Harry Potter

Trade your favorite books and authors here!

Moderators: singerchic4, Forum Moderators

marteloise
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by marteloise »

I'm worried though. If she'll kill off Dumbeldore, who won't she kill? Will Harry die? Ron? Hermione? Ginny? Neville? I HATE WAITING!!! :lol:
Exactly!! There is no guaranty that Harry will be alive at the end of Book7.. I don't think it will happen but still..
Breaking up with the girl you love to protect her. Sounds familier, doesn't it?
ROFL I thought exactly the same thing!! :lol:

2 years.. pppfff.. It will worth it but well, it's still 24 months! :(
aurorasky
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by aurorasky »

maxandliz4ever1357 wrote: Breaking up with the girl you love to protect her. Sounds familier, doesn't it?
now that you mention it= i see the whole connection! :o
does this mean there is hope for Harry and Ginny as we know that in the end Max and Liz did end up together!
*Devoted Dreamer*
Surfgirl02
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Surfgirl02 »

J.K. has pretty much said that Harry is not going to die. It is a childrens book after all. Or in my case a book for the child at heart... :lol: Is it sad that I will have graduated college before we get the last part of the series? I feel as though I have been reading these books forever!

I heard a rumor that would make me completely unhappy if it is true...supposedly at the end of the 7th book it might turn out to be all a dream and that Harry escapes to the wizard world in his imagination to get away from his crappy life....that would suck. It would be Dallas all over again!
And they say
Open up, we're coming inside
You can't run so you may as well hide
We got the place covered from head to toe, head to toe
Open up, we're coming inside
What's it feel like to know you're going to die?
On the other side of the road
~Dispatch "Open Up"
elfangel01
Addicted Roswellian

Post by elfangel01 »

supposedly at the end of the 7th book it might turn out to be all a dream and that Harry escapes to the wizard world in his imagination to get away from his crappy life....that would suck
Oh I'd be pissed! A lot of people would be pissed! You don't think she'd really do that to all of us?

Oh. McDreamy was doing the McNasty with McHottie? That McBastard. Uh, how was that?
-Dr. George O'Malley

Check out my stories :)
viewtopic.php?t=14727
maxandliz4ever1357
Obsessed Roswellian
Location: Backpacking through Europe (ok so I'm not, but I wish I were)

Post by maxandliz4ever1357 »

J.K. has pretty much said that Harry is not going to die. It is a childrens book after all. Or in my case a book for the child at heart... Is it sad that I will have graduated college before we get the last part of the series? I feel as though I have been reading these books forever!
Really? I've been to her official site and she's never said anything like that there, and she doesn't answer questions as to whether he will die or not when she's asked. What did she say exactly? And as for it being a child's book, there has been enough death and sadness to make me cry like a baby, and there will probably be more of it. After all the characters are getting older and their problems are getting bigger.

And I'm still worried about Ginny, Hermione, Ron, Luna, Neville, etc...
<center> I was terrified and would you mind if I sat next to you and watched you smile? </center>
madroswellfan
Roswell Fanatic
Location: In a remote University doing Maths....I'm not called Mad for nothing!

Post by madroswellfan »

Hello Harry Potter lovers :)
I was wondering if any of you would be intrested in participating in a Roswell/Harry Potter roleplay. Theres no HP charcaters but its Roswell characters In a Hogwarts world

Please take a look :)
viewtopic.php?t=10598
Believer2
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Believer2 »

Hey - anyone who's read the 6th book have any theories on the meaning of the Phoenix in the last couple of chapters? If the tears of a phoenix can heal a wound, can the death/ashes of phoenix ressurect?

And do you think Dumbldore planned Snape's betrayal?

And who do you think was/is D.A.R.?

What is your take on Dumblebore's opinion of the prophecy? Was he trying to give Harry a clue?

So many questions plague me!!! I swear the phoenix is important somehow - I just don't know how.
I'm a believer!
maxandliz4ever1357
Obsessed Roswellian
Location: Backpacking through Europe (ok so I'm not, but I wish I were)

Post by maxandliz4ever1357 »

I'm pretty sure that Dumbledore isn't going to come back to life. J.K.R has always made it very clear that death is final, even in the wizarding world. I think the significance of the pheonix leaving was that Faux (sp?) was loyal to Dumbledore only, and now that Dumbledore was gone, the phoenix left. I agree, Faux seems important to the plot somehow... maybe he'll follow Harry around and help him now? Maybe Dumbledore left Faux to Harry in his will, if he had one? He'd be very useful, with the healing tear drops, and he could make Harry feel better with his song.

As for Dumbledore planning Snape's betrayal, I have a post somewhere above saying how I feel about that, if you want to read it. Of course, that theory is seeming a little bit obvious now, and J.K's never obvious. I think that there is much more to this than we know. Maybe Snape made an Unbreakable Vow with Dumbledore, saying that he would alwas be loyal and obey him?

It's R.A.B actually, lol, and the theory is that it's Sirius's brother, Regulus Black. This too, however, is getting a little obvious, and I think it's too easy of a guess. So basically I have no idea as to who it could be, lol.

Not really sure what you mean on this last question. Dumbledore told Harry that the prophesy didn't have to happen: it started becaue LV heard it and gave Harry powers. From what I get out of it, Harry could turn his back on the prophesy, but LV would still want to kill him, so it would still end up being 'neither can live, while the other survives...'. And the prophesy will come true because Harry wants Voldemort gone, and will try to finish him off, whether or not there's a prophesy. But the prophesy isn't law, and many prophesies go unfinished, this one won't only because Voldemort heard it in the first place.... does any of this make sense :lol: ? It's very hard to explain.

Well, there's my take on your questions. Hope that was helpful. :D

Oh, and if you want to see Emerson (webmaster of mugglenet) and Melissa's (webmaster of The Leaky Cauldron) interview with J.K Rowling, it's here.

J.K is so funny!! Sorry all you Harry/Hermione shippers!
<center> I was terrified and would you mind if I sat next to you and watched you smile? </center>
elfangel01
Addicted Roswellian

Post by elfangel01 »

I agree with maxandliz4ever1357 about a few things. The Regulus theory is starting to become a little obvious, but would JK really bring in a brand new character in such a suspiciously large capacity for the last book? If it was him, perhaps he LV killed him because of the fact that the locket was taken; after all they did find the locket in the house in book 5.

Dumbledore is probably really dead, I mean she killed Harry's parents, Sirius and now Dumbledore... so who technically is left to protect Harry? I think he was right on the prophecy, if LV hadn't taken it seriously then it might not have come to pass at all. I agree on the fact that Faux left because he was true to only Dumbledore, but he might come back because remember in "Chamber" when he came to help Harry?

I don't know how I feel about Snape right now. I think he might have told Dumbledore about making the Unbreakable Vow but he still killed him! Whether it was planned that way or not, I don't care, he still killed him! I personally hope that Draco turns out to be good. I mean he obviously didn't really want to kill Dumbledore, so maybe he'll give his parents the boot and be nice now... yeah yeah I know nice wish probably!

Well that's all I have to say for now!

Oh. McDreamy was doing the McNasty with McHottie? That McBastard. Uh, how was that?
-Dr. George O'Malley

Check out my stories :)
viewtopic.php?t=14727
Believer2
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Believer2 »

MaxandLiz4Ever - the biggest problem I have with Dumbledore's death, beside the fact he's one of my favorite characters, is that the entire book revolves around LV's escape from death by splitting his soul.

This idea(soul splitting) didn't show up in TOotP after SB's death, so if soul splitting allows one to cheat death, what's to say that there isn't something else, another spell, that Dumbledore could have used/will be using? The whole thing about the phoenix - it dies but from its ashes, it's reborn - I still believe it plays some kind of rebirth thing for Dumbledore. I just can't help but think that Dumbledore knew or planned his death somehow.

Another thing that keeps tickling my mind - the half blood prince. Should it be taken as half magic blood or being half of the Prince family? The books leads us to believe one thing but I can't help but wonder if its not the other. Any ideas? thoughts?

And does anyone wonder at the significance of the first chapter? The interaction between the Prime Minister and Fudge/new minister of magic?

RAB(I don't know where DAR came from-seesh :oops: ) - anyone besides Regulas?
I'm a believer!