Pen Pals - M/L, CC Adult ch25 teaser 11/28/09 [WIP]

This is the place where fics that have not been updated in the past three months will be moved until the author asks a mod to move them back to an active board.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, truelovepooh, Forum Moderators

Do you like it so far? Should I continue?

Yes
98%
No
2%

Total votes: 245

behrluv32
Addicted Roswellian

Post by behrluv32 »

Well it's still Sunday in some parts of the US and other places :roll: here's the next ch. enjoy.

Thank you,

begonia9508
Zanity
midnightstar29: a mix of both. Max is getting all these intense flashes from Liz, but he doesn't know if some of it is from him or if it's all her and after her first flash that she just couldn't explain but told him about, Max has been trying to hold them back (but is he succeeding or not???) this also leads to the guilt Max talked about in a previous chapter about not being as fully open to Liz as he knows she's being with him.
orphyfets
candycane14
RASaero611
Earth2Mama: Happy belated b-day
LairaBehr4: lol no, but i wish it were, not yet :wink: , and i'll get to that sooner than later
Timelord31
Erina
and any lurkers

Ch 9

Max’s Room

Max could usually smell one of his parents set ups coming a mile away, but when he got home the only thoughts going through his mind were of Liz and getting to bed so he could wake up and see Liz, “Look dad I’m pretty beat, is this important,” Max asked rather hastily.

Evan’s Kitchen

“Hey mom what’s going on? I’m sorry, but can we make this quick? I’m dying to take a shower and go to bed,” Isabel said hastily, knowing from the look on her mother’s face that this would be a long conversation. She knew if she gave her mother the chance to have a mother/daughter moment now and they started talking it could go on for hours. Usually, Isabel really wouldn’t mind, but today had been very long and she needed to be somewhat alert for school tomorrow.

“Have a seat Izzie, this is very important, but it won’t take long,” Diane said to her daughter as she pointed to the chair across from her.

Max’s Room

“Yes Max, this is very important. Now, have a seat,” Phillip said as he got off of Max’s bed and let Max sit.

“Okay dad, what is it? What’s wrong?” Max asked.

“I know we talked about this last year, but I think that we should breach this topic again.” Seeing the look of dread that quickly passed through Max’s face before turning into a controlled blank stare, Phillip sighed and continued, “Sex…"

Evan’s Kitchen

“…is a very serious step that should not be taken lightly…"

Max’s Room

“It’s not just about sex or at least it shouldn’t be. There is another level…it’s about love…intimacy…"

Evan’s Kitchen

“…each year about one million teenage girls become pregnant in the United States and three million teens get a sexually transmitted disease,” Diane said handing Isabel a number of pamphlets entitled: Chastity; Teen Sexuality; Abstinence for Teens; Sex Ed for Teens, but when Isabel got to the pamphlet entitled, “If Sex Feels So Good, Why Do I Feel So Bad?” she finally stopped her mother’s speech.

‘Oh God did she just have these things lying around,’ Isabel thought before groaning, “Oh God…mom, please. We already had this conversation once. I don’t even have a boyfriend, so why am I getting this speech again."

“Isabel you know as well as I do that being in a relationship doesn’t constitute whether two people decide to have sex. And how do I know you aren’t in a relationship. Last I knew Max wasn’t in one and then we come home and find out that Max has girls in his room. And not just any girl, but the first girl I had ever known him to like. Liz is the same Liz that was his pen pal a few years back right, from New York,” Diane said trying to probe her daughter’s reaction.

‘MAX…Max is the reason I have to sit through another sex talk. Oh I’m so going to make him pay for this.' “Mom, what Max does, and who he does it with, has nothing to do with me,” seeing her mother’s incredulous look had Isabel rolling her eyes, “I didn’t say I don’t know what he’s up to, I just said it’s none of my concern,” Isabel said trying to bypass any questions about Max’s relationship. Even if she didn’t agree with how serious her brother and Liz are that doesn’t mean she’s going to rat out her brother.

Trying again Diane said, “So Max did have a girl in his room and that is the same Liz?”

“Mom, yes that is his old pen pal from New York, New Jersey, I don't know, but no really, Liz just came by because she left her book bag from when she was here earlier. Now I have no idea what they were doing then and I so do not want to, but if you want to know about Max and his relationship then I suggest you ask him. And I am not having sex, nor do I plan to in the immediate future and just so that we don’t have to do this again, I wouldn’t just have sex with anyone. I hope you’d know me a little better than that mom. I’d have to really love him, mom okay,” Isabel said trying to close the conversation.

“Well I just wanted to hear it from you sweetie. I just want you to know you can talk to me and your father about anything. Nothing is too embarrassing or personal that we wouldn’t understand or that would make us stop loving you afterwords. We will always be here for you. Good night sweetie, and I love you,” were the last words Diane said before standing to go to bed and leaving a rather guilt stricken Isabel behind.

‘I really wish that were true mom,’ was Isabel’s last thought before lowly whispering, “I love you too mom,” into the empty kitchen.

Max’s Room

After hearing his father go on and on about sex or rather, “Making Love,” and turning Max about a million different shades of red, when his dad handed him a bunch of pamphlets, a few condoms, and began talking about sex being more special when you are in a committed relationship he figured, ‘Fine, I can deal with this,’ but then when Phillip brought up the topics of technique, of how it was more important for the man to try and please the woman instead of just 'getting off', and then he broached the topic of Liz, Max had all he could take.“Stop, just please, please stop…”

“Max, I know talking about sex may be uncomfortable not only for you but for me as well, but as a parent it is important for me to talk to you, the child, about the responsibilities and consequences that come from being sexually active. Pregnancy, sexually transmitted diseases, and feelings about sex are important issues to be discussed,” Phillip reasoned.

“God dad, I AM NOT HAVING SEX!!!” Max yelled, but then seeing the upset look that seemed to marring his father’s face Max decided to tread more lightly, “Look dad, I know you are doing this because you’re worried and you don’t want me to make the wrong decision, but I am really not having sex with anyone. Yes, Liz is my girlfriend fine and I was going to invite her to dinner tomorrow, but I really am not there with Liz yet.”

“Yet,” Phillip repeated.

Cursing himself for throwing in that last word Max continued, “Yes dad, yet. When or even if Liz and I decide to take that step, it will be because I love her and she loves me and we’ll decided when the time is right and if we were ready. I know about condoms and other birth control,” not voicing that even if he didn’t he sure all the information he needed was in one of these pamphlets. “I know that this is a decision that requires maturity and responsibility, both of which I hope I have shown you that I have over the years. I know not to pressure a girl… a woman, not that I could ever do that, especially to Liz. She’s special dad,” Max said hoping that that was enough to placate his father’s curiosity.

“Good, good that’s good to know. So, you love her,” Phillip said picking up the words his son had just said, “and you’ve told her and she feels the same.”

‘God is that all he picked out,’ Max thought. Rolling his eyes and trying to evade the question with a wined ‘Dad,’ but when that didn’t work he said, “Yeah dad I do, but no I haven’t told her in so many words and no neither has she,” Max finished.

“Okay well, I know I can’t stop you from having sex when you decide to; even if I think you are too young and as mature as I believe you are there is a certain level of emotional maturity and complete honesty that goes along with being in a long committed relationship that you will only get with age and experience. This is all just new for all of us and I just need you to be careful, always use protection and don’t think you should hide this type of stuff from your mother and me. We trust you to make the right decision, but teenage hormones can get in the way of that a lot of the time. You can ask me anything and I’ll answer best I can, but if you just don’t feel comfortable at least be more respectful to us and Liz’s parents. I do not want phone calls from her parents saying they have caught the two of you in any compromising situations any more than I want to make them. I’ll believe you when you say that Liz wasn’t in here earlier because I have no reason not to, but don’t take your old man as a fool Maxwell,” Phillip finished now completely tired and out of breath.

This sex talk was a lot longer and more detailed than the last, but he really wanted Max to take the topic seriously and didn’t want to regret not at least making an effort to have this talk with him.

“Really dad, you have nothing to worry about and do you mind telling mom that Liz is coming to dinner tomorrow,” Max said before he wished his father a good night and Phillip left his room.

Stretching out and laying out completely on his bed, Max was more than ready to go to bed, but now not only were thoughts of Liz floating his mind but also the words his father left him with. ‘I hope tomorrow goes well,’ he thought before taking off his clothes and turning out the lights.

Diane and Phillip’s Bed Room

“So how did it go,” Diane asked as her husband came into the room.

“I think it went well. I mean he was open with the fact that he wasn’t having sex and that he was in love with Liz. He sad he loves her,” Phillip said.

“Oh my, well okay and Izzie confirmed that it is the same Liz that used to be his pen pal. How serious do you think they are?”

“Well you’ll find out tomorrow because Max invited her to dinner,” Phillip said, than asked the question every father dreads, “Uh, so Izzie, is you know… that talk, it was okay right?”

“Oh Phillip, I think both our children’s virtues are more or less in tact, for the moment anyway. So whatever comes up tomorrow, we’ll deal with it then… together. They just, they grow up so fast and I’m not ready Phillip. We haven’t had them that long and already... our babies aren’t babies anymore,” Diane cried and held on to her husband tight.

“I know sweetie…I know,” was Phillip’s final response before he spooned his wife into him and they went to sleep both with memories of the past and hopes for the future on their minds.
Last edited by behrluv32 on Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:10 pm, edited 4 times in total.
behrluv32
Addicted Roswellian

Post by behrluv32 »

Thanks for the great feed back here's the next chapter.

Chapter 10

Max PoV

Isabel dream-walked me last night. She said she’d give me nightmares for a whole year and not ever let me have a peaceful nights sleep again if I ever put her in a situation where any of our parents gave her sex pamphlets and talked about putting her on the pill. I never thought that while dad was giving me the riot act Iz was getting it from mom. I do kind of still owe her for covering for me, but I know I’m going to be hearing about this for a while... a long long while. I really was my fault though.

Last night’s talk with my father really had me thinking. I love Liz. I love her so much and I’ve known it since I was in the third grade, but to actually say it out loud had a whole different effect on me. I already was on this massive guilt trip for not letting Liz in when she has been nothing but open to me. She always tells me that I’m her best friend and how she’s so glad that she has someone who she can tell anything to. How wrong am I? I feel like I’m lying to her every day I don’t tell her the truth.

My dad was right. Sex comes with all these different connotations especially when you are in a relationship. Sex with Liz for me will be it. I won’t be able to let her go after that. I just know it. I know I’m not being fair to Liz, she doesn’t even know the real me. For me to let us get to deep into this relationship without her knowing isn’t fair, but I can’t tell her. It is not safe for her to know. What if something happens to her because she knows my secret and plus, I made a pact with Iz and Michael. If I broke it I’d be betraying their trust as well. I love Liz and I trust her, but will she have the same feelings for me if I were to tell her about my non-human status. I hate not letting her really know me. Maybe it’ll be best to just let her go now and know that we can still be good friends, before I break her heart and mine in the process. I don’t know what to do.

Today Liz was supposed to get a ride into school from Maria. Something about female bonding and needing to speak, but that was just fine with me. I needed to get into school early. I still planned an apology for Liz, even though she says it isn’t necessary.

Even with all the doubts I’m having right now, Liz is still my girlfriend. I want to do nice things for her and this is no exception. I love the way her face lights up when she’s happy or excited and I can’t wait for her to open her locker and see what I’ve done. Being an alien does come with its perks, one of which being able to open locks with a wave of my hand. The other would be being able to change the molecular structure of things, which comes in handy when you’re too broke to buy your girlfriend a dozen of her favorite flower. So instead of paying $60 on a dozen white roses in a pretty blue vase, I bought 30 long stemmed carnations in a clear vase with a teddy bear that’s holding a heart that say’s, ‘I’m sorry,’ for only $30 and with a wave of my hand it changes to what I want to give her. The smell’s a little off, it’s a mix between a carnation and a tea rose, but it’ll work. So right now I’m standing around the corner from where she’s supposed to come in, so I’m just out of her line of vision. I can’t wait to see what her reaction will be.

Liz PoV

I wanted to get a ride from Maria today because I just had to speak with her about all the tension between Michael and her. I know Maria got riled up easily, but last night with the two of them was just different, and when I approached the topic she began to get all flustered and went into denial. It took some time, but I finally got it out of her and let me just say I was shocked at what I found out. I wouldn’t have been surprised if she told me she liked him, I mean Michael is very good looking, but what most shocked me was that she and Michael were secretly seeing each other for two month and no one knew, not Max or Isabel not even Alex. She made it seem as if it was a mutual decision, even though he ended it technically, and that she was like Teflon when it came to guys. But I think I’ve gotten to know Maria pretty well the last month, and this is really just her way of protecting herself. As much as she doesn’t want to admit it, I know she still likes him.

Now we’ve finally gotten to school and I can’t wait to see Max. God I know it’s dumb, because I just saw him last night, but I miss him so much already. I want to tell him how much I love him, but I wonder if it’s too soon. I know he loves me. I can feel it. I see the love in his eyes, but there is also always a hint of sadness that accompanies it. I don’t know what it is or if it has something to do with the way he was adopted, but he’s either hiding something or something really bad happened that he just doesn’t want to talk about. I know he doesn’t remember anything about his life before he was six, but I can’t help but wonder if it’s that he doesn’t remember or doesn’t want to. I can’t even begin to imagine how his parents did that to him and Isabel. I wanted to hate them so much, but selfishly I was glad that they did. If they hadn’t, then Max may have never come into my life and at this point I couldn’t ever imagine my life without him. I love him so much.

“Hey chica, where did you go there? And what is that smile all about,” Maria asked Liz who had suddenly became very quiet and then began to smile and giggle. “Oh Gidget, is Moondoggie on your mind?”

Giving Maria a knowing smile Liz blushed as they headed to her locker. “I just miss him. I want to see him before school starts, but he said he had to go run a quick errand this morning.” Opening her locker, Liz was in awe of what she saw, “Oh my, Maria look,” she said to her friend as she pulled out the lovely vase and stuffed animal.

“It figures, you end up with Prince Charming and I get Quasimodo,” Maria mumbled before she told Liz to read the card.

“Okay it says…

I know you said you weren’t upset about last night, but I’m sorry anyway.

Yours truly,

M

…How great is he,” Liz said more to herself as she searched the hall way for her boyfriend. Spotting him watching her around the corner, Liz grabbed one rose and the cute teddy bear, then told Maria she’d catch up with her later, before running over to Max and jumping into his arm. In between kiss after kiss Liz told Max that he had nothing to be sorry for and how incredibly sweet he was.

“God if I knew I’d get this reaction from some flowers I’d buy you a field of flowers,” Max teased.

Not in the mood for teasing and completely turned on by Max at the moment she whispered huskily in his ear, “I want you, let’s go to the Eraser Room,” before sucking in his ear.

Groaning at Liz’s incredible reaction, Max didn’t know what to say, but what boggled him even more were the words he spoke next, “God Liz that feels great but we really shouldn’t miss class,” pulling Liz away from the attack she was currently yielding on his neck Max said, “but we have 6th off.”

“That’s too far away,” Liz said as she sucked onto his bottom lip, “how about we do lunch,” she said instead.

“Lunch, I can do lunch,” Max said as he pulled away from Liz, “but I think your going to have to walk yourself to class.”

Giving Max a puzzled look she said, “But we have first period together.”

“Yeah, but I have to go to the bathroom and…” Max didn’t finish his statement; he merely pulled fully away from Liz, pointed to his obvious arousal and groaned as he walked funnily down the hall.
Last edited by behrluv32 on Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:34 pm, edited 5 times in total.
behrluv32
Addicted Roswellian

Post by behrluv32 »

Zanity
candycane14
midnightstar29
Timelord31
Orphyfets
Cocogurl
Earth2Mama
RASaero611
RosyLady
LairaBehr4
Sprayadhesive: Hey be nice. I like her and if LairaBehr4 promises to update Eats, Shoots & Leaves soon, I’ll have another chapter of this up the day after that. :wink:

This chapter is dedicated to Zanity who made me this wonderful banner. :D

Chapter 11

For two whole periods Max and Liz were trying to keep their hands to themselves. Being in such close proximity to Liz reeked havoc on Max’s senses on ordinary days, but today when she was obviously waiting for the moment when they could be alone together, was just about too much for Max to handle.

‘Is she trying to kill me? She is, isn’t she?’ Max thought. When Liz kept purposefully rubbing up against him from across their lab table during first period bio that was just about enough for him to break, but then, add to that sitting right behind her in second period history smelling her shampoo, well Max was not that strong. ‘That’s the shampoo I bought her,’ Max thought ready to jump across the desk and claim what was his in front of the entire class.

The bell ringing to signal the end of class had Max spring into action. Before Liz even had a chance to get out of her seat, Max was in front of her to help her up. Pulling Liz close and whispering huskily into her ear Max said, “You think I don’t know what you’re doing, but if I were you I wouldn’t test me.”

Smiling innocently up at Max, Liz was happy to see her teasing was having the desired effect on Max. “Is that a threat or a promise,” Liz whispered back breathily, her words being in direct contrast to the innocent looks she’s giving Max.

That was it. That was all Max could take, so at her words he pulled her lips to his and kissed her roughly.

Maybe a little too rough, but Liz didn’t care. All she could feel was Max’s hands in her hair, on her back, and his soft lips. The smell of his aftershave was intoxicating.

For the life of him, Max couldn’t understand what was wrong with him. He knew this was wrong. His mind kept telling him that over and over. He knew they couldn’t be, but all that he felt was telling him, ‘but it feels right,’ and at the moment that’s all he cared about.

Never once did they notice the looks they were getting from their friends or the snickers from the other students around them as they passed them, but what finally got them to come out of their brief session was when an irate Isabel.

Isabel was lucky enough to be sitting directly behind Max. It was bad enough that she had to sit through class watching her brother play with Liz’s hair, massaging her shoulders, and practically sniffing her up and down like a dog, but now they were blocking her path out of class. As she tried to bypass her brother and his girlfriend she let out a frustrated groan and said, “God, will you two just get a room already,” as she bumped into them.

Pulling apart slightly, Max said, “Now there’s an idea I can go for.”

Liz teasingly said, “What about waiting till lunch and not wanting to skip any classes?”

“Classes? Classes… what classes? Screw class. It's just gym, we can work up a sweat on our own,” Max said gutturally, “and we won’t be late for chemistry. I promise,” Max reasoned.

“Well you have gym, but I have math now. I don’t know if I can miss class. It’s really important,” Liz continued light heartedly.

Pulling fully away from Liz to grab both their stuff, and then clutching her hand to drag her out the classroom, Max continued, “Math? You don’t need any more math. I’ve heard you count your fine. Plus, you’re a waitress, you know enough,” before stopping in front of the Eraser Room.

“Oh really,” Liz said, letting herself get pulled into the room.

Till that very moment Max couldn’t wait to get Liz alone, but once he had her he couldn’t help but try to savor the moment. Max moved close to Liz and let his lips remain motionless just above hers. Slowly, but deliberately, he tilted his head, angling himself to kiss her and then stopped.

Their lips were so close that they could practically taste each other. Their noses touched, and if possible they moved closer together. Huskily, with a tone that oozed sex, Max said, "Tell me what you want?”

Liz tried to just step into the kiss more, but Max stepped back.

“Tell me what you want Liz,” Max drawled out again. “Do you want me to kiss you,” Max said as he gave light Eskimo kisses to Liz and stuck his tongue out to lick Liz’s bottom lip. "Do you want me to touch you,” Max said as he ran his hands from Liz’s hair, down her neck and shoulders, then onto her lower back. He stalled at the bottom of her shirt and gently began running two fingers across the expanse of her back.

“Yes…yes Max. God, yes,” Liz whispered heatedly, “I want it all, everything Max. I’ve never wanted anything so much, so badly in all my life."

Max took in every word, every breath. He parted his lips as if to kiss Liz again and when he saw her close her eyes he stopped his movements and asked her, “Where?”

Now it was Liz who was going to snap. She had never been so aroused in her life and this game that Max was playing was driving her insane. She didn’t reply though. She just pushed him back against the door, held on tightly around his neck, and pulled his lips down to hers, but before she kissed him she let out the word, “Everywhere.”

And that is exactly what Max did. He kissed her thoroughly. He touched her everywhere. He kisses her lips, her cheeks, her ears, neck all while running his hands over her body. He brought her fingers up to his lips and kissed and sucked every finger before placing both her hands behind his neck. He moved back to her lips and down to her chest. He couldn’t help himself anymore. All their teasing, Liz’s during class, his in the Eraser Room, Max wasn’t sure which had more of a profound impact on him, but he wasn’t ready to stop.

Liz’s whimpers and moans weren’t helping his case any and when they heard the bell ring, signaling the change in class and felt Liz about to pull away, he held on tighter.

“Chem,” Liz breathed out as she felt Max unbutton the top two buttons on her shirt with his teeth.

Stopping to look Liz in the eye Max smiled, “I thought we were already working on our Chemistry.”

Laughing at Max’s corny joke, Liz said, “Shut-up and kiss me,” as she pulled him back to her chest.

Max didn’t even know how long they were in there kissing after the bell rung. If it was up to him, he’d be there all day. Liz still had Max pinned against the door, but Max needed more control. Turning Liz to press her body firmly onto the door Max was surprised when instead of the door he stumbled back and fell onto the hallway floor with Liz still in his arms.

Looking up both were surprised to see Principal Forrester holding the door open looking highly shocked and angry with John Brander, Roswell’s resident leather clad stoner, holding a box of dirty erasers in his hand.

John, never one to let the obvious go unnoticed said, “Woah-ho-ho, so busted,” as Liz dropped her head to the floor and shut her eyes while Max did the same as he dropped his head onto Liz’s shoulder.
Last edited by behrluv32 on Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
behrluv32
Addicted Roswellian

Post by behrluv32 »

I'll have everyone know that i had to ask my older sister for her computer to type this chapter, which is worse than oliver twist's more porridge please moment trust me, as evansgurl01 as my witness

Thaks to all the fb-ers
Evansgurl01:u suck u suck u suck :P but if u take off next wed. and come play hookie with me and my friends u'll suck less :D

Zanity: still adore you :D but not quite what u think...u'll see in ch13
sprayadhesive:lol

LairaBehr4: so, i have 3 up and am working on a few more, plus i dont have a computer, i have to borrow one till mine gets fixed. and you didn't take the bet so ure lucky that i updated this today. I'm not gonna lie i had this little bit done for a while i've just been focussing on T.D.F , but i typed it up anyway, even if that chapterette was soooo sooo not considered a chapter. I'm so mad at that and i dont get it :roll: but i'll be a woman of my word so here's ch12...muahz

sprayadhesive: i can deal with friends

LairaBehr4 :roll:

begonia9508: well it's really that he's scared of what Liz may think

Timelord31: thanks
Cocogurl: thanks
orphyfets: thanks
midnightstar29: thanks
LairaBehr4: uh well just 2
RASaero611: thank you :D
POM: thanks for the empathy
orphyfets: ibid
LairaBehr4: i say baby but he's 16 and like 6'4 :roll: he's big enough to know beter...anyway
candycane14: max wont let her get a flash, and no comment on the rest
and all lurkers

LairaBehr4,sprayadhesive, candycane14: Jesus :shock: can i breath, i said within 24hours and here i am..you all made me laugh my ass off :D

Chapter 12

Never in all the time that Diane has had her children, did the scenario of her being called into the principal office for their improper behavior cross her mind. Principal Forrester called her in from work and said it was imperative for her to come into his office immediately.

Walking into the principals office the first thing she noticed was her red faced son squeezing the hand of his equally red faced “friend,” but before she got two word in edgewise with them, Principal Forrester asked her into his office.

When Principal Forrester saw Mrs. Evans enter the main office he immediately rushed out to greet her, rather than have his secretary buzz her in. He hated dealing with situations like these, but he figured the sooner he could get it over with the better.

Once seated, Forrester got straight to business, “Mrs. Evans, I’m sorry to have to call you in today, but I had the displeasure of catching your son and Ms. Parker in the Eraser Room today.”

“What’s the eraser room and why was I the only parent called in? Where are Liz’s parents,” Diane asked.

“Well unfortunately, I could not get into contact with Liz’s mother, but I left her a message and I will be sending a letter home. Now the Eraser Room is a small room that we use to clean the erasers so that chalk dust doesn't fly all over the school,” Forrester explained.

Still, not seeing the reasoning as to why she was being called into the principal’s office Diane asked, “Wait. I'm a little lost. You mean Liz and Max were cleaning erasers and that caused some sort of trouble?”

Forrester scoffed a little and answered, “No. They were what we used to call 'making out.' We're talking sexual activity here, not erasers. Why don't we go talk to them,” he offered once he saw Mrs. Evans’ shocked eyes turn towards the two accomplices through the glass window.

Stepping out of his office, Forrester got the teens attention, “Uh, Ms.Parker. Mr. Evans.”

Liz looked like a deer caught in the head lights. What could she possibly say to her boyfriend’s mother and the principal at a time like this, and why wasn’t Max saying anything? Nudging Max hard on his side finally got some sort of a response out of him.

“U-u-u-h,” Max mumbled. No one said it was a very eloquent response. Nudging Max again and harder as she stepped behind him a bit, Max finally said, “This, it’s not what you're thinking right now.”

“What is it then?” Diane asked.

“It's just a mistake,” Max tried meekly.

Seeing the teen’s sad attempt for an excuse Forrester threw in, “They also cut 2 academic classes. Now, Liz and Max are honor students. I think we'd all like to keep it that way.”

Diane still trying to make up some reasonable justification for her baby boy she said, “I’m sure there's an explanation for it. I'm certain that Max wouldn't miss any of his classes unless there was a good reason. Max?”

Now at a complete loss for words, Max just stood there dumbfounded, staring at his mother, while Liz stood beside him beat red from embarrassment.

“Well, alright then. We’ll talk about this when you get home,” Diane said to Max, then turned to Liz and said, “Liz we’ll still be expecting you at dinner tonight okay.”

All Liz could do was nod and then look back down at the spot on the floor that had been holding her interest before Diane asked her question.

At the end of the meeting Liz went to the lunchroom to try and grab a quick bite and talk to Maria or Alex about all that’s happened in her day, while Max caught up to his mother towards the school entrance.

“Mom, MOM!!! Hey, uh—this is no big deal, you know. Right?” Max asked.

Diane looked skeptically at her son and let out a long drawn out, “Ri-i-i-i-ght.”

“So…you aren’t going to tell dad right,” Max continued with a cringe, thinking about the sex talk he received the night before.

“You know, I don't think that's the best idea. Me lying to your father, that is,” Diane told her son rather derisively.

“Mom come on, this thing just got completely blown out of proportion,” Max tried to reason.

“Really, now which part would that be,” Diane asked. When she received no response but a blushing son she continued, “Okay, well we'll talk about this later. I want you to come straight home after school. Is that agreed?”

“No, I can't. I have detention. Look, mom, I gotta go,” Max said already walking away from his mother.

“Fine. Bye,” Diane relented, rolling her eyes as Max jogged off.

~~~
see you all at dinner :D
Last edited by behrluv32 on Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
SAVE ROSWELL CAMPAIGN- Roswell General Discussion & News
My Stories:
Pen Pals
Never Let You Go
Our Normal
Reunited
I'm the Man: The Christening of W.Roswell High
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
behrluv32
Addicted Roswellian

Post by behrluv32 »

i'm sure it's still saturday in some part of the world or something :roll: ...well here it is unedited though, and not completly complete, so i'll try to come back to this after my classes to edit, but here it is...hope u like it...be back sooner than later

Dinner with the Family

Chapter 13a
Max PoV

“Mmm, Max don’t you think we should get going inside already,” Liz asks me, but I continues kissing her and ignore her question.

And I'd give up forever to touch you
Cause I know that you feel me somehow

I hear her words and know she is right. My parents would have an attack if they knew we were parked across the street kissing, but I don’t stop. My dad read me the riot act after my mom told him what happened at school today. He had just told me the day before not to get into any such, “compromising position,” but this was worse. My parents have decided to ground me for this weekend saying, and I quote, “Maybe you need a few days without Liz to reorganize your priorities,” and something about cutting class not being acceptable, but that didn’t change the fact that they still wanted to meet my girlfriend. I know they’re right, but honestly if given the decision again I’d still do it, well, maybe I’d choose a new location. Getting caught is never fun, but this afternoon was incredible. I have never had such powerful flashes and for the life of me I just don’t know how I controlled myself enough for Liz not to have gotten any.

You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be
And I don't want to go home right now

Keeping my secret is getting harder by the day, and the more intense we get, the tougher it is to lie to her as well. But what else can I do? It isn’t like I can walk up to her one day and be like “Oh by the way Liz, I’m not exactly human,” plus Michael and Isabel would never go for it. We have a pact, a sacred pact. I really don’t know what to do anymore because I know I’m just prolonging the inevitable now. I have to break this off soon, but thinking that only makes me want to hold on to Liz tighter.

You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be
And I don't want to go home right now

I don’t know how I’m going to do it, but maybe that’s what I’m going to have to work on this weekend, a way to break it off that won’t end with Liz hating me. Maybe hating me will be best for her, but I couldn’t stand it.

And all I can taste is this moment
And all I can breathe is your life

~~~

“Max, we really, really need to stop. Your family’s waiting for us inside and I don’t need to look like I just spent the last ten minutes kissing you,” Liz said pulling away from Max.

The look that marred Max’s face when Liz pulled away was enough to form a lump in her throat. Liz was constantly growing more worried and confused as to what Max may be thinking, but whenever she broached the topic Max would brush it off as if nothing were bothering him. “Max,” she tried anyway.

Cause sooner or later it's over
I just don't want to miss you tonight

When Liz pulled away, Max looked deep into her eyes. He was only half listening to her words, but seeing the worry lines smeared across her face made him try a placating smile to calm her doubts. But when that didn’t work and Liz asked if he was nervous about dinner, he shook his head in response, “Nothing is wrong; everything is perfect when we’re together. Nothing feels wrong or impossible, so just stay with me a little longer. Just us, here,” Max said as he pulled Liz out of her seat and onto his lap.

Cause sooner or later it's over
I just don't want to miss you tonight

~~~
MPov
I feel guilty for doing this, but I just need her. We sit with my arms wrapped around her in the silence of my car. Minutes are going by, but it feels like mere seconds.

After sometime my hands started to wander along with my lips. I started by just running my fingers through her beautiful hair, while memorizing each strand. I love her hair. The way it looks, the way it smells, the way it feels…it’s enough to drive me crazy.

I push her hair off of her shoulder and attach my lips to her neck. I only mean to give her a small kiss…to taste her soft skin. But when my hand lands on her leg, and I began to caress her supple thigh, her soft mews cause me to groan before I react.

I head straight for her pulse point. I have come to know exactly what she likes and what her reactions would be. I suck hard and a throaty moan escapes her, as I knew it would. I smile at the knowledge that I am the only person that has ever touched her like this.

But it’s more than just the physical; we touch each other on a completely different level. The way she opens her whole soul to me, I am in awe of her every single day. I know what I am doing is wrong, but I don't stop myself. Sometimes I believe that I can't, so to have a few more days…hours…minutes…seconds of her time, I ignore what is right, to do what I want, what I need.

When I finally pulled back and saw the happiness shining through her eyes, it made me feel good knowing I made her feel that way.

So I kissed her again.
~~~
Liz PoV

Something is wrong. I feel it in the way Max is kissing me, with such need and desperation. I feel it down to my very bones, but he isn’t talking. He’s kissing me to avoid whatever his problem is. And whatever it is, it’s scaring me because I know there is more to whatever he is going through than I can help him with. But I wish he’d let me.

I know Max just needs me to be here for him right now and that he’ll open up when he’s ready, so I don’t push; but we’ve gotten into enough trouble as it is. Max was only supposed to pick me up and we were to go straight to his house for dinner. I pull away from his kiss again, but before I can even say a word he leans his forehead against mine and says, “Yeah, we’ll go in a few seconds,” before kissing me again. He knows that wasn’t all I was going to say, but I let it pass—again.

Getting into a heavy discussion is the last thing any of us need before sitting to eat with his parents, but we need to have a serious conversation about this and soon.

Unfortunately, it will have to wait till next week since he is grounded. After he takes me home I won’t be able to see or speak to him till Monday, but I already have something planned for him this weekend.

As much as I love being in Roswell, because I have made some of the greatest friends ever and I get to be with Max constantly, I do miss the letters we used to write to one another. Although I see him everyday, and he still sends me emails and IMs, I always enjoyed the tangible letters I’d receive in the mail in his hand writing. Yes, I know it’s corny. I admit that, but I also don’t want to give it up. So I have something special planned for him tomorrow, with the help of good ole Alex.

Max pulling away from our kiss abruptly and cursing startled me out of my thoughts, “What, what happened,” I asked.

“It’s 6:30. We’re half an hour late,” Max whispers as if, if he spoke too loud his parents would hear him from across the street and inside their house.

I find myself rolling my eyes. I’m not even going to mention how I’ve been telling him if he didn’t stop kissing me we’re going to be late. I get off his lap and make my way back to my seat saying, “God Max I swear it’s like you want your parents to hate me. They are going to think we are nothing but horny teens who can’t keep their hands to themselves. You really need to stop touching me because every time you do we seem to get caught, or in trouble, or, or just something,” I ramble off as I try to fix myself in the mirror.

Max just sits back watching me. A grin forms across his face before he says, “God, you are beautiful,” but when he goes to put a hand on my shoulder I push him away.

“Max, I’m serious. No touching,” I say with an air of gravity to my tone. He says my name with a hint of hurt in his voice, so I turn to see my pouting boyfriend and I roll my eyes again.

I’m glad that the mood has finally shifted some, even if nothing has really changed. At least we’re back to being playful again. I grab Max by the collar, pull him into a gentle, yet very quick kiss and say, “I’m sorry,” but refuse to let him kiss me again and continue, “Now will you fix your shirt and pull into the driveway already. My goodness, you’re just incorrigible…”

“Incorrigible,” Max breaks in with a teasing glint as he turns into the driveway.

“I swear if you are this bad now, I am kind of scared to find out how you’ll be when we start having sex.” Did I just say that out loud?
~~~

Liz’s slight comment had Max’s eyes bug out of his head and had him lose control of the car, jumping the curb as he pulled into the driveway.

Coughing, to clear his throat of the squeak he was sure would escape him if he didn’t, Max turned to Liz and repeated, “When?”

“What,” Liz asked, smiling as she made her way out the car and toward the front stoop with Max at her heal.

“You just, uh you had just said ‘WHEN’ not ‘IF,’” Max pointed out enunciating each word, but before Liz could even comment, the front door flew open.

“Well look who has finally decided to come in. I though I’d have to send Michael out there to break up your little suck fest. I swear, you would think the two of you would know better by now,” Isabel said as she let Max and Liz into the house.

“Michael’s here?” Max asked.

Ignoring Max’s question Isabel continued with her diatribe, “At least you both had the decency to fix yourselves up.” Looking her brother over again and noticing Max’s miss- buttoned shirt Isabel continued, “Even if my brother still buttons his shirt like a 5-year-old. You’re so lucky only Michael and I saw you outside. I’m surprised they didn’t come running out when you jumped the curb.”

“Iz,” Max tried to interrupted as he fixes his shirt.

“The only reason I hadn’t been in any hurry for you to get here so we could all get this night over with is because mom’s trying out a new recipe. Seriously Max, what could have ever possessed you to buy her that damned cook book…”

“Isabel,” Max tried again, cringing at the thought of what he’d be forced to eat tonight.

She continued speaking as they made there way to the living room to join Michael.

Michael, who was sitting on the couch watching TV, only grunted a greeting to the two, as they all sat down.

Liz didn’t even blink twice at the comments Isabel made. After dating Max for the past month this was hardly the worst she had to deal with. She was really trying hard to break through to Isabel and Michael. They were the closest people to Max after all, but they really didn’t seem to like her very much. She gave Michael the benefit of the doubt, because well he treated everyone basically the same, so she figured it wasn’t about her, in fact, compared to most he was relatively nice to her. But, Isabel would give her these snide looks that went well beyond the “Ice Princess” persona as per Maria’s words. So Liz just took a seat besides Max and let him and his sister argue. She preferred just watching their interaction anyway.

Liz loved watching Max in all different settings. His beautifully chiseled features and handsome face would be pleasing to anyone’s eyes, but Liz loved much more than just his physical features.

Whenever Liz would study Max’s face, even at his happiest times, he always looked like there was some deep seeded internal struggle going on inside of him. And as much as Liz felt she knew Max, more than most have ever, she also felt he was this enigma that she was just dying to uncover. An air of mystery loomed over him at all times and she was determined to discover everything he’d be willing to give up. She needed to know every different facet that made up Maxwell Phillip Evans.

Liz figured there were about 5 different Maxs. There was the school Max, quiet, mysterious and introverted that had every girl wondering what was going on in that head of his.

There was the Max she was about to get to know tonight, the way he interacts with his family in his home.

There’s the Max that would bring her along to hang with Isabel and Michael. He always seemed so much more serious with them, but maybe it was because she was around. She felt as if Max was always defending their relationship to them. She felt as if she was an outsider to their little club that only they knew the secret passwords and handshakes to; and they had no intention of giving them up easily, but they did occasionally let her look inside. It was unnerving at times, but the way Max treated her as if she were the best part of him, made her believe that all was right, so nothing else mattered.

Then there was the Max that would hang around her and her friends. He just seemed so much more relaxed around Alex and Maria. He would laugh and goof around, talking about absolutely nothing, but it was great. But maybe it was because he didn’t owe them anything and they didn’t expect anything from him and visa versa. Yet, he still had his walls up, he was more relaxed, but not as open.

But finally there was her favorite Max. The Max that came out when it was just the two of them together, yeah that was definitely, without a doubt, the Max she preferred; and she’d give everything she has to have him feel comfortable enough to be like that whenever he pleased. He was honest, comfortable, and as open as she thought he knew how to be. He was funny, silly, and happy. He was kind, caring, gentle, and loving. He was sexy, rough and passionate. He was hers and boy did she love him.
~~~

Stare any harder and you’ll burn a whole through his head,” Michael said to Liz, breaking her from her reveries.

“Huh, what,” was Liz’s response as she made her way out of her Max educed trance.

“I said if you look at him like that during dinner his parents may ground him longer,” Michael pointed out.

Liz blushed at being caught, but it was Max who was caught off guard. No longer listening to whatever Isabel was saying, too enraptured into Liz to even care enough to reprimand Michael’s comment, Max quickly excused himself and Liz from the group and pulled her to an adjacent hallway, ignoring the snide comments at their departure.

Pulling Liz into him for a slow sensual kiss and then pulling back slightly, Max said, “Liz, you have to stop looking at me like that, I don’t think I can take it.”

“You don’t think you can take what,” came Phillip’s reply as he walked up behind the teens.

Pulling away from Liz slightly, but grabbing hold of her hand, Max turned to his father and said, “It’s nothing dad, hi.”

“Hey son, Liz, it’s nice to see you again. Welcome. Come join everyone, we’re all sitting now,” Phillip said pointing Liz to the dining room, but before Max could get away he pulled his son to the side for a few quick words. “Look, I know being grounded and not being able to see Liz for a whole weekend seems like some form of cruel and unusual punishment to you, but next time you go pick Liz up, try not to spend half an hour parked out front uh…greeting her,” when he saw the shock register in Max’s eyes he continued, “You’re just lucky your mother was too preoccupied in the kitchen to notice. Instead of adding to your punishment like I should, I think making you ask for second helpings of whatever concoction your mother is brewing may get through to you better,” as Max cringed at the thought Phillip finished, “Good Lord Max, what were you thinking buying her that cook book?”

Making their way to join the others for dinner Max finally spoke, “I thought it could only help,” thinking a book with instructions on how to make food would be easier to follow, then in a low murmur he spoke his thoughts out loud, “Yeah, lucky, lucky me.”
Last edited by behrluv32 on Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:54 am, edited 4 times in total.
My Stories:
Pen Pals
Never Let You Go
Our Normal
Reunited
behrluv32
Addicted Roswellian

Post by behrluv32 »

Chapter 13b

Journal Entry 10

Today is Friday, November 12, 1999 and I just got back from dinner at Max’s. To say the evening was eventful would be an understatement, but then again I guess it could have been worse. In fact, the entire day has really been a trip.

*Flash*
Liz PoV

Early that morning

I was trying to make a hasty retreat out my apartment as Maria was waiting outside to drive us to school, but my mother caught me half way out the door with a bellow, “Liz.”

“Mom, I have to go, Maria’s downstairs.”

“Liz will you stop for a minute,” my mother pleaded.

With a slight huff I turned to glare at my mother, “What mom? Is this really important? I have to go,” plus I’m dying to see Max, I say silently.

“I know we’ve both been really busy and this job has been keeping me so tied up, but I’ve barley seen you in the last month so humor your mother and…”

Cutting her off angrily I says, “Don’t act like this is my fault. All you do is work, come home late and sleep, then do it all over again. The only times you even have off are Sundays and that’s the time you spend running errands, so you’re all over the place…”

I know she was upset that I cut her off but probably more so that my accusations held so much truth, though I know I am ignoring my slight role in our whole predicament too. I hear the anger, sadness and accusation in her tone more so than her words. “Hey, don’t put this all on me! Yes, I may not have a lot of time, but I do have some time and I am trying to make an effort, unlike you. You leave early every morning…”

“Yeah for school,” I mumbled.

Ignoring me, she continued, “…and then by the time I get in it’s usually 8 or 9, so of course I am tired, but if you aren’t working we would still have a few hours to be together and do mother/daughter things. But you are always at some new friends or another and don’t say it’s only Maria because she’ll be working here some days when you leave me messages that you’re out.”

Feeling a little bad for snapping at her, I backtracked and said, “Look mom really it is okay and you don’t have to feel bad. I’m fine really. I am and everything is good. Look you’ve met most of my friends at least the most important ones. And I’m just getting used to being the new kid, you know. Plus, didn’t we have this conversation already?”

“I don’t know if I’d call that a conversation,” she argued.

“Mom, I’m good with how much time we spend together. We do catch up just about every night and nothing really special is going on. I work, go to school and hang out a little bit. School is school. I just joined the science club, I think they are going to make me treasurer, but that’s it. There’s really nothing to tell,” I countered.

“So no boys…what about Alex Whitman? He’s a nice boy, or that Max kid or that other guy with the hair I saw you with.”

“Ugh, Ma—,”

“Don’t ugh, Ma— me. I want to know what’s going on in my daughter’s life,” my mother was always persistent when she wanted to be. I think I got that from her.

All that was passing through my mind was, Yeah, now, but instead I took the safe route and said, “For one, the guy with the hair is Michael, and that is not even a possibility. Even if I did like him, which I don’t, I wouldn’t go out with him. Plus, he’s got a thing for someone else. And Alex is sweet in a brotherly type of way. He is so great, but not for me. Why do I even have to have this conversation? You know I don’t even like talking about this stuff. You act like I have to have a boyfriend. We just got to town and I’ve never had one before?” I know I am being defensive because I am avoiding the truth, but she doesn't have to know that.

“Liz, stop. I was just asking. No need to bite my head off,” my mom said backtracking.

Letting out a deep breath I continued, “Sorry, look I’m sure Maria’s is wondering what’s taking me so long. I have to go and you should too. You don’t want to be late for work do you?” I said before kissing my mom on the cheek and walking out the door.

“You never said anything about Max,” she yelled to the closed door, but I pretended not to hear her. Beyond anything else, I know she's wondering exactly what I wasn’t telling her.

*End of Flash*

Continued Journal…

I know mom is just worried about me, but it’s just weird talking to her about anything that really matters. She’s hardly like my Grandma Claudia. I have always been so close to her, but I haven't been able to talk to her since the move. She is on some archeological dig in Mexico now, according to her last letter, and working on a new book so I know she's super busy. I haven’t seen her in ages and I really miss her. She’d never judge me the way that mom does, she’d just listen and give me advice. That’s why this afternoon I had to rush home and erase the principal’s message. Mom would never understand. Ever since her and dad, she has just been too weird when it comes to the opposite sex, so this is hardly the way she should find out about Max. Now, I have to say on top of the mailbox everyday this week to get the letter the school sent home so she doesn’t see it because anything is better than a sex talk from mom. Well no, I guess that’s a lie, especially after tonight’s dinner fiasco. I mean it all started out well enough…

*Flash*

The table was set and everyone was seated. Michael was next to Isabel, Max next to me, holding my hand or rubbing my leg the entire time, but I don’t know whether it was to calm my nerves or his own, and his parents were on either side. “Wow Mrs. Evan’s, this dish is so unique. It’s uhm… really looks and taste great. I haven’t had home cooking in a while,” I complimented while trying to swallow down her food.

“Thank you dear, you are so sweet. So Liz, tell us a little about yourself,” Diane asked.

“Mom,” Max said in a warning tone.

“Oh Max, be still. Liz is here for us to get to know her a little better and I for one want to know as much as I can about the young girl who my only son seems to be spending all your free time with,” Diane milked.

“Some family I have,” Max whispered to me and when I looked at him confused he gestured over to Michael and Isabel’s smirking faces. Max realized exactly why his best friend was at his house for dinner on a night other than take-out night. ‘He came for the show,’ Max whispered and then motioning over to his sister he said, “and I know who gave him the idea.”

“It’s okay Max. Well Mrs. Evans,” Liz started.

“No please call me Diane.”

Smiling shyly I said, “Uh, okay Diane, well what would you like to know?”

“Well, where are you from? What are you interested in? What do your parents do? How long have you been in Roswell? How did you and Max start dating? You are dating aren’t you?” Diane flew question after question as if fearing if she didn’t get them out she may never.

“Mom, this isn’t 20 questions,” Max interrupted, taking the attention away from my slightly shocked expression at the speed at which the questions came.

“Well I’m sorry but I just want to know. The only time Max had ever mentioned you were those few times you called him and I picked up the phone. I had to practically squeeze it out of him afterwords. All he would say was you were a pen pal from the east coast and it was an assignment. Any time I’d see that he’d get a letter from you in the mail he’d say it was homework and run off. Thinking about it now it was kind of cute.”

Ignoring Max’s embarrassed reddening face and Isabel’s comment of, Oh please like Max wanted his own phone line and computer to keep in touch with Michael who he sees everyday, which she mumbled under her breath, but not quite quiet enough for the rest of the table not to hear, Diane continued, “But again that hasn't happened for years. The only reason I knew you two were still keeping touch is because I’d catch the errant letter. It’s been so long since I’ve even seen one though, several months maybe. Have you been here for a few months?” she didn’t even let me answer she just kept going. This is so not how I pictured Max’s mom, but I didn’t say anything. Not that I could if I wanted to. “You know how quiet Max is though, he doesn’t talk very much, so when we met you yesterday we were just surprised. I’m actually surprised your parents let you out after the mishap this afternoon. You know Max is grounded this weekend don’t you?”

She’s looked at me as if she wanted an answer, ‘Great the one question that isn’t rhetorical,’ “Oh, yeah uh, you see my mom works late most days, so I know I’ll be hearing about it when I get in tonight,” I lie as to not get into this afternoon, but when Mr. Evan’s interrupted. I didn’t even think how my wayward remark would trigger his reaction and then a serious of others that had me home early that night.

“So does that mean the two of you have a house to yourselves most days?” Mr. Evans questioned.

Journal

And that’s was it. That one question triggered a number of reactions. First was Michael with his watery snort. He spit his drink into his food in an effort to stop a laugh from spewing out. Getting up with his plate in hand, Michael left to the kitchen to clear his mess. But I think most of the table wondered whether it was an actual snort or a cleverly staged plot to throw away most of Mrs. Evans’ concoction that barley left his plate.

Next was Isabel, who oh so subtly got up with her plate in hand and said, “You know, I’m going to go and help Michael with that in the kitchen and you all can continue here,” all with a smirk as she walked out.

Neither Mr. nor Mrs. Evans said anything. I figured because they wanted to talk to us privately in the first place, but I knew this couldn’t have been good. Why did I want to go to Max’s home for dinner again? Why did I have to be so curious? I just wanted to see how Max was at home with his family? I know what I told Max, but I honestly think that subconsciously I wanted to see if I met his parents I could figure out the piece of Max I was missing. If I could just figure out what he isn’t telling me then we wouldn’t have this cloud over us and Max would just let go. Boy was I wrong. All this night did was probably convince his parents I’m a little weird. I swear they wouldn’t have been anymore put off by me if I told them I was actually an alien. I told Max as such but he didn’t laugh. Maybe I’m right.

*Flash Cont’d*

“Yes, well no, you see I work a lot and…”

“Dad, just stop,” Max pleaded.

“Well Max, we had no intention of having this conversation yesterday, because I thought our chat last night stuck. But after this afternoon, it seems to us that it may be best to talk to the both of you about cooling your relationship down some,” Phillip said and Diane agreed.

“Kids it’s just that the two of you don’t really know each other, you’re both really young, and we feel that you are rushing into a situation that you aren’t quite ready for. Certain steps for a young couple any couple…”

“Oh God,” I interrupted. I didn’t know what to do or say. I was shell shocked but still ready to bolt if the words sex came out of any of his parents’ mouths.

Journal

That was not what I had planned for as the first real meeting between Max’s parents and I, but I guess I shouldn’t have expected any less, especially after everything that happened today. All I want is for his parents to like me and I hope I didn’t ruin it.

Seeing the distress I was feeling Max finally stepped in…

*Flash*

“That’s it!!” Max bellowed. I never heard him raise his voice so high, “Mom, Dad, I get what you’re saying and that you’re upset, but Liz and I didn’t do anything wrong,” seeing the disbelieving looks of his parents faces Max amended, “Okay, yeah we screwed up a little in the school sense, but we were just kissing. It really was all innocent, and I didn’t bring Liz here for a lecture or to be embarrassed. She has her own parents for these kinds of things so just stop,” he concluded.

Before Max’s parents could answer or Max would say anything I had to give my piece, “I know our relationship seems very sudden for you and so you were a bit shocked. Max has been and is my very best friend and I have known him for years. I know him better than most and I am so sorry if that scares you or makes you feel uncomfortable, but I care a lot for your son. I want to be with him. Yes we were acting irresponsible today, but that’s isn’t usually like either of us. One mishap is no reason to try and break us up.”

Journal

After saying my piece I excused myself. I did not want the night to go like this. I actually had it all planned out, from complementing Diane’s food and home to a bit of after dinner banter. I wanted Max’s parents to see me as the smart ‘girl next door’ type, a good person, but most of all just a girl in love with their son. Now, I just feel kind of bad for teasing Max this morning until he pulled me into the Eraser Room. I got us into this mess. It was my fault and I feel guilty. I only meant to leave the table for a minute to get my composure together. I did not need to lose it in front of his parents. I am usually stronger than that but I guess I was just out of my element. All I kept thinking was ‘what his parents must think of me.’ A few minutes later Max found me on his front stoop and drove me home.

I feel that I over reacted tonight. I’ve been doing that a lot lately and I can’t really explain it. It’s so unlike me. I mean I know I can snap every so often but it’s happening more often then less now. I had this weird feeling all day and I let it get the worst of me. Max tried to convince me his parents didn’t mean what I thought and that his mom usually didn't act like that. He thinks that she was a bit nervous tonight as well. They talked briefly after I ran off…

*Flash*

“Oh Max honey, we don’t want you to break up,” said Diane at my departure.

“You don’t,” Max asked confused.

“No dear, far from it. Max, you have never seemed happier than these past few weeks. You walk around with this constant goofy grin. We want you to be happy…”

“Not too happy,” came a deep voice from the kitchen,”

“Well yes that too, but what we are trying to say is to pull back and think about what you are getting yourself into. Start thinking with your head…”

“The one attached to your neck,” came a feminine voice from the same direction.

“Mom,” Max exclaimed.

“Isabel and Michael hush,” Diane yelled before continuing, “All we are saying is to slow down. You have years to get serious, okay?”

“Yeah sure mom, but you know I should go find Liz. I should take her home. Her mom is going to freak when she hears from the principal.”

“But the two of you haven’t finished eating and I still have dessert in the kitchen. Plus, we really want to speak to Liz more, clear the air.”

“You know mom we’re not all that hungry,” Max said giving his dad a knowing look, “I had a late lunch and knowing Isabel and especially Michael that cake is probably almost gone.”

Phillip’s eyes went wide at that, “What? They better not have. That was double fudge chocolate cake. I deserve cake,” Phillip argued rounding his way into the kitchen.

“See sweetie the mark to any good cook is having people just begging for more of anything you’ve made,” Diane said proudly. “Now go find Liz. Poor dear, we didn’t say all this to upset or hurt either of you. Just remember what your father and I said when you are dropping Liz off. Straight home and back no stopping you are still grounded. Plus, we don’t need her mother anymore upset than she already is going to be,” said Diane to a departing Max, but before he reached the door she threw in, “and spend less time getting there then you did getting here,” she finished knowingly before joining the rest of the family in the kitchen.

Journal

At least that was how Max told it. I hope he didn’t just say those things for my benefit. I guess it’s a good thing dinner finished so early, the rest of the table surly seemed to benefit from it. I just wish things had gone smoother. Maybe next time. So Max did as he was told, leaving me with nothing but a chastised kiss to hold me over till Monday. Funny thing is that he didn’t seem all that thrilled when he said it. I hope I’m just reading into something that isn’t there. He’s probably just upset about being grounded, that has to be it. Right?

*Knock on door*

Nancy peaked into her daughter’s room and saw her writing away, already in her pajamas. “Hey honey, you ready for bed already? It’s only a little past 9:00 on a Friday night. You aren’t going out with your friends,” Nancy questioned.

“Hey mom, no not tonight. Maria’s just getting off of her shift and after a whole day of work and school she’s done for it. Alex has band practice and Max is doing a family night or something with Michael and Isabel,” it wasn’t a whole lie, she thought. “Plus, I kind of figured I’d watch that biography on Madame Currie tonight. It starts soon. You want see it with me,” Liz asked her mother.

“Sure honey that would be great. Hey listen, I’m going to do freshen up first, but before I forget the Friday morning after next I’m going to be going to New York on business,” said Nancy.

“Didn’t we move here to get away from business in New York?” Liz asked.

“Well yes and no, look I have a surprise for you when I get back, but don’t even try to hint at it. I won’t budge, but I hope you’ll like it.”

“Okay. So the day after Thanksgiving huh, do we have any plans that day?” Liz asked

“Yeah actually, since it’s just the two of us and it’s just Amy and Maria, I suggested that the four of us all eat here at the cafe. Some of the locals have dinner here every year and I figured it is a great way to meet a few new people in town,” Nancy reasoned.

“Yeah that’s fine with me, it sounds like fun,” and it gives Max and me a whole weekend alone, Liz thought cheerily.

“Well great. I’m going to catch a quick shower, so go make some pop-corn and we’ll make a night out of it,” Nancy said before making her way out the door.

TBC...
Last edited by behrluv32 on Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:53 am, edited 8 times in total.
My Stories:
Pen Pals
Never Let You Go
Our Normal
Reunited
behrluv32
Addicted Roswellian

Post by behrluv32 »

I know, I know a new part so soon. :shock: :shock: Well don't get used to this. I was inspired this weekend...well, no, more i was avoiding a project due Tuesday that is kicking my ass. But here is part 14. I will not be back until after the 20th on anything so don't even wonder. Classes are over tue. and then I have finals these next two weeks, but i really wanted to get this out so i hope you all like it. I really like this chapter, but hey i wrote it so bias much. Thank you to anyone reading and a special thanks to those who have left fb,

LegalAlien
Erina
Timelord31
katydid
LairaBehr4
Zanity
begonia9508
belleoftheball
Earth2Mama
Dreamer-laure
Emz80m
candycane14
flyawayraven
orphyfets
thetvgeneral
#1Dreamer

anywho enjoy....

PS. The poem used in this section is an redone used from 2 different poems one by Sylvia Chidi & the other by Jeshickah Croshier. I used both poems and edited them to fit my story. And I will be having an authors chat on Penpals on the 21st at 7:30...i think that's the time

Chapter 14

Crash Down Backroom

“Thank you, thank you, thank you. I owe you so much Alex,” Liz said while giving Alex a big hug. “Now you know exactly what to do, where to go, and you can’t get caught okay...”

“Yes, I have my mission and I will accomplish it. Neither rain, nor sleet nor snow… neither gloom of night nor heavy wind…”

“Shall keep this postman from his appointed rounds…yeah, yeah, yeah we got it Alex! Just go get rid of Moon Doggies blues. Liz and I have to get to work, so go be the dutiful messenger and deliver your package,” Maria said, not wanting to hear anymore of Alex’s mailman impression.

“Don’t pay any mind to her because when you get back not only am I buying you a free meal and desert, but tonight’s activities are on me,” Liz said finally releasing Alex from his hug.

“So Liz what is it that you supplied for the jail bird? Did you bake him a cake with a file in it,” Alex asked teasingly, but when he saw the guilty look on Liz’s face he began to laugh, “You did, didn’t you?”

Blushing profusely Liz handed him over the box and said, “Well no, not exactly. It’s a big cup cake and I don’t even know if it’s good or not. Max has this weird thing where he puts Tabasco on like everything, but he like loves it in his sweet stuff. I think he’s kinda shy about it because he tries to like sneak it into all his food, but he always tastes like…”

“Okay, okay too tooo much info for me! Sorry I asked, get back to the box,” Alex said mimicking as if he was going to cover his ears.

“Oh, sorry,” Liz said coyly, “Uhm, it’s just a letter, some personal items, and yes, a big chocolate Tabasco cupcake,” Liz ended with a smile. “Make sure you pay attention to what he looks like when he gets it so you can describe him to me. Oh and be very careful, his parents can’t see you. Go straight to the side of the house…”

Interrupting Liz, Alex said, “Liz I know. We went over this. It’s the first window on the left,”

“Right Alex,” Liz reprimanded.

“I know I’m right,” Alex teased.

“No Alex the window’s…”

“Liz, I know I was kidding, your buddy has got it under control. You’re covered,” Alex said as he walked out the Crash Down with the beautiful box that Liz hand decorated, full of treats for Max.

Max PoV
Max’s Room

Since dropping Liz off last night, I have been hauled up in my room. I haven’t slept a wink tough. All I’ve been thinking about is our relationship and it is driving me insane because at some point I realized what I had to do.

I’m breaking up with Liz.

Somewhere along the night I finally resigned myself to that fact.

I am breaking up with Liz.

I have to keep saying it because if I don’t I just won’t believe it. I even know what I’m going to say and how I’m going to say it. Even if all the while it’s breaking my own heart to even think it, I have to do it.

It’s what is best for her. I can’t ever tell her the truth. I’ve thought about telling her a thousand times since she’s been here, but the scenario is never good. Even if she’d accept me, I couldn’t do it to Isabel and Michael. It isn’t only my secret and my life. They wouldn’t understand my needed to tell her. If I even suggested it they’d start saying that I needed to break it off with her because I’m in it too deep. They’re right. I am in too deep.

Why won’t that get easier? Damn, I don’t want to do it. My mom was right, Liz is my reason to smile, breath, and be. I have to keep telling myself I’ll only hurt her in the end. That is what will make it easier.

It was so different when she was across the country. I could pretend to be the normal guy to her normal girl. I could dream of what we could be, but still be complacent with what we were. When Liz arrived to Roswell I couldn’t help myself. She was so willing and I was more so, but now I have to end it. I pray that she won’t hate me. I hate me enough for the both of us.

I have two whole days to dwell on it. I still can’t sleep. I have been up all night. Can’t close my eyes. The sun rose hours ago. I look at my clock. It’s half past 9. Someone will be knocking on my door soon to get me to breakfast. I just want to sleep.

Alex PoV
Knock*Knock*Knock

I tap on the window three times hoping to get a response. It’s still early. If I was grounded on a Saturday morning, well probably just about any Saturday morning really, I would just be getting up at 10. Liz said he’d be up. Why isn’t he answering? Damn, blinds. Is he not in his room?

Knock*Knock*Knock

“Michael Guerin, so help me God if you’ve woken me up on a Saturday morning and it isn’t life or death…Alex?”

“Isabel!” God she’s even a goddess when she’s just woken up and she’s only wearing a long t-shirt, “Uh you’re…you’re not Max,” I say stumbling over my words.

“What?” Isabel asked rubbing the sleep from her eyes. “Alex what are you doing knocking on my window and so early. If you don’t sleep at least have some consideration for those of us who do,” eying the nicely decorated box he was holding with the bow on top she stopped her little rant and asked, “Is that for me?” now seemingly intrigued to see me at her window.

“You’re not Max,” I repeated dumbly.

“Way to state the obvious. Wait are you here to give that to Max? You know he has a girlfriend, right?” Isabel teased.

Getting my composer together I finally say, “Uh, I’m sorry and no it isn’t for you. Actually it’s for Max, from Liz,” I emphasize the last bit. “Although, I’m sure someone as beautiful as you gets gifts like these all the time,” I say flirtingly.

“Yeah well not with a personal delivery service. You do know Max is grounded. He’s not supposed to have visitors.”

“I’ll be in and out. That’s why I was coming to his window. Liz said first window to the right.”

“Yeah, it is, but you’ve got the wrong side of the house. It’s the left side of the house first window on your right,” Isabel corrected.

“Crap, I know that’s what she said that too. Can we keep this slight mishap between the two of us?”

“Whatever. So you know what’s in the box,” Isabel asked curiously.

“I’m not too sure I want to know everything that’s in the box, but I got the gist that your brother is into some weird things.”

“Like what?”

“Something about Tabasco favored desserts.” I still cringe at that.

Alex missed Isabel’s eyes bugging out some at that statement, “Yeah weird, God my brother is so spoiled,” Isabel said changing the subject.

“Yeah I guess a little, but you know that’s what people do in a relationship. It’s that whole romance, flowers and candies thing. You should see the roses Max got her. I’m sure 30 long stemmed white roses, with vase and stuffed animal set him back at least a hundred. I think they’re both spoiled.”

“He did that?”

“Yeah, I’m surprised you don’t know. It’s not like he didn’t have every girl in school fawning over him already because of that Evansness you guys were like born with, now he’s like purposefully making the girls swoon and every guy in school look bad.”

“Evansness?”

“Yeah beautiful without even trying,” I said, it as more in reference to Isabel.

Knowing full well what I was talking about, but probably not wanting to get into it, she said, “So you think my brother’s beautiful.”

“What? No, no, I mean, you…you know a guy is a guy… what? I meant…”

I think she's had enough fun teasing me for the morning, and decided not to have me squirm any longer as she finished saying, “Well you know where his window is now, so you can go do that…” as Isabel closed the blinds with a smile on her face.

“Oh, oh yeah, so let me go and…bye,” I’m speaking to the closed blinds, but I can’t help the smile that formed when I faintly heard a bye back.

Knock*Knock*Knock

“Michael, you know I’m in enough trouble without you…Alex?”

“I guess Michael uses the window a lot huh?”

“Yeah, what are you doing here?”

“Well isn’t the Evans’ bunch jolly in the morning. And a good morning to you too.”

“Sorry, it’s just... never mind. What’s up, umm, I kind of can’t have anyone over today.”

“Yeah I know, I heard. That’s why I’m using the window. As a favor to your lovely girlfriend I have come baring a gift,” Alex said passing over the box.

“Really,” Max said intrigued and gave the box a once over.

Holding his hand out as if to receive a tip, Alex laughed when he saw Max put down the box and looking around for his wallet, “I’m kidding, plus even if I weren’t, if Liz ever found out I’m sure she’d kick my ass. I’ll get out of here so you can open that up in private.” Alex said already walking away.

“Thanks,” Max said still standing by the window.

The knock on his door had Max spin quickly. “Good morning Max. I came to tell you I made breakfast if you’re hungry. Did I just hear you talking to someone? Is that Michael at your window? He knows…”

“Mom, I’m not talking to anyone. I was just opening my window. It was getting hot in my room that’s all. I may eat a little later, but I’m still kind of tired.”

“Okay,” Diane said a bit skeptically, “but if you’re hungry come and eat you’re grounded but you’re not confined to your room you know.”

“Thanks mom, I’ll go once I'm ready. I promise.”

“Okay,” seeing a box on the floor with hearts, stickers and a bow on it Diane pointed, “What’s that?”

Blushing slightly, Max mumbled, “Uh Liz had…”

Smiling at her son and thinking what a goner he really was, “Don’t tell me you were up all night getting a gift together for Liz. That isn’t exactly what your father and I had in mind when we said…”

Interrupting his mother Max said, “No mom, uh Liz gave that to me yesterday. I just haven’t had the chance to open it yet.”

“Oh, well, fine then. I guess. Well don’t be too long, your food will get cold. It's chocolate chip pancakes,” Diane tempted.

At the sound of his stomach grumbling he thought that sounded good. He didn’t really eat dinner last night. At least he knew his mom made that well. They were Isabel’s favorite too, so he knew he should get there before his dad and Izzy ate them all. “Yeah fine mom you convinced me. I’ll be there soon.”

“Great,” Diane said as she walked out the door.

~~~

Max brought the box to his bed, unwrapped the bow and undid the lid. When he peered inside his heart clenched and a bitter sweet smile caressed his lips. In the box right up top were two pictures, a recent one of Liz to put in his wallet and a framed one of both him and Liz. He remembered when this picture was taken. It was their first one together. A week after Liz had gotten to town she had said they needed to take a picture together since they didn’t have any. ‘I guess she finally developed it.’ As he went on, he took out a small container. When he opened it he laughed. It was a large cupcake with a file baked in. ‘How cute,’ he thought, but what really surprised him was when he took a bite. It tasted sweet with a hint of Tabasco. ‘I guess I wasn’t as sneaky as I though.’ A few CD’s with a little sticky that said, ‘Don’t blow up the Crows this weekend, here’s something a little lighter to make you feel better,’ there were mostly mix CD’s and a copy of the new Moby that he has been meaning to get. As he continued there were a number of other smaller things including a little stuffed alien in a Crash Down uniform and finally a letter.

Opening the letter he read…

My Dearest Max,

I see you everyday, but at times it doesn’t feel like enough.
We may only be parted for two days, but I feel as if I only just got
you and two days, two hours, two minutes can feel like too much.

I am writing to you because I miss the letters we used to write.
Although the tangible you will always be better than any letter, I just
wanted to tell you, I will be thinking of you even if I cannot be with you.

I know you have something to tell me...something you've been holding back.
I feel it in the way you kiss me. I feel it in the way you touch me. I see it every
time you’re about to say something but don’t. Most of all, I see it in your eyes.
I just want you to know I’ll always be here for you, whenever you need me.
I wrote you this poem. I think it says it all…

Truth is Solid

You hold the truth
in your eyes

You can pull me through darkness
And into the light

The truth is within you
But you won’t let it out

The lies come at me
from all sides

I can’t find the truth
no matter how hard I try

Help me through the darkness
before it swallows you completely

You seem so lost and confused
I don’t know what to do

The truth in your eyes
helps me find my way to you

Without you by my side
I would be lost forever

If you ever left me
I would be so lost

Nothing would have form
Nothing would matter

I seek the truth in you
The weak lie is not you

So speak up,
Yes you

The truth can hurt
But the lies mustn’t continue

I ask the truth of you
The truth within

I need the truth of you
Simply choose your venue

The truth to any degree
Is a starting point to be free

Just like one and two make three
is a truth to believe

You and I can be truth
If you’d open up to me

When you’re ready
I’ll be here to lend an ear

Yours truly,
Yours always,

Liz

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
Max PoV

I have resigned myself to a single fact. I am scum! I reread Liz's letter a few times and know it changes nothing, She can never know. I cannot tell her. It isn’t even an option anymore, so I have to stop thinking about it.

I pick up the little alien wearing the Crash Down uniform. I pick up the picture of Liz and I. I look at everything spread around me. It hurts. I hurt. I don’t even want to think it anymore, but how can I think of anything else?

I'm not in the least bit hungry anymore and have no desire to join my family this morning. I get back into bed holding onto my new pictures and stuffed alien, resigned to the fact that I am going to break my heart in only a few days time.

The words still don't sound real.

TBC...
Last edited by behrluv32 on Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
My Stories:
Pen Pals
Never Let You Go
Our Normal
Reunited
behrluv32
Addicted Roswellian

Post by behrluv32 »

Thanks to my wonderful beta for getting this out to me within a matter of hours :wink: ure a doll

Chapter 15

Max PoV

It’s Monday morning and in barely 10 minutes the bells will ring to signal the start of class. I have had one mantra ringing through my head the entire weekend and after school today I am going to do it.

I take a deep breath.

I planned out every word I am going to say. I am ready.

I look at the building that is currently housing Liz and will myself to get out of my car and go straight to class.

The class I share with Liz…

The class where we are partners…

The class where we have to work together… closely.

I would be lying if I didn’t admit at least to myself that I’m being a complete coward. I am just sitting in my car, staring as my schoolmates make there way to their classes as I hide out. Isabel asked if I was okay before she got out the car. I said yes but she saw right through the lie. She, along with my parents, thought I was moping in my room this weekend because I missed Liz. Though it wasn’t a complete lie, it’s hardly the reason I’m dreading going inside.

If I were to walk into the building Liz would be looking for me or at least waiting for me so we could have some alone time together before class. If she were to see me, I don’t think I would have the power to stop her from wrapping her arms around me to pull me into a kiss.

Who am I kidding?

I don’t think I have the power not to do the same.

I look over at the clock.

5 minutes before the bell rings…

I take another deep breath and then sputter out a cough as I hear an angelic voice whispering in my ear, “Max…Max are you okay?” Liz’s gentle hands glide over my own that I now notice are clutching the steering wheel.

I don’t say a word; I just look into her eyes.

She looks so worried.

I don’t know what to say.

I don’t want to hurt her.

“I ran into Isabel in the hallway. She asked me to come out to check up on you. She said you were acting funny and she’s worried. Apparently worried enough to ask me to help you,” Liz finishes with a smile gracing her lovely lips.

I still say nothing.

“Max, you’re scaring me now,” she says raising her hands to my face.

I don’t want to scare her.

I take one last deep breath.

I turn to Liz and muster the best smile I can, then pull her into the driver’s seat with me. I hug her and kiss her lips softly. I say the only thing that comes to mind, “I’m sorry. I don’t ever want to scare you. I’m fine.” The skeptical look on her face had me rush to continue, “But I really have to tell you something. Meet me here after school. We’ll go somewhere…to, to talk”

She looks up at me, her eyes gleaming with an emotion I cannot read. The bell rings signaling the beginning of class. I look back at the building and pull Liz out of the car with me. “We should go.” I hold her hand all the way to class.

‘How the hell am I going to do this,’ I think as Liz squeezes my hand tighter and wraps her arm around my waist.

Liz PoV

7 minutes earlier

“Liz, hey Liz,” I hear Isabel’s voice calling from down the hall.

“Oh, uh hey Isabel, what’s up?” I ask, wondering what would prompt Isabel to come looking for me. “Where’s Max? I thought he was driving you,” I add as I look around for Max. I have missed him terribly all weekend and want to know what he thought about the package I sent. Alex wasn’t really any help in deciphering Max, all he kept going on about was that he and Isabel had a ‘moment’ or something before he gave Max the box. I knew he’d mix up the windows.

“Yeah, he did. Uh, look okay, Max was acting…different. I don’t know why, but if he doesn’t want to talk to me about it then it’s probably about you or your fault,” Isabel said in a tone that had me rolling my eyes. What her issue is with me, I may never know. “Anyway, he is in the parking lot right now so…” she leaves the last part open, knowing there isn’t really anything else to say, so I walk off to find Max and leave her with a nod.

I make my way out of the school building and once I hit the parking lot my eyes lock onto him. Max is sitting in his car not really looking out at anything. It seems as if a million thoughts are running through his mind and before I know it my legs have led me to his side and my hands are running over his clenched fists, “Max…Max are you okay?” I would have thought the question had fallen upon deaf ears if he hadn’t turned his intense gaze onto me.

He’s just looking at me. He doesn’t say anything. He doesn’t even open his mouth. What’s wrong with him? Isabel was right.

“I ran into Isabel in the hallway. She asked me to come out to check up on you. She said you were acting funny and she’s worried. Apparently worried enough to ask me to help you,” I say smiling at him in my teasing efforts to break his reverie.

Still nothing.

Now he is seriously scaring me and I tell him as such as I raise my palm to my face.

He still doesn’t speak.

He takes a deep breath then turns to me.

He tries to smile.

It’s weak.

Max pulls me onto his lap; I think he secretly knows how much I love when he does that. It may be rather cavemanish, but what can I say, I love. He hugs me then softly kisses my lips. Moments like this I love as well.

He finally spoke and I thought I was finally getting through to him. “I’m sorry. I don’t ever want to scare you,” he said with such honesty and then the lies came again. “I’m fine,” he argues but with one skeptical look from me he corrects, “but I really have to tell you something. Meet me here after school. We’ll go somewhere…to, to talk”

This is it. This is the moment I have been waiting for. My package worked - he’s finally going to tell me. I know this will be the final barrier between Max and I. The bell rings signaling the beginning of class. I look back at the building and Max pulls me out of the car with him. “We should go,” he says before grabbing my hand and walking us to class.

I’m so anxious. This is great, it’s completely incredible I can’t wait for this afternoon. I squeeze Max’s hand tighter and wrap my arm around his waist. God I love him. Whatever he has to tell me, I am so ready.

Max PoV

The school day has come and gone in an agonizingly slow pace. If I had anything else planned this afternoon I would have said it was an unusually good day.

Classes were good, pretty easy even. Well, easy enough for me to get through with Liz running heavy through my mind. And lunch, well that was… surprising.

This was the first time that Michael, Isabel, Maria, Alex, Liz and I all sat like friends and had a normal lunch. We didn’t all really socialize as a whole group, just sat and ate. Isabel shared some strange looks with Liz and was laughing with Alex about something or the other. Michael just sat and stared into nothing, and then got up and left when the bell rang. Liz and Maria were laughing and talking like usual and me, well I held onto Liz’s hand and watched everyone else.

I tried to analyze our little group and wondered what tomorrow would be like when Liz and I were no longer tying us all together. I wondered about that coming afternoon and about what my future would hold, but most of all I wondered if Liz would still want to be a part of that future if it meant we couldn’t be together.

Would she be okay with us just being friends? Will she hate me after today? I hope not. All I know for sure is that I can’t tell her the truth and as much as it kills me, it’s what has to be. It’s what is best for everyone, whether we like it or not.

I’m waiting for Liz by the jeep now. She’s finishing off a few things then we have the afternoon to ourselves, but this won’t take the whole day. I asked Michael and Izzy to find other rides. I don’t think they expected anything less after this weekend.

I spot Liz coming near me. God, she is too beautiful for words. She’s wearing a skirt with boots up to her knees today and a sweater that rides up to expose her stomach just about anytime she moves, and I can’t help the way my body naturally reacts to her. She’s talking to Alex and that girl that sings in his band, but when Liz laughs a smile that brightened up her entire face she takes my breath away. I knew this would be one of the toughest things I’d ever have to do, but now…now I’m trying to keep my composure long enough to get through this.

“Hey Max,” she breathes out as she walks towards me, before reaching up on her tiptoes to kiss me on the lips, “so where are we going?” she asks excitedly.

“Just for a drive. I don’t want to go too far away… you know my parents and all,” I say, it’s not a complete lie. She smiles, buckles her seat belt and lays her hand on my thigh as I drive out the school.

I drive us to a park close to the Crash. We sit by some swings and just watch the younger kids play for a while.

We don’t exchange any words. Just sit and watch. I know she’s just giving me the time I need but after a few minutes when I don’t start she tries to give me a heading.

“Max you said you had something to tell me…so uhm you know you can tell me anything, right,” she states rather than asks. “I know I’ve been pushing this a little, but it’s only because you’ve seemed so distant and I know whatever this is…whatever is bothering you, you’ve seemed like you wanted to get it out but didn’t know how. Look Max, before we were ever anything we were friends and we told each other everything, so I just need you to know nothing you could have to say to me will make me turn away from you,” the sincerity in her voice makes me want to break all the rules and just tell her, but as much as she may think what she is saying is true she can’t possibly know what she’s asking. Can she? Can I?

So this is it the moment of truth. I take her hand into mine, I look into her eyes and start a speech that I’ve been practicing all weekend, “Liz, I want you just to hear me out first, just let me get through this and then…well then it will be it I guess,” why isn’t this coming out right, “Since the third grade when we got paired together on that school assignment we’ve practically told each other everything. You were my first friend and became my best friend. Then that day you moved here I was just so happy to see you I didn’t know what to do with myself." I say as I see her blush I can’t help myself as I push her hair out of her face and place my palm on her cheek, “And then everything just started going so fast and before I know it we’re both in this place and I’m getting sex talks everyday and I’m just not ready for this,” she looks at me with confused eyes and at my next words realizations dawns on her, “I’m not ready for us.”

“What?” she breathes the word out barely above a whisper and pushes my hand off her face. “Max what are you talking about? Where is this even coming from?” she asks now with much more force and obvious confusion etched across her face.

“I don’t want to lose our friendship, you mean so much to me. But, this relationship is too much for me right now and we’ve been going too fast... I’m not ready to have sex with you just…” her laughter breaks my train of thought and I look at her wondering what’s so funny.

“This is a joke right Max because you can’t possibly be serious.” I thought it was plausible. Who am I kidding I’d have sex with her on this very bench right now in broad daylight if she’d let me, “First off Max, I never said I was ready to have sex and I would never even pressure you,” she says incredulously, but this is spinning in the wrong direction so I try to fix it.

“Liz, I know! That’s not what I meant and it’s not just about sex. It’s just this relationship isn’t what I see for us,” the way she looks a me I know I’m saying it all wrong, but I don’t know how to say this and I can’t even muster up the passion to say it right, so I just say what I’ve been trying to reason myself out of for too long now, “Liz, I think we should break up.”

Liz PoV

When we sat down to talk I was so excited I knew Max was finally going to tell me, so even though it was taking him some time to get it out, I knew I just needed to give him a little push and he would start. I blush when he starts to talk about our past and pushes some of my hair out of my face. He’s so sweet, I know he’s just leading himself up to what he needs to say but what he says next completely throws me for a loop because I seriously didn’t expect it. “I’m not ready for us.”

“What?” I don’t even know if I said that out loud. “Max what are you talking about? Where is this even coming from,” I know he can’t possibly be serious.

“I don’t want to lose our friendship, you mean so much to me. But, this relationship is too much for me right now and we’ve been going too fast... I’m not ready to have sex with you just…” I have to laugh at that, now I know he’s kidding, or at least lying to me because he seriously isn’t ready to talk to me like I thought.

“This is a joke right Max, because you can’t possibly be serious,” I ask him and about 50 different thought seem to run across his face. He’s lying to me. I can tell, but why? What is he trying to do? “First off Max, I never said I was ready to have sex, and I would never even pressure you.” God I swear if my mother could see this now, me telling my 16 year-old boyfriend that I’m not pressuring him into sex.

“Liz, I know! That’s not what I meant and it’s not just about sex. It’s just this relationship isn’t what I see for us.” He’s not saying what I think he’s saying, “Liz, I think we should break up,” or maybe he is.

I pull away from him. I look at him and really study him — his features, he’s fidgeting; his body, his shoulders are slumped; his eyes, they are looking at everything but me. He’s lying to me. He’s lying. Why is he doing this to me…to us? He doesn’t want to do this I just know it. “Liz,” his voice penetrates through my thoughts.

“Why…?” he cuts me off thinking I was going to ask him why he was breaking up with him. “NO!!” I say forcefully, “No, that’s not it. Why are you lying to me again? Why can’t you just tell me the truth? What’s so horrible that you think you have to break up with me instead of telling me? Max nothing you have to tell me is going to make me turn away from you so why don’t you just tell me,” I say grabbing his hands in mine. “Max I… please just tell me—please,” I practically beg as the tears start flowing down my face against my will.

Max is making me feel sad, angry, and confused all at once and the combination has formed into this lump in my throat and tears in my eyes. I don’t want to cry but this whole situation is getting the better of me and I can’t control my emotions right now. Then Max does something that completely throws me for a loop. He grabs the back of my neck and pulls me into a slow but hard passionate kiss. Finally, with a sincerity that only Max can muster he say, “I guess here goes nothing,” he looks deep into my teary eyes and smiles a little before saying the last thing in the world I could ever imagine, “I’m an alien. I’m not from this planet...”
Last edited by behrluv32 on Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Stories:
Pen Pals
Never Let You Go
Our Normal
Reunited
behrluv32
Addicted Roswellian

Post by behrluv32 »

The best type of thanks to LairaBehr4 who spent a lot of time today going over this with me today until it was perfect. Well at least perfect for me. You’re a God-Sent. *big hug*

Thank you to all who are reading lurking and all. A special thanks to all the feedback-ers. I even went back a few chapters for not thanking you before.

Sprayadhesive
Veronica
Cocogurl
Dreamerlaure
Zanity
Cocopucks
Earth2Mama
candycane14
Emz80m
begonia9508
sylvia37
Allie Xie
Believer
Ellie
Confusedfool
Orphyfets
Thetvgeneral
Behrsgurl*87
Belleoftheball

Pen Pals

Chapter 16a

The Reaction

“I’m an alien. I’m not from this planet…well I am but…” Max continued.

Liz was only now coming out of the haze of that wonderfully fervent kiss Max gave, only to hear something that she knew had to be a joke—but no. He kept going. If there was one thing Liz expected to come out of Max’s mouth, this certainly was not it. She didn’t know whether to laugh at the silliness of the situation or to be furious at the audacity Max had to be making fun of her at a time like this. Fury was quickly winning out as angry tears were replacing her previous ones. She decided then that she was definitely crying too much in front of him.

“If you think you are being funny right now Max Evans, you’re not!!! I can’t even believe you could just start joking like that,” Liz cuts Max off angrily, while wiping away at her eyes.

She wanted to scream. She was finally feeling as if she was breaking through his walls, and he had the nerve to tease her. She felt like she was giving him all she had and she couldn’t understand what was holding him back. Maybe he did just want to break it off with her. “If you don’t have the same feelings for me anymore then at least have the guts to tell me that instead of putting me through all this crap Max. Don’t feed me this I-want-to-save-our-friendship line when all of three days ago you couldn’t even keep your hands off me!”

“Liz…” Max tried meekly, but Liz didn’t let him. Anger was clouding her mind and erecting barriers over her now-breaking heart. He really wanted to set her straight but they were in a public park and even though no one was close enough to hear them speaking in a normal tone, they could certainly turn some heads with Liz’s yelling. Max certainly couldn’t show her proof here, but he wanted to prove his point. It then crossed his mind that this probably wasn’t the best place to tell her his secret.

Max knew blurting out he was an alien like that probably wasn’t the best way to go about it. He really did, but he hadn’t planned on telling Liz anything about his other worldly status today either. It just happened. The way Liz was being so honest with him, open as always. The way she was promising him that he could tell her anything, pointing out their years of friendship and her final pleadings with him how could he not bare his soul as well? He thought that maybe he wouldn’t even have to say anything to Isabel and Michael, and even if he did Liz would be by his side so it would be okay. Michael and Iz would get over it…well, eventually. They can’t possibly expect him to be alone forever, and well, Liz was different… special. She wouldn’t say anything. She would never intentionally hurt him like that.

Once he finally convinced himself of that, as much as he could anyway, he kissed her with all the passion he could muster — just in case this was it, he wanted one last taste. He was going on faith and his knowledge of how Liz is as a person and hoping that was enough. This could be their last kiss after he confesses to being a freak, but regardless it would be their last kiss under the cloak of the illusion Max had so fully come to accept and hate at the same time.

He would no longer be just another normal guy and his normal girlfriend. Playing at normal — at being an average, run-of-the-mill, regular guy — was what he’d learned to perfect the last 10 years. But he no longer wished to hide under this façade, and he knew Liz would no longer accept it. Even if he’d have to be Max Evans, Roswell’s resident alien, he knew Liz would be okay with it once it sunk in … or at least he hoped so with one final gulp before he spilled out the truth. But now things were spiraling out of control and Liz wasn’t hearing him out. In fact, she was now moving away from him and quickly.

“No Max, don’t bother, I get it. It is over. And please don’t get up. I’ll just walk back to my house.” The last thing Liz wanted now was to be in an enclosed space with Max. She couldn’t understand why he was doing this and she didn’t know if she even wanted to right now. She honestly was just too upset. She just needed to get away… away from Max and any other prying eyes. He was sitting there, insulting her intelligence, making fun of the geeky scientist girl who lives above an alien-themed restaurant. If she ever expected this from anyone, it sure as hell wasn’t from her boyfriend — her best friend, she thought as the tears started up again. She knew she had to get out of there now, so she stood up and made her way out of the park.

When Max saw Liz going he started to panic. He jumped up and went after her, catching her in the middle of crossing the street. Max pulled Liz back to him, but she refused to turn around and face him. He settled for pulling her back against his front and pulling her into a tight embrace. He spoke softly into her ear, “I get that you’re mad at me,” Liz gave an exaggerated snort that Max decided to ignore, “…and probably confused, so I’m going to let you go cool down…”

“You’re going to let me,” Liz said incredulously as she tried to pull away from Max.

“Liz,” she shivered at his tone, but still had not turned to face him, “…please don’t, okay?”

“Just leave me alone Max. I don’t want to hear it,” Liz said rather weakly.

Max was about to continue but a car honking broke the couple out of their thoughts and stopped Max’s words. He didn’t move though, nor did he loosen his grip on Liz. They stood in their embrace in the middle of the street, not noticing the strange looks they were getting and completely ignoring the cars that were filing up because of them. Max tried again, “Just trust me. Believe in me and in us and I promise I’ll explain tomorrow. Okay?” He questioned before loosening his grip.

Cars were passing around them. Drivers were cursing them. They didn’t hear their words. They didn’t feel anything, but each other. Liz turned to face Max. His heart broke at the anguish on her face. He knew he needed to fix things. Make everything better. Make Liz understand. This day hasn’t turned out as he expected. Liz didn’t answer. She wiped her eyes turned away from him and ran the few blocks home. Max watched Liz turn the corner, standing rooted where she left him.

He knew he messed up. He would go home and think about how he can show her without freaking her out., “I hope I’m making the right decision here,” he said to himself. ‘She just wants the truth and I can do that. I CAN do that. I’ll give her a few hours. I’ll see her tonight,’ he thought the wheels turning in his head on what he would say and how he would say it.

“Son, is there a problem? Are you okay?” Sheriff James Valenti asked the young man. He had gotten a call over the radio saying there was a disturbance by the park off of Main Street. When he saw the young man just standing in the middle of the street looking out into nothing and not responding to his initial siren, he pulled out his car and approached him.

Max broke out of his thoughts and finally realized he was disturbing traffic by standing in the street, “Shit,” he cursed.

“Excuse me?” the sheriff said as he tipped up his hat and pulled down his shades.

“Oh nothing Sheriff, I’m sorry. I was just thinking and I stopped. I’ll be on my way now,” Max said as he jogged over to the jeep.

“Well next time find a better place than the middle of a busy street to think,” Valenti’s reply came quickly as he followed Max to his car.

“You’re right sir, I’m sorry,” Max repeated taking out his license and registration when asked.

When the Sheriff saw there wasn’t a problem he let Max drive off.

Max went straight home, but was too preoccupied in his thoughts of Liz to notice the Sheriff tailing him.

Valenti made a mental note to watch this kid. ‘He seems a little off,’ Valenti thought.

Last edited by behrluv32 on Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Stories:
Pen Pals
Never Let You Go
Our Normal
Reunited
behrluv32
Addicted Roswellian

Post by behrluv32 »

Thanks for the fb…
Sprayadhesive
Zanity
candycane14
Earth2Mama (*2)
begonia9508
LairaBehr4
Cocogurl (*2)
Timelord31
Erina
Veronica
Francesca
Believer
katydid

Chapter 16b

Liz didn’t know what to do with herself. She was going mad and couldn’t take it anymore. It had been three hours since her talk with Max. She was long past crying and couldn’t stand being home alone anymore. The solitude just made her mind go in circles, and as much as she tried not to think about anything by throwing herself into her homework, cleaning, listening to music, anything, it all lead back to Max. ‘Everything leads back to Max,’ she thought glumly.

Worst yet, she couldn’t stand to be in her house. The memories of them in her room, her balcony, every room, hall, nook and cranny of the apartment really… god even her mother’s room had vivid memories of their relationship. Liz needed to get out. She needed to talk to someone. She needed her best friend. Picking up the phone, she began to dial Max’s number. It was her first instinct. He’s always her first thought. Stopping, when she realized what she was doing Liz hung up and dialed a new number.

“I need you,” were the only words she spoke to her new friend that was quickly becoming her best confidant. In the past month, besides Max, Maria and Alex were the ones who where always there for her. Whenever she felt Max pulling away some or distancing himself or when she just needed to talk, she’d call Maria and Alex. She’d ask Maria’s advice and then Alex would come in and make them all laugh and pull them out of their serious conversations. They were a great mix and Liz found herself growing close to the two quickly and easily. She was glad to have found two good friends here that she felt a real connection with and that she knew would provide shoulders to cry on. Without a shadow of a doubt, Liz knew either of them would be there for her and that thought alone was comforting.

When Maria got a cryptic call from Liz with no information just an impassioned, “I need you,” she jumped into action. She wasn’t sure what the problem was and it didn’t even matter, she said “I’ll be there,” without a second thought. All that mattered was that her friend needed her and she seemed upset. Luckily Maria had just finished her shift and from the caller ID she knew Liz was home.

“Hey what’s the rush, Blondie? I was going to order some food,” Michael said nonchalantly as Maria got off the phone.

Maria didn’t even have a response for Michael. He had barely said two forced words to her since they ‘broke up,’ and now he was acting like they were friends. “Well then talk to your waitress, I’m off,” she said snidely.

Not understanding where the extra attitude was coming from since everything with them seemed fine that afternoon, they even all had lunch together, he asked, “Hey what’s your deal? I thought we were cool?”

Maria wanted to scream at him, wanted to fight with him, and any other time she would have jumped at the chance, but if she got into it now then she knew it would get big. Her main concern was Liz right now and she could put Michael off for a while, “I’m not even going to condone that with an answer,” she told him and then muttered under her breath, “Estupido, pendejo” as she was about to walk off.

Even though she muttered it Michael heard her perfectly. He didn’t know what he did to make her so upset, but he wanted to find out. He was thinking about starting something up with Maria again, but he didn’t know how to go about it; it just used to always sort of happen. He was serious when he said he couldn’t get too attached and he still meant it. He knew too many attachment on this planet were futile, this isn’t where they belonged. His situation here sucked, but when he was with Maria it wasn’t all bad. Plus, Isabel dated humans all the time and well Max and Liz were practically attached by the hips, lips every other body part now, and nothing bad was happening, so he figured, why not just go for it.

He even kind of liked Maria, when she wasn’t talking that is, and since the others were all public about there dating he figured he could be too, if that was Maria’s issue. He wasn’t one for all the lovey-dovey crap like Max, but he knew he liked kissing her and didn’t even mind her around. They’ve even hung out as a group a few times and it wasn’t all bad. He had perfected not listening to others while they spoke, so that shouldn’t be too much of an issue either, and he’d even have someone to distract Liz when he wanted ‘guy time’ with Max. It would be a win-win situation if he could figure out what’s up Maria’s butt. Grabbing her arm before she could turn away he said, “Seriously, what’s your issue?”

“Michael, if I had time today I’d be more than happy to get into this with you and tell you exactly what I think of you, but Liz needs me right now. So if you don’t take your hands off me, I’ll do it myself,” Maria said raising her voice and catching the eyes of a few patrons in the restaurant.

‘Oh God, is she like PMS-ing? I wonder if she’s as bad as Isabel. I’d better not tempt fate,’ Michael thought before taking his hand off her and saying the only thing that came to his mind, “Uh, isn’t Max with Liz now? I mean he told me they were going to go out this afternoon, so I figured…” he left it hanging in the air.

“Well, school’s been out for hours. More so for you though I’m sure, since I don’t recall seeing you in last period,” Maria said icily.

Smirking down at her he smiled and said, “Oh you noticed. I’m touched.” in a sarcastic tone that he only meant to sound teasing, but Maria didn’t take it as such. She jabbed him hard on the shoulder and walked back to Liz’s apartment without another look or word in Michael’s direction.

“Hey, what was that about,” Alex asked walking up to Michael after catching the tail end of that conversation.

Rubbing his shoulder he turned to look at Alex and said, “I don’t know. I came in asking to order some food and she got all defensive cursing me in Spanish and hitting me. I barely said anything to her. She is as bad as Isabel on PMS,” he said that last part more to himself, but Alex heard it all the same and was now rethinking whether or not he seriously wanted to hang with Maria tonight.

But then again, knowing what Alex knew about Michael he probably didn’t just ask like that. Either way it added to a mad Maria, and could be dangerous. In the end, he decided to just grab a booth and wait out Maria in the Crash.

“Well, I’m going to eat, you wanna like…” Alex said gesturing at the table.

Michael looked at Alex, the table, then back out to where Maria just went off to and said, “Whatever, I was gonna eat anyway,” as he sat down. Maybe he can get some tips into the Maria psyche from her best friend if nothing else.

“Men…arrgh,” Maria huffed. “My mother was right, they’re all the same. Freaking idiots I swear,” She continued all the way into Liz’s room and stopped dead in her tracks when she caught sight of Liz.

“Oh chica, what’s wrong?” Maria asked walking over to Liz and placing her arms around her.

Liz may have stopped crying some time ago, but her disheveled look, flushed, tear stained cheeks, and blotchy complexion left no room to deny that something big happened and it wasn’t good.

Embracing Maria with all her might Liz tried her hardest not to fall into all her misery again. She didn’t cry, as much as she wanted to, but she held it together. “You’re right, they are freaking idiots,” Liz said as she pulled back.

Giving her friend a small smile she said, “So you heard that, huh? Sweetie, what’s wrong? Tell me,” Maria asked then, as she led Liz back to her bed to take a seat.

“I…I don’t want to think about it right now. Just tell me what’s wrong with you first okay,” Liz said trying her best to smile.

Seeing that Liz needed something else to focus on and feeling that she definitely had a lot to vent, especially when it came to Michael 'Commitment-phobe' Guerin, she agreed then told Liz what happened in the Crash.

“Can you believe him?! We’ve barely spoken to each other in weeks and he has the nerve to come up to me and act like everything is fine with his, ‘Hey what’s your deal? I thought we were cool?’ Maria said in her best Michael impression. “Ahhh, he just pisses me off, like he doesn’t have a clue why.”

“Maybe he doesn’t,” Liz interrupted.

That wasn’t what Maria wanted to hear, but she thought about it and said, “When we were doing… well whatever it was we were doing, it was good, you know. It was easy and I wasn’t looking for a relationship any more than he was. We were just having mutual… fun. But then I don’t know, I developed something for him and it’s not like I wanted him to be my boyfriend, because seriously, there are like a million hurdles there that I could get into, like his hair, lack of hygiene, personality and so on, there’s just something different about him. It’s like another level. What Michael and I shared, well, it's non-verbal. Michael is the type of person my mom likes to refer to as a vibrator…”

“A vibrator?” Liz questioned smiling for the first time since the Max fiasco. This is why she really needed Maria, too few would have been able to put a smile on her face today.

“You know what I mean. Someone who communicates by, you know, sending vibes out into the atmosphere,” she explained.

Laughing now, Liz asked, “And what kind of vibes was he sending you?”

“Vibes that are, you know… okay, oh, do you remember I told you about Billy Darden, my first kiss, and then Doug Sohn in the eighth grade?” at Liz’s nod Maria said, “amateur at best compared to Michael. Not for nothing, but that boy can kiss; still it was different. I can’t explain what I was feeling, but it felt… right. It felt right even when it felt wrong. At the beginning, when we had our first kiss it was good, but it was just a kiss and then after a while it became something else. It was like every cell in my body felt the same cell in his and started heating up. It was all really intense.

Is it like that with you and Max? I mean, not to compare Michael’s and my non- relationship to your guy’s, but was it something like that?” Maria just had to ask. She didn’t understand her feelings for Michael nor did she want to try, since he obviously didn’t feel anything real for her. She chalked it all up to a few months of heavy make-out sessions giving them an adrenalin rush that made her believe something could happen. She just wanted to know what the real thing was supposed to feel like, if she ever did get to feel it, and seeing Max and Liz together, she knew that was real. Anyone near them could feel it, more than see it.

Even though Liz didn’t want to talk about what just happened yet, she saw this as a good enough segway into the topic, “Yeah it was like that, but more. I get really dizzy. Did you get dizzy?”

“I get dizzy just thinking about it,” Maria confessed, but looking up at Liz’s face and the obvious hurt in her eyes she said, “Babe, are you sure you don’t want to talk about anything?"

“Max dumped me,” Liz spurted quickly.

“What?” Maria knew she had to have heard Liz wrong. She expected that they fought with how upset Liz was, and well, all relationships have their moments, but Max breaking up with Liz … that just seemed absurd.

“Honey, are you sure you heard him right?”

Upset that Maria would even ask that question, but understanding it anyway, Liz went on to explain what had been going on in her and Max’s relationship lately. She told Maria how he was pulling away and how when they went to talk that afternoon she finally thought things were going to be better. Liz explained that she believed Max was going to explain whatever he was hiding that was keeping him at a distance, but then he dropped the bomb. She explicated Max’s words and his final attempt to sway her off.

“He said he was an alien. Can you believe that? He actually tried to use that to get me to back off or whatever he was trying to do,” Liz finished angrily with a lone tear making it down her cheek.

Maria couldn’t really comprehend what was going through Max’s head, but she tried for both Max and Liz’s sakes. “Liz, maybe he was going for a metaphor, did you let him explain?”

“Maria, he said the words ‘I am an alien from another planet’. Those were his words Maria, no metaphor in sight. He was making fun of me while he was dumping me. Who does that? He was being so mean to me. He’s never been like that, that’s not my Max,” she finished no longer able to subside the tears. She’d cried so much today, she didn’t know how her tear ducts were producing the liquid fast enough.

“Oh, Liz, please don’t cry. Look, I may not know what Max was up to, but what I am getting is that you probably didn’t let him explain.” Maria waited for Liz’s nod before she continued. “Okay well, this is what I do know - I’m Teflon, babe. Michael starts acting like a total loser... I just walk away. There’s no real love lost there, but you and Max, ah … you guys have got that whole... look-into-my-eyes soul mate thing and it works for you two.

It makes you both happy. I see the way he looks at you. The little things he does for you show how much he cares. He’s probably going through something tough and doesn’t know how to put it into words, so he does the guy thing and becomes a complete imbecile for a little while. Even though I thought Max was above that,” Maria said with a roll of her eyes, “he is still a guy, and is allowed his small laps. So all that said, just give him some time to explain and I’m positive everything will turn out fine. You just have to talk to him, okay? Communication is key.” Maria finished letting out a long breath.

“You really think so,” at Maria’s 'what do you think' look Liz wiped her eyes, “Thank you, Maria. Just thank you. I needed that.” Liz embraced Maria tightly then said, “But I don’t think I can do that tonight. I’m just too… too wound up and if things don’t go as planned...”

“They will,” Maria tried.

“Yeah, but if he really still wants to break it off or something, I just can’t deal with that tonight, so do you think I can stay at your place?”

Smiling and saying, “As if you even had to ask,” the two girls laughed and went to prepare a night bag for Liz.

“I just have to call my mom and tell her, but I’m sure it’s fine. We’ll do like a girl’s night over ice cream and junk food,” Liz said already planning her night trying to push thoughts of Max far behind her for a few hours.

“Oh, a girl’s night plus Alex, he was supposed to be here by now. We were actually going to hang at my place after work and watch a few movies. He was going to come by after my shift. He should be downstairs.”

“Oh good, I needed my Alex fix for tonight,” Liz said laughing already seeing her mood improving.

“Hey don’t let Max hear you say that, you may really break-up after that,” Maria joked, but seeing Liz’s laughter turn to a frown she amended, “Okay definitely too early to joke.”

“No it’s not that, it’s just…are you sure? Does he really, I don’t know, do you think he really wants to break up?” Liz asked insecurely.

“Liz, think about it. Did he just let you leave all mad like you were? That doesn’t sound like him. What was the last thing he said to you before you came back home?”

Thinking back to earlier that afternoon she said, “He said, ‘Just trust me. Believe in me and in us and I promise I’ll explain tomorrow,’ and then I ran home.” With a renewed sense of hope Liz said, “Yeah, yeah of course, you’re right, you’re so right. He’s just going through something and everything will be fine tomorrow. Let’s go get Alex.” Hopping off the bed both girls laughed their way down to the Crash Down planning the night’s events.

TBC...
Last edited by behrluv32 on Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
My Stories:
Pen Pals
Never Let You Go
Our Normal
Reunited