John Irving

Trade your favorite books and authors here!

Moderators: singerchic4, Forum Moderators

M&M<3
Enthusiastic Roswellian

John Irving

Post by M&M<3 »

Has anyone read anything by John Irving?

Kyle : Great. So Michael's the boss-man? Think he'll offer a benefits plan? ...I for one am panicking here. I love the guy, but I don't want to be a member of any club where he's the leader.
~Ruby~
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by ~Ruby~ »

I've read A Widow for One Year by John Irving.
M&M<3
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by M&M<3 »

I LOVE THAT BOOK!!! It wa amazing did you watch the movie the door in th floor? It's based on the first part of the book when Ruth is a child and it's one of the best movies I've ever seen!

Kyle : Great. So Michael's the boss-man? Think he'll offer a benefits plan? ...I for one am panicking here. I love the guy, but I don't want to be a member of any club where he's the leader.
clueless
Addicted Roswellian

Post by clueless »

I read his book a Prayer for Owen Meany in my english class and its a wonderful book.
M&M<3
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by M&M<3 »

That one was good too they made into a movie which was Simon Birch but the book was way better but isnt that the way it always is lol

~Ruby~
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by ~Ruby~ »

M&M<3 wrote:I LOVE THAT BOOK!!! It wa amazing did you watch the movie the door in th floor? It's based on the first part of the book when Ruth is a child and it's one of the best movies I've ever seen!
I have seen the movie and I thought it was pretty good. I enjoyed watching it. The first part of the book was probably my favorite part although I did enjoy learning what happened to the boys. Can't remember when that happened though. Gah, its been so long since I read the book or even saw the film.

I haven't read any of his other books. Any recs?
M&M<3
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by M&M<3 »

A prayer for own meany is really good and have you seen the movie the cider house rules? the movie was bad but the book was amazing. Oh and the world accoring to Garp is amazing. Oh and his newest one Until I find you is the best a little twisted but its really good. lol I know I just recommed everything he wrote but there all really good

~Ruby~
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by ~Ruby~ »

Okay, I'll check them out. Maybe suggest one of them to my book club or just slap them all on my reading list for this year. Thanks for the recs.
pure_spunk
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by pure_spunk »

I've read 'The World According to Garp'. A little weird, but quite funny once you get a feel for John Irving's sense of humor. Still cringe at the biting off the penis scene though....
M&M<3
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by M&M<3 »

That is one of my favorite books by him I resently got the movie not as good but I liked it. I kinda have a twisted mind too I think thats why I like his books so much lol