Scripted (AU ML/MM ADULT) AN 1/14/07 [WIP]

This is the place where fics that have not been updated in the past three months will be moved until the author asks a mod to move them back to an active board.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, truelovepooh, Forum Moderators

Luzser1800
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Luzser1800 »

AN: As promised, here is the next part before I disappear for a couple weeks. Yay! Hubby should be here in a couple days! When he leaves again, I will be back, but for now, here ya go. Oh, and by the way, this chapter is dedicated to Lissa! Thanks for the help, hun!

CHAPTER 20

When everyone came back to reality from their past reflections, Alex had stars in his eyes. “You guys were so sweet together.”

Max took Liz’s hand and both of them had blushes on their cheeks. “We were a cute couple,” Max said.

“Still are,” Liz smiled and kissed him.

“Wait, you guys got back together?” Alex sat up straight in his chair. “When did this happen?”

“Last night,” Liz admitted shyly.

“You do realize that this has to stay private for now?” Alex remarked and watched as they all looked at him like he was crazy. “Seriously. This is not something we want getting out until the story breaks, and by that, I mean, the film.”

Max and Liz looked to each other for support and they both seemed to silently agree that Alex may be right. “We should wait,” Liz said first and Max just nodded. He squeezed her hand and she smiled at him.

“What ever happened to those pictures, Max?” Alex asked after another moment of silence.

Max grinned bashfully and reached in his back pocket. He pulled out his wallet and opened it to the middle. The photo of him and Liz kissing stared up at him. Liz looked over his shoulder to see and bit her lip. She gave Max a secret smile. “What?” he asked curiously.

She dug into her purse and pulled out her wallet. The same picture right in the middle. “Aww...” Maria couldn’t help it. “That is too sweet.”

Michael rolled his eyes and shook his head. He coughed into his hand. “Pussies!”

“Oh, yeah, well what pictures do you have in your wallet, tough guy?” Alex asked in amusement.

“I don’t carry pictures in my wallet.” Michael puffed out his chest. Maria huffed beside him and stuck her hand in his back pocket, ignoring his protest. When she flipped it open to the middle, there was a picture of her and Michael, smiling at each other.

“Aww, you guys were so cute together,” Liz said as she leaned over.

“Wait a minute,” Max said. “That’s a recent picture.” He looked between the two of them, as did Liz. “I thought you guys broke up five years ago.”

Michael and Maria looked at each other in shock. Neither one of them knew exactly what to say. They hadn’t planned for this to come out so soon. They had planned to tell Max and Liz that night in the hotel room.

“What’s going on, you guys?” Liz asked slowly. She wasn’t sure why Michael and Maria would still be spending time together, even though she couldn’t fault them for it. But she wondered why Maria never mentioned it to her whenever they would speak on the phone.

“Uh...you know...” Maria started, but wasn’t able to finish.

“Um...” Alex piped up. “Do you guys think this could possibly wait for the moment? We still have some time in the day.” He looked at each of them and saw them all relent little by little.

“Yeah,” Max said gruffly, suspicion splattered all over his face. “It can wait a little while.”

“Good, let’s get moving.” Alex pushed his pen to the notepad and waited for them to continue the story.

December 1998

The group toasted their glasses of wine around the fireplace on a snowy Christmas Eve in Minnesota. In a small, intimate circle around a beautiful white Christmas tree sat Max, Liz, Michael, Maria, Diane, and Nancy. Maria’s mother couldn’t come because she had already made plans with one of her latest boyfriends. Maria claimed that it didn’t bother her, after all, she had spent many other holidays with Liz and her family for the same reason. Michael didn’t care what she said, which is why he kept her close to his side the entire time.

Max and Liz had seemed to never be happier. They sipped from their glasses while gazing into each other’s eyes, which sparkled with the blinking lights from the tree. Diane and Nancy had seemed to hit it off since this morning, speaking openly about their children every chance they could get.

They had all been filled up with a baked lasagne dinner and many other side dishes. They now sat, recovering from such a fulfilling meal. “This is a beautiful tree, Diane,” Nancy remarked as she marveled at it.

“Thank you,” Diane smiled. “Max helped me pick it out. We decided against a real tree because Max seemed to prefer the color white this year.” She glanced over at her son who simply shrugged his shoulders.

“There’s a purity about it.” He held Liz’s eyes as he said it, making her cheeks redden under his gaze.

“Wow!” Michael broke the silence. “It’s getting late. Maria?” He stood up and thrust out his hand for her to take, which she did.

“Yeah, I’m pretty tired myself.” She stood up next to him. “Your room?” she asked and Michael simply nodded, leading her up the stairs.

Max took that as a cue. He stood up with a sexy grin and held his hand out to Liz. “My room?”

“Oh, I don’t think so, Max.” Nancy quickly got up, shaking her head disapprovingly.

“Oh, Nancy, it’s really okay,” Diane tried to reason with a wave of her hand. “They sleep in his room every time they come here.”

Liz shut her eyes and bit down on both of her lips in complete discomfort. The look on her mother’s face didn’t go unnoticed either. That look of “Oh really??” Nancy just bit back an unpleasant smile and said, “You know what?” Everyone looked at her expectantly. She stared at Max and Liz. “Why don’t the two of you decide which room will be Liz’s, and I am going to sit with Diane for a little while longer.” Max and Liz nodded and went upstairs, leaving both mothers alone.

“Was there something you wanted to talk to me about, Nancy?” Diane asked politely.

“Yes, actually.” She sat down on the couch and waited for Diane to follow suit.

“Well, what is it?” Max’s mother sat down with one foot curled underneath her and put her chin in one hand. “There hasn’t been a problem with Max, has there?”

“Actually...” Nancy wasn’t exactly sure how she was even supposed to approach such a subject. She figured she would just open her mouth and come right out with it.

“What do you think they’re talking about down there?” Max asked as he led Liz into a small bedroom upstairs. He dropped her suitcase by the door and turned to face her. Liz closed the door behind them.

Liz shrugged her shoulders. “I dunno,” she said and pushed him back on the bed. “I don’t really care.” She smiled and followed him down. She kissed him slowly, plundering his sweet mouth with her tongue. “Mmmm...” she moaned into his mouth. “I feel like I never get enough of you.”

“The feeling is so mutual,” he said with a smile before taking her lips again. “I don’t know how long we can continue this with your mom right downstairs gunning for me,” he teased lightly.

She rolled her eyes as she unbuttoned his shirt quickly. “Have you ever seen old ladies get together? They don’t know how to stop talking.” She pushed the shirt from his shoulders and he sat up to make it easier for her to get it off him.

“I hope you’re right.” He let out a long breath as she moved down his chest and nipped lightly on his abdomen. She stroked the ridges of his six pack with the tip of her tongue. “God, Liz,” he whispered. He was trying to be quiet. He didn’t want anyone walking in on this and ruining it for them. “I need your flesh,” he said while he lifted up on his elbows and quickly discarded her black turtleneck sweater. Her bra followed soon after.

She fell back on top of him, loving how his warm skin melded with her cooler body. His hands gently ran up and down her naked back, making her wish he could touch her everywhere at once. His kisses moved to the side of her neck, marking her lightly. When he saw the darkening of her skin there, he smiled to himself.

Max managed to squirm his fingers down the back of her tight jeans, but soon realized they were too damn tight and pulled away to run around to the front of her. The snap of her jeans came undone in no time and his hands were right back to where they were, this time, splaying out over the apple of her bottom, pushing her lower body down into his.

Liz couldn’t stop the moan when she felt the shot of pleasure straight to her core. It was way too short-lived for her taste though, and she pushed down harder. She felt his groan gyrate against the swell of her left breast, where his mouth was currently creating even more sensation.

Their lower bodies seemed to have a mind of their own as they wiggled and writhed against each other, both creating the act of sex without seeming to realize they still had clothes on. “Fuck...” Max breathed, keeping her lower body right where he needed it by gripping her ass in an almost painful way.

Liz could feel his perfectly manicured fingernails creating dents in her flesh, but she couldn’t seem to register any pain. All she could feel was the jolts of satisfaction course through every single vein and nerve in her groin area. She knew she was close. So damn close. Her hips bucked faster against his and she watched as he gritted his teeth.

Max was bordering on pleasure and pain and he had to admit, he had never felt so amazing. He had never had another woman evoke such feelings inside him. His heart nearly burst with how much he knew she wanted him and how much he wanted her even more.

“Liz!” Her mother’s voice reverberated off the hallway walls outside their door.

Liz stopped immediately but Max couldn’t bring himself to do the same. “No!” He growled and pushed his hips up further. He couldn’t stop. Not yet. Not until that cool gel washed over every artery in his body that was burning hot with charged electricity. “She’s so far away, Liz, please!” He he pleaded desperately.

Liz looked at the door in terror, but when she looked back down at how desperate her boyfriend was, she knew she couldn’t stop yet. She allowed him to hold her tight and pump up into her with such speed and force that it served to silence her moans. “Max, please, hurry!”

“Liz!” They could both hear her mother opening and closing doors as she made her way closer and closer down the hall.

“Uhhh!” Max’s moan was only slightly muffled by Liz’s nipple. Liz felt him pulse against her over and over again and just as he unconsciously arched up to empty himself into his pants, Liz came undone in his arms with a softer moan against his chest.

They looked into each other’s eyes, breathing heavily, and wanting more than anything to cherish the moment between them, but when they heard another door slam, they sprang into action, throwing their clothes back on as quickly as possible.

“Liz!” She could hear her mother getting annoyed and her eyes ran over the room for something, anything, they could use against getting caught. Her suitcase came into her view and Max helped her throw it on the bed and open it up. They flung her clothes all over the room, trying their best not to laugh as they heard her mother call again.

“In here, Mom!” Liz called out and Max ran into the adjacent bathroom to clean himself up.

“Didn’t you hear me calling you?” Nancy opened the door to her room just as the bathroom door was closing to hide Max from her mother’s sight. “Where did Max go?” Her mother searched out the room but couldn’t find anything weird.

“He’s in the bathroom, Mom,” Liz said as calmly as she could manage. “I was just...unpacking.” She gestured to the clothes laying around the room.

“This is how you unpack?” her mother asked in a disbelieving tone.

“I wanted to change!” Liz’s lie came quick. “I couldn’t find my pajamas.” Her response was meek and Diane was no fool.

“Mmm hmm...” Her mother looked around the room once more. “Max better find his way back to his own room. You hear me, Max?” She called.

“Yes Ma’am,” he said back through the bathroom door.

“I’ll be back in ten minutes.” That motherly tone was all over her words and Liz knew better than to have Max still there when her mother came back.

When her mother finally left, Max came out of the bathroom with a sloppy grin on his handsome face. “Whew!” He joked. “That was close.” Liz threw a pillow at him which he caught with a laugh.

TBC...
Last edited by Luzser1800 on Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Luzser1800
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Luzser1800 »

AN: Okay, I am back, and as promised, here, on Friday the 14th, is the next chapter. Thanx for all the wonderful feedback, I really appreciate it and I hope you like this part. It's a little short, but I hope it's good anyway. Enjoy!

Chapter 21

“So, everyone spent Christmas together,” Alex said and watched them all nod. “What was your mother talking to Max’s mother about?”

Liz shrugged her shoulders. “I don’t know, I wasn’t there.” She had to bite down on her smile.

“She didn’t mention anything to you after that?”

“No,” Liz shook her head.

“We have to fill that space with something,” Alex pondered. He stuck his chin out and tapped it with his forefinger. “Did your mom act any differently after that? Any tip at all that would tell you what they had been talking about?”

Liz shook her head, completely oblivious. “I don’t think so.” She drew her eyebrows together, trying to remember if anything had been off about her mother after that night, but couldn’t find a single instance.

“What about your mom, Max?” Alex asked. “She ever say anything?”

“After Liz left, after Christmas was over, all my mom said to me was to treat Liz right.” Max shrugged, “So, I guess it could have been just two mothers talking about their children dating. I really don’t have any other explanation.”

“Hmm...” Alex was trying to figure out whether or not that part would be in the film. He wanted the story to be accurate, but he really wished he had known what the mothers had been talking about.

“Can we wrap this up, maybe?” Michael growled. “I’m tired and hungry.”

Alex sighed heavily. He had to admit that even he was a little hungry. “Alright. Meet back here in the morning?”

“Yeah, we know the drill,” Michael said, helping Maria out of her chair and reminding Max and Liz about the conversation they were due to have soon.

Max and Liz made it back to the hotel in record time, but Michael and Maria had yet to show up. They were now sitting on their bed, not saying anything. After a few minutes, Max decided to break the silence. “Can I ask you something?”

“Sure,” Liz said.

“Did you hate me?” He looked her in the eyes. She could see him visibly swallow, and he looked terrified of what she would say.

“I didn’t hate you, Max,” Liz said with a small shake of her head. “I never hated you. I hated what you had become.”

Max turned away from her. “I hated you,” he confessed, and Liz’s shock was apparent. He turned back to her. “Right after you left, I blamed you for everything that had happened.” Liz obviously didn’t understand. “I felt like...maybe if you had....if only you’d given me an ultimatum. If only you’d made me choose. I kept telling myself over and over that I would have chosen you every time.”

Liz put her head down, for the first time in her life, wondering if it had been her fault he had gotten so out of hand.

“I was an idiot.” Liz looked at him then. “It took me a lot of therapy to realize that even if you had given me an ultimatum at the time, that I wouldn’t have chosen you. I felt like it was your fault for a long time because I knew that no matter what I did, no matter how I hurt you, that I could come crawling back, and you would open your arms to me. That you would take me back every time. I stopped wondering when it would be too much for you. I stopped wondering if there would come a time when I would be on my knees and you wouldn’t be there. I thought you’d always be there. I was such a fool.”

The unshed tears swam in Liz’s big brown eyes. Max wiped the one tear that did manage to fall with his thumb. “I loved you, Max. I really did. I didn’t want to leave. I wanted to stay by you the whole way through. I knew that when you were acting the way you were, that it wasn’t really you. And I tried to stay, I really did.” The tears fell freely now as she cried brokenly. “I just couldn’t take it anymore.”

“I know,” he whispered just as brokenly. “I know, and it wasn’t your fault, baby.” He put his forehead against hers. He looked right into her eyes. “I was destroying you. Little by little, I was killing you.” He pulled back a little. “Near the end of our relationship, when you became so closed off, so less innocent...” he lolled his head to stare deeper into her eyes, “People always assumed that I had picked you up off the streets and saved you from a life of poverty. And people always thought that your impoverished life had turned your heart cold.”

Liz wiped the tears from her eyes, even though they were still coming strong. She remembered when people would assume that she had come from such a hard life and that it had hardened her soul, too. It had gotten to the point where she would be snapping at reporters and photographers. She wouldn’t want to answer their private questions and she made it clear when she would open her mouth. The press always made it look like Max was the Prince Charming who had swept a Cinderella Liz off her feet and into a world of diamonds and pearls. Nobody had known the truth.

“But I knew Liz Parker when she was barely fifteen years old,” Max continued in a feverish whisper. “I knew her when her heart was pure, and full of dreams.” Liz sniffled. “I knew her when she was the sweetest girl you could ever meet. When her smile could light up a room.” Liz’s lips twitched upward. “And I tell people now that a life on the streets didn’t do that to Liz Parker.” Liz stared into his eyes. “I tell people now that Max Evans did it.”

Liz collapsed against him, her cries beginning all over again. “Oh, Max.” She shivered in the circle of his embrace. “I’m so sorry everything had to happen the way it did. I wish we could go back and start over.”

“I don’t,” Max said. “Everything we went through brought us here today as the people we are today. We were too young and had too much money and too much damn time on our hands.” Liz stifled a small laugh at that. “I”m glad it happened. All of it.” He put his head down, then. “Except for the night of the movie awards, of course. That I wish every day that I could take back.”

“I don’t blame you for that, Max. That wasn’t you.” Liz tried to make him understand. “I don’t blame you.”

“That doesn’t make me any less sorry that it happened.” He took her into his arms and buried her head against his heart. He was glad to get everything off his chest. To be honest with her and have her be honest back. It was a healing process that he was now positive they would survive.

An hour went by before Max started to wonder about Michael and Maria, who still weren’t back yet. He wasn’t sure what to feel over Michael and Maria’s suddenly exposed relationship. He couldn’t believe that for five years, he had been so consumed by his own pity party over Liz that he had failed to even notice his assistant’s private affairs. He didn’t know whether he should feel angry that he had been kept in the dark so long. That Michael had probably known all along where Liz had been and had never mentioned it to Max. Angry that Michael had known how badly Max had wanted to find Liz and he had never said a word.

A larger part of him was relieved that Michael had known that Liz had been okay. He was glad that his best friend and confidant had been able to watch over his love through Maria. He was grateful that he and Liz had such good friends in their lives.

Right now, on the bed in the hotel room with Liz tucked under his arm, he waited for Michael and Maria to work up the courage to face him and Liz. He had a funny feeling that they were right outside the door, talking each other to death about what they would say. He found himself smirking at the thought.

“Are you sure we’re ready for this?’ Maria asked for the fourth time since arriving outside Max and Liz’s door.

“We’re gonna have to face them sooner or later. We might as well get it over with.”

“You’re right,” Maria nodded. “But I still don’t want to.”

“I’ll hold your hand the whole time,” he said while looking into her eyes. He took her hand just as he had promised and knocked sharply on the door. He heard Max yell ‘Come In’ and let himself and Maria inside.

Michael had been prepared for a scowling Max to start throwing random questions at him and Maria. He had been prepared for a little yelling. He hadn’t been prepared for what actually happened.

Max and Liz were curled up together on the bed, watching television and just waiting for Michael and Maria to come in. They looked at their best friends with empathy, and not resentment. “Hey,” Max said softly.

“Hey,” Michael and Maria both said nervously.

“Why didn’t you tell me, Maria?” Liz asked softly. “I thought we told each other everything.”

“We do, babe. It’s just...things were so strained with you and Max, I thought you’d be mad at me dating Michael. I’m sor-“

Michael spoke up and cut his girlfriend off. “Don’t do that.” He looked Max in the eyes and said, “We’re not going to apologize because we didn’t do anything wrong.”

“If you didn’t think it was wrong, then why did you hide it from us?” Max asked calmly.

Michael opened his mouth to retort, but couldn’t figure out what to say. Maria said it for him. “We’re not sorry for our relationship. We are sorry for not telling you guys about it, though.”

“That’s all you had to say,” Max shrugged and turned back to the television.

Michael’s mouth hung open and again, Maria spoke for him. “That’s it?”

“What did you want us to say, Maria?” Liz asked. She and Max had already talked about this prior to Michael and Maria showing up. They knew their friends would be punishing themselves way more than anything Max and Liz could say to them.

“I don’t know, I guess we were just expecting you two to be more...” Maria shook her head silently in awe.

“Maria, you guys are adults. If you want to be together, who are we to stop you?” Max asked them.

“So you guys are okay with this?” Michael asked them and watched them nod their heads. “Well, alright,” Michael said with only slight discomfort. He was never one to make a big production of things and if Max and Liz were cool then he could be too. He took Maria’s hand and began to lead them out of the room. “We’re just gonna...” He cocked his head toward the door and then walked quickly until they were back in the hallway.

He let out a deep breath when they were in the hall and he looked down at his girlfriend. “Wow, that was pretty...”

“Unexpected,” Maria provided.

“Since when are you finishing my sentences now? Damn, woman!”

“What, we were in the same situation, I knew exactly what you were going to say,” she said exasperated.

“We’ve been together way too long,” he grumbled as he led her back to their room.

TBC...

PS. And, oh yeah! You will find out what Diane and Nancy talked about later. It's just that at the moment, Liz doesn't remember. But it will come to her and to the readers, later.
Luzser1800
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Luzser1800 »

CHAPTER 22

AN: Okay, everyone seems to be mad at Michael and Maria for apologizing to Max and Liz. Tequathisy, you already got my PM, so you know where I am going with this.

Michael specifically said that he would not apologize for their relationship, only that he was sorry for keeping it a secret. As Lissa mentioned to me earlier, it is easier for us to understand why Michael didn’t tell Max. Max would have been relentless if he had known he might have a way to contact Liz. But Maria, she really was sorry for not telling Liz. She didn’t have a huge reason to keep it a secret other than assuming Liz would not approve. This chapter should clear up any misunderstandings between the friends, and hopefully, nobody else will think that Max and Liz sat there allowing Michael and Maria to feel sorry for being together. That was never my intention at all. It’s alright though, it’s my fault as the author for not explaining it better.

Thank you again for all the feedback. It means a lot. :D This chapter is a little short, but hopefully you like it anyway.

The next morning, everyone switched places on their way to meet Alex. Max and Michael were driving in Max’s car on the way to the warehouse so that they could talk about the night before. “We’re cool, right, Max?” Michael asked on the way to the warehouse.

“Oh, yeah, Michael. Liz and I aren’t mad at you guys for not telling us. I know why you didn’t tell me, but Liz was just a little hurt that Maria couldn’t tell her.”

“It wasn’t about trusting Liz,” Michael explained. “It’s just that Maria was afraid that Liz would get mad because she was trying to keep you out of her life.” Max had to lower his eyes briefly at the admission. “Maria was afraid that if Liz knew she and I were still dating, that somehow her location would slip and you would find out where she was.”

“Yeah, speaking of which...”

“Max, it’s not what you’re thinking,” Michael said quickly. “I had no idea where she was. Maria never told me and I really didn’t want to know.” Max nodded, his eye distant. “I didn’t need to be in the middle of it.”

“You’re right,” Max smiled at him. “But everything seems to have worked out, right?”

“Seems to,” Michael agreed. “I just hope you and Liz getting back together so soon won’t be a bad idea.”

“Why do you say that?”

The Porsche pulled into a spot outside the warehouse. “There’s still a lot more pain to go through.”

“We’ve talked about it,” Max said as he saw Maria’s car pull into a spot near him. “It’s in the past.”

“Yeah, it is in the past, but we haven’t finished talking about it yet. We’re rehashing some really bad memories here. Are you sure Liz is going to be able to move past it right after we reopen those wounds?”

Max and Michael looked hard at each other. Max wasn’t sure if he wanted to accept what his best friend was telling him. He thought that by talking about everything the night prior, that he and Liz were in a good place now, but what if Michael was right? What if when it came to that point, that Liz would... No, he stopped thinking about it. He just had to believe that they were both stronger this time. That he was stronger.

As they got out of the car, Max was taken back to the moment he met “Mr. X.”

Max was walking to his car in the underground car park of the hotel he was staying in. New York City could bring out all kinds of dangerous characters at this time of night, nearly one in the morning as it was.

As soon as Max had clicked the button on his key chain to unlock the door to his car, he heard footsteps approach him from behind.

“Max Evans,” was all the stranger said.

Max spun around on his heel, to the sound of his name. The young man couldn’t have been any older than he was, with crystal blue eyes. He wore a goatee. He had a black sweatshirt on, the hood up over his hair. He held a manilla envelope. “Who are you?”

“You can call me, Mr. X.”

Max couldn’t help but laugh at that and the sneer from the mystery man showed he didn’t like it. Max became serious. “What do you want?”

“I think you should be more concerned with what I have.”

Max rolled his eyes. “What do you have?”

“Just some photos,” he said nonchalantly, waving about the envelope.

Max gritted his teeth impatiently. “Photos of what?”

“Let me show you.” The man produced a sinister grin. Max came closer when he saw the man pull some pictures out of the envelope. He flipped the photos back and forth, showing Max every single one, of which there were around twenty.

“What do you want?” Max asked, his nostrils flaring in anger. “If you want something from me, fine, but leave Liz out of it.”

“Liz...” The name rolled off his tongue in a way too sexual way for Max’s liking. “It all started with her, didn’t it?”

“What started, what are you talking about?!” Max demanded.

“Here’s the deal, Max,” he said calmly. “I need some cash, man. Cash that I don’t have anymore.”

“What?” Max didn’t understand.

The man looked down, flipping back photos. “A HA!” He pulled out a single photograph which made Max have to close his eyes in shame. The night of the awards.

“What do you plan to do with them?!”

“Aww, Max, haven’t you figured that out by now? This could be big. The all American bad boy sweeps the sweet, beautiful, innocent Liz Parker into a land of excess.”

“That story’s been done by Elvis and Priscilla, dick!” He headed back to his car.

“Right, but considering you are at the height of your career, this would destroy you. Don’t tell me that doesn’t scare you. And even if it doesn’t, how are you going to feel when this photo comes out. Cuz I’ve gotten quite a few offers from tabloids already wanted to smear your good name all over the country.”

“Leave Liz out of it,” Max snarled.

“No can do, partner. These pictures are of Liz too, I don’t copy and paste.”

“What do you want?!” Max grew irritated.

“A story, simply. Get together with Liz in LA, meet with my script writer, Alex Whitman, he’ll take care of the details.”

“And if I don’t agree to this?”

“Then I let these pictures tell the story for me. I get rich, and you make nothing.” The man began to walk away. “Oh, and Max!” He called over his shoulder. “I want twenty percent!”

“Five!” Max yelled back, but the man kept walking. Max got into his car, unsure what to do. He couldn’t let those pictures get out in the wrong way. From what he’d seen of them, it would be simple to draw the wrong conclusions.

Liz and Maria had been having a similar conversation in Maria’s car on their way to the warehouse. “It’s okay, Maria, I understand why you didn’t tell me,” Liz assured her.

“Are you sure? Because I felt terrible lying to you about it, Liz.”

“I’m sure, Maria. I get it, and it’s not a big deal. We all know about it now and I’ve come to accept that this trip was all about that anyway. Laying all our cards on the table for once and for all.”

“A cleansing period,” Maria smiled.

“Exactly,” Liz smiled back.

“I am so glad I don’t have to hide this from you anymore because I need my best friend now more than ever,” Maria said with a squeal.

“What do you mean?” Liz’s eyes widened and twinkled.

“I was thinking of popping the question to Michael!”

“Wait a minute! You’re going to ask him?”

“What? It’s the new generation, I can do these things.” Liz laughed. “Besides, if I have to wait for him, I’ll be old and gray, floating down the aisle in my walker,” Maria grumbled. “I refuse to let that happen to me,” she stated.

“Good for you, Maria!” Liz replied in excitement. “I can’t wait to see the look on his face. Don’t forget to take pictures, okay?”

“Oh, you know it, babe! I want to be able to remember that look for the rest of my life!”

“And as long as I don’t get stuck in some horrid hot pink dress with ruffles and spandex, I’d be more than happy to be your maid of honor,” Liz pointed out.

“You’re the best, babe!” They hugged after Maria had put the car in park and followed Max and Michael inside.

They all walked inside and saw Alex stretching languidly while he waited. He rose to greet them. “Good morning.” Everyone nodded and offered a ‘good morning’ as well. “Everything get worked out?” Alex asked.

“Yup,” Max said, putting an arm around Liz’s shoulders after he sat down. Michael smiled and followed suit, pulling Maria close as well. It felt a little weird doing it in front of Max and Liz now, but when they just smiled at him, he relaxed.

“Okay, so let’s move on,” Alex suggested. “What happened after the holidays?”

“Well,” Michael began. “Everyone left right after New Years and it was fine for a couple of weeks.”

“Fine?” Alex asked, suspiciously.

“Max didn’t have any work at the moment,” Michael continued. “He had gotten a few calls from his agent, but nothing he was sure that he wanted to do yet. So, just after the holidays, he planned to go see Liz again.”

January 1999

“Liz!” Kyle caught up with her in the hall. “How was your holiday?”

“It was great, Kyle,” Liz replied in a mundane voice. She really wondered why Kyle couldn’t take a hint.

Kyle continued anyway. “There’s another party at my house tonight.”

“Oh shoot! Can’t make it,” she said sarcastically as she approached her locker.

“Oh, come on, Liz, what are you gonna be with Max again?”

“Would you please not say his name as if it is a deadly disease?”

“When do you see him, anyway?”

“I see him all the time, as a matter of fact.”

“Like when?”

“Like all the time!” Liz exclaimed in frustration.

Kyle leaned close to her. “Come on, Liz. You can’t tell me that kiss didn’t mean something to you.”

“Are you still holding on to that?” Liz was bewildered that Kyle Valenti could even remember her name at this point, he was so used to being with so many different girls.

Kyle grinned cockily. “Liz, you can’t tell me that wasn’t the single most exciting experience of your life.”

“You are such a pig,” Liz said as she slammed her locker closed and turned on him. “Kyle, I...” she was cut off by Kyle’s moist lips. Liz was stunned into immobility. His lips had left hers almost as quickly as they had come. When she opened her eyes, she was in a mixture of shock and anger.

When she saw Kyle smirking at her, she threw her hand back and let him have it. She slapped him across the cheek as hard as she could manage. “Bastard!”

His face actually whipped to the right with the impact. He growled low in his throat and advanced on Liz, pushing her up against the lockers, moving his knee between her jeans. His breath pushed on her cheek and made her sick. “Come on, Liz, you know you liked it. You can’t tell me Max Evans kisses like that.”

“Let me go,” she bit out.

“Not until you admit you liked it.”

Liz looked into his blue eyes, wondering why such beautiful eyes had been given to all her attackers. “Kyle, if you don’t let me go...”

“Then, what, Liz?”

“Then her boyfriend will kill you!” Kyle was ripped away from her by the new voice in the hall.

“Max!” Liz yelled at her boyfriend, who was now standing in her hallway, his teeth clenched and his eyes hard, swinging the Captain of the football team around by his collar like a rag doll.

TBC...
Luzser1800
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Luzser1800 »

AN: Again, so sorry about the delay. I am back now with a new part. Without further ado...

CHAPTER 23

“Max, stop it!” Max was so angry and Liz could not let this get out of hand. She looked around the hallway. People were staring and whispering. Not only was Max Evans in her school, but he was defending her honor, and it gave Liz a small thrill that everyone knew she was his.

Michael and Maria were standing close-by, not knowing exactly what to do. Maria had her hands over her mouth, watching in shock. It was obvious that she wanted to say something to Kyle, since she always had something to say, but Max would beat her to it. Michael seemed almost as angry as Max, almost as if this time, he wasn’t going to bother stopping him. Liz knew that she had to take some kind of control of this situation before Max did something terrible.

“Who the hell do you think you are?!” Max yelled in Kyle’s face. “Big shot jock, right?” Max snarled.

“Max, it’s okay...” Liz began.

“No, Liz, it’s not okay,” he acknowledged her while still holding onto Kyle. “I think he needs to learn some manners.”

Liz sidled up to Max, taking control the best way she knew how. “Max...” she purred quietly, placing a small hand on his chest, effectively stepping between Kyle and her boyfriend. Max didn’t relinquish his hold on the boy though, just allowing enough space for Liz to step between them. “Max, it’s okay, he didn’t hurt me.”

“But, he might have,” Max said. “And if he had...”

“But, he didn’t,” Liz silenced him. She stood on her tip toes and whispered into his ear. “Let him go, Max. Please.”

Max took a deep breath, still wanting to pound Kyle into the ground, but ultimately, unable to deny his love. Her touch and her sweet breath in his ear calmed his nerves immensely. He loosened his hold on Kyle’s collar, allowing him to slip from his grasp. But he made sure to give him a good push in the chest. “You stay away from her. You ever touch her again...” He allowed his unfinished statement to hang in the air, but Kyle didn’t need anymore words. He nodded quickly, and before he could walk away graciously, Liz stopped him.

“Oh, Kyle?” He turned to face her and she could see him visibly swallow. She walked up to him, which wasn’t easy with as tightly as Max was holding her hand and she was dragging him along. Once Liz was directly under his chin, she said, “If you ever touch me like that again...” She let her words hang briefly before Kyle felt a shot of pain strike from his toes all the way up to his head. He fell to his knees, gasping, and holding onto his member for dear life. “Max will be the least of your worries, because I will send your nuts to you in a jar!” She finished her thought.

“Yeah, she kicked him in the balls!” Someone down the hall had screamed, causing everyone around them to burst out in laughter.

“That’s my girl,” Max said with a small grin. “My girl!” he yelled, picking her up and twirling her around to show the whole world as if she were a trophy, and Liz reveled in it.

Michael and Maria could barely contain their laughter. “That was so great!” Michael yelped. “Liz, up top!” He shot out his hand, which Liz swung at, smiling herself.

Max had a smile on his face as he tried to remain stoic. “You probably had to be there to appreciate it,” Max said. “But it was hilarious.” He burst out laughing then.

“I’ll bet Kyle never bothered you again,” Alex lamented.

Liz shook her head. “Nope, never again. It was wonderful. I had to show him then and there or he would have never left me alone.”

“That must have been a trip,” Alex said. “Having a movie star in your school.”

“And he was all mine,” Liz said with stars in her eyes as she looked at Max.

January 1999

“So, now I suppose that you should receive a gift of some sort for defending my honor...again.” She led Max behind her to the Eraser Room.

“What’s this, baby? Makeout room?”

“Uh, huh,” she admitted wantonly.

“Are you sure this is safe in your school...”

Anything else that he may have said would have been cut off, when Liz’s lips rose to crush them against his mouth. “Don’t worry, we’ll be safe in here for a little bit.” Their passion came reeling back and they desperately grabbed for each other.

Max’s hands immediately slid up the back side of Liz’s top, and Liz ran her hands through his thick hair, arching her neck to give him access to it. He greedily suckled there, drawing quiet whimpers from her. He laughed against her throat suddenly, making her pull back in question. “It’s just that I’ve never done this before,” he admitted to her.

“Done what?”

“Been making out in a situation where it was not good to get caught.” He chuckled again.

“Is it exciting?” she asked with a smile.

“Definitely,” he smiled, kissing her again.

Just before things could heat up any further though, the door was flung open and they sprang apart in an emotion somewhere between humor and embarrassment.

“What happened?!” Alex asked, burning with curiosity.

Liz couldn’t contain the small smile. “We got caught.”

“We were trying to watch the door for you guys, I swear,” Maria said.

“But that plan was stupid because as soon he saw us standing there, he knew where you guys were,” Michael informed them.

“Who?” Alex jumped with excitement. “Who saw you standing there?”

“The principal,” Liz finally said.

“Busted!” Alex laughed.

“In more ways than you can imagine,” Liz said.

January 1999

After the principal had finished chewing them out for their behavior with not only Kyle, but then their sexual endeavors in the Eraser Room, he actually had the nerve to ask Max for an autograph. Max had simply rolled his eyes and snatched the paper from the principal’s hand before tearing it up and dropping the pieces at their feet. He had no intention of being nice to a man intent on getting his girlfriend in trouble.

Then, Max had led Liz out the door of the school. He was supposed to drive Liz straight home, where Nancy would be waiting to receive the message from the principal. Nancy had been at work, fortunately, and hadn’t been home to talk to the principal about what had happened. Liz’s plan was to get home as quickly as possible so that she could erase the message from the machine before her mother ever knew about it.

Max had sped through the streets to get her home, but when they pulled up to her house, they realized that they were already too late. Her mother was already home and Liz knew that the first thing she did was listen to her messages. “Shit! I’m so screwed, Max!”

“What do you want to do, Liz?”

Liz looked completely panicked, and she seemed to look up and down the street for an escape. “Let’s go, let’s get outta here.”

Max was in shock. He didn’t think she had ever defied her mother. He thought that she always stood up for her actions. Liz had always seemed in control and it had never faltered her integrity. “Baby, I...”

“Elizabeth Parker!” Liz’s mother saw the Porsche and was standing outside her door with a hand on her hip, a motherly scowl on her face.

“Dammit!” Liz exclaimed. She turned to Max and saw him question her again. “I’ll go talk to her. You stay here.” Liz sighed loudly, knowing she would have to face her mother.

“Liz, I think we should talk to her together, I mean...” Max had been there too, and he didn’t want the blame to fall fully on Liz’s shoulders.

“No, Max, I’ll handle this.” The last thing Liz needed was a repeat of what had happened the last time that Max had been yelled at by her mother. She was determined to take the heat for this one. It had been her fault anyway. “I was the one who dragged you into the Eraser Room, I’ll talk to her. Just wait for me, okay?”

“I’m not going anywhere,” he promised her, giving her hand a good squeeze in support and a small smile, and when she got out of the car, he pulled over in front of her house and waited for her to come out.

Ten minutes later, if that, she came storming out of the house, slamming the door shut behind her. She got into his car, sitting down with a huff. Her mother followed close behind her. “Elizabeth! You come back here right now!”

“Max, go!” Liz said while her mother attempted to get closer to the car.

“Liz, maybe...”

Maria and Michael had pulled up in the Jetta just then.

“Elizabeth, get out of that car!” Nancy made her steps quicker. “Max, you stay right there!”

“Go, Max! Now!” Max looked between Liz and her mother. He saw Michael and Maria come racing toward them, but ultimately, there was only one thing he could do. Just as Nancy had grabbed the door handle on the passenger side of the Porsche, Max sped away, his body jerking with the exertion when the gears shifted into drive.

Liz!” her mother screamed after them, but it was no use. They were gone. “He didn’t stop!” Nancy said angrily when Michael and Maria got to her.

Michael looked after them, at the dust that was still stirring from their sudden departure. “He doesn’t answer to you,” he simply said.

TBC...
Luzser1800
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Luzser1800 »

AN: Here's the next chapter everyone! Thanks so much for all the feedback. It's wonderful and gives me warm fuzzies all over, lol. This next part is short, but I will make it up to you in the next part, I promise. :wink:

CHAPTER 24

“What happened?” Alex asked. “Where did you guys go, and why?”

Max looked to Liz, telling her silently to explain what had happened and she nodded slightly at him. She opened her mouth to relay the incident, but Maria beat her to it, going with her side of it first.

January 1999

“Where the hell are they?!” Nancy paced the kitchen with the telephone in her hand. She was trying to get a hold of Liz’s cell phone, but it was not working. Her daughter wasn’t answering.

Maria and Michael sat silently at the kitchen table, listening to Nancy go from angry and livid to angry and scared in the course of an hour.

“Michael, where the hell did he take her?” Nancy glared at the young man, wanting an answer.

“If I were you, I’d start checking five star hotels in the area. I don’t think Max would have gone too far.”

“Oh my God,” Nancy sat down, putting a hand over her tired eyes. “What have I done?”

“What do you mean, Nan?” Maria asked delicately.

“This is exactly what I didn’t want to happen. This is exactly why I have been allowing her to traipse all over the country with him.” Michael and Maria just sat and listened. “I knew there was a chance she would rebel, and with Max being who he is, there would be nothing to stop her.”

Maria placed a soft hand on Nancy’s arm. “What happened, Nan?”

“What happened, Liz?” Max asked gently, cradling her small body to him. She had cried for almost a half an hour, since he had gotten her into their room. They were staying in the same swanky place Liz and Maria had been sneaking around in the night Liz and Max had met. Max hadn’t wanted to go too far, hoping that Liz just needed a little time before she would go back.

Liz took a large gulp of air and looked at him. “She yelled a lot.” Max nodded. “About getting caught by the principal, and how being with you was now affecting school.” Max looked as if he was going to apologize when Liz stopped him. “It’s not you, Max. I was the one who decided to start making out in the Eraser Room.”

“What else did she say?” Max whispered.

Liz answered him in the same tone, her voice laced with hurt. “That I can’t see you anymore.” Max began to shake his head, unable to believe it. He couldn’t possibly be expected to stop seeing her. Not when he needed her more than anything else in the world. “But she can go to hell,” Liz said defiantly. “I’ll run away with you before it happens. There’s no way I’m going to stop being with you.”

Max took a deep breath. “I’ve read enough cheesy scripts to know that this is supposed to be the part where I tell you to go home and work this out with your mom. That I’m supposed to tell you that maybe we should put us on hold until everything boils over.” Liz was the one who began shaking her head now. “But, I can’t say those things to you. Not if you want me to mean them.” He pulled her closer to him, placing his chin on top of her head.

“Max, I’m not leaving you. I promised you that I wasn’t going anywhere and I meant it.”

“I love you, Liz,” Max said.

“I love you too, Max,” Liz said in reply. Before she could kiss him, her cell phone vibrated furiously against her leg where it sat on the bed. “Grr....” She picked it up, made sure to turn it off, and slammed it down on the end table next to the bed. “Why aren’t they calling you, too?”

“Michael knows better.”

“I can’t call him,” Michael said to Nancy. “I just can’t.”

“I want my daughter back right now!” Nancy demanded.

“Look,” Michael stood with a frown on his face. “I know you want Liz to come back home right this instant, but you said yourself that you don’t want to push her. And that’s what you are on the verge of right now.” Nancy sighed loudly. “The best advice I can give you is to let her come back on her own.”

“Yeah, and what if that never happens, Michael?” Nancy was getting frantic now.

“It’ll happen,” he assured her. “Liz has been raised well. She’s pretty level-headed. Just give her some time to cool off. She’ll come back,” he said with a sharp nod.

“And Max will take care of her,” Maria said. It didn’t matter to Maria that she didn’t even like Max that well. She knew her friend would be safe with him.

“I am so sick of hearing those words,” Nancy said as she left them there, grabbing her car keys and leaving the house with nothing more to say.

“Where do you think she’s going?” Michael asked his girlfriend.

“Sometimes she just needs to get away. She’s probably just going to go for a drive to clear her head. She’ll come back soon, then Liz will come back. They’ll talk things out and all will be well. Hopefully,” Maria tacked on that last part nervously.

“They’re mother and daughter. They have to have been in fights before.”

“This is different, Michael,” Maria said. “Liz won’t budge on this one. There’s no way Nancy will get her to stop seeing Max. At best, Liz will sneak around and Nancy doesn’t want that. If Nan doesn’t relent on this, I don’t know what might happen to them. And they’re the only family I’ve got.” Maria laid her head on Michael’s shoulder, her eyes watering.

Maria immediately thought back to the most terrifying experience of her life. And how scared she was couldn’t compare to what that moment had meant. It was Nan, Liz, and Ria hanging out, no, spending time with her only family in the whole world. Her mom was permanently drunken and completely promiscuous as often as possible with no time to be a mother. If Liz and Nan fell apart, she’d have nothing.

“You got me, babe.” Michael tucked her closer. “You’ll always have me.” They stayed like that for a long time, wondering what the outcome of this situation would be, and whether Liz and Nancy would manage to survive it.

TBC...
Luzser1800
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Luzser1800 »

AN: The songs credits go to N Sync - Drive Myself Crazy & God Must Have Spent...Now, technically, these songs came out in 98, but since it is only the beginning of 99, I figured they were still valid.

RhondaAnn - I don’t think Nancy has been too lenient on Michael. He advised her to give Liz some time to come back on her own. He is helping the situation, but he doesn’t want Nancy to push too hard and lose Liz forever.

CHAPTER 25

“I wasn’t exactly proud of what I’d done,” Liz admitted. “Running away was immature and childish, but at the time, I couldn’t even see straight. Of everything that came out of my mother’s mouth that day, all I kept hearing was ‘You cannot see Max anymore.’ That was all I had needed to hear, and it had me running scared.” Max lowered his eyes, the shame apparent. Liz quickly covered his hand with her own, not wanting him to feel bad about it.

“I should have told you to go home,” Max said. “I wish I could have looked past my selfishness and taken you straight home.”

“Well, it’s not like we expected anything else from you, Max,” Maria said then. She waited for Max and Liz to face her. “As soon as Nan told us what she had said to you, the first thing I thought about, was that you guys were on a plane to L.A. I thought for sure that you guys were gone and you weren’t coming back. I wanted to believe in my best friend, but you know better than I, Liz, that when you and Max were together, the both of you were totally unpredictable.” Max and Liz knew that she was right. She looked at Alex. “Michael was the only one who seemed to believe they would be back soon. He kept me sane the whole time.” She buried a hand in his hair, which he tried to nuzzle against automatically.

“I didn’t think they’d run too far away.” Maria gave him an incredulous look. “I didn’t!” Michael defended. “I don’t know what it was, but that day...” He shook his head, trying to explain better. “I just had a strong feeling that they would be back. I just did.”

January 1999

Michael was already awake when Liz and Max finally walked through the door to her house, where Michael and Maria had stayed until Nancy had come home late last night, exhausted, and finally went to bed. Maria had fallen asleep shortly after Nancy, and Michael had only managed to get a few winks, too worried about Max and Liz to really sleep much. He was pouring himself a cup of coffee when the door swung open and they came in.

Michael went to pounce immediately, but from the look of devastation on their faces, he knew they already felt bad enough and knew that he didn’t want to make it worse. He couldn’t stop his anger from invading his voice, however, when he asked, “Where the hell have you guys been?”

“It doesn’t matter. We’re back now,” Liz said. “Where’s my mom?” She looked around at the quiet household.

“Finally asleep after hours of worrying, along with Maria.” Liz’s face became stricken and Max held a hand on her back. “You guys didn’t have to leave, ya know.”

“We know, Michael, okay? Lay off,” Max growled at his assistant. “Liz feels bad enough as it is.”

“Do I hear your idiot best friend?” Maria asked as she entered the living room to accompany them. “Oh look, it’s my idiot best friend, too.”

“Mornin’, Maria,” Liz said, knowing full well what a grump Maria was in the morning and not to argue.

“Liz?!” Her mother’s frantic cries could be heard coming through the walls.

“I’m right here, Mom,” Liz said softly as Nancy approached her, taking her into her arms, so glad to have her back. Her hair was a mess, and she was still in the same clothes from the day before. Her eyes had dark rings underneath them, proving how well she had slept.

“Thank God, you came back,” Nancy said, pulling her close. When she opened her eyes and saw Max standing there, her anger came back ten-fold. At first, she had just been glad that Liz was home and safe. Now, she remembered the details of the day before. “What the hell are you doing here? Haven’t you caused enough trouble?” Nancy spat at him.

“Mom, stop it,” Liz stood between them.

“And you’re no better, Liz!” Nancy really didn’t want to be yelling right now, but she was still just so angry.

“Mom, I really don’t want to fight with you, but this is something I cannot give you.” She looked straight at her mother, and said with conviction, “I will not stop seeing Max.”

“Max is not right for you, Liz, can’t you see that?” Nancy felt the tears sting her eyes.

“He’s the only one for me, can’t you see that?! Can’t you see that I love him, Mom?! You can’t make me stop seeing him! And I won’t do it, anyway! And if you don’t like it, then I guess I’ll just have to get on the next plane to Minnesota where at least Max’s mother respects our relationship!” Liz ran again, straight upstairs to her room, slamming the door.

Max took a step to go after her. “I got this,” Maria said, jumping in front of him and going upstairs.

Max stayed rooted in place, deciding now was his opportunity to talk to her mother. “Ms. Parker...” She quickly turned her head from him, indicating that she didn’t want to hear him. Max would not relent though. “Ms. Parker...” he started again, speaking directly to her back. “I love your daughter. I don’t want to upset you, and I don’t mean to stand in Liz’s way of anything. I’d give her the sun and the moon if she asked for it.”

Max couldn’t tell, but Michael, from his view point, could see Nancy close her eyes against tears through Max’s speech.

“I love her, and I can’t let her go. I can’t allow you to take her away from me.” Max heard her inhale a shaky breath. “I’m sorry for the way that sounds, but it’s true.” Max left her then, going up the stairs to Liz’s room.

Michael stood there, not knowing exactly what to do. Nancy swung around then, facing him. “Neither one of them will do this for me, will they?” She wanted to hear it from Michael, seeing as he seemed to be the voice of wisdom the last two days.

Michael’s eyes were saddened when he shook his head slowly. He watched Nancy close her eyes in pain this time. She opened them suddenly, staring at him with purpose. “Michael, I trust you.” He nodded slowly at her, narrowing his eyes in wonderment. “You make sure my daughter stays safe.” His eyes opened wider in realization. “I don’t want to allow this relationship to continue any further, but if there is nothing more I can do, I can trust you. Okay?”

Michael nodded. “I’ll take care of her and Max. I’ve been taking care of Max a long time. It may seem like their love is nothing but destructive, but it really is love. Max loves her so much, Nancy. If I didn’t believe it myself, I wouldn’t be telling you this.” Nancy was visibly shaken, and Michael wanted to reassure her, but at the same time, he wasn’t sure she would want to hear what he would say. In the end, he decided to take the plunge and say it anyway. “Nancy...” She looked up at him. “Do you really want to fight Liz on this knowing that you’ll lose?”

“Powerful words there, Michael,” Alex said, making sure to note what he had said, word for word.

“It was true at the time,” Michael said. “Nancy would have lost Liz entirely if she pursued it too much further.”

“So what happened from there?” Alex asked Michael.

“From that point on, I was the go-to guy. Whenever Max and Liz were together, away from Liz’s mother, I would call Nancy regularly and keep her updated.”

“You were spying on us for her?” Liz asked angrily.

“Well, I wasn’t telling her everything,” Michael said with a grimace.

January 1999

“Where’s your mom?” Liz asked between hot kisses.

“I don’t care right now,” Max said as he made his way down her throat, to the v-neck of her sweater.

Liz pushed him back a little. “Could you at least lock the door?” Max rolled his eyes, but got up anyway. They were on his bed, in his house in Minnesota. He and Sarah Michelle Ghellar had an interview the next morning with Ricki Lake for their new film, Your Heart’s Desire, which was coming out that weekend.

Max flipped the stereo on, turning it up pretty loud as he made his way back to the bed, so no one would be able to hear them, for Liz’s benefit. He really didn’t care if anyone walked in on them, but he could tell Liz appreciated it when he saw her smile, her body beckoning him back. He crawled atop her, gently easing her back against the sheets with his weight.

Lying in your arms
So close together
Didn't know just what I had
Now I toss and turn
Cause I'm without you
How I'm missing you so bad

He reached for the hem of her shirt, bringing it up without much preamble. Once it was discarded, he latched his lips onto her neck, his tongue working against her pulse point, making her arch closer, leaning her head further back into the pillows. While his lips danced, his fingers went around back, unhooking her bra. He pulled back slightly to stroke the straps over her shoulders and down her arms, making sure to gingerly and as delicately as possible, hold his hands over the straps of her bra, smoothing them down until her breasts were exposed to him fully.

Where was my head?
Where was my heart?
Now I cry alone in the dark

Max looked her over, his eyes glazed with love. “You are so gorgeous, Princess.” He felt his downstairs buddy begin to awaken.

“Thank you,” Liz said immediately, this part finally becoming routine, and it didn’t matter anyway. She wasted no time getting his torso bare for her eyes as well. “So are you,” she whispered once he was exposed to her.

“It’s all yours,” he told her as he moved toward her breasts, taking a puckered nipple between his lips. He laved his tongue around it carefully, scraping the tips of his teeth gently. He felt her gasp and her body begin to tremor. He looked up at once, checking her expression, which was dazed with her want. He bent again to do the same thing to her other nipple.

I lie awake, I drive myself crazy
Drive myself crazy thinking of you
Made a mistake when I let you go baby
I drive myself crazy
Wanting you the way that I do

Liz buried her fingers in his hair, allowing him to control the moment, getting lost in the feelings, and at the same time, getting lost in her thoughts. She wasn’t sure why, now of all times, she would be thinking about her mother, but it wouldn’t stop nagging her.

She still felt terrible about the way things had gone down between them. She hadn’t wanted to be such a bitch, but she couldn’t cave on this one. She needed Max too much and he needed her even more. She wasn’t going to stop seeing him. She had always been honest with her mother, and even when things were strained, she hadn’t stopped being honest. She wouldn’t relinquish Max and her mother had every right to know it.

I was such a fool
I couldn't see it
Just how good you were to me (Oh yes)
You confessed your love
Undying devotion
I confessed my need to be free

She was pulled from her thought bubble when she felt his finger slip inside her. She moaned out loud and looked down to realize that she was entirely naked now. “I thought that might get your attention,” he said with a sexy grin below her. “Where’d you go?”

And now I'm left
With all this pain
I've only got myself to blame

She shook her head. “Nowhere, I’m right here,” she whispered.

“Good,” he whispered back. “I really want you to be here for this.” She looked down in question but then had to throw her head back when his tongue entered her for the first time in a long time. His lips puckered and suckled gently, making sure to lap at her in all the right spots.

Made a mistake when I let you go baby
I drive myself crazy

Max could feel her trembling underneath him and it delighted him to no end. He could freely admit to himself that he had only done this once before, and at the time, anything would have felt good to Liz, but he didn’t need to know if he was doing it right, since she was mewling and gasping his name in heavy breathes. He could also admit to himself that he would never taste another girl willingly. He was positive she was the only one who could taste as good to him. He had to bite back a satisfied smile against her flesh, proud that he could make her feel so pleasant with his mouth.

Why didn't I know it
(How much I loved you baby)
Why couldn't show it
(If I had only told you)
When I had the chance
Oh I had the chance

Liz could feel his tongue invading her most sensitive nerves, and it made her knees completely weak. She had to thank the heavens she was laying down while the world spun out of control around her. She groaned deep in her throat, an animalistic sound parching her lips. When she felt his warm fingers smooth inside her along with his hot tongue, she had to arch into him further, her body running on instinct now. “Maxxxxx....” His name fell from her lips reverently, in whispered agony of her impending climax.

La, la, la, la, la, la, la, la
La, la, la, la
I drive myself crazy
Oh so crazy
La, la, la, la

“I got you, Liz,” he said against her clit, before proceeding to wildly wiggle his tongue inside her, hoping she would fall soon, and with one more stab, she did. A moment later, her entire body shook violently with her released orgasm, and an almost silent moan came from her without any way for her to hold it back.

Made a mistake (Made a mistake) when I let you go baby
I drive myself crazy

Max slurped up her juices the best he could, imbibed her tastes to the point where he himself was getting dizzy with her flavor. When he had licked her clean, he climbed back up her body with a smirk, looking into her eyes when they finally opened to him. “Oh my God, Max,” she verbalized softly.

“It was good?” he asked with an almost boyish inquiry.

I lie awake
I drive
Myself
Crazy
Crazy, crazy yeah

“Oh my God, Max,” she said again, as it seemed to be the only thing she could get out of her mouth. He chuckled at her loss for words and pulled her close to him, giving her a gentle kiss where she could taste herself, and she pushed her tongue inside, wanting more.

Made a mistake,
Let you go baby
I drive myself crazy

Sounds began to come from underneath the door. Scuffling sounds with soft voices and small bangs on the wall. “What the hell?” Max said, getting up to move toward the door. He pounded his fist on the wall. “Shut the fuck up, you guys!” He came back to the bed, shaking his head with a smile. “I guess Michael and Maria are having as much fun as we are.”

I drive myself crazy

Max smiled as he made his way into her arms to snuggle against her.

“Really?” Alex asked Maria and Michael. “Where you guys doing the same thing?”

“Actually...” Maria started.

January 1999

Upstairs, in another spare bedroom that Michael usually took as his own, Michael and Maria were in a similar position on the bed. But this couple were about to take things a step further. Max’s stereo sounds blasted underneath them and the music drifted over them.

Yeah, yeah....
Oh yeah, yes
Ohhh..yeah, yeah..

“Maria, are you sure you wanna do this?” Michael asked as his tongue dipped inside her belly button. His shaft was already protected by the condom, as they had somehow gotten this far in little more than an hour.

Can this be true?
Tell me, can this be real?
How can I put into words what I feel?
My life was complete
I thought I was whole
Why do I feel like I'm losing control?

When he crawled back up to her head, latex laid against her soft curls, Maria sucked his tongue into her mouth, taking advantage of the situation. She was more than ready and she didn’t want anything to stop them now. Even the annoying sounds of Max and Liz going at it downstairs. “Yes, Michael, I want this. Please, don’t stop now.”

He kissed her again, but had to voice a confession before he could go any further. “Just so ya know...” He swallowed loudly. “I, uh...”

“Michael, what?” She was growing anxious. She wanted him inside her.

Never thought that love could feel like this
And you changed my world with just one kiss
How can it be that right here with me
There's an angel?
It's a miracle

“I don’t know...” He could see her getting impatient and knew he would have to tell her already. “If I fuck up, I’m sorry.”

“What?” She was truly confused now.

“I’ve never done this before.”

“Really?” A smile curled her full lips even as he seemed to grow red with embarrassment. She shook her blonde curls at him. “Michael, it’s okay. We can learn together.”

“Yeah?”

She nodded eagerly. “I doubt you’ll fuck this up, baby.” She kissed him again, pushing her legs open a little wider to let him know just how ready she was.

Your love is like a river, peaceful and deep
Your soul is like a secret that I never could keep
When I look into your eyes I know that it's true
God must have spent a little more time on you
(A little more time, Yes he did, baby)

Michael had to stare at her in amazement, open and waiting for him to fill her up. His worst fear was disappointing her, but he would never know until he tried. He took his time, inching his way inside, but Maria knew the pain was forthcoming, and didn’t feel at all like waiting for it. She took his bottom cheeks in hand, and pushed him down as she used her hips to greet him upward.

In all of creation
All things great and small
You are the one that surpasses them all
More precious than
Any diamond or pearl
They broke the mold
When you came into this world

A cry escaped the both of them at the same time, and Michael’s hair, which was sticking up and every other which way was slick with sweat while Maria’s hands helped to smooth it. He laid his lips at the side of the smooth skin of her throat, breathing heavily. When his breath came back, he lifted his head to stare deep into her eyes. “Did I fuck it up?”

Despite the pain, she had to laugh at loud. “Not possible,” she whispered with a smile, pushing up a bit to let him know she was ready for him to move. She slipped her eyes shut when his hips began to piston slowly. His gentle thrusts made him even more perfect to her.

And I'm trying hard to figure out
Just how I ever did without
The warmth of your smile
The heart of a child
That's deep inside
Leaves me purified

Michael held himself way back to keep from moving too hard or fast. He had no idea how much pain she was in, if any at all, and he wanted to take every cue from her before assuming she was okay. He knew at that moment, that he had to tell her something. He stopped suddenly, looking at her.

When Maria felt the pleasurable sensations suddenly cease, she opened her eyes to see him hesitant about something. “Michael, what? Why’d you stop? I was okay.”

“No, it’s not that. I mean...I’m glad you’re okay, but before I continue, I need to tell you something.”

“What is it?” Her lower body unconsciously thrust upward, making them groan in unison, but Michael couldn’t continue yet.

Your love is like a river, peaceful and deep (and deep)

His lips trembled and the wrinkles in his forehead seemed to grow with each passing second of his silence. It began to worry Maria, and she used her fingers to caress the skin of his scalp, urging him on. “Maria, I...” He suddenly realized that he couldn’t remember the last time he had said the words to someone. He was still a small child when Mrs. Evans had taken him in, making him instant friends with Max, and there when Max landed his first audition and first movie role. Thinking back now, he couldn’t remember the last time he had even said it to Diane Evans.

On you, on you, on you, you (yes, he did, babe)
On you, on you, on you (ahh, ah ah)
On you, on you, on you (you, oh)
On you, on you, on you (yes)

“Michael, whatever it is, you can tell me.” She smiled gently. “I promise, I won’t even make you stop.”

The sides of his lips curled a bit, and the words suddenly just came. “I love you, Maria.”

Never thought that love could feel like this
And you changed my world with just one kiss
How can it be that right here with me,
There's an angel?
It's a miracle

Her eyes automatically hardened. Immediately, she wanted to tell him that he shouldn’t just throw words like that around. That he shouldn’t have said it unless he meant it. But, looking up into his warm eyes, feeling the strength of his embrace, seeing his terrified expression, she knew he didn’t say those words often. And she knew that he meant them with all his heart. Her eyes suddenly softened, a single tear sliding down the side of her nose. “I love you, Michael.”

Your love is like a river, peaceful and deep

His smile was imminent, and he leaned down to kiss her, to show her without the words. Actions had always been his strong suit anyway. His body took over from there. He showed her with every movement what she meant to him, and she showered her feelings back on him as well. When they finally climaxed together, three little words were spoken over and over again into the night, coming from four different sets of lips, but none of them meant it any less.

A little more time on you

Sometime later, while the house seemed to sleep peacefully, a shrill scream came from the foyer downstairs. “MAXXXXXX!!!!!!!!!!!!

TBC...
Luzser1800
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Luzser1800 »

AN: Thank you, thank you, every single one of you for your feedback. It truly means a lot. After a loooong rest, lol, here's the next chapter for you all!

And, whoa, Candycane! Who said anything about Liz screaming. :wink:

CHAPTER 26

January 1999

Max came running from his room in nothing but a pair of black boxers. Liz followed him, wearing one of his shirts, coming down just above her knees. The almost ran into Michael, wearing white boxers, and Maria, wearing a white tank top and panties. When they all made it to the foyer, wondering what had happened, they found Diane Evans with a devastated look on her face, her bag at her feet.

“Mom, what happened?” Max asked with worry. He watched her stare at nothing.

Liz grabbed his arm, “Max, look.”

Max turned, still aware that his mother was looking past them into the living room at nothing. His head swivelled on his shoulders. NOTHING! The parlor was empty, despite the fire-place, which could not be moved. Everything that had not been tied down, however, was gone. His mother’s white leather couch. Her bear-skin rug. Her sixty-inch television set in the adjacent living room. Hell, the whole entertainment system was gone, including the stereo system. It was all gone. Everything.

What the fuck?!” Max’s anger boomed through the first floor.

“Where was everyone when this was happening?” Diane asked meekly.

Everyone wore a guilty expression. “I’m so sorry, Diane, Max and I thought it was Michael and Maria moving around down here.”

“And we thought it was Max and Liz,” Maria said softly.

“Mom, where were you?” Max’s question was not accusing at all. It was laced with fear that something could have happened to her while he and his guests were getting their rocks off.

“I was at bingo all night, and then a friend and I went out for a drink. He just dropped me off.” She was staring at the bareness of everything, though her eyes were blank and vacant.

“He?” Max asked coldly.

His mother looked at him and they shared a silent exchange. “Max, stop it,” Liz said softly, pulling him close. There were more important things going on here than his mother being out on a date with some guy. Max breathed a heavy sigh and wrapped one arm around his mother, pulling her close while Liz clung tightly to his other arm. Michael and Maria were also wrapped in each other, and Liz couldn’t help but notice that there was something different about them this morning.

“Mom, it’s alright, everybody’s okay.” He spoke softly to his mother, in a soothing voice. “We’ll get everything replaced, I’m just glad you’re alright.”

“They took everything?” Alex asked in horror.

“Everything large and expensive, anyway,” Max said with a shake of his head. “I hate thieves more than anything.” Everyone at the table nodded their agreement on that one. “Not to mention, we were all there when it happened. I mean, Liz could have...”

“Max, we were okay,” Liz assured him while she reached out to wrap an arm around his waist.

“So, at this point...” Alex left it hanging for them to finish it.

“I had to fly to New York early that morning for my interview, which I did not want to do at the time, but I had to keep up appearances.” He took a deep breath. “I took Liz with me to New York and told Michael and Maria to take my mother shopping, so that she could get everything replaced.”

January 1999

“And welcome to the Ricki Lake show!” Ricki Lake said enthusiastically as the crowd cheered. Liz sat in the front of the audience while Max, Sarah, and their agents were in the back, waiting for their entrance. “Today, we have two very special guests on our show. They are here promoting their new film, Your Heart’s Desire.” The crowd cheered again. “You know her from Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Sarah Michelle Ghellar!” The crowd went wild when Sarah came out onto the stage, waving at the audience. “And her co-star in the film, who will be in Teen People’s hottest 25 under 25 this year...Max Evans!” The crowd seemed to go even crazier as Max smiled like a good boy and waved to everyone shyly.

Liz had commented on Max when he had swallowed down three large cocktails on the plane to New York. He had shook it off, telling her he was going through a lot of shit today and that she should understand that. Liz had felt bad about it immediately and pulled him close to her, telling him she was sorry and that he had every right to have a few drinks while he was going through so much stress. Max had assumed another cocktail, right before they landed would be alright, and Liz had not said anything about it that time. He looked fine enough to go on the air anyway.

Sarah and Max shook Ricki’s hand and sat down next to each other, giving each other a small smile, as if they hadn’t seen each other in some time.

“So, Sarah, what’s it like kissing Max Evans?” Ricki asked first.

The crowd went wild and Sarah flashed a huge smile. “Wow, you don’t waste any time, do you?” They all laughed and when Sarah turned to Max, he was giving her an interested grin. She had to roll her eyes at him. “He’s alright,” she shrugged, and the audience laughed hysterically. Max put a hand on his chest in mock exasperation. When everyone calmed down, Sarah cleared her throat loudly, and said, “No, he’s actually very good.”

“Well, you’re not so bad yourself, ya know,” Max told her and she gave him a thanks between laughter.

“Now, I have seen the movie, and I just think it’s wonderful,” Ricki said with a smile. “You guys are hot!” The crowd stirred up again and Max and Sarah had to laugh.

After a few more questions about the film and a short commercial break, Ricki asked the talk show host’s favorite question. “Ya know, everyone who has seen the film admits that the chemistry between you two is so great, is this the result of a real live romance here?”

Everyone began to laugh and Liz had to bite back a jealous outburst while she watched on. Max looked at his co-star and wiggled his eyebrows, teasing her. “Oh, please,” Sarah smiled at the audience. “He so has a girlfriend!”

“Oh, yes!” Ricki said, enthusiastically. “The infamous brunette from all the photos! Oh, and look everyone!” She pointed to the front row of the audience. “She’s in the audience!”

When the cameras panned on her, Liz gave a shy wave with a smile. She ducked her head a bit. “That’s Liz,” Max said with a proud smile, unable to take his eyes off her.

“Awww, they’re so cute,” Ricki said. “How long have you two been together?” Max looked over at his agent on the side of the stage, and he nodded at Max to go ahead.

“Ummm...” He looked to Liz for confirmation, and then continued, “Yeah, about a year and a half now.” He smiled widely.

“So, how’d you guys meet?” Ricki placed a hand under her chin as if they were old friends about to have an interesting discussion.

“I don’t think...” Max shook his head, reluctant to answer, but his agent and Sarah were both motioning for him to continue. He cleared his throat. “I, uh...was in her hometown, shooting a few scenes during Immortal, and I, uh...” He tried to choose his words very carefully. “I stumbled upon her on a cold, snowy night...” The audience cooed and his smile widened as he finished, “And I knocked her off her feet...literally.” He began to chuckle then.

The camera had panned to Liz, whose mouth was wide open. “What? Is that not how it happened, Liz?” Ricki inquired with a smile.

“Oh, he knocked me off my feet, alright,” she laughed. “But, I think he gives himself too much credit!” She narrowed her eyes at him good-naturedly, and the audience laughed at their playfulness.

Alex was smiling. “That must have been fun for you, Liz.”

“It was definitely something I was slowly getting used to. It didn’t take me too long to realize that being with Max was going to put me in the spotlight some, and I was just going to have to get used to it.”

“Did you wind up going right back to Minnesota?”

“Yeah,” Max said with a nod. “By the time we got back, everything looked the same as it had before. As if nothing had happened. I had told Michael before to make a phone call for me, and so when I got back to the house, the guy was already waiting outside for me.”

January 1999

“Mr. Evans, I have all the equipment you requested.”

“Good,” Max shook the man’s hand with his free hand. His other hand was being held by Liz.

“I’m gonna go check on your mom,” Liz said, walking away.

“Where exactly did you want the viewing room to be set up?” The man continued after she had left.

“Upstairs. Third room on the right,” Max said without skipping a beat.

“Where did you want the...”

“I want a camera in every single room of the house,” Max answered without needing to hear the whole question.

“Every room, sir?”

“Read my lips,” Max scowled. He repeated what he said very slowly. “Every...single...room.”

The man simply nodded and left Max’s sight, to inform his team where to set everything up. “Hey, man,” Michael said then. Maria was walked up to stand right next to him, and Liz was not far behind. “The cops came and went. The took down a report, but...”

“Right,” Max said. “They don’t care. We just have to remember to turn the security system on even when we’re home.” Max was visibly unnerved, still, no matter how fine he seemed to be during the interview. After all, smiling for the camera was his job, and he made a damn good living of it.

“How’d the show go?” Michael asked.

“Nothin new,” Max said. “Come on, baby.” He started to pull Liz into his bedroom when Michael called after him.

“Hey, Max, we have to get them home tonight.”

Max turned to give Michael a steely glare, and when Michael looked away, Max continued to his bedroom with his girlfriend.

Alex stopped to look at his watch. “Wow, we’ve been going all day, you guys.”

“Yeah, I’m hungry,” Michael noted aloud, though everyone agreed.

“If you guys can make it quick, we can go a little longer today,” Alex said.

“We’ll be back soon,” Max said, taking Liz’s hand to help her rise from her chair.

Once everyone had left, leaving Alex alone, he reached down into his bag to pull out the sandwich he had prepared for himself that morning. With his turkey sandwich in one hand, and his ball-point in the other, he began to make more notes as he ate.

After ten minutes or so, Alex was still making notes, knowing exactly how he wanted this to play out on screen, his cell phone rang violently from his bag. He dropped his pen to grab it, flipping it open. “Whitman!”

“How’s it going?”

“Mr. X,” Alex greeted cheerfully. “So far so good. It’s coming right along.”

“And they’re telling you everything?”

“Yeah, I think so,” Alex thought back to all he had learned. These kids had really been taken for a ride. He wasn’t sure he’d ever heard such a wonderful tale of lies, sex, and abuse before in his entire career. “All I know is, you can’t make this shit up.” He laughed.

“Well, how much longer do you suppose it will take?”

“I’m not sure, sir. It looks like we may be more than halfway through.”

“You be sure to call me as soon as the interviewing is finished.”

“You know I will.” Mr. X hung up without even a goodbye, making Alex grimace at his boss. At least it was only a job.

Everyone walked back into the warehouse, ready to go through their past with a fine-toothed comb some more. They all felt much better, having eaten some dinner. They weren’t sure how much longer they could hold up. They were all so tired already today.

Once the group was seated around the table, Alex asked, “Everybody okay?”

“Yeah, we’re ready,” Max spoke for everyone.

“Great!” Alex grinned and rubbed his hands together. He cracked his fingers again, as he proceeded to push the pen to his paper. “So, now, we have cameras set up in the house.” He looked at Max. “Every room, Max?”

“It may have been a tad overprotective, but after the robbery, I felt violated. I wanted everything and everyone watched.”

“You guys didn’t have maids in the house at that time?”

“Not yet,” Michael answered. “It wasn’t until after Diane...” He lowered his eyes in pain. “Max was staying in L.A. and he wouldn’t get rid of the house, so he hired a few maids to come in once a week to keep things tidy.”

Max clenched his jaw, thinking about his mother again. He wasn’t sure he’d ever get over losing her. He felt Liz’s hand on his arm and tried to smile for her, but he failed, and looking at her, he didn’t need to ask if she understood.

“So, what’s up next?” Alex finally asked.

Maria smiled widely. “Oh, Liz, remember what a basketcase you were?”

“Basketcase?” Michael asked, wondering what they were talking about. Liz’s blush proved that she knew and remembered.

“Liz was terrified to ask Max,” Maria provided.

“Ask me what?” Max was just as bewildered as Michael.

May 1999

“So, what are you doing now?” Liz asked when Max pulled up in front of her house after picking her up from school. Michael and Maria were taking her car back to Maria’s house, where Maria knew her mother wouldn’t be.

“I’m still looking for something I want to do,” Max said. “I haven’t seen a script come by me that looks any good yet. I can’t believe some of the shit they’re writing these days.” He suddenly smiled at her. “MTV Movie Awards are next month. Wanna go with me?”

“Are you asking me out, Max?” Liz smiled at him, her eyes twinkling.

“You wanna go or not?” He was teasing her with his sexy grin and she leaned in to kiss him.

“Maybe,” she said against his lips.

“Maybe?” he asked, fluttering his lips to touch hers briefly.

“I have to ask you something first.”

“Shoot,” he whispered, angling his head to brush his lips over her neck. She shivered at his proximity and he smiled. “You are so fuckin’ hot,” he growled, wishing they weren’t in this car in front of her house so he could ravage her.

“Wait, Max,” she used her hands to push his chest back.

He pulled back, wondering what had made her push him away. He took a good look at her. She was wringing her hands in her lap and biting her lips rapidly, her eyes downcast. “You nervous about something?” He smiled wickedly.

When she looked up into his eyes, it was plain to see that she was. “Uh, Max...”

He took her head in his hands, using his thumb and forefinger to angle her chin up. “You know damn well you can say anything to me.” He watched her swallow in nervousness before he saw her square her shoulders and look him dead in the eye, obviously coming up with the courage.

The question came out of her mouth quick and thick. “Would you go to the prom with me?” She continued to hold his gaze, knowing the question was out there and it was up to him to answer her now.

Max couldn’t help the fun in watching her squirm. “What day is it on?”

“The 18th,” she said quickly, her eyes growing wide with wonder of his answer.

“I’d have to check with Michael to see if my schedule’s clear.”

“Oh,” she whispered. “Okay.” Her eyes fell from his and he couldn’t hold his smile in any longer.

“Liz...”

“Yeah?” she asked quietly, still not looking at him.

“Liz...” he cooed, raising her head to meet his gaze. He leaned over and kissed her sweetly. “Baby, I’d love to be your date for the prom.”

“But, what about...”

“Fuck whatever I have to do. My schedule just cleared up.” Her smile was bright as a three hundred watt light bulb, and he loved that he had put it there. He leaned closer to whisper in her ear. “We’ve gotta get you a dress.”

TBC....
Luzser1800
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Luzser1800 »

AN: Hello everyone! Back with another part! :D Thanx again for all the feedback! And, Ellie, if you're still out there, this chapter is for you, my dear!

Oh crap! I almost forgot the disclaimer. :oops: The song is Britney Spears - Baby, One More Time!

CHAPTER 27

“I think we’re done for the day,” Michael said, rolling his head on his shoulders, his neck popping with the effort.

“Yeah, we’ll pick it up in the morning.” Alex started to neatly place things inside his bag, tired from the day himself, and ready to get back to his apartment to get some rest before another long day tomorrow.

“I just want some room service,” Liz said as Max helped her up.

“I think I can manage that phone call,” Max said with a smile. “You guys going to your room?” Max asked his best friend.

Michael looked at his girlfriend for confirmation. “Nah, I think we’re gonna get some dinner. I have a feeling that Maria’s in the mood for Italian.” Maria smiled at how well he knew her. She took his hand and allowed him to lead her away, Max and Liz not far behind.

Max sat on the corner of the dresser after making the phone call for room service, just watching as Liz pranced around the room, getting comfortable after her shower. He had on a white button up t-shirt with the top three buttons undone, showing off his tanned chest, and his black dress pants rode high where he had pushed them up to sit down.

Liz stopped running the brush through her hair when she felt his eyes. She turned to look at him, and he just continued to gaze upon her, completing uncaring that he had been caught staring. “What?” she asked, self-consciously.

“I think you already know what I’m going to say.”

She smiled brightly, and stalked over to where he half-sat on the dresser. She placed the brush down next to him and laid one of her hands flat, high on his thigh. She stared deep into his eyes.

Max’s pupils darkened considerably, and his eyelids began to droop. “Do you have any idea...”

“What I’m doing to you?” she asked innocently, using her hand to massage his thigh. “Oh, yeah.” She leaned forward to take his lips in a heated kiss, and he returned it eagerly. He only stopped to scoop her up into his arms and bring her to the bed, gently laying her down underneath him.

“It’s been so long since I’ve done this.”

“For me, too,” she said as she stroked his hair.

He kissed her lips, easing his tongue in to taste her. He took his sweet time as he moved down to the skin of her throat. His tongue wrapped sensually over the side of her neck, and she pushed her head back into the pillows to grant him further access.

Liz rolled them over to take the top, using her fingers to expertly undo each and every button. Instead of taking the shirt off, she moved her hands inside, parting the shirt to reveal every single muscle. Her hands explored his body again, trying to remember if this was how he had felt before. It had been so long since she had touched him like this.

Max pushed his hands up inside her shirt, showing himself her smooth stomach, touching the skin there. He pushed his hands further up, taking her shirt with him, hoisting it over her head. He stretched his back to get a taste, his teeth taking a small nip on the side of her belly button.

Liz let out a growl when he had used his teeth on her, and she could feel her insides tumbling even as her body began to moisten itself for what she knew would soon happen. Just as Max had moved his fingers to the waistband of her pajama bottoms, there was a loud, unwelcome knock on the door.

“Oh, fuck me!” Max growled as his head hit the pillows.

“Soon, baby,” Liz smiled before grabbing her shirt and throwing it back over her head to get the food from room service.

“How was everyone’s night?” Alex asked as they walked into the warehouse the next morning.

“Great,” everyone mumbled as they sat down. Michael and Maria both wore large, dark sunglasses this morning.

“You guys were up pretty late last night,” Liz joked with them. She and Max had heard them going at it in the room adjacent to theirs the night before.

“Hey, at least I’m gettin some,” Maria grumbled with a tired sigh. Liz let out a small laugh at how big of a grump her best friend still was in the morning.

She and Max hadn’t managed to take that step the night before after all. After they had eaten, their tummies had been full and the long day had quickly caught up to them, making them tired and willing to sleep contentedly in each other’s arms instead of making love. It was nice to hold one another and they were sure it would progress over time anyway.

“So, where did we end up yesterday?” Alex dived right in, wasting no time at all. He knew this was a long story, and he wanted to be sure to get through as much as possible as quickly as possibly.

“Liz invited Max to the prom,” Maria cooed in a cutesy way, placing a hand under her chin.

“Wow, your mood sure brightened up,” Liz grumbled, still remembering how difficult that question had been for her to ask.

Max saw the look on her face. “You didn’t seriously think I would say ‘no,’ did you?”

“I don’t know!” Liz shrugged. “I wasn’t sure, and after that I knew what it felt like to be a guy.”

Alex laughed. “It’s amazing, Liz. Imagine how nervous I get every time I go into a bar.”

“I don’t have to imagine it anymore. I was scared to death. I never want to ask someone out again.” They all laughed and continued on with the story.

May 1999

Oh baby, baby.
How was I supposed to know.
That something wasn't right here.
Oh baby, baby, I shouldn't have let you go.
And now you're out of sight, yeah.
Show me how you want it to be.
Tell me baby cause I need to know now because.

Max threw back another Jell-O shot while he tried to dance at the same time. It wasn’t an easy task, but he managed alright. There was a brunette pushing up against him and he had to shake his head to try to see her clearly. He dropped the shot glass on the white carpet and went to wrap his arms around the girl when she was conveniently shoved out of the way to be replaced by a blonde.

My loneliness is killing me (every night).
I must confess, I still believe (still believe).
When I'm not with you, I lose my mind.
Give me a sign.
Hit me baby, one more time.

“Disappear, skank!”

“Sarah?” Max asked, squinting to see her clearly.

“Yes, Max, it is I. Come on.” She took his hand and dragged him through the hotel room to the living area, sitting him down on the leather couch.

He sat back with a plop, his legs popping up and his head rolling back. “Who was that chick?” he slurred with a smile.

“Just some cum-guzzling gutter slut! (YAY! I promised I’d use it!) How drunk are you?” Her tone was all business.

He laughed and shook his head. “I have no idea. How drunk are you?” His gaze fell heatedly over her.

Oh baby, baby the reason I breathe is you.
Boy you got me blinded.
Oh pretty baby, there's nothing that I wouldn't do.
It's not the way I planned it.
Show me how you want it to be.
Tell me baby cause I need to know now, oh, because.

“Forget what ya heard, babe, I’m not gonna sleep with you.” She shook her head in disgust at her co-star. How could he possibly claim to be in love with his girlfriend when he was blatantly hitting on every bitch at this party?

He slammed his head into the back of the couch with a growl. “I’m going fucking nuts! I need to get laid, already!”

Oh baby, baby how was I supposed to know.
Oh pretty baby, I shouldn't have let you go.

“Speaking of which, where is Liz?”

“She’s in fuckin’ New Mexico,” he said with irritation. “Not that she sleeps with me anyway.”

Sarah couldn’t believe the attitude he was catching about his girlfriend. He had told everyone in America, on national television that they were in love. So, why was he bitching about their relationship anyway? “What are you talking about, Max?”

I must confess that my loneliness is killing me now.
Don't you know I still believe.
That you will be here and give me a sign.

He heaved a sigh as he sat up drunkenly. “What Liz and I have is special. What I do when she’s not around is just sex.”

“Exactly how long have you been cheating on her?” Sarah was livid. As a woman, she couldn’t believe the gall of Max to believe that just because of who he was, it was okay to sleep around.

My loneliness is killing me (every night).
I must confess, I still believe (still believe).
When I'm not with you, I lose my mind.
Give me a sign.

“Don’t you get it, Sarah? It ain’t cheatin’. It’s just physical. What Liz and I have goes beyond that.”

“That doesn’t give you any right to cheat on her!” As she moved to get up, Max grabbed her arm dragging her back to the couch. She fell onto the cushion and without any warning at all, Max’s lips had covered hers, his tongue using her surprise to access her mouth. Just as quickly as it had started, it ended. Sarah could see Max smirking at her when she finally opened her eyes.

“Ya see? It’s just physical.” He got up, leaving her stunned and went to the bar for another drink.

I must confess that my loneliness is killing me now.
Don't you know I still believe.
That you will be here and give me a sign.

“You really were a scumbag,” Maria grumbled from her seat.

“Hey, I wasn’t proud of it. I had some issues,” Max defended lightly.

“Enough to fill a magazine rack,” Maria countered, and Max didn’t bother to get into it with her. She was right, after all.

Liz was sitting still, her fingernails digging deep into Max’s hand, and he had no right to object her. He figured as long as she wasn’t hitting him, it was a good sign and she was taking it better than he had expected.

“Whatever happened with Sarah?” Alex asked, making more notes.

“She comes back later,” Max said.

June 1999

“Max, the prom is tomorrow night, are you sure we have enough time?” Liz asked as Max ushered her into the shop to get her dress.

“I would have done this sooner, babe, but I just didn’t have time. Don’t worry, we’ll make it there, I promise.” He leaned over to give her a small peck on the lips before they were interrupted by Sue, who had somewhere along the line become Max’s personal dressmaker for Liz.

“Mr. Evans, you are killing me,” she scolded lightly.

“I’m sorry, Sue, I really am. I’ve just been busy and didn’t have time to get this done sooner.”

“What color are we wearing tomorrow night?” She got right to business and Liz was glad for it. They needed to hurry.

“Red,” Liz said without hesitation.

“Wonderful!” She slapped her hands together and took Liz’s hand. “Come, Liz. We must hurry.”

“I know,” Liz sighed heavily as she was taken away by Sue and Max left the shop to get his tux for the night.

The next morning, Liz’s dress was ready and Max had his tux ready for wear. Liz couldn’t believe how quickly the dress had been made, and it was gorgeous. It was strapless and silk. It showed off a little skin, but it wasn’t extreme, and Liz’s lips curled into a toothy smile when she first laid her eyes on it.

“You’ve done it again, Sue. It’s unbelievable,” Max commented.

“Well, I will attest to having a little help, but the important thing is that it is ready for you. As much as I hate to discuss payment...”

“It’s not a problem,” Max said, handing over his credit card, to which was charged $15,000. Liz’s mouth fell open in shock at how much Max had paid for it. He caught the look and immediately went to reassure her. “Don’t worry, baby. It was just a little more expensive because of the rush.”

“How much would it have been without the rush?”

Max just smiled. He didn’t care how much he had to spend. She was his girl and he was damn proud to show her off in only the finest threads that money could buy. As they left the shop, suddenly, cameras were shoved in their faces and bulbs began to flash brightly. Max immediately donned his signature sunglasses, the bulbs sensitive to his tired eyes. He quickly took hold of Liz around her waist, a protective gesture.

“Max! Liz!” People from all sides called to them as they tried to get into the car where Michael was waiting to drive them to the airport. “What do you expect will happen at the prom, Liz?”

Liz had to stop in her tracks, unable to fathom how they could have known where she and Max were going the next night. “What?!” she asked them back. “How do you...”

“Baby, don’t...” Max tightened his hold on her and gently placed her in the back seat of the car. “Why don’t you go attack ‘N Sync or something, alright? Leave us alone!” That being said, he climbed into the backseat next to Liz and let Michael drive them away while the paparazzi continued to call their names.

“I’m sorry about that, Liz,” Max apologized, stroking her hair.

“How did they know we were going to the prom tomorrow night?”

“They have their sources,” Max said sadly.

“You don’t think they’ll show up at my prom, do you?”

“Actually, I’d be surprised if they didn’t,” Michael said over his shoulder while he wove in and out of traffic to get them to the airport.

“Nice, Michael,” Max said, seeing that it bothered Liz.

TBC...
Last edited by Luzser1800 on Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Luzser1800
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Luzser1800 »

AN: Alright, everyone! Here's the latest installment. I am going on vacay for a couple weeks, so I will be away for a bit, but I will be back soon enough. I hope you don't miss me (a.k.a. this story :lol: ) too too much! And the song in this chapter is Brandy- Have You Ever.

Thank you to everyone for all the feedback:

roswell3053 - I hate to be the bearer of bad news for you, but...
tequathisy
FSU/MSW-94 - Thanx for the support. And, yes, there are a lot of things coming out that Liz was not aware of, as well as things that Max was not aware of.
clueless
guelbebek
candycane14
touched by an alien - I think it's funny that you would say that. I never watched a whole lot of Sarah M. Gellar outside of Buffy, and I keep spelling her name wrong, lol. I don't know why I keep thinking there's an H in there.
RhondaAnn
trulov - I really don't want to give anything away, but on some levels, you were correct, and we'll get there. Also, five years is quite a bit of time, and people can change, can't they?
Alien614
begonia9508
BehrObsession - Oh, the grovelling shall come in time.
behrluv32

CHAPTER 28

June 1999

“You ready, man?” Michael asked as Max came out of Nancy’s bedroom in his tuxedo. He ran a finger between the top of his tux and his neck to get a little air inside. He was used to getting dressed up, as much as he may have hated it. Michael stood before him in a three-piece suit, and Max had to give a whistle.

“Lookin’ good, Michael.”

“Yeah, yeah!” Michael rolled his eyes. “Here’s your corsage for Liz, she should be down any minute.”

Nancy came over just then to inspect the boys. “You boys look so handsome,” she said to them even though she was looking at Michael the whole time. “Oh, and Happy Birthday, Michael.”

Michael blushed and nodded his thanks. He had turned eighteen just last week, and he could still taste Maria’s present on his tongue. He had also just learned that Liz was almost exactly a year younger than him. Their birthdays were very close. Michael reflected that it was almost exactly six years since he had begun living with the Evans’.

The distinct sounds of high heels were heard coming down the stairs, and the guys and Nancy moved into the living room to watch the girls descend the stairs. Both men had to swallow loudly at the sudden sight of legs. Creamy white, and then satin tan carefully walked down the steps.

“Holy shit...” Both guys breathed out in perfect sync. Nancy shifted her eyes to them, but pretended not to hear them. There was no need to get upset over the male libido. She was sure that the girls would be safe as long as Michael was there. Plus, she had taken it upon herself just last month to put both the girls on birth control, just in case.

Maria’s hair was down, blonde curls upon blonde curls bouncing off one another, and her slinky black dress, though not as expensive as Liz’s had been, was no less elegant. Liz followed her. Her hair piled high on top of her head, and two perfect curls bouncing off her cheeks.

Michael went first, grabbing Maria around the waist and swooping her off her feet in a fluid hug. Max was the opposite, taking his time to drink in each feature of his date, moving closer slowly until he reached her. “Positively gorgeous,” he whispered, leaning in for a short, but sweet, kiss.

“Thank you,” Liz whispered back against his lips.

“Michael put me down!” Maria scolded. “You’re going to wrinkle my dress!”

Liz looked over at her mother, who had tears in her eyes. “Mom,” she had to roll her eyes. “It’s only Junior Prom. I do get another one.”

Nancy couldn’t help it when she took her baby girl into her arms, crying against the top of her head. She couldn’t believe how fast her daughter had grown, and how beautiful she had become. She looked at her daughter one more time, in awe of her, and then looked at her daughter’s boyfriend. He wore a proud smile while he stared at his date. Nancy could see the love shine out of his eyes. As much as she hated to admit it, there was no denying his feelings. She finally let her baby go. “I have to get pictures before you kids go anywhere!”

With shaking fingers, finding herself both nervous and excited, she snapped a few photos of the beautiful couples, and finally allowed them to leave the house. The white stretch limousine that Max had ordered was already outside, waiting for them. Nancy watched them all go, standing by the doorway while the boys helped their girls into the limo. Once they had driven off, her telephone rang, and she ran to answer it.

“Nancy?”

“Matt!” Nancy was surprised. She hadn’t spoken to Matt since the last summer she had gone skydiving with him.

“I was just wondering if you were coming out next week?”

“Next week?”

“Yeah!” Matt always got so excited whenever preparing to jump out of a plane. “We’re having a special, and since you were my best student, I’ll give you half off!” She could almost see him wink at her from the other side of the line.

She smiled wide. “Well, you know I can’t resist you, Matt. Or a good jump.” She found herself giggling like a school girl again.

“Great! Then, we’ll see you next week, hun.”

Nancy hung up the phone, already anxious about next week. She could use a good adrenaline rush to take her mind off of other things for a bit.

The prom was hopping halfway through the night. Everyone at West Roswell High was well aware of Liz Parker’s relationship with Max Evans, and with it being a smaller school, everyone seemed to be respecting them.

Occasionally, teenagers would approach them, asking for pictures with the star, or complimenting Max on his new film, but other than that, there was no incident, and they were halfway through the prom already. Max smiled at Liz from across the table where she sat after taking a breather from dancing in a large circle of her friends to Cyndi Lauper’s Girls Just Want To Have Fun.

When the song changed to a slow one, Max offered his hand across the table, which Liz eagerly took, and he led her to the floor, right next to where Michael and Maria were already moving together.

Have you ever loved somebody so much it makes you cry?
Have you ever needed something so bad you can't sleep at night?
Have you ever tried to find the words but they don't come out right?
Have you ever?
Have you ever?

Max pulled Liz close once they were in the middle of the floor. He buried his head in the side of her neck, placing a small kiss there. “You smell wonderful.”

Have you ever been in love?
Been in love so bad
You'd do anything, to make them understand
Have you ever had someone steal your heart away?
You'd give anything, to make them feel the same
Have you ever searched for words to get you in their heart?
But you don't know what to say
And you don't know where to start

Liz looked up at him with a smile. “Such a charmer.” He smiled back and lifted her hand above her head, indicating he wanted her to spin, which she did, slowly, coming back to lean with her back against his chest.

Have you ever?
Have you ever?

“This is awesome,” Michael said as he held tight to his date. “I’ll never get to go to prom.”

Have you ever found the one, you dreamed of all your life?
You'd do just about anything, to look into their eyes
Have you finally found the one you've given your heart to?
Only to find that one, won't give their heart to you
Have you ever closed your eyes and dreamed that they were there?
And all you can do is wait, for the day when they will care

Maria gave him a half-smile. Her gaze turned serious as she stared into his eyes. “I love you.”

Have you ever?
Have you ever?

His eyes softened and he had to smile. They may not say the words to each other very often, but every time they were said, it still stung his heart in a wonderful way. “I love you, too.”

What do I gotta do to get you in my arms, baby?
What do I gotta say to get to your heart?
To make you understand, how I need you next to me
Gotta get you in my world, cause baby I can't sleep

Max had to close his eyes at just how perfect Liz felt against him. His heart was squeezing in appreciation of her. He knew she was the one. She was his only one.

Have you ever?
Have you ever?

When the prom finally ended, Max, Liz, Michael, and Maria went outside into the night only to be assaulted by angry white lights. Max immediately shielded Liz with his body and Michael did the same with Maria.

“Max, Liz!!” They shouted. Liz turned round and round, stunned at how many there were. There must have been twenty photographers, and the brightness was beginning to make her blind. She had to blink repeatedly, nothing but white behind her eyelids.

Michael was able to easily get Maria into the limo that was waiting for them outside. Max was not so lucky with Liz. They were crowding the couple and it was pretty hard for them to even move. Michael left Maria in the limo to help his friends.

“Liz! How do you feel about Max’s secret relationship with Sarah Michelle Gellar?!” One of the reporters had yelled conspiratorially and Liz spun around at the blunt question. She could see the reporter was satisfied and had a pen hovering over a notepad to make sure she got the exact reaction she had wanted.

“Hey! Shut the fuck up!” Max yelled as Michael finally made his way through the crowd. Max handed Liz over to Michael, whispering to her, “Just get in the limo, baby.” Michael made sure to grab Max’s arm to help move the two of them through the vultures.

“Max, Sarah has told us that she has been having sexual relations with you since the beginning of filming Your Heart’s Desire,” the reporter countered.

“You’re a fuckin’ liar!” Max screamed, finally getting into the limo behind Michael and Liz. He almost rolled the window down to get in a good insult, but Michael pulled him back.

“It ain’t worth it, Max.”

Max sat in the backseat, his fists clenching and unclenching in his dress pants, his jaw grinding. Liz put a hand on his arm, and she could feel his muscles working underneath the fabric. Max looked over at her, throwing an arm over her shoulders and pulling her close with a loud sigh. There was nothing he could do at this point and even though he hated it, he would have to deal with it.

Liz turned to Michael, who was doing his best to reassure her with his eyes, and by shaking his head slowly that what had been said about Max and Sarah was not true. Liz couldn’t help but wonder, though.

“It’s bullshit, Liz! I swear to God!” Max was still fuming when they made it back to the hotel. Nancy had agreed to let them spend the night out, as was normal practice for prom nights, even though she didn’t like it much. Michael had assured her that he would take care of her, though.

“Liz, he’s telling you the truth,” Michael said gently. “Max and Sarah haven’t even spent any time together. I’ve been at his side the entire time.”

Liz wanted to believe the two of them, even though the thought of it alone was threatening to paralyze her. She found herself unable to respond at all, just staring into her boyfriend’s eyes, praying to see the truth there. She could tell immediately that Michael was not lying. And even though she liked to think she knew Max better than anyone, he was always so guarded, his feelings were sometimes very hard to determine. She shook her head of the nonsense. It was obvious that Michael was not lying. “I believe you, Max,” she said softly.

He pulled her to him in a crushing hug, thanking her over and over in her ear. She felt his sigh of relief against her body, and tightly wrapped her arms around his neck to show him that she wasn’t letting go.

Liz looked over Max’s shoulder to see Michael pull Maria closer, obviously pleased that Liz was not listening to the paparazzi. Liz hated the way she still had doubts about Max. She tried her best to tell herself repeatedly that she had to trust him, but it was so hard when she couldn’t be with him all the time. She found herself wishing, once again, that there was a way for them to always be together, and she hated that it was mostly to keep an eye on him rather than to be closer to him.

TBC...
Luzser1800
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Luzser1800 »

AN: Okay, I am finally back with a new part and it is really, really short, but there was really no better place to leave it and I promise to make it up to you all next chapter. :wink: Once again, thank you to everyone who voted and made the awards on the front page of this fic a reality! You guys are awesome! :D

CHAPTER 29

“I can’t see why you were so upset, Max, considering that you had cheated on Liz with Sarah,” Alex mentioned as he rubbed the slight stubble that seemed to had just formed on his chin.

“That was the thing,” Max countered. “They were trying to convince Liz that I’d slept with her, and that hadn’t happened. And it really aggravated me, which was why I was so desperate for Liz to not believe them.” When he saw the still dumbfounded expression on everyone’s faces, he tried to clarify what he meant. “I know it sounds stupid, but that’s how I saw it at the time.”

Liz was still feeling the sting of his betrayal. It was still painful, even after all this time. She could tell herself a hundred times over that it is in the past, and that she needed to move on and forgive him, but her heart still hurt.

Everyone nodded and looked around at each other, wondering where to start next. There was, however, no mistaking the dismal looks everyone at the table wore.

July 1999

“Where’s Nan?” Maria asked when she walked through the door to Liz’s home uninvited.

“Jumping out of an airplane,” Liz said casually as she rummaged through the refrigerator for something cold to drink. She found the last bottle of water and took it out.

“Cool,” Maria said just as casually. “Pour me some of that, would ya?” Liz poured some water into a glass for her friend and then sipped from the bottle. “Where’s Max?” Maria asked after taking a drink.

“He’s in L.A., where do you think?” Liz said with a ‘duh’ expression. When she saw Maria’s confused look, Liz added, “He has a few auditions to go on. Doesn’t Michael fill you in on these things?”

“I haven’t talked to him.”

“Oh?” Liz asked as if it were the strangest thing in the world.

“Well, he’s been busy and I’ve been staying away from home, so if he calls there, I’m not there, and my cell phone has been acting funny, hanging up as soon as I answer or dropping the call before I can even say ‘hello,’ so it’s all been a big pain in the ass to try to talk to him. I have this funny feeling that there is a higher power involved here,” she finally stopped rambling and took a breath.

Liz had caught every word since she was used to her friend’s rants on a regular basis. “Well, it’s either that or AT&T.” She smiled and the girls were no longer able to hold in their laughter. “Ya, know, you can use our phone.”

“Yeah, right! Nan will kill me if I run up your bill calling California.”

“Just a suggestion,” Liz smiled.

“And if he’s cheating on me, I swear to God, I will rip his balls off with my bare hands, grind them up in a blender, and make him drink every last drop of his own betrayal.” Her eyes narrowed as she seemed to picture how sweet that revenge would be. Maria’s phone then buzzed loudly, interrupting that image while Liz shook her head, and she attempted to answer it. “Hello?!” she screamed into the mouthpiece. “Michael?!” There was silence for a moment as Liz listened. “Dammit!!” Maria shouted and threw her phone down on the kitchen table. “I hate this phone!”

Liz snickered and took another long sip of her water.

“Dammit!” Michael yelled as he hung up in irritation. “I keep getting cut off. You don’t think she’s hanging up on me on purpose, do you?”

“Are you kidding me?” Max asked with an incredulous expression. He ignored Michael and shrugged his shoulders and rolled his head on top of his neck dramatically. He seemed to realize that it wasn’t helping and pulled a small flask from the inside pocket of his jacket.

“Max, how much have you had today?” Michael was concerned as he watched Max take another swig from that handy flask.

“Obviously not enough, because I still feel edgy,” Max said before taking another drink. He couldn’t figure out why the hairs on the back of his neck seemed to be standing on end. He had done the audition thing a couple hundred times already. There was no reason for his leg to be bobbing nervously. He was one of the most sought after actors in Hollywood. There was no reason for him to be so antsy.

“It’s an audition, Max, you’re supposed to feel edgy.” Michael attempted to swipe the drink from Max, but Max quickly pulled his arm back and tucked the alcohol safely back into his inside pocket. He gave Michael a hard look, but said nothing as he waited impatiently.

Michael didn’t want to make the situation worse by opening Max’s jacket anyway and stealing the flask like he wanted to. He had seen Max drinking quite excessively over the last few months. He didn’t understand what the catalyst for it was. Max never seemed to need a reason to get drunk anymore.

Fire burned inside Michael at Max’s drinking. He remembered all to well what it was like when his real father had starting boozing up. Hank was the reason that Michael had even had the opportunity to be adopted by Ms. Evans at all. If he hadn’t been such a lousy dad, Michael may never have known this life of love. He didn’t want to lose Max. They had been like brothers for so long, and while he hated to see him drinking, he kept telling himself that as long as he was around, Max would be alright. Michael wouldn’t allow anything bad to happen.

Someone finally came to the door and pointed to Max, indicating that they were ready for him. Max straightened his back and walked through the door, as ready as ever to nail this audition.

While Max was in the room, Michael continued to try Maria’s cell phone, but it was no use, the call just kept getting dropped. He was getting worried. He couldn’t understand what was going on with the phones, but he swore to himself that as soon as they were together again, he and Maria were getting new top-of-the-line cell phones.

Three Hours Later...

Just as Liz was getting ready to go out with Maria, who had convinced her that they needed to get out for a while, the phone in the kitchen rang. Maria stopped at the open door, waiting while Liz rolled her eyes and backed up to get the telephone.

Maria listened to Liz’s side of the conversation.

“Hello.”

“This is Liz Parker.” Liz’s face went slack and devoid of emotion.

Silence. Maria watched concerned, wondering what was being said.

Silence. Liz’s eyes went back in forth as if listening and thinking at the same time.

Silence. Maria’s mouth formed a small circle and she walked closer to Liz, only to be interrupted by the shrill of Liz’s cell phone. She quickly answered it, relieved to hear Michael’s voice. “Oh, Michael! Are you the one who’s been calling? Because I have been trying to call you but my cell phone is totally screwed up and it keeps cutting me off before I can even say ‘hello’ and that’s why...” she suddenly trailed off and looked at her friend again. “Oh shit, Michael! I think I have to go!” She clicked off the phone. “Liz? Liz, who was on the phone?!”

The phone dropped from Liz’s hand and Liz fell to her knees in complete shock as tears rapidly escaped her eyes.

Diane Evans had just stepped out of the shower when the phone rang. She quickly grabbed a towel, wrapping it around herself and rushing for the phone. When she made it, she answered with a breathy “Hello.” Her heart nearly stopped at what she heard next. Her only son sounded desperate and afraid.

“Mom, I need you.”

TBC...