Sherrilyn Kenyon - Dark Hunter's Series

Trade your favorite books and authors here!

Moderators: singerchic4, Forum Moderators

Zendorox
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Zendorox »

Mrs.Dude wrote:SPOILERS!!!

Yeah, I know what you mean. And wasnt he kind of hypocritical of himself? He said that the downfall of the DHs back in Unleash the Night was that they were betrayed. Isn’t that what he’s doing? And have you read Nick’s new Dark Hunter profile? This is part of what is says:
He reached out to Artemis only to be betrayed yet again. Now he is technically a Dark-Hunter and technically not. Unlike the others of his kind, his soul is held by his mortal enemy.
I assume they are talking about Ash? But I wonder what it means by 'technically' a dark hunter. And his DH mark is on his face this must have something to do with The first part about being betrayed by Artemis too.
Yeah... everything you said. LOL. That's why at the end of this last book, I went back and re-read the others. I just couldn't wrap my brain around where all this was coming from. After I read DSoTM, I was scratching my head thinking, "I must have missed something HUGE somewhere."

When I look at the facts...

1. We know Ash holds Nick's soul.
2. He did reach out to Artemis to make him a DarkHunter so he could go after who killed his mom.
3. His mom getting killed was Ash sticking his foot in his own mouth in anger. Ash's bad there.
4. In all the previous books Nick HATED dameons.

I figure the "him being a DH but not" must have something to do with
a:) he killed himself to become a DH???
b:) he's gone over to the darkside???

His mark being on his face completely baffles me. And the "to be betrayed yet again" I am lost on. By who? Ash because he would train him? Ash/Artie because he didn't get his vengence?
The Lurkers Creed:
'Tis better to remain silent and be thought a fool ...
... Than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.
Zanssoulmate08
Addicted Roswellian
Location: In my happy place, entertaining myself with shiny objects.

Post by Zanssoulmate08 »

See I have a little theory here: ya know how the DH's are always saying that they were more fun-loving and happy when that were alive? And how Raveyn sais that what Nick was feeling was normal? Well, I have this wierd thought that Nick should hook up with a grown-up Marrissa. He and Ash would be forced to get over their differences and with his soul back...Nick would be Nick again. Wishful thinking, I know. :roll:

-Sarah

Once upon a time in a faraway kingdom,
Man made up a story, said that I should believe him.
Go and tell your white knight that he’s handsome in hindsight,
But I don’t want the next best thing.
So I sing, I hold my head down, and I break these walls ’round me.
Can’t take no more of your fairytale love.
Amber Eyes
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Amber Eyes »

Hi,

Has anyone read the new Dream-Hunter book that's out? Arik and Megeara's story.

What did you think of it? I thought it was pretty good, but the whole timeline of when the book was set kinda threw me a little at the end, you know cos I've read the other books and times have moved on a bit from when the Dream-Hunter was set.
My AU dreamer fics:
The Auction Teen/Adult)
Angelic Fire (Mature/Adult)
Watching Clouds

TessHardingEvans
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by TessHardingEvans »

I am also one of her new readers. I just baught Fanatcy Lover and I can't wait to read it. The first time i got introduced to her books was actually a fanfic. It is called The Key, Dark Hunter and the Link and it can be found at http://www.tth.com. it is a Buffy the vampire Slayer crossover site. That fic is awesome. I can't wait to read the other books too
Rebels Rule
CandyDreamQueen
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Sherrilyn Kenyon - Dark Hunter's Series

Post by CandyDreamQueen »

How excited is everyone that it is finally the year of Acheron? Bout time.

So For the better part of last year I was picking my brain trying to find more clues on who Ash's girl is. All we know is that her name has the letter A in it (correct me if I'm wrong but wasnt this clue orginaly her name STARTED with the letter A?) and that she was made mention of in The Dream Hunter. (and wasnt this clue orignaly she was going to BE one of the women in The Dream Hunter?) If she is one of the girls from TDH it explains the strange time line if she is one of the younger girls. Since Sherri's books take place in real time it would now be more than ten years later so she would be old enough for Ash...I guess, if you can say what old enough is for and 11thousand year old.

Anyway is it me or have the last couple of books been kinda...eh.

I HATED Devil May Cry. Sin was such a dunder head. He just seemed like a super himbo. And I've never really liked Kat to begin with. She just seemed so "Super Bitch" which I can understand why she would be so powerful now, (btw,saw that coming and I gotta say I am not pleased by it) I HATE Artimis! I hate Super Himbo and I Hate Super Bitch. AND to top it all off, I wasnt too fond of Ash in this story either.

And that Christmas Dream Hunter one..OMG could the main character guy, I don't remember his name, have been any more of a whinning baby? I mean god! Not to mention I just found it hard to believe that EVERYONE he knew, his friends, his brother, his nephew, his girlfriend, were all such evil bitches and bastards JUST because they were jelous of his fame, or whatever the hell the reason was. Their actions and some of the stuff they said to him just had me going "Oh please, come on. No one is that flipping mean to their family."

What's worse is that even though his people wronged him and all, he was so damn bitter about it I found myself not even being able to feel sorry for him. I am ashamed to admit this, but this is the only book by Sherri that I was not able to finish and it's short! Which is actually the best thing about the book. Oh but I will say this, I loved that little special story thing at the end. That was good. It felt more good old Sherri. I LOVE Amy and Fang. And I love Striker for some really odd reason. lol

I have to admit I did like the last dream hunter book, but I think it was because we got to see some of the characters I knew since they were finally back in New Orleans. But the main character guy totaly pulled a super 360. He goes from being all mean and rude to being Mr. OMG I'm so in love with you. ...crazy. But I still enjoyed it more than I have the last couple of books so hats off to it.

I wish she would stop writing about all these people we DONT KNOW and stick with the characters that have been intorduced in the story already, I think one of the main things that make these last few books different from the first ones are that the first books were all written about characters that we were introdcued to in previous books and knew and love. These last few books have been about people I don't know and don't really care about.

We hard Kyrian then Talon, who we met in Kyrian's book, then Zerek, who we met inTalon's book, then Wulf, who we met in Talon's book, then Vane, who we met in Talon's book, then Valarious, who we met in Talon's book. Then all of a sudden we've got Danger and Alexion, who we have never met. Then we have Wren who we've met before. Then here comes Ravvin and Susan, nope don't know them. Then oh crap it's time for all these Dream Hunters we DONT KNOW! UGH.

I mean...Can we stick to the forumla, where's Jess's book, how about Fang and Amy? What about some of our loveable squires? Or how about that guy that gave Zarek that snowmobil when he was fighting Thanatos? Something! I wouldnt even mind reading about some of the bad guys, but no. I get all these characters that I don't care about. And on top of all of that. The chemistry between characters in these last few books have been not nearly as good as the chemistry of the characters in the first couple of books.

But on a better note, I remember reading somewhere that after Asheron the next books are going to be about Fang and Amy. Yeah I love them! and then after that it's going to be Striker, who I also love. His story is going to be interesting since he's like...a villian. I still love him though.

Anyway I guess this is the end of my DH rant.

<<<Candice>>>
CandyDreamQueen
Addicted Roswellian

Post by CandyDreamQueen »

Acheron was SOOOOOOOO good.

I won’t say that it was 100% perfect in everyway but I can say that even with the issues I had with the book, as a whole I still loved it.

I think it was one of the few awaited books that actually answered all the questions I wanted to know about Ash, and best of all it was consistent to the previous dark hunter books.

DO not skip or skim the first 500 pages. I know alot of people are doing that but reading it is so worth it. It is sad and it is heart wrenching but it is beautifully written. Honestly I liked this part of the book more than I like the actual love story part.

And yes the love story section could have been longer, but I'm pleased with it as well. All in all this was a wonderful book that made me run the gamut of emotion from sad and crying to happy and laughing. It has also restored my faith in the DH series and I cannot wait to read about Striker and his ex wife (If she is Urians mother that is going to be sooooooooo interesting to read about.) and of course I am dieing to read about Fang and Amiee.

Every read this as soon as possible.

<<<Candice>>>
pijeechinadoll
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by pijeechinadoll »

LOL JUST FOUND THIS THREAD

i love the dark hunter series the first book i ever got Fantasy Lover with it's red cheesy book cover. i brought it from the charity shop. but i hooked when i started reading it.

So i started collecting the rest of the books LOL THANK GOD THEY CHANGED THE BOOK COVERS THOUGH. hehe they don't look too bad on my book shelf now ^^ :lol:
♥LUv roSWEll♥lOvE MaX eVAns♥LoVe Liz PaRKeR♥luV bEiNg a DrEamR♥LuV FANFICS♥
xoxoxox
To see a World in a Grain of Sand,And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand, And Eternity in an hour
(william blake)
pijeechinadoll
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by pijeechinadoll »

PS: i havent read archeron yet its only just recently come out in the uk. i need to go buy it ^^ but im skint :cry:
xoxoxox
(william blake)
pijeechinadoll
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by pijeechinadoll »

okay im not sure if anyone has posted this, but here is the full list.
Dark-Hunter series

The Dark-Hunters are immortal warriors pledged to the Greek goddess Artemis and dedicated to defending mankind against Daimons (vampires) and other assorted enemies: including a couple of rogue gods and goddesses.

01. Fantasy Lover
02. The Beginning (also in the back of Sins of the Night early print editions)
03. Dragonswan (in the anthology Tapestry)
04. Night Pleasures
05. Night Embrace
06. Phantom Lover (in the anthology Midnight Pleasures)
07. Dance with the Devil
08. A Dark-Hunter Christmas (also in the back of Dance with the Devil)
09. Kiss of the Night
10. Night Play
11. Winter Born (in the anthology Stroke of Midnight)
12. Seize the Night
13. Sins of the Night
14. Second Chances (in Exclusive Dark-Hunter Collectible Booklet)
15. Unleash the Night
16. Dark Side of the Moon
17. A Hard Day's Night-Searcher (in the anthology My Big Fat Supernatural Wedding)
18. Until Death We Do Part (in the anthology Love At First Bite)
19. Fear the Darkness (free ebook)
20. The Dream-Hunter
21. Devil May Cry
22. Upon the Midnight Clear
23. The Dark-Hunter Companion, co-author Alethea Kontis
24. Dream Chaser
25. Acheron
26. One Silent Night
27. Shadow of the Moon (in the anthology Dead After Dark)
28. Dream Warrior
29. Bad Moon Rising

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
happy reading lol
xoxoxox
(william blake)