Scripted (AU ML/MM ADULT) AN 1/14/07 [WIP]

This is the place where fics that have not been updated in the past three months will be moved until the author asks a mod to move them back to an active board.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, truelovepooh, Forum Moderators

Luzser1800
Addicted Roswellian

Scripted (AU ML/MM ADULT) AN 1/14/07 [WIP]

Post by Luzser1800 »

<center>Image</center>

<center>Image</center>

Title: Scripted
Author: Luzser1800 I know what you're thinking: No! Not her again! I can't help it, this is becoming addicting! :wink:
Category: M/L
Disclaimer: I own nothing. Thanx to my beta, Mmcherron, and the banner made by Behrsgirl77.
Rating: ADULT
Summary: Max is an actor. (I know, been there, done that, right?) Liz is the girl next door. (Familiar again, I know. But I guarantee something different.) In this fic, Max was 15 and getting famous, when he met 15 year old Liz. He basically swept her up into a world of excess. They broke up at a point, and now, five years later, Max, who is now huge, has come back to find Liz. What for, you ask? Guess you'll just have to read on.

SCRIPTED

PROLOGUE

Liz Parker sat at her boring desk job, typing away at legal documents. There was a small waiting room on the other side of her office cubicle. The business had yet to open and Liz darted her eyes to the clock, which read: 8:57. The office would open in three minutes and soon, patrons would be asking her questions about the legality of this situation and that situation.

Tess Harding sat down next to Liz, and asked, “How come you didn’t come to the party last night? It was a blast!”

“I told you, Tess. I’m just not into parties.” Tess seemed to accept her answer and went back to getting ready to open up.

It was hard for Liz to imagine that this was now her life. Answering telephones and setting up appointments for hot shot lawyers who weren’t much older than she was. At the tender age of 23, she could still remember what it felt like to party and play like a teenager. Then again, at the time, she was a teenager, wasn’t she? Now that she had already been through it all, it was hard to go back to that lifestyle, even though most people were just beginning that lifestyle now, at her age. His face came back to her mind, and she quickly snapped it shut, going back to the clock. She sighed loudly, it was time to open up.

Tess came dancing past her, giving her shoulder a friendly squeeze and getting a half-smile in return, before opening up the doors and letting everyone go into the waiting room to sign in. Liz sat down with her first customer, getting things started. The lady just had a few simple legal questions, and Liz was quick to answer each and every one of them without a problem.

After her patron had left her desk, Liz went into the waiting room to call on her next customer. Without looking up from the sign-in sheet, Liz opened her mouth to call out the first name when his voice found her ears. She picked her head up, an annoyed look on her face. He had yet to see her and was currently smiling and talking to one of his very giddy female fans. Luckily, she was the only other person in the room, and Max wasn’t being bombarded with publicity, because she certainly didn’t need any more of that.

Liz put a hand on her hip, attempting to look as menacing as possible, ultimately denying the incessant pounding of her heart at seeing him again. “Would you mind not molesting the customers in my building?” She shot him an ‘I hate you’ smile for effect.

He stood up full length, a cocky smile on his face, took off his sunglasses, and stared deep into her eyes. “Hello to you too, gorgeous.”

“What the hell do you want, Max?”

He put a hand to his chest, as if being hurt. “What? No greetings and salutations?”

“Now why would I want to exchange pleasantries? You’re obviously here for a reason, otherwise you wouldn’t be here, so what do you want?”

Max ignored her question as he looked around the place. “You sure have a nice disappearing act. You should charge admission. Do you have any idea how long it took me to find you? I mean, who the hell lives in Wyoming?”

Liz crossed her arms over her chest, sneering at him. “Speaking of which, how did you find me?”

He brushed his hands down his jeans. “To make a long story short, I finally got it out of Maria.”

Liz closed her eyes painfully and she whispered, “I’m gonna kill her.”

Max smiled. “Don’t be so angry with her. There was a price for her tongue.” Liz could only imagine what Maria had put him through. Max made a disgusted face. “I had to take her shopping.”

Liz nearly laughed out loud at the expression on his face, but she still wanted to know what the hell he was here for. She kept the angry expression on her face. “Max!” He looked into her eyes and knew she wanted an explanation for his visit.

Max’s expression became serious, his smile a grim line now. “The truth is...” She watched him bite his lip and wondered what could have happened. He lowered his voice and moved close to her ear, nearly making her pass out in convulsions. “Last night, in a dark alley, a rather shady guy approached me.”

“What did he want?” Liz asked, concerned.

“A story.” Liz looked confused. “He was a reporter.”

Liz sighed and rubbed her forehead. “Of course he was,” she gritted.

“Has anyone approached you between yesterday and now?” Max looked rather troubled.

Me? Why?” Liz had no idea why anyone would come to her to get to Max.

Max looked around then, as if just now realizing where he was, and that there was another person there. “Can we go outside?” Liz hesitated a moment before nodding and leading Max out the back door, behind the building, where they could be alone. “Look, I just wanna make sure nobody’s been hassling you or anything.”

“Max, we broke up. Nobody’s hassled me in a long time.” Max nodded sadly. Liz tried not to let that get to her. “What kind of story did the reporter want, Max?”

“He said that he had gotten a hold of some pictures.”

“What kind of pictures?”

Max frowned. “You know what kind.” It then became clear.

“Pictures of you?” she asked meekly.

“And you.”

Liz shook her head, her cheeks burning up in embarrassment and anger. Through her grinding teeth she asked slowly, “Where did he get those pictures, Max? And most importantly, why, WHY, are there pictures, Max?!”

“The pictures came from the cameras.”

“What cameras?”

“You knew there were cameras all over the house. I was terrified of burglars,” he replied.

“In your bedroom?” she whispered sinfully.

Max’s tone didn’t change. “Yeah, in the bedrooms, in the bathrooms, everywhere.”

“The bathrooms, Max?!” Liz couldn’t believe that the entire time she was in his house, she was being watched.

Max shot her a cocky grin and raked his eyes over her body. “Oh please, Princess, it’s nothing I haven’t seen before.” Liz shrank inwardly at the way he had just said that. It made her feel like she was seventeen again, and wanting his approval. It made her angry. Liz was seething and Max knew it. He softened his tone, using the voice he only ever reserved for her. “Look, I’m sorry. Most of that stuff is deleted as soon as it’s recorded. You know that I would never spy on you.”

Liz’s anger almost melted away at his sweet tone. A tone she hadn’t heard in so long. But she had another question. “Okay, but we parted ways five years ago. Why did that footage still exist?” She watched Max blush and knew the answer. Her hands came up to her mouth and she answered her own question. “Oh my god, you watch them.”

He spoke quickly, wanting her to understand. “I just like to remember. To remember what it was like when we were together...and happy. I just like to remember.”

“And now, because of your fascination with memories...” Max winced at her sarcastic tone. “Those memories are in the wrong hands.”

“Look, there is something we can do to make this go away.”

We?

“He’s a reporter. He wants a story. He wants you and I to get together and make a movie.”

“A movie about what?”

“About us. Our story. Scripted.”

TBC...
Last edited by Luzser1800 on Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:41 am, edited 43 times in total.
Luzser1800
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Luzser1800 »

AN: WOW!!!!!!!!!! This is crazy, dudes! I can't believe that I have all this feedback from this little, teensy, tiny bit of a prologue! Was it that good?! Jeez! Ok, I wanted to hold out on you guys, but Mmcherron said that if I didn't post this chapter that she would reach across the map...and kill me. I swear it...she really said that! :P But anywaz...I'll let you guys read this next chapter...but only because I'm too young to die! :wink:

CHAPTER 1

Liz’s eyes were wide when she said, “Max, you and I both know that we can’t do that. The things that would get out...it could ruin your career.”

“If we don’t do it he’ll do his own story...the way he wants to write it. And I can guarantee it won’t be pretty,” Max chuckled, trying to lighten the mood.

Liz didn’t crack a smile, though. “It won’t be pretty if we tell it either, Max. Our relationship was not exactly the Cinderella story the media turned it into.”

“I know that,” he grimaced. “But at least if we tell it...we’ll know that it’s the truth. And personally, I’d rather tell the truth than allow some tabloid to print lies about us...about you.”

Liz’s gaze softened at his concern for her. She understood where Max was coming from, and why he would want to accept the deal, but she wasn’t sure she could go down memory lane with Max again. It was hard enough living through it once, but to have to relive every moment so that the whole world would know about it...Liz wasn’t exactly sure she’d be able to handle it.

Max watched the emotions dance across her face and he gently took her small hand. “It’s gonna be okay. The plan is simple. We tell our side, make a little profit,” his smile was small, “and then you never have to see me again.” Liz looked into his amber eyes, doing her best not to fall into their warmth, and nodded. She could do this. No problem.

Max finally left, trying to get her to come with him, before finally understanding that he didn’t own the place and she couldn’t just leave whenever she wanted to. He told her he would pick her up from work later that day.

Liz was now sitting down with Tess at a small café for their lunch break. The whole office had been buzzing with the news that Max Evans had been, not only in their small town, but also in their even tinier office. And he and Liz Parker, resident nobody, had been talking behind the office building like they had known each other for years.

“Okay,” Tess started. “What is up with this news about you and Max Evans? And how come you never told me you knew him?!”

“You never asked,” Liz said unaffected as she took a bite of her salad.

Tess’s mouth dropped open. “I shouldn’t have to ask! That’s something you should tell everyone you meet within the first five minutes!” Liz rolled her eyes and Tess continued. “Okay, so how close were you guys?”

Liz looked up from her plate. “We dated for a little while.”

“How long is a little while?”

“Three years.” Liz poked at the olives in her salad.

“What happened?” The screeching was gone from Tess’s voice now, replaced with true curiosity.

“It didn’t work out.”

It didn’t work out?” Tess repeated. “How does dating Max Evans not work out?”

Liz blew out a breath. “See, this is why I don’t tell people about him. They always ask me if I’m a complete moron for not staying with him.” Tess sympathized, kicking herself mentally for acting that way and upsetting her co-worker. “But what people fail to realize...is that there is a reason we broke up.”

“Well what was the reason?” Tess knew she was prying, but when you find out that a girl you worked with for the past two years had this whole other amazing life before she even met you, it’s hard not to burn with curiosity about it.

“I don’t really want to talk about it.”

Tess nodded in understanding, not wanting to press Liz for details when the subject obviously distressed her. Tess decided to try a different question, hoping it would be taken well. “What was it like?” Liz looked up into her eyes, and Tess clarified. “Being with him?”

A wistful smile began to form on Liz’s face as she went back in time for the moment. “In the beginning...it was...amazing. He was so perfect. He was everything you’d ever imagine he’d be and more.” The smile turned upside down as Liz fast-forwarded in her mind. “But near the end...it was...scary.”

Tess’s eyes grew wide. She had no idea that being with a celebrity could have been so harsh for a young girl. Her eyes grew even wider when she suddenly looked at Liz in complete recognition. “I remember you.”

“What?” Liz asked, not understanding.

“The MTV Movie Awards...way back..must’ve been...five years ago, right?” Liz nodded. She now knew what Tess was talking about. That night had definitely been burned into her memory. “Chris Rock pulled you and Max on stage. He wanted the whole world to meet Max’s girlfriend and then made you guys kiss. You looked so embarrassed, but it was so funny,” Tess laughed.

Liz began to smile. “Yeah, I remember. I was embarrassed. You have no idea what it feels like to be standing in front of all those people chanting at you to kiss the guy next to you.”

“You looked so different, all glamoured up like a star.” Tess’s smile faded. “So, then you guys must have broken up just a few weeks after that night, huh?”

Liz’s brain suddenly spiraled out and into another time.

“I’m so sorry, baby,” he whispered pleadingly as he cried into her lap. “I’m so sorry, Liz.” She cried brokenly, holding his head in her lap, stroking her fingers through his hair. “Liz...Liz...”

“Liz!”

Liz snapped back to present day and just nodded. “Yeah, something like that.” The girls went back to their lunch, not really talking through the rest of it.

When Liz finished work that day, Max was leaning against his black Porsche 911, waiting on her, just like he said he would be. He was looking around the parking lot, twirling his key chain on his finger. He had on a backwards baseball cap and his sunglasses, despite the sun having gone down already. Liz giggled out loud, catching his attention. “What?” he asked her as he opened the passenger side door for her.

“Sunglasses at night. How very eighties of you.” She giggled again and he smiled.

“What do you want? I’m trying to be inconspicuous.” He slid into the driver’s seat and started the engine. He looked over at her, gave her a wink, and sped out of the parking lot at the speed of light. Luckily, Liz only lived down the street, and he didn’t have enough time to kill her. She remembered being in this car as a teenager, and how whenever Max would speed around in it, how it would light her senses on fire and make her feel like she was flying as the wind whipped through her hair. Now, though, it only served to make her sick.

Her fingers were white as they gripped the dash board when he finally came into the parking lot of her apartment building. He stopped the car, and looked over at her pale face, and wanted to laugh, but he didn’t. “You okay?”

“Uh-huh,” she said as she watched him get out of his side and run around to her side. She had been with him long enough to know not to touch that door handle next to her. He helped her out and followed her up the stairs and into her apartment. When she closed the door behind them, she threw her keys down on the coffee table.

Max took in his surroundings, a little disturbed by what he was seeing. There was a coffee table in front of a small couch. She had a small 25 inch TV and she didn’t even have a kitchen table. He briefly wondered if she had a bed. “Something wrong?” she asked when she saw his expression.

“No,” he replied quickly. He didn’t want her to know what he was thinking. He wanted to know how she could go from living a lifestyle with him, to living in this tiny apartment that didn’t even have a kitchen table. She didn’t own a car either. She had told him that earlier, when he had promised to pick her up from work. He didn’t necessarily feel sorry for her, because he knew this was all her choice, but he wished he could help her out without offending her. He bit his tongue to keep from saying anything, because he knew this girl too well, and she wouldn’t want to hear it.

“You want some coffee?” Before Max had a change to reply, Liz whispered, “Shit!”

“What?”

“I forgot to pick up milk on the way home.”

“Oh, do you want me to...”

“No, you stay here. It’s just across the street, I’ll get it.” She backed out the door, looking a little uneasy about letting him stay in her apartment while she was gone, but eventually sighed and left him there.

Max decided this was his opportunity to see what had been happening with her over the years they had been apart. He went snooping around, and found her bedroom. It was nothing to fret about. Just a double bed in a tiny room with a small closet. He went to her closet and began to run his fingers over her clothing, remembering what that clothing had felt like underneath his touch while it was wrapped around her body. At first, he saw nothing unusual, but just as he was about to leave the closet, a glimmer caught his eye.

He pushed back most of her clothes on the rack and found the very back of the closet. A gorgeous shimmering red dress came into plain sight. It sparkled as he touched it, changing the position of the light on the beads of the dress. He could still remember the last time he had seen her in it. The 2000 MTV Movie Awards. He had fucked up big time that night. That night had been the beginning of the end for them. He shook his head, and moved that dress out of the way, coming to another beautiful dress, and another one, and another one still.

The dresses were all there, every single one he had bought her. Every single event they had ever attended where she had dressed up was inside this little closet, and the dresses still looked as beautiful as the first time he had picked them out for her. Every single one had been hand-picked by him and him alone. They had been molded to perfection to fit Liz’s figure. No one would ever be able to wear them again unless they had Liz’s exact measurements, and Max was glad. He didn’t need to see those dresses...those memories...on another body. He briefly wondered why she hadn’t sold the dresses to make ends meet, but his thoughts were interrupted when she cleared her throat behind him.

He turned, flushed and embarrassed at having been caught snooping. “I see you found them. They’re the only thing tangible I have left between the two of us.”

“Why do you keep them when you obviously wish you could forget?” Max asked, suddenly growing mad at her.

She looked right into his eyes and said sadly, “Sometimes I like to remember, too.”

"What have you been doing?" Max asked.

"I've been going to school to become a paralegal. Just a few classes on the weekends. It's all I really have time for right now with work." Max nodded, glad that she was finally doing what she had always planned on.

“How have you been?” Liz asked, as her and Max sat on the couch. It was a simple question, but Max heard the underlying meaning.

“I’ve been clean almost five years.”

“That’s good. I’m glad for you. Nice to know that you stopped after I left.” Her jaw clenched.

“Liz...after you left, I locked myself in a room for a week. I couldn’t eat...I couldn’t sleep. All I wanted to do was erase that past year. I stopped everything thinking that maybe, just maybe, if I could stay clean for one more day, one more week, one more month, that you’d come back to me.” Liz lowered her gaze. “You never did come back, though. When I realized that it was really over...I almost relapsed.” Liz looked into his eyes, wanting to cry for the pain they had put each other through. “But I didn’t. I stayed clean and I've been in therapy and I’ll never again be where I was back then.”

“I’m happy for you, Max. I really am. All I ever wanted was for you to be happy.” Max nodded, even though he was sure she didn’t understand that making him happy was just being with him. Liz decided to lighten the mood and steered their brains towards something else to talk about. “So, what’s the deal with this movie?”

“He wants twenty percent of the profit.” Liz snorted in amusement. Max smiled. “That’s exactly what I said. I told him fifteen.”

“If it was up to me, I’d give him five.”

“It is up to you. How about we go with ten percent as a happy medium?” Liz nodded. “Can you get out of work for a little while?”

“I do have some vacation time I haven’t taken yet. Are we going to L.A.?”

“Yeah,” Max said. “We have to get with the writers. We tell them the story, they write it down, and we have the final say in the script.” Liz nodded, thankful for that. “I also managed to finagle my way into the casting meetings.” Liz was impressed.

“You always had good management skills.”

“So, the way I figure it...you can choose who gets to play me, and I can choose who gets to play you.” He smiled widely and a dastardly picture of a buxom blonde came into her head. When Max saw her eyes grow in fear, he reassured her. “Don’t worry. I promise she’ll be worthy.” Liz was visibly relieved. “You just make sure that the other actor is worthy of me.”

“I promise,” Liz said without another thought. “So where are you staying tonight?” Liz decided to turn the conversation is a different direction.

“The Ritz. It’s about ten miles from here.”

“Yeah, I know where it is.” Liz shouldn’t have really expected anything else. Max Evans only ever stayed in the best hotels. Max got up from the couch then, assuming that she was finished with him. “Where are you going?”

“I figured we were done so...”

“Oh,” Liz nodded. “Yeah! I guess we are done for the night. I’ll go to work tomorrow and talk to my boss about that vacation time.” She got up and followed him to the door. He opened the door and stood in the doorway facing her, just looking at her. She grew a little self-conscious. “What?” she asked, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

“You’re just as beautiful as the last time I saw you.” He couldn’t help himself. He had to tell her. There were way too many times in the past that he wished he had told her just that, and never had. He wished he could make up for them, but he knew Liz would never allow it. And he wouldn’t push his luck.

Liz blushed, remembering another time he had told her that. “Thank you,” she said softly and watched him smile, remembering the moment as well.

He turned around, checking over his shoulder. “I’ll pick you up from work tomorrow. We’ll have to drive back because I am not leaving my Porsche here.” Liz nodded and closed the door behind him. She listened at the door to his footsteps walking away. A single tear fell on her cheek as she pushed back the memories that wanted to flood her brain.

TBC...

P.S. I wish I could reply to everyone, but I will promise this: All of your questions will be answered in due time. And I hope the first chapter lived up to everyone's expectations...as I hope the entire story does.
Luzser1800
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Luzser1800 »

AN: Thank you all for all the wonderful feedback.

And ELLIE, you're absolutely correct, I said "cum-guzzling gutter slut." And I promise to say it again, as soon as I can figure out where to fit it in there. :) And you have a happy holiday, too.

And as far as all the otherfeedbackers and lurkers out there, feel freeto tell me how you really feel.

I'm on Vacay for the holidays, so the next few updates will be not as close together.

Lynda

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

CHAPTER 2

Liz couldn’t believe she was in this town again. She hadn’t seen the streets of Los Angeles in years, and it was far too soon. In all the time she had tried to distance herself from Max, she had steered clear of anything and everything reminding her of him. It was hard enough to forget him when his name was always in the media with his new films coming out. Blockbuster after blockbuster, and Max Evans was in every single one of them. He always played the bad boy, too. Liz was one of the few who even had a clue as why he was so good in those roles. Critics called him the James Dean of the new generation. No matter what film he would be starring in next, he always had a huge fan-base that would follow him anywhere.

Liz had originally been nervous about sharing a small car ride with Max for all those hours, but ultimately, she had known it would have to be done, and she just wanted to get this experience over with as soon as possible. She hadn’t been happy about sharing the hotel with him last night either, but at least it had two beds. The sleep had been invigorating. She hadn’t slept in such a nice bed in five years. She followed Max into the Hard Rock Café, where he told her they would be meeting the scriptwriter.

A tall, lanky guy with glasses stood up when Max and Liz approached the table. “Mr. Evans, Ms. Parker. It’s good to meet you.” Max and Liz shook his hand and sat down. “My name’s Alex Whitman. I’m working for Mr. X. I’ll be writing the script.” Liz automatically assumed that Mr. X was the guy who had approached Max in the first place about this.

“By yourself?” Max asked, unsure of him.

Alex nodded. “Is there a problem, Mr. Evans?”

“You just seem a little young.”

“Well, I’m still new in the business.” Max began to shake his head, but Alex was quicker. “You have nothing to worry about, Mr. Evans. I swear I’ll do the story sweet justice. And in the end...you guys have the final say, so...”

Liz could see that Max was still a little uneasy. She put her hand on his arm. “Thank you, Alex. I’m sure we won’t regret having you write for us.” She gave Max a look that told him she had a good feeling about this and he relaxed.

Alex smiled widely. “Thank you, Ms. Parker. Well, I guess the first place to start would be with some notes, but we should really get out of here. We don’t want unauthorized ears to hear what you guys are about to tell me.” Max and Liz agreed with Alex and went with him to an undisclosed location, a.k.a., an old warehouse, on the outskirts of Los Angeles, and ushered them inside, closing up the big metal doors behind them.

Inside the warehouse, there were already some chairs set up with a table. A tape recorder sat on the table, and everyone took seats around the table. Alex interlaced his fingers and stretched them out, getting a satisfying loud crunch as his knuckles cracked. He pulled out his pencil and writing tablet, and started the tape recorder. He smiled at them and asked, “Are you guys ready?” When they both nodded, he said, “Why don’t we just start from the beginning. How did the two of you meet?”

December 1997

It was freezing outside, and Liz couldn’t believe she let Maria talk her into this horrible plan. It was never going to work. “Come on,” Maria whispered, waving her hand. Liz entered the hotel through the back door. Maria had said it would be open, but Liz hadn’t actually believed her until now. They went through the halls quietly, listening at random doors.

When Maria had mentioned this plan earlier, it had made more sense. Max Evans, the hottest guy on the planet, was in Roswell, New Mexico, filming his second movie. Liz was his biggest fan. His face was plastered all over her bedroom walls, and Liz would even go so far as to say she may have been a little obsessed with him. So, when she had found out from a few internet sources that he would be in her town, filming a new movie, she had done her best to just get a glimpse of him.

Unfortunately, though, the set was highly guarded, and she hadn’t seen him once. So when Maria had told her about this swanky hotel that she knew Katie Holmes had stayed in once or twice, and claimed that Max Evans would probably be staying there too, they decided to head over there tonight and listen at doors to see if they could recognize his voice. The plan had sounded plausible earlier, but now, as Liz held her ear to a door on one side of the hallway while Maria did the same on the other side, Liz felt like an idiot.

Even if this worked, for instance, and Liz did recognize Max’s voice, what the hell was she going to do about it? Knock?! This was such a stupid idea! “I hear something,” Maria whispered loud enough for Liz to hear.

“Hey!” A strong male voice came from the other side of the hallway and Maria and Liz turned to see a guy in uniform coming towards them. He could have a been a bellboy or a manager, neither one of them could be sure. “What do you kids think you’re doing?!” Maria and Liz looked at each other frightfully, back at the guy who had caught them, back at each other...and booked down the hall as fast as their legs could take them. The sight of Maria running was comical, really, with her big jacket and scarf making her hobble more than run. Liz was able to run a lot faster, considering she was only wearing a black hooded sweatshirt and small black gloves.

Liz could faintly hear the man’s footsteps grow quicker as he tried to catch up to them. When Maria and Liz reached the end of the hallway, they both took opposite directions, hoping to throw this guy off their trail. Liz found some stairs and ran down them, before finally finding an exit door and ran out into the snow. She ran another hundred yards or so, before finally stopping to catch her breathe. She hadn’t seen Maria when she had come racing outside the hotel, but then, Liz was sure Maria would find her way home. They had walked there, after all.

Liz looked around her, into the dark night, and decided to make the cold trek back to her house. She faintly realized that it was past one in the morning and she was only fifteen years old. She had snuck out of the house with Maria. Normally, she was a good girl, but when it came to meeting Max Evans, she found herself making bad decisions. Well...Max Evans and Maria DeLuca combined, that is.

Her mind wandered off as she walked, anything to stop thinking about how cold it was. She hadn’t been walking long, her head down, when she hit something...literally. And it knocked her flat on her ass. The hard body that had crashed into her was that of a guy. He began spewing apologies as fast as he could. “Oh shit! I’m so sorry!” He reached his arm down to help pull her up and Liz slapped his hand away rudely.

She looked right into his eyes and said, “Don’t you watch where the fuck you’re going?!”

Max was utterly shocked into silence. She hadn’t recognized him. He couldn’t believe it. He had on a jacket and a hat covering his eyes, and it may have even been dark...but she hadn’t recognized him. He couldn’t help himself. Her sharp tongue made him smile. She got off the ground on her own, and began to brush the snow off her jeans. “I really am sorry. Here...let me walk you home.”

“What for?” The acid remarks did not stop, and it made Max smile again. He liked it for some reason. His voice remained calm and his smile stayed put.

“Well, it’s pretty cold, kinda late...and I’m a little nervous out here all by myself.” Max couldn’t believe it when he watched her angry expression turn into a small smile. He thought her smile was beautiful.

Liz figured the only way to get this kid to disappear would be to let him walk her home. And it didn’t hurt that he was kinda cute. “Come on,” she said, trying to sound agitated. He fell into step beside her and they walked back to her house.

It normally wouldn’t have taken so long for her to get home, especially when it was this cold out, but for some reason, their steps were slow. They talked about a lot of things. He told her he was from Minnesota and would only be in town for a short time. She told him about her father dying of a heart attack a few years ago. Liz found out that he and her were the same age, and that while Liz attended the local high school, he was home-schooled. The whole walk home, they talked about little things, but Max never once mentioned his name, and Liz didn’t even think to ask. There was something about him that made Liz wish he would be around longer, but Liz had no idea what it was. The walk home took nearly an hour, and when they finally reached her doorstep it was rounding two in the morning.

“This is it,” Liz stopped walking when they got to her door.

Max was reluctant to leave, but he knew he couldn’t really stay. It was late and he had to get back to the hotel. “Ummm...” he started to talk, but his mouth wouldn’t work. This had never been a problem for him before. He was an actor, after all. But this girl took the words out of his mouth. “Well, I guess...I’ll see ya around.”

Liz nodded and began to turn the doorknob. She stopped suddenly and turned around. “Wait!” He turned back around quickly, more than happy to be in her presence just a little longer. “What’s your name?”

He walked up to her, deciding he may as well take the opportunity as it came to him. He stared deep into her eyes. “I’ll tell you...if you let me kiss you first.”

Liz smiled and felt butterflies twisting her stomach into knots. She nodded shyly and he leaned in and gave her the softest, sweetest, fireworks and Hollywood kiss. Everyone should be kissed like that at least once in their lifetime. Liz knew at that moment, that she would do anything, she wanted him so much.

Max was feeling things, too. Max had kissed other girls before, but that kiss...that kiss had set his nerves on fire. When he finally pulled back, his eyes glazed over, and he took off his hat so slowly, Liz nearly fell over.

“Max Evans,” he said softly and Liz’s eyes grew wide and her mouth fell open. Max reared back, wincing. “You gonna scream now?”

Liz finally let out a breath and said sarcastically, “Well, the moment’s kind of over now, don’t you think?” He smiled and she smiled back.

“Can I see you again?” Liz nodded, and he smiled again. “How about I swing by tomorrow?”

“That sounds good.” Max nodded and watched Liz turn the doorknob again. “Bye...Max.” Liz said, as if trying his name out for the first time. She went inside and he threw his head back and smiled. Everything was perfect.
Last edited by Luzser1800 on Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Luzser1800
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Luzser1800 »

CHAPTER 3

“Wow,” Alex said as he sat back, taking in their first encounter. He grinned at Max. “What were you doing out there, Max?”

“I was walking around, trying to clear my head. I needed some air.”

Alex accepted that, and asked, “You wanted a kiss first?”

“Hey!” Max defended. “I wanted to kiss her, and I wanted her to kiss me when she had no idea who I was. I wanted to be sure when she was kissing me it was because she liked me, and not the guy on TV. And when I caught the look on her face when I told her who I was, I knew she was sincere.”

“You really didn’t recognize him, Liz?”

Liz shook her head and bit her lip. “I really didn’t know who he was.”

“But you said he looked familiar, right?” Alex asked.

“Yeah, but I couldn’t place him. I guess I was only half shocked that he turned out to be the guy of my dreams.”

Max chuckled, “The guy of your dreams.”

“Shut up,” Liz nudged him. Alex watched their playfulness and the way they were so comfortable around each other. He wondered how such a sweet beginning could have gone wrong. He wanted to find out more.

“So, then what happened?”

“Well, Max was only shooting there for another month before the film had to go to another location, so we spent that whole month together, as much as we could. And I was definitely falling for him, but then...”

December 1997

“I can’t believe you’re leaving tomorrow,” Liz mumbled into his jacket. They were standing in the driveway of her house, holding each other after their date to the movies. Max had taken her to see Titanic, and after crying like a baby in the movie theater, now Liz was about to start up all over again. “I wish you didn’t have to go.” Christmas was just around the corner and Max was leaving. This Christmas was the worst for Liz. Max squeezed her tighter.

“We’ll see each other again.”

Liz wanted to believe him, but she wasn’t sure if she could. He would be off making movies and she would still be in Roswell, wanting him back. She tried to stay upbeat though. “Sure...of course we will.”

Max heard the dejected tone and lifted her chin with his fingers. “Hey...” He looked into her eyes and leaned down to give her a soft kiss. He held her red cheeks in his palms, rubbing with his thumbs to help with the cold, and just to keep touching her. His tongue slipped inside her warm mouth, and their icy noses rubbed together.

“I can’t believe I’m making out with Max Evans,” she giggled into his mouth. He pulled back with a smile. She had been making that joke the entire month, and he knew she was only doing it now to lighten the mood.

Max became serious. “Listen, there’s something I wanted to talk to you about.” Liz nodded for him to continue. “Maybe we should...agree to not let this be...” Liz didn’t understand what he wanted from her. Agree to what, exactly? Then, Max seemed to get up the nerve and blurted out, “Maybe we should just keep this nonexclusive.”

Liz was stunned, but she didn’t know why. She hadn’t really expected that Max Evans would be her boyfriend, had she? “Sure,” she said, doing her best to keep a smile even though her heart was shattering.

“It’s just that,” Max licked his lips. “I don’t want to have to be worrying who you’re with and I don’t want you to be here waiting on me. It’s not fair. I can’t be a real boyfriend to you when I’m never around.” Liz nodded, her smiling slowly falling. He took her back into his arms. “I promise I’ll call. I’ll call you all the time.” Liz tried to smile, but it wasn’t happening.

When the porch light came on, she knew it was time for her to go. “I have to go.” Max nodded, taking her chin between his fingers and kissing her lips again, tasting her, trying to fill up on her for all the time he would be away from her.

Liz kissed him back just as vigorously. She needed something to hold onto as well. Something to remember him now that she was sure she’d never hear from him again. She held him as close as she could get him. When the porch light began to blink on and off, Liz knew she’d have to let him go.

Max held her hand, touching her outstretched fingers until the last possible moment, until she was gone. He sighed loudly. He hadn’t wanted to do that, but he knew it was for the best. Liz was a beautiful girl, and more than likely she would meet someone when he wasn’t around. He’d rather let her go now, before he fell any harder for her. He walked back to his hotel with his head down the whole way, wondering how the hell he was going to go on without her next to him.

“Why did you want to be nonexclusive?” Alex asked.

“For the exact reason I told her. I couldn’t be a good boyfriend. I was constantly moving, and when I was stuck in one place, I didn’t have any time to myself really. I knew that I wanted to see her again, and I knew that I would see her again, but I didn’t want her waiting by the phone for me and wasting her life waiting for the few moments we could get together.”

“Did you know you would see him again?” Alex asked.

“Hell no!” Liz replied. “I thought that was it for us.” Alex nodded. “But you can bet your ass I waited by the phone for him to call.”

“For how long?” Alex asked.

“Months,” Liz replied sadly. She could still remember what it felt like when she felt that he had truly forgotten about her. Her mother had commented on her not eating, and had tried to tell her numerous times to get on with her life and forget about Max Evans. But how could Liz possibly forget him, when he was all she had ever wanted?

“Did you date other guys?”

Liz shook her head slowly. “How could I? I didn’t want any other guys.”

“What about you, Max? What were those months in-between like for you?” Alex put his pen to his pad, waiting for Max’s reply.

They were interrupted, though, when another man and woman came through a small door in the side of the warehouse. Max stood up. “Michael?”

“Maria?” Liz stood as well. “What are you guys doing here?”

“We both got phone calls telling us to meet you guys here. We’re a part of this story, too, you know.” He winked at Max while Maria smiled her encouragement at Liz, and then they all began to relay what happened during Max and Liz’s time apart.

March 1998

Baby, when we’re grinding
I get so excited
Ooh, how I like it
I try but I can’t fight it
Oh, you’re dancing real close
Cuz it’s real, real slow
(You know what you’re doing, don’t you)
You’re making it hard for me

Currently, Max Evans was doing just as the song suggested. He was grinding heavily into the cute blonde dancing with him. Dancing, ha! More like dry-humping on the dance floor. His hands ran down her back, cupping her buttocks in his palms, squeezing, and she pushed closer to him if possible.

All the songs on you requested
You’re dancing like you’re naked
Oh, it’s almost like we’re sexing (oh yeah)
Yeah boo, I like it
No, I can’t deny it
But I know you can tell
I’m excited, oh girl

Max put his lips against the girl’s ear. “You want me, don’t you?” She nodded hastily and he smiled. He took her hand and all but dragged her through the large hotel room to the bedroom. He closed the door behind them, knowing that they wouldn’t be heard over the music.

Step back, you’re dancing kinda close
I feel a little poke coming through
On you

Michael watched Max leave the room with his latest victim. He shook his head with a smile. If the tabloids could see him now, they would have a field day. Michael went back to watching the party, making sure no one had seen Max leave. Everything looked good, so Michael just stayed where he was, half-watching the door to the bedroom and half-watching the room.

Now girl, I know you felt it
But boo, you know I can’t help it
You know what I wanna do

Michael Guerin was Max’s right hand man. He was Max’s personal assistant and best friend. He knew Max Evans inside and out. Sometimes, Michael thought he knew Max better than Max knew himself. Michael remembered the cute brunette Max had brought around when they were in Roswell, and briefly wondered if she had gotten those flowers Max had asked him to send out for her.

Baby, us dancing so close
Ain’t a good idea
Cuz I’m a want you now and here
The way that you shake it on me
Makes me want you so bad, sexually
Oh girl

Two days ago, Max had asked Michael to send Liz two dozen white roses, and Michael had done it that day. Max had told Michael to make the card read:

To My Girl,
I’ll see you soon,
Love,
Max

Michael knew that they would be in Nevada in a few days, and knew that Max had every intention of seeing her while he was there. Michael wondered if the girl knew exactly what kind of relationship her and Max had right now. But, then, Michael would never judge Max. They were best friends, and besides, Max had claimed that the brunette knew exactly where she stood.

Now girl, I know you felt it
But boo, you know I can’t help it
You know what I wanna do

Just then, the blonde came out of the bedroom, pulling up her dress strap, and huffing like she was thoroughly pissed off. Max followed soon after and went straight to Michael’s side. “That was quick,” Michael laughed.

Max grinned. “She wasn’t good enough.” He laughed heartily and grabbed a beer. “You sent those flowers right?”

“You know it. Who is this girl, anyway?”

Max’s eyes were trained on his cup when he said, “Someone special.”

I love it when you shake it like that, ah, ah, ah
I see that you like it like that, oh, oh, oh
I love when you shake it like that, ah, ah, ah
I see that you like it like that, oh, oh, oh
Next - Too Close

Roswell, New Mexico

“Did you see the flowers he sent me, Maria?” Liz was giddy with excitement.

“Of course, I saw them, Liz! Ya know when I suggested that plan, I had no idea I was such a genius!”

“Oh, what ever!” Liz rolled her eyes. “Max wasn’t even staying in that hotel!”

“Yes, but if I hadn’t suggested the plan, you never would have met him, now would you?”

“And I’ve thanked you, like, a million times, haven’t I?”

“Yes, you have. But I still like hearing it And to think, the whole time you were sucking face with Max Evans, I was walking my dumb butt home when I figured out we had lost each other.”

They laughed together and Liz said, “I can’t believe he’s actually coming here!”

“Liz, you act like you’ll be meeting him for the first time.”

“It’s been three months, and I just miss him so much.”

“When’s he coming?” Maria asked.

“I’m not sure, exactly. The card just says Soon.”

“Well, can’t you call him and ask?”

“I don’t have his phone number,” Liz said as if it wasn’t a big deal.

“How do you not have his phone number? He’s your boyfriend, isn’t he?”

“No! We’re not exclusive.”

Maria shook her head in disbelief. “But still, how do you not have his phone number?”

Liz shrugged her shoulders. “He just said that he’s afraid it could get out and then he’d have to change his number anyway.”

“In other words, he doesn’t trust you?” Maria was not liking this situation.

“Maria,” Liz said in that tone that told Maria to drop it. Maria didn’t know if she should be happy for Liz or not. Liz couldn’t honestly be asked to wait around for some guy to come calling. But then, Maria was glad that Liz was no longer slouching around and being miserable. “It’s coming on!”

Liz changed the channel to HBO and watched the credits come onto the screen. It was Max Evans’ latest flick, and Maria still couldn’t understand why they were watching it...AGAIN. Liz already had it on tape. She shrugged her shoulders, just glad to have her friend back.
Luzser1800
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Luzser1800 »

AN: Okay, first off, I just want to thank everyone for their wonderful thoughts on the story so far. Please keep it coming, as it is the only reason I shall continue to write. Now, for a little response to some feedback:
1) Emz80m - Yes, Liz is quite pathetic, isn't she? And I'm glad you & c_which commented on that because that is exactly what I want you to see in our sweet innocent Lizzy for the moment.

2) Ellie - Lol. I luv reading your feedback. So funny! And I am glad that you liked their first encounter, and that even tho u still have suspcions, that u will come along with me anyway and see where i take this. And my favorite insult shall bite someone in the ass sometime soon, nut once again, thanx for riding! I hope u don't fall off anytime soon.

3) Roswell 10/2/00 - I am so glad I can take you back to the good ole days of 98, I loved them myself. And, I too, saw Titanic 5 times and cried like a baby. So, you're welcome for that.

As for the rest of you...some of you r really digging, and, unfortunately, i can't give you guys any answers yet, or else it will spoil the story.

And one more big thanx to Mmcherron for her help as my excellent beta.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

CHAPTER 4

“No fun for you, huh?” Alex asked Liz, sympathetically. Liz was upset about Max’s endeavors while she was stuck at home pining over him. Max didn’t look all too proud of himself either.

“I knew about it, I just...” It was one thing to hear about his latest flings on Entertainment Tonight, and it was another thing entirely to have him spelling it out for her. Liz always felt that the real reason he didn’t want to be exclusive with her was because he wanted to see other people. No matter how many times he had claimed that she was the only one, Liz never really felt like the only one.

“At the time, I felt like...ya know, I was young, I was sixteen. I didn’t want to be tied down with a commitment. I knew in my heart that Liz was the girl for me, but I was having fun. I don’t really know how else to explain it.” Max bit his tongue to keep from saying anything more.

“Maybe it was because you could have any girl you wanted and you weren’t thinking about anyone else’s feelings beside your own,” Liz bit out.

Max hung his head in shame. Liz was right and he knew it. He hadn’t been thinking about her feelings at all.

Alex felt the tension get higher and cleared his throat to interrupt the dead silence. “Why don’t take a little break before we move on to the next time you guys saw each other.”

Everyone agreed and Liz finally pulled Maria over to the side. “Okay, do you want to explain to me why a shopping trip allowed you give away my hiding place?”

“Liz, calm down, sweetie,” Maria smoothed her hair like a doting mother. “I know you’re pissed, but listen. When Max told me the reason he needed to find you, I jumped at the opportunity. He wouldn’t have even had to have taken me shopping, but I needed jeans.” Maria laughed and Liz scowled. Maria rolled her eyes and continued. “Look, the way I see it, the world deserves to know who Max Evans really is. And if he’s willing to put his career in jeopardy, then I say let him.”

“Well, why couldn’t he do it himself?”

“Because it was your life too, Liz, and I’ll be damned if he gets to tell his side only. And besides all of that...I think this is the only way you’ll be able to let go of him. It’ll be therapeutic, babe. So, get your butt back out there, and tell your side.” Liz took a deep breath, and went to sit back down.

March 1998

Knock! Knock!

Max rapped his knuckles on the door. He looked up and down the street. It was pretty empty. He had his brand new black Porsche 911 convertible parked in their driveway. Michael was in the front seat, waiting on him. He couldn’t wait to show it to Liz and take her for a ride. So, here he was, in front of her door, and knocking.

The door opened to Liz’s mother. “Max,” she said, surprised.

He flashed her a smile. “Is Liz here?”

“Max, do you know what time it is?”

He was confused at first, then he checked his gold Rolex. “Eleven thirty?” It was more of a question than a statement.

Nancy nodded, looking at him as if he should know what that means. When she realized he was clueless, she sighed. “School, Max!”

“Oh!” Max finally understood. “I’m sorry to bother you, Ms. Parker.” He went to leave but her voice stopped him when she called his name. He turned back to her.

She hesitated, her hand hovering over her chest while Max waited for her. “Be careful with her, Max. You have no idea how she feels about you.”

Max grinned at her. “Oh, I think I have an idea.” He put his sunglasses back on and hopped back into his car, peeling away.

He found the school pretty easily, the town wasn’t that big. It looked pretty empty. He checked his watch again and figured that lunch should be happening soon. “You do realize that you have to be on set tomorrow morning, right? And it’s an eleven hour drive back.”

“Michael, chill!” Max shook his head, growing irritated. Max was well aware that he’d have to make the long trip back, but right now, he just wanted to see her face. He crept the car slowly past the quad. He looked around, but he didn’t see her. He caught sight of a bobbing blonde head, though. A smile lit his face when he remembered her. He didn’t think he’d ever forget that chick. She was way too bubbly to be forgotten.

Maria was walking out of the double doors into the quad for lunch when a honking horn caught her attention. She looked over towards the sound. It wasn’t hard to miss the sleek black sports car in the parking lot. Most kids that went to her high school didn’t own a car like that. She walked closer to see who was in it, and she caught sight of those dark sunglasses and that cocky grin.

She shook her head slowly, figuring that this was the moment Liz had been waiting for. She looked around, but didn’t see Liz yet. She walked over to the car, and Michael took a long look at her swinging hips. He caught Max smirking at him, and Maria leaned her head inside Michael’s window. “What’s up, Max?” she asked casually.

“Where’s Liz?” He continued to scan the grounds for her.

“She’s stuck in Bio, the teacher needed to talk to her.” Michael grumbled. “She’ll be out in a minute. You taking her away?”

Max smiled, “Just for a little while. I promise I’ll bring her back in one piece.”

“Great,” Maria muttered under her breath.

Just then, Liz came walking out of the double doors. She looked around for Maria, when she caught sight of the Porsche. Liz tried to play it cool, just walking closer to him, slowly. Her heart pounded inside her chest and she felt like the butterflies would burst out of her stomach if she didn’t touch him soon, but on the exterior, she remained calm.

Max got out of the car to meet her halfway, playing her cool game. When they met in the parking lot, Liz looked up at him with those wide innocent eyes of hers. “You didn’t call. You promised you’d call.”

“I’m sorry.” Liz wanted to be angry with him, but just seeing him was making all those thoughts slip away. Max could see her resolve crumbling underneath his stare, and smiled softly. “Don’t I get a hug?” Liz didn’t need to be asked twice. She wrapped her arms around his neck, and he held her close. “I’ve missed you so much,” he whispered.

“Me too,” she whispered, pulling back to look into his eyes. He leaned in slowly for a sweet kiss.

Max took one of Liz’s hands and looked over at Michael. “Hey, man, would you mind hanging out with Maria for a little while?”

Michael didn’t ask, he just raised his eyebrows in question. Max looked...nervous. Max never looked nervous. This girl was turning Max into mush. Michael might have fought Max on this, knowing they didn’t have a whole lot of time, but seeing his best friend turning to jello before his very eyes, made Michael get out of the car and stand next to Maria. He saw Max smile and jog around to help Liz into the car.

“I’ll be back soon, alright?” Michael nodded. “Maria,” Max asked, “Keep Michael occupied, would ya?”

“Sure thing, Max.” She shot him her sugary sweet smile and waved to the car as it drove out of the parking lot. “So, Michael...” He looked down at her. “How does McDonald’s sound?”

“Sounds good to me.” They began to walk away from the school to get some lunch. Max and Liz would probably be gone for a while, and so they knew they had some time.

“So, Maria...” Alex began. “What did you think of Michael the first time you met him?”

“My first impression of Michael was...” She looked at Michael, examining him, “I wasn’t impressed.” Everyone laughed. “But once we sat down over a hamburger and some fries...I changed my mind.”

“What about you, Michael?”

“I thought she was cute,” he replied simply. “I think the first thing that came to my mind was, ‘Nice rack.’”

“Michael!” Maria was appalled.

“What? He asked, I answered.”

Alex smiled and shook his head, assuming there was an interesting story behind those two as well. “Maybe we should move on. Where did you guys go when you left the school?”

March 1998

“Wait a second,” Max said against her lips. He got out of the car and went to the other side to help a very frustrated Liz out as well. He opened the trunk, and pulled out a blanket. He laid it down on the grass of the empty park he had found. They laid down together, kissing again.

“I can’t believe you’re actually here,” Liz smiled.

“Me neither. I don’t have a lot of time, but I had to see you.”

“When are you leaving?” Liz asked sadly.

He tilted her chin and smiled. “Not right now.” He kissed her again, leaning over her so she was laying down with him on top. His knee found its way between her legs, and his hands swept over her thighs. “I’ve missed you so much.”

“Me too,” she sighed against his lips.

His tongue found her throat, and he whispered against her skin, “I feel like I’m only normal when you’re around.”

Liz’s fingers raked over his back, “I know.”

Max kissed her lips, his tongue finding hers. A slight moan rose from the pit of his stomach. This was the only time he felt right. When he was with her, touching her, kissing her. This was the only time his tattered nerves felt completely at ease. This was the only time he felt truly safe.

Liz was on fire with need and want. She didn’t want him to leave again, even though she knew it was inevitable. She wanted to keep him here, loving her. He made her feel things she never thought possible. He made her body come alight. Everywhere he touched her, it would light up as if it were glowing.

“Wait,” Liz whispered.

“What?”

“Do you not trust me?”

“Huh?” The question had come out of left field.

“How come you didn’t give me your phone number?”

“I already told you, I didn’t want it getting out, that’s all.”

“Maria says it’s because you don’t trust me.”

Max could see that this little thing was affecting her, and he really hadn’t seen it that way when he had told her why he wouldn’t give her his number at first.

“Hey,” he smirked, wanting to turn the conversation another direction.

“What?” Liz smiled.

“I got you something.”

“Oh, Max, you didn’t...”

“No, no!” Max smiled and he came back from the car with a long, velvet box. He handed it to her. “Open it!” He seemed more excited than she was. Liz did as he said, and opened the box, revealing a sparkling, diamond necklace. It was a thin diamond chain with a diamond-filled heart in the middle, hanging at an angle.

“Oh, Max...” Liz held it up to the light, watching it sparkle.

“You hate it,” Max said dejectedly and tried to take it back.

“No! I love it!” She snatched it back. “But, wow, Max.” He took it back from her and when she swept her hair out of the way, he latched it onto her neck, smoothing it down so that it sat perfectly. He kissed her again, pulling her against him.

A vibration in his jeans stopped Max’s movements. He came away from her with a frustrated growl, getting his cell phone out of his pocket. “Yeah,” he said into the phone. “Yeah, Michael, I know.” He waited a minute, rolling his eyes. “I said I know! I’m coming!” His outburst had made Liz feel uneasy. He flipped the phone shut and looked over at her. “Hey,” he said softly, lifting her chin so she could look into his eyes. His demeanor had immediately changed, where a moment ago he was rough, now he was gentle. “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to upset you.”

“It’s okay.”

“I have to go.” Liz nodded sadly. “In a minute.” She looked at him and saw him smile, so she smiled back, falling back onto the blanket as he hovered over her.

TBC...
Luzser1800
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Luzser1800 »

AN: Thank you everyone for the feedback. I am sorry to announce that this is the last update until after the holidays. It will just be too hectic for me to get to this until then, so I hope everyone enjoys this next part.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

CHAPTER 5

“It seems like you didn’t like leaving her,” Alex admonished out loud.

“I didn’t. Every single time, it got harder and harder,” Max admitted, squeezing Liz’s hand.

“You were in love with her already, weren’t you?”

“When I look back on it, I’m pretty sure that the night I walked her home in the snow, was the night I fell in love with her.” Alex saw Liz nod slightly, and he realized that Liz must have fallen in love with Max at the same time. “But at the time, I didn’t know it was love. All I knew was that I wanted to be with her all the time.”

“So, I’m assuming you parted ways again shortly after that, right?”

Liz nodded, “Yeah, like, ten minutes later he drove me back to school.”

March 1998

Take this pink ribbon off my eyes
I’m exposed
And it’s no big surprise
Don’t you think I know
Exactly where I stand
This world is forcing me
To hold your hand

The Porsche sped through the streets without a care in the world. Liz lifted off her seat, feeling the wind push through her hair. Max looked over at her and smiled. He pushed down on the gas a little more, listening to her wail in excitement.

Cuz I’m just a girl, little ol’ me
Don’t let me out of your sight
I’m just a girl, all pretty and petite
So don’t let me have any rights
Oh...I’ve had it up to here

The moment that I step outside
So many reasons
For me to run and hide
I can’t do the little things
I hold so dear
Well it’s all those little things
That I fear

After passing a few people on the street, Max heard someone yell, “Slow down!” It only served to excite him further and make him drive faster.

Cuz I’m just a girl
I’d rather not be
Cuz they won’t let me drive
Late at night

Oh I’m a just a girl
Guess I’m some kind of freak
Cuz they all sit and stare
With their eyes

They whipped around corners as if turning on a dime, and Liz’s hands were in the air as she sang out loud to the music.

I’m just a girl
Take a good look at me
Just your typical prototype
Oh...Am I making my self clear

I’m just a girl
I’m just a girl in the world
That’s all that you’ll let me be

The school was in sight now and Max didn’t bother to slow down. The sleek sports car made a quick turn into the parking lot.

I’m just a girl
Living in captivity
Your rule of thumb
Make me worry some

I’m just a girl
What’s my destiny
What I’ve succumbed to
Is making me numb

I’m just a girl
My apologies
What I’ve become is burdensome

Max swiftly maneuvered the car into a space, taking up two car lengths and the car, including Max and Liz, jerked to a halt.

I’m just a girl
Lucky me
Tweedle-dum
There’s no comparison
Oh...I’ve had it up to
Oh...I’ve had it up to
No Doubt - Just A Girl

“Been driving long?” Maria asked sarcastically when she caught up to them. Michael chuckled beside her.

“Hey, Max, you ready, man?”

Max looked over at his friend and nodded before turning back to Liz. “Hang on.” He ran around to her side and helped her out of the car, taking her hand as if he had to. Michael jumped in her seat without wasting anymore time. Max leaned down to kiss Liz softly. “I’ll see you soon, okay?” Liz nodded. Max reached into his pants and pulled out a pen, taking her hand. He wrote onto her flesh and when she pulled it back, she saw that it was a phone number.

Liz smiled up at him, unbelievably happy. “Max...” Her expression could have only been described as hopeless.

“Anytime you need to talk...” He kissed her again slowly, savoring her. “Bye.” Liz looked at him again, watching as she backed up toward the school, Maria holding her arm the whole way. Max watched her leave until she was out of sight, and then got back into his car.

“You alright?” Michael asked, looking at Max. Max just nodded, still looking at the school. He snapped out of his daze and started the car, ready to make the long trip to Nevada.

When Maria got Liz back inside the building, she stopped in the middle of the hallway. “You know I love you, right? But what the hell has gotten into you?!”

“What?”

“I see that he’s already buying his way into your heart,” Maria quipped.

“What do you mean?”

“The necklace, Liz. A person would have to be blind not to see it.”

“Isn’t it gorgeous?” Liz asked in a daze, touching it reverently.

“Liz!” Maria snapped her fingers in front of her friend’s face to break her out of the stupor. “This isn’t you, Liz!”

“Maria, of course this is me.”

“No, it’s not, because the Liz I know would be calling Max an asshole for making her wait around. The Liz I know wouldn’t even be bothered waiting around. Do you even remember all those nights you called me crying your eyes out because you hadn’t heard from him?”

“Well it won’t happen again because, look, I got him to give me his phone number.” Liz held up her hand.

“Yeah, like he’ll be around every time you call him,” Maria stated sarcastically. Liz gritted her teeth, not wanting to hear this. “So what, today, he shows up unannounced, dangles a diamond necklace in front of your face, gives you a little grin and a kiss, and all is forgiven?!”

“Maria, please! Max is different. I don’t want to screw this up. So just do me a favor, and stay out of it!” Liz turned on her heel and walked away, leaving Maria to shake her head and wonder what made Max Evans so damn special.

“It seemed like you didn’t think too highly of Max, Maria,” Alex noted.

Maria smiled. “Who me?” Everyone just looked at her.

“She hated me,” Max admitted. “I kept stealing her best friend.”

“Get over yourself, Max,” Maria shook her head and Liz smirked. “My hating you had nothing to do with Liz having a boyfriend. I know you don’t think you were the first boyfriend she ever had,” Maria jabbed. Max cast his eyes down, remaining in control. “No, Max, my reason for hating you was simple.” Everyone hung on what she would say next. Maria leaned over the table, getting right into Max’s personal bubble. “You were an asshole.”

“Maria!” Liz scolded, even though she knew her friend was right. Maria had been right all along and Liz hadn’t listened.

“What, Liz? It’s true! He treated you like shit! Always expecting you to be waiting on him for whenever he would come around. I mean, that phone number thing, Max?! What the hell?! Who the hell did you think you were?!”

Max’s voice remained calm. “I honestly didn’t think it was that big of a deal at the time.”

“Which proves my point that you’re a scumbag!”

“Alright, stop!” Michael tried to settle them down before Maria started using the claws she had just broken out.

“No! He needs to hear this! Did you know that Liz cried every night you didn’t call?!” Liz put her head down, wishing she could curl up and die. “Did you have any idea what it was like for her while you were out making movies and sleeping with every slut in Hollywood?!” Maria stood up, her chair falling to the floor.

“Maria, stop!” Liz stood up to keep Maria from attacking Max. Liz didn’t want to rehash this part yet. They still had a long way to go.

“Maria! Time out! Ding Ding! Fighters, please return to your corners,” Michael chuckled through cupped hands, but stopped laughing as soon as he caught Maria’s glare. She opened her mouth to spew some nasty remark at him.

“You’re right.” Max had said it so softly, one wouldn’t think anyone would have heard it, but everyone stopped immediately, you could have heard a pin drop, and looked at him. His head was down and he was truly ashamed of himself. He looked up, his eyes red. “I’m sorry, Liz. I wish I could take it back. I wish I could take it all back.”

Liz nearly cried herself, just looking at him. She needed to make Maria understand what was going through her head all those years ago. “Maria, listen. I know that you were just trying to be a good friend, and you were doing an excellent job. But the truth is, that I was so invested in him, I couldn’t see straight. Maybe at the time, just like Max, I didn’t know it was love, but I did know that it was strong. And it gave me a reason to hang on. No matter what.”

“But, Liz, he didn’t deserve it,” Maria reasoned.

“I know that now. But at the time, I was this young girl with an incredible crush on a guy I could have never imagined I would have even met. I was terrified that I would mess it up and my dream would be gone. So, right now, I’d rather not reopen all these old wounds when they are only a fraction of the pain I will feel later on. Yes, 16 year old Liz Parker was a pushover for Max Evans. But that was then, and this is now.” Maria nodded slowly, accepting Liz’s answer. Maria had just lost it, going back to the time she wanted to rip Max’s balls off for making Liz cry.

Alex seemed to be stuck in the middle, not really able to form his own opinions when he didn’t even know the whole story yet. “Okay, everybody. Why don’t we take another one of those breaks so everyone can calm down. When we come back, we’ll start up again.”

TBC...
Luzser1800
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Luzser1800 »

AN: As promised, the next chapter, directly after the new year...well for me right now, anyway. So, here ya go!

CHAPTER 6

Fifteen minutes later, Max, Liz, Michael, and Maria took their seats, still a bit rattled, but no worse for wear. Alex sat down and turned the tape recorder back on. “You guys ready?” Everyone nodded. “Okay, how long was it before you two saw each other again?”

Max and Liz looked at each other, trying to see if the other one remembered just how long it was until they met again.

“It was June,” Maria grumbled. Max and Liz looked at her, wondering themselves if it really had been in June. Liz nodded slowly, then, even though she still seemed a little uncertain. Maria rolled her eyes. “Trust me, it was June. Liz’s birthday is on the 11th and Max had a special surprise for her. I remember it like it was yesterday.”

June 1998

“Now, Maria, remember, this is supposed to be a surprise.”

“Yeah, I know, Michael,” Maria said into the phone. “Don’t you think I can keep a secret for 12 hours?”

“I know, I’m sorry. Max just wants it to be perfect for her and he made me promise to ask you to do this for him.”

“Well, just for the record, I’m not doing this for him. I’m doing this for Liz. She deserves to have a perfect Sweet Sixteen and I know that Max is the only one who can give it to her. As much as it pains me.”

“Good, Maria. Go with that. Do it for Liz.”

“Shut up, Michael, now where exactly do we have to be?”

“I thought my mom was throwing me a party for my birthday? Why am I in heels and getting my hair done?”

Maria snorted. “You haven’t seen the dress yet.”

“Dress?”

Before Liz could ask anymore questions, a delivery man carrying a box entered the salon. “Liz Parker?”

“Yeah, that’s me,” Liz raised her hand and Maria took the box while Liz signed for it.

Maria opened it up to reveal a stunning silver dress. “Look, the dress is here,” Maria said, trying to forget the fact that Michael had claimed that this dress had cost ten thousand dollars. Maria pulled it out of the box and held it up, showing Liz.

“It’s beautiful, did my mom buy this?” Liz asked, and Maria tried her best not to ogle this dress.

Once the dress had come out of the box, a diamond tennis bracelet was laying neatly underneath it in a clear box. Maria held up the bracelet and watched Liz’s eyes light up.

“Max...” she whispered.

“Damn! It was supposed to be a surprise.”

“What was supposed to be a surprise?! Where is Max taking me?!” Liz was bouncing in her seat and the hair dresser began to get irritated.

“Stay still, would ya?” The hairdresser began to get frustrated.

“Hey! That’s the girlfriend of Max Evans you’re talking to, bitch!” Maria couldn’t help herself and Liz shut her eyes tightly.

“Sorry,” the woman mumbled as she went back to Liz’s hair.

“Okay, there’s a note,” Maria said as she pulled out a slip of paper.

“Oooh! What does it say?”

“Liz! Contain yourself!” Maria put her hands up to stave off her best friend. Maria looked at the card and read out loud. “Baby...” Maria gave a snort. “Baby?

“Maria, just read it!” Liz almost growled.

Maria shook her head, rolling her eyes, and finished reading. “I hope you like it. The dress and the bracelet are yours to keep, but the surprise is yet to come. Max.” Maria rolled her eyes.

“What’s the surprise?!” Liz bounced in her seat some more.

“I don’t know.” Liz gave her a look. “Liz, I swear I don’t know. All Michael told me to do was get you here. I thought this was the surprise. Ya know, a makeover?”

The hairdresser twirled Liz’s chair around, pulling off the plastic gown in one swift motion, and said, “Finished!” The hairdresser’s gum popped loudly in her mouth as Liz checked the mirror in all her glorified hair and makeup. The necklace Max had given her that day in the park still hung around her neck. Liz never took it off.

“Liz, you look beautiful,” Maria told her. Liz smiled and it seemed to light up the room.

The door chimed again, this time, showing in a man in a black suit. “Ms. Parker?” he asked politely, his hands held in front of him.

Liz raised her hand shyly, wagging her fingers. “That’s me.”

The man smiled when he spotted her and said, “The limousine is waiting, ma’am.” Maria snickered at the way the man addressed Liz, and Liz turned to Maria in shock. Maria shrugged her shoulders, not knowing about any of this. The driver could tell they were unsure and began to explain in an attempt to quell their worries. “Mr. Evans has requested that I drive Miss Parker and Miss DeLuca to the Waldorf Hotel so that they may meet he and Mr. Guerin before the show.”

“What show?” Liz asked.

“Immortal,” the driver announced. Liz was beyond floored. Immortal was Max’s latest film. He had just wrapped only months ago, and it was supposed to be the biggest blockbuster of the summer. Max played a sexy, yet badass vampire, and Liz couldn’t have been more thrilled not only to be seeing it before everyone else, but while she sat by the side of the starring role. She wanted to be even more excited, but Max had yet to become her boyfriend. Liz decided not to think about it right now. It was a small detail, after all.

Liz’s face lit up and she took Maria’s hand, wanting to get inside that limo as fast as possible and not waste another moment. Maria followed of course, rolling her green eyes the whole way.

The limo ride was pretty uneventful, if you didn’t count Liz and Maria giggling the whole time as they pushed every single button, opening and closing their windows, making pretend phone calls, and driving the chauffeur crazy pushing the separating window up and down. They pulled out the liquor and pretended to pour themselves tall glasses of alcohol. “Oh, what a boring ride, darling,” Maria said to Liz in a high society voice.

Liz clinked her glass against Maria’s, and returned the gesture by saying, “Oh, will we ever get there, dear?” They laughed at themselves and the driver rolled his eyes.

The hotel they pulled up to was huge and fantastic, complete with a doorman that opened the limo door for them, and ushered them inside, Liz clutching the box with her dress and bracelet to her chest. The girls seemed nervous inside this fancy hotel. Nervous, at least until they found the elevators. Before long, the dress box lay at Liz’s feet as she and Maria played the roles of elevator button pushers. Whenever someone would come into the elevator, Maria would stick her nose up in the air and say, “Good morning, sir, and thank you for riding the elevator. Which floor shall it be?” She would poise her finger over the buttons and Liz would laugh as the person would either laugh heartily at their antics, or look at them like they were stupid and immature.

Whenever the people would get off the elevator, Liz would use the same high society voice to say, “Have a nice day, and please use the elevator again.” Maria and Liz would laugh loudly once they were alone again.

After about twenty minutes of this, the elevator doors slid open to reveal a grumbling Michael Guerin and an amused Max Evans. Liz and Maria turned slowly, embarrassed at being caught, and looked into their eyes.

“One of the hotel managers knocked on our door to let us know that our guests were causing a disturbance on the elevators,” Michael was quick to inform them. He grabbed Maria’s arm and dragged her with him to their hotel room. Max, on the other hand, stalked into the elevator, backing Liz up against wall and invading her personal bubble, placing his palms on the wall on either side of her head. Neither one of them noticed the elevator doors shut them inside.

“You look gorgeous,” Max whispered. “That hair...and that necklace...my necklace.”

“I never take it off,” she admitted in a whisper.

She was so sweet and he knew he had to kiss her. His nose touched hers gently and his breath tickled her upper lip. “How have you been?” he asked softly. Liz just nodded, tilting her head, not wanting to wait another moment for his kiss. Max didn’t disappoint. He kissed her lips quickly, then nuzzled his head inside her neck, breathing in her sweet perfume. “You smell so good.”

The elevator doors slid open again, revealing the couple in such a position to the outside world, which happened to be a couple of smirking tourists. Max sighed heavily, not really upset at them being caught and watched Liz blush. “Um...penthouse, please,” he told the tourists and gazed into Liz’s soft brown eyes as the elevator rose.

Max held the box for Liz and placed his other hand on the small of her back, leading her to his room. Michael and Maria were already there.

“So, what! We were just having a little fun!” Maria yelled.

“How would you like to have a little fun at the motel down the street?!” Michael threw back.

Max grinned bashfully at Liz, taking her to an adjacent room without Michael nor Maria even noticing them. He put the box down by the door and turned back to Liz with a smile. “I think they’re getting along just fine,” Max noted.

Liz nodded in agreement. “How have you been?”

“Not bad,” he said dejectedly.

“What’s the matter?” Liz grew concerned.

Max smiled at her attitude. “You weren’t here.” He saw her wrinkled forehead smooth out into that loveable smile and he took her chin between his thumb and forefinger. He leaned down to kiss her, his palms holding her cheeks, warranting her full attention. “You excited about tonight?” he asked her when he pulled away.

Liz nodded eagerly. “I can’t wait to see your new movie. I’ll bet it’s fantastic!”

“Yeah, well, I hope so. I haven’t seen it.”

“You haven’t?” Liz was astonished. How could he have been in the film and not seen it.

Max shook his head. “I see bits and pieces, and I know what happens, but after editing and everything the first time I’ll see it is at the premiere.”

Liz nodded shyly, feeling dumb for not knowing that. Max didn’t think she was stupid though. He couldn’t help thinking that she was perfect. And his eyes told Liz all she needed to know. Their staring contest ended when he stepped away, much to Liz’s disappointment. “We have to leave soon, so why don’t you get dressed?” he asked nicely and Liz smiled in agreement. “I’m just gonna let those lovebirds in the other room know.” Max left to tell Michael and Maria that time was running out, and Liz stayed behind to change into her gown.

While Max, Michael, Maria, and Liz sat in the limousine, Max’s cell phone rang and he quickly answered it after checking the caller ID. “Hello?” Liz looked at Max instantly, wondering who would be calling him right now. “Hi, Mom.” Liz was suddenly extremely relieved. “Yeah, we’re almost there now, Mom.” There was a pause as Max listened. “Don’t worry, Mom, I’ll call you when we get back to the hotel.” Another pause and then Max smiled. “I love you, too, Mom. Bye.” He hung up the phone, turning it off and depositing it back into his pocket.

Liz felt a little jealous of Max’s mother, wondering why Max never seemed to pick up the phone whenever she would call. That little voice inside her head telling her that Maria had been right came aknockin’ and Liz instantly pushed it back. After all, Max and her were together now.

The limo pulled up to the movie theater. Cameras flashed brightly as Max stepped out, offering his hand to Liz. Max held out his arm for Liz to take as photographers shouted his name. Max stopped before reaching the entrance, posing for a few pictures. Liz was so overwhelmed, she didn’t know what to do. She stood there shocked until Max whispered into her ear, “Smile, princess.” A smile pulled up Liz’s lips immediately and she quickly caught on, posing for the cameras alongside Max, his arm wrapped securely around her waist. Max nodded quickly, and turned to go inside, the doorman greeting them warmly.

Michael and Maria followed close behind, literally watching Max and Liz’s backs. Michael had Maria’s hand, and Maria hated that it made her feel special. Michael didn’t want to acknowledge the feeling either. They found seats in front of Max and Liz, and got comfortable. The entire theater was empty except for the cast and crew of the movie, and some other people who were there for some other reason. Liz wasn’t sure and she couldn’t bring herself to care who they were.

Half an hour into the film, Max was mesmerized. But not by the movie, by Liz. She was watching the screen so seriously. All different kinds of expressions would dance across her face. Her forehead would wrinkle and unwrinkle. Her eyes would widen. Her nose would flare and her jaw would clench. He couldn’t help himself when he leaned over and kissed her jaw. Liz turned immediately, a blush on her cheeks. He leaned over again to whisper, “I just had to.” He smiled and winked, then took her hand, placing it in his lap, and held on for the next hour.

Michael and Maria left the theater ahead of Max and Liz, who were stopped for more pictures and questions. When they got into the limo, Maria said, “I’m gonna tell Liz to sleep in my room tonight.”

“You mean my room,” Michael corrected.

“Listen, Spike,” Maria started as Michael ran a hand through his hair. “I’m here for Liz, okay. And if she’s not ready to spend the night with Max, then it’s her call.”

“But the night’s not over,” Michael smiled.

“What do you mean by that?”

“After-party, baby!”

I see ya blowin' me a kiss,
It doesn't take a scientist
To understand what's going on baby.
If you see something in my eye
Let's not over analyze
Don't go too deep with it baby.
So let it be what it'll be
Don't make a fuss and get crazy over you and me
Here's what I'll do, I'll play loose
Run like we have a day with destiny...

Max and Liz strolled into the after-party looking and feeling like a million bucks. The movie had been very good and Max was quite pleased with it. Liz was still buzzing from the way it felt to be the girl in the picture with Max Evans.

Michael and Maria were right behind them, just checking things out. Michael and Maria were so accustomed to watching Max and Liz’s backs, they couldn’t seem to figure out how to enjoy themselves. “You want a drink?” Michael asked.

It's just a little crush (crush)
Not like I faint every time we touch
It's just some little thing (crush)
Not like everything I do depends on you

Maria just nodded and Michael left to get her something. She watched Max take Liz around the room, introducing her to this person and that person. Liz seemed to be enjoying herself, and not to mention a little star-struck at seeing the familiar faces. Maria was noticing the famous people too, and when Michael had come back with a wine cooler, Maria barely noticed him.

“This is Liz,” Max would tell anyone who inquired about his date. “Isn’t she gorgeous?” Liz would blush ferociously and the person Max was introducing her to would agree relentlessly as if to please him no matter what. After a little while of making their rounds at the party, Max sat Liz down on a sofa and told her he would bring her a drink.

Sha-la-la-la, Sha-la-la-la
It's raising my adrenaline, you're banging on a harder tin
Please don't make too much of it baby
You say the word "forevermore"
That's not what I'm looking for
All I can commit to is "maybe"
So let it be what it'll be
Don't make a fuss and get crazy over you and me
Here's what I'll do, I'll play loose,
Run like we have a day with destiny...

Max, however, got distracted in the crowd, and had managed to get into a conversation with his female co-star. Maria had found Liz shortly after Max had left and was now sitting next to her, the two of them drinking wine coolers and talking about the movie. Michael was now engaged in conversation with another patron of the party, and everyone seemed to be having a good time.

It's just a little crush (crush)
Not like I faint every time we touch
It's just some little thing (crush)
Not like everything I do depends on you

Crush - Jennifer Paige

Two hours later, Maria was pretty drunk, and Michael decided it was time to take her back to the hotel. Liz was playing pool in the back room, and Max was teaching her how. Michael told Maria to sit tight while he went to inform Max and Liz that they would meet back at the hotel.

“Aww, you guys are leaving?” Liz asked with those puppy dog eyes of hers. Michael just nodded sympathetically and left.

Liz went back to her game and Max leaned over her back to whisper in her ear, “I’m still here.” She turned her head to smile at him, and then finished the game by shooting the eight ball into the corner pocket. “Nice shot,” Max said, taking her hand to lead her back out to the main party room. Liz went back to her seat on the couch and picked up the open wine cooler she had left there, tipped it back and gulped it down. Max went to get himself another beer and wound up getting distracted again with another actor.

“Hey there, good-lookin.” A young guy sat down next to Liz. “Didn’t you come here with Max?”

Liz was starting to feel really hot all of a sudden. She knew she was a little tipsy. Two hours of wine coolers would do that to a girl, but something was definitely off. She looked at the young man and just smiled and nodded. She recognized him from the film. He played one of Max’s buddies in the movie. His head was shaved, but Liz could tell the color was blonde. She didn’t like blondes. And this guy had two heads of blonde hair. She shook her head again to make him a single person, but it didn’t work quite well, and she really just wanted Max to come and make her feel better.

“Well, where is he now?” Liz suddenly remembered his name...Curtis.

“He’s ummm....” she reached out her finger to point when she began to feel her skin get all prickly. The feeling was not necessarily unpleasant. She looked back at Curtis and noticed that he was now smirking.

“Looks like he’s left you unattended.” He reached out and ran a single finger along her forearm. Liz had to close her eyes, the sensation was so great. She looked into his blue eyes and had to shake her head. She didn’t understand why his touch felt so damn good. She saw Curtis lick his lips before asking her, “You want to...uh...”

“I don’t think she wants to...uh...anything with you!” Max had shown up and he was pissed.

“Max!” Curtis greeted with a smile, though he found himself very frightened by the darkening of Max’s eyes.

Max didn’t say anything. Instead, he grabbed a fistful of Curtis’s designer shirt and lifted him to his feet. When they were face to face and he could tell Curtis was scared, Max said in a deep, low, voice, “Stay the fuck away from her.” He pushed Curtis back forcefully, nearly knocking the kid off his feet and watched as Curtis stumbled away from him. Max sat back down next to Liz, wanting to ask her what the hell she had been doing when he caught sight of her eyes. They were black...with desire.

“Max...” Liz breathed his name, her hands running along the bare skin of his neck and hands. Before Max had time to respond, Liz’s fingers had found his hair and pulled his mouth to hers, kissing him with more passion than he’s ever experienced with her before.

Max kissed her back, her having distracted him from being angry or upset. He ran his hands over her shoulders, forgetting there was a party happening around him. Their tongues tasted each other vigorously, but when Liz left him mouth to pepper kisses along his neck and jaw, his eyes flew open and he knew that something was wrong. “Liz...baby...what...” He couldn’t even form a coherent sentence with the havoc she was wreaking on his teenage male body.

“I don’t know...” Liz couldn’t stop. Every touch felt so good, so strangely pleasant and sensual. His fingers had never felt so good, and he was barely touching her. His lips tasted sweeter than they ever had before. A large part of her brain was screaming at her that something was definitely wrong. She was fully aware of the party happening around her, and of people watching her wanton behavior with Max, probably thinking that she was some star-struck teenage slut who wanted a good story to tell her friends, but she couldn’t bring herself to care. She knew something was unnatural, but she didn’t know what.

Max put his hands on either side of her face and pulled her away to look at her. She was burning up, her skin was flushed, and her eyes dark. He looked past her and saw the empty bottle. “Liz, did you leave your bottle there when you went to play pool?”

Liz turned around, looking at the bottle, and then looked back at Max with an innocent expression to let him know that she did. Max’s eyes went black with rage as he was more than ready to get up and pound Curtis’s face into the ground. “No!” Liz held on when he tried to get up. “Max, please, I need...” Her breathing was labored. “Just please don’t stop touching me.”

He could tell she was more afraid than excited, but neither emotion seemed to be more present than the other. He wanted to take her straight to a hospital, but then her mother would never trust Liz with him again. He quickly decided he would have the doctor come to her after he'd gotten her to the hotel. But he also knew right then that Curtis would have to wait because he couldn’t leave her.

“Come on.” Max lifted her to his chest and left the party without looking back. He got them both into the limo and Liz’s assault began. He couldn’t have stopped her if he tried. She was insatiable right now and he had no idea at the moment how to fix it. He closed his eyes and willed himself to calm down so that he wouldn’t have her right there in that limo. What she was doing was killing him. He always wanted her, always wanted to give her everything, and now, he wanted her just as much as she wanted him, even though he knew it was the drug, and he wouldn’t disgrace her that way.

They finally got back to the hotel and Liz’s red lipstick was smeared around his neck and shoulder blades. His shirt had come undone and as he carried her to his room, she was now attacking his chest. He had to use his key unless he wanted to go through Michael’s room, and that proved to be a difficult task with what Liz was doing to him. He got her inside and laid her down on the bed.

Before Max knew what was happening, Liz’s dress had come over her head and she tore his shirt off his body. She needed his skin against hers, and there was no denying it. Max watched her lay back in only her pearl white slip, looking up at him and knew he couldn’t do this. That white slip and that innocent face were two signs that she was too pure for this.

When Liz realized he wasn’t going to take advantage of her the way she wanted him to, she rose up on her knees and grabbed his pants. She undid the belt and Max held her hand. “Wait...Liz!”

“Max, please, I...I don’t understand it but I....”

“I know, I know. But this isn’t right, I can’t...you’re better than this. Please...” He begged for her to understand how hard this really was for him.

Liz shook her head in frustration. “Max, I need you right now. Please!” She emphasized her point by taking hold of his crotch and he cried out.

“Ok!” Max took her hand from him and laid her back, watching her satisfied smile. “You wanna have an orgasm?” Liz nodded quickly and she swallowed. Her fingers raked through her hair, wanting to rip it out with the way she was feeling. Max pulled the slip up to her thighs, and pulled her underwear down over her legs. He threw them aside, bent down, and then looked back up at her for confirmation. She just looked back at him so desperately that he couldn’t deny her. He went back down to bring her the pleasure she needed.

TBC...
Luzser1800
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Luzser1800 »

AN: Okay, I promised I would be back soon and so, here I am! :wink: I know it has been a while, so I hope I haven't lost anyone, lol. Answers to posts, coming right up!

Lolita: I didn't mean for it to seem like Max was leaving Liz alone at the party. He was just mingling and allowing her to do the same, lol. Okay, maybe he shouldn't have left her by herself, but he found her in the nick of time, didn't he?

NorafanofMaxandLiz: As you will find out in the very beginning of this chapter, yes, ecstacy was the drug of choice here, and, basically, it makes you feel like every touch is sensual and erotic, and it truly doesn't matter who, where, or what is touching you. Please don't ask me how I know that because I plead the fifth! :lol:

And as for Liz being unshakeable, well...as you already know from my previous story, all of my characters are human, and therefore, Liz Parker is also human.

Ha! If you really want his phone number, I'm pretty sure it begins with 555...somethin somethin somethin somethin, right?? 8)

As for everyone else...Thanx so much for the awesome responses. I feel so honored to hear from each and every one of you!

Now, this chapter is a little short, but there was really no better way to end it, and I promise to make up for it in the next chapter. There will be a lot going on then, therefore, a much longer chapter. So, please enjoy the little bit I was able to give you this time. :D

CHAPTER 7

The blurriness started to clear up in front of Liz’s eyes, and when she finally became fully aware of her surroundings, a gray-haired man wearing thick glasses was hovering over her with a stethoscope placed on her chest over her slip. Max was nearby, watching the doctor examine her with a concerned expression on his face. The top few buttons of his white dress shirt were undone, and his arms were crossed over his chest. With his eyes drawn together, the fleeting thought that he had never looked so sexy crossed Liz’s mind.

Liz snapped back to the man, who was now explaining to Max what had happened to her, as if she wasn’t even there.

“What’s the diagnosis, Doc?” Max seemed very troubled and Liz had to smile.

“It looks like she was slipped a small dose of ecstacy.” Max sighed and shook his head in disappointment. The doctor caught it and tried to make him feel better. “It wasn’t enough to harm her. She’ll be fine once she gets some time to let it wear off.”

What the doctor didn’t seem to know, was that Liz was pretty sure it had worn off already. All the feelings of sexual desire Liz had felt earlier were no longer more than a low hum in her body. The craving she felt for Max now was no more than she normally felt for him.

“Thank you, Doctor. I’ll make sure she gets all the sleep she needs.” Max was very professional while shaking his hand after the doctor had picked up his medical bag and leading him to the door.

Maria was waiting for him when he was letting the doctor out. “How dare you lock us out?! Liz could have been dying in there! Please tell me she’s alright, Max, please!”

Max grabbed Maria’s shoulders to keep her on the ground. “Maria,” he said calmly, “She’s fine. She just got slipped a little ecstacy.”

“Oh, is that all?! And then you bring her back here to what...have some cookies and milk to calm her loins down?”

“What Liz and I did in that room is none of your business.” He crossed him arms over his chest to prove he wasn’t budging.

“Well, you listen to me, Mister...” Maria dug a finger into his chest.

“Maria,” They were interrupted by Michael coming out of the room in nothing but a pair of boxers. “Get your ass back in here, I wasn’t done with you yet.” He rubbed his head and yawned as he went back into his room.

She turned back to Max with wide eyes while he smirked. She began to shake her head and said with a small screech, “It’s just not true!” She huffed and turned to go back into her room, and her angry words at Michael made Max smile as he went back to his room.

Max laid by Liz’s side as soon as he came back into the room. He gently pushed a lock of hair from her forehead, and stared deep into her eyes. “How do you feel?”

“I’d feel a lot better if I knew what had happened.”

“You don’t remember?”

“Only bits and pieces...” Her cheeks flushed, “All I remember is being all over you at the party.”

“Understatement,” Max smiled.

Liz had to put a hand over her face to hide her embarrassment. “Oh God!”

“It’s okay. I kinda liked it.”

“Did we...ya know?” Liz was a little unclear as to what had happened in the hotel room.

“No, we didn’t. I wouldn’t let you.”

You wouldn’t let me?” Liz couldn’t believe that he was the one to stop her from going too far.

“You wanted me so bad...but don’t you worry...I found a way around sex...kind of.”

“Kind of?” It was Max’s turn to blush as he nodded, and then Liz understood what they had done. She had vaguely remembered that part anyway. It was the stuff that either had or hadn’t happened afterward that she was unsure about. “Well, thanks,” Liz teased. When they laughed it off a bit, Liz got serious. “I’m serious, Max. Thank you.”

“You weren’t in your right mind. I would never take advantage of you.” He was so sincere, that Liz had to pull him close in a hug. “I’m just glad the drug wasn’t anything worse,” he whispered into her ear.

While in their intimate embrace a sound came from Max’s pants. “You’re phone’s ringing,” Liz said.

Max just nodded slowly. “Let it ring.”

His statement angered her and the words came out before she could stop them. “Same way you ‘let it ring’ whenever I call?”

She watched Max’s expression change sorrowful. “Liz...”

“Why don’t you answer any of my calls? You told me to call whenever I needed to talk, so why?”

Max was quiet for a moment, but he knew that Liz wanted an answer. Problem was, he didn’t have one. His voice got slightly harsh. “What do you want me to say?” He got up to stand.

“I want a reason!” Liz yelled from the bed.

“Well, I don’t have one!” He stopped when he saw Liz get frustrated. “I am very busy, Liz.”

“I have been with you a whole day almost, and all we’ve done is go to a movie and a party!” Liz knew he had a lot of work to do normally, and that what she had just said was unfair, but he couldn’t have been too busy to take any of her phone calls. At least he could have had the decency to call her back just once.

“This is not everyday for me, Liz! Most of the time, I spend eighteen hours a day on a set, then I’m studying lines two or three hours a night, and then I get a little power nap before I’m expected to do it all over again! My job is not the never-ending party that make it look like on television!”

“No, of course not, there’s no way you’re out with a different girl every night, the way they make it look on TV, right?!”

“I’m sorry!!” The words silenced the room. Max had to close his eyes against the stinging tears. He had never meant for Liz to see those things in his personal life. He was not naive enough to believe that every step he took was not being watched, but a small part of him foolishly believed that Liz would never see it. He took a deep breath and spoke slowly, looking directly into her watery eyes. “I’m sorry.” His apology was now bursting straight from his heart. “I don’t know what else to say.”

“Tell me they don’t mean anything.” Liz’s bottom lip quivered.

“They don’t,” he said desperately. “The only one who means anything to me is you.”

“Then, why? Why is it that whenever I want to hear your voice, I have to settle for old videotapes?”

He came back to sit on the edge of the bed. “Liz, I swear to you, every time you’ve called me, I have been unable to answer.”

“Then why not call me back? Just a heads up even to let me know that you’re busy?”

He swallowed loudly. “Every time I see your phone number on my cell...I would flip it open and start to dial you back...and then I’d have to hang up. I can’t seem to settle for a simple phone call, for just a piece of you. I want you here...where ever I am...with me...all the time. Listening to your voice only makes me want to see your face. It makes me want to touch you, and kiss you.” Liz was searching his face for any indication that he wasn’t misleading her. There were no signs that he was.

“Max, I...”

“I know you have a life,” he interrupted. “I know you can’t just drop everything to come to me whenever I call on you.”

“But I would,” Liz told him.

“But you can’t,” he insisted. “And it’s not your problem, it’s mine.” They were silent for a moment, trying to comprehend what had just been said. Max lowered his head to hers, one of his palms gently holding her cheek. “If I have to settle for your voice, than I realize that's better than nothing. I'm sorry I didn't think about your feelings before. All I can say is that I’m sorry, and that I promise to call you every time I have the opportunity.”

“You’ve promised that before, Max,” Liz said crestfallen.

“But this time I’ll be thinking about you.” He could see that she was weary, considering his past empty promises. “I don’t know what else to tell you, Liz. You’re just going to have to trust me on this one.”

They stared at each other for a full minute until Liz finally said softly, “Okay.” Max sighed heavily in relief and drew her into his arms, grateful beyond words for the second chance.

Alex leaned back in his chair after jotting down the last of their words, looking between Max and Liz. Liz had her eyes on the table, not wanting to look up. Max’s face was blank, probably years of acting that allowed him to seem so disconnected from the story he had just helped tell. Michael and Maria were just watching their two best friends for any signs of distress.

Alex didn’t want to get into the emotional part so soon after the telling, so he decided to move to a lighter area. He turned to Maria. “What happened in your hotel room?”

Maria’s mouth dropped open. “Nothing!” She turned to Michael, who was smiling. “I swear!” Max and Liz seemed to have a hard time holding in their laughter as well.

When Michael finally got a hold of himself, wiping at the corners of his eyes, he admitted, “Nothing happened, really. Maria had gotten so drunk that when I got her back to the room, she passed right out. When she woke up later, it was because there was knocking on the door. It was the doctor looking for Liz.”

“I was terrified!” Maria jumped in. “I didn’t know what could have happened, and I was scared for my best friend. I took the doctor next door and demanded that Max tell me what had happened.”

“But, of course, Max didn’t want anyone intruding...” Michael started.

I didn’t want anybody freaking. I didn’t even know for sure what was wrong yet, and my first priority was Liz,” Max finished. “I wanted to make sure she was alright before I would allow anyone to see her.”

“When we heard the doctor leave,” Michael began again, “Maria ran for the door and started yelling at Max. So, I came out in my boxers, knowing it would shock her into shutting up and leaving Max and Liz alone.”

“Thanks for that one, buddy.”

“Anytime, man!” The boys slapped each other high fives. The mood seemed to pick up, and so, Alex began to delve into the other subject.

“Why did you agree to give him another chance, Liz?” Max didn’t seem at all offended by that. He himself had wondered the same thing after that night.

“I don’t know,” Liz answered. “I just felt something when he said those things to me. Something told me that this time would be different. I had a really good feeling about it, and so, I gave him another shot. I didn’t really think he deserved it, but, I wanted to let him try again.”

“And things got better?”

Max and Liz gave each other a look that Alex could not determine the meaning of. Maria looked to Michael for help, which he gave quickly.

Michael yawned loudly and stretched. “Ya know what? I’m getting tired.” Everybody at the table nodded in agreement. Even Alex seemed worn out. Liz seemed to be silently thanking Michael for the interruption. “That’s enough for today.” Michael knew everyone would be eager to get back to the hotel and get some dinner, so he took control of the situation.

“Sure,” Alex agreed as he stood. “We’ll meet back here tomorrow morning around eight.”

“Max normally starts his day at nine.” Michael was used to being Max’s go-to guy, so he didn’t even need to consult Max on that one. His response had been automatic.

“Alright, then,” Alex said. “I’ll be here at eight. You guys can show up whenever you’d like. I’ve got to put everything together anyway.”

Max looked over at Liz. “Wanna ride?” His smile was infectious and Liz had to smile back at him. Going over the good times with Alex today was making Liz almost forget about all the bad that had happened later. Okay, so maybe they hadn’t been all good times, but, looking back on the entire relationship, those times definitely were some of the best.

Liz nodded. “Sure.” Max took her by the hand and led her out to his car.

When Alex left, Maria approached Michael. “You’d think they never broke up.” Michael nodded slowly, knowing Maria was right. When Michael looked back into Maria’s eyes, he noticed the worry creases on her forehead.

“Chill out. Everything’s going to be fine.”

“I hate lying to them, Michael.”

“So do I, but we have to. You agreed to this, Maria. It’s only a little while longer.”

Maria looked up at him. “You’re right. I can do this.” She took a deep breath, allowing Michael’s hand to rub her back in support. When she opened her eyes again she asked, “Ready to go back to the hotel?”

“Oh yeah,” he replied with a sexy smile. Michael then did what he had wanted to do all day. He leaned down and kissed her.

TBC...
Luzser1800
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Luzser1800 »

AN: Yes, I know! Back already! :wink: I'm going to wind up spoiling you guys again. Big kudos to Mmcherron for helping me through this one. I was pulling my hair out for a little while, but she coached me through it as she always does. Thanx! :D Now, I don't think there were any questions for this one, so, on with the next chapter.

CHAPTER 8

Max led Liz into the hotel room. “This is familiar,” he smirked.

“Yeah, almost like a rerun of our lives in hotel rooms.” They smiled at each other. “I always liked your house better,” Liz remembered.

“It was just as much yours as it was mine. You and my mother pretty much took the place over when you moved in.” They laughed together as they remembered when she had first gotten there. Their laughter soon dissipated and they found themselves gazing at each other longingly.

“Stop it,” Liz scolded lightly.

“Stop what?”

“Looking at me like you’re starved for me.”

“How do you know that’s what I feel?” Max challenged.

“Because you would always give me that look before you would attack me,” Liz chided.

“I can’t help it. I’ve missed you so much.”

“Yeah, you might have already mentioned that once or twice.”

“Third time’s a charm?” He gave her that childish smile and she smiled back.

“It’s always nice to hear it. Romantic nuances have been few and far between for me.”

“I wish I could make it up to you.”

Liz wanted to wipe away his sadness. “Well, you’re doing a pretty good job so far. Keep it up.” He smiled widely and Liz was glad to see it. “I’m gonna get a shower before you take me to dinner.”

“Dinner?” Liz just smiled as she sauntered past him into the bathroom.

“Are we all going to eat together?” Maria asked Max when her and Michael made it to the room.

“I guess,” Max answered, unsure.

Just then, Liz came out of the bathroom in a plush, white robe, a stark white towel wrapped around her head. “Where do you wanna go eat, Liz?” Maria asked as she plopped down on the bed. Liz just shrugged her shoulders and looked at Max.

Michael could see that Max didn’t have an answer either so he suggested, “How bout we hit the Hard Rock?”

“Ooohhh...” Maria bounced on the bed. “I haven’t been there in ages!” Everyone agreed on the Hard Rock Café and got ready to go.

“Actually, you guys,” Liz interrupted, “I’d like to be alone with Max for a little while if you don’t mind.”

Maria gave Liz a look of wonderment, but then conceded. “Sure. Michael and I will go out to eat, and meet up with you guys back here in a few hours, k?”

Liz nodded, and Michael and Maria left the room. “What was that about?” Max asked.

“I just want to be alone with you for a little while.”

“Not that I’m complaining,” he said with a smile, “but, why?”

“I just want to talk to you. I feel like I haven’t talked to you in so long.”

Max took her little hand in his, and smiled. “I would love that.”

“Think Max and Liz are gonna have a little tryst while we’re gone?”

Maria slapped Michael across the head. “Yeah, right. Knowing Liz, they will spend the night talking about this and that, before falling into a comfortable silence, and then we will show up to interrupt that silence.”

“We do have a knack for interrupting,” Michael smiled. Mari leaned up for a quick kiss and they walked hand in hand out to the street.

Max and Liz sat at a small corner booth in the Hard Rock Café, their meals half-finished. “So, you still want to be a lawyer?” Max asked as he bit into his hamburger.

“Yeah. That hasn’t changed since you. It’s just that now it’s going to take me a little longer since I started later.”

“That’s my fault, isn’t it?” Liz could already see Max mentally kicking his own ass.

“Max, it was not your fault. I’m the one who decided that school could wait while I played house with you and basically forgot about my responsibilities.”

“Yeah, but if it hadn’t been for me, that would have never happened.” Max hated that he was the reason her dreams had been put on hold.

“But, Max, I don’t blame you for that. Being with you, when things were good, anyway, were the best times of my life. I wouldn’t trade those moments for anything.” Liz didn’t want Max to think it was all his fault. A lot of decisions had been her own.

“And the bad times?”

A small smile tugged at her lips. “Lessons learned.”

“So, you’re saying that if you could back...”

Liz looked right into his eyes as she took his hand across the table. “I wouldn’t change a thing.” They smiled softly at each other and went back to their dinner, feeling a small weight lift from their shoulders.

That night, after the gang all agreed that Maria and Michael would take the room adjacent to Max and Liz’s, they all began to part ways, but Maria had to check with Liz first. “Are you sure you’re okay with this, babe? Because I have no problem kicking Michael’s ass out and you can sleep with me.”

Liz nodded slowly with a smile. “Yeah. Max and I have been talking and, I’m sure this will be fine.”

“You still love him, don’t you?” Maria asked sympathetically. Liz just gave her a look, not wanting to answer her. But her somber expression was enough for Maria to know the truth. “Well, in that case, are you sure you want to sleep with him tonight?”

“He’ll be a perfect gentleman.”

“How do you know?”

“Cuz I get the feeling he thinks I’m going to clock him at any moment.”

Maria smiled. “Make sure he continues to be aware of that silent threat.” Liz laughed lightly and gave Maria a quick hug before letting her leave the room.

“Are you sure you’re okay with this, Liz?” Max asked her tentatively. “I can sleep on the couch.”

Liz looked him over. He was wearing a t-shirt and a part of sweat pants. Completely innocent attire. So, instead of answering him, Liz climbed into the bed, and threw the covers over the side, leaving a large space open for Max. He took the invitation and hopped in behind her. “Just...”

“What?” Max asked her. “Some things never change and I’d still do anything for you.”

Liz closed her eyes at the sound of his voice. His breath on the back of her neck was making her feel the things she used to enjoy feeling as a young girl. She twisted her head around to look into his eyes. “Just try to stay on your side.” She was teasing him and he knew it.

“Anything for you, Princess.” He laid back against the pillow, his hands behind his head, while Liz lay beside him, curled up on her side, huge smiles on both of their faces.

The next morning, at the warehouse, Alex was sitting at the table, going over his notes, and adding little things here and there. He looked up when he heard the door open and close. “Where are Max and Liz?” he asked when he only saw Michael and Maria come in.

“They’re on their way. They woke up a little late, so they should be here any minute,” Michael provided.

Back in the Hotel Room...

“I can’t believe we woke up so late,” Liz said as she zipped up her jeans.

“I forgot to set the alarm, I’m sorry.” Max searched his bag for a t-shirt he could wear.

Liz turned to see him still shirtless. Her eyes began to wander over those muscles, remembering the way they had felt whenever she would knead them in the heat of a passionate embrace. She got so lost in her thoughts she didn’t even realize that Max was standing there with a new shirt in his hands, watching her eyes cloud over in desire. He decided he would stand there and allow her to look until she realized he was watching her watch him. When he crossed his arms over his broad chest, Liz’s eyes snapped to his smirking face.

“I’m so sorry,” she blushed furiously.

“It’s okay, Liz.” He looked her in the eyes and said, “You’re still allowed to look.”

Max and Liz finally got to the warehouse, where Michael and Maria were entertaining Alex with the story of how they hooked up. Alex looked up while he laughed when he saw them enter. “Welcome!”

“Sorry, we’re late,” Max said sheepishly.

“It’s alright, Michael and Maria were great company. How did you sleep?”

“Good,” they both answered together, a slight blush on their cheeks. Michael looked between them, doing his best to hide his smile. Maria looked a little worried.

Alex looked back over his notes and began. “Okay! What’s say we get right down to business.” He flipped a couple pages of his notebook. Then he did that finger cracking thing again, and said, “Where did we leave off yesterday?”

“Max and I got into a fight after the doctor had left and then we made up,” Liz informed him.

“Right,” Alex said with a smile. “What happened next? What were those reporters talking to you guys about the night before?”

“Oh, they wanted to know about Liz,” Max said. “They were asking who she was and where she was from, and if we were in love,” Max chuckled.

“What did you tell them?”

“I didn’t tell them anything. I knew they’d find out sooner or later exactly who she was and so, I just went about answering the few questions they asked me about my career. Liz just stood by my side and went along with it.”

Alex nodded. “So, how long did it take them to find out her name?”

Max smiled in remembrance.

June 1998

Banging on the door interrupted Max and Liz’s blissful sleep. Max had his arms wrapped tightly around her, his nose buried in her neck. Liz made a move to get up, but his arms kept her in place. “No,” he groaned.

“Someone’s knocking,” she said.

“Go away!” He yelled out. Michael must have thought Max had said ‘Come in,’ because he did.

“Check this out, buddy!” He threw a tabloid at us. “I’ll bet they are getting a hold of her high school transcripts as we speak.”

Max rubbed the sleepers out of his eyes and he and Liz looked at the paper. “What, do they work through the night?” Liz asked, astonished.

“Pretty much,” Max grumbled. The front page had a photo of Max and Liz the night before at the premiere.

Liz began to read aloud. “Last night, teen heart throb, Max Evans, showed up at the premiere of his new film, Immortal, with a beautiful young girl. When pressed for the name of his latest vixen, Evans directly avoided any questions about her.

Soon afterward, it was discovered that her name is Liz Parker, and that her and Evans have been dating on and off for a few months.”

“On and off?” Max quoted, wondering where the hell their information had come from.

Liz continued to read. “Liz Parker is no actress, nor is she up and coming, which is strange for Max Evans. The actor has never been seen with anyone besides young celebrities and debutantes on his arm. Wonder how long this one will last.”

Liz cocked an eyebrow at Max. “What do you want me to say?” he defended. “I didn’t write it.”

“Wonder how long this one will last?” Liz quoted, suddenly angry.

“Give me that!” Max made a grab for it and Liz hid it behind her back.

Michael could see their flirtation and suddenly felt like an intruder. He silently let himself out. “Wait, Max,” Liz said, keeping it behind her while they rolled around on the bed together.

“Well, what? Let me tear it up for you!”

“But...” He finally stopped and watched Liz put the paper back in front of her, looking at it in awe. “My picture is in here.” He smiled as he realized this was all new for her, and he was glad she was taking it so well. “It’s like the first picture we’ve ever taken together.”

Max leaned over to give her a kiss, and she leaned back, allowing him to take control. “There will be many more. Trust me.” They went in for another kiss.

“I have to leave already, don’t I?” Liz was bummed out. She had to get downstairs where the limo was waiting to take her and Maria back to Roswell. Back to her boring life without Max. Max walked her down to the lobby, just as bummed as she was.

Max took her chin between his thumb and forefinger. “Babygirl...you know we’ll see each other again.” Liz knew, but she still hated leaving. “I’ll call you all the time. This time.” They smiled at their little private joke. He cupped her cheeks in his palms for another sweet kiss, their hands lingering until she finally left for real. Max stood in the lobby of the hotel, watching the limo pull away with Liz and Maria safely inside.

“Lizzie!” Liz’s mom called from the kitchen.

Liz came barreling down the stairs. “What’s up, Mom?”

“Look what I picked up at the grocery store.” She handed Liz a tabloid. The opened page showed a picture of Max and Liz kissing, and then another picture of Max’s forlorn expression as he watched her limo drive away that day. The headline read: They’re In Love! When Liz remained silent, Nancy asked, “Well...anything you want to tell me?”

“Mom, this is a tabloid.”

“So you’re saying it’s not true?”

Liz hesitated before saying, “This is a tabloid!”

Nancy took the paper back. “They know your name. They know where your from, Liz!”

“What do you want me to do about it?” Liz was at a loss. She couldn’t stop them from printing her picture. Nancy just shook her head and left the room. Liz smiled behind her back and took the paper to her room.

“Hey, Mom,” Max said as he hugged her.

“I’ve missed you, Max. You never come home anymore.”

“I’m sorry, Mom, I’ve just been busy is all.”

“With Liz Parker?” Max gave her a questioning look. “A mother knows everything, Max.” He smiled. “And it’s been in every tabloid for the past week.” Max laughed openly then.

“Love what you’ve done with the place,” Max said while he looked around. She had turned the three story mansion into a vision of perfection. Max had bought it for her just a year ago, and she was absolutely in love with it.

As a mother and son sat at the dinner table that night, going over their past, and hoping that the future would be much brighter.

“Oh my gosh, you called!” Liz screeched into the phone.

“I promised you I would,” Max smiled.

“The tabloids are having a field day with us.”

“More like a field week,” Max laughed. “Are you okay with it?”

“Well, I’ve been saving every clipping I can find.” They laughed together. “Where are you?”

“I’m in Minnesota with my mom.”

“How is she?”

“She’s good. She wants to meet you.”

“I would love to meet her, too. My mom wants you for dinner,” Liz mumbled.

“To eat?” Max joked.

“If you’re lucky,” Liz joked back.

“You tell her I’ll be there as soon as I can.”

Liz smiled. “Okay. When are you going back to L.A.?”

“Tonight, actually. I have some business to take care of.”

“Is everything okay?”

“Yeah, everything’s perfect. I’ve gotta go though, Michael’s waiting.”

“Aww,” Liz sighed.

“Don’t pout. I’ll call you back as soon as I get another chance.”

“Okay. I’ll miss you.”

“I miss you already, Princess.” Max hung up the phone and went outside, where Michael was honking the horn.

“Let’s go already!” Max hopped in the car and headed to the airport, where he would catch a quick flight back to L.A., where he planned to meet up with a blonde-headed son-of-a-bitch.

“You are not backing out on me. You promised!” Maria shouted outside Liz’s bathroom door.

“Chill, Maria!” Liz said as she emerged from the bathroom. “I am not backing out.” Liz came out, turned around so that Maria could zip up her dress.

“Damn, girl, you look hot! West Roswell will not know what hit them!” Maria whistled at Liz’s short, red dress, the diamond heart around her neck, and the bracelet around her wrist.

“Remember, I’m there for you, and no other reason.”

“Yeah, yeah,” Maria said as she dragged Liz out of her house and to the latest party.

AN: I pop back and forth between Max and Liz here and I didn’t use the asterisks because the song is in the middle of all of it, so I hope I don’t confuse anyone.

“Max, are you sure you want to do this? Especially in the guy’s home?” Michael wasn’t so sure about this plan. Max and he were in front of Curtis’s house, and Max looked ready to explode, and it wasn’t because of the summer heat.

“If we do it here, it’ll be a while before anyone finds him, and I want him in as much pain as possible for as long as possible.” Max cracked his knuckles as he hopped out of his Porsche, without using the door, smashing the empty tequila bottle on the ground, and Michael reluctantly followed.

Hot summer streets and the pavements are burning
I sit around
Trying to smile, but the air is so heavy and dry
Strange voices are saying (Ah, what did they say)
Things I can’t understand
It’s too close for comfort
This heat has got right out of hand

The party was in full swing when Liz and Maria showed up. People were dancing in the living room and there was a keg in the kitchen. Everyone seemed to be having a good time, and Maria planned on having one, too. She pulled Liz over to the kitchen, right for the keg.

It’s a cruel (cruel)
Cruel summer
Leaving me here on my own
It’s a cruel (cruel)
Cruel summer
Now you’re gone

Max knocked on Curtis’s door, waiting not so patiently for it to open. Luckily, Curtis was the one to answer. “Max! What are you...” He didn’t have time to finish the sentence before Max had thrown a right hook to his jaw.

Michael looked behind them to make sure no one was around, and closed the door quickly before anyone passing by would see what was happening. When Michael came back, Max had Curtis on the shiny floor of the hallway, the kid’s blood splattering the walls. Michael stood back, allowing Max to take his rage out.

The city is crowded, my friends are away and I'm on my own
It's too hot to handle, so I gotta get up and go, and go

It's a cruel, (cruel) cruel summer
It's a cruel, (it's a cruel) cruel summer
Now you're gone
You're not the only one

Liz was actually having some fun. She was sitting on the sofa with a wine cooler tightly in hand, remembering quite vividly why she would never again leave her drink unattended. Then again, she thought to herself, if Max is present... She smiled at the thought.

Kyle Valenti, captain of the West Roswell High football and basketball teams, sat down next to Liz then, draping his arm over her shoulder. “Must be a good daydream. Was it about me?”

“Could you be any cockier?” Liz asked as she carefully removed his arm from around her.

“So sorry, sweetheart,” he smiled his million dollar smile at her. “It’s just that I heard this rumor and I had to come and find out for myself.”

It's a cruel, cruel summer (leaving me)
Now you're gone
You're not the only one

Liz knew what rumor he had heard. The school had been buzzing about it the entire week, but no one had yet to approach her about it. “What rumor would that be Kyle? Maybe I can help you validate it.” She smiled at him sweetly.

“Rumor has it that you and Max Evans are dating.”

“It’s true,” she said quickly, taking another sip of her drink.

Kyle continued as if she hadn’t said a word. “Now, I said that’s bull. It must be some other guy, a real guy, named Max Evans, right? It’s a popular name, right?”

Now don't you leave me
Now don't you leave me
Well don't you leave me
Come on, come on

Now don't you leave me
Now don't you leave me
Well don't you leave me

Come on, come on

Liz decided that words were overrated, so she slipped into her purse and pulled out a small folded up piece of paper, and handed it to Kyle. She watched his eyes go wide when he opened it up and saw the picture in the tabloid Liz had been toting around with her. It was the one of her and Max kissing, with the They’re In Love! headline. Kyle just nodded, trying to be cool all of a sudden, handed her back the paper, and made his way back to his friends with his tail between his legs. Liz smiled triumphantly as she watched him go.

When Kyle got back to his friends, they began to heckle him for being shot down, and Kyle just looked back over at Liz, who was now joined by Maria, determination etched on his face, and said, “It’s not over, yet, sweetheart.”

Now you're goneYou're not the only one

Max wiped the blood off his knuckles on his jeans as he stared down at the lifeless body of his last co-star. Michael had just pulled him off, knowing Max probably would have killed him. Max leaned down, close to Curtis’s head, and whispered, “If you ever go near her again, I won’t bring Michael next time.”

Now you're gone
You're not the only one

Max left the guy on the floor and went back to the car. Michael looked back at Curtis and thought that if he was left there too long, he wouldn’t make it. The guy was laying face first in a pool of his own blood and it looked like a massacre had just taken place. His face was beaten so badly, nobody off the street would even recognize the young star. He ran to the phone and called 911. The operator picked up and Michael simply said, “Help.”

It's a cruel, cruel summer

It's a cruel summer
Ace of Base- Cruel Summer

He ran out the door and got in the car, speeding off with Max, silently hoping the police would get there soon.

TBC...
Last edited by Luzser1800 on Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Luzser1800
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Luzser1800 »

AN: I am back! People seem to have mixed feelings about what Max did. I, for one, am not going to explain the boy's actions. He will have to do that himself. :P This part is a little shorter than normal, but hopefully, I will make up for it next part.

CHAPTER 9

“Geez, Max.” Alex was deeply unsettled by this. Michael had his head down, trying to stop picturing Curtis on the floor of that hallway. He had never seen anything so bad in his life. He had no idea a human being could look like that after a beating.

Liz and Maria were also affected by what had happened. Max, on the other hand, remained stoic throughout the story. He knew what he had done. He knew it had been bad. He also knew that at the time, he felt that Curtis had deserved it.

Looking back on it, Max was sure he might have done things differently, but then, there was no other option for him. In fact, even then, he had been so drunk, that nothing had mattered except for the pain he was inflicting on his co-star. All that had mattered was that Curtis would never touch Liz again.

“Why would you go so far, Max?”

“He deserved it.”

“Are you serious?” Alex asked incredulously. “He didn’t rape her.”

“But he might have! Given the opportunity, he sure as hell would have! And he wasn’t going to get away with it!” There was a fire burning in Max’s eyes. His whole body was tense, and everyone could tell, that even after all these years, the thought of anything happening to Liz still made his blood boil.

“Alright,” Alex put his hands up in defense. “Did you know about that, Liz?”

“Well, one of Hollywood’s hot young actors is beaten to a bloody pulp in his own home, and no one knows who’s done it, yeah, that’s not something they wouldn’t put on the news,” Liz mentioned sarcastically.

June 1998

Curtis Bradley, co-star of the hit film, Immortal, was rushed to the emergency room yesterday afternoon after being discovered by police in his Los Angeles home. He was beaten and battered, though police could not find a weapon or any incriminating evidence as to who was responsible. All police have is a 911 tape where someone called and simply said ‘Help.’ We will keep you posted on this atrocious crime as soon as we have any new information.

“Lizzie! School!” Liz turned off the television, unable to express how she felt seeing that news report. Curtis Bradley was in the hospital after being severely beaten. She had seen him less than two weeks ago at the after-party with Max. He had slipped ecstacy in her drink and then tried to... No way! She thought, as she rushed down the stairs and out the door, where Maria was waiting.

“What is up with you?” Maria asked.

“Did you see the news this morning?”

“Do I ever watch the news?”

“Curtis Bradley was beaten so bad he had to be rushed to the emergency room.”

“Curtis Bradley? Oh, the cute blonde from the after-party.”

“That’s the one.” Liz was practically hopping in her seat. She had to talk to Max, and soon.

“So?”

“So...he was hitting on me at the party.”

“So what? Lots of guys hit on...” A light seemed to flash across Maria’s eyes as she looked at Liz. “You don’t think Max...” Maria couldn’t even finish the sentence. She had known Max was an asshole, but to beat a guy nearly to death?

“Let’s just get to school.”

“But, Liz, Max could be dangerous. You shouldn’t be with him if he’s like this.” Maria was flipping out now, and Liz needed to make her understand.

“Maria, first of all, we don’t know for sure. And secondly,” she trailed off a second and then started again. “Max would never hurt me.”

“How the hell do you know?”

“Because I can see it when he looks at me. It’s like I’m some precious gem. He’s never been anything but tender and sweet.”

“But, Liz...”

“Just drop it for now, Ria, please. Like I said, we don’t even know for sure.” Maria became quiet and drove them to school, knowing that Liz was right, and they didn’t know for sure. Liz, though, despite what she told Maria, was almost positive.

“So, you already had a pretty good feeling?” Alex asked Liz.

Liz nodded. “I needed to know for sure. So, as soon as I got to school that morning, I got on the payphone and called Max.”

June 1998

“Good morning, babygirl. To what do I owe this pleasure?” His voice was husky with sleep. He was being so sweet that for a moment, Liz thought there was no way he could have done it.

“I need to talk to you,” she said, determined to not let his good attitude deter her.

“You are talking to me,” he said with a smile.

“No, I need to talk to you in person.”

“What’s wrong?” He could hear the trouble in her voice.

“Just come here now.”

Now?! Baby, I can’t just...”

Now, Max!” With that, Liz hung up the phone and went to class, hoping she didn’t piss him off.

Max stared at the phone in his hand in disbelief. “She hung up on me.”

“What?” Michael came into Max’s room scratching his bed head.

“She hung up on. No one hangs up on me, Michael. Not even my agent, and he’s got balls of steel.” Max chuckled at how cute his little spitfire was. He pulled the covers off and got dressed.

“Kyle, I already told you that I don’t want to.” Liz was sitting at her lunch table trying to explain to Kyle, again, that she didn’t want to go out with him.

“Come on, Liz, one date. How’s it’s gonna hurt?”

“Because, Kyle, I have a boy...” She stopped in mid-sentence when she heard the screeching tires. She looked over Kyle’s shoulder and saw the familiar Porsche pull into the parking lot. “I gotta go.” She pushed past Kyle and made a beeline for the parking lot. She saw Max hop out of the car without using the door, his sunglasses hiding his beautiful eyes.

Max wasn’t sure what it had been that had compelled him to come at Liz’s beckon call, but there was something in her tone that told him he better get there, and fast. So, he had taken a direct flight straight to Roswell, wanting to know exactly what it was she had wanted to say to him. As he watched giddy girls coming towards him, he realized that it didn’t matter what she wanted. He was love’s bitch and he was man enough to admit it ...to himself anyway.

By the time Liz got there, Max was smiling for some adoring girls from her school, handing out autographs. When he saw the look on her face, he smiled at the girls. “Sorry, girls, I’ve gotta go.” Liz pushed through the crowd. “Hello, gorgeous.” He leaned down to give her a kiss and she carefully avoided his lips.

“Get in the car.” Max complied with her request, seeing that she had something on her mind. He opened the door for her and climbed in his own side. He took them to the deserted park in town where he had first given her the necklace she still wore.

He parked and turned to her, his arm draped over the back of her chair. “Now, would you mind telling me why I had to take a direct flight to Roswell?” He wasn’t angry, and for that Liz was pleased.

“Did you do it?”

“What?” He seemed to have no idea what she was talking about.

“Curtis?”

He gritted his jaw. “How did you find out?”

“So, you did do it.”

“How did you find out, Liz?”

“It’s been all over the news, Max. Why would you do that?”

Max took a deep breath. “He was going to hurt you.”

“But he didn’t!”

“And if he had, I would have killed him!” His voice was full of conviction.

“You’re gonna stand by this?” Liz was astonished that he didn’t think what he had done was wrong.

“He deserved it.” Max looked forward at the wheel, and Liz knew he wouldn’t budge.

“Max, you’re scaring me,” she told him in a meek voice.

He turned to face her, taking her cheeks in his palms. “Baby, I’m sorry. But he could have hurt you. Nobody hurts you. Nobody.” A tear fell down her cheek and he quickly wiped it away. “It won’t happen again.”

“Promise me. Promise me you’ll never get that out of control again.”

“When it comes to you I can’t help myself.” He had avoided her question on purpose. When it came to Liz Parker, his actions were unpredictable. He waited until she seemed to calm a bit and took her into his arms. She cried into his shoulder. “I’d do anything for you, Liz. Anything.” Liz believed him in that moment. And more than put her at ease, it terrified her.

“So that scared you?” Alex asked as he wrote in his pad.

“At first it did. The weird thing is...” she lowered her eyes almost ashamed for what she was about to say. “A part of me liked it.” All eyes were on Liz now. “A part of me enjoyed that Max had stuck up for me so viciously. I knew deep down that what he did was wrong, but there was still that part of me.”

Alex could understand what Liz was saying. He could sympathize with her in that moment, believing everything she said. Her next words, though, made him sit straight up.

“And he played on that!” She had seemed to spit the words out, and Max had to close his eyes at the sudden pain of the light in the room.

“I didn’t play on it, Liz. When I said those words to you, I meant them. In that moment, sitting in that car with you, I knew you were the one. That’s where those words came from. My heart was no longer my own and it needed to tell you how it felt.” Max could see his words penetrate her anger, and so put his warm hand on top of hers on the table, grateful when she didn’t pull away.

“What words?” Alex interrupted.

June 1998

When Max pulled back to look at her tear streaked face, he wanted to take those tears away. He knew that she was upset about what he had done, that his actions might have even frightened her, but he could also see the small part of her that was excited at how he had defended her honor. His next words may have seemed perfectly calculated, when in fact, he couldn’t have thought of a better time to say them. “I love you, Liz.”

“What?” Liz wasn’t completely sure she had heard him correctly, and so she looked into his eyes.

“I told you I’d do anything for you.”

“Yeah, I heard that part.”

“And that’s because...” he trailed off for a moment, then took her face in his palms again. “Because I’m in love with you.”

Liz was shocked. Sure, she had felt his feelings through every touch and look he would give her, but to hear him say the words out loud almost made her stop breathing. Those words made her forget everything else about the moment. The reason she had called him was irrelevant as those words hit every string in her heart.

“I love you, too, Max.” He looked so happy in that moment, that when he pulled Liz back to him for another kiss, nothing else mattered.

TBC...