If you like Roswell, you'll like this book...

Trade your favorite books and authors here!

Moderators: singerchic4, Forum Moderators

Zendorox
Enthusiastic Roswellian

If you like Roswell, you'll like this book...

Post by Zendorox »

There used to be a thread for books that remind you of Roswell or books you'd like if you like Roswell.

I just finished reading one that is VERY similar.

This is called "The Silver Spoon" by Stacey Klemstein.

Futuristic / Science Fiction with romantic elements is very hard to come by today. Those that are coming out are mostly from small publishers. This book is put out by Runestone Publishing.

Plot Summary:

Two years ago aliens made their presence known when they stepped in and disarmed nuclear missiles as they were in the air. Having saved the planet, the governments have given The Observers free reign to watch humans in their natural habitat.

However, not everyone is happy about The Observers appearance. Since the day they arrived, Zara Mitchell has been having vivid nightmares that are alien related. Of course, since she lives in a small town, everyone is convinced Zara is now crazy. She puts up with the gossip, running her diner "The Silver Spoon", until one day the sheriff comes in with an Observer in tow.

His name is Caelan and he ends up saving her life...twice. Turns out another Observer named Nevan is out to kill her for unknown reasons and Caelan insists she disappear with him for protection. She goes with him and meets the other three members of his "unit", and adventure ensues.

The Observers function in units of four, two are male and two are female. They can read other's thoughts; fire blasts from their hands; manipulate objects (like changing dollar bills to one-hundred dollar bills); make people see things; heal at a rapid rate, etc.

Caelan is the "Max" character, very handsome and caring. Asha is his partner and she is very Tess like (mean spirited, nasty personality). Thane is very much like Michael; short tempered, not very talkative, kinda grumpy. Finally Namere is Thane's partner; she is standoff-ish but kind once she gets to know you.

Zara is definitely Liz's alter-ego. The attraction between her and Caelan is immediate and their "cumulation" is intense.

By the end of the book, we find out what The Observers agenda is, why Nevan is after Zara, and the truth behind the functioning "units".

It's a pretty good book. Roswell lovers would love it.
Zanssoulmate08
Addicted Roswellian
Location: In my happy place, entertaining myself with shiny objects.

Post by Zanssoulmate08 »

Okay, you've officially sparked my interest, I'm goin 2 the library tonight! :D

-Sarah

Once upon a time in a faraway kingdom,
Man made up a story, said that I should believe him.
Go and tell your white knight that he’s handsome in hindsight,
But I don’t want the next best thing.
So I sing, I hold my head down, and I break these walls ’round me.
Can’t take no more of your fairytale love.
Maxssoulmate
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Maxssoulmate »

Just like my sister said. 'you've sparked my interest'. Now i really want to read it! :D

<3 tay
"Okay, I'll be Christina for you. If you'll be Izzie for me."-George
"Deal."- Meredith
(George stops the Elevator abruptly)
"Derick had a woman in his trailer last night. She was ugly.Very Ugly. Except she was tall and beautiful and he was naked.
"McDreamy was doing the McNasty with McHottie. That McBastard!"

out of this world
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by out of this world »

I have to say that i read this book and it is awesome. Thank you so much for mentioning something about this Zendorox I could not put it down. Is it suppose to be a series? I hope so. :)

Carol:)
Zendorox
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Zendorox »

out of this world wrote:Is it suppose to be a series? I hope so. :)

Carol:)
I went out and found her website, it appears so. She lists "Zara Mitchell Series" under books.

http://www.staceyklemstein.com/

Interesting note here, go look at her photo gallery, last photo. Notice the HUGE Roswell poster in the background.

Zen
Lolita
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Lolita »

Zendorox wrote: Interesting note here, go look at her photo gallery, last photo. Notice the HUGE Roswell poster in the background.

Zen
Heheheh! I wonder what inspired this story? Hmmnn.... ;)
<center>Image</center>
roswellianprincess16
Addicted Roswellian

Post by roswellianprincess16 »

LOL.

Wow, talk about a tribute. Gonna have to check this one out. Even if just to sate my curiosity. :)
-Isabelle Santiago, Author of Scifi/Fantasy Romance
Not Every Girl Dreams of Prince Charming...
http://twistedfairytale.net
http://twistedfairytale.net/blog/
StaceyKlemstein
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by StaceyKlemstein »

Thanks, Zendorox, for reading my book and for posting about it here! I'm so glad you liked it. (Thanks also to Carol for letting me know where she found out about my book).

The Silver Spoon is definitely the first book in a series. I had such a blast writing it, I couldn't let go of the characters after just one story! I've just finished writing the second book, Eye of the Beholder, and I'm really happy with it. Unfortunately, my small publisher is going to be closing in the next year, so I have to find a home for both books now. But I've got some good leads and hope to have the second book out there soon.

Funny story about the poster. It's the poster that was used to advertise the start of the third season of Roswell. It was up in my local mall and being a huge fan of the show, I called to see if I could get one when they were done with it. The mall person referred me to the distributing agency who referred me to an ad agency in L.A. I kept following up and eventually got through to someone, a very nice woman, who sent me the poster about six months later when I'd almost given up.

It's HUGE. About three feet across and four feet tall. Max, Liz, Michael and Isabel are shown in close up. I love it! It's one of my most prized possessions :lol:

For anyone who's interested, you can read the first three chapters of The Silver Spoon at my website as a free sample. For those of you who already have the book and want it signed, send me an email (sklemstein@msn.com) with your snail mail address and I can send you a bookplate.

Also, I have one Advanced Readers Copy (ARC) left from all my promo work last year. Basically, it's the manuscript in a bound format--a few more typos in it than the final but otherwise the same. I'll do a drawing for it, if people are interested. All I ask is that if you like it, you tell people, just as Zendorox did! :)

Just send me an email with ARC in the subject line and I'll draw a name on March 17 and send the ARC to the winner. Unfortunately, I can't afford international shipping, so it'll have to be U.S residents only. :) Though, I might be able to dig up an ebook if people outside the U.S are interested.

Thanks again, Zendorox, and everyone else on this thread! As a new author, I really appreciate all the support and discussion.

Sincerely,

Stacey Klemstein
Stacey Klemstein

Author of THE SILVER SPOON, http://www.staceyklemstein.com

"Everyone has bad days. But for Zara Mitchell that means someone's trying to kill her and she's lusting after an alien. And that's just Friday..."
roswellianprincess16
Addicted Roswellian

Post by roswellianprincess16 »

I did read the excerpt! It was hilarious! You have such a great voice. It's witty and young. I loved it. I'm ordering it this week on Amazon. I'm glad it'll be a series too. It would make for interesting reading.

Oh, and one more thing, I just have to say, fobber. LOL. Ingenius.
-Isabelle Santiago, Author of Scifi/Fantasy Romance
Not Every Girl Dreams of Prince Charming...
http://twistedfairytale.net
http://twistedfairytale.net/blog/
StaceyKlemstein
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by StaceyKlemstein »

roswellianprincess16 wrote: I'm ordering it this week on Amazon. I'm glad it'll be a series too. It would make for interesting reading.

Oh, and one more thing, I just have to say, fobber. LOL. Ingenius.
Thank you so much! I had such a great time writing it. Hee. I'm glad you liked fobber--it was a lot of fun thinking about what Earth would be like with aliens out in the open in society.
Stacey Klemstein

Author of THE SILVER SPOON, http://www.staceyklemstein.com

"Everyone has bad days. But for Zara Mitchell that means someone's trying to kill her and she's lusting after an alien. And that's just Friday..."