for nothing piece of shit,” he spat. “I don’t care what he remembers or not. I’m not going to tolerate this shit any more. It's about time he was reminded of who’s in charge around here.”

Tess resisted the urge to shrink into her seat. She certainly didn’t want to be Max when Phillip got his hands on him; Tess had seen the results of last time.

“Whatever you think is best,” Tess nodded. “Let me know what you want me to do.”

“Go over there and fuck him that would be a good start. Remind him what a good set of tits and pussy you have,” Phillip leered.

Tess crossed her arms over her chest self consciously as Phillip stepped towards her. He trailed a hand down her arm before he roughly shoved her arms out of the way so he could grab her breast.

“I doubt any man could resist these,” he said as he pinched her nipples.

Tess knew what was coming and although the prospect disgusted her the consequences of refusing worried her more so she allowed him to shove a hand up her skirt. She dutifully spread her legs for him as his fingers creped under her panties. One thing she knew was that if Phillip decided to fuck her it would be quick, it never took him long to get off.

“You just need to whip him with your cunt,” he whispered as began kissing her neck.

“Yes you’re right, he always did like sex with me,” she agreed.

“Like father like son,” Phillip murmured as he began unbuttoning his slacks.

Tess looked away when he released his cock. He pulled her to her feet and she barely had time to slip off her panties before he had pushed her face down on the desk, pulled up her skirt and entered her.

“Uh yes, oh fuck yes.” he grunted as he thrust in and out of her.

Tess closed her eyes tightly and pretended that it was one of the hot Italian men she had enjoyed overseas instead of her father’s best friend and true to form a few minutes later Phillip came and pulled out of her.

Phillip quickly buttoned up his pants when he was finished. He wasn’t at all worried about satisfying Tess that wasn’t what it was about. He watched as she picked up her panties and slipped them back on before smoothing out her skirt.

“Don’t let me down Tess,” he told her.

“Phillip I’m not sure that Max is going to be very receptive to sex with me. He’ too wrapped up in Liz,” she told him. Tess knew that there was no way that Max was going to let her close enough to even attempt to seduce him.

Phillip scowled. “Leave her to me, she’ll be out of the picture soon enough.”

Tess shivered at the look in his eyes and for the first time since she had found out about Liz Parker Tess felt sorry for her and even a little bit scared.

“I’ll keep you updated,” she said before she quickly fled his office.

“Thank you for bringing her.” Max smiled gently at Liz.

Addison had fallen asleep on his bed ten minutes earlier and now all Max could do was just stare in amazement at the miracle he and Liz’s love had created. He couldn’t imagine how he could have walked away from her.

“You’re her father Max,” Liz replied. “She wanted to see you,” she added. She was still feeling incredibly uncomfortable around Max since their session with his psychiatrist and she wasn’t sure how she was supposed to react now.

“She’s the most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen,” Max’s awe filled voice broke her thoughts.

Liz nodded in agreement. “She certainly is.”

“How could I walk away from that Liz?” Max asked then. “How could I not see her beautiful little face every day?” he asked his voice cracking with emotion as he thought about everything he had missed, and all the memories he would never get back because they had never been made

“I wish I knew Max. Maybe it would make things easier to understand. The truth is I never really knew what happened,” she replied honestly. Liz realised that was what Max needed right now. To be told the truth.

“I’m trying to remember,” he told her, “but then sometimes I don’t want to because then I'll remember all the horrible things I did to you and I can’t pretend that I don’t understand all the hurt I see in your eyes every time I talk to you.”

Liz closed her eyes. “You did hurt me but maybe we can move past that now and try to be friends for Addison's sake. I’m hoping that you might want to be a bigger part of her life now?” Liz asked hopefully.

Max nodded eagerly, “Yes, but not just Addison’s Liz. Yours too.”

“Max...”

“One day Liz I’m going to make it up to you, somehow, someway I’m going to prove to you that I love you and that I want to be with you and Addison,” he told her.

“It's not that easy,” Liz told him doing her best to keep her voice at a whisper so that they didn’t wake up Addison. Liz didn’t want her hearing this conversation.

“Because you remember,” Max whispered.

“Yes.” Liz agreed.

A few hours later Max was sitting in his bed thinking over his conversation with Liz and remembering his afternoon with his family. He might not remember the past 2 years but he was determined to create new and better memories for all of them now. He was smiling when Isabel breezed into the room. As usual she looked perfect.

“Hi.” she greeted.

“Hi Iz,” Max smiled.

“How are you feeling?” she asked.

“Great,” he grinned. “I thought you were going to New York today?” he asked.

“I’m on my way to the airport now,” she replied. “Are you sure you’re ok with me going on this trip?” she wondered.

“Of course.” Max smiled.

The truth was he could use a break from her over protectiveness. He knew that if Isabel found out that he was being discharged the next day that there was no way she would leave for New York and that would ruin Max’s plans. He planned to be staying with Liz and Addison by this time the next night.

“You’ll only be gone a week. What can happen in that time?” he teased.

“You promise you’ll call if you need anything?” she checked.

“Promise,” he agreed.

He watched as Isabel picked up her bag then preparing to leave when he remembered his visit from Tess. “Isabel, have you spoken to Tess?” he asked.

“Yes,” she nodded. She didn’t comment on the colourful things that Tess had said about Max.

“Did you organise for her to get her stuff out of my house?” he asked hopefully.

“I went over and packed everything up this morning. It's being sent over to her father’s,” she replied.

“Thank you,” Max smiled gratefully.

“You’re welcome but Max are you sure you know what you’re doing?” she asked.

“Of course, why?”

“It's just that dad....”

“Yeah I know, he won’t be happy but that’s too bad. When you get back Isabel we need to talk about him.” he said then.

“What about?” Isabel asked.

“I think it’s time we took back our lives and I have a bit of an idea I want to run past you,” he shrugged. He didn’t want to give too much away until he knew he had her support on the matter otherwise he risked her going to his father and blowing everything before Michael could finish things off.

“Ok then,” she agreed.

She kissed his cheek then, “Take care ok?”

“I will,” he smiled.

“Isabel!” he said before she left the room. “I love you,” he told her when she had looked back at him.

Isabel was startled at first but then she broke out into a beautiful smile, one Max wasn’t sure he had seen for a very long time. “I love you too,” she told him.

Once Max was sure she was gone he picked up the phone beside him and called Liz. “Time to put plan A into action,” he grinned into the receiver.
Emz80m
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Forgive to Forget (M/L AU ADULT) Ten; Pg 17, 27/11

Post by Emz80m »

Thanks everyone!

Eleven

Liz looked uncomfortable as she entered Max’s hospital room to find him packing his bag.

“Hi.”

Max turned and smiled when he saw her in the doorway. “Hey,” he smiled back.

“So you ready?” she asked.

When Max had rung her the night before to inform her of his predicament she had been at a loss as to what to do. She knew that he couldn’t really go home by himself and she understood that he didn’t want to go to his parents place, she wouldn’t either but she wasn’t sure why he hadn’t called Michael.

“Pretty much,” he smiled. He couldn’t believe how well things had worked out. He knew Liz had been reluctant to agree to him staying with her and Addison until Isabel returned but she had agreed anyway and as far as Max was concerned that had to mean that she still had feelings for him didn’t it?

“Thanks again for this,” he said to her.

“Sure,” she smiled. “I mean it’s only till Isabel gets back so that should be fine,” she shrugged.

“Yeah,” Max frowned slightly sensing her uneasiness. For the first time he realised that maybe what he was doing wasn’t fair to Liz. He really didn’t know anything about her life now, if she had a boyfriend, or a job.

“Liz, if this is too awkward for you I could probably call Michael,” he said then. The truth was he knew his best friend would welcome him with open arms but Max also knew that Michael was very busy, not only with work but with working on Max’s personal affairs in regard to Phillip and he didn’t really want to slow that process down.

“Addison’s really excited about you coming to stay.” she told him then.

Max grinned, “Really?”

“Yeah. When I told her this morning she wanted to come with me but I thought that you might want to pick some stuff up from your place and...”

“Actually that would be good if you don’t mind,” he said.

Max was curious to see where he lived now. He hoped it was still in the same house that he had lived with Liz but he couldn’t be sure of anything anymore and that wasn’t something that he gotten around to asking anybody because it had seemed irrelevant to now.

“Do I still live at the same place?” he wondered then.

Liz frowned. “I guess so,” she nodded and then laughed uncomfortably. “To tell you the truth I don’t know,” she admitted then. “You always pick and drop Addison off,” she explained.

“Oh ok, well I guess I'll call Michael and ask.” he suggested.

A half an hour later they were pulling into Max’s driveway.

Liz felt her heart thump as she looked at the house she had once called home. It still looked exactly the same on the outside and she wondered how much it had changed since she had left.

“Do you want to come in or are you just going to wait here?” Max asked. He had gotten out of the car and was halfway to the door when he realised that Liz hadn’t followed so he made his way back to her side of the car.

“Oh sure,” she said and got out of the car with Max’s help. “You could probably use my help,” she added feeling stupid for being so caught up in her memories that she hadn’t realised that Max had gotten out of the car.

Max let them into the house and they both stepped through with trepidation. Neither knew what to expect and Max could only hope that Isabel had cleared the house of any signs of Tess.

Liz gasped as they walked into the lounge room. She felt like she had entered a dream. Everything was exactly where it was the day she had walked out. Not a thing had changed.

Max smiled. This was the house he remembered. “I remember this,” he grinned happily.

Liz looked at him and although she didn’t want to spoil his happiness she knew she needed to tell him the truth. His memory hadn’t returned.

“That’s because nothing has changed in 2 years,” she told him.

“Oh,” Max frowned. “I thought...”

“Yeah I know. I’m sorry,” she said with a comforting hand on his arm. Max looked down at the hand in wonder, it was the most contact they had since his accident and he felt his skin tingling.

“I'll just go and pack some stuff,” Max said then and headed towards the bedroom.

Liz used the time whilst Max was packing to look around the house and eventually found her way into a small bedroom. Her hand covered her moth in shock when she realised it was her daughters room and that it was the mostly beautiful room she had ever seen. The room had been done in pink and there were beautiful delicate butterflies all over the walls. There were toys neatly packed away in beautiful shelving and a gorgeous white bed with and equally gorgeous white bedspread.

Liz was still in the room when Max found her. “Hey what’s in here?” he asked.

“Wow,” he said when she realised it was his daughters room and then he grinned with pride.

“Max this is beautiful,” Liz whispered tears filling her eyes. Liz was moved beyond words that he had gone to so much trouble to make such a beautiful space for their daughter and not for the first time since his accident Liz wondered what else Max had been keeping from her. He had been good at pretending that their daughter was an inconvenience to him but Liz could clearly she the truth from the work and detail that had gone into the room. Someone had bought all the toys that sat in the room and taken the time to make sure it was a room that any little girl could love.

“Fit for a princess,” Max whispered as a memory touched the surface. “I think I remember the day she saw it for the first time,” he said then.

Liz grinned, “I bet she was over the moon.”

Her daughter never talked about the room at Daddies but Liz felt her heart ache as she wondered how her daughter ever wanted to leave to return to her small room back at the apartment. Liz knew that it didn’t matter how much time she spent in her room at the apartment that it would never be as lovely as the one there.

“Thank you,” Liz said then.

“What for?” Max asked.

“For making her part of your home. I worried that she didn’t feel at home here but I can see now that she must.”

“I hope so,” Max said. “I hope that I was at least a good father sometimes,” he whispered then.

“I think you were,” Liz said then.

Liz began to feel more anxious the closer she and Max got the small apartment she and her daughter shared on the other side of Roswell. In his seat next to her Max had shown no signs of shock or disapproval of where they were obviously heading but Liz still felt edgy and ashamed of where she lived.

“So who’s looking after Addison?” Max asked.

“She’s with Maria. She lives in the apartment down the hall and she helps me out a lot when I’m at work,” Liz explained.

“Where do you work now?” Max enquired.

Liz had given up work after they were married and he was curious as to what she was doing now and if she had returned to the same sort of work.

Liz fidgeted in her seat. “I work at the Crashdown,” she replied quietly.

Max’s brow furrowed. “Is that a restaurant?” he asked.

“Yeah well more of a cafe/diner,” she said.

“Oh,” he nodded confused. “Why didn’t you go back to admin?” he wondered. Liz had been incredibly good at it.

Liz resisted the urge to scoff. “I applied for everything but as soon as they realised who I was they wouldn’t hire me. Seems no one wanted to be on your father’s bad side.”

Max closed his eyes, “Shit. I’m sorry Liz.”

Liz shrugged. “I made my bed,” she whispered.

“How?” Max asked.

“I knew who Phillip was, the kind of person he was before I married you. I guess I just stupidly thought that when I left he would leave me alone.”

“But he didn’t?” Max asked worriedly.

“For the most part.”

“So do you like your job?” he asked then.

“It pays the bills,” She shrugged.

They pulled into the parking lot of a fairly run down building and Max’s mouth fell open in shock. Was this where his wife and daughter lived while he had a nice big house with a cleaner?

“This is it,” Liz sighed. “It's not much but...”

“Why wouldn’t you take my help?” Max asked then remembering what Michael had said about Liz refusing to take any money from him.

“Because I don’t want to owe you anything,” Liz said as she got out of the car.

“You wouldn’t,” Max argued as he followed her around the car to the boot where his things were. “It's my responsibility to look after my wife and daughter,” he argued.

“Yeah well giving me money isn’t the type of looking after I want,” Liz snapped.

“Liz...”

“Just don’t Max. This is my life ok? Our life. If you don’t like it go and stay at Michaels,” she yelled over her shoulder as she stormed towards the building leaving Max no choice but to simply follow.
Emz80m
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Forgive to Forget (M/L AU ADULT) Eleven; Pg 18, 5/12

Post by Emz80m »

Thanks for your feedback everyone:D

Liz remained tense as she unlocked the apartment and led Max inside.

Max couldn’t help but immediately look around the apartment where his wife and daughter lived.

“I'll show you around and get you settled and then I'll go and get Addison” she explained.

Max couldn’t deny that Liz had done a great job with the apartment. It was old and the walls were worn but she had still managed to make it look like a nice home for their daughter. He could tell that it was only small though.

“The bathroom and toilet are through here” she showed him and then pointed to the room across from it, “This is Addison’s room”

Max poked his head in and smiled at the sunny yellow room which was full of toys and paintings.

“It's nice” he said.

“She likes it” Liz replied knowing that it wasn’t anywhere near as nice as the room he had done for her.

She walked towards the last of three doors then and opened it, “you’ll be sleeping in here” she explained.

Max looked inside and immediately realised the room was Liz’s. There was a double bed in the middle room and a chest of draws which held beautiful photos of Addison and Liz.

Max frowned when he realised what Liz had said. “But where will you sleep?” he wondered. He knew it was too good to be true that she would be planning on staying in the room with him.

“I'll share with Addison” she shrugged.

Max knew that Addison’s room only had one small bed.

“But there isn’t room” he frowned.

“It's ok Max; I'll sleep on the couch”

“No” Max shook his head. “I'll sleep on the couch”

“No you can’t do that, you’re recovering from an accident” Liz argued.

“It's fine, I’m not coming into your home and tossing you out of your bed and onto the couch” he argued back.

“It’s honestly fine”

“No its not, so let’s compromise then” he suggested, “your bed is plenty big enough for both of us so we could just share”

Liz’s eyes widened. “No” she shook her head.

“Why?” he asked.

“Because it’s not appropriate”

“We’re married” Max grinned.

“It would confuse Addison” she replied.

“I don’t think she’d care” Max replied, “She’s too young to understand either way” he added.

At the mention of Addison Liz quickly jumped at the chance to escape from Max and their conversation.

“I should go and get her I told Maria I wouldn’t be too long”

“I'll come” Max suggested with a smile. He loved the fact that he was getting to Liz because if he was getting to her it meant that she still cared and that maybe there was a chance to make things right between them again.

“No need I’m just going down the hall. Just make yourself at home” she called over her shoulder as she rushed out the door.

Max threw his bag into the corner of Liz’s room and smiled, “I think I'll do just that” he whispered.

“Liz babe you ok?” Maria asked when Liz rushed inside her apartment and slumped against the door.

“Oh, yeah I’m fine” Liz tried to recover.

“You sure?” Maria asked.

‘Yeah just here to get Addy” she replied,

“Where’s Max?” Maria asked then.

“Back at the apartment” Liz replied and avoided her best friends eyes so that she wouldn’t see all the things that Liz didn’t want her to see. She wasn’t ready to talk to Maria about everything that Max was making her feel.

“Was she good for you?” she asked changing the subject back to Addison.

“She was an angel like usual but she’s actually asleep” Maria replied.

“Oh” Liz frowned.

“How about I drop her over when she wakes up and you can concentrate on getting Max settled and dinner” Maria suggested.

Liz bit down on her bottom lip. If Addison didn’t return home with her then she would have no buffer between her and Max and that made her uncomfortable. She hadn’t known what to say when he insisted that they could share her bed because the idea had immediately stirred something inside of her. Of course it would she told herself, you’re a women, a women who hasn’t had sex in a very long time, she reminded herself. But she knew that Max wasn’t talking about sex although she hardly doubted he would refuse her if she asked.

“What’s wrong?” Maria asked sensing her friend’s inner turmoil.

“Oh nothing” Liz tried to shrug it off.

“I told you letting him stay was a bad idea” Maria sighed.

“I know you did but I’m fine, its fine” she said firmly.

“Are you sure?” Maria asked.

“Yes and thank you”

I the end the subject of sleeping arrangements didn’t come up until later that night to Liz’s relief. Addison had been so excited when Maria had brought her home that there had been no time for further discussion. It was only now that Liz was putting her daughter to bed with Max watching from the doorway that she honestly had no idea where she was going to sleep. There wasn’t room to share Addison’s bed and Liz knew that even one night on her couch would be murder on her back and she had to work an eight hour shift the following day.

“Night sweetheart” Liz whispered and kissed Addison one final time before standing and making her way out of the room.

“You’re so good with her” Max startled her.

“Thanks” Liz smiled.

They stood awkwardly for a few seconds then before Liz finally cleared her throat. “I think I'll grab a shower the TV remote is on the coffee table if you want to watch it” she explained.

“Thanks” he smiled and watched her go. He knew his presence was getting to her. It was exactly why he had wanted to stay. He wanted to know what it felt like to be a family with her and Addison and tonight had reaffirmed that he had been right to do this. He was seeing a side to Liz and his daughter he didn’t know, with or without his memory, and it was obvious that him being around was reminding Liz of what they had together once and stirring something inside her again.

He didn’t turn the television on instead he found his way to a book shelf which was full of photo albums and found himself curious and pulled one out. What he found was better than he could ever have imagined, it was his daughters life from birth.

When Liz emerged from the shower she found him on the lounge surrounded by the albums. At first she was a little annoyed that he was going through her things but when she saw the tears in his eyes the annoyance faded and sympathy took over. Those albums were full of moments she had shared with their daughter that he had never had, whether he could remember or not, and she knew how hard it must be to see how much you had missed.

“I’ve always been a bit camera happy”

Max looked up surprised by her voice. “I’m sorry I probably should have asked” Max immediately apologised.

“It's ok I should have offered” she smiled.

Liz found herself sitting next to him then and explaining the photos and the storied behind them as Max flicked through the albums. Before either of them knew it two hours had passed and Liz was yawning.

“It's late. We should go to bed” Max said as he closed the albums and prepared to pack them back away in the book shelves where he found them.

Liz bit her lip as she contemplated what to do.

“Liz” Max called to get her attention.

‘Oh I’m sorry I just spaced out” she replied embarrassed.

“I can take the couch” he offered.

“No, it’s not very comfortable and you’re recovering” she shook her head.

“And you have to work tomorrow you need a good night’s sleep” he argued back.

Liz bit down on her lip again as she contemplated what to do. “Well how about tonight we just share and tomorrow night I'll borrow an air mattress off Alex” Liz suggested.

Max wanted to suggest that maybe all of them could move into his condo for a while but he sensed that it was too soon for Liz. Right now he was just happy that she was letting him stay and that he was going to have the chance to sleep next to her tonight.

“That sounds like a great idea” he agreed.

Liz hopped into bed on her usual side and waited while Max changed and brushed his teeth in the bathroom. She felt nervous like she was a virgin on her wedding night and she felt silly for feeling that way. When Max emerged though in only a pair of cotton pyjama pants though the butterflies started all over again. He looked as good as she remembered and she found herself staring at his defined chest and abs and remembering what it felt like to run her hands all over it.

“Liz are you ok?” Max asked as he climbed into bed next to her.

“Yeah I’m fine” she said rolling over and turning off her bedside lamp putting the room into darkness.

“Night Liz” Max whispered.

“Night Max” she whispered back.

When Liz opened her eyes the next morning her first thought was that she didn’t remember sleeping so soundly for a long time then she felt the weight over her hip and she frowned. It took her a few seconds to remember that she had shared a bed with Max the night before and it was obviously him that was weighing her down. She attempted to move but her attempts were unsuccessful because Max’s arm was holding her against his hard chest. Unable to help herself she closed her eyes and sighed in satisfaction.

Max smiled when he felt her relax again. He knew she thought he was asleep but he had been awake for the last ten minutes and had been enjoying holding her in his arms and watching her sleep. He wasn’t sure when they had drifted together in the middle of the bed or when he had taken her in his arms but he wasn’t sorry and he hoped she wasn’t.

“Morning” he finally whispered as he laid a kiss to her head. He immediately felt her stiffen against him.

“Morning, could you let me go please” she said sternly.

“Do I have to?” he asked.

“Yes” she frowned. “This was exactly why I thought it was a bad idea to share a bed” she added.

“This was exactly why it was a good idea for us to share a bed” he replied.

“Max, let me go please” she asked again.

Reluctantly Max let her go and watched as she scrambled from the bed. But despite all that he couldn’t help but smile because as far as he was concerned her actions while she was sleeping spoke louder than those when she was awake. He was positive now that Liz was still in love with him and even more determined that he wouldn’t stop until she was his again.
Emz80m
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Forgive to Forget (M/L AU ADULT) Twelve; Pg 19, 15/12

Post by Emz80m »

Sorry about the wait guys! i hope you like this new part

“Your father has someone digging into your business”

“Excuse me?” I asked me best friend because I wasn’t quite sure that I had heard him right. Why would my father be digging into my affairs?

“He obviously suspects something” Michael shrugged.

“What would he have found?” I asked concerned.

Michael grinned, “My guess is a lot of dead ends. My paperwork is water tight and I know for a fact I can trust my staff not to talk about things”

I sighed in relief. I had more important things to deal with then my father for the time being. Right now I just wanted to concentrate on getting Liz and my daughter back.

I had been staying with Liz for a week and every time we seem to get to a point where I feel like I’m taking one step forward Liz seems to put another two between us. It's frustrating and I’m not sure how much long my patience can last without me confronting her about it. I know I hurt her, from what she’s told me and I’ve heard I hurt her a lot but can’t she see that I’m trying here?

Thankfully though my father and Tess seem to be staying out of my way for the time being and I suspect that could be because they don’t know where I am. My mother has tried to call me a few times but right now I’m just ignoring her phone calls. I only take calls from my irate sister who had a few choice words for me for not telling her I was being released from hospital. She wanted to come straight home but I pleaded with her not to because I knew that Liz would kick me out quick smart if she knew I could move to Isabel’s.

“He hired someone?” I guessed.

“Yeah, did a good job to begin with but my guy isn’t stupid and picked it up pretty quickly that he was a private investigator.”

“Well what have you managed to dig up?” I asked.

Once again Michael grinned. “Confirmed everything I already suspected. If you manage to persuade Isabel to you side you’ll have the controlling stake in Evans”

“Excellent” I replied pumping my fist.

“So when does Isabel get back? You’re going to talk to her right?” Michael asked.

Max’s grinned turned almost feline that Michael for an instant was almost scared. Somehow he suspected that Phillip Evans didn’t really know what he was up against.

“What do you mean you can’t find him?” Phillip fumed over the phone at Tess.

Tess sighed on her end and glanced at her nails again. Her latest manicure was mediocre at best.

“They said he was discharged at the hospital and my key doesn’t work at the condo anymore” she replied. “But I had a good look around and he’s not staying there”

“Did you ask Isabel?” Phillip asked. He wondered why neither of his wife or daughter had bothered to inform him that his son had been let out of the hospital but he knew he get an answer from them soon enough.

“She won’t take my calls” she huffed. Tess knew that Isabel was still cranky with her for not coming home when she called about Max’s accident but she figured she would have gotten it over by now like she usually did. But instead of being an ally Isabel had seemingly turned her back on her.

“This is unacceptable” Phillip raged and slammed his fist down on the table.

Tess yawned. Phillip didn’t scare her so much when she wasn’t in front of him. “Let me know when you find him and I'll take care of my end of things” she said before promptly hanging up. She contemplated for only a second before she picked up her phone again and dialled her travel agent. Maybe it was time to simply get out of dodge.

“What do you mean?” Liz asked as she tried to ward of the tears that were threatening to fall.

“I’m sorry Liz but things are quiet and I just can’t afford to keep two senior full timers any longer and its last in first out policy here” she explained. Angus hated to be saying the words to the dear girl in front of her but times were tough and combined with all the time Liz had had off lately she knew she couldn’t hold off any longer. It was even worse because Angus knew that Liz had a little girl that she took care of all on her own.

“Can’t you just cut my hours instead or something?” Liz asked.

“I’m so sorry Liz. If anything changes I'll call you straight away, I can put you on the call in list if you like?” she offered.

Please don’t cry she pleaded silently as she watched the young women.

“Ok, thanks” Liz whispered.

Once she was in her car Liz let the tears fall. She couldn’t believe that she had lost her job, and it wasn’t even a good job, it was a job waiting tables that she could do with her eyes closed and she hated everything minute of it but it paid the rent and put food on their table. She had no idea what she was going to do now.

She tried to pull herself together before she entered the apartment. She knew that Max would be there and she didn’t want him to see her upset. The truth was Liz didn’t want him to know she had been let go but she figured with him staying with them that it was unavoidable.

As soon as she entered the apartment though Max knew something was wrong. He and Addison had been reading a book together and after she kissed her mother hello he suggested she go to her room and draw them a picture.

“Are you alright?” he asked making his way towards her.

Liz slowly shook her head.

“What happened?” he asked tilting her face up so she was looking at him.

“I lost my job” she whispered and let the tears fall that she had promised herself she would hide from him.

“What happened?” he frowned.

“Things are slow and they can’t afford to have two seniors any more” she answered him.

Before she could stop it Max had taken her into his arms and she fell into it and sobbed. “What am I going to do Max? I need that job”

Max knew it would be easy to promise her everything would be alright and that he would take care of her but he also knew he had promised that once before and let her down. Max knew that those words were not what Liz needed nor wanted.

“It's going to be ok” he said, “I'll help you find something else”

“Jobs don’t just grown on trees and I’m not going back to work for Evans” she replied. “I need that job Max to pay the rent, for food”

“I know” he nodded.

“If you’ll let me I’d like to pull my weight for the time I’ve been here, pay my share of the rent, food” he said.

“No” Liz shook her head, she didn’t want his money.

“It seems fair to me” he told her, “and you should stop being so stubborn and let me pay child support, you’re entitled to it and what’s more I want to pay for Addison’s well being” he added.

Liz bit her lip, “maybe I'll consider that but I'll put it into a college fund for her” she added as an afterthought.

“I already have a college fund for Addison” Max pointed out.

“Max...”

“No” Max put his hand up. “It's about time that we talked about this instead of you avoiding me on every issue all the time” he told her almost angry.

“I don’t think...”

“It has to stop. I know I fucked up, I fucked up more that I could ever imagine fucking up but I want to change things and I can’t if you won’t see past the past and see that I’m trying to make things better for all of us then I’m never going to be able to...”

“You can’t just click your fingers and erase the past” Liz snarled at him. “I remember Max, I remember being abandoned by you, I remember feeling that I meant nothing and that you didn’t want me or our daughter” she cried.

“You know that’s not true” he argued, “you’ve seen that it can’t be, there is no way a man who didn’t love and want his daughter would create what I did for her if I didn’t want her”

His words stopped Liz, “I think there was a reason behind why I did what I did” he said gently. It doesn’t excuse my actions or make them better but maybe it might make more sense to both of us.

“What do you mean?” Liz asked

“Michael and I have been talking and it seems I was doing some pretty unusual things to put myself in a better position against my father before my accident. I don’t know anything for sure Liz but I can’t shake the feeling that maybe what I did, I did to protect you and Addison from my father”

Liz’s eyes widened.

Max sighed, he had no idea if it was true but it was out there now.

“Your father hated me” she whispered.

”I know”

Liz studied him for a moment and contemplated her options. She could listen to him and maybe, just maybe she would find some closure on everything between them or she couldn’t continue to ignore him and allow there to be strain on their relationship which she worried would hurt her daughter one day.

“Tell me everything” Liz whispered.
Emz80m
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Forgive to Forget (M/L AU ADULT) Thirteen; Pg 21, 2/1/09

Post by Emz80m »

Hi everyone, thank you for your feedback and once again sorry for the wait. My beta is on holidays so advance apologies for any editing problems.

Liz watched him and Addison with an uneasy feeling in her stomach. It had been there for the past two weeks and she couldn’t shake it. It was the feeling that she was being sucked in again but unlike the first time it wasn’t a pleasurable feeling, this time it frightened the shit out of her.

She forced her eyes away from him and over to the BBQ where her best friend and Michael were arguing. It still puzzled her how her dramatic, highly strung best friend and Max’s laid back, stonewalled best friend had ended up dating but here they were, smiling and fighting over Michael grilling technique. Liz had been shocked when Maria had told her that she and Michael had been on a few dates two weeks ago, Liz was unbelievably happy for her and at the same time slightly envious too. It was hard watching your friend’s lives move on in happier directions when your own was at a complete stand still.

Since Liz and Max had their talk two weeks ago Liz had felt even more confused that she had been before.

It appeared that Max had been working hard for years to try and rid Phillip Evans from their lives. He had somehow managed to set things up so Addison was financially secure for the rest of her life and nothing Phillip or any of the other Evans did could change that. Liz had been overwhelmed at Max’s generosity and the lengths he had gone to for their daughter and her future but she had also been very sad. She was sad that he hadn’t felt he could come to her about it and she was even sadder that all of Max’s work could have been for nothing if Addison hadn’t been part of his life in the future.

Liz was also angry with Max.

“Mummy come in the pool with us!” Addison called out.

Liz looked over at her daughter and smiled. She was playing in the pool with Max and now they were both grinning at her from the side.

“Yeah come on Liz, the waters beautiful” Max grinned.

They had come over to Michaels for a BBQ and a swim. Addison loved to swim.

“Maybe later” Liz replied.

“Come on Mummy, please!” Addison pleaded.

“Yeah come on Liz, please!” Max mimicked.

Liz rolled her eyes. “Ok, Ok” she smiled.

Max’s eyes were locked on her as she removed the sun dress she wore to reveal the simple red bikini underneath.

His mouth watered as his eyes roamed all her beautiful curves that he still remembered so well. He wished that his hands could still caress them.

Liz could feel his eyes on her and it surprised her by how good it made her feel. He was still attracted to her as much as she was attracted to her and she couldn’t deny that it made her happy.

She pulled her hair back before turning to her family in the pool. “Ready not here I come” she called out before leaping into the pool and doing a cannon ball splashing both father and daughter and making them laugh.

“They look happy don’t they” Maria commented as she watched the family in the pool together.

Michael looked at them and smiled and nodded. “They deserve it”

“Do you think they’re going to get back together?” Maria wandered. She wasn’t sure how she felt about that. She had never seen Liz as hurt as she had been when her marriage to Max had ended two year ago. Maria wasn’t so sure that Max could be trusted with her best friend and god daughter’s heart.

“I’m not sure, I hope so because it’s obvious they’re in love with each other and that they belong together” Michael told her.

“Hmm” Maria replied.

Michael looked at her then, “you don’t think that Liz should take him back?” he guessed.

Maria sighed, “I don’t know Michael, and you know him a lot better than I do. I just don’t know how she can trust him again”

“There was a lot going on that you don’t know about” Michael pointed out.

“Like what?” Maria asked curiously.

“I can’t really discuss it with you because I’m not allowed and honestly even if I weren’t its Max’s business and it’s up to Liz if she wants to share it with you” he told her hoping she would understand. If they were going to have a relationship Maria had to realise that sometimes he wouldn’t be able to tell her about things because of his job.

“I guess you’re right, and anyway at the end of the day it’s their decision”

Michael nodded thoughtfully as he stared at Max and Liz who were playing piggy in the middle with Addison in the pool. Maria was right, they seemed so happy. Michael looked at Maria then and wondered if maybe they could have something like that together one day.

“Isabel, it’s your father. Please ring me, it’s important”

Isabel sighed as she listed to the voicemail. She had been dodging calls from her parents and Tess for the past three weeks. She was supposed to have gone home to Roswell weeks ago but instead she had decided to stay longer on her business trip. Max didn’t need her; it was obvious that she didn’t have any real friends anymore.

Picking up the phone she dialled her parent’s house and was relieved when it was her mother that answered the phone.

“Hi mum”

“Isabel, hello” she replied.

“How are you?” she asked.

“I’m good dear, you?” she asked.

“I’m ok, I’m still in New York” she added.

“That’s good dear, how’s your brother?” she asked then.

“You haven’t spoken to him?” Isabel asked surprised.

“He hasn’t been answering my calls” she replied and if Isabel wasn’t mistaken she thought her mother sounded almost sad.

“Oh’ Isabel frowned, “well he’s doing well, almost fully recovered”

“Does he have his memory back?” she asked.

“No”

“Your father is very angry” Dianne informed Isabel then, “with both you and Max for not contacting us”

“I have nothing to do with Max no getting in contact with you” Isabel told her defensively, “and I’ve just been busy with work I honestly didn’t think dad would really care” she added.

“I don’t want to argue with you” she said tiredly.

“Tell Dad I returned his call, I'll be home in a couple of days”

“Ok dear, take care”

“You too” Isabel replied before hanging up.

She shook her head she threw the phone onto the bed and wondered for not the first time in many years what had happened to the mother she used to love so much.

“So I’ve been thinking” Max began as he and Liz drove from Michaels back to Liz’s apartment.

“About what?” Liz asked cautiously.

“About your situation, our situation” he replied.

“Ok...” Liz asked confused.

“Well I was thinking that since you’ve lost your job and you can’t really afford to pay the rent at the moment, and that I could still use help recovering that maybe you and Addison should move in with me for a while”

Liz gulped, “to the condo?” she asked.

“Yeah” Max nodded watching the way she reacted to the idea.

“It makes sense Liz. I own the condo and it’s just sitting there. You wouldn’t have to worry about making the rent and instead you could focus on just finding a job you like rather than taking the first thing you find just so you can make the bills” he continued when he saw that Liz was about to argue with him.

“Do you really think that’s a good idea, it might give Addison the wrong idea” Liz asked.

“No more than the situation now. She’s 2 Liz, I don’t think we need to over think it from that angle” he replied.

“I guess” Liz agreed. “Look I don’t know at the moment can I just think about it?” she asked.

“Of course” he agreed and smiled
Emz80m
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Forgive to Forget (M/L AU ADULT) Fifteen; Pg 4, 26/1/09

Post by Emz80m »

Song: I’m not ready to make nice – Dixie Chicks

Forgive, sounds good.
Forget, I'm not sure I could.
They say time heals everything,
But I'm still waiting

I'm through, with doubt,
There's nothing left for me to figure out,
I've paid a price, and i'll keep paying

I'm not ready to make nice,
I'm not ready to back down,
I'm still mad as hell
And I don't have time
To go round and round and round
It's too late to make it right
I probably wouldn't if I could
Cause I'm mad as hell
Can't bring myself to do what it is
You think I should

Liz looked around the house that she used to call home and sighed.

“You can change anything you like” Max’s voice said from behind her and Liz closed her eyes.

“If we move in, and I do mean if, it will only be temporary” she replied not turning around.

Max frowned, “why?” he asked simply.

This time Liz did turn around, “are you serious?” she asked him.

“Yeah, I mean we are still married and I know that we have a lot of things to work through but I want to. I love you Liz and I want you to be my wife”

Liz’s eyes narrowed. “You think it’s easy don’t you? You just think you can apologise and that I should just get over it and move back in and pick up where we left off don’t you?” she asked angrily.

She knew that Max meant well offering her and Addison to move in with him. It made sense considering she had no job and no means to pay her rent or utilities but it upset and angered her that he seemed to think that everything should be so easy, that moving back in should be easy simply because they still had a certificate that said they were married.

“No I don't," Max replied. “But I’m willing to try anything, including counselling, I just want to know if you’re open to fixing things”

Liz’s anger dimmed at his words and she turned away. Max’s was asking her a very good question. It wasn’t a hard question like when he asked her was she still in love with him, it was rather easy. Was she willing to work on their problems in the hope of putting them behind them and getting back together?

“I don’t know” she said out loud.

Max’s heart clenched and he nodded his head even though Liz couldn’t see him. “I can understand that” he nodded.

“You can have the master suite I'll stay in the guest room” he offered.

“NO!” Liz was quick to refuse. “I mean no thank you; I’d prefer to just have the guest room”

The last thing she wanted was to sleep in a room, in a bed that he had shared with Tess, a subject that they had yet to talk about.

“Ok” Max nodded and quietly left Liz. One thing he knew was that pushing Liz got you nowhere.

Isabel was curious and concerned as she walked into Michael Guerin’s office. In all the years she had known him she had never been there but her brother had asked her to come and so here she was.

“Ms Evans” the receptionist smiled in expectance when she walked through the glass doors. “Mr Guerin and Mr Evans are waiting inside please go straight in”

“Thank you” Isabel nodded.

Michael and Max were talking quietly as they looked over some documents when Isabel entered the room. She tossed her purse down onto the nearest seat and cleared her throat to gain their attention.

“What’s this all about?” she asked.

“Hi Iz,” Max smiled.

“Isabel” Michael greeted.

Isabel rolled her eyes at the two of them. “Yes hello to the both of you too, now tell me what’s so important that we had to meet here?” she asked.

Usually she conducted business over lunch or at the very least a coffee.

“Sit down Iz” Max suggested, “We’ve got a lot to tell you”

“You’re starting to scare me” she told them.

“I’m sorry I don’t mean to, I just really needed to talk to you about all of this” Max said gesturing to the paperwork covering Michael’s desk.

“What is all of this?” she asked.

“A way to take down Dad” Max said bluntly.

Isabel sat stunned.

“What do you mean?” she asked after a minute of silence.

With a sign Max began to tell Isabel everything.

“I don’t know everything because of my memory so Michael and I are doing our best to piece together everything based on what I told him and what we’re finding” he began.

“Which is?”

“It all starts with Liz and Addison”

Isabel sighed, “I should have known” she grumbled. Everything in their lives seemed to go to shit when Max married Elizabeth Parker without his family knowing or their approval.

Max ignored her comment. “I think the reason I let Liz leave was because of Dad. I told Dad that Liz and I were getting divorced and I must have used that to negotiate Dad giving Addison her rightful share as an Evans heir to the company”

Isabel looked surprised. “Does that mean Liz and Addison have a 10% share in the company?”

“No, I never handed it over to Liz, she knows nothing about it. The shares were put in Addison’s name by dad but I have control”

“But Liz can fight for control of it?” Isabel asked worried.

“She could but what good would that do her, she wouldn’t have any control or say in anything” Max shrugged.

“Ok, so what then?” she asked.

“I also somehow convinced Dad to give me a million dollars which Michael and I think was to supposedly pay Liz out so that she wouldn’t go after my share in the company”

“So other than ripping Dad off and laughing in his face about it how is this supposed to help you take him down?” Isabel asked sarcastically.

“I used the million dollars to buy more shares Isabel, but I put them in Addison’s name so Dad wouldn’t realise”

Isabel frowned. “I don’t understand where this is all going Max?”

“I have 30% control of Evans Enterprise, Isabel. Dad only has 20 and mum 10, with your 10% control delegated to me I could take control of Evans Enterprise from Dad, we could take control” he revealed.

For the second time that day Isabel sat stunned. “What would that mean?”

“The board has 10 members or 10 votes representing every 10 percent of the company owned. Dad pretty much has the deciding vote because before he handed over Addison her 10% he had 4 votes, 5 since he used to use yours. He had the majority vote Isabel which basically meant that he did what he wanted because no one could stop him, now you and I could. We could go to the bored and demand his removal as CEO and we can take over. Without the company his threats are useless, we’d be in control for the first time in our lives” he told her excitedly.

Isabel remained silent for a while before standing up and grabbing her purse.

“Isabel?” Max asked worried at her reaction. Would she run back and tell their father, would she side with him instead?

“I need some time to think about this” she replied.

“Isabel you can’t tell anyone” Michael spoke up, “if you do then we’re dead in the water...”

“I won’t but that doesn’t mean I’m willing to go ahead with your plan either, I just need some time to think about it ok”

“Ok” Max agreed.

Once she was gone Michael sunk back in his share, “Things don’t look good” he commented.

Max sighed, “I know but we just have to have faith that my father will put the final nail in his coffin, one wrong move with Isabel and she’ll be the one to tell him he’s fired herself”
Emz80m
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Forgive to Forget (M/L AU ADULT) Fifteen; Pg 4, 26/1/09

Post by Emz80m »

Sorry for the delay everyone

Liz had to admit that it was nice waking up to the sounds of her daughters happy cries for her father. It was nice to wake up to Max making them breakfast and eating it together. But Liz was also a realist and she knew that nothing good ever lasted for long.

"I have to go back to work"

Max's words surprised her and scared her. She gulped, "I'm not surprised, you've been off for quite a few weeks."

In the back of her mind Liz couldn’t shake the feeling that if Max went back to work everything would return to the way it was two years before when he spent every waking hour at work, too busy to even spend time with their daughter. She tried to shake the feeling though and remind herself that Max might have had his reasons for that.

"I've been doing a lot of reading of a night to keep on top of things but I think it’s time, now is the time to make my presence known if I want to gain the boards trust" he explained.

He had already told Liz about his plans for taking over his father’s company but Liz was still worried. She knew what Phillip Evans was like when he was angry and she was worried that the backlash would hurt her daughter in the long run.

"Have you heard from Isabel?" she asked

"Yes" Max nodded. "She isn't saying much but she called so that’s something at least"

"Daddy can we go swimming today?" Addison's small voice popped up and asked.

Max grinned, "of course we can" he told her. Ever since the day at Michael's house Addison had loved swimming in the pool with her father. Luckily for them Michael had no problem with them coming over for a swim.

Max waited until Addison left the table before turning and voicing his thoughts to Liz. It had been on his mind since the day Liz had agreed to move in. He had seen the way she had reacted to the idea of sleeping in the master suite and he wasn’t stupid, he knew it was because of Tess and he couldn't blame her. He didn't even want to be somewhere Tess had been so he couldn't blame Liz if she didn't want to.

"What would you think about me selling this place any buying something else, possibly with a pool?" he asked. “I think that Addison would really love a pool, look at how much fun she has at Michaels”

Liz's hand froze mid bite and she raised her eyes to look at Max. "Sell?"

"Yeah" he smiled.

"I guess that's your decision" she replied before dropping her eyes to her food again.
Max sighed in frustration. Every step forward caused two steps back and he was getting very tired of it very quickly. Didn't she understand that he was trying to make them a family again?

"No its not" he replied tightly. "You and Addison are my family so every decision should be what's best for us"

"We discussed this though Max and Addison ad I staying with you is only temporary remember?"

"Bullshit" Max snapped.

Liz's eyes widened in shock. It was very rare for Max to lose his temper over anything and it reminded her that the man sitting across from her with no memory of the last two years wasn’t really the same guy she remembered either.

"You and Addison aren't going anywhere" he told her. "We're a family and I don't care what it takes but it’s going to stay that way"

For a second Liz was almost angry at his words. She hated that he assumed that she was just going to do what he said but then the other side of her was completely flustered by the love and lust she heard in his statement. Deep down Liz knew she wanted him to fight for her and although it might have been two years late she thought for the first time that maybe it wasn't too late.

"Max…" she began but stopped suddenly when she saw the look on his face.

Max clutched his head to try to work through the sharp pain in his head that had come on so suddenly. He knew he should have gotten angry and upset with Liz but he couldn't help it. Every other tactic wasn't working for him so this was his last option.

"Max are you ok?" Liz asked but her voice sounded far off to Max.

Flash

"I'm leaving Max" she told him as she stood in front of him with tears in her eyes. "I'm taking our daughter and I'm leaving this time"

"You’re not going anywhere" he replied tiredly. He didn't believe for a second that she would go anywhere because she loved him to much didn't she?

"Yes we are. I've already packed all of Addison's tings and my clothes. I don't want anything else" she told him.

Fear crept up his spine but he did his best to not show her. This was for the best wasn't it, she would leave for a short time and he would be able to make things better and then they could be happy again like they used to be?

"Liz...”

"You already left us a long time ago Max, you can reach me on my cell if you need something" she told him.

He watched as she paused as though she was waiting and hoping for him to stop her but he couldn't. It was safer for her to go but oh god it hurt to see her face, to hear her sadness. He just hoped that he could get rid of his father from his life before he lost his wife and daughter for good.

He waited until she carried Addison out the door before he fell to the floor in a crumpled mess.

"I didn't want you to leave" he whispered.

"What?" Liz asked not sure she had heard him. She was out of her seat standing next to him now with concern written all over her face. Liz was scared that he was sick or that something was wrong with his head.

"I didn't want you to leave, I was a mess for weeks but I thought it was best for you guys to be away from my father" he explained.

"What...how?" she asked in total confusion.

"I'm so sorry baby" he cried reaching and clutching for her.

For the first time since his accident she believed him. She knew all the other times he had said he was sorry that he had meant it but she also realised that he didn't know what he was sorry for, this time though she could see that something was different.

"I remember the day you left, the look on your face. I will remember that now as long as I live and I'll spend every one of those days trying to make it up to you" he sobbed. "I didn't want you to leave"

"You remember?" she asked surprised.

"Just now" nodded.

Liz held him to her like she would sometimes hold Addison and cooed to him.

"It's alright," she promised him. "Its alright" and as she looked down at her husband in her arms she started feeling like what she was saying was true, and that maybe things would be alright for the first time in a long time.
Emz80m
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Forgive to Forget (M/L AU ADULT) Sixteen; Pg 4, 24/2/09

Post by Emz80m »

Sorry it took so long!

Liz is surprised when she hears the doorbell of Max’s condo ring the next day.

She peers through the peep hole and her surprise grows when she see’s who it is on the other side. Liz takes a deep breath before opening it and coming face to face with Max’s sister.

“Hi Liz,” Isabel greets apprehensively.

“Hi Isabel, Liz replies. “Max is at work,” she blurts out quickly hoping that the uncomfortableness will end sooner rather than later.

Isabel smiles slightly understanding what Liz is trying to do. “Yeah I know. I was actually hoping I could talk to you. Can I come in?” she asks.

Liz’s surprise registers on her face but she moves aside so that Isabel can walk in past her.

Isabel looks around her brother’s place and notices that nothing much has changed since she was there last to pack up Tess’s things. This surprises her because she thought that Liz and Addison were once again living there.

“Addison is having a nap,” Liz explains.

“That’s a shame, I would have liked to have seen her, she’s getting so big.” Isabel replies surprising Liz further.

“I know that probably surprises you.” Isabel says.

Liz hesitates before replying with brutal honestly, “Yes, you’re right it does. Your family has showed no interest in Addison since the day she was born.”

“I know, that’s one of the reasons why I’m here, what I wanted to talk to you about.”

“Ok?” Liz frowns.

“The way my family - the way I - treated you Liz was wrong and I want to sincerely apologise to you.”

Liz’s mouth falls open in shock.

“I was so selfish and I let my father’s opinions and the fact that Tess was my best friend cloud my judgement. I was horrible to you the entire time you were married to Max and that wasn’t fair to you and it especially hasn’t been fair to Addison. Now I have this beautiful niece who I don’t know, and I so desperately want to change that. So I was hoping that you might consider giving me a chance to make up for everything?”

“Isabel...” Liz whispers speechless.

“I know words aren’t going to just make up for it. If I was you it would take a lot more than that but if you give me the chance I will do everything I can to show you that I’m a better person than I’ve been.”

Liz thought about Isabel’s words for a while and thought about what she wanted to say before she began to speak. She knew that it had taken a lot for Isabel to come and speak to her. Liz knew from Max that Isabel wasn’t the bitch that she had always portrayed herself to Liz. Liz had seen glimpses of the twin sister Max loved so much during his time in the hospital and for the first time she was seeing it first hand, towards her and her daughter too and it warmed her heart.

Of course not everything could be forgiven and forgotten but the gesture was almost bringing tears to Liz’s eyes and she knew that there was no way she could turn Isabel away. Not just for her but especially for her daughter’s sake. The one thing Liz had always wanted for Addison was to get to know her family and now the chance just might be arising and she couldn’t get in the way of it no matter how apprehensive she might be feeling.

Liz had to worry about Isabel’s intentions however good they might be because it was her daughter who could be hurt if they weren’t pure. So Liz promised herself that she would do her best to give Isabel a fair chance but at the same time do her best to guard her daughter.

“Thank you for apologising,” she started. “It means a lot.”

“You deserved it a long time ago,” Isabel told her.

“I don’t have any family Isabel so you’re the only real Aunty that Addison has and I would really like for her to have the chance to get to know you.” she told her.

Tears sprang to Isabel’s eyes and before Liz could react the blonde was out of her seat and hugging Liz. “Thank you,” she whispered. “You have no idea what this means to me.”

“Hopefully as much as it means to Addison,” Liz replied.

“You should know Liz that Max has inspired me,” Isabel explained returning to her seat.

“Sorry?” Liz asked confused.

“I know he doesn’t remember but regardless Max is being this better person that he was for so long. He’s trying to change his life, to take control of it and I know that’s because of you and Addison. You two were always the most important things in his life. I resented that at first because I thought you were getting in the way of our family. Max married you instead of doing what my father wanted but I understand now. Max loves you and love is worth everything.

“I want to be a better person, to have the chance to meet someone who truly loves me for me, not someone my father deems suitable for a business arrangement.”

“You’re right Isabel, love is worth everything,” Liz replied.

“You still love him don’t you?” Isabel asked and Liz could see the hope in her eyes.

“Yes.” Liz replied, “Sometimes I don’t want to, I don’t trust him but God help me I could never stop loving him.” she cried.

Isabel smiled, “That’s worth fighting for Liz. Don’t let people like my father and Tess Harding win; show them that love in stronger than that.”

Liz thought for a moment before nodding with a smile.

Isabel stood regretfully then. “I’m sorry to run but I have to go. I need to see Max and tell him that whatever he needs me to do to bring down our father I’m in.”

“Really?” Liz asked.

“Yes, it’s the right thing to do for everyone,” she told her.

“I hope so.” Liz nodded still worried about what Phillip Evans would do when everything was said and done.

“Could I come back later and see Addison?” Isabel asked hopefully.

“Of course.” Liz agreed.

This time when Isabel hugged her Liz wasn’t so surprised and actually managed to return the gesture.

“Thank you Liz. I see why Max loves you so much.”

It wasn’t until the door was shut that Liz let herself breathe again properly. Just when she thought she had the world figured out something else happened to completely throw her off ground.

An idea came to mind then and at first she went to shrug it off and then she had second thoughts thinking that maybe Isabel was right and it was time to change her life.

“You sure you want to do this?” Maria asks as she helps Liz prepare her surprise dinner for Max.

“Yes, no.” Liz replies and then laughs. “Yes I think I am.”

Maria remains quiet and Liz looks over at her. “You don't approve do you?” she asks.

Maria sighs, “It’s not that, I guess I’m just worried about you that’s all.”

“I’m a big girl Maria and I think Max has change. No, I know he’s changed.”

“For now but what about if he gets his memory back? Do you really think that you and Addison could handle him deserting you again?”

“He’d never desert Addison,” Liz said confidently. She knew without a doubt how much Max loved their daughter and now had no doubts that he had been trying to protect her from his world and his father.

“You seem so sure about that, how?” Maria asked.

“You’ve seen her room here Maria, he did that. And she’s so happy when she’s with him. A little girl whose father doesn’t care about her wouldn’t be like that, she wouldn’t have a room like that. He dotes on her.”

“If this is what you want Liz then you know I'll support you 100 percent.” Maria told her.

“It's what I want. I have thought about this over and over again until I thought my head was going to explode and it always comes back to one thing. I love him Maria. I tried hard not to but I do and I don’t think I can be happy without him in my life so if I don’t give this a chance I know that one day I’m going to regret it.”

“Then let’s get this fantastic meal cooked so you can woo your man,” Maria grinned.

“Thank you.”

“No problem chica, but honestly I don’t think you need to do much wooing. He looked pretty eager last time I saw the two of you,” she laughed.

“Shut up,” Liz replied throwing a tea towel at her friend.
Emz80m
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Forgive to Forget (M/L AU ADULT) Eighteen; Pg 9, 18/4/09

Post by Emz80m »

So sorry guys, totally forgot that i hadn't updated this part on this site. Hope you enjoy it and hopefully there should be a new part again very soon :D

Max frowned when he entered the house to find it quiet and mostly dark.

“Liz, Addison I’m home,” he called out as he placed his briefcase down on the ground. But when no one answered he started to get worried. His first thought was that Liz had taken Addison and left while he had been at work and he immediately rushed to his bedroom to see if Liz’s things were still there.

When he entered though he immediately heard the shower running in the joining ensuite and sagged onto the bed in relief. He wondered if he would ever feel secure in knowing that Liz and Addison were going to be there when he got home from work. He knew he didn’t deserve it but he didn’t know how much longer he could take playing the guessing game about whether Liz was going to stay or go.

Inside the shower Liz was taking her time. Maria had taken Addison for the night and Max said he would be home till after 6 so she figured she had plenty of time to shave her legs and underarms.

When she was finished she dried off with a towel and then walked into her bedroom to put on the outfit she had spent hours with Maria selecting earlier in the day. But when she entered the room she got the surprise of her life to find Max lying on the middle of her bed.

Max was unaware of the shower turning off and Liz entering the room until she yelped. So deep in thought he found himself jump at the sound and was soon face to face with a very naked Liz.

“Max what are you doing here?” Liz asked.

“I came home and the house was quiet so I came looking for you...” he explained lamely.

His eyes began to travel down Liz’s body then as he followed the drip of water. His roaming eyes were the first reminder to Liz that she was completely naked and she immediately began looking around for something to cover up with.

“Don’t.” Max whispered taking a step forward.

“Max,” Liz whispered.

“It's been so long since I’ve seen you,” he added reaching out a hand and trailing it gently down her arm.

“I should put something on... I made dinner.” Liz told him.

“Where’s Addison?” Max asked removing his eyes form her body to her face for the first time since realising she was naked.

“With Maria for the night,” Liz explained.

All of a sudden all Max’s senses were heightened. They were alone and his wife was standing in front of him naked.

“I need to touch you Liz,” he told her taking another step forward.

His hands were on her before she could object. Gripping her to his body as his mouth sought hers out.

“This is not what I had planned,” Liz mumbled between kisses.

“You had something planned?” Max asked.

“I cooked you dinner,” she told him.

“We could stop,” he offered but hoped she would tell him no.

Liz didn’t want him to take his hands away no matter how much her head was telling her it was smart thing to do. She wasn’t sure she was ready for this emotionally but her body was certainly telling her she was ready physically. It had been such a long time since someone had touched her like this.

“No don’t stop,” she cried as his hands finally cupped her aching breasts.

“God Liz you’re the most beautiful women I’ve ever seen,” he declared and Liz knew that he meant it. She could hear it in his voice and feel it in the way he was touching her like she was the most previous thing in the world to him.

He toyed with her nipples until they were hard peaks before leaning down and lapping them with his tongue.

“Max!” Liz cried out as his mouth enclosed around her.

Max lifted her off her feet and placed her gently on the bed but Liz wasted no time reaching up and helping Max shed his black suit until he was only wearing his boxes.

“I’ve missed you so much,” he whispered as his hands returned to her body.

Liz’s hands weren’t idle either as she roamed Max’s bare skin trying to reacquaint herself with every part of his body.

“I’ve missed you too.” she replied.

“Tell me you want this as much as I do?” Max whispered as he pumped a finger in and out of her.

“I do,”

“Tell me you love me?” he pleaded.

“I love you Max, I love you so much,” she cried.

“I love you too Liz. Only you,” he promised her.

He slipped inside of her then and thrust in and out of her slowly building them both over and over again until their orgasms ripped right through them and when both of them were spent they collapsed entangled together on the bed.

There was silence in the dark room for a long time. Both Liz and Max were spent from the physical and emotional exhaustion but eventually Max had to ask. He needed to know what it meant. He knew that Liz wasn’t the sort of women who just gave herself for a good time.

“What does this mean?” he asked into the darkness. He had her hand in his and he was playing with her ring finger which was still bare. He knew that she still had her engagement and wedding rings though and he hoped that soon she would put them back on where they belonged.

“I’m not sure,” she whispered. “I had tonight all planned out and then you just blew me away,” she added with a laugh.

“What did you have planned?” he asked.

“Dinner and talking,” she admitted.

“We could do that now?” Max suggested.

“Are you hungry?” Liz asked

“Yes and I figure we’re going to need our strength for round 2 very soon,” he added.

In the dark despite what they had just done together Liz blushed. It had always been like this with Max. Intense. And when things were good she had loved it and hoped it would always be this way.

“Hopefully it’s still editable,” Liz commented as she found Max’s shirt and put it on.

Max pulled up his boxers and followed her into the kitchen but stopped short when he saw all the trouble she had gone to with the dining room table. It was set for two with all their best silverware and dinnerware. Presents from their wedding he remembered happily. He had been devastated when Liz had left it all behind like it didn’t matter.

“Wow,” he said.

Liz looked at him and to the table and shrugged.

“I wish I could say I was sorry I ruined your plans but even after seeing this I can’t be,” he told her honestly and moved to stand behind her, wrapping his arms around her waist as Liz stood at the stove warming their food.

Liz leaned back into his chest. “I’m not either,” she told him and brought a bright smile to his face.

Ten minutes later they were sitting at the beautiful dining table eating the roast dinner that Liz had cooked.

“This is fantastic,” Max grinned. It had been a long time since he had enjoyed a nice home cooked meal like the one in front of him.

“I know it’s your favourite,” she told him.

“You remembered that?” Max asked happily.

“I remember everything Max,” Liz told him.

“It's just nice to know that you remember some of the good things about our relationship and not just all the bad things,” he shrugged.

“I do Max, which is why it was so hard to let go of our marriage when I left you. The truth is I don’t think I ever really let you go. I certainly didn’t move on with my life. I just did my best to make a home for Addison.”

Max nodded in understanding. If he was in Liz’s situation he would have done the same thing he realised now.

“I haven’t wanted to trust you again, to open my heart and hope that maybe we can have back what we once had,” she admitted, “but you’re the love of my life Max, there is never going to be another you and if there is a chance that we can be happy together then I want to take that chance.”

Max was trembling in his seat unable to believe what he was hearting. It was what he had hoped for months but never believed he would hear.

He was out of his seat in an instant and hauling Liz into his arms.

“Does that mean you’re going to give me another chance?” he asked.

“Yes,” she nodded and grinned when he twirled her around the room.

“I love you so much Liz and I promise I’m going to spend the rest of my life making you happy,” he declared.

“I know you’ll try to...” she smiled.

“Liz...”

“No please let me finish.” she requested.

“Max there is no sure thing in life any more. At the end of the day we might try at this again and fail but I need you to promise me that no matter what you’ll always be there for Addy! That you’ll always put her first in your life no matter what, Max, because I don’t think I can’t be held responsible for what I'll do to you if you hurt my baby girl again Max Evans.”

“Always Liz, I promise that she will always be number 1 until the day I die,” he swore.

Liz kissed him soundly. “I love you,” she whispered.

“Thank you,” he said. “Thank you for letting us be a family again.”

“It's what I’ve always wanted Max.”

“Let's go bring our baby girl home,” Max suggested then.

Liz however had other ideas and pulled back and looked at him seductively, “I thought I heard something about round 2 earlier?” she asked.

“Really Mrs Evans?” Max teased.

“I’m sure Addy is having a fantastic time with Maria and we’d only be ruining it by showing up.”

“Yes you’re probably right,” Max agreed with a grin.

“We’ll get her first thing in the morning Max but right now I think you should take me back to bed.”

Max didn’t need any further invitation and wasted no time sweeping Liz back up into his arms and carrying her back to bed for a night that would be full of passion, love, but most importantly healing.
Last edited by Emz80m on Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
Emz80m
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Forgive to Forget (M/L AU ADULT) Eighteen; Pg 9, 18/4/09

Post by Emz80m »

“Where we goin Daddy?” Addison asks from the backseat of Max’s car.

Max looks at her in the rear-view mirror and smiles, “It's a surprise,” he tells her.

“I like surprises,” she grins.

“I know you do. So do I,” he nods.

“I don’t though,” Liz pouts from the passenger seat.

Max squeezes her hand which is resting on his thigh and grins. “I know but hopefully it will be worth it,” he tells her.

Ten minutes later they pull up out the front of a beautiful two story house with a for sale sign out the front.

There is a big double garage with a basketball ring and beautiful gardens and Liz can’t take her eyes off it as she gets out of the car. She stands and stares as Max helps Addison out of her car seat and joins Liz on the footpath out the front.

“Why are we here?” she asks but the sign out the front is already answering her question. Max had already told her he wanted to buy a family house and obviously he had been serious enough that he had been looking.

“Let's just go in and take a look.” he suggests.

“Can we?” Liz asks surprised.

“Yes. My agent arrange for me to have the key,” he explains.

Max knew that the house was perfect. It was the type of house he and Liz had discussed when they had first been married about owning someday when their family got bigger. It made sense for Max that they buy it now and start their life fresh again before they started thinking about expanding their family as well.

“Are we goin to live here?” Addison asked.

“Maybe,” Max told her.

“It's pretty.” she smiled at her father.

“It is.” he agreed.

“Will you live here too?” she asked hopefully.

“Yes, you, me and Mummy,” he assured her.

“Good.” she said and Max felt his heart soar.

They had decided that they didn’t need to explain to Addison that they were back together. She seemed too young to really understand what they were saying but it was obvious now to Max that she took in more than they thought. He hoped that from now on she would never doubt that they would all be together.

They wandered through the house and Max watched Liz’s every reaction.

“So what do you think?” he finally asked as they walked into the master suite up stairs.

Liz turned and looked at him blankly.

“How much is this place?” she asked.

Max smiled, “”We can afford it Liz.” he assured her.

Liz sighed. “It's big.”

There were four large bedrooms, 2 studies (one upstairs and one down) 2 bathrooms, an ensuite, the master room had a walk in wardrobe and downstairs there were 2 large living rooms, a great size kitchen and dining room. Outside there was a deck that led out to a beautiful pool, spa and BBQ area and still left enough grass area for Addison to have a swing set and to run around. All in all there was everything you could want in a house.

“I know,” he smiled.

“What will we do with all this space?” she asked.

“I was thinking we could work on filling it,” he replied with a blush.

Liz was surprised at first. They hadn’t discussed more children in a very long time and deep down she was almost scared to have another child with Max in case everything happened all over again but she immediately tried to push those thoughts away.

“I’d like that,” she whispered shyly.

“We can look at other houses.” Max told her then.

“Why?” she asked.

“If you don't like this...” he trailed off.

“Of course I love this Max, it’s my dream home, but you already knew that,” she replied.

“I did which is why I really want to buy it for us.”

Liz sighed, “Are you sure we can afford this?” she asked.

“Trust me,” he told her.

“I do,” she grinned.

“Which room do you like Princess?” Max asked Addison as he picked up.

“How come?” she asked.

“So we know which one to paint pink?” he grinned.

“We goin to live here Daddy?” she asked again.

“It looks like it,” he smiled hopefully at Liz.

“Would you like that baby?” Liz asked.

Addison eagerly nodded and then after a though bit down on her bottom lip. “What’s wrong baby?” Liz asked.

“If we live here can I have a puppy?” she asked.

Max laughed as Liz rolled her eyes. Addison had asked Liz for a puppy a lot recently and Liz had been able to put her off by telling her they couldn’t because they didn’t have a back yard.

“We’ll see baby.”

Phillip Evans frowned as he looked down at the information that had been faxed to him by the private investigator.

Unable to help himself he hopped up and made his way to his son’s office.

“Max.” he greeted walking in and making himself comfortable.

“Dad.” Max replied.

He had been working with Michael and Isabel for weeks finalising their plan and buying the shares they needed in Evans. They were satisfied that they were being careful enough not to have sent any flags off yet to his father.

“What’s up?” he asked.

“I hear you’re buying a new house?” he said.

Max frowned wondering how his father had gotten that information so quickly. He knew he made it a point to know everything going on in his children’s life at all times but the process of buying the new house had barely gotten underway.

“Yes.” he replied.

There was no point lying. Max was sure now that his father had someone watching his every move and obviously had paid off the realtor for the inside information.

“This better not have anything to do with that good for nothing wife of yours,” he warned with a snarl.

Max sat back in his seat and studied his father. He was used to these confrontations and most of the time he backed down and agreed to do things his father’s way because he was always worried about what his father would do if he didn’t. He had a rotten temper and Max had been scared of his most of his life but now he knew his father’s power was limited.

“That’s none of your business.” he replied and picked up his pen again.

Phillip Evans reached forward and threw half the contents of Max’s desk onto the ground to get his attention.

“You listen to me you son of a bitch when I’m talking to you,” he yelled. “I own you and you’re lucky I haven’t killed you for lying to me about divorcing that slut to begin with.”

Max stood angrily. All of a sudden years of bending to his father’s will came to the surface and memories that he had thought were lost from the accident surged forward. He had lived in fear for his daughter and wife’s safety for years because of this man. He let him control his life for too long and Max knew he couldn’t a second longer.

“Call her that again and I'll hurt you. I don’t care if you’re twice my age.” Max replied calmly but the look on his face told his father he was serious.

“Now is not the time to try and grow some balls.” Phillip laughed, “You do what I say and I'll call that bitch whatever I want. She’s a money hungry slut who I’ve tolerated until now but I can ruin her and that brat within a second if you test me.”

“Try it and I'll kill you,” Max warned.

“You don’t have the balls.”

“No you don’t, they’ve shrivelled up,” Max replied. “Just like you.”

“I'll give you two days to get rid of her and propose to Tess. You have until the end of the month to show me copies of the divorce papers or I'll cut you off and throw you out broke. You won’t work again anywhere,” he told him.

Max grinned now. He knew there was a chance that he might have been jumping the gun but he couldn’t pass this moment by.

“We’ll see about that,” Max told him. “I don’t need a week, a month or a year. There will be no divorce and I wouldn’t touch that slut Tess with a fifty foot pole.”

“You think I’m not serious?” Phillip asked.

“I think you’re deadly serious I just know that you can’t back up your words any longer.”

Phillip smiled evilly at his son then, “Walk out the door and you’ll see.”

Max turned and picked up his jacket and briefcase then and stepped away from the desk. “I'll see you at the emergency board meeting I'll be calling tomorrow,” he said.

Phillip laughed then, “You’re nothing. The board won’t waste its time on you they only listen to me.”

“Really?” Max asked, “I’m pretty sure I am the board now as the major share holder of his company.”

This time the laugh died quickly and Phillip slowly turned slightly pale. “I’m the major shareholder of this company boy; I built it from the ground up.”

“You haven’t heard?” Max asked and then laughed, “Better get onto your financial people Phillip because they’re slipping.”

“What are you talking about?” Phillip demanded then.

“Just you wait Phillip, I plan on giving you a front row seat when it’s all revealed.” Max told him before he strolled out of the office with more confidence than he ever remembered. He might have put the plan into action prematurely but as far as he was concerned it couldn’t have worked out better. He had never seen the look on his father’s face before, it was fear, and he knew that no matter what happened everything was worth it for that single moment.