I, Liz (Multi XO, MATURE, cc/uc) AN 6/8 [WIP]

This is the place where fics that have not been updated in the past three months will be moved until the author asks a mod to move them back to an active board.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, truelovepooh, Forum Moderators

KiaraAlexisKlay
Addicted Roswellian

Re: I, Liz (Multi XO, MATURE, cc/uc) 01/31 p2

Post by KiaraAlexisKlay »

Title: “Harry Potter Can Kiss My Ass”
Author: Kristin aka KiaraAlexisKlay
Genre: Crossover; Drabble
Disclaimer: Not mine. Roswell belongs to Metz and Katims and I’m not sure who the Covenant belongs to….some really wealthy movie making people though. Oh, and if no one knows that Harry Potter belongs to J.K. Rowlings you must be living under a rock.
Summary: see title….if you get the reference then you know who I’m talking about.
Rating: MATURE for language.
Pairing: Unconventional Couple (UC)

~~~
“Harry Potter can kiss my ass!”
~~~

“You said that?” Liz looked incredulously at her new boyfriend, who was looking entirely too pleased and in no way close to repentant.

“I sure did,” he boasted, puffing his chest out in a show of manliness and chin rising up with proud defiance. Wisps of pale, almost yellow-white locks danced across his forehead; escaping the confines of the knit cap he wore to tame it.

“I can’t believe you,” Liz shook her head, a smile curving the corners of her lips, eyes dancing with merriment.

“Oh, believe it babe,” he winked, and Liz couldn’t help the giggle that escaped.

Oh, her boy was so clueless.

“I don’t know why you would. Didn’t you know you look like an older, sexier, non-British Draco Malfoy?”

Liz took the time to savor her victory in the form of the look of absolute shock and slight horror before taking off. A spluttering Reid Garwin right behind her.

banner made by RoswellOracle!
KiaraAlexisKlay
Addicted Roswellian

Title: “Show Me The Way”
Genre: Crossover; Drabble
Disclaimer: Not Mine. Roswell belongs to Metz and Katims and I still don’t know who the Covenant belongs to except some really, really rich movie making people. Who is not me, by the way. Oh, and reference/badly paraphrased quotes to Top Gun the movie. Which doesn't belong to me either, damn.
Summary: Girls, boys, and motorcycles
Rating: MATURE for language, intense making out
Pairing: Hmmm….Covenant boy and motorcycle, now witchever one...?

~~~
Show me the Way
~~~

Liz hummed in pleasure, arching into a familiar touch, loving and needing to feel those warm, powerful, and unusually gentle hands on her, on her skin. Her small hand fisted into long strands of straight blond streaked hair, the other clutching and bunching worn leather on lean shoulders.

“Isn’t this the point where you ask me to take you to bed or lose you forever?” a husky voice teased her throat where he was laving little nips on her exposed pulse point, soothing any sting with tongue and lips.

“Po-ogue,” Liz drew out his name, leaning farther against the support of the handlebars, trusting in her boyfriend’s ability to keep them safe from toppling over.

Pogue Parry mumbled noncommittal noise as he chased his own shadow against the creamy flesh before him, and Liz yipped, grinding against chrome and denim.

“Pogue!”

“Yes?” Pogue lifted his head from under his girl’s jaw, eyes smoldering black with desire.

“Take my breath away,” she panted, curving her lips in a smiling invite.

He arched one defined brow but leaned in for the Eden of her mouth. None of this was what it was supposed to be, but he’d show her the way.

KiaraAlexisKlay
Addicted Roswellian

Title: The Midnight Hours
Genre: Crossover; Drabble/One-shot
Disclaimer: Still not mine. I wish you’d accept it, I’ve had to. Roswell to Metz, Katims. Covenant to those covetous peeps known as movie people. Song is LeAnn Rime’s ‘Can’t Fight The Moonlight’ from the Coyote Ugly soundtrack.
Summary: The night is going to get to you.
Rating: MATURE
Pairing: Unconventional Couple (UC)

~~~
Midnight Hour
~~~

Under the lover-sky
Gonna be with you
And no one's gonna be around
If you think that you won't fall
Well just wait until
'Til the sun goes down

Liz couldn’t help but feel nervous, despite her excitement. It was the first time in a long time that she was doing something just for fun, with no otherworldly abyss to suck her into it’s void. Or to be more accurate, no otherworldly, controlling and obsessed ex-boyfriend to go all ‘soulmate’ and make her life wearisome.

No, tonight, tonight was the night that Liz took herself back. Back in Roswell she was Little Lizzie Parker, smallest of small town girls, who’s one foray into after school partying landed her in jail. No one would let it go that she’d done something other than study for the rest of the semester’s homework and check in with the head nun. But here, here in Ipswich, and more importantly at Spencer Academy, no one was going to run tattling to her parents, or speak about her making an appearance.

She was going to have fun, her new roomie Sarah Wenham was bound and determined she would.

Underneath the starlight, starlight
There's a magical feeling so right
It will steal your heart tonight

“Liz, come on, the boys will be here any minute!”

Liz laughed as she allowed Sarah to pull and tug her down the beach strip to where several roaring fires were scattered about. Sarah being Sarah head straight for the largest of the bonfires, where teens and young adults in their early twenties were already dancing, drinking, groping, and having a good time or a good drama to the music.

“Isn’t this great?” Sarah shouted to be heard over the noise, and Liz’s reply was lost amid the laughter and cheers.

She just happened to turn around and caught the sunset over Massachusetts waters, and her breath hitched at the beauty of the ocean, and thankful as the sea breeze brought a chill that she was near a fire. The stars were already twinkling in the waning light, and they were so beautiful, even if they weren’t as clear as back home. The stars were positioned differently, so it felt like she was on a truly alien planet, far from home.

Exactly what she needed.

Liz heard Sarah call her name, and turning back to her friend she collided with a solid mass of muscle that reached out to bring her closer to an amazingly lean body in an effort to steady them both.

“Whoops, whoa there,” a mirth filled voice rumbled from above.

“Oh, I’m sorry,” Liz looked up and whatever else she might have said trailed off as her gaze collided with just as much impact her body had to the figure of said body she was supported against.

Vibrant blue eyes on a gorgeous face holding on to faint vestiges of boyish chubbiness surrounded by a fall of light brunette hair had her holding her breath. An almost tangible line of awareness and connection swept through her, electric, and scalding, but not in a bad way. It certainly was mutual if the approving gleam and slowly forming smile was any indication.

“Hey, Simms, ya going to let my roomie go, or are you going to keep her all night?” Sarah’s voice came from somewhere nearby, and with a muttered, “Oh!” Liz leapt backward as if caught doing something she shouldn’t, and immediately feeling guilty.

“What?” the boy turned his head slightly, almost distractedly, but his eyes never left her form.

“I, I’m sorry,” Liz ducked her head, biting her lower lip as she averted her eyes, unconsciously curling in on herself and crossing her arms to protect herself from the storm of criticism she was sure to be receiving.

Inwardly she chastised herself for stuttering, something she used to do a lot as a child, and was teased for relentlessly until it was under control. She still lapsed into it occasionally when she was nervous or upset. Her eyes flew open as a gentle, yet firm hand reached over to cup her chin in its palm, lifting as her head was turned around and her eyes tracked upward to meet an amused and sympathetically knowing gaze.

“It’s okay,” he smiled softly and Liz literally felt the tension flow out of her, relaxing and uncurling her arms slightly.

“So this is the infamous new roommate,” a feminine, laughing voice remarked and Liz had to forcibly turn her head and take a step back to get away from those baby blues that held her spellbound.

“Sure is,” Sarah boasted, curved against the side of one Toasty McHottie. He was tall, dark, and too handsome for his own good…Liz would have been a puddle of goo had her Blue Eyes not captured her first.

“Hey, guys, this is Elizabeth Parker, the new roomie.”

“Hello,” Liz gave a shy smile and wave.

“Lizzie, this is my boyfriend Caleb Danvers, the leather clad idiot who thinks he’s a ‘bad’ boy is Pogue Parry, his girlfriend Kate Tunney…”

“That’s me!” a gorgeous girl of mixed heritage waved at her, causing those around her to roll their eyes, and Liz felt instantly at ease. Kate was like a darker version of Maria.

“Everything’s always about you,” a light blond guy laughed and the collective groan let her know that she’d found this group’s version of Kyle.

“Reid, diss on your own girlfriend, oh wait a moment. You don’t have one!” Pogue gave his buddy a mock glower and a shove, and Liz giggled.

“The big mouth is Reid Garwin, ignore him, and you might keep your sanity,” Sarah rolled her eyes in exasperation and Liz laughed.

“I’ll be sure and do that,” she nodded, and turned to face the one who was yet unnamed. He grinned and stuck out his hand.

“Tyler Simms.”

“Liz Parker,” she took his hand and shook.

Her daddy always said you can tell a lot about someone by their handshake. Tyler had a good, strong handshake, but he didn’t try and crush her hand to prove his manliness or that he was stronger. The webbing of their thumbs met, their fingers curled about one another, and one good firm shake.

Her daddy would have approved.

“Nice to have been assaulted by you,” Tyler joked, eyes twinkling.

“Nice to have been rescued from my assault,” she joked back. Ouch. Her inner Maria smacked her for such a lame rejoinder, and she could imagine Michael’s snort and “Nice one, Parker.”

“Oh, Ty’s got a girl,” the one called Reid cooed, and Kate gave a “Whoo!”

“Look, he’s hogging her already!” Pogue laughed, giving a slight toss of his head as his bangs crept over his eyes.

“Must be love,” Caleb snickered.

“Oh, please, no! She’s new!” Sarah mock-gasped.

“So were you and that didn’t stop Caleb,” Tyler sassed back, sending a halfhearted glare her roommate’s way.

“Oh, girl, are you going to take that?” Kate jeered, laughing.

“Hell no, but I’m going to take Liz!” With a faux war-whoop Sarah sprung away from Caleb’s side and grabbed Liz, while a fast catching Kate grabbed Liz’s other side, and pulled her away.

“Later boys!” Kate blew a kiss over her shoulder as the two plus Liz sauntered away.

You can try to resist
Try to hide from my kiss
But you know, but you know
That you, can't fight the moonlight
Deep in the dark, you'll surrender your heart
But you know, But you know that you
Can't fight the moonlight..No
You can't fight it...
It's gonna get to your heart

Tyler found himself meeting up next his brothers later on as his favorite time of the night came closer; midnight, the ‘witching’ hour. It held amusement for the four remaining Sons of Ipswich, and a little apprehension for the locals who cast sidelong glances their way as they danced the night and party away.

“Hey, Ty, where’s your new girlfriend?” Pogue laughed, even as his eyes tracked the crowd of people for where the girls had disappeared to.

“She’s not mine,” he replied, his own gaze scanning the crowd for a glimpse of a sable-haired brunette.

“Yet,” Reid chortled, his arm now free of the little redhead he’d been macking out with for the majority of the time they’d been partying…on this side of the
fire. There was a little blond bombshell on the far side that had been missing his company and the two girls didn’t take a liking to each other, or Reid for that matter after everything was said and done. But Tyler’s attention was all for a petite, shy girl from who-knows-where that he planned on getting to know very well before the year was out.

“But you want her to be,” Caleb guessed, the eldest of the Ipswich Sons serious, seeing for the first time how Tyler was taking this.

“No doubt, bro, no doubt.”

With that said, Tyler suddenly moved forward, making a beeline for that sizzle that had suddenly risen in intensity when he concentrated, following his instincts as he wove in and out of spinning couples and groups with one thing on his mind. A particularly loud and noisy group moved to one side and there she was, haloed against the yellow-orange flame and the deepening darkness, the stars a crown above her head.

Her head was thrown back with laughter and her arms came up above her as she began to swirl and move to the beat of the song blaring out from a tiny portable radio, barely heard over the louder beat of the professional D.J., her hips softly gyrating and keeping time with the rhythm. The light reflected off her lightly golden skin that showed between the soft navy of her camisole, and the black of her pleated denim skirt that hit mid-thigh, and the strappy low heel sandals she wore. She wore a soft silver necklace that noosed around her neck, came down between her breasts under her top, and reattached around her waist like a belly chain to match the bangle earrings and bracelets.

Sarah was in front of her and Kate to the side, and all were dancing and keeping time with another, enjoying each other completely.

The aura of defeat and weariness and despair that had drawn him to her initially was gone, dulled under the hours of dancing and laughter, although a deep grief remained though suppressed for the moment. Tyler didn’t know what it was about her, but he seemed to come alive in a way that he’d never felt with another girl before, and he wanted more.

And what the Heir to the Simms line wanted, he got.

More often than not.

He didn’t think this would be one of those rare times.

He approached just as the strains to a slower paced song came on and after a surreptitious wave of his hand, every radio and sound system was playing the same song.

“May I have this dance, ma’am?” he interrupted the primal feminine dance, and Liz blushed in the firelight at the look in Tyler’s eyes. They almost seemed completely black, but it must have been a trick of the light.

“You may,” she giggled at his courtly airs, already having got the run-down on the Sons by various sources, i.e. jealous or previous girl toys of the boys. She knew that they were old money and that there were rumors of their ‘otherworldly’ origins, rumors that Kate and Sarah just rolled their eyes at. But Liz was a master of the Ways of Keeping Secrets Not Your Own, so she was aware of the little looks passed between the two girls when they thought she wasn’t looking. She thought she might be paranoid, that just because the Abyss had such a grip on her that she didn’t know how to be ‘normal’ again. Paranoia is just another word for longevity as Michael was fond of quoting. The scruffy and often gruff hybrid had amazing survival instincts, and he’d never steered her or the group wrong, so Liz had no doubt that it was true.

Liz wasn’t worried too much. She doubted that any of the boys would cause her problems, and she had no intention of getting involved in another drama of otherworldly proportions. That didn’t mean that she wouldn’t enjoy herself while she could.

And right now, dancing in the moonlight with an amazing guy like Tyler Simms was definitely something she was enjoying. A swimmer’s body, he was muscled, but not in any overbearing or too obvious way.

Subtle power, she thought, a smile chasing across her lips at the thought. The kind that was deadly.

“I hope you’re enjoying yourself,” the soft whisper sent chills dancing down her spine and a clenching of things much lower.

“Oh, I am, thank you,” she shivered.

“Cold? Here,” and Tyler brought her in closer, enfolding her in his strong arms, letting her take what heat he could offer, which was quite a lot, Liz blushed.
They were touching almost everywhere, and oddly, it wasn’t confining or controlling like when Max…no, she wasn’t going to think of Max tonight, or any other night while she was here. Not when she was…what? Falling in serious infatuation and lust with one of the East Coast’s most eligible bachelors?

“Thank you,” she repeated, snuggling into his warmth –deeper against his body- and enjoying the feeling of safety.

Liz gave a soft sigh, and realized she was happy.

Content even.

She hadn’t felt that in so long. It was nice.

Tyler was feeling much the same way. He didn’t know why he was connected or so drawn to this quietly grieving girl, but it was there, and he didn’t want to give it up.

There's no escaping love
Once a gentle breeze
Weaves a spell upon your heart
No matter what you think
It won't be too long
'Til you're in my arms

Underneath the starlight, starlight
We'll be lost in the rhythm so right
Feel it steal your heart tonight

You can try to resist
Try to hide from my kiss
But you know, but you know
That you can't fight the moonlight
Deep in the dark, you'll surrender your heart
But you know, but you know that you
Can't fight the moonlight...No
You can't fight it
No matter what you do
The night is gonna get to you

“I know we don’t really know each other, but do you trust me?”

Liz found herself startled to hear the rumble in her ear; she hadn’t realized she’d set her head on his chest, her ear over his heart as they swayed to the music. Pulling back but not out of the circle of his arms, she tilted her head so she could look into his eyes. Like an ocean of blue, she felt pulled to explore those depths, but she held back just enough.

The last time she’d seen eyes so compelling she’d been sucked in so deep she’d drowned and pulled in those closest to her to stay afloat. And the cost had been too much. Sudden fear spiked through her and she must have forgotten to breathe for a moment.

“You don’t have to do anything you don’t want to,” Tyler hastened to assure her.

“What can you read minds?” she fired back, feeling backed into a corner.

“Nah, I’m pretty good at reading people, faces, emotions, things like that. Besides,” he gave a devastatingly charming smile, “I can feel you tense against me in my arms. Relax.”

“Oh, okay. You sure?”

“Yeah, I’m sure,” Tyler laughed, and Liz found herself relaxing in increments.

“So, do you?”

“What?”

“Trust me,” he coaxed.

Liz pursed her lips, considering.

“I think I’d like to,” she said slowly.

Tyler gave a sigh of relief. He’d been amazed and alarmed at the sudden fear and panic his question had wrought, and he could almost feel the choking weight she had been feeling and he wondered how she could live and be so pure with the darkness pressing on her. She’d been burned, and burned so badly he knew she’d be fighting the scars for years to come.

He didn’t know why it was so important to him what she said or did, but it was.

“Good. Let’s start right now.”

With only a questioning look and an uncertain glance over her shoulder where Sarah and Kate were dancing with their respective boys and Reid had found himself another buxom companion, she followed Tyler’s lead as he led her away from the crowds and lights. Away from the press of people and the fire, it became chilly, and quiet, at least that’s the excuse Liz gave herself as she pressed closer against Tyler the further they left the others.

Oddly enough, despite her valid reservations about trusting another mysterious guy, she did trust him and felt safe and secure with him. That and the feeling of elation she felt, slipping along the sandy beach, crawling over rocks under the light of the moon, with nothing but the sound of the surf and the faint pulse of music that grew ever more distant the longer they walked. It was liberating, thrilling. She was on a moonlight walk on the beach with a guy she knew nothing about but seemed to trust, sent thrills of adrenaline coursing through her. Kind of like when she and Sean broke into the school for Alex’s records, the zing of possibly being caught, that edge of danger.

Who would have thought? Liz Parker, closet adrenaline junkie.

“We’re almost there. Here, stay close, it’s going to get rough,” Tyler offered his arm and Liz took it without hesitation.

He wasn’t kidding, the rocks started becoming bigger and more frequent, and they were starting to climb more than walk.

“Just a little farther….here, you’re doing good,” even the night couldn’t hide the flash of white as he smiled and Liz found herself smiling in reply even as she strained to see in the faint light where she placed her next step.

“Here we go,” Tyler sounded pleased. They took a left and there was suddenly a little nook in the rock wall, a fine white sand layering the ground, and an unimpeded view of the ocean crashing onto the beach below, and the moon waxing full spread over the ocean.

“Oh, Tyler, it’s beautiful,” Liz’s words were barely spoken, eyes wide as she tried to take everything in at once. Tyler grinned again, taking the time to enjoy this moment. It was perfect. She was perfect.

“Ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?”

“Batman, Jack Nicholson as the Joker to Michael Keaton,” Liz replied, and Tyler’s brows flew to hairline.

“Beautiful, graceful, and able to identify classic comic turned movie….Elizabeth Parker, will you marry me?”

Liz’s soft laugh echoed in the soft cave he’d brought her to and his deeper laugh joined hers.

“But sir, you haven’t asked my father for my hand,” she teased back, reaching to take the hand he’d extended, and walking away from the edge of the drop.

“I’m sure I can convince him with my manly charm,” he bragged and Liz giggled, the sound free and without care, just what Tyler was hoping for.

“Oh, I’m sure,” she agreed, shaking her head ‘no.’

“You didn’t answer me. Have you?”

“Well that depends…are you a devil in disguise asking me for a dance?” Liz cocked her head enticingly.

“I could be,” he swallowed, hard.

Her smile was brilliant in the moon’s rays that bathed her in a bluish cast, making her seem ethereal, like a faerie or siren of legend.

“Then I accept. You’ll be my first,” she smiled up at him and Tyler found himself forgetting what breathing meant.

“Sure. C’mere,” he used their joined hands to bring her closer, smiling down at her, and drawing her near, sending them swaying.

Without fear she shut her eyes and tilted her head back, arching a little bit, showing her complete trust as he led them about the small enclave to a dance only he could hear. It was the sound of the waves against the rocks and shore, the wind whistling through the crags, moving the sand and grass and reed, and the beat of their hearts, the rhythm of their breathing.

(You're gonna know
That I know)
Don't try, you're never gonna win, oh

Underneath the starlight, starlight,
There's a magical feeling, so right
It'll steal your heart tonight

Dancing under the stars with a girl he just met felt so right, Tyler was truly scared for the first time in his life.

What did this mean? Why was he reacting like this, with the new girl of all the girls it could have been?

And why did he not want to be afraid?

That scared him more than anything.

You can try to resist, try to hide from my kiss
Can't fight the moonlight
Deep in the dark, you'll surrender your heart,
No, you can't fight it

Liz knew she should be more cautious, more afraid. For if anything the hybrids had taught her it was people were never who you thought they were. And they never reacted the way you expected when it mattered most.

But here in this small place away from the crowd and expectations, with a warm, solid body to sway with, such thoughts were practically non-existent. For once, she was just going to be Liz and turn her brain off for a while and let her heart lead.

Neither Tyler nor Liz knew where this was going, but they were more than willing to find out.

You can try to resist, try to hide from my kiss
can't fight the moonlight
Deep in the dark, you'll surrender your heart,
No, you can't fight it

Tyler let his head drop slowly, heart thudding wildly in his chest, and on instinct Liz tilted her head forward to meet his kiss as the alarm on both their watches chimed the midnight hour.

KiaraAlexisKlay
Addicted Roswellian

Re: I, Liz (Multi XO, MATURE, cc/uc) 5/2

A/N:

Wow, I'm amazed at all the feedback.
I have to say, the Liz/Reid pairing has been my favorite to write even though my second fave was Liz/Tyler.
As to the reason I haven't written a Liz/Caleb is cause I'm having a hard time trying to write Caleb. That, and I do like the Caleb/Sarah pairing, so I'm trying to figure out how to incorporate a Liz/Caleb pairing. I have a couple songs that might work, but I'm not sure.
PeytonLeigh wrote:Wow, I really really really love the Reid/Liz one. I LOVE Reid/Liz, but this is the first one I have read! Someone needs to write more! But seriously, love the fic. Why isn't there a Liz/Caleb? You have Liz/other Covenant boys, but not Caleb...? Also, I have A LOT of suggestion couples: Liz/Josef from Moonlight, Liz/Sark from Alias, Liz/Oliver from Smallville, Liz/Logan from Veronica Mars, Liz/Bart from Smallville, Liz/Jason from Smallville, Liz/Dean from Supernatural, Liz/Johnny from Fantastic 4 movie, Liz/Alec, Liz/Lex from Smallville, Liz/Logan from Gilmore Girls, Liz/Nick from House of Wax (2005)... I think that's it! But aren't they all sooo interesting? haha. Sorry, if you've already done one of these couples and I just forgot; I can be a real space cadet! Anyway, I am always good for random cute guy hook ups!... and that sounded a lot less sketchy in my head, haha.
*PehtonLeigh* Hmm....those are a lot of boys, lol. I'll have to look some of them up. I don't remember Moonlight, I was thinking a Sark/Liz, Liz/Oliver or Liz/Lex or Liz/Jason Teague (god bless Jensen Ackles) might be in the works....I dunno, the Smallville boys might make an appearence. :P I already have a fic with Liz/Dean although they are brother sister...Liz/Johnny? *That* would be interesting....hmmm. I have plenty of Liz/Alec full fics....although you can never have too many eh? OMG Liz/Logan....I was so pissed at Rory for turning him down, the hottie was so in love with her, she was such a bee-atch for what she did. Wasn't Nick from House of Wax played by Chad Michael Murray?

*Pandas2001 and December* I'm so glad that you all liked The Midnight Hour...That one just seemed to write itself, I had no control over it! I blame Ansleyrocks for all her Covenant crossovers that paired Liz with Tyler. :P Perhaps I'll just have to continue it....
if only to make vampyrolover86 happy again, lol.

KiaraAlexisKlay
Addicted Roswellian

Re: I, Liz (Multi XO, MATURE, cc/uc) 5/2

Title: Not That Girl
Genre: Crossover
Disclaimer: Not mine though I fervantly wish they did...guess we know that it's really reality when wishes don't come true eh?
Summary: Caleb Danvers .......... need I say more? :twisted:
Rating: Mature for safety reasons; language, possible inneuendo
Pairing: UC

~~~
He could be that boy
I'm not that girl -
Kristin Chenoweth, Wicked the musical, I'm not that girl
~~~

My name is Liz Parker, and even though I'm the smallest of small town girls, I carry a secret that no town, no matter how big could possibly imagine. No, I'm not talking about the *Czechs* even though everything lately seems to be about them. Since, you know, *that* day. But I have been thinking a lot these past few days...about love, your first love actually. And how they always stay with you, no matter who you end up with, or how you feel about the person you eventually move on to.

I think about this, every year at this time specifically, about my first love. And no, it isn't Max or even Kyle, and no, that isn't my big secret. It's only part of it, though I am not ashamed of the love. He was tall, dark, and he had the most soulful eyes I'd ever seen...Max comes close, but it's a distant close at best, no offense to him. I found out something about him, about *them*, even though it's my birthright as the second heir to the Parry line. Yeah, that's right, me Liz Parker, am actually the bastard daughter of one of the most influential men in America...a family line that has been around since the very beginning of this country, and even longer in the Old World. Not that it'd do me any good. My 'father' pays good money to make sure that I don't embarrass him too much by actually having to acknowledge me as his...but that's okay, it's not like I want to be my father's daughter anyway. I much rather like the man I call "Dad" more.

But even though that's relevant, it's kinda not. It's because of this family connection that I was able to come into contact with him, my first love. My brother, my half-brother, has this friend. And yes, it's a little bit of little sister crushing on big brother's best friend. My brother always hung out with three others, and just about those only for the really important things. They were tight, like the Four Muskateers instead of only three, and they rarely did anything major without the other.

Reid was the funny one, he taught me to laugh at life and to just simple be in the moment. Tyler was the hidden studious one who encouraged me to further myself as far as I could get into my education. He was the one to take the most interest in my welfare, he said that most of the women they knew were just vaporous little twits who used their bodies instead of their brains to achieve some form of accomplishment. Ty didn't want for that to be my lot, and a lot of my study habits were directly resulting from that. Pogue, my brother, just looked on me as a burden I guess. The unwanted and unlooked for child of one of the many women who took his mother's place in his father's bed when the elder Parry was on the brink of separation, for no proper bred lady like Mrs. Parry would ever consider divorcing her multi-billionaire husband over a few 'indiscretions'. Living in that house, I don't blame Po for acting as he did, wearing long hair and riding amped up motorcycles...it was a form of rebellion and it was good for him to not have to pander to what 'society' thought he should do.

And then there was Caleb. Caleb Danvers. He was -is- the Eldest of the four, and even though he wasn't as actively involved as Tyler, he did have the most impact. Caleb taught me to love, and more than that, he taught me about responsibility and how to do the right thing even when it rips your soul and stabs your heart. I was his confidant, Pogue's baby sister who knew 'the secret' and could be trusted not to say anything, but I was just that. Pogue's baby sister. Good enough for the secrets, for advice on women, but never good enough.......never mind.

It's amazing, even now. I can still see his smile, the way it lit up his whole face, and hear him laugh. And even just the memory of him sends me into chills, and stomach butterflies, and a stupid smile on my face all day long. I wanted to him to see me as more than just mousy little Lizzie Parker, the little sister and secret keeper, I wanted him to see me as Elizabeth Parker, woman and all grown up, her own person. But you know that old saying, 'familiarity breeds contempt?' Well, in this case, familiarity bred complacency, and none of the boys, and most especially not Caleb, realized that I'd grown up. Of course, the lack of any serious or noteworthy curves in certain areas probably had a lot to do with it. But you'd think that once I hit high school they would have woken up to that fact. That he would look over and say, hey, where'd Lizzie Parker go and who is that woman in her place!

It's amazing how much things change in only a few short years, and how much some things don't. I've been shot, almost died, been brought back by an alien/human hybrid who's been in love with me since before I was even aware of anything, faced off with the town Sherriff, the FBI, evil shapeshifting aliens, and Maria's drama that she calls a 'relationship'. And yet I'm somehow still Little Lizzie Parker, doormat extraordinaire.

I went down to Ipswich, I know I wasn't supposed to. But I wanted -no, I needed- to be in familiar ground, among people I knew I could count on even if my birth, my existence is a little embarrassing to some. That, and I wanted to see him again, to let him hold me like he used to when I got hurt or scared, or to simply hug him and just be held for no reason. To just be. And maybe, perhaps, I wanted him to see me, Elizabeth.

But when I got there, I saw something that hurt just as much, no even harder, than seeing Max with Tess, than seeing Max hold his son. I saw Caleb Danvers in love. Oh, don't get me wrong, I know perhaps more than anyone else that my boys are no saints....far from it, and they haven't been innocent virgin boys for a very, very long time. But this was the first time that I saw one of them actually in love. And Pogue and Kate don't count, cause Pogue is my brother and that would be eww. But Caleb...my Caleb....he was in love.

She was -is- goregous, with this long blond streaked hair and this big smile and huge personality. I never even met her face to face, only saw her from a distance, saw *them*, and I could tell. She was just huge, like a black hole, sucking everybody in the vicinity in, and they'd happily do so. Her laugh made the others laugh, and when she smiled, you can tell everybody found a reason to smile to.

And Caleb....well, he was looking at her like she was his world. His very meaning to exist, but it wasn't in that oppressive, controlling way Max does with me. And I found myself hating her, wishing in that moment that I had even some of the power that my brother had, and I'd hurt her. But even as that thought came through my head, it left and it left me feeling empty, numb, and spent. Hurting her would hurt Caleb, and anger him, and an angry Caleb was not pretty. I couldn't do that. I couldn't do it to him. I couldn't break their group apart, and I suddenly knew, I'd never be able to break their love. I wasn't Tess, and the thought that I might actually emphasize and understand what might have been the motivation for that murderous bitch, makes me feel ill.

So here I am, Vermont. Away from the abyss and away from the boys. Away from Caleb and his girl. Perhaps Mom and Dad had the right idea, sending me here. It kinda gives me perspective on some things.

As much as it hurts, I know I'm not that girl.

I'm not that girl that would be 'the other woman', even though I'll always carry the stigma of her 'indiscretion' about for the rest of my life; I'm not that girl who can just sit by and let her on-again-off again boyfriend make me feel guilty for doing the right thing. And I'm not that girl that Caleb Danvers fell in love with.

But as I sit here, writing this down, I've come to realize, that it's okay. I don't have to be ashamed for not being that girl. I'm starting to think that maybe, just maybe, it's okay to just be me.

My name is Liz Parker, and if there's one thing that loving Caleb Danvers has taught me, is that it's okay.

KiaraAlexisKlay
Addicted Roswellian

Re: I, Liz (Multi XO, MATURE, cc/uc) 5/7

Title: Healing Hands
Genre: Crossover; crack!fic
Disclaimer: Roswell is Metz and Katims' baby...HOUSE, M.D. is David Shore and Fox's comedic answer to ER...erm, uh, it belongs to them. ;p
Synopsis: The good Doctor House meets the newest member to Princeton-Plainsboro...and she's not "Thirteen" either.
Rating: MATURE only cause it's House, c'mon. Possible language and inneuendo.
A/N: This is a crack!fic and intended to be humorous, not offensive. I've only seen a few episodes of House, but Hugh Laurie is such a memorable actor, and his delivery of House's dry humor and obnoxious and unorthodoxal teachings is brilliant. Not to mention hilarious. This one's for ellie who mentioned the House/Liz pairing in a crack!fic and damn it if it didn't stick in my head! Darn you! :P I hope I do House justice and that you enjoy it.

~~~
Healing Hands

"Perseverence does not equal worthiness. Next time you want to get my attention, wear something fun. Low-riding jeans are hot." - Dr. House, House M.D.
~~~

"She's an alien."

"Excuse me?" Dr. James Wilson looked up from his screen, only half listening as his friend and general pain in his ass delivered his usual off the wall comments in place of a greeting like normal people.

As if Dr. Gregory House would ever qualify as normal.

"See, I'm right. The invasion has already taken residence in the empty space between your cranium where your brain should be."

Dr. Wilson barely restrained from rolling his eyes, choosing instead to look back on his computer screen, trying hard to ignoring the steady thumping of the cane that signified House was coming closer, knowing that in the end it was utterly useless to do so. He looked back up when the tactiturn doctor remained silent, surprised at the silence, and met House's thoughtful frowning study.

"What?"

"Just trying to determine the extent of the damage. The fact that you're sitting rules out the anal probe this time around."

"House!" Wilson shook his head, exasperated, and gave up on his research to give his friend his full attention. "Okay, I'll play your game. Who do you think is an alien and why is this relevant?"

"That new microbiologist chick interning, and she's an alien because no one is that damn good with so many healthy patients. That's an oxymoron in and of itself, a 'healthy' patient. Makes it sound like we have a hospital full of hypochondriacs."

Wilson arched an eyebrow trying to follow House's twisted logic, and gave a sigh as he racked his brain to identify House's 'alien', and giving a sigh when he recalled the new intern.

"I don't know why you'd think that Doctor Parker is an alien...if anything, I think you'd get along scarily well with her...she is perserverant and she wears low-rise jeans every time she can manage it. She certainly got your attention," he smirked, recalling a previous conversation with his friend on just that.

"Using my own words against me isn't counterevidence...even if it's annoying," House shook his head, idly swinging his cane in one hand as he sat in thought. Wilson thought it best to leave House to his thoughts, although that could be more damaging in the long run.

"Well, it's been nice talking to you and just do me a favor?" House stood up.

"And what is that?" Wilson cocked his head to the side, almost dreading what would come out of the crippled doctor's mouth.

"Stay away from the light. You might find yourself the star cadaver in an alien autopsy."

"Go on your rounds for once, and don't bother Dr. Parker!" the last was shouted to be heard as the troublesome doctor shuffled his way out the office, the glass door slamming shut on them. Wilson groaned and hoped to any deity listening that Dr. Elizabeth Parker was strong enough to face House. He'd hate to have to go through interviewing a new doctor of microbiology so soon. Cuddy would have his hide.

~~~

Liz tensed ever so slightly as she felt the hair on the back of her neck prickle for the umpteenth time that day. Her instincts screamed that someone was watching her, but whenever she tried to get a glimpse of the annoying stalker there was no one there. She knew for a fact that it wasn't Max, having been on the receiving end of his intense gaze so often she knew the feel of his eyes by heart. No, this was someone new, and while there wasn't anything inherently hostile, it still was aggravating...not to mention nervewracking. She hadn't done anything out of the ordinary to reveal she wasn't exactly a 'normal' girl anymore, had she? It went past bewilderment, way beyond fearful, and sequed from annoying to ridiculous without a breath.

She was pissed now, and as soon as she finished with this patient, she was going to do something about it.

~~~

House smirked, decades of observing people had taught him much, and he could tell from her body language that the alien known as Dr. Parker was getting tense. Probably because she knew she was close to discovery, to be exposed to the world for what she was. It just wasn't right, House knew, that the vast majority of patients sent to Dr. Parker were suddenly 'healed' or 'made better'. Even though he knew that she was more than qualified for the position, he didn't think that anyone was that good to figure out what was wrong with a patient so quickly. So either she was the Plague made Flesh or she was an alien with advanced mental and healing capabilities to accurately diagnose and treat so many patients successfully.

He'd keep an eye on her.

~~~

"Ah, ha! Got ya," Liz gritted her teeth, catching site of her stalker's reflection in the mirror. Memorizing his facial features, Liz smiled at her patient, excused herself, and exited the room at an unhurried pace.

~~~

"Here we go," House waited a beat as he stalked his prey.

~~~

"Just a little bit closer," she murmured under her breath, keeping a wary eye out for...ah, there it was!

~~~

"Ah-ha! Huh, where's she go?" House blinked at the empty corridor before him. He looked suspiciously around, he hadn't heard any of those doors opening or closing, and there was no way she could have made it out the double-doors separating this corridor from the next so soon...could she? Maybe it was one of her alien powers, right up there with a strange predilection for world domination.

House got ready to turn around the way he came and came to a stop, for once surprised. Before him stood his quarry, one hand on her hip, and an eyebrow arched in a manner that meant she meant business.

Looks like little miss moonbeam is pissed, he thought.

"Houdini would have payed you a fortune to learn how you do that," was what came out instead.

"Shame he's dead. Student loans are coming up and the interest is a bitch," she snarked back.

Oh, my God.

"Marry me?"

"Won't the geriatrics ward miss you, or are they that desperate to get rid of you?"

If was official. He was in love with an alien microbiologist.

~~~

Liz had been unamused when her stalker boy had turned the corner and come down the hall after her, an attractive man about her dad's age or so in trousers, button up shirt, and a blazer jacket limping heavily and using a cane, she was just grimly thankful the mindwarp had held much as she detested this particular 'extra' bequeathed upon her by her not-so-human-anymore status.

She knew she'd hung around Michael and Kyle too long when she'd caught herself humming a medley of theme songs from Mission: Impossible and Alias while she laid in wait for her prey. He wasn't what she expected, Dr. Gregory House his nametage read, and then she knew this was the infamous Dr. House she'd been warned about.

His quip about Houdini right off the starting gate was so off the wall, so out there, that she replied automatically as if she were returning fire with Michael. His proposal wasn't the most romantic she'd received in her life but it was by fat the the most amusing, as she didn't know whether to commit murder or laugh her ass off both of which would result in her being fired and undue attention brought down upon her.

"So why are you following me, Dr. House? Was there finally a mutiny on the Bounty and your group vote you off the island?" she smirked, but her eyes retained a seriousness rare for one her age, or any other age for that matter.

"What, was 'Marry me,' not clear enough for you? Or is English not the language for your home planet?"

"I'm not the spacey one here, Doctor," Liz leaned against the wall, already feeling the beginnings of a DeLuca sized headache brewing.

"Are you really sure about that? Because I know how much denial illegal aliens tell themselves and others to stay in their little niches," House went on, shifting to lean more comfortable on his cane.

"You seem to be on a theme here Doctor."

"Just trying to get to the truth."

"Really? Cause from what I'm hearing you're probably on some kind of medication to keep infering things that aren't accurate."

"Which part, the illegal alien status or the language half? You need to be a little more specific there, Ripley."

Oh, my God, he's Michael in twenty-five years, Liz closed her eyes, bumping her head back.

"Ripley huh? You know what, yeah, I'm an alien," she rolled her eyes. "But not just any kind. I used to be fully human until a clone of recombiant alien/human hybrid dna infused with the essence of alien royalty manipulated my moleclar structure to heal me from the brink of death, and now I am part of the Alien Abyss. Because I'm such a sucker for sappy expectations, I now use my power for good even though I can kill you with my mind. Happy?"

"Not really. I left my voice recorder at home...you should escort me to my office so we can retrieve it."

Liz couldn't help it, she laughed, and was pleased when a quiet chuckle reached her ears.

"Lead on, Doctor, lead on."

"You know, this could be the start of a beautiful...."

"Finish that sentence with something smartass and I'll fry your unmentionables," Liz warned as they strode out of the corridor the way they'd come, only this time they were together.

This could be the start of a beautiful....whatever.

~~~

-finis-

~~

KiaraAlexisKlay
Addicted Roswellian

Re: I, Liz (Multi XO, MATURE, cc/uc) Ch 16 5/10

A/N: this one is for darkmoon who was such a dear and gave me my Zan and Liz wedding...times two! So this is just the first of her 'thank you gifts'. :P

~~~
Title:Collide
Disclaimer: Not Mine. Roswell looks to Metz, Katims, and Fox while Stargate is to...uh...I forgot, but definitely not me.
Genre: Crossover
Synopsis: It all started with a bang.
Rating: MATURE for language...possible innuendo
Pairing: U/C - just what darkmoon asked/begged for.
~~~

It all started with a bang.

Dr. Elizabeth Parker was on her way from a debriefing on the latest SG mission and some of the samples taken when the familiar boom of an explosion in the direction she was heading toward was followed by the shrill clarion of the alarm klaxons, blaring out the obvious. Bang = Bad, it didn't take a genius to know that.

Her pace hurried forward, anxious and curious, anxious because it was too much of a coincidence the boom came from where she was headed, and curious to see if she could help and what caused what. Her suspicions were confirmed when rounding a corner she could see thick, noxious smoke billowing out from the lab - her lab.

"Oh, hell," she muttered, and shouldered her way past the gathering SF's who'd come to investigate, and she waved them off, saying only one word, a name, and tried to ignore the knowing look on the the commander's face when she spoke that word.

Opening the door, amazed the thing was still working, she kept to the side as the smoke escaped, and taking a deep breath she plunged on in, sleepless days and nights spent working aiding her as she was familiar with where each and every piece of furniture was located allowing her to navigate through the room unhindered. Fortunately, the smoke was already beginning to thin out, though the strain of the ventilation system could be heard as it sucked the smoke out and blew clean - well recycled, air anyway- in. But there was still an acrid smell left, chemical, and Liz knew from experience that it would linger for a few days.

And there, in the middle, with his messy brown hair spiked up and his face covered in the sooty smoke, outlining a clean patch where goggles had been in placed, was the culprit himself. He turned around, coughing, and his eyes widened as they caught sight of her, the familiar smirking sneer absent as he coughed again into his arm, one hand holding the bottle neck remnant of a beaker, the other clutching a small glass stylus mixer.

"McKay! What the hell did you do to my lab?"

"Giving you an excuse to renovate apparently," he sniped, still coughing, but sounding indignant. Dr. Rodney McKay had almost winced as he heard the calm anger in the other doctor's tight voice; Dr. Parker rarely ever cursed unless it was either a) dire circumstances or b) she was pissed. In this occassion, it seemed to be a mixture of both.

"You cause an explosion, in my lab, and have the audacity to be the indignant one?" Liz winged one eyebrow up in disbelief, although she should have expected it from this man. He had been the pain in her ass and everyone else on base with his superior attitude toward those with no less than two PhDs and even then it was iffy that anyone could stand the obnoxious genius.

"I was working on something!" he pouted and Liz held back a groan.

Liz being Liz had found herself paired up with the snotty scientist fairly often, ostentatiously because she was the only who could put up with him for more than the time it took for the initial meet n greet. McKay did have that affect on 99.99% of those who came in contact with him. Years spent dealing with such titans of testiness as the POD squad had toughened her up, and increased her tolerance level of waspish, self-absorbed, self-important individuals, even if McKay was deserving of his brilliance. In many ways, McKay reminded of her what would happen if someone took Maria, Isabel, and Michael and stuck them all in a blender and this is what the resulting personality would be. He was dramatic enough to match Maria on a good day, self-absorbed and superior enough to give Isabel and Tess a run for their money, and surly and sarcastic so that she dreaded the outcome if he were ever to encounter Michael. Given if he didn't know about Michael's other worldly status, the two would either kill each other or team up...neither option did Liz want to explore.

He was crass, rude, utterly brilliant, knew he was brilliant, and snarked at anyone and everyone. Most of the time she either ignrored it or waited patiently for him to finish off whatever it was he was bitching at, smile, and then go on with what she was doing in the first place. She listened patiently to his rants and lectures, offered suggestions when she could, and tried not to take it personal when he went off about her methods or theories. Generally she could ignore it, but she was just as stubborn as he was, and despite her laid back attitude she had no qualms about putting him in his place when he pushed the line too far.

He was funny in the brilliant-offputting-scientist doesn't have a clue kind of way, and sometimes Liz thought he would be cute, or a little more likeable if he wasn't putting up emotional walls to keep people out. Yeah, he really did remind her of Michael.

"Are you finished now, or are you going to hold onto your pieces all night?" Liz suppressed a smirk as she gestured to the broken beaker in his hand, mentally filling out a requistion form for new equipment.

"What? This...oh."

Then Liz saw something she never though she'd see on Rodney McKay...he blushed. He ducked his head down, and that's when Liz really registered the soot and the clean mask where the goggles had lain, and the laugh bubbled out before she could stop it.

"What?" This time McKay was scowling as he tossed the broken glass into a charred area where the point of origin had occured, the small glass mixer finding it's way along side it, the tinkling as they broke was music to his still flaming embarrassed ears.

"Oh, Rodney, you're all dirty," Liz was still chuckling as she crossed the distance separating them and without thought brushed lightly against his cheek, smudging some of the dirt off and holding her hand up for his inspection.

As soon as Liz Parker's fingers softly brushed across his skin, McKay froze, surprise and an unexpected hammering in his chest and a tightening in his stomach occured. No one had ever touched him willingly before and he could only stare at her, barely registering the dirt staining the flawless skin of her fingers.

"Are you hurt? Did any of the glass strike you when they exploded?" she prodded, gently but firmly, and she stepped closer into his personal space, her soiled hand skimming across his smoke-grayed lab coat flicking off some of the debris. Her eyes were focused on the path her hand was taking and so she didn't see the odd look grace his face before he smoothed it once more into his usual surly expression.

"No," he snipped out, and tried to move away, but she paced him, easily staying parallel, and her other hand came to grasp his wrist as he pulled back and he froze.

"You're going to Medbay and get checked out. I don't want to take any chances."

"I don't need a babysitter," he hissed, offended.

"Really? I leave you for half an hour for a debrief and you blow it up. You're just lucky you didn't blow yourself up. And you will see the doctor if I have to have General Hammond order those nice Airmen to knock you out and carry you there, do you understand me?"

Her voice left no room for argument and Rodney McKay surprised himself again for the second - or was it third?- time by acquiesing the request.

"All right, all right, I'll see the witch doctor if it'll make you shut up. The sooner I get medically approved the sooner I can get back to my work," was his excuse, and he was discomfitted to see the knowing glint in Parker's eyes when she looked at him for a few heartbeats.

"After you," her smile was genuine in it's warmth and concern but she simply nodded and indicated he should preceed her out the choking atmosphere.

She knew when to not push, Rodney realized with a jolt of an unfamiliar emotion; gratitude.

"You're just wanting to make sure I get to med bay," he snarked over his shoulder, striding -stomping- out the door and passing the gathered SFs.

Liz timed it just right as they passed the commander, smiling behind his back as she said, "Nah, I just wanted to see your ass."

Rodney McKay's legs suddenly seemed to forget how to function and he ended up colliding with a wall.

Liz grinned...she still got it.

~~~

A/N2: *edited to include which show Roswell crossed over with. *looks embarrassed* Sorry, I thought i did that already. :oops:
Last edited by KiaraAlexisKlay on Fri May 16, 2008 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KiaraAlexisKlay
Addicted Roswellian

Re: I, Liz (Multi XO, MATURE, cc/uc) 5-15-08

A/N: As soon as I saw this prompt, I couldn't resist! LOL :D While it is not traditionally Polar....it does have hints of futurePolar as well as a possible future ship apparent when you read. Enjoy!

Title: Doomed
Disclaimer: Roswell looks to Melinda Metz and Jason Katims; Supernatural looks to Kripke and the WB.
Category: Drabble, Prompt #26 Supernatural
Synopsis: It's supernatural!
Rating: MATURE

~~~

Be near me when my light is low,
When the blood creeps, and the nerves prick
And tingle; and the heart is sick,
And all the wheels of Being slow.

Be near me when the sensuous frame
Is rack'd with pangs that conquer trust;
And Time, a maniac scattering dust,
And Life, a Fury slingling flame.

- Lord Alfred Tennyson, from In Memoriam, 50

~~~

"C'mon, Michael, you can't tell me you don't believe this?"

Michael scowled down at Parker, offended that she could even think that he'd accept this as truth. Her, little miss scientist herself, miss grounded in reality and facts, was choosing to believe this, this twaddle?

"That's exactly what I'm saying."

That said, his arms assumed their natural position, folded in front of his chest as he straightened and glared down at her, eyes narrowing at her muttered, "Unbelievable."

"Aw...c'mon Michael. You of all people should understand that somethings aren't what they seem," the cock-sure arrogant jibe set him on edge....or was the fact that Liz seemed to soften and melt into female idiotic goofy goop at the sound of that voice the reason?

"Shut it, Shorty."

"Make me, Grease Head."

"Did you inhale your car's fumes on the way to the funny farm or what?"

"Did you forget a little invention called a shower?"

"Guys, stop it!"

"That's enough!"

Liz and the taller brother stepped in between Michael and Mr. Cock-sure before the snarls and insults and quips could turn into fists and blood and broken bones.

"Honestly, Liz, how can you even listen to this crap? Ghosts, hauntings, things that go bump in the night? When did you turn into Maria?"

"Oh right, and hybrids carrying the re-incarnated essence of spacefaring race are just as believable? Shapeshifting motherfuckers that go poof when you hit the sweet spot?"

Liz cocked an eyebrow in challenge and the cocky bastard started laughing.

"Shut it, Casper," Michael growled, glaring.

"Phone home, Spock," Dean snapped back, and Sam groaned.

"We are so doomed," he mourned.

~~~

KiaraAlexisKlay
Addicted Roswellian

Re: I, Liz (Multi XO, MATURE, cc/uc) 5-15-08

Edited to show new link for spin-off series:

Shot Through The Heart
Last edited by KiaraAlexisKlay on Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KiaraAlexisKlay
Addicted Roswellian

Re: I, Liz (Multi XO, MATURE, cc/uc) 5-20-08

Edited: this is now moved to a new thread

Shot Through The Heart
Last edited by KiaraAlexisKlay on Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.