Death Is A Playground (UC/CC,ADULT) Ch 41 1/15/11 [WIP]

This is the place where fics that have not been updated in the past three months will be moved until the author asks a mod to move them back to an active board.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, truelovepooh, Forum Moderators

darkmoon
Addicted Roswellian

Death Is A Playground (UC/CC, Adult) Ch 30 ~ 1/8

Post by darkmoon »

Disclaimer: Okagi does exist. And yes, every time I play it, I think of Max. I don't own it... I don't own the rights to it. I own the game, it's on my shelf right now.

Carrie ~ Thank you so much for worrying about me. Thank you for loving Ch 29. Thank you for all your support!!! I am giddy that you are so supportive of this fic. I love that you think it's good enough to be THE recommended fic. *Blush*

B ~I hope you like this as much. Rath rocks! *Huggles*

Saavik ~ I keep losing my fb for you... I think Vista doesn't like you. *nods* Thank you for being worried for me and all your support!!!

Rach ~ I hope you keep loving this fic. *Snuggles*

Behrstars ~ Thank you for liking this! Maria is one of those people who thinks how is this going to affect me, before others.

Kara ~ Thank you for all your support. I'm thankful that you've actually started rooting for Tess/Alex. ^.^ Max needed a purpose, and he's finally realized that and has become better person for it. I'm giddy that you enjoy Rath, he's such a joy to write. Thank you for letting me know I'm getting Kal right! ^.^ Maria needs a hard realization and it'll come in this chapter.

Lena ~ THANK YOU!! I hope you are enjoying this as much as I enjoy writing it. Just so you know, I post every Thurs. It's come to be known to my hardcore fans as DiP Day! LOL! I'm thankful that Carrie recommended it to you and even more thankful that you're enjoying it! Seki just needs to stop being spastic and I'll have another DoZ soon. LOL!

K ~ It's been a while girlfriend! Lol. I'm glad you like Kal and his butt being kicked. Answers will come in their own time. ^.^ I'm glad you loved Tess smacking Maria. She needed it. *Huggles* BtVS and AtS are some of the best series ever!! Thanks!!!

V ~ Love ya!!!

Chapter 30

Future Liz looked at the group, sizing up each person carefully.

“You said powers. I don’t have any. Alex, Liz, and Kyle don’t have either. How are we going to be help?” Maria’s tone was still snide, but there was a hint of willingness to help.

“Actually, I seem to be manifesting powers.” Liz piped up.

“Kyle should be sparking soon too.” Ava walked over to him, wrapping her arms around his left arm. She leaned her forehead against his shoulder. “I can sense it.”

“Why can you sense these things and I can’t?” Tess perked up.

“I would like to know why Liz is starting to have powers.” Maria butted in.

“Max’s gift of life had side effects. I think that’s how you put it, right?” Liz questioned Future Liz.

“So we’re all supposed to almost die so that Max can juice us up?” Maria looked confused and slightly scared.

“No. Maria, that isn’t your path.” Future Liz shook her head. “Powers was the wrong wording. I mean we need to work on our strengths. Tess’ is her mental abilities. She needs to learn to control her mind warps. She needs to refine them and understand what they do to the human mind.” Future Liz pointed out simply. “Rath and Michael’s powers are very similar in the brut strength of power blasts. Rath’s more of a close combat fighter, while Michael is more of a sharp shooter.”

“How do you know this? Did the magic cone talk to you again?” Maria snarled. “And if you know so much, what’s my path?”

“You have a split path. You can either help or hinder us. I love you. You were like a sister to me, even when we were falling out, even when you gave up our friendship for a friendship with my husband. Even through that all that, I still love you. But if you hinder us, I will never forgive you.” Future Liz crossed her arms, her eyes serious and cold.

“Why does everyone seem to think I’m the bad guy?” Maria threw her arms up in confusion. The look in Future Liz’s eyes scared Maria deeper then any of her words could.

“I don’t think you’re the bad guy, Maria. I just think you’re very selfish. Everyone is at that age. It’s just that at this point, everyone; with the exception of you, Michael and Isabel have realized what’s at stake. I’ve heard Michael and Isabel smacked down just as often as you. It’s your need to be the center of attention that makes it seem like we are all picking on you.” Future Liz explained nonchalantly.

“How can you be so cold?” Maria’s confusion deepened; who this person was before her? The lack of emotion aside from the anger and hatred seemed very un-Liz like. She didn’t understand her. She wanted to help, but seeing Liz hanging off Zan reminded her that she wasn’t with Michael, who had deemed it too dangerous to be with humans. Yet Alex had made a connection with Tess, which filled Maria with anger. Alex, her sweet male best friend was making nice with the woman, who in another lifetime killed him. It couldn’t and maybe in a way, wouldn’t compute. “I’m lost, Liz. It might seem easy for everyone, but it’s not for me. I’m running without a rudder. I’m dealing with a lot. I know Max has found his path of dealing with the lack of our Liz in his life. But I’m trying to deal with something dropped in my lap. I’m learning most of things we knew, are lies. So, Liz, tell me, what am I supposed to do? What is my path if I help you?”

“Give up your anger, Maria. It is as simple as that and through that lays the path of helping. Hindering is to hold on to this anger that drives you. It’s the anger that says all men are going to leave you like your father. The same anger that makes you wear victimhood like a badge of honor.” Future Liz shook her head. “I’m cold because my rage doesn’t burn hot. It’s frozen me from the inside out. I lost my son, my family, and I know I can fix it. By fixing it though, I destroy that family I mean to save. The people you’ll become, they aren’t the people I lost.” Future Liz stroked a finger down Maria’s face, as she stared deep in her eyes. “You have a shot here, are you willing to take it?”

Maria was frightened to see the truth that Future Liz’s eyes held. Yet, it compelled her to look deeper into the deadened eyes that never seemed to shine with the sparkle of her Liz’s held. In an instant, Maria could see it. The woman Future Liz had been, the Liz that Maria had shared her dreams, hopes and fears with. Maria realized she was worried and hurting for the wrong reasons. Zan didn’t take her Liz away anymore then Alex had. Maria was trying to make Liz’s break up with Max fit into her abandonment fear, and the stark realization startled her deeper then anything, even more then Michael quoting her ‘Ulysses’.

“What do you say, Maria?” Future Liz’s smile was a soft, but still sad one. “What’s your decision?”

“I have no clue how you can use me, but…” Maria took a deep breath, and looked over at Liz. “I’m here. It’s going to take time to not rush to judge, but Liz… Chica…” Maria held out her arms to her friend for the first time since Future Liz had appeared in this time.

Liz ran into her arms, hugging her tightly. “Thank you, Maria. Thank you.” Liz murmured into her shoulder, as Maria’s hand stroked Liz’s hair.

“Can I’s get into dis?” Rath walked up. “I’s can gets into dat Italian threesome.” Rath wiggled his eyebrows, as he started to wrap his arms around the two girls.

“It’s French.” Alex butted in.

“Whaz, Micro?” Rath cocked his head.

“Ménage a trios is French, not Italian.” Alex shook his head. “And I have a feeling you already knew that.”

“Hows ya figure, Micro?” Rath walked back from his attempt at a hug.

“I’ve figured you out, which scares the shit out of me on so many levels.” Alex shook his head. “You say things we expect from you. It’s your way of helping moral.” Alex laughed. “You are a good General. You know what your troops need to keep going. Michael can order us around, he can tell us strategies. You’re the one who has kept us from killing each other all those times we wanted to, but you are also the one who breaks up the sappiness that bogs us down from time to time.” Alex held a hand pointing out Maria and Liz who had stopped hugging, but were still standing close. “Exhibit A. You are also the one who stopped Future Max from making more of a fool of himself in Ohio.”

“He is a great General, but if he tries to molest my wife, I will kill him.” Zan teased with a hint of steel showing the honesty in the statement, his eyes looking to each person, reminding them of finality.

“Yo, Duke. Get dat.” Rath nodded. “Can I gets wit da blond?”

“As long as Maria does not protest, I have no hold on her.” Zan shook his head.

“Umm… No.” Maria shook her head, and inched behind Liz.

“Once ya go alien, ya don’ts go back. I can respect dat. Don’ts want ta be ruined for da rest.” Rath nodded sagely.

“I think Alex is talking out of his ass.” Michael shook his head. “Do you think about anything else except sex?” Michael stepped up to look at Rath.

“Whaz I dink of, it’d blow you’s mind. You’s dink small. Whaz I’s going ta do taday? Me’s?” Rath pointed to himself. “I dink far in vance. Will’s dis ‘ning Russian Rolls da winter plan? We’s need ta start like dat. Kal, he’s a whiny bitch. Looks at him.” Rath finally acknowledged Kal’s existence in the group. “What’s dis mean for da group? I’s knows dat ‘Rena need dat bitch. Hows? Whaz for? Need ta start askin’ like dat.”

“I have no clue, but she wanted me here so bad that the Granolith has demanded my presence.” Kal glared at Rath. “This isn’t some trip down memory lane. I didn’t want to come back here, ever.”

“You’s such da Granolith’s bitch.” Rath laughed. “Da more ‘Rena does shit, da more I like’s her.”

“Well, now that’s we’ve uncovered the mysteries of the universe, we need to train.” Future Liz walked up to Rath. “I want you to try to hit me.”

“Whaz?” Rath’s face was one of confusion and fear. “I’s don’t hit girls.”

“You need to learn. The Skins aren’t going to be just male.” Future Liz pulled Rath away from the group. “Now you can’t accidently hit anyone else. Now, try to hit me.”

“Duke?” Rath looked to Zan for help.

“Don’t ask for help. I don’t think you can hit me. You are too chicken shit. You know you can’t touch me.” Future Liz smirked, as she tapped Rath’s leg with her foot.

“Bitch! I don’t wanna fuck wit dat pretty face of you’s.” Rath growled at being called Chicken Shit.

“Chicken Shit. I didn’t realize the great General was such a woman about fighting.” Future Liz’s smirk grew wider.

“Dat’s it.” Rath cracked his knuckles, then looked over at Zan and Max. “Duke, Bitch, get ready ta fix Queenie!” then threw a punch.

Future Liz moved to the side just in time, her pupile milky white, as she waved Rath to hit her again.

Rath smiled as he realized she was showing him that powers didn’t have to be used the way everyone thought. He started to kick and punch, his hits meant to land, but never did.

“What the Hell?!” Kal blinked as he watched the two, which seemed more like a dance then a fight.

Rath started to hit, but instead of a fist, his hand shot out an energy blast. “You’s a crazy bitch. If’s you’s wasn’t all Grannie-like I’d fuck ya.” Rath smirked as the energy blast missed Future Liz’s head by inches.

“If you weren’t grubby and nasty, I’d think about for a second. Then I’d realize I don’t go for the small dick type.” Future Liz sneered in a playful manner, her eyes never showing the brown orbs that was her normal color. “Watch and learn, Rath already has.” Future Liz allowed Rath’s uppercut to ghost against her cheek as she moved her head away.

Rath started to mix up his fighting style between hits and kicks with the occasional power blasts.

“I get it. We need to learn to use what we already have.” Zan nodded. “Queenie already said that Rath was good for close combat. Michael, I think you need to start practicing long distance energy blasts. Liz, my love, we need to find out what your powers are going to be. Maria, since you have decided to join us, you are eyes and ears. We’ll need to invade the town before we can start a full on assault. Nicholas knows what the Royal Four looks like. On the other hand, he doesn’t realize that you know our secret, let alone that you are willing to help us.”

“Congresswoman Whitamaker is a Skin.” Future Liz called out, as she ducked another of Rath’s power blasts.

“We need to get Kyle’s dad to look into the plans of her building. We’ll need to find out what she knows.” Zan explained.

“I have a job with her. I can get us in.” Liz added.

“I do not want you in the line of fire.” Zan disagreed.

“I’m already in the line of fire, but if you want to fight about that, we will… later.” The look on Liz’s face was one of unbending, and unyielding.

“I guess I’m defense.” Max shook his head. “My powers are mostly healing and protection based.”

“You’s Ari from dat game… Da one wit da shadow king.” Lonnie smirked.

“What?” Max shook his head.

“It is a Playstation game. We got one during one of our runs.” Zan explained.

“I know that one!” Alex exclaimed. “The one with the character that didn’t talk and had a popular sister that was a total bitch, that one is Okagi.”

At the mention of popular sister, everyone’s eyes slide to Isabel.

“Well it’s good to know they made a game based on Max’s life.” Kyle mocked. “Alex can play hacker boy. And I’ll play the dumb jock, a job I do so well.”

“Don’t even go there, Kyle. You know you are just as important as the rest of us. Dumb jock, my ass. You’ve been instrumental in this.” Liz disagreed.

“Whaz be whaz we do? Go boogie woogie on da Skin?” Lonnie pointed to Isabel and herself. “We’s got jack on da way of powers. Playin’ in dreamland not all big and bad like.”

“Not true.” Liz butted in. “Everyone needs to dream. It’s a perfect way to pass information without having to actually talk to the person.”

“I can’ts talk in dem. I can watch and fuck wit dem. No talkie wit da playa.” Lonnie shook her head.

“I can’t manipulate dreams. I can only watch and interact if I want to.” Isabel looked over at Lonnie realizing that they might be clones, but the powers were slightly different.

“I’s can’t play mind fucks like Double Mint.” Ava added. “I’s can read peoples, powers and such. Plus, little bitta pyro in da mix.”

“My shield is stronger then my healing ability. I can also power blast, and converse with the Granolith from long distances. I can not say what else I am able to do since my crowning.” Zan added.

Future Liz stopped her sparing with Rath. The weary, but accomplished look shone in her eyes. She limped over to the group, an arm slung over Rath’s shoulder.

“Grasshopper here has learned much.” Future Liz’s eyes held a less cold, more pleased look.

Future Max finally spoke from his musing, and looked around. “What can I do?”

“You can heal my muscles. I’m sore.” Future Liz motioned to her legs. “We are going to be sore, and the fact that we have three healers will come in real handy.”

“I’s wanna keep Queenie. She’s kickin’.” Rath wiggled his eyebrows, before wincing as Future Liz pinched him.

Future Max leaned down, taking Future Liz’s leg in his hands. Looking up into her eyes, the connection was made instantly. He saw flashes of a young boy, who he could assume was Zanny. It was filled with love and devotion that awed him, and filled him with sadness that he never had that experience with his Liz.

Kal looked at the group. “Well, at least you are starting to think like a group.” With a sigh, Kal looked back towards the caves. “If you need me, I’ll be checking on Serena,” and walked back towards the Pod Chamber.
Last edited by darkmoon on Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.
My Author's Page ~ Click on picture

I will never know the sweet love of Milk! ~ Khivar in Through The Looking Glass
darkmoon
Addicted Roswellian

Death Is A Playground (UC/CC, Adult) Ch 31 ~ 1/15

Post by darkmoon »

B ~ Thank you!!! Through it all, you are my light. Thank you for all your support. ^.^

Saavik ~ I pray that Vista doesn't eat this feedback. Thank you! Thank you for everything!!!!

Carrie ~ There are no words, Carrie. No words to define how awesome you are and thankful that I am your friend. Seki says hi. And your feedback is amazing!!

Rach ~ Wishing Maria walked away from the group doesn't make it bad. Makes it normal. LOL. I'm glad you enjoyed this part!!

AlysLuv ~ Thank you very much!!

V ~ Txting that to me while I was without a modem was so awesome!!! THANK YOU!!! I'm blushing by the way. #^.^#

K ~ Thanks!!!! I'm so happy that Rath amuses you. He amuses me to no end. I figure with the nicknames, these are street kids. The girls at work have little nicknames for me too. Anywhere from Heifer (cause we are all big girls in the office) to Baby Girl. ^.^

Lena ~ Thank you so very very much!!

Kara ~ I hope you are feeling better! And I can't wait to see your fb!! ^.^

Chapter 31

“Don’t we need him here while we’re planning our assault on the Skin’s home base?” Maria demanded as the group watched Kal walk away.

“Actually, Kal is staying here. Someone has to watch over Serena.” Future Liz looked over at Kyle. “I’ve also asked your dad to stay, Kyle.”

“I understand. We don’t want anyone to be able to trace him back here. I mean we can be explained away as just drifters. Dad, he carries himself like a Sheriff.” Kyle nodded. “Also, before we started to figure out our strengths you mentioned weapons. I can use a shotgun. I’d rather have that then a pistol.”

“Why?” Tess cocked her head towards Kyle, noticing a distinct spark of leadership and power. She mused to herself that maybe this was what Ava was talking about.

“It’s easier to hit someone upside the head with a butt of a rifle, then pistol whip them.” Kyle explained, his arm wrapping around Ava in an unconscious act of protection from the things he spoke of.

“I told you once Kyle that I needed you to play this one to win. And like always, you don’t disappoint me.” Future Liz smiled at Kyle’s aggressiveness towards strategy.

“How are we going about this? Queenie, do you know the location of the Skins’ base? It will save us some unnecessary work.” Zan demanded.

“I thought when you gained the new language; you’d stop calling me Queenie.” Future Liz looked slightly annoyed by the nickname, but sighed in defeat, “Copper Canyon.”

“Firstly, my language may be more refined, but how I choose to refer to people is not defined by any set of rules. I have called you Queenie since you appeared to us. I will not change my mind now.” Zan shook his head. “Secondly, thank you for the location.”

“I didn’t do it for you.” Future Liz shook her head as she walked back to the caves. “I’m going to check on Kal.”

“Queenie seem all funky-like.” Rath stared after her. “I’s not all about hers all hot, cold moody PMS. Messing wit da mojo. We’s all dink we’s be bad ass, and she go all ‘Not for ya’ crap. Fuck dat. She be carrying too much.”

“It is not our place to make demands from her, my friend.” Zan placed a hand on Rath’s shoulder. “We should just be thankful that we have a compatriot that fights with us.”

“Waz be compay mean?” Rath rolled his eyes. “Duke, dis new lingo kinda funk-tastic.”

“Now you understand how we feel with your ‘lingo’.” Alex grumbled under his breathe.

“What are we doing with Future Max?” Michael butted in.

“You aren’t doing anything with me.” Future Max shook his head in annoyance. “I’m a fighter. I might not seem like much, but I’ve been fighting Khivar’s forces longer then any of you have.”

“Then you can help us create a plan of attack. We’ll need to have one before we even start spying on them.” Liz added. “I want to know what we are getting ourselves into before we start anything.”

“I agree with Liz. We need to know what we are up against. We know that they took out Nasedo.” Max crossed his arms, and stepping close to Liz to show his support.

“Maybe this is why Future Liz left us. She knew by leaving, we’d be forced to talk to each other instead of looking to her for answers. I mean, I know it seems wrong, but I look to Future Liz for answers to what we’re supposed to do.” Alex shrugged. “We need to start figuring things out on our own.”

“When did you get to be the brains of the operation?” Maria teased.

“I’m not the brains; I’m just getting to be good at observing things.” Alex shook his head. “I think Maria and I should be paired up for spy work. She can talk her way out of any situation.”

“What you for? My backup?” Maria poked Alex in the side for the comment about her talking ability.

“You really are self absorbed.” Tess sighed, and shook her head.

“Excuse me?” Maria glared at Tess.

“You heard me. This doesn’t have to do with you. Heck it doesn’t have anything to do with any of us as individuals. We need to start thinking like a group. Isabel, Michael, Lonnie? You three have been the quietest of the group. Do you have anything to add?” Tess placed the spotlight on the three.

“I’s say gets me a pic of da Whittake chickie, and I’s fuck wit her head so much like dat she too all ‘out ta get me’ like ta even fart.” Lonnie shrugged. “Use dis power for more ta killz boredom.”

“It’s Whittaker.” Isabel corrected, before having Lonnie snort.

“Whaz ever. Names not big, faces… dats where’s da magic is.” Lonnie explained as she stretched, as if getting ready to run a race.

Michael looked at the group. “How are we sure our powers work the way Future Liz says they will?”
“Only one way to know for sure,” Max butted in. “Target practice in your future, Michael.”

“Whaz you doing, Maxie?” Ava questioned trying to see what the game plan was.

“I’m going to work on trying to heal without draining my resources.” Max explained. “Also perfecting my shield would be helpful too.”

“Since I did a lot of healing in my time, I can try to help you with that.” Future Max added his two cents in.

“Thanks.” Max nodded.

“Liz and I will work on what being crowned does to our powers, and exactly what powers Liz possesses. We can’t be sure she’s going to gain the precognition that Queenie did.” Zan explained his part of the plan.

“I need to work with Ava. I figure if we can see how our powers work, and the differences in what we do, we can perfect them.” Tess looked over at Kyle and Ava for agreement.

Alex walked over and took Tess’ hand. “I think that’s a great idea.”

Tess blushed under Alex’s praise. It was easy to see the deepening friendship and a hint of maybe something more that seemed to bloom.

“Whaz I do?” Rath looked around. “Queenie went and showed all dat pony.”

“I need you to protect Queenie, Kal and Serena while we find our footing.” Zan explained. “Now, we need to start now. The faster we learn what we need to, the faster we can save the world.”
Last edited by darkmoon on Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

darkmoon
Addicted Roswellian

Death Is A Playground (UC/CC, Adult) Ch 32 ~ 2/19

Post by darkmoon »

Saavik ~ Thank you for your constant support and your willingness to help me find another job since you know what this is doing to me. Thank you for your im's and just the love. It means the world to me.

Rach ~ Thank you so much! I hope you enjoy this chapter just as much.

Carrie ~ There are no words. I think I squeed harder then I should have getting your bump and request for the month to be over. You have been one of my loudest cheerleaders and there is no doubt in anyone's mind why you are the VP of my fanclub. LOL! Your constant txts have made life at work a heck of a lot easier and knowing that you miss this makes writing a joy and not a chore. Thank you.

B ~ There are no words to the amount of love I have for you. Because you have picked me up during some of the lowest points of this month. You also shared my joy when I came home and showed the things I did to keep myself going, like the new hair color. LOL! You've pushed me harder on this story then I've ever been pushed. By pushed, I don't mean forced me to write when I didn't. You've pushed me to know my limits, to accept them, and work around my perfectionism. I'm so glad that this story is as good as I hoped, but it's because of you that I didn't burn myself out. THANK YOU!!!!!

V ~ I love you too!!! I am so glad that you love this story and I'm glad that you have been a shining star during this month of hell. Thank you for all your support, it's mean the world to me.

Kara ~ I hope you are ok!!! I haven't heard from you since your last chapter update. And I am hoping that this finds you well. I'm glad that you love this story so much that it takes to posts to review two chapters. It means the world to me. Thank you so much!!! I hope to hear from you soon!!!

Chapter 32

It took a few days of training in the New Mexican heat before Michael started to realize that Future Liz was right. While it was apparent from Rath’s little display of power blasts while sparring, Michael seemed to be more at ease and better precision at farther way targets.

As he blew up another rock in the distance he could feel eyes boring through this back. He looked over to see the harbinger of doom starting at him with her cold brown eyes. He wasn’t sure why it always felt like she was staring through him. He didn’t want to bring up his feelings of unease with Max, since everyone with the exception of Isabel and himself seemed to feel secure in her presence.

He stared at her, daring her to be the first to look away. The sound of Max’s jeep startled him out of his battle of wits.

His gaze broke as he turned towards the sound, to see Isabel climbing out.

“What are you doing here?” Michael seemed sure that Isabel would never willingly come out there, not after the horrors that were laid out at their feet so many times by Future Liz.

“I need to talk to her. I’ve been practicing my dream walking and the things I’ve seen…” Isabel shook her head as if to shake the fearful thoughts from her mind’s eye. “I need to know if what I’ve seen is real.”

“What did you see? Is she what she says she is? Have you talked to Max about this? If Max won’t listen; how about Zan?” Michael shook his head. “Wait… if Max isn’t going to listen, then sure the hell, Zan isn’t.”

“If they are real, then she’s exactly what she says she is.” Isabel placed her arms around her as if to ward off a chill. Her eyes locked up at the figure that had held his gaze only moments before.

“What were they?” Michael demanded. He felt a stab of fear run through him. He knew that no matter what she told him, it wouldn’t erase it from her memory.

“I thanked her…” Isabel murmured softly as if to herself. Tears weld in her eyes as she looked back at Michael. “I thanked her. I’ve never thought I could be so grateful in my life, but I saw it in my eyes. She placed the gun to my head, and I thanked her for putting me out of my misery.”

“She killed you?” Michael roared. The fight or flight response kicked in as he started towards the Pod Chamber to choke the life out of the harpy that hurt his family. The only thing that stopped him was Isabel pulling at his arm.

“No, Michael. You don’t understand.” Isabel dug heels into the dirt as she pulled him back from his mission.

“What don’t I understand? You said she killed you.” Michael glared at Isabel, the demand to be let go flashing in his eyes.

“And I said I thanked her for it. You don’t understand, you weren’t there. I wasn’t even there, but I saw in her nightmares… She killed us all, to save us. We both know you’ve read Sophie’s Choice. Except instead of having to pick one of us, she had a choice. She could kill us on our own terms, or let Khivar kill us on his. She gave us the better part of the deal.” The tears that Isabel had held back slipped down her cheeks making raindrops in the sand.

Michael’s fight left him as he realized what Isabel had been saying all along. It slammed into him like a ton of bricks, as his breath was punched from his lungs. He sank to the ground, the realization not only of what Future Liz had done for them, but the knowledge of his own inability to protect his family.

“I need to know if they are memories, or fears.” Isabel whispered as she watched Future Liz turn on her heels and stomp back into the cave. “I think I already have my answer.”

Michael turned to see the empty spot where Future Liz had been standing moments ago. “I want to be there.”

“I can’t just walk up to her and ask if she killed our future selves to save us from a fate worse then death? I don’t know if I can even ask her sort of.” Isabel looked lost. “I just know that I need to know.”

Michael stood up, and turned to caves. Isabel placed a hand on his arm in support.

“Then I’ll ask. I never had any problems with pissing people off.” Michael shook off Isabel’s grip as he started his march towards the chamber.

Isabel trailed behind him, her hands wringing in worry, both from the answer and the way the question would be formed.

The Pod Chamber was cooler then desert heat, chilling the sweat on Michael’s skin. A chill raced across Michael’s skin. It reminded him of the first meeting with Future Liz. Dread formed in his stomach as he knew that all his fears of the future were true.

“Yes?” Her voice was ice, and it was easy for Michael to imagine her as the Ice Queen of Narnia. It would less painful than to think of her as Liz. From the moment he had heard her tale, he had separated the two people in his head.

Yet Isabel’s need for the truth, which was usually his mantra, had merged the two people in his mind into a throbbing knowledge that the girl that had protected their secret and had stood up to him in a dank alley was the same woman who had watched her family die.

“We need to talk.” Michael winced has his voice came out harsher than he intended.

“About what, Michael? You can barely stand being in my presence, and I’m pretty sure that if you thought you could, you’d convince Max that I was the enemy.” Future Liz’s voice cut him to the bone. It hurt that she could see him so clearly. It only served as a reminder that they had become family somewhere down the road.

“Well…” Michael was at a loss for words.

“Thanks for the help, Michael.” Isabel rolled her eyes, her arms wrapping around her middle. Isabel turned to look at Future Liz; she could see the tired lines that slightly blackened the skin beneath the eyes. The silver hairs that stood in stark contrast deep chocolate brown hair. The scar that ran like a macabre necklace only served to remind her of the nightmare and the reasoning behind their march to this woman.

“I need to know…” Isabel stuttered out before her voice left her. The simple thought of voicing the visions that haunted her that night stripped her of vocal communication.

Michael looked around, realizing he didn’t want Kal or Rath to know. “Where are the others?”

“Kal decided he needed to nap in a real bed. I sent Rath and Future Max out to pick up lunch. We’re alone, so you can stop worrying that someone will see you here.” Future Liz mocked before turning to rub a hand against Serena’s pod. “Serena’s here, but everyone seems to forget that.”

“How can we forget the creepy kid growing in Max’s pod?” Michael shuddered.

“Michael, we’re getting off subject.” Isabel was thankful to find her voice again, if only to chastise Michael.

“Isabel, to get off subject, we need to actually bring one up. The only subject I’ve heard so far is the whereabouts of people.” Future Liz decided the rude method would keep them from asking. She knew that if she got Michael mad enough, she wouldn't have to worry about the questions she saw in Isabel’s eyes, the same ones she didn’t want to answer.

“Did you kill us in the future?” Isabel rushed out, praying that her knees would hold her as she held her breath for the answer.

“Yes.” Future Liz closed her eyes, hating herself for the answer. She could feel the tears she had thought dried up prick at her eyelids. She willed them back; she didn’t have time to break down. She had done so too many times already.

“Thank you.” Isabel staggered to hug Future Liz. Isabel corrected herself, Liz. She was holding Liz. It didn’t matter that she was from six years in a future that no longer existed. This woman in her arms was Liz, the same Liz whose nail polish she’d changed to match her flip flops. It hurt to know that the things she saw were true. It wasn’t because she was afraid of death, even though she was. The thought that Liz, any Liz, had to do that to save the family she loved broke Isabel in ways she didn’t realize was in her.

Michael looked away from the scene. Isabel and Liz hugging like two shaking leaves in a thunder storm. He felt a sense of pain that he placed with the idea of his lost home, at the sight of them. It was a shock at the understanding that the pain wasn’t about a home he never saw, but about his family that he couldn’t save from that loss.

“I’m sorry.” The words came rushed and soft. It was almost as if Michael hadn’t spoken at all, except for the heartache in the eyes of Future Liz as she looked at him.

“You have nothing to be sorry for.” Future Liz shook her head, as she loosened her arms around Isabel’s frame.

“I didn’t protect you. I didn’t protect my family. I’m sorry you had to do what I should have been strong enough to do. We shouldn’t have been in that situation in the first place. I should have protected you all from that. I’m sorry I didn’t, that I couldn’t.” Michael looked down at his hands, as if seeing the blood of his family on them.

“Don’t take that burden, Michael.” Future Liz slide from Isabel’s loosened embrace. She stood in front of him, taking his hands in hers. “I failed you. If you want to be angry with anyone, be angry with me.”

“For doing what I should have?” Michael looked up from their joined hands, to her eyes. The cold was still there, it was like she was frozen on the inside. It hurt to know that he had a hand in that. It might not have been his hand, but a Michael in a future far from his own did this to her, but it hurts the same.

“For not doing it sooner,” Future Liz leaned up for a moment, kissing Michael’s cheek before letting go of his hands and stepping away. “I need some time alone. You’ve received the answers you’ve sought. I need time to come to terms with that, because now that you know how you died… I can’t undo that. I’m sorry.” She turned away from them and walked into the Granolith Chamber.

Isabel started to walk after her, but Michael placed a hand on her shoulder. “She’s right.” He looked away from Isabel’s accusing face.

She wanted to scream that Liz was hurting. She wasn’t sure when that actually started to matter to her. Honestly, Isabel rarely let any issues involving Liz skim across her thoughts.

Michael shook his head. “I knew what I needed, and I know what you needed. She’s never going to get what she needs, so let her have time. We should get back anyways. My shift starts in a half hour.”

Isabel started to follow Michael out of the cave, but looked back for a moment wishing that she could give Future Liz what she needed.
Last edited by darkmoon on Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

darkmoon
Addicted Roswellian

Death Is A Playground (UC/CC, Adult) Ch 33 ~ 5/13

Post by darkmoon »

B ~ You are amazing!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!

Carrie ~ I really hope you enjoy this!!! I am so happy that you love this fic.

Rach ~ I am finally back, and I'm glad you still love this!!!

V ~ I hope this blows you away again!! I love ya!!

Natalie ~ Thank you very much!!!

K ~ Thank you very very much!!!!

Saavik ~ I hope you feel better!! And I hope you enjoy this!!!

Kara ~ I hope this was worth the very long wait!!!! *whispers* I'm not worth of a writer, but Kara wants to hear me say that I'm good*

Ava ~ Sorry for taking forever!!! I hope it was worth it!!!

Syikana ~ Thank you very much!!!! I hope it was worth it!!!

Chapter 33

Liz looked at her hands as she sat on her bed. It was hard to think that she was gaining powers, but at the same time she could feel them flowing through her. They raced under her skin like an itch begging to be scratched. It reminded her of the time when she had chicken pox, the constant itch that taunted her every thought. Relief was only found in the presence of her husband.

A knock on her window startled her out of her revere. She turned to see her reprieve opening her window.

“You shouldn’t be here!” Liz walked over to Zan as he climbed into her room.

“You say it, but I know what your heart says.” Zan leaned down and pulled his wife into a kiss.

Liz kissed back, before pushing him away. She could feel the power surge drain from her like a shaken bottle of soda. It gushed into him, which seemed to excite him.

Zan pulled away, the power tickling his senses. He could feel something growing in his chest. He smirked at Liz before walking back out to the balcony.

“What’s going on, Zan?” Liz was confused by his change in demeanor, but followed him.

“I was unsure how this new power was going to affect the world around me.” Zan shrugged, grabbing Liz’s hand. “I need you to focus on pushing that power into me.”

“What power?” Liz threaded her fingers through his, still confused.

“You know what power; the power that seems to drain into me when we touch.” Zan pulled Liz into a kiss again, drawing on the power. He placed his hand out, palm out, as if he was about to put his shield up. The shield appeared except it was a sphere.

Liz could see the energy shifting through it like the skin of a giant soap bubble. Her thoughts turned to pushing the energy, or at least she hoped she was pushing the energy into Zan. As she did, the bubble solidified, which reminded her of Plexiglas.

“We are unstoppable.” Zan whispered, as he let the hardened shield liquefy.

“We…” Liz stopped as images crashed into her. She could see a town. Kyle with a double barreled shotgun back to back with Rath who was using his power blasts were so vivid, Liz could swear she could smell the gunpowder. Liz closed her eyes at the sight.

“Liz?” Zan’s voice seemed so far away, as Future Liz in hand to hand combat with a young man with brown hair exploded behind Liz’s eyelids. She could see human bodies being grown. She realized that these were the Skins. A ripping feeling in her stomach was staggering, as she collapsed.

“It hurts, Zan.” She cried against the pain. Her arms wrapping around her stomach as she curled into the fetal position.

Then there was nothing but blackness, and the cool stone against her skin. Liz cracked her eyes to see Zan getting ready to heal her. “I think I understand what Future Liz meant by the visions.” Her voice was soft and cracked at the end. She threw herself into Zan’s arms. “I don’t know what they mean…” She shuddered as the stench of gunpowder lingered in her nose. The memory of the pain in her stomach made her stomach turn.

“Tell me what you saw,” Zan petted Liz’s hair, his fingers shaking from the fever that flooded his senses. He was thankful his control had been better then he had though, knowing that her fear only fed into his.

“Rath and Kyle… They were fighting back to back. Kyle had a shotgun… It was short double barreled one. I don’t… I don’t know what that means. Rath was throwing energy blasts everywhere. I can smell the gunpowder. I could feel the heat of Rath’s blasts.” Liz shuddered a little more, leaning into Zan’s petting.

“I saw where the Skins were growing their new bodies. I saw…” Liz swallowed, and realized that Zan’s calm was a façade from the terror she had unleashed emotionally. She tried to still her emotions, control them as if they were a power in their own right.

Zan could feel the blinding fear ease from Liz, as she lay for a moment. He could hear her heart beat slow, and her fear ease. The tension drained from his body has his hand continued to pet Liz’s hair. He leaned down and kissed her head, thankful for her control.

“I saw Future Liz… She was fighting with a short brown haired kid. I think it was Nicholas. I don’t know. I… it scared me. I can see them fighting hand to hand, and I think she’s losing. And I can’t imagine her losing… to anyone.” Liz mumbled; her voice almost too quiet for Zan to understand.

“What was the pain?” Zan whispered, almost unwilling to hear the answer.

“I don’t know.” Liz’s voice was stable, but Zan could tell the terror was creeping back into her. “It was burning, and painful cross my stomach. I didn’t see anything with it, I just felt the pain.”

“You are going to take a nap.” Zan picked up Liz carefully.

“Zan, we need to tell the others.” Liz fought, both Zan and the exhaustion that had permeated her body after the fear had burned out. She yawned as Zan placed her back on the ground as he climbed through the window.

As Liz tried to get up, Zan pulled his wife through the window, making sure she didn’t hit the window frame at all. “We are going to take a nap.” Zan grumbled as he placed Liz on the bed.

“We?” Liz looked calmer and more willing to nap.

“I have a feeling that if I allow you to nap on your own, that you will sneak out after I leave. Since it is my responsibility to make sure my queen is well tended, I fear I must nap as well.” Zan smirked as he bemoaned in a put upon tone.

“If you don’t want…” Liz started to complain before being silenced by a kiss.

“You are going to sleep now.” Zan glared as he curled up behind her, pulling his wife to his chest. “And you are not going to sneak out.”

Liz could feel his love envelop her, as her body took it as sign to sleep. “I won’t sleep lon...”

Zan smiled softly as Liz fell asleep midsentence. They hadn’t done much, but the power that she had used was more then her body could take without developing a tolerance to it. He mentally reminded himself that he need to work on her powers more then his. He had been born into them, while Liz had had hers thrust on her. Zan shook the thoughts from his head, before falling sleep curled around Liz.

darkmoon
Addicted Roswellian

Death Is A Playground (UC/CC, Adult) Ch 34 ~ 6/5

Post by darkmoon »

B ~ I hope that I continue to make your day every time I post. Your feedback is like chocolate!

Saav ~ I hope the move went well, and I hope that you can stay awake long enough to tell you how much you enjoyed this chapter. ^.^

Kara ~ Sweetie, I know what you meant when you compared it to Twilight. I'm not answering any questions this close to end game. LOL. I'm not saying that this fic is over, it's just getting close to the end.

Carrie ~ It was a surprise! I like just randomly txting you and saying it's been posted. You will always be one of my favorite cheerleaders. ^.^ *snuggles*

Rach ~ I hope this was soon enough! ^.^ Thank you!!!

K ~ Thank you!! I'm no longer overworked as you know. LOL! So I hope that I can get this done more. Still not going back to the old schedule, but it'll be easier then every 3 months.

V ~ You know I'm evil. You know that I throw red herrings in the way. You know that if you don't love me I'm killing off the whole crew with a meteor. LOL! I was going to say I don't know how this is going to go down, but that would be lying. I'm not telling you how this is going to happen is more the comment I should make. I love you and thank you for betaing this in B's absence. *Snuggles* You are the best!!!

Chapter 34

Future Liz commanded the room, even as Zan had called the meeting. Her head was held high as Michael came into the Pod Chamber and nodded. With the exception of Isabel, the crowd seemed confused by the sudden turn of events. The very suspicious Michael had found it hard to accept Future Liz, even more so than her story.

“What happened?” Max whispered to Michael, who waved him off.

“We came to an understanding.” Michael shook off the questioning looks.

“I called this meeting because as Future Liz has predicted, my wife has received the ability to see into the future. I feel that the information she has been privy to must be shared.” Zan silenced the room with a simple hand motion.

Future Max looked over at Future Liz, as if she held the answers. She shook her head, motioning with her head to listen to the young king.

“My Queen has seen our battle.” Zan’s voice boomed in the packed room.

Kyle placed his arms around Ava, who shuddered at the thought of battle. She knew she wasn’t much of a fighter. Her powers were more defensive, a moral booster. She could sense things, but her energy blasts weren’t as strong as Rath’s. Even her double Tess seemed to have a stronger blast than her.

“I’ll protect you.” Kyle whispered in her ear, nuzzling her hair offering her a little comfort.

“Liz, please tell our compatriots what you saw; what you felt.” Zan’s eyes softened to a slight-worried look as he turned to his wife.

Liz looked around at her friends. She could see the fear in some of their eyes. Others looked weary and tired. The cold eyes of Future Liz were almost a relief; it was almost like Future Liz knew what she was about to say.

“I saw Rath and Kyle fighting off Skins back to back. Kyle was holding a short, two barreled shotgun. He must have been using it quite a bit; I could smell the gunpowder in the air.”

Ava gasped, her hand tightened on one of Kyle’s arms that held her. Kyle smiled down at her, “If I’m fighting with Mullet, then we must be kicking some major ass. Aves, this is war. We’re all soldiers, and we are going to be in battles, especially this one.”

“Aves, I’s protect da Jock. Bitch betta learn ta duck.” Rath smirked. “I’s rollin’ like a tank.”

Ava blinked and rubbed her temple for a moment before turning to Liz. “Rath ain’t gonna shoot hisself in da foot, right? He’s betta not take off Kyle’s head wit his craptastic aim.”

“Bitch! I’s not a little bitch needin’ his cherry popped. I’s knows hows ta take care of me.” Rath growled, annoyed that Ava would insult him like that.

“I just saw them fighting against the Skins. I didn’t see anything else involving either of them.” Liz shook her head.

“Dat’s cause you’s don’t needs ta be carin’ bout me. I’s be kicking dos little bitches asses so hard dey see Antar before dey go poof.” Rath shrugged, putting his arm around Lonnie.

Alex looked over at Future Liz, wondering if anyone else noticed the lines around her mouth that shouldn’t have been there. For only being in her early twenties, the universe weighed on her shoulders more than anyone else in this room. “What else did you see?” Alex turned back to his Liz.

“I saw the battle between Future Liz and who I think is Nicholas.” Liz looked sad as she looked at her older self.

“Was he a scrawny little bastard with brown hair?” Future Liz asked with little emotion. She seemed intrigued but not worried.

“I thought we weren’t calling Michael scrawny anymore?” Kyle piped up, trying to lighten the mood.

“Kyle, if anyone is going to be called scrawny, it’s Alex.” Michael grumbled, sneering at Kyle.

“Hey!” Alex glared at Michael. “Watch who you are calling scrawny! I might not be a jock or the bad boy, but I can kill you with my robot army.”

“I don’t think you’re scrawny, Alex. I think geeky is the new sexy.” Tess murmured softly. No one but Alex heard her.

Alex blushed, as Liz figured that Tess had said something since Alex’s arm tightened around her shoulders.

Isabel winced as she watched the easiness between Tess and Alex. She knew deep inside that she didn’t really want Alex, but he was a safety net of fawning she no longer had. It ached, but she turned back to Liz. Now was not the time to worry about romance; they had more important matters to contend with.

“He looked about thirteen.” Liz bit her lip.

“That’s Nicky.” Future Liz shrugged.

Future Max slipped his hand in Future Liz’s and squeezed as if to give her support.

“You were surrounded by tubes… They held the growing skins.” Liz’s eyes glazed over a little as she went back into herself to describe the scene unfolding in her mind. “It’s hand to hand, you seem to be winning, but he hits you with something… It’s like… Alex would call it Force Push.”

“Leave my Star Wars addiction out of this.” Alex complained softly.

“At least it gives her an idea of what’s happening.” Maria smiled kindly as she scooted closer to Alex in the crowded room.

“You hit a panel…” Liz shuddered. “I get pulled back to the battle field.” She closed her eyes, the vision becoming clear as she dragged it back into. “The smell of gunpowder is heavy in the air. I can hear screaming of pain. We are winning…” Liz let out a scream of pain as she collapsed to her knees. “My stomach…” Her eyes flew opening as Zan pulled her into his arms. “The pain is someone on the battle field. One of us is going to be hurt in the stomach.” She gritted her teeth from the phantom pain that burned across her torso.

“Queenie, you have shown the ability to control your visions more than my wife. Please look with your third sight and tell us, who is hurt. Who do we have to protect from this pain?” Zan demanded.

“My visions are more controlled, but I can’t make them just appear. They don’t work like that.” Future Liz shook her head.

“I still can’t believe our Queen is a visionary.” Kal shook his head. “I wouldn’t believe it if I hadn’t seen it with my own two eyes.”

“Why?” Michael demanded. He pushed people out of the way so he could stand face to face with Kal.

“Don’t try me, little boy.” Kal rolled his eyes. “The power of foresight hasn’t been seen on Antar since the last bonded monarchs.”

“Maybe that’s why.” Future Max spoke up.

“Because they are bonded?” Kal seemed to ponder the idea. “There might be some truth in that. The Granolith works in strange ways.”

Max, who seemed quietly listening to everything, knew they would fracture without remembering that they were a team. “It doesn’t matter who’s hurt.” His voice seemed strong; even through it was deeper than his normal tone. He looked at the group, who stared at him with shocked looks.

Liz struggled to stand up. “Max’s right. It doesn’t matter if it’s Tess, Zan, Rath, or even me. I’ve been given a glimpse of the future, and we need to work on fixing it. We need to work on our defensive moves. It shows that no one is safe.” Liz turned to Future Liz. “And this means you need to stop hiding in this fucking cave and licking your wounds, whatever they may be. You need to train just as much as any of us do.”

“The Queen has spoken.” Zan stood up, nodding to the group. Turning to Liz and kissed her temple before whispering in her ear that they needed to consult Serena and the Granolith about her powers.

Liz nodded before looking at Max and smiled. “Thanks for getting our collective heads out of our collective asses.”

“Anytime Liz,” Max smiled back. “I think we need to head out and start working on our powers.”

“Do we have to? I’m tired of trying to make my powers more useful…” Ava whined as she walked out with Kyle.

Both sets of clones walked out, talking among themselves, leaving Kal, Future Liz, Future Max, Zan, and Liz. The pod holding Serena gurgled slightly, shocking everyone in the room.

“I think either she is telling us she needs to talk to us or you have been feeding her tacos.” Zan laughed.

“I’d vote tacos, but I know that my vote doesn’t mean anything here.” Kal grumbled.

“How are you getting tacos in the incubation tube?” Liz raised an eyebrow before walking to the Granolith chamber.

“I hate when my Queen talks sense.” Kal huffed before following Liz into the chamber.

“Queenie, I want you in the chamber with us. Grandpa, your presence is not required. If you would like to practice with the others, we would not feel insulted.” Zan motioned for Future Liz to go into the chamber. After Future Liz walked into the chamber, Zan speak up again. “But our powers could only be enriched by your presence. I do understand your fear of the Granolith, which is why I give you this.”

“I hate what the Granolith represents, but if she’s going to be there…” Future Max shook his head before walking in as well.

“Ancients, please give me strength for my wife. My dearest Liz means the universe to me, and may you forgive me, I would rather see it burn then any damage come to her.” Zan whispered the prayer, unsure if the Antarian’s Ancients or the Human’s God would hear him. He just knew it had to be said, and in the end, as long as Liz was safe, he didn’t care which heeded his warning.
Last edited by darkmoon on Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

darkmoon
Addicted Roswellian

Death Is A Playground (UC/CC, Adult) Ch 35 ~ 7/9

Post by darkmoon »

Carrie ~ I hope this is as amazing as you always swear it is. You blow me away with support and it makes me giddy with joy!! Liz is doing what she needs to to remind FLiz that they are taking this seriously. And that if she thinks FLiz isn't doing her part, she'll call her on it. FLiz knows herself. And is willing to look at this from the side of her younger self. Actually she's sort of proud. Liz is growing up more self assured then she did. FLiz, if you remember Liz 4th season, questioned her every step. This Liz isn't doing that, and nor will she. As much as it might piss you off, it's kinda needed. Lol.

Saavik ~ Best Internet Mommy in the world! I hope you love as usual. ^.^

Kara ~ No answers for no questions asked. No, wait, that's one of my favorite songs not your answer. Sadly there will not be another prologue, if you look, my first chapter is a prologue. I mean I keep thinking I might want to do a story from FLiz's time when she was still with Max. Back when she was happy. So that we can see this love, this happiness she talks about. But I'm not sure. It'll definitely be after this fic ends if I do write it. And a sequel isn't really possible. Or maybe it might be, but I don't think I could drag myself through the pain and love that I do with this fic again.
It means the world at how you love the characters. I'm also glad that it shows that Max is growing. This was never a fic to bash him, or make him a hateful character. He was a kid, like everyone else in that group with the exception of Jim. None of them knew the right thing to do. None of them is absolved of guilt. But this group, this group is growing and learning and not making the same mistakes as the past. Thank you for all your love!

V ~ You rock my socks!!! Thank you so much for stepping up and betaing this. I hope this was worth the wait. Thank you for saving me from the evils of the grammar monster. *Snuggles*

Elizabeth Kivana ~ Thank you for your wonderful support. Thank you for loving this! I always thought The End of the World was the episode the show jumped the shark so to speak. It had all these chances to be the defining moment in the show. And yet they let this powerful moment just lay on the ground like a fish flopping around gasping for air. I think it's an episode that defines the characters. And it's how one takes the moments that define a show that truly gives the show it's life.
I didn't expect the fic to take the Alex/Tess turn. It snuck up on me just like it did with everyone. But Alex's ability to forgive Tess, it's something that is completely Alex. It never had to do with his journey. His journey was about realizing that he's more than he gives himself credit for, and the reality of mortality. Lets be honest, no one wants to ponder their own mortality, but there comes a time when they are faced with it. And it's how they react to facing it that defines who they are.
Thank you for your wonderful words on Zan's prayer. I hoped it touched people in that way. And you showed me that I didn't falter in that.
I wanted to give a realness to this story. And from your comment and many others, I can tell I am doing what I hoped to. And don't worry, everyone wants to know who Serena is. Thank you for your amazing feedback. It means the world.

K ~ Thank you!!! You've been with me since the beginning and it's great to see that you've stuck with me. Thank you for your love for the characters and the story. ^.^

Everyone ~ This is a secondary b-day gift to me. Vampy was awesome enough to get this betaed before my b-day and now I can share with you. Hopefully I'll have another fic to share before the 11th aka D's b-day. ^.^ Thank you everyone, the fb-ers to the lurkers. To know that this fic is as well loved as I love it means the universe to me.

Chapter 35

“Ok, I know this is going to sound rude, but you said you don’t feel like you have any battle skills. Ava, you have pyrokinesis that is totally a battle skill if I ever heard of one.” Alex pointed out.

“Microchip, it’s all cool dat you’s trying to play all nice nice wit my feelin’ and stuff. Dis,” Ava held up a finger and concentrated on the tip for a minute. A flame came to life reminding everyone of a bic lighter, “be da pyro I’s be talkin’ ‘bout.” As Ava started to talk the flame went out. “Ands if’n I’s not dinking ‘bout it, dust in da wind it.”

“Have you been working on it?” Michael butted in. “It’s something, and we can make it a proper weapon. I need you to work on at least keeping that flame going if you talk.”

“Grumpy’s gots a point, Aves.” Rath nodded. “We’s need ta fuck wit da powers we’s don’t like.”

“I’s told ya’s that I’s a back up playa. I’s not for da majors. Bench is mores my’s bag.” Ava shook her head, worried that people would start thinking she was more important then she knew she was.

“Aves, sweetheart,” Kyle cupped Ava’s face so she’d have to look him in the eye. “You think so little of yourself. We know it’s completely not true. You are just as important and as ‘big league,’ as you put it, as the rest of us. How fucked over are we if you are considered a B player? Alex, Maria, and I aren’t as big and bad as you. We aren’t even worth fighting then. But you know what? I don’t care that I can’t fight like you and the rest. I will do my damndest to keep you safe, to see my family safe. Liz saw me fighting with a shotgun. I’ll fight without the shotgun if it means helping. Ava, you have to stop being scared of what’s out there.” Kyle pleaded with Ava. The passion and dedication in his voice as he spoke of fighting to keep his family safe stuck a cord in everyone present.

Ava steeled herself from the fear she knew was inside of her. She knew that if she could hold that flame for even a few seconds more, it could mean the difference between the life and death of someone, maybe even Kyle. The thought of Kyle dying scared her to the bone, but she nodded. “I’lls work ons it.”

“That’s the woman I fell for.” Kyle smiled, but realized he just admitted his feelings in front of everyone and turned beet red.

“I’s know.” Ava nibbled on her lip ring. She turned to look at Rath and Michael. “When’s you’s going to Risk dis Napoleon crap.”

“We’s has been. Fuck dat, dis nots be Waterloo-ing.” Rath growled.

“What’s a Waterloo?” Lonnie blinked.

“Ha! Even your own people don’t understand your fucked up little butchering of the English language!” Kyle pointed at Rath in success.

“Waterloo was Napoleon’s most known defeat. There were small skirmishes, but it’s believed to be the fight that broke the back to his power.” Michael rubbed his temple. “Kyle, Waterloo isn’t a made up word. It’s an actual place.”

Kyle glared at Michael. “Don’t help him! I’ve been trying to explain to Rath that his language is confusing, and I don’t understand him half the time.”

“Other half of the time, you two are talking like old football buddies, Kyle.” Alex shook his head in amusement. “You aren’t going to win this fight. I swear it’s easier if you just give up.”

“So’s it’s a fight? A lost fight? I’s don’t wanna Waterloo dis shit, none time.” Lonnie nodded to Rath in approval.

“So what kind of progress have you made?” Maria looked to Isabel, in a plea to stop the conversation.

“I have been meeting with most people in their dreams. You were tonight’s experiment.” Isabel shrugged. “I am trying to see if I can sneak in and talk to you before you hit REM sleep. I’m trying to do what I did with Max… you know, during that time.”

“What’s time? You’s can go inta peeps heads when’s dey awake like?” Lonnie piped up, quickly shutting down the almost argument between Rath and Kyle over the English language.

Michael and Alex looked over thankful for a new conversation to shut the two men up. Ava and Tess had walked away from the group during the confusion to discuss the merits of Tess’s mindwarp and Ava’s slight pyrokinesis.

“Not awake, per say. But if I can slip in before the dreaming starts, say if someone is being held in almost a twilight sleep, which means they don’t dream, I could slip in and get information back and forth. It’s a strategy I thought might be helpful.” Isabel hoped no one asked about the White Room, even without Max there, it was a touchy subject that no one in the Roswell gang wanted to explain to the New Yorkers.

“Where’s you’s learn dat from?” Rath knew there was a story behind this.

“It’s not important.” Isabel shook her head. She knew better than to think Rath would take that as fact. He was a clone of Michael, and Michael was nothing if not persistent.

“I’s dink it’s damns important. You’s has sumthin’ bad happ’n and dat fuck wit ya. Dis popping from dat. We’s needs ta know.” Rath walked up to Isabel, Michael pulling him back by his shoulder.

“Isabel had it rough; don’t ask her to relive that. I’ll tell you, but after this, we won’t talk of it.” Michael glared Rath. His eyes were haunted that reminded Rath of a less broke Queenie.

“Lon, Aves, we’s having storytime outta de ear of dem. Times ta air out da bones.” Rath motioned for Lonnie and Ava to follow him as he walked out of ear shot of the group. Michael followed, looking at the rest of the Roswell group with relief in his eyes knowing he wouldn’t have to put them through the pain of reliving the days that Max was held by the government.

Isabel let out a shaky breath she didn’t even realize she was holding.

darkmoon
Addicted Roswellian

Death Is A Playground (UC/CC, Adult) Ch 36 ~ 8/22

Post by darkmoon »

Hi everyone!!! I am fine! I swear, it's just school is kicking my butt and I haven't had a chance to really catch my breath, let alone write. So I was able to sneak time between my studying and sleep to write the next part. Not sure what I'll work on next, but I promise I'll try to get another story updated.

I wrote this listening to the amazing vocals of RyanDan. They are amazing twin singers. Like The Sun and Tears of an Angel made this chapter possible. So I wanted to thank them for it. Lol.

Saav ~ Thank you!! You are like a mother to me and I just want you to be proud! Thank you for all the support and love you've given me! And the swift kick in the pants when I needed it too. ^.^

Carrie ~ I promised you that I was writing and here it is!!! I love that you think that my lines for the Dupes are funny. I love writing Rath, and actually all of them. ^.^ Kyle is totally lovable!!! Ask Seki, who says btw, stay off his man! Lol. I hope this brings out the emotions again. I won't lie, I wanted to cry while I wrote it. Thank you for being the best Cheerleader/Vice President of the Darkmoon's Fanclub EVER!

Rach ~ You have to be one of my most enduring fans. I think it's my job to make Rath's one-liners a little confusing. He just isn't like everyone else when he talks. I'm so happy that you are on the Kyle/Ava bandwagon! ^.^ Thank you again!!!! And again!!!

Kara ~ My dear Kara, what can I say. Thank you for the b-day wishes. I hope this prolong it a little more. LOL. I am glad that everyone's character shines. Especially Kyle and Ava's relationship. Now that I've written more.... can I have the next part of Finding Home?!?!!? THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!!!!!

K ~ Thanks for the Bump!!

Ruth ~ I wish I was hanging with Seki, Zan and Liz. Silly school actually expects me to do crazy things like actually study. LOL. I'm here, and here is another part. And thank you for missing it!!

Chapter 36

Future Liz stood back, looking at Zan and Liz placing her hands on the Granolith. They closed their eyes, in a silent prayer for guidance. Future Liz crossed her arms as the cave melted into desert.

“Why are you bugging me?” She grumbled, as she looked around her. A shadowy figure started walking towards her.

Serena stood next to Future Liz, looking exactly like the younger Queen, except a lock her bangs being a shocking white. “Why does all they do have to have the approval of the Granolith?”

“Who is that?” Future Liz ignored Serena’s question, without a single glance in her direction.

“Why do you lie to them?” Serena’s voice held a tinge of amusement from being ignored.

“I don’t know what you are talking about. Are you going to stand there all day and question me or are you going to do something?” Future Liz turned Serena, annoyance radiated from her.

“I have come to question you until he arrives.” Serena smiled softly.

“I thought he was only needed for your birth.” Future Liz turned to the image of the man flicker.

“Not him.” Serena whispered before disappearing.

The man flickered from a young boy to an adult male. It wasn’t until he came closer that Future Liz could see the young boy was her Zanny, and the man was the man he would have become. Every step shattered the image like a broken mirror. The pieces fused together, forming a new image.

Future Liz could feel herself wanting to break. The tears fell against her will. She couldn’t help herself, as she ran to him.

Zan, the adult, stopped and held open his arms to his mother.

“Zanny!” Future Liz threw herself into his arms, crying. Her heart felt both alive, as it was breaking.

“Hi mom…” Zan let Future Liz loosen her grip, before wiping her eyes, laughing slightly at the reverse positioning.

“I’m sorry.” She held his face in her hands, and marveled at how he resembled his father. While his eyes were still crystal blue, the rest him was almost a copy of Max.

“Don’t apologize.” Zan placed his hands over his mother’s. “I wanted to thank you, and tell you that I am so proud to call you Mom.”

“I don’t deserve it.” Future Liz shook her head. “I know what I need to do, but honestly I just want to lie down and let go.”

“You know that you can’t. I know all that you’ve done. You amaze me.” Zan smiled, sorrow for what it was doing to Future Liz shone in his eyes. “I love you, Mom.”

“And I love you, as if you came from me.” Future Liz hugged him tightly again.

“The best parts of me did.” Zan whispered in her ear.

“Now, I know that you did come just to tell me that you love me. What does the Granolith need from me?” Future Liz let go, stepping back as if it would be easier to hear the news.

“Stay the course.” Zan shrugged. “It has more questions for you then answers.”

“That’s bullshit, baby.” Future Liz laughed slightly.

“You know what you need to do.” Zan closed his eyes and took a breath. As he opened them back up, he bit his lip. It reminded Future Liz of her own idiosyncrasies, making her tear up again. “Don’t cry, momma. This is already hard enough.”

“It’s just… I get to see my baby grown up. And I know how lucky I am to see this. And what a handsome, wonderful man you’ve become.”

Zan looked down and smiled. A slight blush highlighted his cheeks. “Could you stop embarrassing me in front of the Granolith? Please mom?”

“It’s my job…” Future Liz smiled, wiping the tears away. “Back to business, what is needed?”

“Liz isn’t allowed to know who will be hurt.” Zan looked up. “I know you lied to them about not being able to control your visions, but someone will connect things together and see through that lie. The Granolith needs you to not look into the future. You can’t even know.”

“Zan, I know I’m going to die there.” Future Liz shrugged. “I don’t need to see that to know it. My fate is sealed.”

“I didn’t say die, momma. I said hurt.” Zan shook his head. “Serena is talking to the King and Queen about using the Granolith as a magic eight ball.”

“You aren’t even old enough to know what those are.” Future Liz smiled. “I promise not to look into that future.”

“That’s all it needs.” He hugged Future Liz, “I have to go now.”

“I know, I just can’t watch.” Future Liz closed her eyes so she didn’t watch her baby walk away into nothingness.

A hand on her shoulder startled her. She looked over to see the cave again. Future Max’s hand her shoulder; his expression was one of worry.

“What happened?”

“The Granolith needed to ask me a question.” Future Liz shrugged off his hand. “It was nothing.”

“I saw a tear, I was worried.” Future Max got defensive.

“It wasn’t painful… at least physically. I’m fine.” Future Liz turned away from the group and walked out into the pod chamber, and then finally out into the sun and away from the device that gave her a glimpse of the future she would never live.
Last edited by darkmoon on Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

darkmoon
Addicted Roswellian

Death Is A Playground (UC/CC, Adult) Ch 37 ~ 11/9

Post by darkmoon »

I swear, I should be sleeping, but thanks to my insomnia here is the next part!

Rach ~ Thank you! From the bottom of my heart, to know that the relationship, the love that Zanny and FLiz have for each other shines, and is believable in a mother/child relationship makes me beem and weep a little. I wish that I didn't have to kill off Zanny, but I can't argue with a dream. Nor could I honestly write this without. His death is such a big blow to FLiz, and defines who she is.

Carrie ~ You know me, always wanting to make my fans cry. Lol. J/K. I just knew that the only way for the Granolith to get through to FLiz is to make sure that someone who she loves tell her it. Serena isn't it. The mysterious man isn't it. And we know Zanny is in there. We've seen him. So I'm glad that it spoke to you. I'm glad that this moment didn't fall flat. It means the world that you are so deeply invested in these characters. *Huggles* Thank you for the amazing bumps. You kept me knowing that people honestly did love and miss this fic.

Kara ~ Actually I assumed that people just glossed over the whole birth comment. I like to throw things in to see if you are actually reading. LOL. I'm not telling you who is getting hurt. I mean that would be like telling you who the killer was in the middle of a great mystery novel. You have to wait. And you know that it's going to be worth your wiled. LOL. I hope that you enjoy this as much as the rest. Thank you for the amazing bumps. You kept me knowing that people honestly did love and miss this fic.

AlysLuv ~ Thank you!!!

Saav ~ Thank you so much!!!! I hope you feel the same about this part.

Whimsicality ~ I'm not going to lie. I did cry a little. I was just so honored and amazed that you saw all that in my humble fic. I have no words to describe how amazing it was to see how well you understand what I tried to do. And I'm thankful that you understand that I'm not trying to show characters as the bad guy (with the exception of Khivar and Nicky) but as human or in some cases, human/Antarian hybrids. They have good parts and bad. They make mistakes, they jumpto conclusions, and they try to make their world better. I'm also really happy you are enjoying the Fifthwheeler. It kind of snuck up on me. But they seemed to fit so perfectly together when all was said and done. And I'm so glad you are totally understand the growth that each one of the characters are undergoing. This maybe a fight for the future, but at the same time, this is a moment where these characters are turning into the people they will be later in life. And can I say again, as I read your feedback that I'm in awe, and just thankful that you see that in this little fic that I love so much. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. Thank you!!

Chapter 37

Liz looked around at the barren landscape that was Antar. Her hand clasped in her husband’s, she looked around.

“Here is the question of the day,” a girl voice rang out in the dry air. The tone was amused, but the authority it was given in was almost like a sonic boom. The power behind the voice was immense, and it almost swept Liz and Zan away. “Why do you people seem to think that the Granolith is a magic eight ball?”

“What do you mean, Serena?” Zan’s voice was undaunted by Serena’s sudden show of power. He looked as confused as Liz did, as they tried to understand the question’s meaning.

Serena appeared an almost exact replica of Liz. The only glaring difference was a shock on white hair in her bangs. Her outfit was loose and shapeless; a patchwork of blues, greens, reds and oranges. A hand reached out from the folds of the clothes. It was too big and without a form to be called a dress. She held out her forefinger as if to quiet Zan. “You question your path. You question your understanding. You look for answers. These are all within being a monarch. The problem stems with the ideals that the Granolith will grant you these answers. That it will show you your path. And that it will give you understanding. The Granolith is a tool, but not of these means. You need to lead. This means you both need to stop using the Granolith as a magic eight ball. It will not always tell you; yes, no, maybe, or try your question later. It is a guide, I will admit. But not the one you seek on this quest. It’s done its duty. Now, do yours.” Serena brought her arm back under the folds of cloth, and walked away.

Zan and Liz found themselves back in the cave, with no answers. The lack of answers was disconcerting, but understandable when they realized that Serena was right. What was worrisome was when Zan turned and didn’t see Future Liz.

“The Granolith needed to ask Future Liz a question.” Future Max explained. “She walked out while you were still with the Granolith.”

“We have no news from Serena. She’s more annoyed with us then willing to give us a clue.” Liz leaned closer to Zan, as if to draw from his stoic façade.

“We are, so to speak, shooting from the hip.” Zan explained. “I think I need to work with my Queen on her powers. I need to get her more accustomed to using them. It is like building up a tolerance. The more she uses and explores her powers, the less worn out she will be when using them.”

“I agree. If I know Michael, and I do; the group outside has already came up with a game plan. If Rath is helping, we might have to explain that nightly adventures to the strip club are not training.” Max added. He shook his head, “I’ll go check on them.” He walked out without waiting for confirmation.

“I feel better about this whole situation.” Kal explained.

“Why?” Future Max’s voice was filled with suspension.

“Kaleidoscope eyes whammied me like she did Future Liz. She told me when the time came for this big bad fight to go down, I get to make sure she’s safe. I’m no coward… No wait, I am. I’m just glad that it isn’t my ass in the line of fire.” Kal smirked.

“It’s nice to see that you care so much of your duty.” Future Max sneered.

“Hey! Just because I’m thankful to stay back doesn’t mean I shirking on my duties. They have expanded. I’m a producer, I’d rather be screaming in a phone and baby sit a mystical pod baby, then getting shot at. I never did well with physical conflict.” Kal shrugged. “I do think the kid has a point. We should see what the wonder twins of grouchy and pervy have come up with.”

Liz shook her head in amusement, as she agreed. A smile graced her lips, which she thought was wildly inappropriate considering that they had not really accomplished what they had set out to do when they walked into the Granolith chamber.

The sun was blinding from the darkness of the cave. Liz could make out that the group had split once again into the two factions. She was tired of seeing the whole; my group, your group thing that kept appearing in regards to the practice.

“What is going on?” Liz demanded, as she noticed that farther way, Michael and Rath seemed to be talking.

“White Room,” was all Isabel would mumble. Her eyes stared holes in the dirty at her feet. “They needed to know.”

“Oh, god… Isabel, I’m sorry.” Liz wasn’t sure how it would be taken, but she hugged Isabel. Liz knew the pain that she was going through, the feeling of reliving it.

Isabel hung on; she wasn’t used to needing a hug. She just knew the emotions that the two words invoked in her. It felt right that the only person who could truly understand the pain of those words would be the one to give her comfort. “Thank you…” Isabel wasn’t sure why she whispered it, or even if she had only in her mind.

Liz patted Isabel’s back for a moment before letting go. She could see Maria trying to look around, as if anything was more interesting then what was going on. Then with a quick glance over at Alex, Liz could see him enfolding Tess in his arms. Tess’ face was ashen and devoid of any pride in her part of the escape plan. It made Liz a little sad that this event was looked at not in a win, that they had gotten Max back. Everyone who had been there saw it as a loss.

Max stood away from the groups, more interested in talking to Future Liz. He seemed shaken by the topic as well. Liz couldn’t hear what they were discussing, but from the look on Max’s face, she didn’t think it really mattered.

Liz knew that for wounds to heal, even slightly, they needed to air it out to the others. Thankfully Michael had taken it upon himself to do so with Rath. And she knew Rath would explain to Ava and Lonnie. She knew she didn’t need to inform Zan. She had shown him, to give him an idea of the moments that shaped her relationship with Max. And why she couldn’t just cut off her friendship with him, regardless of Zan’s slight jealousy. It helped quell the fires of his protective nature in regards to Max. It also gave Zan a greater understanding to why the group was so tight knit.

Future Max stood by Kyle, knowing what Michael and Rath were discussing in the distance. The fear in his eyes showed scars that never fully healed from the event.

Liz knew that that was also going to need to happen before they could fight against the Skins. Wounds needed to be healed. The only question was; did they have time?

darkmoon
Addicted Roswellian

Death Is A Playground (UC/CC, Adult) Ch 38 1/21

Post by darkmoon »

First off, I wanted to let everyone know that this is Saavik's very very late Christmas gift!!! God, I hope you like this Saavik!!!

Secondly, I wrote this entire part thanks to Beyonce's Halo. It just fit the mood of what I was trying to bring. I don't know if it works to read the part to the song, but just wanted to give credit when it's due!

Saavik ~ Thank you for being an amazing internet mommy!!! I hope this is everything you wished for, and nothing you expected. Lol.

Carrie ~ Thank you for all your support!! It means the universe to me.

Rach ~ Thank you so much!!! I hope this was also worth the wait.

B~ I've missed your fb like I miss food. It's like a warm blanket that I can just wrap around me.

Thank you to all who nominated me for this fic. And thank you to all who voted for me. I'm in shock and awe. And I don't think I'll ever get over the amount of love that I get from you, my fans. I'm honored. Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I write this for all who read this, and love it as much as I do.

Chapter 38

Liz snuggled closer to her husband’s body warmth. It had a week since Serena had sent them away to find their own way. In that time, the group had strengthened. Everyone knew about the White Room finally, and the horrors of what the government would do if they found out about them. They say that knowledge is power. Liz mused that it wasn’t only power, but it was a motivator.

Zan sighed in his sleep, his consciousness brushing against hers in an almost mental kiss fashion. Liz took comfort in their bond, which seemed to grow as her powers did. She took pleasure that everyone had expanded on their powers. Even Ava’s pyrokentics had grown by leaps and bounds. The only thing that slightly bothered her was the bond that had grown between Rath and Michael. While Rath still felt more comfortable in the presence of Zan, Alex and Kyle; she couldn’t help to point out that fact that Michael was learning a lot of Rath’s bad habits. Thankfully his language skills weren’t one of them.

“I am unable to continue my slumber while your inner monologue continues.” Zan grumbled slightly annoyed, but still heavy with sleep.

“Are you saying I think too loud?” Liz pulled back a little surprised, and amused.

“You said it, not I.” Zan mused, kissing Liz’s hair.

“I was thinking about the past week. We’ve made more progress in the past week then we have in the past month.” Liz sighed.

“And these the thoughts that keep you awake?” Zan raised a sleepy eyebrow. He held back a yawn. “My love, you have school today, and your parents are expecting you in bed soon.”

“I’ll leave soon.” Liz grumbled. “I just… I’m just so amazed that we’re finally gelling as a group.”

“I knew that we would always succeed. You are an amazing Queen. Even if the Granolith hadn’t chosen you, I would still wish you by my side.” Zan lay back, dragging his thoughts into full consciousness.

“That is one of the most romantic things you’ve ever said to me.” Liz smiled, turned to cuddle into his side, kissing his chest. “You are just hoping that there is enough time before I go home to get lucky aren’t you?”

“You have found my depraved plan.” Zan murmured amused, pulling Liz on top of him. “Take pity on a simple king of a lost planet.”

Liz leaned forward, smirked. “Pity? Simple king? I guess I could find one of those.” She started to slip off Zan, before being pulled back in place.

“You make seduction so complex.” Zan shook his head, leaning forward to nibble on Liz’s neck. “I wish for moments like this to last for eternity.”

“Now I know that you’ve stopped listening to Rath on his love advice.” Liz pulled her shirt off.

“Can you never mention one of my Generals while you strip? It is very disturbing.” Zan cupped both of Liz’s breasts.

“As long as you keep touching me, I’ll do anything you want.” Liz let her head fall back; enjoying the sensations that Zan was drawing out of her.

While fingering her ribs, Zan mouthed her breasts. His eyes never leaving Liz’s, as their emotions clashing against each other. Liz started to glow like a dusky gold.

Liz gripped his arms, her fingers flexing from the emotions and sensations. She could feel something growing in her chest; it wasn’t burning, more like molten warmth. She didn’t know why, but she pushed the feeling into Zan through the link.

Zan’s eyes flew open as he felt the power flood him. His eyes flashed deep garnet, as the powers unlocked knowledge. He could feel the comprehension race across as his consciousness. The thoughts teasing his senses, as he in turn teased Liz’s body.

Her eyes widened as she looked down at her husband. As amazing as she felt, the shock of seeing her body dimly glowing gliding over Zan’s skin. His eyes that seemed to burn with an unseen fire, that drew Liz closer like a moth to the flame.

His hand cupped her face, as he shared the awareness of the things left unseen and unsaid. She understood her powers, why she needed to be near Zan. Even the strange need to make love for the first time came into perfect clarity. She smiled happily, completely content in the depth of their connection. She wiggled out of her panties, as she wiggled her eyebrows. She moved off him, and grabbed at his boxers.

Zan nodded, as he leaned over to grab a condom. He lifted his hips for Liz to start pulling off the offending clothing keeping her from her husband. He quickly put on the condom, before sliding into his queen’s loving body. It felt more like coming home then even the first time.

The motion was seemed engrained in their sense memory. Liz scratching at Zan’s back as if she could pull him deeper. Zan’s arms making almost a half circle around her head, his eyes locked to Liz’s. They could feel the passion peaking through the link, as the link's power doubled, and tripled. The link crashed into them like waves against the rocks. As they called each other’s names in hoarse ecstasy, the room bloomed in a rush of colors that danced through Zan and Liz’s skin. Dusky crimsons, burnt gold, and the deepest obsidian played against the walls, almost proclaiming the union of the king and queen.

Inside of the Granolith, Serena smiled happily. The great ocean, Ammolite, of Antar stretched in front of her, as she sat down on the pier next to her companion. “They understand.”

“I told you they weren’t stupid. Well, I couldn’t count on Zan, I mean look at Max. But Lizzie, she’s a smart cookie. One of the best of us.” The man smiled, as he placed his arm around Serena’s shoulders.

“The table is set. Now the real question is do they have the guts to sit down and take what is laid out for them?” Serena swung her legs back and forth, allowing the tips of her toes to dip so slightly into the warm waters. “What’s it like to be born?”

“Kinda like dying, except reverse, and a lot less pain.” The man kissed the top of Serena’s head. “Don’t worry, sweetie. You’ll do great things out there.”
Last edited by darkmoon on Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

darkmoon
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Death Is A Playground (UC/CC, Adult) Ch. 39 ~ 6/20

Post by darkmoon »

First and for most: Saavik ~ OMG!!! You have been the driving force for this. I am not kidding between you and Carrie, I swear I would be killed had I not kept it going. Thank you for all the support, all the bumps, and all the love that a girl could possibly want! THANK YOU!!!!

Carrie ~ I swore to you I would not forget this. And I didn't. I love your support, and all the cheerleading that has gotten this fic as far as it is!!! THANK YOU!!

Kara ~ Yes, begging helps. Ask Carrie and Saavik. LOL. J/K. I am so happy you are still so very much in love with this fic. And I swear, I'm going to finish it!!! And it'll blow your mind how close you were on a lot of it.THANK YOU!!!!

K~ Thank you for your love, support and bumps!

Rach~ Thank you for never giving up on this fic!!!!

B ~ I love you more then life can say. And THANK YOU!!!! I know you are just thankful I finished a chapter. LOL.

Chapter 39

Liz walked out of the motel room. She knew she should have called someone to pick her up, but she was on overload from making love with Zan. Of course it wasn’t the sex that was the overloading part, though she wasn’t complaining about the sex. The knowledge they had unlocked by allowing nature to take its course with her powers and following the link was more like falling down the rabbit hole then anything.

“Are you just going to stand there?” Michael’s voice pierced the haze her mind had slipped into.

“What? How? Why are you here?” Liz was confused by Michael’s appearance.

“I’m not exactly sure. I was happily asleep when some kid woke me up. I assume he’s Zanny, since no one in their right mind wants to have ears that big.” Michael shook his head. “I don’t know how it’s possible though, he’s only in the Granolith, right?”

“It’s very possible that you were still asleep while he was waking you up.” Liz wasn’t sure how to explain it. Though she was just thankful she wasn’t going to have to walk home.

“Tell me on the ride back to your place. Last thing we need is the Queen getting grounded. I really don’t want the magical fetus pissed at me.” Michael tossed Liz a helmet as he started the bike.

“She isn’t a fetus anymore.” Liz explained, climbing on the back. She quickly buckled the helmet on.

“Last time I tried to look the membrane; it had gone so dark I thought she had died.” Michael grumbled as he started the drive back to her house.

Liz was amused that Michael sounded almost worried about Serena. “She’s hiding her true nature from us now. I think she wants us to really get a handle on how to do things for ourselves.”

The drive was short, and uneventful. Liz unbuckled the helmet and handed it over before starting the conversation back up. The idea of telling Michael of what Zan and she had learned went out of the window, when Whitaker down the street. Thankfully, she hadn’t seen them.

“I think we can continue the conversation after you play recon on whatever has Whitaker so entranced.” Liz looked over at Michael. They knew that Liz would have come with him if not for her having to make an appearance at home before going out.

“We’ll meet at school. I really want to know what the heck is happening with the magical fetus, and how Max Jr can creep into my dreams.” Michael nodded, as he placed the helmet on the back of the motorcycle.

“See ya then.” Liz started up the fire escape to her room.

Michael started the bike, and started after Whitaker. He knew he’d have to double back, so to throw off suspicion. The recon missions Rath and he had discussed at length were finally being put to the test. Whitaker was on a mission, and Michael was going to find out what that was. He drove past as she walked into one of the few empty store fronts on the street.

He quickly pulled into an adjacent alley. He knew that most of the stores on this street were built about the same time; almost cookie cutter in construction. He just had to remember the layout in his head. He snuck in the backdoor. He felt uneasy, coming in was way too easy. It was almost a trap. He opened the cellphone Future Liz had made him buy. He quickly hit the speed dial for Rath’s motel room. As the phone picked up, Michael quickly whispered ‘Code Dust’ into the phone, and hung up.

Quietly Michael slinked towards the next room. He leaned an ear to it, listening for even the slightest movement. With no movement heard, Michael almost opened the door, and rushed in. But the words of Future Liz rang in his ears. ‘Your need to rush straight into things gets you into more trouble than you can imagine. Even more so then your anger, and that’s saying something.’

“Damn, I thought he followed me for sure.” Whitaker voice grumbled on the other side of the door.

“Let’s stop with the dramatics and start working on the plans. You said you thought the New York idiots were here too. I’m trying to deal with your operation, getting the new skins created, and those stupid Rath supporters.” A young male voice grumbled. Michael could only guess that with the fact that the voice hadn’t cracked, that this was the infamous Nicholas.

“The Rath supporters? What have you been keeping from me? I’m second in command. I should be informed of things of this nature.” Whitaker’s voice got slightly shrill.

“We just received reports of a band of Skins who were a part of the movement to place Rath on the throne. They seem to be on the move towards your location. We’ve only been able to capture one of them. Annoyingly, he committed suicide before I was able to try to get any information.” Nicholas’ voice was very tense, almost on the verge of pissed. “Is that enough for you? Now, do you have any news for your Commander? Last time I checked, this is your weekly report, not story time.” The anger became more apparent as he tried to almost mock Whitaker.

“Yes, sir,” Whitaker’s voice went very weak, almost subservient. “I believe that the New York set have settled here at Roswell. I haven’t been able to make a positive id, but I keep trying. I also believe that one of the Guardians of the Granolith has also appeared.”

“I thought we killed that idiot off. Wasn’t he trying to make a deal with our Master before he died?” Nicholas growled.

“I believe it’s another one, sir.” Whitaker’s voice steadied with conviction. “I killed Har’drin, personally.”

It took Michael a moment to realize that had to be Nasedo’s real name.

“I thought we killed him off as well.” Nicholas sounded even more pissed.

“I could be wrong, but he had the scent of a shifter.” She seemed tired at that moment. It finally hit Michael that she had to be second guessing every turn with Lonnie messing with her dreams.

“Stop trying to dazzle me with bullshit. Your reports keep getting weaker. If you can’t do the job properly, I might have to find someone who will.”

“But I’m…” Whitaker was interrupted by an extremely pissed Nicholas.

“If you don’t get the results I want, you won’t be a second in command. I’ll leave you with the rest of the fleet and one skin a piece.” Nicholas growled.

“Where… Do we have a backup plan in case some of the skins go bad in the tanks?” Whitaker almost seemed not wanting to ask.

“If you must know, we have a limited supply of backups at Black Rock. Breathe a word of this to anyone else, and I’ll know who it came from. Believe me, Whitaker, a cracked seal would be the least of your worries. Report at the same time next week, hopefully for you, you have more results then just he smelled like a shifter.” Nicholas growled.

Michael quickly lifted his head away from the door. He knew he had to get this information to Zan and quickly. He was so thankful that no one saw him sneak out the back. His drive back to the motel seemed to take an eternity, but with information as important to his king, every precaution needed to be taken. He just hoped they could turn this to their advantage, and that this Rath support group could be an asset.