Sangre Azul (Gossip Girl XO, UC,Mature) AN 12-23-09 [WIP]

This is the place where fics that have not been updated in the past three months will be moved until the author asks a mod to move them back to an active board.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, truelovepooh, Forum Moderators

SnowyOwl-17
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Sangre Azul (Gossip Girl XO, UC,Mature) Ch 17 3-26-09

Post by SnowyOwl-17 »

Sorry for the delay, but here's the next chapter!!! Thanks for all of the reviews!!!

forever dreamer
AvalonRose
Egyptian_Kiss
WomanofMystery
Christina2984
melissa05
Fallin Angels

Chapter Seventeen:

Elizabeth smiled as Chuck pushed in her seat for her as her eyes roamed the room, “Where are we?” She asked curiously as she looked up at him with an innocent smile.

For a second, Chuck was stunned. He had never seen such an innocent smile before. Everyone he ever met had always wanted something from him. Innocent smiles were never innocent and in fact, they were rarely actual smiles. They were mere tools the people around him used to get him to do what they wanted. But Elizabeth’s smile was clearly genuine and Chuck felt his lips upturn slightly. She was so… refreshing compared to all the women he had known.

“Just a little restaurant I like to go to. It’s my favorite. Very low key,” He responded as he sat down himself.

“Low key?” She raised an eyebrow, “And it’s your favorite?”

Charles chuckled, “Contrary to popular belief, I do like to have down time by myself on occasion,” Chuck smiled as he heard Elizabeth’s tinkling laugh.

“I bet Gossip Girl would love to get her hands on a picture of this infamous Bass downtime,” She teased.

“I bet,” He drawled his reply as he heard the sliding door open. Once he and Elizabeth had entered the restaurant, the host had taken them straight to a private back room to enjoy peace and quiet away from the masses.

“Sir, Ma’am. Your menus,” The waiter spoke with a thick French accent as he set down the menus in front of them, “I shall come back in a minute for your orders.”

Elizabeth watched the man as he walked to the door and left. She felt Chuck’s eyes on her and she held back a smile.

“Should I be jealous?” Chuck asked with his small half smile on his face, his eyes showing that he was only partially serious.

Elizabeth turned to look at him before tilting her head to the side in inquiry, “Do you think that man was really French?”

Chuck couldn’t stop the wide grin that spread across his face as he replied to her surprising question, “I think that this is a French restaurant and that it doesn’t matter whether he is French or not, so long as he sounds French.”

“Yes, but that’s my point!” Elizabeth waved her hand to illustrate her point, “Is he really French? Or is it a complete lie made up to go with the restaurant? Don’t you ever wonder about the truth about people?”

Chuck’s smile faded as he looked her in the eye seriously, “All the time,” He told her, “But this is the Upper East Side, darling. No one is telling the truth. Everyone is lying and hiding something behind their closed doors,” He continued with a small smile to take the edge off what he was telling her.

“And you?” She whispered, “Are you hiding? Do you lie?”

“All the time,” Charles whispered to her.

Elizabeth blinked, taken aback by his honesty, “But you’re telling me the truth now. You aren’t hiding.”

Chuck blinked as his brow furrowed, “That’s true. But that’s because you’re special. You don’t lie to me so I’ve decided that I won’t lie to you.”

“A little lie can be a good thing,” She countered.

His lips twitched up, “I agree. But for the big things, truth is what’s important,” He slid closer to her as he leaned over the table, “Just out of curiosity, exactly what are you trying to prove?”

She smiled as she looked away, “Excuse me?” Elizabeth asked with faux innocence.

Chuck laughed as he leaned back in his chair, “Alright, if that’s how you want to play this, I won’t argue.”

The door slid open once more and the waiter came in, “Your orders?”

Chuck smirked as Liz hastily opened her menu and scanned the pages, “We’ll have Gougeres and Brie pastries as appetizers, if that’s alright with you?” He asked Elizabeth.

Elizabeth pinked as both Chuck and the waiter stared at her, “Yes, that’s fine.”

Charles nodded, “And if it is also alright with you, I’d prefer if you didn’t serve wine tonight.”

Once again, she nodded her agreement, her eyes furrowed in confusion. Since when did Chuck Bass not want to drink?

“I’ll have the roasted beef tenderloin,” Chuck finished his order as he then gestured for the waiter to turn toward Liz.

“Uhm, I’d like the braised orange chicken, please.”

The waiter nodded, “How would you like it cooked?”

“Bleu,” She replied.

The waiter picked up their menus and silently walked out leaving Liz to stare at Chuck in shock.

“No wine?” She asked.

He raised an eyebrow, “If you’d like some, I can call him back…?”

“Don’t be ridiculous,” She waved away, “I just want to know why you don’t want any.”

Charles reached over to hold her hand in his own, “I don’t want tonight to be tainted by the drunkenness of alcohol.”

Elizabeth blinked, stunned by his response. That was the sweetest thing he had ever said to her. Granted, Chuck didn’t say many sweet things to her, but still. She felt a soft smile creep onto her mouth as she ducked her head and to stare embarrassedly at the napkin before her.

She itched to remove her hand from his grasp in order to fidget with them, but she forced herself to remain steady. Normally, she had no problems with her composure around others, but Chuck just had a way of making her feel unsettled… and she found that she rather liked that about him.

“So, what are you going to tell them?” Elizabeth inquired, desperate to take her mind off the warmth of his hands on hers.

“Tell who?” He asked, an eyebrow raised.

“Your friends, your family. Are you going to tell them about us?” She clarified as she felt herself regain her footing in the conversation. Chuck Bass would not keep the upper hand all night, she’d make sure of it.

“Hmm,” Chuck mused as he reluctantly let go of her hand and leaned back in his chair to think.

Elizabeth let out an inaudible sigh. She wasn’t sure if she was thankful for her hands back, free to fidget under the table, or if she missed the warmth, the connection, his hands provided.

“Yes, I suppose I do need to bring it up soon, don’t I?” He mused aloud, his sharp eyes catching her body language with ease.

Interesting, he mused, I make her quite uncomfortable. He smirked at the thought. That could be fun.

“You haven’t mentioned me at all?” She asked, a little hurt. She had brought him over for dinner with her family, but he didn’t even mention her name?

Chuck smiled easily as he reached over to run a finger down her forearm in a soft whisper of a touch that sent shivers down her back as she fought the urge to jump or blush, “I haven’t really had a need to. Gossip Girl insured that everyone knew about us before there really even was an us. Nathaniel knows, Serena knows, I’m sure Lily and Eric both know by now as well. Who else is there?” He asked, even though he knew of two more people that needed to know about their relationship… but he decided to leave Blair for a later day, which of course left his father.

“But you haven’t told them anything? You, not gossip,” She asked.

Chuck pursed his lips in contemplation, “I’ve spoken with Nathaniel, but no one else. You bring up a fair point.”

Liz smiled, happy to have won that round before her smile slipped off in shock.

“You should come over to meet them tomorrow.”

Elizabeth blinked in surprise, “You’re inviting me to meet your…”

“Family,” Chuck supplied, amused at her reaction.

“Are you-“ She was cut off by the door opening.

“I apologize for the delay,” The waiter said as he set down the two cheese appetizers and set down iced waters in front of the couple.

As soon as the waiter walked out, Chuck turned back to his girlfriend, “Sure?”

Elizabeth blinked in confusion.

He smiled as he clarified, “You said ‘are you’ and I said ‘sure?’. Yes, I am sure that I want you to meet my family. After all, fair is fair, is it not? I met your family, you get the distinct… pleasure of meeting mine.”

Elizabeth’s happy smile faded, “Is that why you are doing this? Because I invited you to meet grandma and grandfather?”

“You misunderstand, Elizabeth,” Chuck replied, “I merely meant that the awkwardness and worry I went through, which you so thoroughly mocked, when I met your grandparents is now left to you. The tables have turned, darling.”

She felt a smile creep across her face at his daring words.The tables have turned, have they? We’ll have to see about that…

Chuck smiled as he read the challenge in her eyes and the fierce glare of determination. He hid his smile behind the glass of water, but that did nothing to hide his excitement. Who needed the thrill of the chase, when the hunt is so much better.

Well, it seems that our newest favorite couple is doing much better than we thought. We all know that Bass loves the chase and that once the thrill is gone, so is he, but it seems that Chuck found a new way to stay interested. The thrill of the hunt, the one on one interaction between the predator stalking its prey and the baby lamb, new to the city, that knows it’s being hunted as thinks of ways to escape. The real question in this scenario is, however, does the prey want to escape and is the hunter planning on killing said prey? Who ever heard of the lion falling for the lamb?... This isn’t Twilight and there aren’t any vampires or werewolves to rescue our little lamb, so the question soon becomes what do you do when the world is falling around your head and the lamb you wanted turns out to be a wolf in sheep’s clothing?

Sorry, Chuck Bass, but maybe Elizabeth Van Leih isn’t quite the girl you thought she was.

You Know You Love Me

XOXO

Gossip Girl
Check out my NEW livejournal page!!---> http://snowyowl-17.livejournal.com/

Much thanks to my amazing BETA DarkWolfYingFa aka Tenshi noyo ryu taiga aka PeytonLeigh! Your amazing!!!
SnowyOwl-17
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Sangre Azul (Gossip Girl XO, UC,Mature) Ch 18 6-5-09

Post by SnowyOwl-17 »

Hey Everyone! Sorry for the long wait, school was insane for the both of us. But fear not here is the next chapter! Hope you enjoy!! :D

Thanks for all the reviews and feedback:
AvalonRose
alexceasar
pandas2001
Christina2984

Liz and Serena's conversation about Blair was the same one Serena had with Poppy on the show. I think there is supposed to be a disclaimer or acknowledgement in your post about that scene.
Thank you pandas2001 for bringing this to my attention. Disclaimer: The scene belongs to the writers of Gossip Girl. And just to clear up anyothers, just because I'm a bit paranoid now :oops:, Roswell and all character belong to the Roswell writers, producers, directors, etc. and Gossip Girl and all characters belong to the writers, directors, producers, etc.

Thanks again to pandas2001 for letting me know!!!

Chapter Eighteen:

“Could you pass the crepes?” Lily Bass nee Van der Woodson asked her son Eric.

“Sure,” He said as he reached over and passed them to her, “Here you go.”

“Thank you, dear,” She replied as once more the table was in silence.

Elizabeth couldn’t help but fidget slightly in her seat next to Chuck. She sat across from Eric and far from Lily. Liz inconspicuously looked at the two empty chairs. One at the head of the table opposite Lily and one directly to the right of Lily. Elizabeth assumed that the chair to the right belonged to Chuck’s infamous step-sister Serena. Elizabeth turned her head slightly to look at the doorway, wondering if Serena was ever going to come to brunch.

Did she not come because she knew that Elizabeth would be there? Did she hate Chuck’s new girlfriend? He had said that he and Serena used to be very close, how much did Serena’s opinion of her count to him? He had said that he had once been in love with her, was this Serena’s way of saying that she was jealous?

Several thoughts raced through Elizabeth’s head as the awkward silence continued.

Chuck, seeing Liz’s face grow more and more panicked, smirked before slipping his hand into her own, under the table.

His touch immediately snapped her out of it and she squeezed his hand in thanks.

“So, Elizabeth,” Lily started awkwardly, “I apologize for my husband not being here. He had an important business meeting in Shanghai.”

“That’s alright. I understand,” Elizabeth replied with a small smile as she gripped Chuck’s hand tighter, causing Chuck to wince slightly. Eric picked up on Chuck’s pain and smiled as he realized that Elizabeth was apparently more nervous than her cool façade had shown.

“Where did you say you go to school?” Lily asked as she pushed her plate of barely touched fruit and crepes forward in a clear sign that she was finished.

“I start Constance in the fall,” Elizabeth explained as she used her left hand to push her food around delicately with her fork. Her grandmother had ingrained in her mind the inappropriateness of allowing your utensils to make sound when touching the plate.

Lily caught that Elizabeth was using her left hand and realized that she must have been holding onto Charles’ hand with her right, since she had previously been eating with her other hand. Lily allowed a small smile to grace her face. Perhaps this was what Serena and Eric had been talking about when they said that Chuck had changed…

“So, I hear that you just recently moved here. Where did you live before?” Lily asked as she folded her hands beneath her chin as she leaned on her elbows gracefully.

Elizabeth’s eyes couldn’t help but glance at the elbows on the table. Rule number three, never allow your elbows touch the table while eating. It is disgraceful, her grandmother’s voice spoke in her head. However, since Elizabeth didn’t put much stock in her grandmother’s etiquette rules and since Lily was obviously finished eating, Elizabeth took care to lock her grandmother’s voice away into the back of her mind.

“I live in Roswell,” she replied.

“Oh, what school did you go to?” Lily asked curiously.

“I went to the public school there,” Elizabeth replied, “My father didn’t want me in a boarding school far away and the nearest private school was miles away.”

“I see,” Lily nodded. When Serena had gone to boarding school, her family had fallen apart. Lily could understand wanting to keep family together, “I’m very sorry. I know Chuck wanted you to meet Serena, but I’m afraid I have no idea where she is. She said she’d only be gone for an hour, but-“

“Mom, I’m back! Sorry, I’m late! Is she still here?” A voice called out from the living room.

“In here, Serena!” Lily called out as a tall blonde walked through the open walkway.

Elizabeth had seen pictures of the Serena Van der Woodson on Gossip Girl and in the tabloids, but Serena appeared to be so much more beautiful and tall and leggy and, just ‘wow’, in person. Suddenly, Elizabeth felt a little insecure. This was the woman Chuck used to love? The one he lives with? The one he professed to care deeply about, even now? Liz had never felt so small and ugly and completely un-special as she did the moment Serena Van der Woodson walked through the door.

“Hey! You’re still here! I’m Serena,” the blonde smiled vibrantly as she sat down at her chair just as a maid came in holding a plate for Serena’s breakfast.

Serena wasted no time in scooping up huge amounts of eggs, sausage and fruit. She grabbed a crepe and started spreading massive amounts of butter and powdered sugar on it.

“How do you eat like that?” Eric asked, his face twisted in disgust as she shoveled a fork full of eggs in her mouth.

“I work it off,” Serena smirked as she winked at her little brother.

Charles chuckled as Lily sighed, “Serena, is that really necessary?”

“What, mom. Eric’s more than old enough to know about these kinds of things,” Serena smiled.

Elizabeth smiled as the tight, uncomfortable air around brunch was broken the moment Serena sat down. Despite her envy and small insecurity, she was glad that she was able to meet Serena.

“So, what did I miss?” Serena asked as she plopped a blueberry in her mouth.

“We were just discussing Elizabeth’s schooling,” Lily answered.

Serena made a face, “Bor-ring!”

Lily sighed as she dropped her napkin in her lap and leaned back for Serena to take control of the conversation, even as a small, proud smile worked its way onto her lips.

“You are going to Constance, aren’t you?” Serena asked as she turned to face Chuck’s new girlfriend.

“I thought school was boring?” Lily inquired smilingly.

“Mo-om?” Serena replied as she rolled her eyes.

Elizabeth let out a small giggle, causing everyone’s eyes to turn to her, “Yes, I am.”

“Good. We should definitely bond and tell embarrassing stories about Chuck,” Serena stated matter-of-factly.

“Really, sis, is that necessary?” Chuck asked with a raised brow.

“First, don’t call me ‘sis’,” She hissed as she kicked out at Chuck’s knee causing a grunt,
“Second, of course it is. We want to make sure Liz, can I call you Liz?” She asked and returned to Chuck after receiving a nod, “Knows what she’s getting into when she’s dating you. In fact, I don’t think she even knows about your foundation,” Serena smiled tauntingly.

“Foundation?” Lily and Chuck asked in unison.

“Yes, the Chuck Bass Foundation for Teens with Genital Herpes,” Serena smirked as she took a succulent bite of a strawberry.

“There isn’t one,” Chuck scowled.

“Oh, yes there is. Blair told me about it. Apparently, Vanessa used the money you gave her when you bought that blank tape to start a foundation in your honor. Isn’t that sweet of her?” Serena smirked.

Eric started laughing hysterically at Chuck’s displeased face while Lily herself had to hide her smile behind her napkin. Elizabeth turned her head so that her boyfriends couldn’t see the large grin spread across her face.

“I had wondered what Brooklyn’s little girlfriend on the side had done with my money,” Chuck scowled as he mentally went over all the different revenge scenarios he could think of for little Miss Brooklyn V.

Serena’s smile faded slightly at the mention of Dan, “Well, now you know,” She said as she mustered up a smile that seemed faker than her other ones. She turned to Elizabeth, “Wanna get out of here? We could go shopping and I can tell you all the dirt you’ll ever need on Chuck Bass,” She laughed.

“Shopping sounds good,” Elizabeth agreed as the two girls stood up to grab their coats.

“Wait a second, don’t I get a say in this?” He asked smoothly.

“No,” The two girls replied before looking at each other and smiling widely.

Liz went to get her coat from the maid and as Serena went to follow, she gasped as Chuck grabbed her elbow and turned her to face him.

“If you scare Elizabeth off or figure out a way to get her to hate me, I swear…” Chuck’s eyes had turned to ice as he glared at his “sister”.

“You really like her?” Serena asked as she tilted her head and looked up at him.

“…Yeah…” Chuck admitted with a sigh as he let go of her arm and lifted his hand and ran it across his hair.

Serena blinked, shocked at his honesty, “Wow… Don’t worry, Chuck. If you haven’t scared her off yet, I don’t think my stories will.”

“Haha,” He replied sarcastically, “Actually…” He trailed off in thought, “This would give me the perfect opportunity…”

Serena’s eyes narrowed as Liz walked back to them.

“What?” Elizabeth asked.

“Ohh, nothing,” Chuck smiled as he leaned over to kiss Serena on the cheek and Elizabeth on the mouth, “I just need to go get a new phone and call an… acquaintance of mine…”

“A new phone?” Serena questioned.

“An acquaintance?” Liz asked at the same time.

“Hmm… Enjoy your shopping, ladies,” Chuck evaded as he waved the two off as they walked out the door.

Liz and Serena both stared as the door slammed shut in their face.

“Well, okay then,” Serena said before grabbing Liz’s hand and dragging her to the elevator, “So, where do you want to go?”

“Anywhere,” she replied.

Almost three hours later found Elizabeth and Serena laughing hysterically on a park bench, bags surrounding them almost entirely.

“And then Chuck… Chuck goes, ‘how much for the night?’ and she just goes ‘Excuse me!!!’ and slapped him across the face,” Serena managed out between hysterical laughter.

“God, I don’t know if I find the fact that he was trying to solicit a so-called prostitute hysterical or completely horrifying and disgusting!” Elizabeth cried as she clutched at her sides in laughter.

“Find it both, I always do!” Serena sighed as she tried to force her body to calm down, “You know, I really like you. Not at all what Chuck usually brings home,” She sneered in disgust.

“Thanks,” Elizabeth smiled before looking at the blonde in concern, “But what about… I thought you were really good friends with Chuck’s ex, Blair?”

Serena’s smile was wiped off her face and Elizabeth instantly felt remorseful for even bringing it up.

“Yeah, we are, but… I don’t know. I guess… you’re just so much better for him. Blair made him content. Someone that was like him, but you make him a different person. A
completely different person.”

“I don’t want to change him,” Liz said worriedly.

“But it’s a good thing!” Serena hastened, “He… Chuck had a rough childhood and he doesn’t know how to deal with things, so he drinks or sleeps around, but he doesn’t do that with you. He actually… deals with his emotions? I don’t know. He’s just different.”

Elizabeth remembered the day before when Chuck was drunk and talked about his life… Maybe, he was different…

“What about you?” Elizabeth asked, changing the subject.

“What?” Serena asked with a confused smile.

“What do you think of Blair?” She asked, genuinely curious what Chuck’s ex was like.

Serena put on a bright smile, “Oh, Blair’s great. We’ve been friends forever. She’s like the Queen of the Upper East Side, so she’s always in the know. And she’s always got my back.”

Elizabeth frowned, “O…kay…”

“What?” Serena asked as she turned to face her.

“It’s just that… I mean, I don’t really know you or anything, but all morning you’ve been all bright and happy and I guess… sparkly?” Elizabeth laughed, “But then you started talking about Blair and it’s like you… toned down. Like in two seconds, you made yourself invisible.”

Serena sat in thought about Elizabeth’s words. She had never really considered it before, but Serena knew that she did tone it down… for Blair. Blair loved the attention and Blair was Serena’s best friend, so of course Serena did what she could to help her.

Serena turned over and saw that Elizabeth was looking at her with knowing eyes, “She’s my best friend,” She explained meekly.

“Shouldn’t your best friend want you to be you?” Elizabeth asked before standing up, “Alright, I’m starving. Let’s head back to the Palace and see if we can’t get Chuck to buy us some lunch,” She laughed as if their talk never happened.

Serena smiled in appreciation before frowning in thought. She had a lot to think about tonight…

Spotted: New Girl and S bonding down the streets of 5th Ave. But what we want to know is how long that will last. Summer is coming to a close and with it comes Queen B, back to take her thrown. And she definitely won’t appreciate Serena’s friendliness with the enemy. Soon, all of New York will get to see if Chuck and Elizabeth’s summer scorcher will freeze in the waking of Waldorf’s ice cold heart.

Until then,

XOXO

Gossip Girl
Last edited by SnowyOwl-17 on Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Much thanks to my amazing BETA DarkWolfYingFa aka Tenshi noyo ryu taiga aka PeytonLeigh! Your amazing!!!
SnowyOwl-17
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Sangre Azul (Gossip Girl XO, UC,Mature) AN 9-20-09

Post by SnowyOwl-17 »

Hey everyone,

I know I tend to post these a lot when RL gets the better of me. But this one has to be by far the hardest for me to write. Um...a couple weeks ago we found out that my 3 year old cousin has Leukemia. And with my senior year of college starting in just a few weeks, I have a lot going on in my life right now. I swear to you that I am not going to be stopping any of my stories.

I will update as soon as I get the free time. Thank you for being so understanding, and amazing readers and reviewers. Your opinions mean everything to me.

Thanks again,

SnowyOwl-17 (Jen)

SnowyOwl-17
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Sangre Azul (Gossip Girl XO, UC,Mature) AN 10-27-09

Post by SnowyOwl-17 »

Find out what is going on with my stories here: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18996&p=760668#p760668

Thanks,

Jen

SnowyOwl-17
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Sangre Azul (Gossip Girl XO, UC,Mature) AN 12-23-09

Post by SnowyOwl-17 »

Hey!

Sorry it took me so long to start working on this story again, I was taking my senior seminar class last semester that literally took up every free second I had. But I am on winter break now, and I will be getting backc to work on all of my stories, and I will try my hardest to get all of my stories updated!!

Again sorry for the wait,

Jen