Books for teens

Trade your favorite books and authors here!

Moderators: singerchic4, Forum Moderators

BoredDaze
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Books for teens

Post by BoredDaze »

I'm a fan of books about teens, you know, high school, first crush, first broken heart and so on (Sounds cheesy, I know! :roll: ), but the problem is that there aren't many books like these published in the country I come from. I thought that this thread may be a great place where people can talk about their favourite books for teenagers

Let me start...
Has anyone read "Pretty things" by Sara Manning? I like this book very, very much, but more then the book I love Walker's character. He's sarcastic, funny, and completely misunderstood by other people - I love it how the growing love he feels for Daisy changes him.

And BTW,
I wanted to ask if any of you lovely people doesn't happen to have Sarah Dessen's books ( "Dreamland", "How To Deal", "This Lullaby", "Someone like you", "Keeping The Moon", "That Summer") on your computers...?
I really want to read her books, but I only found "The Truth About Forever" and since her books weren't published in the country I come from I can't buy them (Sure, I could buy them through the internet, but it would cost me a fortune :? ).

There are many other authors writing books for teens I can't seem to find, but there's a lot of that. So, if you have Sarah Dessen's books please pm me and I will gladly give you my e-mail address so you can send them to me. Pretty please...?

So now, what are your fav books for teens?
ISLANDGIRL5
Forum Moderator

Post by ISLANDGIRL5 »

I love the Lurlene McDaniels books. She's an amazingly gifted writer that has a way of pulling you in emotionally. Her One Last Wish books were the ones I started with, and the very first one I remember reading was Someone Dies, Someone Lives. My very favorite one, though, and one I'll reccomend to anyone is Don't Die My Love. AMAZING book.

Another good author is Ann Rinaldi. She writes time-period books. My two favorites of hers are Time Enough for Drums, and The Last Silk Dress.
Not sure which country you are in, but Ann Rinaldi's books are of American History, so if that's not something you like to learn about, I wouldn't suggest those.
I once heard that dust is made up of human skin cells. If that's true, I think there's a naked man under my bed!
roswell_lver_83
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by roswell_lver_83 »

Lisa Jane Smith has written some great books she sometimes writes under L.J. Smith. My fav is the night world series!
starlady
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by starlady »

Katie MacAlister publishes several series under the pen name of Katie Maxwell.

My daughter loves her books even though she is already in college! lol!

~S
Visit My Reading Blog: Reading Journal
Visit HoshiDreams' Anime Blog: HoshiDream's Anime
SagiBecca
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by SagiBecca »

Well Am not into the whole first crush thing, but i do read teen books but they all have to do with the paranormal. some of my faves are: Blood and Chocolate, I absolutely adore that book, i love it it's a werewolf book. There's Silver Kiss by the same author, that's vampire. There's Amelia Atwater-Rhodes' books. I think i read all of hers, they are really great, the titles are :Midnight Predator, Shattered Mirrors, Demon in my View, Forest of the night, all vampire books. I think she got a series "The Keisha'Ra Series"? from those i only read Hawksong, and that was pretty good. Like i said the only teen books i read is with paranormal stuff. LOL. I am such a loser.
why am i even here?
life is .................................. meaningless.
SagiBecca
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by SagiBecca »

I don't understand why everyone suddenly believes The DaVinci Code is real. Those same people saw X-Men, but they're not running around screaming that mutants exist, are they?
This is an awesome siggy Island Girl. I like it. You never know. Me and my friend went to see X-men 3 and she was like, I wish i was a mutant. lol
why am i even here?
life is .................................. meaningless.
girl afraid
Addicted Roswellian

Post by girl afraid »

roswell_lver_83 wrote:Lisa Jane Smith has written some great books she sometimes writes under L.J. Smith. My fav is the night world series!
I like LJ Smith, my favourites are the Dark Visions and Vampire Diaries trilogies/series.
it's better to rise than fade away.
Evelynn
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Evelynn »

I'll Be Seeing You by Lurlene McDaniel was the first ever romancy type teen novel I ever read. It made me cry. I love it and I still read it every now and then today.

Evelynn
Evelynn
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Books for teens

Post by Evelynn »

BoredDaze wrote: I wanted to ask if any of you lovely people doesn't happen to have Sarah Dessen's books ( "Dreamland", "How To Deal", "This Lullaby", "Someone like you", "Keeping The Moon", "That Summer") on your computers...?

I remember reading Keeping the Moon. That was so long ago.

Evelynn
rwllmn
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by rwllmn »

omg i used to LOVE reading the Lurlene McDaniels and i have to agree with ISLANDGIRL5 reccomending Don't Die my Love. it was the first book i cried reading.
"...even the worst most intractable mistake beats the hell out of never trying." Meredith Grey