Eclipse

Trade your favorite books and authors here!

Moderators: singerchic4, Forum Moderators

orphyfets
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Eclipse

Post by orphyfets »

Has anyone read it so far??
and what is all your take on it??
I love it....
I like how Jake was in this one...
Any ideas of what could happen for the last book?

Stefanie
Blessed Be!
Gidget2
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Gidget2 »

Oh boy my response will be quite long...
:lol:

I just finished reading it earlier today. And although I don't consider myself a Jacob hater I couldn't help but be thoroughly annoyed with him. I felt that he wasn't the Jacob everyone had grown to love, he acted rashly, was obnoxious and down right cruel to Edward.

He even crossed the line when he kissed Bella the first time, never took into consideration that she didn't want to at that moment. And then in the scene where he was going to go off and fight and never "return" Jacob knew that Bella wanted no harm to come to him because he was still in her eyes her best friend and it came off to me as manipulation. Bella had to ask him to come back and kiss her if she wanted him safe.

And to say that I was heartbroken when she did infact realize she too loved Jacob is an understatement. I was down right pissed, aggravated, and just every negative emotion I was capable of surfaced. Because in my mind she had done one thing that I thought she'd never do, she had given a piece of her heart if not all to someone who was not Edward.

Edward's character has been question, even degraded since he left Bella in New Moon, which I find to be ridiculous. He left Bella to protect her, to let her live her life, to find some other semblance of happiness. He'd rather live forever suffering and in pain alone, just to know that she was safe, happy even. Which was proved even further in Eclipse.

1. Edward was fine (after sometime) letting Bella see Jacob, because he'd rather see her happy than in pain from loss of her best friend.

2. In the tent Edward said he would let her go and be with Jacob if that's what she wanted. As much as it would pain him to do so.

3. He said he'd never hurt Jacob because it would hurt Bella.

4. His constant self sacrifice in Eclipse for the happiness, contentment and safety of Bella.

Etc.

Edward was never about his wants but about hers.

And although in the end Bella did choose Edward it wasnt before she had professed her love to Jacob, told him that she wanted the live he could giver her "sooo bad", but her choice had already been made for her. She made it seem as if she had no other choice but to pick Edward. Not because she loved him or wanted him more, but because she needed to.

That left things very unresolved for me.

I felt Edward's love for her was even greater than what she had for him.
He never had eyes for anyone but her.
Didn't want anyone but her.
And we know this through his actions and words.

But what about Bella?
She loved someone else.
She wanted someone else.

Her actions came off as being somewhat selfish, she knew what she did would hurt Edward/Jacob and yet she did them anyway.

She even said that she wished she could seperate the Bella for Edward and the Bella for Jacob. And in my eyes if Bella can't love Edward with as a whole she doesn't deserve him.

And poor Jacob in the end... I might have disliked him here and there but I never wanted him to be in sooo much pain after all things were said and done.

I have so many more things to say about this book but I'll leave it alone for now.

The book in and of it self was great read, definitely a rollarcoaster of emotions.
"We come to love not by finding a perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly." - Sam Keen
Alison: I want the shirt that says 'I don't have A.D.D....Ooooo look a chiken!'

Me: Where? Where? (turns head from left to right)
dreamerfrvrp3
Addicted Roswellian

Post by dreamerfrvrp3 »

I only have one thing to say.

I HATE JACOB!
dreamerfrvrp3
Addicted Roswellian

Post by dreamerfrvrp3 »

alizaleven wrote:Awww!! I think Jacob is adorable!!

OH MY GOD! NO! lol

He was so incredibly selfish, all he cared about were his feelings! He got in the way! I mean come on people its Bella and Edward! Not Bella and Jacob! Plus vampires are much better than werewolves.
out of this world
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by out of this world »

I been reading this book and I have to say that I understand Jacob cause he fell for her when she was down when Edward was gone, however, he is going to have to think about the story he told bella about Sam and Leah. How there is no control over who you imprint with. If bella and him did get together that there is a chance he see his imprinted mate then what happens to bella? she would be back to what happen with edward in New Moon. So I think that bella is making the right decision by staying with Edward.
Also, is it my imagination or is bella having second thoughts on becoming like Edward. Or is she thinking about taking more time? Just some thoughts on that would be great:)
guelbebek
Addicted Roswellian

Re:

Post by guelbebek »

out of this world wrote:I been reading this book and I have to say that I understand Jacob cause he fell for her when she was down when Edward was gone, however, he is going to have to think about the story he told bella about Sam and Leah. How there is no control over who you imprint with. If bella and him did get together that there is a chance he see his imprinted mate then what happens to bella? she would be back to what happen with edward in New Moon. So I think that bella is making the right decision by staying with Edward.
Also, is it my imagination or is bella having second thoughts on becoming like Edward. Or is she thinking about taking more time? Just some thoughts on that would be great:)
and we read about who his imprinted mate is :lol: that twist, i loved it. i didnt like the books very much, but that, that was just hilarious!! (I dont wanna spoil someone, you everyone who already read the last book know what i mean :lol: )
Roswell 4th Season in German! 17 Episodes are online. (Update 25/08)

My Authors Page
German Roswell Fictions
girl afraid
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Re:

Post by girl afraid »

guelbebek wrote:and we read about who his imprinted mate is :lol: that twist, i loved it. i didnt like the books very much, but that, that was just hilarious!! (I dont wanna spoil someone, you everyone who already read the last book know what i mean :lol: )
Hahahaha, that part was so cringeworthy. I get annoyed with all the Twilight books because I can't see what Edward or Jacob see in Bella.
it's better to rise than fade away.
Cocogurl
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Eclipse

Post by Cocogurl »

Edward wasn't much better in Eclipse. He was such a controlling douche in that one. I mean, he's always been a bit controlling when it came to Bella, but this book really showcased just how controlling he was.
Earth2Mama
Obsessed Roswellian
Location: On Moya, keeping an eye on Aeryn because Crichton is MINE!

Post by Earth2Mama »

Team Jacob.

TOTALLY.

:D
Winner - Best Feedbacker Award Round 6
Winner – Funniest Feedbacker & Most Helpful Fanatic Award Round 14
Winner - Most Thought-Provoking Feedbacker Award Round 15

made by April :D

4-ever a lamptrimming, stargazing, candy-hearted dreamer!

Tumblr- elliesinwonderland | YouTube - Earth2Mother
behrlyliz
Addicted Roswellian

Post by behrlyliz »

I was always Team Edward for Bella and Team Jacob for myself.
Team Framing Hanley
My Fics~My Challenges~My Space