Potter or Lord Of the Rings?

Trade your favorite books and authors here!

Moderators: singerchic4, Forum Moderators

Harry Potter Or Lord Of The Rings?

Lord Of The Rings
26%
Harry Potter
46%
Both
27%
None
1%

Total votes: 92

kippy
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by kippy »

Applebylicious wrote:I gotta say I enjoy Lord of the Rings more. I don't know why... I just like the world Tolkien created better. It's fantastic and amazing... and it's just so realistic and well-thought out that it leaves you believing Middle Earth could have really existed. :)

Don't get me wrong, I love HP, too. But for me, it's LOTR that comes out on top.

I agree completely. I enjoy Harry Potter, but I've read all the books once and haven't picked them up again. They're entertaining and a fun read, but do not stand out to me as anything special. Lord of the Rings on the other hand I have read every summer for just about the past seven years.

Still don't tire of it.
"And we that have lived in the story shall be borne again and again..."
Stardance
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Out Loud

Post by Stardance »

I honestly don't think you can compare Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter. They are to completely different stroy lines. If anyone has sat down and read them, can you not agree? Of course there may be similarites. What writer isn't influenced by a book or another author that they read as a child. You can't break down into which book is better. At least Harry Potter has inspired the younger generation to read, and Lord of the Rings has always been a classic. I say the coe-exisit peacfully.

Stardance
dream on
Addicted Roswellian

Post by dream on »

A couple of weeks back, I've have said LOTR without missing a beat and that Harry Potter was a blown-out-of-proportion, annoying fad. But I read The Philosopher's Stone and from then on, it went straight to my head. I've read all of them, over and over, probably fifteen times, and I'm still not tired of it. JKR created a monster. :D A fascinating, lunge-you-back-in-by-your-fingertips kinda monster. If it were at all possible, Quidditch should be made into a real sport, lol. I'd have to say HP. LOTR is a vivid, enchanting tale of myths, but Harry touched something in me that Frodo never did, and they are probably the ones who can be compared equally. But I agree, both are truly incredible.

Of course, Aragorn and Legolas are exceptions. ;)

Sarah
Crystalbehr
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Crystalbehr »

LOTR is excellent.

But I choose Harry Potter.

It's soooooo good, and those kids are adorable
Later Days!
RoswellFan1947
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by RoswellFan1947 »

I have to admit I'm an LOTR Junkie.....got everything Lord of the Rings imaginable. I Love Harry Potter too but I'm gonna have to go for Lord of the Rings...
elfangel01
Addicted Roswellian

Post by elfangel01 »

i dunno... i guess i'd have to say 'lotr' because even when i was little my dad would read 'the hobbit' to me as my bedtime story and then it expanded to 'lotr'... so i've always been a junkie... raised on it and everything, but i do love hp also!

Oh. McDreamy was doing the McNasty with McHottie? That McBastard. Uh, how was that?
-Dr. George O'Malley

Check out my stories :)
viewtopic.php?t=14727
LovinGuerin2Much
Addicted Roswellian

Post by LovinGuerin2Much »

I prefer HP to LOTR... I could never get into LOTR even when I was a kid, the hobbit always kinda of freaked me out...

I've read all the HP books thus far, and own the movies and I cant get enough of it... I've re-read the books a few times too.

JK created such a awsome world with characters that I love and that seem so real.... anyhoot that's just me though.

:D
Flamehair
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Flamehair »

I like both but more Lord of the Rings :D
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

HP books are better than the LOTR ones but the LOTR movies are better than the HP ones
carolina_moon
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: Potter or Lord Of the Rings?

Post by carolina_moon »

Potter. Hands down. Forever!!! :D