Sherrilyn Kenyon - Dark Hunter's Series

Trade your favorite books and authors here!

Moderators: singerchic4, Forum Moderators

CandyDreamQueen
Addicted Roswellian

Post by CandyDreamQueen »

Ella1022 wrote:It wasn't that she was out of character it's just now we are getting to see more of her character remember she's more animal than human. We saw some of the human side of her in other books but now we are seeing more of her true nature where's she's a mother bear doing anything to protect her cubs from what she see's as intruders.
I don’t know, I see what you mean, but I just recently re-read Night Play and she was definitely more…nice. At least that how it seemed. She just seemed like a motherly loving type, but in this book she seemed borderline malevolent and it only really seemed to be towards Wren.

I guess it just sort of came as a shock to see her true colors if that’s what they were intended to be, but it really made me see her in a different light.
Amber Eyes
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Amber Eyes »

I finally finished Unleash the Night (took me 2 days to complete) and I my take on why Lo was acting the way she was, was maybe she only tolerated the situation with everyone, (for the sake of keeping the peace, and hey she doesn't have to like it) but with Wren it was kinda like an excuse to get it all out in the open. After all weren't they all afraid of him?

And it is her home after all.
My AU dreamer fics:
The Auction Teen/Adult)
Angelic Fire (Mature/Adult)
Watching Clouds

CandyDreamQueen
Addicted Roswellian

I just finished Sword of Darkness! It’s the very first Lords of Avalon book. I loved it. Isnt the cover pretty lol. I just love the way Sherri quoted herself on the front of the book. That's was so awesome!
majiklmoon
Addicted Roswellian

Post by majiklmoon »

out of this world wrote:Ok I have been coming to this site for 2 1/2 years and did not know about this thread ahhh what is wrong with me :?: :roll:

Anyhow I just got the book Night Play from a friend. I could not put it down all weekend. My, My, My Vane. I want more. Gosh he was so good to read.

I was wondering if anybody else had suggestion on where to read from here? Any kind of order?

Just let me know :)

Carol:)
ALL of them :lol:
starlady
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by starlady »

Anyone else disappointed that the new book in the Dark Hunter Series will be published in Hard Cover?

When you have a series that is this long it's a pity that the author would allow to have her fans submitted to a higher price.

I know it's really great for Kenyon to move to a differnt market but it still irks to have to wait for the book in PB.

~S
Visit My Reading Blog: Reading Journal
Visit HoshiDreams' Anime Blog: HoshiDream's Anime
tiredmuse
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by tiredmuse »

starlady wrote:Anyone else disappointed that the new book in the Dark Hunter Series will be published in Hard Cover?

When you have a series that is this long it's a pity that the author would allow to have her fans submitted to a higher price.

I know it's really great for Kenyon to move to a differnt market but it still irks to have to wait for the book in PB.

~S
I can be of the same mind. While I want my fav authors to be successful, I hate shelling out 30 bucks to read a new book or having to wait for the paperback.

I love Nora Roberts, but I hate having to pay for her JD Robb books in hardcover.

And now it seems I'm gonna have to do the same with SK.

Well, it is a good sign at least. If her publishers think that she can sell in HC than we now we're gonna have more books at least. :wink:

I have come undone... Obsidian

My rambles...

Take a walk on the wildside... polarattraction.net
CandyDreamQueen
Addicted Roswellian

Ahh I’m so excited! I magically managed to snag a copy of Dark Side of the Moon from the library today!! That’s right, the library!!! I will be reading it tonight. Cant wait!! There was also ONE copy at my neighborhood Borders. It was 20 bucks but it was 30% off.

<<<Candice>>>
CandyDreamQueen
Addicted Roswellian

I finished Dark Side of the Moon. I really loved Ravyn and Susana They were soooo sarcastic. Well that's about all I can say without bursting out and spilling the beans. Everyone read it!

<<<Candice>>>
Zendorox
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Zendorox »

I just finished Dark Side Of The Moon. I borrowed it, until it comes out in paperback. I NEVER buy hardcover books ... ever. Too big and they weigh more when you have to move and ship them :)

I liked it, best book out of the last three she's released IMHO.

SPOILERS!!!

I'm curious if anyone else was bothered by this new Nick?

Just to make sure I remembered what happened correctly, I went back and re-read "Seize The Night". And I re-read all the Nick scenes in "Sins Of The Night" and "Unleash The Night".

To me at least, this new Nick came out of left field. I never got any vibes in the previous books that he wanted to seriously kill Ash. Yeah he said it in passing thought at the end of "Unleash The Night" but it was the typical, sarcastic "Nick" way, not this new angry, bitter, cold Nick. If that made any sense :P

I could see Nick going after Ash, or doing everything in his power to annoy Ash for the rest of eternity, but going over to the "dark side"??? Nah, I have a hard time swallowing that one.

I'll be interested to see where she goes with this.

Zen
The Lurkers Creed:
'Tis better to remain silent and be thought a fool ...
... Than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.
ChadslilHottie
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by ChadslilHottie »

SPOILERS!!!

Yeah, I know what you mean. And wasnt he kind of hypocritical of himself? He said that the downfall of the DHs back in Unleash the Night was that they were betrayed. Isn’t that what he’s doing? And have you read Nick’s new Dark Hunter profile? This is part of what is says:
He reached out to Artemis only to be betrayed yet again. Now he is technically a Dark-Hunter and technically not. Unlike the others of his kind, his soul is held by his mortal enemy.
I assume they are talking about Ash? But I wonder what it means by 'technically' a dark hunter. And his DH mark is on his face this must have something to do with The first part about being betrayed by Artemis too.