Da Man 'N His Woman (UC, Adult), Important AN 10/20 [WIP]

This is the place where fics that have not been updated in the past three months will be moved until the author asks a mod to move them back to an active board.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, truelovepooh, Forum Moderators

KiaraAlexisKlay
Addicted Roswellian

Post by KiaraAlexisKlay »

This chapter just would't leave me alone and seemed to write itself. I hope you appreciate me losing lots of sleep last night writing and editing this, :P

Big thanks to all who reviewed!

~~~
Chapter 9
~~~

Zan entered the spacious room that was the kitchen and the first thing Liz heard was,

“I’d do ‘er.”

Smack! The sound of flesh hitting flesh filled the room.

“Ah, Lonnie! Ya knows Iz jest kiddin’, aiight? Baby…Sweets?”

“Ya don’t kid like thet, moron,” Ava smacked her brother upside the head with the wooden spoon she had used to stir the pancake batter, matching him glare for glare as he used both hands to rub the separate spots where his sister and his mate had got him.

Rath scowled at her, sticking his tongue past his hoop lip piercing and waggling another inner piercing at her. Ava scowled back at the skull’s head dancing on her brother’s tongue and flipped both it and Rath off with her beringed finger. Rath’s right eyebrow, and consequently, the silver hoop attached, went straight up and he was about to retaliate when Lonnie hit him in the same spot on his arm as before, bringing his attention back to the more dangerous threat to his continued manliness.

“Ya iz lucky dat’s all ya got. Zan woulda fried ya had he not ‘ad his hands occupied, an Iz not sure I wouldn’a let ‘im!” Lonnie smacked him again for good measure.

She knew that Rath would never betray her now that they were katelau but that still didn’t mean she couldn’t get jealous or perturbed by his offhand remarks.

“Ya means Zan wit ‘is hands occupied is a good thang?” The powerful man threw his hands up to ward off the attacks of both women, Lonnie screeching “Rath!” and Ava grumbling in a disgusted tone, “Men!”

Zan just snorted and shook his head, a chuckle building up that he quickly tamped down into a scowl as his second sent a pleading “Duke!” and look in his direction. Ava was tugging on a couple of the piercings in his left ear while Lonnie punched him in the gut. Hard it looked like, too, and would probably leave a bruise the way he winced as if he were truly in pain.

“Can’t ya handle ya own b’tch and sista, yo?” Zan shrugged with a wicked glint of mischief in his eyes as he came into the room more. “‘Sides, Iz got my hands occupied, wouldn’t wanna disappoint my girl.”

Liz was too busy watching with wide eyes the scene before her from the safety of Zan’s arms, choosing to ignore the profanity and ‘my girl’ comment for the moment. It was surreal, as if she was plunged in an episode of The Twilight Zone. Rath, Lonnie, and Ava standing around the kitchen, goofing off, pissing each other off, and basically…acting like a family.

One of the girls had turned back to the hot pancakes sizzling on the grill, adding more batter to form another pancake as she flipped the finished ones onto a waiting plate already holding a heaping stack. Liz’s stomach gave another rumble, this one of appreciation, at the sight of the cause for all the good smells. She really had gone a long time without eating, and her tummy was now demanding comeuppance.

There were other plates filled to the brim with bacon, eggs, hash browns, and bottles of Tabasco. It was all so homey and plain normal. You’d never see Michael, Isabel, and…the Gerbil act like that. At all. Okay, maybe Max and Isabel would with their parents, and the Gerbil if she had liked humans better, but definitely not Michael. He’d bluster and snipe and act as if the whole thing bored or pissed him off, putting the usual gruff damper on any group activity. If she had thought it strange Zan being dressed the way he was, she was about to enter further into the world of wackiness.

The Michael dupe –Rath- was about as similarly different as Zan was to Max. The former General of the Royal Antarian Armed Forces seemed to share his other’s propensity for heckling and sarcasm, a buff body worked over by a rigorous regime, and long hair. Whereas Michael had let his curl around in whatever mopped up disarray he woke up with, Rath used that long hair to his advantage, actually styling all that length into one major tripped out Mohawk that actually looked good on him.

He was dressed in dark clothing that seemed to be a theme for this set. Heavy black steel toed boots and a heavy silver belt buckle were worn over a pair of baggy black jeans tight enough towards the top she knew she wasn’t the only one going commando, and a deep green, ribbed wife beater (muscle tee – Liz had always hated the other name for it) that showed off his built frame to perfection and brought out the green and gold of his eyes.

His left wrist bore a spiked bondage cuff, and three rings glittered on that hand. The ring finger held a simple band of pure white gold, like a wedding band. The middle finger held a platinum skull with red eyes similar to Zan’s, and the pointer finger was silver with little spikes running along the band. Liz wouldn’t want to be the face that would meet a fist made from that hand.

Zan wasn’t the only one to be inked up: Rath’s right arm bore that familiar four square symbol and that wrist had another set of symbols that were obviously alien in origin. His left arm bore a tribal tattoo of two dragons, twined at the bottom, and facing each other. Each dragon had one wing that stretched outward so it looked like a usual set of wings. His left forearm had a band of what looked like barbed wire or fire around it in varying shades of black, purple, red, and sapphire. Each color glittered as if someone had taken precious jewels, melted them down, and poured them onto his arm.

Lonnie was as beautiful as Isabel had been but whereas the Ice Princess had a glorious sheen of long, golden locks this Vilandra 2.2 had short cropped, brunette hair. Liz had never imagined Isabel to be anything but the blond beauty she had been, but this one, Lonnie, seemed to work it off. Her large, luminous brown eyes were further enhanced and made noticeable by the dark, kohl lining them and the smoky silver of her eyeshadow, and the sultry reddish brown of her lipstick.

Her pants were similar to a set Isabel had, yet the way Lonnie wore them, gave the leather pants more of an edge and sexiness that Isabel had refused to play upon. Tight, low-rise dusty brown leather with tints of red came to rest almost indecently low, helping to show off a wide swath of belly. Her shirt, if you could call it that, was a reddish brown color probably helped along by Czech power to match the pants, and came to stop about a half inch before her belly button. It was a corset style a-line halter that helped give her ample bosom an unnecessary push.

She went into public looking like that? Liz wondered bemusedly.

Her belly button was pierced through with a little star at one end and a slave bead at the other to match the tribal sun surrounding the little indention, the colors reflecting Rath’s armband. Her right arm also bore the foursquare symbol and Liz was starting to sense a theme here. She, too, bore a tattoo on her right wrist, but it was obscured by the two inches of black, red, and brown plastic bracelets lining her arm. Her left ring finger bore a band of white gold with a small cluster of five diamonds set into it. There was a Marquis cut diamond in the middle, with smaller Princess cut diamond chips surrounding it, two on each side.

The ring was totally at odds with the black and silver tipped fingernails, cut or chewed short Liz couldn’t tell from her angle as Zan set her down in a seat by the table. Lonnie snickered at something the other girl said and turned around to address her, so Liz got a great view of her back, spotting the twin dragon tattoo on her lower back facing away from each other and horizontally stretched on their stomachs instead of vertical like on Rath. Speaking of which, the words RATH’S B*TCH were written in script out of the dragons’ tails.

The fourth and final member of the New York crew turned around, finished with making breakfast, and Liz came face to face with the one she had purposely avoided looking at. Liz held back a gasp as she met Ava’s gaze. She had always known that Tess had been pretty, with her wispy white blond hair, porcelain skin, and blue eyes but this version was completely stunning in a despite the street garb.

Her silky hair hung straight and in chunky layers to her chin, each layer either blue, purple, pink, or her natural white blond to form an interesting play of colors. Her eyes seemed to snap out and grip you, an electrifying blue that any guy and possibly some girls could get lost in. But where Tess’s eyes had been phony, bored, and aloof –at least to the humans- there was an underlying strength and sweetness of both spirit and personality that couldn’t be faked. A little glitter of light broke the staring match and Liz could see there was a small nose stud on the left side, the usual foursquare tattoo on her right arm.

She had on a tight, latex halter in blue so dark it was like violet, and a gleaming pleather mini paired with chunky combat boots and a silver belly chain attached to the hoop in her belly button. A heart with tribal fire and wisps surrounded her belly button, and there were some alien symbols curving diagonally on each rib. She had on a short-waisted pleather vest, and cuffs on both her wrists and neck. Three piercings went up the left ear, and four on the other.

Liz swallowed as she realized Ava was just as beautiful as Tess ever had been, both personality and physically.

No, no, nononononono, Liz tried to shut out the screaming in her head and shifted her gaze to the side only to meet Rath’s blatant stare.

It was so like Michael’s knowing look, that look that said he saw and understood every little nuance and detail, that Liz wondered if he could hear the voices screaming in her head and know they were the voices of her friends.

“So…dis yo b’tch, bro?” Rath’s voice spoke up again, eyes holding hers, and Liz suddenly knew it was time.
~~~

banner made by RoswellOracle!
KiaraAlexisKlay
Addicted Roswellian

Okay you all, here’s the update I promised you! Hopefully the extra long chapter will appease you for a while yet and make up for my lack these past few weeks.

~~~
Chapter 10
~~~

Liz took a deep breath to prepare herself, finding an odd sort of comfort in leaning into Zan’s touch on her shoulder, and then she plowed on. This was what she was here for, wasn’t it? Best get it over with.

“What do you know of the Roswell set?”

“Dey’s dead.”

Apparently being blunt was another trait Rath and Michael had in common. It made for things being a little easier in fact.

“Okay,” Liz drew the word out, thinking. “How do you know they died?”

“We felt them,” the Isabel dupe, Lonnie spoke up before Rath could. She didn’t seem put out at all at the glare Rath was giving her and Liz found herself nodding and addressing the friendlier of the two.

“Yeah…they’re dead,” Liz’s voice cracked on that last word and she closed her eyes against the onrush of emotion and memories.

“Easy, now,” Zan soothed, the language unfamiliar, but somehow Liz knew exactly what he was said.

“Who killed them?” Rath fired off and Liz was answering before she realized it.

“Tess,” she growled the name with fury and a bitter hatred, a rising ball of pure rage sitting in her stomach and unraveling to fill her veins. Her eyes started to shift shape and color in time to the lights starting to flicker out.

“Hayal,” Zan ordered, his hand upon her shoulders more restraining than comforting now.

“Don’t tell me to hayal, to calm down!” Liz twitched her shoulders irritably, sending an unhappy look to Zan, but she quieted herself anyway.

She could do this. She could remain calm long enough to do what she needed and then she could get the hell outta Dodge.

“Tun-bosh," Zan warned her. Careful.

“I’ll be careful,” Liz mumbled, taking another deep breath. So what if she was being unreasonable? The bitch being mentioned was enough cause to overreact and once they knew about her, the more they’d understand.

“So who’s dis Tess ya getting all bothered ‘bout?” Lonnie brought everyone back on track, her scowl eerily reminiscent of Isabel at her most irritated referee.

“Her,” Liz jerked a thumb in Ava’s direction who froze as she was stacking the food onto platters.

“Me?” those electric cerulean orbs widened in surprise and dismay.

“Your look alike anyway. She fucked our King and then was going to fuck everyone else over now that she’s pregnant with Antar’s heir. Supposedly. The bitch is a liar and a lying murderer, I don’t put it past her to lie about being pregnant.”

“She killed Alex,” Lonnie nodded and Liz’s head snapped up to look at the other brunette.

“How the hell-?”

“Iz had to heal ya some in da bath,” the taller girl waved off the explanation and Liz sat stunned.

“Who’s Alex?” Zan’s soft question was laced with an underlying tension.

He couldn’t be jealous could he?

He is, Lonnie snorted and only just held back rolling her eyes. As much as she’d hate to waste a good opportunity to tease her brother, now was not the time.

“Alex is – was- my best friend. Tess mind warped him to death to translate the Destiny book and the Granoliths specifications so she’d know how to operate it.”

“You have the Granolith?”

“Where is it?”

“Is it still operable?”

All the questions came flying at her and Liz was suddenly so tired; all she wanted to do was crawl somewhere dark and sleep and never wake up.

“C’mon, ha’su, finish your story,” Zan prompted, subtly enhancing his request mentally as well.

Liz stirred as if from a deep slumber and the others quieted down at Zan’s signal from behind the human not human’s back, though Rath only barely.

Zan would find out and he would let them know. Later.

Rath hated waiting.

“I found out that Tess had killed Alex and had to warn Max, Michael, and Isabel before they left for Antar. We met Isabel coming out of the chamber that housed the Granolith, and she ran into Michael when she stormed in after Tess when we told her.”

Lonnie nodded. These explanations made the images she’d gleaned from the girl earlier make sense. She absently patted her mate’s arm to soothe him, knowing his impatience with waiting, but proud that he had held back so much so long.

“I had never seen Isabel so furious before. She really did love Alex, and his murderer was in the control room with her brother and king,” Liz couldn’t help the mirthless twist of her lips or the hollow laugh that coughed out of her mouth.

“Ya, well, comes wit da whole Princess ‘n older twin thang, ya follow?” Lonnie quirked her lips in a wry smile and Liz couldn’t help but respond to the dry humor.

“I follow,” Liz granted, nodding.

“Iz waiting fer da part where our dupes died again,” Rath snarled, folding his arms across his chest and slumping further against the counter, glowering at the petite creature under his king’s protection.

“I was wondering how long you’d stay quiet,” Liz chuckled, for the first time really amused.

This, of course, made Rath scowl and glare harder, but Liz had had over three years of Stonewall Guerrin giving her the same response and she wasn’t intimidated in the least. That was cause for Rath’s growl and Lonnie laughed outright even as Ava grinned.

“Lover, she got chutzpah, Iz don’t think she feeling intimidated any now.”

Ava giggled and grabbed some plates.

“Guess your Rath was like ours a bit, huh?” Zan prompted, reaching out to smooth a strand of Liz’s hair behind her ear who suddenly froze at the familiar gesture.

“A bit,” she agreed, somewhat stiffly, and the New York gang could see the new tension in her posture.

‘Idiot!’ ‘Savant!’

Alien King Zan and Roswell both added their two cents to the mix and Zan suppressed the murderous intent to the noncorperol nuisances.

“Anyway, the Pod Squad – what my friends and I called our Royal Four- their so-called protector had made a deal with Nicolas and the Skins to deliver Max, Michael, and Isabel to Khivar when they reached Antar, and in exchange Tess had to be pregnant with the new heir and she would be spared. But Khivar wanted the Granolith as well, so he sent Nicky and the Corn Flakes to retrieve Tess and the Granolith, and kill the other three.”

“So, what, it worked?” Ava asked meekly, quietly feeling her way around.

So much pain and animosity in this Liz girl’s aura it made her heart ache. Especially when those chocolate eyes looked at her with thinly veiled hate and distrust, even though Ava knew it wasn’t directed at her per se, but rather for her traitorous double. But still…

“Somewhat. We had given Max, Michael, and Isabel some time by coming when we did. But there were just too many Skins, and they hadn’t developed their powers as much as Tess and Nascedo. They put up quite a fight, having a three way bond, but…”

“But Tess borrowed as much energy from just being in the same vicinity as they were and she knew how to utilize it better,” Rath surmised.

“Yeah, she did…”

“It’s how we work. Zan, Aves, Lonnie and myself feed off each others energy because we’re a unit, a complete set. Individually we’re pretty damn strong, but together we’re near unstoppable.”

Liz listened fascinated as what she had suspected was confirmed. Also, she noted that when he was serious and talking about strategic things Rath dropped his accent.

“I thought so. I’d suspected, but never had a chance to prove it. The other’s powers skyrocketed when Tess first came along, and she was teaching them some of their abilities.”

“So dey didn’t know dey was aliens?” Ava cocked her head, arching a brow.

“Oh, they knew all right, but they just tried to lay low. It was only the three of them for so long and they didn’t want to draw attention to themselves. So they never really used their powers for more than basic, trivial things.”

Like saving my life.

Dat ain’t trivial, Angel.

Liz looked sharply at Zan but he gave no indication he’d been in her head. She didn’t know if she’d imagined it or not and he merely motioned her to continue.

“Okay. So Max had Tess under control but he didn’t know what to do with her when Nascedo showed up with the rest of the Flaky Crew. Fucking shapeshifter,” Liz hissed and the four aliens nodded in agreement from their own experience with them.

“He tipped the scales and then it was all out war. He went after the humans first, I remember. He tried to get me, because of what it would do to Max, but he didn’t know the extent of how I had been healed; I think I was just as surprised as he and Tess were when I formed a shield around Kyle, Maria, and me. But I couldn’t hold it for long…I can still hear them screaming.”

Closing her eyes against the fall of tears, she curled up within herself in the chair. Ava gasped, her hands flying to her mouth, and there were tears in her own eyes as she looked about ready to hug the softly rocking girl.

Iz don’t think she’s ready fer ya,Zan warned his friend and Rath growled.

“Maria was the first to go. Tess fried her. She fucking fried my one remaining best friend!” Liz heaped in a deep breath of air. She was shaking but now the words wouldn’t stop coming as they were unleashed.

“Kyle was thrown into a wall and some part of the ceiling caved in on him. There was so much blood coming from underneath, but I couldn’t stop, because they kept coming. Michael lost it when Maria died; he went after Tess and I thought he would bring down the whole mountain on top of us. He nearly did. It was a good thing though; he took out over half the Skins. But Nicolas and Nascedo and Tess were still alive and they couldn’t be allowed to get away. They were so powerful and we tried our best. We tried, I tried, but I wasn’t Tess. I wasn’t part of the foursquare, and I wasn’t supposed to be a hybrid, or have these powers. I failed. I failed them all, and now they’re dead because of me!”

“Shhh….Angel, it’s okay. It’s okay, Angel, I’m here,” Zan gathered the lightweight in his arms and she collapsed into him, drawing on his strength, and unconsciously opening herself further to the bond to draw strength from it as well.

“Dakh pthak. Nam-tor ri ret na'fan-kitok fa tu dakh pthak,” Zan murmured, and the alien in Liz translated his softly spoken words: Cast out fear. There is no room for anything else until you cast out fear.

“Nein pthak. Reshnek heh thonauk. Aushfamalurh!” Liz cried. ‘Not afraid. Angry and anguished. Animal!’

“Shh…”Zan whispered next to her hair, nuzzling against her head.

“Kal Langley rescued me.”

“What?” The four gaped at her, and Zan froze long enough for Liz to squirm out of his grasp and stand on shaky legs away from him and the others.

“Kal Langley, your protector. He’d been trying to find the others and had met with Nascedo but Nascedo betrayed him to the Skins. He wouldn’t give you up,” Liz motioned to the stunned four, “and so Nascedo had Nicky torture him. He made his escape in the confusion to get the others and he came to help but it was too late. Isabel had fallen and Michael not a few minutes later. He took the rest of the Skins with him but the Bitch and Nascedo managed to stay alive. I saw Nicky run away, injured, but who knows if he had another Skin or not. Then Tess killed Max and I felt him die.”

“They were going to kill me, and Tess said she was going to draw it out for as long as possible, when Kal showed up. I don’t know how but he knew I was different and we got away, but he was hurt as badly as I was. He spent the rest of his power Healing me, and transferring information. He told me to find you all, and to warn you, because Tess needs to bring Royal corpses to Khivar or her life is forfeit when the baby comes. Kal had dis, dis-disintegrated the, the bodies of my friends. He died in a puddle of gray goo.”

Liz shuddered as she wearily leaned against the wall near the door for some support. Her story had exhausted her and that sleeping forever bit was looking more and more appealing with each passing second.

“They’ll be coming after you. Watch out for the Bitch like your blonde and don’t believe anything she says.”

“What ’bout yo?” Lonnie finally broke the silence that had descended upon them all.

“What about me?” Liz sounded as tired as she looked.

“If dis Tess b’tch as hard on after ya as ya say, she’ll come fer ya even after she tries us,” she pointed out.

“I did my duty. I didn’t tell the aliens’ secret, and I kept them as safe as I could, even at the cost of my family and friends. I watched them die and I survived, and the least I could do was warn their other halves so they wouldn’t die in vain. I’m through.”

“How horrible,” Ava whispered, but no one really heard.

Liz stirred enough to give them a sad smile and then turned to leave the doorway.

“Where ya going, Angel?” Zan cocked his head, trying not to show his concern.

“Anywhere but here,” Liz tossed over her shoulder as she flicked her hair out of her face.

Zan’s eyes hungrily followed her finger’s process throughout the long, sable strands. An ache appeared in his fingers to betray his want to do the same with his own. He’d been watching her throughout her story and he had wanted nothing more than to hold her close and he literally missed having her in his arms.

“Stay,” he clipped out, trying to reign in his distracted thoughts.

It was a command and Liz whirled around, that familiar fire in her eyes, and her chin lifted ever so slightly.

“No.”

“Yes,” Zan’s eyes narrowed, his answer final, curt, and dismissive.

“I don’t think so.”

“Don’ thank, ya might hurt ya self, Angel.”

“You are not my King to be giving me orders,” she didn’t hesitate, but each soft spoken word careful and firm.

Ten words. Her eyes never wavered and her chin was raised half-mast in defiance, petite frame drawn as up as high as her stature allowed.

Rath, Lonnie, and Ava went diving for cover, throwing up mental and physical shields even before they landed and dove out of the room.

“I AM your King!” Zan roared in a fit of hurt, anger, and pride. His brown and gold-flecked eyes blurred to form molten amber so deep even the starburst iris was lost. Gold touched skin darkened to an eerie metallic bronze. Pure, raw power rushed outward en masse, riding the waves of his frustration and anger.

Liz’s eyes widened in surprise and some dismay, paling considerably, but refusing to back down even in the face of such an awesome display of power and strength. Even had she not been changed, she was sure she would have felt this.

Zan was just as suddenly in front of her, eliciting a sharp gasp, for she had not even blinked and he was in front of her instead of across the kitchen. He was so close and his power so immense, it was all she could do to breathe, an almost tangible weight around her. It was all over, charging the air, surrounding her, battering her defenses, trying to get inside her.

Her own powers; untrained and difficult to control on her best days, couldn’t help but respond. Perhaps because this power carried the essence of the same one that had quickened the alien she was turning into, but tendrils of…something, snaked up and down Liz’s arms and legs, her neck and shoulders, and everywhere else her skin was exposed and then some. Glowing whitish-green it seemed to be yanked from within her very being to meet with Zan’s bronzed glow, merging the two until it was difficult to distinguish them.

“This…this is why you stay!”

Zan grabbed her arms and violently yanked her about to pin her against the harsh line of his body, forcefully showing her the changed skin tone against his own. All the emotions that he had bottled up from their bond, all the rage and helplessness he felt during the telling of her story, and now his hurt over her casual dismissal of her own life came to the fore and erupted.

“Ya aren’t human anymore, b’tch, and the only other King who can help ya iz dead, so yo’s iz stuck wit me, and ya. Will. Not. Be. Leaving!” da Man growled an instant before his mouth crashed into hers with bruising intensity.

Yelping and startled at the taste of her own blood, Liz wasn’t quick enough to shut her mouth before Zan took her bottom lip roughly between his own, biting it to keep it open, and thrusting his tongue into her velvety depths. There was nothing sweet or gentle or loving about it.

Firm, unhurried, and in complete control. That was how Zan took her mouth, never letting Liz have a moment to speak or barely catch her breath. A girl could only resist such passion for so long before she was swept away.

She grunted and tried not to wince as her back found itself pressed against the sharp edges of the kitchen doorway and partially the concrete wall adjoining it: both surfaces only slightly more unforgiving than the man holding her and her mouth hostage.

That same man was running his hands up and down the sides of her body as if he owned it, even as he continued to bite, suckle, lick, and otherwise erotically forcing her to submit, all the while growling and vibrating at her mouth and throat.

Who does he think he is? was her last coherent thought. That was before Zan changed the angle and nature of the kiss, suddenly gentling but deepening, and she was viscerally aware that he did indeed have a tongue piercing that was currently stroking her own. It was a unique sensation she had never experienced before and surprisingly arousing as the hot metal laved it’s attention to every crevice her mouth cavity had to offer.

She could feel the pressure as the blunt spike chin stud pressed against her own and too much sensation, too much everything, sent her into overload.

Even though she couldn’t move, hands still gripped in one of his own, her body pinned between his hardness and the walls, she was pleasantly confused at how… tender he seemed. He was using just enough force, power, and strength to get his point across, to show her the boundaries. The amount of power and strength he was releasing was amazing; his control even scarier.

She was just barely relaxing into the kiss when Zan stopped and pulled abruptly away to leave her sliding down to the floor.

“Yer stayin’.”

~~~

KiaraAlexisKlay
Addicted Roswellian

Okay, this is such a short chapter. Especially considering the length of the last one. But hey, that last one made up for more than three weeks of absence…so there! :b

Anyway, thanks to all who reviewed, and for those of you still sticking with it even though I haven’t been a consistent updater. Gah, who else is ready for the Christmas and holiday seasons to be over? Are there any other fellow retail workers out there? : raises hand :

So…please enjoy.

~~~
Chapter 11
~~~

“I might be forced to stay, but that doesn’t mean I have to like it or take it gracefully,” Liz glared at the back of Rath’s mohawked head, wishing it was Zan’s and that it would spontaneously combust.

“No one’s forcing ya ta do nothin’,” Rath held back his smirk, but it wasn’t for the reason Liz would think if she was aware of it.

“So says you who can come and go as you damn well please. Stupid, fucking, alien kings, and stupid frickin stonewall seconds,” he heard her mumble the last sentence and barely contained his laughter.

For so long, since Ava and Zan realized they were better off friends, Zan had been alone, and quite used to getting his way with whatever woman he decided to pursue. Though he could have any woman he wanted, Zan rarely picked up anyone because it was so easy for him he was bored, and it had been quite a while since the last time he’d done the beast wit two backs.

Rath and Lonnie had been hoping that Fate or God would send someone their leader’s way not just to ease his physical loneliness, but to match him stubborn will to stubborn will. Even Ava, when she thought she was ‘queen’ wasn’t a match, not really, for Zan, which was probably why they hadn’t worked out anyway. Zan didn’t want a little doormat or window dressing; he wanted a mate, an equal, someone worthy of his time to woo and rule beside him, even if it was a few blocks of New York tarmac.

This little Liz Parker was proving to be more than a match for his brother King, taking the shots fired at her, and adapting even though she took a direct hit.

He casually glanced back, trying not to chuckle, even as his brain murmured ‘what a hit’, taking in the passion swelled lips that had darkened a deep cherry, that had nearly doubled in size thanks to Zan’s suckling, and the tiny trickle of blood that continued to flow despite her continuous swiping it away.

He schooled his features to his normal cold mask when dealing with anyone not in his immediate family; much as he liked the Parker girl, she was still an outsider unless proven otherwise. He wouldn’t trust her completely until then despite the valuable intel she had provided. He was also serious as he considered what all she had told them and why she was even here with his crew in the first place.

Their dupes was dead, betrayed by da hands of Ava’s dupe, dis Tess b’tch, a fact that had Rath seeing red. His own sister…a traitor. Didn’t matter that Tess was his sister’s clone or vice versa he still considered her a sister like he had considered his dupe his brother; they came from the same people and that was hard to wrap around his brain since he knew for a fact Ava would never betray them like this.

But worse off, humans had died in the crossfire, some ignorant and some not. Liz’s human friends, those she loved and was closest to, had been slain alongside their alien counterparts. And she alone had survived. Rath was positive there were some things that she wasn’t telling them, and he didn’t blame her. She would tell one of them in due time, though perhaps to one of the girls instead of him or Zan. He just hoped it was in time to avert the slaying of his own family.

“Here’s ya room,” Rath gestured as he opened a door to one of the many spare rooms on this floor.

It was an inside room, no windows, and had only two exits: the door they entered and one to the left. It was already furnished in a blue theme with a navy carpet that was both fuzzy and thick enough that one literally sank into it for a good quarter of an inch. The comforter, bedspread, shams, pillowcases, and dust ruffle on the king-sized bed were also in various shades of blue from baby blue to almost black sapphire. The paint was two shades of blue separated by a white molding running the length of the room at chair height. The bottom was the darker and the top a sky blue.

Aside from the bed there were two nightstands, one on each side of the bed, a tall and broad wardrobe armoire, and a full length Victorian style mirror that you could tilt to get a better angle. All the furniture matched the sleigh bed in that pale oak color they call blonde, helping to offset all the dark colors.

“Dis da Royal Room,” Rath quirked his mouth, trying not to show any emotion, or that he was amused.

But he had forgotten that she had been around his dupe and could fairly easily guess he was laughing at her and inwardly he cursed. Yet another reason for him to not trust her yet. She could frickin read him like a picture book and he couldn’t defend himself against her.

“I can see why,” she spoke for the first time since they he’d overheard her mutterings in the hall.

She took in the room, the heavy and obviously expensive furniture, all very well taken care of. It was a room fit for royalty.

“Da bathroom is ova der, past da right nightstand. Ya can hang whateva in da wardrobe, der iz some drawers to put night things or whateva,” Rath shrugged his shoulders uncomfortably, not wanting to discuss intimate clothing with anyone, any female not his beloved Lonnie.

Liz smirked but quickly turned her head so the large hybrid in front of her wouldn’t see; he was so like Michael in that moment her heart ached and she mourned the fact that he would never get to meet his ‘other’ self. She had a feeling meeting Rath would have helped fill some of the void having no real family outside Max and Isabel and most recently, Maria, had left. It was just so sad, with all of the what ifs and what could have been’s. She also suspected the pair would have been the funniest and scariest team ever brought together.

“Where does this door lead?”

In her attempt to avoid a ‘stonewall’ glare at her amusement she had discovered another doorway that she hadn’t noticed before. It had blended in with the décor, painted and even halved like the rest of the room so she wouldn’t have known it was a door unless she was looking for it.

“An occupied room so don ‘t go der,” Rath clipped out.

Liz backed off, thinking that it might lead to Rath and Lonnie’s room, and hoped to God both rooms were soundproofed. Liz suspected it was a rare and unexpected treat for them to make love instead of fucking, the Princess and her Warlord didn’t strike her as the type for anything otherwise, and she so did not want to be an unwanted spectator to the sounds. If there was one thing she didn’t need at the moment was being kept awake at night by the sounds of furious fucking.

She turned in her perusal of the room to arch an eyebrow over he shoulder at her companion but said nothing. She adjusted the weight of her duffel on her shoulder.

“I’ll leave ya’s to unpack.”

Who said the Stonewall could never take a hint.

Without waiting for an answer or acknowledgement Rath beat a hasty retreat. He didn’t have to be connected with the girl to feel the pain, grief, and bittersweet sadness that came off this gal in rippling bouts. He had to leave before he said something that could possibly be considered concern; he wasn’t ready for that yet.

Damn it, she getting’ ta me and she ain’t even bein’ nice! Rath growled, frustrated.

But when have you ever liked nice women and your sister doesn’t count! a little voice, suspiciously like his but not, teased his brain

Shut up! Rath snarled back, irritably jerking his shoulders.

He ran his fingers through his mohawk once again, gradually running his hand down the side of his face to come to rest on his chin. His long fingers reached upward and toyed with the hoop out of his lip, an agitated gesture on his part.

“Great, now Iz fucking arguing wit myself.”

~~~

KiaraAlexisKlay
Addicted Roswellian

Hey y'all! Last post before Christmas and before I have to work! You have a merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

~~~
Chapter 12
~~~

Zan found his second leaning against the wall opposite the door to Liz’s room, staring vacantly at the wood of the closed portal. If he didn’t know better, he’d think his second was worried and deeply troubled. Not his bro, his right hand, his rock.

“Yo, Rath,” Zan began, a little unsure why his brother was here without Liz in sight. A quick check through the link showed all was well with Liz so he didn’t feel threatened on that front.

“Yo,” Rath barely acknowledged his king, which in itself was troubling. Rath was always such a stickler for protocol.

“How she doin’?” he questioned, knowing his General would tell him what was going on when he felt it the right moment. Until then he wouldn’t press.

But damn, he hated waiting, almost as much as Rath did.

“Probably plotting yo’s demise as painfully and drawn out as possible,” Rath snorted, face grim but faintly amused.

Zan couldn’t help but chuckle and sent a wistful glance across the hall; the door was still closed, and he sighed. The memory of that stolen kiss was still the forefront of his mind; her unique taste lingering on his tongue as a pleasant aftertaste and he swore his body was still tingling and burning from wherever she had touched him. He shook himself and stood up, thumping his second on the arm to get his attention, and then strode down the hall. Rath tagged along after another brief, but considering, look at the door.

“How she doin’?” Ava asked worriedly, as soon as her brother and her lover-turned-friend-and-brother entered the kitchen area again in the converted warehouse. She and Lonnie were drinking some hot tea, and there were two mugs steeping in wait for the pair.

Breakfast seemed to have been forgotten for the moment and Ava’s questioned seemed loaded in a suddenly thick, moment of silence. The men of the family shared a look, each one laden with meaning and not exactly for the same reasoning.

Out of them all, Liz’s attitude and actions would probably affect her the most, since it was her dupe who had ruined the poor girl’s life. Despite the funky and multi-colored hair, the piercings and overall punk look, Ava was truly the most sensitive and friendly of them all. Zan had always suspected she was borderline empathic, so this was an added blow to the sweet girl in front of them.

“She aiight fer now,” Rath finally shrugged in answer letting out a sigh as he broke eye contact with Zan, accepting a mug from Lonnie.

“Do ya’s think she might learn to like me?” Ava worried her bottom lip between her teeth.

She tried not to cry, it was such a cornball reaction, but it was difficult not to when her gruff and tough as nails sibling gathered her in his arms as he hadn’t done for years. He set their drinks aside, and started to rub her back and soothe her wordlessly. Ava clutched desperately to her big brother, burying her head in his chest, taking comfort in the strong arms and scent that surrounded her.

“Why shouldn’t she? A couple days wit us an’ she’ll know ya’s not da b’tch who ruint her.”

“Thanks, Lon, ya always know what ta say,” Zan smiled at his own sister, even as he rolled his eyes and grabbed a special beer and Tabasco mix from the cupboard. The mix was in a recycled Tabasco bottle and put to good use.

He sweet and spiced his tea, recapped the bottle, and tossed it over to Rath, who deftly caught it with one hand. Perhaps because they were more alien than human now, Zan, Lonnie, and Rath were able to drink alcohol without any of the…interesting after effects. Oh, they could still get drunk if they had enough, but it was more like a ‘normal’ human would and they weren’t smashed after a single mouthful. Ava fought back a scowl…she was feeling ready to kill her own double, and being able to taste beer, real beer without manipulating the alcohol outta it or going all schizoid funky would just be icing on the cake.

“I think da one who has ta worry is Zan,” Lonnie continued, sending a sly glance her brother’s way.

Rath started to chuckle again, setting Ava off in some sniffling giggles. The trio sent their leader amused glances, trying not to laugh too hard at his comically aggrieved features.

As long as dey laughin itz all good, Zan shrugged, trying to ignore the upsetting feelings that was a reaction not to the teasing, but from this whole damn situation.

“She certainly don’ like takin’ orders from da Man,” Ava continued, snickering as she hid in her brother’s chest once more.

“Dat iz gospel,” Lonnie agreed, smirking, as one hand absently rubbed against her mate’s shoulder, taking the bottle away from him and preparing the tea the way he liked it. She stole a sip from the mug, winking at his mock glare, even as she handed it over.

She made a big production of licking the moisture off her lips, letting her tongue linger on her full, luscious lips, irrationally thrilled at the darkened eyes and true scowl sent by her lover.

“Aww…Lonnie!” Ava mock-whined. “It’s nice ta know ya and my bro like and enjoy each other; it another ta feel it! So stop it,” the blond elf admonished.

“What…natural reaction,” Rath snorted, calming himself down, even though there really hadn’t been a physical need…that time. It was a good thing Lonnie quit her teasing cause he couldn’t set that in stone.

Ya is goin’ to git it b’tch, he promised his lover through their link and she just bated her lashes at him, giving him innocent eyes. He grunted, not convinced at all, and she smiled.

“She been through a ton of shit, aiight, it’d make anyone’s b’tchy,” Zan surprised them all by jumping to Liz’s defense…especially so soon after that little display a few minutes earlier.

Zan wasn’t even looking at them, just staring across the room and leaning against the table chair with his arms crossed. The same chair he had sat with Liz in and Rath sobered instantly, recalling the feelings he’d felt from his King’s potential mate, shivering as he thought of the bleakness and despair in those doe colored eyes right before he had made his exit. He’d seen that expression in his past life, on many a soldier’s face. The shell-shocked mentality that left one vulnerable and unstable, a particularly dangerous combination especially if coupled with the apparent survivor’s guilt she carried.

And Rath couldn’t deny any longer that Liz was a shattered warrior who’d seen too much and had to watch all of her family, her friends, her unit and bondmates, slaughtered. He only hoped that she wouldn’t choose the suicide option, and determined he’d keep an eye on her, and not just for Zan’s sake.

Liz had touched that part of him that remembered the harsh realities of fighting a war, of loosing good men and women not just to enemy fire, but also by their own hand. He’d let Khivar damn him to another life again before he let that happen.

“Zan…” he began urgently, tense. Zan met his eyes and the men had a moment of perfect clarity.

“She wouldn’t suicide,” Lonnie insisted, though her eyes were as wide as Ava’s, catching the drift of her mate’s thoughts.

Surely not! she thought, eyeing her brother with tense trepidation.

She liked the girl but she really didn’t know her, though her plight was unfortunate. Her partial bond with her brother could mean his life or death…and she’d rather choose her brother over an outsider any time.

“Iz knows, duke,” Zan responded grimly and Rath could see that possibility hadn’t escaped his King’s notice, which irrationally made him feel relieved.

“She couldn’t…?” Ava half asked, half stated, looking around for reassurance that her dour faced brother didn’t provide.

“She might…if she don’t get a reason ta live.” Lonnie now looked worried and sidled closer to her mate. “Her friends dying round ‘er, losing her King – yes, he was her king and love and you know it!”

Brother and sister, King and Princess, glared at each other for a moment before Zan grudgingly grunted in acquiescence. His own little trips into Liz’s mind had confirmed this fact and close as they were bonding it was difficult enough for them to keep anything from one another. Zan was able to hide his thoughts and feelings by virtue of the fact that Liz had no clue about their bonding yet and therefore, didn’t know there was a connection she could press upon.

“Den we’s can’t leave ‘er alone!” Ava cried, interrupting the sibling glare fest, horrified but now decisive. “An whatz bout her powers…she ain’t human anymore, she’s kinda like us, and she needs us if only ta keep from blowing ‘er and anyone nearby up!”

She’d only just met the girl, but somehow, Liz Parker seemed to draw one to her. She sensed, at the risk of being called cornball, that if given a chance Liz could become someone great, and possibly a good friend.

“But we’s can’t jest coddle ‘er,” Lonnie remarked thoughtfully, rubbing Rath’s shoulder as he still held his sister, but both siblings had eased up in their embrace. “If ‘er reaction ta da Man is anyting, she tougher dan ‘er being cornball credits.”

The other three nodded, admitting the truth and wisdom in Lonnie’s words. If anyone could read a person right, it was Lonnie.

“What if she gets nightmares, like Rath used ta, or tries ta get aways? Or ‘er powers go outta whack?” Ava went on, worrying her lip again, but not clutching her big brother anymore.

“Why ya think Iz had Rath take ‘er ta da room next ta mine?” Zan spoke for the first time, arching an eyebrow toward his petite friend.

“Oh.” Ava’s relief was almost comical and gave them all a reason to laugh. After the long morning they had had, it was such a release. No matter what happened next, da Man had a plan.

“What we’z gonna do bout the Granolith?” Rath questioned.

“What is it? A spaceship or what? Cause Iz don’t think Khivar and Nicky would gets so fired up over a single spaceship when dey’s got bunches more back on Antar,” Ava piped up, slipping from Rath’s grasp with a grateful smile and squeeze, to saunter over to the food.

She waved her hand and the shield that had protected it from Zan’s outburst, which had also doubled to keep it warm, vanished away. Once again, the smells of bacon, eggs, pancakes, hash browns, and sausage filled the kitchen and the four sighed.

“Iz not really sure,” Zan answered her question thoughtfully. “And Iz agrees wit ya, Aves, it don’t make no sense for Khivar to get all worked up over a ship.” He took a sip of his tea, absently warming it up to the desired temperature, and tapping his fingers in frustration.

Lonnie smacked his fingers on her way to get her food, sending him a warning glare, and he scowled back but quit it.

“Unless der was somethin’ on da ship itself,” the Princess added, heaping generous portions on her plate. “Didn’t Kal say that Malaya hid the ship…could dis be in dat pod chamber Liz was talkin’ bout?”

She wasn’t afraid to eat; there was no way she was going to become one of those ultra skinny tall girls who were all bones and stretched skin. Besides…Rath loved her curves, he told her himself, and it wasn’t like she didn’t work it all off anyway.

“What ya mean? Like, some kind of a document or a weapon?” Rath snagged a hash brown off his mate’s plate and popped it into his mouth, earning himself a swat, and a plate shoved into his hands.

“Or a design prototype,” Ava tossed the ideas out as the came. “Perhaps the Granolith is actually like, what, some heirloom or relic?”

“Power,” Zan spoke quietly, and the others paused in what they were doing to listen. Zan looked up and met the gaze of the ones he trusted above all and they were in some awe. This was King Zan.

“The Granolith is power…but of what kind, I can’t seem to remember. Iz thinks ya’ll has some good ideas…something y’all said is ringing a bell but Iz can’t tell which rung it.”

Zan frowned and huffed in annoyance. The others were quiet a moment longer before they slowly returned to their tasks. Ava finished filling her plate and set it aside so she could make one for Zan, who still hadn’t moved from his chair, and took both platters over to the table.

“Thank you,” Zan smiled at her softly and Ava’s heart tripped slightly.

They weren’t like that, she didn’t even think of him like that anymore, but damn was he fine! It had been too long and Ava mentally reminded herself to find someone at the club later on. Speaking of which…

“Who’s gonna run da clubs?”

“Huh?”

“Honey, da food stays in yer mouth and yer mouth stays closed,” Lonnie reached a hand up and gently shut her mate’s mouth, eyes twinkling.

Rath finished swallowing and glared at the tall brunette beside him. She gave him a peck on the lips and smiled.

Ava coughed and Zan rolled his eyes heavenward.

Must breakfast always be so entertaining in their household.

KiaraAlexisKlay
Addicted Roswellian

Sorry for the long wait, but writer’s block on this story and another just kept me away. Then I had this brilliant idea for the Avant Garde Winter Challenge, and so I was busy on that, and then I had a Supernatural Crossover that I’ve been working on off and on. Gah, and working, bleh. Can’t forget the working almost everyday part.

But, here it is. There’s at least five or six more parts left, and how weird is it that I already have the final chapter finished? * shrugs *

Anyway, here is the next chapter, and I know it’s shorter, but please bear with me! Thanks for sticking with this!

~~~
Chapter 13
~~~

Liz tried to silent as she slipped through the corridors of the converted warehouse home to the final remnants of alien royalty.

‘I’m not being sneaky…you only sneak when you have something to hide or get away with,’ she reasoned to herself.

Yet she still stepped carefully and as soundlessly as possible. A week of her life in danger had left it’s mark.

“This is ridiculous,” Liz rolled her eyes, holding back a sigh. “I just want some breakfast, not the freakin’ crown jewels.”

Liz’s stomach gave a loud rumble, echoing her desire. It was stupid Tess’s dupe’s fault – all that good food had reminded her belly it hadn’t ate anything more than cheese and crackers in forever – and stupid Max’s dupe Zan for distracting her from both leaving and eating the first meal of any substantial value.

“Ya coulda said somethin’ earlier.”

Liz let out that surprised eep! unique to the female species and she turned to glare at her intruder.

“Damnit! I would have if you people would quit kissing, shoving me into walls, and ditching me into rooms unknown in this maze of a warehouse you call a home!” Liz huffed and crossed her arms over her chest.

“Gotta say, da feisty shit only works on Zan n’ Rath…kinda gets ‘em excited like,” Lonnie smirked, leaning against a wall, and not intimidated by an angry Liz Parker one bit. “Tho’ Iz suggest ya works dat on Zan n’ leaves my man Rath, ya follow?”

“Sure. Rude and shaggy haired isn’t my flavor.”

“Good,” Lonnie nodded and relaxed further now that the other female knew that Rath was taken.

“So…” Liz began and Lonnie quirked a brow. She sighed.

“May I have something to eat or do I have to find your brother and get pawed at some more before I’m allowed?”

The taller brunette threw her head back and laughed. Liz cocked her head, unused to seeing someone with Isabel’s features and some of her mannerisms enjoy herself so uninhibitedly.

“Girl, Iz thinks dis is da start of a beautiful friendship.”

There was a warmth flickering in those eyes that were just as alien to Liz’s experience with the alien princess as Lonnie’s laughter had been. Perhaps it was because of the bond between healer and patient or not, Liz found herself daring to relax and trust in the taller girl who showed her the way to the kitchen.

‘Don’t get close or too comfortable; they just die or go away,’ Liz had to firmly tramp down on her first instinct to be friends with the other girl. But it was difficult not to like Lonnie.

“Figured ya be hungry later so we’z save ya some,” the tall girl motioned to the waiting food on the table.

“Thank you,” Liz acknowledged the gesture and took a seat. She frowned as she concentrated, reaching out with newfound alien enhanced senses, and letting out a pleased exclamation when she succeeded in fading the force field off her food.

Behind her, Lonnie hid her satisfied and thoughtful grin behind a sip of her fresh mug of coffee.

Interesting.

~~~

Breakfast was a relaxed affair as the two brunettes chit chatted on idle topics, the bond of healing having cemented the beginnings of a mutually respectful friendship.

Lonnie of course, knew all the big events in Liz’s life due to the earlier outburst and healing, so she filled Liz in on what it was like for her and her set to live in New York.

After being entertained for the better part of an hour at some of the group’s antics, Liz finally felt she could ask something that had been bothering her ever since Kal Langley had rescued her.

“Did you ever know that there were others like yourself?” she questioned, sipping her coffee, and savoring the flavor on her tongue. Ah, she’d missed coffee.

Both women had had a few cups each, but that didn’t stop them from enjoying the bitter brew.

“Others like us…ya mean likes our dupes or the aliens from anotha’ world?” Lonnie quirked an amused brow and lips.

Liz grinned back and chuckled, shrugging, “Either, or.”

“Well…as ta da whole not exactly human dealio, yeah, we’z always known. Like a pack, ya know? Rath, Aves, and Zan family, da entire City not right.”

Both ladies laughed at the understatement. Lonnie continued after their mirth died down.

“As fer da other…Iz guess we’z always known, somehow. Likes da twins separated from birth, ya jest feel like there’s somethin’ or someone out there waitin’ fer ya, every now and then. Like somethin’s missin’ but ya don’t know what. We’s figured out early, ‘bout a year n’ a half after we’s hatched and Kal finally found us and told us the spiel after Rath and Zan figured out he wasn’t da Big Bad. Ya know, ya is cloned alien royalty, blah, blah, ya destined to mate wit each other, yadda, yadda, ya all suck.”

Lonnie went silent, thinking back to that painful time. Liz was quiet as well, her silence encouraging the other girl to finish, but Lonnie was unsure where to go from there.

“Did you ever try to find them?” Liz wanted to know and Lonnie’s derisive snort answered.

“At first we’z wanted ta. More family ya know? It woulda been tight, da eight of us together. But Kal told us not ta, and not jest cause we’d only recently hatched and weren’t as in control of our powers as we should. We’z are, was, da bad batch, da last ditch effort, da anomalies, and we’z wasn’t fit to be in touch wit da ‘real’ Royal Four.”

“What a load of shit!” Liz burst out, unable to comprehend. No wonder they hadn’t wanted nothing to do with the Pod Squad.

Lonnie gave a tired smile and a shrug, “Itz all good.”

“No, no it’s not all good! Why, when I think of what you all could have accomplished together…Michael wouldn’t have went without family for so long, he might have actually turned out pretty decent, and Isabel wouldn’t have been such a Ice princess, and maybe the Bitch wouldn’t have turned out to be such a bitch after all.”

Liz humphed and sat back down at the table, glaring and scowling at her mug on the table top. Lonnie was touched and more than a little amused.

“What?”

“Nothin’. Ya is jest kinda cute when ya gets all angry fer da underdog. Iz can see why Zan’s taken wit ya.”

“What? Zan taken…oh, nuh-uh. No way. That’s bad, very bad. I mean…me and alien kings don’t have the best record, and oh, yeah, let’s just say it brought a lot of the bad stuff in my life…in my life. No, me definitely not cute and he’s so not taken with me,” Liz babbled on and Lonnie watched, fascinated.

Lonnie was about to say something, her resolve face on, when Liz suddenly stiffened and the air seemed to charge. Keeping one eye on Liz, Lonnie reached out with her senses, and she could see Ava out of the corner of her eye coming in with her empty coffee mug. The smaller girl froze, like a druggie getting busted during a raid, and shifted from one foot to the other.

“Um…hi,” the little blond greeted the pair, quite suddenly very nervous and apprehensive as she caught on to the emotions in the kitchen.

Liz’s entire face was a mottled white, to match the pained and defeated slump of Ava’s shoulders.

“Yo, Aves, fille yer mug and c’mere. We’z just havin’ some girl talk,” Lonnie called out to her sister friend.

She knew she’d done the right thing in taking charge as both girls looked at the taller woman with varying degrees of shock. If her sister weren’t as hurt and affected by all this, than Lonnie would have found this amusing.

“Ava ain’t da bitch ya’s gunnin’ fer,” Lonnie leveled Liz with a no-nonsense look. “So dont’cha be treatin’ ‘er like such or we’s gonna rumble. Ava is my sis n’ she comes first, Iz won’t put up wit her being treat like shit in ‘er own home. So ya best be getting over whateva hang-ups da other b’tch done ta ya, cause Ava didn’t do nothin’ ta ya ta treat ‘er likes dis.”

Liz looked like she was going through some serious battle of wills, and Lonnie hoped for Zan and Ava’s sake she chose the right way.

“I understand,” the petite brunette finally managed, and it looked like it really cost her. Ava sent a grateful look and mental hug her sister’s way.

“Good,” Lonnie nodded, satisfied with her day’s work. And it wasn’t even noon yet.

Ava quickly turned away to fill her cup with the last of the coffee so the others wouldn’t see the tears in her eyes. When she turned back around she was more composed, and took a seat between Liz and Lonnie on purpose. She was taking Lonnie’s lead, and if Liz was met face on with her problems, the sooner they could move her out of the rut of self pity and maybe have her living again.

Liz had to force herself not to flinch, repeating, ‘she’s not Tess, she’s not Tess,’ over and over again, until her white knuckled grip on her mug wasn’t so…white knuckled. Intellectually, she knew that Ava wasn’t Tess…one had only to look at the clothes and be with the two five minutes and you could tell the difference. Aside from the obvious punk versus preppy chic, there was something in their mannerisms that set them apart. Ava was soft, gentle, and had a zany personality. Tess had a cool aloofness that only Kyle or Jim Valenti had seemed to penetrate, but even then she was calculating and stand offish, even to the others.

‘C’mon Parker, step up.’

Liz decided it wasn’t a bad idea to listen to her inner Guerrin, so she took a breath, and then looked directly at the girl who scared her more than anything.

“I can’t promise I don’t or won’t have issues because of your psycho twin.” Liz swallowed and then pressed on.

“But I can promise that I’ll try to treat you fairly. I may have problems,” Lonnie snorted at that, “but I’ll do my best.”

Ava looked at the other girl thoughtfully, this was almost too much to ask for. Liz’s pain and struggle was obvious to one as sensitive to others as she was, but Ava could also appreciate how much this cost her.

“Iz can deals wit dat,” the small blond nodded slowly.

Liz tried not to feel too shamed by the hope and cautiousness in that cerulean gaze.

“I’m Liz.”

Liz held out the hand not wrapped around her mug. Ava blinked, staring at the proffered hand with a bemused look, and then at the woman extending the metaphorical olive branch. A slow smile crept across her elfin features and then she laughed as she reached over and bumped her fist against the other girl’s palm.

“Ya is so cornball!” she shook her head, laughing again with Lonnie as Liz finally caught on.

“We’z gonna ‘ave our work cut out makin’ ‘er presentable,” Lonnie chuckled, both girls winking at each other.

“Why do I get the feeling this can be no good?” Liz sighed, but inwardly she was pleased.

~~~

KiaraAlexisKlay
Addicted Roswellian

Yes, another chapter, yay for me! The rest of the chapters will be moving along kinda fast pov wise, but I think you’ll like what I have in store for ya. I’ve been writing on receipts that people didn’t want at work, so I can get these chapters out, lol.

This will be the last chapter I post for a while, there's some RL issues that I need to take care of so this is an extra specially long update, I hope to tied you over until I can return.

Thanks to all of those who have reviewed, I don’t have a lot of time so I can’t individually thank you. But this is for all of those who have stuck with me from the beginning and bumped me along.

Oh, and on a disclaimer note, the names of the clubs and stores I created, as far as I know, don’t exist so I should be okay on that part. On the other hand, I mention a few books and one television series in particular, and I don’t own those either, they aren’t mine, I’m just mentioning them.

~~~
Chapter 14
~~~

The next few weeks passed by fairly quickly, much to Liz’s surprise and dismay. Surprise because she expected the B’tch and her Watchdog to have come storming after her much sooner, and dismay when she realized how much she was enjoying New York living with the Dupes.

Much to the contrary, her new friends were fantastic in ways that made her tear up at their kindness. After the Breakfast Breakthrough, the three females became fast friends, in spite of Liz’s reluctance to get close to anybody else. The two alien hybrids were determined not to let Liz pull away, and it was difficult for Liz to be distant from people who didn’t seem to care one way or another, just keeping on being themselves.

When Ava found out Liz had a grand total of perhaps twenty items of clothing combining her pants, shirts, and undergarments and that she had been wearing her only clean set left, the elfin blonde nearly exploded in anger and dismay. By mutual consent of the two other girls, to which they gave Liz no choice but to go along, they took her ‘shopping’ in their respectable closets.

Lonnie and Ava gave her the clothes they hadn’t worn in a while or had been planning to give away. A little wave of an alien powered hand, and they were tailored to fit Liz perfectly, or the colors changed to those more suitable for her. Liz also had them alter a few cuts or styles to something a little more modest on some of the more risqué outfits.

That’s the scene that the boys came home to after their tour of the various clubs and other businesses the New York Four owned and managed. There was the sound of laughter and hilarity as Liz paraded in front of the others modeling the clothes and shoes she’d been given, all of them not bothering to hide their mirth.

Ava’s earlier explosion didn’t compare to the one Zan had as soon as he saw Liz in one of her new (and more modest) outfits.

“What da hell are ya’s thinking going out fer clothes when ya got dat B’tch n’ prolly all da Skins in da City lookin’ fer ya! Did ya not know anything?” he’d accused and Liz’s eyes had swiftly changed color from dark chocolate to liquid amber.

Liz stood before him a vision of naughty and nice: tight black pants of what was probably leather clung to her legs, a little baggy at the knees, before being encased by the black heeled combat boots that laced almost all the way to her knees. The pants laced up from the legs, so between the laces glimpses of golden skin peeked through.

She wore a crimson colored spaghetti camisole that modestly covered her whereas her button up shirt was Office Slut Chic, the buttons not even starting until they were almost to her navel, and the deep plunging v-cut of the neckline would have shown off more skin had that camisole been underneath.

Ava had apparently gotten a hold of her hair, washing and cutting and styling it in long layers to feather around her face, deeping the base color to an almost red wine with black and auburn highlights of various sizes streaked through her hair. Lonnie had given her smoky eyeshadow and pitch black mascara and liner so those amazing doe eyes looked darker and larger and sexier...

Damn, Zan thought, stomach twisting painfully.

But the expected comeback came from a different quarter as Lonnie and Ava stepped up to defend their new friend.

“Yo, Zan, watch it! Get ta know da facts afore ya blow like Mt. Saint Helens,” Ava scowled up at her former lover as she placed a soothing hand upon Liz’s shoulders.

“Fer ya information, Liz didn’t go out today, she’s went shoppin’ in mine and Ava’s closets fer some new duds, seeing as all hers are in da wash. Aves n’ I aren’t stoopid, and even if she had gone out, Aves n’ I woulda gone wit her and ya know we’z can handles ourselves.”

The glare Lonnie sent her brother’s way was in no way intimidated by his kingly status, or the fury that was barely contained, sending little rivulets of bronzed energy coursing over his arms.

“Hey, duke, take it down a notch, aiight?” Rath warned softly, knowing eyes noting that as Zan’s powers increased, so did Liz’s.

Hey, your girl is reacting to your powers, keep it DOWN! he sent on a tight wave so Liz wouldn’t pick it up.

The thought that the B’tch could have gotten her had nearly given him a heart attack, and he could see his powers were bringing Liz’s to the front, but feeling guilty and apologizing wasn’t in da Man’s codebook.

“Well, da next time she needs somethin’ n’ she needs to go out, someone goes wit her at all times,” he nodded and that’s when Liz had more than a few words for the spike haired king.

They yelled at one another, Zan only slightly mollified by Lonnie and Ava’s earlier explanations, but still unyielding on his edict for her safety. Liz was furious that once again, another alien king was making decisions for her, without consulting or asking if she was okay with it. She may have had to put up with Max because she loved him, but damn it, this other King had no right on her life.

“You don’t control my life!” Liz had shouted back at him and Zan grabbed her roughly and shook her.

“B’tch, ya on my turf, ya my responsibility!”

“Fine! I’ll just leave your fucking turf and I’m not a bitch, I’m Liz!”

The slap seemed to come out of nowhere to stun all of them except Liz, thought perhaps they should have expected it. Liz stormed past the surprised king with her hand mark reddening on his face, and his family. She was already out the door and on the street by the time any of them recovered enough to go after her.

"Stupid fucking men who gives me fucking orders! I am not some piece of ass that he can just plop down and says when to jump, breathe, or...shit!" Liz yelped as she was ingloriously plucked from the street and tossed over Zan’s shoulder when he finally caught up with her, the other three playing interference so no one was the wiser and muting the sounds of Liz’s tirade.

"Put me down asshole!" Liz kept hitting and smacking the broad back she was facing upside down, and Zan strolled back into the crib where he dumped a still fuming Liz.

"Liz..." Ava began but Liz interrupted, never taking her gaze off Zan.

"No, Ava, don't. If Mr. High and Mighty over here can't even figure out to ask what's going on instead of shooting off his mouth, I'll just take my chances out there!"

"Damn girl, why's ya being so difficult?"

"Why are you being an ass?" Liz had come off.

Still, there was a good outcome to all of this, despite Liz’s many attempts at escaping whenever Zan would finally push her enough. The result brought Liz to one of her most interesting friendships, that being with Rath. This had come after Liz’s most recent escapade, when two men had tried to mug her, and the boys had to rescue her.

Zan had asked – rather ordered- that Rath train her in self-defense and to find out the extent and intensity of her powers, since anything Zan did with Liz resulted in a screaming match with her usually being thrown against the nearest wall and kissed senseless.

Those electrifying sessions of amazing mouth and tongue make out was what kept Zan’s hope alive that Liz would yield to him. For it was in the way that she curved her body to mold to his, her initial fight but fast acceptance of his mouth to hers, all of it told him that on some level this bond wasn’t a fluke. That few minutes where they were perfectly in sync, her clever tongue and fast learning left him desperate for more, more of her. It was in those moments that she let her guard down around him, and he felt they were making progress. He’d gentle his touch once he had her pinned, and slowly, he got her used to his hands on her body, which couldn’t hide it’s reaction to him and his touch alone and the deep moans from the back of her throat was music to his ears.

Rath was reluctant to do as his king asked at first- with good reasoning Liz noted. She herself wasn’t happy about the order, but not for the one that the others would think. Out of all the twins – as Liz had come to think of the dupes – Rath was the one she had the most problems with. Oh, not the kind of problems that she had with Zan, and not really problems at all. It was just that Rath reminded her of Michael so much it hurt.

While she and Michael had never been bosom buddies like Max and Maria had become, there was still respect and a grudging friendship, and Liz had been sorely disappointed that the relationship had never had the chance to mature. She trusted Rath the way she trusted Michael and that scared her almost as much as Zan liking her did.

Lonnie and Ava deciding to make it a group event for at least a couple days a week helped ease the initial tenseness for both Rath and Liz. These sessions allowed Liz to see Zan in a different role other than Royal Pain in her Ass. She could almost like him but she was careful to keep any of that hidden deep within. And so what if she looked forward to seeing him with his shirt off, and all dripping with sweat, defining all those curves and cuts and…okay, off topic there!

Liz and Rath got along just fine within the first few minutes of the first training session, and after that, they got along famously. It was, Liz reflected with only a slight pang, what she and Michael would have come to eventually. Not quite brother and sister like, but close. Rath in teacher mode was amazingly patient, given his usual impatience, showing her the basics of self-defense with a few kata’s and Tai Chi mixed in for balance, control, and meditation. Liz’s alien side enjoyed this and took it to heart, improving on what was a surprising natural ability. Or perhaps since being Changed, it had nothing to do with Liz, but everything to do with the hybrid.

Times like that reminded her keenly of Kyle and his whole Buddha loving outlook, who had been trying to get her and Maria to join him in his morning yoga and meditations, claiming everyone could benefit from it. Maria had joked he just wanted to see her and Liz in spandex, to which the adorable Valenti just reddened slightly but smirked anyway saying something about ‘ick, potential step-sister’ and ‘yum, former girlfriend.’

It was Lonnie who helped her the most with her powers, though the quickest way to get her powers to respond was just to have Zan in the room. Liz didn’t know why this fact caused Lonnie and Rath to swap knowing looks, or Ava to giggle and Zan to look anywhere but at her. Lonnie determined she had a blend of the main powers, but that her strength was like most of the female of their species, in her mental abilities. Mainly astral projection – Zan looked away at this one as well- and a little bit of clairvoyance. Not necessarily the future, but sometimes the past, and not just when the Twinned Four came to the warehouse either.

Ava was the one who encouraged Liz to come with them, and to find some work at one of the many business they owned. It seemed that the Twinned Foursquare had been quite busy, what with their negligent protector and trying to find some worth. Lonnie and Ava both worked the tattoo and piercing parlor down the street, though they alternated days so that one could work at the store, while another could work at the Grunge. The Grunge was an adult boutique, and that was the kindest term Liz could think of. There was bondage wear, from clothing (if you could call it that) to handcuffs, to whips, and a whole bunch of other things that caused Liz to blush. Especially when she recognized some of the items from Lonnie and Rath’s bedroom from the time Lonnie got in her closet to donate some of Liz’s outfits.

The boys had laughed at her reaction and Liz had nearly fled when Rath came up, nudged her in the ribs and grinned, as he pointed out a book.

“Ya won’t have ta reads dat if’n ya want,” he chuckled, wiggling his eyebrows meaningfully, as Liz gasped when she read the titles. There was the Kama Sutra in several different variations, Sex for Dummies by Doctor Ruth, and much, much more.

“But Rath,” Liz began when she was recovered. “It’s all right, really. Lonnie told me how often you had to study these in order to get it right.”

The other three laughed hilariously at the surprised, then rueful look that passed over Rath’s face, and in a rare moment of truce, Liz allowed Zan to wrap an arm around her shoulder and pull her to him.

“Dat a girl,” he grinned down at her, proud. Not many could get the drop on Rath, but she had accomplished it beautifully. Liz found herself grinning back, and couldn’t help but lean in closer, taking in his scent and enjoying the feel of him around her.

Damn her, she couldn’t understand what it was about him that drew her to him, was it because of that moment the night before they found her when she connected with him? What was it with her and alien kings anyway?

Then there were the nights at the clubs, where the boys mainly worked. There were four of them, all around the warehouse district within walking distance of home, and each one was the personal baby of one of her Four.

Rath and Lonnie both co-owned their clubs, but War n’ Peace was his favorite while Lonnie preferred Suck U By. Rath’s was more of a raunchy, heavy metal club where the harder punks and Goths could come and enjoy the dark atmosphere and screaming music.

Lonnie’s was one that Liz refused to go back to when she realized it was a BDSM club. She knew that Lonnie and Rath were into that, but that didn’t mean she had to like seeing people basically have sex wherever they could find a place to do it in. Sex clubs weren’t for her and she was thankful that Lonnie was only amused and not offended by her reaction.

“Don’t worry, ya’ll prolly be back once ya get ya a guy jest to try it,” the taller girl had winked at her, leaving her as red faced as Bob the Tomato off VeggieTales ©.

Ava’s club Iced was more her speed, reminding her very much so of the one shown in the movie The Island, with all the see-through tables, glasses, and serving trays. Everything from the bar itself to the stools and even the walls and dance floor were of see through material. Fiber optic lights built into the bar, tables, stools, and dance floor coupled with the dry ice billowing around gave the ‘chilled ice’ look. The music varied, but was more around the rock-pop and had actual bands that Liz recognized and could sing along with.

Zan’s was a mixture of all the finer parts of Laurel K. Hamilton’s Anita Blake series of clubs: there was a small stage for strippers in the best tradition of Guilty Pleasures with male and female strippers though they obeyed a strict No Complete Nudity code.

On the other side of the club was almost a restaurant in the best of the Lunatic Café that served classy fair like steak and potatoes to hamburgers and fries and buffet. The bar was dark and fitting like Dead Dave’s Diner with quiet, dark corners if you felt like being alone or tables and booths either double or group sized that had little fiberoptic lamps that mimicked candlelight.

But perhaps the biggest draw was the dance floor. Just like Danse Macabre, the entire place was a converted warehouse, with the largest portion being the dance floor and the colorful dancers that performed each night. Everybody from street to preppy to choreographed dancers could come here. In fact, if you could blend styles then it was much approved and encouraged. There were set days and times for different styles, like techno night, to rock night, to pop night, and so forth. But every night, or morning, after midnight, it became a free for all.

This club was Zan’s baby: Skinned. Another thing that most people didn’t know, at least the humans, was that many of the patrons were actually aliens, alien hybrids, or humans used as alien hosts. No Skins dared come here, though. Liz was amazed at the ingenious of it all…and Kal and the rest thought that Zan and his crew were the screw ups? They practically had intergalactic central in this one club, with the Four having contacts with the powerful and the important from literally all over the galaxy.

It was really something.

Liz worked at Zan and Ava’s club, alternating the days she worked there, and if she worked more one week at Ava’s than Zan’s…so what? He didn’t have to get in a snit over it.

All of this was almost enough for Liz to forget her pain and the absence of her friends for a little while. Almost. At least until the guilt set in, and then the nightmares that would follow.

The last time she had woken up from her nightmare, she was wrapped in a pair of arms that exuded warmth and comfort and she hadn’t felt this safe in a long time. A familiar presence touched her mind and she instinctively reached out and snuggled her way deeper into that security, and she swore it tightened about her. It was like an almost audible click was heard, and she eventually doze away with a smile on her face.

When she woke up more naturally a few hours later, she was shocked to find Zan spooning behind her.

“What the hell!” she’d shouted, trying and failing to free herself from the tangle of blankets, sheets, and limbs she’d found herself in.

“Easy, Angel,” a somewhat sleepy Zan had carefully released her, trying and failing not to smirk as he got a good look at her.

Liz was standing in the middle of that room of all blue, in a vibrant red sleep set that would be more at home in his own black and red themed room than here. The top was a sheer lacy cami that hugged her curves and ended just above her navel, while her low rise boy short bottoms were of the same material and left a swath of her tummy exposed for his viewing pleasure.

Her long hair, now layered and darkened to a red wine color thanks to Ava, was ruffled and fluffed from sleep, and her face was flushed to match. Eyes flashing fire and Zan had to do all he could not to take her right then and there.

“What are you doing in here? How did you get in here?” Liz wanted to know and she wasn’t in the mood to be distracted.

Why the hell was he not wearing a shirt? the indignant part of her demanded, but the other part, the one that was all female and had gotten to know him, was jumping for joy and doing cartwheels.

She thought Max’s chest had been amazing it was nothing compared to da Man in front of her. And did she really just think of Zan as da Man? She shook her head to clear it, but it seemed her gaze seemed to be drawn to glistening silver barbell pierced through one nipple, and the captive bead on the other. And if it didn’t stay on one of those two, it caressed his naked sleekness down to the various words and images inked on that amazing skin.

Zan held his breath as Liz checked him out and he was thankful that the covers still hid his lower half from view. Amidst the self-righteous anger and indignation, there was curiosity and a hunger that Zan only wanted to encourage.

He decided to spare her and just tell her the truth. This was the first time that she had awoken from a night where she’d had a nightmare before he had the chance to escape back to his room. The only reason he could give for this, as he was usually a light sleeper, was the fact that last night she’d reached out to their bond and had added another link to keep them together, something that tired both parties out.

“Ya had a nightmare, Liz,” he began, softly, so as to not scare her. But he was being honest and Liz was actually listening. Another good sign.

“I have them all the time now,” she tried to sound gruff, but the slight tremor of her voice and bottom lip betrayed her. Zan tried not to groan or growl as her tongue darted out to wet her lips, and then her teeth came to nibble on the bottom one.

“Iz knows,” he admitted and Liz’s surprised eyes flew to his.

“Okay, Angel, don’t get mad, but Iz known since ya got here.”

“How?” she whispered and Zan wanted more than anything to hold her at that moment.

“Kinda hard not ta when ya screaming ya head off enough ta wake da dead,” Zan shrugged ruefully. His heart still pounded every time he recalled that first night.

“Why didn’t you wake me?” she demanded softly and her brown eyes were filled with tears of embarrassment at having been seen at her weakest and most vulnerable. It was too much and Zan stood up, the covers sluicing around him and he stalked barefoot toward her clad in his black silk pajama bottoms.

“We’z tried. All of us, Aves, Rath, Lonnie, me. Ya wouldn’t stop thrashin’ n’ screaming until Iz held ya,” he reached out ran a knuckle lightly over one side of her face.

“Really?”

“Really,” he nodded, lowering his head toward her, trying to keep her gaze on his.

“I’ve been having them every night,” she spoke slowly, brows knit together as she was thinking, unconsciously tilting her head into his touch.

“Uh-hmm.”

“Have you been here, all along?”

“Da only way fer ya ta sleep,” Zan admitted just as quietly.

So close, so close, so close; Zan’s heart wasn’t the only one beating wildly to this mantra.

“Thank you,” she tilted her head up just a fraction and there was his waiting mouth. Both moaned in pleasure at the contact and Liz’s arms came up on their own accord to drape around his neck and pull his head down further, deepening the kiss.

“God, Liz,” Zan groaned against her mouth and his own arms wrapped around her waist and pulled her in tighter. He growled as her tongue snaked into contact with his, and the pair dueled about, neither one really wanting to dominate, just exploring.

He nipped at her lips, delighting in the pleased, guttural growls and noises Liz made, letting him know she liked that. A roguish smile played on his lips even as he took her bottom lip between his teeth, sucking and biting and licking until they were plump and tender.

Her nails dug into the back of his neck and he hissed, the pain/pleasure amazing and Liz fought back, turning her head so she could graze the underside of his jaw and down his neck with little nips and licks before he reclaimed her mouth as his right.

Shakarai k’fai, Zan thought, pulling them back until he hit the bed, and Liz eagerly pushed him backward and he let her, bringing her with him. This really was heavenly complete. He allowed her to remain on top and to a certain degree in charge. But the fact was he enjoyed the feeling of her weight on top of his, her curves melding to him.

He ran his hands up the lacy roughness of her camisole, and growled at the first skin-to-skin contact he’d had with her since that very first day. Liz’s soft little mewl drove him to new boldness but he didn’t want to scare her, even now. So he contented himself with caressing up and down her spine, and shuddered as her own tiny, nimble hands trailed and down his chest, his ribs, down the side of him until her fingers met black silk and then they traveled a long, slow, and molten trail back up.

Zan broke their kiss and then nipped and suckled at her throat, Liz gasping and arching her head back to wantonly invite him to more. Consequently, this brought her front and lower into more contact with his body, and he could hardly contain himself. Her breasts smashing into him, her small heat seemed to burn where it lay on his thigh and it took every ounce of self-control not to take her.

This had to be her choice, the sane part of him reasoned.

He buried his face between her neck and shoulder, taking in her scent, and nearly whimpering as he caught the faint traces of Liz and something deeper, something primal. It tried to unlock an answering feralness but Zan held back. It wasn’t the time.

It was a good thing too, because Liz seemed to snap out of whatever it was, to gasp and not in pleasure. Zan instantly froze in time with her and waited, knowing what was going to come but dreading it all the same.

“I’m sorry!” she cried, surprising him, before bursting into tears and jumping off him, face flaming, to run into the bathroom. The door slamming and the sound of the lock clicking in place, in addition to the sobs that couldn’t be completely muffled, broke his heart further.

“I’m sorry too,” he mumbled, tears of his own tracking down his face, before he sighed and left through the door connecting their rooms. But not after one last wistful, agonized look at the physical door separating them.

He shook his head and gently closed their door.

Lonnie sighed as she heard the raised voices from the direction Zan had darted off to as soon as he came home. Rath winced and came over, shaking his head, plopping down on the sofa by her. His arms immediately wrapped around her and she leaned into his warm strength, irrationally pleased that this fine warrior had chosen her to be his mate.

Rath rolled his eyes and sighed as well, cocking his head to unabashedly ‘listen’ to both his sister and his king’s conversations. Ava was telling him how well Iced was coming along, and how she had gone to the tattoo parlor, thinking about hiring another artist as business was picking up.

A loud crash interrupted the talk, and all held their breaths, then the thumping started again and they all exhaled, though they all were still tense.

“Must be Zan dis time,” Ava mused and her brother nodded.

“Cause if it were Liz, der would be silence while dey fuck wit clothes on,” Rath grinned.

Lonnie slapped him playfully, but didn’t really mean it. More so she could touch his arm, she ran her fingers up and down the muscled appendage, idle and thinking.

“When do ya’s thinks dey’s ever gonna quits fightin’?” she asked aloud to no one in particular.

Rath chuckled and Lonnie closed her eyes, sighing as the action vibrated against her back.

“Lons, da day dat dey quits fightin’ is da day dat Lizzie finally gives in,” he released one arm to stroke her thigh and she arched back into him, splaying her legs just that little bit wider for him to have better access.

Ava didn’t look up from the paper in front of her, going over the club’s books, and determining if it was time to re-order some things.

“Iz don’t think our girl Liz is gonna give in any time soon,” Ava answered absently, nibbling on her bottom lip in a gesture that she’d picked up from Liz, Rath realized.

“Iz almost wish she would,” Lonnie moaned, though whether it was from the Zan-Liz situation or the fact that Rath was teasing her, acting like he was dipping his fingers under her skirt and then laughingly pulling away leaving her frustrated.

“Why’s that?” Ava looked up briefly to catch her sister’s eye, saw what Rath was doing, and rolled her own before going back to her papers.

“Cause all dis sexual tension is drivin’ me nuts,” the Princess growled and Ava laughed.

“Da tension between Zan n’ Liz or because Rath ain’t givin’ ya what ya want?” the pixied alien arched a knowing brow toward her brother’s hands, rolling her eyes once more.

Rath sent his sister a pouting scowl and she just flipped him off as she went back to marking off what she needed to re-order.

“Both,” the brunette snapped, and she tried to jump up off the couch, but Rath held her fast. She could feel his hardness pressing against her rear and it was driving her mad that he wasn’t going to use it.

At least not yet.

“Where ya’s going, sweet?” the husky voice purred in her ear and it took everything in her not to melt.

Damn him, he knew how he affected her, Lonnie frowned mightily as she tried not to give in. Rath was the worst tease and he drove her nuts, she knew better than to retaliate because he’d just drag it on and be insufferable.

“Rath,” she whine-growled, not quite begging. Her breath was coming in ragged gasps and Rath wasn’t helping by gently nipping the sensitive skin between her ear and shoulder. And it wasn’t fair, he was using his hand again, and wasn’t it against the rules that he was nipping her neck and caressing her thigh?

“Iz thinks it got worse when Rath taught her hows ta defend herself,” Ava spoke at the moment that Lonnie was starting to shudder, and it threw Rath off enough for Lonnie to recover and slap her mate away.

“Ava,” Rath’s eyes glowed and his iris’s slitted, displeased at the disruption and escape of his quarry. The press of power shifted and charged the air but Ava merely cocked her right brow, unimpressed.

“Rath,” she repeated in a bland tone.

“What ya mean, Aves?” Lonnie asked, coming to sit by her sister friend and shooting Rath a glare. Her breathing was back to normal somewhat and she gave Ava’s leg a squeeze of gratitude.

Ava smiled slightly and inclined her head, in that moment so regal like the queen she used to be that both Rath and Lonnie stared at her.

“Iz saying dat since Rath taught Liz,” she nodded toward her brother, “hows ta fight n’ protect ‘erself, and ya helpin’ ‘er wit ‘er powers, she can stand up ta him longer. Itz drivin’ him nuts,” she grinned, eyes twinkling.

“She still ends up pinned ta da wall and being kissed like der’s no tomorrow,” Rath pointed out but Lonnie shook her head.

“Only cause she’s lettin’ ‘im. Ya notice dat dey stay lip locked against da wall fer longer? Iz think Zan da Man’s not da only one bein’ driven crazy by all dis UST.”

“Well, dey better do somethin’ about it soon, or she’s not going ta have a choice here soon,” and Rath’s suddenly grim look brought the other two up short.

“What ya mean, bro?” Ava cocked her head.

“Can’t ya smell it?” he quirked a brow toward his sister and his lover, and both women just looked at him. He sighed.

“Must be a guy thing,” he ran a hand through his messy hair, scratching at the back of his neck.

“We’z waiting, bro,” Ava prompted. “A guy thing?”

“Yeah. Iz been noticing da past week during our Tai Chi…Iz think Liz is going inta heat.”

“Shit!”

“No!”

Both girls looked at him in different stages of horror and dismay. Rath nodded.

“Zan isn’t bein’ a fuckin’ ass fer nothin’. Some of it he really can’t help, tho dat don’t excuse the part he hasn’t.”

Ava groaned and buried her head in her hands. “Dis is bad, yo. She supposed ta be going ta Skinned wit Zan, and ifs any of da unmated males catch wind of ‘er, we’z all in trouble.”

“Damn, Zan’s gonna have to claim her all da way,” Lonnie closed her eyes. “And der’s gonna be a fight either way.”

She knew that once Zan claimed Liz fully the bond would be irrevocably permanent and she wouldn’t be able to live her life away from Zan without feeling a part of herself would always be missing. It wasn’t something she wanted for her new friend, but she also couldn’t see any way around it. If Liz were to leave now, she’d be fair game to any male seeking her for his own.

“Iz hope she’s ready fer dis.”

“Me too,” Ava nodded but Rath just shook his head.

“Dis is gonna be bad,” he muttered.

KiaraAlexisKlay
Addicted Roswellian

Chapter 15 INterlude

Hey, y'all. This is an interlude -or a really, really, short chapter. Like I said, Tess wasn't agreeing with me, but this was all that I could manage to write, but never fear, I am working on it. I know what I want to happen I'm just having trouble making it happen if that makes sense.

Anyway, thought I'd post this since it took me longer than I expected for this.

Hope you enjoy it, possibly might give y'all some hint about what's to come, lol.

~~~

Chapter 15 - Or Interlude?

~~~

“What do you mean you can’t find her?”

Nicholas scowled at the dangerously low hissed demand from the repulsive creature before him. How degrading he had to so called ‘abase’ himself before it.

“Just what I said,” the perpetual adolescent mocked. “She’s gone, lost, whatever. I can’t track her.”

“She’s a pathetic human!” Tess spat, and the air seemed to crackle and darken as her eyes glowed brilliant blue flame.

“Then shouldn’t you have been able to find her, or here’s an idea, take her out yourself?”

“If you hadn’t ran as a coward than Kal’laa’ng wouldn’t have come upon us!” Tess sighed.

She felt her headache grow enormously, most likely due to the revolting Skin in the room, and her flesh crawled with his proximity. It was disturbing to hear such malevolence and disgust come from such a young looking creature, but Tess knew better. He was awful and she almost wished she were allowed to pop the back of his husk and watch him turn to ash like those vampires off Buffy or some other cheesy flick.

Nicholas merely snorted, giving the former ‘queen’ a disdainful stare. The past few weeks had been rough on all of them, having had to regroup and stay out of sight of the human authorities, and tempers were shorter with this latest failing.

But that didn’t meant she had to call him a coward.

“It was a tactical retreat, and you have done the same had Rath brought half a mountain upon you. Besides, I wasn’t idiot enough to have destroyed his human pet in front of him, unlike some people with no sense whatsoever. Even I knew better than that.”

“Fool!” Tess growled, scowling darkly. “I was in the damn mountain when it came down!”

“A lady of such beauty shouldn’t frown so, it mars your beauty, my Queen,” Nascedo gently chided his ward as he came strolling into the impromptu wardroom. He limped noticeably and tried not to show how much pain he actually felt.

Kal Langley, trueborn named Kal’laa’ng, onetime best friend and fellow comrades in service to the Antarian royalty, had delivered a double pronged blow that he hadn’t recovered from, the limp being only the physical and outward sign. It exceedingly galled him that it was taking so long to heal.

I tip my glass in acknowledgement of your prowess,Nascedo thought to his fallen brother. Kal had know exactly where to hurt him and how to make sure he stayed hurt, despite or perhaps in spite of his natural healing abilities. Abilities that weren’t helping as much as they should, Nascedo mused grimly.

Nicholas rolled his eyes and barely held back a groan. While had no respect or need for the blond bitch except for his Lord and Master Khivar’s bidding, he did however have a healthy fear and respect for the shapeshifter. It was no accident that the Antarians had chosen Nascedo’s species to protect their young.

Unlike these bastard hybrids, he, Nicholas, had suffered no lapse of memory, and he gave the shifter a small dip of the head in acknowledgement.

Upon hearing Nascedo’s soothing tones, the stress and frown marks smoothed and her eyes dimmed down to ‘normal’ brightness, momentarily thawing as they met her protector and surrogate’s gaze.

Nicholas discreetly watched the byplay, interested despite himself at the import of that gaze. He made a mental note to include this in on his report to his Lord Khivar.

Just a father, just a protector, hmm?

KiaraAlexisKlay
Addicted Roswellian

LOL.

Good gravy y'all won't believe how much drama real life can be! I thought soap operas were supposed to happen only to characters in books or on tv shows. Gah.

But then again, such is the life when you have an older brother with an, ahem, 'active' so called 'lovelife' and a job that can't keep co-workers around. *groans* Long story.

Anyway, I have taken pity on you, my dear readers, and will let you have this section. Things are going to start heating up -ahem!- and I'm just trying to finagel a few things (Tess and the corn flakes are still giving me trouble bleh, I guess I just can't write villians, lol).

So...enjoy!

~~~

~~~

Chapter 16

~~~

She’s tryin’ ta kills me, was the only coherent thought Zan could think, staring at the object of his lustful obsession. Where his sweet, innocent Angel from Cornball Ross-hell had went, he wondered.

Liz was dressed to kill, or more accurately, seduce. Zan’s inner alien and Roswell were of warring mindsets, but he ignored them, keeping an eye on the beauty in front of him. She was talking to Rath –the bastard, who’s happily mated already, not a threat – and he couldn’t help but stare at her tight ass dressed in a barely there scrap of denim dyed a black marbled color.

The sultry siren before him was anything but an angel…fallen angel, or a really, really bad kinda angel,…and Zan was seriously considering locking her in a room, preferably his, for the rest of the night. His managers could handle the club for the night, or the week, or the next few decades of his lifetime, couldn’t they?

Her moderate cleavage had an additional boost in a strapless, red corset-bustier with black piping and bracings, leather boots mojo-ed the same deep red as her top, which coincidentally, matched the base color of her hair. The laces on both the boots and corset were black, while the boots had a two-inch chunk heel, and the flexible leather encased her legs until they almost touched her knees, giving added height and made her legs look longer and leaner.

The bloodwine of her hair seemed to add an air of exotic about her, the alternating narrow and chunky crimson red highlights added with the punky spikes of the now shoulder length gave character. Her makeup was dark and smoky, her eyeliner thick and tilted slightly at the corners, vaguely Egyptian, and her lipstick…Zan had to shake himself and he almost left the room to relieve the growing pressure he was feeling just looking at her.

“Did we’s do good or what?” Lonnie boasted proudly, grinning from ear to ear. She looked…well, like Lonnie. A pair of black silky boy short shorts rested low on her hips, the sides ribboning out to tie around her legs, where they disappeared into the leather of black velvet boots reaching past her knees, the tops flaring back over. Her shirt, if you could call it that, was like a necklace. Like a noose, except it clasped in the back, it started at her neck like any lariat necklace, to fall between her breasts and splitting up.

Hundreds of chains with small links were woven in a mesh to cover her breasts –barely- before coming back to join just under them. Instead of going all around her back like a bra, the line continued just looped over her arms to help hold her breasts in place. The rest of the shirt was gathered underneath and returned to being just one chain until just before her belly button, where it split to wrap around her back like a belly chain.

Rath looked like he was having thoughts of his own about staying in tonight once he caught sight of Lonnie. It made Zan feel a whole lot better.

“Ya, did we’s do good or what?” Ava nudged him, and Zan tore his gaze off the twitching lips as Liz was smirking at Rath’s expression to remember the question at hand.

“Oh, yeah, baby girl, ya’s did good.”

Ava preened under the praise, smiling briefly at his leather clad bod, and then skipped on over with Lonnie to grab to Liz. Zan watched Rath watch and follow the girls –i.e. Lonnie’s ass – and his eyes couldn’t help but look after his red siren.

“Real good,” he whispered softly.

~~~

KiaraAlexisKlay
Addicted Roswellian

Chapter 17

~~~

Skinned was one of the premier clubs in the City, always in demand and the line to enter stretched nearly two city blocks and was continuously being replenished, even after the cutoff when there was more than enough people to max out the Fire Marshall’s limit. Skinned had one rule and one rule only: First come, first served. There were no VIP’s or celebrity entrances to skirt the crowd. You wanted in, you either worked there or you got in line and waited with the others.

Zan played no favorites and refused the politicking games. He got by with it because in addition to the power and ability to back his claims up, he was sincere. And sometimes, not backing down and having everyone know you mean what you say, went a lot farther than all the muscle in the galaxy. Everyone knew that Skinned outlawed segregation of all kinds be they racial, financial, territorial, gender or species oriented. The punk off the street had as much right to be here as the high ranking businessman.

Tonight was no exception and Liz chuckled nervously, amazed as always at the sight as she and the group approached the club and saw the enormous line that stretched as far as the eye could see. It wasn’t even opening time.

Rath grunted non-committally while Lonnie smacked him. Liz’s smile was bittersweet as she remembered all the times she saw Maria pull a similar move on Michael over the years and wondered, not for the first time, how it must be a requirement that the women the former General(s) dated had the seemingly automatic ability to smack him (or is it them?) with the least to no provocation. Or perhaps there was some pheromone or alien quirk that caused said women to smack their men.

“Penny fer ya thoughts, Angel,” Zan’s husky voice tickled her ear and the warmth of him on her neck sent an answering warmth throughout her body, complete with tingles, butterfly acrobatics, and temporary lung failure.

“Just a penny?”

“People’s talk if’n Iz give ya’s what ya deserve,” Zan’s chuckle was as low as the unmentionables that tightened at the sound, and he snagged her by the back of her very short skirt and pressed her back against his front as the two bouncers manning the side entrance marked Employee’s Only let them in with a smirk, his arm taking possession of her waist with such a familiarity and casualness as if they did it often.

“An’ horn dog strikes again,” Ava snorted, giving her streaked blond mane a toss over her shoulder, making Liz blush deeper, but she to his delight didn’t move away from Zan.

“Hello, sir,” Mal’a’kar, the Antarian hybrid Zan had placed in charge over the club, greeted his ‘king’ and entourage, inclining his head in crisp acknowledgement

“Hey, Mal,” Liz smiled at the man who was essentially her ‘boss’ whenever she worked Skinned’s bar or restaurant.

“Ms. Elizabeth,” Mal’s smile was genuine, and if his eyes lingered on her form for a second too long, Zan’s arm around Liz’s waist tightening and the glimmer of gold warned him tread carefully.

“Security watchin’ all dem freaks outside?” Rath butted in bluntly, breaking any tension, and getting down to business.

Mal may be in charge of the club when Zan was away, but listening to Rath give orders was second nature and he didn’t question it. Mal was a second generation hybrid, the so called ‘clone’ of one of the few guards to remain loyal to the original Royal Four, and had himself sent to Earth to watch over them, landing in New York fully grown and looking for the strongest ‘alien’ sense he could. The hierarchy was well known and accepted even if they didn’t stand on ceremony.

Besides, Rath and security and being in charge over it went hand in hand.

“As always, General. My Lady,” Mal bowed to Ava and brushed his lips over the knuckles of her extended hand, earning him a giggle in return and allowing the first real smile to cross his lips.

“Princess.”

“Mal’a’kar,” Lonnie smiled fondly at the man who’d become such a good friend. None of the Dupes worried about spilling the alien secret in front of their staff; they were either hybrids like them or changed humans.

“Business or pleasure?” the auburn haired man arched a brow in question.

“Ya should know by now we’z always mixes business wit pleasure,” Zan gave Liz’s hip a light squeeze and sent her a leer that was mostly playful.

She laughed as she placed her left hand over his resting on her right hip, using her free hand to place against his chest and attempt to shove him off but he held her easily.

“Well, mix your business and pleasure all you want, I’m here to kick back and party,” she licked her lips in an unconscious gesture and bit down, unknowingly fanning the flames of desire in the man holding her captive.

Mal arched another eyebrow, this time sharing a slightly worried look with the other three, at Liz’s actions. It might be unconscious flirting on her part, but how would she handle it if Zan’s subconscious – i.e. King Alien Zan - came out in response?

“Sir, if I may, there are a few matters that require your particular attention just before we open,” Mal coughed politely. Since when did he the simple soldier become his liege’s aide?

Zan growled and Liz laughed, rubbing her cheek against his mesh covered chest, and tilting her head slightly so she could roll her eyes up to look at him.

“It’s not that bad,” she fairly purred, grinning at the scowl her words caused. “Besides, it’s your destiny,” she teased.

“Destiny be damned,” Zan narrowed his eyes, but he’d caught the teasing glint that was so rarely turned his way.

“C’mon. The faster you go with Mal and open the club, the sooner the dance floor will be packed, and there are a few spots on my dance card with your name on it.”

Ah, damn, the inner alien huffed as Liz sent her Bambi eyes pleading toward him.

Not the Eyes and…oh, hell, The Pout. You’re finished, man, Roswell sniggered at Zan’s downfall.

Who was Zan to resist a pouting woman, much less this pouting woman who was caressing his ribs with her little hands in addition to the Pleading Look?

“Aiight,” he found himself agreeing after a pause. Liz beamed and used one hand to steady herself on his chest to kiss his cheek.

“Thank you,” her eyes sparkled and Zan kept her close as she tried to move back. He enjoyed the look of surprise on her face as he pressed her against him and lowered his head toward hers.

“An’ jest so ya’s know…ya mines tonight. If’n anyone asks, ya tell ‘em ya da Man’s woman.”

Liz sucked in her breath at their nearness, too distracted with them so close to come up with a crushing remark to his tenacity, she thought he was going to kiss her.

Is this it, is this it, is this it? her heart thumped wildly.

So it was a little confusing when he just smirked and let her go.

“Lead on,” he signaled to Mal with a jerk of his head. He nodded to Rath, smirked at Lonnie, and smacked Ava’s ass on the way across the dance floor to the DJ’s hub.

“Huh?” Liz shook herself, as if coming out of a haze. “What just happened?”

Rath opened his mouth to say something but Lonnie smacked him, and the two stood there growling and glaring and threatening each other, so Liz knew she wouldn’t be getting any information out of them.

“Nothin’,” Ava took pity and led the bewildered girl away from the bickering couple, the two almost the same height, and despite wearing the same outfit, looking very much opposites. Or two sides of the same coin.

Where Liz was dark and bold and dangerous looking in her red and black, Ava had gone with the Emma Frost White Queen route. Her corset was pure white, strapless, and had a deep plunging vee. Her ‘skirt’ was white mesh spandex and barely covered her butt leaving a good four to five inches between the tops of her boots and the bottom edge of her skirt. Her bikini bottom drawers were barely legal, and the same pure white, while her legs were encased to mid thigh in white leather with a spiked four inch heel.

“Let’s see if’n da new barkeep gonna do her job properly,” Ava suggested, and the pair went about to see how the newest member of Skinned handled things.

~~~

Angry rock pulsated over the speakers, filling the club with a pounding rhythm and primal call that all the dancers responded to enthusiastically. The pure energy and wild feelings evoked from the most primitive melodies didn’t stay contained to the dancers on the floor. Everyone in the club from the patrons to the workers felt it, some more sensitive to its seductive pulls than others, but all feeling it the same.

The press of so many bodies, the thoughts and emotions spiked to near delirium, and the thrum of the bass and underlying melody added to the heat that had been nagging Liz all day. She felt as if she were drowning in a sea of euphoria and sweltering, having a hard time catching a decent breath. Perhaps it was the corset?

Liz was pouting in a corner, eyeing the scenery before her, bored out of her mind but not admitting even to herself why she was so disappointed. The ‘few matters’ of Mal’s that had required Zan’s ‘particular attention’ had stretched to the nearly four hours since the club had opened. She’d already worked almost an entire shift at the bar; she’d gained more tips in the few hours she ‘worked’ the bar than the poor female that was in the process of bonding to Mal.

Interesting little side trivia Liz had picked up working a bar with both changed and hybrids was that the hybrids could change and bond to a human in a life-threatening situation, but only the first and member of the opposite sex could have the deep connection bordering on the telepath-empathic.

So while Max had healed and possibly changed Kyle, he wouldn’t have developed the connection with him that he’d had with her. It also explained why Liz had had such an extreme reaction in her feelings toward Max. The changing and the bonding were meant to literally change both parties to become the perfect match, and it increased the attraction and depth of the feelings one had to one another.

Because of that compulsion and the depth and totality of the bond, it was looked down upon if the hybrid in question just randomly started to heal and change people. It was a special gift supposed to bind two beings together in a way that went past marriage. It was the forever bond, not something to be taken lightly.

“Bored,” Liz sighed, looking longingly to the dance floor.

Ava had ditched her, albeit not completely on purpose or intending to hurt her, for some new boytoy who asked her to dance. Rath and Lonnie were probably fucking each other into the nearest supporting surface and Ava was…well, Ava was Ava. That had been almost two hours ago; two hours of being alone and sipping drinks by herself and still no Zan to claim her.

“Dance. Claim his dance,” Liz corrected herself, and then shaking her head in disgust as she realized she was arguing with herself. “This is ridiculous.”

“I agree.”

Gasping, Liz jumped and whirled around, drink in hand to stare wide eyed at the stranger before her. He was holding his hand out in front of him, whether to fend her off or to reassure her, she wasn’t sure. But one thing she was sure of was that he being a stranger and approaching her didn’t reassure her one bit.

“Pardon me?” Liz cocked an eyebrow and then stifled a sigh. The Dupe’s penchant for brow lifting seemed to be rubbing off on her.

“I was just agreeing with you. It is completely ridiculous that such a lovely young lady as yourself should be sitting in a corner unescorted.”

Liz cocked her head, noticing the absence of the New York slang or nasally Yankee speech, and taking a closer look at her new companion. If David Anders had a twin this would be him, Liz could only think, taking in her fill.

“And you would know that, how?”

From the short cropped bleached fuzz on his head, to the crystalline eye peering at her, he was all David Anders, i.e. Julian Sark of Alias fame, look-alike. Only alien. Oh yes, that wonderful little side effect of the bond was she could sense the other aliens. Not as well as Rath, Lonnie, Ava, or Zan could, obviously…she was still mostly human for the time being. But she’d come to recognize the certain vibe that they seemed to set off. And this blond god before her was sending vibes up and down her spine.

“I have had the pleasure of observing you for quite some time now, and think it is a shame that such beauty be wasted in the shadows.”

That god was currently smiling and giving her an appreciative glance, having let her have her fill, he was now taking his. His glance didn’t linger but it was thorough, and from the look in his eyes as he leisurely traveled back up to meet her gaze, he was just as taken with her body as she was with his.

“What a charmingly bullshitted answer.”

Those vibrant eyes shot to hers and she smiled, unknowingly painting a picture that would have any warm blooded male hot and bothered as her still vibrantly red colored lips curved upwards. The smile never quite reached her eyes and she cocked her head to one side.

“But I like it.”

“I am pleased to hear it,” her companion smirked.

“Liz,” she introduced herself, but offered no hand.

“Dakota.”

“Dakota?”

“Not to your liking,” Dakota seemed amused.

“I just wouldn’t have figured you would have had such an…American name,” Liz shrugged.

“Interesting,” he acknowledged, thoughtful. “May I sit with you?”

“Sure. Now that I know you’re not going to ravish me,” Liz grinned.

“Who is it to say that I won’t?” and the sly grin he sent her way had her heart tripping.

The only thing was…it wasn’t wild from fright.

“So tell me…Dakota,” Liz grinned and leaned forward, corset displaying her assets quite nicely. “What part of our little universe are you from?”

~~~

For those of you who want to know….

~~~

KiaraAlexisKlay
Addicted Roswellian

Chapter 18 Update

Author's Note:

Ah….the much anticipated eighteenth chapter. Can you believe this is already eighteen chapters long? I must say, I am impressed with myself, yes I am. I hope you all are as well.

Real life is a bitch but you all know that, lol. I may be getting another job soon, one that pays almost three dollars more and has the option of some health benefits (which I need) and some other good stuff so I'm just holding my breath on that.

I know a lot of you are asking some questions, such as is Dakota evil and why Rath, Lonnie, and Ava abandon Liz did when they knew she was in heat, and all that stuff. Hopefully, this chapter will appease your curiosity, though about Dakota, I’ll have to say no, he isn’t evil, at least not in an active way.

Big thanks to all who reviewed, you make it worthwhile and are an inspiration to punch out the best chapters I can. Also, to finish it. LOL. Don’t worry, I say we have at least five more chapters to go. At least. 

So without further ado…here is chapter 18.

~~~

Chapter 18

~~~

“So what part of our universe did you come from?”

Dakota took a deep breath, inhaling the sweet and spicy scent of her, filling his lungs and senses as much as he could. Her natural scent of warm vanilla, pulsating with the raw passion of her heat, and the tang of leather had been slowly driving him wild for the past week and he was thrilled to finally find the source of his frustrations.

That she was so interesting past her physical aspect made her all the more intriguing. Not many smart and beautiful females in heat were unclaimed, and that lack of formal claim on her was like a red flag before a bull. Already he had subtly fought off any rivals for her attention; the mated males knew better than to show any interest and excepting for a few, all the unmated hybrid males left them alone. Those that didn’t were quickly disabused of the notion. Dakota screamed ‘alpha male’ and even the mated males tread carefully around him.

Plus, he had a few of his entourage playing interference, so any distractions –such as unwanted chaperones- were discretely taken care of.

“So?”

Dakota came out of his musing to fix his curious prey with an intense gaze, one that made her breath hitch in her corset, but she didn’t back down.

Perfect.

“I come from a small planet in the Five Star Alliance; the same little planet Prince Larek comes from as it were,” Dakota shrugged modestly.

“Larek? Really,” Liz looked at her companion with interest. Handsome, suave, and utterly charming, he was doing things to her stomach that only Zan or Max had been able to achieve in the past.

And was it just her, or was it getting warmer in here? And Dakota smelled so good, all hot and wearing some kind of musk or cologne whose spicy scent reminded her of that Bod © Really Ripped Abs and was slowly driving her wild.

“You know him?” His breath tickled her neck and she held back a pleased groan, eyelids fluttering softly for a second as she tried to keep herself together.

“Uh huh,” she managed, stupid answer, but damn he barely touched her arm and the waves of electricity tingling from it made it seem so much more.

“Really?” Dakota edged closer, pleased that the booth allowed for a feeling of seclusion and intimacy from the rest of the club, though they had a good view of the dance floor.

“Ummm,” she purred and he smirked at her noncommittal answer, her dark eyes wide and luminous in the half shadows, her body quivering with excitement and anticipation as he slipped an arm along the booth above her neck and shoulders. He could smell her arousal and it was doing things to his inner alien that made him want to claim her here on the spot.

“And how is that?” he murmured, lips brushing lightly on the soft skin at the nape of her neck, nuzzling the little hollow there.

He smiled into her hair at the sounds of enjoyment coming from her mouth, and it thrilled him and made him wonder. Many other women would have required more serious foreplay to get to this point, and it told of her innocence and the degree of her heat’s progression. If such simple seductions could cause her this much pleasure, how then would she respond to his more arduous advances?

“Hmm…what?” Liz could seem to be able to focus on anything, all she could seem to think about was how good Dakota smelled, and how strong his arms felt around her and Lord! The things he was doing to her neck with his mouth had her shuddering.

“Dakota,” she moaned in surprised delight, as his clever tongue soothed away the momentary sting his teeth had caused when he nipped her earlobe. She fairly purred at his ministrations, leaning her neck into his talented mouth while pressing the back of his head in place to encourage him.

“Were we….were we talking about something?” she wondered out loud, lolling her head back as he kissed his way to the front column of her throat, right under her chin. He growled something she couldn’t distinguish, but the thrill of the vibrations that caused shot all through her, and she nearly melted right then and there.

~~~

“Having fun?”

Rath cursed and pulled his face from its spot between the valley of Lonnie’s breasts to turn and glare at the intruder. Zan was leaning against the wall by the doorway, arms crossed, and watching the two with a shuttered, unimpressed look.

Catching your sister with her mate in a closet at your club would probably do that to a fellow.

“What da fuck, duke?” he hissed between grit teeth.

A quick look said that the expression on Zan’s face wasn’t the typical, ‘oh-ya-messin’-wit-my-sis’ glare he still favored Rath with from time to time.

But it was just as tense and charged.

“My boy was jest about gettin’ ta da good stuff,” Lonnie huffed, adjusting her shirt of mesh to more respectable levels, not that she really gave a damn.

“Where’s Liz?”

“Yeah, like Iz gonna ‘ave her in da closet watchin’ me ‘n Lons do da beast wit two backs,” Rath rolled his eyes and Zan’s narrowed.

“Where is Liz, Rathard?” Zan scowled and the two lovers before him paused at the sudden formality.

“Aves took off wit ‘er to check out Mal’s shortie,” Lonnie stopped fussing with her clothes and stepped even with her man. “She should be fine.”

“So fine that my link to Liz is in jeopardy!” Zan growled the last part out, never once raising his voice, which made it scarier still.

“Zan,” Lonnie began tentatively but Zan hushed her by using his shoulders to abruptly propel himself straight off the wall, talking in that same cool, level voice that meant he was pissed.

“I ask you to watch my mate while I am gone, Vilandra, and I find you in a closet with my General betraying my trust all over again.”

Lonnie gasped at the rebuke and leaned numbly into Rath’s side. Zan rarely called her Vilandra, and she stared at him worriedly. That wasn’t Zan talking to his sister; that was King Zan reprimanding Princess Vilandra.

“Pray that she is well when I return,” he warned them over his shoulder as he left.

~~~

“Dance with me,” Dakota whispered against the swollen lips he had just suckled to ripeness and Liz came back to awareness with a sudden jolt.

“What?” her mind desperately tried to follow the sudden switch. One moment, there was nothing but an absolutely amazing make out session, and the next he was bothering her with conversation?

Dakota smirked, and leaned back, chuckling as he grasped her hand and gently but firmly pulled her out of the booth they’d been necking in. In the half hour since he’d first made contact, her pheromones had only increased with the mutual attraction, and she was remarkably resistant to any form of his establishing a deeper connection between the two.

He could only surmise someone had started a claim, but either was too ignorant of how to complete it, or for some reason hadn’t sealed the deal. He, Dakota, First Son of the House of Cole, First Family of Halfrek, and second only to Larek, would not make that mistake. He’d claim her and in such a way that there would be no mistaking she belonged to him.

Liz’s aura was a beautiful array of colors, and her Change was temporarily halted by the heat, but there was something in her aura that didn’t add up. Dakota had his suspicions, but every Human Changed differently, and this could just be the side affect.

Liz ran her tongue over her lips, blushing at the knowledge that Dakota had probably just ate her lipstick off of her, and her face burned at her audacity. By the same token it was exciting. Here was an amazing specimen, completely all male, strong, smart, witty, charming, and he was interested in her, little Liz Parker.

But could he dance?

Looks, smarts, and the ability to dance; if he could, he’d be the perfect man.

“Yo, here’s an oldie but a goodie,” the DJ announced as he switched tracks as Liz and Dakota stepped on the dance floor.

The piano plunked out the first strains of Linkin Park’s In the End and Liz grinned. She was wondering how the sophisticated looking Dakota was going to grunge to the angry, modern rock.

It starts with…One thing, I don’t know why.

Surprising her, Dakota faced her, grabbed her waist, and started moving dirty dance style, swaying and grinding in a way that was completely out of character to the image he had presented. Some where along the line he had rid himself of his sports blazer and now he danced with her under flickering lights in a light blue button up shirt with the first three unbuttoned, sleeves messily rolled to just before his elbow, and the whole thing untucked from the waist of his khaki britches.

The effect was casual but classy, and sexy as all hell, Liz thought as he dipped her and brought her back up, one hand staying on her waist, the other lightly caressing her ass.

Not that she wasn’t having any fun herself.

The dancing, the lighting, the whole energy of the place just added to the agonizing heat and Liz needed to let out some steam before she boiled over…literally. So she decided to take an active part in her seduction, running her hands over his chest and arms, flirting with danger and opening all of herself to be free.

She never noticed when her eyes started to shift to a soft gold.

~~~

Zan was bored, frustrated, and mad as all hell. It was one thing after another. First the new bartender had to be checked out (referentially speaking…Mal would kill him King or no if Zan so much as looked at his mate in anything other than a professional way), then there was meeting with the DJ, the band, the live singers, the dancers, and the usual employer to employee pep talk before the opening of New York’s most successful night club.

Then to top it all off, an emergency meeting had been called of all the ‘rulers’ of the City, and Skinned was the natural place to meet, neutral ground but safe. Zan’s reputation was paying off and for the first time, he regretted having worked so hard for that. Everything and everybody seemed to be conspiring to keep him away from Liz, and he was worried about her.

Oh, he knew she could handle herself, she’d proven that in her regular sparring sessions with Rath, Lonnie, and Ava but….tonight seemed different. He didn’t like that he had been away from her for so long, but his family could watch her for that long. Zan had been keeping as close a watch on her that he dared, and so far all he’d been noticing was the signs of her impending Change into full fledged Hybrid, but no definite ‘now is the time’ signal for her heat. Not like Lonnie, who when she started craving Tabasco covered Nestle © Chocolate Marshmallow Bunnies, you knew it was coming and Rath started stocking up.

It would be jest likes her ta go inta’s heat without warning, Zan griped to himself as he sat there listening to all the other leaders drone on and on. Any other time he’d be listening with his full attention but something kept nagging at him and wouldn’t leave him be.

For one thing, where were Rath and Lonnie? If they were keeping Liz company, than Ava should have been there with him, but she wasn’t, so he assumed she was with Liz, but then that meant Rath and/or Lonnie should be in this meeting as well. Red flags went up in Zan’s mind and then it happened.

The only way he could think to describe it was that the link that was just below the surface between him and Liz and that special place deep in his mind reserved only for Her gave a metaphysical jerk. As if the bond were being felt up, explored, and then assaulted. The only way for that to happen was if someone other than he tried to establish a connection, and the only reason for someone to jerk on a bond someone had was if…

Was if they was trying to claim Liz while she was in heat.

The thought hit him like a ton of bricks and Zan was up and out the door, not even caring that Larek and the rest were looking on in shock, and that he was probably running out on something of intergalactic importance.

The tug came again, but this time it was accompanied by a feeling of extreme pleasure, and Zan had to catch himself on the wall. He closed his eyes and tried to breathe, to calm down, but he found it difficult. It was bad enough feeling the attack on the bond, but to have to feel Liz’s pleasure as well while someone else touched her…

“Van-tor! (MINE!)” Zan howled, ignoring the stares of his staff wandering through the back halls, and when he opened his eyes they were golden with the black slitted irises dilating to almost swallow the gold whole.

Da Man had left the building and the King had made a comeback.

Growling, he followed his instincts to the closet bond, and opened the closet to find Rath and Lonnie. Zan’s rational mind prevailed enough for him to tamp down his alien so that he wasn’t broadcasting so much, but it was an effort. The whole closet smelled of a kae’at k’lasa, a mind rape that Liz called a mind warp, and that took power. When Zan dismissed his sister so curtly, the shock and anger at his actions released their minds from the warp, and he was able to track the source.

“Avarina!” he called out and suddenly he could sense her presence. He took a right and used his powers to rip open the door to the private room before him, entering without an invite.

“What ya think ya doing?” Ava shrieked, naked and glistening with sweat.

“Nessau! (Quiet!)” he ordered, glaring at the dark haired man, just as sweaty, on the other side of his former Queen. Like a bucket of cold water, Ava’s pretty mouth snapped shut, and her cerulean eyes stared at her past lover in awe and fear. Zan used his power to cut both alien’s powers and settled on the balls of his feet like a cat, coiled for action either way.

Kayleb paled at the sheer power this intruder possessed, and when he spoke in the High Language of the Antarians, he knew without a doubt the stranger’s identity. Heedless of his nudity, hurriedly he abased himself before his King.

“My King…” he tried to begin.

“Kal-rek. T’vi wurzel tu aifa zup? (Silence. Who assigned you this task?)” Zan stared down at this excuse for a sentient being that dared have a role in the seducing away of his chosen Mate and Queen.

“Please,” Kayleb begged only to have his air suddenly cut and he went flying into the far wall behind him.

Golden eyes that had bled to the blackest of black only sported in the void of a black hole burned through him.

“T’vi? (WHO?)”

“The First Son of Cole,” Kayleb rasped as soon as he was able.

The room, the hall, and all over the club, lights flickered and dimmed, though the lights within a hundred feet of them all fried and popped with a sickening crunch of broken glass and noxious fumes. In the midst of the dark, Zan was a glowing golden bronze and his clubbing clothes transformed into the fighting leathers worn by the warriors of Antar. The four square tattoo was a splash of blue color amidst the earth tone glow, and the Seal of the King glowed on his forehead.

Rath and Lonnie came rushing up to flank him, and the power in the room was as noticeable as the ozone tainting the air.

<Deal> Zan snarled telepathically to his General.

Without another word, he spun on his heel and exited the room. Before he even left the door he’d already immersed himself further into that Other side. Any signs of humanity erased as he searched the club for his katelau, his mate.

Kayleb’s face lost more color as Lord General Rathard and his mate the Princess Vilandra turned hostile eyes upon him.

“So ya was using sex wit me ta warp my bro n’ girl inta not helping our girl Liz, eh?”

Ava’s eyes snapped azure fire and her false grin was more teeth and feral, predatory, and entirely too reminiscent of Rath’s that Kayleb wondered if he was going to make it out alive.

~~~

TBC…

~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author’s Added Notes:

-I couldn't remember the name of Larek's home planet but that sounded similar so if I was wrong just let me know!

- I do not own or have in any way (other than appreciation) any connection or ownership for the Bod © line of men’s cologne. No infringement is intended.

-I do not own or have in any way any connection or ownership for Nestle © products. Again, no infringement is intended.

-Once again, the language used as “Antarian” is actually Vulcan, and please see second chapter posting for the link to the site I’m using for research purposes. Vulcan is copyright to Star Trek and Gene Rodenberry and all those big network people that have nothing to do with me so once again, no infringement is intended.

-Linkin Park and their song In the End is not mine, yadda yadda, blah blah woof woof, no infringement, yadda yadda yadda.

-Yes, I took this A/N idea from The Other Willow, so infringement is intended, but I’m giving her credit, so : P

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~