Dark Shadows and Brilliant Highlights (ML M/A) Pt6 4.15[WIP]

This is the place where fics that have not been updated in the past three months will be moved until the author asks a mod to move them back to an active board.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, truelovepooh, Forum Moderators

Lorastar
Addicted Roswellian

Dark Shadows and Brilliant Highlights (ML M/A) Pt6 4.15[WIP]

Post by Lorastar »

Title: Deep Shadows and Brilliant Highlights

Author: Laura Wilson aka lorastar

Summary: Max Evans is the world’s best best friend. But what happens when his path converges with that of crush Liz Parker, who has changed since high school?

Disclaimer: I own nothing.

Author’s Note: I had this idea that wouldn’t go away, so I thought I’d write it down and see what people would think of it. I have another work in progress, How Flying Feels, so I'll be trying to maintain a consistent updating schedule for both. The title of this fic comes from the band HIM.

Thanks to Onarek for the pertiful banner!

Prologue

Max Evans turned to stare at the girl sitting four rows back. Her long dark brown hair flowed out in shiny waves from under her burgundy four-point graduation cap. Her makeup was light, barely noticeable blush staining her cheeks, unobtrusive eye shadow and eyeliner, and her lips were void of lipstick, gloss instead making them shine. He wondered what they would taste like. He wondered if she wore plain lip-gloss, like his sister next to him, or flavored, like his best friend two chairs down. Max didn’t know why, but he was almost sure she would wear flavored gloss. Maybe strawberry. She always seemed to have a faint smell of strawberries to her, maybe that was why.

Isabel nudged him. “Max. We’re the next row. Concentrate. If you trip walking up to get your diploma, I swear I will never talk to you again.” Her flavorless glossed lips pressed together in a straight line. Long blond hair flowed around her shoulders and she touched it self-consciously, trying to make it even more perfect.

Max’s best friend, Maria Deluca leaned forward and smiled at him with those lips that matched the color of their robes perfectly. He had no idea how she did that, but her lip color always matched her outfits. She mouthed the words: “Don’t worry. It’ll be fine.”

Max smiled back at her, completely relaxed. He turned to his sister. “Isabel. You look beautiful. Now just breath. Because if you focus on me tripping, you’ll be the one who does.”

She gasped, her lips flying apart to reveal her perfect white teeth. “Take it back! Take it back right now!”

The row in front of them stood and started to make their way up to the stage. The teacher at the end of their row shot them a dirty look before standing up. The whole row silently counted to ten, then proceeded to all stand up together.

Looks like they actually learned something during their days of graduation practice. Maria followed the boy in front of her down the row, Isabel, and Max trailing behind her. As Isabel got to the end of the row, and started turning to her right to walk up to the stage, she tripped. Max reached out and caught her before she could fall all the way to the ground, saving her the embarrassment.

“I told you so.” He whispered, letting go of her.

“I hate you.” She glared at him, mock venom poisoning her voice.

“Love you, too, my dear sister.”

“Maria Deluca.” The principal called out.

Max watched happily as his best friend gracefully approached the man, took her diploma and did a happy dance as she walked off the stage.

“Isabel Evans.” Isabel lifted her head, pasted on her best smile, and strolled confidently onto the stage.

“Max Evans.” This was it. The final moment as a high school student. He savored the feeling as he walked up to his principal, shook his hand, and took his diploma.

“Good job, Max.” Mr. Forrester commended him. Max smiled thanks, and began walking away. He paused near the steps off the stage and glanced down into the audience. She was watching him, smiling slightly, before the young man next to her stole her attention. He watched her listen to him, before laughing and punching him in the arm.

This was it; the last day he would ever see Liz Parker again.
Last edited by Lorastar on Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:11 pm, edited 12 times in total.
Lorastar
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Lorastar »

So...anyone still interested in this story? If so, here's the next part.

Quick replies:

Maxsgurl, thanks for the fb! I hope you will continue to be intrigued and to like this story.

Sel, hi and thanks for the fb! What now? Well...read on and find out! Hope you like it!

linliz68, thank you! I'm glad you already like the characters. Of course one of them had to trip! Max is going to be a good guy in this story.

icequeen, thanks for the fb! I hope you'll like this next part.

taressa05, thanks for the fb! I hope you'll like this next part and wherever the story continues to go.

LovinGuerin2Much, thanks for the fb! And thanks for reading! Hope you like the next part.

Part 1

Maria dipped her spoon into the container again, dragging it around the edges to collect the soft, melting goodness. Placing the spoon in her mouth, and wrapping her tongue around the ice cream, she moaned as the birthday cake ice cream, brownie bites, sprinkles and chocolate syrup dissolved in her mouth.

Max smiled at her from the couch, comfortable as he abandoned his ice cream and lay down on her couch. The light brown suede like material brushed against his neck, tickling him slightly.

Maria dropped the spoon back into the ice cream container and pushed it away from her. Licking her lips, she raised her hands above her head and stretched. Her light pink shirt rose up and exposed several inches of her warm, tanned skin, and her pierced belly button, with the small blue star twinkling in the dim lights of her apartment.

“Max?”

“Yeah?” He replied, staring up at the ceiling above him.

“I think I’m pregnant.”

Confused, he whipped his head around to look at her. She cuddled up against the pillows on the floor, and rested her hand on her lower stomach.

“What? How?”

She smiled, a small, thin smile. “Well, Max, when two people are attracted to each other, they sometimes get a little carried away. Throw a little alcohol into the mix, and WHAM! They end up having a night of torrid passion that doesn’t turn into anything and the girl ends up pregnant and alone.”

Max rolled off the couch and crawled over to her, pulling her thin body into a tight hug. Tears started rolling down her cheeks and she struggled to contain the sobs that threatened to overtake her. He hugged her tighter, marveling at how small she was, how petite. He should’ve protected her better.

“Does he know?”

She snorted. “Are you kidding? I haven’t seen him since that night. I don’t know how to find him to tell him.”

“Are you sure?”

“Well, he didn’t exactly leave his address or phone number when he ditched me.”

Max rolled his eyes and pulled back to look into her eyes. She squirmed under his gaze. “I meant, are you sure you’re pregnant? Did you get tested or anything?”

“No.” She answered slowly, her voice changing into a tone that made her seem young and scared.

Of course she was scared. She was only twenty-one, and now possibly pregnant.

“Oh. Who’s the dad, Maria?”

“Remember how I told you about that guy I kept running into at parties?”

“Yea.”

“It was him. After the Halloween party at the old factory, we went back to his house.”

Max almost smiled. “So you know where he lives.”

She looked away sheepishly. “I kinda had a hangover when I left that morning, plus, I was too angry to bother memorizing the location. I couldn’t tell you where he lives.” Maria scratched her head, running her long tanned fingers through her blond hair in its tight ponytail. “What am I going to do, Max? What am I going to do? My mom is going to flip when she finds out.”

Max hugged her tighter again, smoothing her hair out again. He whispered soothingly into her ear, “Don’t worry, Maria. It’ll all be okay. Let’s wait a little before you tell your mom, okay?”

She nodded and hugged him tighter as the sobs finally wracked her body.

Max stood in front of the boxes on the shelf in the oddly lit store. He really hated the way these stores were lit, everything looked like it had jaundice. Confused, he stared at the boxes, wondering which one was the right one.

A young woman walked down the aisle, her heels clicking on the linoleum floor, stopping next to him. She stood next to him, her blond curls bouncing and squishing as she tilted her head to stare at the same boxes.

“Getting a present for a girlfriend? Cause I’ve gotta say, that’s not the most romantic thing to get a girl.” An amused lilt flavored her voice.

Max kept his eyes on the boxes, not turning to look at the young woman, even when he felt her attention on him. “No, for a friend.”

“Ahh. I wish my friend would do this part for me. I hate it when you purchase one of these, and the cashier looks at you like you’re the dirtiest piece of trash.”

He turned and looked at her. She didn’t look like a slut. Her hair was pulled into a half ponytail, blond curls flying around her head. Light blue eyes sparkled in her pale face, shiny pink lips glistened slightly. She bent down to look at the boxes on the bottom shelf, biting her lip gently.

“And why on earth do drug stores ALWAYS put feminine hygiene and baby crap in the same aisle. Is it mandatory for women to want to think of having babies when they’re buying that stuff? Buying pads and tampons really doesn’t put me in the mood to change a baby’s diaper.” She fake shuddered from her newly acquired spot on the floor.

Max smiled a little against his will. “I’ve never noticed that.”

She sighed, tilting her head to look up at him. “Yea, well, you’re a guy. What can I say?”

“You’ve done this before?”

“Bought a test?”

Max nodded, self-consciously.

She looked away from him, light blue eyes again concentrating on the boxes in front of them. “For a friend. She was scared she was pregnant, so I went with her to buy one. I can’t remember what kind she bought though.” She fingered a box gently, glaring at the words emblazoned on the box. Giggling slightly, she picked up two boxes. “What do you say I buy this brand and you try this one? We can compare notes later and see which works the best.” Standing up slowly, she handed a box to Max, a warm blush blazing on his cheeks.

“Thanks.” He muttered, taking the box.

She smiled again before holding her hand out to him to shake. “I’m Tess, by the way.”

He took her hand and shook it gently. “Max.”

“Nice to meet you Max.”

“You too, Tess.”

Tess nudged him with her shoulder and they began walking towards the check out registers. “So, Max. You come here often?”

Maria stared at the little stick. “Does two lines mean positive or negative?”

Max stared at the little box. “Umm…negative.”

She let a sigh of relief out.

“Wait…sorry…positive.”

“Is it positive or negative?”

“Positive.”

She sighed again. “Are you sure?”

“Positive.” He said, worried about how his best friend was going to take it.

She smiled. “I’m going to be a mommy.” She laughed. “I want my mommy.”

Max moved to her side and wrapped his arms around her. “I’ll be here the whole time for you, Maria. Anything you need, I’ll get for you. You can count on me.”

“Thanks, Max.”

He kissed her head gently. “No problem, Ria.”

Liz walked into the kitchen, one hand over her eyes, groping for the kitchen counter. Her brother looked up from the sports section of the newspaper and frowned at her.

“What’s his name left early.”

“Good.” She groaned as she sank down into a chair next to her brother. Sneakily, she stole his coffee and took a sip, moaning in satisfaction as the hot liquid slid over her taste buds and down her parched throat.

“Who was he?” Michael asked, taking his coffee back from his sister.

“I don’t remember.”

“Liizzz.” He whined loudly.

Sinking farther into her chair, she barked at him, “I’m not in the mood to hear it, Mikey.”

Not bothering to listen to his beloved sister, he continued his tirade. “Liz, you really need to stop doing that. You’re a smart, beautiful, young woman who deserves more. You’re going to get yourself into some trouble if you keep sleeping with random men you can’t even remember in the morning.”

“I prefer not to remember them.”

“They don’t even stay to wake up with you.”

“I prefer it that way.”

“Why?”

Liz sighed in annoyance, pushing the smooth coffee cup over their tiled table to her brother. “Because, dear brother, not all of us have met someone we fell head over heels with at a party, had a one night stand and taken a vow of abstinence ever since.”

Michael growled at his sister, wondering where the genes for ‘pain in the butt’ came from, because he most certainly did not carry them. “I did not take a vow of abstinence. I just haven’t found anyone I’ve really been interested in, since.”

“There are plenty of girls out there, Michael. Do one.” Liz patted her brother on the shoulder, groaning as the pain in her head made her want to die. “My head is killing me.”

“Good.” Michael muttered. “I hope you suffer from a million hangovers until you realize you’re acting like a slut.” He stood up from the chair and walked out of the room.

Liz groaned loudly as her brother stormed away from her, lowering her head down to the table. Her head making contact with the cool tiled tabletop, she muttered a quiet, “Ouch.”
Lorastar
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Lorastar »

Hey everyone, sorry it's taken me so long to get this part out. I just finished it after seeing people are still reading.

nibbles2

<center>
just found this, like it so far. I don't think Michael is in any position to lecture Liz about her behaviour, after all he had a night of torrid passion with a who he doesn't know and got her pregnant. And obviously something hapened that left Maria with the impression that Michael wanted nothing more to do with her. although it is sweet that he likes Maria and isn't interested in other s.

so what hapenned to Liz to make her act this way? getting drunk and sleeping around with random guys doesn't seem like the Liz that Max was so in love with.
</center>

Michael's just trying to help her before she's too far gone, because he actually learned something from Maria. Everything will be explained about Liz, shortly. I hope you'll like this next part.

FaithfulAngel24

<center>
Yay! I just found this and It's awesome. Wil Michael find Maria?
</center>

Thank you! Maybe he will eventually.... :D

Alien614

<center>
HmmmMax meets Tess...not good. Liz is a mess! Can't wait to see where this goes. Smile
</center>

Oh, Tess is not someone to worry about in this fic. For some reason, I can't seem to write a Tess with the intention of having people hate her. I blame Lullaby for that.

g7silvers
<center>Wow, Liz a slut? wow.

Max met Tess. I can see that going somewhere.

Interesting.</center>
Yup, Liz is a slut. Max and Tess...they'll be important. Hope you like this next part!

Eve
<center>Great start.</center>
Thank you!

brilliantsmiles
<center>This is excellent

i really hope you continue this

i give you a gold star.</center>
Thank you! It's taken me a really long time to post this, but yes, I will be continuing! Ooh! A gold star! Yay!

Anywho, so here's the next part, hope you all like it!

Part 2

Maria knocked on the door, hesitantly. As she waited for the door to open, she ran her hand through her hair, once well manicured nails catching on her messy hair. Moments passed without a noise on the other side of the door so she knocked again, her fist knocking anxiously on the hard wooden door.

“I’m coming!” A muffled voice answered and the sounds of someone rushing through a messy room could soon be heard.

The door flew open, revealing a half naked, sleepy Max Evans. His droopy eyes were still cluttered with sleepy, even as he rubbed them quickly; a trail of dried drool ran from the corner of his soft lips down to his chin. He rubbed roughly at it, trying to erase all traces of his nighttime drooling problem.

“Maria, come in.” He walked back into the room, allowing Maria to follow him. She walked into the room and closed the door behind her, leaning on it for support as Max sank down onto his couch, textbooks surrounding him, sticky notes marking important pages.

She tried to smile as she fidgeted with her hands, zipping and unzipping the warm gray sweatshirt that hid her torso. Her favorite pink tank top was hidden underneath, inadequately covering the beginnings of a small bump in her abdomen.

“Okay, Max, here’s the story.” Shaking slightly, she left the stability of the door behind her and began pacing on the floor in front of the couch, still fidgeting with the zipper. “I went to the doctor, and he confirmed it. I’m pregnant.” She smiled. “I’m pregnant, Max, I’m really pregnant.” Her voice rose, reaching the point of hysterics.

Max stood up as quickly as his still sleepy mind would allow him to and made his way over to his best friend, enveloping her in a warm hug. Maria pushed him away and started pacing again.

“I want to tell my mom. Now. I don’t want to wait a few months, let things stew, and then tell her. She’ll hate me if I don’t tell her right now.” She stopped and stared at Max, who was wrapping his arms around himself, searching for a shirt in the mess of his apartment. Finding one, he slipped it over his tan, muscled torso and sighed, sitting on the couch again.

“But what do I tell her? She’s going to be so disappointed in me when she finds out that her only daughter got drunk, had a one night stand and got pregnant. And if I lie and say that the father doesn’t want to be around, she’ll go crazy until she finds out who he is and castrates him!” She shrieked, grabbing her hair, messing it up even more than it already was. Breathing deeply she stopped pacing and turned to look at Max again, clumps of hair sticking up haphazardly.

Motioning at the seat next to him, Max scratched the back of his neck, trying to find the right words. Maria shook her head at him, instead returning to her pacing.

“Why don’t we tell your mom that I’m the dad? She likes me, while she won’t be ecstatic about it, I’m sure she won’t try to castrate me.” Max said slowly.

Maria stopped pacing, time feeling like it had skidded to a halt around her. “What?”

“We should tell your mom I’m the father of your baby. I’m going to be there the whole time for you, anyway.”

Maria allowed the idea to settle in her mind. Could she really allow people to think her hot best friend was the father of her baby? Would that be fair to either of them? And what about the baby, would it be fair to him or her? Heart racing, she headed for the door.

“I…thank you, Max, for the idea. I need to think about it. I’ll let you know.”

Gasping for the oxygen her lungs so desperately needed, she opened the door and walked into the hallway.

Inside his apartment, Max groaned and fell backwards onto his couch, legs flopping off the armrest. Running his hands through his short hair, attempting to smooth it, he stared at the ceiling, wondering if he had just done the right thing.

Michael watched his twin sister as she stood in front of the full-length mirror in her bedroom. Her straight long dark brown hair hung down her back, past the thin straps of her belly baring black form fitting tank top. Tight faded jeans hugged the curve of her hips, showing the attractive body he knew so many of their male classmates lusted after.

She touched her face gently, fingers grazing over the thin layer of makeup that covered her face. Slick, cinnamon colored lip-gloss clung to her fingers as they drifted away from her lips. Blankly, she stared at her reflection, struggling to recall who was staring back at her.

Michael drifted away from the room sadly, remembering the good ol’ days when he himself recognized Liz.

Maria stood by his couch, watching him as he watched her. She winced as she imagined his eyes looking through her, searching for a glimmer of something worthwhile. But of course Max would always think she was special, because he was her best friend. Max was the only person who had stood by her side through all of life’s trials and tribulations. He was the first friend she made when her mom and dad moved her to Roswell, and the one true friend who comforted her when her father left her and her mom. He was the one who had brought her the little puppy so that she’d have something besides her mom to care for, and was the one who helped her pay the vet bills when that puppy grew into an elderly dog. He was the one who threatened to beat up her prom date if he tried any “funny business.” In short, he was like the older brother she never had.

And now he was offering to pretend to be the father of her baby.

Hesitantly, she opened her mouth, allowing the words that had been floating around her mind to tumble out.

“Okay, I’ll tell my mom that you’re the dad. But we will not allow ourselves to be coerced into an engagement, fake or otherwise. Once the baby is born, we will tell everyone the truth. And, under no circumstances am I allowing you to help financially with this baby. It is my responsibility and I plan on taking care of it completely on my own.” She spit out hurriedly, standing in the doorway with her hands on her hips.

Max nodded, wordless. He couldn’t help but wonder if he had done the right thing.

And then, Maria vocalized the same concerns that were running through his head.

Plopping down on the couch next to him, she rested her head on his sturdy shoulder and tilted her head closer to his. “Do you think we’re doing the right thing?” Her voice was quiet, questioning.

Max pulled his head away enough to turn it and kiss her gently on the head. “I don’t know, sweetie. I hope so.”

Maria smiled, trying hard to believe it.

Tess smiled as she made her way towards her best friend of three years, a special spring in her step. She pounced on the girl buried in books under the tree they’d met at on their first day of college.

“So,” she exclaimed excitedly, “the world does not have to worry about the catastrophic events that would ensue were Tess Harding and Kyle Valenti to mate with the result being an infant sharing the DNA and, God help us, personalities of said parents.”

The petite brunette turned towards her and stared at her with a confused expression. Using her finger as a bookmark for her biology textbook, she half smiled. “You’re saying you’re not pregnant, right?”

“YES!” Tess stood and up and proceeded to jump around Liz, who promptly returned to her book

“You’re such a dork. Have you ever heard of speaking in short sentences?”

Tess pretended to think about it, one pale finger twirling a section of her blond curly hair. “Umm…I’ve heard of it. I think I speak in easy to comprehend sentences occasionally, but it’s fun to make you work hard to understand me.”

“I understood you. Congratulations. Have you told Kyle yet?”

Tess smiled, pearly white teeth shining, and shook her head wildly. “No! You know…Kyle is just counting the days until he gets me knocked up and I have to marry him. I am not playing that game. I never told him in the first place that I might be.”

Liz shook her head, still pretending to read the pages of her biology book. “He’s not purposely trying to get you knocked up. We talked about this, he loves you more than life itself but he’s scared shitless of kids. Apparently, he had this traumatic experience with a friend’s baby that”

“Threw up on him twenty times in one minute.” Tess joined in. “Yea, yea, I know the story.” She ran her hands through her hair, calming herself as she plopped down next to her best friend. “So…I met this really cute guy at the drugstore.” She nudged Liz with her shoulder as Liz stared at her and burst into laughter.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

He watched as the girls danced together, dewy skin glimmering under the glow of the dim lights. Some wore miniskirts that showed their whole leg and halter tops, cut down low to entice the boys and to keep the free drinks rolling, while others wore tight, hip hugging jeans, jeweled belts shining, reflecting the light. They all danced, bumping against each other and the guys who got near them. Some of them held clear glasses in their hands, raised above their heads as they laughed and tried to continue dancing. Small amounts of alcoholic liquids slipped from the glasses, light catching on it as it fell to the ground.

A guy approached the group and they pulled him into their dancing, rubbing and bumping against him as he smiled and laughed, pulling one brown haired girl closer to him. He ran his hands over her waist as she danced closer to him, moving her body up and down seductively only inches from his body. He pulled her up, closer to him, smiling brightly as he placed his hand on her hips and ran them down to the top of her legs. She continued dancing, the alcohol beginning to take effect on her, her few inhibitions flying out the window.

She turned around to face him, eyes half closed as she stared up at him, smiling lightly.

“You want to buy me a drink?” She asked quietly before he pulled her off the dance floor.

He bought the drink quickly and came back to her, a swarm of guys surrounding her as she leaned up against the tall table. He glared at all the guys as he handed her the drink, forcing all the guys to take off. She smiled at them as they stared at her longingly, and then turned her attention back to the guy in front of her.

He wasn’t bad looking, she surmised, possible even pretty good looking, even with that look of innocence in his eyes. Dark hair fell onto his forehead and she gently pushed it to the side, staring into his dark blue eyes. She frowned, he should have brown eyes, warm ones the color of perfectly browned toast.

Her head tilted to the side. His eyes should be brown. Then he’d look like someone she’d known once. What was his name?

He smiled at her and drank his own drink, stunned by her beauty. She smiled back at him, confusion clouding her brain.

She nodded as he asked the simple question, “Should we go back to your place?” and let herself be led out of the club, waving one hand over her head to her friends.

Michael groaned as he watched his sister being led out of the club, he couldn’t believe she was doing it again.
<center>Image</center>
Lorastar
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Lorastar »

Happy Halloween everyone! Hope you all have a wonderful evening doing whatever the heck you want to do! I know mine will be confusing, my boyfriend is wearing a dread locked wig, it's so confusing to kiss him! It's like kissing a girl who needs to shave.

Umm...anywho.

TJ

<center>
Wow Great start so far. I just found it today as I was supposed to be getting ready for class. First let me say I like that Tess is good in this fic. I love when fics have her being the best friend of Liz. Also I can't believe that Liz is a slut, but at least she has Michael to look out for her. Something tells me that something major may have happened to her to make her the way she is. Then again could be she want to shcool and suddenly decided to change her intire apperance. Either way I can't wait to read more. Hope you come back soon.
</center>

Don't you hate it when you find a story you want to read when you're supposed to be getting ready for school? I've been late too many time because of that. Thanks. I don't know if I can write an evil Tess anymore, we've been through a lot these past few years together. What happened to Liz that made her into a slut will be explained in the next part, or at least sort of explained. Hope you like this part.

Madroswellfan
<center>Wow! This story is great! I love the way you have significantly changed th characters from the show, yet its still totally 100% believeable.
Ah and now all the little pieces on the board are set....I wonder how long it will be before Tess gets Liz to meet up with Max.
Loving this story! Can't wait for more Very Happy</center>

Thank you! It means a lot to me to hear that! Ah...as to how long it'll take for Tess to get Liz and Max to meet...not long. Not long at all! Hope you like this next part!

brighteyes

<center>Gosh

This was such a great part
I am loving this</center>

Thank you! Hope you like this next part too!

anonymousfan

<center>
Hey!! I really like this!!!
I wonder what happened to Liz to be like that?? Is it because of Tess' influence???
This is good!
Please post more soon!!!!!!!
</center>

Thank you! What happened to Liz will be explained in the next few parts. Hope you like this next part.

FaithfulAngel24

<center>Great part. I was so suprised when Max offered to pretend to be the Father of Maria's baby. It just thrown me off guard. What a twist! Kudos! I can't wait to see how her mom reacts to the news. Very Happy I love the friendship between Max and Maria. It's so sweet.</center>

Thank you. Max is the ultimate best friend, doing anything to save Maria from being hurt. Her mom will find out soon, so you won't have to wait long! Hope you like this next part.

Eve

<center>What's happened to Liz bc Michael said that he didn't recognize his sister, her sleeping with each guy.....
What's is with the idea that Max is the father? Do you think that Amy will believe it?
</center>

The event that turned Liz into a slut will be expained in the next few parts. And as for whether Amy will believe that Max is the dad, well, that'll happen in about two parts, so we'll find out then.

tequathisy

<center>
Max is so sweet to Maria, I just hope his offer doesn't end up backfiring on both of them. What's up with Liz? What has driven her to act the way she does.
</center>

I hope you don't mind me asking, but what does your name mean? Anywho...it's hard for an offer like that to seem like it won't cause something bad to happen, but let's keep our fingers crossed. What happened to Liz will be covered in the next few parts.

nibbles2

<center>
Great part, wonder what caused Liz to become such a sl*t? Was she the friend Tess bought the pregnancy test for?

I love Max and Maria's friendship, he's so sweet to her. His offer was incredibly generous and selfless. But I wonder what kind of affect this will have on their relationship. Max cares alot about Maria and wants to protect her, now that she has the baby to look after it would be so easy for them to slip into a relationship for the sake of the baby. Wonder how Amy will react, she'll either k*ll Max or start planning the wedding.

I hope Maria and Michael find each other soon and that Max and Liz meet. Liz seems to have liked Max too. But what happened to her.

If Liz went to the same highschool as Maria and Max does that mean Michael did too? So then how come Maria nd Michael didn't recognise each other when they met at the party?

can't wait for more.</center>

Yup, Liz was the friend Tess bought the test for, and what happened to Liz to turn her into a slut will be explained soon. it does seem like it would be easy for them to slip into a relationship, but hopefully for Max and Liz, they won't. The Michael problem, that one will be explained in the next part, too.

POM

<center>
great story!! Post more soon!!
</center>

Thanks! I hope you like this next part!

behrluv32

<center>the parings are m/l which im guessin is max liz but who's m/a michael w/ this 'a' som1 maria w/ this 'a' som1...and why notm/m if theyre havin each others baby???? really likin the story but whys liz so slutty?? its sad but at least she's still thinkin bout max Exclamation Exclamation i wuld Very Happy
</center>

The reason Liz is so slutty will be covered in the next few parts. Hope you like this part.

lazza

<center>Interesting....why does Liz keep sleeping with random guys all the time? Is she looking for something or someone? Or has something happened to make her not care anymore?

Max is sweet to say he'll lie and be the baby's father, stupid as hell but sweet. There is nothing stopping him from acting the part with saying it.

So Liz and Michael are twins, I wonder where he was durning high school. Wouldn't Maria have noticed and remembered him if he was there as well?

Great so far Smile
</center>

Thanks! The reason Liz is so slutty will be explained soon. Yea, it is stupid as hell for Max to say that he is the dad. The Michael situtation will be explained in the next part. Hope you like this part.

icequeen

<center>Max is so sweet but he doesn't realize the mess he's going to be in now. Poor guy. LOL

I wonder what's up with Liz and what made her act this way? Something must have happened to make her the way she is.

So Tess has met Max, i hope that's not going to be an issue later on.

Glad you are back. Don't stay away for too long.</center>

Thanks! Yea, he is sweet but stupid. The situation that made Liz a slut will be explained soon. Nope, no issues with Tess and Max. Hope you like this next part.

I finally finished the next part.

And here it is.

Part 3

Max stared at the clock that was currently clicking time away above the desk of his English professor. Tapping his pencil against the scantron in front of him in annoyance, he stared at the test on his desk. Ten more questions to go. Fifteen more minutes. And of course those ten questions had to be the ones he’d already skipped. Suppressing a groan, Max looked back at the clock.

He had to pass this final, but with taking care of Maria and studying for his other classes, he had no time to study for English. The clock ticked loudly, far louder than normal, to remind him time was running out.

Ten minutes left. Ten questions.

Tick. Tick. Tick.

Five minutes left. Ten questions.

Tick. Tick. Tick.

“Three minutes left, everyone.”

The groan finally escaped the confines of Max’s lips, as his eyes dropped back to the paper. Quickly, he turned his attention to the scantron and filled in random bubbles. Fingers crossed for luck, he stood, collected his binder and test and made his way up to the teacher’s desk.

“Here.” He mumbled, shoving it into his teacher’s hands. The teacher smiled and wished him a good day. Max tried to smile, but failed miserably. He hadn’t had a good day in quite a few days.

What he wouldn’t do for a good nights sleep.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Maria glanced at the pink strapped watch on her thin wrist. Annoyance clouded her features as she realized Max was late. She twisted uncomfortably on the stool in the small on campus café and stared out the window, watching for Max. Smiling slightly, she watched as he rushed to the door, blinking rapidly as his eyes adjusted to the dim lighting.

She waved at him and he quickly maneuvered his way around other students and nearly collapsed onto the stool next to her.

“Hi.” He said, his voice sounding more like a rapid exhale.

She smiled, worry crossing her face as she watched his eyes droop slowly, his body sagging onto the uncomfortable stool. “Are you okay?”

“Peachy.” He replied, sarcasm flavoring his voice.

“Ok.” She gave him a quick half hug, not convinced. “How’d the test go?”

Max groaned loudly. “Great.” More sarcasm.

“Ahh.” Maria understood. “Well, I was expecting that, so I ordered you an amazing shake and a cheeseburger. You know how much all that warm melty cheese, and vanilla shake with bits of crunchy M&M’s perks you up.” She smiled and nudged him gently.

Max turned to look at her and smiled genuinely. “I really do love you, Maria. You’re amazing.”

Her face lit up. “I know.” She hugged him tightly. “And I love you, too, Max, for everything you do for me.”

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Tess pranced into the quad, still euphoric about the results of her pregnancy test. Who knew a simple negative could make someone so happy? Oh, who was she trying to kid? Tess was just always this perky. Her blond hair, straight and shiny today, flew around her hair as she danced to the music in her mind.

People watched her as she passed, not laughing, because who on Earth would laugh at the magnificent Tess Harding? She was an institution at Chapman University.

She stopped long enough to say hello to a group of classmates from her English Lit class and then went on her merry way, calling out cheerful hellos to the random people who acknowledged her.

Smiling, her gaze landed on the brunette settled on a concrete planter, his nose buried deep into a thick textbook. She laughed, already seeing the similarities between him and a certain best friend of hers, and planning how the two would end up together. Calmly, she approached him and settled down next to him.

Max looked up and smiled slightly at her, nodding his head before returning back to the book.

Tess leaned in closer to him, smelling his clean scent, and examining the book. “Law Basics in the Twenty-first Century?” She wrinkled her nose and Max finally looked up at her.

“Yup. Final tonight.”

Tess groaned for him. “Oh, God. Good luck. What time is your class over?”

Max closed the book, willing to have a conversation with the bouncy blond next to him. “Umm…six. Why?”

Tess straightened up and smiled conspiratorially. “Great. After your class, you’re coming out with some friends and me to unwind. We’re going to that new club downtown, Lava, and you’re coming with us! We’ll see you at eight.” She stood up and smiled at him, pulling a little piece of paper out of the pocket of her tight, faded and ripped jeans. “Here’s my number, call me if you have any questions. And good luck with the test!”

Max watched as she walked away, slightly confused about what just happened. He shrugged and tucked her number into his book, and started reading again.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Liz’s light snores reached Michael’s ears as he opened the door to her bedroom. Tess had just gotten home and was about to ambush Liz, and for some reason, Michael felt like doing it first. He smiled evilly as he entered her room, a bucket of ice cold water in one hand and a feather in the other. Slowly, he crept to the bed and sat down.

He knelt close to his twin sister, amazed at how innocent she looked when she was sleeping. Hell, from this view, she actually looked slightly virginal, all curled up in her white sweats, clutching a childhood teddy bear in her tan, slim arms.

He blew onto her face, and she continued snoring. Delicately, he grazed her face with the feather and stifled a laugh as she stirred in her sleep enough to bat the feather away. He did it again, getting the same reaction from her.

Michael tried sticking the feather up her nose next, and she batted it away again.

“Ge’ way.” She slurred in her sleep.

“Lizzy.” Michael said loudly.

No response.

“Lizzy!” He screamed.

No response.

So he dumped the bucket of ice water on her head.

That one got a response.

Her scream carried through the house they rented with their best friends Tess and Kyle, causing Tess to come investigate. Liz jumped out, soaked and shivering. Anger blazed in her eyes as she stood on the bed and threw her teddy bear at her annoying brother.

“MICHAEL! I’M GOING TO KILL YOU!” She screamed as the door flew open and Tess stood in the doorway before running and taking a flying leap onto the bed, tackling Liz in one fluid motion.

Michael stood by the bed, laughing and pointing as their blond friend pinned down his sister. “Neener neener neener. You can’t get me!” He laughed, sticking his thumbs into his ears and sticking out his tongue.

Liz threw Tess of off her, forcing her friend to the ground with a loud thump.

“Ouch!” Tess complained loudly.

Michael stood in shock as he watched Liz flew off the bed and started lunging towards him.

“Oh shit.” He screamed as he ran out of the room, and into his own bedroom two doors over. He locked the door and leaned against the door, breathing heavily as Liz pounded at the door, yelling obscenities at him.

“You asshole! I’m going to fucking kill you in your sleep! Oh, yea, you better sleep with Kyle to protect you tonight, my dear brother!”

“LIZ!” Tess’ voice rang through the air. “You get your cute butt back here and help me off this damn floor! Dear Lord, girl! When’s the last time you cleaned under your bed?”

Michael felt the sigh of relief pass through his lips as his sister’s footsteps retreated back to her room.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Liz sat on the toilet as Tess finished applying makeup to her face. For some reason, Tess had insisted that she do Liz’s makeup. Tess finished the final touches and smiled at the newly beautified girl in front of her.

“Okay, sweetie. You look drop dead gorgeous, now.”

“Don’t I always?” Liz replied, standing up and stretching. She moved through the bathroom to the mirror and examined her appearance. “Not bad, I like it. Thank you Tess.” She turned and embraced her friend who smiled happily.

Honestly, Tess was proud of the transformation. Not that Liz was bad at doing her makeup, but she was always so flashy, glittery eye shadows that caught the light, as well as the attention of all the guys. Tonight, though, she seemed more subdued. Light blush dusted her cheeks, slick strawberry flavored lipgloss clung to her lips, reflecting the light. Her eyes were covered in a tan gel eye shadow, copper and dark brown accenting her dark brown eyes.

Liz giggled. “Now, I just need to do my hair and get dressed.”

Tess backed out of the room, honestly surprised that her friend wasn’t reaching for more makeup. “Do your hair, I’ll pick something out for you.” She turned and hurried into Liz’s bedroom when Liz nodded in approval. Calmly, she shifted through the clothes hanging in Liz’s closet for something Max would love her in. Maybe she should’ve taken a little more time to get to know the guy.

He seemed like the kind of guy who would like a sexy girl, one who didn’t show everything she had, though. Tess bypassed all the miniskirts she and Liz had bought in their mutually wild days, instead opting for a pair of jeans Liz had just splurged on last week and a white top. Pleased with her decision, she strolled back to the bathroom and tossed the outfit at a robe clad Liz.

“Hurry up and get dressed. We’re meeting a friend of mine at eight.” Tess said, turning to the mirror and touching up her own flawless makeup as Liz changed into the pale Victoria’s Secret jeans that rode low on her waist, and the simple white tank top. She slipped her feet into a pair of silver ballet-like slippers and did a happy dance. “Okay, I’m ready.”

Tess grabbed her hand and dropped the lip stick back onto the counter. “Let’s go.”

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The club was already crowded by the time Max got there at eight o’clock. The dance floor was sparsely inhabited, most people still cluttered around the bar, getting drunk and laughing hysterically. The crowd of college kids opened their tabs, knowing before they went home, tonight would end up being an expensive one. But, it was worth it, to finally relax after the end of finals.

Tess strolled in casually, Liz next to her. As they walked in, guys turned to stare at them, their confidence radiating through the darkly lit club. Music blared loudly and Liz smiled at Tess, leaning in to whisper in her ear. They laughed and made their way onto the dance floor.

Max sat at the table on the terrace and looked down at the bar for a sign of Tess. His gaze covered everyone, but he didn’t find Tess. He sighed, hoping she showed up soon.

Liz and Tess made their way to the middle of the dance floor, swaying in time to the music. The intro of the new song ended, and Liz head banged along with the music, her perfectly wavy hair flying everywhere. She bopped her head from side to side, running her hands through her hair as Tess danced around her, sexy as always. Liz’s hands ran down her sides, as she dipped and swayed, jumped, and spinned in time with the music.

Their friends found them, drinks already in their hands. One miniskirt clad girl tried to hand off a drink to Liz, but the music had caught her, and she paid no attention to her friend.

Max looked down to the dance floor and finally spotted a curly haired blond dancing in a circle of friends. He watched as she shimmied with the other girls, laughing loudly, her head thrown back as she danced and laughed. But his attention was pulled away from her as he noticed the dark haired girl next to her. Her dark hair was flying everywhere, covering her face, her hands occasionally pushing it away from her face. She danced wildly, but smoothly, lost in the beat of the music.

The song eventually ended, his gaze still stuck on the dark haired girl in the white shirt next to Tess. Smiling, he noticed the next song starting and made his way down to the dance floor. He pushed through the throng of hot bodies to get to Tess. Finally, he reached her, and tapped her on the back. She turned around quickly.

Her face lit up as she noticed him. “Max! You came!” She gave him a quick hug. “I’m so glad you could make it! Let me introduce you to my friends.”

Kyle approached her from the other side and wrapped his arm around her, pulling her closer to him and farther away from Max.

“This is Kyle, my boyfriend.” Kyle kissed her possessively on the side of the head. “These are our friends, Allison, Lynn, Brittany, and Lauren. And this,” she gestured towards the still dancing Liz, then reached out and grabbed her. Liz stopped dancing, pushing her hair away from her heated face, and up into a messy ponytail. “This is Liz.”

Liz smiled as she looked at him. He looked so familiar. Oh, my God. He wasn’t, was he? No, he couldn’t be.

Tess nudged her. “Liz, this is my new friend, Max. Max, Liz.”

Max stared at her in shock, his mouth forming an incredulous smile. His eyes twinkled as he stood face to face with his high school crush. “Liz Parker?”

She smiled brilliantly, honestly happy to see him. Flinging herself into his arms, she laughed. “Max Evans! It’s been such a long time.”

They turned to Tess who was laughing at them. “You two know each other?”

Liz nodded, eyes shinning brightly. “We went to high school together.”

The next song started, slowly, and Liz pulled Max into their circle. “I love this song, you have to dance with me.”

Hey little sister what have you done?
Hey little sister who’s the only one?
Hey little sister who’s your Superman?
Hey little sister who’s the one you want?
Hey little sister shot gun!

Max swallowed hard as Liz danced in front of him, seductively to the loud, fast music.

It’s a nice day to start again
It’s a nice day for a White Wedding
It’s a nice day to start again

Liz head banged to the fast rhythm of the Murderdoll’s version, shocking Max. He stared at temptress who shook her ass in front of him, wondering what happened to the meek Liz Parker he knew in high school.

Hey little sister what have you done
Hey little sister who’s the only one

I've been away for so long (So long)
I've been away for so long (So long)
I've let you go for so long

He swallowed hard again as Liz took his hands and placed them on her waist, turning around to face him. She laughed and placed her hands on his hips.

It's a nice day to start again
Come on yeah It's a nice day for a White Wedding
And it's a nice day to start again!

Take me back home yeah!

He moved along to the music with her, their bodies moving in rhythm together. He smiled, running his hands up and down her sides.

And there ain't nothing fair in this world

And there ain't nothing pure in this world
Look for something left in this world

She smiled, disbelieving that Max Evans was actually dancing with her. When they had graduated, she had never thought she’d see him again. Especially not this far from Roswell.

Start again
It’s a nice day for a White Wedding
And it’s a nice day to start again
it's a nice day for a white wedding

Her hands traveled up his chest and she settled closer to him, his arms wrapped tight around her as the song ended, hips still bumping against each other. She sighed, content in his arms, and confused as to why.

He pulled away, smiling. “I never took you for a Murderdoll’s kind of girl.”

She shrugged and fiddled with her ponytail. “Yeah, well, when you hang out with people like Michael, you learn to like music like that.”

A pang of unhappiness stuck him at the mention of Michael. He didn’t know who that was, but he assumed it was her boyfriend. Of course Liz Parker would have a boyfriend. Why wouldn’t she, she was perfect back in high school? And if anything, she was probably even more perfect now.

He squeezed her hand tightly and leaned in closer to her face. The scent of her strawberry lip gloss reached his nose and he inhaled deeply, memorizing the scent of Liz Parker. It was pitiful, really, how long it took for him to get lost in her. He shook his head slightly, his cheek brushing against hers for a brief second. Pulling back, he stared into her eyes and her face leaned up closer to his.

Liz licked her lips briefly, wondering if Max was going to kiss her. She’d waited seven years for him to make a move, but he never did. The small movement caught his attention and he marveled in how close they were. Mentally shaking himself, he leaned closer to her ear, his warm breath tickling her ear.

“I’ve got to go. It was nice seeing you again.”

She sighed in disappointment. “Do you really?”

“Yea. I promised a friend I’d go over to her place.”

Liz looked down at the ground. “Umm…okay. Hey, why don’t we meet up tomorrow for lunch? I’m going back to Roswell in a few days, but I’d love to get together before then.”

Max’s heart leapt. Liz wanted to get together with him? Hell yes!

He nodded and Liz reached into her pocket and pulled out a pen. She pulled his hand she was still holding closer to her body and pulled the cap off the pen. Pressing down lightly onto his tan, warm skin, she emblazoned him with her phone number.

“Call me.” She yelled so that he’d hear.

He nodded. “Will do.” They smiled and he pulled his hand from hers and walked away.

He was never washing that hand again.

Liz watched him go, wondering if he really would call her. But she didn’t wonder for too long, as another guy approached her.

“Want a drink?”

She nodded and took his hand in hers, pulling him off the dance floor.

*~*~*~*~*

He pushed his hands under her shirt, reveling in the smooth skin he encountered. Liz fell onto the bed, giggling as she dragged an equally drunk Nick down with her. His muscled body covered his completely, his head moving closer to hers so that his lips could encounter hers with a sloppy but passionate kiss. Liz’s mouth opened and his tongue dipped inside, stroking hers.

Liz moaned, wanting, needing something more. She pushed him off her, and they rolled onto their sides. Her hands went to the sides of his shirt and pulled it off him, grunting quietly as the shirt got stuck on his head. He laughed as she finally pulled it off of him. His hands went to the side of her shirt, but she pushed them away, pulling her own white shirt off in one fluid motion.

Nick groaned as he stared at her white lace clad breasts, all blood ending up in one place he sure as hell hoped Liz would be paying attention to soon. His hands reached out and covered Liz’s breast. Gently he traced it, cupping it entirely, and squeezing gently, then harder as Liz moaned louder.

He threw her onto her back, covering her with his body once again. Clumsy hands clung to the front closure on her bra, and she giggled as he hurried to open it, then moaned loudly as he parted her bra and attached his mouth to one nipple and his other hand squeezed the other breast tightly.

She screamed in pleasure.

Damn Adam.

:D
<center>Image</center>
Lorastar
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Lorastar »

Hey, everyone. finally decided to work on this a little more, sorry it's taking me such a long time to update! I've been distracted.

Part 4

Max smiled as he strolled down the street in the middle of downtown Orange. A chilly breeze whipped against him, making him glad for the hooded sweatshirt he grabbed on his way out of his apartment. The twenty-two year old was oblivious to the stares he garnered from the young women he passed, the lustful looks they passed his way. His dark brown hair fluttered in the breeze, landing on his forehead, framing the edges of his warm chestnut brown eyes.

He couldn't believe he was on his way to meet up with the girl he had crushed on since she moved to Roswell in middle school. It was amazing, really. He never thought they would see each other again, and now, four years after graduating high school, they were both attending Chapman University in Orange, California. What are the odds of so many Comets attending the same school. Didn't Kyle Valenti attend West Roswell with them?

Walking through the street, he smacked his head. Duh. He was the head of the varsity football team their senior year. And Max didn't even remember when he saw him.

He smiled again as he reached his destination, the 5 and Dime Diner. Opening the door and walking in, he scanned the chrome, red, and white room for Liz. Seeing her sit in a booth, sipping on a strawberry milkshake, he made his way over and slid into the bench on the other side of the table.

Liz's face lit up with a smile as he said hello. Waving and smiling, she returned the greeting. Her hair was pulled into a tight ponytail, a foot of shiny dark hair cascaded over the collar of her crisp white button up shirt. Her eyes twinkled at Max as he stared at her. After all these years, he looked hotter than ever. A slight blush began staining her cheeks as she looked at him, her longtime crush, until she looked away, embarrassed.

Max smiled, shyly, as he reached for the menu.

"So, what's good here?"

"The cheeseburgers. This place doesn't serve much else, but the cheeseburgers are to die for. In-and-Out style."

Max groaned, imagining the melty cheese and tasty meat patty surrounded with lettuce, tomato, and a thick bun. His stomach growled loudly and he looked away, embarrassed, as Liz laughed.

"I am so gonna miss In-and-Out when I go back to New Mexico." He said, breaking the silence.

She took another sip of her milkshake as the waitress approached and he ordered. The waitress walked away, taking Max's menu with her, and Liz watched him. He seemed so much more confident than he had during high school. Such a shy boy in New Mexico, now he possessed a strength and confidence that she admired.

"So, you're going back to Roswell after graduation?" She asked.

Scratching behind his ear, he half smiled. "Yea. I'm going to finish up school in Las Cruces and then going back to Roswell."

Nodding, she replied, "What major are you?"

"Law."

She nodded again. "Aah, I've heard Las Cruces has an excellent law school. Congratulations on getting in."

"Thanks. So, what about you? What are you doing after graduation?"

She shrugged. "I don't know yet. Probably going back to Roswell."

"Any ideas about what you're going to do?"

"Yea." Her eyes lit up. "Run the Crashdown while my parents go off and live an extravagant life."

"Run the Crashdown? Why?"

Their conversation ceased as the waitress plopped their food in front of them and stalked away flippantly.

"Well..." Liz smiled. "I am a business major, and I do own half of the Crashdown already. And Daddy and I have a deal that I'll get the rest in a few years. So I'd like to take over before then."

"You own half the Crashdown?" Surprise flavored his voice.

"Yea." She took another sip of her milkshake. "I helped him so much through the years that when he remarried my mom, he made it official and signed over half the business. Not that mom complained, she was never really interested in the Crash."

"What's your mom do?"

"She owns a bra and panties company. Guerin's Personals. Michael will probably take over that business some day."

"Michael?" Max's head was spinning from learning so much about the girl he had loved for so many years.

"My twin brother."

"You have a twin?"

"Yup. Just like you." She laughed, eyes twinkling.

“How did I never know this? He went to the same school as us, right?”

Liz rolled her eyes and looked away. “Michael is a retard. He totally wasted the time he spent in Roswell wishing he was still in LA. When our parents divorced, her stayed with Mom, and I moved out here with Dad. So when our parents hooked back up, Mom and Michael moved back out. It was near the end of senior year.”

“Aah. So he intentionally didn’t get noticed?” Max nodded and took a bite of his cheeseburger.

“Yup.” Liz replied and stole a fry off Max’s plate, smiling impishly. Max’s heart melted as he gazed at her, her eyes downcast and a blush staining her cheeks as their eyes met. She was too cute for words. Thank God for Tess, he said silently, thanking his lucky stars for running into that vivacious girl.

“So why law?” Liz asked, pulling the lettuce out of her cheeseburger and breaking it into bite sized pieces.

Max swallowed and put his cheeseburger back on the plate in front of him. “My dad owns his own practice in Roswell, and I guess I just decided to follow in his footsteps.”

Liz nodded in understanding. “I see. Is Isabel following the same footsteps?”

“No.” Max laughed. “She’s in school up in LA, some fashion design school.”

“Oooh!” Liz snapped her fingers. “I’ve heard of that place. LAFEM? Or something like that!”

Max laughed as Liz bounced enthusiastically in her seat. “Yeah, something like that. Too many letters for me to remember.”

“Hmm…a lawyer with a bad memory. Sounds great!”

Max laughed and nodded, completely comfortable with the vixen in front of him. Why had it taken him so many years to talk to her? It was so easy, so comfortable, that he felt himself falling back in love with her, as much as he was the last time he saw her.
“So…” Liz drawled out. “Now that we’ve covered the required major and plans for after college, let’s get down to the stuff you keep hidden away.”

Max swallowed, then smiled slowly. “Why would you want to do that, Liz Parker?”

“I don’t know. I just want to get to know more about the infamous Max Evans.”

“Infamous? I don’t know about that.”

Liz laughed. “Okay, maybe infamous was a bad choice. Mysterious.” She smiled. “You know that you’re hot, right? That every girl at West Roswell wanted to know what you were thinking as you stared into the distance, cause they couldn’t accept that you were thinking about the lesson.”

Ears turning red, Max ducked his head. “Really?” He mumbled, looking up. “What about you, Liz, what were you thinking about?”

She waved her hand around the air. “Oh, you know, a little of this, a little of that.” A lot about you, she added in her head. “Let’s play 20 questions. Cheesy, but still, I like it.”

“That’s cause you’re a cheese ball, Parker.”

Liz shot him a glare. “Number one, what’s the worse mistake you’ve ever made?”

Max’s face paled as he thought of Maria and the baby, someone else’s baby. “I don’t know yet. I’ve done a lot of stupid things, and some, I don’t know how they’re going to turn out yet. You?”

Liz looked back at her plate. “Adam Reinquist.”

“Who?”

Liz looked up and smiled. “He was this guy I met a few months after moving down here and starting school. Totally amazing guy, warm, caring, sweet. Treated me like a princess for the first month. Then he got what he wanted and took off.”

“Your car or your virginity?” Max asked, trying to lighten the mood as his blood boiled.

Liz laughed. “Neither, actually. He got the sex he wanted, but not my virginity.”

Max couldn’t help himself. “Who’d you lose that to?” Embarrassed as Liz’s laughter once again reached his ears, he scratched behind his ear.

“Kyle Valenti.”

Max looked up in shock. “Valenti? Isn’t he dating your friend? You guys dated?”

Liz smiled. “Yes, he’s happily dating my best friend, Tess, and he lives with Tess, Michael, and me. And no, we never dated.”

“Then…” He couldn’t help himself, he needed to know.

Liz sighed. “We were really good friends and made a pact that if we were both still virgins by the senior prom, that we’d bite the bullet and do each other.”

“Wow.”

Liz laughed again. “Oh my God. You’re one of those guys!”

“Huh?”

“One of those guys that thought I was a perfect angel in high school! The kind of girl that you take home to meet Mom and Dad, but never put in the spank bank.”

“Liz Parker, you were always number one in my spank bank.”

Liz erupted into laughter and Max looked at her, pale, mouth hanging open.

“I didn’t just say that out loud, did I?”

Still laughing hysterically, Liz nodded, almost falling out of the bench onto the ground.

“Thank you!” She exclaimed, attempting to calm herself.

Max looked down, now completely red. “I umm…think I’m gonna go….”

Liz finally stopped laughing and wiped at the tears streaming down her cheeks. “No, please. Don’t go? We’re still getting to know each other!”

Max nodded, and smiled, picking up his burger again.

“You know you had the same thoughts, Parker.”

Liz ate another fry. You have no idea, she said to herself.

Tess bounced on the bed. “So?”

“Huh?” Liz feigned innocence as she held up a black shirt to her form.

Tess shook her head. “No, wear the red one. You know what I’m talking about. How did things go with Max?”

Liz sighed and laid out on the bed, smiling widely. Turning to face Tess, she drawled out her words. “It was great. He’s still such an amazing guy.”

Tess smiled triumphantly. “You like him!”

“Maybe a little.”

Tess stood up on the bed and danced. “You love him! You want to kiss him! Hold him! Marry him!”

“Shut up.” Liz stated, smiling widely. “It’s just a little crush.”

Tess sat down on the bed and hugged Liz the best she could. “Oh, Lizzie, don’t worry, he’s a good guy. I approve. Let him in and he won’t hurt you.”

Liz’s smile faded, and tears rose to her eyes. “I thought the same thing about Adam.”

“I never liked Adam.”

“So?”

“I adore MAX! Lizzie, guys like Adam are few and far between. He was an ass, and I’m sorry, but you can’t let the memory of him stop you from having a fulfilling relationship with Max. Take a chance.”

Liz smiled. “Yea, he is pretty special. I’ll think about it.”

“You like him?”

“Yes…”

“Then you know what you need to stop doing, right?”

“No.”

“No more sex. Not when you still like Max. Work of getting your life under control again, sweetie.”

Liz nodded, not liking that idea one bit. Getting her life back under control would require her to look at things better left hidden.
<center>Image</center>
Lorastar
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Lorastar »

Fly by update. Thanks to everyone who left me feedback! I heart you all!

Part 5

Max stood outside the door listening to his best friend throwing up and crying. His hand was splayed against the door, attempting to comfort her. Her voice was weak and worn out when she called out to him.

“Max?”

His head perked up.

“Yea?”

More tears escaped into her voice. “I don’t feel so good.”

His eyes shut painfully hearing the fear and sickness in her voice. “I know, Maria. It’ll get better.”

“Promise?” She sounded so young, so innocent, so trusting. His heart broke just imagining the life she was in for.

“Promise.”

“I love you, Max.”

“I love you too, Maria.”

And then the rest of her breakfast came up.

*~*~*~*~*

Liz threw her purse on the couch and collapsed next to it. Michael looked at her and wrapped his arm around her shoulders.

“What’s up, little sis?”

She glared at him. “Two minutes, Michael. You are two fucking minutes older than me.”

He laughed. “What’s got your panties in a bunch?”

She grinned evilly. “For your information, dear brother, I’m not wearing any panties.”

He grimaced and withdrew his arm. Mumbling, he replied, “I really didn’t want to know that about you.”

She laughed, leaning back further into the cushions. “I know. Are you done with your finals?”

Michael grabbed the remote and flipped through the channels, looking for something worthy of his short attention span. “Yeah. Finished up my art appreciation class this afternoon. Definitely passed it.”

“Good.” Her eyes fluttered closed.

“Hey, you okay?” His voice seemed worried and Liz smiled.

She laid down on the couch, her feet resting in his lap. “Just tired. I pulled an all nighter studying for my chemistry final.”

Michael ran his hand soothingly up and down her lower leg. “At least it’s all over. We still going back to Roswell for winter break?”

Yawning, she nodded. “Wouldn’t miss it for the world. Gotta get back to my baby.”

“The Crash?”

“Uh-huh.” She watched as her brother continued to flip through the channels, one arm still resting on her legs. She smiled, realizing she’d missed a normal life.

*~*~*~*

“Mom. Mom, no, I’m coming home.” Liz rolled her eyes in annoyance as Nancy Guerin-Parker continued her lecture. “Yes, Mom. I missed you guys, too.”

In reality, she hadn’t. Well, not her mom at least. She’d been perfectly happy when it was just her and her dad in Roswell. She’d missed Michael, but not the insanity of the one and only Nancy Guerin-Parker. She even hated her name.

The phone beeped, indicating another call, and Liz jumped at the opportunity to hang up.

“Mom. I have to go, someone’s on the other line.” She paused. “Yea. Michael and I will be leaving next Monday. We’ll be there Wednesday.” She paused again. “Gotta go! Bye! Love you!” She lied and disconnected the call.

“Hello?” She answered, playing with a loose string on her thermal top.

“Hey, is Liz there?”

She perked up.

“This is she.”

“Oh, hey.” The male voice floated through her ears. “It’s Max. I just thought I’d call and see how you were.”

A smile settled onto her glossy lips as she tugged persistently at the string. “Max! Hi! I’m doing good, how have you been?”

He chuckled softly at the enthusiasm in her voice. “Good, good. So…I’ve been thinking…maybe we should get together again. Maybe tonight?”

Her smile widened even more as she wondered if he was asking her out on a date.

“Yea, yea. That would be…great.” Her smile drooped and she hit her head with the palm of her hand. Dork. He was going to think she was a total dork.

He couldn’t help but think she was too cute as he flopped back onto his bed.

“Great. Umm…you want to meet in the square on Campus? By the 600 building?”

Liz smiled. “Yea! I’ll meet you there. Six okay?”

“Perfect.”

“Okay, Max, then I’ll see you in five hours.” She could hardly control her excitement.

“Right. Oh, and Liz,” he interrupted before she could hang up, “looking forward to seeing you again.”

The smile erupted big time and she giggled as she hung up the phone. Then the sobering thought hit her, what the hell was she going to wear?!
<center>Image</center>
Lorastar
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Lorastar »

Holy crap! I'm actually posting after 6 months!

Thanks for the fb andbumps and support! Love ya!

Part 6

Liz couldn’t remember the last time she’d been so nervous. Especially when it came to a guy. Guys normally weren’t a problem. Get a bit drunk, go to bed, wake up alone and sore in the morning.

She had it down.

But Max was different. This was a guy she actually liked.

One she knew she wouldn’t end up in bed with tonight.

And so that was the reason her hands trembled as she tied the sash on her warm, cuddly sweater coat. Taking a deep breath, she stared at her reflection. A small smile graced her lips.

She recognized herself for the first time in too long.

Outside her room, her twin brother smiled a matching smile.

His sister was coming back.

*~*~*~*

Max was nervous.

Holy fuck! He was going on a date with Elizabeth Parker!

Shit.

Was he dressed okay?

Nervous hands smoothed the button up blue shirt, white undershirt, and blue jeans he’d picked.

*~*~*~*

She smiled at him. A small simple, embarrassed grin as she approached him. A single pink rose twirled playfully in his hands.

“This is for you.”

Tucking a piece of hair behind her ear, she took it, again with that shy smile.

“Thank you.” Sniffing delicately, “It’s lovely.”

“Just like you.”

A light blush covered her cheeks.

This was nice.

*~*~*~*

Their hands kept grazing each others as they walked. Occasionally, they glanced at each other and blushed, smiling softly. Older couple walked around them, staring secretly at the young, innocent love. It brought smiles to their faces as they remembered their own early days of courtship.

Young love is truly perfect.

Liz wanted to take his hand in hers, and he wanted to do the same to her. But neither could figure out if it was too forward. What were the rules for this date? Was it even a date? They both hoped it was.

“So-” Max began.

“Do you-” Liz started at the same time.

They both stopped and laughed.

“You first.” They both stated together.

More laughter.

Liz gestured to Max, and he began speaking. “So, you want to go see a movie first? Or get something to eat?”

She smiled. A real first date, dinner and a movie. “What do you say we grab some dinner and eat in the courtyard by the theater? I love just sitting there and watching everyone.”

“You’re a watcher, huh?”

She nodded excitedly. “Of course. People are so interesting. Even when they’re just going on about their regular routine, they live with their heart and souls on their sleeves. Everyone has a story to tell.” She watched the bustling crowd around them and pointed out a young man. A hat covered part of his face, but his eyes were downcast, a slight frown resting on his lips. Hands were shoved into pockets and he rushed. His clothes were mussed and he looked like he didn’t care what anyone thought of him.

“What’s his story?”

“Heartbroken. His girlfriend, who he thought was the love of his life, just dumped him.”

“Her story?”

Liz shrugged. “I’d have to see her. Probably lied, said she doesn’t want a relationship but it really seeing the hot musician from down the hall. Better fuck.”

Max looked at her, smirking. “Have you ever done that to a guy?”

She looked away. “No. Don’t stay in relationships long enough.”

From the sides of her eyes, she glanced at him. ‘But for you, I’d stay.’ He was thinking the same thing.

*~*~*~*

He bought her pizza and they sat together watching people hurry. Some people saw their friends, stopped and hugged them. Some people pretended no one else existed. Some people walked with their heads down, like they didn’t want to be noticed. Others walked as though they ruled the world.

Liz made comments about many of them. Pointing out the ones who didn’t even try to hide their feelings. Like the tall brunette girl who walked through the crowd, tear tracks on her cheeks. Liz felt bad for her, remembering how she’s been in the same position years earlier.

Max would point out random people, asking what she thought of them. Liz made up random stories to amuse them. That guy, over there, with the blue shirt, he recently escaped from the freak circus. He didn’t have a deformity, Max argued.

“Doesn’t matter. They dressed him up in movie makeup and costumes. He looked like a hairy alien with the lights done low.”

Max laughed.

Liz was having fun.

*~*~*~*

“Oh, God! I loved that movie! Mark Wahlberg in all black carrying a gun. Oh, wow. So hot.” Liz fanned herself as they approached her house.

Max laughed again. He’d been doing a lot of that tonight. He never realized how serious his life had been. But he could definitely use more Liz Parker in it.

“So you’re a Marky Mark fan, huh?”

Her eyes lit up. “Totally and completely. Have you ever seen Rockstar?”

He nodded.

“Of course you have, Jennifer Aniston, duh.” She rolled her eyes.

“What do you mean by that?”

“You think Jennifer Aniston is hot, don’t you?”

“Yea.”

“Hence, the ’of course.’ Every guy thinks she’s hot. They all either like her or Angelina Jolie.”

“Yea, yea, she’s pretty hot, too.”

“Well, yea. I love the tattoos.”

“You have any?”

“Not yet.”

He couldn’t help but think it’d be even hotter if she did. Max wasn’t usually into tattoo girls, but he wouldn’t mind it on Liz.

Sadly, she looked at her watch. Michael was probably spying on them from upstairs.

“I should go, it’s late.”

He nodded. “Yea, tomorrows a big day.”

She nodded. They both nodded and tried to decide if they should go for a kiss or not. Finally, Max decided. He leaned in and pressed his lips to hers gently. That was it. A gentle meeting. Fireworks could come later. At least he was a little brave.

He turned to walk away, and she pulled him back to her. Their lips met again. This time hers parted and his got a little closer and intimate with hers.

The smile didn’t fade all night.
<center>Image</center>