If you like Roswell, you'll like this book...

Trade your favorite books and authors here!

Moderators: singerchic4, Forum Moderators

Lolita
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Lolita »

Wow! Thanks for posting on our little board, Stacey! (And thanks to Carol for inviting you.) I love it when authors post sneak peeks of their books on their websites. It's a nice little teaser. I've been trying to find The Silver Spoon all over my city but unfortunately, the big bookstore over here is out of stock. I guess I'll have to order it from the net.

On a side note, I liked how you addressed the 'good looks' issue of aliens. I always wondered about that on Roswell. All the aliens were always tall and good looking. :lol:
<center>Image</center>
StaceyKlemstein
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by StaceyKlemstein »

Lolita wrote: I've been trying to find The Silver Spoon all over my city but unfortunately, the big bookstore over here is out of stock. I guess I'll have to order it from the net.

On a side note, I liked how you addressed the 'good looks' issue of aliens. I always wondered about that on Roswell. All the aliens were always tall and good looking. :lol:
Unfortunately, because it is a small press book it can be difficult to find on the shelf. However, you can order it from a Barnes and Noble or Borders if you give them the ISBN number, but it's probably not any faster or easier than ordering it on the web.

Addressing the alien attractiveness quotient was important to me. It seems in most sci-fi, there are extremes. Either aliens are these big slimey ugly things or they're handsome beyond belief and without a solid reason why. In my story, they were created to be attractive to humans for a good reason, though I can't remember if the reason is spelled out in the first book or the second! :lol: I've got so many details from their world running around in my head, I can't always remember where and when things made it onto the page without looking.
Stacey Klemstein

Author of THE SILVER SPOON, http://www.staceyklemstein.com

"Everyone has bad days. But for Zara Mitchell that means someone's trying to kill her and she's lusting after an alien. And that's just Friday..."
Temptress
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Temptress »

I was so intrigued by the summary I HAD To buy this book. I just ordered it from Barnes and Nobles.com and i now wait patiently for it to come from the distributor.

Thanks so much for coming to this side of the internetverse Ms. Klemstein and i hope to be enjoying your book very soon. :D
roswellianprincess16
Addicted Roswellian

Post by roswellianprincess16 »

Isn't it awesome how many talented writers hail from the Roswell Universe or are in some way involved? Yup, it just goes to prove my theory. Some of the smartest most talented people in the world recognized the little show's potential. :)
-Isabelle Santiago, Author of Scifi/Fantasy Romance
Not Every Girl Dreams of Prince Charming...
http://twistedfairytale.net
http://twistedfairytale.net/blog/
StaceyKlemstein
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by StaceyKlemstein »

Temptress wrote:I just ordered it from Barnes and Nobles.com and i now wait patiently for it to come from the distributor.
Oh, thank you! I hope you enjoy it. :)
Stacey Klemstein

Author of THE SILVER SPOON, http://www.staceyklemstein.com

"Everyone has bad days. But for Zara Mitchell that means someone's trying to kill her and she's lusting after an alien. And that's just Friday..."
behrlyliz
Addicted Roswellian

Post by behrlyliz »

I just got my copy today in the mail and I'm so excited. I read the first three chapters from the author's website and I was so intrigued that I immediately ordered the copy from Amazon.com

Thanks Zendorox for letting us know about this amazing gem. And thanks to Stacey Klemstein for writing such a brilliant piece of literature. I look forward to reading the rest of the book.
Team Framing Hanley
My Fics~My Challenges~My Space
Shama
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Shama »

I bought the book a few month ago and I absolutely LOVED it!
You're such a great author! I can't wait for the next book!
sunrise102
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by sunrise102 »

Well I'll be a monkey's uncle! Why am I only now seeing this thread? Should have found it much sooner. Well, I'm excited now. I'm ordering this book immediately and can't wait to read it!
A clever person turns great troubles into little ones and little ones into none at all.

~Chinese Proverb
erinkatie
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by erinkatie »

Hey guys! Just an update... for those of you who love The Silver Spoon you'll be happy to know that Stacey got a new contract with Echleon Press and she is publishing the second book, Eye of The Beholder, in the Zara series coming out either this fall or Feb. 08. Her myspace lists both dates so I'm not sure.

I'm hoping she'll post some excerpts from EotB like she did for the first book to tide us over... go out and get the first book and support this great series!!

erin!

Dean: Hey, you know what? There's a ton of lore on unicorns too, in fact,
I hear they ride on silver moonbeams and shoot rainbows outta their ass.

Harold Krick: I know this may sound like gibberish to you, but I think I'm in a tragedy.

“Don’t feel guilty, guilt is a wicked ghost.”

Ben: Evie, you're in the middle of nowhere!
Evie: Then I'll cling to the edge of somewhere!!!
DreamerM&L
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by DreamerM&L »

As soon as i found out about this book I just had to go order it and as soon as it came I Finished it IN a WEEK. Couldnt put it down, it got in the way of everything but i had to read it:D Zara and Caelan reminded me so much of Liz And Max. cant wait for the second one to come out
Liz:Forever may only be twelve days...

Max:Then we'll take those twelve days...and we'll live twelve life times.

Robert Pattinson is My own personal brand of Heroin