Nora Roberts

Trade your favorite books and authors here!

Moderators: singerchic4, Forum Moderators

Zanssoulmate08
Addicted Roswellian
Location: In my happy place, entertaining myself with shiny objects.

Post by Zanssoulmate08 »

icequeen wrote:Read this on TVguide.com Romance writer Nora Roberts has inked a deal to turn four of her novels into Lifetime Television movies. The pickings include Blue Smoke, Carolina Moon, The Villa, Montana Sky, Brazen Virtue and River's End

YAY!!! That is too cool! :mrgreen:

-Sarah

Once upon a time in a faraway kingdom,
Man made up a story, said that I should believe him.
Go and tell your white knight that he’s handsome in hindsight,
But I don’t want the next best thing.
So I sing, I hold my head down, and I break these walls ’round me.
Can’t take no more of your fairytale love.
Fehrbaby
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Fehrbaby »

Ooh, I'd love to see Brazen Virtue made into a movie. Good stuff.
Zanssoulmate08
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Zanssoulmate08 »

Fehrbaby wrote:Ooh, I'd love to see Brazen Virtue made into a movie. Good stuff.
Me too! I was soooooo sad when Kathleen was killed. That kid was really screwed up! :x

-Sarah

belleoftheball
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by belleoftheball »

Love Nora Roberts, But I'm addicted to the In Death series. Seriously I'm constantly getting made fun of cause this series takes up 2 of my bookshelves, but I can't help it I love them all.
Zanssoulmate08
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Zanssoulmate08 »

Me too, definatly. Roarke is like, my dream man! :D

-Sarah

Ti88
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Ti88 »

ok i'm totally addicted to nora roberts. and was thinking aloud why. i mean i id the romance thing in high school and bascially kicked it. then in college i was at a friend's house and she had. oh i can't remember the book. but it is the saga with the sisters and the brothers and the nosey grandfather. in one the girls live together in the house. another book...oh yes i think one of girls name was serena and she was working on cruise boat. anyway i got hooked. i finally read the in death books. i haven't read everything by her...yet. eve is one kick butt gal and roarke...yum. most of her stuff i read twice. sometimes 2 and 4 times.

but i finally figured out why i love her stuff. her books aren't really about romance. they are about relationships...all kinds. how each person is woven together like a tapstry. these events murder, mystery, mayhem, love, or whatver that places people in each other's paths are all part of the tapstry she weaves each book. most writers i notice focus on the main characters and the others are like sidekicks. but not for her. the others help lay foundations. guide our characters. and if they die or are hurt or happy we are with them just as we are with her main people. i didn't realise it until i was reading visons in death. i completely skipped it. and i was looking for. cause in that book it explains some events that happen to another character. it actually made me mad before i read it, cause i thiugh that story didn't exisit and i didn't understand why not, when she is usually very good about this connections. and when i found it i realized yes this is why i love reading ms roberts books.

also even without the mayhem thats brings the characters together, each character is alive on their own. she also creats her own timelines as sh has done in her in death series. sometimes i feel as if i'm entering into a different worls with her. actually when she makes reference to something like forest hills (site of the us open before it moved to flushing) i remember oh yes i am reading a story aren't i.

in many ways i love her books for the same reasons i love fanfiction esp roswell fanfiction.
Roselle
FaithfulAngel24
Roswell Fanatic
Location: Alabama for now, but someday I'll be on a beach in Morocco

Post by FaithfulAngel24 »

I'm a big fan of her books also. I just finished with The Key series. I was so enthralled I read all three books in three days. My friends couldn't figure out why I wanted to stay home and read while they went clubbing. LOL :D
Love is not finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly. Looking for a little magic? Practical Enchantment
Anniepoo98
Forum Moderator

Post by Anniepoo98 »

Just a little FYI.... right now they are shooting "Montana Sky" up in Canada. I can't wait to see that when it comes out. It's one of my favorites. The other one that I am really hoping for is "Carolina Moon". Now that is my all time favorite.

If you want updates, you should check out her author's website... lots of neat stuff there.... http://www.noraroberts.com

Have a good one!

Annie:)
FaithfulAngel24
Roswell Fanatic
Location: Alabama for now, but someday I'll be on a beach in Morocco

Post by FaithfulAngel24 »

Thanks for the Link Annie :D
Love is not finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly. Looking for a little magic? Practical Enchantment
kerri240879
Addicted Roswellian

Post by kerri240879 »

I love, love, LOVE Nora Roberts. I've got most of her books, ad I'm staerting to collect her "In Death" series now. HOw much does she rock as an author? My fave? Brothers Quin series.