Nicholas Sparks

Trade your favorite books and authors here!

Moderators: singerchic4, Forum Moderators

Poison Ivy
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Nicholas Sparks

Post by Poison Ivy »

I just ended 'the notebook' by Nicholas Sparks! I loved the book, it's well written and the love between Allie and Noah is indescribable. I haven't seen the movie, but I would really love to see it! Did anyone see it yet? And did someone read others of Nicholas Sparks? Like 'Message in a bottle'?

xxx Ivy
LovinGuerin2Much
Addicted Roswellian

Post by LovinGuerin2Much »

Ive read a few of his books, theres actually a story that was written, I think its called "The Wedding" and its about Noah and Alies daughters marriage and some things that they go through. Noah is in that book alot.

I loved the movie of "The Notebook" as well as the book... He also wrote a walk to remember which made me cry like a baby... hes an amazing writer...
Last edited by LovinGuerin2Much on Sat Jul 01, 2006 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maxssoulmate
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Maxssoulmate »

I love his books! i am curently reading the rescue and so far it is really really good!

and the movie the notebook, its really good, i cried like a baby. i havn't read the book so i couldnt compare but if anyone else has let me know! :D

<3 Tay
"Okay, I'll be Christina for you. If you'll be Izzie for me."-George
"Deal."- Meredith
(George stops the Elevator abruptly)
"Derick had a woman in his trailer last night. She was ugly.Very Ugly. Except she was tall and beautiful and he was naked.
"McDreamy was doing the McNasty with McHottie. That McBastard!"

Poison Ivy
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Poison Ivy »

Yeah, he's really a terrific writer! I didn't even know that the book 'the wedding' was a kinda sequel! I'm going to read it very soon!

xxx Ivy
ISLANDGIRL5
Forum Moderator

Post by ISLANDGIRL5 »

I love Nicholas Sparks. A Walk To Remember was the first one of his I read. I never could get into Message in a Bottle, the movie. It was kind of just...blah for me. Walk to Remember the movie...great, but the book was better (aren't they always?). It was really the ending of the book, where Landon made such a big deal about Jamie's walk towards him, and how everything they'd been through made it "A Walk to Remember."

The Notebook movie was awesome. Loved it almost as much as the book. But what can I say. I'm a wierd girl...the books are always better for me.
I once heard that dust is made up of human skin cells. If that's true, I think there's a naked man under my bed!
pLANETv33n3ss
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by pLANETv33n3ss »

I saw "A Walk to Remember" at a friends place and loved it so much i eventually borrowed it seven times from the video store before my friend got it 4 me 4 my bday,
I read the book too, and i totally agree with island girls, the title means so much more in the book than it does in the film, but i still luv them both

i own the notebook - the actual novel - and just finished reading it 4 lyk the third time last week, i love the book but again i think the movie was just more.. i dunno, but they were both great

and i've also read Bend in the Road, that was a really good story too, and all suspenseful...

but my faves are deff the first two
Zanssoulmate08
Addicted Roswellian
Location: In my happy place, entertaining myself with shiny objects.

Post by Zanssoulmate08 »

Poison Ivy wrote:Yeah, he's really a terrific writer! I didn't even know that the book 'the wedding' was a kinda sequel! I'm going to read it very soon!

xxx Ivy
Ooooh, a sequal!

-Sarah

Once upon a time in a faraway kingdom,
Man made up a story, said that I should believe him.
Go and tell your white knight that he’s handsome in hindsight,
But I don’t want the next best thing.
So I sing, I hold my head down, and I break these walls ’round me.
Can’t take no more of your fairytale love.
Sarieah
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Sarieah »

I've only read The Notebook, however I think it spoils it when you've seen the film. But as the film, and A Walk to Remember, were told by himself, he's one amazing guy!
WomanofMystery
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by WomanofMystery »

I love Nicholas Sparks. I have 'The Notebook', 'The Wedding', 'The Guardian', 'The Rescue', 'True Believer' and 'A walk to remember'. I haven't been able to find any of his other books but I'm looking. They are all amazing. 'The Notebook' is my favourite, whenever I go on holiday that's the one book I always take with me to re-read. There are a couple of bits where I cry my eyes out every time I read them even though I already know what's going to happen. I got the film on DVD first and I loved it so I brought the book and that's even better than the film.
WASH: I'm a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar.
coracat
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by coracat »

I read "A Walk To Remember" long before I knew that there's a movie.
hell, it made me cry.
he's a great author.

~bea