Looking for books!

Trade your favorite books and authors here!

Moderators: singerchic4, Forum Moderators

simplyshiny
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Looking for books!

Post by simplyshiny »

Ok, I dont know about you guys, but I am always remembering books i read as a child, but never remembering the titles, and rarely characters names, I actually posted on several other forums about books i was looking for in the past, but rarely found answers, so I thought I'd try here, and other people could help too...

First book Im thinking of takes place in an Irish boarding school and takes place during world war two and they think their school is haunted. I dont remember much, just something about the ghost was a girl who jumped off the roof, and a scene in which there is a air raid, and they all go down to the basement, and one of the girls, who shaves her eye brows then draws them on looks like a "fish"....thats what i remember most vividly, lol

and the second one is about a girl who was kidnapped by a mentally handicap man who thinks shes his sister (who really died in the same car accident that left him handicap)

and ACTUALLY a third book I was going to ask about, I remembered, because I remembered that it was written by 'P.S. I Love You' author Cecelia Ahern, and is called 'Rosie Dunne' also takes place in Ireland and is told through letters, e-mails and notes, is a love story and very cute about two best friends, Rosie and Alex, who are inseparable till high school when Alex moves to Boston, Rosie is supposed to visit and go to college in Boston to be with him, but gets pregnant. Sweet story, but very annoying near misses and love connections. I unfortunately think I gave the book to half-priced-books (when I thought I could actually get money from that crock) but does have some nify Irish slang that I never defined and always meant to
Thanks Singerchic4!!
Mamma Mia! Michael and Maria!
Watch my Candy Video!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-D719jj_1eg
R.I.P. Precious Gem
Break the Silence
http://www.ovarian.org/
irish_girl
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: Looking for books!

Post by irish_girl »

Hey simplyshiny! I don't know about the other books but I have read the one by Cecelia Ahern, it's actually called Where Rainbows End (at least in Ireland :-P), its a brilliant book! Reminded me of Roswell fanfiction! I'm always trying to find good books to read but I can never find any that beat or even match the stories on here! If you have any suggestions for me send them my way! :mrgreen: