jodi picoult?

Trade your favorite books and authors here!

Moderators: singerchic4, Forum Moderators

pLANETv33n3ss
Enthusiastic Roswellian

jodi picoult?

Post by pLANETv33n3ss »

i'm a huge fan of jodi picoult's "the pact"
i've also read "mercy" and am planning 2 get around to "my sisters keeper"
ne1 else a fan?
rwllmn
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by rwllmn »

omg i love her books! "the pact" was great and i have read "my sister's keeper" like five times. "vanishing acts" was also pretty good.

i've been wanting to read "the tenth circle" but i'm waiting for it to come out in paperback to i can acutally buy it!
DreamerLaure
Addicted Roswellian

Jodi Picoult!

Post by DreamerLaure »

She is one of my favorite contemporary authors. I read My Sister's Keeper last year and loved it; I keep rereading certain parts of it. I read The Tenth Circle last month and I loved it too; I do have to warn you though that the subject matter of that book is very intense. It's intense in a good way, though. I'm not sure that any other author could have approached it as well as Jodi Picoult.
"The expected is just the beginning. The unexpected is what changes our lives."
Meredith - Grey's Anatomy
rwllmn
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by rwllmn »

i've read part of the tenth circle at the bookstore so i know what you're talking about dreamer-laure. i got about 50 or so pages into it. i'm really interested in where she's going to take it especially with the parents.

i loved my sister's keeper as i already said, it was such a great book.

i've been wanting to read plain truth since i found out they made a tv movie about it but never got around to it...
"...even the worst most intractable mistake beats the hell out of never trying." Meredith Grey
DreamerLaure
Addicted Roswellian

Tenth Circle/Pact

Post by DreamerLaure »

Yep, you got the right feeling from reading it. Picoult does a great job at exploring parent-child relationships, and Tenth Circle was not an exception from this. It showed the intensity of a parent's love - how far a parent will go to protect their child. I haven't read The Pact yet and I've always heard such wonderful things about it that I am eager to get a copy myself.
"The expected is just the beginning. The unexpected is what changes our lives."
Meredith - Grey's Anatomy
pLANETv33n3ss
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by pLANETv33n3ss »

since i last posted i've read my sister's keeper, plain truth, picture perfect and i've reread the pact,
i have to say the pact is still my favourite but it is the first one i read so....
i just love her writing style and (being a teen myself) just how accurate her characters can be, considering how crazy the plot lines can get
M&M<3
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by M&M<3 »

I love jodi picoult!! I read The Pact and My Sister's Keeper and both I cried! I have a couple of her other books I just haven't gotten around to reading them. But I think she's amazing!

Kyle : Great. So Michael's the boss-man? Think he'll offer a benefits plan? ...I for one am panicking here. I love the guy, but I don't want to be a member of any club where he's the leader.
rwllmn
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by rwllmn »

well i just read picture perfect and it was published in 1995 and compared to her other books i think she has really grown as writer.

i didn't really get into picture perfect but there were some pages that were written just perfect.

and i just recently read the tenth circle and i think it ties with my sister's keeper as my favorite. the tenth cirlce just blew me away, it was gut retching and honest and so wonderfully written...

i'm thinking about reading nineteen mintues next, has anyone read that one?
"...even the worst most intractable mistake beats the hell out of never trying." Meredith Grey
Oz
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Oz »

I have read all of Jodi's books (okay, technically I'm still reading her latest - 'Nineteen Minutes'), and I have to say that 'The Pact', which is the first one I read, is still my favourite.

I love the way she writes about issues such as suicide, rape, school shootings etc, which I would generally avoid like the plague, but she shows how these events affect everybody involved, rather than merely describing the eventual court case.

I went to an author's talk that she gave when in Australia and she is such an amimated speaker - especially with her story about her son's reaction to reading the last chapter of 'My Sister's Keeper' (which included slamming the door on her face and refusing to speak to her!). Also the ghost-chasing she did as research for 'Second Glance' - using some of her experiences from that night as material for her book (including finding pennies placed around a child's crib five minutes after having last checked the room).

I can't wait for her next offering...
"Do you see what we’ve done?
We’ve gone and made such fools of ourselves..."
Paramore - Decode