Nicholas Sparks

Trade your favorite books and authors here!

Moderators: singerchic4, Forum Moderators

nunki
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by nunki »

I watched the movie "Message in a bottle" and liked it and since everyone said that the book was so much better I had to read it.I´ve also read "The notebook","The wedding" and "A walk to remember" so far and I agree with you all.He writes in a really emotional and touching way and what I also like about his books is that you never know if there´s gonna be a happy ending or not.I like books that create tension.
natalie
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by natalie »

I love his books, but lately, the newer ones just aren't as good. My personal favorite is The Notebook which is also my favorite novel to screen adaption as well. I like the different focuses between the book and the movie. In the book, it was more about them seeing each other again, while the movie built up to that point by showcasing their love at a younger age. Anyways, all good.
cassie
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by cassie »

I love his work as well. I've read 'The Notebook', 'A Walk to Remember' and 'Message in Bottle.' I hadn't realised that 'The Wedding' is a sequel, must go out and buy it. He also recently co-wrote a book with his brother. Has anyone read that one? I bought it for my sister, but she hasn't finished reading it yet.
dreamerfrvrp3
Addicted Roswellian

Post by dreamerfrvrp3 »

Yes, it was really interesting. All of his books are amazing! You must read the Guardian, it's my favorite ever!
guelbebek
Addicted Roswellian

Post by guelbebek »

I just read "Dear John", the book is really great. It's about a girl named savannah and a boy named John, who's in the army...and goes to Irak after 9/11

The book is really good, but not better the "A Walk to Remember" and the "Notebook"
Roswell 4th Season in German! 17 Episodes are online. (Update 25/08)

My Authors Page
German Roswell Fictions
dreamerfrvrp3
Addicted Roswellian

Post by dreamerfrvrp3 »

The Choice, his newest book out is absolutely fantastic! One of my favorites!
Midwest Max
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Midwest Max »

I've only read a few of his books, but if you guys really like him you should read his memoir "Three Weeks With My Brother." It gives a lot of insight as to where his stories come from, and why "A Walk to Remember" is so heartbreaking.
dreamerfrvrp3
Addicted Roswellian

Post by dreamerfrvrp3 »

Yeah I really liked Three Weeks with My Brother. I've seen him quite a few times when his books come out and he has signings. He's extremely down to earth and funny.
Sundae
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Nicholas Sparks

Post by Sundae »

I dislike Nicholas Sparks...I think he's a great idea-novelist, but for me he doesn't deliver...at least not the standard I like when reading.

I've read "A Walk To Remember," "The Notebook," "Message in a Bottle" and a few others, but he is one author I can say...that the movies are better than the books. I love all the movies, but don't feel the same way about the books...I usually just merely like them.