Why Didn't You Tell Me (UC,Mi/L,TEEN) 12/? Updated 2/22/06

This is the place where fics that have not been updated in the past three months will be moved until the author asks a mod to move them back to an active board.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, truelovepooh, Forum Moderators

Magical
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Why Didn't You Tell Me (UC,Mi/L,TEEN) 12/? Updated 2/22/06

Post by Magical »

<center>Image
Thank you Dropchica for the beauitful banner!</center>

Disclaimer: I do not own owe the Roswell characters. However, I do own the concept and the following characters: Micayla, Jeremy, and Katie.

Rating: Teen

Author Note: This an AU. There are no aliens. Liz and Tess are sisters while Kyle and Michael are cousins. Isabel and Max are still brother and sister.

Characters and their ages:
* Michael Connor Guerin 27
* Elizabeth Claudia Parker 25
* Micayla Jasmine Parker 5
* Tessa Carly (Parker) Valenti 24
* Kyle Eric Valenti 26
* Isabel Amanda (Evans) Whitman 25
* Alexander Charles Whitman 26
* Jeremiah Zachary Whitman 8
* Maria Stephanie Deluca 26
* Maxwell Aaron Evans 27

CHAPTER ONE

“Mommy, tell me the story of the perfect summer,” Micayla said to her mother.

Liz sighed then smiled at her daughter, “Alright honey.” The little girl cheered with excitement. “But Micayla you have to promise that you will go right to bed when I am done. Deal?”

“Deal.” Micayla jumped onto her bed and got under the covers.

Liz softly laughed at her before she joined her on the bed. She allowed Micayla to lean into her as she began to tell the story. “Once a upon a time there were these three girls who visited their parents for the summer after being away to school for a year. Well one night when the girls were at a party one of the girls saw this really handsome mysterious guy. The girl didn’t know what it was, but she was just so drawn to him, and as fate would have it the mysterious guy felt the same about her. After about two hours of staring at each other from across the room, the girl and her friends got ready to go. However, the guy just couldn’t bear to see her go, so he took a chance at went over to talk to her. He asked her if she was hungry; she said yeah. So he offered to take her out for a midnight snack. They went to an all night diner and really it off. When they were done eating, they decided to go for a ride on his motorcycle out into the desert. They were both having so much fun, and really didn’t want the night to end.”

Liz paused for a moment, closed her eyes and sighed before she continued. “But the night had to come to an end … so they ended it by watching the sun rise over the desert. From that day on the two of them were inseparable. They spent as much time as they could together, but then the time came for her to go home to New York. Well, he couldn’t bear to be parted from her after only two weeks so he decided to join her. They stayed in New York for a little over two weeks before he told that he wanted to take her away for the rest of the summer. He took her to New Zealand and Paris … two places that she had always wanted to go to. They spent about two weeks in each place and then the time came for him to go back to Florence where he was going to school for art.”

“But she didn’t leave him … did she mama,” Micayla interrupted.

“Who is telling this story,” Liz asked as she began to tickle her.

“You,” Micayla giggled trying to get out of her mother’s clutches.

“Ok, than let me finish,” Liz said as she stopped tickling her, “And no she didn’t leave him then. She ended up going to Florence with him …because she had another week before she had to go home and prepare for school herself. So she went there and spent as much time as she could with him between his classes. Unfortunately, the week was over all too soon and she had to go back to America. The last night they spent together was beautiful and the next day he took her to the airport and right before she got on the plane she said ‘Thanks for the perfect summer,” kissed him and left.”

“I love that story mama,” Micayla sighed as she snuggled closer to her mother.

“I am glad, but now it is time for you to go to bed,” Liz said as she got up from the bed.

“Goodnight,” Micayla said holding up her arms for Liz to lean over and give her a kiss.

After Liz was done tucking Micayla in she left the room leaving the door cracked. Then she made her way to her room, went into her closet and pulled down a beautiful wooden crafted box from the highest shelve. She went to her bed, sat down and opened it to reveal several pictures, letters, drawings and other keepsakes. She picked up one of the pictures on the top of the pile. The picture was of a handsome young man. She brought her finger to her mouth, kissed it and places her finger on his lips.

“Yea, Michael thanks for the perfect summer … and so much more,” Liz said as she laid down holding the picture to chest allowing a few tears to stream down face as she dreamed of a love she will never forget.
Last edited by Magical on Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:41 pm, edited 19 times in total.
Magical
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Magical »

Well, here is the next chapter. I hope that you all like it.

CHAPTER TWO

It was Saturday afternoon and Liz was enjoying the company of her best friends, Tess, who is also her sister, and Isabel. They were sitting in Isabel’s living room enjoying some tea, before they had to take Micayla and Jeremiah, Isabel’s son, to the movies. Isabel was on the love seat, Tess in a soft big chair, and Liz was on the sofa.

“She asked me to tell her the story again last night,” Liz said sipping her tea.

“Really? That’s twice in one week,” Isabel said.

“I know. It seems that the older she gets the more she wants to hear that story,” Liz stressed.

“Does she know?” Tess inquired.

“Of course not. She is five years old. Micayla just thinks that it is a story that I made up,” Liz answered.

“Well, then what’s the big deal,” Isabel asked.

“Over the past five years of her life I have told her several stories. Why is that the one that she always wants to hear?” Liz explained, “And do you want to know what I always find her doing when she is not drawing?” Liz doesn’t wait for either them to answer as she continued. “That drawing of me I put in her room; the one that Michael drew of me in the desert our first night together.”

Tess and Isabel noticed the distress on Liz’s face. They looked at each other and got up at the same time to join Liz on the sofa. They sat on both sides of her engulfing her in their support.

“Liz, you just said that Micayla doesn’t know who her father is. And for the past five years, you have raised her, you have always had a constant reminder of Michael. Why now are you stressing over this?” Tess asked.

Liz looked at her friends bitting her lip then sighed. “I don’t know. Maybe it’s because a week ago I was on this website and it had an affiliate on it called Michael Guerin Art.”

“You didn’t,” Isabel grimaced.

“I did; I was curious, you know,” Liz tried to explained. “Anyway, when I clicked the link there was a huge announcement on the page. It said, ‘Congratulation to Europe’s rising artist, Michael C. Guerin, who is moving to America with his new finance, Maria Deluca!’ I don’t know, maybe that has something to do with it, or maybe I am just being crazy. I mean I haven’t seen the guy in about six years.”

Isabel and Tess look shocked. Neither of them knew what to say. It wasn’t until Micayla came running into the room that the silence was interrupted, with Jeremiah chasing close behind her.

“Help,” Micayla screamed.

“Nobody can help you,” Jeremiah said as tackled and started to tickle her.

“Jeremiah Zachary Whitman, what are you doing?” Isabel asked standing up.

“Mom, she took my remote.”

“Jeremy, how old are you?”

“Eight.”

“Then act like. Now go back to your room,” Isabel scorned.

Defeated Jeremy went back to his room. Micayla laugh silently, an action that didn’t go unnoticed by her mother.

“Micayla, you know better then to take things that don’t belong to you. Now, give Jeremy back his remote,” Liz said.

“But mom …”

“No buts. Now go before I decide you don’t go to the movies.”

Micayla stomped back into Jeremy’s room leaving the three women alone again to discuss the information just put on the table. Isabel was the first to speak up. “Are you sure? I mean about Michael and Maria?”

“Yeah, there was a picture with the announcement. It was definitely Michael,” Liz confirmed.

“You have know about this for a week and we are now just finding out?” Tess asked.

“I didn’t want to believe it. So I tried to block it out. I don’t think I could deal with running into him, especially if he is with her. I swear when I went to Florence six years ago she hated me.”

“Well, what are the odds he comes to New York,” Tess said trying look at the bright side.

“So what if he does? We are here to help you all the way,” Isabel, commented, “Whatever happens we will get through this.”

Liz smiled. “I know.”

“Now go wipe your face so we can go. You know how Jeremy get if he even misses the first five seconds, ” Isabel laughed.

@@@@@@@@@@

Michael and Maria were sitting in Michael’s living room while he packed up a few things in his Florence apartment.

“Michael, why must we move to New York,” Maria whined.

Michael rolled his eyes as he taped up a box. “Because it’s like I already told you. I want to open a nightclub and my realtor found me a great place in Manhattan. Plus, it’s a great city to continue with my art.”

“Whatever. I heard you tell your realtor to only look for places in New York. Why do you have to go there? Is it because of her?”

Michael scowled at Maria. “Don’t go there.”

“Well, isn’t that were she lived or lives?” Maria pressed.

“Maria.”

“What? I want to know. Do you still care about that little gold digging harlot?”

“Maria! First off, I agreed to marry you didn’t I?” Michael lowers his voice, “And secondly don’t ever talk that way about Liz again.”

Michael left the room before Maria could say another word. He walked back into his room, went to the closet and pulled a wooden crafted box from the highest shelve. Then made his way to his balcony and went outside. He took a seat in one of the chairs; then, he put the box in front of him and opened it. Inside the box were pictures, letters, drawings, and other keepsakes. Michael picked up a drawing he drew of Liz sitting under a tree. He ran his finger across her face and sighed.
Magical
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Magical »

Thank you for all the great feedback. It's all very encouraging. Well, here is the next chapter. I hope you all like it.

Chapter Three

About a week later …

Liz and Micayla were on the elevator heading to the fifth floor of New York FBI Headquarters. Even though Liz had Micayla at such a young age, she was able to accomplish her dream of becoming a successful molecular biologist. She is so successful that she is it not uncommon for the FBI to contract her to run labs for certain cases, and at the moment she was dropping off results of one her latest projects. As Liz and Micayla got off the elevator they came face to face with Kyle, Tess’s husband. He was one of their top agents.

“Uncle Kyle,” Micayla said as she ran up to Kyle.

“Hey kid,” Kyle said as he picked her up.

“Hey Kyle,” Liz said walking up to them.

“Hey. Here to drop off more lab results, Dr. Parker?”

“Yes Mr. Valenti. Do you know if Dr. Williams is in his lab?”

“No, he is in his office. I just left him there, but I don’t know hold long he is going to be there.”

“Oh ok. Well, then I better hurry, because he needs these lab results today. Come on Micayla,” Liz said as began to walk down the hallway.

“I want to go with Uncle Kyle.” Micayla said.

“Honey, Uncle Kyle is very busy …”

“No, it’s alright. She can tag along if she wants to,” Kyle interjected. “I am on lunch break right now, anyway.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yeah, I will just be in my office. I am actually waiting for MC.”

“MC? As in your cousin MC? The cousin you can never stop talking about, but has no pictures of, who lives overseas, MC?” Liz joked.

“Yeah, that MC,” Kyle laughed. “He got into town yesterday and we are going to have lunch together.”

“So I finally get to meet the infamous MC. How long is he town for, because you and Tess should have dinner and introduce him to everyone.”

“Until be gets tried of New York, I guess. He just moved here.”

“Oh that’s great,” Liz said as she looked down the hallway to see Dr. Williams leaving his office. “Shoot, there is Dr. Williams I need to catch him.” She began walking down the hallway. “I will meet you in your office.” She continued on her mission without waiting for a response.

“Looks like mommy is in a hurry.”

“Yup.”

“Let’s go rug rat,” Kyle said putting Micayla down.

Micayla followed Kyle on to the elevator, which took them to the fifteenth floor. Then they went down a long hallway to his nice corner office. When they walked in their Kyle saw four stacks of paper on his desk.

“Da…” He started but caught himself before he curse in front of the Micayla. “…ng. Uh, Micayla do you want to help Uncle Kyle with something while we wait for mommy?”

“Yeah, I can be your little helper,” she said jumping up and down.

“That’s right, you can be my littler helper,” Kyle said as he began to place the stack side by side. “And you even get to sit in Uncle Kyle’s big chair.” He said as he put a couple of big books in the chair and help Micayla to sit in the chair. “All I need to you to do is put all the these papers together in this order and stack them this way.”

“Otay.” Micayla began putting the paper in order and stacking them.

Kyle was about to start stapling them when his office phone rang. He picked it up and spoke to the person on the other end of a few moments. “Micayla, I have to go down stairs for a second … just continue with what you are doing. I will be right back.” He said when he hung up the phone. “And if you need anything just tell Ms. Stacy, the lady outside my door.”

“Otay.”

Kyle left the room and Micayla continued with the papers, and a couple of minutes Michael walked into the room.

“Uh, I am sorry,” he asked when he saw Micayla sitting behind the desk. “Am I in the wrong room,” he asked.

“I don’t know. I’m just putting the papers in order and stacking them,” Micayla answered.

“Oh, ok.” Michael laughed as he stepped out of the office and looked on the wall next to the door. It read, Kyle Valenti. “Yup, this is the right room.” When he walked back into the room he sat down in one of the seats in front of the desk. “So do you know when your Dad is going to be back?” Micayla looked at Michael like he was crazy, causing him to ask. “Isn’t Kyle your Dad?”

“Uncle Kyle is not my Dad he is my uncle. He is married to Auntie Tess.”

“Oh, so you are his niece.”

“Yup, didn’t I already say that,” Micayla said rolling her eyes causing Michael to laugh. “Anyway, who are you?”

“I am his cousin.” Michael smiled at the little girl. She was a cute little thing. She had fair complexion with a hint of a tan, a beautiful shade of honey eyes, and she had brown hair that flowed down her back. She was a beautiful little girl; a little girl he was started to feel more drawn to with each growing moment. “What is your name?”

Micayla looked at him for a second. Mommy always told her never to tell strangers her name, because they could be a bad person. However, this guy didn’t feel bad. “My name is Micayla. What is your name?”

“My name is Michael.”

“Wow, our names almost sound alike.”

Michael laughed. “Yes they do.”

Just than Kyle came back into the room and spotted Michael. “Oh my God, MC!” The two men embraced in a brotherly hug. “It’s been too long.”

“Yeah, it has.”

“Man, sorry to keep you waiting. I had to go see my boss for a minute.”

“Oh that’s ok. Micayla here was keeping me company. Right?” Michael looked at Micayla.

“Right.”

“Well, that’s good. And we can get out of here as soon as her mother comes to get her. She is talking to one of the scientist on a lower floor; she should be up here at any moment. Then we can go to this great little bar down the street that sells the best hot wings in town. I know how much you like spicy food.”

“That’s fine.”

Just than Max, Kyle’s annoying partner, walked in the room with Liz right behind him; they were laughing about something. When Michael saw her his heart skipped a beat … was she really there, after all this time.

Micayla ran to Liz. “Mommy! I made a new friend and his name sounds almost like mine.”

Liz laughed at Micayla and picked her up. “What are you talking about?

“Mommy, this is Uncle Kyle’s cousin.” Micayla pointed to Michael.

Liz slowly put Micayla down and walked over to Michael. They looked at each other. Neither of them knew what to say. Both had dreamed of this moment for so long, but now that has happened … what happens next?
Magical
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Magical »

CHAPTER FOUR

Liz was the first one to find the words to speak. “Michael,” she questioned in a soft low voice still unsure if he was standing there.

“Yeah,” Michael replied with just as much uncertainty.

Again there was silence and enough tension in the room to cut it with a knife. Nobody knew what to say expect Micayla. “Mommy, what’s wrong?” she said walking up to Liz and pulling on her pants leg.

Liz broke her stare with Michael and kneeled down to face Micayla. “Nothing honey, everything is fine.”

“You promise?”

“Yes, sweetie,” Liz smiled, “I promise.”

At this moment Max stepped forward and introduced himself. “Hello, I am agent Max Evans. I am Kyle’s partner.”

“Yeah, I know who are,” Michael said before Max could continue. “Kyle as told me all about you.”

“All good things I hope.”

“You couldn’t be so lucky.” Michael responded causing Kyle to chuckle.

“Right. Well, I will leave you all to it,” Max said getting ready to exit, but turned to Liz before leaving. “Think about what I said. I know you would have a great time if you went out with me.”

Liz who was still stunned with the fact that Michael was in front of her, just nodded her head in response causing Max to leave. When he was gone things went back to being silence, and this time it was Kyle who broke it.

“I am wrong in assuming that you two know one another?”

“Yeah, we met a few summers ago,” Michael said.

“This is Tinkerbell?” Kyle bellowed.

“Ok, I am going to go. I have things to do, and the two of you have some catching up to do. Micayla let’s go,” Liz said taking her hand.

“Ok, bye Michael,” Micayla waved as she headed out of the door with her mother.

“Wait a minute. Liz can I talk to you for a second,” Michael said not wanting her to leave and he needed to know why.

“Michael, I don’t think that is such a good idea,” Liz aid ushering Micayla of out the conference room.

“Why? I mean I haven’t seen you in over five years. I just want to catch up. See how life has been, you know just get reacquainted,” Michael said smugly in response to feeling rejected.

Liz knew that tone. It was the tone he made when he was trying to be a smart allelic, and all of a sudden she didn’t care about the past; she couldn’t stand his smug attitude. “Alright, Kyle take Micayla and show her something assuming.”

“Liz?” Kyle asked. He knew about the summer Michael and Liz spent together. Michael told him about it once, but never told him the girl’s real name. Michael just told him that she was his Tinkerbell, because she had a crazy obsession with Peter Pan. Also he knew that the two of them spent a great summer together then she vanished. And with the tension between them he wasn’t for leaving them alone, because if things went badly he would never hear the end of it from Tess.

“No don’t worry about me. I will be fine. We won’t be to long,” Liz reassured him.

“Ok, I will be right down the hall if you need me,” Kyle picking up a confused Micayla and walking out of the room.

“Alright, you have five minutes to get reacquainted,” she said folding her arms.

“I don’t know why you have such an attitude with me. I wasn’t the one that lost contact.”

“Is that what this is about. You are upset with me because I forgot to write,” Liz knew her emotionless hurt Michael, cause it hurt her just as much, but she continued, “You got over it though, I see. By the way congratulations on your pending marriage.”

“Well, I can say the same for you.”

“What is that suppose to mean?”

“Was that not your daughter that just left with Kyle? It seems that I wasn’t the only one that was able to move on so easily.”

Liz looked at him coldly. “How dare you! You know nothing about my daughter … or me, for that matter. Now, if you will excuse me I have things I need to do.” Liz walked out of the room before Michael could respond.

@@@@@@@@@@

“Oh, what am I going to do,” Liz said to Tess as they drank some tea. While Liz and Michael were talking Kyle called to tell her what was going on. Tess then proceeded to tell Liz that she was on her way over to the Liz’s house. She knew that Liz should not be alone right now.

“Liz everything will be ok?” Tess said trying to comfort her sister.

“How can you be so sure?”

“Because we are going to get through whatever is going on together,” Isabel said from the kitchen doorway. All three girls had a key to each other’s house in case of emergencies.

Liz smiled at Isabel who was now taking a seat at the table and pouring herself a cup of tea. “I don’t know what I would do without you guys,” Liz declared.

“Tell me what happen,” Isabel said taking a sip of her tea she just poured.

“Well, today after I ran a few errands to help prepare Micayla to start school in a few weeks I went a dropped off some lab results at the FBI headquarters. When we got there we ran into Kyle, and Micayla wanted to go with him, so let her. He said that it was alright, because he was about to go to lunch with his cousin MC.”

“MC?” Isabel interrupted. “Are you talking about the cousin Kyle can never stop talking about, but has no pictures, who lives overseas, MC?”

“Yes, the one and the same!” Liz said exclaimed, still in shocked at the identity of MC. “Anyway, I left to got talk to Dr. Williams. When I left his office, I went up to Kyle and on my way there I ran into Max who started asking me again.”

“Yuk, my brother is relentless,” Isabel rolled her eyes. “I mean I love him to death, but when he going to take no for an answer.”

Liz couldn’t help but smile a little at that. “Yeah, anyway, we walked into Kyle’s office and Micayla came running up to me, telling me to met Uncle’s Kyle cousin, Michael.”

“Oh my God,” Isabel interrupted again as the dots began to connect. “Kyle’s cousin, MC, and your Michael are the same person aren’t they? Oh my God! What did you do when you saw him? What did he do?”

“Well at first neither of us say anything until Micayla broke the silence. Then Max started to introduce himself, and I snapped out of it. I tried to leave after your brother left, but Michael asked to have a word with me so we can get reacquainted. So I told Kyle to take Micayla while Michael and I could get reacquainted.”

“Oh really?” Isabel said as she raised an eyebrow. “What did he have to say?”

“Well, after I told him congratulations on his up and coming marriage, he said that he wasn’t the only one that was able to move on so quickly.”

“What was that suppose to mean?”

“He was talking about Micayla.”

“What?! Who does he think he is?”

Liz looked at Isabel and gave her a sad smiled. “Yea, that was how I felt to before I had sometime to think about it. I mean he doesn’t know that Micayla is his. What else is he suppose to think?”

“I guess you are right,” Isabel said in a low tone. “But he still had no right to say that.”

Everyone was silent now just taking in the day’s events. Liz couldn’t believe that her greatest dream and worst nightmare were a now reality. Tess was worried about her sister. She knew that Liz was going to need a lot support in the days to come. Isabel was worried for Liz too, and could feel her overprotective nature coming to the surface. There was now way she was going to let Michael hurt Liz. As far as she was concern Liz has been through enough. Their silence was interrupted by a knock on the door. Before any of them could get up to answer it Micayla, who had been in the living room, beat them to it.

“I got it,” Micayla said as she ran to the door. She opened it and shouted. “Michael!” She gave him a big hug as Liz and girls came rushing out of the kitchen.
Magical
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Magical »

Well, here is the next chapter a little early. I was going to wait until next week to post it, but you all have been so kind with all the wonderful feedback. Plus, I was in a good mood this morning, so I thought why not just post the chapter now. I hope you all enjoy it.

CHAPTER FIVE

“Michael!” Micayla said as she hugged him and welcome him into the house.

“Hi,” he smiled giving her a hug. When she ran back into the living room, he looked up to see a confused Liz, a worried Tess, and an over-protective Isabel. “Hello ladies.” Michael said casually without any emotion on his face.

“What are you doing here?” Isabel said.

“Well, I was wondering if you and I could talk,” Michael said looking at Liz.

“Don’t you think that you two have spoken enough already today,” Isabel said.

“Please Liz. I …”

“Alright,” Liz said cutting Michael off then turned to Isabel and Tess, “I think that I need to do this.”

“Are you sure?” Tess asked.

“Yes,” Liz said than looked at Isabel, “Do you mind taking Micayla tonight?”

“Not at all,” Isabel commented and walked over to Micayla sitting on the sofa watching television, “Hey Micayla you want to spend the night at my house.”

“Ooh, yeah.” Micayla said getting up from the sofa.

“Then you better hurry and go get your stuff,” Isabel said causing Micayla to run to her room.

As Micayla was gone getting her stuff together Tess and Isabel prepared to go. They grabbed their coats and began to put them on.

“Call me if you need anything,” Tess said.

“Yea that goes for me too,” Isabel added.

Micayla then ran into the living room with a little duffle bag, grabbed her coat, and headed for the door.

“Hold on sec missy,” Liz laughed, “first you better not even think about going anywhere before giving me a kiss good bye. Also come here so I can look in your bag and make sure you have everything you need.” Micayla handed Liz her bag. “Micayla all you have in here are shirts. What do you expect to wear tomorrow you silly girl? Put on your jacket and I will be right back.”

Michael watched Liz as she left the room with the little duffle bag. Her beauty still made his heart race every time he looked at her. When he saw for the first time at that party he thought he had dead to and gone heaven … if only he was so lucky. No, he wasn’t in heaven; he was still here on earth watching as she prepared her daughter to spend the night out. After a few moments, Liz returned with the duffle bag and a familar stuffed little green alien.

“Connor,” Micayla said running to up to Liz and grabbing the alien. “I can’t believe that I almost forgot you.”

Liz shook her head. “Alright sweetie, give Mommy a kiss.” Liz said kneeling down and opening as Micayla walk into them.

“I love you,” Micayla said giving Liz a kiss.

“I love you too.” Liz hugged Micayla tightly then let go and stood up. “Now, make sure that you listen to Auntie Isabel, alright?”

“I will.”

“Of course she will, cause she knows that I will lock her out on the balcony if she doesn’t,” Isabel interjected.

“No you won’t,” Micayla laughed.

“Try me and see what happens,” Isabel said giving Micayla a playful evil look then looked at Liz. “Well, we better get going, I still have to feed my loving husband and son.” Isabel takes the duffle bag from Liz.

“Speaking of husbands, I bet Kyle is wondering where I am. ” Tess interjected as she looked at her watch.

“Alright, thanks girls for keeping me company.” Liz hugged both them and walked them to the door.

When they were gone Liz turned around to see Michael standing in the middle of her living room floor just looking at her. “Oh, boy here we go.” She said under breath as she walked into the living room. “Alright let’s talk.”

Michael smiled; he always loved how she would just cut to the point. He was never one for small talk himself, so he loved that she didn’t like to drag a conversation. “First off, I want to apologize about earlier today. I don’t want things to be tense between especially since we are going to see each other often I presume.”

“Excuse me.”

“Well, you are Tess’s sister and I am Kyle’s cousin. We bound to ended up at several of the same events, and when things like that happen I don’t want there to be any tension.”

“I can relate to that, and I am sorry too for my attitude. I guess seeing you caught me off guard,” Liz admitted.

“So, why don’t start over. Hello Liz. How have you been the past couple of years?” Michael said with his trademark smirk.

“Pretty good,” Liz said then extended her hand to the sofa. “Can I offer you a seat and something to drink?”

“Thanks.” Michael sat down at one end of the sofa. “Would it be to much trouble for a glass of water?”

“Not at all.” Liz walked out of the living room and returned a few minutes with a bottle of water and mug of tea. She handed Michael the water and took a seat next to him on the other side of the sofa. “So.”

“So.”

There was an awkward silence between the two them for a few moments. As previously stated small talk was not their forte, but both of them had so many questions for the other. The first to speak was Liz.

“I heard that you were getting quite successful in Europe, why move here?”

“I was just in a mood for a change.”

Liz smiled at this; she always did love his impulsive nature. “That’s understandable.”

“So what do you do for a living now?”

“I am the youngest most respected microbiologist in the city of New York,” Liz said with pride.

“That was what you said you were going to do. Did you get your BA in English too?”

“Of course.”

From there the two of talk about everything they had been up to the past six years. The only to subjects that didn’t come up were Micayla and Maria. After a couple of hours Liz could be found at the door paying a man for some Chinese food. She walked over to the sofa and put the box of food on the table.

“I could have paid for that,” Michael said as the two of them began to pick through the food.

“Yea, yea. Well, you are in my house and so I get to pay for dinner.”

Michael shook his head as he took one of the Chinese boxes with special fried rice; he took a bite and made a face.

Liz tried to keep a straight face. “Is there anything wrong? You don’t like the food.”

“Uh, no it’s great. I just wish I had some …” Michael began but before he could finish Liz handed him a bottle of hot sauce from behind her back.

“Yeah, I remember your little obsession with hot sauce.”

“Oh you are a goddess,” he said as he poured a generous amount of hot sauce on his food. Liz laughed at him.

“What?” Michael asked looking at her like she was crazy.

“I swear I can’t not understand what the obsession is with hot sauce. Whenever Micayla eats Chinese food – well any food – she always has to drench it with hot sauce.”

“Well, that’s the only way to eat it.”

“That what she says.” Liz said softly with affection.

Michael looked at Liz and she looked at him. They looked at each other for a while, until Michael broke eyes contact. “So, you gave Micayla the alien?

Liz looked at Michael with a confused look on her face, then it dawn on her what he was talking about. Michael had won that alien for her at Coney Island on the sledgehammer game to see how strong you are. “Oh yeah. When she was about a year old she got a hold it and never let go. She can’t even sleep without that thing.”

“So umm, how old is Micayla? Three? Four?”

“Five. Her birthday was a few months ago on June 18th,” Liz said subconsciously as she picked through her dumplings.

Michael looked at Liz as she looked picked through her dumplings. “June 18th?”

“Yea.” Liz said not really paying attention. “She finally gets to go to school this year. She can’t wait. We just brought her backpack today.”

“June 18th?” Michael said again as a few pieces to a puzzled began to come together.

Liz looked up at Michael to see him trying to figure something out in his head. Then she realized what day that was. That was the day they meet six years ago. “Oh no.” Liz said to herself as she saw the wheels in Michael’s head turning.

“That means she was born exactly a year after we meet … so that means that she had to have conceived in early September.”

“This is true,” Liz said sheepishly.

“You were in Florence during that time.”

“That is true too.”

There was a long silence been the two before Michael asked his next question. “Is Micayla mine?”
Magical
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Magical »

CHAPTER SIX

Liz remained silence after Michael asked the question that she had been dreading since she found out she was pregnant and decided not to tell Michael.

“Is Micayla mine?” Michael asked again. Liz still remained silence. “Liz.” Michael said, and she just continued looked at him.

Liz got up from the sofa and began to walk out of the room. “Do you want something to drink?”

Michael stood up and grab Liz’s arm. “Answer me.”

“Michael you’re hurting me,” Liz said as she tried to remove Michael’s hand from her arm.

Michael said as he let her go, “Then you need to answer my question: is Micayla mine?”

Liz looked at Michael as tears began to form in her eyes. “Yes.”

“She’s mine, and you didn’t tell me. Why? Why didn’t you tell?” Michael said in disbelief.

“I was scare.”

“Scare? Scare of what?”

“Why don’t you seat down? We have a few things to talk about.” Liz pleaded.

“No! I want some answers now,” Michael bellowed. “I can’t believe you would do this to me. You knew that I always wanted children, but you kept her from me.”

“Michael, please. It wasn’t like that. I didn’t know what to do. I mean I was scared what you would think. I…”

“You know what I don’t want to here anything you have to say right now,” Michael said as he grabbed his coat and headed for the door. “I am going for a walk before I do something or say something I regret and can’t take back.” He slammed the door behind him before Liz could say anything else to him.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
About an hour later…

Liz struggled to push a large wooden box into the living room; she was about halfway there when she heard the buzzer go off signaling that someone was downstairs. She knew it was Michael, so she just buzzed him up with saying anything. She left her door slightly opened and continued with her task at hand.

This is the sight that welcomed Michael when he walked into the apartment. Liz was near the entrance of the living room pushing the box. Michael was still really pissed off with her, but at the same time he wanted to hear her out. He refused to believe that she didn’t tell him out of malice, but he couldn’t come up with any good excuses for her actions on his own. It is for this reason he has returned to her apartment. He wanted some answers and this was the only way he was going to get them; he had to talk to her. He watched her continue to struggle for a few more moments; then, moved to help her. “What is this? It's so heavy.” Michael said as he picked it up and sat it couple of feet in front of the sofa. He figured that was were she wanted it since she moved the coffee table that was there aside.

“Umm, before I tell you what this is,” Liz responded softly as she pat the box, “I know you want answers; that’s the only reason you are here. I know that, and you deserve the answers you seek.”

“Ok then, why didn’t tell me about Micayla?”

Liz sighed heavily before she began. “When I first found out I was pregnant, I was completely lost. I didn’t know what to do. I mean I was nineteen and a junior in college. The only thing that I was sure of at that time was that I wasn’t having an abortion. I couldn’t destroy something that was created from our love. Anyway, next came the decision as to whether or not I keep her or give her up for adoption? I didn’t know if I was going to be good mother material. It was Isabel that helped me decide to keep her. She said that if she could do it at sixteen than I can do it at nineteen. Plus the fact that I had Tess and Isabel here to help was a great plus. After that came the next big decision…”

“Whether to tell me or not.” Michael finished for her.

“Right. I so scare at what you would think. At first, I was like what if you didn’t want her? Maybe you would think that maybe I got pregnant intentionally, you know to trap you. Or that you would think she wasn’t yours in the first place.”

“Liz,” Michael said with hurt in his voice, “is that really what you think of me?”

“No, deep down in my heart I knew that you would love her and cherish her as much I do. And that was what the problem was.”

“Excuse me?”

“Come Michael. You and I lived half way around the world form each other. You were finishing up your art degree in Florence, and I was trying to finish mine here in New York. Which one of us was suppose to give up our life? I didn’t see any other way it could work.”

Michael looked at Liz as tears began to run down her face. He knew she was right. How could things have worked? He couldn’t have asked her to give up on her dream and she would have never asked him to give up his. In the end, one of them would have been miserable.

Liz was crying harder now. “I am so sorry. I didn’t know what else to do.”

Michael leaned over and brought Liz close to him as he hugged her. “I know. I know.”

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

The two of them sat on Liz’s sofa just comforting and holding one another; they were together like that for at least twenty minutes. It was the ringing of Michael’s cell phone that interrupted their moment. Liz leaned up off him as he grabbed the phone from coat leaning across the arm of the chair.

“Hello?” Michael said annoyed. Michael was on the phone for about five minutes before he hung up and sighed.

“Is everything alright?” Liz asked.

“Yea, that was Maria.”

“Oh.” The sound of Maria’s name made Liz realize that she only had borrowed time with Michael.

“She is still in Florence, and she isn’t coming here for another couple of months.” Michael said wanting to let Liz know they had some time together.

“I see.” Liz said rubbing her head. “Do you want anything to drink?”

“No, I’m fine.”

“Alright I will be right back.” When Liz returned she was had two bottles of water in her hand. “I thought I would bring you one just in case.”

“Oh ok,” Michael laughed. They were both silence for a moment, but then Michael remembered about the box right in front of them. “So why don’t you tell me about this box.”

“Oh right. Well, in this box is Micayla’s first five years of life and the nine months I was pregnant with her.”

“Excuse me?” Liz opened the box and Michael was amazed at what he saw. In the box were scrapbooks, baby clothes, and several other little boxes entitled DVDs and CDs, plus several other little things. “What is all this?” Michael asked as he looked through the boxes.

“The second I decided that I was going to have Micayla and I wasn’t going to tell you, I begin putting this box together. This is your box,” Liz said softly.

“Mine?”

“Yes. There are DVDs of the pregnancy. You know doctor visits I had with the ultrasounds; Micayla’s birth is even on there plus several other special moments in her life. Moments like her first word and steps. The CDs are something that I started to do in the past couple of years. When I put her to bed at night we would have story time, so I recorded some of our moments. I know that none of this makes up for the years that you messed out on, but …”

“No. Thank you,” Michael said not caring as a couple of tears escaped from his eyes. “How did you so all this?”

“Well, Isabel’s husband, Alex, is good with editing and computer stuff. When I told her what I wanted to do she enlisted his help. At first they were on videotapes but in last year some time he transferred them to DVDs. Scrapbooks, I have just put together over the years. The clothes consist of all her first and her christening gown. And the CDs were tapes but thanks to Alex the were put on compact discs.”

Michael looked through the stuff and was overwhelmed at all the thought into this box. He grabbed a clear box titled DVDs. He looked through the DVDs until he can to the one that said Nine Months. “Can we watch this?”

“Sure,” Liz smiled getting up to the DVD in the player.
Magical
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Magical »

Thank you everyone for the wonderful FB. Well, here is the next chapter; I hope that you all enjoy.

CHAPTER SEVEN

Liz awoke the next morning and found herself lying in Michael’s arms, in her guest bedroom. At first she panicked because she couldn’t remember how she got there, but slowly her memory returned. She remembered her reunion with Michael and her tearful confession. Then she remembered the moments that followed …

*Flashback: Last Night*

Liz and Michael had been watching the DVD about Liz’s pregnancy with Micayla for about two hours now. It was now coming to in an end; Liz just went into labor.

~ DVD ~

Liz was at a festival with Tess, Kyle, Isabel, Alex, and Jeremy at a local park. The girls were sitting on a blanket near their picnic basket. Alex and Kyle were playing basketball with some others guys while Jeremy was in the park with some kids. The girls were laughing about something when all of sudden Liz started holding her stomach and breathing hard.

“”Liz, are you ok?” Tess asked looking over at her sister.

When Liz didn’t answer Isabel spoke up, “Liz?”

“I think I am going into labor,” Liz said looking like a little kid that just got caught with their hand in the cookie jar.

“Oh my God! ALEX!” Isabel yelled as she began to get up along with Tess and pack up their stuff.

Alex and Kyle came over and where informed that Liz was going into labor and began to help. They were packing up their stuff and Alex had got Jeremy from the playground. They were all heading to find a cab when Liz could be heard yelling at them as she still sat on the ground. She couldn’t get up.

“Hey, what about me?! I am the one having a baby!”

Tess and Isabel dropped everything they were carrying and ran back over to Liz. By the time they had caught up with the boys Alex and Kyle had caught a cab. Next they all tried to fit in the cab with all their stuff but it wasn’t happening.

“Ok, you guys need to figure this shit out now before I have this damn baby in the back seat of this cab,” Liz said mid-contraction.

At that moment Kyle decided to stay behind with Jeremy and would meet with up them at the hospital after he dropped everything off at Tess and Liz’s apartment. Alex would be in the front so that he could record and the girl would stay in the back with Liz.

The trip to the hospital was as smooth as could be expected with very little interruptions; there wasn’t much footage on that. When they got to the hospital it took them about an hour to even get Liz checked in, because the maternity ward was a little pack and they had to wait for someone to check out. Plus the nurses weren’t trying to hurry things along because they said it would be hours before Liz had the baby anyway.

“Oh, I am ready for this little girl to come out now!” Liz said as she finally got settled in her room and a contraction came full force.

“Well, you’re doctor isn’t here yet … he is stuck in traffic,” The nurse hooking up Liz’s IV said casually.

“WHAT?!” Liz screamed.

“It all right honey. You no where near fully dilated yet anyway.” The nurse left the room after that.

The next part of the movie was Liz waiting to have to baby. There was a little clock in the top left hand corner showing the lapse of time. Finally after about six more hours Liz was fully dilated and her doctor was there. She was ready to go into the delivery room. Isabel and Tess went into the delivery room with Liz as her coaches and Alex went in there to continue filming. At first the head nurse had a problem with Alex coming too cause there was to many people but Liz settled that real quick.

“Ok then he is in and you’re out. Now get the fuck of our the way …” Liz said to the nurse right before the doctor walked in.

Now they have been in the delivery room for about 45 minutes now and Liz was beginning to get really tried. Also she couldn’t help but think about Michael and how much she wanted him here.

“I wish Michael was here,” Liz cried at the end of a contraction.

“I know honey, but you have to push,” Isabel said.

Liz shows some effort of strength then stopped, “I can’t … I can’t do this. What if I am not a good mother … what if she grows up to resent to me … what if …”

“Liz! Don’t say that … you are going to be a great mother … remember if I can do it than you can do it to … plus you have always been very maternal.” Isabel said trying to comfort her.

“Come on Liz, just a few more pushes and your little girl will be here,” the doctor said.

“Come on Liz you can do this,” Tess chimed, “And you aren’t going to have to do it alone. We are here.”

“That’s right …” Isabel added with a smile.

“Push!” The doctor said.

“Ok, ok,” Liz said leaning forward a little bit, with the help of Tess and Isabel. She pushed a few more times.

“I can see the head … come on Liz one more push,” the doctor said.

“AHHHHH!” Liz screamed as she gave all her strength and pushed one more time. She than fell back on her bed and was immediately rewarded with the beautiful cries of her baby girl. After the nurse cleaned off the baby a bit she handed her to Liz. “Awe, this is my little girl. Isn’t she beautiful?” she cried.

“Yea, she is.” Tess said.

“So have you decided on a name yet?” Isabel asked.

“Micayla,” Liz said as she smiled at her little girl.

~End Of DVD ~

The movie ended about fifteen minutes later. The rest of the movie was of Liz’s stay in the hospital and Micayla’s first day home. When the movie was over Liz looked over at Michael who seem to have up his stonewall, but then he turn to face her. As she looked into his eyes she saw a small array of emotions in them: sadness, joy, remorse, and hope.

“I wish I there too,” Michael said as his eyes went blank with emotion again.

“I’m sorry …” Liz began but Michael stopped her.

“No, I understand why you did what you did. And there is no reason to dwell on the past we can’t change, so lets just work on now and future.”

“Ok.”

“Ok.”

“Well, I think I better get going now. It’s really late.”

“You could stay here in the guest room; no reason to go out now. I know this is New York, the city that never sleeps, but you look beat. So why don’t you take the guest room. I am sure some of Alex or Kyle’s clothes are in there that will fit you.”

“I would like that.”

So the two of them got up and straighten the living room a little bit. When they were done Liz escorted Michael to the guest bedroom and said their goodnights. Liz retreated to her room and got ready for bed. She put on a pair of gray sweatpants and a white tank top, then brushed her hair a few times. She lied in bed for about ten minutes and decided she couldn’t sleep, so she decided that she was going to go on to the balcony and get some fresh air. As she passed by the guest room she noticed the light was on and the door was half cracked. She peeked inside and saw Michael looking through on of the scrapbook.

“You couldn’t sleep either,” Liz said making her presence know.

“Nope.” Michael said looking up from the book.

Liz walked over to him and looked over his shoulder at the book. He was looking a series of pictures where Micayla was walking around. “Those were taken the day that she was started walking.”

“How old was she?”

“Umm, about eight months. She has always been a very fast learner. I thinks she gets it from her father.”

Michael smiled. “I don’t know, her mother is a pretty brilliant woman.”

“Yea, I know.” Liz sat down next him on the bed. “Move over.”

Michael turned the page of the book and the two them sat there and looked through the scrapbooks until they fell asleep. And to honest it was the first time they had really slept peacefully in six years.

*End of Flashback*

Liz lay there on the bed for a few moments not wanting to move out of Michael’s arms, but in the end she knew that she had to get up. She turn on her back and slowly began to remove Michael’s arm from around her waist. His other arm was under her head so as she moved she tried not to disturbed him. But as soon as she lifted Michael’s arm up from her waist he move closer to her and laid his head on her stomach holding her much tighter. Michael used to always do that to her when they were together and she loved it. But now she knew that she would never get free without waking him up. So she softly began to rub him on his back.

“Michael,” Liz said in almost a whisper.

“Huh,” Michael said still in his sleep.

“Its time to get up.”

“No, Liz, just give me five more minutes. Our tour at Versailles doesn’t start until eleven.” Michael mumbled struggling closer to her.

Liz wanted to cried when she heard him say that. He was apparently dreaming of their time in Paris. Everything in her wished that was true. “No, Michael you need to get up now.” Liz said trying hard to contain her emotions.

Michael moaned but started to move. He brought his hand from around her waist and slowly began to lift her tank top to expose her stomach. He than began to kiss the exposed skin.

Liz moaned as her body responded to his touches even though her mind told her not too. “No, Michael.” She said softly, “We can’t d… ”

Michael silenced her with a kiss. At first Liz tried to resist him but in the end she couldn’t. The kiss they shared was full of love, passion and lust. Soon Michael kiss began to trail down her neck causing Liz to moan. Liz was about to start pulling Michael’s shirt off when all of a sudden the phone started to ring. The sound of the ring was like an alarm stopping them before things when any farer. Liz and Michael looked at each other for second before Liz got up off the bed and ran to the kitchen.

As Liz rounded the corner Michael fell back on to the bed. “Oh what have I done?” Michael groaned.
Magical
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Magical »

I am happy to see that you all are still interested in this story. The feedback is all encouraging. Thank you!

CHAPTER EIGHT

“Hello,” Liz said breathing heavily into the phone.

“Girl, are you all right! Why are you breathing so hard?” Isabel’s voice resounded on the other end.

“Umm, yea. I just ran to the phone.” Liz answered quickly.

“From where? Jersey?” Isabel comment sipped with sarcasm.

“Shut up.” Liz laughed, “So how is my daughter? Is she up yet?”

“No, she is still asleep, and she looks like a little angel.”

“Isn’t she always.”

“Right,” Isabel’s voice dripped of sarcasm, “So what happened last night?”

“Umm, not much,” Liz lied as she walked out to the balcony for some privacy. “Michael only figured out that Micayla is his daughter.”

“WHAT?! How did he figure it out? What did he say? Why is he going to do? What …” Isabel’s questions just continued coming full force.

“ISABEL!” Liz yelled to get her attention.

“What?”

“One question at time and you know what I don’t what to tell this story twice, so lets call Tess. Hold on a second while I get her on three-way.” Liz clicked over and dialed Tess’s number; when it began to ring she clicked back over so that Isabel was on the line to too.

“Hello,” a male voice said as Tess’s line picked up.

“Hey Kyle. Can we speak to Tess?” Liz said.

“Umm, I don’t think so. I am very upset with the two of you,” Kyle said playfully.

“Hey, how did you know I was one the phone,” Isabel asked.

“I just know, Isabel. Every time something major happens … which I am guessing the return of my cousin is. Oh by the way, I hope you aren’t angry that I gave him your address,” Kyle stated seriously for a moment.

“Oh, I was wondering how he knew where I lived. No, it’s ok. I mean for the most part everything worked,” Liz assured him.

“Well good not back to what I was say. I knew you were on the phone Isabel because whenever there is major crisis, the three of you either call a meeting or have a conference call to discuss the matters at hand.” Kyle said sarcastically

“I don’t have time for this; put Tess on the phone,” Isabel said.

“I told you already. You can’t talk to her; I am upset with the two you and I forbid you to talk to my wife,” Kyle said casually.

“What did we do?” Liz asked.

“Because you guys kept her out late yesterday and she missed her dinner plans with me. So I think that it is time that the three of you have some time apart.” Kyle scolded.

“Kyle stop playing around,” Isabel warned. But Kyle didn’t hear her cause all of a sudden you could a female voice in the back around and a few seconds later Tess’s voice could be hear on the phone.

“Hey girls.”

“How did you get Kyle off the phone so easily?” Liz asked.

“I told him that I would totally make it worth his while if he didn’t act so childish,” Tess responded. “So what’s up?”

“Michael knows about Micayla and Liz won’t tell me what happened until we got you, her darling sister, on the phone.” Isabel replied.

“Well then shut up and let me talk.” Liz said playfully.

“Ok than talk.”

Liz sighed and began her story. “Well, he figured out that Micayla was his by doing the math. We were sitting there eating Chinese food and …”

“The two of you had dinner together?” Isabel asked interrupting Liz.

“Isabel stop interrupting.” Liz said.

“Yea, Isabel just leave it alone.” Tess agreed.

“No, I want to know. How is that you were having dinner together?” Isabel pressed.

“Well after the two of you left him and I started talking and decided to start over and catch up … both of us were hungry so I ordered Chinese food.”

“Umm.” Was all could be heard from Isabel.

“Don’t umm me. Now shut up and stop interrupting so that I can finish my story,” Liz responded.

“If you don’t stop telling me to shut up I will kick you ass into next year,” Isabel threatened.

“Then I will kick yours on New Years Day,” Liz retorted.

Tess, who was getting really annoyed, decided to chimed in. “Both of you need to chill before I kick both your asses. You guys are really giving me a headache. Now Isabel shut up and Liz finish you story.”

“Meow.”

“Isabel!” Tess warned.

“Ok, ok … sorry. Lizzie finish your story.”

“Anyway. As we were talking last night we started to talk about Micayla and I casually mentioned Micayla’s birthday, which happens to be exactly a year after we met. So from there he started putting two and two together.”

“Wow, so what did he say?” Tess asked.

“Well, at first he was really upset but that was a given. Then after we talked he was very understanding and didn’t blame me. Also I think he wants to be apart of Micayla’s life.”

“You gave him the box.” Isabel’s stated.

“Yea, and we ended watching the movie of when I was pregnant. I even saw get a little emotional at the end of the movie.”

“Wow, all that stress over nothing.” Tess commented.

“Yea. And after we watched the movie we looked through one of the scrap books.” Liz added.

At this moment Isabel started to do some math her own and it wasn’t adding up. “Umm, what time did he go home last night? Cause we left your house around eight o’clock. And the two of you ordered Chinese food, caught up on old times, watched about a 2 hour movie and you looked through a scrapbook.”

Liz was silence, cause she knew that she was about to get into a lot of trouble.

“Liz?” Isabel pressed.

“What?” Liz responded innocently.

“Liz did he spend the night?” Tess asked knowing where Isabel was going with this.

“Well …”

“Liz, he’s in engaged! Why are you setting yourself up to get hurt?” Isabel yelled.

“He slept in the guest room,” Liz said quickly hoping that they would leave it alone.

“And where did you sleep?” Isabel responded.

“The guest room.” Liz said sheepishly.

“Elizabeth Claudia Parker,” Tess started before Isabel, “What were you thinking?”

“Guys it was completely innocent … we just fell asleep looking at the scrapbook.”

Tess and Isabel both gave a sound indicating that they don’t really believe her. Then Isabel realized something esle.

“Wait a minute. When you answered the phone you were out of breath. And you were just running from the guest room, which has a phone in it. So why didn’t you answer that one. But anyway if you were just running from the guest room you shouldn’t have been that much out of breath.”

“What were ya’ll doing when Isabel called?” Tess asked.

Liz huffs in a sigh of annoyance, “We kissed. And beside what does it matter what happened? Cause it will never happen again. And the reason it will never happen again is because I know that you are right, Isabel, he is getting married … (Liz voice gets a softer) to a person that is not me.”

At first nobody said anything but then Isabel spoke up. “I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have pushed. It’s just that I am so worried that you going to get hurt and I hate to you see you in pain.”

“That goes for me too. I love you and it hurts me to see you in pain.” Tess added.

“I know.”

“How did you two even get into that compromising situation,” Tess asked.

“Well when I woke this morning he had an arm wrapped around me waist. When I tried to get up he pulled me closer and laid his head on my stomach. I swear I have not felt at peace like that since the moment I held Micayla in my arms for the first time. But anyway, I started to wake him up and apparently he was dreaming of our time in Paris … so lets just say that he started to act out what was going on his dreams. I tried to resist him, but I couldn’t. But before things could get to far Isabel called.”

“Wow.” Isabel responded.

“I don’t even know what to say.” Tess commented.

“Yea well I do. It can’t ever happen again. He is getting married and there is nothing I can do about it, expect wish him the best of luck.”

“And what about Micayla.” Tess asked.

“That’s up to him. If he wants to be in her life I won’t stop him, but if he doesn’t … that’s ok too. Micayla and I have lasted this long without him. But hey guys listen I have go. I mean Michael is still here and we have to talk. So Isabel I will pick up Micayla in about an hour. Is that fine?”

“Yea, that cool, and I just saw her go into the bathroom so she is up.” Isabel replied.

“Alright bye girls.” Liz said as she hung up the phone.

Liz walks back into the house, and looked at the clock noting that is was only 9:30 in the morning. She then walked into the kitchen and saw Michael making breakfast. Also he already had some tea sitting on the table. Michael turned around and looked at her.

“I figured the least I could do after you paid for dinner and let me stay the night was make breakfast,” Michael said flipping some batter, “And don’t worry about the dishes I will do them after we are finished with breakfast.”

“No, don’t worry about it … I can do them later,” Liz said as she sat down watching Michael do his magic. He was always a wiz in the kitchen.

The two of them were silence for the duration of the time he cooked, which was only about ten more minutes. And when he was done Michael brought to plates of food to the table and sat down.

“Well bon appetite,” Michael said as he began to eat his food.

“Thanks.” Liz eyed the food in front of her. There were eggs (just the way she liked them), sausage, and homemade pancakes.

After awhile Michael couldn’t take the silence, “About this morning … I want to apologize.”

Liz looked up from her food. “That’s alright we all make mistakes, but it can never happen again. I know that you are getting married and I won’t get in the way. I won’t disrespect Maria or the relationship that two of you share. Besides this morning was probably nothing but suppressed feelings. It didn’t mean anything.” Liz knew that was a lie, at least on her apart it was.

Michael knew that what they shared was more than just suppressed feeling, at least on his part. “So that’s it? You’re out of my life again? What about Micayla?”

“I didn’t mean it that way. You and I can still be associated, I mean we do have daughter together. I wouldn’t get in way if you want to be in her life. But on that same note if you don’t want to that’s ok.”

Michael looked at Liz in awe. “How can you even think that I wouldn’t want to be in her life … that I need a choice? In my eyes there is no choice; Micayla is my daughter, and I want to be apart of her life.”

“I know. I just wanted to give you the choice, so that I feel that you weren’t forced into anything. Also what about Maria?”

Michael stuffed his mouth with more food. “Don’t worry about Maria. She will understand; she has no choice.”

“Michael I don’t want to come between the two of you.”

“You won’t. I will deal with her. But the more pressing question is how are we going to tell Micayla?”

“Umm, I am going to get her in an hour and I think we should tell her together. I think she will respond better that way.”

“That’s good.” Michael and Liz finished up their food and Michael took the plates to the sink. “What are you doing today?”

“After we talk to Micayla, nothing. I took the next few days off work so that I can spend them with Micayla before she starts school in a few days.”

“What do you think about us spending the day together?”

“Umm, sure. I don’t think Micayla would mind. I can do some cleaning around here.” Liz said getting from the table.

“No, I am talking about all three of us.”

Liz didn’t know what to say. “Umm, I don’t know.”

“Oh come. It will be fun.”

After a little more hesitation Liz responded. “Alright. Why not?”
Magical
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Magical »

Again thanks for all the great replies. I hope you all enjoy the next chapter.

CHAPTER NINE

After Michael and Liz finished the dishes Michael went home to shower and change. Liz went to pick up Micayla so the two of them could get ready. They agreed to meet at Liz’s apartment in about an hour.

Now Michael was knocking on the door to Liz’s apartment. He had never been so nervous in his life. He had so many fears that Micayla wouldn’t like him and want nothing to do with him, or that he wouldn’t be a good father that Micayla and Liz need him to be. But all those fears faded away as soon as the door opened to reveal Micayla. So looked so cute in little a pair of flared blue jeans and a black shirt. She had on little pair black sneakers and her hair was in one big ponytail.

Micayla ran up to him and gave him a big hug, “Hey, mommy said you were coming over.”

“And we are all going to hangout today.” Michael said hugging her back, “What do you think of that?”

“I think it’s cool.”

“So where is you’re mommy?”

“She is still in her room getting ready.” Micayla started to run down the hallway. “I will go get her. MOM!”

Michael went into the living room and took off his coat, laying it beside Micayla and Liz’s on the arm of a chair. Then he took a seat on the sofa and waited for them. He didn’t have to wait cause soon Micayla came running into the room with Liz right behind her. Michael stood up as they walked in the room. Liz was wearing a pair of tight flared black jeans and a white v-necked ¾ length shirt. She wore some pain white sneakers and her long silky straight pulled up with a clip. It never crease to amaze him how beautiful she looked no matter what she wore, whether it was extravagant or simple.

Liz was enjoying the sight of Michael too; she always loved the simple way he dressed. It was so him. He was wearing a pair dark green cargo pants with his favorite black Metallica shirt and his Docs to match. Both of them just continued to stare at each other until Micayla broke the silence.

“Mommy, when are we leaving?” Micayla asked.

“Oh, honey before we go Michael and I have to talk to you.” Liz said taking a seat on the sofa and Michael followed her lead.

“What is it?” Micayla asked, sitting between them.

“Well, remember what I told you about Daddy?”

“Yes, you see that Daddy can’t be with us right now, but he loves me and that when he can he will come and be with me,” Micayla responded.

“That’s right sweetie. Well guess what.”

“What?”

“You’re Daddy is here now and wants you to get to know him.”

As soon as Liz said that, Micayla jumped up. “Where is he? When do I get to see him?”

“You are looking at him baby,” Michael said softly.

Micayla didn’t say anything she just looked back and forth between Michael and her mother.

“Micayla? Did you hear what Michael just said?” Liz asked.

Micayla walked over to Michael slowly. When she was just a few inches in front of him she stopped. She just stared at him for a second. “Daddy?” Micayla said in a soft voice.

“Yes I am your Daddy.” Michael said with tears in his eyes.

Micayla jumped into Michael’s arms. “Mommy said that you would come,” she cried.

Michael held Micayla tight. “What else did you tell her,” he asked Liz, who had tears in her eyes.

“Exactly want Micayla said. I told her that you loved her and that you wanted to here but you couldn’t right now, but as soon as you could you would come her and that now the two of you can be together.” Liz responded.

Michael turned his attention back to his daughter, who was holding on to him tightly, “That’s very true. I do love you and I want nothing more than to be your father now.”

<center>@@@@@@@@@@</center>

A few hours later…

The first stop of their today together was the zoo. They looked at the monkeys, lions, birds, and all the animals that the zoo had to offer. Now Michael and Liz were sitting on a bench watching Micayla play in a park with some other little kids.

Michael glanced over at Liz. She was drinking some soda as she watched over their daughter. It was at that moment that an overwhelming sense of gratitude hit Michael. “I want to thank you,” he said softly looking back at Micayla.

“Thank me? For what?” Liz said a little taken back.

“For several things. Like making that box for me, so that I can at least see how things were for Micayla in the years that I missed of her life. Also, I appreciate that you told Micayla all these years that I love her. And I have. Even thought I just found out that she is my daughter, I think I have always loved her. When I stopped receiving calls and letters from you, then you stopped receiving mine apart of me shut down.”

“Michael.” Liz said softly.

“No, please let me finish. Well, like I said apart of me shut down. Then the anniversary of the day we met came around; the day that I now know is the day that our daughter was born. But anyway on that day I woke with a sense of a new purpose. That there was something more out there waiting for me. Then when I saw Micayla the first time in Kyle’s office I was so draw her, and that brings me to what I am most thankful for. Giving to me such a smart beautiful daughter. I …”

“Stop that,” Liz said walking away from him as she threw away her cup.

“What,” Michael said walking over to her.

“Thanking me. I swear … if it weren’t for me being so selfish … I wouldn’t have had to make you that box. And what else would I have told her? That you are some monster that left her out in the cold? What kind of mother would I be if I could hurt my child like that? And besides what reasons do I have to tell her evil things about you?” Liz now had a few tears in her eyes. “Michael please stop thanking me, cause I didn’t do anything. I mean everything that you are thanking me for was the least I could do after keeping her from you. So please just stop thanking me it only makes what I did so much harder.”

Michael smiled. “So you rather I be angry with you? Fight with you, so that we can be at each other’s throats?”

Liz returned his smile, realizing how crazy she sounded. “Yea,” she said playfully.

Michael laughed, but than turned serious. “Well, I cannot do that. Cause I am thankful and I do understand why you did what you did. So if hostility is what you want from me, you are not going to get it.”

Liz looked at him for second then responded. “Promise.”

“Promise.”

Liz and Michael stood there just looking at each. Anybody who walked by could see how much they loved each other.

“Mom? Dad,” Micayla said walking over to them.

“Yes, honey,” Liz said looking down at her daughter.

“I’m hungry.”

Liz looked at her watch, “Well, it 4:00. What do you want to eat?”

Before Micayla could answer Michael spoke up. “I have an idea. Why we don’t go eat at …”

“The Rain Forest Café! That’s my favorite restaurant,” Micayla interjected.

“Ok let’s have dinner at the Rain Forest Café than why don’t we stop the night off by going to see Lion King the Broadway play,” Michael said.

“I like that idea!” Micayla said jumping up and down.

“Alright, then we are going to have to change, because someone is all dirty,” Liz gave a pointed looked at Micayla. “And I’m sure we can all use a shower after spending so much time in the sun.”

“Well, I am pretty sure that the play starts at eight.”

“Ok than why don’t we all go home and change then we can met at my house at six, go eat then go to the play.”

“Or how about we all go to Daddy’s house, get his clothes, and we all change at our house,” Micayla said innocently.

“Micayla, I don’t think …” Liz began.

“That a great idea.” Michael said cutting her off.

“Are you sure?”

“Yea, today is her day and if she wants us all to get ready together then that is what we will do.”

“Ok then. Let’s go.”

<center>@@@@@@@@@@@</center>

It is now 5:15 and Michael, who was dress a pair of simple black slacks with a red Polo shirt one, a gift from Maria he had never worn, but when Micayla saw she insisted he wear it, was standing in the living on his cell finalizing the last few details of the night’s events. When he got off the phone he looked at his watch and saw what the time.

“Come girls we need to get going,” Michael yelled down the hallway.

“We’re coming hold your horses,” Liz yelled back.

“Yea, hold your horses.” Micayla agreed.

Michael sighed and waited. He had to wait about other five minutes before Micayla came walking into the room. She was wearing a cute little shirt with black and read diagonal stripes on and black short sleeve shirt with a heart on the front. She also had on little red shoes that buckled around her ankle with black stocking. Her hair was now curly and in two ponytails on either side of her head.

Micayla twirled around so Michael could better see her outfit. “How do I look Daddy?”

“You look beautiful baby,” Michael said as he picked her up.

“Hey put her down before you wrinkle her,” Liz said coming into the living room.

Michael put Micayla down and once again found himself in awe at how beautiful Liz was. She was wearing a short tight leather black shirt with a long-sleeved red button-up shirt that flared out at her stomach. She also wore black knee high boots and her curly hair flowed freely down over her shoulders. Michael was always amazed at how beautiful she was but right now she left him breathless.

“So are we ready to go?” Liz said grabbing her leather jacket and purse off the table.

“Yea, lets go.” Michael said putting on his jacket as Liz put on Micayla’s on her.

Michael opened the door and led them out, and Liz made sure it was locked. Then they went downstairs to find that a black limo was waiting for them. Liz looked at Michael and was about to say something, but he just ushered her into the car and they were on their way to dinner.

When they got to the restaurant they were seated right away because once they figured out their plans Michael called a made reservations. They got a semi-circle booth near the indoor waterfall, and had just ordered their food when a photographer walked up to them.

“Hello. I was wondering if you guys would like your picture taken?”

“Yea,” Micayla motioning for her parents to move closer together.

“Ok, its fine by me,” Michael said moving closer to Micayla as Liz did the same.

The photographer took two pictures, “Alright your pictures should be done by the time you get to through with your meal. And before I go I must say this: I photographed a lot a families that come through here and it is rare that I find a family at fits as well as you three do. Ya’ll make such a beautiful family,” the photographer said as she walked off.

“Ok, thank you,” Michael said giving her a tip.

About fifteen minutes later their food arrived. “I love this stuff,” Micayla said as she ate her pasta.

“That’s good, but don’t get anything on your shirt,” Liz said wiping some sauce off the side of Micayla’s mouth.

“Ok Mama,” Micayla said moving Liz’s hand out the way.

Michael just laughed, loving the feeling he got being here with the two of them. He couldn’t help but remember the words of the photographer had just said, they really do make a beautiful family, but what about Maria?

“Hey, Michael, are you going to eat?” Liz said bringing him out of his thoughts.

“Yea, I’m eating.”

When they got finish with dinner they share a large desert, and soon it was time to get the bill. Then as they were walking out the door the photographer came up and handed them the pictures.

“Here you are … I made a copy for all three of you,” the photographer said.

“Thank you. What do I owe you for the pictures?” Michael asked taking out his wallet.

“Don’t worry about it; their on the house,” the photographer smiled and walked away.

“Well, that is really nice of her,” Liz said taking one of the pictures out to see it. “Oh may looked at this.”

Michael took the picture and looked at it, “Wow, this is the first picture that we all took together.”

“Yup and hopefully it’s not the last,” Liz said subconsciously.

“I can’t agree more,” Michael added as they walked out the door to head to the play.

“I loved the play,” Micayla said as they walked into the apartment.

“Yea it was nice,” Liz said taking a seat on the sofa.

“Did you see how Samba stood on Pride Rock when he won,” Micayla said standing on a chair and roaring.

“Micayla, honey, get off the chair and come take your shoes off,” Liz said.

“Yea, come here and Daddy will take them off for you,” Michael said as he sat down on the love seat. Micayla got off the chair and climbed into Michael’s lap.

“She can take her own shoes off you know,” Liz smiled.

“Yea I know, but I want to do it anyway,” Michael said as he took off her shoes.

When Michael was done Liz called Micayla over to her, “Come here so I can unzip your skirt and go put on your pajamas. Then I want to hear you in the bathroom brushing your teeth.” Liz said as she unzipped Micayla skirt and took off her stockings.

“Ok then can you and Daddy tell me a story?” Micayla asked.

Michael looked at Liz as if to ask if she were up to her. “Umm, go get ready for bed and I will think about it,” Liz responded.

“Ok,” Micayla said as she ran back into her room.

“It’s completely up to you,” Michael said hoping that she would say yes.

Liz looked at Michael for a moment. “Well, it’s late, and you did bring a change of clothes, so why don’t you go get ready for bed so that we can read our daughter bed time story,” she smiled.

“That’s cool with me,” Michael smiled as he went to the guest room to prepare for bed.

Liz followed his lead and headed to her room. And in about ten minutes she was in front of her mirror washing her face. She had on a red tank and a pair of black boxers. Then as Liz was walking out the bathroom Micayla came running in the room. She was in her long nightgown with Nala on the front and her hair was pulled back into two French braids.

“Mommy, are you ready?” Micayla said jumping on the bed.

“Yea, but how did you get your hair in those French braids?” Liz asked as they walked down the hallway into her room.

“Daddy did it.”

Now Liz and Micayla were walking into Micayla’s to find Michael sitting on the edge of the bed. “You put her hair up?” Liz asked him.

“Yea, I use to know this girl that sometimes put her in French braids before she went to bed, and one night when she was to tired to do it herself she taught me. And from then on every night that we were together I would put her hair in two French braids. Even thought I haven’t really don’t it long time; I still kind of remember how to do it.”

“Oh,” Liz said as she remembered the times when Michael use to do her hair.

“Ok, story time,” Micayla said as she jumped in the bed.

Liz took her place to the left of Micayla as fell into to the right of her. Then as everyone was settle Liz reached into the nightstand by Micayla’s beside bed and pulled out a tape recorder.

“Mom, we don’t need that anymore; Daddy is here now,” Micayla said leaning her head on Michael’s shoulder.

“That’s right baby; we don’t need this anymore,” Liz said as she began to put it back into the drawer, but Michael stops her.

“You know what why don’t we use it anyway,” Michael commented.

“Are you sure,” Liz asked.

“Yea, now this way we can have some recordings of all three of us having story time.”

“Alright then.” Liz pressed record and placed it on the nightstand.

“Now, what story to do you want to hear?” Liz asked.

“The perfect summer.”

“The perfect summer,” Michael asked.

“Honey, are you sure? I don’t know if Daddy really wants to hear that story,” Liz said hoping that she would change her mind.

“No, I want to hear that one,” Micayla said.

“I don’t mind,” Michael said.

“Ok here goes. Once a upon a time there were these three girls who visited their parents for the summer after being away to school for a year. While they were there one of the girls met this handsome movie star, that happened to play in her favorite TV show overseas …” Liz began the story.

When Michael realized what story she was telling he could help but be taken back to that time. It was nice to hear the events of that summer told through her. And he loved that Micayla knew the story so well. But soon the story was over.

“…There last night they spent together was beautiful and the next day he took her to the airport and right before she got on the plane she said ‘Thanks for the perfect summer’ and that’s the end baby.” Liz said kissing Micayla on the head.

“That’s my favorite bedtime story,” Micayla said to her Daddy.

“I think it’s mine too.”

“All right, you two its time for bed,” Liz said giving Micayla a kiss on the check.

“But Mom …” Micayla began but Michael cut her off.

“Listen to your mother, Micayla. You have had a busy day. You need to get some rest,” Michael said as he gave her kiss on the forehead, “Now rest.”

“Ok, good night,” Micayla said as she snuggled into her bed, “I love you Mommy … and Daddy.”

“We I love you too,” Michael said as he slanted the door.

“You know you are pretty good at this whole Dad thing,” Liz said as they stood in the hallway.

“You are not to bad at the Mom thing either,” Michael replied.

“Yea, well I have had five years of practice.”

“What can I say; I am a natural.”

“Yea, yea whatever,” Liz said as she playfully rolled her eyes, “But anyway. I want to thank you for today. You made today so wonderful for her; it was better than I ever dreamed it would be.”

“Yea, well she is my daughter and you are her mother so I was happy to do it. I am just happy that she accepted me.”

“Oh I never had any doubt that she would.”

“Well, with you filling her head with all those lies about how wonderful I am,” Michael smiled.

“What can I say? I am a terrible person,” Liz said returning his smile. For few moments they just stared at each other, both wanting to say so much but couldn’t. They couldn’t for fear of the repercussions. “Well I guess we better go to bed too. Good night Michael.”

“Goodnight, Liz.”

They both went into their separate rooms with the feeling that things didn’t feel right. They both felt that they should be retreating to the master bedroom together after putting her the daughter to bed. But both of them were to scared to admit those feelings to themselves; let alone to each other.
Magical
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Magical »

Thanks for the great feedback; here goes the next chapter. :twisted:

CHAPTER TEN

About a month later …

“All those that are on Flight 947 to Los Angeles please start boarding now,” was the announcement that came over the intercom at the New Zealand airport.

“Ok Mama that’s our flight,” Maria said gathering her stuff together.

“Oh, honey. Now don’t forget to call me once you land in Los Angeles, and then when you get to New York,” Amy Deluca said helping Maria get her stuff together.

“I will.”

“I am just reminding you. Now give me a kiss and get on the plane. And don’t forget to give Michael a kiss for me,” Amy said kissing Maria on the cheek then turned to the sleepy little girl standing next to Maria, “And Grandma loves you honey,” she said as she kissed the little girl on the forehead.

“Love you too,” Katie yawned.

“Ok. Now bye Mama; I love you,” Maria said as she boarded the plane with her precious cargo. It didn’t take long for Maria to find her seat and get settled. She leaned back into her seat and smiled to herself. “I will with you soon Michael.”

“Hey,” Liz said as she opened the door to allow Michael to come in. It was about 2:30 on a Friday afternoon and he was there to pick up Micayla for the weekend. She had been spending the last couple of weekends with him so that they can have time to bond together with just the two of them.

“Hey,” Michael said walking in a giving her a kiss on the cheek. In the past month the two of them came up with somewhat of an unspoken agreement of what is allow and is not between them.

“She just got home from school; she’s in her room getting her stuff together,” Liz said ushering him to the living where he found Isabel and Tess sitting on the sofa.

“Hey girls,” Michael said waving at the ladies.

Tess and Isabel waved at Michael and went back to whatever they talking about. Michael had also come a long way with them too, especially Isabel. She no longer felt she needed to protect Liz and Micayla from him, so they were cool with one another.

Michael turned his attention back to Liz, “Is she almost ready?”

“Yea let me go check.” Liz said as she started to walk into the back apartment to check on Micayla.

Michael took a seat and starting talking with Isabel and Tess about everyday things. Shortly Tess got up and went to the bathroom as Liz and Micayla entered the room. Liz carrying Micayla’s favorite stuff toy, Connor the alien, and Micayla was holding a big piece of paper.

“Hello Munchkin,” Michael said as he allowed Micayla to come sit in his lap.

“Look what I did in school today for you Daddy,” Micayla said handing him the piece of paper.

“What is this,” Michael said taking the paper.

“Just look at it,” Liz said.

Michael looked down at the paper and couldn’t help the smile that spread across his face. It was a picture of him and Micayla holding hands in the park. “It’s beautiful Munchkin,” Michael said giving her a kiss on her forehead.

Liz smiled. She was happy that things were working out so well. “It’s your first pin-up picture,” Liz commented.

“Most definitely. I think while we are out today we can go to the store and pick out a frame, so that I can put this master piece in my studio,” Michael agreed.

Liz and Isabel just laughed at Michael. They both could remember the feeling of when they receive their first pin-up picture.

“What are you guys laughing at,” Tess said as she re-entered the living room.

“Oh nothing. It’s just Michael being a proud Papa,” Isabel stated.

Michael sighed. “Ok ladies, I think me and Munchkin are going to head out now,” Michael said getting from his seat and placing Micayla on the floor, “ Now go give her Aunties a kiss goodbye.”

Micayla walked over to Isabel and Tess and gave them a kiss and hug. Michael followed these actions and said goodbye to Isabel and Tess. Then they walked to the door with Liz.

“Alright guys, have fun. And make sure you behave yourself honey,” Liz said giving Micayla and a hug and kiss.

“Ok Mommy,” Micayla said putting her jacket on.

“Yes, Mommy, everything will be ok,” Michael, said with smile.

“I know. She is with her father,” Liz said softly, “and I know that he will take care of her.”

“For sure.”

“Ok Daddy lets go,” Micayla said going to the door.

“All right honey, here don’t forget Connor,” Liz said handing her the stuffed rabbit.

“Thank you Mommy; I love you.” Micayla said taking the alien and grabbing Michael’s hand.

“Bye, Liz. See you Sunday.” Michael laughed as Micayla pulled him out the door.

It was now about ten o’clock at night and they were now just getting to Michael’s house. After they left Liz’s they went and got pizza. From there they went and played in the park for a couple hours, then went to the mall to look a gift for Liz, who birthday was coming up. After the mall they went and had Chinese food and went to the movies to see the latest thing by Disney.

Michael used his available hand to unlock and open the door, because he had a sleeping Micayla in the other one. When he walked into the dark apartment he turned on the light. Then he began to walk toward the stairs when he saw someone in his living room and stopped him dead in his tracks. There sat Maria on the sofa with the picture that Liz, Micayla, and he took on at the Rain Forest Café.

“Maria,” Michael said softly.

Maria looked up at him and he could see fire in her eyes. She held up the picture. “What is this?”

Michael stood there for a second before he said anything. He had to think how he was going to tell her, but he decided to just come out with it. “That would be a picture of me, Liz, and Micayla at the Rain Forest Café.”

“Oh, would that be Micayla there in your arms?” Maria asked.

“Yes, and I think I better get her to bed. Then I will come down here, and we can talk,” Michael said making his way for the stairs.

“Yea, you do that,” Maria said with great attitude.

Michael didn’t even respond to her. He went upstairs and walked into the room straight ahead from the staircase, the second biggest bedroom in the apartment. The day after he spent the day with Liz and Micayla, him and Micayla spent the whole day preparing her room at his house. He got her a nice soft full size bed with beautiful furniture to match. He also took her out and brought her some clothes that she would be able to keep at his house. Then over the past month she had been adding her small touches everywhere.

When Michael walked into the room he woke Micayla up enough to help her change for bed and tuck her in.

“I love you, Daddy,” Micayla yawned as she struggled into her bed.

“I love you too Munchkin,” Michael said giving her a kiss on the cheek. When he walked out of the room he closed the door behind him incase Maria got loud. Then he glanced in the room to the left from Micayla’s and saw that Katie was sound asleep as well. He closed her door too then headed down stairs to face Maria.

When he reached the bottom of the stairs he noticed that Maria was looking around at the pictures in the living room. There were pictures of Micayla all over the place. One day he was looking through the chest Liz gave him and he kind of went a little crazy.

“So, I see that you met up with Liz,” Maria said as she turned to look at him.

“Yup. It happen to workout that Liz does some outside lab work for the FBI,” Michael responded taking a seat on the sofa.

“Really now?”

“Yea, the same organization that my cousin Kyle works for. Well it turns out that Kyle married Liz’s sister.”

“How convenient. So Micayla is Liz’s daughter?” Maria asked already knowing the answer to the question.

“Maria, I don’t want to play this game. Yes, Micayla is Liz and my daughter.” Michael said annoyed.

Maria stood there stocked for a second, “Your daughter. You haven’t seen this woman in six years, and when you do, she tells you that you have daughter? And believe her?”

“You know what? It isn’t even like. Her and I were catching up on old times and we started causally talking. She let it slip how old Micayla was and when she was born. I did the math myself. As a matter of fact she wasn’t ready tell me, when I found out.”

“She played you for a fool.”

“Watch yourself Maria, this is my daughter and her mother you talking about.”

“Ok, so this is your daughter, but what about our child Michael,” Maria said motioning toward her small five-month pregnant stomach.

“What does our baby have to do with anything?”

“Well, lets see this apartment as three bedrooms: ours, Katie’s, and now Micayla’s. Where is the baby going stay?”

“Maria, did you not go around the whole house? The master bedroom is over there behind the stairs,” Michael pointed to the room, “So all the kids can stay upstairs.”

“Oh my bad, and when she comes are you going to decorate her room like you did Micayla’s? You know have been here for a month, so when I got here I expected everything to be in order. But when Katie and I walked into this beautiful penthouse apartment and we find not one picture of us, but all of Liz and Micayla. Then we proceed to go up and stairs and came across that beautiful room and Katie thought it was hers. That was until we saw the name Micayla’s Room on the door. Then we went down the hall and found all of Katie’s boxes and bed with a few wall units around the room.”

“Micayla’s room was something her and I did together. Besides Katie is your daughter, not mine, so I figured that would be something you two could do together. You know like a mother/daughter project,” Michael smirked.

“And it’s a beautiful room you too did; it looks like a room made for a princess.”

“Well anything for my Munchkin.”

“Anything huh, umm lets me ask you a question: whose name is under father on the birth certificate? Cause legally, that little princess is a bastard if under father it says none,” Maria said smugly.

Michael got up from his seat and walked over to where Maria was standing. Then he said in a low voice, “You bitch, how dare you? I don’t care what you say. Micayla is my daughter and I love her. I knew she was mine from the moment I looked her. And you know what Micayla was conceived from the need, love, and passion two people share when they want nothing but each other, not by a meaningless one stand that we shared,” Michael said with so much hatred you could have sliced it with a knife. “The only reason that I promised to marry you is because you are carrying my child, and it’s the right thing to do. But don’t worry I will marry still because I don’t think that Liz wants anything to do with me. She has made it pretty good on her own and doesn’t need a man to help her. But if you ever and I mean ever talk about my daughter that way again, I will throw you ass out and when our child is born I will take her from you so fast your head will spin. Now, I am tried; I think I am going to go bed. If you need me I will be in the room with my daughter.” Michael said as he vanished upstairs.

Maria stood there stunned. She didn’t know what to say or do, so she just stood there. She stood there trying to think of a way that to make everything work for her again.