Who are todays best vampire authors?

Trade your favorite books and authors here!

Moderators: singerchic4, Forum Moderators

Darknhauntinglove
Enthusiastic Roswellian
Location: Melbourne, Australia (but wishing I was with Jensen)

Post by Darknhauntinglove »

I Love Anne Rice!!! I have read all but three books in her Vampire Chronicles! She writes amazingly... She has made me fall in love with Lestat and Quinn! :)

I recently read a Vampire book by Elizabeth Knox called 'Daylight'. It was ok, but really hard to follow. It was nothing like Rice's books!
Artemis
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Artemis »

Hey! I fyou really like to read vampiric books you should try author Amelia Atwater Rhodes. Here are some titles of her book.
1) In the forest of the night
2) Demon in my view (my personal fav.)
3) Shattered mirror
she wrote more but can't remember all titles
Artemis
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Artemis »

Hey! If you really like to read vampiric books you should try author Amelia Atwater Rhodes. Here are some titles of her book.
1) In the forest of the night
2) Demon in my view (my personal fav.)
3) Shattered mirror
she wrote more but can't remember all titles
Bordersinsanity
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Bordersinsanity »

CandyDreamQueen wrote: *Spoilerish*

I just finished Undead and Unwed not too long ago. I agree that it was a pretty funny book, especially when she was trying to kill herself, I about died laughing at the way it was described. But to tell you the truth I didn’t really like Betsy all that much and I thought that she was a little on the haughty side. Plus I really liked Sinclair. And they didn’t seem to get along all that well. It was also different for me because I don’t usually read books that are in first person. But other than that, it was funny plot wise and all that stuff.

Quick question. Is Undead and Unemployed still about Betsy and Eric? I have not gotten a chance to read anything on it, but there is a picture of the cover in the back of Undead and Unwed that has a girl sitting on top of a coffin and she’s surrounded by shoes, so I figured that it was probably about Betsy too?
Yes, Undead & Unemployed is still about Betsy and would there really be a story of a Queen without her King? Yes, Sinclair is still there tormenting the crap out of her as well... but hang in there... you won't be left wanting at the end of this one!

take care
Jen
<center>Image
Archives | Rules | Plagiarism | Fundraising</center>
jojotheorange
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by jojotheorange »

I have to say that the Anita Blake books by LKH are by far the greatest books I have read in awhile. If you dont mind all the sex. so if you have not read them you should
IwantMore
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by IwantMore »

I just found this thread and had to post my rec for an author I just tried out this weekend. I thought I had seen her book recommended here by someone else but it must have been a different thread.

If you like Sherrilyn Kenyon, I INSIST that you go out and buy "Dark Lover" by J.R. Ward. Here is the online synopsis:

In the shadows of the night in Caldwell, New York, there's a deadly turf war going on between vampires and their slayers. There also exists a secret band of brothers like no other - six vampire warriors, defenders of their race. Among them, none relishes killing their enemies more than Wrath, the leader of the Black Dagger Brotherhood...

The only purebred vampire left on the planet, Wrath has a score to settle with the slayers who murdered his parents centuries ago. But when one of his most trusted fighters is killed- orphaning a half-breed daughter unaware of her heritage or her fate - Wrath must usher the beautiful female into the world of the undead…

Racked by a restlessness in her body that wasn't there before, Beth Randall is helpless against the dangerously sexy man who comes to her at night with shadows in his eyes. His tales of brotherhood and blood frighten her. But his touch ignites a dawning hunger that threatens to consume them both…

I thought the best a vampire romance could get was gonna be SK for the next long while. But, I absolutely loved "Dark Lover".....I did not want for it to end, and I have not been able to say that about a lot of books lately. I read it in one sitting. Luckily for me it was on a Saturday! I would rate this book as more than on par with SK in all areas. I cannot wait for the next installment.

I love SK and also the Anita Blake series but the one little, itty-bitty pet peeve I have with some of them is the way the characters look and or are dressed....petty, I know, but sometimes the 'long, silky hair' or 'flowing shirt' or 'tight, laced pants' has me rolling my eyes and skimming past. I know it is to be expected since some of the characters are centuries old but still........ I did not get that with "Dark Lover"......

Has anyone else tried this one out?
Anniepoo98
Forum Moderator

Post by Anniepoo98 »

Howdy Iwantmore~

I haven't tried that book out, but the synopses sounded really, really good. I found a copy of it at my library, so I put it on hold. I'll let you know what I think of it as soon as I finish! Thanks for pointing in the direction of a new author.

Annie:)
CandyDreamQueen
Addicted Roswellian

Post by CandyDreamQueen »

I’m too lazy to go through and check this thread and see but I just have to say, I LOVE L.A Banks. Damali (Not sure how it’s spelled) is one of my favorite heroines. I just started reading her because Christine Feehan recommended her to my sister and me when we were at the RT. I love her now. I think her series is called the Vampire Huntress. LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!
Amber Eyes
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Amber Eyes »

CandyDreamQueen wrote:I’m too lazy to go through and check this thread and see but I just have to say, I LOVE L.A Banks. Damali (Not sure how it’s spelled) is one of my favorite heroines. I just started reading her because Christine Feehan recommended her to my sister and me when we were at the RT. I love her now. I think her series is called the Vampire Huntress. LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!

I think I've read something by her a while ago, she had one of her stories in an anthology (can't remember what though.) that I'd bought to read for this other story.

It was really good read though, but was kinda confused as to what was going on and who the characters were and such. I think there was some girl sacrificing herself to be a guardian or something? Like I said, really confusing! nNd I can't even remember the name of the story... its been a while. I might check it out one day and start from the beginning of the series.
My AU dreamer fics:
The Auction Teen/Adult)
Angelic Fire (Mature/Adult)
Watching Clouds

CandyDreamQueen
Addicted Roswellian

Post by CandyDreamQueen »

Amber Eyes wrote: I think I've read something by her a while ago, she had one of her stories in an anthology (can't remember what though.) that I'd bought to read for this other story.

It was really good read though, but was kinda confused as to what was going on and who the characters were and such. I think there was some girl sacrificing herself to be a guardian or something? Like I said, really confusing! nNd I can't even remember the name of the story... its been a while. I might check it out one day and start from the beginning of the series.
Yeah, that is the only bad thing about her books. None of them are really stand alone. At least none of the ones that I have read. But they really are great books.