Awakened (SN, XO, UC, Adult) Part Six 2/17/09 [WIP]

This is the place where fics that have not been updated in the past three months will be moved until the author asks a mod to move them back to an active board.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, truelovepooh, Forum Moderators

dstarlight
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Awakened (SN, XO, UC, Adult) Part Six 2/17/09 [WIP]

Post by dstarlight »

Banner by singerchic4

Author:dstarlight
Disclaimer:Do not own Roswell, Supernatural or any of their characters.
Catergory:Crossover Supernatural/Roswell
Pairings:Sam/Liz
Rating:Adult
Summary:While working one night Liz meets a troubled soul who could change her life forever. Trapped in a marriage she no longer cares for, and a life that's slowly suffocating her, she seeks to help this stranger who's pain is so much greater than her own, but will the price be too high, even for her?

Note1:Takes place five years after the season finale of Roswell and six months after the season three finale of Supernatural.
Note2:I am a Dean and Liz shipper fan to be sure, there's just something about those two that warm my heart. But, when this story started to form in my mind after seeing the season finale of Supernatural a few weeks ago, I just simply had to go with it. Plus there aren't a lot of Sam/Liz pairings out there so I'd thought I'd help towards the numbers!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Awakened
I was dead until I found you, but now I am awakened.
Part One

“Why do you keep staring at him?”

Liz’s eyes snapped back to her husband. The stormy intent that precariously raged through his eyes warned Liz of the argument that was to come. Liz had learned over the years that Max’s temper could flare at any given time, and frankly she was too god damn tired to even care anymore. He had worn her down, heck her whole life had worn her down. The strain of travelling on the road and running from their enemies had finally taken its toll. The struggle just to get through a single day was becoming impossible. Liz was drowning in the life of her own making. In her naivety she had made one split decision that had cost her the very happiness she thought she was following. It had cost them all, but Liz’s sacrifices always seemed to outweigh the rest.

“Max look at him, something’s wrong. I can feel it.” Liz didn’t need to stress the meaning of her words. Her powers very rarely flared for some insignificant reason. The fact that her whole body was singing to her now was a definite sign that something wasn't right. And when Liz saw the softening of Max’s face she prayed that somehow he felt it too. That the caring, compassionate man she knew he could be had broken through all that egotistical superiority he liked to wield. But the clamping of his jaw and hardening of his eyes proved that was not the case this time around. Her King was back and she hated him in that moment, more than she ever thought she could. Liz resented him for making her hope for some of the decency and kindness he had once shown her and others. It seldom shone through lately.

“I fail to see how that is our problem.”

Anger rushed through her in a torrent so great the lights overhead flickered above them. Of course the god almighty in front of her failed to see it, but Kyle did and from the corner of her eye she caught him as he rose from his seat and sauntered over to them. Once again he was coming to her aid, a true friend amongst the madness that had become their lives. She would have gone insane if it wasn’t for Kyle’s constant support over the years.

“You're right Max it's not your problem and you want to know why?”

He cocked his head in response, obviously intrigued by what she had to say.

Makes a change Liz thought bitterly.

“Because your to big of a jackass to care about anything that doesn’t even remotely concern your selfish little problems!”

With that she threw her apron down on the counter and stormed across to the table that had occupied her attention most of the night. Max rose to follow her but that hand that gripped his shoulder halted his progress, he was forced back down with a quiet shove.

“I don’t think so El Presidente you go over there she’s likely to fry your ass, and you know what I won’t stop her.” All Max could do was glare, Kyle simply smiled and went back to his beer.

Liz hesitated as she reached the booth situated towards the back of the tavern, her eyes grazed over the papers that were strewn all across the wooden table. She couldn’t make out most of the age worn pages but she did recognize some of the language that adorned the documents, Latin.

A pang went through her as she remembered the distant dream she once held. Most of the terminology she would have been dealing with while studying microbiology would have been in Latin. Liz had started to learn the language at a very early age mostly due to her Grandma Claudia. She wanted to understand the terms used in most scientific fields. Of course none of that mattered now, and it never would. Shaking thoughts of the past away she gently put down the beer she held in her hand.

A mass of brown hair lifted up to reveal a pair of mahogany eyes. Liz had no doubt those set of eyes had once emanated with such vibrancy but darkness was all that flooded their depths now and it made Liz stop dead in her tracks. As did the sudden ringing that bombarded her senses.

“I didn’t order a beer.”

His voice was civil but the edge that laced it told her all she needed to know, he wanted her to go the hell away.

“I know,” she bit her lip, a nervous habit. “I’m Liz I work here.”

His eyes narrowed and Liz shrank back at the scrutiny directed towards her.

“Look I’m kinda busy here so can you take the beer and leave.”

He gave her no further consideration as he went back to studying the leather bound journal that he held in his hands. Liz swallowed her unease, she thought she could offer some form of comfort to him; obviously she was wrong.

Because of the fear that had rapidly assaulted her from all directions, churning away at her resolve Liz couldn’t think conclusively on her own actions. So as she reached over to pick up the brown bottle her arm accidentally brushed against his.

She sucked in a breath, her grip on the bottle slipped and it went crashing to the ground, shattering on impact. Liz staggered back her eyes blinking rapidly at the sharp pain coursing through her head. Her eyes locked with the panic stricken ones of his and she couldn’t stop the words from stumbling out.

“Oh......God, your in so much pain.......he’s in so much pain.

His mahogany eyes widened and she watched through her own haze as his body stiffened at her words.

“What did you say?”

Jilting herself from her stupor Liz realized her mistake.

“What did you say?!” His voice was hard as the will of iron she knew he possessed.

She gulped, her eyes hastily darting to the exit. To the night where fresh air could fill her lungs and wash over her body and heart. Where remnants of fire and ash could just simply fade away. Back into the recesses of her mind, buried so deep that no one would see. Where she couldn’t see.

“I-I have to go.” She bolted, various patrons watching her flee. Max was too busy brooding over his newly filled glass of scotch to see her go, but Kyle had carefully observed the whole interaction and as the guy swiftly ran after her Kyle’s senses went haywire.

“Shit, this isn’t going to be pretty.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A buzzing a buzzing in his head he couldn’t get out. He had felt something when that woman had touched him, an energy he couldn’t describe. But that’s not all that fuelled his fire to chase this petite woman down, if she was in fact a woman. She knew something, and it was something she had no right in knowing.

He managed to catch up with her as she was opening the door of a red 65 Ford Mustang, notably it had seen better days. Before she got a chance to slide inside he swung her round, abruptly closing the door as well. He gripped her upper arms, his fingers roughly digging into the skin.

“What are you?!”

Her chocolate coloured eyes went wide in fear, her body shaking under his hands.

“I don’t know what you mean.”

He shook her, his patience dwindling into nothing. Heck his patience was long gone, stripped away from him as his brother was. “Are you a demon, where’s my brother, what have you done to him, how do I get him out?” She stayed silent, he shook her again. “Answer me!”

He watched as her chest rose and fell, her breathing coming out in gasps. “I don’t know what your talking about, I just work in a bar.” She replied helplessly her eyes glossing over with the tears she refused to let fall in his presence.

Clarity hit him like a cold, harsh wind. His hands instantly released her, his eyes taking in the mars on her skin. The bruises he’d caused.

He was losing it, he was finally losing it.

God what had he just done?

He stepped away from her as if she’d scolded him. He didn’t have time to react as someone latched onto his arms spinning him round, the punch came hard and fast, sending him crashing to the floor.

Okay he really should have seen that coming.

He brought his hand up to his nose, his head throbbing. He blinked trying to dull the pain. No such luck, whoever had hit him had done one hell of a job. Lifting himself up off the ground his eyes went over to find the guy who’d sent him careening to the dirt ridden ground. He was checking over the woman, Liz.

Now he felt even more of an ass.

“Kyle I’m fine.” He heard her say.

The guy turned towards him, glowering. “You touch her like that again my brother and your ass will be permanently glued to the floor, comprende?”

“Yeah.” He wheezed out, trying to work his wind pipe; great. He listened intently as the couple beside him talked in hushed voices. Who were these people?

“Come on Liz we need to get back inside, we don’t want ET to get his pants in a twist. Not that it wouldn’t be fun to watch.....”

The woman rolled her eyes. “Kyle.”

“What? I’m just saying.”

She shook her head. “You go I won’t be far behind.”

“Liz.”

Her eyes sparked. “Kyle get your butt back in there before I make you.”

Staring her down he reluctantly agreed with her, obviously this Kyle knew he wasn’t going to get anywhere. “Just scream if you need me.” Kyle looked his way. “Either that or you could just zap him.” He mumbled.

Zap him?

“Kyle go!”

“Fine I’m going.” As Kyle walked away his faint mutterings could still be heard. “I just got reduced to the status of dung beetle and this is the thanks I get, I should’ve saved that punch for Evans; at least I would have enjoyed it more.”

Guardedly watching as Kyle walked away he noticed the young woman was looking towards him. He stood not wanting to meet the golden hues of her eyes. They held more than they should for one so.......

“Are you okay?”

He cleared his throat. “Fine.”

Sadness suddenly enveloped her face. “No your not.”

His defences instantly went up. The numb feeling was back along with the familiar burning of rage that always accompanied it. “You don’t know anything about me.”

Her eyes glanced down. “I was only trying to help you Sam, I’m sorry I tried.” With that she walked away back into the noisiness of the heaving bar. Back to a world he no longer felt apart of. He stood completely still a distinct chill working its way up his spine.

Sam had never given her his name.
Last edited by dstarlight on Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:48 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Siggie thanks to singerchic4.
dstarlight
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: Awakened (SN, XO, UC, Mature) Part 2 7/17

Post by dstarlight »

A/N Thank you all so much for your lovely reviews, I was a bit unsure about posting this fic at first because I know how many people love Liz and Dean as a pairing (me included lol!) but it's nice to know it's been recieved well. :D

Part Two

Liz’s strength left her as soon as she wiped the final table, the others had departed over an hour ago and it was just her and Cat left closing down. Her ears picked up the opening of the main door, she sagged. The locals knew what time Cat closed, so it had to be an out of towner looking for a place to drown their sorrows. Well they’d just have to come back tomorrow. Liz was so god damn tired it wasn’t even funny.

“Sorry we’re closed.” The automated response flowed passed her lips easily.

“I didn’t come here looking for a drink.”

Liz turned and she couldn’t help but jerk back, something was telling her to run. But an even stronger force was compelling her to stay.
Every instinct came alive, crackling under her skin in a warning.

Liz flicked her eyes to the back, she could hear Cat switching off all the lights, making sure the bar was locked up tight for the night.

“Don’t worry she’ll be fine, I came here to talk to you.”

Liz straightened. “Who are you?”

The woman pursed her lips. “Tut, tut that’s not the question you wanted to ask me, and you know it.”

Liz gulped back the undeniable dread that had suddenly sucked out all the air in room. “What are you?”

The woman quirked her lips. “Better, but you don’t need to know that.”

“Why?” Liz demanded taking a step towards the bar. If she could put enough distance between her and this ominous stranger she’d feel a hell of a lot better in doing so.

The woman bristled. “Because it doesn’t concern you.”

“What do you want from me?”

She smiled, Liz could tell that she was beautiful. But the threatening air that surrounded her darkened the aura that had once shone so bright. There was something that lingered just beneath the surface, something that Liz couldn’t see. Inconspicuously out of sight “I want you to stay away from Sam Winchester.”

Liz frowned. “Why?”

The woman tilted her head, her eyes carefully regarding Liz’s small frame. “Because it’s not safe for you Elizabeth.”

Liz stepped back, she was surprised at the softness the other woman conveyed. Liz could almost believe that this woman had her best interests at heart. But Liz wasn’t one to trust easily, that quality had been brutally ripped away from her the day she discovered her best friend had been murdered by someone she had considered an ally. Liz would regret that judgement for the rest of her life. Along with so many others.

Liz took a deep breath. “Why do you care so much?”

The blonde seemed taken back by the question, but she recovered quickly. Her mask of indifference sliding right back into place. Schooling her features she replied. “Because there are things out there that you don’t understand, the glimpses you saw earlier were just the tip of an even more ruthless reality, you pursue this and you’ll find yourself dealing with something you won’t be able to handle.” She turned, heading for the door.

Liz didn’t know what was going on but she wasn’t about to let this woman just walk away. “Wait!”

The woman turned around. The eyes that stared back at her were as dead as the night outside, devoid of any real emotion. They reminded Liz so much of another set of eyes that she had gazed into. They to held the same blankness, the same lifelessness had swirled in their depths. Sam's.

“What’s your name?”

Liz doubted she would reply, she had a feeling this woman was only going to tell her the barest minimum, and she was probably even reluctant to do that. So Liz was a bit surprised when she responded.

“Ruby, my name’s Ruby.” She bowed her head while taking a step forward. A jolt went through Liz as Ruby looked up. Her empty eyes connecting with Liz’s own. “Take my advice Liz, if you follow your instincts on this one your going to land up on their radar and that’s not going to end well.”

Hesitantly Liz asked.“Why’s that?”

“Because then she will come after you.”

Liz wrinkled her brows, she was about to ask who but found herself suddenly alone. Not thinking clearly she let her feet take her out into the night, trying to make sense of it all. Her head moved from side to side, searching into the blackness. The wind blowing wisps of hair around her face. But Ruby was nowhere to be found. The street was desolate. The moon’s glow eerily shining down to reveal nothing but silence. Liz looked up to find the street lamp oddly blinking on and off. Her head whipped round, she was truly alone.
Sam was pacing, his body fuelled with a brimming energy he couldn’t explain. He was edgy, the events of the night replaying over and over in his mind.

He’d never given her his name.

“Hello.”

He clutched the phone tighter in his hand. “Bobby it’s me.”

“Damn it boy where the heck have you been?”

“Around.”

“Around! I haven’t heard from you in months, except for the trail of demons you’ve been leaving in your wake and all you can say to me is you’ve been around.”

Sam let Bobby’s tirade go unanswered, he had expected it.

“Now I want you to get your ass back here so we can figure out a way to free that damn brother of yours .”

“It’s been six months Bobby.”

Sam closed his eyes, truth was calling Bobby had been a last resort. The age worn hunter had made it blatantly clear he found Sam’s methods of gaining information more than a little unorthodox. He’d been brutal in his pursuit to get his elder brother out of the hell he’d been condemned to. And for what, so Sam could live. He didn’t deserve it, he didn’t deserve it by a long shot.

“Sam?”

Shaking himself out of his morbid self-analysis Sam got back to the matter at hand.

“Look Bobby I called you because I need information.”

Sam heard a sigh on the other end. “What do you need?”

Sam breathed out, relief washing over him. “Have you been by Cat’s place in the past few months.”

“I was there about three months ago, passing through on my way to see Missouri.”

He’d gone to see Missouri, why?

No time for that.

“Did you notice if she’d hired anyone new ?” Sam asked while sitting down, his hand reaching for his computer. He scrolled down his eyes quickly surveying the contents on the screen.

“She hired a new bar hand a few weeks before I stopped by. I think Cat said her name was Liz Walker.”

Sam leaned forward. “Do you know anything about her?”

Bobby let out an exasperated sigh. “Now why would you be interested in a slight little thing like that?”

“Bobby please.” The urgency in Sam’s voice must have swayed Bobby’s decision because soon he was telling Sam all he knew.

“Only that her and her family moved into town right before Cat offered her the job.”

Sam furrowed his eyebrows. “Family?”

“I’m only going by what Cat told me.”

“Well what else did she say?” Sam asked while typing in Liz Walker into the national database.

“That her and her husband had moved into town, his brother and sister in tow. Along with two others. Apparently they keep to themselves”

Husband? Sam thought back to earlier that night. He vaguely remembered a guy sitting at the bar arguing with the woman in question. Sam only wished he’d been paying more attention. Then he might have been able to remember precisely who else was with them and what the husband had looked like. And how did that guy name Kyle fit into things?

“That’s all I know Sam.”

“It’s enough Bobby.”

“Sam....”

Ending the call Sam threw his cell phone on the table, he pinched the bridge of his nose with two fingers while squeezing his eyes shut. The tiredness that had been beating away at him for the last two days was wading in fast. Blinking his eyes open Sam scanned the screen in front of him, he was frustrated to learn that the national database had no record of a Liz Walker, then again that didn't really surprise him. Shoving his computer away Sam resigned himself to the sleep he was so desperately lacking. Switching off the light he flopped down onto the twin bed only to have it groan underneath the weight, great. These motels were all the same, hard bed, cold showers, broken locks on the doors. Empty it was all so empty. Rolling onto his side Sam willed himself to fall into total oblivion. Usually tomorrow the same routine would start all over again, but not this time. They’d be no packing up the car and moving onto the next town, no hunting down the next demon to extract meaningless information from. No, he would stay put.

Because Sam had a hunch that this Liz Walker was hiding something, and he intended to find out exactly what it was.
Last edited by dstarlight on Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.
dstarlight
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: Awakened (SN, XO, UC, Mature) Part 3 8/27

Post by dstarlight »

A/N Reposting due to board trouble, thank you to everyone who replied the last time around! Sadly I didn't have a chance to save the feedback.

Part Three

The run down motel was like so many others that Liz had stayed in over the years. It’s shabby appearance providing ample discretion to the outside world, no doubt a welcome attribute for its various clientele. The green motel sign flashed sporadically hoping to draw in further customers. The neon letters lighting up the darkness that ran into a vast nothingness around her. How many nights had been spent staying in places like this? Too many to count, more than it ever should have been. Liz’s eyes did a quick scan of the parking lot, only a few cars were situated in the spaces provided. She moved closer, stopping as she reached the far end. Her hand ran over the black hood of a 67 Chevy Impala. It was a exquisite piece of workmanship, Liz could only imagine she purred like a kitten while on the road. The immediate feelings that came rushing forth brought a sense of calm that Liz hadn’t felt in what seemed like forever. This car represented something very special, it was a symbol of brotherhood and unity under one cause. But the sudden sadness Liz felt crushing down on her made her gasp for breath, no longer did that kinship remain. A void was left, a pain so great that Liz didn’t know how anyone could survive it. A roaring anger seethed just beneath the surface, hatred boiled and simmered. Liz snatched her hand back not able to take the onslaught of emotion that suddenly consumed her.

She breathed.....

In. Out. In. Out.

Regaining some balance that had been surprising snatched away from her Liz cautiously looked around. Her eyes glancing up, zeroing in on a room that was numbered ten. She took a deep breath and moved towards the steps that led up, number ten it was.......

As she reached the door she wasn’t surprised to see the hinges barely hanging on. Looks like the call on her nifty little powers wouldn’t be needed after all. Liz gave the door a hard shove, pleased that it was enough to get her inside. The owner might want to get that looked at in the morning. Liz could barely see anything, the darkness that surrounded the room made it impossible to make out anything but various shapes.

“Don’t get mad at me. Don’t you do that. I had to. I had to look out for you. That’s my job.”

“And what do you think my job is?

Liz snapped her head to the left, her heart beating so briskly she could hardly breathe. Stop, please stop!

“How did you feel when Dad sold his soul for you? ‘Cause I was there. I remember. You were twisted and broken. And now, you go and do the same thing to me. What you did was selfish.”

“Yeah you’re right it was selfish. But I’m okay with that.”

Liz vigorously shook her head trying to cease the voices that were bombarding her mind. The faint echoes of the past louder then any the present could forge.

“I don’t wanna die. I don’t wanna go to hell”

“The only person who can get me out of this thing is me.”

“And me.”

“Somebody help me! Sam! SAM!”

Liz didn’t have time to react before she found herself roughly pressed up against the far wall, her wrists bound by strong hands. Liz tried to break free only for the hands to squeeze tighter.

“Who are you?”

The demanding voice was one Liz instantly recognised, then again she was in his motel room so it shouldn’t come as a surprise that he would be there at two in the morning.

“Haven’t we been through this already.” She quipped back.

The pressure on her wrists instantly let up and Liz could finally breath a little easier. The warm body that was pressed up against her own suddenly retreated leaving Liz feeling strangely bereft. Liz took a breath and slowly turned round. Light suddenly filled the room and Liz watched as Sam Winchester carefully extracted his hand from the bedside lamp situated across the room. His mocha eyes seemed to stare right through her making Liz question exactly what had made her come to his room tonight.

Was it because of Ruby and the fear she had intentionally left behind?

Was it because ever since she had set eyes on Sam Winchester she had felt undeniably drawn to him?

Or was it simply because she wanted out of the life she’d been trapped in for five years, and knew that Sam Winchester was the only one who could offer her that freedom?

“What are you doing here?” His question was asked so softly that Liz had to blink in response to it. Anger and pain was all Liz ever associated Sam with. So it was unusual for her to see him acting so calmly, especially when she’d just broken into his room.

“I needed to talk to you.” Liz hated how weak her voice must have sounded in his presence, but suddenly she wasn’t feeling so sure of herself anymore.

He stepped towards her. “What do you want to talk about Liz Walker.”

Her eyes must have registered her surprise but still she said nothing. She only watched as he stepped closer and closer, until he was right there in front of her. Breathing in the same air. Liz was happy to realise the warmth was back. No longer did her body feel cold and lonely.

“What are you?”

His eyes stared into her own unrelenting in their intensity and fervour. Two swirling pools of golden heat. Liz was finding breathing difficult once more and she could only whisper out her next words. Words that were more revealing in their nature than even she realised.

“I ask myself that question everyday.”
Last edited by dstarlight on Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
dstarlight
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: Awakened (SN, XO, UC, Adult) Part 4 9/3

Post by dstarlight »

A/N Just to say I've changed the rating from mature to adult. I feel the direction the fic is going calls for it. Thanks for your reviews, enjoy the next chapter.

Part Four

Sam shook his head in disbelief. “So let me get this straight, aliens. As in extra terrestrial beings?”

Liz only nodded in reply. The hair that had been loosely tied back falling across her face. The ebony strands wisping over her sun kissed skin. Sam clenched his fingers in frustration. Liz Walker was becoming a problem. One he didn’t need right now.

“That’s impossible.”

“And demons aren’t.” She scoffed back. Sam was finding out that there was more to Liz then meets the eye. The opinion he’d first formed of her being nothing more than a simple, naive waitress was quickly amended the second she broke into his motel room.

“That’s different.” He bit out getting back to the conversation at hand.

“How?” She challenged rising from her seat.

“It just is, your talking about science fiction here.”

“And your talking about the supernatural, how can you so easily dismiss the presence of extra terrestrial life with all that’s out there.”

“How?!” Sam asked standing up. He towered over her, then again it wasn’t hard to do. Bobby was right she was slight little thing. But she was by no means the fragile woman her appearance made her out to be. No Liz was passionate and fearless that much Sam could recognize. That much he could admire.

“Yes how.” She was getting exasperated. Her hands placed firmly on her hips, her chin jutting out in defiance to him. She’d played this game before.

Probably with that husband of hers.

He stalked over to her. “Because I don’t trust you!” His voice ricocheted off the walls leaving a hum in its wake. Liz seemed to shrink in on herself, her hands falling to her sides. How easily it had been to subdue her. Sam was surprised at the remorse niggling away at him. Guilt drove its way to the forefront of his mind. What was this girl doing to him now?

He closed his eyes. How could six months change him so much? How had he wandered so far from the beaten path? Then again there was nothing he wouldn’t do for his brother. No lengths he wouldn’t go. No lines he wouldn’t cross.

Sam took a breath opening his eyes while doing so. Liz was staring at him again. Her eyes full and wide. That doeful look she wielded piercing him right down to the very core. He looked around him as if in a haze. Seemingly without him even knowing it he’d backed them both into the far wall. He would’ve quirked a smile if he remembered how. This was becoming a habit between them.

“You don’t trust me.” Liz whispered.

Sam’s eyes looked down at the petite woman in front of him, trying to find any ounce of deceit he could. Any glimmer of the deception he’d convinced himself she must be hiding. Only to come up blank. There wasn’t any there.

“I think your trying to hide what you really are by making up stories.” He replied back just as quietly. He didn’t know what compelled him to keep his voice hushed. All he knew was that it felt as if time had slowed down to its most pivotal point. A moment where nothing and no one could intrude, man or demon. It was the culmination of pure energy that you could do nothing but submit to.

“Then let me prove it to you.”

Sam tilted his head, his eyes thinning in caution. “And how can you do that?”

“By showing you.”

His head jerked back as fingers lightly brushed across his jaw. The initial shock rapidly dwindled down to that of minor curiosity. His eyes warily watched her as her hand slid down to rest across his heart. It burned as well as it soothed. Sam couldn’t describe it. Liz’s touch seemed to be easing his worry as if she were willing it so, but heightening his own awareness to an almost unbearable pinnacle.

“I’ve never done this with a human before, it’ll be easier if there’s contact.”

Sam’s skin seemed to sensitize in reaction to her words. Her eyes burning with his own. The air around him became humid and thick until he could barely find the oxygen to breathe. All he could inhale was Liz.

“What are you doing to me?” He wheezed out. His lungs felt tight as his heart beat ten to the dozen. A drumming in his chest he couldn’t slow down. His pulse seemed to pound in rhythm with Liz’s own frenzied rhythm. It wasn’t possible. He was burning up. A crazy heat spiralled and expanded. His senses were amplified to their highest capacity. His whole system was on overload and still climbing to a critical peak.

“Giving you a reason to trust me.”

It hit him like a bolt of lightening. Her lips on his and then a blinding light that scorched him from within. He couldn’t breathe. He couldn’t think. His own thoughts were being pushed aside making room for something more. Something alien. And yet Sam didn’t resist. He willingly surrendered to the outside force. The spark was only instant, quickly giving way to a brimming energy that flowed through his veins with such power. And then they came......

Liz. Liz. They were all of Liz. A spiralling sensation of every emotion she’d ever lived through. Every image of her life flashed before his eyes. He saw her at five years old, still full of hope and warmth. To the image that stood before him now, broken and beaten but oh so strong. He saw it all. Lived it all. Breathed it all. She was him and he was her. And then it suddenly ceased.

He gulped in air like a man starved for it. His body was a live wire of emotion and feeling. His mind trying to make sense of what it had just processed but unable to do so.

“What did you do to me.” He coughed out as precious air filled his lungs.

“You already know what.”

He could tell her he hadn’t got a single fucking clue about what just happened. But that would be a lie, one he wouldn’t be uttering anytime today.

“Everything’s true.” It wasn’t a question, just a statement of fact.

“Yes.”

Sam stepped back a hand haggardly driving through his hair. “Y-your-“

“Still human but not completely.”

“Yeah I think you demonstrated just how human you really are.”

Liz flinched back at the scathing insult. And once again Sam found the bitter taste of remorse clinging at the back of his throat. “That was called connecting.” He said trying to deter away from the unsettling sensation that had gripped him like a vice.

“Yes, I’ve never connected with a human before. It’s only ever been Max.”

Sam decided to brush over the topic of Liz’s dearly beloved and get straight to the point. “You saw inside my head.” He accused.

Liz shook her head vigorously from side to side. “N-No.”

Sam clenched his jaw, his fingers digging into the palm of his hands as he curled them into fists. What he wouldn’t give for a demon right now. “I know how the connection works Liz. It’s a two way deal. What did you see?”

She gulped in air, her body seeming to sag underneath an invisible weight. “Yes the connection is supposed to be a two-way pathway but I was able to stop the true connection from forming. It takes a lot of energy and control to stem the bond, but I promise you Sam I didn’t invade your privacy. I blocked out your thoughts and only showed you my own.”

Sam then took the time to notice how pale Liz looked. Her hand was gripping the wall for support. Her legs threatening to buck beneath her.

“Are you all right?” Concern flooded his features as he stepped forward.

“I’m fine.” And that’s the last thing she said before aptly fainting against the wall.
“Where the hell is she?”

“I don’t know Maria.” Michael said for the thousandth time.

“Anything could have happened to her.”

“Look I’m sure she’ll be fine.”

“Michael how can you take this so calmly?” Isabel stepped forward her tone and stature portraying the very ice queen persona she was famous for.

“Because Parker isn’t exactly your defenceless little kitten, she’s packing some serious alien voodoo”.

“That’s not the point Michael, the point is she’s missing. What if somehow the special unit got to her, what if they’ve found us!” Isabel stressed, her hand irately tugging at her golden hair.

“Exactly.” Maria jumped up. “Why can’t you get that through that thick skull of yours space boy!” Maria screeched while hitting her beau over the head.

“Maria!” Michael said through clenched teeth.

The impending argument between the on and off again couple was put to a halt as the remaining two members of their group returned.

“Did you find anything?” Isabel asked as she took in the appearance of her brother and friend. They weren’t looking their best. The storm outside had quickly put a stop to their atfer-hours search.

“No.” Kyle answered, his head leaning back to gaze at the whitewashed ceiling. His eyes couldn’t help but flutter closed as exhaustion set in.

“Cat said Liz left as soon as they’d finished closing up. ” Max said tautly, the strain of his wife’s disappearance beginning to show through. “But that was over an hour ago!”

Isabel stepped forward, her hand reaching out to squeeze her sibling’s shoulder. “We’ll find her Max.”

“Did anyone notice anything unusual at all tonight, did Liz say or do anything before we left?” Michael said taking over the reigns from his King. Ever the second in command.

Maria and Isabel both shook their heads. Max was too disheartened to answer.

“Kyle?”

The mechanic’s head snapped back to look at the tawney eyed alien. Only to mutely shake his head in answer also. Isabel’s eyes narrowed. She knew Kyle well enough to know when the Buddha loving jock was hiding something and he was definitely not telling the whole truth. What Isabel couldn’t understand was why he would willingly do so, given the circumstances of Liz’s disappearance.

Kyle gulped down the initial panic that had surfaced when lying to his friends. Truth was he had a pretty good idea where Liz was. And if his assumptions were right she wasn’t going to be alone.

Oh yeah, he was happy he got out of bed this morning.
Last edited by dstarlight on Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:03 am, edited 6 times in total.
dstarlight
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: Awakened (SN, XO, UC, Adult) Part Five 9/24

Post by dstarlight »

A/N Sorry for the delay folks I've had the flu for the last week so this chapter took a little longer then I thought it would. Thanks for being patient though, lol.

Part Five

Liz’s eyes fluttered open as light rained in from the window. She groaned as pain spliced through her vision. A pounding ache that dulled her senses making her feel terribly vulnerable. Liz wished for the warm, dark recesses that had filled her mind in the blissful state of slumber.

“You okay?”

Liz’s head rose towards the voice that shouldn’t have been there, in her house, in the bedroom that she shared with her husband. But as she slowly took in her surroundings Liz noticed she was not in her own room. She was in the motel that Sam Winchester was currently residing in. Suddenly the events from the night before became clear in her mind once again.

“What time is it?” She rasped out.

“Just after seven, after you passed out on me you slept right through.”

Liz lifted herself up. “Sorry about that.”

She was surprised to a see a slight smile tug at his lips. Making little creases form in the corner of his eyes. He should smile more often, it was so much more attractive than the frown he usually wore.

“As I was the sole reason for you collapsing I think I should be the one apologising.”

“You don’t look like the type of person who apologises for his actions.”

“I used to be.”

Liz was intrigued by the little insight he had unintentionally given. As if suddenly realising this himself Sam ducked his head and shied away from her gaze.

Interesting.

“Look Sam-”

“You okay?” He quickly cut in, not giving her a chance to voice what she was going to say. Liz sighed, it was probably for the best. Her mind was in too much of a jumble to string a coherent sentence together. Too many thoughts and ideas were battling for dominance. It was all just too hazy.

“I’m fine except for the mind splitting headache.” She grimaced as another stab of pain shot through her head.

“There’s some aspirin on the bedside table along with a glass of water.” Sam said while shrugging on a jacket.

“Where are you going?” She asked after downing the two little white pills that would hopefully put an end to the brass band that had currently taken up residence in her head.

“The diner across the street.”

Liz shuffled her way off the bed valiantly praying for the room to stop spinning. “This is not fair, I have the hangover without any of the benefits it entails.”

“What’s beneficial from a hangover?”

“The alcohol you get to consume beforehand.”

Liz thought she heard him chuckle but she couldn’t be sure.

“Coffee?” Liz turned to see Sam’s eyebrows raised in question.

She nodded. “Black, two sugars.”

Before Sam could even get to the door it flew open revealing a very frustrated Kyle laden down with what looked to be three coffees and a large paper bag, that Liz was sure held the delicious ice glazed doughnuts from the little coffee house down the street.

And she loved the ice glazed doughnuts from the little coffee house down the street!

“Hey.” Was all he said as he slammed the door shut with his foot. He shot a look towards Sam. “You might want to get that fixed.”

After placing the contents in his hands on the battered chair in the corner he made his way over to Liz, simply shaking his head in jest. “Lizzie, Lizzie, Lizzie.....what am I going to do with you.” Rolling her eyes Liz pushed passed Kyle and headed straight for the coffee and sugary goodness he had left on the seat.

Kyle’s eyes merely watched as Liz took huge gulps of the black liquid not even caring that it was scolding hot. She proceeded to bite into one of the glazed doughnuts he’d purchased before he intruded on the little twosome.

“Your welcome by the way.” He said dryly, causing Liz’s sleepy eyes yo glare at him in rebuttal.

“Excuse me but what are you doing here?” Kyle turned towards the guy who looked about ready to burst a blood vessel, he arched an eyebrow at Liz who only shrugged in response and went back to stuffing her face full of the sweet pastries he’d intended for all of them. His eyes narrowed, her energy was low and that did not bode well for Mr floppy locks over there. Kyle would not hesitate to introduce him to the finer dwellings of the motel floor if need be.

“I am here to save your ass buddy but before I do that.” He fixed his gaze on Liz. “Lizzie what did you do?”

Liz meekly took a final slurp of coffee and set it aside. “Would you believe me if I said nothing.”

“No.”

She took a breath. “Okay.....I told him.”

Kyle stepped forward a feeling of unease crawling up his spine. Liz was pretty good at blocking her emotions from him. Five years on the road had taught them both how to put up certain boundaries where their newfound abilities were concerned. “Told him what exactly?” He shot a look at the guy who had commandeered Liz’s attention from the very moment she’d laid eyes on him. In his defence the guy was hedging closer to Liz in an attempt to protect her. Kyle nearly snorted, like he would ever harm Liz in this lifetime. She was practically his sister, well as close to a sister as she could get. His sanity in all things really.

“Everything.”

And his sanity just went out the window and scuttled off down the street.
Sam glanced at the bathroom door for what seemed like the tenth time. Kyle and Liz had been in there for the last half an hour. Not much could be heard except the occasional raised voice. As the door clicked open Sam stepped back. He didn’t get much from Kyle as the other man practically slumped onto the bed in despair. With his head in his hands he mumbled something over and over again. Sam craned his head to hear better.

“Not again, not again. It was the punch wasn’t it, this is my retribution, or maybe it was the guy me and Michael fleeced at pool last week. In my defence he was never going to get any better.”

Sam felt the instant Liz approached him from behind. “What’s he doing?”

“Praying to Buddha.” She said as she stepped beside him.

Sam started to laugh only for Liz to shoot him one of those looks that Jess often gave him before aptly moving his pillow to the couch for his sleeping pleasure. Sam was suddenly struck by the similarities both women possessed. Jess had a certain carefree spirit along with a wicked sense of humour when called for. From what he had glimpsed from Liz, especially in the moments with Kyle and the flashes he’d received from her, that same spirit shined within her also. To say the train of thought his mind had taken disturbed him was putting it lightly. And because of that Sam quickly switched his thinking to other things, banishing all thoughts of Jess and Liz out of his mind. He cleared his throat. “Sorry, so Buddha huh?”

“Yep, I think I freaked him out with the whole demons are real speech.”

“He’s an alien-human hybrid.” Sam stated trying to fathom how exactly the news that the supernatural world existed would unnerve the type of man sitting in front of him.

“Something else Kyle regularly freaks out about.”

Sam nodded his head. “Good to know.”

“Kyle you cannot ignore this.” Liz said stepping towards her quasi-brother.

Kyle’s head snapped up. “Who says I’m ignoring this, I’m just trying to figure out how I’m going to keep my balls when Isabel finally finds out I was someway involved in all of this. Have you not seen a pissed off Isabel Liz? It’s frightening and scary and frankly a little unsettling.”

“Kyle everything is going to be fine. It’s not like we’re the only ones with a secret here, Sam has a secret to. Were you not paying attention during the whole demon exposé?” Liz defended to her friend.

Sam’s head was whirling at the scene before him. This was not what he expected when he woke up this morning.

“Yes and once again can we never mention that. Ever.”

Liz simply rolled her eyes. “Kyle its not going to go away.”

“Yes but Liz I’d like to ignorantly stay in the land of denial on that particular subject.”

Liz’s head drooped. “Kyle this is not the time for you to be your normal, sarcastic self.” She groaned.

“What else am I going to be, sarcastic is my thing and you love it. It gives you and the rest of the group a light relief from our oh so pretentious leader who has forever got a stick permanently shoved up his ass.”

“Kyle!”

“Come on Liz don’t tell me you haven’t been thinking the same thing since you married the guy.”

Liz’s eyes skited away, obviously refusing to admit Kyle was right.

“Come on Liz you can say it.” Kyle goaded.

“You're wrong.” She said trying desperately not to smile at Kyle’s proficient reasoning on all things Max Evans.

“Liz-“

“I knew it before we got married.” She said coyly.

Kyle grinned. “Isn’t she great?” He asked Sam.

Sam couldn’t help but smile. In so many ways he was beginning to see that Kyle had a lot of same qualities as his brother, the perverse sense of humour for one. And for that reason alone Sam found himself instantly liking the guy. “Yeah she is.” He responded his eyes instinctively going to the women in question, and he couldn’t help but notice the blush that had crept its way onto her cheeks, the red hue striking against the olive tint of her skin. She smiled sheepishly and Sam found himself once again wondering what he had gotten himself into. And if he could come out the other end unscathed.
Last edited by dstarlight on Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
dstarlight
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: Awakened (SN, XO, UC, Adult) Part Six 2/17/09

Post by dstarlight »

A/N No, you're not hallucinating, this is in fact an update! I'm so sorry for my lack of posting, I can only say life got in the way. Now series four of Supernatural has just started showing over here - so I can hopefully meld parts of where the show is going, into my own story. I wanted to wait to find out what exactly was going on regarding Supernatural, and I can happily say it all fits in nicely for what I have planned for Awakened. So enough with the rambling, here's the update. Oh and behrstars you are right, Liz, Sam and Kyle left alone in a motel room? The imagination certainly runs wild, lol. :wink:

Oh and I think it's safe to say everyone loved Kyle?

Part Six

The click of the door sounded, and Liz turned her attention back to Sam. Kyle had insistently gone on ahead, wanting to smooth things over before Liz got there. In all honesty Liz wasn’t worried - she was neither ashamed, or regretful for what she had done. It felt oddly freeing in a way. For so long she hadd just been moving on autopilot. Never seeing - never feeling. She was just silently moving through life - she became one of those people. The people who just fade into the background - and the sad thing is, the people around you don’t even notice. Yes Liz was one of those people....

Until Sam.

She couldn’t explain it. He gave her that one vision and ever since, she’s been sensitized to the world, wired to everything going on around her - especially him.

Brown eyes watched as he started to gather up his belongings - backpack, boots, books, papers, computer....... gun. Her eyes must have registered her surprise because he quickly shielded it from view - his hands making quick work of the rest of his possessions.

Biting her lip, she spoke. “I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to offend you. It’s just I wasn’t expecting you to have a.....”

“Gun,” he finished for her.

“Yeah,” she shyly nodded.

Roughly zipping up his backpack he stated. “I’m a hunter, Liz. What did you expect?”

Nervous at his sudden annoyance, Liz stuttered, “I don’t know, I’ve never met a hunter before. I didn’t even know that demons existed until a few hours ago.”

He stalked forward. His tall frame suddenly looming over her. God, why was there never any neutral ground with Sam? She could never get a clear reading off of him, never a clear picture in her mind. It was driving her absolutely crazy!

“You’re telling me that in all the years you’ve had these, visions,” Liz gulped, her feet taking a step back out of reflex more than anything. Sam arched an eyebrow at her skittishness, like he found it amusing somehow - which only made Liz’s irritation rise further. “You haven’t once seen what’s out there?” He finished.

Shaking her head she looked at him, unafraid at the hostility that once again was being thrown her way. “My visions don’t work that way, they’re more attuned to the people around me, the people I’m closest to,” Liz replied indignant as she pushed by him, spinning she rasped out. “And even if I did see something, do you really think I would want to explore it? God those images are the stuff of nightmares, and that’s what I chalked them up to, nightmares!”

“So you have had visions?” Sam pushed.

Sighing, Liz gave up. “Maybe,” the helpless admission that rushed from her lips, only seemed to rile him more.

“And you just turned your back on them!”

“Why are you making me out to be the bad guy here? I just told you I don’t know what I saw - and I’m sorry that after everything I’ve been through over the years, I didn’t want to add one more thing to a never ending list of bad things, that just seem to happen around me.”

“So why did you come here?”

The question stalled her. Her eyes widened and Liz found it hard to form a thought, let alone a sentence. Why had she come here? It’s something she hadn’t really asked herself - she’d acted purely on instinct, she didn’t question it. All Liz knew was that it felt right - to be here - with him.

“I don’t know.”

She watched as he clenched his jaw, his eyes darting to every object in the room - everything but her. And then, it was like he just gave up. His shoulders sagged - his expression morphed into a blank canvas, one she couldn’t even begin to interpret. And then he just went back to packing up his things - it was as if nothing had transpired between them at all. Liz would give anything to know what he was thinking, give anything to understand the tortured essence that always seemed to be present within him.

“Why are you so cold?” Liz whispered the words, but she knew he heard them.

He froze, his whole body stiffening. He was like a tightly wound up elastic band, any minute know she was expecting him to snap.

“I never used to be.”

Liz felt his reluctance to utter those words - he wanted to stay closed off from everything, indifferent to others feelings and movements. But, as much as he wanted that, Liz sensed that a tiny part of him also wanted to let go - and let someone else guide him through whatever pain he was suffering from.

“You said that once before,” she stepped forward.

Clearing his throat Sam’s eyes strayed to the murky window - his gaze landing on the black Chevy Impala in the lot below. “Yeah well, that was before.”

Hesitantly Liz edged forward, taking small steps until she was by his side. Gently her hand came out, the fingers wrapping silently around his arm - she felt as the muscles flexed underneath her grip - there was power there, she sensed it.

“Before what?”

“My brother.”

Her eyebrows pinched together as she recalled her vision the night before. He had been in so much pain. She’d barely seen the person who consumed the image - but she had felt him. Felt each soul ripping thing - and it had been agonizing.

“What about your brother?”

He jerked. It seemed whatever calm had descended over him was roughly released. He snapped back, snatching his arm away from her. “I don’t want to talk about Dean, okay.”

He bolted to the bathroom, Liz heard as he opened cupboards and draws, only to slam them shut.

Frowning Liz’s eyes fixed onto the car that had rivetted Sam’s attention - only one thing was occupying her thoughts.

Dean?
“Oh don’t worry, Kyle. Everything will be fine, Kyle. You won’t get your balls zapped by a severely pissed off ice maiden, Kyle. Oh nooooo.” He mumbled to himself as he rubbed the tender spot on his head.

Okay, so maybe he didn’t get his balls fried off, but he got hit over the head with a newspaper. And to him that was sort of the same thing, so he didn’t really give a shit about the technicalities.

“What the hell are you mumbling about?” Isabel grumbled, her glare making him want to shrivel up and die, or get down on his knees and beg her for ultimate forgiveness. God, and he was supposed to be a man?

“Nothing, just thinking to myself.”

“Well think quieter, Buddha boy.”

Buddha boy? Oh, now that hurt.

“What are we going to tell Max?”

Isabel was pacing up and down. Her mind working over in a tirade no doubt. Heck, she was probably having thoughts of major freak out material. And Kyle couldn’t really blame her - he had done the exact same thing earlier this morning - in fact, he had actually locked himself in the bathroom. Not one of his proudest moments he’ll admit, but seriously, demons!

She spun round. “Demons, as in demons!”

Took the thought right out of my head, princess. “Yep.”

“This is insane.”

“And aliens from another planet aren’t?” He quipped back.

Isabel glowered at him, her eyebrows raising as if daring him to continue.

Annnd, he was shutting up now.

Squirming back into the sofa Kyle watched as Isabel resumed her Nazi like pacing.

Oh yeah, Lizzie owed him big.
He stopped, turning to look around him. There was nothing here. He was in the middle of freaking nowhere!

Sighing deeply, his hazel eyes squinted against the burning light - trying to make out anything - when he failed to, he let the one thought that he’d been thinking ever since he ‘woke up’ croak from his lips.

Damn it, Sammy. Where are you?