Twilight

Trade your favorite books and authors here!

Moderators: singerchic4, Forum Moderators

Hunter
Forum Moderator

Re: Twilight

Post by Hunter »

pijeechinadoll wrote:LOL funny ^^ :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Ping what you doing here lol? I thought you haven't read Twilight yet?

:mrgreen:
pijeechinadoll
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by pijeechinadoll »

Hunter wrote:
pijeechinadoll wrote:LOL funny ^^ :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Ping what you doing here lol? I thought you haven't read Twilight yet?
:mrgreen:
i havent LOL but i was checking the utube video out. xx
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dompotjT ... re=channel
check it out! these guys have some serious talent....
♥LUv roSWEll♥lOvE MaX eVAns♥LoVe Liz PaRKeR♥luV bEiNg a DrEamR♥LuV FANFICS♥
xoxoxox
To see a World in a Grain of Sand,And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand, And Eternity in an hour
(william blake)
RoninBehr
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by RoninBehr »

So I've heard people talking about Twilight for the past 2 months now that I'm wondering what is such the big deal? Is it like the Harry Potter phase people go through? (Never got into that phase) Everyone is talking about the movie now (which looks interesting but I've been debating read the book? [which usually is always better] or watch the movie first?)

Anyways some of my closest friends are starting to recommend me the books but I'm worried I'll become addicted like them :lol:

I guess the reason for this post is...is it really worthwhile to read? I'll be leavin out of town next weekend and I figured I would read the book on my 4 hour flight. Or should I just watch the movie?

~RoninBehr
"Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice, it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved."

-William Jennings Bryan
Itzstacie
Forum Moderator

Post by Itzstacie »

I think it is, I'm not a vampire reading person, I never read books about them. I heard from alot of people that Twilight has a Roswell feel to it (you could almost subistute the alien for vampire) so I decided to check them out and I'm glad I did. I bought the first book and finished it in two days, I went and bought the next two. The second book I finished in one day and started on the third (I just couldnt put them down), I turned two of my friends and about 3 of my co-workers on to it.
RoninBehr
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by RoninBehr »

Well thats good to know because i actually got into Roswell by reading the books first (since when I started reading the books the show had ended) and I remembered I could never put them down and would finish them right away.

Thanks I think I'll officially go ahead and read the books as soon as my friend lets me borrow hers this weekend :wink:

~RoninBehr
"Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice, it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved."

-William Jennings Bryan
greydestiny
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by greydestiny »

has anyone seen the movie? i saw it on Friday and i liked it. of course it was different from the books (like all movies based off books) there were some scenes added that i liked and some scenes that were changed that i didn't like....

though i do agree that twilight does have a roswell to feel it! :D
dreamer19

Post by dreamer19 »

I saw the movie yesterday and I really liked it. I heard all the bad reviews and though some have valid points, the movie still hits home for me and think everyone should experience Twilight for themselves before they make up their minds.
behrlyliz
Addicted Roswellian

Post by behrlyliz »

I totally agree dreamer19. I saw Twilight at the midnight showing. Much like with reading Breaking Dawn, I went to the theater with no expectations. There were some really cheesy special effects moments but for the most part I enjoyed the movie and plan on seeing it again.

Here's a list of what I liked and didn't like about the movie so be warned, SPOILERS are below

Spoilers below
^
^
^
^
^
^
^

Things I LOVED

1) Baseball scene – It kicked ass. Using Muse's Supermassive Black Hole was an excellent choice. It made the entire scene 100 times better.
2) Charlie – Awesome
3) The kiss – Hands down win
4) Rob- He OWNED the role of Edward. I heard some negative reviews, however, I think he was very effective in portraying Edward's bloodlust. He literally looked like he wanted to kill Bella. I think he did an excellent job.
5) Mike Newton dancing in the window behind Bella when she was at the café with Charlie.
6) The look between Edward & Jacob at the end of the movie was priceless, makes you look forward to New Moon.
7) Carlisle – Never saw it coming. Peter is MAJOR HOT
8) Victoria - Loved the end of the movie. For the little screen time she had, I think she definitely had presence and I can't wait to see more of Victoria
9) Edward pretending to be asleep in the hospital was hilarious
10) Rob & Kristen's chemistry
11) Billy
12) The prom scene even though the Cullens were absent.

Things I didn’t like

1) The pace was a tad too fast & choppy
2) Special effects were terrible. Edward does NOT fly.
3) Sparkling Edward – It wasn’t awful but I think it could have been better.
4) Too much Rosalie and not enough Alice, which makes no sense because Alice is Bella's best girl friend and much more of a prominent & important character than Rosalie.
5) Musical score was horrible. For most of the movie, I didn't like the songs that were used. They didn't fit the scenes with the exception of Supermassive Black Hole during the baseball scene which was major win.
6) The meadow scene. I don't even know if I can call it that. Was it a meadow :? ? They placed no significance on the meadow and I have no idea how that will play out in New Moon cuz’ it’s such a crucial part of the book for Bella to search for it.
7) Bella and Edward never said I love you.
8) Bella wasn't dazzled.
9) The Cullens weren't prominent enough. I only remember Esme in a couple of scenes. They didn’t even show the other two couples at the prom.

As a whole I liked the movie and plan on seeing it again and buying it when it comes out on DVD. I think Rob and Kristen did a good job with the script they were given and I'm ecstatic that they're making New Moon. I can't wait for the birthday scene and I hope they fast forward through the depressive/Jacob parts and get to Italy. I can't wait to see who they get to play the Volturi. Don't know if they can afford her but I think Dakota Fanning would be an excellent choice for Jane.
Team Framing Hanley
My Fics~My Challenges~My Space
catdog-runs-fast
Enthusiastic Roswellian
Location: Somewhere South Of Mexico If My Broken Compass Is Correct

Post by catdog-runs-fast »

i seriously detest twilight. the movie looks... good but i cant stand the book. :(
Wheels will soon be made of ells!
You say it won’t ever happen? – No one believed the man who said the earth was round either!
A wise person once asked a very wise question - do you believe in otters?
dreamer19

Post by dreamer19 »

Not everyone is going to like it and that's okay. Just because so many people love it doesn't mean you should feel obligated to give it a chance if you really don't want to.