Harry Potter

Trade your favorite books and authors here!

Moderators: singerchic4, Forum Moderators

Waking The Dream
Enthusiastic Roswellian

It's here

Post by Waking The Dream »

It's lying right next to me *grinz* I stayed at borders for like forever and I finally have it here safe and sound hehehehe....
Some dreams are meant to be fulfilled...

maxandliz4ever1357
Obsessed Roswellian
Location: Backpacking through Europe (ok so I'm not, but I wish I were)

Post by maxandliz4ever1357 »

I have it in my hands... I've already read the first three chapters... why am I paying attention to Roswell Fanatics at a time like this??? :lol: I'm going to go read some more!
<center> I was terrified and would you mind if I sat next to you and watched you smile? </center>
elfangel01
Addicted Roswellian

Post by elfangel01 »

I have already read it... within 24 hrs. of owning it, it has been read and it was freaking amazing. I'm only 18 but it was weird being surrounded by all those kids. One of my friends who's like 21 was there too and he made the comment that none of them are the original harry potter kids. we are, we were there from the beginning in like 5th grade and now all of us are in college now. lol.

If anyone has read it already please pm me to talk about it!

Oh. McDreamy was doing the McNasty with McHottie? That McBastard. Uh, how was that?
-Dr. George O'Malley

Check out my stories :)
viewtopic.php?t=14727
maxandliz4ever1357
Obsessed Roswellian

I'm almost finished! I just got mine, and I haven't put it down (except for now, since my love for Roswell is the only rival to my love for HP!) I'll be very happy to talk about it after I finish. :D

Sadly, I am not an original fan of HP. I could have been, because I was old enough when the books came out, but I never read them. It's actually funny, because I wouldn't have read Harry Potter back then to save my life (probably because was such a huge fad) and I actually started out seeing the first two movies (which are good, but don't do the books justice) and then I read the 5th one and went backwards, lol. I think it's great, in any case, that JKR and HP keep getting new fans!

I'm not going to give anything away, but I love the newfound jealousy between *cough* and *cough* and I love Harry's new attraction to *cough*. I can't wait to read more!!!
Last edited by maxandliz4ever1357 on Sun Jul 17, 2005 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<center> I was terrified and would you mind if I sat next to you and watched you smile? </center>
To_Kiss_A_Frog
Addicted Roswellian

Post by To_Kiss_A_Frog »

I finished last night so anyone can PM me too. I've already had some discussion with elfangel01 but I'll love to chat about this stuff, lol.

-Cyn-
<center>Image
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

I've finished it too. Only started it this morning ... about 8 hours ago. ;)
maxandliz4ever1357
Obsessed Roswellian

I finished it, too. :cry: :cry: :cry:

*Spoiler Warning!!!!!!*

Oh. My. God. Does anyone else feel like their best friend has died? I'm practically crying my eyes out here! And they won't go back to Hogwarts??? But at least they're going with him... And I understood the thing with Ginny, and it actually wasn't that sad since she didn't get upset. I'm hoping they're going to get together again someday.

Why would she kill him off??? Will this R.A.B person be someone off importance? Or is he dead?
Last edited by maxandliz4ever1357 on Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
marteloise
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by marteloise »

I finished Book 6 just a few minutes ago and I completly love where JKR is going with HP..

Just to think there's only 1 book left is depressing.. :? How will she manage to tie up all the loose ends in only 1 book?

I was suprised when I discovered who died.. I wasn't expecting that.. And I really liked the romance in book 6. It was funny and light and counterbalanced everything Voldemort-related.. I just hope it will continue in book7!

I really can't wait the next one.. Hope not too many years would pass by before its publication..

Angie
elfangel01
Addicted Roswellian

Post by elfangel01 »

Will this R.A.B person be someone off importance? Or is he dead?
My friend and I were talking about it and we thought it might be Regulus Black... but nobody knows his middle name!

Oh. McDreamy was doing the McNasty with McHottie? That McBastard. Uh, how was that?
-Dr. George O'Malley

Check out my stories :)
viewtopic.php?t=14727
maxandliz4ever1357
Obsessed Roswellian

She said it'll probably be out in about 2 years. A really long wait, in my opinion! But there have been times where it's been longer than that right?
My friend and I were talking about it and we thought it might be Regulus Black... but nobody knows his middle name!
That's an interesting thought! Maybe he wasn't so evil after all... but what does it mean for Harry? Is the locket destroyed? Or is it another one he has to find?

I dunno. I want to hope that Dumbledore... isn't, but I did the same with Sirius and he was really... I think I get it though, why she's killed them off. Because think about it: First it was his parents that died, who were trying to protect him. Then it was Sirius, who was also trying to protect him. And now it's Dumbledore, who was Harry's biggest protecter of all. So now Harry's realizing that people can't protect him anymore, that he's got to do this on his own (with the exception of Ron and Hermione of course; where would Harry be without them? )

On a lighter note, I loved all the couple interaction! I knew that Hermione and Ron weren't going to get together in this one, but it's heading that way! And in the end I liked, even though it was really sad, that Ron was holding her and stroking her hair at the funeral. And I loved Harry's newfound attraction to Ginny, and I think they'll be together in the end.

I'm worried though. If she'll kill off Dumbeldore, who won't she kill? Will Harry die? Ron? Hermione? Ginny? Neville? I HATE WAITING!!! :lol:

Breaking up with the girl you love to protect her. Sounds familier, doesn't it?