Why Didn't You Tell Me (UC,Mi/L,TEEN) 12/? Updated 2/22/06

This is the place where fics that have not been updated in the past three months will be moved until the author asks a mod to move them back to an active board.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, truelovepooh, Forum Moderators

Magical
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Magical »

CHAPTER ELEVEN

Liz approached the door to Michael’s apartment. This was the second time that she had been over here, and the only reason she was over there now was because the night before Michael called her pretty late saying that the two of them had to talk. He was so upset over the phone that she had hard time sleeping the rest of the night and the second she got up this morning she got dress and headed over. So now she was knocking on the door, and after a few moments the door was opened to reveal a pregnant Maria.

Maria saw Liz standing there and her first instinct was to slam the door in her face, but then she thought about Michael and how upset he would be. She really didn’t need Michael upset with her anymore than he already is, so she let Liz in, “Is there something I can do for you?”

“Umm yea. I’m looking for Michael. I need to talk to him,” Liz said still in shock at the sight of Maria.

“Well, I think he is still asleep,” Maria said with a smile as she realized Liz was in shock at the sight of her. “You can go check on him thought.”

“Umm, where is he?”

“He is upstairs with Micayla. I would go get him but it’s been a littler harder walking upstairs these days,” Maria said motioning to her stomach.

“Yea, I know what you mean,” Liz said with a forced smile. “So how far along are you?”

“Oh about five months; Michael and I are hoping for a girl.”

“Congratulations. Umm, I think I am going to go upstairs now and find him.”

“Alright I will just be here sitting on the sofa if you need anything.”

“Thanks.” Liz dryly said as she started to make her way upstairs. She couldn’t believe that Maria was pregnant and Michael didn’t tell her. It was one thing that he was marring her, but now they are having a child, and he didn’t tell her. She was hurt by the fact he didn’t trust her enough to tell her something like that and make her look a fool in front of that woman sitting downstairs in front of the television.

Liz made her way upstairs and noticed that Micayla’s door was closed, so when she walked in she was very quiet. When she walked into the room she was amazed at what she saw. It was her first seeing Micayla’s room. The carpet on the floor was a beautiful hunter green with pale green walls to match. There were also two well-crafted wooden wall units with a vanity to match. Around the room were several toys and stuffed animal, and a bookshelf fill of Micayla’s favorite children’s books and DVD’s. There was also a nice entertainment center with a television and DVD player. However, the most beautiful thing in Micayla’s room was the nice queen size canapé bed with green silky material ropes around the to top, and the chest she made for Michael in the front of it. But the sight that warmed her heart was the one of Michael and Micayla lying asleep together in the bed.

She didn’t want to disturb them but she needed answers that couldn’t wait. She walked to the foot of the bed and rubbed Michael’s leg. “Michael … Michael … wake up … Michael …” Liz said softly.

“What?” Michael said a little annoyed that someone was waking him up from his sleep.

“Excuse me?” Liz said putting her hands on her hips, “Michael you better get up right now before I drag your butt out of that bed.” Michael sat up instantly, “Now is there another room we can go into so we can talk? I don’t want to wake up Micayla.”

Michael could tell that Liz was upset, so that meant that Maria greeted her downstairs. He only hoped that Maria wasn’t rude. They walked out of Micayla’s room and made there way into the room to the right of Micayla’s room. As soon as the door closed behind them Liz began to drill Michael for answers.

“So what was so important that you called me about eleven o’clock last night to say that we need to talk about Micayla, but then you turn around and said that you want to tell me in person, so you get off the phone and leave me hanging?” Liz asked with her hands on her hips.

“Ok, I was kind of thinking that we could have gone out for breakfast or lunch; I didn’t think that you would come over here first thing in the morning.” Michael tried to explain.

Liz looked at him as if he had grown another head, “Michael, come on now! This about our daughter – you know that I wasn’t just going to wait around; you should be surprise that I didn’t come here last night right after we got off the phone. Now what was so important? Does it have something to do with Maria coming into town?”

“Kind of,” he paused for a moment, fearful of her reaction when said the next thing. “I want a paternity test, to prove that Micayla is mine.”

Liz looked him at him for a second in disbelief. “EXCUSE ME? … You want a what? … You don’t believe me when I tell you that she is your daughter … you need proof? … You know what I told you from the beginning that I don’t need anything from you – I am not asking for child support or anything along those lines … so what do you need proof for … I mean it when I said it is entirely up to if you want to be in Micayla’s life, and you seemed like that is want you wanted,” Liz says in a huff but then takes a step back and laughs bitterly, “But I guess that now that your wife is in town you are changing your tune.”

“Liz! Slow down … that’s not why I want the paternity test.” Michael said trying to get her to calm down.

“Then what do you need it for?”

“I want it so that I can prove that I am Micayla’s father … so that I can get my name on her birth certificate. I want the world to know that she is mine … personally I don’t need proof … I knew she was mine from the second that you told me,” Michael responded softly. Liz just stood eyed him, so Michael continued. “Liz, I love Micayla … and I feel that I have loved her since the day she was born … it’s like I told you in the park the day that she was born I felt warm and that there was something out there waiting to be discovered. Back then I thought that is had to do with it beginning the anniversary of the day we met but now I know it was so much more. Plus, that day I saw Micayla in Kyle’s office I was draw to her and her little way of things … but I didn’t think anything of it … not that I had the chance cause then you came in the room … and – well you know what happened. I don’t doubt that she mine … I just don’t want the world to doubt it either.”

Liz looked at Michael for a moment and said softly, “I am sorry … I know that you love her. It’s just that the whole paternity test caught me off guard, because I wasn’t expecting it. I mean I did but not that abruptly,” Liz sighed, “Alright then I will call and make an appointment at the hospital and social security office or whoever I need to call about getting it changed on Micayla’s birth certificate.”

“Alright then … but let’s not worry about that now. Let’s go get our daughter up and go out to breakfast. Then later today we can go to hospital and do whatever needs to be done.”

“What about Maria? I am sure that she is not too happy about Micayla and the fact that you want to be apart of her life.”

Michael rolled his eyes at the thought of his wife-to-be. “Don’t worry about her? I can handle her?”

“Ok then; let’s go have breakfast.”

<center>@@@@@@@@@@</center>

Liz and Michael walked out of the room and started to make their way to Micayla’s room when they realized that her door was open. They both looked at each other and quickly made their way downstairs. When they entered the kitchen they saw Micayla sitting at the table while Maria got a bowl out of the cabinet.

“Mommy!” Micayla cheered as ran to Liz.

“Hello honey, did you sleep well?” Liz asked giving Micayla a kiss on her cheek.

“Yeah and Daddy slept in the room with me last night.”

“Oh really,” Liz said humoring her, “Well, how about you go get dressed, cause Daddy wants to take us out to breakfast … your choice.”

“Ok.” Micayla said as she jumped down from Liz’s arms and ran upstairs.

“You guys are going out to breakfast?” Maria asked trying to contain her anger.

Michael spoke up before Liz could. “Yes, and we are probably going to be out all day. So I think today would be a great day for you and Katie to get some things in order. You know to take her shopping for furniture and stuff.

“Will you be here to help us put it all together?” Maria asked in a meek voice.

“Maybe, but why don’t you just pay the people at the store to come here and assemble everything and organize it where you want it.”

“Michael, if you need to be here, we can take a rain check on breakfast and that appointment for you and Micayla another day,” Liz said. She didn’t want to come between Maria and Michael as much as she hated to the idea of them being together.

“No, it’s fine. Maria can handle it … and besides this a good mother/daughter-bonding thing for her and Katie. And most importantly I want that test done as soon as possible … so we can get Micayla’s paper work in order.”

“Test … what test?” Maria asked.

“A paternity test … you know so that I can get my name on Micayla’s birth certificate so that under father it doesn’t say none,” Michael said with malice.

“Oh,” was all that Maria could say.

“Alright then if everything is settled I am going to go get ready,” Michael said as he went upstairs.

“And I think I am going to help Micayla,” Liz said as she started to walk out of the kitchen, but Maria grabbed her arm.

“I know what you are doing,” Maria stated.

Liz looked at Maria as if she just lost her mind, “Please tell me that I am just imagining you holding my arm.”

Maria let her go and repeated herself, “I know what you are doing and it’s not going to work.”

“Ok lets get a few things straight. For you information I will never hit you while you are pregnant, but I promise that if you ever touch me again the second that baby pops out you, I will beat your ass so hard that you will still feel it in your next life. And now for my information what the hell are you talking about?”

Maria now feeling a little uneasy because she wasn’t as confident in her attack still proceeded. “Oh, don’t play innocent. I know that you are using that brat of yours to get to Michael … to take him from me.”

“Oh, you are just racking up points today, aren’t you!” Liz said sarcastically, “Don’t ever talk about daughter in such a negative way again. Cause if she ever tells me that you disrespected her, you will seriously regret it. And I am not doing anything to take Michael away from you. If he leaves you, it’s all because you are pushing him away with your ridiculous babble. Now if we have everything clear I am going to tend to my daughter,” Liz said as she walked out of the kitchen.

“Shit, now what am I going to do. I only hope that she doesn’t tell Michael,” Maria sighed as she learned against the corner. She had to do something about this Micayla and Liz problem … and she had to do it fast.
Magical
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Magical »

Surprise!!! I have a new chapter. It's not that long, but I hope that you all enjoy it. Sorry that it took so long for me to update. And I hope that even though the chapter is short that is worth the wait. Thank you all for the wonderful feedback and support

- Ashley

CHAPTER TWEVLE
Few days later…

Michael and Liz sat in the hospital waiting room Monday morning. Isabel had arranged for them to get their blood work and genetics test moved to the front of the line, because the doctors owed her one. She was the city’s distinct attorney she was constantly dealing with these kinds of tests, so she has made a few friends in this department of the hospital. Now with Isabel’s connections they got a test done in a couple days that would have normally taken a couple of weeks.

After a short while a nurse finally walked in the room. She was carrying a long legal vanilla envelope. “Good morning, here are your results,” the nurse said as she handed Michael the envelope. “I hope its good news,” she said as she walked out.

At that Michael grabbed his and Liz’s coat, handed her hers, and began to walk out of the room. Liz looked at him in awe. “Michael, what are you doing?”

“Well, I am going to the social security office so we can get all of Micayla’s paper work in order … what do you mean what am I doing?”

“I mean you are going walk out without even looking at the results?” Liz said softly, “I know what you said but you don’t even want to double check me? I can’t think of one man that would not have ripped that envelop opened the second that is was placed in his hands … you know human curiosity … to be sure.”

“Well, I am not other men and like I told you before I know the truth in my heart … and that is all the proof I need and that is all there is to it,” was all Michael said as he held the door opened for her. “Now are you coming … cause I have to be to meeting in two hours and don’t your own meeting in one?”

Liz just smiled and walked out of the room waiting with a smile on her face. That small act of trust and affection from Michael meant so much to her, but at the same time it was making it hard for her to be around him. It was moments like this one that made her remember why she loves him in the first place. But he is with Maria and that is how things are now.

<center>@@@@@@@@@@@@</center>

Billy Darden walked into his hotel room. He had just arrived in New York about an hour ago after a long flight from Florence. But as tried as he was he only had one thing on his mind. So he dropped his bag on the bed and headed for the phone. He took a slip of paper out of his pocket and dialed the number. After about three rings the other side picked up.

“Hello,” a little voice said on the other line.

“Katie?” Billy asked even though he already knew it was her.

“Yea, who is this?”

“It’s Daddy.”

Katie squealed when she heard who it was. “Daddy!” She exclaimed into the phone. “I miss you so much Daddy. When are you going to come visit me?”

“I miss you too, baby girl,” he told her softly as he smiled into the phone. Katie was the reason he moved his whole to another country. “And I will see you sooner then you think. But let me talk to your mother for now. I love you baby girl.”

“I love you too Daddy.” She had a huge smile on her face as she spoke with her father. “Mommy!” Katie yelled with the set of lungs she inherited from her mother. She began to run towards the room Maria was in. She handed her mother the phone and excitedly told her who it was.

“Hello,” Maria said into the phone laughing. She didn’t quite understand what Katie was trying to tell her since she was talking to fast.

“Hello, Maria,” Billy said without feeling.

“Who is this?”

“You know who this i…”

“Billy.”

“That’s right. I just wanted to let you know that I have moved to the States in order to be closer to my daughter.”

“Why?!”

“Why? How can you ask me that? Katie is my daughter too and I want to be apart of her life. It is my right.”

“Your right? What right? So since you got me pregnant it gives you the right to stalk me and follow half around the world.”

“All right, I don’t feel like this right now and I have some place to be, but I just wanted to let you know that I am in town. I do plan to have a relationship with my daughter whether you like it or not. And to set the record straight I followed Katie half way around the world … not you. Good bye, I will be in touch.”

<center>@@@@@@@@@@@@</center>

Liz, Tess and Isabel were at their favorite little Italian restaurant in the city. It was sort of a center point for them; for the most part all their offices where the same distance from the restaurant.

“So how did things go this morning,” Isabel asked slipping her ice tea.

Liz got a sparkle in her eye when the events of that morning were mentioned. “Oh, it went well. Michael never creases to amaze me.”

“Really, what did he do?” Tess inquired.

“Well, when the doctor brought the results I really expected him to rip them out. You know just to see, to be official. But he didn’t. He just took the paper and walked out of the hospital room. And then when were leaving the records office and everything was official with him legally being recognized as Micayla’s father he picked me up in the biggest hug. It was great. This whole paternal situation with Michael has revealed to be better than I ever dreamed possible.”

“How did you think it was going to be?” Tess asked.

“I don’t know. I guess I expected him to be angry. Not even believe me when I told me the truth. I didn’t expect him to be as understanding and cooperative like he is being,” Liz answered.

“Well, I as far as I am concerned Michael didn’t do anything great. Because if he acted any other way he would have a hell of fight on his hands,” Isabel said casually.

Tess and Liz just rolled their eyes. They both loved her to death, but sometimes she can be really over-protective.

“Anyway,” Tess began, “about this party you having tomorrow.” Isabel and Alex were throwing a party to welcome Alex’s cousin into town.

“What about it?” Isabel asked taking a bite out of her sandwich.
“Well, Kyle invited Michael to come. He thought it would be nice. And when he asked what you would think, I told I didn’t think you would because you knew Micayla would love to have him there,” Tess began.

“And,” Isabel asked suspiciously while Liz just watched with growing curiosity.

“Umm, well he is not coming alone. You see Kyle asked him when he went over to Michael’s to watch the game. When asked Michael if he wanted to come Maria had just gotten home. She heard enough of the question to respond to it. She told Kyle that she and Michael would love to come. Then she asked if Katie could come. He didn’t know what to do, so he just told her ok,” Tess told her quickly. She knew that Isabel was not going to like this.

“What,” Isabel exclaimed. “Kyle invited that bitch to my house. I can’t believe tha…”

“Isabel,” Liz stated softly as she place a hand over her friends. She knew that the source of Isabel’s hatred towards Maria was because of what her presence meant for her. “I am ok with it. I mean Maria is Michael’s fiancée. I am going to have to use to having her around. I can’t hide from them.”

Isabel eyes Liz for a moment, but sighing. “I guess you’re right.”

“Of course I am. So you are going to nice tomorrow?”

Taking a deep breath, Isabel reluctantly agreed. “Fine. But if she over steps her bounds once I am kicking that bitch out of my house.”

“And I would expect anything less from you,” Liz laughed as she offered her friend a thankful smile.

Tess exhaled. She pleased that everything out. “Anyway, Isabel tell us about this cousin. What’s his name again?” She asked trying to move the conversation to something more pleasant.

“Billy … I believe. Well, I don’t quite have all the details, but from what Alex told me he moved here to be closer to his daughter. Her and mother just moved to the city and he didn’t want to make guest star appearances in her life, so he drop everything he was doing and came here.”

“That cool … that’s real cool,” Tess said. “I like a man that steps up to the plate and knows how to swing.”

“Yeah, he seems like a cool guy,” Liz said as she looked at her watch. “Oh my God, it’s almost three o’clock. I have a meeting in about twenty minutes, so I have to go.” Liz began getting her stuff together. “Can one of you get this? I will pay you back later.”

“Yeah sure,” Isabel said, “And don’t forget to make your mac and cheese for dinner tomorrow.”

“Ok, love you guys.”