Virginia Andrews

Trade your favorite books and authors here!

Moderators: singerchic4, Forum Moderators

Poison Ivy
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Virginia Andrews

Post by Poison Ivy »

Does anyone know Virginia Andrews and her books? The books are mostly series of 4-5 books! They're absolutely amazing!

xxx Ivy!
Poison Ivy
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Poison Ivy »

Nobody?
Zanssoulmate08
Addicted Roswellian
Location: In my happy place, entertaining myself with shiny objects.

Post by Zanssoulmate08 »

Did she write Flowers in the Attic?

-Sarah

Once upon a time in a faraway kingdom,
Man made up a story, said that I should believe him.
Go and tell your white knight that he’s handsome in hindsight,
But I don’t want the next best thing.
So I sing, I hold my head down, and I break these walls ’round me.
Can’t take no more of your fairytale love.
Heavenli24
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Heavenli24 »

Yes, she wrote Flowers in the Attic.

I've read quite a few of the series.

They're good, but to be honest, they kind of freak me out :roll: !

Almost every book or series contains the message that sex is a sin; it is evil and anyone doing it or thinking about it must be punished; and I don't really agree, nor am I particularly comfortable with those views of life.

Don't get me wrong, the books are good and hard to put down :) , but their themes are a little strange.
Poison Ivy
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Poison Ivy »

You are right about the themes, but I think they're well written and I just go pass that 'Sex is a sin' thing.

xxx Ivy
lazza
Enthusiastic Roswellian
Location: In the special place where all is right in the world of Roswell...aka Australia

Post by lazza »

V.Andrews books to me are all a little kooky. Apart from the fact she didn't actually write a lot of them, they all seem to include incest, rape, mistaken identity and some kind of murder. In general these ideas although sometimes hard to read are well 'normal' but each series seems to be the same but set in a different time and place.

I have a dozen or so of her books, but haven't read them in maybe 5 years because I felt like I was reading the same story over and over again.

They're well written and each I think that if you only read one or two series it's great....
Icequeen
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Icequeen »

IS she V.C Andrews? If so i only read one series of hers a while ago. i think the first one in teh series was called Dawn. I liked it. Saw the movie of flowers in the attic...creepy. LOL
My Fics
Hardhat: Don't eat the tuna salad in the cafeteria. It made me throw up.
Suit: Food poisoning takes a while. How long did it take to make you sick?
Hardhat: About 5 seconds. All I can figure is, someone must've put fish in it - I'm allergic to fish.
Poison Ivy
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Poison Ivy »

Yes, that's true she didn't wrote most of her own books. Family, friends, ... continued writing onder her name after her death. But the ideas are hers!

I saw the film also and actually the book is better. My favourite series of her is 'Ruby'.

xxx Ivy!
lazza
Enthusiastic Roswellian
Location: In the special place where all is right in the world of Roswell...aka Australia

Post by lazza »

I actually went searching for these books last night...and flipped through them again. I actually had a lot more than I thought, about 10...they were really big when I was in high school...memories.

Out of the ones I have read Ruby was my favourite one, and I think Dawn..Was Dawn the one where Jimmy was her brother but ended up not being her brother and she fell in love with him? And Ruby was set in NO?

Ok I just checked Amazon and I have all the Cutler and Landry series books. Hmm..maybe I'll have to reread them!!! Damn that's another 10 books added to the already huge pile I have to read!!
LovinGuerin2Much
Addicted Roswellian

Post by LovinGuerin2Much »

lazza wrote:
Was Dawn the one where Jimmy was her brother but ended up not being her brother and she fell in love with him?
Yup, lol thats the one...I also used to read her ALOT when I was younger, Dawn was one of my favs, along with Ruby... there was also a one about sisters that were like orphans or something....incest and kinda creepy.....but over all good books.