Twilight

Trade your favorite books and authors here!

Moderators: singerchic4, Forum Moderators

Bloody Crow
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: Twilight

Post by Bloody Crow »

I have begun reading Twilight and hope they will do a good job with the movie. I have seen a number of cases in which a remarkable concept gets messed up and loses its magic when people try to transfer it from the original creative medium to another, mainly a novel to a movie by Hollywood Look at what they have done to Blood And Chocolate!Damn! :twisted:
Last edited by Bloody Crow on Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cardinalgirl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by cardinalgirl »

I'm looking forward to the movie... but I don't know that it can possibly transfer well. As a friend of mine said on LJ, half the things in the book that take your breath away are impossibly cheesy lines if said out loud. :|
Alex Balex
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Alex Balex »

After hearing buzz about these books for months, I saw down and read all three and now I'm hooked. I haven't really been this into something since Roswell, and its refreshing. I cannot wait until the movie, I mean I know they cant keep everything exactly the same, but I just hope they do it justice and it isnt too cheesy.

To whoever compared these books to Roswell, I kept having the same thoughts as I read the books! I think the comparisons are strongest for the first season especially. Edward and Bella are very much like Max and Liz in situation (and physical description, both the girls are petite and slim with brown hair and eyes, both boys are very handsome with golden eyes). Emmett reminds me of Michael. Rosalie reminds me very much of Isabel and her "ice queen" persona.
behrlyliz
Addicted Roswellian

Post by behrlyliz »

I got all three books a month ago. I'm now about half way through Eclipse and call me crazy but I'm not sure I like where this is going. I like Jacob. I think he's funny and a lot of fun to be around but I only like him as a friend to Bella and it seems to me that Bella is treating him a little more friendly than she should. I've decided not to cheat by skimming to the end for the answers but I will be thoroughly pissed if Bella realizes she has more than friendly/family feelings for Jacob. I think that would be so unfair to Edward. Edward is perfect for Bella. He may be a tad controlling but that's only because he wants to keep her safe, no harm in that. Besides, Edward truly loves Bella. He loves her unselfishly because he would give her up just so she would be safe and happy ***sigh***.

Again, I like Jacob but I want him to imprint and find happiness with someone else. I think it would be perfect if he imprinted with Leah.

In conclusion, all I have to say is Edward and Bella forever.
Team Framing Hanley
My Fics~My Challenges~My Space
Behrystrwbry
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Behrystrwbry »

So I'm not the only one. :roll: :lol:

I've been obsessing over these books for over a month now. It started with Anne Rice who got me hooked on the vampire mythology and everytime I type in vampire on Amaazon or bn these twilight books pop up. Curiousity got the better of me and I ended up going through all three books in like two days. I literally could not put the books down they wer so good. And that is saying alot for a YA novel.

Anywho Bella and Edward reminded me alot of M/L especially the way he (Edward) was always deciding what was best for her. Bella was getting on my nerves a bit until the third book where she grew a backbone. All in all good clean fun. My guilty pleasure of the moment much anticipating the fourth book.

Meyer's style is so accessible it does make you believe it's possible to write your own book. But it is a genuinely entertaining story as well. If only we could all have her luck and success.
I spy with my little eye something that starts with B.
Hunter
Forum Moderator

Post by Hunter »

omg!..what a coincidence!,just today I picked up this little booklet which my sister had in her magazine. It was called Twilight and I'm a sucker for mysterious stories..seriously I love them. Anyway this had the preface and the first chapter in it and I began to read it...to my surprise I LOVED it. Seriously, I kept flipping the pages back and re reading it over and over again. There's going to be a movie about it and I have just got off wikepedia after reading what the next books- New Moon, Eclipse and Breaking Dawn are about! And I cannot wait to read them all!
The first few lines intrigued me and I thought what a brilliant writer.., Now I can't wait to head for town and grab a book so I can continue reading it.
I cannot beleive this was out two years ago either. Where have I been lol?
I was also reading comments here and noticed too, that Edward and Bella's rshp resembles that of Max and Liz's a lot- first off he's a vamphire and she a human, Max is an alien and Liz is human and that is the reason why they keep parting. And not to mention they're biology partners!!
I'm going to have to read all four books now and watch the movie. I seriously can't wait. :D
Itzstacie
Forum Moderator

Post by Itzstacie »

Just curious is anybody going to a pre-release party around them tommorrow night. Barnes and Noble by me is having one and I'm going just so I can buy Breaking Dawn at midnight because I can not wait any longer to find out what happens.
LovinGuerin2Much
Addicted Roswellian

Post by LovinGuerin2Much »

Has anyone finished Breaking Dawn?? I just did, would love to hear someone else's thoughts.... :D
Alex Balex
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Alex Balex »

There arent enough words to tell you how much I hated Breaking Dawn. What a ridiculous book. Everyone was OOC, nothing really happened, etc etc. I'm returning mine and pretending the series ends at Eclipse.
jbangelo
Administrator

Post by jbangelo »

I could not agree with you more. I felt like I was reading a bad fanfic. I haven't even finished it, and I don't know that I will.
“You know you’re right for someone when they force you to be the best version of yourself.”