Books for teens

Trade your favorite books and authors here!

Moderators: singerchic4, Forum Moderators

behrlyliz
Addicted Roswellian

Post by behrlyliz »

I can't believe I'm confessing this but I LOVE the Summer Boys series by Hailey Abbott and I’m anxiously waiting for the last book in the series, Last Summer. My favorite is Ella, of course and I was a huge fan on Peter, the player and I hope he makes an appearance in Last Summer. I know I’m wrong for this but I actually want him and Ella to hook up again.

And I just recently discovered Kate Brian's Private series, which was OMG, so freakin good. Untouchable ended with a big cliffhanger and I can't wait to read what happens next in Confessions. Also, I read Megan Meade's Guide to the McGowan Boys and I thought it was really cute and I hope there's a sequel. She ended it in a way where there could be a sequel, so I'm crossing my fingers.
Team Framing Hanley
My Fics~My Challenges~My Space
natalie
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by natalie »

I read the Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot and really enjoyed them. Though, are they considered Teen reads or more Pre-teen? I don't know. Either way, I found them cute and sweet... as well as Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine.
StillDayDreaming
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by StillDayDreaming »

I LOVE the book Pretty Things, BTW; if you haven't read Guitar Girl, the author's first novel, that one's good too!

I love the book It Happened To Nancy; it's by the same person who (allegedly) edited Go Ask Alice. If you can get past the controversy, it's so heartbreaking to read.

The Perks of Being a Wallflower is definitely a good one too, if you haven't read it already.
Queenie_Zan7
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Queenie_Zan7 »

natalie wrote:I read the Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot and really enjoyed them. Though, are they considered Teen reads or more Pre-teen? I don't know. Either way, I found them cute and sweet... as well as Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine.
I was practically in love with Ella Enchanted in 5th grade :roll: :lol: I read it so much (paperback) that the pages ripped out and my mom had to buy me the hardback. I read another book by Meg Cabot, but not Princess Diaries series. She seems like a good author...

-Queenie_Zan7
check out my fic and author's page--

Queens and Kings
Queenie_Zan7's fics
Evelynn
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Evelynn »

I just finished reading Staying Fat for Sarah Byrnes by Chris Crutcher. I liked it. Although, I did kind of wish it delved even further into his relationships with everyone. But still a good read no less. Almost predictable ending, but I still liked it.
dreamerfrvrp3
Addicted Roswellian

Post by dreamerfrvrp3 »

These books are amazing:
Bras & Broomsticks by Sarah Mlynowski
Frogs & Frenchkisses by Sarah Mlynowski
Spells & Sleepingbags by Sarah Mlynowski

Confessions of a Teen Nanny by Victoria Ashton
Confessions of a Teen Nanny: Rich Girls by Victoria Ashton
Confessions of a Teen Nanny: Juicy Secrets by Victoria Ashton

By far my most favorite teen books
ever!
CandyliciousLovah
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Books for teens

Post by CandyliciousLovah »

The Grimm Legacy by Polly Shulman - a phenomenal book, I might say. I may be almost 25, but I really connected with this book, ever since the lady I work for (a librarian!) recommended that I check it out, which I was excited by the time I finished and I found that I could talk to someone about it.
AlysLuv
Addicted Roswellian

Post by AlysLuv »

Just started and catching up on the mortal instruments series by Cassandra Clare. It's a little slow but I'm loving the background of it all. Saw the movie that come out in 2013 before I started the series. I liked the movie but I know big TMI fans that hated it though, compared to the books of course.
CandyliciousLovah
Addicted Roswellian

Post by CandyliciousLovah »

^^ I read the books before I saw the movie, and I was surprised how close to the first book they stuck with for the movie :)
AlysLuv
Addicted Roswellian

Post by AlysLuv »

Finished the last new the mortal instruments TMI book....was awesome! Great series. To be that creative, blows my mind. The family lines, timelines, the Infernal Devices series...which is like a prequel to TMI. I'm a huge, huge fan now.