Polar Promises (UC,Mi/L,ADULT) [WIP]

This is the place where fics that have not been updated in the past three months will be moved until the author asks a mod to move them back to an active board.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, truelovepooh, Forum Moderators

KiaraAlexisKlay
Addicted Roswellian

Post by KiaraAlexisKlay »

A/N: I really don't care for this next one, it could have been better, but it was all I could think of at the time.

#13 Fire:

The sway of her hips, the lilt of her voice....a flash of white as her teeth opened in a devilish grin.

All of those were great and tantalizing on their own, but what really set his blood boiling and the seduction trilling through him was that snap in her eyes.

The burning of challenge with a smoldering of anger or desperation depending on the situation...sparks of frustration or irritation, the simmering of thoughtfullness that crept into her heated orbs.

All Michael knew was that he, Mr. Bad-Ass Alien Hybrid, was kindling and Liz Parker the fire that consumed him.

banner made by RoswellOracle!
KiaraAlexisKlay
Addicted Roswellian

A/n: Well, I don't like this one either, lol.

#14 Queen:

Liz parker was many things. First of all, she was curious. Usually about too many things and especially about stuff that would be best left alone.

Yet she was determined and stubborn once she set herself some mark, some goal she wanted to accomplish.

Grace and dignity, humble only in her pride. She was a worker, dedicated and loyal as proved by the many hours she worked for her parents, often a thankless and overlooked fact, considering she was under no obligation to have to work and help out. With her brains and persistance, she could have taken any other job and gone as far as she could yet she stayed.

As far as he knew, her heritage was as blue collared as you could but that didn't matter.

To him she would always be his Queen.

KiaraAlexisKlay
Addicted Roswellian

#15 Heal:

"I'm so sorry."

The three little words were hardly spoken and yet he could hear them as if she were right next to his ear.

"Not your fault."

A shrug and words almost coherent and that was that.

Liz couldn't stand it, especially when she saw those stern, strong shoulders start to shake, alarmed that no sound fell from his lips as he started to cry. She curled up around Michael, once again ignoring as he tensed under her touch, and laid her head between his shoulder blades as she wrapped him securely in her arms.

She said nothing, just held him. For what words could heal a heart just broken? Shallow platitudes were unwelcome and unneccessary.

Yeah, losing Maria hurt more than he could have possibly imagined. But just for a little while, as a tiny brunette held him with more strength than one person could ever hope to carry, Michael thought that for the first time ever, he might just be able to make it through.

KiaraAlexisKlay
Addicted Roswellian

#16 Lost:

"Mud."

"What?" Liz quirked a questioning glance Michael's way but he remained stubbornly silent, offering nothing to enlighten her.

It had been several weeks since she'd held his sobbing form the night Maria had left for New York, breaking up with Michael 'for good', and Liz had done what she could to help make the transition as easy as possible for her shaggy haired alien friend.

Then this word had just come out of nowhere, after staring at her until she had fidgeted, hands nervously gripping and releasing the hard wooden handle of the broom as she swept the closed diner.

"Okay..." Liz shrugged and continued going about her normal closing routine.

"Someone's brain cells went into orbit for a moment," she murmured but Michael still heard.

Smiling softly as he gazed at her retreating back, Michael shook his head, and returned to scrubbing the stubborn grease stains on the grill.

Parker didn't know just how far gone he was when it came to her.

KiaraAlexisKlay
Addicted Roswellian

A/N: I really liked this one, it's linked with the previous two.

#17 Tickle:

"No!" Liz howled, doing everything she could to get away.

Her heart was pounding and threating to race away with all the blood that sought escape from her veins. But still it came, looming closer with implied threat, and she screeched louder as it brushed against her side in a torturous, almost teasing menace.

"Say it," a deep voice growled the command, and Liz screamed as he made good on his threat in a very effective and efficient way.

"Say it."

"Michael Guerin, I'm telling on you!" Liz sang out amidst her giggles and the stitch in her side.

"That's not it," Michael shook his head, once, slowly from one side to the other as he his fingers continued their assault upon Ms. Parker's ribs.

Jeffrey Parker shook his head, unconciously imitating the younger man in the break room, grinning as he ducked back in his office and shut the door.

Who would have thought his Lizzie would still be ticklish after all these years?

KiaraAlexisKlay
Addicted Roswellian

#18 Penny:

"It's a mop." Michael wrinkled his nose and stared at it in disdain.

"No, it's not," Liz rolled her eyes, biting down on her lower lip.

"I have as much hair as it does," Michael scolwed down at the offending object in Liz's arms.

"Her name is Penny."

"You named it? Michael groaned, glaring balefully at the long haired Yorkshire terrier with a cutesy pink bow tied by both her ears.

Penny looked up at him and growled back, her whole two pound body shaking as her front paws gribbed Liz's forearm as if staking her claim.

Michael's eyes narrowed at the possessiveness, feeling a surge of his own primal instinct raising to the fore.

"Mine first," he sneered at Liz's new toy, to which said mop yipped in warning, baring her teeth.

"See, you two were made for each other," Liz laughed.

KiaraAlexisKlay
Addicted Roswellian

#19 Song:

"That's not a song."

"It's a good song, a winning song."

"Quoting Vertical Limit does not change the fact that this is not a song."

"There's music, lyrics, and awesome guitar and bass playing, that makes it a song."

"Michael, Metallica's King Nothing is not a couple's song and you know it!"

~~~

A/N: I figured I'd do something different and write a completely dialogue fic and it seemed to work.

Vertical Limit, Metallica, and King Nothing do not belong to me, blah blah.

KiaraAlexisKlay
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Polar Promises (UC,ADULT) 8/14

Title:Devour
Author: Kristin aka Kiara Alexis Klay
Disclaimer: Not mine.
Genre: Unconventional; Prompt
Pairing: Polar [Liz Parker; Michael Guerin]
Rating: Mature...could be adult if you squint
Synopsis: Prompt #31 from the old Polar Attraction board.

~ - ~ -

Waves of molten need rushed from some hidden, metaphysical reservoir of being, searing any and all concious thought or regard. All consuming, all encompassing, burning, boiling ... devouring. A rage of passion and desperation, harsh nips and burning caresses that ached as much as it soothed, blood and teeth and gasps and flesh and skin on skin, joining two into one.

Ground zero started where Michael's mouth fused to mine, and his need found it's echoing equal with mine. He wasn't gentle but I don't think that it mattered, it couldn't matter, not when his desperation to feel and be felt was so great. He was commanding ... demanding, yet begging and so submissive to the whims of my will that it twisted and spun my perceptions this way and that.

How could I not respond?

I gave what he demanded and gave even more than was probably advisable, but that was strangely alright. For as much as he took, as he demanded, he also gave back so much more. It was like observing a phoenix, terrible in it's destructive self-sacrifice and yet awe-inspiring to watch the beginning of a new life.

And then suddenly I was shuddering, blinking and shell-shocked, a still burning pyre, trembling in the wake of the simmering heat that refused to be doused with the reality that I was now alone. Yet I could still feel his presence despite his flight only a few seconds prior. Like a plane caught in another's jetwash, I felt tossed about and in a haze, and could barely feel the pressure of my fingerpads touching passion swollen lips.

I was a goner.

~ - ~-

Author's Note: I am back for the moment. I am glad you all enjoy re-reading these prompts. They are good ways to keep my focus and to keep me from losing interest in this fandom. Oh I still lurk about but I haven't felt any real need to update until here recently. I hope you enjoy this newest batch of prompts.

~K
Last edited by KiaraAlexisKlay on Sun May 02, 2010 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KiaraAlexisKlay
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Polar Promises (UC,ADULT) new 4-30-10

Title: Curb
Disclaimer: Yeah, this isn’t mine…if it were Polar would be canon after the Journal incident.
Rating: Mature [some language]
Characters: Michael Guerin, mentions of Liz Parker
Synopsis: Prompt #32

~ ~ ~

Intensely focused, the hooded caramel gaze followed its quarry as it flitted about; a woman who was on a mission, with a confidence that comes only from a complete assurance of her place, her lot, in this life.

Michael shook his head in wonderment even as his heavy brows lowered in frustrated concentration, doing his best to ignore an ever increasing desire and instinct that demand satiation. Damn this curiosity, he was a man, an alien one at that, not a friggin’ feline! Still, his eyes and mind tracked back to his quarry, thoughts pinging around like a bullet from a gun.

What was so great about the Science Mouse anyway? he thought irritably, trying and failing to curb the rise of brooding annoyance.

She was a danger to the family, a coolly detached part of him observed, the pressure of the eagerness to defend, to protect, merely added to the rising tension building up like floodwater behind a dam.

She SAVED us … saved me yet another sliver of his psyche rebutted immediately, and Michael scowled at the warring instincts and the irony of fighting his own self in his own mind.

On one hand, she was human, and the fact of her continued existence was dangerous to him and his kind. On the other hand … that Parker girl had proven clever and creative in defending him and his own, and the protector in him recognized a kindred spirit. He had to acknowledge, if only grudgingly and even if Maxwell and the Princess didn’t, the lengths that Parker would undergo to protect three practical strangers not even the same species.

He couldn’t do any less than to respect the little spitfire even though her taste in romantic interests sucked, and seemed to go downhill

But the guardian within him quailed at the necessity and futility of keeping her a part of them. Not only was the group at risk, but so was she, and the motley crew of normal people that were slowly being aware to the peculiarities of a select few. And if she continued her selfless trend in protecting Maxwell and the group as a whole, then there was going to be a Day of Atonement.

Try as he might, Michael felt the weight of inevitability settle upon his broad shoulders, darkening an already thunderous glower into something far more dangerous and pensive than ever. The scalding, bitter smell of the coffee hit him as he realized he was unwittingly throttling the ceramic mug with the turn his thoughts were taking.

It was a knowing in his darkest part of his fractured being that the slippery slope Parker was leaping onto would demand it’s toll by taking everything she ever held so dear. Where that certainty came from he didn’t want to examine too closely, and he tossed his tip and payment onto the table next to his untouched drink.

Time for hm to rejoin the rest of the illegally interplanetary immigrated kind.

~

KiaraAlexisKlay
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Polar Promises (UC,ADULT) 5-02-10

Title: Separate Me From The Living
Genre: AU, UC
Disclaimer: Not mine. Roswell is the property of Melinda Metz, Jason Katims, and a whole host of various networks and producers. The song lyric is not mine either.
Rating: Adult – graphic imagery, some language.
Pairing: CC & UC
Characters: Michael Guerin; Elizabeth ‘Liz’ Parker
Synopsis: More Polar Attraction inspired prompts #s 33 – 36 : Intent, Picture, Bitter, Metallic.
A/N: Just a warning, you might want a tissue. I know I did.

~ * ~ * ~
I can feel the night beginning
separate me from the living
understanding me
after all I've seen
piecing every thought together
find the words to make me better
if I only knew how to pull myself apart
– Evanescence, “All That I am Living For”, The Open Door.
~ * ~ * ~

“Listen up, Parker, ‘cause I’m not going to say this again,” Michael growled, coughing slightly on a burble of coppery tinged mucus that threatened to choke him.

’How ironic,’ he noted grimly as the object of his attention focused a worried russet hued gaze on him. Something not completely due to his physical injuries burned bittersweet at the haunted sorrow that painted such a somber portrait upon that gold touched face.

Petite, work roughened hands reached toward him with a healing purpose and Michael’s quickly barked out, “DON’T” shocked her compliance.

Biting her lower lip in a familiar gesture, her arms came forward, no crackle of power so much as sparking as she bound him up in a comforting vanilla and cinnamon scented wave of sweat that he’d come to associate with “Liz.”

Pained whiskey amber eyes met melted chocolate ones and he recognized something in that gaze he loved.

Yeah…love.

What of it? It didn’t matter now.

“Listen, Parker,” he grabbed for one of the arms supporting him. Her arms propped him across her lap and leaning against her chest. A chest he was very familiar with and, Damn it all! What he had to say was important and she was distracting him just holding him damnit!

“I’m listening, Guerin,” Liz Parker-Evans flipped some of her knife shorn locks out of her eyes, the better to pin him with a more direct stare. Even now, punked out in the remnants of whatever clothing she could find [where had she found leather that was small enough for her?] she was still Parker to him. Forever and always, his Parker.

“You need to complete the mission.”

“Shh…don’t talk like that, Michael,” the stubborn woman immediately disputed, shaking her head against the moisture he could see turning her eyes almost glittering black. “We just need to regroup- ”

“Listen to me!”

Both were shocked at the desperate intensity in his command.

“Please,” he wheezed out as a painful pop snapped something in his chest, and it wasn’t a warm gushy emotion. Although speaking of warm gushiness…

“Michael!”

“Parker…Liz,” he slurred. Focus, Guerin, focus! The distant sounds of battle reached his ears and it spurred some hidden reservoir. The mission. Liz. If the mission was successful than he could still save them, save her. “Liz, you need…to get to… the, the Granolith. You need to work it … fix it. Fix it all. Fix this.”

Michael’s eyes bore directly into hers and she shook her head again, accepting and denying at once.

“You need a healer. Max is just - ”

“Max is over the hill, I know that, and you need His Highness as powered up as possible to make the journey back. Please…Liz!”

Liz’s heart seemed to shatter at the strongest man she knew begging her. She did nothing to hold back the tide of tears making muddy track on her dust stained face, mascara tracing a path upon the curve of her cheek. He was fading and they both knew it but he wasn’t going until she promised him.

“Promise me.”

She could barely hear him now but stubborn man, he was still holding on.

“I promise,” she whispered, gently cradling his head in her hands, pressing the ghost of a kiss upon blood stained lips, heedless of the sounds of raging battle getting louder even as it came closer. Lips that twitched ever so slightly and formed the word, “Love,” and then he was gone.

Max Evans felt the metaphysical jolt of loss as the last of his family died, and he careened around a boulder to the sound of his wife’s keening cry.

~ * ~ * ~