Twilight

Trade your favorite books and authors here!

Moderators: singerchic4, Forum Moderators

Gidget2
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Gidget2 »

I read both Twilight and New Moon last week, and I absolutely fell in love with the story, characters, everything. In a way Bella and Edward's relationship reminded me of Max and Liz, well at least the first season relationship. :roll:

-Edward saved her and told her to lie about the situation.
-He tried to stay away from her because being with him was "dangerous".
-They were Biology partners.
-He could do extrodinary things.
-And he always said the right things.
-He had topaz eyes.
-Bella's inquisitive mind.

But on another note, I cannot wait till Eclipse comes out! Has anyone gone to Stephenie Meyer's sight and read the outtakes/extras from the books? There's also an Edward's POV for another book of the series Midnight Sun.

Also I'm not so sure I want them to make Twilight into a movie. They tend to ruin the book and remake it into something that it's not. Plus it might be done under MTV Films... Don't know how I feel about that. :|
"We come to love not by finding a perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly." - Sam Keen
Alison: I want the shirt that says 'I don't have A.D.D....Ooooo look a chiken!'

Me: Where? Where? (turns head from left to right)
sprayadhesive
Addicted Roswellian

Post by sprayadhesive »

Gidget2 wrote:I read both Twilight and New Moon last week, and I absolutely fell in love with the story, characters, everything. In a way Bella and Edward's relationship reminded me of Max and Liz, well at least the first season relationship. :roll:

-Edward saved her and told her to lie about the situation.
-He tried to stay away from her because being with him was "dangerous".
-They were Biology partners.
-He could do extrodinary things.
-And he always said the right things.
-He had topaz eyes.
-Bella's inquisitive mind.
Plus, how Edward saves Bella's life in the parking lot when the out of control car almost kills her, and how he does it despite the protests of the people he's keeping the secret with, who are also watching the incident take place (much like Michael did with the shooting). Rosalie really reminds me of a mix between Ice Princess Isabel and Tess and Alice reminds me of either Maria or the nicer/warmed up Isabel.

hahahaha I've thought about this so much....
Gidget2
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Gidget2 »

sprayadhesive wrote:
Plus, how Edward saves Bella's life in the parking lot when the out of control car almost kills her, and how he does it despite the protests of the people he's keeping the secret with, who are also watching the incident take place (much like Michael did with the shooting). Rosalie really reminds me of a mix between Ice Princess Isabel and Tess and Alice reminds me of either Maria or the nicer/warmed up Isabel.

hahahaha I've thought about this so much....
Yeah I compleately agree with your comparisons. Mike reminds of a first season Kyle or maybe Sean. Both Emmet and Jasper remind me of Michael with their manliness. :lol:

... I'm such a dork. :roll:
"We come to love not by finding a perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly." - Sam Keen
Alison: I want the shirt that says 'I don't have A.D.D....Ooooo look a chiken!'

Me: Where? Where? (turns head from left to right)
cardinalgirl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by cardinalgirl »

I'm hearing a million things about this book! Everywhere!
tinie38
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by tinie38 »

I just recently came upon Twilight and New Moon and i couldn't put them down, I read them both in two days lol it just about drove my mom crazy cuz i wouldn't do anything else but read. I can't wait for Eclipse to come out I wonder what's going to happen will they turn Bella or not and if they do what will happen with the werewolves. So many possibilities, but I personally think that Edward should just change Bella before something happens but if he does it will open a can of worms. Man I just can't wait to see where the story goes. :)
I'll always be a dreamer but every once in awhile I'll be awakened.
Beautiful banner thanks to FrenchDreamer!
roswellfan88
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by roswellfan88 »

Just started <i>Twilight</i>.

I'll tell you what i think when I'm done!!!! :D
roswellfan88
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by roswellfan88 »

Finished <i>Twilight</i>!!!!:D

I LOVED <i>Twilight</i>!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bella and Edward's relationship was so cute. :D :lol:

Now I'm starting <i>New Moon</i>.
Galliard
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Galliard »

Gidget2 wrote:In a way Bella and Edward's relationship reminded me of Max and Liz, well at least the first season relationship.
sprayadhesive wrote: Plus, how Edward saves Bella's life in the parking lot when the out of control car almost kills her, and how he does it despite the protests of the people he's keeping the secret with, who are also watching the incident take place (much like Michael did with the shooting). Rosalie really reminds me of a mix between Ice Princess Isabel and Tess and Alice
  • reminds me of either Maria or the nicer/warmed up Isabel.
Yes, ITA. I think Twilight could easily qualify as an AU rosfic since there are so many thematic similarities. Just change a few names.

Here's a link to that alternative take on When Edward Met Bella, this time from Edward's POV.
http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/midnightsun_chapter1.pdf

Puts a whole new spin on the dangerous to be around just because of what they are theme, eh?

Also, does anyone else think that maybe it'll turn out that Bella is not exactly human either? I mean no actual human could be that clumsy, could they? :P But seriously, why can't Edward read her mind? And there's some stuff that happens in New Moon, which I won't spoil for anyone who hasn't read it, that suggests that this phenomenon is not just Edward's quirk. This, combined with the fact that Jake appears to be just as invisible to Alice's powers as Bella is to Edward's (also in New Moon -- sorry, so hard to not spoil while still discussing), is quite suggestive given the revelations about Jake's nature, IMHO.
[/list]
dreamer19

Re: Twilight

Post by dreamer19 »

Yeah I read all the books in a span of a few days when my mother suggested them to me. My cousin had a collection in her room. Then she told me there was going to be a movie. She doesn't want to see it, but I'm stoked. Kristin Stewart is going to play the part of Bella and I have loved Kristen Stewart since I saw her in the movie Speak (great novel btw). So I was just looking at the Stephanie Meyer website and looked at the Twlight Playlist. It kind of freaked me out in a good way though. Some of the song titles and how she states

"As mentioned at the end of the lame, rambling autobiography (nobody got that far, did they?), I can't write without music. This, combined with the fact that writing Twilight was a very visual, movie-like experience, prompted me to collect my favorite Twilight songs into a sort of soundtrack for the book. This list is not chiseled in granite; it transforms now and again. But, for the moment, here's the music I hear in my head while reading the book:"

Number # 1 is Why does it always rain on me? by Travis. I about dropped dead because I have that on my itunes and absolutely love it.

#8 is Here With Me by Dido, what does that remind you of?

Yeah not that anybody will care, but I just had to share that somewhere. :mrgreen:
RosAngBuf16
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: Twilight

Post by RosAngBuf16 »

just a little FYI they named the cast of the family today on the movie website with pictures
Liz: Um... Did you know there's a full college scholarship being offered to potential podiatry practitioners?

Max: Really.

Liz: I have to keep my business south of the equator, though.

Max: Couldn't you come a little farther... north?