Romance Novels, Any One Else Have This Guilty Pleasure?

Trade your favorite books and authors here!

Moderators: singerchic4, Forum Moderators

Anniepoo98
Forum Moderator

Post by Anniepoo98 »

Lessie:

I haven't read This Heart of Mine, but I did read Dream A Little Dream ... and I loved it. What is Heart of Mine about? Have you tried any other Susan Elizabeth Phillips books?

Also, just to throw a new book in the mix... Has anyone tried the book "Damsel in this Dress"? For the life of me, I can't remember the author right now, but I just finished it for my book club, and damn it was cute. I can't wait to see what this author's next novel will be.

Annie:)
Earth2Mama
Obsessed Roswellian
Location: On Moya, keeping an eye on Aeryn because Crichton is MINE!

Post by Earth2Mama »

Jezebel Jinx wrote: Bertrice Small: The Skye O'Malley series is one of my favorite series. I've read almost all the books in the series, hopefully I'll get to read the rest of the series soon.
By far THE BEST WORK she's ever done was this series. I was sad to learn that there will be no more added to that series. :(
Winner - Best Feedbacker Award Round 6
Winner – Funniest Feedbacker & Most Helpful Fanatic Award Round 14
Winner - Most Thought-Provoking Feedbacker Award Round 15

made by April :D

4-ever a lamptrimming, stargazing, candy-hearted dreamer!

Tumblr- elliesinwonderland | YouTube - Earth2Mother
Lessie
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Lessie »

Annie I haven't read anything but This Heart...by SEP. From what I've heard her other books are just as good. :D
This Heart is about this woman, Mollie who is a children's book author and she's always secretly loved Kevin Tucker the star of the Chicago Bears (or is it Stars?) football team which is owned by her older sister and her husband. It's soo good! I loved. It's a must read :D

Lessie
People accuse me of being arrogant all the time. I'm not arrogant, I'm focused. I don't make demands. I don't tell you how it should be. I'll give you f***ing options, and it's up to you to select or throw 'em away. That should be the headline: If you're insecure, don't f***ing call.
-Russell Crowe
Crystalbehr
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Crystalbehr »

Have any of you heard of this author named Angela Knight. She is really good. Her books are a combination of Thriller and Paranormal Romance. Like she uses the knights of King Arthor making them hero's it's interesting. So far Lancelot has a woman and someone named Reece Champion. I don't think he's a knight of the round table. You all should check it out!!!
Later Days!
Ms. Anonymous
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Ms. Anonymous »

starlady wrote:Hi CRYSTALBEHR!!!

LOL!

I have read Lynsay Sands' vampire series. It was hilarious!
For those that are not familiar with this series it's order is Love Bites, Single White Vampire and Tall Dark and Hungry.

In Love Bites we meet the baby of the clan. He is being stalked by a guy that is bent on killing him. Twice he almost succeeds and twice he ends up in the morgue where Rachel works. Rachel, who was ill the first time Etienne shows up with a bullet a few millimeters from his heart, thinks she hallucinated the whole, dead guy wakes up and walks out of the morgue. The second time Etienne shows up, he is a crispy critter, since he has been burned to "death". The stalker shows up, determined to chop off Etienne's head to assure himself that the vamp stays dead but Rachel gets in the way and is mortally wounded, forcing Etienne to turn her in order to save her life. Follow up this bizarre intro to the Argeneau family, with Buffy the vampire Slayer jokes and a matchmaker mom that is determined to have her baby boy living happily ever after.

Here are teh other two write ups I have on the series:
Single White Vampire: Lucern is Etienne’s older brother. He is the family’s historian. He has chronicled the love stories of both his brother and sister. They are published as paranormal romances. His new editor Kate Leever wants him to agree to some publicity work but Luc is against it until she shows up at his door. After a few days with her he realizes that he must get her away because the attraction to her is driving him crazy. After taking her to Etienne’s wedding, he agrees to do one publicity stunt. Following his mother’s suggestion, he agrees to do the Romantic Times Conference; not knowing it’s an actual conference. The story takes off from there and the situations he finds himself in just go from hilarious to bizarre. The poor guy gets confused for gay when Kate walks in as he tries to feed off her male coworker, he gets his codpiece stuck on a tablecloth during the renaissance ball and her insistence on him using a condom takes him on a merry chase around the suite and has him ordering room service for the items. Although published first this is a sequel to Love Bites.

Tall Dark and Hungry: Last in the Argeneau series. The story of Bastian the middle brother who is a workaholic. Not as enticing as the first two books, this one was more subdued. It was still great to see the family get together for Lucern and Kate’s wedding. Chris was so accident prone it was at times funny. We get introduced to Vincent in this book and, as with Thomas, we fall in love with the cousin. It will be nice to read his story. Terri was just to nice and Bastian fell for her just too quickly for me to give it an A.

Hi ppl, I've just bought the last installment of the Lynsay Sands series. This series is so good. This being my first romance with vampires, I was not dissapointed. This series is full of humor and romance. The only problem being that there isn't a story about Lissianna and Greg. I would have loved to have read how they got together :lol:
starlady
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by starlady »

Bdjamilah,

Lissianna and Greg are getting their own story as well as the crazy cousin we met in Bastian's story. We are also going to have a story about Margarite (The Argeneau's mother) where she finds her true love.

All this will happen because she signed a new contract with another publisher. At least that is what I remember.

We are going to have a few more vampire tales from Sands.

~S
Visit My Reading Blog: Reading Journal
Visit HoshiDreams' Anime Blog: HoshiDream's Anime
Ms. Anonymous
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Ms. Anonymous »

Thanks Starlady for telling me. That's great lol. I wondered if there would also be a novel about Margarite... now I know :)
Crystalbehr
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Crystalbehr »

This notice is for any book Fans who live in St. Louis

Romantic Times Bookclub Magazine
Present The 22nd Annual Booklovers Convention

For Readers and Writers of Popular Fiction

Romance * Mystery * Fantasy * Erotica* Paranormal* Contemporary

April 27 - May 1, 2005
St. Louis, Missouri

Sherrilyn Kenyon, Christine Feehan, Dara Joy are among many authors that will be there

Here's the link for more information

http://www.rtconvention.com/frameset.htm
Later Days!
LovinGuerin2Much
Addicted Roswellian

Putting in my 2 cents....... lol

Post by LovinGuerin2Much »

I love romance novels but there has to be some sort of plot line in them..it cant all be roses and kisses and deep moans and sighs.....lol.

Ny favorite authors are....

1.Nora Roberts the latest ones that I read where The Key Triology....loved them....I"ve read almost everything of hers except that stuff that she writes as J.D. Robb.......cant get into that.

2.Linda Howard She writes the best sex scences ever and most of the time her books have alot of suspense and who done it kinda feel to them...but the way that she writes it just WOW...its getting hot in here.

3.Virginia Henley again she writes really really good sex scences and her books are historical really historical.....but I love them... I've read almost everything of hers too.

4.Sandra Brown also is great..... love her and there are so many others but I think these are the ones that stand out the most right now.

But if you see a Linda Howard book.....please please get it.......she's awsome.
Earth2Mama
Obsessed Roswellian
Location: On Moya, keeping an eye on Aeryn because Crichton is MINE!

Post by Earth2Mama »

Have any of these authors written anything recently?

1. Linda Howard
2. Nora Roberts
3. Bertrice Small
4. Sandra Brown

I've been looking and so far, have only found only their previously written novels. I'm looking for new stuff.

:D Thanks!
Winner - Best Feedbacker Award Round 6
Winner – Funniest Feedbacker & Most Helpful Fanatic Award Round 14
Winner - Most Thought-Provoking Feedbacker Award Round 15

made by April :D

4-ever a lamptrimming, stargazing, candy-hearted dreamer!

Tumblr- elliesinwonderland | YouTube - Earth2Mother