Death Is A Playground (UC/CC,ADULT) Ch 41 1/15/11 [WIP]

This is the place where fics that have not been updated in the past three months will be moved until the author asks a mod to move them back to an active board.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, truelovepooh, Forum Moderators

darkmoon
Addicted Roswellian

Death Is A Playground (UC/CC, Adult) Ch 20 ~ 10/9

Post by darkmoon »

B ~ Thank you!!!!!!! I LOVE YOU!! I worry so much about making sure I hit the right note with Zanny. Your feedback makes me feel like a better writer.

Saavik ~ Thank you so very very much! Not being a mother, I always worry that I'm not conveying a mother's heartbreak correctly. Thank you for letting me know that I am. I'm happy Vegas was good. I agree that Vegas will never be the same without Star Trek. I cried when I heard they shut it down.

Twilighteyes ~ Thank you very much! Some of the secrets of Serena will be revealed soon... not this chapter... but soon.

Jezebel ~ Sorry that you weren't getting ready for school, but thank you for being addicted!!! I'm glad that I'm making you feel bad for these characters. I want take people off guard and think about these characters in a new way. I agree that Tess was only the womb. FLiz loved Zanny not because he was Max's child, but because he was Zanny. Thank you for your concern about my trip to the hospital. The bronchitis is gone and I got a new shiny Epipen to help out in case something like this happens again. Thank you for loving this story!!

Rach ~Alex and Tess... are growing. Not saying they'll end up together, and I'm not say they won't. Thank you so much for loving this story!

V ~ I love you. Thank you for crying for FLiz. It makes me happy that I can invoke those emotions in you. *Snuggles* And Rath... What can we say, he just begs to be mocked!!! Thank you for loving this story and always iming me and begging for it.

Carrie ~ THANK YOU!!!! I can't say enough at how your support keeps me going. And I made the comment about maybe changing to every 2 weeks for posting. and I remembered you'd kill me. LOL! Your feedback is like air, I need it like I need B's feedback. It means the world that you love this story so much. *Snuggles*

Chapter 20

“So, why did you want to grab a ride with us? Are we finally good enough for your kind?” Maria’s voice was bitter, and pain filled.

“Maria, it might seem wrong that we didn’t tell you. Future Liz may seem horrible and evil for telling you the things she probably has, but she’s not our Liz anymore. She hasn’t been since before I died.” Alex was cut off.

“Stop saying that. You keep talking about Tess killing you, but here she is in my car. If she’s that evil, why isn’t she taking a dirt nap?” Maria glared at Tess in the review mirror.

“She isn’t that Tess yet. And now that we are changing history, she won’t be that Tess.” Alex calmly explained.

“What’s with the Max wanna-be?” Maria changed the subject, not wanting to hear about Alex’s death, or anyone’s death for that matter.

“There were two sets of us sent down. Nacedo thought the second set had perished.” Tess interjected. “He’s the other Max… or should I say, Max is the other Zan.”

Alex nodded. “Zan is the true king, as it’s been pointed out. He holds the seal, and has been crowned by the Granolith…” Alex turned his head. “Wasn’t that the jeep?” His eyes watching as the jeep which had been several miles ahead of them, was driving the wrong way, back towards the pod chamber.

“Maria, turn around…” Michael demanded.

“Maria… don’t. Whatever Max or Isabel need to do, they need to do it alone.” Alex placed a hand on Maria’s shoulder, his eyes meeting hers in the rearview mirror.

“It would be Max who needs to do something… since Isabel’s flagging us down…” Tess pointed to the side of the road.

Isabel waved her hands hoping to persuade the occupants of the Jetta to stop.

As Maria pulled up next to Isabel’s coughing figure, the dust from the car being too much for the lone girl, Michael rolled down the window. “Need a ride?” His voice was even, but held a demanding tone of why she was there and not in the jeep like she should have been.

“I’d love one. Max said he had to do something… and kindly told me to wait for you here.” Isabel scrunched her nose up in annoyance.

“I still think we should follow him.” Michael grumbled.

“You know that he wouldn’t like that. As much as I want to know why my brother has gone back, I know that he needs to do this on his own.” Isabel looked in the direction the jeep had gone.

“I know, but it doesn’t mean I have to like it.” Michael muttered, looking at his hands. He was the General, how was he supposed to protect his family if they kept running off without him. Michael wanted to punch something, he was the protector, and unlike Rath, his family wouldn’t let him do his job.

As Isabel squeezed into the backseat, the car fell into an awkward silence.

“I refuse to stop my conversation, because the rest of you are afraid Max might do something stupid. He’s a grown man. It is time for him to start acting like it.” Alex shook his head. “Stop treating him like you get up every morning and put him on the short bus.”

Tess shook her head. “I think we’re more afraid of what he’s going to find out there. I think we’re all afraid of what Future Liz means. What this all means! Alex, we got dragged out into the desert, to our birthplace… and watched our world implode.” Tess clenched her fists. “I mean, you’ve had some time to deal with this, this is being dumped at our feet, and being told to deal. I’m used to it. I lived with Nacedo. Max, Michael, Isabel and Maria aren’t used to their world being upset.”

“I already had that happen once, girly!” Maria cried indignantly. “I found out that not only were aliens real, but one saved my best friend from death.”

“And yet, Alex found out the same thing, and handled it better.” Isabel looked out the window. Her voice flat, almost resigned.

“I’m more delicate then Alex. I don’t even know how I die and I’m freaking out about it.” Maria’s hands shook as she griped the steering wheel tighter.

“Believe me; you don’t want to know how you die.” Alex shook his head, his tone soft and broken.

“Oh my god! I knew it was horrible! Don’t tell me, I can’t handle bloodshed, especially my own!” Maria squeaked.

“It’s not that, Maria. It’s the fact that once you know your death, even if it isn’t going to happen… It haunts you. Did you really get a good look at Kyle? He knows how he dies… It’s the ultimate reminder that you are mortal. Future Liz told me when I asked about my death, that it would haunt me. She wasn’t kidding. It’s always there, even when you think you don’t remember it, you do. You can’t unknow it, even now that it isn’t going to happen, it still bothers you.” Alex looked down at his hands. “No one deserves to know how they died. It’s even worse for Future Liz, because she knows how she lived.”

“You seem very protective of her.” Michael looked back. “Why?”

“Because even through the anger, hate, hurt and sadness… She’s our Liz. Michael, she’s still the girl who asked me to trade blood samples with Max. Future Liz might be meaner in some aspects. But you didn’t hear her talk about her Max… you. You had taught her how to drive stick. It seemed to be a positive memory even through all the hell she went through.” Alex looked Michael in the eye. “I’m not saying she was the only one in that universe who had it rough; I’m just saying she’s the only one left.”

“Which brings us back to our universe,” Tess softly interjected. “How are we going to become strong enough to defeat the Skins?”

“I have no doubt that woman has something up her sleeve.” Isabel’s voice was bitter, and dry.

“Are you angry at Future Liz for finding Zan or with Present Liz for falling in love with him?” Tess murmured.

“You’re just happy because with Liz out of the way you think you can dig your claws into my brother. That now he’ll comply with ‘Destiny’.” Isabel made the bunny ears at the word destiny. The words flew from her mouth dripping in venom.

“You’d think that… Heck, I thought so. I’ll be honest, it was the first thing I thought when I saw Liz with Zan. I thought I won. But I saw Max’s eyes when Alex told me I was his killer. I saw the disgust, and realized that other then hurt… I felt nothing really for him. I’ve been told since I came out of my pod that I was for Max…” Tess looked down at her hands.

Alex reached over, and took one of her hands in his. “That isn’t your only purpose. It doesn’t have to be your purpose at all.”

“Thank you, Alex… For everything.” Tess squeezed his hand, her eyes completely unguarded for the first time.

Max had questions. Future Liz preoccupied his thoughts as he had started to drive home. It hit him, if he wanted any answers; he needed to talk to Future Liz alone. He had dropped Isabel on the side of the road, which pissed her off, but he knew that Maria would pick her up soon.

He could see the Sheriff’s SUV, as he got closer. Max wanted to give them time to talk, but at the same time he felt his skin crawl with the desire for knowledge.

Future Liz pulled away from Jim’s embrace, a pad of one her palms rubbing against her eyes.

Max knew that his Future self could show up at any moment, and ruin any chance of talking to her. He slipped from the jeep, and he started toward pair.

“You shouldn’t be here, Max.” Jim tried to wave the young man off. “She’s not ready for visitors.”

“She talked to you.” Max was undaunted.

“I was asked to stay. She needed a favor.” Jim explained his tone harsh.

“What kind of favor?” Max demanded. He knew he shouldn’t treat Jim like he was, but it was like he had no control… He needed control.

“That’s between Liz and me. You aren’t my King, Max. She’s an old friend who lost her way, and needs help. Remember what it’s like to need help? You didn’t want your business paraded around. Don’t expect me to do that to hers.” Jim stared at Max, his face a mask of indifference. He was thankful for Max saving his son, but didn’t mean he had to cater to Max’s needs.

“Sheriff, I need to know…” Max was interrupted by Future Liz.

“It’s ok, Jim. I’ll talk to Max. He just wants answers. Some I can give… others… Well, it’s all in the timing.” Future Liz walked up to the two men. “Jim, thank you.”

“No, Liz… Thank you.” Jim pulled her into a quick hug again, and then set off to the SUV.

Future Liz stood watching Jim drive away before turning to Max. “What do you want, Max?”

“I’m not sure…” Max couldn’t think of any of the questions that had plagued him on the trip back.

Future Liz laughed softly. “Only you, Max. Only you would be all ready to bully answers from me, yet not remember the questions.”

“You talk like you know me.” Max shook his head.

“Max, I do. I was your wife.” Future Liz shook her head. “You probably want to know why I didn’t go to you.”

“That’s one question.” Max started to feel nervous. She was Liz, yet not. It unnerved him.

“I needed people who I knew would follow me. It was bad enough getting Future Max to follow my commands, two of you would have been impossible.” Future Liz explained in a short, clipped tone. “The other answers you seek… I can’t grant.”

“You won’t tell me who Serena is, or why she’s growing in my pod.” Max’s voice was flat, except with the stressed reminder of where Serena was growing.

“If the Granolith grants you such knowledge, then you are free to it. I am not in the position to explain things, not when such things aren’t even explained to Zan.” Future Liz looked towards the Pod Chamber.

“You want me to connect to the Granolith?” Max felt taken aback. He wasn’t expecting to be allowed.

“Max, I’m just saying if you want the answers to the questions I can not answer, the Granolith would be the one to ask. It’s completely up to you.” Future Liz shrugged.

“Then let’s ask the giant cone.” Max nodded, as he started toward the answers that sought.
My Author's Page ~ Click on picture

I will never know the sweet love of Milk! ~ Khivar in Through The Looking Glass
darkmoon
Addicted Roswellian

Death Is A Playground (UC/CC, Adult) Ch 21 ~ 10/16

Post by darkmoon »

Carrie ~ Seriously, I'm in awe of your feedback. It's never too long. Never think you can write a fb to me that is too long. ^.^ Not everything I write is spectacular, you're just biased. Hardcore biased. And I love you for that. I hope this makes you feel better, a little more Max friendly... ish. LOL! And thank you for the congrats. And congrats on your runner up award for Zan!!! *Snuggles*

Saavik ~ The Giant Cone and Max are going to have words... LOL! What can I say, it's going to be a great ride.

B ~ I love you, and agree with your opinion on Maria. I never liked her character, and yet writing this, I have to keep her that character. She can't be better or worse then we saw up to that point. And I think... I hope I'm doing that. *Huggles* I'm so thankful you love this chapter!!!

Natalie ~ Yay for being caught up!!! I hope this was soon enough for you! ^.^

Begonia ~ I'm glad you've gotten caught up and liked them!!

Rach ~ As horrible as it to say, I could live without having to write Maria and Isabel too. :lol: I'm glad that you have much with the Alex love. ^.^ And Jim too. We'll find out about the Granolith in this part. ^.^

V ~ Seriously... We really need to stop sharing a brain. Yeah, I've watched Serenity too many times that I wanted to end it like that too. :lol: :lol: And seriously... It's Maria... she doesn't know how to let up, or not to be all about the Me! Tess is growing a backbone... but not the kind of backbone she grew in the show. I think Alex is a good catalyst for the different change. I hope you enjoy the Granolith and Max moment.

Twilighteyes ~ Well, we find out about Max and the Granolith. And a little more info on Serena to come. I can't tell you who Serena is... it would cause me to have to write a new ending where a comet comes and destroys NM killing the two groups instantly and having total devastation as we know it. I am very thankful you love this fic. Alex is comforting Tess, he's good at that. I mean remember when he had to comfort Maria during the Courtney incident.

K ~ Thank you!!!!! *Snuggles* Alex is the bomb! And Maria bugs you and me in general. I hope you like this chapter as much as you like the rest.

C&N ~ Well, I post every Thursday without fail, so that might it easier to keep up with. I figure all the characters have major character flaws. FLiz, like Liz, can't let something go if it hurts her. I mean look at the sleeping with Tess moment in Chchchanges. FLiz can't let go of all the things Maria's haven't done yet, and have done. I love Alex in general.

Vaifield ~ Thank you!

Chapter 21

Max could feel the power of the Granolith. It seemed to vibrate off the walls of the chamber beating out an unknown tempo. He was slightly confused, why he had never felt it before? As he stepped fully into the chamber, a slight shock reminiscent of the time he had stuck his tongue on a battery coursed though him..

“You can feel it too?” Future Liz questioned.

“Don’t you?” Max could feel his hands shake slightly. He willed his nerves to settle.

“I’ve felt it since I connected with it. I thought it was only people who held the Seal could feel it, except Future Max doesn’t. It doesn’t seem to affect him, and with younger Liz and you feeling it… I don’t know what it means.” Future Liz shrugged, her fingers itched to reach up and stroke the Granolith.

Max stared as the colors swirled in patterns giving him a sense of peace. “How do I connect to it?” his voice was soft with wonder.

“You connect to it like you connect to anyone. You place your hand on the Granolith and empty your mind.” Future Liz prompted him.

Max placed his hand against the cone, and was mildly surprised to find it was warm to the touch. He wondered what he was supposed to do next when he felt a tug on his shirt. Pulling his hand away, he looked down to see a young girl no more then ten staring up at him. Max looked around to see Future Liz no where to be seen.

“You’re in the Granolith. She isn’t here.” The little girl cocked her head to the side, as if it helped her ponder. Her eyes were filled with answers and ancient knowledge.

“Are you the Granolith?” Max bent down to the girl, the shock of seeing her waned as the realization of whom she looked like, settled in. “You look exactly like Liz did when she was your age…”

“I’m not the Granolith… I’m Serena.” Serena bit her lip and looked down. “You’ve come looking for answers…”

“Yeah, like why are you growing in my pod?” Max’s mind raced at the possibilities of who exactly Serena could be and why she looked like Liz.

“Like Zan, you aren’t ready for that knowledge.” Serena nodded to herself. “You think you aren’t worthy, don’t you?” The question was stated as fact, as she walked away for a moment. “You don’t realize who you are, do you?”

“I’m an extra clone, the one who can’t hold the seal.” Bitterness flooded his tone as the anger of the situation finally broke through. “What kind of knowledge does this damn thing think I deserve? It obviously thinks I’m defective.”

“You aren’t defective.” Serena walked back, placing a hand to Max’s cheek. “There are just things that would hurt your mission if you were to know them now. The Granolith doesn’t think you unworthy, or damaged. You aren’t an extra. The Granolith thinks of the two sets as its children.”

“You talk as if it’s alive.” Max interrupted her speech. He didn’t want to hear the ‘You’re Very Special in Your Own Way’ speech.

“Think of the Granolith as your mother. The pods were powered by it, both sets.” Serena smiled softly. “It’s proud of both of you. Zan and you aren’t interchangeable. Max is Max, as Zan is Zan. And neither of you are the original Zan.”

“How does this explain anything?” Max shook his head, “You speak in riddles.”

“I’m a mysterious child growing in your birth pod created by a device that is considered an ancient holy relic of your home planet. You were expecting me to just blurt out answers?” Serena laughed slightly.

“I could hope.” Max grumbled.

“You feel like your life is out of control. You relish control. But, Max, you have to realize that you have more to fight for then just getting the girl in the end.” Serena bit her lip. “The crown was never something you wished for, so why mourn it? Is it because the crown brought you Liz? Liz loved you before she thought you were king.”

“If she loved me then, why doesn’t she love me now? Why is she hanging off Zan like he’s the only thing in her world?” Max didn’t mean to explode at the little girl. He almost kicked himself when he saw the hurt and disappointment in her eyes.

“I said she loved you. And she does love you, but not in the way she loves Zan. Max, your love for her isn’t healthy. You’ve placed all your hopes and dreams into a woman who had a crush on you, but could never live up to your expectations. The pedestal was too high, and eventually she’d have fallen, crushing the both of you. Zan… He has no expectation of her. They see into each other’s souls, and the connection is there in a way that hasn’t been seen in centuries, maybe even millennia.” Serena’s voice was calm, but held a tinge of steel. She lifted her eyes to meet his, shocking Max to the core. Her brown eyes which seemed older then her outward appearance, now were a kaleidoscope of colors that reminded Max of the patterns on the Granolith.

“What are you?” Max’s eyes grew wide with wonder, but his expression held a hint of horror.

“I am Serena,” her voice was sad and broken as she closed her eyes and hung her head. “I’ve spoken too much. You won’t find the answers you want here. I only speak truths, and you wish for pretty lies.”

Max reached out for her, wishing to mend the broken tone in her voice. He didn’t know why it hurt him, if it was the fact that she sounded as much like Liz as she looked or if a connection was there do to a shared pod. It shook him to his core as she evaporated from existence like a flame in the face of the wind. The Granolith stood in her place taunting him with its knowledge.

He looked over to see Future Liz and Future Max arguing quietly. The words were hard to hear, but trying to kill me was very distinctive from Future Max.

Future Liz pointed to Max, and was startled to see him watching them, “See, Max, your younger self is fine.”

“If you thought it was dangerous, why did you want Zan and me to connect to the Granolith?” Max demanded.

I never thought it was dangerous. Actually I’ve been trying to get your older self to connect also. He’s worried that it will kill you, or Zan.” Future Liz shook her head.

“What would make him think that?” Max stared at his older self.

“It’s killing her.” Future Max glared at Future Liz.

“I told you, it’s the Seal. The Granolith does have a lot to do with it, but no human was meant to have an active Seal. Like the Granolith itself, it was meant only for Antarians.” Future Liz pleaded for Future Max to understand.

“You’re dying?!” Max knew he should demand more answers, but the thought of Liz, any Liz, dying scared him.

“I’m carrying the Seal. In its inactive stage, I could have carried it with no side effects. On the other hand, once active, it started killing me.” Future Liz explained with no emotion. She refused to apologize or allow pity. It was her burden, and she would carry it to the end.

“What did you see?” Future Max decided he didn’t want to hear more about Future Liz’s death. It was a subject he pretended didn’t exist.

“Serena. Why does she look exactly like you, Liz?” Max explained annoyed by the subject change. “Why are you carrying an active Seal?”

“If she didn’t explain why she looked like me, I certainly won’t. And I’m…I was carrying it for the last remaining member of Antarian royalty. It was inactive. It activated when I connected to the Granolith to come back to the past.” Future Liz hated explaining herself more then once, but reminded herself that if she had brought in the Pod Squad in the beginning she wouldn’t have had to. But the tone of Max’s questions reminded her why she didn’t bring them in at first; it was one of expected obedience.

“Who was the last in the line that couldn’t carry it?” Max demanded.

“Your son,” Future Liz looked away, “my baby, Zanny.”

“We had a son?” Max’s heart broke a little more at the future he’d never have.

“No, Max, we didn’t. You got Tess knocked up.” Future Liz couldn’t look at either of them.

Max could feel the air punched from his lungs. He had not only slept with Tess, who had killed Alex, he had gotten her pregnant. “What happened?” his voice broken, as he willed his knees not to fail him.

“I broke your heart, as I was asked to by your older self. You turned to Tess, like you were supposed to. Alex died; you pulled away from everyone except Tess. You slept with her, she became pregnant, which was all according to her plan. Nasedo had made a deal with Khivar. He was to bring the four of you back with Tess pregnant. The three of you would be executed, and Tess would be Queen Mother. Nasedo died, and Tess decided to go along with his plan. I don’t know why, but I know she won’t do it now.” Future Liz looked over at Max, her eyes with both heartache and pity.

“How do you know?” Max taunted.

“You didn’t see the fear in her eyes, not of me. She was scared of what she could become.” Future Liz explained. “Just like you’re scared of the answers you seek.”

Future Max glared at the two of them, and shook his head. “I know neither of you care, but I think connecting with the Granolith was a bad idea to begin with.”

“That’s because you’re scared.” Future Liz looked over.

“I’m scared of what?” Future Max demanded.

“Of being an alien,” Future Liz shook her head.
Last edited by darkmoon on Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

darkmoon
Addicted Roswellian

Death Is A Playground (UC/CC, Adult) Ch 22 ~ 10/23

Post by darkmoon »

B ~ It just awes me that you love this fic. You are so insanely talented, and not only are you my best friend, you are my loudest supporter. Thank you. Death Is a Playground wouldn't be here if not for your loving support. And I made you write a longer feedback, I feel like a Win At Life!!!!

Saavik ~ I hope, truly hope everything goes well. I hope you got my e-mail earlier and that this is just a refresher. ^.^

Twilighteyes ~ Don't worry about missing a clue, I left one, but it was very very very vague. And I think I'm the only one who thought it gave everything away. I was like 'Do you think I explained it all too much?' to my betas. And they are like... We still have no flippin' clue what you are doing. I was like... but but... Ok. LOL! Thank you for agreeing with Serena's assessment of Max. FMax never grew out of his hatred for being an alien. And he's hid in his happy life with Liz from that. I think that he's not as mature as the Max who is finding his world not only crumbling, but having to cope with all this information being thrown at him. I mean there is this child growing in his pod. And this giant cone is calling it's self Mommy! Thank you for loving this story!!!!!!

Rach ~ Liz and Zan are next... sorta. LOL! I'm so happy to see that you brave the Abyss for this fic.

V ~ More Liz and Zan!!! Alex and Tess later!! *loves*

Carrie ~ Honestly, there are no words to how much your feedback means to me. You are one of my loudest cheerleaders. Your feedbacks are like chocolate!!! I feel the need to read them quick... then I reread them a hundred times because it makes me feel like a better writer then I am. I wish I felt a third of the confidence you have in my writing. I have to admit the comment about wanting pretty lies, I woke up B in the middle of the night to read her that line. To me it explains the entire chapter.
I swear to god we are witnessing a future screen writer!!!!
I wish. But thank you, so so so very very insanely much for believing not only in that, but in me. I don't think I'd be half the writer I am without you. THANK YOU!!!

Natalie ~ Thank you so very very much!! This is a little more light-hearted.

Eve ~ Thank you!!!

Chapter 22

The car trip was made in silence. No one wanted to break delicate stillness and cause the weary king to open his eyes to glare.

“Max, I need you to drop me off first. After you drop everyone else off, pick me back up. I need you to drop me off at my husband’s room.” Liz broke the silence.

Zan opened his eyes, and sat up. “You will spend the night with your parents.” His voice was no nonsense tone that warned her not to argue with him.

“I will not!” Liz turned to Zan in outrage. The look she gave him was one that said that they would talk about it later.

“I’m not your chauffeur. I’m dropping everyone off once. I have a bad feeling leaving that we shouldn’t have left first.” Future Max shook his head.

Zan smiled and thanked Future Max, who sort of grunted the response that it wasn’t for him.

“If we’s allowed to talk, I’ms gonna.” Rath cracked his knuckles. “Duke, what’s da game plan? We just gonna just sit all choir boy like?”

“You’s heard da Queenie. We’s need ta get schooled in da art of ass kicking.” Lonnie smacked Rath upside the head. “At least you’s do.”

“Choir boy like?” Kyle piped up, looking confused.

“Bent over and waiting ta get fucked.” Rath explained.

“Rath, you need to learn patience, my friend. I know what we are up against. Believe me when I say, if we go in now, we will die.” Zan’s tone held the authority of leadership. “The Granolith has spoken of battles, bloodshed, and love.”

“I don’t trust it.” Future Max muttered as he pulled up behind the Crashdown.

“That is because you only know it as a machine; a machine that has taken your wife, and life away from you. I see it as my mother, father and protector, the only protector I can truly trust.” Zan explained before pulling Liz close for a kiss. “My love, be well.”

“I’ll see you soon.” Liz kissed Zan again before leaving the Yukon.

“Stay home.” Zan commanded, as Future Max pulled out Liz’s overnight bag.

Liz just responded with a smile and a blown kiss.

“I do not trust her.” Zan stared out the window as Future Max drove off.

“Dat’s cause you’s duck ducked da right Queen. She’s tagged ya out, and now you’s all stuck wit it now.” Rath laughed. “I’s like her.”

Lonnie laughed. “Rath’s gots a point. She’s owned ya in more ways den one.”

“Zan, she’s no me. She ain’t taking you’s shit. And’s best ta her.” Ava smiled from Kyle’s lap. “Like’s da pops in da metal in da numba 3 Indiana Jones… You’s chose corr’ctly, and like.”

“I love that movie!” Kyle exclaimed.

“Cornball.” Lonnie muttered shaking her head.

“Hey’s dat be my man you’s just called Cornball, Lon. Respect it! I’s like dat flick too. Da rats remind me too much of da pad.” Ava shuddered in disgust.

“There aren’t any rats at my place.” Kyle reminded softly.

“Gots popcorn?” Rath looked hopeful.

“I thought you were getting your own room.” Kyle looked slightly green.

“True dat, but… I like’s popcorn.” Rath ended badly. “I can’ts leave da King, but damns dis gonna be all lonely-like.”

“I’s stay wit ya.” Lonnie smirked. “Don’ts wants ya ta get bored.”

“A bored Rath is never a good situation.” Zan groaned in agreement. “You, my friend, are like an ADD child with sugar laden cereal.”

“Whaz ADD?” Rath cocked an eyebrow.

“It’s when you get distracted by shiny objects really easily. And I’m not just talking about boobs. I’m talking you see a quarter and you forget to keep walking.” Kyle cracked up.

Ava smacked Kyle for the boobs comment. Lonnie laughed as Rath scratched his head in confusion on how boobs and quarters had anything to do with each other.

Future Max shook his head as he muttered something about the idiots shall inherit the Earth, and that the mission had seriously flaws.

“We might not be the elite fighting force you want, but we are the best this planet has. You need to get over yourself. You came back to change the future, well you have. Congratulations. Just do not whine when it is not the way you wish.” Zan growled at Future Max.

“We’re at the Kyle’s house.” Future Max put the Yukon in park and ignored Zan as he walked out to get Ava and Kyle’s things.

“He’s always been a pissy bitch.” Kyle shrugged and patted Zan on the shoulder. “We’re going to kick some Skin’s ass. Then we figure out a way to make the commute between New York and Roswell shorter.” Kyle tapped Rath’s head in goodbye.

Rath flicked off Kyle in response while smirking. Rath and Kyle knew what the other had meant.

Lonnie pulled Kyle into a hug, before hugging Ava. “Don’ts be messin’ ‘round too much. Trojan don’t bulk boxes.”

“You’s so nasty.” Ava laughed.

“I’s be bang bits wit Rath… Nasty’s all’s we got.” Lonnie laughed.

As they left Kyle and Ava, Zan groaned. “I do not want a room next to the two of you. It was bad enough when Rath was going to be by his self.”

“Sorry, Duke. A man’s gots ta do… Well, he’s gots ta do his girl.” Rath laughed.

Lonnie smacked Rath upside the head. “I’s make sure you’s by your’s lonesome.” Lonnie smiled at Zan. “Plus, da Queen might’s be over ta knock boots. I’s don’t needs ta hear dat.” She stuck her tongue out in disgust. “Bro, I’s don’t ever needs ta hear ya bumping uglies.”

“I told her to stay home.” Zan rolled his eyes.

“And’s you’s take dat as word.” Lonnie laughed, with Rath joining in.

“Duke, dat’s too… I’s gots no words. It’s Da Queen. She’s boom boom, like’s Fourth of July. Pretty, but she’s take off your’s hand iffin you don’ts let go when you’s should.” Rath stopped laughing, but the amusement still rumbled in his voice.

“True dat!” Lonnie laughed. “Has you’s ever brain cracked dat da Queen takes you’s word as law? She’s like Red Bull… Got’s wings, and got’s ya by da horns.”

Zan sneered at his sibling and best friend. “Are we driving back to the Pod Chamber? I am sure that the motel could not be this far away.” Zan grumbled at Future Max.

“We’re here, your majesty.” Future Max sneered, not leaving his seat.

Rath helped Zan out. “Lons, gets us a room.” Rath handed Lonnie Zan’s wallet. “Thank’s dat.”

“I’s be back.” Lonnie rolled her eyes.

A few minutes later, Lonnie came back with two room keys. “Where’s da Grandpa?”

“As soon as you went to get us a room, he drove off.” Zan grumbled.

“Da prick left da gear.” Rath motioned to the bags.

“Where’d ya get da cash?” Lonnie demanded from Zan.

“Can we talk about this in our room?” Zan motioned to the room.

“Cans do,” Lonnie motion to the room, “it’s dis way.”

Lonnie opened the room, and motioned to drop Zan on the bed.

Rath dropped Zan on the bed and laughed. “You’s gots ta babbles now.”

“Your Queen gave me three of the Future girl’s magic money. The rest is from the bills we picked up from that street vendor. I changed it before they had showed up.” Zan explained.

“Well’s good. I’s didn’t wants it to be blood money’s from Grandpa.” Lonnie nodded. “We’s be off. Say hi ta da Queen for’s us.” She grabbed Rath’s Mohawk and walked out.

“She is not going to show up!” Zan exclaimed, before kicking off his shoes and curling up to sleep.

Sometime in the night, Liz snuck into the room, and curled next to her hardheaded husband. “I don’t listen to stupid orders.” She rolled her eyes before falling asleep.

darkmoon
Addicted Roswellian

Death Is A Playground (UC/CC, Adult) Ch 23 ~ 11/6

Post by darkmoon »

B ~ You are insane!!! I LOVE YOU!!!!! I hope you love this chapter as much as the rest of the fic. I can't believe you are getting people to join the Darkmoon Fanclub. Once again, INSANE!!!! *GLOMP*

Carrie ~ Rath has more great lines. I hope you find this as funny and wonderful as the last!! Just remember, you're VP on the Darkmoon Fanclub... So says B. LOL! And how could I forget the VP to my fanclub?!?!?! *Glomp*

Begonia ~ Liz is a very independent. LOL!

Kari ~ You amaze me!! I can't believe you reread the chapters twice!!!!! And I'm so proud of you for figuring out what you did! You aren't the only one who wanted to kick FMax's butt. I hope you enjoy this fic!!

Rach ~ It made perfect sense. I hope you enjoy this part as much! Max is a bit of a tool at times. LOL!

V ~ How does it feel to be Secretary of the Darkmoon fanclub? LOL! I hope this keeps you going, m'dear!

Saavik ~ How is the jaw? Thank you for being the Treasurer of the Darkmoon Fanclub!!! And I'm glad you can forgive me for taking a week off. I promise not to do this often.

Dez ~ THANK YOU!!!!! I'm glad you are enjoying the Alex/Tess growing relationship. They are healing each other, and I am glad that it shows! I understand why you're split on the Maria issue. I haven't always liked her, but I want her in character. And I think that she has every right to be freaking out. Like Tess pointed out, this was just dropped into Maria and the Pod Squad's lap. Alex and the others have had times to deal.
Serena is a mystery wrapped in a pod of enigma. LOL! I love hearing your thoughts on her! ^.^
Zan will continue to speak with proper English. I've even had to go back and fix when I have him using didn't and such. I wanted to show a distinct difference in the Crowned Zan vs Zan before connecting w/ the Gran. Liz is her own woman, and like she did with going to the Reservation with Max, she won't back down with Zan. This will be funny to see how he takes this. LOL. He's used to obedience. Liz doesn't take things laying down. ^.^ I'm really glad you are enjoying my take on Rath. He's a fun character to write, he's got moments where you can totally see Michael, and others where you are like... he's a clone? Lol.
I hope you are feeling better and the Nightquil did it's job!!!! I hope you enjoy the rest of the story!!!

Detzer84 ~ Thank you very very much!!! I hope you enjoy this next part as much as the rest of the story!!

Chapter 23

Zan awoke to the sound of his wife breathing, and her heartbeat beating a tempo under his hand. They were spooned; one of his hands cupping her breast, while the other was curled around her waist. He grumbled under his breath about hard headed queens, and the distinct lack of listening on the part of him being the king. All of which really sounded like grumbling snores, then actual words.

“Zan, less talking, more sleeping. I have school in the morning.” Liz turned around, and faced him, her eyes still closed. Her voice held the breathlessness of sleep driven complaints.

Zan squeezed her breast, as he kissed her forehead. He couldn’t see what time it was, but his internal clock demanded his full attention.

“If it’s not six, I’m killing you, and making Rath my king. I figure a hose and bleach should make him livable.” Liz snarled. Her body dragging her mind from the sweet comfort of sleep.

“And you better be a figment of my imagination. I told you, my love, that you needed to spend time with your parents.” Zan leaned down, and nibbled on Liz’s neck.

“I said it before,” Liz was cut off as she sighed in pleasure. “I don’t listen to stupid orders. It’s a habit I picked up while dealing with Max.”

“Please do not bring my clone into our marriage bed.” Zan grumbled as he bit the underside of Liz’s jaw bone.

“This isn’t the time to have that conversation then.” Liz fumbled with Zan’s shirt, pushing it up.

“We will discuss this later.” Zan pulled his shirt totally off, as he did the same with Liz’s.

“Much later.” Liz demanded, as she kissed him.

Zan growled as a knock came from the door.

“Duke! Micro’s here pickin’ da Queen up for school. He’s all like you’s all can comes too. And I’s all like...” Rath was interrupted as a fuming Zan clad only in his pants flung open the door.

“Shut up!” Zan growled. “Your Queen will be out in a few minutes. Leave us.”

“I’s goin’ ta… yeah… go.” Rath’s eyes widened as he realized that what he must have interrupted.

Rath walked back to Tess’ SUV. “You’s all owes me bling bling. I take it outs in sex with Lon.”

Tess held out a ten with the tips of her fingers, as if touching Rath would give her cooties.

“You can take it out in sex with Alex too.” Kyle teased as he slapped the ten into Rath’s palm, with a laugh.

Alex twitched, as he quickly handed over the ten.

“She’s dere, and dey be trying ta bang.” Rath stuck his tongue out in disgust. “And I’s got ta see Duke… Da Queen was no sighting. Why’s dat I never gets ta see flesh on dat hot piece of…” Rath trailed off, as a hand clamped on his shoulder.

“Because my friend, and first in command, if you had, you would be neither. Also, the breath that you have would have left your body.” Zan growled behind Rath.

“Yessir.” Rath’s eyes widened as he could feel the power radiating from his King’s hand.

“Good.” Zan nodded, his hand sliding from Rath’s shoulder. “Your Queen will be out soon. She did not realize the time.”

“Well, it’s not like she got much sleep.” Kyle muttered.

“Are you implying that I would deter my wife from her much needed rest for pleasures of the flesh?” Zan raised an eyebrow.

“Yeah, and the fact that it was about midnight when she snuck over,” Kyle shrugged.

“How do you know this?” Zan questioned; his tone was one of authority but lacked the underlying demand that always seemed to coat Max’s.

“Do you think she walked over? I drove her. I figured she’d try to walk if I didn’t, and I like living. I know you’d kill if I didn’t keep an eye on her.” Kyle shrugged. “You may not be my king, but I respect you. For that and out of my love for Liz, I’ll take care of her.” Kyle nodded.

“Love?” Zan looked intrigued, but not in the slight bit worried.

“I said love, not in love. I’ve known Liz for most of my life. We used to date; there is love and caring there. It might not be love like you have for her, but it’s like what Alex feels for her.” Kyle stared into Zan’s eyes. “Ava, on the other hand, I could fall in love with her.”

Liz made a happy noise from behind Zan, as she threw herself at Kyle. “That’s fantastic!”

“Liz, you aren’t helping the ‘she’s only a friend’ conversation…” Kyle laughed as he caught her and returned the hug. “But I do enjoy you hanging all over me.”

“If dats what gets groping, I’s could fall for Aves too.” Rath smirked as he held open his arms.

“What part of the conversation did you come in on?” Alex laughed at his friends’ antics.

“When Kyle was explaining to my dear husband that he drove me.” Liz let go of Kyle. She walked over to Zan, and pulled him down for a kiss. “He was right. I would have walked if I had to.”

“And this is why I am thankful for Kyle.” Zan rolled his eyes. “You are too hard headed for your own good.”

“I call it being resourceful.” Liz corrected.

“Well, as nice this little argument between the king and queen is… The queen still has school.” Alex pointed to the SUV. “My lady, your chariot waits.”

“And I’m driving, which makes it safer then if Kyle drove.” Tess teased, feeling more at ease then she had her entire life.

“I’d love a ride to school.” Liz smiled softly back at Tess before turning back to Zan. “I’ve got to go. They expect me to go and be smart.”

“You already are.” Zan kissed her goodbye.

School went in a strange fast paced standstill. Liz could feel time move around her, yet it never seemed to go anywhere. She wondered if it would be like this every time Zan and she were apart.

Her thoughts were pulled to the Granolith, as she sat in her study hall. It had spoken to her as a mother would to a child. It whispered of the upcoming battle, and Kal. Kal, who would be a watchman over the child, Serena.

Kal would be the unknown in her equation for the final outcome. She worried that he would forsake his duty as he had before. Future Liz seemed to know more then she was saying, but it was pulling teeth to get information from her.

The visions were another fear of hers. It reared its ugly head as her thoughts turned to Future Liz. Were the white cataracts part of the visions she would eventually gain, along with her other powers? Was it the seal amplifying Future Liz’s powers? Liz could feel the power grow in her, the nerve ending singing as if charged with static.

Zan made the feeling dissipate. His presence didn’t completely dispel the feeling, but made it more manageable. She wondered if Future Liz had similar feelings with her Max. She wanted to ask, but was almost scared of the answer. She didn’t want to know that she wasn’t supposed to feel this, or that something was wrong.

“You’re thinking too much.” Michael leaned over and whispered.

“You’re talking to me? I thought the group would have decided to ignore me.” Liz whispered back, hoping the teacher would stay oblivious to everything except the book he was reading. It was the first time Liz was thankful for budget cuts and insane guidance councilors who refused to allow a fully loaded schedule. Liz had called it being ready for college; the guidance councilor called it burn out. Either way, Liz had gotten stuck with a study hall.

“When have I ever played by the rules? And Maxwell was too freaked out by his time demanding answers from older you, he didn’t tell us not to.” Michael grumbled.

“He went to see her? What did he learn?” Liz quietly demanded. She wasn’t sure if Max gotten more answers from Future Liz, but any answers at this point would be better then cryptic messages from the Granolith and half explained plans by her older self.

“He wouldn’t talk about it. He looked shell-shocked.” Michael was cut off as the teacher looked over at them.

“Is there something you feel the need to share with the class, Mr. Guerin?” The teacher leaned from his position in the chair.

“I need a bathroom pass.” Michael shrugged.

“And you believe that Ms. Parker can get that for you?”

“I was just complaining that you are finding your book more interesting then the needs of the students.” Michael snapped back.

“You can go to the Principle’s as well as the bathroom.” The teacher demanded.

“It’s a study hall.” Michael rolled his eyes as he got up, and walked out.

“Anyone else feel the need to add their two cents as well?” The teacher demanded.

“Can I have a bathroom pass as well?” Liz asked weakly. Her tone conveyed the suggestion of weakness and submission. She knew it was the only way to talk to Michael without worrying about another teacher interrupting.

“As long as you promise not to allow your bright future to be tarnished by Mr. Guerin’s influence.”

“I can promise that.” Liz knew that Michael’s attitude wouldn’t be a limitation to her goals. That his loyalty to his family could only help in her goals.

“Make sure you can.” The teacher handed the pass to Liz.

Liz quickly darted out of class to find Michael. He had disappeared, and Liz knew that he might be able to ditch class with little consequences. Her disappearance would be more pronounced.

Slipping into the bathroom, Liz leaned against the wall to think. Max had went back to talk to Future Liz. It would explain Future Max’s agitation, and bad feeling. What could Max find that would leave him looking haunted. The lack of knowledge, and fear for her husband reignited the flame of determination to get answers from her future self. She might not be able to touch her, and demand answers that way, but she wasn’t taking any more, ‘it’s for your own good’ answers.
Last edited by darkmoon on Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

darkmoon
Addicted Roswellian

Death Is A Playground (UC/CC, Adult) Ch 24 ~ 11/13

Post by darkmoon »

For those questioning what I'd want to call Rath/Alex if they were to ever get together... Microgrunge. That's my name for it, and I'm sticking to it. ^.^

I had a Dr appt. So I posted early!

Saavik ~ THANK YOU!!!! And seriously… I think I give myself too much credit. But I also have a self esteem that I keep in my sock drawer. It’s very breakable. Seki got the self esteem, I got the good looks. LOL! Don’t tell him I said that.

B ~ Thank you! I’m glad I could renew your love for this show, because you dragged me into it kick and screaming. LOL! I always worry about my characterizations. And with Kyle I always saw him wanting to protect Liz. Even when she just wanted him to go away in first season, most saw it as stalking her. I saw it as an ex-boyfriend who worries that the girl he had loved (maybe not in love with but still loved) has fallen in with a bad crowd. Her personality started to change from his perspective; I mean she became more secretive. And yes, as the viewers, we know why. But he doesn’t. He doesn’t know that Liz is protecting Max, Michael and Isabel’s secret. He just sees that once Max Evans came into her life, Liz Parker started to change for the worst. And I want to convey his protective nature in this. I’m glad I’ve done so. *Snuggles*

Kari ~ Seriously, I don’t cringe at your analyzing. I’m giddy and excited to see what you’ve come up with!!!! I LOVE IT! I LOVE that this fic makes you think. I love that you feel the need to try to figure it out.
I must admit, I love Rath. He’s one of my favorite characters to write because he writes himself when I have him in a scene.
Kyle… well anyone who knows me knows my Kyle love has no bounds. ^.^
Isabel is still having issues dealing with everything that has been laid at her feet. She’s happy to see Alex, but being Isabel, if she doesn’t need him for something there isn’t a reason to have him around. (Just my feelings towards her)
I hope that this chapter does as much for you as the rest of the fic already has. I love that you love it. And I thank you with everything I am for leaving fb.

Detzer ~ Thank you very very much. I hope that this part keeps you going. And that you love this chapter as much as you enjoyed the last. Thank you for leaving fb.

Rach ~ As always, it’s a joy to see your fb! You can love all three. Rath can share. He keeps trying to tell Alex that sharing Lon is no problem because he’s a sharing kind of guy. LOL! He’s such a perv. I hope you enjoy this chapter like always! ^.^ Thank you again!!!

Carrie ~ Seriously, it a small club. And I love that you are all about the Darkmoon love though. ^.^ Liz and Zan will have more moments together. It just wasn’t time for it. School awaits Liz. And Zan doesn’t know the meaning of Quickie. ^.^ You have a lot of pull as does all my hardcore fans. I mean you went as far as to advertize my fics in yours. I have no words at how awed and amazed I am. Honestly I don’t think I deserve the love I get. But I’m selfish, and I’m not giving it up. I hope this is as much as you hoped and more. ^.^ *snuggles*

Eve ~ Thank you very much!!!

V ~ Greatness? Thank you! I don’t think I deserve it, but I’m not letting you take it back. This hopefully is what you’ve been waiting for. ^.^ Thank you again!!!

And I want to thank my lurkers. I know you don’t think you have anything to add, but remember, a writer is only as good as the response they receive. I feed on comments like; Cool or Good chapter. ^.^

Chapter 24

School had been pushed to the back of her mind, as Liz followed her schedule in almost a robotic motion. Questions and the growing feeling of impatience destroyed the sense of joy that used to saturate her about school.

She stalked into Chemistry to find the only seat not taken was next to Max. Liz groaned to herself as she sat down. Unlike what she expected, Max just sat there. His eyes strayed to her, and she had to admit hers did the same.

“I think we need to get this out of the way, Max. Especially since it looks like we might be lab partners this year.” Liz turned to Max, hoping to get this out of the way.

“Do you love him?” Max needed to hear the words first and foremost from her.

“I love him with all that I am, Max.” Liz explained, feeling sorrow for causing him pain as he winced at the confession.

“I knew it, I just… I needed to hear it.” Max tried to cover the emotional wound her words had left. “She told me that I wanted to hear pretty lies, she was right.” Max muttered half under his breath.

“Who, Max?” Liz caught the words ‘She told me’.

“Serena.” Max cringed at the name, remembering the pain that filled the girl’s eyes at his outburst.

“You’ve spoken with her?” Liz whispered as her eyes widened at the implication that Serena was out of her pod already.

“Through the Granolith. Future Liz wanted me to connect with the Granolith for answers,” Max whispered back, looking down at the table. “I met her instead.” Max looked back up and into Liz’s eyes hoping to see answers. “Why does she look like you?”

“She looks like me?” Liz’s eye widened, as her voice squeaked in confusion. The questions seemed to pile higher then the answers, all which led back to her future self. If the craving for answers wasn’t enough before, she was positively voracious in her need to know what was happening.

As the teacher walked in, Liz motioned to Max that they would talk later.

Chemistry had gone smoother then expected, but Liz had forgotten how well Max and she had worked together as partners before they had gotten together. It reminded her that even though they weren’t together anymore and as much pain and hurt that was there, they were still a team.

After class ended, Liz pulled Max aside. “I need you to take me to the… ruins.” Liz could feel herself almost slip and say Pod Chamber. The knowledge that the entire school was watching them weighed upon her shoulders like a cloak of scrutiny as she waited for his response.

“We can go after school. Are you sure you want me to take you?” Max seemed confused and, yet, a bit hopeful.

“Max, just because we aren’t together anymore doesn’t mean we aren’t friends. I know it’ll be hard for you, but I need you. I need you to be my strength, and my friend. We need to find answers, and take charge.” Liz hoped that the glimmer in Max’s eye was a sign that he wanted to be friends, and not the hope that they would get back together.

“Liz, I’ll always be your friend. You’re right, it hurts. It hurts to know that I’m not who you want or need. I’ll help you through this or anything else if you need me too, but you have to give me time. I can’t just close my love off to you.” Max bit out, his eyes looked into the crowd that seemed to form during the conversation.

Liz and Max blushed as they realized that they were the newest entertainment. The airing of their ‘dirty laundry’ was both freeing and damning.

Liz knew that it was best for the school to know that Max and she weren’t together anymore, but it hurt that it had been done like this. She also hurt for Max, who had been thrust into the lime light due to the ‘on again off again’ nature of their relationship.

Max could feel the heat rise in his face, as the wish for obscurity bubbled from inside. He didn’t like the spectacle his life had become. It was moments like this had made him wish that he hadn’t had made the effort to be more outgoing. The anonymity of before would have been a much given blessing, but he knew that he couldn’t go back.

“I’ll see you after school.” Liz placed hand on Max’s arm, before walking off to her next class. Liz could feel a weight lift from her heart that she didn’t realize was there. The sudden rush to see Zan, to have him share her joy and relief, was almost tangible.

“So, do you feel better?” a voice she knew too well cut into her thoughts.

“Maria, do I feel better about what?” Liz didn’t want to do this. She didn’t want to fight with one of her closest friends. She stopped walking and looked Maria, waiting for the accusations to start.

“You break his heart in front of the whole school. It’s bad enough your future self had to pull him aside and rip into him.” Maria shook her head, as if she didn’t know Liz anymore.

“We talked, Maria. Just because I’ve realized that I wasn’t truly in love with Max, doesn’t make me a bad person. It makes me a better one for not allow myself to pretend Max is Zan. It’s better not to string Max along thinking we’d get back together.” Liz shook her head and started toward her next class. She knew that Max and Maria had bonded over their mutual heartbreak; it just hurt to see that Maria was unwilling to see her side.

Alex and Tess passed by Liz, each giving their support in their own way, Alex squeezing her shoulder and Tess smiling in reassurance. Tess' support was a relief, but fit like a new pair of shoes. It was almost like being unsure if it should be comfortable or not.

The rest of the day was a rush of pretending that she cared about the rest of her classes. School was over in almost a rush of relief. Liz mused that this must be what all the other students felt like.

She rushed to meet Max at his Jeep, and trip was made in silence. Both lost in their worlds of thought.

The Yukon stood ominously guard over the caves, as Future Max sat at the mouth of the cave. His expression one of confusion, as Liz jumped from the jeep as it stopped.

“I need to see me.” Liz demanded as she stalked up to Future Max.

Max seemed almost amused by her ferocious nature. Or maybe it was that Future Max had a deer in the headlights look as she gave her demands.

Future Liz walked out of the cave with a serene look on her face. “You wanted to see me? I could hear you in the Granolith chamber.”

“She wants answers, and I don’t think telling her to connect to the Granolith is going to work.” Max shrugged.

“What do you need to know, Liz?” Future Liz cocked her head to the side. Her eyes burnt into Liz’s soul; the knowledge she wanted to know almost in her reach.

“The visions, you said they weren’t painful before the seal. The silver that covered your eyes, and the bloody nose, are they things that I can look forward to when I get the visions?” Liz demanded. It wasn’t the first question she had, but it was probably the easiest question to have Future Liz answer.

“Both of those symptoms are new, added on with the Seal’s help. If it wasn’t that the visions were more precise and helpful, I’d think it wasn’t worth it.” Future Liz shrugged.

“You get painful visions?” Max blanched, worried for Future Liz.

“It’s ok, Max.” Future Liz spoke in calm, soothing tone.

“Why does Serena look like me, or should I say, us?” Liz decided to go for the kill while Future Liz was trying to calm Max.

“It’s not time for you to know that.”

“She looks like you?” Future Max looked up, confused.

“You haven’t told him yet? Why keep this from everyone? If she isn’t important enough to tell us, why give her a protector? Why is Kal coming?” Liz demanded; her fingers curled into fist. She knew she couldn’t touch Future Liz, but it didn’t mean she didn’t wish she could hit her.

“I didn’t say Serena wasn’t important. I just said it wasn’t time for you to know who she is. She’s very important.” Future Liz shook her head. “Kal is needed for many reasons. Serena is just one of them. I keep this from everyone because the knowledge of who she is could only hurt our fight against the Skins.”

“I need to know that I can trust you. I can’t allow my king and husband walk into a battle unready.” Liz needed to know where Future Liz’s loyalties lay.

“I wouldn’t wish Khivar’s reign on anyone. I wouldn’t let my family and friends to walk into a battle unready. We will train, and defeat our enemies. I refuse to allow myself the peace of nothingness without knowing that which could be, won’t.” Future Liz tilted her head back, looking down at her younger self. “Kal will be here within the day. Make ready your king.”

“I’m not done asking questions.” Liz growled.

“But I’m done answering them.” Future Liz said tiredly.

“You talked about how you had no problem telling us of your world, because if you succeed, it wouldn’t exist. You told us not to pity what you had gone through because by changing this world, I would never become you. Yet now you speak in riddles and half truths, and you expect us to believe that this will give us strength in knowing that our world won’t be yours. I’m sorry, but I can’t trust that.” Liz squared her shoulders.

Both Maxs could see the queen Liz would be. She wasn’t backing down, nor asking permission, she demanded loyalty. Future Max could hear Ava’s comment about choosing wisely in Zan’s Queen.

“Call your King.” Future Liz shook her head. “I will answer what I can. What I can’t, and won’t answer are questions about Serena. I said it before, and I will continue to say it; it’s not time for you to know who Serena is.”

“I don’t know the phone number to the motel.” Liz pointed out as she held her cellphone.

“I didn’t mean through the phone lines. You two are connected. Call him the way you called to him that night in the Yukon. You can still feel the connection, it can’t just go away, and nothing that strong goes away that easily.” Future Liz shook her head.

“You want me to try to contact with him through the connection?” Liz sounded unsure on how to do it.

“You’ve done it once, your body remembers. Just let yourself find it again.” Future Liz shook her head as if talking to a child.

Liz closed her eyes, feeling stupid. She didn’t know how she had done it before. It was just there tickling in the back of her mind. As she concentrated on the memory of the first time she felt it, the same tickle skirted across her mind. It tingled in the back of her throat like pop rocks. Her thoughts strained to lock onto the feeling. Then there it was there, a blinding white cord. It seemed to leave her body at her stomach, as if a life line to someone else.

As she mentally touched it, Zan’s love poured through her like water into a cup. It filled her, and stabilized her. She reached out, sending her love back, as well as a question of where he was.

The reaction was almost immediate. Flashes of Zan pacing the motel room, worried for her safety. The questions of where she was, why she had left with Max and what did it mean to their marriage; flew around her like a whirlwind.

The Pod Chamber was the first thought she sent back, as well as the quest for answers to questions left unanswered for too long. She finally sent the feeling of love, devotion and the truth that in the end, this quest, was all for the love of him.

The feeling of being humbled and awed skid across her senses, as her love and devotion was returned.

She stood as a beacon in the ink of space, calling him to the Pod Chamber. Her need for not only her king, but husband rang through time and space. It called to Zan, both demanding and begging his attention.

Liz finally understood what Future Liz had meant. The connection that had been started with a simple hello through an unsure link had matured into an unbreakable bond. No matter where she was in the world, her guiding star was Zan, as she was to him. They would always be able to find each other, and that thought gave a measure of peace in the insanity of the situation.

She could feel him trying to find a way to her. It would be only a matter of time before Zan would be next to her. Then the real questions could begin.
Last edited by darkmoon on Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

darkmoon
Addicted Roswellian

Death Is A Playground (UC/CC, Adult) Ch 25 ~ 11/20

Post by darkmoon »

I survived my first pruning ever!

Saavik ~ I hope this is just as great! Thank you for all the support!!!

Rach ~ I'm honored that you find this to be as engaging as Lost and Heroes. I will admit, I could only love first season of Lost. After that, the lack of any answers and the amount of characters tripling got tiresome. Heroes is so amazing... I love Hiro. He's my favorite one. ^.^ And believe me, you made total sense to me!
I'm glad that this fic makes you question and ponder. I love that everyone is wondering 'Who is Serena?' which reminds me of 'Who killed JR?' except I'm no where near as popular as Dallas. ^.^ Thank you for all your support!

Carrie ~ Thank you sooo soo much!! There isn't Zan in this yet, but there is a moment between FLiz and FMax that needed to happen before Zan could show up. I'm just honored that you love this!!

Natalie ~ Thank you so much!!!! It means a lot!

Kari ~ You realize every time I read your fb, I blush because I don't think as highly of it as you do. Ask Saavik, Carrie, B and Tabby... I feel very very humbled that people love this fic with a passion. I see FLiz differently then I do Liz. FLiz has a different way she holds herself. She seems taller not because she is, but how she is. Her personality makes her seem like this behemoth, that it's hard to picture her looking up as she fights with Zan or FMax or even Max.
I see FMax as maybe not being as mature as Max. But FMax has been able to deal with things differently. He never lost that support of his Liz. Max had to deal with watching his world implode. Not only is he not king, he doesn't even get the girl! FMax got to be king and got the girl. Mind you, his family did die, but he also takes a lot of comfort in the fact that it isn't going to happen this time. FLiz, on the other hand, has seen how you can't just believe it will be better. She did, and look what it got her.
I'm glad that the Tess and Alex bonding, may or may not be romance, but Alex has this calming force. We've seen it in so many aspect in the show. As does Kyle. But now Tess has latched onto Alex as her port in the storm. She doesn't have to be alone. Yes, Kyle is a great friend, but he also has a girl who looks just like her in love with him. She can't compete with that. So Alex is there. He isn't judging her because he's already forgiven her. And that's why she's able to be the good person that she had all that potential to be.

Panda ~ The problem is that both Liz and FLiz are too alike and they butt heads too much. Thank you for enjoying the chapter!!!!

B ~ It's my fic, I'll nag if I want to!!! :P :P :P And I did write! Ha!!! Thank you for being my port in the storm of life. I wouldn't be getting through these days without you. *Snuggles* And no... I'm not killing of Maria... yet.

V ~ I LOVE YOU TOO!!!! She can't jump Zan yet... The ground is really hard in the desert.

Chapter 25

“So, is he coming?” Future Liz asked with a smirk.

“He is.” Liz smiled to herself as the connection still hummed through her body. It was like turning off a back massager, you could feel ghost tremors.

“WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?” Max yelled as his eyes were wide. “You glowed.”

“It was like that night in the Yukon before we found the Dupes.” Future Max shook his head.

“She’s done this before?” Max whipped around to look at his older self.

“The night we found Zan and the others.” Future Max nodded. “What was it you said?” He turned to Liz. “I just wanted to say hi?”

“It was a friendly hello. I didn’t know what it was; I just knew it wouldn’t hurt me.” Liz shrugged.

“Alex and Kyle were practically having heart attacks after that.” Future Liz mused.

“You seem way too calm about this.” Max shook his head, still slightly freaked out.

“Max, Aliens exist; your future self, and my future self came back to fix the past. I think I’m beyond the allowable freak out time. I’m just rolling with the punches. Besides, it’s a connection filled with love, how can I freak out about that?” Liz shrugged. “It’s kind of neat not having to use a phone to talk to my husband.”

Max winced at the term husband. It was like poking a sun burn, it wouldn’t kill him, but it still hurt. “So when is he getting here?”

“Soon, he said something about getting Ava’s boy to drive him. I can only assume he means Kyle.” Liz laughed slightly. “Ava and Kyle are good for each other.”

“Umm… yeah.” Max didn’t know how to respond. He hadn’t noticed the close relationship that Kyle and Ava seemed to have. To be honest, he had barely noticed anything except Liz.

“I need to speak to Future Liz,” Future Max could feel the questions itch across his brain. The knowledge that she had not told him anything burned across his heart. He motioned to Future Liz to the Pod Chamber.

Liz and Max looked at each other; a strange feeling bonded them, one that was a mixture of watching their parents fight combined with the amusement of seeing what they could have been like.

Inside the chamber, Future Max stared at Future Liz. “I need more to go on. I trust you completely. I just… I need to know what is happening. It’s almost like dealing with a person who has cancer but refuses to let anyone know! I feel like you are waiting to die, but you don’t want anyone to know. You seem so proud of Serena’s growth, yet you won’t tell anyone who she is. She can’t be mine, your Max has been gone too long and we never…” Future Max blanched as a though flew across his mind. “Is she Khivar’s?”

“She isn’t Khivar’s, Max. Serena is the Granolith’s. I know I’m asking so much, but I need you to trust me on blind faith for a little bit more. I’ll answer all questions once when Zan arrives. As before, I can’t tell anyone who Serena is, because her birth is one of the most important events in saving us.” Future Liz looked down. “You told me once that you came to me to change the world because it was me you trusted. I know you didn’t get to tell me this time, but I believed it. I still believe it. Now, I’m asking the same from you. I trust you, Max. I trust you more then I trust Kyle, Alex, or even my younger self. You’ve been the love of my life, and even through we’ve been through different things, you are still Max. And I know in my soul that Max would trust me. So I ask you, please trust me.” Tears flooded Future Liz’s eyes as she allowed Future Max to the broken woman under her cleverly constructed façade.

Future Max sighed as he gathered her into his arms. “I’ve always trusted you, Liz. It’s just getting harder. There are so many secrets and now with Serena looking like you… It was like I didn’t know you at all. It reminded me that you aren’t my Liz. I started questioning if I could trust my heart.” Future Max wiped away the tears that beaded on Future Liz’s bottom lids.

“Max, I will do all in my power to protect our friends and family. I will never keep anything from you or anyone that would hurt our chances of defeating Khivar. I just need to keep some things secret to protect that chance. Please Max; don’t make me reveal things that will hurt our chances.” Future Liz begged.

“Why are you so convinced that it will?”

Future Liz pulled herself together, reminding herself that it was a mission, just like every other day. She locked her heart away like she would every morning before she met with Khivar. “Why are you so convinced that everything will be fine if everything is on the table? This isn’t like when I’d talk about my world. This isn’t telling you things like we were married in a church outside of Roswell, and I had white flowers in my hair. It not like telling you that instead of ‘I Shall Believe’, I had ‘Iris’ by the Goo Goo Dolls for my wedding song. These are tactical things that will make our mission almost impossible to be a success.”

“I trust you, Liz.” Future Max backed down. He could see her shutting down her emotions. It was hard to watch the eyes that used to be the most expressive in his world, go flat and almost dead.

“We should walk out as a united front.” Future Liz’s voice was hollow, the cost of doing what she needed to.

“I agree.” Future Max pulled Future Liz into his arms. Her stance reminded him of a mannequin, she didn’t curl up to him like she had only hours before. His greatest fault, he reminded himself, was his thirst for answers. He endlessly pursued things ripping apart anything that got in his way for them. Looking down at Future Liz’s head, her hair lighter with hints of silver peaking through, he knew this was the damage he created. Now he had to deal with the fall out. They’d walk out a united front, but everyone would know the broken nature behind the façade.

What was the weirdest thing was that, Future Liz’s secrets that hadn’t started to cause fractures in the group. Future Liz’s secrets had only drawn them closer together. The only one hurt by her secrets was him, and it wasn’t as much hurt as lost and confused.

“I’m sorry I’m an asshole.” Future Max whispered against her hair before letting her go. Hands clasped, they walked out of the cave. He didn’t know more then he had before, but her reasoning gave him a measure of peace. His only regret was the emotional toll it had taken on Future Liz and what that could mean to their mission and love.
Last edited by darkmoon on Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

darkmoon
Addicted Roswellian

Death Is A Playground (UC/CC, Adult) Ch 26 ~ 11/27

Post by darkmoon »

Saavik ~ Thank you! *blushes*

B ~ Remember, Maria is human... She will die eventually. Even if I don't kill her in this fic. I'm not saying if I will or not. But she'll die. Two things you can count on; Death and Taxes. LOL! Thank you for all your hand holding. I know I'm very needy, but you make want to be a better writer and I need to hear that I'm not fucking it up.

Carrie ~ Sweetie, you just amaze me. You break down the parts I feel so nervous about without even knowing that I am, and you explain how amazing you think they are. And it reminds me that I might have started to write this for me. I'm now writing it for the people who love this fic. To write this and be able to show you and the rest of my fans... It's like offering my soul. And I have yet to have my soul thrown back in my face. And I thank you from the bottom of my heart for it.
P.S. Seki says Hi!

Natalie ~ Their relationship has always been one of self sacrifice for the other. And it's painful to watch when all you want to do is exactly like you said, scream at them. I'm really glad you enjoy this part. Thank you!!

Panda ~ I hope this answers questions and as always leaves you wanting more! Serena is a mystery wrapped in an enigma. And has become my favorite person to leave hints about. ^.^ Thank you!!

Rach ~ This isn't answering the 'Who is Serena' question yet. But hopefully more will be answered. I hope this is equally worth rushing home for! *Blushes* I'm just so honored that you love this and all my fics.

V ~ More!! I didn't leave you hanging on Turkey day!!! Also, according to you, everything I write is too short. LOL! *Snuggles* Thank you!!! I hope these are some of the answers you were hoping for!

Kari ~ OMG! YOU ARE AMAZING!!!!!! I am so glad you love this. And you hit somethings right on the head. I ran around the house screaming, SHE GETS IT!!!!! I'm not saying what you get. Just know... Right track. Total right track. ^.^ I'm just in shock and awe and more awe. LOL! I hope this is just as good for you. I really love your feedback. It's like cookies. I reread your fb multiple times. Because I'm in shock that someone would put the time and effort into this fic. And I'm honored. Truly honored!!!!

No hunting the Darkmoon down!!! Ha ha! I posted even though it was a holiday... here in the States... LOL!

Chapter 26

Kyle’s car came to a stop next the Yukon. Zan jumped out of the passenger seat as soon as it stopped; his eyes only for his beloved.

He stalked up the rocky cliff, as Future Max and Future Liz stepped out of the mouth of the cave.

Kyle rolled his eyes as he followed. He wasn’t sure if he’d be toss back to the car to wait, or if he would be allowed access to the answers that plagued everyone.

Liz walked down to Zan. As they met, Zan pulled Liz into his arms, lifting her up so her legs could wrap around his waist, as they kissed.

Several coughs from different people reminded Liz and Zan where they were as she slid off of him, and hid her blushing face in his chest.

“I was greeting my Queen.” Zan shrugged off the stares.

Kyle pretending to cough as he laughed at the couple, though his amusement wasn’t well masked. “Well, we know that eventually we’ll have Knicks loving scientist babies.”

“Kyle, hush.” Liz growled from Zan’s shirt.

Max looked away, it was hard to see not only the loving relationship between Liz and Zan on top of Zan’s friendship with Kyle. It seemed almost surreal on several levels, yet, watching the banter, it fit. Max thought that Zan fitting better in Liz’s life hurt more then anything else.

“Are we done with the antics?” Future Liz closed her eyes for a moment. She steadied herself, allowing herself only a moment to draw strength from Future Max. Her eyes opened to find everyone staring at her in confusion. “I want to get this out of the way.”

“Are we going to stand out here in the open and talk like idiots or are we going inside and talking like civilized people?” Kyle teased.

“Kyle, you’ve never been civilized. Be honest with yourself.” Future Liz allowed herself to rise to his bait. She had missed, even in the short time that it had been, the camaraderie that had saturated those few days since she had arrived.

“I’d like answers… I’m sorry if I’m a kill joy, but we’ve been offered answers. I’d love to hear what they are.” Max butted in.

“You’re right, Max.” Future Liz’s voice had instantly gone from light teasing to hopelessly weary. She turned back toward the cave, her hand slipping from Future Max’s.

Future Max glared at his younger self, as he grabbed for her hand, missing it.

Kyle shuddered as he watched Future Liz walk away in what almost seemed like her death march. He had seen her eyes go dead, tired and hopeless. It was a moment, and yet it was enough to fill him with rage.

Zan knew things; the Granolith had spoken to him. It had tried to give answers, and yet the more he learned the less he knew. It spoke in riddles and the things that seemed useless in battle were what were offered freely. He felt less like a warrior and more like a diplomat. He knew that Future Liz would be more insightful, but no less of an enigma.

With a deep breath, Liz stepped out of Zan’s embrace and followed Future Liz and Future Max. Her fingers entwined with her husbands in a show of unity, and love. She looked over at Kyle to see him almost shaking with anger. She pulled Zan’s hand to her lips before letting go. Her path now directed towards her friend, instead of the cave. She realized that even if she missed all the answers to the questions she sought, making sure Kyle was ok was more important.

The hand against his shoulder caused Kyle to jump slightly. “Liz… what?”

“What’s wrong?”

“Karma.” Kyle shook his head. “It’s just not fair.”

“I thought that was the whole essence of Karma.” Liz teased, trying to shake Kyle from his dark mood.

“Sometimes I wonder if this is her paying it forward…” Kyle muttered under his breath.

“Huh?” Liz could hear Kyle whisper something, but couldn’t make out words.

“Nothing… let’s get answers. I need to know when and how we save the world.” Kyle looped his arm through Liz’s.

“You realize that is my wife?” Zan walked up to Kyle, an eyebrow raised.

“Do you realize we are dating each other’s exes?" Kyle mocked.

Liz rolled her eyes before stepping towards Max. “Max, can you escort me while my husband and friend leak testosterone?”

“It’s not a pissing contest, Liz!” Kyle bitched.

Zan shook his head, and smiled. “I am coming, my Queen.” His tone was both mocking and slightly put upon, but the look in his eyes explained the gentle teasing.

Max rolled his eyes at the group, as he walked Liz into cave. His heart broke slightly at the knowledge that his place wasn’t by her side. He also knew that he would do anything in his power to make the world safe for his family, all of it.

“Let me start at the beginning…” Future Liz started, as Kyle and Zan walked into the cave after Max and Liz.

“I carry the same Seal that is in Zan, and Future Max.” Future Liz took a breath, not sure what to say and how to explain things. Things were moving too quickly and she felt not only worn out, but scattered. “My son, Zanny, is the last of the Antarian royal line. The Granolith deemed him too young to accept the Seal without permanent damage to his cellular make up. Zanny…” Future Liz looked away from the group for a moment. “Zanny decided that the person he trusted the most was his mother…”

Future Liz gritted her teeth for a moment as she held back the tears. “Because of that I was granted the inactive Seal as a figure head until Zanny was of age, and could safely have his genetic structure altered to be granted access to the Seal.”

Kyle raised his hand for a moment, feeling sort of stupid. “Why would his genetics have to be altered? I mean coming from two hybrids…”

“Genetics is a quirky bitch, Kyle. Instead of being pure Antarian, or a mixture of both Antarian and Human; Zanny was almost pure human.” Future Liz explained before shrugging. “It was decided by my Kyle, my Ava and I, that Kivar could never gain access to this power. My Kyle believed he could alter the Granolith into a time machine, not using wires and Earth technology, but by using his powers.”

“I found out later from the Granolith, that Kivar knew that I carried the Seal. Thankfully the bastard had made it impossible for me to conceive during the first year of captivity. He knew he’d have to bide his time for Zanny to grow old enough to control. I was protected by Kivar’s guards so that the Seal would never be damaged.”

Future Max clenched his hands into fists, self loathing flooding his mind.

“My Kyle finally accomplished making the Granolith bend time and space to a point in time. Through manipulating the Granolith, he had found that Zan was the true king. Suddenly things started to make sense. The Seal was never meant to be held by humans. It was created for the Antarian Royal family. Max had too much human in his mixture, making the Seal short circuit. It amplified his emotions and drove him to make bad decisions.” Future Liz sighed, as if she wasn’t sure if she was doing the right thing.

“I had a mission… Save Zan.” Future Liz looked at Zan for a moment. “My Ava realized that as confident as we were in succeeding, we could also fail. The decision was made to leave no one alive to be tortured.” A tear escaped Future Liz’s façade of stone.

Liz’s hand sought Zan’s. His strength flooded her senses, reminding her that she was a Queen now. She wanted answers, and she had to be prepared for the answers she didn’t want to hear.

Max wanted to gather Future Liz into his arms and wipe her tears away. It ripped into him to hear the pain laced voice. Her pain ached in him, like a phantom limb. She might not have been his Liz, but in a way, she was only Liz that was his.

Kyle closed his eyes, wishing he could chant or some how center himself. He couldn’t understand how the man she spoke of could be him. She spoke of a spiritual wise man, and he stood in front of her a shaken shell of a boy. He wasn’t sure what scared him more, the knowledge that had been imparted to him already, or the knowledge that was to come. He ached for her. She was his friend, and was instrumental in introducing him to a woman he was falling in love with. The tear was his undoing, the loss of the steel veneer she gave to the world reminded him that she still Liz.

“I lost my two best friends and my son the night I came back.” Future Liz refused to go more in depth then that. “I was angry… I was angry that I would’ve had fourteen years of happiness if Future Max hadn’t come back in time…” She looked towards the Granolith chamber.

“I knew that if I had to change time, I wasn’t going to just save Zan… I was going to save everyone.” Future Liz’s voice became strong again. She looked back at the group, “I was going to stop Future Max from doing something that wouldn’t help…”

Future Max looked down at his fists, unable to say or do anything more.

“As I used the Granolith to go back in time, it activated the Seal. The Seal is a direct line to the Granolith’s power without having to constantly ask its permission every time you use it. It increases your powers, and since it was never meant for a human, it’s killing me.” Future Liz shrugged. “I see it as a small price to pay for your futures.”

Future Max looked to Future Liz, his eyes filled with self loathing and hatred. “I’m sorry I’ve done this to you, Liz.”

Future Liz shook her head, taking Future Max’s hand in hers. She wasn’t able to open her heart to him after the cruel words he had spoken earlier, but she knew she had to make him understand. “Max, this isn’t your fault. Kivar appeared in your world, just like he did in mine. You did what you did to make the world safe for us. I can’t, and don’t hate you for that.”

“My visions are getting clearer and more precise. I understand what we are up against and I know what we need to do to defeat the Skins.” Future Liz held on to Future Max’s hand as she spoke to the rest. “We have to work on our powers, honing them making ourselves the perfect weapon to use against them. When I came up against them in my timeline, we got very lucky. We can’t just hope for luck on this one. I’m not saying once we take out the Skins, that there aren’t anymore dangers to you. I will say that without the Skins defeated, we will be just repeating the vicious cycle of Kivar finding Earth.”

“What about those of us without powers?” Kyle pointed to himself.

“I’ve asked Jim to acquire weapons.” Future Liz explained.

“Any puncture into the Skin’s hull will compromise its integrity causing our air, which is deadly to them, to leak in.” Zan added; his voice strong and confident. Only Liz could feel his soul shake with anger for what Future Liz had been forced to endure. His soul clutched hers as if it was the only shelter in a storm.

“I didn’t realize that. I’ve been aiming for the Seal on their lower back every time.” Future Liz nodded. “If you crack that Seal, they explode into dust.”

“I asked questions when I received the knowledge.” Zan explained, his voice holding none of the usual arrogance. “I also know that during your battle with Nicholas, we do not interfere.”

“At any cost.” Future Liz added.

“What do you mean any cost?” Future Max demanded, his pain stark and visible on face.

“It means I have to do this myself. That isn’t your battle.” Future Liz explained, hiding the true facts behind vague generalizations.

Zan kept quiet knowing that that secret could ruin any work they’d do. Future Max was too emotionally involved with saving Future Liz. It would compromise the mission, and destroy all the work Future Liz had done to save them all. He pulled Liz into his arms, and held her close as he refused to give anymore information out on that subject.

“Liz, how did you know when your powers were manifesting themselves?” Liz asked her older self, desperate to learn more before Future Liz decided the answer session was over.

“I started to feel like I was getting the flu. I was tired, worn down, and dizzy at times. If my emotions flared up at all, electricity or fire followed.” Future Liz looked confused by the question.

“I’ve been feeling antsy, and a static charge… like I’ve been rubbing socks on carpeting.” Liz bit her lip, praying it was nothing.

“What happens when you touch Max or Zan?” Future Liz asked curiously.

“Nothing happens when I touch Max… It seems to calm down when I touch Zan.” Liz smiled up at Zan. “It feels like… like its merging and transforming…” Liz looked back to Future Liz. “But I don’t know what it’s turning into.”
Last edited by darkmoon on Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

darkmoon
Addicted Roswellian

Death Is A Playground (UC/CC, Adult) Ch 27 ~ 12/11

Post by darkmoon »

Rach ~
Its impossible not to love your fics, they're always so brilliant, and you always make your characters so believable even when their circumstances are way out there!!! Brilliant!
I'm blushing. Honestly I always hope that the characters are believable in their reactions and even though this is a scifi show, I like to make it as real as possible. People are are flawed, they make mistakes and crap happens. It's how we deal that makes it worth living. And about Kyle, you know I love me some Kyle. Lol.

Natalie ~ Thank you very much!!

Saavik ~ Thank you!!! To know that I'm able to bring joy makes me so happy. I hope this was worth the extra week!

Carrie ~ Seki says Hi like always! I am thankful you like how I am writing Max. He tries, honestly, he wasn't a bad person in the show, just a very misguided one. And he can learn, and he's doing so in this story. And FLiz, she loves FMax so much... because it's Max. He's flawed and she knows it and loves him no matter what. And if she can help him finish this journey feeling better about the choices he's made, then she will.

B ~ You are my rock. And to know that I can make you love and root for FLiz even though she isn't going to have a happily ever after makes me feel like a better writer and proud that I can write this. To move you, it makes me in awe. Thank you!! P.S. I LOVE YOU TOO!!!!

Kari ~ I never said I wasn't killing off Maria. I just said that I wasn't saying that she was going to die. I'm an evil person like that. Lol. I'm sorry that I was killing you by stopping where I did then took a week off, but I was extremely sick. Thank you for the all well wishing, I'm feeling a ton better. I would love to know what you ended up thinking about. You know I love reading the theories you come up with. They make me giddy. Thank you for both the feedback and well wishes. Both made my day!

V ~ I hope this was worth the wait!!!

LizzyBug ~ Thank you for the well wishes!! And THANK YOU for telling me my stories are the best. I know that I say that it means the world to me to hear a good job or nice chapter, I'M NOT KIDDING!! It made my day to see a new face in my feedbacks. Not that I don't love the people who comment every chapter. I just mean, feedback is love, and I am an attention whore. I hope this part entertains you as much as the other parts have. THANK YOU!!!

Just so everyone knows, I almost posted this without the chapter attached. I can see B, V, Carrie, and Saavik shakes their heads in amusement, because they know me so well that they can see this happening. LOL!

Chapter 27

Future Liz started to speak, but was interrupted by a car pulling up.

Liz turned her head to look towards the cave opening. “Kal’s arrived.”

“Well the visions have kicked in if she’s right.” Kyle shrugged. “I think they are progressing because she’s been crowned Queen. I mean you’re powers upgraded as you became Queen, right?”

“Kyle, my power upgrades are from the Seal. Zan carries it.” Future Liz smiled softly.

A bald man walked into the cave, his posture seemed guarded and weary. “Why have you called me here?”

“I have not called you, Kal. Your duty to the Royal blood line and the Granolith has finally caught up to you. The Granolith has demanded your presence.” Zan crossed his arms; his posture was ramrod straight, as he glared at the man who had abandoned him.

“My duty? I’ll tell you what my duty was; it was to my King, the throne and to the Granolith. Your father died almost century ago, the throne is held by a madman, but I’ll give you the Granolith part.” Kal snarled.

“Kal Langley, as arrogant as ever, I’d say it’s nice to finally meet you, but it would be a lie.” Future Liz stepped around Max and Zan.

“Who are you?” Kal demanded.

“I’m the Angel of Vengeance, but you can call me Future Liz.” Future Liz crossed her arms, even though she had to look up at Kal, her expression held one of looking down. “The Granolith calls you. Your charges need you. Your King has been crowned and he has found his Queen. You must obey.”

“Zan was presented to the Granolith at the death of his father. Even though his mother swore the Granolith spoke to him, crowning him… The Granolith stayed still. I have no King. Zan may carry the Seal, but he was never crowned by the Granolith. I know of his Queen. Ava’s introduction to the Granolith clinched it. The Granolith was dead to the Royal Line. At least at Zan’s introduction, the light still shone. Ava’s marriage to Zan was damned by our holy relic.” Kal snarled. “The Queen Mother blinded by love for her only son, and maddened by the loss of her husband…” Kal shook his head.

“I was crowned by the Granolith. It has spoken to me, as well as accepted my Queen.” Zan dropped his arms to take one of Liz’s hands in his own. “I’ve seen my blood line stretched across the surface of Antar. I know more of your duty, what your people where bonded to our line for. I am your King. If you question, you can ask our holiest of relic itself.”

“Ok, this pissing contest isn’t doing us any good. Kal, you are needed to protect Serena. I don’t know what or who exactly Serena is, but she’s vital to our success.” Liz tightened her grip on Zan’s hand. “I refuse to all this meeting downgrade into pointing fingers. You were commanded by the Granolith to return here. If it was truly dead, it wouldn’t have been able to control you.”

Kal smirked for the first time. “Let me guess, our Queen?” Amusement and annoyance heavily accented his voice.

“Yes, she is your Queen. My wife, Liz, is right…” Zan lifted their joined hands to kiss the back of Liz’s hand. “We have much to discuss, but first… proof.” Zan turned towards the Granolith’s chamber.

The group followed, Kal shooting questionable glances at Future Max.

Kyle tried to take up the rear, only to be followed by Max. “I want to make sure he wasn’t followed.” Max explained the best he could.

Kyle nodded. He stepped into the chamber staring in awe of the colors twisting in the giant cone. He had trouble imagining it dull and dead looking.

As Kal stepped into the chamber, he fell to his knees. “It’s been so long since I’ve seen it looking that vivid.”

Zan walked up to the cone, placing a hand against it. The colors played across the outline of his hand, as if teasing it.

Liz placed her hand against the Granolith as well, their hands still clasped between them.

The shapes and colors twisted and changed, as the inner light seemed to pulse. Suddenly the light blinded the occupants. As the light died, Zan and Liz were clothed in the royal clothes, with the crowns of Antar sitting on both their heads.

Kal looked around at the landscape that had replaced the inside of the cave. His eyes drank in the sight that haunted his dreams, his home. He looked toward Zan and Liz, grateful that he was already kneeling because he could feel his kneed weaken. It had been what felt more then hundred lifetimes was a sight he swore he’d never see again. “You are king,” his voice soft and full of a wonder that seemed rusty with misuse.

In the distance, Future Liz was kneeling, speaking to a young boy and a girl on the cusp of womanhood. The sight of who the children where were concealed by a pair of black wings that seemed to be grown from her shoulder blades. Queen Mother robes draped around her body that decreed her both mother of an heir and a widow, both which confused Kal to no end.

He looked to his right to Max and Future Max staring at each other, a floor length mirror separating the two. Their hands pressed to the glass as they studied each other.

Kal was startled as someone coughed behind him. Standing up and spinning around he looked down to see a copy of his Queen, except he would judge her age at more early teens, preteens at most. “Yes?”

“I am Serena.” Her voice was musical that held a vague reminder of the hum from the Granolith chamber. Kal was reminded of his first year as a guard using the gentle hum that penetrated the east wing of the castle singing him to sleep.

“What are you?” The question seemed blunt and unnecessarily cruel, but Kal reminded himself that tact never got him anywhere in life.

“You know. I can see it in your eyes. You are just so blinded by jealousy and disappointment that what you know is no longer what you trust.” Serena smiled slightly before playing with a lock of her hair. “We are as one.”

“I am not one with you.” Kal looked slightly confused and even more then slightly horrified.

“Not you and I, Kalangley. Our people, Antarians and Humans, we are but one. Our King and Queen are but hybrids of both people.” Serena looked into Kal’s eyes, the brown shifting colors like a prism.

“How do you know that name? And how is she a hybrid? She’s not Ava! She’s fully human!” Kal blew out an exasperated sigh.

“We both know you were born Kalangley. You want to be human so bad, yet you slightly changed your Antarian birth name for your mock human name. Liz was brought back from the brink by Max. You know of the shooting, you’ve followed both sets of pods.” Serena bit her lip before looking at Zan and Liz. “And the Undead Queen will be called.”

“Oh no.” Kal shook his head and started to walk away. He refused to hear the prophecy again.

Serena followed Kal. “The Queen Mother was right. Zan is part of the prophecy; but she just got it wrong as well.” Serena grabbed Kal’s hand before he could walk away any further.

“The only reason Ava was included was for her to be the Undead Queen. They were made in duplicates so that the second Ava could be the Un-Queen, and give birth to the Priestess. The Queen Mother didn’t want to take any chances, so she sent down Vilondra encase she was supposed to be the Un-Queen since she was the oldest, yet couldn’t rule. Her whole crazy plan was to bring about that damned prophecy, and you are telling me she was right?” Kal screamed.

Serena stood as Kal yelled at her, her face never moving as if carved in porcelain. “Are you finished?” Her voice strong and reminded Kal of Future Liz as she called herself the Angel of Vengeance. “Are you ready for the truth or are you enjoying yourself too much?”

“What is the truth, little girl?” Kal knew he was asking for trouble, but taking the easy road never got him the gold, let alone his four academy awards.

“She was never right. The original Zan was never part of the prophecy, but she did set the pieces for the ones who are.” Serena explained with a shrug.

“How is this Zan untouched by death?” Kal demanded.

Serena explained to Kal who Future Liz and Future Max were, as well as the journey from Roswell to New York and back.

Kal blinked, the information was overwhelming, like the first time he had smelled chlorine. The shock and the feeling of his world tipping on its axis rarely happened, but there he was on a replica of his home planet talking to a bite sized girl with Granolith eyes.

“What do I need to do?” Kal sighed, as he resigned himself to his fate.

“Make sure I’m born.” Serena explained as if it was the answer to everything.
Last edited by darkmoon on Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:16 pm, edited 4 times in total.

darkmoon
Addicted Roswellian

Death Is A Playground (UC/CC, Adult) Ch 28 ~ 12/18

Post by darkmoon »

B ~ I love you!!!! I'm so happy that I can just make you love it. It just blows my mind. Honestly, blows my mind. Thank you!!! You humble me, sweetie. I am thankful every day that I was fortune to have you find the Doom Song, and we became friends. Your support is like air, I need it. And the part that just humbles me even more is that I know that it's always there.

Saavik ~ THANK YOU!!

Rach ~ I hope this gives you the feeling that it's coming together. I understand the feeling completely. It's almost like you can see the end... Ok, I can see the end. But that's because I know how it's going to. ^.^ Thank you!!!

V ~ She can't kill Kal. They need him for something. We don't know what, but they do. I love you!!! Thank you!!

Kara ~ Sweetie, if I gave you a clue it you'd have it all figured out and where would the fun be in that? You did read the part about Ava wrong.
At least at Zan’s introduction, the light still shone. Ava’s marriage to Zan was damned by our holy relic.
When Ava's marriage to Zan was announced to the Granolith, it died. It went dark.
Note to you, go with your instincts. I hope this is just as good. According to Carrie, it'll drive you nuts.
Thank you for all the support!! And P.S. I just walked in the door from work!!!

Carrie ~ I hope that I am always as good in your mind as I am now. It just blows me away how much you love this fic and the support you give this. I makes me feel very humble.

Jojotheorange ~ Thank you so much. I update every Thursday. And I hope this fulfills your need. ^.^

Chapter 28

A voice rang behind Kal. “Serena, it’ll be ok. I promised you that you’ll be born.”

Kal spun around to see a figure of a man, it was impossible to make out features, but something about him seemed familiar. “Who are you?”

“A friend,” the figure’s shoulders seem to shake in quiet amusement.

“What if I don’t want your friendship?” Kal raised an eyebrow.

“I didn’t say I was your friend.” The man said in a smirking tone.

“That’s one of the worst lines. It’s even bad when it’s put in movies! I hate movies with that line in it.” Kal rolled his eyes in annoyance. “So why are you in shadows? Were you burned by acid, and regaled yourself to the Granolith to hide? Are you one of the shadow people who have been sent to shape the existence of humanity?” Kal’s voice was one of annoyance and humoring.

“Naw, I just think it’s cool.” The man started to emerge from the shadows before Serena called out to Kal.

Kal turned to only pushed in the chest, and falling back. He fell to his back from his knees. The group stood there watching him in confusion. There was no Antar in sight, just the Granolith chamber. His monarchs were no longer wore the clothes or the crowns denoted their stature. The two Maxs no longer faced each other. It took him a moment to realize that Serena had literally shoved him out of the connection.

“Serena’s a little bitch.” Kal stood up wiping off his clothes. “Does she realize how expensive this suit was?”

“What did you see?” Future Liz cocked her head to one side, her eyes dissecting him.

“Screw that! How did you see it? Everyone who’s seen something in the Granolith has had to be touching it before!” Kyle demanded.

Kal looked over at Kyle for a moment, confused. Soon he shook it off, and took a deep breath. “I was a guard for the Granolith. I was to protect it and the Royal line. The Granolith knows me as it would know any of its children. We were genetically created for the purpose of protection.”

“As to what I saw, I met Serena, who looks remarkably like our Queen.” Kal looked at Liz and bowed. “The Granolith has crowned the both of you; I will do as I am commanded.”

“What took you so long? Liz had the vision of you two or three days ago.” Future Max demanded.

“Ahh, the arrogance of Zan, how I’ve missed it,” the sarcasm dripped from Kal’s lips with a saccharin sweetness that could make teeth ache.

“Enough with the theatrics, the both of you,” Liz demanded. “Please answer, Kal.”

“I fought it the entire time. I’d drive three miles, and then turn back. I got half way back home before the urge became too strong to fight. I also took breaks, a lot of breaks. I’ve never seen so many Waffle Houses in my life, nor do I want to again.” Kal explained with a shake of his head.

“Do you hate your duty that much?” Max questioned.

“You don’t understand. Your mother was insane with grief when you died. She believed that an ancient prophesy would explain the quote unquote signs.” Kal rubbed his forehead. “She was certain that if she cloned her son that it would be has if he was untouched by Death. Ava, his bride, would be his undead queen.”

“We’ve heard that…” Liz looked at Zan. “You heard that.”

“Serena spoke the prophesy to me when I was crowned king. Ava quoted it when Liz first spoke with the Granolith.” Zan shrugged. “What is so important about this prophesy that it seems to be on everyone’s mind?”

“It’s the rebirth of Antar. The prophesy talks about a renewal that will transform Antar and another planet in perfect harmony.” Kal shook his head. “I thought she was crazy to believe that such a barbaric place like Earth could be it. Except, I found that I love Earth more then I ever did Antar, and that if anything, Antar is the barbaric place.”

“We can save Antar?” Zan perked up, as if awakening from a dream.

“If that’s what we’re supposed to do…” Liz smiled at her husband, squeezing his hand. “Then that’s what we are going to do.”

“Let’s worry about saving Earth and ourselves first before worrying about saving Antar.” Future Liz reminded the group. “We can’t save Antar if we die in battle against the Skins.”

“So that’s why she made a big deal about being born…” Kal’s voice filled with understanding.

“Serena?” Max asked.

“Yeah, then some guy told her he promised her she would be.” Kal shrugged.

“Some guy?” Liz blinked in confusion. “I haven’t met a man in the Granolith.”

Max and Zan shook their heads.

All eyes fell on Future Liz, who looked to Future Max. “I have met the man in the Granolith,” Her voice soft and sad.

Future Max didn’t know why he felt the need to pull her into his arms. Maybe it was the broken tone in her voice, or the way the sadness seeped through to shine dully in her eyes. He walked over to her, pulling her into his embrace, stroking her hair, telling her the lies that it would be ok. He wasn’t sure what would be ok; he just knew he had to let her believe.

darkmoon
Addicted Roswellian

Death Is A Playground (UC/CC, Adult) Ch 29 ~ 12/26

Post by darkmoon »

So I had to help Santa in defeating the Grinch to get this to you. Actually I sprained my ankle and spent most of the day napping. Lol. Here it is!!! Saavik, you were a good girl this year!!!! Here is DiP!!!

B ~ I'm blushing. I don't think I'll ever see what you see in me or my writing. I hope that you never decide that I'm not worth it. Because my world would be crushed, and I'd not know what to do. *Snuggles* You are the most awesome best friend a person could ever hope for.

Panda ~ The man is a mystery wrapped in enigma, just like Serena. They are both very connected with the Granolith. *nods* Thank you for reading!!

Carrie ~ Kal is an arrogant bastard that is a means to an end. What end I'm not saying. But just remember, he's important. I'm in awe that you think that I keep everyone in character. It's the one thing I worry most about this story. I want to keep these characters completely believable. I am very humbled by your belief in me. Seriously... I don't understand, but I have learned not to question it. Lol.

V ~ *Glomp* YAY!!! I hope you love this part too!!

Kara ~ YAY!!! You are right. The Granolith didn't really accept Zan as the King, but it also didn't dismiss him either. It was the marriage that killed the Granolith, that's what caused it to go dark. At least I'm giving answers.... This could be LOST. And you could have more and more questions and no answers at all. LOL. One of the three is right. Serena could be worried that events that are supposed to happen and players that are meant to be in place aren't or won't be. Doesn't mean that someone is going to die, or that a specific set is needed. Or I could be lying through my keyboard and it could be right. Lol. Thank you for your amazing feedback and analyzing the chapter!

Rach ~ Thank you!!!!!

Torrierose ~ Thank you very very much! It's nice to hear that I'm doing a good job.

Saavik ~ You were a good girl!! I was just in pain and lazy. But here it is! It's a day late, but hey at least Santa got it to the right board! ^.^

Chapter 29

Max started to open his mouth, but quickly shut it as they could hear the vague noise of several cars pulling up. He craned his head towards the opening of the chamber to see if he could hear anything more.

Noticing everyone’s attention fixed on Future Liz, Max slipped out of the chamber to see who would be there.

Maria’s voice was piercing as she yelled about Liz being irresponsible and how she needed to know when to cover for her.

A slap echoed in the Pod Chamber, as Max stepped out to see Tess’ hand still pressed against Maria’s cheek.

“I don’t care what you seem to think or why you feel that you’re owed an explanation to Liz’s whereabouts but if you are going to start claiming your rights as best friend, you better start acting like one.” Tess’ voice was bitter and angry. It spoke of loneliness and the knowledge that what ever Liz was dealing with it was more then just them.

Maria grabbed at Tess, pulling at her hair, and making clawing motions at her face.

Max rushed down the path, before realizing that Alex had pulled Maria off Tess, and was holding her.

“Maria, I know you’re hurt. You want to lash out at everyone because not only did Michael dump you, but Liz and I kept you in the dark about something that rocked our perception of the world. But you need to stop it. You can’t keep treating Liz like you have for Max’s sake, because it’s your way of getting back at Michael.” Alex stroked Maria’s hair, while his other hand held her arms down. “It’s not going to do anything to start getting into a fight with Tess. You need to be with us on this one. All this is doing is fracturing the group and making us divided. Divide we fall, and Earth falls with us. We’ve seen what the world will be like if we fail. Future Max tells us that everyone dies and Earth becomes a wasteland. Future Liz tells us that everyone is dying and that Khivar is using Earth until it becomes a wasteland.”

“We need to work together. Now, I’m going to let go of your arms, and I need you to stop being so angry at the situation and learn to deal like the rest of us have.” Alex slowly let go of Maria’s arms, and stepped away.

“I still hate you.” Maria glared at Tess. “This is all your fault. If you hadn’t come here, Liz and Max would have been happy. Heck, I would have been happy. You’ve screwed it all up. I hate you with all that I am, but for Alex, I’ll deal.”

“Nice to see that you’re dealing with your anger,” Tess snarled back. She stopped her next comment, as she watched Alex’s head shake.

“Dis be bitching, and bitches.” Rath smirked as he walked up. “Nice seeing dat Aves double mint twin be rawr.”

“If you touch me, I will break your hand in at least five places.” Tess glared at Rath as she walked over to Alex.

Lonnie and Ava walked up to Rath and laughed slightly.

“See Rath, not even my twin would fuck ya.” Ava mocked.

Rath walked over the fuming Maria. “Whaz ‘bout ya? Wanna little somethin’ somethin’?”

“You’re scummy.” Maria looked horrified.

“Dat a no? Cause I quitting ain’t in da lingo.” Rath wiggled his eyebrows.

“That’s not a no…” Maria was cut off by a howl from Rath. “I wasn’t finish. That was a Hell No.”

“See, Micro, you’s his only chance.” Lonnie teased. “You don’t wanna lets Rath not bang a human? And I needs film.” Lonnie rubbed her neck in a provocative fashion.

“I think I have to agree with Maria. Hell no.” Alex shuddered.

“Wells, baby, I’s still bang you like a gong.” Lonnie put her arm around Rath’s shoulder and leaned against him.

“Where are Michael and Isabel?” Max questioned as he came down to meet the group.

“I don’t know, and I don’t care.” Maria stubbornly declared.

“Da dupes be not part of da tour.” Rath shrugged. “We took Double Mint Twin here’s.” Rath pointed to Tess. “And Sweet Claws over dere followed.” Rath leered at Maria.

“Zan and Kyle booked it outta dere pretty quick like. We gave ya an hour start. You’s be not hiding, but we’s be seeking.” Lonnie butted in.

“Kal’s here.” Max explained. He knew that at some point that the some would figure out that Kal came later, but until that happened he would protect Future Liz’s secret. “He’s been in contact with the Granolith.”

“For a cone, bitch get ‘round.” Rath shrugged.

“Where’s Kyle?” Ava rolled her eyes at Rath, and then looked back at Max. She noticed a difference in him from the first time she had met him. He seemed more confident, as if he truly knew his place in the world, and was comfortable in his own skin.

“He’s in the Granolith Chamber. We were watching Kal communicate with it when you pulled up.” Max explained.

“Did we learn anything new?” Alex questioned. He turned from the group as a glint caught the corner of his eye.

Michael and Isabel pulled up on Michael’s bike. Isabel coughed as she got off, looking extremely uncomfortable.

“What the hell is going on here? Everyone decided to have a meeting without us?” Isabel demanded as she waved away the dust that the bike had kicked up.

“Naw. Maxie, Queenie, Grandpa, Zan and Liz had da meet and greet. We’s just showin’ cause we bes nosey.” Rath gave a half-assed shrug.

“You’s toy human playing all baby duckling on us. Micro and Double Mint had da wheels. Home don’t need wheels, we’s got track.” Lonnie explained with little fanfare.

“What did we miss?” Michael stepped off the bike, and looked around at the group. “Kal finally showed up, and talked to the Granolith. What did we find out?”

“I’m no one’s toy human!” Maria butted in before another word was said.

“Bitch, please.” Ava rolled her eyes at Maria. “You’s follow dem like dey own you’s. Yessa Masta Alien… What’s can I get’s ya, Masta Alien?”

“I’m not like that!” Maria screamed in outrage.

“Maria, can we not do this now? I’d like to know what happened while we weren’t invited.” Michael demanded.

“See…” Ava shrugged.

“No Michael, we can’t. This is ridiculous. I won’t be disrespected by some street punk. Any of them.” Maria glared at Ava.

“Ava, Lonnie, leave her alone.” Zan’s voice boomed from the entrance of the cave.

The groups looked up to see Zan leading Liz down the path from the cave. Kyle, Kal, Future Liz and Future Max followed.

Liz walked over to Maria, placing at hand on her shoulder. “Maria, we need to work together. I know that they haven’t been nice to you. But please understand they are protecting me. You’ve been nothing but hateful since I’ve come back from New York. And yes, some of it is understandable, but not all of it. I need you to let go of your hurt and anger. If not for me, do it for your mother, because if we don’t fix work together, she along with every other human is dead.”

Alex shook his head. “Maria and I already had this conversation.”

“It’s nice to see that no one cares about my feelings!” Maria glared at the group.

“Maria…” Michael started but was cut off by Max.

“Maria, it’s not that we don’t care. It’s just that you seem to be the one taking this the hardest. I’m even taking it easier then you.” Max shook his head. “I know you feel the need to protect me, and your own feelings. You don’t need to protect me. I’m fine.”

“It’s just that you took Liz leaving really hard. Now she’s back with not only a clone of you, but married.”

“I am not Max’s clone. I am a clone of the original Zan, just as Max is.” Zan pointed out, insulted. “You seem to treat your duties as best friend to my wife with very little regard. My family sees this also, which is why they mock you. They feel the need to protect not only their queen, but their friend.”

“Can I’s get bennies?” Rath teased, only to get a chilling stare from Zan.

“No.” Liz shook her head. “I believe we talked about that… How it wasn’t going to happen in any lifetime.”

Rath pretended to pout, as he put his arm around Lonnie.

“We are so going to lose.” Kal’s voice was annoyed and tired. “This has to be the most useless team of good guys. Heck, I wouldn’t even finance a movie if it had a cast like this.”

“He’s the one you stole the credit card from!” Alex perked up.

“That’s who charged the plane tickets on my account.” Kal looked over at Future Liz and glared. “You are so lucky I didn’t have time to file fraud charges.”

“Personally I’m surprised you even noticed the money missing.” Future Liz shrugged. “You are so self centered I figured you would just assume that your ego took a vacation.”

“Ha, ha, aren’t you the little comedian.” Kal sneered. “If we are going to win this, first thing is that they are going to have to learn to take this seriously.”

“We’s do. I’s don’t dink that we’s gotta be all Angel-like.” Rath sneered.

“Angel? Like angelic with wings?” Future Max raised an eyebrow, confused.

“Naw, Grandpa. Angel, you knows… da vampire? Buffy’s main squeeze.” Lonnie butted in. “He’s saying we don’ts gotta be all quiet, and boring to kick da Skins’ ass.”

“But we are going to need more then a quick joke, and friendship.” Future Liz explained in a very stoic tone. “We are going to need to learn how to fight the Skins using our powers as well as muscles.”