My So-Called Life (Teen, CC, M/L) A/N 10/19/06[WIP]

This is the place where fics that have not been updated in the past three months will be moved until the author asks a mod to move them back to an active board.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, truelovepooh, Forum Moderators

Tinkerbell_Luvs_Roswell
Enthusiastic Roswellian

My So-Called Life (Teen, CC, M/L) A/N 10/19/06[WIP]

Post by Tinkerbell_Luvs_Roswell »

<center>Image</center>

<center>Banner by MrsJBehr</center>

Author: Jill
Disclaimer: I do not own Roswell or any of the characters. I also do not own My So Called Life and have no association to either shows.
Pairing: CC mainly M/L
Rating: Teen
Summary: Liz moves to Roswell her senior year and meets the Roswell Gang.

<center> Chapter One</center><center>The Beginning</center>

Hi, my name is Elizabeth Parker and this is the story of my life. Ok ay not exactly my life, but at least my twelfth grade year in high school. Yep, you heard me right. High school. That vicious, cruel and downright intolerable place and even though you say you hate it with a passion a part of you loves it and never wants to leave.

Well that’s what happened to me when I moved to Roswell my senior year. I met a group of people who would forever change my life. Their adventures became mine and now I am giving you the story of that adventure. Let me tell you it wasn’t an easy year. It was a year filled with all sorts of drama. So with out further ado, here is the beginning of my adventure.

It all started when my parents died two months before the beginning of my 12th grade year. They were so great and so full of life and just the parents every kid wishes for. Well they died in a car accident after a drunk driver hit their car. So after their death I was handed over to my grandmother. Claudia Parker, a very nice and fun lady whom I love to death (not literally of course), reminds me a lot of myself. She allowed me to stay the last two months in Florida before school started to be with my friends. My friend Rachel’s dad was nice enough to drive me to my grandmothers. Where does she live you ask? Well get this she lives in that crazy little town known as Roswell, New Mexico. You know that town that believes aliens crashed in 1947 and now live among them. Ha, yeah right like that would ever happen. Anyways, I drove out to my grandma. My stuff had already been shipped out there. Why? Oh that would be so I could have my car that I absolute love. It’s a white mustang convertible and I got it for my 16th birthday. So as I was saying when I got there it was a late Sunday night, and I would be starting school the following morning. See my grandma had already registered me, and everything was already set. This is where my life gets really interesting…

Beep, Beep, Beep

My hand reaches out from the covers, and shuts off the alarm. I sit up quickly, and I am little disoriented about where I am before I realize I am in my new room. I take a look around my room which is scattered with boxes yet to be unpacked. Some clothes are thrown in the closet while others are in my suitcase waiting to be unpacked. My king size bed takes up most of the space leaving me space for my desk, bookcase, dresser, and nightstand. It is quite nice, with my own bathroom and private balcony. The balcony is awesome. It gives me a great view of the sky. I can’t wait to get my telescope out there and explore the night sky. I shake away my thoughts before I get up, and start getting ready for school.

It’s about 7 o'clock when I am finally ready, and school starts at 7:30. I look myself over in the mirror unsure of my outfit. I mean, what is considered the “in style” thing to wear here. In Florida it not a probably. I was one of the most popular girls in school. I knew the do’s and don’ts of fashion there. Here I am clueless. I do a little twirl before deciding it the best it will be before grabbing my backpack and jetting out the door.

“Hey grams,” I say walking into the kitchen where she is making breakfast.

“Lizzie-bear! You startled me,” Claudia answers after jumping a half mile.

“Sorry I didn’t mean to,” I tell her before taking a seat at the kitchen island. She passes me some pancakes, and I drench them in syrup. My mouth makes a little groan when I put the pancakes in my mouth. They're my favorite, especially since she makes them with strawberries.

“Oh no sweetie, it’s quite alright. I'm just not use to having anyone else in the house, that’s all. So you look very cute,” she says looking at knee length white capri pants, an orange tee, and white platform sandals.

“You are going to make all the boys at West Roswell swoon over you.”

“Grandma!” I say embarrassed. I am sure my cheeks are flaming red. Great. This is just what I need- my grandmother telling me how hot I look. What is she going to do next tell she knows a family that has a really great son! Please God don’t let it come to that.

“What can’t your Grams make an observation? Now finish your breakfast, so you can get on your way.”

So that’s my grandmother. Kind, sweet, loving, caring, and well you get the idea. She is everything a girl wants in a grandma. As I was saying earlier she lives in Roswell the alien capital of the world, and get this she owns her very own alien theme restaurant called The Crashdown Café. It’s really cheesy with alien stuff everywhere. The waitresses wear this teal dress with a silver alien head apron, and bobbing antennas. Fun, huh! Well speaking of waitresses. Yep, that’s right you guessed it! I am going to be one. See I need a job, and since my grandmother owns the place it kind of solves a whole lot of problems. So I am now introducing you to Liz Parker, alien waitress. Ok, so let’s get on with this story...

Thank you to bluebballjumper for going through and revising it!
Last edited by Tinkerbell_Luvs_Roswell on Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:18 pm, edited 35 times in total.
Tinkerbell_Luvs_Roswell
Enthusiastic Roswellian

My So Called Life (Teen, CC, M/L) Chapter Three 02/23/06

Hey guys,
so I got this up a day late, but never less it's up. For those of you who have read this story before I just wanted you to know that it's similar chapter but I add and revised alot so in a sense it's totally different. Anyways hope you enjoy and I'll see you Tuesday.
<center>Jill</center>

L-J-L 76- Glad you like it. Liz will meet some of the Roswell gang now.How sje gets involved comes at about chapter eight or nine. Will Max and Liz become a couple you will have to wait and see. As for the rest of the gang excepting Liz you'll one member and how they kind of feel now and the rest later on. Enjoy! Thanks for the feedback.
RASaero611- Well I loved that you loved it. Enjoy!
Erina- Well here you go my next post.
behrsgirl77- Tanya, don't know if your lurkin but if you are thanks for your help last night.

Lurkers- Thanks for stopping in and reading

<center>Chapter 2</center><center>The First Day of School</center>

<center>Rollin' down the highway
Like a rocket
Headed to town now
You can't stop it
Got wheel in my hand
As I stand
On the floor
Of the board
Of this car
On the road
</center>

I turn down the radio as I pull up to West Roswell High School. The school was a lot smaller then my old school in Florida, but Roswell was also a smaller town as well. I feel my nerves begin to creep up on me causing my stomach to churn. I know the nervousness is due to the unknown world I am about to enter into. Will I fit in here? Will I make good friends? Will I make any friends? Will I like it here? These questions plague my mind as I turn into the school parking lot.

<center>Got this woman in the back seat
Yeah she's my wifey
In the middle of the delivery
Man she saves me
To this day I don't know why
She picked me up
When I was down on the road
With the wind when it blowed
</center>

The lot is already full and it takes me awhile until I am able to find a parking spot. I come across a parking spot about a hundred feet ahead of me. I pull in turn my car off and begin to gather my things. I decide to leave my top down not afraid that it is going to rain or that it will get stolen. I climb out of the car just as a car starts honking at me. I turn around to see the dreamiest guy I have ever seen in my life. He has dark hair, dark eyes and a very nice body. He is sitting in an old jeep that looks ready to breakdown.

<center>Well a son's gonna rise in a mile
In a mile
In a mile
You'll be feeling fine
In a mile you will see
After me
You'll be out of the dark, yeah
You'll get your shot
</center>

“That’s my spot” he yells in a very dreamy voice.

What do I do? What do I do? Oh my God he is dreamy.

“Uh I don’t see your name on it” I yell back to him. Why is he so upset about it it’s just a parking space. Hey he might be dreamy, but I am not about to move now.

“Well I have parked in that spot for the past two years now!” he shouts at me

“Well I guess you are going to have to find a new spot!” Yes, score one for Parker dreamy guy. I see his jaw clench together for a second before finally yelling back.

“Fine!” he yells and drives off

“Great my first day and I’m already getting in a fight over a parking space.” I mutter under my breath. Why didn’t I just give him the spot? I could have easily pulled out and given him the spot. He would have thank me giving me a reason to talk to him. Then again his name was not on the spot. So he will just have to find a new spot.

Like a rocket
Headed to town now
You can't stop it
Got wheel in my hand
As I stand
On the floor
Of the board
Of this car
On the road
</center>

I walk through the front doors into a long hall way. Students are scattered everywhere. There is a group of jocks just to my left making a really loud commotion making students turn and look at them. There is a few couples making out in the hall and students are putting stuff in there locker while getting reacquainted with the students they haven’t seen since last May. Students brushed past me as I continue to walk down the hall taking in the surrounding environment. It was a lot different then my old school, but at the same time was very similar.

<center>
Got this woman in the back seat
Yeah she's my wifey
Man she saves me
She picked me up
</center>

“Excuse me” I say to the guy walking by me, but he just keeps on walking.

“Can you tell me…?” I begin to ask another guy, but he just turns and looks at me before turning back around and walking off.

“Tell me where the office is?” I ask in a whisper to myself. I tighten my grip on my backpack straps my stomach turning into larger knots then they already are. I feel my anxiety start to peak and I think my eyes are even starting to water.

The bell rings above my head signaling the beginning of first period. I am still wandering down the hall unsure of where to go. The slamming of a locker startles me out of my stupor and I end up running into something hard. I look up to see a guy with long hair and a scowl on his face staring down at me. A very good looking guy I might add.

In a mile
In a mile
You'll be feeling fine
In a mile you will see
After me
You'll get your shot
</center>

“Watch it!” he barks at me. With a very bad attitude, figures.

“I am so sorry. I didn’t see you?” I tell him. Today is just not my day first the guy with the parking space now this. Way to make friends.

“I am new. Do you think you could point me in the direction of the office?” I go on to ask before he can get away.

“Down the hall, when you get to the end turn right and it will be on the left.” he tells me before he starts leaving.

“Thanks!” I yell after him.

“Yeah, Whatever.” I hear him say just as he leaves the hallway.

“Welcome to Roswell, Liz” I say before turning and head in the direction the guy pointed me to.

Like a rocket
Headed to town now
You can't stop it
Got wheel in my hand
As I stand
On the floor
Of the board
Of this car
On the road
</center>

I walk into the office to see a middle age women sitting at the front counter. She is sipping here coffee while she reads the latest edition of what looks like Star Magazine.

“Hi I’m Elizabeth Parker. I’m new here and I was told I could pick up my schedule here.” I say to her startling her and causing her to spill a little bit of her coffee on her. She wipes at it before finally given into the fact that there will be a small stain there. She sighs deeply before turning on me with a large smile.

“Oh yes we were told to expect you. I actually just got off the phone with your Grandmother Claudia a few minutes ago. What an amazing lady she is and I am so sorry about your parents.” said the bubbly women. I glance down at my shoes willing the tears away before glancing back up at her.

“Oh yes, I am Miss Johnson and I’m the secretary. Um here is your schedule and if you would um take a seat for a few minutes we will have some show you around school.” She says pointing to the chair.

<center>Got this woman in the back seat
Yeah she's my wifey
Man she saves me
She picked me up
</center>

So I sit and wait. About five minutes or so later a tall blonde that looks like she just walk off the runway walks in. She is tall 5’10 maybe 5’11. Wearing hip-huger jeans and a black tank top she looks like perfection. So that’s my competition at this school. Dang I wish I was that tall. What is it with this school? Roswell has more beautiful people walking around then Hollywood.

“Morning Miss Johnson” the blonde model says

“Isabel, it’s a pleasure to have you back. We have a new student over there and if you would be so kind to show her around?” Miss Johnson ask her well pointing in my direction. Isabel turns and smiles at me before turning back to Miss Johnson.

“Of course I would Miss Johnson” the blonde Isabel tells her before turning and walking over to me.

In a mile
In a mile
You'll be feeling fine
In a mile you will see
After me
You'll get your shot
</center>

“Hi I’m Isabel Evans...........”

~Isabel~

Yep that’s me. Let me take it from here Liz. Ok? OK.

So hi I am Isabel Evans lived in Roswell since the age of six when I was adopted along with my twin brother by our parents Phillip and Diane Evans. There the ones that found us that night. Well anyways. So here I am a senior at West Roswell. Former Homecoming Queen, Junior Prom Princess, on the Prom Committee, yearbook staff, photography club, Sunshine Committee, National Honors Society, and well you get the point.

Some people call me the Ice Queen and I guess to some people I am. I mean I can’t help it, it just sort of happens. When I am with my friends though they would never dream to think that because they know what really going on. Anyways I’m single. I date casually never seriously but there is one guy who has peak my interest and I am not sure where it’s heading so once I find out I will let you know. I promise.

So here I am about to show the new girl around. The girl that’s about to become... Well you’ll see......

“Uh hi I’m Elizabeth Parker but you can call me Liz” the girl says while extending her hand. I look her up and down before sticking out my hand to give hers a shake. She is really pretty and she seems to have a great fashion sense. Oh right I’m a huge fashion person. Love fashion and hope to be in the biz later on in life.

“Liz Parker it’s nice to meet you” I tell her with a genuine smile which is weird because normally I hate to show new kids around. They expect you to become their best friend, but you see I just can’t allow that and I really can’t explain why. Liz seems different though she has this aura about her that I can’t quite explain. I have a feeling that we are going to be great friends one day.

“Nice to meet you to, Isabel.”

“While why don’t I show you around school?”

Yeah um that would be great.” she says giving me a nervous smile

We head out of the office and I begin my tour. “Ok so welcome to West Roswell. Home of the Comets. We have a great school and everything you would expect. Do you mind if I see your schedule?” I ask

She hands over her schedule and I begin to read over it.

“Ok so first you have AP Biology followed by AP Government then Honor's English, photograph, calculus and honors Spanish. You have English and Spanish with me and you will have B lunch. So that is after English and before photography.”

We end up stopping in front of a class in the science wing. “So here is your first period and home room.” Now right down this way....”

I go around showing her all of her classes. I give her the ins and outs of this school and I would know them I use to run this school and still do on occasions. Like if a guy ever ask her to the eraser room it’s not to clean erasers.

“So Liz, do you do any after school activities?” I ask as we walk around. We are currently heading to the cafeteria and the library. She has been fairly shy since I started the tour. I understand it’s hard to start at a new school and especially when you don’t know anyone.
“I was the president of the biology club and I was in the photograph club. Other then that not really.” She goes on to tell me

“Biology that’s cool. I must admit it’s not my strong suit but my brother is good at it. I am better at English and I’m in the photography club here. You should defiantly join it’s a blast.”

“Yeah, I will defiantly take that inconsideration.”

“Cool! So here is the Cafeteria and across the hall is the Library.” She nods her head at me and looks into the library before turning back to me.

“So this is the school?” she says as she looks around. I can sense the uneasiness she is feeling. I feel the need to ease that uneasiness.

“Yeah I know it’s nothing exciting, but it grows on you. You’ll like it, I promise.” I give her a confident smile knowing she will be fine. She sweet, obviously smart and pretty; she’ll do just fine. “Let me get you back to your class before you miss all of it.”

“Okay thanks Isabel.” She says. I give her a nod telling her I am welcome before turning and heading to her first period.

“Here’s your fist again”

“Thanks again for everything Isabel”

“Oh your welcome and I’ll see you in third” I tell her as I wave good bye and walk back to the front office....

~Liz~

Ok so I’m back. Yep it’s me Liz Parker. Anyways I left off at meeting Isabel. She seems to be a really great gal. I mean she was extremely nice consider she is so tall and beautiful. Not exactly what you expect. She showed me around school and was beyond sweet. I defiantly could see myself becoming friends with a one Isabel Evans, so we are just getting to the good stuff. Isabel has just dropped me off at my first period. Which by the way has already begun and now I have to go in. So here I go....

P.S. The Song is called Son's Gonna Rise by Citzen Cope
Last edited by Tinkerbell_Luvs_Roswell on Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:46 am, edited 5 times in total.
Tinkerbell_Luvs_Roswell
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Hey guys the new chapter is here. I don't when chapter four will be up. I have it rewrote, but I still need to type it and have my beta edit it. On top of that I have english paper due and two test to study for. So I cross my fingers it will be upnext week but no promises.

When you see Liz or another characters name in between ~ these that means you are changing to someone elses view. Enjoy and thanks to my beta littleroswell

<center>Jill</center>

<center>Chapter Three</center><center>Hello, Mr. Dreamy</center>

~Liz~

Ok so I’m back. Yep it’s me Liz Parker. Anyways I left off at meeting Isabel. She seems to be a really great gal. I mean she was extremely nice consider she is so tall and beautiful. Not exactly what you expect. She showed me around school and was beyond sweet. I defiantly could see myself becoming friends with a one Isabel Evans, so we are just getting to the good stuff. Isabel has just dropped me off at my first period. Which by the way has already begun and now I have to go in. So here I go....

I walk into the classroom, and it immediately silences. This is the part I hate about being new. I can feel all of their eyes on me. Their staring is making me very uneasy and I am like two seconds away from walking out the door.

“Can I help you?” a man with round glasses ask me. Whom I can only assume is the teacher. He is a thin, short man. He looks like he is in early forties. With my head down I walk over to him.

“Uh, yeah, I’m in this class,” I say nervously. I bite my lip as I hand him my schedule. He glances over it before turning his attention to me.

“Welcome, Miss Parker,” he says as he hands me back my schedule. “I am Mr. Hardy and this is AP Bio. You have an assigned lab partner and an assigned desk. That person will be your partner for the rest of the year.” I nod my head to him before he turns and looks at a piece of paper on his desk.

“Your partner is Mr. Evans,” he tells me before looking around the class. “Mr. Evans, could you please raise your hand so Miss Parker may come join you?”

I look over the classroom and towards the back of the room I see Mr. Evans. The guy I stole the parking spot from this morning. Great, just great, of all people to be stuck with I get stuck with Mr. Dreamy. This is lovely! I stole his parking space and now I am his lab partner. Karma really knows how to get me. At least he is really hot, so if he doesn’t like me at least he’s nice to look at.

“Ok, so please sit down so I can finish class,” Mr. Hardy tells me.

I do as I am told and walk over to Mr. Evans. I totally give him a once over; I mean what can I say he is one hot guy. His dark jeans fit him just right. They’re a little snug, but not too tight. He is wearing an olive green shirt that molds his body to perfection. His hair is cut short, and he has a few bangs that sweep across his forehead. He has kissable lips and oh my God his eyes! I have never seen such gorgeous eyes ever. They are a very unique color of amber and have little specks of gold in them. I reach my seat and I take it, and Mr. Evans turns to me and says...

“Hi, I’m Max Evans, and I’m sorry about this morning,” he says sticking out his hand. It’s just then I make the connection, Max Evans as in Isabel Evans’ brother. She mentioned she had a brother, but she never said he was the same age or anything. Or that he was so gorgeous.

“Liz Parker,” I say taking Max’s hand. He touches my hand and I get shivers up my arm. That has never happen to me before. I glance up at Max to see if he felt the same thing, but he is staring at me with a blank look and glossed over eyes.

“Max?” I say to him trying to get his attention, but nothing happens. I pull at my hand, but his grip is to too strong.

“Max?” I say again. This time I am able to break him out of the spell he was in.

“Huh, what?” he says startled.

“I was wondering if I could have my hand back,” I tell him. He looks down at my hand before looking back at my face. He blushes deeply before letting go of my hand, and whispering a sorry. It’s ok Max Evans the……

~Max~

Ok, so I figured that it’s only proper to introduce myself, Max Evans. So you can really get to know me.

I am a senior here at West Roswell. I’m a straight A student, quarterback of the football team, and captain of the basketball team. I’m popular, but I don’t let it get to my head. Just act like an everyday person. So I’m a little shy and a little predictable, and I never get myself in a predicament where I am uncomfortable. See I have a few secrets and personal demons that I don’t want others to find out about.

Unlike my sister, Isabel Evens, I rarely date. Ooh you already met my sister Isabel. Yep that’s my sister. We are really close. I mean who wouldn’t be close? If you were six and you and your sister were found in the middle of the desert, naked and alone; you guys would be close too. Why were Isabel and me in the desert? Well you see I’m sort of.... Sorry, have to go; it’s the end of class.

“Well it was nice to meet you,” Liz says getting ready to leave.

I just look at her for a second. I’m just awestruck by her beauty. Since I first laid eyes on her this morning I couldn’t get her out of my head. She is beautiful, breathtaking, stunning, and gorgeous. You name it, and she is it. She has a cute pair of white pants on that fit her body perfectly and show her butt off nicely. She has on an orange tee shirt that makes her skin look like honey. Her eyes are big and brown, giving away every emotion she is feeling. Her lips are pink, full, and plump making me want to suck on them. It’s her hair, though, that is totally turning me on. It’s long, and brown, and looks soft and silky. Whenever she leans forward, it covers her face like a brown curtain, and makes me want to run my fingers through it just to feel how soft it really is.

“Uh yeah, you too,” I tell her. She smiles sweetly before turning and leaving the class. I follow her with my eyes until she exits the classroom completely. Wow! Biology just got a whole lot hotter. It’s weird I have never been this attracted to a girl before; there’s something about her that I can’t quite put my finger on. I sigh deeply before heading to my next class.

~Liz~

So there you met Max Evans. He’s cute huh? Cute! What am I saying? He’s down right sexy with a dreamy voice, dreamy smile and a dreamy body. So you see he’s just dreamy. We’ll talk later about him. Ok?
Last edited by Tinkerbell_Luvs_Roswell on Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
Tinkerbell_Luvs_Roswell
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Hey Guys, I am back with part four. Yeah I know it took forever,but hey I finally got it to you. Enjoy!!

Thanks to:
Erina
g7silvers
RASaero611
L-J-L 76: Hope to answer some of your questions in this chapter!
Lurkers
To my beta littleroswell: Thanks for all your help!

<center>Chapter Four</center>
<center>Meet the Gang</center>

“Liz, why don’t you come have lunch with my friends and me today?” Isabel asked me.

English class has just finished and I now have lunch. I hesitate at first not unsure, not that I don’t like Isabel; it’s just that I don’t really want to become bombarded about my move here. On the upside, I won’t have to spend lunch sitting by myself at a table or in the library like a loser. My lip slips between my teeth and Isabel looks at my expectantly. She is looking at me waiting for me to reply.

“Um, okay,” I finally say. Isabel smiles at me before turning around and exiting the classroom.

“Great! Let’s go; I am starving. Just a recommendation, the food in the cafeteria is seriously lacking. I would bring your own lunch if you can. Most of the time, Maria brings food from the Crash for the whole gang or we head to a little taco place right outside of town,” she goes on to tell me as we make our way to the quad, which is right outside the cafeteria. The sun is bright when we get outside, causing me to squint at the brightness. The temperature is warm, and I am happy with my decision over what I was wearing.

I follow Isabel as we pass a table full of jocks. They make cat calls at us as we walk by, making me uneasy, but Isabel doesn’t seem to notice and just keeps on walking by. Next, we walk past the cheerleader’s table where immediately I can hear their whispers and giggles as they judge me when I walk by. God, I hate cheerleaders!

I keep my head up and continue to follow Isabel. We finally arrive at a tree that six other people are sitting around it. They glance up when they see our shadows. They don’t move or make a sound; they all just stare at me. I notice Max is sitting next to a pretty blonde with bouncy curls and crystal blue eyes, and my face falls a little.

“Hey guys, this is Liz! She’s new,” Isabel says with a peppy smile. Nobody says anything, causing me to look up from the grass that I was currently staring at. When I glance up, I catch Max’s eyes and barely hold the gasp that was threatening to escape my mouth. Max eyes were slow pulling me and I felt as if I was on cloud nine. Everything else faded around me and all I see is Max. It wasn’t until a male voice saying Isabel’s name that I was able to escape Max’s eyes.

I finally take a good look at the group around me. Sitting next to Max is a tall lanky guy with shaggy hair. He is wearing a red, short sleeved button up shirt, cargo pants and vans. Defiantly not the kind of guy I saw Isabel hanging out with. If there was anyone with more different style then Isabel, it was the girl sitting next to the lanky guy. She was wearing bright red pants and an even brighter orange shirt to go with it. She had long, dirty blonde hair, vibrant green eyes, and her lips were full with bright red lipstick. Her lips were as red as her pants and you defiantly could not miss her. She was leaning against the guy who gave me directions this morning to the office. The same good looking guy from this morning, and he has the same bad attitude as this morning. Sitting next to the blonde with bouncy blonde curls was a guy with light brown hair and a letter jacket.
“Isabel, can I have a word with you?” Mr. Bad attitude asks her.

“No, Michael, there is nothing to discuss,” Isabel says back to him.

“Isabel, there is a lot to discuss,” he says back. Everyone is staring between Isabel, Michael, and me. I suddenly get the feeling that the rest of the group does not want me here. I was stepping over an invisible boundary; the tension was unbearable and I had to get away.

“Hey, Isabel, it’s not that big of a deal. I have to get to the library to get some things anyways.” Isabel looks at me and then back to the group before turning her attention on me once more with a huge smile.

“Don’t be silly, Liz. You are more then welcome to join us. Right guys?” she says fixing them with a glare. No one says anything, and I begin to turn, and leave, but someone catches my arm. I glance down see a hand on my arm. The grip is light and causing my skin to tingle. I follow the hand up my arm all the way until I meet Max’s piercing stare. My breath hitches and my heart starts beating erratically. This has never happen to me before. I wonder if the butterflies that are fluttering in my stomach are also fluttering in his.

“Isabel is right; you should stay and eat lunch with us, Liz,” he says with a smile. I shiver when he says my name. When he said my name, it was the most beautiful thing I have ever heard. It was light and airy and I barely heard it, but I did because it caused my stomach to do somersaults.

“Here take a seat,” he says taking his hand off my arm and taking a step back. I squelch my feelings of disappointment when he does this. I follow his lead, sitting down with Isabel coming up beside me and doing the same.

“So Liz, where you from?” the tall, lanky guy asks me after a couple minutes, breaking the silence that fell on the group.

“Uh, I moved from Florida to live with my grandma. She owns the Crashdown Café,” I tell them, the awkwardness still very obvious, and I must say this is the most uncomfortable lunch I have ever had.

“Mrs. P that’s great. She’s awesome!” says the blonde with long hair and candy apple red lips.

“Uh, thanks...” What’s her name? I have no clue, um! What do I do?

“Maria Deluca,” she says with a huge smile and putting out her hand to shake. I give her hand a small shake.

“Nice to meet you, Maria,” I say really liking her forwardness. She reminds me of Rachel.

“And that’s Alex,” she says pointing to the tall lanky guy.

“Tess,” she says pointing to the blonde sitting next to Max.

“Kyle.” Pointing to the guy with brown hair and the letter jacket sitting next to Tess.

“Michael,” she tells me introducing me to my little friend from the hall. “And that’s Max,” she says. She gives me a big grin and I can’t help the small smile that appears on my face.

“We’ve met already,” Max says speaking up. “We have AP Bio and Government together.” I look at him and he is giving me a weird look that causes me to blush for unknown reasons.

“So tell me about your self, Liz,” the girl Tess asks me.

“Um well.........

~

Okay, so it is my turn to introduce myself.

No, wait it’s my turn.

Alex, please they want to hear about me.

Yeah, like they want to hear about you Maria!

Hey, I resent that!

Okay, look I have a solution.

Yes?

We can take turns. Is that not fair, Maria?

Fine, but I go first.

Fine!

Okay, so like I was saying before I was rudely interrupted. I am Maria DeLuca. I have lived all my life here in Roswell. Raised by my single mother, Amy Deluca, I’m a senior here, get good grades, work at the Crashdown, and....

Okay my turn! Alex Whitman here at your service, I have also lived here all my life like my best friend Maria. I am also a senior, but I do not work at the Crashdown Café. I’m a computer geek. I am in a band called the Whits and Maria is my lead singer. Yep, that’s me and proud of it! I am a good student a good fri...

Okay, enough with Alex, back to me. So, I am also a good friend. Oh, and a very good girlfriend. That’s right I’m girlfriend to Spaceboy. Michael Guerin. We have dated for a year now, and I am totally in...

Okay enough, enough my turn.

Wait, Alex, I wasn’t finished.

Well, you are now! It is my turn to talk.

Why? So, you can bore us about how you are head over heels for Isabel!

Ssh, that’s private information!

Ooh yeah right I forgot.

Yeah, well maybe I will forget about how I promised not to ever bring up the time in seventh grade when you thought you were pregnant because Tommy Jones kissed you on the cheek.

Hey, you promised!

You promised!

I didn’t mean to bring up Isabel. It was an accident.

Well, so was this.

No it wasn’t!

Yes it was!

No it wasn’t!

It was too!

Alright enough! I am here to save you from those two; Michael Guerin speaking. Not much to say about me. I was adopted around the age of seven after spending a year in child services. Hank Guerin adopted me and at the age of 16, I got emancipated because of abuse and couldn’t take living with him anymore. I like art, to draw or paint what I am feeling. I work at the Crashdown as a cook. I date Maria and my best friend is Maxwell. I never get close to people. Why you ask? Well, I would tell you, but see I don’t trust you. So therefore, it is none of your business

Alright Stonewall Guerin, I believe we have heard enough. You are now speaking to the lovely and charming Tess Harding. I moved to Roswell about 3 years ago with my guardian and protector Ed Harding. He has raised me since, well, since forever. Like all the others, I’m in the twelfth grade and I am also a cheerleader. I use to date Max before we decided we were better off friends. My best friend is Kyle Valenti; who I now live with. Why do I live with Kyle? Well that’s because Ed, my guardian is always away on a... um a ... business, yea business. So, the Sheriff who is also Kyle’s dad offered me to live with them. Also I should probably tell you I sort of have this uh; I guess you would call it a crush on Kyle. I know, I know shocking, huh? Now, I trust you not to tell anyone. Promise? So, now that you know all about me, why don’t I hand this over to Kyle?

Thanks, Tess, for the introduction. I am Kyle Valenti. Lived in Roswell my whole life; my father is the Sheriff of the town, and my grandfather use to be. I’m the captain of the wrestling team and a star player of the football and basketball team. My best friend is Tess, and just to inform all the ladies out there I am single. Also, I study Buddhism. See some stuff happened and I had to rethink my life. See I realized it could be over at anytime, and over the summer at football camp I kind off got into it. Buddha has defiantly enlightened me to be a better person.

~

“Um, well I just moved here from Florida to live with my grams. I am a senior and I hope to get into Harvard,” I tell them. I still am a little uneasy sitting here. I feel like I am the eighth wheel or something, but maybe it’s just my imagination.

“Harvard, huh?” Alex says impressed. I must say that he is nothing like I thought he would be like, but now I see why Isabel likes him. I know this because I see the looks she has been giving him since we sat down. I don’t think Alex notices though.

“Yeah, I want to study microbiology and I hope to work with Dr. Holtz,” I tell them a little embarrassed with my geeky science dream.

“Dr. Holtz?” Max asks me. I don’t dare to look at him, afraid that I might get sucked up into his eyes again. I defiantly do not want to do anything embarrassing in front of him, or his sister and friends.

“She is this big professor at Harvard, and is the head of their research program. Her discoveries in microbiology have been amazing!”

“Wow! That sounds pretty cool,” Isabel tells me brightly. I must hand it to Isabel; she is really trying to make me feel welcome and I must say I appreciate her for it. The tension is still there, but I know that without Isabel here it would have been unbearable.

“Yeah, for a geek,” Michael grunts out. All eyes turn and look at him. Everyone, including me is shocked by his statement. Sure, I am a geek, but to here it to my face is a little embarrassing. I feel my cheeks redden and I lower my head for a second. I glance back up, just in time to see Maria smacking Michael upside the head.

“Michael!” she yells.

“Ow, shit, Maria! What?” he says rubbing his head where she had just hit him.

“How can you be so mean?” she ask him. Her face showed that she was angry and when I say angry, I mean angry. I feel kind of bad because Michael was saying the truth. Sure he said it a little rudely, but he was defiantly telling the truth.

“You know, Maria, it is not a big deal. I mean he is right, I am this huge science geek but I have just always loved science,” I tell her.

“Fine, but that doesn’t mean you have to be a jerk,” Maria tells him before another awkward silence falls on us.

“So, what is there to do in this town?” I finely ask them after having built up my nerve to ask.

“Well, there is a movie theater, a bowling alley, a night club, a country bar and well that’s about it. The rest is all tourist stuff. You know the museum, the shops, and the restaurants,” Tess tells me rolling her eyes before taking a bite of her granny smith apple that she just poured sugar over.

“Wow, a whole lot of nothing,” I say with a sigh. I watch in fascination as Isabel pulls out a yogurt and pours at least six packs of sugar in it.

“Yeah, we hear you,” Alex says breaking my observation.

“I should’ve figured, I mean any town that believes in aliens has to be pretty boring. I mean couldn’t they have picked a more realistic theme?” They all look at me for a few seconds like they are unsure what to say to me. Now I am really confused; they can’t seriously believe in aliens.

“Uh, do you guys believe in, you know, aliens?” I ask.

“What are you serious? No, I mean only freaks believe in that stuff!” Isabel tells me with a nervous laugh. The awkward little silence falls over us once more. This whole meeting friend’s thing is a lot harder then I thought it was going to be.

“Why did you move to Roswell? I mean, it is your senior year. Why did you move?” Michael asks me in an interrogating voice. I look at him before glancing around at everyone else before focusing my attention on the ground. I knew this would come up, but I did know it would have this kind of effect on me. I feel my face pale a little bit and my stomach drops. I finally look up and take a deep breath.

“My, my parents died over the summer,” I tell them. I push past the lump in, my throat and continue. “It was either move here or with my aunt Katie who lives in Canada.”

“Liz, I am so sorry,” Isabel says next to me causing tears to prickle my eyes. I feel as I am going to suffocate from all of their eyes on me. I stand up quickly, startling Isabel.

“I…I really need to get to the library,” I say really fast, trying to get out of there before I start bawling like a baby.

“So, I am going to go. Thanks, and it was nice meeting you all,” I tell them before turning around and head for the first restroom I see. As I was leaving, I hear Isabel say “good job, Michael”, but that doesn’t stop me. I keep going, keeping my tears in until I am in the ladies’ bathroom away from prying eyes to deal with my lose myself.

~

So, there you go; that’s how I met the seven of them. Easy, huh? Yeah, I am rolling my eyes too. Well, becoming friends and being friends with them was defiantly a lot harder.
Tinkerbell_Luvs_Roswell
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Sorry guys don't have time for feedback to your feedback :( Thank you mlover25 for beta this chapter! :D

<center>Chapter Five</center><center>Mayo, Milkshakes, and Ice Cream</center>

Nothing else really happened the rest of the day at school. I have Calculus with Tess and Alex, which is pretty cool. So that was my first day at school. Now my first day at work is a whole other story. What happened you ask? Well here let me show you....

"Hey Liz, how was your first day?" Maria asks me as soon as I get downstairs. She is fixing her blonde hair in the mirror that is hanging in her locker.

"It was OK." I say shyly. After what at happened lunch I don’t really know where I stand with Isabel and her friends. They seem like they have a tight knit group and any other members are not welcome. Plus I did kind of flip out on them with one mention of my parents. My grams of course drop the bomb that she needed me to work tonight because one of her waitress called in sick. She also told me eccentric Maria, was the one who would be training me tonight. As my grams put it "she may be a little out there, but she is the best waitress I have."

The slamming of the back door startles me out of my thoughts. Before I get a chance to react Michael is pushing past me with a scowl on his face. He is wearing a black shirt with Metallica scrolled across it, baggy jeans, and an alien bandana on his head to keep his long shaggy hair back. I step back at the force of his push and I am momentarily stunned. My grams also mentioned that Mr. I Hate the World works here at the Crash as a cook as well. Obviously there was no way I was going to be able to escape him and his bad attitude.

"God, Michael." Maria hiss at his retreating form as he heads towards the grill. Maria turns her bright green eyes on me with a pissed of look on her face.

"Don’t worry about him, he is always like that. That’s why we call him Stonewall Guerin." Maria says while rolling her eyes.

"It’s OK." I say and head towards Maria’s locker and look at the mirror. I place my bobbling antennas on my head before pushing a loose hair that fell out of my pony tail behind my ear. I turn to Maria with a big smile.

"OK Liz, are you excited, you're about to feed the hungry people." Maria ask me cheerfully

"I guess, I’m as ready as I will ever be." I tell her as we walk out of the back room into the restaurant. I subconsciously pull down on my teal uniform before I look around the restaurant.

Even though it’s only five o’clock the restaurant is pretty full. At the counter is a couple of teenagers chatting away and being rather loud. Near the front of the restaurant there is an old couple in a booth and in another booth are two teenagers a boy and a girl about fifteen years old. A man just walked in and sat down at a table near the front he is talking rather loudly on a cell phone. At the back of the café a large group of jocks and cheerleaders are sitting at a couple of tables pulled together to fit their large party.

"OK so you will take this half of the restaurant," she says pointing to the front of the café. "and I will take this half. We will share the middle."

"OK," I say nodding my head.

"So, all you have to do is go and take there orders. Be polite even if it’s going to kill you and trust me sometimes it’s going to feel like it’s going to kill you. Anyways, the special is the men and black burger, orbit rings and a blood of an alien smoothie for 3.99. OK?" She says looking at me

"Um, okay." I say a little weak

"You’ll do fine, trust me." She tells me with a wink "Now, go help the man on the cell phone and make a counter clock wise pattern from there."

I nod my head at her before turning on shaky legs to the man on his cell phone. He sees me approach and I hear him tell whoever it is on the cell phone that he will call them back. I suck in a breath before finally getting the courage to speak. I stop at the table and smile brightly at him.

"Hi, my name is Liz, and I’ll be your waitress today. What can I get you today?" I ask him.

"I want a galaxy sub, no Mayo, and a bottle of water, Pellegrino preferably, three slices of lemon, and a side salad. I am in a hurry, so you need to get it to me as fast as possible." He tells me in a snotty voice. I hold in my need to sigh in frustration. Of course the first day of work I get stuck helping the jerk.

"OK," I say with my fake smile trying to be as polite as possible. "I will get it to you as soon as possible."

"Well go along then, I will be timing you to see how long it takes." He tells me before turning his attention back to his palm pilot.

I look at him for a second before shrugging and heading to the old couple sitting a booth. After taking their orders, and the teenagers orders I went ahead and placed them before working on the man’s drink and side salad. The Crashdown of course did not have Pellegrino, so the man was going to have to live with Deer Park water. Once his drink is prepared I begin to take care of my other customers orders. Reaching mindlessly for a glass behind me, I grab it, but before I get a good grip the glass slides from my hand and shatters on the floor.

The Crashdown goes silent and I feel everyone’s eyes on me. I feel myself beginning to turn bright red and I feel as if I might die from embarrassment. The next thing I know the jocks and cheerleaders begin clapping and whistle. My face turns even redder if it’s even possible. Maria rushes over to me worry evident on her face.

"Liz, are you all right?" Maria ask as she approaches me

"I... I am so, so sorry Maria. The glass just slipped out of my hand, I didn’t even have time to react." I tell her in a rush. Patrons in the restaurant still have their eyes on me and they are beginning to make me nervous.

"Nonsense." Maria said swatting my arm. "It was an accident. Now, while I clean this up. Why don’t you go give everyone their drinks?"

"OK" I say meekly before turning around and grabbing the tray with the other drinks on it. I keep my head down as I walk to the table, embarrassment still swimming around in me.

"Here, is your water, lemons, and salad, sir. I will get your galaxy sub to you as soon as you’re done with your salad. Do you need anything else?" He looks at the Deer Park water then back to me.

"No, Pellegrino?" He ask me in a disbelieving voice.

"No, I am sorry, sir. That is all we have." I tell him putting on my best fake smile.

"Figures!" He says under his breath before turning to his salad. I just stand there for a second before I see him wave his hand in a shooing motion not even look up at me. I nod my head in acknowledgment, before walking over to the old couple and give them there refills. I walk over get the two cokes Maria made me, take care of them and apologize a million times before I finally make is over to where Maria is stand against the counter.

"How’s it going?" she ask me

"OK" I say glancing at the clock. Only fourteen minutes has past since I first started. Wow, this is going to be one long night. We still have three hours, until we close.

"God, I hate her." I hear Maria say next to me.

"Hate who?" I can’t help, but ask. My curiosity gets the better of me.

"See, the blonde in the cheerleading uniform?" She ask me. I glance over at their table and roll my eyes before turning back to Maria.

"Maria, they are all blondes in cheerleading uniforms." I state giving her a look

"Oh yeah, right; well, do you see the one with the bad nose job, bleach blonde hair, and enough makeup on to be confused for a Vegas show girl?" She asks me.

My eyes bulge for a second and I have to hold back a laugh as I glance towards the table and am easily able to pick her out. I crack a smile because the way Maria described her was right on the dot. She really did have a lot of makeup on and...

Right then Michael rings the bell to inform me that my galaxy sub was ready. I grab the sub from the counter before heading over to give it to him. I set it down in front of him after clearing his salad plate that was now empty.

"Do you need anything else sir?"

"No, I am fine." I hear in the politest voice I have heard all night

"Aright, if you need anything just let me know."

"Wait, this has Mayo on it." He says taking the beard off the sandwich and holding it up for me to see.

"I specifically said I wanted no Mayo!" he yells at me

"I am so sorry sir. I will fix it right away." I tell him as I grab the plate. I feel completely stupid right now. I can’t believe I forgot he wanted no Mayo.

"No, forget it." He yells getting the attention of the rest of the café. Great, just great.

"I should have known not to stop in some cheap restaurant the middle of Hicksville!" He yells getting up and grabbing his briefcase.

"Here!" he says as he throws a ten at me. "This should be enough to cover the salad that I had." He tells me before storming out the door. I stand there in shock. I can’t believe the way the man acted just because of a little Mayo. I just stand there starring at the door and the ten in my hand looking like an idiot.

"Hey Liz!" Michael yells. I don’t answer him. I am into much shock at the moment.

"Liz!" He yells again. Oh My God! That is it!

"What?" I snap back losing my patience for Mr. Stonewall Guerin.

"Your orders, ready." He tells me with a growl before returning his attention to the grill

I walk over to the counter pick up my order before making my way over to the two teenagers table.

"Here you go." I say not even mustering a smile. This day has been one of the worst days I have ever had.

"Are you all right?" The boy asks me

"Yeah, I’m fine." I tell him giving him a smile to let him know I appreciate him asking. I turn and give the girl a smile. "If you guys need anything else please let me know."

I grab a bin from the back and begin to clear the tables in my section. I am frustrated and tired and can’t wait for this day to end. I can’t believe my grams roped me into working tonight. Well, actually I can because she knows I will do anything for her. I sigh to myself before picking up the bin with the dirty dishes. The next thing I know I am being pushed from behind and I lose my grip on the bin. Once again there is a loud crash as the bin falls to the floor and the dishes shatter across the floor. I turn around and come face to face with the cheerleader that Maria was talking about.

"Oops, sorry." She says in a fake high pitch voice. "I didn’t see you there." I roll my eyes. Yes because I am so hard to miss. I can’t help, but think to myself. I can see why Maria doesn’t like her. She begins to leave with her posse of cheerleaders following behind her. Before she is out the door she turns to me and with a grin.

"Welcome to Roswell, Liz."

~

Forty five minutes later I am still fuming over what happened with Amber Banks. Maria informed me who she was after the whole incident. Maria couldn’t believe the nerve of her and went on ranting about it for twenty minutes. I agreed. I couldn’t believe she would do that. On top of everything I have some blonde cheerleader trying to cause problems in my life. God, I hate cheerleaders!

"Hi, I am Liz and I’ll be your waitress today. What can I get you?" I ask a group of guys that came in a few minutes ago.

"Uh, yeah, I’ll take you." A guy with blonde hair and blue eyes tells me. Cute, but not my type. I am more of a brown hair and brown eyes kind of girl, and boy did I meet him today. He is just wow. I stop myself there before I go of in a tangent and these boys will never get there order.

"Well, I am not on the menu, but I can talk to my grandmother about putting me on." I say in a sweet voice and big smile.

The guys just stare at me for a moment before one of them speaks up. "We will just take four specials." I nod my head before leaving. I can feel their eyes on my butt all they way to the counter and I stifle a groan.

"OK" I say to the smoothie machine as I look at it and the directions that are taped to the machine. I grab a glass and prepare to make my first Blood of an Alien smoothie.

"Liz, wait!" I hear Maria call out, but it’s too late. I am already covered in blood of an alien smoothie.

"Oh Liz," she says rushing over to me "I am so sorry. I forgot to tell you the smoothie machine is broken. I am so sorry." She tells me I turn to look at her and the next thing I know Maria and everyone in the café is laughing at me.

I wipe smoothie out of my eyes and give Maria a small smile causing her to laugh even harder. My cheeks are flaming now, but I doubt anyone can notice with the pink smoothie covering them.

"I am just… going to… change." I tell Maria before running to the back to change. What have I got myself into?

~

It is now a little after eight o’clock and the café closes at eight thirty. I am sitting at the counter doing homework. Homework on the first day who would have thought; I guess that’s what I get for taking AP classes. I sigh for the fiftieth time tonight before glancing up from my book and looking around the café. I have one customer left as well as Maria, which is Max and all her friends and I get stuck with the lady with two kids who have been whining the whole time and are now crying for dessert.

I glance back to Maria and her friends and frown. They are all laughing at something Kyle is saying and not for the first time since they arrived I wish I would have gone sat with them. When they first got here ten minutes ago Isabel ask me to come sit with them, but one glance at Michael and the rest of the gang I knew it would be extremely awkward. So I politely refused, saying I had homework to do. It’s not that I don’t want to hang with Isabel or her friends, it’s just I get this weird feeling that they are on guard when I am around, like they are nervous or something. I don’t know maybe it’s all in my head.

My eyes travel to Max and I take in his appearance. Boy, to say that he was anything other then drop dead gorgeous would be a sin. When he came in I almost drop dead right there on the floor in the middle of the Crashdown. He came in wearing lose fitting jeans and a white tee shirt. His hair was damp and he must have just got out of the shower. He looked absolutely amazing. He gave me a small smile and I became a puddle of goo. I feel such a pull to him; I have never been this attracted to a guy in my life before.

I am pulled out of my thoughts when the lady I have been serving is standing in front of me. "Can I get you something?" I ask her

She nods her head, "Can you get my kids an ice cream cone; chocolate for both of them."

"Of course." I tell her before heading to make the kids ice cream.

"Here you two go." I say as a walk up and hand each of them their ice cream. The little girl takes the ice cream happily while the boy just looks at me then his mom and then the ice cream

"I don’t want ice cream." He says with a pout

"Well, you said you wanted dessert, and this is it or nothing." His mom tells him

"I don’t want it!" The boy tells his mom and then throws it and the chocolate ice cream lands right on my second uniform of the day. I watch it mortified as it slides down my uniform and plops on to the floor, splattering my shoes.

"Oh I am so sorry." The mom tells me before throwing some cash on the table, getting up and dragging her son and daughter out the restaurant.

Great! just frick’in great. What a way to end a perfectly horribly evening. I feel tears begin to prickle my eyes and I have to take a deep breath to keep my emotions in check. I grab the rag from the counter before turning and almost running right into Max causing me to jump.

"Oh you scared me. You shouldn’t sneak up on people like that."

"Sorry." I hear him mumble. I am not sure of what to say, so I just stand there and stare into his beautiful eyes. I am only brought out of my daze when I feel cold chocolate begin to run down my leg. I breakaway from our staring contest and begin to clean the ice cream on my uniform

"Do you need any help?" I hear him ask. I look up to see Max smiling down at me. I look around him to look at the table he was sitting at to see all his friends looking at us before looking back at Max. I instantly get sucked up again into his beautiful amber eyes. His eyes are beyond words. They are the window to his soul and every time I look in them I feel as if I am getting a glimpse into his soul.

"Um that would be great, Max." I finally tell him with a big goofy smile

So that was my first day at work. Awful, huh? Yeah I thought so too, but there was a brighter note. That the night I started having feelings for Max.
Tinkerbell_Luvs_Roswell
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Hey Guys thanks you all for the words of encouragement, it help me get this chapter out to you. I just started rewriting chapter seven so hopefully it will be up by next saturday. I would also like to say a special thanks to Lorastar for becoming my new beta and getting this chapter back to me so quick. Thank you all for reading. Jill

<center>Chapter Six
She Shoots and He Scores</center>

Well, I showed you my first day of work and my first day of school. So I am just going to skip you ahead to when things started heating up. It’s been two months now since my first day of high school here in Roswell and this whole week is Homecoming Week. Not much has happened since that first day. I hang out with Isabel and her friends at lunch and after school sometimes. Nothing really buddy, buddy.

See the thing I don’t understand is that they seem a little closed off when I am around; like they are on guard or something. And it makes me a little sad that they don’t feel comfortable enough with me to want to be my friend. I mean good friends. You know the ones that you tell everything and feel comfortable enough to be yourself with. I so want this to change. I want true friends. Is that too much to ask? No, it’s not, but I guess I will just have to take what I can get.

Anyway, I am currently at the mall shopping for a Homecoming dress. Thanks to working at the Crash, I no longer have to worry about money and can spend as much as I like on my Homecoming dress.

“How’s life in Palm Beach, Rach?” I smile when I hear her sigh into the phone loudly.

“Well, nothing really is going on here. Damon has still not asked me out, so life is the same as you left it two months ago….Oh wait, something interesting is going on. Jackie McAllister is pregnant.”

“What!” I screech, causing people to turn and look at me funny. My face burns in embarrassment before I focus on my conversation with Rachael.

“What?” I say a little quieter.

“Yeah, rumor is it’s Michael Grummets, but you know what a skank she is. So who really knows for sure.”

“Rach” I hiss in the phone before heading into Nordstrom’s.

“What? We both know it’s the truth, I am just staying it.” she tells me. “So, how’s it going? You boink Max yet?”

“Oh My God! I can’t believe you just said that.” I tell her

“Ok…fine, but have you?”

“No…ok, no. Max and I are barely even friends.”

“Still getting the cold shoulder I see.” she tells me in matter of fact way.

“Rach, it’s not like that. They just…I don’t know it’s just frustrating. Ok, they're nice to me, with the exception of Michael. Max is nice to me and yes I like him, but…”

“But what?” I hear her ask, curiosity getting the best of her.

“I don’t know what.” I say in a frustrated sigh.

Max, what can I say about him? The way I feel when I am with him, it’s amazing. I feel like I am on cloud nine and I never want to leave. When he talks to me or says my name it sends shivers down my spine. I am so attracted to him it's almost like Max is a magnet and I am a piece of metal that can’t help up be attracted to the force that he creates. The only question is does he feel something.? I mean, I never sense anything from him. I never can tell what he his thinking. Does he think of me in a romantic way? Why would he? He is like the most popular guy at school and has women falling all over him, but Max never lets it get to him. He is probably the most laid back and totally in control person I know. In science we have so much fun just laughing and joking around. Is it possible that he could like me?

“Are you still going to ask Max to Homecoming?” I hear Rachael ask, stirring me from my thoughts. I look around the store before turning back to the rack of dresses in front of me.

“Yes, I am. I must be totally crazy to ask him. I mean why would Max want to go with me? Nevertheless, I am going to ask him.”

“Liz, saying that makes you totally crazy. Why wouldn’t Max want to go with you to Homecoming? I mean you are a total babe with your perfectly toned body, gorgeous silky brown hair, beauty....”

“Alright, I get the picture.” I say, breaking her off with a laugh.

“You sure? I can make it a little more vivid.”

“I am sure.” I tell her, rolling my eyes.

“Well, I am sorry to say, girl, but I have to jet. Call me tomorrow and tell me what Max says, ok? And good luck.” Rachael tells me

“Ok, bye, girlfriend.” I say before hanging up and continuing my search for a Homecoming dress.

<center>~</center>

“Uh Max do you need a little help?”

“I thought you would never ask.” he says with a little exasperated sigh. I walk over to start help him with the experiment he is working on, the one he is about to ruin. Since the beginning of
class I have been building up my confidence to ask Max out. Nervousness is fluttering in my stomach, causing me to feel a little nauseas. Max looks amazing today, of course. The moment I saw him, he caused my heart to beat in a erratic beat. The way it always does when I see him.

“So are you excited about the game tonight against East Roswell?” I ask, never taking my eyes of the solution I am titrating.

“Yeah this game is really important considering we are both 8-0. Whoever wins tonight goes on being undefeated and considering they're our biggest rival this game is even more important.” he tells me.

“Yeah so I have been hearing.” Ok, Liz, you can do this. This is it. You will finally have the answer to the question you have been dwelling on for the past two months. Does he or doesn’t he?

“Uh, Max, can I ask you something”

He freezes for a second like he is unsure before he puts down his experiment and looks at me questionably. I nibble on my lip as I study his face trying to figure out if asking him is a good idea. Shaking off my plaguing thoughts, I forge ahead knowing if I don’t ask him now I will never get the courage to.

“Um... well you see…. you know the .......Homecoming dance...what am I saying of course you do ....it’s just I uh don’t have a date and I know that you.... don’t have one.....not that I am stalking you or anything.” I look up at him while biting on my bottom lip when he looks at me expecting me to make a point now.

“Doyouwannagotothedancetogether? I say in a rush. My face immediately flushes in embarrassment.

“What?” he asks me in confusion. He searches my face as if it will allow him to make sense of what I just asked him.

“Um, do you want to go to the dance together?” I say. I don’t even look at him, I just stand their holding my breath like a fool.

“As in you and me?” No me and Elvis Presley. Of course you. He thinks it’s some joke, him and me being together. What was I thinking? I look up at him and swallow past the lump in my throat.

“Uh, yeah, I figured it would, you know, be fun.”

“Liz, um, I’m sorry I can’t.” he tells me giving me a weak smile.

“Oh.” I say “It’s ok. It’s not a big deal.” I tell him while turning around to pack up my belongings.

“Liz, I’m really.....” Ring, Ring. Thank God, I am saved by the bell. I turn and look at him.

“It’s ok, Max, I understand. I guess… I will talk to you later.” I say before rushing out of the class. Oh my God, how could I be so stupid to actually think Max could be attracted to me? Idiot, idiot.
God, what is wrong with me? If he turned down every other girl in the school why did I think he would say yes to me?

<center>~</center>

“Bye, Grams.” I tell my grams, leaning down and giving her a kiss on the cheek.

She glances down at my Comets tee shirt and jeans, giving me an approving nod before giving me a kiss back. “Bye honey bear. Have fun at the game. If you need me I’ll be at Patty William’s house.”

“Ok, Grams.” I tell her before grabbing my keys and heading out the door. This is actually the first game I will be going to this season, considering this is my first Friday night off since I started at the Crashdown. Since Michael is a football player, Maria went to all the games, therefore, I was stuck working Friday nights. Since it’s Homecoming weekend, I decided to take the weekend off.

I hop in my car, turn it on and pop in the new cd I bought that I absolutely love. The smooth voice of the Isaac Slade from the band The Fray settles over the car like a warm blanket. Humming to the music, I make my five minute journey to the school.

<center>Step one you say we need to talk
He walks you say sit down it's just a talk
He smiles politely back at you
You stare politely right on through
Some sort of window to your right
As he goes left and you stay right
Between the lines of fear and blame
And you begin to wonder why you came
</center>

My stomach begins to knot, and I feel the same way I felt the first day of school. Anxiety reeks off of me and my insecurity of tonight’s evening has me feeling dread. Why the hell am I going again? Oh yeah, Isabel invited me. More like begged me to come for a straight hour. I finally agreed just to make her stop giving me the puppy dog look.

<center>Where did I go wrong, I lost a friend
Somewhere along in the bitterness
And I would have stayed up with you all night
Had I known how to save a life
</center>

So, here I am dreading this evening. Not only will I be sitting with Isabel and all her friends, but I will also have to watch Max playing all night. I am scared to see him again. Throughout government, Max tried to talk to me, apologize to me, but I just brushed it off, too afraid to let the rejection hurt me.

<center>Let him know that you know best
Cause after all you do know best
Try to slip past his defense
Without granting innocence
Lay down a list of what is wrong
The things you've told him all along
And pray to God he hears you</center>

Why does Max rejecting me hurt so much? I barely even know the guy, but something inside of me is screaming that he is the one. The one. That has such a profound meaning. If Max and I got together, I can picture us being forever. Why is that? What is it about Max that draws me instantly to him? Why am I willing to give my heart away so easily?

<center>Where did I go wrong, I lost a friend
And I would have stayed up with you all night
</center>

I sigh heavily at the problems surrounding my new life in Roswell. Sure, there were guys in Florida, but none like Max. They didn’t turn my skin to fire with just one look, and they definitely didn’t cause my stomach to turn in knots with just one look at him. There is something about Max that I just can’t help but be attracted to.

<center>As he begins to raise his voice
You lower yours and grant him one last choice
Drive until you lose the road
Or break with the ones you've followed
He will do one of two things
He will admit to everything
Or he'll say he's just not the same
And you'll begin to wonder why you came
</center>

The school parking lot comes into view and I anxiously push away my thoughts of Max and my consuming feelings for him. The parking lot is insane and teenagers from both schools are making their way to the bleachers adjourning the football field. Laughing and loud chatter fills the stadium and I know tonight is going to be an interesting night. The towns biggest rivalry, half the stadium will be cheering for the East Roswell Aliens and the other half will be cheering for the West Roswell Comets. If anything, tonight should be interesting.

<center>Where did I go wrong (where did I go wrong), I lost a friend
And I would have stayed up (I would of stayed up) with you all night
</center>

Shaking off my nervousness, I cut the engine before getting out of the car and making my way to the football field. Outside, the shouts are louder then they were in my car. I moan, knowing that
most likely I will have a headache tomorrow. When I get to the bleachers, I search for Isabel and her friends. It takes a few minutes, but I finally see her waving me over. I put a happy smile on and make my way to Isabel and the group.

“Liz, you finally made it.” Isabel says, giving me a hug when I finally make it up the bleachers steps to where the group is standing.

“Yeah, the parking lot's pretty crazy.” I tell her as she hugs me before pulling back and looking at the rest of the gang. “Hey guys.” I say shyly.

“Hey.” Alex, Maria and Tess say before a uncomfortable silence falls upon us.

“Liz, take a seat. The game will start an second” Isabel says, pulling me to sit between her and Maria.

“Grams finally gave you the night off?” Maria asks me.

“Yeah, finally. She has Katie Martin there tonight.” I tell Maria as my eyes scan the stadium. The west side of the bleachers is covered with blue and gold students, while the east side is covered in red and black students.

“Well, Katie’s good.” Maria says with a nod. Maria and I hang at work and talk about superficial things, but that’s about it. Maria turns to Alex as he asks her something and I am again questioning why I came to this game.

“So, Liz, do you have a date to Homecoming?” Isabel asks me as she fixes the blue ribbon in her hair. I watch for a minute as she primps her already perfect look: blue Comets shirt, blue jeans, and Max’s
number carefully painted on her face. Like always, she looks elegant and beautiful; Miss Supermodel herself.

“Oh…no…I’m going stag. You?” I ask. Isabel stops her movement for a minute and I watch as her eyes flicker over to Alex’s face before looking at me and slowly shaking her head.

“No.” she says quietly. I glance at her before glancing at Alex and then back to her.

“You’re going with Alex, aren’t you?” I ask in a whisper so only she can hear me. Her eyes grow wide in panic and I can’t help but smile. I was right on the button.

“Um...well...you see...we…yes.” she final tells me giving me a shy smile. Well I’ll be damned, Miss Social gets tongue twisted and shy.

“When did this happen?” I ask her, my smile growing bigger.

“Earlier this week, but we don’t want anyone to know until tomorrow. So please, please don‘t say anything.” She replies, practically begging me. Ok is all I say as she nervously looks around making sure no one has heard us. Thankfully, the announcer comes on, stopping the awkward silence that was going to fall upon us.

My breath begins to hitch when I hear the Comets being called onto the field. I watch as Max leads the team out onto the field, jumping and shouting in excitement for tonight’s game. I watch in amazement as Max jogs to the bench, helmet daggling in his right hand. He looks absolutely amazing. The tight football pants fit him perfectly, giving me a perfect view of his butt. His shoulder pads make him look more built, than he really is. In other words, he looks perfect, he just oozes sex appeal.

“Who are you drooling over?” Isabel whispers in my ear. My head whips around in shock, and I can’t believe Isabel caught me staring at her brother.

“No one.” I whisper back. I know my cheeks are probably flaming, proving that I am lying.

“Ok. It just looked…” she says, but is cut of by the announcer asking us to rise for the National Anthem.

<center>~</center>

The game is jam packed with action. Boys roughing it up on the field trying to prove who is better, who will come out on top and be the new heroes in town. I watch Max as he gracefully moves across the ground like a dancer in Swan Lake. He flows naturally, causing me and the rest of the fans to jump and cheer as he magnificently throws the winning touchdown to Michael. The crowd goes wild as Michael does a victory dance in the end zone before he is swarmed by his teammates, cheering and chanting.

The stands begin to empty as the student mass begins to gather on the football field to tell their fellow classmates good job. I watch as Max and Kyle throw Michael on their shoulders, walking around, showing off Michael like he is the king of the world. I can’t help but laugh as they parade around the field causing Michael to almost fall off.

I begin to make my way to the field to tell Isabel goodnight and that I will she her tomorrow. I push my way through the crowds in search of her. It takes me a good five minutes wandering through the crowd to finally find Isabel with the rest of the group animatedly talking to Max, Michael, and Kyle. I walk over to them telling myself to ignore how absolutely sexy Max looks right now, even drenched in sweat. The sweat makes my body hum more in response to his appearance.

“Isabel, I just wanted to say goodbye before I head home.” I tell her once I reach the group. I can feel everyone’s eyes on me, but none are as intense or heated as Max’s as he watches me.

“What? You're not going to Gina Malone's party?” she ask me completely shocked.

“No, unfortunately I have to work bright and early tomorrow morning." I say trying not to look at Max.

“Oh, I am so sorry, but I'll see you tomorrow, right?” she asks.

“I wouldn’t miss it for the world.” I tell her with a wink before turning and leaving. I hear Kyle begin to talk about the game, giving play by play action and I can’t help but smile.

“Liz?” I hear Max call out, stopping me in my tracks when I feel his hand touch my arm. He gently turns me towards him and I am instantly greeted by his golden spheres that swallow me.

“Max?” I ask when he doesn’t say anything. I stand there waiting, holding my breath in anticipation.

“Uh, um…” he averts his eyes from my face before clearing his throat. “Did you enjoy the game?” he finally asks me. I can’t help but be disappointed. I was so sure he was going to ask me something
else.

“Yeah, it was a good game.” I tell him.

“Yeah...it was.” he says to no one in particular. "Well, I should let you go.” he says after a moment. I squelch the disappointment and glance down at the ground before finally glancing back at his masculine face. I catch his eyes for a moment, drinking them in before I pull my arm from Max’s moist hands. I search his face for something, anything, before finally giving up.

“Goodbye, Max.” I tell him, turning and leaving. As I leave, I swear I hear Max’s gentle voice telling me goodbye. But when I turn to check, he is in nowhere in sight, leaving me very disappointed and somehow a little heart broken.
Last edited by Tinkerbell_Luvs_Roswell on Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tinkerbell_Luvs_Roswell
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Thanks guys for all the feedback! I don't have time tonight to leave individual feedback I have to be up early for school, but I will come back and comment in the morning. Special thanks to Lorastar for being by Beta your the best.

<center>Chapter Seven
Homecoming 101</center>

Tonight’s the night of the Homecoming Dance, and although I don’t have a date, I am really excited about going. I am especially excited about seeing Isabel and Alex there together. The looks on the rest of the class’ faces when they see Miss Popular at the Homecoming Dance with the Dodge Ball King will be priceless.

I really like Alex. We get along really well. He is always cracking Tess and me up during calculus when we are supposed to be doing our homework. Although things are a bit strange between Tess and me, we can get past that with Alex making us laugh. Tess and Michael seem to be the only people I can’t win over in the group. Even Kyle, who seemed very weary of me when I first joined the group, jokes around with me when he’s at the Crash. I must admit that Tess, although I can see her distrust when I am around, has never been flat out rude to me like Michael.

Knock, Knock.

“Come in,” I yell, knowing it’s Grams.

“Hi, sweetie. You ready for me to do your hair?” My grams asks me with a bright smile. I think she is more excited than I am about going to this dance.

“Just one second,” I tell her as I finish putting on the last few touches of my makeup. I am wearing light foundation to keep the shine off, dark blue eye shadow, a little blush, mascara, and clear lip-gloss to complete the look. My grams is putting my hair up in a fancy bun I saw in a magazine. To top that all off, I just have to put on my dark blue dress that I bought the other day.

“So, any boys you will be meeting at the dance?” She asks me in an innocent voice because I already told her that I was going alone. She couldn’t believe that her precious granddaughter didn’t have a date to Homecoming. Of course, a couple guys asked me, but I turned them all down in hope that Max would say yes to me. As you can see, that didn’t happen, but even so, I wouldn’t want to go with anyone else.

“No, Grams. I already told you that.”

“What? I am just worried about you, that’s all. How are you supposed to find the man of your dreams if you don’t date?” She says like it’s the end of the world that I haven’t found the one. Of course, I don’t mention that I found someone I would like to be the one, but he doesn’t look at me that way.

“Grams, I’m only seventeen, not forty. I think I have plenty of time to find the one.” I tell her, trying not to laugh at her antics.

“Ok, sweetie, whatever you say. I’m just saying that I met your grandfather at your age, so you never know. You need to have your eyes open and keep a look out for him, you never know when he might pop into your life.”

“But I already found him,” I whisper to myself.

“What was that, dear?” my grams asks, looking at me questioningly.

“I said you’re right, Grams.”

“Ok, sweetie, I’m done. Wow, look at you! You look gorgeous,” she tells me.

“Grams, please.”

“Fine, you get your dress on while I go get the camera,” she says, leaving the room and closing the door.

Sighing loudly, I grab my blue dress and look it over. It took me an hour to find the dress, but I finally found one. It’s a dark blue halter dress that’s completely open in the back. It’s long and form fitting and I love the velvet material against my skin. Slipping off my robe, I get dressed.

I am going to have fun tonight and I am not going to think about Max. I will just enjoy myself and forget about him for one night. Yeah, right! I have to roll my eyes at this. Max has been on my brain since the second I met him. I haven’t been able to get him out of my head for the life of me.

Ok, let’s try and think about something other than Max. Like, like…like…oh, I know. I have been getting all prepared for college applications. I have been meeting with my guidance counselor and I almost have all of them ready. I am applying to Harvard, Northwestern, Stanford, and UNM. The last one is so I could stay here to help my grams. She is getting older and my parents were going to move out here after my graduation to help her. Now that they can’t, it’s something I am considering. It’s also a back up school just in case I don’t get into Harvard.

“Sweetie, you almost done?” my grandmother asks through the door.

“You can come in,” I yell to her. She pops in with a dreamy smile, and I resist the urge to roll my eyes at her.

“Can you zip this up, please?” I ask, turning my back to her.

“Of course,” she says, zipping me up before putting a new roll of film in the camera while I put my heels on.

“Oh, I almost forgot,” my grams shouts in excitement before hurrying out of the room. She comes back in carrying a small plastic box. When she reaches me, I notice it’s a corsage in the box with a beautiful white rose surrounded by baby breath.

“Just because you don’t have a date doesn’t mean you shouldn’t be allowed to wear one” she tells me, sliding the corsage on my wrist.

“Thanks, Grams.”

“No problem, honey bear. Now about those pictures,” she says and all I can do is sigh.

<center>~</center>

The dance is in full swing when I arrive. The beats of the newest hit pop song are banging out of the speakers around the gym. Students sway to the fast beat music. The gym is covered in blue and gold, not leaving a single wall without paper mache streamers, balloons, or posters with “Go Big Blue!” or “Comets Rock the House.” It’s actually one of the cheesiest things I have ever seen, but the effort and the school spirit is endearing. I make my way around the gym, scoping out the scene and searching for Isabel and her friends. I end up stopping at the punch bowl to get a drink so I don’t look like a complete idiot just standing there.

“I wouldn’t drink that if I were you,” a voice behind me says. I turn around to see Tess in a beautiful pink dress. Her hair is down with silver barrettes clipping back a few strands.

“Why not?”

“I saw Paulie and Tommy spike it earlier, so I would advise you to stay away,” she tells me with a giggle. I laugh and nod my head in thanks.

“Noted,” I tell her. “You look really beautiful.”

“Thanks, you too,” she says, giving me a warm smile. An awkward silence falls upon us and I begin to feel uncomfortable. I have no clue what to say to her. Normally, when we are together, Alex is there to keep the conversation flowing.

“Oh, my God,” I hear Tess mumble right before the school gym goes completely silent. Everyone in the gym has stopped what they are doing and are staring in shock at the gym doors. I turn around to see what they are staring at only to find Isabel and Alex in the doorway.

Alex has a big goofy grin on his face and Isabel looks around the gym wondering what the hell is going on. Of course, she looks gorgeous in her stunning red dress that fits her to perfection. Alex is dressed in a black dress shirt and pants with a red tie. Isabel flashes a megawatt smile before whispering something in Alex’s ear. I watch as Alex smiles and nods his head at Isabel before leading her to the dance floor, completely ignoring the student body. Although the whispering of the students was in full force, it soon died with the hip hop beats of 50 Cent hitting the speakers. Isabel and Alex were soon forgotten as students once again began to dance and enjoy their evening.

“Well, I’ll be damned,” I hear Tess whisper, “took them long enough,” she says to no one in particular before turning and facing me once more.

“So, Liz, you got a date tonight?”

I fight the urge to say I could have had a date, but I turned them all down in hopes that Max would say yes to me. I keep my mouth shut and tell her no.

“…I came stag. So, did you and Kyle come together?” I ask her. I watch in amazement as her face turns red and then a flash of panic crosses her face.

“What? Um, no, he came with Vicky Delaney,” she tells me before turning and looking around the room. I can’t see her face or what she’s thinking, but by her body language, it seems that I just touched on one of her secrets.

“So he doesn’t know?” I ask.

“Huh? Know what?” she mumbles, turning back to face me.

“That you like him,” I watch as the shock registers on her face as I ask her.

“No, he doesn’t know,” she tells me quietly. She looks down shyly and I must say I am shocked. I have never seen Tess act this way around me. Her head pops up and she looks me in the eyes.

“And I’d kind of like to keep it that way.”

“Well, your secret is safe with me,” I say, giving her a confident smile letting her know she has nothing to worry about.

“Thanks, and it was good talking to you. See ya later, bye.”

“Bye,” I tell her before she turns around and leaves to go dance with some guy. I think I have finally gained her trust as a friend. Or at least, hopefully, it will help our budding friendship.

“Liz Parker, may I have the pleasure of dancing with you?” a deep voice behind me asks.

I turn around and….
Tinkerbell_Luvs_Roswell
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Hey Peeps,
I know you guys must have your jaws droping to the floor right now because I got chapter eight out and you didn't have to wait a month. Thanks to all of you for sticking with me. I am really trying to keep updates as frequently as possible. Big thanks to my beta Lorastar your awesome.

Thanks to...
tabby
Flamehair:
the answer to your question has finally arrived
L-J-L 76
Timelord31
Dreamer<3:
Thanks girl! As soon as I am done I am going to beta your new chapter for Wished to Riches. Promise :wink:
belleoftheball: Glad you like it and welcome aboard
begonia9508: Your comment scared me :shock: I think I will go and hide until I know it is safe to come out! :lol:

To all the lurkers thanks for lurking!

<center>Chapter Eight
May I Have This Dance? </center>

My face falls when I see who it is, but I quickly hide it. I was hoping that it was Max and that maybe he changed his mind. That he did want to go with me and that he did like me, but of course that would just be my wishful thinking. I mean why would Max be interested in me? There’s nothing special about me really. I mean, I am smart, but I wouldn’t call myself gorgeous, not that I’m ugly just not gorgeous. Max has tons of drop dead gorgeous girls throwing themselves at him. Trust me I know. I have eyes and there is no way in hell Max likes me.

“Liz?”

I am shaken from my thoughts by the sound of Lucas’s voice. Lucas is in my photography class. He is a cool guy and we hang out during class, but he definitely isn’t Max. He is wearing khaki pants with a white button down shirt. He’s tall and good-looking, but, you guessed it, he isn’t Max.

“Yeah?” I say giving him my attention. I watch him glance around the room in nervousness before returning his attention to me.

<center>For all those times you stood by me
For all the truth that you made me see
For all the joy you brought to my life
For all the wrong that you made right
For every dream you made come true
For all the love I found in you
</center>

“I asked if you wanted to dance,” he tells me. I tip my head in embarrassment, trying to hide my flaming cheeks.

<center>I'll be forever thankful baby
You’re the one who held me up
Never let me fall
You’re the one who saw me through it all
</center>

“I loved too.”

<center>You were my strength when I was weak
You were my voice when I couldn’t speak
You were my eyes when I couldn’t see
You saw the best there was in me
Lifted me up when I couldn’t reach
You gave me faith coz you believed
I’m everything I am
Because you loved me
</center>

Lucas and I begin to dance to the sultry music of Celion Dion’s song "Because You Loved Me." An oldie, but a goodie. Lucas is a nice guy and I have lots of fun when we hang out together. We normally hang out together after school on Wednesday before photograph club. We have fun and laugh, but it’s just in a friends sort of way. He’s a nice guy and I enjoy his company, but I don’t have any attraction towards him.

<center>You gave me wings and made me fly
You touched my hand I could touch the sky
I lost my faith, you gave it back to me
You said no star was out of reach
You stood by me and I stood tall
</center>

“How do you like living in Roswell so far?” Lucas asks me after a few moments of silence has fallen upon us. We are swaying to the music in the middle of the floor. Couples around us are cuddling as they dance to Celion’s perfect depiction of a romance.

<center>I had your love I had it all
I’m grateful for each day you gave me
Maybe I don’t know that much
But I know this much is true
I was blessed because I was loved by you
</center>

“It’s ok. I mean it’s totally different from Florida in some ways, and exactly the same in other ways. I don’t know if that make sense,” I tell him. He is staring at me intently and I am avoiding his stare in fear of him trying to take our friendship to a place that I don’t want it to go. So I keep my gaze just off of his shoulder so it doesn’t appear that I am avoiding him.

I’m everything I am
Because you loved me
</center>

“Yeah it does. I am not a native Roswellian either. I moved here in ninth grade and it was like stepping into the twilight zone,” he says, a chuckle spilling from his lips.

<center>You were always there for me
The tender wind that carried me
A light in the dark shining your love into my life
You’ve been my inspiration
Through the lies you were the truth
My world is a better place because of you
</center>

I stare at his happy and serene face and become somewhat sad. He’s a handsome guy with sandy blonde hair, bright green eyes and a killer smile. Perfect dream guy for any girl. But he doesn’t do anything for me. Back in Florida I had tons of crushes and according to Rachael, I was a man eater. I would go out with a guy and then break up with him a couple weeks later only do it all over again. Ever since I met Max, though, I haven’t been able to think about anyone else, let alone be physically attracted to anyone else.

I’m everything I am
Because you loved me
</center>

“Liz?”

‘Hmm?”

“Where did you go?” he asks me.

</center>

“Huh? Oh…I’m sorry, Lucas, I totally spaced out. What did you say?” I say surprised that Lucas doesn’t think I am a complete idiot since I can't even stay in tune to a conversation.

<center>Lifted me up when I couldn’t reach
I’m everything I am
Because you loved me
</center>

“I said you look really gorgeous tonight.” I feel my face flush at his comment.

<center>I’m everything I am
Because you loved me
</center>

“Thank you,” I whisper as we stop dancing at the end of the song. We stand there looking at each other, unsure of what to sayr. I know he is about to say something that I don’t want to hear.

“Liz, I wanted to know….”

“Liz, there you are. I have been looking all over for you.” Isabel says, rushing up to me and giving me a big hug. I can’t help but inwardly sigh and silently thank Isabel for cutting off Lucas. I definitely don’t want to turn the guy down because he is so nice and I would feel really bad.

“Isabel, hey. Wow, you look so beautiful.” I look at her stunning dress before turning my focus to Alex’s goofy grin.

“Hi, Alex,” I say, giving him a warm smile.

“Hey, Liz.”

“Liz, you look awesome, too…” Isabel pauses and turns her head in order to listen to the song that just started which just happens to be the Cha Cha Slide. “I totally love this dance! Come on, Liz, lets
go party.” She grabs my hand before I can react and all I can do is follow her. I turn around to give Lucas an apologetic smile before joining Isabel and Alex on the floor.

<center>~</center>

After dancing to several pop songs and finally telling Lucas that I would talk with him later, I was dying for a drink. Maria and I went off to find a drink that was not spiked. Making our way outside the gym, we head to the table that has been set up by the chess tables. They were selling bottles of water and soda in order to raise money for their club. After getting a bottle of water for me and Maria we head back to the gym and take post by the door.

“Maria, is Homecoming always this rowdy?” I ask, looking around at the students grinding against each other on the dance floor or sitting at tables talking animatedly. One table even seems to be having a drinking contest with the punch. I can faintly hear the shouts of "Go go!" through the loud music.

“Oh yeah. I mean you know Roswell doesn’t offer a lot of entertainment. So this is like Christmas for us.” She looks around the room and I see her giggle at Alex antics on the dance floor. He is dancing as goofy as one can and to my surprise Isabel’s not mad instead she is laughing her head off.

I shake my head before turning my attention back to Maria. “Where’s Michael? I haven’t seen him all evening.”

The grin on her face slides and she sighs under her breath, but not quiet enough that I couldn’t hear her. “He’s with Max. Michael doesn’t dance, so he over there hanging out with Max....” she says, pointing over in the direction where they were hanging out. They are tucked back in a dark corner and I realize that’s why I never noticed them before. I take in Max’s appearance and all I can think is damn, he looks sexy. He is wearing tan Dockers, a white button up shirt and a tan jacket to match. He just oozes sex appeal and I can’t help but stare. Max turns around just then and looks at me. I stare at him from across the space unable to look away. He gives me a small smile and wave before he turns his attention back to Michael and some other guys he is hanging out with.

“Can I have your attention, please.” A man calls out from stage “It’s time to announce this year’s Homecoming King and Queen. The music stops and everyone stands there waiting for the announcement.

“Alright folks, this years Homecoming King is…Alex…Alex Whitman” The spotlight shines down on a stunned Alex and I can’t help but giggle. The whole gym is dead quite not sure what happened while Isabel is pushing him towards the stage. Alex, who is stilled stunned, makes his way to the stage where they crown him. He gives a little thumbs up to Isabel which breaks the crowd out of their shock and the gym break out in applause.

“And the Homecoming Queen is… no surprise here…Isabel Evans!” The students shout, hoot, and holler as Isabel makes her way to the stage. All I can do is laugh and giggle which erupts into bouts of laughter when I see Maria jumping up and down like a two year old.

“Now clear the floor to let the couple dance.” Everyone clears the floor as Alex and Isabel make their way to the dance floor. Everyone watches as the two sway to the music totally wrapped up in each other. They look so cute together and when the song ended they didn’t even notice they keep on dancing as the next slow song started. Lucas, who walked over to me while Isabel and Alex were dancing, offers me his hand.

“Shall we?” Lucas asks as I hear Gavin DeGraw’s "We Belong Together” hit the air waves.

<center>We belong together
like the open seas and shores
wedded by the planet force
</center>

“Su….”

<center>We've all been spoken for
the hammer may strike, be dead on the ground.
A net to my hand, a cross on his crown.
</center>

“Actually, if you don’t mind, I would like this dance?” I turn around to come face to face with Max’s burning eyes and intense stare.

“If that’s ok with Liz?” Lucas says looking at me waiting for my answer.

“Um… I…of course,” I finally tell Max. I once again give Lucas an apologetic smile “I’ll save a dance for you later.” I say before I turn my attention back to Max. Max reaches out his hand to take mine and
all I do is stare for a moment unable to move.

<center>We’re done if, who we're undone,
finished if who we are incomplete.
As one we are everything,
we are everything we need
</center>

“Liz?” Max’s voice reaches my ears and I look at him unsure of what to say. Shrugging off my feelings of nervousness, I take Max’s hand. As soon as my hand touches Max’s a spark shoots through my arm. I quickly glance at Max to see if he felt the same thing, but he seems oblivious as he guides me to the dance floor.

we've all been spoken for
</center>

My stomach begins to flip flop and I am unable to stop the shiver that takes over my body when Max’s hand comes into contact with my bare back. I look into his dreamy face and I am pulled into
his amber eyes. It’s instant and accidental and I can’t look away. All I can do is gaze into them.

<center>What good is a life, with no one to share,
the light of the moon, the honor of a swear.
we can try to live the way in which you speak,
taste the milk of your mother earth's love,
spread the word of consciencness you see,
we are everything we need
</center>

I am unable to describe the emotion I see swimming around in his eyes, but it takes my breath away. I stare at him drinking him all in, fascinated that such raw emotion can be seen in ones eyes. I
can’t tell you what it is, but I do know that it must be an amazing emotion lying inside of him.

we've all been spoken for
</center>

I finally am able to pull my eyes away from his soulful eyes and rest my head on his shoulder. He smells incredible, like Ivory soap and after shave that smells like Old Spice Colony. He smells so yummy I could almost eat him. I smile to myself at this thought and snuggle a little closer. His hand begins to rub up and down my back and through my hair. It’s the most amazing feeling I have ever felt. His hands are causing tingles to run up and down my back.

<center>All this indecision
all this independent strength still
we've got our hearts on safe
we've got our hearts on safe
</center>

My thoughts begin to melt away like butter, leaving only the sensational feelings that Max is causing in me. I don’t know how long we have been dancing, but I don’t ever want to stop. I want to be in Max’s arms like this forever and if I can’t get forever then I want at least tonight. Just tonight.

<center>Someday when you're lonley,
sometime after all this bliss,
somewhere lost in emptiness,
I hope you find this gift...
I hope you find this gift..
I hope you find this gift.
</center>

The next thing I know is the song is ending and Max is slowing our movement. My mind and body screams no, but I know our time together has come to an end. I back away looking at Max unsure what to say to him. He stares back at me and I can see the nervousness written on his face.

“Do you want to go for walk?” Max asks me softly.

“Uh.......sure.”

He grabs me by the hand and leads me towards the gym doorss. We make our way to the football field and begin to walk around the track. We walk in silence enjoying each other presence. Both of us are lost in thought. I am uncertain of what to say to Max or even what to make of his actions.

Once again a million questions plague my mind on what my relationship with Max is. I shiver as a
light breeze blows over us. Max stops short and takes off his jacket. Reaching around me, he gently places his jacket around my shoulders.

“Thanks,” I say, giving him a small smile.

“You look really beautiful tonight,” he says a little hesitant.

“Thanks,” I say again, a blush creeping up my cheeks.

“So, Isabel and Alex made Homecoming King and Queen.”

“Yeah, I know. Did you see Alex‘s face? It was priceless.” Max’s laugh reaches my ears and I go ahead and join him.

“Yeah, that would be an understatement.” I tell him.

“Sorry that I said no to coming with you, it’s just something that you....”

“No, Max, its ok. I understand really,” I tell him placing my finger on his lips to stop him when he is about to says something else. Max takes my hand in his and kisses my finger tips gentle. His soft lips
graze fingers and my breath hitches. He looks at me with heated eyes and I can’t help, but lick my lips. His eyes avert down to my lips as he watches my tongue skim my lips. His head slowly leans in
towards me, his lips a mere inches from me.
Last edited by Tinkerbell_Luvs_Roswell on Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tinkerbell_Luvs_Roswell
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Thanks so much for the wonderful feedback and thank you Laura aka Lorastar for being my beta. Thanks :P

P.S. The song is Anna Begins by The Counting Crows

<center>Chapter Nine</center><center>
Well, that just sucks!</center>

Ok, so let’s get back to my life.... Sorry for the delay... You know things just end with distractions. Especially in my life. Anyway, we left off with Max and I just seconds away from kissing. Remember? Yeah, I do, too. So let’s see how amazing the kiss really is.

His head slowly leans in towards me, his lips mere inches from mine. He’s so close I can feel the shadow of his lips on mine. All he needs to do is lean a little closer and….

“Maxwell, we’re leaving” Michael yells from the gym. Max immediately pulls away from me which startles me and I jump. Max turns towards the doorway and yells something at Michael that I can’t make out because my heart is beating so hard that it’s echoing in my chest.

Max turns back to me. “Uh, I have to go. It seems like him and Maria had a fight.” I just nod, unable to say anything. Max gives me one more smile before turning and leaving. I let out the breath I didn’t even know I was holding. Michael has got to have the worst timing in history.

<center>~</center>

“Michael, you are aware that you have the worst timing in history, right?” I ask him as I jog to catch up with my best friend. I jump into the drivers seat as Michael proceeds to climb into the passengers side.

“Yeah? Well, I was just saving your ass.”

“What?” I nearly scream at him. What is he talking about? Saved me from what? Liz?

“I don’t know what you are thinking. We promised not to involve anyone else, especially after what happened last year when you were taken” Michael tells me in almost disbelief that I would even attempt to involve Liz in my life. “You’re the one that says we have to be normal teenagers.”

“That’s what I was trying to do two seconds ago.”

“By what? Getting involved with Liz? We already discussed this and we agreed not to let her in because it isn’t safe.”

“No, you and everyone else agreed. Isabel and I believe we should tell her. I really like Liz. What am I supposed to do the rest of my life? Never be with anyone? I don’t know why but there is just something about her. I think we can trust her. No, scratch that, I know we can trust her.”

“You know?” Michael looks at me like I have gone crazy, but I just ignore his look because I do know.

“I can feel it. We can trust her.”

I see Michael shake his head out of the corner of my eye and I know he doesn‘t believe me. He‘s scared, I can tell and I understand that, but we can trust Liz. I know that with every fiber in my body.

“Maxwell, the group put it to a vote.”

“Yeah, I heard it loud and clear.”

<center>~The Valenti and Harding Residence~</center>

I’m sitting quietly on the couch reading a book and drinking some tea. I’m not really paying attention to the book, but rather to the thoughts of what Kyle and his date are doing. The dance ended at 12 a.m. and it is now 1 a.m. Where is Kyle? I can’t help but wonder. Are they at her place or in the back of his car steaming up the windows. Is Vicky running her hands over Kyle’s nicely toned body? Is she kissing his beautiful lips? Is she.... Ok. Enough. Back to the book Which is hard to concentrate on. I mean who would actually want to read this book? Why is it that we always have to read old books in English? Like this stupid and confusing book Pride and Prejudice. Seriously, everyone has pride and everyone is prejudiced. So what’s the big deal?

“God, I can’t concentrate” I say in frustration. All I can think about is Kyle. I have never told anyone I like Kyle until tonight. Liz figured it out. So the question is: is it that obvious to everyone else? When they look at me, do they see “I am in love with Kyle” stamped on my forehead? And if they do, is Kyle like completely blind to it? Why did I say love? Am I in love with Kyle? I have no idea. Is love the feeling when you never want a day to go by without seeing them? Is it the butterflies in your stomach when they touch you or the feeling that everything is going to be ok from just one laugh? Is that love? You go ahead and ponder that for awhile then get back to me. Ok?

It’s around 1:30 a.m. when I hear Kyle’s car pull up. Kyle walks in with his jacket thrown over his shoulder and a frown.

“Hey” he says when he walks in

“Hey, how was the date?” I can’t help but ask

“We realized we had nothing in common” Kyle tells me. Not like I didn’t know it already.

“I’m sorry, Kyle” I say sincerely.

“Hey, you can’t win them all.”

“You tell ‘em, Buddha Boy” I tell Kyle

“Yeah. Well, I am hitting the shower and when I get back you better be off my couch.”

“Yes, sir” I say giving him a small salute. I watch him leave before getting up and heading to my room. When I moved in, Kyle gave me his room and we recently started putting up the spare room for him. It should be done next month, but for now Kyle sleeps on the couch. As I get into to bed, I begin to wonder if I should just tell him how I feel…. Nah!

<center>~The DeLuca Residence~</center>

“Can you believe he just left me there? I mean he has got some nerve. Especially after I went so out of my way to make it perfect for us. But no, he has to be the stupid pig head that he is.”

“Maria, as much as I love to hear you rant, I would like to get to sleep sometime in the millennium.” I tell my best bud. I’m currently laying on the floor of Miss Deluca’s floor. After dropping Isabel off at home, Maria offered for me to stay at her house and eat some ice cream. Ever since I’ve gotten here, Maria has been talking non stop about Michael and their argument. Like that was anything new. These two were on again off again more then anyone has ever been. It has gotten to the point where no one tries to figure it out. She has been talking so much I haven’t even had time to think about Isabel until now.

Isabel! God, she was gorgeous in the red silk gown with her hair pulled up. She was absolutely breath taking. I still have no idea how I became such a blessed man. Yes I do. I owe it all to Maria. A year and a half ago in May, when she got shot, she brought us together in some weird way. It took a little longer to break through Isabel’s walls but I finally accomplished it. Last spring she finally admitted that she want to be more then friends and yesterday she told me she finally wanted to tell everyone about us being a couple. I became the happiest man on earth. Alex Whitman is homecoming king. That’s just wow! God Isabel makes me feel….

“Alex, are you even listening to me? You are supposed to be helping me deal with my idiotic boyfriend.” Maria says, breaking through my thoughts.

“Yeah, Maria, I am listening.”

<center>~Evans’ Residence~</center>

<center>The My friend assures me "it's all or nothing"
I am not worried- I am not overly concerned
My friend implores me " for one time only,
make an exception." I am not not worried
</center>

I can’t believe Liz and I almost kissed. Since the day I met her, I have wanted to kiss her, but coming as close as I did today only makes me want to kiss her more. God, she looked absolutely breath taking. I regret not taking her to the dance, but I couldn’t. If I ever got involved with Liz, I would want to tell her everything. I wouldn’t be able to lie to her. I knew when I told her no she was disappointed. I could tell by her face, I can always tell. But tonight, I just couldn’t stay away. As soon as I laid my eyes on her, I knew that tonight I would give in because I couldn’t stand to be away from her anymore. I just needed to touch her.

<center>Wrap her up in a package of lies
Send her off to a coconut island
I am not worried - I am not overly concerned
with the status of my emotions
"oh", She says, "you're changing."
</center>

Knock, Knock.

“Come in!”

<center>But we're always changing
It does not bother me to say this isn't love
Because if you don't want to talk about it then it isn't love
And I guess I'm going to have to live with that
But, I'm sure there's something in a shade of gray
Or something in between
</center>

“Hey, what’s up?” Isabel walks in wearing her red silk pajamas. She got home about a half hour ago and it’s the first time this evening that I have really had time to talk with her. I was glad that she finally decided to tell everyone about her and Alex. She thought I didn’t know that they had been seeing each other for the past six months, but I knew. We live together and I always know when she is lying, but I let her keep it a secret because she deserved it.

<center>And I can always change my name if that's what you mean
My friend assures me "it's all or nothing`
But I am not really worried
I am not overly concerned
You try to tell yourself the things you try tell yourself to make
yourself forget
</center>

“Nothing. Just lying here and thinking.”

“Max, seriously, I would have thought this record would be worn out by now. I mean you play the Counting Crows like twenty four- seven. Don’t you ever listen to anything else? I need to buy you some new cds because I am tired of hearing it.”

<center>To make yourself forget
I am not worried
"If it's love" she said, "then we're gonna have to think about the
consequences"
</center>

I can‘t help the laugh that passes from my lips because, as usual, Isabel is right, but this record reflects me as a person more then anyone will ever know. “Isabel, I like my Counting Crows album and when I want to have the latest Christina Aguilera album, I’ll call you.”

Isabel rolls her eyes but I see the laughter lying behind them. “So, what are you thinking about?”

<center>Cause she can't stop shaking and I can't stop touching her and.....
This time when kindness falls like rain
It washes her away and Anna begins to change her mind
"These seconds when I'm shaking leave me shuddering
for days" she says.
And I'm not ready for this sort of thing
</center>

“Nothing really.” I say knowing full well that she won’t believe me. Just like she can’t keep a secret from me, I can’t keep a secret from her.

“Yeah, right. Let me guess. It is probably the same thing you have been thinking about for the past two months. Liz, right?”

<center>But I'm not gonna break
And I'm not going to worry about it anymore
I'm not gonna bend. And I'm not gonna break and
I'm not gonna worry about it anymore
</center>

“What! No….”

“Yeah, like I really believe that one.” Isabel rolls her eyes.

“Yeah, ok fine. I was thinking about Liz but I have good reason to.” I tell her point blank.

<center>It seems like I should say "as long as this is love..."
But it's not all that easy so maybe I should just
snap her up in a butterfly net-
Pin her down on a photograph album
</center>

“Does this have anything to with when you and Liz went off for some alone time?” Isabel asks. “Did you guys kiss?”

“Yes.... No, we almost kissed but I guess Michael was keeping an eye on me and just happened to want to leave right then.”

<center>I am not worried
I've done this sort of thing before
But then I start to think about the consequences
Because I don't get no sleep in a quiet room and...
</center>

“That bozo. He’s so worried about keeping our secret that he doesn’t see that we can trust her.”

“Yeah, I think we can trust her too. So what do we do about it?” I ask my sister. There’s something about Liz. I can’t quite put my finger on it, but there’s something about her that makes me know without a doubt I could trust her. Apparently, Isabel also seems to get that same feeling, so maybe I’m not completely delusional.

<center>The time when kindness falls like rain
it washes me away and Anna begins change my mind
And every time she sneezes I believe it's love
and oh lord.... I'm not ready for this sort of thing
</center>

“Well, we just have to prove to Michael and Tess that she’s trust worthy. I will want her to know. Everyone else has a best friend and I want one, too.”

“At least you have Alex. I don’t have anyone in that way.”

<center>She's talking in her sleep-it's keeping me awake
And Anna begins to toss and turn
And every word is nonsense but I understand and
oh lord. I m not ready for this sort of thing
</center>

“So we have to prove Liz is trust worthy?” Isabel asks enthusiastically.

“Yeah, but how?”

<center>Her kindness bangs a gong
It's moving me along and Anna begins to fade away
It's chasing me away. She disappears,
and oh lord I'm not ready for this sort of thing
</center>
Last edited by Tinkerbell_Luvs_Roswell on Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tinkerbell_Luvs_Roswell
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Hi Guys,
It's me I am alive. Sorry for the delay RL has been crazy lately. Between working full time and going to school full time I have my hands completely full. Plus I just got promoted at work and with me working in retail and the holidays coming up my writing time is slowly disappearing. Anyway, chapter ten is done but I am not completely satisfied with it so I am going to do some tweaking to it and have in Lorastar's mail box Sunday evening. Since work was kind enough to give me an extra day off next week I plan on doing chapter eleven then if all my plans go accordingly. Thanks so much for your support.

Laterz,
Jill