Destiny Speaks (M/L. Adult) Pt. 17, 7/21/08 [WIP]

This is the place where fics that have not been updated in the past three months will be moved until the author asks a mod to move them back to an active board.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, truelovepooh, Forum Moderators

m_groupie
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Destiny Speaks (M/L. Adult) Pt. 17, 7/21/08 [WIP]

Post by m_groupie »

Title: Destiny Speaks

Author: Anya aka m_groupie

Rating: Adult

Disclaimer: I don’t own them. I also don’t own the title. I got it from a line from JAG although I can’t remember who said or what episode it was said in. The line was “Destiny speaks through the choices you make.” I love that line and I thought it fit so I decided to use it. Brownie points for anyone who could tell me what episode and who said it.

Summary: This is the sequel to my story My Way, so you might want to read that first. This picks up a few months after the other one ended. Basically I’m going to answer some of the stuff that was open ended in the last story and bring in things that happened in the real season three but totally mess with them.

AN: A big thanks to thetvgeneral for editing this thing for me.

Destiny Speaks Ch. 1

Max and Liz laid content on her bed after making love. They faced each other as they laid on their sides. Max’s fingers ran up and down Liz’s arm lazily.

They knew this was the last time they may get to be like this for a while. School started the next day and Liz’s parents were do back from Nancy ’s latest business trip in a few hours. Liz loved being like this with him, they hadn’t had enough of just being together without everyone else. The past few months had been too chaotic for that.

The morning after Liz had been rescued, they had all decided to try and find the new alien. It was imperative to find out if he was friend or foe.

By mid afternoon a tentative plan had been in place and Liz knew it was time for her to go home, even though Max objected quit vocally. It was only after her assurance that she would call him as soon as she got home plus a sad and desperate kiss did he allow her to leave his side.

Maria had of course pounced the minute she and Liz were alone. She had sensed a difference between the two and she wanted to know what it was.
After much nagging and begging from Maria, Liz relented and told her that she and Max were no longer virgins.

Maria had wanted details, but the only thing Liz would say was that it was wonderful. She had sworn Maria to secrecy, but it didn’t last long.
Maria was busting at the seams about the news and after a week of keeping it to herself she told Alex.

Isabel had been dying to know what had changed between the two after seeing her brother’s behavior and after seeing Alex’s she knew that he knew. Alex, never being able to tell Isabel no had eventually let the cat out of the bag.

Isabel had made some comment about it to Max in Michael’s presence and so the last of the group of six found out that human alien "relations" could work and were relatively normal.

Liz wasn’t sure if her parents truly bought the story about her being with Maria, but they didn’t say anything.

She did however notice that they kept a more watchful eye on her. They began to ask more questions about where she was going, who she would be with and when she would get home. They also dropped little hints to her about how she didn’t need to be so serious with one boy that there was plenty of time for that.

She and Max had tried to cut back on the PDA’s in hopes that it would blow over. And the Parkers had seemed to loosen up a little.

The Evans’ house had become a safe haven for the teens. They could talk openly and relax without worry of people hearing them.

The couples had even become more openly affectionate with each other in the Evans presence. The Evans knew these weren’t normal relationships and there for shouldn’t be treated as such.

The plan to find the other alien had failed. They had come up with nothing.

No one had seen anyone from out of town other then the normal nut jobs that came looking for aliens.

Jim helped them whenever he could but he was limited if he did not want to raise suspension.

The Evans’ house became like their head quarters for the search. It was bigger than Michael’s place and smelled better according to Maria.

The group was giving Kyle space. He had taken the truth about Tess hard. She was like his sister and no matter what she had done he was upset that she was gone.

Jim had told the school and anyone that bothered to ask that she had gone to live with her father again. Thankfully no one questioned it.

Over the summer all of the couples seemed to grow closer together and even closer as a group.

The search of the alien had lead to more lying to parents and farther alienation (no pun intended) from their other friends, although the little group didn’t seem to mind.

They would often do things all together or even apart. It was no longer aliens versus humans, or even just couples. They had become one unit.
Max had come to sleeping on Liz’s balcony. He couldn’t get over his fear after what happened. It took Liz about a week to realize he was out there because he usually came after she was asleep.

Although they had had a connection since the shooting, making love had seemed to heighten it. They could now feel each others presence even if the other was not near by. They could feel the person coming closer. If they were touching, they could even feel certain emotions from the other person.

Liz had discovered that Max was staying on her balcony when he accidentally woke her up from one of her nightmares. She had been having them about what had gone on with Tess, but just as the dream seemed to take a deadly turn she would feel a since of peace come over her. She hadn’t realized it was Max’s presence that was the calm until she woke up with him gently stroking her hair and whispering soothing words.

She found out that he had been keeping watch over her from her balcony, because although he knew Tess was dead he couldn’t get over his fear that something might happen to her.

She had tried to argue, but she knew it was useless and so she had started to leave a blanket and pillow outside for him. She had contemplated letting him sleep in her bed, but on the off chance that her parents would walk in and see, she didn’t want to risk it.

Luckily about two and half weeks after her abduction Liz’s nightmares stopped.

Max had kept up his vigil until his parents caught him sneaking in one morning. He told them where he had been and why.

Although his parents had understood and had been very open to the fact that these teens were not in normal relationships they had to draw the line at their son spending the night with his girlfriend as innocent as it maybe. Max hadn’t been punished, but the nightly visits had been stopped.

"What were you thinking about?" Max questioned as his arm once again made its path down her arm.

"You, me, the past few months."

Max just nodded his head and continued his gentle caresses.

"Marry me." Max seemed to say out of nowhere.

"What?" Liz asked astonished, but then recovered. "Is that a proposal?"

"No, but just promise me that someday in the near future you will be mine."

Liz was about to object that she was already his, but he saw it coming.

"Legally, Liz. I mean legally mine."

"I promise that someday in the near future you will be mine and I will be yours. Forever."

He leaned over and claimed her lips.

Liz pulled away from the kiss, as much as she wanted to continue she knew they shouldn’t.

"You should go." She said.

"I know." He replied back although he didn’t move.

"I’ll call you tonight and I’ll see you in school tomorrow." She said trying to sound positive but failing.

It was stupid to feel this way. They both knew it. It’s not like they wouldn’t see one another soon, but they couldn’t help it. Each time they had to leave the other it felt as if part of them was missing.

They couldn’t really explain it or even understand it but it was their none the less. The other four of the group had taken great joy in this fact and loved to tease the two lovers without mercy about it.

Max kissed her again unable to resist her tempting lips. Before it could get out of hand, he pulled away.

"I have to go. I’ll call you tonight." Max said as he started to get dressed.
Liz pulled the sheet up to cover herself and then leaned over his shoulder as he tied his shoes.

"I love you." She whispered.

He sat up straight and turned slightly. "I love you, too."

He gave her one last kiss and then was gone.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
TBC?

I want to know what you all think so please please leave feedback. Please.
Last edited by m_groupie on Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:07 pm, edited 23 times in total.
m_groupie
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Pt. 2

Post by m_groupie »

Thanks for the feedback guys.
Here is the next part. I hope you all enjoy

Pt. 2

Alex was the last to join the group at their normal lunch table.

"So how has everyone’s day been going?" He asked.

His question was met with a round of unhappy replies.

"That good?"

"Liz and I only have three classes together." Max complained.

"Oh, only three? How sad." Michael said sarcastically.

"It’s not that. It’s this new kid. I don’t like how he keeps looking at Liz." Max argued.

"Max, I told you it’s no big deal. Besides I only have one class with him that you’re not in and Isabel is in it. So don’t worry."

"We still have two classes." Max argued.

"But one of them is with you and the other one is an art class that I doubt he will be in."

"Wait, are you talking about that kid in our world history class?" Isabel asked.

"Yes, his name is Peter I think." Liz replied.

"Come to think of it he did stare at you a lot during class." Isabel said.

Liz’s response was a glare in her direction. The last thing she needed was Max to get
overprotective.

"This Peter guy wouldn’t be about say 6 feet tall, with blond hair and blue eyes, and looks like a younger but not quite as attractive version of Brad Pitt?" Maria asked.

"Yes, why?" Liz responded.

"Because he is headed this way."

As Peter walked closer to the table Max wrapped a protective arm around Liz and pulled her closer to him clearly marking his territory. Michael and Alex made similar actions towards their girls.

"Hey, guys, I’m Peter Demarco. Do you mind if I sit with you? I don’t really know anyone and..." He left the question open ended.

"No." Michael gruffly replied.

Maria elbowed him.

"Ok, uh sorry." Peter muttered.

Maria interrupted. "Sorry about him. He’s a jerk. Of course you can eat with us."

"Are you sure?" Peter asked.

"Of course." Isabel replied, beginning to understand what Maria was trying to do.

"Ok, well thanks." He said.

Maria made a quick round of introductions.

"It’s nice to meet you all." Peter said.

"So, where are you from?" Maria asked.

"From everywhere. My parents moved around a lot. I was home schooled most of the time. I don’t know how long I’m going to be staying here."

"Have a girlfriend?" Max asked.

Peter smirked. "No, I don’t."

"You a senior?" Michael asked.

"Yes."

"What do your parents do for a living?" Max asked.

"My dad’s a contractor for the government. My mom stays at home."

The group tried not to show a reaction to that statement but anytime the government was mentioned it put them on edge.

"Have any brothers or sisters?" Michael asked.

"Ah, nope just me."

"How old are you?" Max asked.

"17."

"Guys, would you give the guy a break. Stop interrogating him." Maria glared at the two boys and then turned to Peter, "Sorry about that. They can become...um territorial at times."

"It’s ok. If I had girlfriends as beautiful as they do I would be too."

Maria just smiled and continued the conversation. Peter finished his lunch and then left the table. As soon as he was out of earshot Michael laid into Maria and Isabel.

"What were the two of you thinking inviting him over like that? How do you know he’s not dangerous."

"If he is a threat we should learn more about him and it would be easier to do that by keeping him close. Haven’t you ever heard the saying about friends and enemies." Maria defended.

"Yeah, well we let Tess get close and look what happened." Was his reply.

Max and Liz immediately tensed.

"Sorry." Michael apologized.

"It’s ok Michael. Maria’s right. We should try and keep an eye on him. For all we know he could be the other alien. So we watch him and even talk to him but no one should be alone with him until we know what is going on." Max said.

Just then the bell rang and they split up for class.

Max and Liz took their seats at a lab table for their AP Biology class. A new girl about 5'5 that had blonde hair and green eyes walked into the classroom.

Liz noticed her first. There was something familiar about her she just didn’t know what. And then it hit her. Liz nudged Max’s arm.

"What?" He asked.

"You recognize that girl?" Liz asked as she darted her eyes in the girl’s direction.

"Maybe, why?"

"She’s the girl that came in with Paul Dupree."

"Ok, we have to tell the others."

The teacher walked in and class began. When the teacher took attendance they realized that Liz was definitely right, the Dupree’s had moved to town.

"You’re late." Liz’s father’s voice boomed as she rushed into the apartment to change for her shift.

"I know. I’m sorry."

"Go change. But next time don’t have Maria try and cover for you."

"Ok, daddy. Sorry."

After their Biology class Max and Liz had decided to follow Sarah Dupree. They now knew
where her locker was, what kind of car she drove and where she lived. Unfortunately she lived further away then they had suspected and it made Liz 15 minutes late for work.

"Sorry, I’m late." Liz told Maria as she made it through the swinging doors to the café.

"It’s ok. I’m sure it’s hard to look at your watch when Max’s tongue is down your throat." Maria said with an evil grin. "Or were the two of you doing more than discovering what the other had for lunch?"

"Maria!" Liz tried to hide the blush that crept up her cheeks.

"What? It’s true. I told your dad that a teacher held you late and.....”

Liz cut her off, "I know but he didn’t buy it. But thanks for trying. On break I really need to talk to you and Michael about something."

"Right." Maria replied.

Max came home and searched the refrigerator for something to drink.

He didn’t have to work for the next two weeks. Brody went on some alien thing and decided to close up the museum although Max would still get paid.

Max heard the front door open up and his sister laughing, which meant that Alex was most likely with her.

"Hey, Max." Alex said as he walked into the kitchen.

"Hey, I’m glad you’re both here something happened."

"Is this about Sarah Dupree?" Isabel asked.

"Yeah, how did you know about her."

"I had her in two of my classes today." Alex explained. "I was going to say something at lunch but then the new kid came. I told Isabel on the way here."

"She was in my AP Biology class. Liz and I followed her home."

"You did what?!" Isabel exclaimed.

"Don’t worry Is she didn’t see us. We just thought before anything weird happened that it might be a good thing to know."

"You know had you been caught it would make her suspicious of us."

"But, we didn’t. It’s fine. Can the two of you come to the Crash Down at closing? We need to talk about everything."

"Yeah, we’ll be there." Alex answered.

"Don’t be to late Lizzie. It’s a school night." Were Jeff’s parting words to his daughter as he climbed the stairs to the apartment.

Making sure the door to upstairs was closed Liz went to join her friends in the front of the café.

"Ok," Max started. "First let’s talk about the fact that the Duprees’s have come to town and what that might mean."

Michael was the first to speak, "I don’t like it. Why move here all of a sudden? If I were him I wouldn’t want to be any where near this place."

"I agree, especially after the way Mr. Dupree was looking at Liz when he was here before." Max added.

"Did any of you get any feelings from Sarah Dupree today like you did her father?" Alex asked.

All three aliens shook their heads no.

"Valenti did say that before his wife went missing he was going to build apartments here so maybe now that he has some closure he has decided to go ahead with the plan." Maria said trying to be helpful.

She really didn’t want her senior year dominated by the alien abyss and if the Dupree’s were linked to all this then her year would be far from normal.

"Yeah, sure Maria all men want to move to the place that their wife was kidnapped and then killed. Those memories would be just some much fun to relive." Michael argued sarcastically.

"I’m just saying that.." Maria tried to argue back but was interrupted by Max who could quickly see the situation turning into an argument between the two.

"That may be the case but as of right now I think we should be wary of them."

"We know where they live now so we could watch them. See if anything...um weird happens." Alex suggested.

"I think we should have Valenti look into it for us." Isabel said. "It would look less odd to have the Sheriff talking to him and asking questions than a bunch of teenagers."

"That’s a good idea. I’ll talk to the Sheriff and see what he can find out." Max began. "I think we should wait and see how the Dupree’s act before we stake out the house. Is everyone agreed?"

He received around of nods.

"What are we going to do about this Peter kid?" Max asked.

"I think he’s trouble." Michael was once again the first to speak up.

"Of course you do." Maria muttered.

"Hey," Michael defended. "You saw the way he was looking at Liz. It wasn’t normal."

"He could just like her." Alex said.

"He could be the alien that um....help us with Tess." Isabel suggested. "He may not look the same because he is a shape shifter. The destiny book did say something about another protector, maybe he’s the one."

"But, then why would he be staring at me?" Liz asked. "Unless he gets some kind of weird vibe from me because Max healed me. Ava did say that I was changed, so maybe he can sense it
somehow."

"We need more information about this guy." Michael said.

"Isabel do you think you could get information on both Sarah Dupree and this Peter person from the student records?" Max asked.

"Um, maybe." She replied.

"I’ll help." Alex offered. "We can do it in the morning. If we get their early enough it will only be Mrs. Franks and she loves me. I can distract her for you."

"Alex and Isabel will get what information they can from the student records tomorrow. We can all go off campus for lunch to discuss it. Does that sound ok to everyone?" Max asked.

He received affirmative grunts and nods.

"Come on Spaceboy I’ll drive you home." Maria said as she got ready to leave.

Isabel looked over at Max who had been her ride home, but saw that he most likely wouldn’t be leaving soon. Once again he was just looking into Liz’s eyes as they slowly moved closer together in the booth.

She then turn to Alex with a pleading look.

He chuckled. "Come on lets leave these two love birds alone. Max, I’m kidnaping your sister so that I can have my wicked way with her. Just so you know."

"Ok, Alex. See you tomorrow." Was Max’s distracted reply.

Neither Max nor Liz noticed the two leave. Max leaned his forehead against hers and ran his fingers through her hair.

"I thought once Tess was gone this kind of stuff would calm down a little." Liz murmured.

"I know, me too. I’m sorry."

Liz cut him off, "No, Max this isn’t your fault ok? Besides it might turn out to be nothing."

"I hope so."

He softly pressed his lips to hers in a gentle kiss. Liz needing more contact brought her arms around his neck. Her tongue ran along his bottom lip requesting permission to enter. He immediately granted her entrance.

His arms came around her waist and moved her to straddle his lap causing Liz’s Crash Down uniform to ride up to her hips.

Liz began to rub her lower body against his enjoying the friction it caused.

Max’s right hand moved down to stroke her leg as his other ran up her back and into her hair. He broke the kiss and began to trail open mouth kisses down her neck.

Liz moaned loudly when he hit a sensitive part of her lower neck.

His hand that had been on her leg ran up the side of her body and then stopped at the side of her breast. He ran his thumb over the fabric causing her nipple to come to an even harder peak. He moved his hand to the front and pulled the first two buttons of her uniform open and slipped his hand inside. He moved her bra aside and kneaded her breast.

Liz gasped and began to grind her lower body harder and faster against his.

Wanting better access Max lifted Liz up on to the table. When the cold table top came into contact with her heated skin she was jerked back into reality.

"Max."

"Hmm?"

"We need to stop."

"Why?" He asked although did not stop from latching his mouth onto her breast.

"My....my parents might come down." She responded breathlessly.

Slowly he stopped his movements resting his forehead on her upper chest.

"You’re right. Sorry."

"Did you hear me complaining?" Liz asked.

Max smiled, "No."

"Well, than there is nothing to be sorry about. Now Mr. Evans you mind fixing me?" she asked.

He looked up at her and couldn’t help the arrogant grin that crossed his face.

She looked completely ravaged. Her hair was tangled. Her lips were puffy and red from his kisses. Her faced flushed. The upper part of her dress was open and her bra pulled aside exposing her breasts. Her legs were spread allowing him a glimpse of the place he always craved.

It took all of his self-control not to say screw the parents and take her right there on the table top.

Max moved his hand to her hair and ran his fingers through it slowly; using his powers to straighten it again. He gently took her breasts and put them back in her bra and buttoned up her dress.

He moved out of the booth and then helped her to her feet straightening her dress in the process. His hands came up and cradled her face. Her arms circled around his back bringing him into a hug.

She didn’t want to lose contact yet. He pulled her a little tighter to him and brought her face to rest on his chest.

"I should go upstairs." She murmured as she settled more into his embrace.

"Someday we won’t have to say goodnight and go and sleep in separate beds."

She squeezed him a little tighter and then pulled out of their embrace. They turned off the lights in the main part of the café together and then moved to the back.

"I’ll see you in school tomorrow." He whispered and gave her a quick kiss not wanting things to get out of hand.

"I love you." She said as he pulled away.

"Love you too." He replied and then slipped out the door.

What neither of them noticed was Liz’s mom standing at the top of the steps with a scowl on her face.

^^^^^^^
I want to know what you all think so please let me know.
I’m begging here.
m_groupie
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by m_groupie »

Zanity: She didn't see anything like that. Just something she didn't like. Thanks for reading.

Luna_seer: You get another clue into the Demarco thing but not why he “likes” Liz. Thanks for reading.

Pt 3

As Liz came down the hall for breakfast, the next morning she could hear her parents arguing. She stopped and listened when she heard her name.

"Nancy, Liz is a fairly level headed kid." Jeff stated.

"Jeff, you didn’t see what I saw." Nancy said trying to keep her voice down so as not to let her daughter over hear.

Liz’s heart began to beat rapidly. Did her mom see her and Max in the Café last night? Oh, this wasn’t good.

"It was just a kiss, Nancy ." Jeff argued back.

"It’s not the kiss I’m worried about. I expect her to kiss her boyfriends. It was the fact that they said they loved each other. I’m telling you Jeff they are getting too serious for their age."

"I agree that I think they are too intense but there is nothing we can do. If we say she can’t see him it will only make her want him more."

"This is trouble Jeff. I’m telling you."

"Look we’ll keep an eye on them. If it looks like it is getting more serious then we’ll talk to Liz ok?" Jeff tried to reason.

Nancy hesitantly agreed, "Fine."

Liz took a few deep breaths to try and calm down. This wasn’t good. Her mom was flipping out about the fact that she said I love you. What would she have done if she had caught her and Max in the café? Liz didn’t even want to think about it. This was the last thing the two of them needed right now.

Isabel waited impatiently outside of the school office.

Alex said to just wait there and when he and Mrs. Franks left, to go in and to be as quick as possible because they would only be gone for about ten minutes.

She wasn’t sure if this would work. How in the world was Alex going to get Mrs. Franks to leave the office?

A few minutes later she saw Alex leading Mrs. Franks out of the office and down the hall. The older woman’s laughter could be heard as the two turned the corner and were no longer in sight.

Moving quickly Isabel went into the office and began to look though the filing cabinet. She found the Demarco file first and swept her hand over it then ran her hand over the blank pieces of paper she brought, copying the information.

Quickly she put the file back and then pulled out Dupree’s and did the same. She heard footsteps coming down the hall and began to panic. She put Dupree’s file back and closed the filing cabinet.

She rounded the corner of the divider that separated the secretaries from the waiting area just as the principal came though the door.

"Oh, good morning Ms. Evans."

"Um, Hello Mr. Clark."

"Is there something I can help you with?"

Isabel tried to think of something fast. What reason could she be in the office this early in the morning?

"No, I was just looking for Alex. I thought he said something about talking to Mrs. Franks." Isabel replied.

"Hmmm, all right. Well I hope you find him."

"Thanks." She said trying not to let her nervousness show as she moved out the door.

As soon as she left the office she took a deep breath. Just then she heard Alex’s voice.

"Hey, Isabel. You ok?"

"Yeah, Alex I’m fine. I was just looking for you." She replied with a bright smile. "Hi, Mrs. Franks."

"Hello, Isabel. Don’t let this one go. He’s a keeper." The old women smiled as she went into the office.

Once they were down the hall Alex leaned over and whispered. "Everything went ok?"

"Yeah, but I almost got caught by the principal."

"Ouch."

"Yeah. So should I be worried?" Isabel asked with her eyebrow raised.

"Worried?" Alex asked clearly confused.

"Yeah, that older women seem to have a thing for you."

Alex wrapped his arm around her shoulder. "Nah, why would I want some old secretary when I can have an alien princess."

"Good answer." Isabel turned and kissed him. "You might just get yourself a trip to the eraser room."

Max waited in the jeep for Liz to come out of the café so he could give her a ride to school.

He couldn’t help but smile at the memory of the night before. Although he had gone home sexually frustrated taking a very long cold shower, he would never give up any moments with Liz.

The look on Liz’s face as she got in the jeep however quickly changed his face from one of happiness to one of concern.

"Liz?" He questioned as he gently ran his hand though her hair.

"Just drive Max." When she saw he was about to protest she said. "I’ll explain in a minute."

He reversed the jeep and started driving to school trying to wait patiently for her to explain. He could feel her worry and anxiety, he just didn’t know what it was for.

"My mom heard and saw us last night." Liz finally said.

"WHAT?!!" Max swerved off the road for a second before he regained his composure.

"No, Max not that part." Liz bowed her head as she blushed. "Just the I
love you and goodbye part."

"Oh, so what’s wrong than?" He couldn’t figure out why this was such a big deal. He knew her parents had become overprotective but still.

"They think we are getting too serious. They said they are going to watch us and if they think we are getting any more serious that they are going to talk to me."

"But you think they won’t let us see each other anymore." He muttered as he pulled into a parking spot at school. He undid his seatbelt and turned to her. He gently lifted her chin so that she would look him in the eye.

"I won’t let that happen Liz. I promise. I won’t let them keep me from you. Ok?"

Liz had to smile at that. She undid her seatbelt and sat in his lap wrapping her arms around his neck.

"I know you won’t. I just needed to hear it. We just have to be extra-careful that’s all."

"Easier said than done." Max murmured as his gaze went to her lips.

"True." She whispered as she pressed her lips to his.

He instantly deepened the kiss. His hand moving to run through her hair.

Maria smirked as she came upon her best friend in a heavy make out session with her boyfriend.

"Don’t they ever quit?" Michael asked irritated. All these two ever seemed to do was suck face.

"You know you could learn something from Max."

"Like what? Being pussy wiped?"

"I can’t believe you just said that?"

"What it’s true." He stated.

"I meant romance Michael." Maria said exasperated.

"The only reason to do all that romance crap is to get laid."

"To get LAID??!!" Maria shrieked, effectively bringing Max and Liz out of their sexual fog.

"Finally they stop." Michael said.

"Liz let’s go." Maria said as she tried to pull Liz away from Max.

"What’s going on?" Liz asked as she looked from one friend the other.

"Nothing. I’m just not talking to him."

"Um, ok." Liz reached down to the floor to get her book bag. "Bye." She whispered and gave Max one last kiss.

"Bye. I’ll see you in a few." He didn’t want her to go but obviously Maria needed her.

"Why did I end up with the relationship challenged alien?" Maria said as she and Liz started to walk to the school.

"Hey, no one said you had to be with me." Michael called after her.

"What did you do this time?" Max asked.

Max grabbed his book bag and followed Michael to the school.

"Ah, I don’t know something about romance." Michael tried to brush it off.

"Let me guess she wants romance and you aren’t giving her any."

"Hey, we’re not ready to sleep together and the only reason to do all that crap is to get laid."

"Please, don’t tell me you told her that." Max all but begged. That would surely piss Maria off and if Maria was mad at Michael that would mean she would want lots of Liz time. Liz time that should be his.

"Yeah, so."

"Oh, Michael when are you ever going to learn." Max muttered.

The six teens were gathered around a picnic table by a taco stand that was fairly close to the high school. It wasn’t populated this time of day so it gave them a chance to talk without the worry of others hearing.

The papers from the files were being past around so that each person would have a turn to look at them.

"This was a total waste of time." Michael shoved the papers he had been reading away from him.

They all had to agree with him. So far they had not come up with anything that would indicate that the two students were anything more or less than what they said they were.

"So now what?" Alex asked.

"Wait, I think I may have found something." Liz said. "Give me the Dupree file."

Isabel passed it over to her. Liz quickly scanned the papers and couldn’t help but smile a little when she found what she was looking for.

"What is it?" Max questioned.

"It may be nothing but I would like to know why Peter is living in the same house as Sarah?"

Michael grabbed the papers from her to look for himself.

"I thought he said he didn’t know anybody?" Alex asked.

"He did." Max stated.

"So what do we do now?" Maria asked.

"I think it’s time we went and had a talk with our new little friend." Michael suggested.

"Oh, what are you going to do beat it out of him?" Maria asked. "Just what you need something else to go on your record."

"And you are just bursting with other ideas." Michael shot back.

"Look, why don’t I talk to him." Liz began. "He seemed to um...show more interest in me so I’ll talk to him and see what I can find out."

"I don’t think so." Max immediately refused.

Liz began to argue but was cut off by Max.

"No, Liz if this guy turns out to be dangerous, I don’t want you anywhere near him."

"Max, Liz is right. Out of all of us she has the best chance of getting him to talk." Isabel tried to reason.

"I’ll do it in a public place, ok? With lots of people around." Liz tried to persuade him.

Max took a deep breath, "Fine."

"We better head back to school or we’re going to be late." Alex said.

The group quickly gathered up their things and left.

Kyle sat around the lunch table with his usual jock friends. Something he used to always do before he got caught up in the alien abyss, but somehow it wasn’t the same.

The normal banter the guys tossed around just seemed immature and the complaints petty. Who cared that Mr. Seligman gave you detention when there were bigger things out there like the threat of alien invasions or alien hunters who wanted to capture and kill some of your closest friends? The normal teenage angst just seemed stupid.

He scanned the court yard for the pod people and their human counterparts but couldn’t find them.

He immediately began to worry. Was there something going on? He knew he told them he needed space, but he found himself wanting to be part of the group again. To be part of something that few others would ever know about.

Liz’s chance to talk to Peter presented itself a lot sooner than they had all anticipated.

Peter had decided to come into the Crash Down for an afternoon snack while Liz was working her shift.

Max who had been sitting in his usual both watched Peter’s interaction with Liz intently trying to see if he could pick up on anything. He didn’t, much to his disappointment.

As soon as Peter was out the door Liz slipped into the seat across from Max.

"So what did you find out?" Max asked.

"Not much. His father and Mr. Dupree are good friends. He claims that his parents just moved to Arizona and he is just staying with the Dupree’s until his parents are settled."

"Anything else?"

"Well, this could be good for us or bad depending on how you look at it." Liz said.

"What do you mean?"

"The Dupree’s, as well as Peter, are going to be going back to
Albuquerque next weekend."

"This is good for us how?"

"It could give us a chance to look around the house and see what’s in it."

^^^^^^^
TBC
I would love to hear what y'all think. Good bad let me know.
m_groupie
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by m_groupie »

Zanity:Yeah the parents are a little to late but in away they feel they’re losing their daughter. Well you’ll see this is going to come into play soon.

Natalie36: thanks for reading.

flyawayraven: I’m glad you like it.

A special thanks to thetvgeneral for being my wonderful beta.

Disclaimer: I sort of stole this idea from the episode Busted

Pt. 4

The group had finally settled on a plan on how they were going to "look around" the Dupree house. Through Alex’s hacking skills they were able to find blue prints to the house so that it would be easier to find their way around.

Michael had wanted to be the one to go in and look but the others wouldn’t let him. They pointed out that one, on the night they were going to break in he had to work and two, he had one too many run ins with the police from before and if it were to happen again he may face jail time.

Maria had to work also and although no one said anything she was suppose to keep an eye on Michael to make sure he didn’t do anything stupid.

Alex was the look out man to watch for any trouble. Isabel was going to stay with Alex rather than Liz. They thought if they were caught it would be easier for Max and Liz being boyfriend and girlfriend to explain why they were sneaking around in the dark than Max and Isabel being brother and sister.

Max and Liz sat in the jeep waiting for Alex to give them the all clear.

"You don’t have to do this." Whispered Max. He gently stroked her hair as he looked down at her.

"I know, but I’m going. We’re in this together. It was my idea after all."

She looked up at him trying to reassure him.

"I just hate that..."

Liz pressed her lips to his effectively blocking his guilt trip. Just as things began to get heated, they heard Alex’s voice over the walkie talkie.

"Ok, guys all is clear."

Max and Liz got out of the jeep and crept across the empty lot behind the Dupree house.

They walked onto the back porch and looked around to make sure no one was looking before Max placed his hand over the door to unlock it. With one last look around they stepped inside.

"Ok.We’re in." Max whispered into the walkie talkie.

"Good, everything is still clear." Was the reply.

"Let’s look in the bedrooms first." Max suggested.

The house was two stories with a basement. There were four bedrooms on the top floor. In the main floor there was a living room, kitchen, dining room and a study. The inspection of the upstairs turned up nothing so they moved to the study. They rifled though papers and books, using a flashlight as their only source of light.

They heard static come over the radio and then nothing. They stopped their movements and waited. They heard some static again. But once again was they were met with silence. Just as Max was about to try and reach Alex they heard his voice come over the radio.

"We got trouble guys. Two cops. Get out now."

Quickly they tried to put everything back where it was and moved to the back door. Max quickly turned and locked the door behind them. When they were about in the middle of the yard, they heard.

"Stop. It’s the police."

Max ran his hand over the walkie talkie that was clipped to the front of his pants dissolving it into this belt. He reached to do the same with the flashlight.

"Stop. Put your hands where we can see them."

Max turned his head to look at Liz as he lifted his arms. She was looking at him with fear in her eyes. He wanted to reach out and hold her but he couldn’t. He could vaguely hear the officer request backup over the beat of his own heart.

"Ok. I want the two of you to back up in the direction of my voice. Good keep on coming. Ok, now I want the two of you to turn and put your hands on the railing. Miss move about four feet to your right."

Liz was reluctant to leave Max’s side, but knew she had no other choice.

They could hear the sirens in the distance.

"Ok, now. Both of you spread your legs. And don’t move."

One officer held the flashlight while the other checked the two for weapons. Once they were sure they were clear, they guided the two kids out to the squad car in the front of the house.

They placed the boy into the back of the car and closed the door. They led the girl a little way up the sidewalk to ensure that they could not corroborate each other’s stories.

By this point the curious neighbors came out to see what was going on.

Luckily other cops had arrived and were dealing with the civilians.

"Ok, I’m Officer Holt and this is Officer White." A man about forty with a slight pot belling and kind eyes said. "What’s your name?"

Liz just stared at him. She looked to the car and saw Max looking at her with guilt and worry in his eyes. Officer White stepped into her view.

"Look you can either cooperate and this can all be over or you can fight us and go to jail. It’s up to you." He was tired of these punk kids thinking they ran the world.

"Liz." She croaked out. "Um, Elizabeth Parker."

"And what were you doing at this house."

"I a....my boyfriend and I were just out for a drive and we decided to get out and go for a walk. We didn’t feel like going all the way around so we cut though the yard."

She hoped they believed the pre-planned excuse.

The officers didn’t believe this kid for a second. They had gotten a call
about a light in the house that moved from room to room. The caller knew for a fact that the owners weren’t home. The kids didn’t seem to have stolen anything but they would have to wait until the owners showed up.

"Are you sure that’s what happened?"

"Yes."

"Ok, we’re just going to go talk to your boyfriend."

They put the girl into a different squad car and went to question the boy.

"Name?" Officer Holt asked.

"Max Evans."

"What were you doing here?"

"My girlfriend and I were out for a drive and we decided to go for a walk but we decided not to walk all the way around and so we were cutting through the yard when you came."

"Is that so? That’s not what your girlfriend said."

"Well, it’s the truth." Max knew Liz wouldn’t have said anything else.

"She told us the truth. She said it was all your fault. But we are willing to hear your side of the story."

"Well then she told you what I did because that is the truth." Was Max’s reply.

"Look kid why don’t you tell us what really happened so that we can all go home." Officer White said.

"I am."

"Officer White can I speak with you?" Holt asked.

"Yeah?"

"Look why don’t we just take them down to the station, have Johns take care of the house and see if we can get them to talk then. I’m sure after a few hours in the jail cell they will be blabbing every bad thing they have ever done."

The trip to the station was longer than Max or Liz expected. Neither one knew what would be waiting them there. Max didn’t want to involve the Sheriff but at this point that is the only thing he could think of.

Upon their arrival they were both put into separate rooms.

Max sat in the seat at a table. His mind going in so many different directions it was hard to concentrate. The foremost thing on his mind was Liz and how she was handling all of this.

The door opened and Officer Holt walked in.

"Mr. Evans, come with me please."

Max obediently got up and followed the man. He led him into the sheriff’s office and told him to have a seat. As soon as the door was closed Max made eye contact with Valenti.

"Where’s Liz?"

"Max...." Valenti warned.

"No, I want to know if she’s ok."

"She’s fine. She’s in an interrogation room waiting for her parents. We
can’t talk to her until her parents are present because she is under age. You on the hand we have free reign over because you are 18." He paused. "Max, what were the two of you doing?"

Max took a deep breath. "Well, you what happened before with the Dupree’s so we wanted to keep an eye on them. Then this Demarco kid shows up and is looking at Liz weird and showing more interest in us than he should. We found out that they were all living at the same house so we decided to check it out."

"Why didn’t you come to me?"

"We didn’t want to involve you after what Tess did. We know Kyle is taking it hard. Plus if we told you what we were planning you would have
tried to talk us out of it."

Valenti didn’t know what to say so he moved onto the problem at hand.

"As of right now the only thing we can charge you with is trespassing.
Because it’s Dupree’s property. He has the choice of pressing charges or not. Let’s just hope he doesn’t have a surveillance camera around his house."

"We checked and couldn’t find any."

"Ok..." Valenti was interrupted by a knock on the door.

"Come in."

"Sheriff can I speak with you for a moment?" Officer White asked.

"Yes. Excuse me Mr. Evans."

Max desperately tried to hear what was being said, but all he could make out were soft murmurs and than one slightly raised voice. The words still indistinguishable.

The Sheriff came back into the room but was clearly upset. He closed the door and sat back down.

"What’s wrong?" Max asked worriedly.

"Officer White convinced the Parkers to leave Liz in jail over night and pick her up in the morning."

"What?! Why?!" Max exclaimed sitting straighter in his seat.

"He thinks it will teach her a lesson and then in the morning she will be willing to rat you out. He’s convinced you’re the reason for all of this."

"Damn it!"

"You are free to go. I suggest you talk to your father and get him to be your council. The charges aren’t serious yet but just to be safe."

"I’m not leaving her here."

"Max, your not going to be doing her any good.."

Max interrupted him, "I don’t care she’s not staying here alone."

"All right. Use my phone to call your dad. Then I’ll come and take you to your cell."

Liz sat in a plain gray room. There was an interrogation mirror on the opposite wall. She wondered if someone was watching her. She got a sudden urge to go and make faces at it.

She didn’t think the officers really had anything on them, but she didn’t know the law so she wasn’t sure. She desperately wanted to see Max but she knew they would never let her.

The door opened and Officer White walked in. "Ms. Parker your parents have been contacted and agree with my suggestion that you should spend the night."

She didn’t like the smirk on his face or the look in his eyes. She shivered.

"Where’s Max?"

"Oh, he’s going home. We can’t hold him. He’s an adult. Looks like lover boy has left you all alone."

Liz just glared at him.

"Come on Ms. Parker let’s get you situated."

Liz looked around her cell. She wanted to go to sleep but she was to on edge. The jail she realized housed three cells. The two that she and Alex had been in and then the one she was currently in. There was a cement wall that divided it from the other cells. It was at the end of the cell block so it gave her some privacy but not enough. There was no way she was going to use the toilet in the corner where anyone could see. Not only that, but who knew what kind of germs were on it.

The main cell door clanged open. Liz placed her face against the bars to see who had come in. She was shocked to see Max being led by Valenti.

"Max? What?" She thought Officer White said that he went home.

"You two are crazy. You realize that right?" Valenti asked although he didn’t expect a response. "He decided he didn’t want you to be alone so here he is."

He couldn’t help but chuckle. It was almost comical the lengths these two would go for each other. He opened the cell door closest to Liz’s and then closed it behind Max.

"You two be good now."

Although he didn’t say it, they both understood he meant no alien powers were to be used.

Liz waited to hear the main cell door close before she moved to the wall that was against Max’s cell.

She scooted up against it as close as she could.

"Max?" She called. She reached her hand though the bars and around the corner.

She felt Max grasp her hand and instantly she felt better.

"Why did you stay? You should be home."

"I couldn’t leave you here. We’re in this together. Remember?"

"Yeah." She moved a little to get comfortable. "Thank you."

"I love you."

"I love you, too."

Valenti walked into the cell block to get the two teens. He gave a sad smile when he saw how they were sleeping. Both were leaning up against the wall. Their hands through the bars clasped tightly. He felt sorry for them.

Both parents had shown up bright and early as well as Paul Dupree. The group had reached in agreement what they felt would be a suitable punishment. The agreement wasn’t bad by any means, the reason he felt bad for them was the situation they were going to face.

The Parkers were livid and blaming the whole situation on Max. He knew that besides grounding Liz they would most likely forbid her from seeing Max. Valenti wondered if the Parkers had any idea what they would be fighting against.

He gently shook Max’s shoulder to wake him up. Max’s hand that was not holding Liz’s flew up in defense.

"Max, it’s just me." Valenti said trying to sound calm.

"Sorry."

"It’s ok. Your parents are here."

Max nodded and slowly moved his hand away from Liz’s. The minute his hand lost contact with hers he heard her moan his name.

Valenti went over to her cell, "Liz you need to get up your parents are here."

She wiped sleep from her eyes and waited for him to open her door. The minute Max and Liz were free they embraced each other tightly.

"Come on kids."

With one last tight squeeze Max let her go. They held onto each others
hands and followed Valenti out.

^^^^^^^
TBC?

AN: I know the cop and arrest part doesn’t fallow protocol but hey it’s my story and I can do what I want right? :roll:
m_groupie
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by m_groupie »

Zanity: thanks for reading. Liz will have to chose but not for some time.

AN: Just wanted to drop this off before I go and watch the Super bowl.

Pt. 5

Liz sat on her bed staring at her bedroom wall. As soon as she had gotten home from the police station her parents told her to go take a shower and then they would talk. She knew what was coming. It was blatantly obvious after her parents’ reaction at the police station. The minute she and Max came out into the main area they pulled her away from Max. Her father stood slightly in front of her glaring at him.

When Mr. Dupree came up to their group, Max instantly tensed. It was then explained that Mr. Dupree agreed not to press charges as long as Max and Liz came and did work around his house, on separate days of course.

Max at first disagreed, not wanting Liz any where near the man until they knew more about him. However, after his father told him it was the best deal they were going to get. He reluctantly agreed.

After the necessary paper work her parents pulled her out of there before she could blink. So now she sat here reluctant to hear the words she knew would be coming. Her cell phone rang.

"Hello?" She answered.

"Liz,"

"Max." She sighed.

"What’s the verdict?"

"I don’t know. I haven’t talked to them yet, but I know what’s coming." She closed her eyes trying to focus on his voice.

He knew what was coming, too. "We’ll figure something out. Ok?"

"Yeah, it’s just going to be so hard."

"I know."

"How about you? What did your parents say?"

"Isabel and I both got a lecture about being more responsible and coming to them when we have a problem. We than each got a week of grounding with no phone, tv, or internet. I guess my non human status made them lenient."

"Maybe..." Liz stopped what she was going to say when she heard Isabel’s voice.

"Max, get off the phone Mom’s coming."

"Liz, I got to go. I love you."

"I love you too."

Liz placed the phone down and went out into the living room to face her fate. Her mom saw her first.

"Elizabeth , have a seat."

Liz cringed. The use of her legal name was never good. Liz sat down in a chair facing her parents. Her posture straight.

"Do you have anything to say for yourself?" Her mother asked.

"Yes, we didn’t do anything wrong. All we were doing was cutting through the yard."

"That’s not what Officer White said." Her father replied.

"Well he’s wrong."

"Are you saying that a police officer would lie?" Nancy questioned.

"He made an assumption. A wrong assumption."

Jeff snorted in disbelief.

"Why don’t you believe me?"

"Why shouldn’t we believe Officer White?" Nancy countered.

"I’m your daughter. You know me." Liz pleaded.

"Maybe that’s the problem Liz. We don’t know you. Had this been two years ago I would have taken your word but ever since you have gotten involved with that boy you have turned into someone I don’t know." Jeff seethed out.

"This is all because you think I broke into a house?"

"No Liz," Her mother started. "This is because ever since you have gotten involved with Max you have turned into someone we don’t recognize. You’re not our little girl. You.."

Liz interrupted Nancy , "Of course I’m not. I’m growing up."

"Not into someone we would be proud of." Jeff muttered.

Liz stared at him in disbelief. Her mother’s voice caused her to look over at her.

"Liz, what we are trying to say is that ever since you’ve been around Max we have discovered all of these incidents that lead back to him. I get called to school because of your sexual behavior with Max. Who at the time I didn’t even know you were dating. Weekends where we don’t know where you are. You stay out all night with Max. You sneak out at night. You run to your aunts’ because you are so upset over Max. You seem at ends with each other but than then you are back together more intense. Now, you get picked up by the police. And once again who is involved? Max. We just think that the two of you should take a break from each other." Nancy tried to reason.

"It’s not going to happen. We love each other."

"How can you say that? If that boy really loved you, he wouldn’t be having you break into HOUSES!!" Jeff yelled.

"We didn’t break in!" Liz yelled back.

"Jeff, Liz. Both of you calm down." Nancy waited a few minutes before she continued. "Liz, prior to this incident your father and I discussed your and Max’s relationship and we both agreed that the two of you were too intense. You shouldn’t be in such a serious relationship at such a young age, Liz. You have plenty of time. You should be dating lots of boys."

"I don’t want any other boys. I love Max." Why couldn’t her parents understand?

"We know you think that you do, but Liz you are so inexperienced. The only other boy you have ever dated was Kyle and even that wasn’t serious. We just think you need a break from Max."

"So, what you want me to become a slut like Pam Troy?"

"Liz, now you are being unreasonable." Nancy stated calmly.

She thought the two of them were being unreasonable but she didn’t think they would appreciate her telling them that.

"Your father and I have discussed this and have come to a mutual agreement. First, you are grounded for two weeks. No phone, computer, or tv. We will drive you to school and pick you up as soon as it ends. You will work in the café on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. We will drive and pick you up when you have to go to the Dupree’s on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays. For the month that you have to go and work at the Dupree’s you will pay for the gas, out of your tips not the money that goes into the bank for your college fund. Ok?"

"Do I have a choice?" Liz asked bitterly.

"No." Came her father’s curt answer.

Nancy continued as if no one had spoken. "The second thing your father and I think would be appropriate is if you stop seeing Max."

"WHAT?! No, way!" She knew it was coming but that didn’t mean she wasn’t going to go down without a fight.

"LIZ!" Jeff commanded. "All that boy has ever done is get you into trouble." He softened his tone. "Liz we just want what’s best for you."

"If you wanted what’s best for me you would let me see Max. He means everything to me." She pleaded.

Nancy spoke softly, "Liz, that co-dependence is what we are talking about. For the next two months you are not to be around Max. We have contacted your teachers and you will have a new lab partner on Monday. They also know that the two of you are not allowed to sit next to each other in class or eat lunch together."

"You can’t do that. We have the same friends." Liz argued weekly. She was beginning to feel more and more helpless as the conversation continued.

"Well, they will have to decide who to sit with. Maybe this will even give you a chance to hang out with some of your old friends that you have pushed aside since Max came around. Maybe, you can make new friends. Ones that aren’t involved with Max." Nancy was trying to let her daughter see that this would be good for her. That her whole life didn’t need to revolve around Max.

"This isn’t going to work. Max and I love each other. You can’t stop us from seeing one another." Liz replied.

Jeff continued where Nancy left off, "Max will not be allowed in the café at all. When you go somewhere we will want to know where you are going and who you will be with and don’t try and pull a fast one on us because we will check up on you. The principal has assured us that he will notify all the staff that if the two of you are seen together to contact us."

"And what happens if I refuse to do this and see Max anyway?"

"Then we won’t hesitate to take drastic measures." Jeff assured.

"Like what?" Liz challenged.

"Just don’t break the rules and you won’t have to worry about it." Nancy stated.

"Are we done now?" Liz seethed.

"Yes," When Liz got up to leave her mother stopped her. "Liz, go get your phone and cell phone out of your room and bring them to me."

Liz took a deep breath and continued down the hall.

It was Monday, the first day of school that Max had to stay away from Liz. It was driving him insane. It was like being back before the shooting when all he could do was watch her. Liz didn’t even get to tell him about this new "rule" from her parents. No, the Parkers had called his mom and told her to keep her son away from their daughter.

Isabel, Maria and Alex sat with Liz. He couldn’t blame them. Maria and Alex were Liz’s best friends and this was the only time his sister would get to be with Alex for a week. He was just waiting for Michael to go and join Maria.

The only good thing about today was the fact that it seemed that Peter had lost his interest in Liz. Maybe the boy had finally gotten the message.

"Still pining away for Liz I see."

Max looked up into Kyle’s smiling face.

"This seat taken?"

Max shook his head.

"You know getting arrested is not exactly the best way to impress the future in-laws." Kyle said and than took a bit out of his pizza.

Michael plopped down in the seat next to Max.

"What you aren’t going to go sit with Maria?" Max asked.

"Nah, she’s still mad at me over the laid thing. I’m telling you that women can hold a grudge."

"Did you ever think of apologizing?" Max asked.

"What and cave first? I don’t think so. This time she has to come to me."

"Ah, the never-ending saga of love and hate between Guerin and Deluca." Kyle said sarcastically.

"What are you doing here Kyle?" Michael gruffly asked.

"Hey, my life was boring without you people. Somehow hearing Tommy talk about how Pam let him do her in the boy’s bathroom isn’t half as entertaining as evil alien jellyfish trying to kill off the human race."

"There are no alien jellyfish, Kyle." Max said.

"Ah, but there could be. You may need me." Kyle defended.

"For what target practice?" Michael asked.

"Ouch, that hurt. You really know how to make a guy feel welcome."

"Maybe that’s because you’re not."

Kyle was about to say something back but Max’s voice stopped him. "Guys can you please not do this."

"Fine." They both said.

Kyle waited a few seconds and then began again. "My point was that I may be able to help you out in the girlfriend department."

"How so?"

"Well we all know Maria and Liz are best friends so this whole thing must be just killing her. If you can figure out away for Romeo over here to see Juliet then you my friend will have Maria Deluca willing to do anything you want her to."

"You know he has a point." Max put in.

"You just want to get some." Michael said.

"Michael!" Max warned.

"Ok, just let me think about it. I’m sure I can come up with something."

Max nervously knocked on the Dupree’s front door. It was his first day of work and he was nervous about it. He didn’t know what to expect. Michael had wanted to come and keep watch to make sure nothing happened but was vetoed on the fact that he had to work and he couldn’t afford to take any more days off.

Sarah opened the door and gave a shy smile to Max. "Hey, come on in. Ah, sorry that I took your lab partner for Bio."

"It’s ok." Max said. Taking a quick sweep of the area. "You’re lucky Liz is really good at Bio."

"Yeah, it will be nice to work with someone that knows what they are doing."

Max actual liked Sarah. She seemed like a nice girl. Other than her association with her father and Peter that is. She was about Liz’s height, with blond hair and green eyes. She wore glasses most of the time but not always. The glasses seemed to fit her face and accentuate her features.

"My dad is in his study. He said to tell you to go on in." She said as she led him over to the door.

"Daddy, Max is here."

"Thank you sweety. Come on in Max."

Max stepped inside making sure his back was to the wall and he had easy access to the window.

Paul looked at how the young man positioned himself and had to hide a smile.

"So tell me, do you always bring your mate along on alien raids King Zan?"

"Excuse me?" Max asked trying to seem like he didn’t know what the other man was talking about. Panic began to fill him. His eyes darted all over the room. He unconsciously moved closer to the window.

"Don’t play stupid with me Max. I know a lot about you. In fact maybe more than you do."

Max moved close to the window he was about two seconds away from breaking it and getting away as fast as possible. "I don’t know what you are talking about."

Paul took a good look at the young alien and instantly realized he went about this the wrong way. He had just wanted to make him sweat a little bit, not scare him to death.

"Max I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to scare you. I would never hurt you." Paul tried to sound non-threatening.

Max didn’t answer and didn’t relax his stiff posture.

"Max how could I hurt you if I have been sworn to protect you." He tried to reason.

Why don’t you go ask Nasedo? Max thought.

"Prove it." Is what he said.

Paul thought about it for a second and then pulled up his shirt sleeve. He held out his arm and walked closer to Max until he was in touching distance.

"I have a mark on my arm only you can activate. All protectors have one. Those that stay loyal will have it glow blue those that have not it will appear black on their skin."

Max looked at him unsure what to do.

"Just have your palm hover over my wrist. Good, now concentrate and call forth the seal."

Max did as he was instructed. When he saw what appeared to be a glow, he removed his hand. A symbol like the one on the necklace Isabel found at Atherton’s was glowing blue from the man’s wrist. After a few seconds it disappeared.

Max sill was unsure. "Why didn’t Nasedo show me this?"

"Maybe because he was afraid it would show black." Paul paused than seeing that Max was not completely convinced he continued. "If you don’t believe me connect with me."

Max looked at him in the eye and than placed his hand on the man’s shoulder. Slowly he was pulled in. The images were going by too fast to recognize but he didn’t sense any evil, only good.

He broke the connection.

"Why didn’t you say anything before?"

"I wasn’t sure if you were you. I had been suppressing my alien skills for a while, so I didn’t want to make a mistake."

Paul could see all the questions in his eyes.

"Look Max I know you have a lot of questions and I don’t blame you but why don’t we wait until tomorrow that way everyone can be here. I told the Parkers I wanted Liz here by six. If you come after work you should get here around 6:30. Tell everyone else to be here around that time and then you all can ask as many questions as you like."

Even though Max wanted answers tonight, he could see the wisdom in waiting. Max finally nodded his head.

Since this new situation happened, Max’s mom did allow him to use the phone to call and let everyone know what was going on. He just had to keep it short. He had never been so glad to be on restriction from the phone before than when Michael started to ask questions to which he didn’t have the answer for. Liz was the only one he was unable to contact but knew Maria would tell her in the morning.

Max pulled up to the school and sighed when her realized Michael was waiting for him.

"Michael before you ask I don’t know ok. We will find out tonight."

"This isn’t about that Maxwell I have figured out away for you and Juliet to be together."

"How?"

"You know that place I told you about with all the gym equipment that Maria and I would go to?"

"Yeah?"

"Well go there first period."

"Michael I can’t. I have class."

"No, you have study hall and no one checks if you’re there you know that. It’s in the library lots of places to miss people. Liz is in there too."

"The teachers are keeping an eye on us. This isn’t going to work."

"Ah, but that’s why we have Alex who is also in that class. The teachers love him. He is going to distract her the whole time. Plus he is going to sign you two in."

"Michael.." Max tried to object but it did sound tempting.

"What? Do you want to spend time with Liz or not?"

"Yes, but Michael if we get caught." Max trailed off. He really just wanted to be with Liz regardless of the consequences. He just didn’t want her parents to do some thing stupid like send her off to barding school.

"You won’t. So just be there before the bell for class rings."

"Ok."

Max sat on some mats waiting impatiently for Liz to arrive. He just hoped she agreed to this. When the door opened, he stood up. He saw Liz come in and close the door behind her. Within seconds she was in his arms clinging to him. He pulled her tighter and ran one of his hands through her hair soothingly.

"I’ve missed you so much." He whispered.

"I’ve missed you too." Her response was muffled by his neck.

She took a deep breath. Breathing in his scent. She had missed this just being in his arms. She felt so safe and loved. It felt right. It scared her to realize that just after a few days she had started to feel so alone without him. Her parents were right, she was dependent on him. The only thing was she didn’t care. She knew he was just as dependent on her.

"I hate this." She muttered.

"Me too, baby. Me too."

"We could always just run away."

"Liz." Max took a deep breath. He would love to run away with her but knew that it just wouldn’t work.

"I know, it’s stupid to even say but I can’t help it. My parents are just being so..." She didn’t know how to continue.

Max pulled her face back a little and kissed her. Her mouth instantly opened welcoming the familiar feel of his tongue tangling with hers. One of his hands stayed in her hair holding her head in place while, the other one wrapped around her waist pulling their lower bodies together.

The feel of his arousal pressing into her stomach caused her to moan. Oh, how she had missed this. Her hands moved from around his neck to the font of his shirt desperately trying to undo the buttons. When she reached his pants she pulled his shirt out and ran her hands across his skin.

Max sighed at the contact. He began to kiss down her neck paying extra attention to the sensitive spot just below her ear. Liz clutched at his back and pressed her lower body closer to his desperately trying to find relief.

Liz undid the button of his pants and then slipped her hand inside groping his manhood.

"Liz," Max sighed. "We should stop."

"Why." She pulled slightly away from him but didn’t remove her hand.

"We’re at school. I..."

She interrupted. "I don’t care. I need you Max. Please."

When he looked at her, he knew he could never deny her anything. He swept down and once again reclaimed her lips. He lifted her shirt up and only broke contact with her lips to pull it over her head. Her bra was also discarded. His one hand went to massage her breast wile the other worked on unbuttoning her pants.

Liz threw her head back and moaned his name, her hands pulling at his shirt. He had to stop his assault so that she could take off his shirt. He slipped out of his shoes and she did the same. He picked up his shirt and laid it across the mat. They reached for each other and began undoing the other one’s pants.

As soon as they were completely naked Max picked her up and laid her down on the gym mat. His tongue plunged into her mouth. His hand ran down her side to her hip. Her fingers ran though his hair. He pulled out of the kiss and than placed his forehead against hers. He waited until her eyes were open and looking at him before he thrust himself forward into her slick folds.

Their movements were fast and desperate. And soon they were both calling out the other’s name.

After a few minutes of trying to catch his breath he pulled out of her. She whimpered at the lost of contact.

"Shh baby I know." Max whispered. He moved to the side and than pulled her to lie on his chest.

"How much time to we have." She asked.

"About ten minutes before the bell rings."

"It’s not fair."

"I know. I wish I could stay like this with you forever."

After that neither one of them spoke. There was no need to. They got dressed and kissed slow and longingly one more time before they left to
go in different directions.

Michael was walking down the deserted halls towards the lunch area.
Maria still hadn’t spoken to him all day.

She did stare at him a lot and once when she caught him looking at her she smiled, but that was it. So much for her doing anything he wanted. He thought he at least deserved a trip to the Eraser room.

Then he felt an arm grab him and pull him into a room. Before he could get his bearings, he felt lips crash down onto his. He tensed at first until he realized whose lips they belonged to and then kissed her back with gusto.

Maria pulled away. "You are the best friend ever."

"Friend?" He questioned. Since when were the two of them just friends?

"To Max and Liz." She explained.

"Oh," He sounded almost disappointed.

"And you’re not so bad in the boyfriend department either."

"So I’m forgiven?"

"Yes. Now shut up and kiss me. I’ve been deprived for weeks."

Michael happily complied.

^^^^^^^^
TBC?
Let me know what you all think.
m_groupie
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Pt. 6

Post by m_groupie »

Natalie36: I felt the same way. why didn’t they give us nookie between Max and Liz? Even though the relationship between the two started everything they didn’t really get to do anything first.
Zanity: Thanks for reading.
L-J-L 76: Don’t worry all of your questions will be answered in time.
Luna_Seer: Sorry if I didn’t explain who Sarah and Peter are. Sarah is Paul and Laurie's daughter. And Peter is a kid at the school that was staring at Liz and is living with the Dupree’s sort of. Hope that helped.

AN:Hey all I just wanted to say sorry that it took me so long to get this out. I didn’t have time when I finally did my muse left me for warmer weather and is most likely on a beach sipping some drink with an umbrella in it mocking me. Anyway I hope you like this part.

Disclaimer: I stole a line from the episode WDMYK. Not mine i just loved the line so i used it.
Pt. 6

When Liz first showed up at the Dupree's house, she was nervous. She didn't know what to expect. She tentatively knocked on the door and almost hoped that no one would answer. What could she possible say to these people?

Sarah opened the door with a smile on her face, "Hey, Liz."

Liz heard her parents driving away. "Um, hi."

Sarah moved to let her into the house. She noticed how nervous Liz looked as she glanced around the house.

"My dad's not here. He had to meet someone about a building code or something, but he said he would be back by the time everyone got here."

"Ok."

There was a moment of silence and tension filled the room.

"Do you want something to drink?"

"Yeah, that would be good."

Sarah led Liz into the kitchen and got sodas out of the fridge. They both avoided eye contact. Sarah racked her brain for something to say. She desperately wanted to become friends with this group. She had never really had any close friends due to her alien heritage and she saw this as maybe having someone else to talk to besides her father. Sarah broke the silence.

"Uh, I was wondering if you could help me with Biology. I mean feel free to say no. My dad isn't really going to make you work. It's just..." Sarah cut herself off abruptly. She mentally chided herself for rambling. She always did that when she was nervous or scared. Heaven help her if she ever had to face an enemy.

"No, it's ok. What's the problem?" Liz asked hoping to pass the time.

Sarah went over to her book bag and pulled out the stuff she would need and placed it on the table. Liz took a seat next to her.

"Well, it's this whole meiosis thing. I can't seem to remember what is different in phase one and phase two."

Liz began the explanation and the time flew by. They were both startled to here a knock on the back door.

"That must be Kyle, Alex, Michael and Maria." Liz said.

Sarah gave her a confused look.

"I uh," Liz wasn't sure how much she should reveal but decided Sarah was one of them so it would be ok. "I can feel Max."

Sarah just stared slightly shocked but was broken out of her stupor with the incessant knocking.

"Michael." Maria's irritated voice came though the door. "Would you quit it? I'm sure they're coming. You don't need to break down the door."

Liz chuckled and shook her head. Those two would never change. Sarah opened the door to let the group in.

"It's about time." Michael muttered as he walked though the door.

"Rude much?" Maria asked sarcastically.

Sarah looked at them nervously wondering if she should say something. Liz saw the question in Sarah's eyes and went to reassure her.

"It's ok." She whispered. "This is what they do. When they're not talking is when you have to worry."

Sarah's only response was to nod and close the door.

"I don't think we have been formally introduced." Alex stepped up to Sarah and extended his hand. "I'm Alex Whitman. The computer geek of the group."

Sarah shook his hand and had to laugh. "You're dating Isabel right?"

"Yes, I am honored to hold that title."

"Alex would you knock it off." Maria said and extended her hand. "I'm Maria. I'm dating that dimwit over there who was obviously raised by wolves, so I apologize on his behalf."

"Hey, wait a second." Michael began to object but was cut off by Kyle.

"Michael just save it. You know you'll be better off. I?m Kyle by the way.
The only unattached person in the group."

Sarah laughed and shook his hand.

"It's nice to meet all of you."

A big smile spread across Liz's face as she went to open the back door. Sarah was about to question what she was doing when she saw Max and Isabel on the other side of the threshold.

"Hi." Liz breathed out.

"Hey." Max said just as softly and pulled her into his arms blocking the door way.

"Excuse me." Isabel said loudly, but it did nothing to move the couple.

"Max, couldn't you at least wait until we were inside?" Isabel finally had enough and pushed passed them. Neither one of the couple broke eye contact with the other. The group all recognized the look that the two had and new they were in trouble.

Max's mouth slowly moved down toward Liz's.

"Max in the name of all that's holy stop." Alex said in a pleading voice. He knew once they started to slip into their own little world it would take forever to pull them back.

"Oh, Buddha here we go again." Kyle mumbled and moved to walk into the living room.

"Didn't the two of you get enough this morning?" Michael asked. Which was quickly followed by a yelp of pain as Maria smacked him in the back of the head.

Sarah watched the whole thing with a mixture of amusement and amazement.

"Come on people let's give them some time." Maria said as she ushered them into the living room.

Neither Max nor Liz noticed the group leave all they could feel was each other. They both sighed at the feel of the others lips. Max ran his tongue
along Liz's bottom lip seeking entrance into the recess of her mouth. Liz opened up to him welcoming the familiar feel of the kiss. She wrapped her arms around his neck pulling him closer. They were so wrapped up in each other that neither one noticed someone else coming into the room.

Paul parked his car in the garage. He knew he was running a little late. He just couldn't get the guy to shut up. He hoped that Sarah was handling everything ok. She was very shy around new people. He was shocked to see what greeted him as he walked into his kitchen. He didn't know whether to laugh or yell, for there stood for all intense and purposes his king in a heated make out session with his girlfriend. They hadn't even made it past the back door. He tried to clear his throat, but it didn?t work.

"Excuse me." He tried, but that also didn?t work.

Finally an idea came to him. Being a shape shifter he could take on any voice or image so he concentrated on what Jeff Parker's voice sounded like and barked out, "GET YOUR HANDS OFF MY DAUGHTER!!"

Paul didn't think he had ever seen two people jump away from each other so fast as the two of them did. He did notice that even with the space that separated them Max stood a little in front of Liz almost in a stance of protection. Both of the teens turned bright red. An apology on their lips.

Fortunately for them the yell had brought in the rest of the teens. They all stopped in the doorway and took in the scene. Kyle was the first to start laughing followed by Michael and soon the rest of the gang. Max and Liz just blushed harder.

Paul held back a laugh of his own. "Shall we?" He asked and pointed to the living room.

Paul grabbed a chair from the kitchen bringing it into the living room to sit down. He smiled when he saw how the group all sat down.

Sarah had taken a seat in the recliner. Michael sat on the end of the wraparound couch. He was the farthest from the door but in the best potion to protect the others if Paul were to attack. Michael?s arm was wrapped around Maria who sat next to him. Alex sat next to her followed by Isabel. The two showed no real outward sign of unity, but they were close enough that they were touching. Kyle sat on the other end of the couch. Max and Liz sat in the love seat their hands clasped. Max was closest to him. Like Michael he was in the perfect position to protect the others if need be. He had to smile. For every two humans there was an alien. He wondered if they did it on purpose or if it was just instinctive.

"I'm sure you all have a lot of questions," Paul started. "So I'm just going to tell you all I know. Feel free to stop me and ask questions as we go along. Ok?"

He got a few nods from the group except for Max and Michael. Max agreed verbally while Michael just stared at him.

"I'm not sure how much you know of you past...." He started but was cut off by Max.

"Just what the destiny book told us. Although we aren?t sure if the translation was completely correct." He wasn't sure how much he could trust the information they got from their enemies.

"You decoded it? How?"

No one spoke for a moment remembering how close Alex came to losing his life for the translation of that book.

"Uh, Alex did." Max finally responded.

"Wow, that's quite impressive." Paul smiled at Alex.

"Thank you."

"Well, from what I have been told the book isn't that informative so I will start at the beginning. Antar is one planet of five. It wasn't necessarily the ruling planet but it had more power and wealth than the other planets. The king of Antar usually had the last say in what would happen between the planets. On Antar there are three races, the skins who are the low class, the shape shifters who are the middle class and than the solars who are the upper-class. The skins are the workers, they farm, own shops that type of thing. The shape shifters would be like your cops, they enlisted in the military. The solars which is what you all are ran things. They would be the officers in the military, the chief of police that kind of thing. Solars are called that because they have one main power that is more powerful than any of the other races powers. The only Solar who had more than one strong power was the king. That is why Michael has blasting and Isabel has dreamwalking. Both of you can do other things on a small scale. Max because you are the king, you have the powers of healing and the shield. On our planet the king is determined by which child of the current ruler has the dual power."

Paul stopped and looked around to make sure they were all still following him.

"What if the king died and didn't have any kids. Then what?" Michael asked.

"The second in command would inherit the king's powers and become king." Paul replied.

"So you're saying that if Max were to buy the farm then Michael would become king?" Kyle asked in slight fear.

"Essentially yes."

"Dude you better never die." Kyle said to Max and than turned to Michael, "No offence man. I like you, but I don't want to be a member of any club where you're the leader."

Sarah tried to stifle a laugh. Michael's only response was to glare.

"Ok, so back to what happened on Antar." Isabel suggested.

"Right," Paul continued. "Kivar is a cross breed. He had a solar father and a skin mother.

Most Antareans stick to their own race. There is some mixed bondings but not usually. His father just looked at the relationship as a mistake and left, turning his back on Kivar and his mother. Kivar always thought he deserved more than he got and so he decided to start an uprising. The skins who were tired of being the lower class followed him. Zan wasn?t suppose to become king for a few more years but when his father went on a trip to see what he could do about the uprising he was assassinated and there for forcing Zan to take over. They were desperate to try and close ranks and ensure an heir to the throne so they pressed Zan to get
married. He didn't want to but soon it was arranged for him to marry Ava, a princess from a neighboring planet. They hoped that with the marriage it would ensure the planet?s help to fight Kivar. They got married. They had been married for about a month I guess when the attack came. Kivar had talked to Vilandra, well in away seduced her and got her to believe he wanted peace. She brought him to one of the strategy meetings. These meetings had the king and queen, the second in command and all other important people to Antar. He killed them all and took over the throne. Zan's mother was able to escape and began the plan to send you all to earth. Zan had always said the place called to him and that is why you were sent here. It was decided to send the Granolith to Earth as well to keep it safe from Kivar. So the plan was made to send two sets of pods one set to come back and take the throne and the other to guard the Granolith until it was safe to take it back to Antar."

"So we're expected to go back." Isabel stated.

"No, the other set would take back the throne and then come back to Earth for the Granolith, at which time Max who is the only one who can control the Granolith would transfer the power to the new king."

"So we can't go back?" Michael asked a fringe of disappointment coating his words.

"You could if you wanted. Since the other set is dead Max could claim the title of king. Although I will tell you that earth is a much better place."

"So you lived on Antar?" Maria asked.

"Yes, I did. I was in the protector academy, kind of like training to be part of the secret service, when the war happened. They decided to send down one protector for each set of pods."

Michael interrupted, "So you are one of those protectors."

"No, they knew that this atmosphere would be hard on the protectors body so they needed someone young enough who would volunteer to be genetically altered and put in a pod to be sent to earth. That the shape shifters base form would age as humans do. I volunteered. My parents had been killed in the siege of the city and so I felt like I had nothing to lose. So there were eight pods sent with a protector each and then my pod with a protector. Each protector was supposed to set up the pods and then stay with them to teach you your mission and the ways of Earth, but with the crash happened things got a little hectic I guess. My protector was supposed to set up my pod and then go and join the other protector with the set in New York . Nasedo was supposed to set up your pods and then come and wait for me. Nasedo and I were to take care of the four of you. Due to the effect of this atmosphere on his body, Nasedo would only live until you were all about twenty. At which time I would become your sole protector. I'm not sure what happened to the other protectors but it is my understanding Nasedo and I were the only ones to survive."

There was a silence over the group, each one digesting the new information. Michael was the first one to speak anger dripping off his words. "So if you were supposed to protect us where the HELL have you been?"

"Michael." Max reprimanded.

"No, it's ok Max. He has every right to be upset. The simple answer is I thought you all were dead."

"Nasedo knew we weren't."

"Yes, well the two of us parted ways a long time ago."

"Meaning?" Maria implored.

"I came out of my pods about thirteen years before you all did. I looked like a normal 17 year old and had full memory of my life before. Nasedo was waiting for me and taught me the ways of this world. I had fake documentation giving me an identity. Nasedo stayed with me for about six years before he told me he had some things to take care of and so I set up in Albuquerque taking some business classes at a community college.
We kept in touch but I don't know what he did during that time. He just told me he wanted me to get established so that I could take care of you all when you emerged from your pods. Laurie was working at a local bookstore to pay for nursing school at UNM. The first time I saw her I fell in love with her." Paul stopped as if lost in the memory.

"I tried to stay away but I couldn't. Nasedo hated that I loved her and was beyond upset when we started dating but I didn't care. I eventually told her. Shortly after that I asked her to marry me and she said yes. Nasedo was not happy. I told him it would be good for you all to have a mother. He didn't see it that way. He thought all humans were vile. It was a constant argument between us. When Laurie and I got married Nasedo didn't talk to me for a while. Soon we found out she was pregnant and of course Nasedo looked at this as a horrible thing. The two of us didn?t talk except when it pertained to our mission. Nasedo told me we would stay at the pod camber until you all were born and then bring you to me, but he claims that when he got there the only one left was Ava or Tess. I told him to go to the closest city to see if he could sense you. As protectors we can sense who are part of the royal four. I had never really developed the skill so I was unsure if I would be able to find you. He told me that he had a lead in Texas and that he was taking Tess with him. I heard from him sporadically but that was it. I decided to try and build apartment buildings in Roswell , which is what I had been doing in Albuquerque because I thought that you might be there and I was hoping to find you, however I got called away on business. While I was there, I got the call about Laurie. It....I..." Paul swallowed to try and get his composure back.

It still hurt after all these years.

Sarah picked up for him. "Nesado told him that he found you all but that you were dead. Being the mental state after my mother's death he wasn't thinking clearly and so he believed it and decided to be done with the whole alien thing. He always suspected that Nesado had killed her but he had no proof, until she was found in the wall. The two of us went back to Albuquerque and lived there in peace until we had been notified that someone had found my mother's body. When we got to Roswell to uh, get the body he felt you."

"Felt us?" Isabel asked.

"Yes, I did. It gets stronger as your powers develop." Paul was now able to continue.

"Then why were you staring at Liz?" Max asked the one question that had bugged him since he met Paul Dupree.

"I got a vibe from her. That she was the king's mate, I was trying to figure out how when I also knew she was human. I wasn't getting the feelings I would get from Tess. Then when you came in and I saw how protective of her you were I knew that you were Zan and you had apparently claimed a human as you mate. Whether it was intentional or not."

"The book said we were supposed to take human mates." Max stated.

"You are. I just didn't expect for it to happen so soon and the fact that the feelings were so strong. They shouldn't have been that strong unless you were bonded or married."

"Were you the one that killed Tess?" Kyle asked.

"Yes, in away when Max chose Liz and Liz accepted him she then became like the queen so although I still had protective instincts towards Tess the ones I had for Liz were stronger."

"How did you know we were in trouble?" Max asked.

"Once I knew you were alive I listened to the part of me that could sense you. I felt Liz's fear and Max's despair. I came to see what was going on and came upon you in the warehouse."

"Who's Peter?" Max asked.

"That would be me. I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable Liz. I didn?t know I was starting to until Sarah told me. I was still trying to figure out why I was getting such a strong sense of you. It got stronger since the spring. Even though Max chose you as his mate because you are human I shouldn't get these feelings the only thing I can come up with is that the two of you must be so connected that it makes it stronger."

There was a loud knock on the front door causing all of the teens to tense up. Paul looked at the clock.

"Liz, that would most likely be your parents." Paul said and than turned to the rest of the group. "You all parked in the back correct?"

He got nods.

"Ok, than go on and get out of here before they realize everyone is here."

The group scurried to the back door as quickly as possible. Max brought up the rear his hand clutching Liz's not ready to let her go. He stopped at the back door and pulled her into his arms.

"I'll see you at school." Max whispered.

Liz nodded against his chest.

"I love you."

"I love you too." She reached up and kissed him hungrily.

"Liz!" At Sarah?s desperate voice they broke the kiss.

"Bye." Max whispered. Their hands clinging to one another until the last moment. Liz shut the door and tried to get her composure back. She shouldn't feel like crying every time he left her but she did. She just didn't feel whole without him anymore. She felt someone touch her shoulder.

"Liz?" Sarah hesitantly asked.

"I'm ok." Liz said with a fake smile that even Sarah saw through. They heard voices coming from the living room. Liz took a deep breath and then put on her best nothing is wrong face and went to greet her parents.

^^^^^^
Let me know what you think.
m_groupie
Enthusiastic Roswellian

pt. 7

Post by m_groupie »

Zanity
Natalie36
angeleyes
katydid
thetvgeneral: You’re the best beta.
Thanks for the feedback all.

Disclaimer: I stole some ideas from the show. I may have also stolen lines but I’m not sure. I haven’t seen the episode in a long time and I don’t have it so I was just doing it from memory. I think the episode was Significant Others.

Pt. 7

Liz could hear the muffled angry voices of her parents arguing.

It had become a common thing in the Parker household and Liz couldn’t help but feel guilty for it. It wasn’t like she had never heard her parents argue before it was just that it didn’t happen that often. The worst part was that recently most of their arguments were about her and she hated it.

She grabbed her two cell phones to put in her bag to take to school. She couldn’t help but smile about it.

She had finally gotten off of restriction and therefore had her regular cell phone back, although her parents assured her that they would be looking at the numbers that she dialed and that she received, in case Max tried to contact her.

The thing they didn’t know was that the week that Max’s punishment was lifted she found a cell phone in her locker along with a note saying that she should expect a call from a dark haired, mystery man from an exotic place around ten that night.

Those phone calls had become her life line. They would talk about nothing and everything and sometimes would just listen to each other breathing, taking comfort in the fact that the other person was just on the other line. She had asked Max about the payment for the phone but his response was not to worry about it.

The minute she walked into the kitchen her parents stopped yelling at each other. Even if she hadn’t heard the arguing, she would have known that they were at odds with each other by the fact that they wouldn’t look at one another or even acknowledge that the other was there.

Liz tried to eat as fast as possible so that she could leave. She just couldn’t take the angry silence.

Paul/Peter walked in the lunch area glad that this would be his last week as a high school student. The school had been informed that his "parents" had now settled down and were ready for him to come live with them again.

He spotted Michael sitting alone and decided to join him.

"So where, is everyone else?" Paul/Peter asked once he had taken a seat.

"Maria and Alex took Liz off campus to ‘eat’ and Isabel just had to have Max ‘drive her home’ for something," Michael replied.

Paul had to chuckle. He wondered if the Parkers knew that Max and Liz had done anything but stop seeing each other.

He had tried to request that Liz come and "work" for him as late as possible just so that she and Max could spend a few precious hours together. They were never truly alone during these times and it didn’t happen that often because Max worked overtime for Brody to pay for
Liz’s cell phone, but at least it was something.

Now that they both no longer had to "work" for him their time together was even less than before.

"Why aren’t you sitting with your kid?" Michael rudely asked. He didn’t know this guy very well and he didn’t like being disturbed.

"Well, Sarah thinks it’s creepy having her father as a teenager so I try and stay way from her."

Michael snorted.

After a lengthy bout of silence Michael asked, "Explain to me how this communication device works again?"

The group had found out at one of their meetings with Paul that he did have a way to communicate with Antar, but it was complicated. The message he had received was that Kal, the equivalent to Zan’s cousin, had started an uprising against Kivar and was winning important battles.

"It’s like e-mail only it takes about a month for a message to get sent and received."

"So why don’t you send a message so we can find out what’s going on and find out if Kivar is going to lash out at us. You keep on saying we need to watch out for that."

"The problem is that when the receiver is used it sends out a type of energy wave that can be detected by the government. Because of how large it is, it would cause some suspicion and they would come and investigate and I don’t have to tell you how bad that would be right now."

Michael shoved part of his sandwich into his mouth and ignored Paul for the rest of his lunch break.

Kyle plopped down on a seat at Sarah’s table. She glanced at him and than returned to reading her book.

"So how’s it going?"

"It’s going." Sarah replied. She felt a little odd, this was the first time Kyle had ever approached her when the others weren’t around.

"So why aren’t you sitting with the group?"

"Uh, most of the group isn’t here."

"I know but what about Michael? Wait! Forget I said that, sitting with him would ruin your appetite."

Sarah chuckled a little.

"What? My original point was, why don’t you sit with everyone on a daily basis? You’re usually off reading your book."

"I didn’t want to impose." Which was true. Although she wanted to get to know them and become friends she didn’t want them to feel like they had to include her. Besides due to her alien heritage she never really had any good friends and was use to just sitting alone reading her book.

"You wouldn’t be imposing. You’re one of us." Kyle tried to argue.

Sarah’s only response was to shrug her shoulders.

"Next time we are all here, well in two groups since Liz and Max can’t sit together, you are going to join us."

"Excuse me?" Sarah asked incredulously. No one was going to tell her what to do no matter how cute they were.

"That’s right you won’t be able to make any kind of excuse. If I see you over here reading a book I will make a big scene and drag you over."

"And what if I turn you into a frog?"

"Then I’ll be the cutest and most athletic frog in the pond."

His response was corny but she still had to laugh. Maybe life in Roswell would be everything she wanted it to be.

Maria sat alone under a tree eating her lunch and sulked. She had driven off campus and circled back around and parked in a secluded part of the school property that no one ever went to. Max had done the same.

They had both parked a good distance from each other so that no passer by would become suspicious. Liz didn’t want to take the chance of her parents finding out and with good reason. They had both over heard the Parkers talking about sending Liz away. They couldn’t let that happen but Max and Liz couldn’t stay away from each other so here she was eating her lunch alone.

Once they all got there, Max and Liz had headed off in their own direction and so had Isabel and Alex. Liz had a good reason for ditching her but Alex didn’t. It wasn’t like he and Isabel never got to see each other.

So much for friendship she thought.

Max and Liz sat under a giant tree that had bushes on either side giving them a secluded area where no one could see them. Liz was snuggled up against Max’s side just enjoying being near him.

Max had one arm wrapped securely around Liz while the other ran through her hair. He could tell something was bothering her. He just didn’t know what.

They talked on the phone all the time but he didn’t want to have this kind of conversation over the phone. The rare moments that they were actually together were filled mostly with their physical need for each other.

"Liz?" Max finally asked.

"Humm?"

"What’s wrong?"

"Nothing."

"I can feel it, Liz. Something is really bothering you."

"It’s stupid. I’m fine. Really."

"Liz if it has you this upset then it’s not stupid."

She was going to argue that she was ok but knew there was no point. Max could feel her emotions most of the time so there was no hiding from one another.

"I just don’t want to burden you with it."

"You’re not going to burden me. I can handle it." He tilted her chin up so that he could look into her eyes.

"It’s just my parents, they have been arguing so much lately and it’s all my fault."

"How is it your fault?"

"Because it’s almost always about me. I’m not sure over what exactly but
I have heard my name and yours several times. I hate that I’m causing a rift between my parents. As much as it might hurt, I can handle not be close to them because they can’t understand us, but some how it’s different when my choices start to affect their marriage."

Once it was all out, she did feel better but it still seemed like a stupid thing to worry about.

Max felt the guilt wash over him. It was his fault that Liz’s family life was falling down around her.

"Liz, I’m sor.."

Liz cut him off, "Don’t even say it. This is not your fault. That’s one of the reasons I didn’t want to tell you in the first place."

"But..." He tried again.

She cut him off, "No."

"Ok. Fine it’s not my fault. Can I still feel bad that this whole thing is affecting you this way?"

"Yeah, I guess."

Liz leaned up for a kiss when her cell phone began to ring.

"Yeah?"

Maria’s voice came over the line, "Liz, it’s time to go. So you and lover boy get your clothes back on." With that the line went dead.

"Maria?" Max asked. He didn’t know what she said but it most likely had to do with sex if Liz’s blush was any indication.

"Yeah, it’s time to go."

Max walked toward the Crash Down with determination. If he could just get her parents to understand then maybe the arguing would stop.

Part of him knew that it would be a fight he was going to lose but he had to try for Liz. He would do anything for her.

He walked into the Café and saw Jeff Parker working behind the counter and headed straight for him.

Before he could even open his mouth Jeff yelled, "Get out!"

The Café instantly became quiet as everyone stopped and stared at the
scene unfolding before them.

"Mr. Parker if I could just talk to you. I..."

Jeff didn’t let him finish, "I don’t care. Get out."

"Mr. Parker, I just want a chance to talk to you." Max pleaded.

"I don’t want to talk to you. Now get out."

The minute that Max had walked in the door Maria had run into the back break room to get Liz. Her father’s raised voice had alerted her to Max’s presence in the Café before Maria had even opened her mouth.

She ran out into the eating area and stepped between her angry father and her pleading boyfriend.

"Dad stop!" Liz stated firmly.

"Liz stay out of it." Her father demanded.

"Mr. Parker." Max tried again.

"I want you to leave now." Jeff’s tone was low and even. It sent chills up and down Liz’s spine. For the first time in her life she was afraid of her father. Max felt her fear and was instantly on alert.

He made a move to step between Liz and her father, but before he could Liz turned and placed her hand on his chest forcing him to look at her.

"It’s ok Max. Just go."

"Liz.."

Liz shook her head slightly. Begging with her eyes for him to understand that it would be better if he just left.

He glanced back at Jeff, "Fine I’m going."

He slowly turned and left the Café.

"Liz get back to work." Jeff ordered.

"I’m taking my break."

She ignored her father call out for her as she went through the swinging door in the back of the Café.

Jeff started to go after her but was stopped by Maria’s voice.

"I wouldn’t do that if I were you."

"Stay out of it Maria." Jeff once again headed for the back but Maria followed him. She stopped him by the stairs that lead to the apartment.

"You know your acting like a selfish child. Max came in here wanting to talk to you like an adult and you acted like a brat."

"I don’t want him anywhere near Liz. He’s a danger to her. I won’t let him corrupt my child."

"All you’re really doing Mr. Parker is pushing her away. Who do you think she is going to choose if you force the issue?" She paused for a moment letting him think about it before she continued. "I’ll go check on Liz."

Maria found a frustrated Liz pacing in her bedroom. She quietly came into the room and sat down on the bed waiting for Liz to speak.

She didn’t have to wait long. "What was he thinking coming here?"

"That he loves you and you were hurting and so he was going to try and fix it for you like he always does."

"What if he made it worse? Didn’t he realize that he would be making it worse?"

"No, because he most likely didn’t know how unreasonable your parents were being. I didn’t even know until I saw what happened today. Besides you know Max if you’re hurting he will do anything in his power to make it better and damn the consequences."

The anger she had been feeling moments before fled her body until she was just filled with a sense of total helplessness. She sat down next to Maria suddenly feeling exhausted.

"I know and it’s one of the things I love the most about him. It’s just this whole thing is getting to me. I want.....I want to be 18 already so my parents don’t have so much control over me. Then I could see Max and not worry about it."

"You’ll be 18 in the beginning of January. It’s not that far off."

"Right now it feels like forever. Why is it that we have to fight so hard to be together? That it has to be so complicated?"

"Because he’s your soul mate and like Grandma Claudia said if it isn’t complicated he most likely isn’t your soul mate."

"I know. Thanks for reminding me."

Liz laid her head down on Maria’s shoulder.

"Hey, that’s what I’m here for."

Max laid on his bed unable to sleep. What had he been thinking going over to the Café and trying to talk to the Parkers?

He just hoped he hadn’t made the situation worse. Liz told him about the possibility of a boarding school.

He didn’t know what he would do if she was sent away. It was hard enough not being able to touch her, be with her. He couldn’t even image what it would feel like to be that far away from her.

He was broken from his thoughts by a knock on his window. It was probably Michael coming over to berate him over his stunt earlier or complain about Maria. Either way he wanted to ignore it.

When there came a second knock he knew it couldn’t be Michael, because by this point he would have just let himself in. When he opened his window, he was surprised to see Liz there.

"Liz, what are you doing here?" He questioned as he helped her through the window.

"I wanted to talk to you."

He led her over to the bed and they both sat down facing one another. He absentmindedly began to rub her knee with his hand.

"I’m sorry for being snippy with you this afternoon. It’s just this whole situation is getting to me."

"You weren’t being snippy, Liz. I shouldn’t have come. I just want to try and fix it."

"I know and thank you for trying. It means a lot to me. You were just trying to help me like you always do. It’s one of the things I love about you."

"So you’re not mad?" Max hesitantly asked.

"At you? No. At my father? Yes. He was out of line and acted like a child."

"I wish we weren’t in this mess."

He kissed her softly and then rested his forehead against hers.

"I’ll be 18 soon and then it won’t matter."

"Yeah, and then everything we um do will be legal." He smirked.

"Well, technically you were only born about 12 years ago so wouldn’t that make you the minor once I turn 18?"

"I guess that’s true Mrs. Robinson."

Liz leaned over her balcony and waved at Max one more time. She had only spent about an hour at his house but she felt better already.

It didn’t last long. As she slipped through her window, her bedroom was suddenly bathed in light.

"Have fun?" Her mother asked in an even tone.

"Uhh.."

"Don’t even try to lie to me Liz. I know where you were. I’m not as stupid as you might think."

"I don’t think you’re stupid."

"Then why are you still sneaking around with Max?"

"Because we love each other."

"How Romeo and Juliet of you. I’m not going to tell your father about this, but I would recommend not sneaking out any more you won’t like the consequences that will come if you get caught again."

Liz nodded her head, not sure what else to do.

"Good, now go to sleep you have school in the morning."

^^^^^^
Let me know what you all think.
m_groupie
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by m_groupie »

AN: Thanks for all the feedback guys. It means a lot to me. It seems that everyone thinks the Parkers are being unreasonable and I agree they are. It gets worse in this part. There is a reason for their actions, not a good one, but there is one. It will be explained in later parts. I hope you all enjoy this.

Disclaimer: I stole an idea and lines from MGAGSC episode. And I stole an idea from the episode Ch-Ch-Changes

Pt. 8

Liz started to serve some tourists their food. She could tell exactly what they were by the wide-eyed fascination they seemed to have with all things dealing with aliens. She wondered if Roswell would be such a popular tourist spot if they knew real aliens lived there.

"Orbit rings?" Liz asked.

A man raised his hand and she passed him the food.

The alien above the table began to move his hand back and forth. Liz was momentarily distracted.

"Uh....Galaxy Sub?"

A woman raised her hand and Liz passed her the order.

The words I miss you came out of the alien’s mouth. Liz looked around to see if anyone else was paying attention. The words than switched to I want you. She knew the messages were coming from Max, she could feel him; she just didn’t know where he was.

"Um...an Asteroid salad?"

Liz passed it off to the man and looked around to see if she could find Max.

Once again the words changed. I’m in the kitchen.

A smile broke out on Liz’s face. Her customers were not amused by her obvious distraction.

"And a Wolf wrap."

Liz passed off the last dish.

"Is everything here good for you guys?" Liz asked but she wasn’t paying attention to the answer. "Good. Great. I’ll be right back with your drinks."

Liz rushed into the kitchen, and as she rounded the corner two familiar arms wrapped around her. Lips crashed down onto hers with urgency. She eagerly responded. Throwing her arms around his neck and opening her mouth to allow him easier access.

"Hi." Liz breathed as they finally broke apart.

"I miss you." He whispered.

Their mouths met in another heated kiss.

"I know I miss you too, but we are meeting tonight." Liz pointed out. She began to kiss down his neck.

"I couldn't wait." Max all but moaned.

"My dad is right in the other room." Liz sucked gently at the base of his neck leaving a red mark behind.

"I..uh..know." Max took a deep breath trying to concentrate on what she was saying instead of Liz’s ministrations. "I saw him."

"Liz?!" They both heard her dad call out.

"You have to go."

"I know." Max pulled her back for another kiss.

"Come on." She pulled him toward the back door. She kissed him one more time and than pushed him out the door just as her dad came through the other.

"Liz?"

"Yeah, Dad?"

"What were you doing?"

"Uh, taking out the trash. Why?"

"Um, nothing just get back to your customers."

"Maria, why are we here?" Liz asked as they pulled into the Deluca's driveway.

She thought the plan was for Maria to take her to Michael's where she would meet up with Max. Then Maria and Michael were going to leave and go to Maria's place since Maria's mom was on a date with the sheriff.

"A change of location." Maria explained. "Michael said that his place was no longer allowed to be used as "the horn dog lounge" since he found some kind of questionable substance on his couch."

Liz's face turned bright red as got out of the car. "What are you talking about?"

"Michael, claims that the last time the two of you were at his place he found some kind of white stain on his couch."

"It was probably milk." Liz explained.

Liz knew that's exactly what it was. She had had a glass of milk in her hand when Max had decided it would be a good time to kiss her. During the attack her milk went flying everywhere. Max had tried to clean it up but apparently he missed a spot.

Maria gave her a yeah right look at they walked into the house.

"What it was!" Liz said indigently. "Max and I had oreos and milk and at one point we spilled some."

"Whatever you say."

"It was!" Liz insisted.

"Huh, just make sure there is no spilling of the milk in this house. You know my mom, she would kill me."

"It was milk!" Liz said again.

"Just keep telling yourself that." Maria teased.

"Maria!"

"Ok fine it was milk. But I am serious about the no sex thing; my mom has a six sense about that kind of thing."

"Ok, no sex. I promise."

"Thank you."

A knock at the back door stopped Liz from continuing the conversation. Maria opened the door and let Max in.

"Come on spaceboy let’s go." Maria ordered as she pushed Michael out the door.

"Hey." Max whispered and pulled Liz into a tight embrace.

"Hi. So did Michael tell you why..." She couldn't finish. She was too embarrassed.

Max turned red to the tips of his ears, "Yes, I tried to tell him it was just milk but he wouldn't listen."

"What if someone sees the jeep here?" Liz asked as she led him into the living room and sat down on the couch.

"Michael has it. So we're all alone whatever should we do?"

"I promised Maria no sex. Her mom can sense that kind of thing."

"But we can still watch a cheesy movie and make out right?"

"Yeah."

Liz got up to find something to put on.

"Have you parents been getting along better?" Max asked.

It had been two and half weeks since she had told him about the arguments between her parents. He knew it worried her. He just hoped that they had stopped.

"Yeah, I think my mom has just decided to let whatever it was to go for now."

Liz popped the first tape she found into the VCR and went back to the couch.

"Now, about that making out." Liz smiled and turned towards Max.

Liz had a big smile on her face as she walked though the Crashdown. She had just had a wonderful night with Max. They had talked, made out, and even felt each other up a little. Overall it was a great night and she began to feel that this sneaking around thing wasn't so bad.

The smile didn't last however when she saw both of her parents sitting on their living room couch obviously waiting for her to come home.

"Liz, why don't you take a seat." Her mother said.

Liz sat down, her back perfectly straight, ready for the fight ahead. For the first time she noticed the three items on the coffee table: the cell phone Max had given her, her birth control pills, and her history quiz which she happened to have gotten a 67% on.

She knew all of the things had been in her book bag which could only mean one thing.

"You went through my things?" Liz demanded.

"No," Her mother explained. "You left your book bag in the living room. I was going to take it to your room for you but apparently it wasn't zipped up and these things fell out. Care to explain?"

Oh, she could explain all right. The cell was so that she and the love of her life could talk to one another since her parents were acting like petulant children. The birth control pills were so that she and the fore mentioned love of her life wouldn't become parents before they were ready. And the "D" on the quiz was a result of not being able to review the material during study hall because she was spending much needed time with her boyfriend. For which she wouldn't have needed to do if her parents weren't being so idiotic.

Although she didn't think they would appreciate that explanation.

"What? You don't have anything to say?" Her father asked.

Liz just stared at them.

"You know what these things tell me Liz?" Jeff didn't wait for a response. "That you have become his little play thing."

"Jeff!" Nancy exclaimed.

"What? It's true. She has a phone so that he can call her up anytime he wants to get in her pants. She is taking the pill so she doesn't get pregnant thank God. And her grades are slipping because she is to busy meeting his hormonal desires to pay attention to her studies."

"Jeff, that is uncalled for." Nancy objected.

"If you want to know," Liz finally came to her own defense. "That quiz was a hard one and the average for the class was a 43%. The phone is from,
Max but that is not so he can call to "get in my pants." It's because besides being boyfriend/girlfriend we also happen to be best friends and enjoy talking to one another. It was his way of showing me that besides all of the things we were dealing with, we still had each other."

"And what about the pills? Are you going to tell me that they aren't birth control?" Jeff taunted.

"No." Liz stated.

"Liz are you sleeping with him?" Nancy calmly asked.

"Yes." Liz answered knowing there was no point in hiding it.

"See NancY. Damn it I knew it." Jeff stormed.

Nancy ignored her husband's outbursts. "Liz, I commend you for taking precautions but you do know that it's not just pregnancy that you have to worry about. There are STDs and..."

Liz cut her off, "We were each others first."

"You can't be sure of that Liz. You don't know what he did with his other girlfriends." Nancy tried to reason.

"He has never had any other girlfriends. I'm the only one he has ever wanted." Liz said. A small smile graced her lips at that thought.

"Liz, that doesn't mean that he still couldn't carry something."

"We're fine Mom. Trust me."

"I guess that's the problem Liz I'm not sure if I can. I have been on your side overlooking the small stuff. I have even tried to reason with your father about maybe letting you see Max again, but now I'm not so sure if that is a good idea. You know the pill isn't full proof. You wouldn't want to end up like Laurina Strunk, pregnant and alone trying to raise a baby. All her dreams down the tubes."

"Max would never leave me, especially if I was pregnant."

"You don't know that for sure." Jeff once again joined the conversation.

"Yes, I do. He hasn't left me yet has he? Most boys would cut and run after what you two have put us through."

"Of course he's not going to leave as long as he gets what he wants. Liz, why can't you see he's no good for you?"

"Max won’t leave me. Hopefully the two of you will figure that out before Max and I have been married for 25 years with a bunch of kids."

Jeff was about to retort when Nancy held up her hand signaling for him to stop. This conversation was getting them no where and they had other things to discuss.

"Liz, this isn't the only reason that we wanted to talk to you."

"Ok." Liz wearily replied.

"Well, as you know I have been out of town a lot on my job and well my boss has offered me a temporary position in one of the offices in the business we're merging with."

"Ok.." Liz murmured ready for the bomb to drop.

"It's in Lubbock, Texas ."

"We're moving?!" Liz shrieked.

"Yes." Nancy replied.

"How could you do this to me?" Liz demanded.

"We aren't doing anything to you." Jeff claimed. "This is an excellent opportunity for your mother and for our family. Your mother will be making double what she is making now so we can put more away for your college education. Plus there is an excellent private school there that you will attend. 25 percent of their students go to top universities in the country and they have a 100 percent college acceptance rate. This could be your ticket to Harvard."

"Maybe I don't want to go to Harvard anymore." Liz replied.

"Don't be ridiculous Liz. It has been your dream since you were five."

"No, it's been your dream. I just went along with it."

"Liz," Nancy broke in before the argument could really take hold. "Even if you don't want to go to Harvard, this school is an excellent opportunity for you. You'll be challenged. Something that you don't get here."

"I don't care. All of my friends are here. People I have grown up with.
How can you take me out of school my senior year and send me to a place where I won't know anybody?"

"You will know someone. My new boss is very nice and so is his family.
His daughter is your age and goes to Winnamen Academy ."

"So what I'm supposed to become best friends with her now because she is your boss's daughter?"

"Liz, that is not what I meant and you know it. Now let’s talk about this reasonably."

"Fine. When are we leaving?"

"Two weeks." Nancy replied

"That's it? The semester won’t even be over yet." Liz roared.

"It will be plenty of time for you to get things wrapped up at school."

"What about the Crashdown?"

"Well, as you know my sister has decided to divorce her husband and well things have been stressful for her, so she is going to come stay here and run the café or me until we come back." Nancy explained.

"Why can't I stay with Aunt Cora?" Liz pleaded.

"Because we want you with us Liz." Nancy said.

"And to keep you away from that boy." Jeff muttered. He didn't think Liz could hear him but she could.

"So this is all about keeping me away from Max?" Liz snapped.

At Nancy 's slightly guilty look Liz knew it was true. It may not be the only reason but it was one of them at least for her father.

"What if I refuse to go?" Liz questioned.

"You can't. You're under 18." Jeff explained.

"Not for long." Liz mumbled.

"Liz, we only want to do what is best for you." Nancy stated.

"What's best for me?" Liz sputtered. "The two of you have no idea what is best for me. What's best for me is to stay here where I have people who love me and look out for me. What's best for me is to be with Max, but the two of you are so busy trying to control me that you can't see that."

"That's not true Liz." Nancy argued.

"Yes it is or at least it is for dad and you’re just letting him do it." Liz pointed out.

Neither one of her parents responded. She just felt so frustrated and helpless. It was like trying to explain something to a brick wall.

"You know what? This is pointless. I'm out of here."

Max could feel Liz’s anger and frustration building for the last half hour. He was getting antsy trying to figure out what was wrong. He tried to call her cell but it went right to voice mail. When a sense of utter helplessness came over him, he knew she needed him.

Liz walked aimlessly around the streets of Roswell .

She hated not being in control. She hated feeling helpless. But there was nothing she could do about it. Her parents were going to make her go and she knew there was nothing she could do to change their minds. She didn't know how she was going to break it to everyone. They had all become so close and been through so much. She just wouldn’t feel right without them all there.

And what about Max? The two of them could hardly stay away from each other now. The emptiness that engulfed them when the other was not around was suffocating. She couldn’t image what was going to happen when they wouldn’t be able see each other for weeks maybe even months?

She could see head lights in the distance and then heard the familiar roar of the jeep engine.

She stopped walking and waited. He parked the jeep and rushed towards her.

"Liz?" He asked as pulled her into his arms.

She clung to him trying pull strength from him.

"Just, get me away from here, please."

"Sure, baby. Whatever you want."

He helped her into the jeep and took off towards the desert.

Max laid out the blankets and pillows on the ground of the pod chamber.

He had started to leave them there over the summer for his and Liz’s impromptu visits to the desert when they need some time alone.

Liz still hadn't told him what was wrong and each moment that passed with her silence made him worry more. He could feel so many emotions come from her it was hard to concentrate, but the one that was most prominent was fear. She was afraid of something, but he just didn’t know what. He pulled her down onto the blanket with him and wrapped his arms securely around her trying to give her comfort.

"They found the cell phone you gave me and my birth control pills."

Max didn’t say anything.

"We got into an argument. They told me I would get pregnant and then you would leave me."

"That’s not true." Max emphatically replied.

"I know it’s not." Liz lifted her head off of his chest and kissed him to reassure him. "My dad basically said you were using me for sex and I was a whore."

She felt his body stiffen and his anger shot through her.

"I can’t believe he said that to you. He’s your father!" Max exclaimed.

"It’s ok Max. He was just angry."

"No, he had no right to say that about you."

"Max, please calm down." Liz begged.

He took a few deep breaths and waited for her to continue. He knew there had to be more.

"I then found out that.....well we’re moving?"

"To where?" Max asked cautiously.

"Lubbock , Texas ."

"Shit." Max muttered and pulled her closer to him.

"I don’t want to go but I have no say because I’m under 18. My parents think this is a great opportunity for me. There is a private school there that is supposed to be so wonderful. My mom's new boss’s kid goes there. They think it will be so great for me there, but I don’t want to go. I can’t leave you." Liz sobbed.

"Shh, Liz. We'll work something out. We’ll run away if we have to. I won’t lose you."

"We can’t Max. As much as I want to we can’t. My parents could have me picked up for running away or you arrested for kidnaping. We just can’t."

"They can’t just make you leave in the middle of your senior year. What about the Crashdown?"

"My aunt from Florida is going to look after the place for the year that my parents will be gone."

Neither spoke for a few minutes. They just clung to one another trying to absorb as much of the other person as they could.

"What am I going to do without you?" Max whispered breaking the silence.

"You won’t be without me. We’ll call each other every day and write e-mails and there's instant messaging. We’ll find a way."

"I know but it won’t be the same. I won’t be able to hold you or see you or..." Max trailed off not sure how to explain what he was feeling. Why couldn’t her parents just understand?

"I know, but we only have to wait until January 27th and then I will be on the first bus back to Roswell . They can’t stop me once I turn 18."

"I’m going to miss you so much."

"I’m going to miss you too. I love you."

"And I love you." He replied.

He leaned down and gently pressed his lips to hers. The kiss was filled with pain and longing. He ran his tongue along her bottom lip asking for entrance which she gladly gave.

Hands began to roam and clothes became discarded. They worshiped each others bodies. Taking their time. Kissing every possible place, they could. Max gently parted her legs and slipped between them, positioning himself to enter her. Her arms were wrapped around his neck. He braced himself on his elbows. Max had his hands on either side of her head with his thumbs gently pushing her hair away from her forehead. He looked down into her sparkling eyes and slowly pushed into her.

Their rhythm was slow at first but soon picked up as their emotions rushed through them. The flashes came upon them quickly. They rushed past so fast that they couldn’t identify what they were of. He pushed into her one more time before they both let go. A bright light exploded around them. Their orgasms washed over them. Their eyes were closed in ecstasy. Max collapsed on top her trying to regain his breath.

"That was...wow." Liz murmured.

"Yeah." Max agreed.

He slowly rolled over with Liz on top. Never pulling out of her. He blindly reached for the extra blanket and pulled it over them. Liz’s eyes slowly started to drift shut, but she tried to fight it, not wanting to give up a moment with Max not even for sleep.

"Sleep, love." Max whispered. "I'll be here when you wake up."

Max had one hand wrapped around her securely while the other ran through her hair gently lulling her to sleep.

Liz had fallen asleep hours ago, but sleep still evaded Max. He just couldn’t get his mind to rest. He desperately tried to find away for her to stay but nothing he came up with seemed plausible.

He honestly contemplated running away but he knew they couldn’t do that. Their families, money, school, were all things that prevented that option from being a possibility. He knew there was no way to talk sense into Jeff Parker. He was being completely irrational for whatever reason.

Max didn’t want to face it but the fact of the matter was that he and Liz were going to be separated for a long period of time.

Max glanced at his watch and saw that it 7:36 in the morning. He knew the Parkers most likely called his parents. He and Liz would be luckily if half of Roswell wasn’t looking for them already.

Max looked down at Liz’s sleeping face. She looked so peaceful that he hated to wake her, but he knew they had to get going.

"Liz." He gently whispered.

She tried to snuggle more into him.

"Liz." He called again this time gently shaking her.

Her eyes slowly opened. She turned her face toward his and gave him a sleepy smile.

"Morning." She whispered. Her voice still laced with sleep.

"Morning." He whispered back and kissed her lips gently.

"What time his it?" She asked.

"7:40. As much as I don’t want to we need to go back."

"I know." She replied dejectedly. She didn’t want to go back and face her parents again.

She just wanted to stay in Max's arms forever.

He sat up pulling her with him. He smiled at her appearance, naked with bed hair and sleepy eyes. Oh, how he loved her. He grabbed her clothes from along their make shift bed and helped her dress. She did the same for him. He ran his hands through her hair straightening it and than placed his hands over her mouth refreshing it as if she had brushed her teeth. He than did the same to himself.

No words were exchanged as they finished cleaning up and getting into the jeep. Words weren’t needed.

Max parked the jeep about a block down from the Café. He could see his parents? SUV parked outside. A sense of deja vu from the night they found the orb came over him. That meeting with the parents had ended in both of them getting grounded. He hoped the outcome of this one would be a little better.

They walked hand in hand up to the café Max paused at the door and looked down at Liz.

He gave her hand a tight squeeze. She gave him a reassuring smile in return.

Max pulled the door open allowing Liz to precede him in. They both stopped right by the door taking in the scene before them. All four of the parents sat at one of the tables drinking coffee.

Diane had a look of sympathy on her face while Philip just looked a little frustrated. Both of the Parkers however looked fairly pissed.

"Where were you?" Jeff demanded.

"In the desert. We had some things to talk about." Liz answered perfectly calm.

"In the desert. That’s all you have to say. Your father and I were worried sick." Nancy exclaimed.

"You knew I was with Max. You shouldn't have been worried."

"Yeah, well that’s up for debate. You're lucky we didn’t call the cops and have you picked up for running away." Jeff snapped. He stood up and took a step toward his daughter.

Philip saw Max moved slightly in front of Liz in a form of protection. The move was so subtle he wasn’t sure if the others had seen it, but he had. He knew his son and right now Max was in overprotective mode with Liz. He knew it wouldn’t take much for Max to do something that they might all regret.

When he got the call from the Parkers at about three in the morning, his first thought was that they had runaway and gotten married. From the lack of rings on the kids fingers he figured he was wrong. He wasn’t however sure how long it would last that way if the Parkers pushed.

"Mr. Parker.." Max started but was cut off by Jeff.

"You just stay out of it. This is between my daughter and myself."

Jeff moved closer to the two teens.

Max could feel Liz’s hand shake in his. She was afraid and angry. She didn’t deserve all of this crap. Max took a few more steps in front of Liz. Making himself a physical barrier between Jeff and Liz. Philip stood up and moved a little closer in case he had to physically intervene.

"No, Mr. Parker it’s between all of us. Whether you like it or not I love your daughter and when she is hurting it involves me. When she is afraid, it involves me. When anything affects her it involves me. I understand that you don’t like me, but there is no reason to take it out on Liz. She has done nothing wrong. She doesn’t deserve the things you have put her through these past few months or the names you have called her."

Max looked Jeff right in the eye, not backing down. He was letting Jeff know that he knew everything that had gone on and he wasn’t happy about it.

Jeff was stunned speechless. He didn’t know what to say to that.

"Let's sit down and talk about this." Philip instructed.

Jeff and Max finally broke eye contact with one another. Jeff moved back to his chair and took a seat. Max pulled up two more chairs to the table and sat down with Liz next to him.

His hand still gripping Liz’s.

Philip once again took a seat and started off the discussion, "We all know that the Parkers are leaving because of Nancy’s job and you and Liz are not happy about this, correct?" Philip asked his son.

He got a nod as his answer.

"All right, so let’s figure out what we can do about this."

"Liz is not staying here." Jeff insisted. He wasn’t going to let them even entertain that idea.

"Ok, I can understand that." Philip assured. "So the question is how can we make the move easier on the two of them. Can Liz come back here for visits?"

"No." Jeff refused to budge.

"Jeff, stop it." Nancy scolded. "I think a few weekends could be arranged."

"Fine," Jeff conceded. "But her time spent with Max will be limited."

"No." Max steadfastly objected. "When she comes for the weekends, we will see as much of each other as we can. It’s not like we will be alone our friends will want to spend time with her to."

Philip turned to the Parkers. Nancy nodded in agreement.

"Ok, good now about the rest of the time. I think it would be reasonable to allow them to call each other at least three times a week." Philip paused to see if the others agreed.

"Four." Liz spoke up for the first time. "I want it to be at least four times a week for at least an hour."

"Liz, the phone bill will be horrendous." Nancy tried to argue.

"So, you'll be making so much more money now it shouldn’t matter."

"Liz, please." Nancy tried again. She desperately wanted to be on good terms with her daughter again.

"What if you pay for the three times and I will pay for any of the calls after that." Max offered.

"Max you can’t do that." Liz tried to object.

"Don’t worry about it Liz. I’ll use the money that had been for your cell phone. Besides it's a small price to pay to get to hear your voice."

Tears filled her eyes at his sweet words. She bit her bottom lip trying to control her emotions and nodded her head in agreement.

"Great." Philip stated although he knew he wouldn’t let his son pay for the extra phone calls. No, he would cover them himself. "Now once you all get settled, you can call and we can workout a weekend for Liz to come back to Roswell. Is there anything else?"

"Yes," Liz answered. "For the rest of the time I’m here, Max and I can see each other as much as we want."

Jeff opened his moth to object but was cut off by his wife.

"That’s fine, but you still have to follow your curfew."

"Ok." Liz agreed.

"Is there anything else?" Philip asked. The group shook their heads."Good now that this is all settled, I think we should all go home and get some rest."

The group stood up from the table and put the chairs back were they belonged.

Liz walked Max to the door and hugged him tightly. Max bent his head down and whispered in her ear. "It’s going to be ok, Liz. I promise."

"I know." She whispered back. "I love you."

"I love you too." Max pulled back slightly and kissed her lips. They broke away from each other and Max followed his parents out the door.

^^^^^^
TBC?
Last edited by m_groupie on Thu May 10, 2007 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
m_groupie
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by m_groupie »

thetvgeneral: Extra thanks to you for being my beta.
tequathisy: I’m going to try and explain what I meant when I had Liz say that"No, it's been your dream. I just went along with it." I think it was in season 3 were it was said that Jeff put a poster of Harvard over Liz’s bed when she was three or something. So anyway it was kind of her parents idea at first but Harvard is a great school and than Liz read that article form the professor there so the two things combined makes her want to go to Harvard. But when she met Max things changed. In one episode Liz said something about doing everything her parents asked her to. I’m not saying she didn’t want to go there just that it started out with her parents. I’m not sure if I’m explaining this every well. If what I’ve just written is confusing can I just claim creative licence?
Natalie36: Thanks

Pt. 9

"That's just heartbreaking." Maria said as she and Isabel watched Max and Liz clinging to each other. This was Liz's last day at West Roswell High. In two more days she would be leaving for good. Although they all were going to miss her, they knew that Max was the worst off.

"I know, Max has been walking around like someone ran over his puppy and she isn’t even gone yet." Isabel replied.

"Can you blame him? They need each other. They have the whole look into my eyes soul mate thing."

"I understand that." Isabel defended. "It just worries me to think about what he’s going to be like when she leaves."

Isabel was truly scared about how her brother was going to react. The summer Liz went to stay with her aunt was bad enough, but now that the two of them were so much more connected she didn't even want to think about how he was going to be.

"That's why I think we should re-implement operation never leave Max alone for a moment." Maria stated.

"How is that going to help?" Isabel questioned.

"If we keep him busy, he will have less time to think about the fact that Liz is gone," Maria explained. She needed to do something for him, she wouldn't be able to watch him go through another Liz withdraw like he did two summers ago. It would keep her from missing her best friend too much.

Michael walked up to his girlfriend and looked down the hall to what she was staring at.

"That's just pathetic." Michael complained. "It's not like they will never see each other again."

"Sesh, Michael! Don't you have a heart?" Maria exclaimed. She promptly turned away from her infuriating boyfriend and marched down the hall.

Michael watched Maria's retreating figure with confusion.

"What's her problem?"

"You know Michael sometimes I wonder how you can even have a girlfriend." Isabel stated and followed Maria out to the quad for lunch.

"Hey, Michael." Max greeted as he walked up to him with Liz tucked securely at his side.

"Women are weird." Michael observed skipping over the return greeting.
"What did Maria do now?" Liz laughed softly. "Or should I ask what did you say to Maria?"

"I don’t know." Michael shrugged his shoulders. "Who knows what sends her off?"

Max and Liz just laughed and followed him outside to the quad.

Liz stood in her room packing things she didn't want to be packing for a move that she didn't want to taking. She needed to get it done because Alex and Maria were coming over for one more sleep over before she moved. Tomorrow night was going to be her going away party so she couldn't really pack then either.

There was a knock on her door. She didn't answer it. She figured it was her mother who would once again try and convince her that this move was a good thing. She heard the door open and she mentally prepared herself for the fight to come.

"How you holdin' up baby girl?"

Liz instantly relaxed when she heard her aunt’s voice. She was her favorite relative on her mother's side. She and Cora had always been close but the summer she went to stay with her the two had really bonded. Cora was there for her without needing an explanation. Liz turned around and gave Cora a sad smile and shrugged her shoulders.

"I'm sorry, sweetheart." Cora sympathized. She had gotten here yesterday and she could already see what the move was doing to Liz. She could understand why her sister and Jeff were doing this but that didn't mean she had to agree with them.

"It's not your fault." Liz stated. " When did you get back from the mall?"

"About an hour ago. I was talking to your parents. They're really worried about you."

"If they were worried about me, they would leave me here. I don't understand what I've done so wrong."

"Liz, sweety, it's not really about you."

"What do you mean?" Liz asked suspiciously.

Cora sat down on the bed and patted the space beside her. Liz took the invitation and plopped down beside her aunt waiting for the explanation she knew would be coming. Cora knew she couldn't tell Liz everything, it wasn't her place, but she could try to help her understand.

"You know your father’s sister Gina died when she was about your age, right?"
Liz gave a small nod.

"Well, what you don't know is how she died or the things that lead up to it. Your father and mother had just gotten married and taken over the Café. Your grandparents moved to a different town for one of Claudia's digs. That's where Gina met David. Gina was a lot like you. She was smart, on her way to an ivy league school, but when she met Dave she fell in love and everything else fell to the way side. David was what you would call a bad boy, he drank, did drugs, slept around. No one really knew the full extent of his bad habits. Soon Gina's behavior started to change. At first it was small things, like skipping class, to be with him, missing curfew, things like that, but soon there were missing weekends, her attitude changed drastically becoming very secretive. She even started to lie for him. Her grades started to drop. At one point she got arrested for breaking into a house with David because he needed money for drugs. It was right after this that Gina found out she was pregnant. Dave didn't want anything to do with the baby or her once he found out. Jeff went ballistic. He and Gina had always been very close until David showed up. Gina of course was left to pick up the pieces. When she was about eight months pregnant David came back into her life. We're not exactly sure how or why but she got in the car with him when he was drunk. David lost control of the car at one point and crashed into an on coming 18 wheeler killing them both." Cora paused to see how Liz was taking it.

"Why hasn't anyone told me this before?" Liz asked.

"I don't think your father liked to talk about it. He felt so guilty and the rest of the family just went along with it."

"It still doesn't give him the right to treat me the way he has."

"No, it doesn't but when you got picked up by the cops and then everything the one officer said to him well he saw history repeating itself. He was just trying to protect you. It may not be right but that's where it's at."

"Wait, what did the officer say to him?"

"That he knew the two of you had broken into the house even if he couldn't prove it. He said he figured it was for drug money. He also said he thought Max had just pulled you into all of this and they should keep an eye out for him. Then he insisted that you stay the night in hopes that you would turn on Max in the morning."

"But that's not what happened." Liz objected.

"I know, but all your dad heard was breaking in and drug money. Add it up with your behavior since you have met Max and he saw Gina all over again."

"That still doesn't excuse his behavior." Liz argued.

"No, it doesn't but at least now you can understand where he's coming from."

"Thanks Aunt Cora. That does help a little."
"Good." Cora gave Liz a tight hug. "Just hang in there ok?"

Liz nodded.

"Ah, there you are Liz." Maria exclaimed as she walked into her friend's room. "I have two bags worth of junk food and lots of sappy chick flicks to torture Alex with when he gets here."

Liz and Cora started to laugh.

"Poor Alex." Cora thought silently.

"Come on guys," Alex pleaded. "I'm begging you. Don't make me watch another one. There is only so much of Meg Ryan a guy can take."

"Oh, come on Alex. This next one is a classic. They don't kiss in this one or even see each other for most of it."

"No more. You're taking away my manliness."

"What manliness?" Liz giggled.

"Oh, that was just low Parker. Just low. I'll have you know that I have never had any complaints."

"Um, so how is Miss Isabel?" Maria inquired.

Alex saw the curious evil glint in Maria's eyes. The kind she would get when she was about to interrogate him about his love life.

"Oh, no. I’m not telling you anything. What goes on between Isabel and myself is private."

"In other words," Liz explained as she turned to Maria. "He can't say anything because Isabel would kill him if he did."

"That's not true." Alex defended his girlfriend. "Isabel is a very sweet and gentle person."

"Huh, than why won’t you share details with us?" Maria asked. "We’re your best friends."

"Because it's private."

"Ok," Maria sighed in disappointment. "Then I guess, it's time for more Meg Ryan."

"I really need to start hanging out with the guys." Alex muttered causing Liz to laugh. She looked over at Maria putting in the next movie with an evil smile on her face and then at Alex who was sulking by the couch. A sad smile crossed Liz's face. She was going to miss them both so much.
Maria had arranged Liz's going away party at the Crashdown. The Parkers had agreed to close up early as long as they cleaned up after themselves.

Maria had invited anyone that Liz considered a friend. However, after about an hour or two of fun and laughter all of Liz's friends not involved in the alien abyss had gone home, leaving the group of eight to just enjoy their last night together as a group for a while.

"Ok, present time!" Maria announced excitedly.

"What do you mean present time?" Liz asked.

"Oh, come on Lizzie you didn't really think we were going to let you leave without some going away gifts did you?"

The look on Liz’s face told her that she really hadn't been expecting anything. Maria lugged a box filled with gifts over to the table where the gang was sitting.

"Here Liz you have to move to the head of the table so we can all see you." Maria instructed.

"Maria." Liz wined.

"No, excuse you're the guest of honor. Look there is even a chair for loverboy so you two
won't be separated."

"Fine." Liz conceded and moved out of her comfortable potion on Max's lap and took her place at the head of the table. Next to her around one corner was Max and Maria around the other.

Maria pulled out the first present and handed it to her. "This is from Isabel and me."

"Thanks guys." Liz slowly opened the gift.

It appeared to be a photo album. She opened the cover and noticed that it was a scrap book. The first page had pictures of her when she and Maria had first become friends. She flipped through the pages truly touched. They had pictures of everything including a few of Max and Liz together when they were younger from class tips. One was of her and Alex at a museum with their arms wrapped around each other smiling for the camera. In the background she could see a young Max looking at her with longing while a young Isabel pulled on his arm trying to get his attention. Right above the picture was a red arrow pointing at Max with Maria's handwriting saying "see I told you he was staring at you." Liz had to chuckle at that and showed Max the picture. He gave her a self-conscious grin as his face turned red from embarrassment.

"Ok, you can look at our fantastic work later. It's time to open more gifts." Maria pulled out a small gift-wrapped box. "This is from Kyle."
"Thanks Kyle." Liz said sincerely. In the box she found two prepaid phone cards and a note saying: 'So that you don't for get to call the rest of us.'

"I would never forget to call you guys." Liz protested to the note.

"Uh huh. We all know what you get like when you are deprived of Romeo." Kyle said and pointed to Max as if to prove his point.

It was Liz’s turn to blush as the group laughed at her expense.

"Ok, next one. This is from Alex." Maria said and handed her another present.

What she found caused her to look up at Alex in question. She held up a video tape that said 'Czechoslovakian and friends.'

"I just went around this last week and took some video of all your close friends and put in some old video I had of us. There is even a message from each one of us but you can't watch it till you're gone."

Liz got up out of her chair and flung herself into her friend's arms.

"Thank you Alex that is every sweet."

Alex gave her a tight squeeze. "No, problem."

Liz sat back down fighting back tears. How could she leave all of them? She just didn't know if she was strong enough to do it. Max reached over and squeezed her hand. She looked up and gave him a watery smile. He gave her a smile of reassurance, understanding what she was feeling.

"Ok, this next one is from Sarah."

Liz pulled the extra paper out of the decorative bag. She then pulled out the box that was inside and realized it was a computer camera.

Liz looked over at Sarah, "Thank you so much."

"Sure, I know the Evans have one so I thought it would be a good way to keep in touch."

"Thank you." Liz said again.

"Ok, now be weary Liz this one is from Michael." Maria warned.

"Hey!!" Michael objected.
"Oh, be quiet you know it's true." Maria returned.

Michael was about to retort when Liz launched herself into his arms all most knocking him off his chair.

"What the..." Kyle trailed off as he looked around and saw everyone’s look of surprise at Liz hugging Michael tightly muttering her thanks over and over.

"What did he get you?" Maria asked.

Liz extracted herself from Michael's arms.

"Thank you." Liz whispered again.

"No, problem." Michael uttered slightly embarrassed by her display of affection toward him.

Liz moved way from Michael and went back to her seat passing Maria her gift. Maria looked down at the thick rectangular peace of paper and had to hold back tears. She looked up at Michael and gave him one of the biggest smiles he had ever received from her. Everyone was extremely curious as to what Michael had gotten her.

Liz's teary eyes turned to the rest of the group as she explained, "It's a one way bus ticket from Lubbock Taxes to Roswell New Mexico for January 27th."

Max instantly got the significance and looked over at his friend. His voice thick with emotion, "Thanks, man."

Kyle noticed that Sarah looked a little confused so he leaned over and whispered in her ear, "That's Liz's birthday."

Her eyes went wide at the implication.

Michael, becoming increasingly uncomfortable with everyone looking at him, started to make excuses for his gift.

"It was uh, no big deal. You don't have to use it. I just thought that you should have the option you know. It's just.." He trailed not sure what to say.

Maria realizing her boyfriend’s increasing discomfort handed Liz her last present. "This one is from Max."

Liz slowly opened the present to reveal a small jewelry box. She opened the lid and found a white gold heart shaped locket inside. On the front was engraved M.E. + L.P. Liz opened the locket and found on one side was a picture of the two of them and on the other had the date 9/17/99 engraved. The date that he saved her life and according to him that was the day his life began.
"Oh, Max." Liz whispered as she leaned over and kissed him softly. "That's so sweet. Would you put it on me please?"

Max nodded and fastened the delicate chain around her neck. Liz gave him one last kiss and than pulled back to show the rest of the group.

"Oh, it's gorgeous." Sarah gushed.

"Who knew my brother had such good taste?" Isabel said impressed.

"Michael maybe you should be taking notes." Maria suggested.

"Are you sure you not gay?" Kyle asked, for which he received a smack on the arm from Sarah. "What? Men aren't supposed to know jewelry. The ones that do are usually gay."

This got him a smack from both Sarah and Isabel.

"Ok, people it is time to dance." Maria commanded saving Kyle from any more abuse. She walked over to the jukebox to select some songs as the guys moved the tables out of the way.

Liz and Maria started to move their bodies to the beat of the music. Alex having no shame jumped in between his two oldest friends and started to dance with them.
Isabel laughed as her boyfriend started to do moves no one had ever seen before and most likely should never see again. Shaking her head she joined the mix, soon followed by Kyle.

Michael promptly sat his butt down in one of the bar stools. Max joined him just enjoying watching his girlfriend move to the music.

Sarah feeling slightly out of place sat down a few chairs from the guys. She was one of the group she knew but she still wasn't sure where she fit in. Kyle looked over and noticed that Sarah had once again isolated herself from the group. He wasn't sure why it mattered so much but he felt this need to include her on all that the group did together.

He walked over to her and pulled her hand. "Come on. Let’s dance."

"I can't dance." She said as she tried to pull her hand out of his grasp.

"Does it look like any of us can? Look at Alex." Kyle pointed his finger in the direction of the geeky boy who was doing some kind of butt jutting jiggle at Isabel, who was laughing so hard she was holding her side.

"Well, I guess." She conceded.

"Good, now come on." Kyle pulled her out into the middle of the floor trying to get her to move her body.
Liz was glad to see Sarah and Kyle having a good time. The two of them needed that with all that had happened to them in their lives. Liz looked over at Max and smiled. She walked over to him and pulled him out onto the floor just as a slow song had started.

Maria looked around and noticed everyone was paired up and moving to the music except her. She looked over at Michael who just shook his head in the negative. He was not going to go out there. He did it once for prom but never again. Maria crossed her arms and raised her eyebrow. He knew that look. Yup, that was the look that he would be in deep shit if he didn't get out there. Reluctantly, he moved toward her and took her into his arms. She smiled up at him, thanking him.

Cora walked down the stairs towards the Crashdown kitchen for some ice cream. She and Nancy were camped out on the couch watching sappy old movies. She was glad that part of Nancy 's business offer was a fully furnished condo, that way she wouldn't have to worry about furniture for her short stay in Roswell .

She heard the music coming from inside of the café and couldn't help but take a peek. She had only gotten to meet Liz's Max briefly so she hadn't decided if she liked him or not.

According to Liz he walked on water and according to her parents he was a no-good dirt bag who was corrupting their daughter. Or at least that was Jeff's opinion, Nancy wasn't sure what to think.

She had to stand on her tiptoes in order to look through the diamond window in the swinging door. What she saw made her want to laugh and cry at the same time.

A slow song was just beginning to play. The boy she recognized as Kyle pulled the new girl whose name she thought was Sarah into his arms awkwardly. The girl stood stiff in his arms at first. He leaned over and whispered something into her ear causing her to laugh and relax into his arms.

Maria had been standing alone but was now giving Michael the evil eye. He obviously didn't want to dance but with one look at her face he got up and joined her. He pulled her into his arms and moved his feet with no rhythm. Maria said something to him and he gave her a great full smile. They stopped moving their feet and just rocked back and forth.

Alex had been holding Isabel tight against him but then spun her out in some kind of ball room dancing move and than pulled her back in. They were both laughing and enjoying each other’s company.

The couple that wanted to make her cry was Max and Liz. They rocked gently to the music seemingly unaware of the people around them. Her arms were wrapped tightly around his neck and his were around her waist holding her completely to him. Her head was turned to the side and rested against his heart. His head was down and leaning against her forehead. They just looked so in love. Her heart ached for them.

This taking Liz to Texas wasn't right; no it wasn't right at all. She just wished there was something she could do.

Liz lay in bed staring at her clock. It was 12 at night and in about seven hours her mother would be coming to wake her up so that they could get an early start on their move. She couldn't sleep although she knew she should be. It was going to be along day, she just couldn't get her body or mind to relax enough to fall asleep.

Her mind kept replaying the tearful goodbye she shared with all her friends and Max. What was she going to do without them? Without him? He had become such an
intricate part of her life that she wasn't sure if she could make it without him by her side.

The need to be with him suddenly rushed through her. She couldn't take it anymore. She couldn't, wouldn't leave. She shoved her feet into her shoes quickly and grabbed a sweater. She climbed out her window and ran in the direction of Max’s house.

Max couldn't sleep. Liz's tearful face as they said their goodbyes haunted him. He hated seeing her that way. What was even worse was that there wasn't a single thing he could do about it.

He could always move to Texas but he didn't think that would go over well with anyone other than Liz. He knew feeling as if his life was ending was being slightly dramatic, she would only be gone a few months, but he couldn't help it. He knew she would come for a few visits, but it wouldn't be the same.

He felt Liz's presence before he heard the noise outside of his bedroom window. He got up and opened the window to let her in.

She climbed over the windowsill and all but fell into his arms. He pulled her tightly to him feeling her tears on his neck. He lifted her up into his arms and carried her over to the bed, cradling her against his body. He whispered soothing words into her ear as he
stroked her hair.

Once she got herself under control she looked up into his loving concerned eyes. "Can't we just run away?" She begged. "Please? I can't be without you."

"I know Liz. I feel the same way but we both know we can't do that. We would have no where to go. No way to support ourselves. It just wouldn't work."

"I know that. I do. I just..." She trailed off.

"I know." He responded, "I wish things could be different."

"Me too," Liz whimpered.
Max pulled her closer to his body and let his silent tears fall.

An annoying ringing sound reached into Diane's dreams pulling her out of her slumber. Blindly she started to hit the alarm clock but it didn't turn off. As wakefulness finally claimed her, she realized it was the phone.

"Hello?" She answered sleepily.

"Diane?"

"Yes."

"This is Nancy ."

Realizing who was on the phone she sat up in bed and tried to get her mind to focus.

"What is it?" Diane asked fearing the worst.

"Liz is gone. Her stuff is all still here but she's gone. I was just wondering if she was over there or..um...if Max was missing too?" Diane could tell by the tone of her voice that she was afraid that Max would be missing and what that would mean.

"I'll go check just hang on. Ok?"

"Yeah." Was the only reply she got.

Diane reached over and shook her husband awake.

"What?" He complained.

"Get up. Liz is missing." With that she got up and went to check on her son.

She opened the door quietly and was surprised to see her son still in bed. She honestly thought that he and Liz skipped town. Since he was in his bed, she wasn't surprised to see Liz in bed with him. They were both fully clothed. Max was lying on his back with Liz practically laying on top of him. His arms were wrapped securely around her. Her hands were fisted in his shirt.

When Diane stepped into the room, her son turned to her with the saddest eyes she had ever seen. His eyes moved to the phone that she held against her shoulder and then back to her. His eyes begging her not to tell the Parkers Liz was there, not to let one thing that mattered most to him go.

It was the same look he had when they had to put their dog Lucky to sleep. Lucky had been Max’s only friend expect for Isabel at the time. They hadn't started school yet and Max barley talked to anyone, except for Lucky. He had held onto the dog the entire ride to the vet. When it was time to take Lucky back to be put to sleep, Max had given her the same look. It broke her heart both times. And just like last time she could do nothing about it.

"Yeah, Nancy she's here."

Max closed his eyes and turned his head away from his mother.

His mother spoke again, "No, there is no reason to send her back right now. Why don't you and Jeff just pick her up on your way out of town? It's on your way."

Diane paused again. Liz whom she thought was asleep, moved her body as if to try and get closer to Max. Her hand let go of his shirt only to move up a little and grip it harder pulling it towards her.

"Yeah, uh ok. So we'll see you in about 45 minutes. Ok, bye."

Diane moved over to the two clinging to each other on the bed.

"I'm sorry Max. I couldn't lie."

Max turned his head to look at her and whispered, "I know."

He turned his head back to look at Liz.

"I'm going to go and make some breakfast. Ok?"

Max nodded.

Once Diane had left Liz whispered, "You know we still have time to run."

Max laughed softly trying to lighten the mood, "True but I think I want more than a 45 minute lead on your father."

"Oh, is the big bad alien king afraid of my little old human father?" Liz turned her head up towards his smiling.

"When it concerns you and when he has a gun? Yes."

"Max my dad doesn't have a gun." Liz informed.

"Yeah, that you know of."

Liz just shook her head.

They all sat around the breakfast table not saying much. The impending arrival of the Parkers making them all subdued. Liz and Max sat as close together as could without Liz sitting on his lap.

Their hands that were not being used to feed themselves were intertwined resting on Max's thigh needing as much contact as possible.

The knock on the front door caused both of them to stiffen. Philip slowly got up from the table and went to answer the door. They could all hear voices drifting in from the other
room but couldn't understand what was being said. Philip came back into the room followed by the Parkers.

"Come on Liz it's time to go." Nancy told her daughter.

Liz and Max both turned to face them. At first Nancy thought there was going to be a fight but neither one of them spoke. They got up from the table their hands still clutched together.

Nancy turned to Diane, "Thank you for letting her stay this morning and for giving her breakfast."

"It was no problem."

"Come on Liz say your goodbyes." Nancy instructed.

Liz just looked at her mother part of her thought that this all was just a bad dream. That she would wake up soon and realize that she wasn't moving. That she wouldn't be leaving behind almost everyone and everything she loved.

Max and Liz turned and walked outside followed by everyone else. Once they were outside Liz gave Philip and Diane a one arm hug because her other hand was still intertwined with Max's. She thanked them and move to Isabel. The taller girl pulled her into a tight hug. Liz let go of Max and put both arms around her.

"I expect to see you on January 27th. Ok?" Isabel whispered.

"Ok." Liz paused for a second and than whispered, "Take care of him for me ok?"

"I promise."

Isabel gave her one more tight squeeze and then let her go. Liz went immediately back to Max's side. The Parkers got into their car an obvious sign that it was time to leave. Max walked Liz over to the car and than pulled her into a tight hug.

"Call me as soon as you get there?" Max questioned.

Liz nodded, her tears soaking his shirt.

"And promise you'll come back as soon as you turn 18?"
"I promise." Liz whispered. "I love you."

"I love you too." He whispered back.

She pulled her head back and pressed her lips to his in a desperate kiss. Her tongue darted out running against his bottom lip. He opened up to her, enjoying the feel of her tongue tangling with his. The kiss seemed to go on forever but it still wasn't enough. The loud beeping of the car horn broke them apart.

Max rested his forehead against hers just soaking her in.

"Be careful while you're there." Max murmured.

"I will. You be careful too."

Max fully understanding her meaning nodded his head.

"Come on Liz let’s go." Jeff impatiently yelled out the car window.

Max pulled Liz to him one more time before he opened her car door and helped her in. He shut it behind her and then put his hand on the glass. She did the same, tears running down both their cheeks. Jeff slowly pulled away from the curb and drove away.

Max stud stood in the same position long after the car had disappeared down the road.

^^^^^
TBC?
Good? Bad? Let me know.
m_groupie
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by m_groupie »

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I got such a strong reaction I don’t know if I should be proud or run and hide. Either way thanks for reading.

PT. 10

Liz stood in her school uniform in front of the mirror filled with nervous anticipation. It would be her first day of attending classes at Winnaman. As much as she didn’t want to move, she couldn’t help but be excited about going to a new school. She loved school and couldn’t wait to see what challenges lay ahead.

Once again she looked at herself from the front. She had on a pair of black shoes and a blue and red plaid skirt, followed by a white button up shirt with a little cross tie that was the same as the skirt. She opted to wear the sweater instead of the blazer because it felt less restricting.

"Oh, if Kyle could see me now." She thought. She could almost here the remarks he would make about Catholic schoolgirls and porn.

"Liz, sweetie it’s time to go." Nancy called up the stairs.

"Here goes nothing." She muttered and grabbed her book bag.

Liz walked down the halls of the new school trying to find her class. She had met with the principal the day before, to work out her schedule. She knew two of the girls that went to Winnaman , Brittany , her mom’s boss’s daughter, and Brooke , Brittany’s friend.

Nancy’s new boss Thomas Littan had invited them over for dinner on Sunday night. It wasn’t exactly the most enjoyable affair. The Littan house was big enough to stick about three Crashdowns (including the apartment above) into it. They had servants who cooked the dinner and served the table. Liz learned from Brittany and Brooke that most of the kids that went to Winnaman lived in a similar way.

Liz felt slightly out of place with them. Money seemed to mean everything to them and although the condo she lived was certainly larger than anything she had ever lived in before it was much smaller than a mansion. As the evening wore on Liz had followed the girls up to Brittany’s room.

The conversation consisted mostly of clothes, makeup and gossip about some of the kids at the school. The girls were extremely superficial and obviously use to getting whatever they wanted. Soon the conversation turned to boys.

"So Drew finally asked me out again. I’ve giving him signals for weeks," Brittany said.

"Good then we can start to double date again. Lucas kept on taking me out with Drew and whatever slut he had for the week. It was disgusting. Especially when he had a thing for Molly. I mean the girl is such a slut," Brooke commented.

"I know. I almost couldn’t forgive him for that one but he’s good in bed and we are meant to be together."

"So Liz," Brooke had turned to face Liz. It was the first time they brought her into the conversation. "Do you have some hottie waiting were you came from?"

"Yes." Liz absently wrapped her hand around the locket Max had given her.

"Is that from him?" Brittany asked as she indicated the locket.

There was a knock on the door.

"Come in." Brittany called out.

One of the servants opened the door. "Ms. Parker your parents are ready to leave."

"Ok, thank you." Liz acknowledged.

"It was nice meeting both of you." Liz said politely and left.

When she got about half way down the stairs she realized that she had left her sweater in Brittany’s room. She rushed back upstairs to get it but stopped in front of the door when she heard a voice from inside say her name.

"Can you believe that girl? And I do mean girl she isn’t even developed yet," Brooke said.

"Did you see her hair? It was so long and brown and boring," Brittany replied.

"She had no personality at all. All she talked about was science. I can’t believe she even has a boyfriend."

"Yeah I can just imagine what he’s like."

"To be dating her he must be hideous."

Although the words hurt to hear, Liz wasn’t as upset as she once might have been. First of all from the conversation she had with the girls before, she already knew they wouldn’t be friends and that they would most likely talk about her behind her back. And two, she didn’t care what they had to say about her looks. Max liked her just the way she was. She had seen herself through his eyes on more than on occasion and she knew he thought she was beautiful.

She had to laugh at the Max being ugly comment. Oh, if the girls could only see.

Liz had gone in, grabbed her sweater and left with the girls having no idea that she had overheard them.

Liz looked down at her class schedule and looked back up at the door number confirming that she had the right room.

She had gotten here early just to make sure she could find her classes ok. She slipped into a seat in the back row, wanting to be able to see everything and everyone.

She noticed a group of boys come into the classroom and scan the area.
The boy who was obviously the leader did a double take when he saw her and then looked her up and down.

The look made Liz feel extremely uncomfortable. It was like he was undressing her with his eyes and appraising her at the same time.

The boy whispered something to his friend and then started to walk in her direction. The other boys followed suit. He took a seat next to her and then turned to face her.

"Hey, there gorgeous. I’m Andrew but all my friends call me Drew. What’s your name?"

Liz looked over at him. She wondered if he was Brittany’s Drew.

He was tall about 6 feet with blond hair and crystal blue eyes. You could tell by the way that he was built that he was an athlete and most likely worked out daily. He had on the male version of the school uniform, which was black dress shoes, khaki paints, a white shirt with a blue and green tie and a sweater.

Liz looked at him for another moment before responding. "Liz."

"Hummm, Liz must be short for Elizabeth . Mind if I call you Beth?" Drew asked.

"Yes, I do," Liz responded.

There was something about this kid that she just didn’t trust.

"Ohhh, did you hear that Tony we have a feisty one." The group of boys laughed. Drew turned back to Liz. "That’s ok I like them that way. So, what do you say Beth want me in to show you around school?"

It was obvious by his tone that he planned on doing more than show her around the school.

"No, thank you. I’m doing fine on my own."

Drew just smiled at her. The ball rang just as the teacher walked into class.

"Ok, class we have a new student." The teacher looked down at his desk. "Ms. Parker, why don’t you tell us about yourself." Liz went to speak but was cut off by the teacher. "Now, now don’t be shy. Stand up and tell us your name, were you’re from, etc."

"Um, I’m Elizabeth Parker. I’m from Roswell New Mexico ."

"Beam me up Scotty." One of Drew’s minions commented causing everyone to laugh.

"That’s enough class," Mr. Upton the calculus teacher commanded. "Liz go on."

"I love science and I guess that’s about it."

"Well welcome to my class temporarily, most cannot cut it and I have to kick them out so don’t get too comfortable. Now on with today’s lesson."

By lunchtime Liz was ready to lock herself in the bathroom and never come out. All the teachers seemed to think that she wouldn’t be able to cut it in their class. All the kids seemed to act as if she was some kind of outsider, except for Drew who seemed to want to get her into his bed.

She had never disliked school as much as she did right now.

She carried her lunch tray into the dining hall and looked around for a seat. She saw Brittany, Brooke and a few other girls sitting with Drew and his minions. The table all laughed at something Drew said.

Liz looked around hoping to find some place to sit and eat. She noticed that everyone was sitting in groups joking with one another. Suddenly she felt more alone than she ever had. She thought about her friends and Roswell . She could picture what they looked like in her head and what they talked about. Liz tried to get the thought out of her head knowing that it would only make her feel worse.

Liz finally saw an empty seat and sat down. The group of girls sitting at the table turned and looked at her, then promptly turned around to ignore her. Liz sighed and tried to eat her food over the knot in her stomach.
She looked down at her watch and realized that Max and the group would just be sitting down to lunch. She suddenly got an overwhelming urge to cry. It was stupid she knew but she couldn’t help it. She wasn’t very hungry anymore.

Maria was the last one to sit down at the lunch table. She looked around and could notice what the absence of Liz was doing to the group. They all seemed to be melancholy especially Max. He walked around like a little lost puppy. Her heart went out to him. She and Isabel had done their best to distract him the last few days but nothing seemed to work.

Her cell phone began to ring in her bag.

"Hello?" Maria answered.

"Hey, Maria how’s it going?" Liz’s voice came over the line.

"Liz? What are you doing calling me in the middle of the day?"

Max head shot up at the mention of Liz’s name.

"I uh just wanted to see how everyone was doing," Liz said.

Maria could hear that something was off in Liz’s voice but decided to let it go for now.

"Well, we are all doing fine," Maria replied. "So how’s that hot rich guy you were tell me about?"

"What?" Max all but shouted. His eyes were wide and mouth agape.

"Maria what are you talking about?" Liz asked.

Maria started to laugh so hard that she could barely talk. "Oh, Liz...you..should....see the look...on Max’s face."

Maria finally laughed out.

"Maria that’s just mean." Liz reprimanded.

"Oh, but it was so worth it." Maria looked back over at Max and started to laugh again.

"Here talk to Michael." Maria passed off the phone.

"Uh, hey Liz?" Michael muttered.

"Hello Michael how’s it going?"

"Good, here talk to Sarah." Michael passed the phone.

"Liz? How are your classes going?"

"They’re going ok. How about you? How’s Biology?"

"Not to bad. I have a good new lab partner." Sarah winked at Max.

"That’s good."

"Here talk to Kyle he is making faces at me." Sarah passed the phone to Kyle.

"Liz old buddy how are the girls at your school? Any good looking ones?"

"Yeah Kyle lots of them and guess what we have to were uniforms. I’m sure..."

Kyle interrupted Liz. "Wait, wait I’m getting a good mental image. Oh, hot girls in Catholic school uniforms oh why couldn’t I’ve been your brother."

"Kyle!" Sarah shouted in outrage, as she and Isabel smacked Kyle on the back of the head.

"Ouch, I’m telling you Liz the aliens are getting more violent since you’ve been gone."

"Kyle, give me the phone." Isabel grabbed the phone out of Kyle’s hand. "Liz how’s the new school?"

"It’s ok. How are you and Alex doing?"

"Pretty well. You and Maria have taught him well."

"See and he thought all the girl time was bad for him."

"Well he knows how to treat a woman. Here Alex wants to talk to you. Take care of yourself ok?"

"I will." Liz replied.

"Liz my long lost friend how is Texas treating you?"

"It’s been ok."

Alex could hear the sad note in her voice and tried to cheer her up, "Well don’t let it get you down. You’ll be back here before you know it. Making the rest of us sick with you and Max’s PDA’s."

"Ok, Alex."

"Oooh, lover boy is giving me the evil eye because I’m keeping him from talking to you. I’m going to give him the phone before he kills me with his death ray eyes."

Max grabbed the phone out of Alex’s hand. "Liz?"

"Max," Liz sighed into the phone.

"How is your first day of school?" Max asked.

"It’s good." Liz said trying to sound convincing.

Max got up from the table and started to walk away.

"Max!" Maria shouted after him. "You come back here. Don’t you dare use all my minutes!"

Max ignored her. "Liz, talk to me. I can hear it in you voice that something is wrong."

Liz knew she couldn’t pull anything past Max and so she started to pour her heart out. "It’s just the teachers all seem to think I won’t be able to cut it in their classes and most of the kids here act like I’m scum or something. Well except Drew and he just keeps on making these remarks about me that are not appropriate. And I just really want to go home."

Liz tried to hold back a sob but Max could hear the tears in her voice.

"Oh, Liz I’m sorry baby. I wish there was something I could do. I..:."

Liz cut him off, "Just hearing your voice helps."

Max heard the faint sound of a bell in the back round.

"Max I have to go."

"Are you going to be alright?"

"Yeah, I’ll be fine. I didn’t mean to worry you."

"Liz it doesn’t matter to me. Anytime you need me I’m here ok," Max said as he headed back to the table.

"I know. I love you."

"I love you too."

The gang hearing the last remark started to make kissing noises and yelling out I love yous.

Liz laughed as she heard everyone’s voices. "Tell everyone I said bye."

"I will. Bye Liz."

"Bye."

Liz hung up her cell phone feeling more alone than she had before. Slowly she got up from her seat on the stairs outside and went to her next class.

Liz sat in the back of the classroom at a lab table waiting for her AP Biology class to start.

"Beth long time, no see." Drew said as he sat down on the stool next to Liz wrapping his arm around her.

Liz removed his arm but other than that just ignored him and looked straight ahead.

"Playing hard to get are we?"

"Don’t you have a girlfriend?" Liz asked.

"Who? Brittany ?"

Liz just looked at him.

"Don’t mind her babe we’re not exclusive."

"She might think otherwise."

The teacher walked in and everyone found his or her seats.

"Since I don’t recognize you, you must be Liz Parker." Mr. Argen said.

Liz nodded her head.

"You will be partnered with Andrew Dunham."

Drew looked over at Liz and gave her a cocky grin.

Liz raised her hand.

"Yes Ms. Parker?" Mr. Argen asked in a less than pleased voice.

"Would it be possible to have another partner?"

"No, Mr. Dunham is my best student and being new you will need that extra help."

Liz nodded her head in resignation, hoping that she maybe able to talk to him after class. However, even after explaining why she didn’t want to be partnered with Drew the teacher still would not budge and Liz was stuck with Drew as her lab partner.

Liz packed her bags to go home. When she closed her locker door she was startled to see Brittany and Brooke standing there.

"Stay away from my man!" Brittany commanded.

"Excuse me?" Liz questioned.

"You heard me. Stay away for Drew."

"Gladly." Liz responded.

"Don’t play that way with me. I know your kind. You come in see a cute guy who says something nice to you and suddenly you’re in love. Well I’m telling you to stay away and if I catch you anywhere near him I’ll make your life a living hell."

"Why don’t you tell Drew to keep it in his pants and then you wouldn’t have a problem," A voice Liz didn’t recognize chimed in.

"What do you want Towny Lover?"

"To be the bane to your very existence. Now run along plastic. I’m sure Drew is waiting in his car so that the two of you can go and have a fuckathon."

"Bitch." Brittany muttered as she turned and stormed away.

"You’re the new girl Liz right?"

"Yes."

"I’m Eileen. I’m in you world literature class."

"Oh, right." Liz responded remembering the face. "Thanks for the help by the way."

"Sure, no problem. Anytime I can bust her chops is fun for me. Although I did come here for a reason. You know we have a test next week and ‘Mrs. I like to make everyone’s life a living hell’ expects you to read all the material. So I am offering my notes and tutoring services."

"Is there some kind of catch?" Liz asked. She couldn’t help but be suspicious.

"Nope, no catch. I was just trying to help. It looked like you could use a friend and any girl that turns Drew down flat is alright in my book."

Liz laughed. It looked like she had finally found a friend in this place.

^^^^^^^
TBC?