Harry Potter

Trade your favorite books and authors here!

Moderators: singerchic4, Forum Moderators

Roswelladdict
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Roswelladdict »

maxandliz4ever1357 wrote:
Roswelladdict: JKR has said that there will not be more books after 7. :cry: Wouldn't it be great if there would be??
She would not be the first author to change her mind. She may or may not but I still say that she has left that door wide open. There are so many possibilites, not just for book 7 but for life beyond.

Just have to add that I still get weepy when anyone asks about HBP. I cried for days after finishing it, just because it was such a shock to me.

Does anyone else just love the interaction between Hagrid and his brother?
Nina

Dreaming of Candy in the Stars.

"It was you...."
maxandliz4ever1357
Obsessed Roswellian
Location: Backpacking through Europe (ok so I'm not, but I wish I were)

Post by maxandliz4ever1357 »

Does anyone else just love the interaction between Hagrid and his brother?
Yup, it's good. :D And hopefully Gwap can be useful to their cause, being giant and all.

Does anyone else wonder how the good side is going to stay together without Dumbledore? :cry: He was always the one who had the ideas and plans for defeating them, what are they going to do now? I know Harry has to take care of Voldy himself, but he has to get help from someone. I mean, he's 16 for crying out loud, how's he going to do this? I know he has Ron and Hermione, but they're 16-17 too...
<center> I was terrified and would you mind if I sat next to you and watched you smile? </center>
dmcb_love_jason
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by dmcb_love_jason »

i wondered that to, i was actually more frightened than sad when dumbledore was killed off, cause it meant that harry was on his own entirely, even if he had his friends with him, he will always have to defeat voldy by himself, and now he has to also find these horcrux things, i mean hows he going to go about starting to find them, dumbledore was like a parents to him, someone that harry and the readers relied on, to help, to guild and reveal things, now hes not here

who do you think is RAB, i dont think its sirius's brother, it could be dumbledores brother because we dont know much bout him
DMCB
Believer2
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Believer2 »

Ok - this is a far out idea, but I was re-reading HBP and read the chapter where Harry was taking lessons on non-verbal spells and counter spells.

Do you think its possible that Dumbledore did a nonverbal counterspell against Snape and faked his death?
I'm a believer!
maxandliz4ever1357
Obsessed Roswellian

I wish. I wish so much. :cry: But I think JK has always been very upfront about death. Once a person dies, nothing, not even magic, can bring them back.
<center> I was terrified and would you mind if I sat next to you and watched you smile? </center>
LovinGuerin2Much
Addicted Roswellian

Post by LovinGuerin2Much »

Umm sorry if I am posting this in the wrong forum but... I didnt see anything about the HP movies anywhere... heres my question...

Is anyone else disapointed with the the release of Goblet of Fire?

I bought the DVD today and when I got home and opened the DVD box...I realized that its one disc... BOO... theres no behind the scene stuff or interviews NOTHING...

I think that sucks... I hope they dont come out with a SPECIAL edition in 3 months with all the extras.. I paid 21 bucks plus tax for the first release, ok Im done with my vent... :oops:

What does anyone else think about it?
Fehr'sBear
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Fehr'sBear »

Umm, sorry to burst your bubble, but there is a widescreen special edition, and I bought it yesterday. It's got a second disc and a lot of special features...so now you can vent about false marketing if you'd like. :lol: I haven't had a chance to check out the special stuff yet though... :oops: :oops:
LovinGuerin2Much
Addicted Roswellian

Post by LovinGuerin2Much »

Fehr'sBear wrote:Umm, sorry to burst your bubble, but there is a widescreen special edition, and I bought it yesterday. It's got a second disc and a lot of special features...so now you can vent about false marketing if you'd like. :lol: I haven't had a chance to check out the special stuff yet though... :oops: :oops:

Oh my gosh!!!!!!!! lol I am so mad but I'm also laughing at the same time! I got mine from Blockbuster, and I chose the full screen edition... Maybe I should have read both freaking boxes! lol

Well thanks for responding, I am going to BB tonight and raising hell...haha
maxandliz4ever1357
Obsessed Roswellian

Oh my gosh!!!!!!!! lol I am so mad but I'm also laughing at the same time! I got mine from Blockbuster, and I chose the full screen edition... Maybe I should have read both freaking boxes! lol
That is so funny that you say that.... I did the EXACT same thing! And it was freakin' expensive! I'm so pissed off that it didn't have the second disk.
Buffsteraddict
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Buffsteraddict »

Okay, I have so much to bitch about and I have so many questions. By the way , in what I'm about to say...or type anyay's, there are giong to be some spoilers, so if you haven't read Book # 6, don't read this!

Kay, first off, this whole Dumbledore dying thing was just crazy and Snape being Dumbledore's killer is even crazier even though I did have a feeling that this would happen at one point. The only thing is, why and how? I mean, all these years Dumbledore trusted Snape so badly, what is it that Snape could of done to make Dumbledore trust him so much? To make Dumbledore think that he was a good guy and not working for Voldemort?

Second off, this whole Harry/Ginny thing and this whole Hermione/Ron thing is just woah. I mean, it was jut kind of shocking when I first read that Harry apparently like Ginny. I mean, for the past 5 books we had like absolutely no idea that it was going to happen. Harry showed absolutely no signs of even remotely liking Ginny and now in the 6th book, bam. It was just kind of a sudden is what I'm saying, lol.

Oh and I had a question, what do you guy's like better, the book's or the movies? I personaly have to answer the books. I've always liked reading the book way better than watching the movies. When I watch the movies it just kind of...ruins this image that I had formed about the book and I don't like that.

Anyway's, can't wait to read the 7th book, anyone know when it'll be coming out?

Steph :) :D