Destiny Speaks (M/L. Adult) Pt. 17, 7/21/08 [WIP]

This is the place where fics that have not been updated in the past three months will be moved until the author asks a mod to move them back to an active board.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, truelovepooh, Forum Moderators

m_groupie
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by m_groupie »

Natalie36: Yeah, Liz is going to have more problems with Drew. Thanks for reading.
Katydid: Max going nuts if all of Liz’s friends were guys would be funny but it doesn’t really fit in the story but just for you I put in a part with a jealous Max I hope you like it.
not_of_this_earth: Thank you so much for reading. I’m really sorry it took me so long, but life has been crazy.
lab6651: Thanks for reading. As for Liz’s parents being surprised when Liz leaves well you’ll just have to wait and see.
Alien_Friend: I’m glade you like my Max and Liz as well as the group interactions. I hate Liz’s parents also. I wasn’t going to write them that way but I started writing and that’s how it came out.
Thetvgeneral: Thank you. I couldn’t do this with out you.

Pt. 11

Max wandered around the lonely streets of Roswell long after most residents of the small town had gone to bed. Max however could not seem to find the peacefulness that most find in sleep.

It had been two weeks since Liz had moved and Max was slowly losing it. He missed seeing her face, the way her eyes would light up when she laughed, the way she felt in his arms, just the peace he felt when she was near.

The others had tried to help him the best they could but he still found himself surrounded by loneliness. He and Liz had talked every night but it wasn’t the same.

The one thing that truly worried him was the fact that Liz seemed to have made some friends and was having a great time in her new school. It wasn’t that he wanted her to be unhappy but he had a sinking feeling that she wouldn’t be coming back anytime soon and he wasn’t sure if he could survive that.

He found himself in front of the CrashDown and found the ache in his heart engulf him threatening to take him down to a place he would never be able to pull himself out of.

He felt a pull to Liz’s balcony. The need to be close to anything that belonged to Liz was too great. As he climbed up the ladder he almost hoped that she would be waiting for him with that half smile and open arms.

When she wasn’t he couldn’t help the feeling of disappointment that came over him.

He looked into her bedroom window; the room was almost devoid of all of Liz’s things. He undid her window lock and crawled into the room.

The room still smelled like her and if he closed his eyes he could almost imagine she was with him. He slowly slid to the floor savoring the small semblance of peace he was now feeling.

Liz lay in her bed trying to fall asleep but failing miserable. She had just had another long study night with Eileen, so she should be exhausted, but she wasn’t.

This wasn’t that rare of an occurrence since she had moved to Texas. She felt antsy and out of place.

The only person who knew that she hated it was Maria. Max had been very supportive and tried to help her through whatever was bothering her but Liz couldn’t stand that all she did when she was on the phone with him was cry and make him feel even worse.

So she had started to just tell him the good things that happened in her day and not concentrate on what she was really feeling. Like the fact that she missed him like crazy sometimes so much that she wasn’t sure if she could make it through her day.

Eileen had been the only thing that kept her from going completely insane.

Eileen was actually Drew’s cousin but unlike Drew she hated social standing and all the things that came with it. She was dating a guy from town who went to the public high school hence the name ‘townie lover’ that Brittany always called her. Liz had met him a few times and he seemed like a nice enough guy.

Mark, Eileen’s best friend, was just like her. His mother and father both came from old money and he just loved doing things to piss them off, like getting a job at McDonalds.

He and Liz had become fast friends. Although Liz had a great time with Mark and Eileen something was missing. It was hard being friends with someone who didn’t know about the alien abyss.

It was something that had defined her life for the past two years. It was sometimes hard to relate to someone whose greatest ambition was to try and piss off their parents when yours was to keep the FBI from finding out about your boyfriend and taking him away to be experimented on.

Even with these two new friends Liz still felt incredibly lonely.

Cora was completely shocked to see a man hunched over in the corner of Liz’s room.

Her heart began to race and thoughts about how to react flew through her mind. When the man moved turning his face upward Cora jumped back, going on the defense.

However, when she saw the haggard face of one Max Evans she instantly relaxed.

When Max saw that someone else was in the room with him he shoved himself off the floor and started to try and explain why he basically broke into the apartment.

“I’m sorry. I just…Liz… I mean I wasn’t…”

Cora cut him off, “It’s ok Max. Let me guess you missed Liz and somehow being here made you feel closer to her. Am I right?”

Max nodded his head but wouldn’t meet her eyes.

“It’s fine. In fact I think it is incredibly sweet of you. May I make a suggestion though?”

Max looked up at her.

“Next time don’t fall asleep in that position. It looked extremely uncomfortable.”

Max gave a soft laugh, “Yeah, it was.”

“Would you like to join me for breakfast? I want to get to know you better.”

Max looked a little hesitant so she added, “I promise not to bite. I have been dieing to eat one of Michael’s killer omelets and I hate to eat alone.”

Max gave her the first real smile she had ever seen from him.

“Breakfast would be great.”

Maria rushed into the CrashDown kitchen completely out of breath.

“Have you seen Max?” She desperately asked.

Michael looked at her like she had grown a second head.

“Why?”

“Damn it Michael this could be an emergency. Have you seen Max?” Maria heaved out.

“Why?” Michael repeated.

Maria rolled her eyes impatiently, “Isabel woke up this morning and Max wasn’t in his room. We haven’t seen him since last night and we’re afraid that he has gone off the deep end or something.”

“Max is fine.” Michael replied and turned back to flip the pancakes.

“Michael…” Maria warned.

“If you don’t believe me go out into the café and look.”

Maria peaked out and was relieved to see Max having breakfast with Cora. She grabbed her cell phone out of her pocket and called Isabel.

“Hello? Maria did you find him?” Isabel’s slightly panicked voice came through the phone.

“Yeah, he’s at the Crash. And guess what?” Maria paused for dramatic effect. “He’s eating.”

“Really?” Isabel’s voice sounded extremely hopeful.

“Yep.”

“Good. I’m coming over.”

“Ok, Isabel. See you when you get here.”

Maria looked once again through the pass through and smiled. Max hadn’t really smiled or eaten since Liz had left. It was good to see him doing both.

Max had to smile at the last thing Cora had told him. Most of their breakfast together consisted of talking about Liz. He learned lots of little embarrassing stories about his girlfriend.

Like when Liz was about three and had told her mother that she was going to marry an alien. When asked why she had said because they were cute and her size.

“Max.” Isabel said once she had walked up to the table. When she had first walked in to the café she was shocked to see her brother smiling and looking for all the world to be completely relaxed. A far cry from the little lost puppy he was the night before. “What are you doing here? Where have you been?”

“Out.” Was Max’s reply.

“Out! That’s all you have to say. I was worried about you when you didn’t come home. For all I know you could have been…” Isabel trailed off when she realized what she was about to say. “The point is I was worried.”

“I was fine Isabel. I can take care of myself you know.”

“I know that. It’s just since Liz has been gone….” Isabel cut her words off when she noticed the content happy light leave her brother’s eyes.

“Max I..”

“It’s ok Isabel.”

Cora watched the exchange with interested. There was obviously more going on than she was aware of.

“Isabel is it?” Cora finally spoke.

“Yes?” Isabel replied in her ice princess voice.

Cora wasn’t fazed. “Why don’t you join us, I would love to get to know Liz’s friends. She has spoken so highly of all of you.”

Isabel looked between Max and Cora. Slowly she slid into the booth next to her brother. “I’m Isabel.” She held out her hand.

“Cora. It’s nice to meet you.” Cora shook her hand.

A soft ringing sound interrupted the momentary silence. Max pulled his phone out of his pocket and smiled when he saw who was calling.

“Liz, honey breakfast.” Nancy called up the stairs to her daughter. She was extremely worried about her.

Liz had been sleeping later than she had before and she almost seemed depressed. Nancy had mentioned to Jeff about sending Liz to live with Cora, but he had insisted that in the long run keeping Liz here would be best.

“Be there in a minute,” Liz’s voice weakly called down.

Nancy wasn’t so sure they were making the right decision.

Liz rolled out of bed wishing for a few more minutes of sleep. It had been another restless night of missing Roswell and everyone in it.

She had been feeling more tired than usual as well as achy all over. She truly hoped she wasn’t coming down with something. She didn’t have time to be sick.

Slowly she trudged down to the kitchen and plopped down at the table.

“I made pancakes,” Nancy said cheerfully.

Liz pulled some onto her plate and began to prepare them the way that she liked without making eye contact.

“Liz what’s wrong?” Nancy asked although she already knew the answer.

Liz looked up with tired eyes but didn’t respond.

“I know it’s been tough but your father and I appreciate that you have tried.” Nancy began. “We also know that you miss your friends very much and so we have talked about it and decided that you can invite one person from Roswell to the Littan Christmas party. Brittany always has her Christmas party at the same time and you have been invited along with one guest.”

Liz’s eyes filled with hope. “I can invite anyone I want?”

“Yes.” Nancy replied.

“It doesn’t have to be a boy.” Jeff added.

Liz turned her face sharply toward him. “But Mom just said.”

“I know.” Jeff cut her off. “I’m just saying you should keep your options open. I’m sure Maria and Alex miss you very much and would love to see you.”

“I’m sure they would but they would also understand and support my decision to take Max.”

“You don’t have to make the decision right away.” Jeff argued. “You have time to think about it.”

“What’s to think about? I’m taking Max.” Liz insisted.

Nancy could see this turning into another fight and decided to intervene.

“We thought you might say that. So here’s the deal. The party is next Saturday night. Max can drive up Saturday morning. He can sleep on the couch that night and then leave in the morning. How does that sound?”

“Like not enough time but I’ll take what I can get.” Liz exclaimed. “I have to go and call Max.”

Liz rushed up stairs and grabbed her phone hurriedly dialing Max’s number.

“Liz.” Max’s voice floated over the line.

“Guess what?” Liz squealed.

“You’re coming back to Roswell ?” Max asked.

“No, I’m not but it’s the next best thing.”

“Ok.” Max replied not sure what she meant.

“There is this Christmas party that the Littans are throwing and I can bring a date.”

“Well, that’s good.”

Liz couldn’t believe he hadn’t caught on yet.

“I’m going to bring you. My parents said that you could drive up on Saturday, stay the night and then leave on Sunday.”

There was silence on the other end of the line.

“Max?”

Still nothing.

Liz began to back peddle, “Max, if you don’t want to go or can’t I..”

Max interrupted, “No, Liz I want to go. I can’t believe I’ll get to see you. I can’t wait. I’ve missed you so much.”

“I’ve missed you too. “

“I’ve got to go. I have to be at work in 10 minutes. I’ll call you tonight ok? I’ll make sure the trip is ok with my parents and then we can work out all the details.”

“Sounds good. I love you.”

“I love you too.”

The day of the Christmas party had finally come and Liz couldn’t sit still. Her body hummed with excitement.

She had missed all of her friends but she had ached for Max. It was something she couldn’t really describe but it was slowly going away as Max got closer to Lubbock.

She could feel him coming, as his presence became stronger the ache lessened.

Liz’s eyes darted around the room looking for some form of distraction but none were forthcoming.

Once again she got up off her bed and began to pace. She didn’t know how much more of this she could take.

Suddenly his presence was stronger than ever before seeping into all of the dark cold places inside of her that had been there since she left Roswell.

She closed her eyes savoring the feeling. Oh, how she missed this. She felt a jolt in the connection and knew that he was outside of her house.

She flung her bedroom door open not even caring about the loud crashing sound it made against the wall. Rushing down the stairs she almost fell three times but she didn’t care, all that mattered was being in Max’s arms again.

She reached the front door and fumbled with the handle in her rush to open it. Finally it was opened and nothing stood between her and the one that she had been dreaming about and missing.

Max and Liz both paused, just soaking each other in. Without warning they both began to move rushing into each other’s arms holding on for dear life.

Liz wrapped her arms around Max’s neck refusing to let go for fear that he would disappear. One of Max’s hands gripped the part of Liz’s shirt covering her lower back while the other moved up into her hair pulling her as close as possible. It had been three weeks since he had held her, touched her. He tried to soak in a much of her as possible knowing their time together was short.

No words were spoken but none were needed. They stood there for a long time just reveling in the fact that they were together again.

Jeff heard the loud bang of Liz’s bedroom door and her mad dash down the stairs.

He wondered what could have Liz in such a thither until her heard the front door open. He peeked out his study window and sure enough saw Max’s jeep parked outside.

He couldn’t believe that he let Nancy talk him into letting Max come and stay with them. Having him here would not help in trying show Liz how bad that boy was for her.

When he didn’t hear the two come inside he decided to go and investigate what was taking them so long.

Seeing his daughter in a heated embrace was not something he ever wanted to see especially when the other person in that embrace was Max Evans.

"Liz.” Jeff stated firmly but got no response.

“LIZ!” He said louder. Still he received no response from her.

He had had enough. He none to gently went and pulled on Liz’s shoulder trying to separate the two.

The jerky movements caused the young couple to be pulled out the trance their connection had pulled them into.

When Jeff realized that he had both of their attention he began his reprimand, “I can’t believe you would make such a spectacle of yourself Liz. That is extremely inappropriate. What are the neighbors going to think? They are more likely than not going to question your virtue and our parenting skills. Now break it up or I will send Max home.”

“We weren’t doing anything wrong.” Liz defended.

“Oh, so making yourself look like a slut to the whole neighborhood is doing nothing wrong.” Jeff argued back.

“Mr. Parker.” Max said in a firm tone. He wasn’t going to just stand there while Liz’s father treated her that way. “All we were doing was hugging. It is a normal reaction between two people who haven’t seen each other in a long time and I’m sure your neighbors,” Max stressed the word, “would not think anything bad about it.”

Jeff glared back at him, “Bring your bags into the living room if you are staying. I want to go over some ground rules.”

Jeff turned his back to the two and walked into the house.

Liz turned to Max, her head down, “I’m sorry. I didn’t think he would react like that.”

“Liz,” Max cupped her face bring it up so he could look into her eyes.

“Don’t worry about it. It isn’t your fault ok?”

Liz nodded. “Let’s get you inside.”

Max sat on the Parkers’ couch with Liz snuggled up next to him waiting for her parents to be ready to leave for the Christmas party.

The rules that Mr. Parker had set out were simple and to the point, but that didn’t mean that he or Liz would have an easy time following them.

Rule number one - no PDA’s except for holding hands and since they would not really being left alone it made any signs of affection almost impossible.

Rule number two - he would spend the night on the couch in the living room all night alone until the morning when Mr. Parker woke up.

Max knew that Jeff couldn’t completely enforce the rules but he knew he had to respect them to a certain extent if for no other reason than for Liz’s sake.

“You kids ready to go?” Nancy asked as she came down the stairs.

“Yes.” Liz said and stood up, pulling Max with her.

Luckily by the time they arrived at the party a lot of people were already there. It allowed Liz and Max to slip down into the basement were Brittany ’s Party was held unnoticed.

Max took in the throng of people with much apprehension. He was far away from his comfort zone but knew that it didn’t really matter as long as he got to spend some time with Liz.

“Liz baby doll I’m so glad you’re here.” A male voice called causing Max to turn around to see who was calling his girlfriend by such an endearment.

A boy about 17 with saggy black hair and piercing blue eyes was headed right at them. Liz turned and smiled. Mark pulled her into a tight hug and kissed her soundly on the cheek. “I’m so glad you’re here I was being inundated with plastic people.”

“Where’s Eileen?” Liz questioned.

“She’s not here yet the little twit. She’s most likely off with her little boy toy.”

Max cleared his throat, extremely irritated at the boy who had yet to unhand his girlfriend.

“Oh, sorry Max.” Liz smiled sheepishly. “This is Mark. Mark this is Max.”

“Ah, so you’re the one my little Lizzie pines away for.” Mark stuck out his hand in a form of greeting.

Max nodded and shook his hand, but didn’t verbalize anything. Max tried to control the jealousy raging through him. He knew Liz would never betray him but it still didn’t make the feeling go away.

Liz could feel a rush of odd emotions coming from Max but was unsure about what they were. She gave him a puzzled expression.

“Come on Liz let’s dance.” Max said pulling her out into the part of the room that was reserved for dancing.

Liz followed him turning back to Mark and shrugged her shoulders.

Max pulled Liz close against him slowly moving to the music.

After a few moments Liz pulled back and looked at him, “Want to tell me what that was all about?”

“What do you mean?”

“Oh, no you don’t. You were completely rude to Mark back there and I want to know why.”

“I wasn’t rude.” Max insisted.

“Max this is me you’re talking to and I know that there was definitely something wrong back there and even now.”

“I just missed you.”

“Huh.” Liz wasn’t buying it. “Max.” she warned.

“Ok, fine…I didn’t like they way he was hanging all over you.”

“Max, Mark is harmless. You know you’re the only one I want.”

Max moved his eyes away from hers and shrugged his shoulders.

Liz stopped their dance and looked around for a place they could go for some privacy. She spotted some doors that lead to the outside and dragged Max in that direction.

Liz closed the door behind them and turned to face him.

“Max what’s bothering you?”

“Nothing Liz. Let’s just go back inside.” Max suggested, trying to move around her towards the door.

“Oh, no you don’t.” Liz stepped in front of him. “We are going to talk this out. Now tell me what is wrong.”

“Liz.” Max tried again but Liz wasn’t budging. “It’s just that you seem to be having such a great time here and I’m just afraid that your going to realize that your parents are right and your life would be better off without me. And I wouldn’t…couldn’t make…”

Liz’s lips crashing down onto his cut off his words, flashes came upon him before he even realized what was happening.

Images of Liz crying the whole ride to Texas and every night since she had left him, Brittany and her little group of friends making comments to and about Liz, the teachers coming down on her hard and lastly all the things that Drew had said and done. He felt her loneliness and frustration as well as the heartbreaking ache she felt without him there with her.

Liz drew back from the kiss looking at him expectantly.

“Ok, so I’m an idiot.”

“Yes you are but I love you anyways.” Liz reassured him.

She had gotten flashes and feelings from him also. She had felt his all-encompassing fear that she wouldn’t be coming back. Every time she had told him about her new friends or how much fun she had been having she felt his fear grow a little more.

“Why didn’t you tell me you were so miserable?” He questioned.

“I didn’t want to worry you. I knew that when I told you it just made you feel worse so I was trying to protect you.”

“Oh, Liz you don’t need to do that. I need to know what is going on with you good or bad. Ok?”

Liz nodded her head.

“Why haven’t you told anyone about how uncomfortable Drew has been making you feel?”

“I’ve tried but no one really listens. He’s the golden boy. It doesn’t even really matter I only have to put up with it for about another month and then I’ll be in Roswell with you.”

“I can’t wait.” Max pulled her into a close embrace.

After a few moments he led her back towards the party.

“So,” Liz said as Max opened the door for her, “you started to sleep in my room have you?”

Max blushed to the tips of his ears.

Liz sat on a couch in the corner of the room talking with Eileen and Mark while Max went to get the two of them something to drink.

“No wonder you want to go back to Roswell so badly.” Eileen commented once Max was out of earshot. “With a hottie like that waiting for you I wouldn’t have left.”

“Believe me, I didn’t want to. But my parents didn’t give me much of a choice.”

“Oh, the trials of young love.” Mark commented causing both Eileen and Liz to through a pillow at him.

Max wandered through the mass of people trying to find the refreshment table. He finally found it and noticed two girls standing in front of the punch bowl talking.

“Excuse me.” Max said politely.

Both girls turned around at the sound of the sexy voice. Brittany and Brooke’s mouths all but fell open at the sight of the gorgeous man that stood before them.

Max’s back instantly stiffened when he recognized the faces of the two girls from the flashes he got from Liz.

Max pushed past them the best he could trying to avoid saying all the things he wanted to say to them.

Brittany was the first to regain her composure. “So what’s you name sexy?” Brittany asked in what she referred to as her bedroom voice. No man had been able to resist it.

“Max.” He said shortly.

Brittany didn’t recognize the tone of his voice or she just didn’t care.

“Oh, I like. I’m Brittany .” She leaned into him pressing her breasts into his arm.

Max ignored her, hoping she would just go away.

“So how did you hear about my party?” Brittany took the glass he had just finished filling and took a sip of the pink liquid.

“That was for my girlfriend.” Max commented.

“Really? Well I’m sure she wouldn’t mind if I stole you away for a few minutes.”

“Actually she would,” Liz snapped sliding up next to Max and wrapping her arm around his waist. His automatically came around her shoulders pulling Liz closer.

“Now, Liz,” Brittany began. “Don’t get yourself in such a tizzy I was just making conversation.”

Liz ignored her turning her face towards Max’s and standing on her tiptoes in an invitation. “I missed you.” She whispered.

Max happily complied by pressing his lips down on to hers. The kiss had started out as a way to get back at Brittany but like always the kiss soon took on a life of its own as Max and Liz were consumed with the feeling of the other person.

Neither knew how much time had gone by but the next thing they knew they were both being pulled apart. A moan tore from both of their throats in protest to the?separation.

“Shhs, you two I thought I was going to have to get the hose.” Eileen teased.

Max and Liz both took heaving breaths trying to regain their composure not breaking eye contact.

“Are you sure you two should spend the night in the same house?” Mark asked. “I mean Max, my man, you seem like a nice guy I would hate for Mr. Parker to kill you after he found you in bed with his daughter.”

“Mark shut up.” Eileen said. “I think the two of them are sweet, but you might want to avoid the kissing in public. You two looked like you were about to go at it on the table. And while I’m sure many would enjoy that, I don’t think your parents would be too pleased.”

Max and Liz nodded their heads both red faced.

“Yeah, sorry.” Liz acknowledged. “We do that sometimes.”

Eileen snorted, “No, wonder your parents want to keep the two of you apart.”

Max was sprawled out on the Parkers’ couch staring at the living room ceiling.

A war was waging inside of him. He could feel Liz which gave him a peace he hadn’t felt since Liz left but it wasn’t enough. He desperately wanted to go to Liz, to hold her, be with her, but the problem was he also wanted to try and earn the Parkers’ trust back.

He wanted to be with Liz forever and it would only put a strain on everyone involved if the Parkers hated him.

He heard footsteps coming down the stairs. He tried to pretend to be asleep thinking that it was Mr. Parker coming to make sure that he hadn’t snuck into Liz’s room.

He tried not to yelp in surprise when a body climbed on top of him. He quickly realized that it was Liz and opened his eyes to find her deep brown ones staring back at him, a smile on her face.

“Liz what are you doing?” Max whispered out, his eyes darting to the stairs.

“I was hoping you would come and see me but I couldn’t wait anymore. I need you too much.” Liz began to kiss him as her hands ran over his chest.

Max’s body instantly reacted to Liz’s ministrations. He desperately tried to get himself under control.

“Liz we can’t do this. Your parents…” Max lost his train of thought as Liz’s hand slipped between their bodies caressing him intimately.

"My parents,” Liz continued for him. “Are sound asleep and as long as we’re quiet they won’t find out.”

“Liz.” Max tried one more time to stop her.

“Max, I need you.” Liz pleaded.

Max kissed her gently. “I need you to. Let’s go upstairs that way we can at least have a locked door.”

Liz nodded eagerly pulling him up with her.

The next morning Liz and Max laid on her bed just facing one another, their hands clasped together.

Neither one had slept the night before.

They alternated between making love and just holding on to the one another.

Once again morning would force the pair to separate from each other and the safe cocoon of the love they had woven the night before.

Slowly Max pulled away from Liz and out of the bed. She watched him silently as he got dressed so that he could sneak back downstairs before they were discovered.

He leaned over her and gently kissed her lips then pulled the covers up over her. He pushed some hair off her forehead and then slipped out the door.

Liz couldn’t help the small bout of loneliness that came over her at Max’s departure. She didn’t even want to think about what it was going to be like when he left for Roswell in a few hours.

Nancy watched Liz and Max say their goodbyes from the upstairs window.

She once again questioned if she and Jeff were doing the right thing by keeping her here. Watching Liz cling to Max with tears streaming down her face was more than she could take. She had to turn her face away.

Liz hung onto Max for dear life not wanted to let him go. She couldn’t do it. It was too hard.

“Take me with you.” Liz whispered from where her face was buried in his neck.

“I wish I could. Oh, Liz I really wish I could.” Max held back his own sob trying to be strong for Liz. “It won’t be too much longer until we’re together again and then nothing can keep us apart.”

Liz nodded her agreement pulling away from him for one last kiss. It was hungry yet gentle and filled with the promise of the future. Liz stepped away from him and up onto the porch but never lost eye contact.

Max backed up staring into her eyes trying to memorize them until the last possible second when he had to climb into his car. With one last wave he drove away.

Liz stood there until she could no longer see the jeep. Slowly she turned and went back into the house and climbed the stairs when she reached the top she was stopped by her mother’s voice.

“Liz, I…”

Liz interrupted her, “Not now mom. Please not now.”

Liz turned and walked into her bedroom closing the door behind her.

^^^^^
TBC?
Let me know what you think.
m_groupie
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by m_groupie »

eric1978: Yeah, he hasn’t been but in his “defense” they haven’t been gone very long. Thanks for the feedback. I hope you enjoy the next part.
Alien_Friend: I’m glade you liked the part. Nancy is coming around. I hope you enjoy the next part.
thetvgeneral: Thank you for being the best beta.
dusk: Thanks for reading. I hope you like the next part

AN: Sorry it took so long to get this out. I promise to try and get better.

Pt. 12

So how was it?” Maria asked Max as she and Michael walked up to his locker on Monday morning.

“It was good.” Max answered evasively.

“What do you mean it was good? That’s all you’re going to give me? After all the work I have put into your relationship that’s all I get?”

“Maria give the guy a break it’s not like your dating him,” Kyle said as he walked up to his friends. “What Max and Liz do on their own is none of our business. Believe me we don’t want to know.”

“Maybe you don’t but I do.” Maria turned back to Max. “So, how was the party? Did the two of you get anytime alone?” Maria asked suggestively raising her eyebrows up and down.

“Max don’t answer that.” Isabel’s voice broke in as she and Alex joined the group. “I really don’t want to hear about my brother and his girlfriend’s alone time.”

“Party pooper.” Maria muttered.

“Maria didn’t you get all of this from Liz last night?” Alex asked.

Maria paused she couldn’t tell them that she hadn’t gotten anything out of Liz the night before. That Liz had spent the majority of the time crying about how unfair it was and how she wasn’t sure if she could stay there
any longer. Maria had spent most of their conversation trying to convince Liz not to runaway from her parents back to Roswell .

“Um, well yeah.” Maria finally got something out. “But that’s different. Most of the good stuff with Max and Liz is all in the body language.”

“What about body language?” Sarah asked catching the last bit of the conversation as she came up to her locker that was next to Max’s.

“Nothing.” Max replied. “You want to walk with me to class?”

“Ah sure.” Sarah replied slightly confused following him down the hall.

“This isn’t over Max.” Maria yelled after them.

The beginning of Liz’s school day wasn’t nearly as welcoming and it was just as uncomfortable as Max’s was.

Liz didn’t notice the stares as she walked the hallways of the school.

Her mind was filled with thoughts of Max and the situation they were presently in.

After Max had left she once again began to feel exhausted and out of sorts. She had thought it wasjust from missing Max, but now she wasn’t so sure.

This morning she could barley bring herself to get up to go to school. She noticed when she had gotten up that her skin looked slightly flushed. Her vision had gone a little blurry a few times but she knew by experience
of the past couple of weeks that it would go away.

Liz pressed her face up against her locker. Her heated skin feeling good against the cool metal. Maybe she should have stayed home.

“Hey, girl.” Eileen’s voice broke through her haze. “I just heard the rumors and I promise we will find who did it and get them back.”

“What?” Liz looked at her friend in confusion.

“You mean you haven’t heard?”

Liz shook her head slowly.

“Well they’re saying that you paid Max to come with you to the party. And that you were caught having sex with three different guys, one being Max and the others being two of the football players.”

“Hey, Lizzie how about giving me some of that sweet ass?” A boy across the hall called out.

“Oh, go fuck yourself bonehead.” Eileen called out and turned back to Liz to see if she was ok. “Liz?” She questioned.

“You know what it doesn’t matter.”

“Liz..” Eileen warned.

Liz interrupted her. “No Eileen, it really doesn’t. I know the truth and so do you and Mark. The rest of these people don’t matter.”

“Oh, sweetie pie I just heard.” Mark announced coming up to his two best friends. “I know people so when we find out who started these rumors I can have them taken care of.”

“Thanks for the offer Mark but I’m fine.”

“Are you sure?” Mark asked wrapping his arm around Liz.

“Yeah, let’s just get to class ok? Liz walked down the hall expecting the others to follow her.

“We’re not just going to let it go right?” Mark asked.

“Not a chance.”

“Good any ideas of who could have done this?”

“Yeah, and I think both of their names start with a B.”

The day had gone by slowly for Liz. No matter what class she was in someone had a comment to make. Even the teachers had heard the rumors and did nothing to stop them. In fact they seemed to believe them.

Liz took a seat in the back of her world history class in hopes of being ignored. Unfortunately Drew’s gang of jocks decided to sit next to her.

Throughout the class they made little comments about her. Liz was getting fed up with it all. She had sat through three other classes with people doing the same thing and she was beyond pissed. Finally they had an in class assignment and she hoped it would keep them busy enough to leave her alone.

But luck was not on her side.

“So Lizzie I hear you’re a hot little thing in bed.” Tim commented.

Liz acted like she couldn’t hear them, hoping that they would just go away.

“Oh, now don’t be that way baby. I promise to give you a good time. In fact I bet it will be the best ride of your life.”

Liz slammed her book closed. She stood up with determination and walked purposefully to the front of the classroom.

“Excuse me Ms. Walker? I was wondering if I could move to a different seat?” Liz asked.

“Why?”

“Because the boys back there are making inappropriate comments.”

“Like what?”

Liz really did not want to get into it but felt like there was no other way. “Things about wanting to a…um…sleep with me.”

Ms. Walker snorted. “Well, young lady I would suggest that if you can’t take the consequences for your actions that you think long and hard before you engage in that kind of behavior.”

“Excuse me?”

“You heard me Ms. Parker. I do not approve of the kind of extracurricular activities that you have been involved in. You should be ashamed of yourself. So no I will not show you special treatment by moving you to
another seat. Now please sit down you only have 15 more minutes to complete the assignment.”

Liz stood there completely dumbfounded. What was wrong with these people? Liz slow turned around and walked back to her seat. She tried valiantly not to cry for the rest of the period as the comments and snickers from the boys continued.

By the end of the day Liz was more than ready to go home and hide from the world, but she wouldn’t be able to. The school had a policy that for certain home games all students must attend the game unless given
permission from the principal to be absent.

Liz was putting things away in her locker trying to remember what she had for homework.

“Ready to get that team sprit going?” Eileen sarcastically asked as she walked up to Liz..

Liz gave her a yeah-right look.

“Ah, no team spirit?” Eileen whined. “That’s ok I don’t have any either but we can make fun of all the ones that do. Come on Mark is saving us the good seats.”

“Well hopefully it will be a good game so that everyone ignores sluty Liz Parker.” Liz commented.

The two turned and started to walk down the hall. “Don’t worry kiddo if anyone says anything I’ll take care of it. This school can’t afford to expel me. My parents have way too much money.”

Liz laughed at that.

“And if nothing else,” Eileen continued, “We will take names and have Mark spit in their food at McDonalds.”

“I knew there was a reason I had you two as my friends.”

They came up to the small line that had accumulated to get into the gym. Each student pulling out his or her school ID so that the teacher at the door could take attendance.

“Oh, no,” Liz said.

“What?”

“I forgot my ID.”

“Do you want me to go back with you to get it?”

“No, I’m good. It will only take me a second to go and get it.”

Liz raced back to get her ID hoping that she wouldn’t be late getting back to the gym. She knew if she were she would be in trouble.

The empty halls were eerily quiet. A cold shiver went up Liz’s spine. She looked behind her to see if anyone was there but the hall was empty.

“Come on Liz get it together,” Liz murmured.

She grabbed her wallet out of her book bag and closed her locker door quickly.

She hurried down the hall as fast as she could without running. As she rounded the corner a hand reached out and grabbed her pulling her into an empty classroom. A mouth came hard down onto hers swallowing her exclaimed words of shock.

Her body was shoved roughly up against the wall. Liz pushed hard against the chest of her attacker but his body was too strong for hers.

Hands grabbed her wrists pinning them to either side of her head.

Fear like she had never known crashed into her, paralyzing her. The mouth pulled back revealing Drew’s face.

“Don’t fight it honey,” Drew whispered. “I know this is what you want.”

“Let go of me.” Liz demanded.

“Now, now, Liz don’t be like that. I promise to make it good. I just want a piece of what you were giving so willingly at the party.”

“I’m going to scream.” Liz warned.

Drew pulled her hands above her head gripping them in one hand.

“No one is going to hear you. Besides who would believe you. We all know the kind of girl you are.”

Drew ran is hand over her chest and down her body. Liz bent her knee and slammed it as hard as she could into his groin. The contact was limited due to the height difference but it was enough to get him to loosen his grip. Drew stumbled back words.

“You BITCH!” Drew roared.

Liz scrambled to the door in the hope of getting away, but she wasn’t fast enough. Drew recovering from the hit grabbed her by the hair pulling her down to the floor falling on top of her. He slapped her across the face hard leaving behind an angry red mark.

“You’re going to pay for that.”

He bent to kiss her again but Liz turned her face to the side. She pushed once again on his shoulders hoping to get him off of her, but with no results.

Drew wrapped his hand around her neck making it hard to breath. Liz closed her eyes tightly trying to focus all of her strength and pushed as hard as she could with her hands again.

She felt his weight being lifted off of her body and than she heard a loud crashing noise. She opened her eyes shocked to see Drew crumpled on the floor surrounded by over turned desks.

A green light caught her eye. She looked down at her hands. Her eyes became wide with fear as the green flickering streaks ran up and down her hands.

A moan from Drew’s direction indicated him regaining consciousness. Liz scrambled to her feet puling her sweater down over her hands and ran out of the classroom.

She had to get out of here. She was in a complete panic not sure what to do.

Eileen who had come out of the gym to see what was taking Liz so long saw her friend run out of a classroom fear written all over her face.

Eileen grasped Liz’s arm only to pull back again when she received a slight shock. Eileen looked down at her hand only to see nothing wrong with it.

“Liz?” She asked.

“I need to go home.”

“What’s wrong?”

“I need to go home.” Liz repeated.

“Ok, I’ll take you.” Eileen was careful not to touch her again.

The drive back to the Parkers was done in complete silence. Liz stared out the window a million things racing though her mind. Most importantly she needed to get to Max. The green streaks on her hand were
definitely not human.

The car stopped outside of Liz’s condo.

“Thanks for the ride.”

“No problem.” She didn’t ask about the marks that were beginning to form on Liz’s neck and cheek. She figured that if Liz wanted to tell her she would otherwise she would just be the supportive friend.

Liz got out of the car and fumbled with the key for the house dropping them on the ground. It was hard to get a grip on the key with her sweater still pulled down over her hands.

If Eileen thought it was odd she didn’t say anything. She just got out of the car, picked up the keys and unlooked the front door. Eileen followed her friend up the stairs and watched as she threw a few things
into a small bag including her journal.

“Liz where are you going?”

“Home” is all she said.

“You are home.”

“No I’m not.”

“You mean your going back to Roswell ?”

Liz gave no reply she just walked out of the room.

“Liz.” Eileen called out.

Liz stopped and turned around.

“Need a ride to the bus station?”

Liz just gave her a faint smile and a slight nod.

Once they pulled outside of the bus station. Liz turned to Eileen.

“Thanks for the ride. If my parents ask where I’m at…”

Eileen broke in, “I’ll say I haven’t seen you. Tell that hottie boyfriend of yours hi for me.”

“I will. Tell Mark I said bye ok?”

“I will. Don’t be a stranger. I expect phone calls and updates on your life.”

“Of course. Same goes for you.”

“Of course. Now get out of here. Your wasting your head start you have on your parents.”

“Right. Bye.” Liz leaned over and gave her friend a hug and then was out the door.

“You know Michael you don’t have to baby sit me,” Max said as he stared at some stupid movie that was on the TV. All he really wanted was some time alone.

“I’m not babysitting you.” Michael argued. “We’re hanging out.”

“Is that what Maria told you to say?”

“No, can’t a guy just hang out with his best friend?”

Max just looked him and shook his head.

“Look man you don’t know what it’s like when she gets angry. Besides it’s not my fault that you’re afraid of a little thunder storm.”

“I’m not afraid of the thunder storm.”

“Uh.” Michael answered.

For some reason earlier that day Max had had a sense of panic come over him. It didn’t last long but it had made him jumpy and the loud thunderstorms raging all afternoon didn’t help matters. Neither did the fact that he couldn’t get a hold of Liz. This of course had made the gang go on “super watch over Max mode.”

A loud knocking on the front door stopped either friend from commenting further.

Max opened the door shocked by what he found on the other side.

Liz stood on the porch drenched to the bone by the rain.

“Liz?” Max uttered.

Liz pulled the wet sleeves of her sweater back revealing the green streaks.

“Oh, Fuck.” Michael exclaimed.

^^^^^
Good? Bad? Bord with it yet? Let me know.

m_groupie
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by m_groupie »

Disclaimer: The idea was not mine. I stole it from the TPTB of Roswell.

Thanks to all of you who left feedback and well just for reading the story.

pt 13

“Liz?” Max whispered in shock.

The tears that Liz had been trying to fight forced themselves out.

“Max?” Liz whimpered.

Max pulled her to him, “What happened?”

Liz melted into his arms as a sense of peace and safety came over her.

“I…I..” Liz stuttered as she just couldn’t seem to get the words past her lips.

“Sh, it’s ok Liz. You don’t have to say anything.”

“Max.” Michael called out.

Neither one of the couple moved.

“Max!” Michael said a little more forcefully.

Max glared in his direction.

“Look.” Michael nodded down at Liz’s hands.

Max pulled back from their tight embrace slightly, pulling Liz’s hand into view. The green streaks were gone.

“Liz?” Max once again questioned.

“It.. uh….comes and goes.”

Liz shivered. Her cold wet clothes taking an effect on her.

“Come on let’s get you warmed up.” Max whispered.

He gently lifted her up into his arms; one arm going under her knees the other wrapped around her back.

Liz brought both her arms around his neck and rested her head on his shoulder. Her eyes became heavy. She was so tired. The adrenaline rush draining out of her body now that she was safe in Max’s arms.

Max took Liz straight to his bathroom. He set her down on the countertop and turned to switch on the lights and close the door. Liz’s clutched his hand not wanting him to go too far. When he turned around it was the
first time he got a good look at her face. He stood frozen in place not sure what to do.

“Liz? What?” He finally got his feet to move. He stepped in between her parted legs, his fingers gently tracing the bruise on her cheek.

Liz didn’t say anything, just looked up into his eyes. She winced and pulled back slightly when his fingers touched an extra sensitive spot.

“I’m sorry.” He whispered. “Can I?”

He didn’t need to finish his explanation she knew what he was asking.

She gave him a nod of permission.

One hand cupped her cheek. His other hand caressed her neck for a moment before stopping over the hand mark bruises that were left there. Instantly their connection flared to life and Max was sucked into the
traumatic experience Liz had just gone through. His mind was bombarded with images of the attack and all the fear that came with them.

When the flashes stopped it took all of Max’s willpower not to run to Lubbock and beat Drew into a bloody pulp. Actually, more that just Drew, everyone in the damn school and after he was done with them, Jeff
Parker for forcing Liz to go to the wretched place. No, right now he need to stay in control. Liz needed him.

“Come on, let’s get you warmed up.”

He pulled off her soaked wool uniform. He took a fluffy towel and began to rub it over her warming and drying her body. He pulled the towel tightly around her, and then ran his fingers though her silky hair drying
it. He scooped her up into his arms once again and carried her into his bedroom setting her on his bed. Grabbing the smallest t-shirt and sweatpants he could find he began to dress her.

Liz didn’t say anything. She just enjoyed being taken care of and feeling safe and loved.

“Let’s get you into bed so you can rest,” Max
whispered.

He pulled back the covers and tucked her in securely, making sure she was completely covered by the blanks.

“Are you warm enough?”

Liz gave a slight nod allowing her body to succumb to the rest she desperately needed.

Max stayed kneeling by the bed one hand running though her hair while the other was gripped tightly in her hand, long after she had fallen asleep.

Michael began to pace the moment Max had carried Liz out of the room, his mind racing with the possibilities. What were they going to do?

One thing was for sure Liz couldn’t go back to Texas not with alien powers. Had someone seen the green streaks on her hands? Was that why she came back? To get away? Was she leading the FBI right to them?

As soon as the thought entered his mind he disregarded it. There was no way Liz would do that. Michael knew Liz would sacrifice herself before she
ever let the FBI get their hands on Max again.

He needed to call the gang. They had to come up with some way to fix this. He knew Jeff Parker would not be far behind his daughter demanding she come backto Texas .

Michael picked up the phone and began to dial one of the only numbers he knew by heart.

“You better still be at Max’s, Michael.”

“I am. We..”

“Good. Then why are you calling me? You’re on Max watch tonight. He is still with you right?”

“Maria.” Michael tried to interrupt but she was on a roll.

“Oh no his gone isn’t he? How could you let this happen?”

“Maria!” Michael tried again.

“I knew I should have stayed with him. I don’t know how you ever could have been a soldier in your past life. I’m telling you..”

“Damn it Maria would you shut up!!” Michael yelled into the phone effectively stopping Maria’s rant.

“Thank you.” He muttered sarcastically. “Now what I was trying to tell you was that Liz showed up here in Roswell with well some side effects.”

“Side effects?” Maria asked confused.

“Yes, side effects. Would you just call everyone else and tell them to come to the Evans’. We have a big problem.”

“I’m not calling anyone until you tell me what’s going on,” Maria demanded.

“I can’t tell you over the phone. Who knows who could hear.”

“What do you mean who could hear….Oh you mean…”

Michael cut her off. “Yes, now would you just call everyone.”

“Fine, fine I’m on it.”

“Good.” Michael stated and then hung up.

The footfalls coming down the hall caused him to turn around.

“I called everyone.” Michael informed his friend as
Max came into view.

“Good. Liz will need Maria when she wakes up,” Max stated as he walked to the front door and grabbed his jacket.

Michael watched with a confused frown. “Where are you going?”

“ Texas ,” Max said matter of factly, making sure his keys and wallet were in his pocket.

“ Texas ? Why?”

Max avoided the question and headed for the front door. “Watch over Liz. Make sure nothing happens to her.”

Michael stepped in front of the door effectively stopping Max’s departure.

“I’m not letting you go anywhere until you tell me what the hell is going on!” Michael demanded.

“It doesn’t matter.”

“The hell it doesn’t. What am I suppose to tell Liz when she wakes up,” Michael argued.

“Tell her I went out to get something or I went for a walk. I don’t care what you say just get out of my way,” Max ordered. His anger began to boil over. He didn’t have time to deal with Michael and his power trips.

“Not until you tell me what is going on.”

“Damn it Michael I don’t have time for this. Now MOVE!” Max shouted.

“I’m not letting you go off half cocked and do something stupid!”

Michael yelled back. Max had always been a cautious person except when it came to Liz Parker, then his judgment couldn’t be trusted.

“I’m not going to do anything stupid. I’m going to do what I should have done when I was in Texas the first time.”

“Meaning what?” Michael asked his voice still raised.

“Meaning get out of my way.”

“Max,” Liz’s timed voice called out. She had heard the shouting and had come down to see what it was all about. “What’s going on?”

“Nothing Liz,” Max stated his demeanor instantly softening at the sound of her voice. He moved in front of her gently tucking a wayward strand of hair behind her ear. “You should be resting.”

“Where are you going?” She countered.

“Just out.” He answered.

“Don’t lie to me Max.”

“He was trying to go to Texas ,” Michael supplied. He knew if anyone could stop Max from leaving it would be Liz.

“Why?” Liz asked Max.

“You know why.”

“Just let it go Max. You fixed me.”

“He had no right to…He has to pay.”

“No, Max. I just….I need you and if you’re off… I need you with me. Ok?”

Max pulled her into a tight hug closing his eyes against the tears.

“Liz, please don’t ask me to do nothing,” Max whispered.

“No, Max if you go and do what you’re thinking of doing it won’t solve anything.”

“But Liz.”

“No, Max. It will only make things worse.”

“You can’t go back there. I won’t let you. I don’t care what I have to do. You’re not going back,” Max pulled her a little tighter to him.

Michael didn’t know exactly what was going on but after listening to Max and Liz’s conversation he had a pretty good idea and he was pissed too.

He wasn’t a big fan of Liz’s in the beginning but somewhere along the way she had become a friend, more like family and no one messes with his family.

He knew he couldn’t take care of it right now, but that didn’t mean he and Max couldn’t take a trip to Texas at a later date.

Michael’s vengeful thoughts were interrupted by a loud knock on the front door.

He pulled the door open with a gruff “What?” as a greeting.

Kyle ignored him walking into the house. “The world had better be ending because you people just called me away from my date with Tina Ryman. There may not be a lot upstairs but there is plenty downstairs if you
know what I…Oh, shit Liz what are you doing here?” Kyle asked in amazement once he saw Liz wrapped in Max’s arms.

“Liz!” Maria shouted when she came though the still open door. “I’ve missed you so much. You have no idea what it’s been like without you.”

Maria pulled Liz out of Max’s arms and into a tight hug, still rambling.

“Oh, and Max you should have seen him. He was pathetic and wait a second what are you doing here? Why are you here? Well, that was a stupid question we all know why you’re here. I knew you wouldn’t be able to stay away from Max. I just knew it. Your dad…”

Michael interrupted, “Hey, blondie cool it.”

“Right, I’m cool. I’m good.” Maria pulled away from Liz only to pull her back again. “Oh, I’ve missed you.”

“Maria let the poor girl breathe and then hand her over,” Alex’s voice broke through Maria’s Liz haze.

Maria was reluctant to let her friend go, but allowed Alex to pull Liz away from her.

“We missed you Liz. Glad to have you back with us,” Alex whispered in her ear, a thought then occurred to him, “You are back right. You didn’t just run away did you?”

“Well, not exactly,” was Liz’s evasive answer.

“What do you mean not exactly?” Isabel spoke for the first time.

Seeing Liz become increasingly uncomfortable Max tried to redirect everyone’s attention.

“Look why don’t you all just go sit in the living room and when the others get here Liz and I will explain everything. Ok?”

With mumbles of disagreement the group all trudged their way into the living room.

Max waited until the group had left the room before he pulled Liz back to him.

“How much do you want to tell them?” He asked.

She knew what he was asking and as much as she didn’t want to talk about it, she knew it would be better in the long run if everyone was told the whole story.

“Everything.”

Max looked down into her eyes to make sure she was telling the truth.

“Are you sure?”

“Yes, since my powers decided to show up when they did it might be important.”

“We could still tell them the condensed version,” Max offered.

“No, I think it will be better this way. Maybe not every little part but most of it.”

“Whatever you want to do I’m behind you.”

“I know thank you.”

Liz sat cuddled up next to Max on the living room couch looking around at all of the expectant faces of her friends.

Everyone was there that knew the alien secret except for Valenti who had to work and the Evans’ who were on a date night.

Liz had no idea how to start the conversation she knew they had to have. She looked up at Max for help.

He gave her an encouraging smile and squeezed her hand that was resting on his thigh in support.

“Ok, I guess I’ll just start at the beginning. When I left Roswell for Texas, it was hard. Harder than anything I had done before and I felt sick the whole ride there. The thing is the sick feeling I had didn’t go away. In fact it got worse. I thought it was just the fact that I was feeling home sick. It was similar to how I felt when I went to Florida for the summer; the only thing was it didn’t get better. In fact it got worse. I was exhausted all the time and my skin would heat up and feel like it was on fire for no
reason. The symptoms seemed to get worse whenever I was upset. When Max came to Texas I felt better, but once he left the symptoms I seemed to be having came back. When I showed up to school today I found out that there were these nasty rumors going around about
me sleeping with a bunch of guys at the Christmas party.”

Maria’s loud uttering of “Bitches” stopped Liz’s explanation. Everyone in the room turned to her.

“Uh, sorry. Continue.”

Liz gave a half smile to her friend. Like her Maria had deduced the most likely candidates for who could have started the story.

“Anyway, after school there was a game we all had to go to but I forgot my ID so I went back to my locker. On my way back to the gym I was well attacked,” Liz paused trying to get her emotions under control and
was bombarded with questions.

“Attacked how?” Isabel asked.

“By who?” From Kyle.

“Are you ok?” From Alex and an “I kill him!” From Maria.

“Would everyone shut up so Liz can finish,” Michael shouted.

The room became quiet again.

“It was Drew he wanted, well he..” She couldn’t continue.

“He wanted what he thought other guys had at the party,” Max ground out. Once again he had to pull back on his rage before he made something explode.

“How did you get away?” Sarah quietly asked.

“I zapped him.”

“You what?” Kyle exclaimed.

“I zapped him. He went flying across the room and when I looked down at my hands I had green sparks going up and down them.”

The group openly gawked at her now normal looking hands. Except for Paul who had a thoughtful look on his face. Liz pulled her hands into the sleeves of Max’s sweater.

“They’re gone now.” Liz explained.

“When did they disappear?” Paul asked.

“On the bus ride here it would come and go but they haven’t been back since I’ve been here.”

“Were there any other odd things going on other than the green streaks?” This once again from Paul.

“I’m not sure but I think when Eileen touched me she got zapped.”

“But Max touched you when you came here and he didn’t get zapped,” Michael supplied.

“Did she have the green sparks?” Maria asked.

“Yes,” Michael answered.

Isabel had listened to the story in complete shock. It scared her to think that something like that could happen to one of them. So many things were running through her head she decided to focus on the most important for the moment.

“Did anyone see the streaks?”

“I don’t think so.” Liz answered. “The only one that could have was Drew and when I left him he was unconscious.”

The whole room let out a collective sigh of relief. They had enough to deal with at the moment. They didn’t need the FBI knocking on their door.

“Just so I’m clear,” Paul began, “You didn’t start to get any kind of symptoms until you left Max?”

“Yes,” Liz replied.

“And you said that when you saw Max in Texas you didn’t have the tiredness or any of the other symptoms is that correct?”

“Yes,” Liz answered again this more conscious of where Paul would be taking this.

“Stand up,” Paul ordered in a slightly harsh tone.

“Paul I don’t think…” Max began to object.

“I said stand up, Liz,” Paul once again demanded.

“Look.” Max let go of Liz and stood up to confront Paul. “Liz has been through enough tonight. She doesn’t need any…”

Paul interrupted, “Max we can’t just sit around and do nothing. This new development could affect our very existence.”

Liz felt fear and anxiety start to take her over as Paul continued. “Liz needs to learn how to control this before her father comes storming in here and pulls her back to Texas . We can’t have her glowing every time she gets a little upset over some boy saying things to her.”

“Dad, look,” Sarah said in slight amazement.

Liz’s body was shaking and green sparks were not just running up and down her hands but also her face.

“Liz?’ Maria questioned and reached out to her friend. She instantly pulled back as a sharp stinging sensation went up her arm. “Ouch,” She exclaimed.

Michael ran over to her examining her arm, checking to make sure she was ok.

“I’m fine Michael. It just hurt for a second.”

“Liz,” Max’s voice was filled with anguish.

Tentatively he reached out to her. His hand gently touched hers and the streaks instantly disappeared.

^^^^^
Good? Bad? Let me know. PLEASE.
m_groupie
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by m_groupie »

AN: Thanks for all the feedback and the bumps it means the a lot to me to know that you all like my story. I know I’m not that reliable with updating the story but I will try to get the next part out by the end of Nov. I hope anyway. Thanks for reading. I hope you like this next part. Let me know what you think.

Pt 14

“Dad, look.” Sarah said in slight amazement.

Liz’s body was shaking and green streaks were not just running up and down her hands but also her face.

“Liz?’ Maria questioned and reached out to her friend. She instantly pulled back as a sharp stinging sensation went up her arm.

“Ouch.” She exclaimed.

Michael ran over to her examining her arm, checking to make sure she was ok. ?

“I’m fine Michael. It just hurt for a second.”

“Liz,” Max’s voice was filled with anguish. Tentatively he reached out to her. His hand gently touched hers and the streaks instantly disappeared.

“Shit.” Kyle muttered.

The rest of the group just looked on in amazement.

Max and Liz both turned questioning eyes to Paul.

“Why don’t we all sit down and I will try and explain the best I can,” Paul stated.

The teens all took their seats again not taking their eyes off of Liz.

“First just let me ask you a few questions,” Paul began, “Max when you first healed Liz did you get flashes?”

Max nodded.

“Liz, what about you?”

Liz nodded her head and then shook it. “I mean I got flashes but not until a few days later. Max uh he opened a connection.”

“And the two of you have been able to get flashes from each other ever since?”

They both nodded.

“And I’m assuming that the two of you have had sex?”

The two blushed to the tips of their ears. Max ducked his head down unable to look anyone in the eye. Liz hid her head in Max’s shoulder.

“When?” Paul asked unaffected by the two embarrassed teens. If they were old enough to do it then they should be old enough to talk about it.

“Uh, this past spring after Liz got taken by Tess,” Max uttered.

“Liz you said that you felt a similar feeling when you left for Florida to see you aunt?”

Liz nodded.

“Here is what I think is happening: on Antar they don’t have marriages they have bondings. Bondings are only for the solars which is your race. We call them bondings because it bonds two souls together. Now?there are two kinds of bondings. There are the forced ones and the ones that are done out of love. A forced bonding would have been the kind that Zan would have had with Ava. The only people that attend a bonding ceremony are the couple, their family members and a high priest. If it is a forced bonding the high priest will force the flashes bonding the souls together. If it is done out of love then the two people get the flashes without help. In order to get the flashes without force the two individuals must have utter trust and love between them. Max got the flashes from Liz first because for whatever reason she trusted and loved him. When Max made the connection with Liz he was showing that he trusted her. Now on An..”

“Wait a second buddy,” Maria interrupted him. “Are you saying that Max married Liz without either one of them being aware of it?”

“Essentially yes.”

“Wow, that sucks,” Maria muttered then turned to Michael, “You should be glad I didn’t get any flashes from you buddy because I better be wined, dined and begged before I go down that road with you.”

“Who ever said I wanted to marry you?” Michael retorted.

“Now you listen here spaceboy, I have been..”

Isabel cut her off, “Can we get back to the point please?” She gave each one of the pair an icy glare leaving no room for argument. Isabel turned back to Paul, “Continue.”

“Right, as I was saying on Antar that is the bonding ceremony. Then you have to ah cement the bond so to speak. This is done by having sex. On Antar things go a little differently for the royal couple. Once the royal couple is bonded they are unable to be with anyone else.”

“Wait,” this time Kyle interrupted. “You mean they can’t have sex with anyone but the person they are bonded with.”

“Yes, as I said this only happens with the royal couple. It is to insure a pure royal line. It would prevent the queen from getting pregnant from someone else and trying to pass the child off as a royal. It would also prevent the king from having illegitimate children trying to take over the throne.”

“Wait I though you said that the ruler is determined by the fact that they have two main powers,” Max questioned.

“That is true but once two people are bonded their powers begin to merge so to speak. The queen who had only one power will develop two powers after the bond has been cemented. That way the ruling couple will?have four different powers when they are together. Technically if the queen were to get pregnant by someone other than the king she could pass down her two powers, so this safety net of not being able to?have sex with anyone else was put in.”

“What if one of them dies?” Maria asked.

“They will never be with anyone else. It has been known for someone that was part of a forced bond to move on and live a normal life alone but when the bond is made out of the love, and one of the royal couple?dies the other one does not live long after that. I mean how can you live without the other part of your soul?”

“What if they don’t have any children who will take over as ruler?” Isabel asked.

“The king’s second in command would begin to get a second power once the king or queen died. The process would start all over again. The second would have to get re-bonded so that they would only be bonded to one person.”

“So the single bonding thing where you could only be with one person for the rest of your life is only a royal thing?” Maria asked slightly concerned. She loved Michael but she wasn’t sure if she could handle being that connected with him.

“Yes, but when others bond they will have flashes just not as many or as detailed. They also won’t have it happen after the bonding,” Paul explained.

“So this means that even though I was healed by Evans no freaky alien powers will be popping up in me right?”

“Correct.”

“So us humans even if we bond with an alien we won’t get powers?” Alex asked.

“That would be correct. The only reason that Liz is getting powers is because Max is the King,” Paul stated.

“Ok, so Liz is getting alien powers because she is Max’s wife or whatever, the important question is what does this mean for us?” Michael began. “She obviously can’t control it. So how do we keep her from blowing?our cover and having the FBI breathing down our necks?”

“Michael.” Sarah chastised. “Show a little sympathy. It’s not like Liz can help that she has these powers that she does not know how to control.”

Michael turned to the usually quiet girl. “You have no right to talk about sympathy. You weren’t here when the FBI came to town and took Max. You have no idea what they did to him.”

“Yeah, well neither do you Michael.” Maria advised. “I think the only one who even has an idea is Liz and that’s because of the flashes.”

Liz had told her about some of the flashes she had gotten from Max when they were running from the FBI. She couldn't even imagine what he went through in the wite room.

Michael turned back to Maria. He couldn’t argue with her, but that did not change the fact that they needed to figure out what to do to keep them all safe.

“I guess the real question is can Liz be away from Max?” Isabel put in.

All eyes once again turned to Paul.

“I’m sorry but I don’t know. On Antar the queen was never away from the king for any length of time. I think that it is safe to assume however that it would not be a good idea for Liz to go back to Texas . She has described symptoms that were caused by being away from Max that quite honestly scare me as to whether she will be ok without him. She described fevers, nausea - things that can’t be good for her body. Not only that, until she learns how to control her powers she should stay as close to Max as possible because he is the only one that seem to be able to channel the powers from being harmful.”

“Great, Mr. Parker is just going to love this,” Michael muttered.

“Michael if you aren’t going to be helpful then leave.” Max had had about enough of his attitude.

“You have no right to be calling me out Maxwell you’re the one that got us into this mess.” Michael argued.

“Damn it Michael I couldn’t just…”

Max was cut off by Isabel. “Stop it both of you. We don’t have time for the two of you to get into a pissing contest. We need to figure out how we are going to keep Liz here. She obviously can’t go back to Texas and you can bet Mr. Parker isn’t going to be too keen about the idea of Liz staying here. The Parkers probably already know that Liz is missing. It will only be a matter of time before they come banging down our door.”

As if to confirm her story the phone began to ring. No one in the room moved. The phone rang a few more times before the answering machine picked up.

“You’ve reached the Evans leave a message and we’ll get back to you.”

BEEP.

“Hey, Philip, Diane, it’s Jeff. Liz is missing and we were hoping that you may have heard something or that boy of yours may have heard something. If you do give us a call.”

Silence around the room followed the message. Jeff Parker did not sound happy.

“What do you say we get these two love birds hitched?” Kyle announced.

“Kyle you’re not helping.” Sarah murmured to him.

“What it makes sense. What could Mr. Parker do if they were married?”

“It wouldn’t be legal Kyle.” Max explained. “Liz isn’t eighteen yet. We would need her parents’ permission.”

“Sorry, forgot about that part.”

“It’s ok Kyle, thanks for trying.” Liz smiled weakly at him.

“I’m here for you babe.” Kyle vowed.

“On to a plan that will work.” Michael emphasized.

“Hey, my plan would have worked if she was over eighteen.” Kyle argued.

“Whatever, the point is we need to find a plan that works and fast.”

The font door opening distracted the group from any farther discussion.

Diane and Philip entered their house with the hope that Max would be sitting there with Michael and Liz would be no where to be found, but that was not the case.

They took in the scene around them. All of Max’s friends were there and sitting on the couch cuddled together were Max and Liz.

“Oh, Max sweetie what were you thinking.” When they were out to dinner they had once again gotten a call from Jeff Parker demanding to know were his daughter was. They had been hoping that she was just out with?friends in Texas but somehow they knew that she would be with Max.

For the first time they noticed Paul Dupree in the corner of the room.

“Mr. Dupree.” Philip greeted.

“Mr. and Mrs. Evans.” Paul nodded in their direction.

“What’s going on?’ Diane asked. If Paul was here it could not be a good thing. She knew he was an alien and her children’s protector but he had never come to their house before.

“Why don’t you have a seat and we will try and explain everything.” Paul stated.

By the time the group was done letting the older Evans’ in on everything that had happened they sat in stunned silence. Their little boy was married and his human wife was developing powers.

Philip finally spoke. “You know Jeff Parker is not going to let Liz stay here without a fight.”

“I know dad, but what else can we do?” Max all but pleaded. “Even if Liz didn’t have to be near me due to the changes, I’m not letting her go back to that school with those people.”

“Max you may not have a chose.” Philip tried to explain.

“Yes, I do. The two of us could just leave.”

“Max!” Diane exclaimed astonished.

Max pulled Liz a little tighter against him. “I’m not letting her go back there. I won’t!”

Max had never really stood up to her in the past. He had always been such a sweet compliant child. For the first time Diane realized that he wasn’t her little boy anymore. He was a man. No, he was more than that.?He was a husband protecting his wife and nothing was going to stand in his way.

“Ok, Max.” She tried to soothe. “We’ll figure something out.”

The phone once again began to ring but this time Philip reached over to answer it.

“Hello.” Philip answered his gaze falling on Max and Liz.

Every instantly knew that it was one of the Parkers.

“Yeah, Nancy she’s here.”

There was a pause.

“Yeah, we can do that.”

Another pause.

“It’s no problem. Yeah ok. Bye.”

The group held their breath.

Philip hung up the phone and turned to Liz.

“They’re sending over your Aunt Cora to pick you up and take you to the Crashdown where they will get you to take you home.”

Liz shook her head. “I’m not going.”

“Liz honey I know this must be difficult but fighting them is not the answer.” Diane sympathized.

“Mom, didn’t you listen to anything we just said. Liz can’t go back. It’s too dangerous.”

Max tried to explain once again.

“So we’re back to what do we do now?” Isabel stated.

“Cora.” Alex said out of nowhere.

Everyone turned to him.

“Cora is the answer.” Alex explained. “She is sucker for romance and she seems to really like Max. I know she didn’t approve of what the Parkers did. If we can get her on our side we have a chance.”

“How?” Liz asked her voice sounding hopeful.

“We call all the parents here and have them sit down with the Parkers and talk some sense into them. If we can get everyone to tell them how ridiculous this all is and how they will all keep an eye out for Liz maybe they will let her stay.”

“I don’t know it sounds weak to me.” Michael advised.

“Well, what other choice do we have other than Kyle’s eloping idea.”

No one answered.

“Exactly,” Alex continued, “So even if it doesn’t work there would be enough adults around that they can hold the Parkers back while Liz and Max make a break for it.”

“Alex.” Isabel whined. She was with him until the holding the Parkers back part.

“Well,” Philip commented. “It’s worth a shot.”

Cora had been amazingly easy to convince to help out with the plan. She just needed to look over at her niece who was wrapped in the arms of the man she loved and to know she was doing the right thing.

Jim and Amy had also agreed to help almost immediately.

The Whitman’s had been a little harder to convince feeling that it wasn’t any of their business how the Parkers raised Liz, but after a pleading look from Alex who never really asked for anything they agreed.

Cora had called her sister and stated that she would be at the Evans’ and they should come there to pick Liz up. It had been decided that it would be better if the teens waited upstairs until the parents could speak with the Parkers.

It was a nervous bunch of teens that sat up in Max’s room waiting for the confrontation to begin.

TBC?
Good? Bad? Let me know.
m_groupie
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: Destiny Speaks (M/L. Adult) AN, pg. 9, 11/5/07

Post by m_groupie »

Thanks for all the feed back and bumps, it means a lot to me. I love to read what you all think of the story. Sorry this took me so long to get out to you. I have the next part mostly done so hopefully I will be able to get it out to you all soon.
Thank you Steph for editing this thing for me. I'm sorry I bugged you about it when you were sick. :oops:

Pt 15

The teens sat in huddled pairs around Max’s room. Max and Liz were curled up on his bed, desperately
clinging to one another. They both knew how unreasonable Liz’s father had become and they were
both afraid of how this “intervention” was going to end.

Michael sat in Max’s desk chair with Maria sitting on his lap, both afraid of losing their best friends
although Michael would never admit it. They knew that if the parents couldn’t get Mr. Parker to agree to
let Liz stay, that Liz and Max would be gone to some unknown location until Liz was 18.

Kyle and Sarah were settled on the floor by the window. Sarah felt great sympathy for the two of them.
She did not know Max and Liz that well but over the past few months she seen how much the two of them
loved one another. It was the kind of love that was only written about in fairy tales and romance novels.
Alex sat on the floor leaning against the wall closest to the door with Isabel sitting between his legs.

Isabel grabbed Alex’s hand that was resting on her stomach tightly. She did not want to see her brother
fall apart if Liz had to leave again, but she also did not want him to run away with Liz. She needed him too
much. Liz once told her that she wouldn’t take Max away from her; she really hoped she still meant it.

“Do you really think that this is going to work?” Sarah asked after a few minutes of silence.

“I’m sure it will,” Maria stated try to be positive, “Mr. Parker isn’t completely unreasonable.”

“I don’t know Maria you haven’t seen him lately. It’s like he is this whole different person or that I’m a
whole different person to him.”

Max hugged her to him, “After some of the things he said to Liz, I don’t know what to expect anymore.”

“What happens if Mr. Parker won’t listen to reason?” Isabel whispered afraid that voicing the question
would make it happen.

“Then we’ll leave,” Max stated.

“You can’t just leave, Maxwell.” Michael objected. “We need you here too. Not only do you know that Mr. Parker
would send the cops after you. But it would also draw attention to us.”

“I don’t care. I’m not letting Liz go back there,” Max argued back.

“Maxwell…” Michael started only to be cut off by Sarah. “Guys stop. It won’t help matters if the two
of you start arguing. Let’s just hope and pray that Mr. Parker listens to everyone and let’s Liz stay.”

The pounding on the front door of the home could be heard all the way to Max’s room causing everyone to
tense. Liz tried to snuggle closer into Max’s embrace.

The battle was about to begin.

“Where’s my daughter?” Jeff shouted angrily as he pushed past a slightly stunned Philip. His eyes
dashing around the room for Liz. “I want to see her now!”

“Jeff, just calm down and we can talk about this all reasonably,” Philip said soothingly.

Jeff whirled around to face Philip his eyes blazing with rage. “You want me to calm down? My daughter has
run away to some boy that we have told her repeatedly not to see. A boy that has done nothing but cause
trouble. A boy that is just going to mess up her life and you want me to calm down? "

Jeff took a step closer to Philip, his hands clenched at his sides. His voice took on a low deadly quality.
“Give me my daughter now.”

Jim decided to step in before something happened that caused even more trouble. He quickly moved over to
Jeff putting a restraining hand on his upper arm.

“Jeff, why don’t you calm down now before you do something that is going to land you in a whole lot of
trouble.”

Jeff’s only response was to glare at Jim.

Nancy’s voice broke through Jeff’s angry haze. “Jeff let’s go sit down so that we can all talk about this.
Getting yourself arrested is not going to solve anything.”

Jeff took a few calming breaths before turning to his wife and nodding in agreement.

“Good,” Nancy mumbled then pulled Jeff by the arm over to the love seat.

Philip passed Jim a meaningful look before sitting down.

Nancy decided to speak first so that Jeff could have a chance to get himself under control. He had been on an
almost murderous rampage since he found out that Liz was gone.

They had gotten a call from the school saying that they suspected that Liz was involved in an assault on
another student.

When they had gone home they found her room torn apart. Clothes were missing and strewn around the
room. Her money was gone also.

They had called her friends from the school but none of them seemed to know were she was or at least they
weren’t saying.

“Where is Liz right now?” That was the most important thing.

“In Max’s room with him and the rest of their friends,” Diane replied.

“Shouldn’t Max and Liz be down here for this discussion?” Nancy asked.

She wanted to make sure that her baby girl was alright. She did not like the fact that it seemed as if they were
all here to keep her and Jeff away from Liz, but she decided to be as diplomatic about it as possible.

“We thought it would be best if we all talked alone first,” Cora supplied.

Nancy and Jeff’s heads snapped in her direction. It was the first time that they realized that she was
even in the room.

“You’re in on this too?” Jeff’s voice showed his disbelief.

“What you are doing to that girl is wrong,” Cora replied.

“So what you all are going to give us a lecture on how to raise our daughter?” Jeff’s tone of voice clearly
showing that he was about to lose the small control he had over his anger.

“No, we just want to make sure that you are doing the right thing and that you don’t push Liz so far away
that you lose her forever,” Cora shot right back at Jeff.

The teens huddled in Max’s room could hear the elevated voices however they could not make out what
was being said.

“Well, Mr. Parker hasn’t stormed the room and pulled Liz out yet so that’s a good thing right?” Alex asked.
He couldn’t stand all the silence coming from everyone.

“Alex…” Isabel whined.

“I’m going to go and get a drink of water,” Maria announced.

“No, you’re going to spy,” Michael put in.

“No I’m not. I’m just thirsty and if I happen to hear a part of the parents’ conversation we can only benefit
from that right?”

“I’m not going to give into my daughter because she acts like a two year old,” Jeff seethed. He had enough
of this.

They had been going back and forth over him taking his daughter home.

Liz was his daughter and he could do what ever the hell he pleased with her.

“And what happens when you push her too far and she runs away for good. To some place that you can’t find
her,” Cora bit back.

“Liz wouldn’t do that. She just needs some time away from that boy to clear her head. She would never leave
her family and not let us know where she is.”

“I wouldn’t be so sure about that,” Maria’s voice broke into the discussion.

She hadn’t meant to speak up but after hearing Mr. Parker's comment she just couldn’t help herself.

“Liz could have left you know. In fact when this whole thing started she begged Max several times to just
run away, but Max wouldn’t do it. You want to know why?”

She paused letting her words sink in.

“Because he knew that her family meant too much to her and she would one day regret it. That boy, as you call
him, loves Liz too much to put her in a position where she would have to choose between him and her family
even though he knows he would win hands down.”

With that Maria turned around and marched her way back to Max’s bedroom.

The parents all turned to look at one another.

“I want to see my daughter,” Nancy stated quietly.

“Not yet,” Diane replied. “Not until we know what you are going to say to her.”

She knew it was wrong to keep Liz from her parents but they couldn’t afford for Liz to lose control right
now. Not with the green streaks running up and down her arm whenever she felt strong emotion.

“She’s my daughter I can say anything I want to her,” Jeff shot back.

“Jeff would you be reasonable?” Cora complained.

“Jeff I know how you must be feeling,” Amy Deluca cut in. “Liz is like a daughter to me. Maria and she have
been friends forever but what you are doing is just going to push Liz away. You and I both know that.
There is a reason why I don’t talk to my parents other than at Christmas and Maria’s birthday. Is that the
kind of relationship you want with your daughter? Because the way you’re going that’s what’s going to
happen.”

“As long as it keeps Liz out of trouble and on the right track then it’s fine,” Jeff argued back.

“And Max I take it is trouble?” Diane asked in disbelief. That was her little boy that he was bashing
and she would not stand for it.

Nancy looked away guilty but Jeff just stared at her head on.

Jim once again tried to stop things from spinning out of control. “Max isn’t a bad kid. He may have made
some bad choices but I’m sure he had his reason.” Like saving the world from evil aliens he added silently.

“But he does not need to bring my daughter in on those choices.”

“Did you ever think that she went willingly?” Jim questioned. He knew Max tried to stay away from Liz at
first but she wouldn’t let him.

Jeff just snorted in response.

“I didn’t believe Liz when she said you were being completely unreasonable but she’s right,” Diane
stated. “Jeff you may not like my son but my boy loves your daughter more than you or I could ever
understand. He would lay his life down for her in an instant. He would rather live his life in complete
misery than to ever see Liz unhappy or in pain. That is a lot more that we can say for you.”

With that she got up to check on the kids. She couldn’t take any more of Jeff’s crap.

The soft knock on the door caused all of the teens to tense. What if it was the Parkers saying that Liz had
to leave?

Max pulled Liz closer to him before softly uttering permission for the person on the other side of the
door to come in.

Diane stepped into the room and closed the door behind her.

“Hey, kids. I just want to check and see how everyone was doing.”

No one responded. She took in all the solemn faces and her heart broke.

Especially when her eyes fell on Liz and Max.

Liz sat curled up next to Max…her face buried in his neck, her hands clutching his shirt. Max’s arms were
wrapped protectively around her with his cheek resting on the top of her head.

Diane sat down on the bed next to them and wrapped her hand around Liz’s tightly clinched fist.

“We’re working on them. So don’t be too worried yet ok?”

Liz turned her head to Mrs. Evans and gave her a half smile as a thank you.

Diane gave Liz’s hand one last squeeze and walked to the door.

“Keep your heads up. We won’t let the Parkers leave until they agree to let Liz stay.”

Meanwhile the argument in the living room continued to rage on.

“Nancy, this is ridiculous. We don’t have to sit here and listen to this. We’re getting our daughter and
going home.” Jeff stood up pulling Nancy with him.

“Sit down Jeff!” Cora snapped. “For once in your life you are going to think about your daughter and not
your foolish pride or guilt.”

“I am thinking about Liz,” Jeff stated indignantly.

“No, you’re not. You’re making Liz pay for something she did not do. She’s not Gina you stupid man. You can’t
fix what you didn’t do for Gina through Liz.”

“Cora you can’t…” Jeff started only to be cut off by Cora.

“Shut up Parker, I’m not done. What happened to Gina was tragic but you have to stop making Liz pay for
someone else’s mistakes. All you’re going to do is push Liz away. Max is a good boy, one that I have come to
know over the past couple of weeks. Max would never do anything to put Liz in danger. Even if you can’t
accept that Max has the best of intentions for Liz at least believe in your daughter’s judgment. She has
done nothing in the past to make you question her.”

Jeff was ready to fire something back at Cora when Nancy asked, “Jeff, can I speak with you in the
kitchen please?”

He nodded slightly and than followed him into the other room.

“I think maybe they’re right,” Nancy began.

“Nancy, you can’t be serious.”

“No Jeff, listen to me. All were doing is pushing Liz farther away. You and I both know that Liz was not
happy in Texas. We took her from the only life she has ever known. All of her friends are here and as much
as we may hate it so is her boyfriend. The more we try to get Liz to stay away from him the more she is
going to want to be with him. If we let her stay with Cora but just put heavy restrictions on when and how
she can spend time with Max it may work out. We have to give her a chance to see that Max isn’t good for
her and that other boys will come along. By forbidding her to see Max we are just making it more exciting.
The more you tell someone not to do something the more they are going to want to do it.”

“And what happens if she ends up pregnant and alone?” Jeff asked back.

“Then at least we will be on speaking terms with our daughter and we can help her.”

Nancy did not like the seriousness of Liz and Max’s relationship anymore that Jeff did, but she also knew
that by keeping Liz away from Max it was only going to make her want him more.

“Fine.” Jeff muttered. “But if she…”

“I know, Jeff. I know.”

“It got awful quiet down there. You think that’s a good thing or a bad thing?” Sarah asked.

“A good thing if Mr. Parker’s calmer now,” Kyle commented.

Once again there was a soft knock on the door. Diane poked her head into the room.

“Liz, your parents want to see you.” Diane stated.

Liz looked up at Max. “Come with me?” She murmured.

“Of course.” He assured as the two scooted off the bed and headed for the door.

“Whatever you do Maxwell, doesn’t let go of her hand,” Michael called out.

Max smiled now…there was something he never thought he would hear Michael say.

Maria did not find the humor in the comment. She jabbed her elbow into his side and reprimanded him.

“It’s not her fault that she has the green streaks Michael.”

“Damn it woman I know that. We just don’t need Mr. Parker freaking out right now.”

“Well, you could have said it a little more tactfully,” Maria argued back.

“Would you two quit it?" Isabel demanded. “The last thing we need is to hear the two of you bickering.”

“We do not bicker!” They exclaimed at the same time causing the four remaining friends in the room to bust
out laughing.

“Are you sure you’re ready for this?” Max whispered as he pulled Liz closer to him right outside of the
kitchen entryway were the Parkers were waiting.

“As long as I’m with you I can handle anything,” She whispered back.

“Ok, then.” Max took a deep breath and gripped Liz’s hand tighter pulling her into the kitchen.

Upon seeing Max, Jeff instantly stiffened. “No,” He stated. “He is not going to be in here for this
discussion. It is a family matter.”

“I won’t talk with you unless he is here,” Liz warned.

“Oh, yes you will young lady. You are not the parent here,” Jeff argued back.

“Jeff, stop,” Nancy reprimanded. “Max can stay because this concerns him to. If he breaks one of the rules
then Liz comes back to Texas.”

“So you’re going to let me stay?” Liz asked in awe.

“Yes, but there going to be some ground rules,” Nancy warned.

“Ok,” Liz asked slightly suspicious.

“You can stay with your aunt Cora however there are going to be some rules. You are going to go back to
your original schedule of working at the Crashdown. You are not to trade sifts with someone unless you are
sick. You have to be inside the Crashdown or the apartment by nine on weeknights. On weekends you have
to be home by 11. You are only allowed to have one date a week with Max in which the two of you are
alone. When I say alone I mean going to the movies or out to dinner without your other friends not sneaking
off to the desert alone. Understood?”

Liz wasn’t happy with the rules but nodded anyway. She would agree to anything if it kept her close to
Max.

“Good. Cora has been advised of the rules and has agreed to keep us informed. If you break any of the
rules even slightly then you are coming back to Texas with us. No arguments or excuses,” Nancy explained.

Liz nodded again knowing that she would only have to deal with it for a few more weeks until she turned 18.
Once she was an adult, legally her parents couldn’t truly make her do anything.

“Ok,” Nancy continued. “You only have a week left of school before Christmas break so you are going to come
back with us and finish out the week and then move over the holiday.”

Liz immediately started to shake her head no. “I won’t go back there.”

“Liz, be reasonable. We are allowing you to come back to Roswell. It would be ridiculous to leave with only
a little less than a week left.”

“I don’t care I’m not going back!” Liz shouted becoming extremely upset.

“Liz!” Jeff warned.

“No, I won’t!” Liz shot to her feet causing the chair to fall hard on the floor behind her.

Max was instantly on his feet pulling Liz into the safe cocoon of his arms.

“It’s ok Liz,” Max murmured softly into her ear so only she would hear. “You need to calm down baby.
Please just calm down. Just take deep breaths. That’s it baby. That’s it.”

Max slowly ran his hand up and down her back. Liz clung to him desperately trying to get her body under
control so that she wouldn’t have the green streaks running up and down her body.

Max turned to the Parkers with Liz still in his arms.

“She’s not going back there,” Max dictated.

“You have no say in this,” Jeff shot back.

“Yes, I do. You have no idea what the people in that school are like. You want to know why Liz ran away
today? Because she was attacked by that sorry excuse for a human Drew who has been harassing her ever since
she started going to that school. The teachers knew about it and wouldn’t even do anything about. If you
won’t protect her from those people then I will.”

“Why you little..” Jeff started only to be cut off by Nancy. “Is that true Liz?” She asked gently.

Liz turned around in Max’s embrace so that she could face her mother.

“Yes,” She replied.

“Why didn’t you tell us?” Nancy asked.

“Would have believed me?” Liz questioned.

“Of course we would have. You’re our child,” Nancy tried to assure her only to be contradicted by Jeff.

“I don’t believe you know. We got a call earlier today from the principal of the school stating that you were
involved in an attack on Drew…you and those two friends of yours. I didn’t believe him at first until
he stated that he had four witnesses.”

“Jeff would you stop. If Liz said that’s what happened then that’s what happened.” Nancy had decided to try
and have a little faith in her child.

“We have a meeting with the principal in the morning so we can tell him Liz’s side of the story then.”

“I’m coming with,” Max commanded. There was no way he was letting Liz go without him.

Liz noticed her father was about to explode so she turned to Nancy.

“Mom, can I speak to you alone please?” Liz asked.

Nancy nodded and followed Liz to the small laundry room off of the kitchen.

“Mom, let him come. I need him there,” Liz pleaded.

“Liz, your father and I will both be there. We won’t let anything happen to you.”

“I know but I just….I can’t explain but I don’t want to face Drew without Max there.”

“Liz, this whole Max thing is getting a little ridiculous.”

“That’s just it Mom, I’m not sure I can be sure that you and Dad will stick up for me. You heard Dad he
thinks I attacked that guy. I just need him for moral support. It’s only four more days of school. He can
help me pack my stuff. I promise that he will sleep on the couch and that we won’t even go off alone. Please
Mom. It will even give you and Dad a chance to get to know Max and then maybe you both will see that he’s
good for me.”

Nancy never could tell her daughter no when she looked up at her with her brown eyes filled with a
mixture of hope and tears.

“Alright he can come but one miss step and you are staying with us in Texas.”

Liz squealed in delight and through her arms around her mother hugging her tightly.

“Thank you, thank your, thank you. I promise we will be on our best behavior.”

“Good, now go and get Max and you two go ask his parents. Let me deal with your father.”

Max’s parents instantly agreed knowing that with Liz’s alien side effects that she was suffering from it would be
better if Max was with Liz as much as possible.

Liz never found out what her mother said to get her father to agree to let Max come with them, but he did
as unhappy as he obviously was about the arrangement.

It was a tired group that stumbled into the Parkers’ home in Texas that night. None of them truly prepared
for what was about to happen the next day.

^^^^^^^^^
Good? Bad? Let me know.
m_groupie
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: Destiny Speaks (M/L. Adult) pt 15, pg. 9, 2/16/08

Post by m_groupie »

khetvgeneral: Saturday, Tuesday they both end in day right? Anyway thanks for getting this back to me so fast.
Bloody Crow: Thanks for reading and the bumps.
keepsmiling: Tanks for reading.
Natelie36: Thanks for reading
XYZ: I’m glad you like the story. Jeff’s attitude is unbelievable but I kind of like him as the bad guy.
Lab6651: Thanks for the feedback I hope you like the next part.
true bohemian: I hope you found “My Way” ok. If not let me know.
MaxLizDreamer: Thank you so much for the positive feedback. I’m glad you like the twists I put on the story.
xmag: So you don’t like my version of Jeff too much. I’m with you but he makes a good “bad guy”. Maybe he will do some soul searching and redeem himself at a later date.
garcia88: I’m glad you like the story. I hope you keep reading.

Pt. 16

It was a tired group of four that trudged down the halls of Winnamen Academy.

When the Parkers returned home late the night before there was a message from Mr. Washburn, the principal
of the school waiting for them. The message wasn’t long but it was more than clear that he was not happy
and that Liz was in a lot of trouble.

Max’s grip tightened on Liz’s hand, as they got closer to Mr. Washburn’s office. When they reached the outer
office a secretary with graying dark hair pulled back into a tight bun gave them an unfriendly smile and
told them to be seated.

Liz sat stiffly between Max and her mother, unsure about what to expect.

Max could feel the nervousness and fear coming off of her in waves. He leaned over and softly whispered in
her ear, “It will be ok, Liz. I won’t let anything happen to you. I promise.”

Liz turned towards him and gave him a grateful smile.

Drew entering the small room soon dispelled the little bit of peace Liz was able to find in Max's sweet
words.

Nothing could have prepared Liz for seeing Drew again. She knew logically this moment would come, but she
just hadn’t let herself think about it.

Now seeing him face to face once again, her fear began to consume her. She could feel his hands touching her
in ways she didn’t want them to. She could feel herself being pushed up against the wall, powerless.

Suddenly it was becoming harder to breath.

Max could feel Liz’s fear build at a rapid rate the moment Drew walked through the door. He had instantly
recognized him from the flashes he received from Liz.

The smug smirk on Drew’s face had Max’s anger boiling over. It took all of the strength he had not to pound
the sorry excuse for a human into a bloody pulp.

He turned to face Liz, focusing all of his attention on her. He squeezed her hand gently bringing her back
from the dark place her mind had taken her.

She turned and focused on Max. She felt her fear draining away to be replaced with strength she didn’t
know she had. Max gave her an encouraging smile and suddenly she knew she could face anything as long as
Max was by her side.

Mr. Washburn a short, round, balding middle aged man stepped out into the room.

He had been the principal of Winnamen Academy for the past 10 years. He knew all of the students by name as
well as most of their parents.

Drew’s parents he knew very well, as their families had been friends for years. Not for a moment did he
believe that Drew’s story could be anything but true. Most of the girls in the school wanted him. Most of
the boys wanted to be him. Except for maybe a few outcasts that were nothing but trouble. The type of
kids that Liz Parker had started to hang around the moment she got to the school. Of course Drew’s parents
donating the money for a new gymnasium had nothing to do with the fact that he was completely on Drew’s
side.

“Good to see that everyone is here,” Mr. Washburn stated. “Why don’t we step into my office so that we
can discus what is going on.”

The Dunhams entered the principal’s office first, quickly followed by the Parkers.

Liz and Max went to follow them in but were stopped by Mr. Washburn’s arm blocking the doorway.

“He cannot come in,” Mr. Washburn commanded looking Max up and down.

“This concerns my daughter and we can have whomever we want come in with us,” Nancy was quick to defend.

She wasn’t completely on board with Max and Liz’s relationship but she was not about to let this pompous
ass tell her want she could and could not do.

“Is he family?” He questioned.

“Well, no..” Nancy began only to be cut off by Mr. Washburn.

“Then he cannot come in. Rules are rules you know. Of course unless you are like your daughter and do
not like to follow the rules.”

“There is no reason to talk to my wife that way,” Jeff defended.

Liz could see a fight brewing and quickly stepped in. “Mom, Dad why don’t we just go in. It’s ok Max can
wait out here for us.”

Jeff and Nancy both nodded to their daughter and then walked into the office preparing themselves for
battle.

Liz turned to Max giving him a weak smile.

Max pulled her into a quick embrace and whispered, “You can do this. If you need me I’ll be right out
here waiting.”

He pulled away and gently pulled the sleeves of her sweater over her hands. He gave her a little smirk,
which she returned.

Liz walked into office and took a deep breath to try and calm her haggard nerves.

The battle lines were clearly drawn.

To her right sat the Dunhams with Drew in between them with a smug smile on his face.

Her parents sat on the left with any empty seat between them.

Mr. Washburn sat behind a grand antique desk looking as if he was foreign dictator rather than the principal
of her school.

Liz took her seat between her parents, her posture stiff waiting for the accusations to begin.

“First of all,” Mr. Washburn began “I would like to thank all of you for coming this morning. I would like
Drew to explain to Mr. and Mrs. Parker what happened yesterday.”

Mr. Washburn turned towards Drew giving him the signal to begin.

“Yesterday there was a basketball game and all of the students had to attend. I saw Liz going in the
opposite direction of the gym so I decided to try and get her attention to see what she was doing. I didn’t
want her to get into trouble.” Drew paused for dramatic effect.

Mrs. Dunham put her arm around her son in comfort. “It’s ok sweetie go on.”

“I saw Liz go into a classroom. I thought that was a little odd. So I followed her in. The next thing I
knew I was getting hit on the back of the head with something. I stumbled. When I turned around Liz came
at me again so I pushed her against the wall trying to get it away from her. At some point we ended up on the
ground. I guess someone else was there and hit me again because I blacked out. When I came to Brittany
and Brook were standing over me. I…”

An irate Liz cut off Drew.

She had sat there silently listening to his twisted version of the “Truth” for long enough.

“That is not what happened and you damn well know it Drew!” Liz shouted. “You attacked me. I was walking
back to the gym and you grabbed me and pulled him into the room. You pushed me up against the wall and you
tried to….he tried to….”

The rest of her words got clogged in her throat.

“Why you little bitch!” Mr. Dunham sneered. “Don’t you dare claim rape just to get yourself out of
trouble. You should be glad that we don’t press assault charges.”

“Now wait one damn minute!” Jeff roared. “Your son attacked my daughter. You’re lucky we don’t press
attempted rape charges.”

“Then why doesn’t she have any marks or bruises on her?” Mr. Dunham shot back.

“Actually Mr. Parker,” The principal broke in, “all of the evidence points to Liz. The room did have evidence
of a disturbance happening. Drew does have a lump on the back of his head as well as a minor concussion.
Liz’s wallet was also found in the classroom. Two students did see Liz run out of the room. They went
into the room and found Drew on the floor.”

“Why would Liz want to attack this boy?” Nancy asked. She could not believe this. Even with the all problems
they had been having with Liz she knew she would never do something like this.

“Drew is a very sought after young man at our school. I have heard from several students that Liz had wanted
him but he turned her down because he is currently seeing a young woman who goes to this school.”

“Now, I know that is a dammed lie,” Jeff argued back. “Liz can barley stand to be away from that boy out
there.” Jeff point to the outer office where Max was waiting.

“Maybe it’s not the boy she can’t stay away from and more to do with what kind of things she can get from
the boy.” Mrs. Dunham joined the heated argument for the first time.

“What exactly are you suggesting?” Nancy asked.

“I think you know what I’m implying. Girls like her only want one thing,” Mrs. Dunham replied.

As the argument had continued on Liz found it harder and harder to take a breath.

She could feel her emotions overpowering her. Her only thought was that she had to get out of there and
fast. She dashed out of the room past the secretary without even stopping.

Max had been waiting impatiently, his eyes glued to the principal’s door for the past few minutes.

It took everything in him not to break down the door when he heard Liz’s raised voice and all the emotions
that came with it. He felt Liz’s emotions getting stronger and stronger until he saw her dash past him
and out into the hall. He instantly sprinted after her.

He caught up to her in the hall and pulled her to him.

“Liz,” He whispered urgently. He could see the green streaks running up and down Liz’s neck and face.

Her eyes were unfocused and he could hear her breathing come out in short gasps.

“Liz,” He whispered a little more loudly followed by a shake of her shoulders. Her eyes finally focused on
him.

“Can’t…Can’t…Breathe,” She stammered out.

Max looked around desperately seeking a way out of the building. He eyes finally landed on a door leading
outside only a short distance away.

He grabbed Liz’s hand and walked quickly to the door not wanting to cause any more of a disturbance. Once
outside he pulled her around the building to a little alcove he found.

He cupped her checks forcing her to look into his eyes. “Liz, baby you need to calm down. Do you hear?
You need to calm down.”

She jerkily nodded her head.

“Good. Now just look into my eyes and let your mind blank out. Just concentrate on my breathing……That’s
it…. Good job baby.”

Slowly her breathing became normal again and she slumped against him. He wrapped his arms around her
tightly, running his hand through her hair soothingly.

What neither of them knew was that Nancy had followed Liz out of the principal’s office and then followed
them both outside.

She was shocked to see the green streaks on her daughter’s neck.

When she finally caught up to the couple outside she wanted to ask a billion questions but was stopped by
the tender way that Max was caring for her daughter.

She still needed answers but they could wait until tonight. She turned back around and went inside to
find Jeff.

Jeff sat in his bedroom just thinking over what happened that morning. He could not believe the
actions of the people at that school. It was uncalled for.

After Liz and Nancy had left the room, Mr. Washburn had informed him that Liz was being suspended from
school for five days. Besides the suspension Liz would be required to write a letter of apology to Drew and
read it in front of the school during the next assembly. She would also be required to pay for the
damages done to the classroom.

Jeff took joy in telling him that Liz could not be suspended from a school she did not go to. He also
informed him that they would be getting the check for the damages shortly.

Jeff was still so angry about what had happened that he could barely see straight.

Suddenly he started to think about how he had been treating Liz the past few months. He still felt he was
justified in most of his actions but he did regret some of things he said to his daughter. He had just
been so scared and angry at the time.

He still wasn’t sure that letting Liz stay with Cora was the best idea but with what had happened at the
academy it seemed to be their only alternative.

He just hoped that Max Evans was as trust worthy as his daughter seemed to think he was.

Liz and Max packed her things in silence. Words did not need to be spoken.

Max had not pressed her to talk about what happened in the office but between the raised voices he heard
and the few flashes he had received from Liz he had a good idea of what had gone on behind those doors.

Once again he wanted nothing more than to go find Drew and kill him. He could do it easily. What good were
alien powers if you could not use them to protect the ones you love?

Nancy stood outside of Liz’s bedroom watching the two of them work. It was a rather amazing thing to watch.
The two moved as one. Passing newspaper or packing tape without even speaking. As if they were so in tune
with one another they just knew what the other person needed.

She had been standing there trying to get the courage to speak to Liz about the green streaks she had seen on
her earlier. The streaks were definitely not of this earth and she wanted to know what was going on.

Max had to be involved because he did not even blink when he saw them.

Taking a deep breath Nancy walked into the room. She quietly shut the door behind her not wanting Jeff to
hear the conversation. He had enough to deal with at the moment.

“Liz?.” Nancy asked.

“Yeah, Mom.” Liz stopped what she was doing and turned to her mother.

“There was something that I wanted to speak with you about,” Nancy stated hoping that her own voice sounded
steadier to them than it did to her. “I think Max may know about it so I would like him to stay also.” Nancy
realized that she was stalling. She just couldn’t get the words out. How do you ask your daughter about
something like this?

“Sure, Mrs. Parker,” Max responded. He was beginning to feel nervous.

Nancy turned making sure that she had closed Liz’s bedroom door.

Liz shifted closer to Max and gripped his hand holding on for dear life. She didn’t know what her mother was
going to say but it could not be good.

“Um… Today when you ran out of the office I followed you because you seemed really upset.” Nancy paused and
took a deep breath trying to get herself together in order to continue. “In the hall you had these green
streaks running up and down your neck and face. When Max touched you it slowly went away. And then by the
time I found you outside it was gone.”

Liz didn’t know what to say or do. She could tell that her mother felt extremely confused and she had every
right.

She just didn’t know what to say or do. How could they get out of this with out revealing the truth?

“The green streaks on Liz are because of me. Because I’m different.”

Nancy confused eyes slowly left her daughter and turned to Max.

“Max,” Liz pleaded as she gripped his hand tighter. “You don’t have to…”

Max cut her off. “Yes, I do Liz. If we are going to have the future that we want to have they are going to
have to find out sometime.”

“But what about…” Liz was once again cut off by Max but this time by his finger gently resting on her
lips.

“It doesn’t matter Liz. She needs to know.”

Slowly Liz nodded her head giving him her consent to continue.

“Mrs. Parker, you may want to sit down for this because it’s going to take a while.”

Nancy gingerly took a seat on the edge of Liz’s bed.

“I was in the 1947 crash.”

Nancy opened her mouth to object but Max stopped her.

“I know it’s hard to believe but it’s true. Isabel, Michael and I were in these pods until 1989 when we
came out looking like 6 year olds. Michael ran away when he saw the headlights of my parents’ car. That’s
why when we first came to live with my parents we could not speak or do anything a normal 6 year old
would do. We did end up finding Michael at school because we could feel that he was like us. We were all
sent here because there was a war on my planet. We were never supposed to go back just to protect some
important things from our enemies. Which we have been doing. Finding out who were and fighting our
enemies would account for all the times that Liz came home late or skipped school or well a lot of things.”

Max paused to see how she was taking the news.

Nancy did not know why but for some reason she believed him. It would explain so much.

“How did Liz get involved?” Nancy asked.

“He healed me, that day at the Crash when the gun went off,” Liz explained.

“You see Mrs. Parker I have been in love with Liz since I first saw her in third grade. I tried to stay
away from her because of what I am. I didn’t want to hurt her, but that day in September changed
everything. The gun went off and everyone went to the floor. When the men ran out of the café everyone got
up but Liz. So I healed her.”

“How?” Was the only question she could come up with at the moment?

“I manipulated her molecular structure.” Max picked up a book from Liz’s desk and turned it into a piece of
paper and then returned it back to its original structure.

Liz decided it was time to cut in. “Don’t you see mom. He risked everything to save me. The sheriff became
suspicious of him and the FBI sent alien hunters to find him all because he loved me.”

“Who else knows this?”

“Maria,” Liz began, “Because I told her. Then Alex found out because he was getting suspicious. We had to
use his blood instead of Max’s when we got into the accident in 10th grade. Max’s blood is different.
Everything else about him is human.”

Max continued were Liz left off. “When the FBI was in town Kyle got shot so I had to heal him so he knows.
The sheriff knows also. Just recently my parents found out.”

“They didn’t know?” Nancy asked shocked.

“We didn’t tell anyone. It is a matter of survival.”

“Are there others?”

“Yes,” Max stated. “Tess and her father were. Paul and his daughter are also.”

“That’s why we got caught snooping around his home.” Liz explained.

“We suspected that he was an alien and we needed to know if he was good or bad. He's one of the good guys
by the way. He’s Max, Michael and Isabel’s protector, sent to earth with them to watch out for them.”

There had to be so much more to this story Nancy was sure however all she really wanted answered
was the most important question.

“Is Liz in danger because of who you are?”

Max’s eyes filled with guilt as he hung his head. “Yes,” He whispered.

“No, mom that’s not true. I mean it is true but I chose to be with Max knowing the danger. It wouldn’t
matter if I’m with him or not I would still be a target because he loves me and I love him. I’m safest
with Max because he can protect me. He has the powers to protect me.”

“Powers?” Nancy stuttered. She hadn't let herself think about Max healing Liz only that her little girl was
ok.

“Yes, powers,” Liz answered. “He can heal and he has a shield. Because he is ‘king’ he has two very strong
powers while the others only have one main power.”

“How is it that you have the green streaks on your body? Is that one of Max’s powers?” Nancy was beginning to
get scared now.

“No, mom. It happens because he chose me as his mate, his wife. He didn’t mean to but when he healed me he
was claiming me as his. I’m changing so that I will be compatible to him. I get the streaks because I have
not learned to control the power yet. When I get really upset the power or energy looks for an outlet.”

“Will it hurt you?”

“No,” Liz answered. “Not as long as I’m with Max. When he touches me the streaks go away. It’s like he can
channel the power. Since the changes have started to happen in me we have realized that I begin to suffer
when I’m away from Max. I feel sick, I run fevers, and I get tired. Paul doesn’t think that I should be away
from Max. He thinks it may harm me if I am until I can get it under control.”

“I know this is all really hard to believe, Mrs. Parker but it’s true.”

“Please Mom you can’t say anything to anybody. You don’t know what will happen if you do. They would take
all of them and lock them in some room to do experiments on. They would take me too because I’m part of it.
Please mom.”

Nancy took a deep breath. “I won’t say anything. I just need time to process it all. I won’t say anything
to your father. This is the last thing he needs to hear right now.”

She gave them a weak smile. “Someday we will have to tell him. We don’t want him to have a heart attack when
the grandchildren start to levitate their toys.”

Max gave a nervous chuckle. The fact that she was joking with them had to be a good thing right?

Nancy stood up to leave the room, but stopped by Max and placed her hand on his shoulder.

“Don’t worry Max, I would much rather have my daughter with an alien who loves her than with a
criminal trying to corrupt her.”

Nancy still had several questions that needed to be asked, but they could wait. She had enough to think
about already.

She wasn’t sure if she liked the whole idea of aliens on earth or if she felt safe with them around her.
But, Liz obviously trusted Max very much and it was high time that she started to trust her daughter.

^^^^^^
TBC? I promise to try and get better about posting.
m_groupie
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: Destiny Speaks (M/L. Adult) AN, pg. 12, 6/20/08

Post by m_groupie »

AN: Ok, so it took me longer to post it then I thought it would but here it is. I hope you haven't forgotten the story. I'm going to try and make a new part every month from now on. Thanks for the feedback and the bumps. It means a lot to me.

Pt: 17

Max had never been so glad to see the “Welcome to Roswell ” sign in his life.

The past few days he had spent at the Parkers had been more than a little awkward.

Mr. Parker had tried to avoid him at all cost. He spent most of his time in his study claiming that he was making the necessary calls for Liz to go back to Roswell .

Mrs. Parker did not seem to know what to say to him after his confession about being an alien. She seemed to accept the whole concept that they were not alone in the universe fairly well, but she avoided direct eye contact with him or being left alone in a room with him. Max hoped once she got use to the idea things would get better.

He knew that Mrs. Parker had called his mother about his alieness because his mother called him before she would talk to Nancy about it. He hoped that by talking to his mother it would help her accept that aliens were living among her.

He needed her to accept it, to accept him so that he and Liz could be together without anymore complications.

Max looked across the seat at Liz who had fallen asleep a few hours ago, her hand still clinging to his with her head on his shoulder.

He knew she needed the rest; she hadn’t been sleeping well the last few nights.

She would often wake up screaming hysterically begging Drew to stop.

Max’s blood had run cold the first time he heard her scream like that. He dashed up the stairs to Liz’s room beating Nancy and Jeff by a few seconds.

What he found in the room broke his heart. Liz’s hair was in disarray, her eyes wild and unfocused, and her cheeks were wet from her tears. Her body covered in sweat with her sheets tangled around her legs. The second Max sat down on the side of her bed Liz flung herself at Max refusing to let go.

Nancy had tried to talk to her daughter and find out what was wrong but Liz would not respond. Nancy had placed her hand on Liz’s shoulder in comfort but Liz whimpered and pulled away attempting to pull herself closer to Max.

Max had pulled Liz closer and whispered comforting words to her. His eyes darted between Nancy and Jeff to see if they were going to push the issue.

Nancy had sat stunned for a few moments before she reluctantly got up from the bed and pulled Jeff from the room.

Jeff and Nancy were even more worried about letting Liz go back to Roswell after that night. They had a few heated discussions about making Liz stay and getting her counseling but in the end they decided sending Liz back to Roswell , back to what was normal for her would be best.

The flashing neon sign of the CrashDown alerted Max to the fact that they had reached their destination.

“Liz.” Max whispered gently shaking her. “Liz, you have to get up. We’re home.”

“Home?” Liz questioned wiping the sleep from her eyes.

“Yeah, home.”

Liz smiled up at him moving to sit properly in her seat. It felt good to be back were she belonged.

Liz smiled as she let the warm water wash over her body the next morning.

It felt good. No better than good, great to be back in Roswell , in her room with her things.

Her friends had all been waiting at the CrashDown to welcome her home. She had gotten tight hugs from Isabel, Alex and Maria, a grunted hello from Michael, a shy nod and welcome back from Sarah and a sarcastic remark from Kyle.

It had felt good to see them all again, but mostly she just wanted to go up to her room and go back to sleep. After about an hour she convinced everyone to go home and she was able to retreat to her room.

She had made it through the night without any nightmares which had more to do with a certain alien sneaking in to her room that night to watch over her than the fact that she was back in Roswell .

She got changed quickly ready to face the day and what would lie ahead.

“Good morning everyone,” Liz greeted her mother and father as she came into the kitchen for breakfast. “Where’s Cora?”

“Helping out with the morning rush.” Her mother smiled but it quickly faded from her face. “Liz there is something we wanted to talk to you about this morning.”

Liz’s heart began to pound at the tone of her mother’s voice. They couldn’t have changed their minds about her staying could they? Did they see Max in her room last night? Where they once again going to refuse to let her see him?

“Liz please sit down.” Jeff said to his daughter.

Liz gingerly sat at the edge of her seat preparing for the worst.

“Your father and I have been talking,” Nancy began. “And we think it would be a good idea for you to go to counseling.”

“You think I’m crazy.” Liz exclaimed more than slightly offended.

“No, Liz that’s not what we were saying. We just think it would be a good idea after everything that has happened to you.”

“You mean with what happened with Drew.”

“Yes,” Her mother agreed.

“Liz,” Jeff tried to reason. “The past few nights you have been waking up screaming. It’s not normal. We just want you to get help now so that it won’t become an issue for you in the future.”

“I was fine last night wasn’t I?” Liz argued back.

“Yes, but that does not mean that you still don’t need help.” Nancy stated.

“Look, why don’t you just try it for a few weeks. If you don’t like it then you don’t have to do it.”

Jeff had a double reason to try and get Liz into counseling. He wanted her to get help with what happened to her. That was most important, but he also hoped that the counselor could get her to stop seeing Max. That the counselor would help Liz see how bad he was for her.

He had to admit that Max was there for Liz the past few days but he could not believe that he was that wrong about Max’s character. No, Max was a bad seed he just knew it.

Liz knew she shouldn’t push her parents. She knew they did not completely agree with letting her stay in Roswell and could take her back to Texas at anytime.

“Fine, I’ll go. But only for a few weeks.”

“Great, I know of this really nice counselor in town who deals with teens and this kind of trauma. I’ll call and set up an appointment for you.”

“Ok, I’m going to call Maria and Alex.”

“That’s fine. Just make sure that you are back here by five for dinner. Your father and I would like to see you before we leave.”

“How you holding up sweetie?” Maria asked Liz as they were sprawled out on her bed later that morning.

“I don’t know. I feel kind of suffocated right now with all of my parents’ attention.” Liz sighed. “They want me to see a counselor about what happened.”

“Well, maybe it will help.”

“Maybe, but over half the stuff that goes on in my life I can’t talk about. What if she does something freaky like hypnosis to me and I say something that I shouldn’t.”

“Liz, she won’t be able to do that without your permission.”

“I know I just don’t like talking to a stranger about my problems.” Liz smiled over at Maria. “That’s why I have you and Alex.”

“So, how does Max feel about the whole shrink thing?”

“He doesn’t know yet. I haven’t seen him since he snuck out of my room early this morning.”

“Snuck out of your room?” Maria questioned with raised eyebrows.

“Yes, snuck out of my room. He was there to make sure I didn’t have any nightmares.”

“And did you?”

“No, I was nightmare free.”

“Good.” Maria paused. “I’m so glade you’re back Lizzie.”

“Me too, Maria. Me too.”

“So what are you going to do about it?” Michael asked as he stood in front of Max who was stuffing the guts from an alien back into its body at the UFO center.

“Do about what?” Max questioned slightly irritated.

He didn’t have time to deal with this. He was tried, cranky and hadn’t seen Liz since that morning when he left her room. He hadn’t wanted to come into work but knew he had missed too much time already and he really needed this job.

“About Drew? We can’t just let him get away with this.” Michael argued.

“Michael, I want revenge more so than anyone but I also know that right now there is nothing we can do. We can’t risk getting caught. Liz is away from him now that is all that really matters.” Max tried to reason.

Part of him wanted nothing more than to beat the crap out of Drew, but he also knew that he could not risk it. If something happened to Drew he would be the logical suspect for the police. They didn’t need to give anyone a reason to look into their past.

“So, that’s it. He’s just going to get away with it.”

Max didn’t respond.

“You know if it was Maria nothing would stop me from going over there and kicking the shit out of him.”

“Michael, please.”

“Fine, we sit on our asses and do nothing. Just like always. You know where to find me when you grow some balls.”

Liz sat in her room running a brush through her hair.

Her parents had left for Texas an hour ago. She hadn’t expected it would be so hard to watch them go. It would be strange to come home to the CrashDown from school without one of her parents there to greet her.

“How you holding up baby girl?” Cora asked causing Liz to jump.

Liz turned around to face her aunt. “Good, I’m glad to be home.”

Cora sat down on the bed staring at Liz’s back as she continued to brush her hair.

“I was thinking,” Cora began, “about putting an alarm on the window that goes out to your balcony.”

Liz felt a momentary sense of panic wondering if her aunt knew about Max’s frequent trips to her room.

“Well, I thought you might feel safer that way.” Cora explained.

Liz inwardly sighed. “No, I’m fine.”

“Are you sure? Because this morning when I went out for my run I saw a tall, dark haired male climbing down your fire escape.”

Liz’s stomach dropped. She slowly turned around to face her aunt wondering what her fate would be.

Cora smiled. “I just wanted you to know that I know.”

Liz nodded her head not sure what to say.

“As your temporary guardian I have to report back to your parents about any behavior or rule breaking I see or hear. Because of recent events I will let this one slide.”

“Thanks.” Liz murmured.

“Well, I’m going to head to bed around ten so that I can get up around five to go for my run.” Cora winked at her. “Goodnight.”

Liz had to smile. She knew there was a reason she loved her aunt.

“Goodnight, Aunt Cora.”

“My parents want me to go to counseling.” Liz whispered later that night as she was curled up next to Max on her bed, the moonlight casting shapeless shadows on the walls.

Max waited to respond knowing Liz wasn’t finished.

“I’m not sure if I want to go.”

“Why not?”

“Well you went to counseling the beginning of our junior year. Did it help you?”

“No, but that was because all of the trauma in my case had to deal with my alien half. Yours doesn’t.”

“So you think I’m crazy to.” Liz couldn’t help the pout that was formed from her words.

“No, I don’t think you’re crazy but I also know how hard it is to deal with something like this. I’m still not completely over what happened in the white room. There are times when a smell or a sound will remind me of that place. It takes all of my will power not to panic. I still have nightmares about it but not as frequently and they aren’t as bad.” Max paused.

Liz didn’t want to move or breathe. She knew Max needed to get this out.
It was something he never shared with anyone and she was honored that he was sharing this part of himself with her.

“It would have been nice to talk to a counselor about it. I think it would have helped me heal much faster, but my experience was alien related. I did not have the option of talking to someone about it. You do. Liz, if it is something you really don’t want to do then I will support you in that, but I think you should at least try it. You have had enough trauma with things that you can’t talk about to a professional so why not get help for the only thing that you can.”

“Will you go with me?" At Max’s confused look she clarified. “For the first time I go see the therapist will you go with me?”

“I wouldn’t be anywhere else.” Max gently kissed the top of her head. “Now go to sleep.”

“Alright Lizzie let’s go.” Maria’s bright and cheery voice called out as she opened her friend’s door.

Liz peeked out of one eye at her life long friend. “Go away Maria.”

Maria went over to Liz’s window and pulled the dark curtains back letting in the bright morning sun. Liz didn’t move from her position.

“You need to get up.” Maria insisted.

“No, you need to go away and I need to sleep.” Liz mumbled and pulled her extra pillow over her head.

“Come on, we are going shopping. Isabel will be here any minute. You know what she is like this time of year.” Maria pulled the pillow off of Liz’s face. “Do you want me to sic the Christmas Nazi on you?”

Liz slowly sat up trying to wipe the sleep from her eyes. “What are we shopping for? I already got everyone’s Christmas presents.”

“Not presents, Liz. We’re going shopping for a dress for the party.” Liz looked at her friend confused.

“Max didn’t tell you?”

“Well with everything going on he probably forgot.” Liz explained. Maria looked at Liz slightly ashamed. “You’re right. I’m sorry.”

“It’s ok. So about this party?”

“Right, Mr. Evans is having a Christmas party for his law firm and we are all going.”

“What are you still doing in bed?” Isabel asked the moment she walked into the room.

“I don’t have all day to wait on you, you know. I have the Christmas pageant at 4 and then the homeless shelter at 6. ”

“Well, if I had been informed of these plans before hand I might have been ready on time.”

Isabel turned towards Maria. “You didn’t tell her.”

Maria shrugged. “So, I forgot.”

“I give you one simple thing to do and….”

Liz cut her off. “Look both of you go down to the Crash and get a drink or something. I’ll be done in a minute.”

“Well, be quick about it. We only have,” Isabel looked down at her watch. “Seven hours to shop.”

“Right.” Liz nodded and shut the door behind the two blonds.

“What about this one?” Maria held up a dress for Liz to inspect.

Liz shook her head and filtered through another rack of dresses. It was vary frustrating shopping with two women who had two very different styles. After about five hours and 20 stores later Isabel and Maria had both found a dress, but she hadn’t. Liz had been too busy playing referee about what dress looked good that she had yet to find one that she liked that Isabel would let her wear. The Christmas Nazi began to rear her ugly head insisting that the dress had to be perfect because the party had to be perfect even though it was not her party.

Liz was tempted to just give Isabel money to find her dress if she did not like any of Liz’s choices but she knew that would not go over well.

“Come on let’s go.” Isabel suggested. “We aren’t finding anything in here.”

Liz and Maria moved to followed her out the door when something red caught Liz’s attention.

She moved over to it and pulled it out of the rack. It was a darker red with crisscrossed spaghetti straps and made out of a silk material.

“What about this?” Liz asked.

“Ohh, Liz that’s pretty.” Maria commented.

“It’s not perfect but I guess it will have to do. I need to get back anyways to make sure Max followed my diagram for the tree.”

Maria rolled her eyes at Liz who tried to stifle a laugh.

“Well, what are you waiting for, go try it on.” Isabel insisted.

“Hail the Christmas Nazi.” Liz whispered to Maria.

Once Liz had tried on the dress she fell even more in love with it. It was sexy without being sluttish and it felt wonderful against her skin. It was a little more expensive than what she would have liked but she figured that the look on Max’s face would be worth it.

“Maxwell, would you just pick a damn tree.” Michael asked frustrated. “I’m freezing my ass off.”

“It has to meet certain specifications.” Max said absent mindedly as he focused on the diagram Isabel had drawn out for him.

“Why don’t you just buy one and ‘fix it’ to her specifications?” Michael asked.

“I tried that once and she knew I did it. Besides why do you think he is here?” Max pointed back at Alex.

“Hey, dude I’m just here for some male bonding. Too much estrogen is not good for my manliness.”

“Right.” Michael said sarcastically. “Like everything we say doesn’t get reported back to Isabel.”

“I’m my own person. Isabel does not tell me what to do.”

Max and Michael both shot him disbelieving looks.

“Ok, so most of the time I do what she tells me to, but you don’t know what it’s like to have a girlfriend that can do odd, “not of this world” things to you. Don’t get me wrong I love the girl but she can be scary. Especially this time of year. She has already taken me shopping to show me exactly what I will be buying her for Christmas.”

“Wimp.” Michael fake coughed.

“What? Like you don’t live in fear of what Maria will do to you if you don’t get her the perfect present.”

“I already got Maria the perfect present.” Michael shot back.

“Really? What is it?” Alex asked.

“A bumper.” Michael replied with confidence.

“A bumper?” Max and Alex said in unison.

“Yes, a bumper. What’s wrong with that? She said the present had to be meaningful and some other fluffy crap. This will be meaningful because I’m fixing the bumper myself.”

“Well, it’s a step up from last year.” Max stated. “The electric toothbrush was really not one of your better ideas.”

Alex patted Michael on the back. “Maybe you should ask Isabel for help.”

TBC?
Good? Bad? Board with it yet? Let me know.