Christine Feehan's Dark Series!

Trade your favorite books and authors here!

Moderators: singerchic4, Forum Moderators

Which is your favourite Dark book??

Dark Prince
11%
Dark Desire
16%
Dark Gold
No votes
Dark Magic
11%
Dark Challenge
No votes
Dark Fire
5%
Dark Legend
26%
Dark Guardian
26%
Dark Symphony
No votes
Dark Melody
5%

Total votes: 19

wild_child_uk
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Christine Feehan's Dark Series!

Post by wild_child_uk »

Ohmygod does anyone else read these books??? You all should be! :wink:

If you do... which is you fav one and why??

Mine has to be Dark Guardian, because Lucian is rockin! :wink: I could go into tons more detail but I want feedback!!!! :lol:

Ooo and Dark hmmmm can't think.. :? that's gonna bug me but it's the one with Darius in.. Dark Fire! That's it!

Ok tell me what you guys think!
:!: :!: :!:
SARAH :roll:
EVE: Man. God. Roarke.
ROARKE: An interesting and flattering lineup.
~Purity in Death

http://sarahatracey.bebo.com
dreamangel
Addicted Roswellian

Post by dreamangel »

I prefer Dark Legend, as Gabriel is awesome, and it introduces Skyler, who is my favorite character (I can't wait for her and Dimitri's book). I also like the stories with the Dark Troubadours, they're fun.
"That which is loved is always beautiful." - Norwegian Proverb
Snowdove30
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Snowdove30 »

I LOVE all of the DARK books. Lucian is my favorite because of what he did for Gabriel. He sacrificed and endured so much simply to keep his brother from turning until his lifemate was found.

I can't wait to read Dark Melody with Dayan :D

If you enjoy these books, also check out Shirlynn Kenyon's Dark Hunter series :wink:
"Destiny is overrated; The future is what we make of it...."
Jezebel Jinx
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Jezebel Jinx »

My favorite Dark book would have to be the first one I read and that's Dark Legend.

But I love Dark Desire, Dark Fire, Dark Guardian, and Dark Symphony
Sig made by AngelFaith
My Fics
Ships: Bangel~Spuffy~Polar~Jumper~Drifter~X-tremer~Awakened Dreamer~Catfighter~Naley~Rogan~Liason~Chilly~Delena~Sebasthryn~Ezria~Jaylee
CandyDreamQueen
Addicted Roswellian

Post by CandyDreamQueen »

I read the Dark series. It is my favorite series after the Dark-Hunter series of course. Which is kinda strange cause I actually started reading the Dark series first. Anyway, my favorite one is Dark Legend, although I do like Dark Melody too. But My favorite Carpathian is Mikhail.
Amber Eyes
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Amber Eyes »

I've come across these books on the internet, but haven't really been motivated to buy or read them, there's so many of them out there, its like where do you start? lol.

Can someone be kind enough to give me a storyline/synopsis of what they're about? I do read the Sherrilyn Kenyon books (great books!) is the Christine Feehan ones similar?

Suzanne
My AU dreamer fics:
The Auction Teen/Adult)
Angelic Fire (Mature/Adult)
Watching Clouds

CandyDreamQueen
Addicted Roswellian

Post by CandyDreamQueen »

First of all let me just say that I read the Dark-Hunter series too and I think that it is just great! But that’s another thread.

Anyway here is the story. The Dark series is a book about these vampires that are called Carpathians. They are not really vampires though, but they do have to consume blood. But they do not have to kill their victims and they have the power to make the person forget the encounter. They can shape shift into any different animals and mist. The animals that they take the form of most of the time is wolf or owl. They can also control the weather. They can stay out in the sunlight for while if they ware sunglasses.

So the story line is that they are a race of people that are dying out because there are not many women. The males need life mates in order to survive because after 200 years of life they lose all of their feelings, and can no longer see in color. After not being able to have feelings for so long they have to fight the desire to turn into a vampire. For this to happen they have to kill while they feed. If they become a vampire they are then hunted by more Carpathians. Which is really sad because they are hunted by those who were once there friends and even family. Most of their babies do not make it to term or they die within there first year of life. BUT. They have discovered that they can also become life mates with women who possess physic abilities. Which is the theme of most of the books.

The first book is about the prince of the Carpathians who is the oldest living Carpathian that is known of at the time but later own in the series we find out that there are a few older Carpathians whom were sent out by Mikhail’s father to hunt vampires. I do not think that there are novels about these Carpathians but I know that there are some anthologies about them. And there may be one novel.

I like the series because the love that the life mates share is very intense. There is only one life mate for each Carpathian and they are very protective of them. I do not think that I would do it justice if I described it now but here is the website that tells you all about them. I really love the series.www.christinefeehan.com

There is know real order that you should read the books in but here is the best order to read the book if you want to understand who most of the characters are. There is also a family tree that is in some of the later printed books. It is also available on the website. Here’s the link just in case you can’t find it. http://www.christinefeehan.com/familytree.htm

Dark Prince
Dark Desire
Dark Gold
Dark Magic
Dark Challenge
Dark Fire
Dark Dream (After Twilight, Anthology)
Dark Legend
Dark Guardian
Dark Symphony
Dark Descent (The Only One, Anthology)
Dark Melody
Dark Destiny
Dark Hunger (Hot-Blooded Anthology, release September 2004)
Dark Secret (Released 2005)

There are a few Anthologies in between but it dose not really matter what order you read those in.

She also has a new series that has just started this year I think or maybe the end of last year, but I think that it was this year.

There are only two books in the series thus far.

Shadow Game
Mind Game
Night Game (released November 2005)

This series is about some people that were involved in some experiments that have made them incredibly physic. I think that they are called Ghost Walkers.

And there are some more books that she writes that are about these Jaguar or leopard people, I can not remember which one but I think that it may be both. I think that they have an official name but I can not remember what it is. All of this is on the website. The first story if I’m not mistaken is in a novella called Fantasy. And there is a complete novel called Wild Rain

I know that this is a lot of info, but I hopes that it helps you. I’ll also PM it to you.
Crystalbehr
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Crystalbehr »

I LOVE DARK LEGEND!!!

i don't like dark desire for real. but that's just me.
Later Days!
JAAlberts
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by JAAlberts »

I love the Dark books. Dark Fire is my fave one although they are all so great. I have everyone. I am there at the book store the day that the new one comes out. :mrgreen:

~*Jillian*~
Crystalbehr
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Crystalbehr »

Have you read Dark Hunger ? I liked it
Later Days!