Christine Feehan's Dark Series!

Trade your favorite books and authors here!

Moderators: singerchic4, Forum Moderators

Which is your favourite Dark book??

Dark Prince
11%
Dark Desire
16%
Dark Gold
No votes
Dark Magic
11%
Dark Challenge
No votes
Dark Fire
5%
Dark Legend
26%
Dark Guardian
26%
Dark Symphony
No votes
Dark Melody
5%

Total votes: 19

JAAlberts
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by JAAlberts »

Thats the new one right? the first one about the five brothers right. I liked it too. All the stories in that book were good.
~*Jillian*~

'Just because you cant see it does't mean it's not there.'
Crystalbehr
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Crystalbehr »

I agree completely i really like the last one but mainly because the main characters name was LAncelot eewwwwwweeeee what a sexy name!! :D
Later Days!
Amber Eyes
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Amber Eyes »

I finally got motivated to raed these books and finished dark prince a while ago. I ordered the next three books, but they haven't arrived yet.

Anyway, what i wanna know is so far out of the series, which books would be the best ones? you know like recommended reading for a newbie :P lol. Apparently some are good and some aren't, so which ones would you recommend?

Suzanne
My AU dreamer fics:
The Auction Teen/Adult)
Angelic Fire (Mature/Adult)
Watching Clouds

JAAlberts
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by JAAlberts »

they are all good. but yes some of them are I would start at the begining and read them in order. They all have the other people from different books in them. Usually the one right before will say something about the next couple. Like you read Dark Prince, it said something about the people in Dark Desire. and then Desire mentions people in the next 4 books. Well... now that I think about it they all do that. Never mind :?

Just read them in order.
~*Jillian*~

'Just because you cant see it does't mean it's not there.'
Crystalbehr
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Crystalbehr »

I agree it's a better idea to read them in order but it is not necessary. I didn't read them in order becuase the first one I saw was Dark Prince. But after that I read them all over the place. It was also easier for me because I read them when they first started coming out. So which ever one grabs your intrest the most, read that one first.

some of them are not as good as the others/boring/dramatic in my opinion.
Later Days!
Amber Eyes
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Amber Eyes »

Hi, aorry, didn't know if yopu were addressing me in your replys. But if you were, yes its always good to read in order rather than randomly, but until I get to those books (since I'm reading them in order) which ones were your fave or very good for recommended reading?

For example, if we take the sherrilyn kenyon dark-hunter books, I loved all the dark-hunter books, yet after reading the latest one of Night play, I thought it was only an ok story. Understand? :D

Suzanne
My AU dreamer fics:
The Auction Teen/Adult)
Watching Clouds

Zendorox
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Zendorox »

Amber Eyes:

Since you and I seem to lean toward liking the same types of books....

Try Christine's new Ghostwalker series. She has out two books so far. Shadowgame and Mind Game. These are not vampire stories. They are about genetically engineered psychics. So far I've really liked them. I'm not a big vampire fan except for the Darkhunter series so I'm not real familiar with Christine's Dark series. But this Ghost series is good.

Zen
Amber Eyes
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Amber Eyes »

Hi Zendorox :D

I haven't read any of Christine's other books yet, I'm still trying to make my way through her Dark series. I bought the next 3 books (dark series)a few weeks ago, and for some reason my postman decided to deliver everything together even though the books were shipped on differnt dates. Hmm, could be why it took soooo long for them to arrive. They arrived this morning, I was half asleep and ecstatic at the same time cos I finally had my books!!!! Ah, the simplest things make me so cheerful for the rest of the day..... :mrgreen:

I might giver her other books a try after I've caught up with the dark series.

I still prefer Sherrilyn's dark-hunter series the best, but Christine's is just as good, though different from each other.

So the Ghostwalker series is about psychics? by the series title I would assume it to be uh about ghosts? lol :D

Take care.
Hugz

Suzanne
My AU dreamer fics:
The Auction Teen/Adult)
Watching Clouds

Zendorox
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Zendorox »

Amber Eyes wrote:I might giver her other books a try after I've caught up with the dark series.

So the Ghostwalker series is about psychics? by the series title I would assume it to be uh about ghosts? lol :D
The Dark series is something like 15 books isn't it? You gonna be busy!
I don't know, I read the first couple and didn't really care for them but then again, I don't normally care for Vampire books. The thing about the Darkhunters that suckered me in was #1 The Greek/Roman/etc mythology and #2 The sense of humor in those books. Particularly Nick :)

As for the Ghostwalkers, without giving too much away, they are humans with a twist. The have been genetically altered so that their PSI powers are very strong. They call them "ghostwalkers" because they can virtually move about without being seen by the power of their mind. If I tell you much more, it'll spoil the series :)

Well have fun!
Zen
Amber Eyes
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Amber Eyes »

15 books? :shock: My god, it'll take me ages!! lol, ah, well, winter is coming soon and there's nothing better than a nice book to cuddle up with on a cloudy day :)

I'm currently half way through the 2nd book, Jacques' story. His character has definately changed from when we first met him. But then again, being locked and buried alive for 7 years in a coffin would probably do that to a person. Understandable why he's lost his boyish mishievous humour from the first book.

Yeah, with the Sherri books, I love the way its combined with the greek mythology but making it modern. Heehee, hey, who doesn't love Nick!!

Hmm, I might give the Ghostwalker series a try, but I doubt its the style I'm into....

Hugz
Suzanne
My AU dreamer fics:
The Auction Teen/Adult)
Watching Clouds