Harry Potter

Trade your favorite books and authors here!

Moderators: singerchic4, Forum Moderators

maxandliz4ever1357
Obsessed Roswellian
Location: Backpacking through Europe (ok so I'm not, but I wish I were)

Post by maxandliz4ever1357 »

That is interesting, that there might be another way to cheat death. I just don't think so though, since J.K, as I said, makes death very final in her books. The only way Voldemort didn't die was because he preformed a very, very evil bit of magic, killing 6 people and splitting his soul 6 times.

But who am I to knock out your theory? You're right, it doesn't seem like Dumbledore is though with us yet, and the phoenix has been brought up on so many occasions. Why would Jo spend so much time telling us about the phoenix is it wasn't important?

The bottom line is, I have no idea, lol. This is all just speculation.

I think Half blood Prince means both. It plays up his magical side, and it also means that he's proud of his mother, which was where his magic came from in the first place. So he's proud that half of his blood, I guess, is magic, and he's proud of his mother's side, where his magic came from.

I didn't understand why she called the book Harry Potter and the HBP. I get that the HBP helped him out (as much as Harry hates him now that he knows the prince in Snape) but it didn't seem to have a lot to do with the plot. I think 'Harry Potter and the Six Split Souls', or 'Harry Potter and the Horcruxes of Voldemort' or something (I know those are terrible, but you get my drift, right? Something about Voldy splitting his soul) would have been better, since they have more to do with the plot. But maybe the half blood prince pops up again in the 6th, who knows?

I don't think there was too much significance in the first chapter, except that the evils being preformed by Lord Voldemort and his followers are now affecting muggles as well. I could be wrong though. :D

Some people are saying Amelia Bones (don't ask me where the 'R' went, I'm not the one who came up with that theory :lol: ) and some people say (and I don't know where this came from) the shopkeepers at where Malfoy was in the beginning of the book, the place Voldemort worked at, Borgin and something (I can't remember what their names are) I have no idea where this came from, as the only letter that they have in common with R.A.B is the 'B', but it's a pretty popular theory. *Shrugs* Personally, I have no idea who it could be.

Oh, and J.K said that Malfoy is "not a nice man", so I guess that means he still isn't a good person, even though he didn't kill Dumbledore.
<center> I was terrified and would you mind if I sat next to you and watched you smile? </center>
Roswell'sAngel
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Roswell'sAngel »

I heard a theory that it was Regulus Black. They refured back to a locket in book five they trio found in Grim. but couldn't open. I still need to go back a reread book five but I think this is as good a theory as any other I heard. But as mentioned before by many others this is just a guess.
I never liked you any way and...and...and...you have stupid hair!
~The ever loveable Spike from Buffy the Vampire Slayer
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

How about one of the shop owners? Burges and Burke, or whoever they are?
Sternbetrachter
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Sternbetrachter »

okay, just finished reading and ... I'm most annoyed about who was the killer I think :x that really annoyed me for some reason

at least I'm having hopes for some R/Hr romance coming up in book 7 ... can't believe that there's only one book left anymore
Colin Hanks
icon by elv_graphics
maxandliz4ever1357
Obsessed Roswellian

Who loves the word 'snog'? :lol:
<center> I was terrified and would you mind if I sat next to you and watched you smile? </center>
Crystalbehr
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Crystalbehr »

maxandliz4ever1357 wrote:Who loves the word 'snog'? :lol:

LOL that is a funny word isn't it!!!!

Anywhoo here is my thoery on what might happen in the seventh book. I've read that sixth and it's the first one I've ever read. I was at the library that day it came out and It was like speaking to me thus I read it. Now I'm waiting for my frined to read it so that we can talk about it buz i havent read 1-5 but i have seen movies 1-3. soooo

I think that when LV split his soul and says somethinglike he has done what no other widzard has accomplished (not the exact words but I think that's what he meant.)

What if he split his soul and put one of the souls in Harry Potter or his scar. du du duuunnnn. It sounds crazy and I'm no expert but from what I know harry can here Lv's thoughts and stuff until he cuts him off. What if LV accidently did put split his soul into harry when he was trying to kill him. Think about it for a second because Dumbledoor was like "Lv split his souls so many times that he can't even feel if one of them is killed or dies. What if Harry and LV Don't know it. I think that is at least a possible road JK can take in the seventh book

yes

no

maybe so?
Later Days!
Roswelladdict
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Roswelladdict »

Hi all, I am asahmed to say that I ahve only now discovered this section of the board and I am so relisved that I am not the only adult who is addicted to Roswell and Harry Potter. I think I have somewhat of a crush on the boy ::shakes head::

Anyway, I know that this is supposed to be a 7 book series but I just can't help but feel that should a Harry Potter book appear post book 7, I would not be surprised. Mainly, because as many of you have noted, many of the origianl fans of the books have become adults since the series began.

Last thing for now, I am a teacher and several years ago I read Sorcer's Stone to my first graders during their Chapter book time (I read a chapter book every day for about 15 to 20 minutes.) Then we read Chamber of Secrets and I have to say that those books were the highlight of their day and most of my students still read Harry's adventures to this day. I looped to 2nd grade with them the next year and we anxiously awaited the arrival of Prisoner of Azkaban and when it was finally published I started it and their 3rd grade teacher finished it.

Well, I am off, like a stinky t-shirt.
Nina

Dreaming of Candy in the Stars.

"It was you...."
maxandliz4ever1357
Obsessed Roswellian

Crystalbehr: Glad I'm not the only one who thinks so.:lol:

It's so funny; you sound just like me! Except the 5th book was the one that called to me. I remember I saw the first and second movies, out of the blue decided to read the OotP, then read the 3rd, 4th, 2nd, and 1st in that order. Now I've read all numerous time and I definitely recommend it. I don't know why I waited so long in the first place!

As for the Harry is a horcrux theory, a lot of people have said that, but I, personally, am deadset against it. Maybe it's just because if Harry is, it would mean he'd have to kill himself, and I want Harry to stay alive. But just like you, I am no expert and admit that it is possible.

Roswelladdict: JKR has said that there will not be more books after 7. :cry: Wouldn't it be great if there would be??
Crystalbehr
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Crystalbehr »

That is tru. If JK does take that route. She'll have to kill Harry!!!!!!! And she's all mysterious about what's going to happen so.....I can see why you'd be against that plot.

I can't wait for the 7 book to come out. Mainly becasue I want to see how JK is going to end the ROn hermione relationship!!!!!
Later Days!
Fehr'sBear
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Fehr'sBear »

I am sad that I only just found this thread, I am obsessed with HARRY POTTER!!! I finished the sixth book in like ten hours, and I agree with the theory that it is Regulus Black. I was rereading the fifth book, and realized that his middle name could be araminta, which is the name of one of sirius's moms sisters.

Oh, and snoggity, snog, snog. I love that word. lol