Romance Novels, Any One Else Have This Guilty Pleasure?

Trade your favorite books and authors here!

Moderators: singerchic4, Forum Moderators

Earth2Mama
Obsessed Roswellian
Location: On Moya, keeping an eye on Aeryn because Crichton is MINE!

Post by Earth2Mama »

Dimensia wrote:Try Jude Devaraux's <i>A Knight in Shining Armor</i>. I don't usually do period romance, but it's really well done.
I have that one. OMG...it's what got me started on this time traveling kick I seem to be on. :lol:

Thanks everyone for your recommendations. Wow! What a response. I guess I'm not the only one huh? :wink:

Thanks to http://www.half.com , I've been able to purchase some of these books second hand and at reasonable prices! Thanks again. If anyone else has some more, please post them here or send me a PM or email. Thanks again :D
Winner - Best Feedbacker Award Round 6
Winner – Funniest Feedbacker & Most Helpful Fanatic Award Round 14
Winner - Most Thought-Provoking Feedbacker Award Round 15

made by April :D

4-ever a lamptrimming, stargazing, candy-hearted dreamer!

Tumblr- elliesinwonderland | YouTube - Earth2Mother
LovinGuerin2Much
Addicted Roswellian

Post by LovinGuerin2Much »

Jude Devaraux's A Knight in Shining Armor.. aww w I remember that story it was amazing...Now I feel like reading it again.. lol

:D
Earth2Mama
Obsessed Roswellian
Location: On Moya, keeping an eye on Aeryn because Crichton is MINE!

Post by Earth2Mama »

O.k. Now I've got this obsession for all things Medevil in times. Any suggestions?
Winner - Best Feedbacker Award Round 6
Winner – Funniest Feedbacker & Most Helpful Fanatic Award Round 14
Winner - Most Thought-Provoking Feedbacker Award Round 15

made by April :D

4-ever a lamptrimming, stargazing, candy-hearted dreamer!

Tumblr- elliesinwonderland | YouTube - Earth2Mother
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

Romance books :roll: oh dear god you try growing up with three older sisters and see how many of them things get left around the house. :lol:

Oh well I do have to admitt to reading a many of them.Mostly during the winter when the snow knocks the power out for a long time.

But I like the current ones.You know the ones with the single sheriff,fireman,rancher or whatever.I just can't get into those past ones that on the cover has some guy with long hair and no shirt on and is carrying a half passed out woman on it :roll: I much prefer reading a story that has a female that's just as strong as her male counterpart

But I do agree that the main reason that I read one now and than is that in this world I like to have a happy ending once and ahwile.
Zanssoulmate08
Addicted Roswellian
Location: In my happy place, entertaining myself with shiny objects.

Post by Zanssoulmate08 »

I LOVE ROMANCE NOVELS!!!!!!! Paranormal romance are my fav. Any suggestions?

-Sarah

Once upon a time in a faraway kingdom,
Man made up a story, said that I should believe him.
Go and tell your white knight that he’s handsome in hindsight,
But I don’t want the next best thing.
So I sing, I hold my head down, and I break these walls ’round me.
Can’t take no more of your fairytale love.
Maxsgurl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Maxsgurl »

Just finshed reading Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen and although its an AMAZING book, I went looking for a sequel.

The best I have found is Mr Darcy takes a Wifr by Linda Berdoll... it was written in 2004 so she could say and do a lot more than Austen could if you know what I mean :wink: :oops:

I loved this book because it showed the Darcy's evovled and how they could barely keep their hands off eachother. Almost every character in the original was mentioned (except poor mary lol) and the plot twists were great.

I HIGHLY recommend it and I look forward to her next installement out in May of 2006...
Zendorox
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Zendorox »

Zanssoulmate08 wrote:I LOVE ROMANCE NOVELS!!!!!!! Paranormal romance are my fav. Any suggestions?

-Sarah
Do you like Futuristic / Science Fiction? Some people lump those in with Paranormal. If you do, try Susan Grant, C J Barry, Catherine Spangler.

I believe all 3 authors have jumped on the paranormal bandwagon and are coming out with something non-alien / other world related later this year. Futuristic / Science Fiction romance is pretty much a dead genre these days unless you want the romantica version. I don't care for romantica much because I like a little more plot with my sex :)

On the true Paranormal fronts, besides Sherri Kenyon and Christine Feehan, there is a current series put out by multi-authors called Crimson City. Vampires vs Werewolves vs Demons in future LA. I've heard it's good but I've not read it. I'm not into creatures that go bump in the night.

You could alse try the wolf series by Susan Krinard. It's very popular, I think it's werewolves but again, I haven't read it. I know her by two ScFi's she came out with a couple years ago.

Personally, I'll be glad when this vampire fad has run it's course and publishers will actually put out SciFi's again. I like my aliens, what can I say :)

Zen
Zanssoulmate08
Addicted Roswellian
Location: In my happy place, entertaining myself with shiny objects.

Post by Zanssoulmate08 »

Zendorox wrote:
Zanssoulmate08 wrote:I LOVE ROMANCE NOVELS!!!!!!! Paranormal romance are my fav. Any suggestions?

-Sarah
Do you like Futuristic / Science Fiction? Some people lump those in with Paranormal. If you do, try Susan Grant, C J Barry, Catherine Spangler.

I believe all 3 authors have jumped on the paranormal bandwagon and are coming out with something non-alien / other world related later this year. Futuristic / Science Fiction romance is pretty much a dead genre these days unless you want the romantica version. I don't care for romantica much because I like a little more plot with my sex :)

On the true Paranormal fronts, besides Sherri Kenyon and Christine Feehan, there is a current series put out by multi-authors called Crimson City. Vampires vs Werewolves vs Demons in future LA. I've heard it's good but I've not read it. I'm not into creatures that go bump in the night.

You could alse try the wolf series by Susan Krinard. It's very popular, I think it's werewolves but again, I haven't read it. I know her by two ScFi's she came out with a couple years ago.

Personally, I'll be glad when this vampire fad has run it's course and publishers will actually put out SciFi's again. I like my aliens, what can I say :)

Zen
THANKS! :D

Once upon a time in a faraway kingdom,
Man made up a story, said that I should believe him.
Go and tell your white knight that he’s handsome in hindsight,
But I don’t want the next best thing.
So I sing, I hold my head down, and I break these walls ’round me.
Can’t take no more of your fairytale love.
Roslover39
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Roslover39 »

Hi everyone :)

I read and fell in love with the book Fangs For The Memories

by Kathy Love. It's about a centuries old vampire that's weary of living

and hunting for his next meal (victim). That is until he meets a pretty

green eyed girl who instantly makes him feel things in his heart

and below the waist :lol: There are many twists and turns to this novel,

but I believe you will enjoy it as much as I did. And for any Behrians

here, the vampire character when described sounds so much like that

yummy Jason Behr, and the girl reminds me of Majandra Delfino. :D
By French Dreamer

"Evans, take it from someone who has seen way too many telegrams go out to newly widowed wives. In the long run it's best to travel as light as you can, if you know what I mean." Jim Valenti

Coming Soon!
roswell_lver_83
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by roswell_lver_83 »

Diana Palmer! If you want to read some good cowboy romance books try her Long Tall Texan series!